- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Not much size interaction yet here, just to warn you.

===============================================

 

“We’ve been shrunk!?”

Sean finally here, the central information center, yet the whole explanation from the info guy sitting across the table from him still doesn’t make any sense.

“It’s the truth, sir. This is the new way of life that you’re agreed to follow by signing that contract,” the info guy holds the paper that Sean signed.

“It didn’t said anything about being shrunk!”

“But it says something about you agreeing to whatever happened to you,”

To that, Sean didn’t even have a comeback.

“Sean! Oh thank god you’re here! Finally found ya!”

“Petey?” looking behind, he saw his best friend again, now dressed in a blue buttoned shirt and black pants. “Where have you been?”

“Man, I’m should be the one asking you that. Did you just woke up today?”

“Well… yeah,”

“Come on, let’s just go, I’ll be your guide,”

***

A black compact car, Petey rides through the downtown of Haven City with Sean on the passenger seat still trying to take it all in while looking around at all the high rises buildings.

“So you’re already woke up two days ago… that gas must be powerful,” Sean asked.

“That’s not just an ordinary sleeping gas, it’s another kind of chemical that really shuts your inner organ to sleep as well for days, depends on how’s your physical condition. Forgot the name, though, that’s what they’re sayin’” Petey just explained as he keeps driving. “Also, added with the shrinking process, it affects with how your body works as well, but that’s just one of many wild speculation of the folks around here,”

“I’m still shocked that we’re being shrunken… into dust-size even…”

“Well, that explains all those missing person news, doesn’t it? But looks like this is something bigger than that; overpopulation has been the main topic of the world this last few years and this is currently the secret program that the world governments used to reduce that problem,”

“I didn’t even thought this kind of technology is possible,”

“Dude, last two days all I did was just asking dozens and dozens of person about anything here, you could imagine all my reactions with this wacky scheme. Although, it’s undeniable, right? This is an effective way to save some free space in this world,”

“Decreasing overpopulation, yes. But what’s more than that?”

“Like you said, all of us now here is no bigger than dust. Just imagine, one can of coke alone could quench the thirst for a society of 10,000 microns, right? A loaf of bread could feed six big cities. Now, if that is not the most environment friendly benefit, then I don’t know what else,”

Quickly, Sean dives deep into that one statement. A decrease in size meant less food needed to feed one’s mouth… hell, one jerry can of fuel alone could mean decades of fuel for all the transportation in this new little world. What a brilliant idea! Especially with all those gigantic hands outside the dome taking care of things, nothing to worry about for us microns. No wonder the benefits are big, the material needed for those free houses? Sean could only imagine one wooden chopstick alone could be enough to build several houses…

“Damn… you’re not wrong about that… to think a downsizing work is the way out for all the problems in the world…”

“I knew you could understand that. My two days here alone already better than those three years nightmare of having no money for anything,”

“Speaking of money… the agreement states that we have to work, right? How’s that?”

“Glad you asked! We’re on our way there, so… let me explain to you about that,”

***

“Cindy! The shrinking process is done! Carry ‘em!”

“Got it!”

Today’s batch consisted of five peoples, all nowhere to be found on each stretcher after the flash of shrink ray. From the wall, a small panel opened and outcome a vehicle similar to a luggage-towing vehicle from the airport, but without any cargo behind it. The redhead girl drives carefully through the hard surface of the stretcher bed trying to find something on the ground.

“Ah, there you are,”

Stepping down from her vehicle, dressed in tight latex orange suit with green stripe on it covering her torso and crotch, Cindy carefully picked up the shrunken subject from the bed surface, just a size of a Lego brick, large enough to be noticeable by Cindy’s eyes and perfect fit inside Cindy’s grip as the micro person’s head and arms comically sticks out from Cindy’s clenched hand. Looking across the stretcher, the others also doing their job in carrying the applicants to the safety before being inserted into the micro society. As Cindy gently put the tiny guy inside a small container, huge shadow engulfed the stretcher where Cindy parked her car.

“Hi Rose!” Cindy spoke through her headset. Looking up, she could see a short-black haired woman in labcoat looking down at her, thousand times the size of Cindy herself. “Done with maintenance?”

“Yeah, nothing special…”

“Hey, how’s Jenny? Did she adapt well? It’s been three months, right?”

“Jenny’s good, could tell she’s already getting used to work here. Pretty funny girl, though. I like her a lot, a little bit of sassiness added with some awkward spice, kinda cute,”

“Agreed with that. Although, at times I could tell that she’s… you know, erm… noticed how she’s sometimes spending her time just staring at a glass dome?”

“That one… yeah.” Rose just sighed as she sits on the stretcher, careful not to crush Cindy and her car accidentally. Thanks to Cindy’s bright-colored suit, Rose could easily noticed her. “It’s like… well, at least she’s doing her job very well. All the maintenances are done properly, she never miss. But I also knows just by looking at her that she’s… kind of easily turned on by the whole ‘playing giant’ thing,”

“Kay told me the same story. She was once sat on the table in cafeteria with Jenny, and Jenny couldn’t stop patting Kay on her head, at times even prodding her body a little,” Cindy just laughed a little. “Good think Kay’s kinda easy going and… well… kinda weird as well, so… I guess they’re a perfect match?”

“Couldn’t help it… you’re all ‘helper’ being ant-sized to us…” Rose playfully touch Cindy’s car, giving it a shake as Cindy hang on. “Oh, by the way, I’m here to give you some assignment for today,”

“What is it?”

“Well… build a building, it’s on Haven City business district. The spot’s already marked by the microns there, you can’t miss it,”

“Business district? Damn, how am I getting through there? Lots of skyscrapers there, almost no room for me to walk!”

