- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Getting back into things once again

“...and it’s finally done,”

Cindy and Kay proudly stood near another newly finished building, wiping their sweat as they admired the waist-high structure in front of them ready to be worked on by the smaller construction workers. In the distance, Sean and Petey once again just observing the two giant helpers doing their job from a rooftop. Ever since Petey’s lucky encounter months ago, it kind of becoming their habit in watching them up close. No one even know why, it’s always a fascinating thing to do every now and then when a helper entered their city.

“You think she remembered me?” Petey asked.

“Dude, she’s working on different areas everyday, you’re probably just one in a thousand tinies in her memory,” Sean just being blunt.

“Hey, I’m probably the good-lookin’ ones among them all in her eyes!”

“Yeah, you wish…”

Cindy announces break time for Kay and the other tiny workers, dismissing all from the construction area.

“Don’t break anything, Kay,” Cindy points at her partner.

“I’ll be careful…” Kay just sighed.

On a rooftop, Sean and Petey noticed Kay coming their way.

“Oh boy, she’s comin’!” Petey completely feeling giddy now.

“Calm your pants, she’s trying to take a break,”

As Kay carefully walks through the street right into the building where Sean and Petey were on, her foot hits a bus on the intersection, causing her body to fell forward…

“Oh…” as if the whole thing goes in slow motion, it took several split seconds for Sean and Petey to realize that they’re in danger. Shadow covered the whole rooftop where Sean and Petey stood, they know it’s already too late to run as Kay’s gigantic form gets closer and closer…

BOOM

With her behind sticks out in the air taller than any buildings around, Kay faceplant herself among the ruined part of the building. Tiny people are panicking around her gigantic form trying either to run away or saving any injured fellow among them.

“Kay, NOT AGAIN!” Cindy already lose hope with this one clumsy coworker although her mind never not find it funny witnessing Kay’s disastrous antics.

“Dammit…” Kay slowly got back up. Grey dust and rubbles covered up parts of her face.

“How did you get this job, I had no idea…”


+++


“Ow… that was rough…” Petey slowly regained his consciousness, blurry vision and ringing ears invades his senses. “Did we… passed out? Sean?”

Looking around, walls of orange surrounds Petey on all sides. Strange, these walls felt… soft. Almost cotton-like material. Where is he currently, Petey wondering. There’s also slight tremor on wherever he is now.

“Petey?” Sean finally woke up, feeling bruised all over his body after that massive impact by Kay previously. “Where are we?”

Walls of orange… soft material all around…

Craning their head up, Sean and Petey noticed what looked like a ceiling and it moves. When their hearing also recovers, they could hear some kind of footsteps sound. Then they finally realized…

“When Kay fell down on us back there…” Sean onto something.

“…then we’re…” Petey knows Sean too well.


+++


“Yo, Jenny!”

Kay stood on the edge of the table, waving her hand on much larger Jenny who happened to walk by the desk where Kay at.

“Hey there, need a ride?”

“As usual!”

“Hop on,” Jenny extends her right hand, waiting for Kay to climb up her wide palm.

“What’s your agenda today?” Kay asked as she sits comfortably on Jenny’s smooth palm.

“Well... another room need to be... neutralized today,”

“Huh... that’s kinda fast,”

“Let’s just say... we’re starting to get overpopulated in this facility. Cameron decided it’s time to do some cleanup as applicant rates rising up high recently,”

“How unfortunate... for them, I mean,”


+++


“...what?” Petey tried to process what he heard just then. Connecting the dots, the words, the contexts... overpopulated? Cleanup? Neutralized? These words sound... unethical.

“Petey... did you catch all of that?” looks like Sean reaches the same conclusion in his mind as well.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” Petey’s usual ditzy face disappeared, replaced with the horrified, eyes a bit wider than usual, clearly some disturbing thoughts have invaded his mind.

“Remember how Room 02 seemingly... disconnected? Does that mean.-WHOA!!”

A sudden change in gravity and Kay’s pocket position sends them rolling around uncontrollably, bouncing like pinball into the orange cotton walls around them until they’re rolled out from Kay’s pocket and... into another white cotton-like surface and thousand times much more roomy than Kay’s pocket to the point the two tinies could notice each individual strings that made up this whole white cotton surface. Looking around, they saw something unbelievable...

There's Kay’s building-sized body, folded roughly as she tried to readjust herself inside this tight space, similar to how Sean and Petey struggles inside her pocket earlier.

“Don’t tell me... is this a caretaker’s pocket?” Sean walks a few distance to avoid being squished inadvertently while Kay readjust her position, still oblivious to the two microns near her.

“WHAT!?” Petey just realized it. “Dude, how far we’re now from our home then!?”

“I don’t even know...”


+++


“Oh, you two already here,”

In front of ROOM 04, Erica and Rose turns their attention on Jenny who had just arrived.

“About time,” Rose sighed a little.

“Hey come on, there was an extra maintenance work, don’t blame me!” Jenny won’t let it slide.

“Yeah, yeah… you ready?”

“Heck yeah, I won’t miss this!”

“Look at you, addicted to this whole power thing…” Rose won’t stop teasing her. “But I could probably say the same to our latest addition here,”

“Th-that was an accident!” the shorter Erica turns red.

“Aw come on, don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy it,” Jenny pours the fuel to the fire as she put her right hand on Erica’s head. No retort though, looks like they got her pretty quick. “You feel it, right? That sensation of being the biggest, the most powerful being among those tinies where nobody can’t stop you doing whatever you want to them and their puny cities…”

“Stop it!” Erica’s face grew redder as she pushed Jenny away. Still, she didn’t deny it in her own mind that there’s a tingling sensation inside her when everyone explained it to her what actually happened when Erica unknowingly wiped out almost the entire population of Room 02…

“Well, shall we enjoy this evening, ladies?” Rose removes her lab coat, letting it fall into the floor. “Let’s show Room 04 what we three capable of…”