“They’re the one requesting it, so… well, just assume this. It’s their request, they should’ve known the consequences of a ‘helper’ getting through Haven City, right? It won’t be your fault then if anything happen. Besides, do you want ME to take care of this thing? It’ll be ended up with a huge crater in that district than a new building,”

Hearing this, Cindy just laughed. “If that’s how we play it, I’m in!”

“Don’t worry, I know what’s best for us,” Rose just smile in joyful mood. “Just think of it as your stress-relieving time. Hell, you know that Cameron never really cared about this kind of thing, right? As long as there’s reason and cause in it,”

“Okay then! I’ll bring this lil’ fella to the back, and I’ll get back to you here! Wait for me!” Cindy quickly drives back through the open panel on the wall.

***

“So… Sean, what are you good at?”

Sean and Petey are now inside the Central Headhunter Office, where Sean would have his job. Just an ordinary building, nothing fancy about it. Loads of papers stacked everywhere alongside a copying machine. Sean sits in front of the manager across the table while Petey waits on the couch inside the room.

“Um, well… I was… a back-end developer, but still in training,”

“Oh, you’re good at that? You’re lucky, we’ve got a few offices needed that. Don’t you worry, you may need to get through training process first for about maybe two months before you’re assigned to your desired job,”

“May I ask you something?”

“Ask away, Sean,”

“I know about all that ridiculous benefits when we’re registered as this… micro citizen, but where are the money came from? I mean… it costs them to run this whole world, right?”

“Good question, young man. That’s why there’s job here. Notice that all jobs listed here are entirely digital, am I right? Because our clients are the real world out there,”

Real world. It’s just sounds funny to Sean now.

“You see, Cameron, the CEO that runs this whole micro world uses this entire thing as her moneymaker. People work here as web designer, graphic designer, programmer, and many more. Meanwhile, Cameron gathers client from the real world and assigned some of us to work for them. One primary rule though, everything goes through Cameron, nothing goes directly into the clients,”

To use shrunken people as her own moneymaker… genius, pure genius, Sean thought. If all the products are digital, then size doesn’t matter at all. Like Petey said, if it only costs them one loaf of bread to feed the entire nation, then it’s an easy profit for them. Hell, business really is booming.

“Damn, this whole thing… I must admit, a brilliant idea,” Sean deep in thought.

“I know, right? It’s not only for her, we’re here also live happily without ever need to worry about financial problems anymore,”

“Okay, you know what, I take the developer training,”

“Splendid. Welcome to Haven City, Sean,” the manager shook Sean’s hand. But before anyone could celebrate, an earthquake interrupts them. A big one, unlike the previous.

“Wh-what happened?” Sean seems panicked.

“Must be the helpers,”

“Helpers?”

***

“Oh boy…”

It’s been a long time since Cindy entered the glass dome through the side panel. Previously it was just one city with population of few dozens, now in few years they’re already grew into six major cities with population of around 10,000. Walking through the barren desert with small backpack on the back, for microns it would took them maybe two hours of driving to reach Haven City from the edge of the dome, yet for Cindy it only took around five minutes of walking through it. Tall canyons only reaches her belly, forest trees would only tickles her thighs maybe.

Warm, Cindy thought. It’s 01.00 PM and the air already adjusted into an afternoon summer heat while the glass dome projecting clear blue sky with bright sun. Thanks to the technology that they’re developed, it’s easy for them to manipulate wind, weather, temperature, everything. Although Cindy wished someday a snowy weather could be an option…

CRUNCH

Something seems to break under Cindy’s work boots. Looking down, she gasped in surprise that a gas station had just crumbled under her right boot. Thankfully, everyone seems to be outside at the moment as she saw several tinies running away from her gigantic figure.

“Oh no! I’m so sorry about this!” clumsy Cindy could only cover her mouth with her own hand in embarrassment. Even if she knows nobody dares to yell at her due to her size, she still felt guilty whenever accident like this happened. But in the end, she knows she got a job to do for today, and off she goes, continue to walk through the barren desert into the city at the distance, leaving behind the flattened gas station…

***

Rooftop of Central Headhunter Office…

“They’re the ones that basically doing all the construction work of our city. Don’t you find it strange in only five years we’ve already expanded into six cities?” the manager explained.

“Now that you mention it, yeah it’s too fast. One tall building alone would need years to build,”

“Not when you’re more than a hundred feet tall, it’s just like assembling Legos to them, took only a few hours to build one,”

Before Sean could finish his train of thought, shadow envelopes the whole area in front of them and their own rooftops. On the left side, two buildings twice taller than their own stood across each other separated by a road. In the middle of it… something huge emerges.

“Excuse me! Coming through!”

Dressed in tight latex suit with bright orange color while exposing her arms, thighs and asscheeks, the giant helper squeezed through the buildings on either side of her. Both of her ass and boobs squeezed through both buildings, windows struggles to hold the massive weight that pushes on it despite its softness. Tiny onlookers from inside the tall buildings could only look at the giant ass pressed into the windows, even forgetting the risk of those windows would be breached if it actually breaks…

As soon as the giant redhead passed through the tall buildings, the three onlookers on the top of Central Headhunter Office could only witnessed a giant booty larger than any billboard in this city, looming right on top of them.

“Holy…” Petey can’t even describe what he had just witnessed right now.

“You folks better get used to it,” the manager simply head back into the stairs.

“Punch me,” Sean didn’t have words either as he witnessed the giant girl passed by their building. “This whole thing… I can’t even…”

Booming sound echoes throughout the area as Cindy continues her walk into her destination…