- Text Size +

After a long pause, Carter listened closely and heard the music coming from upstairs continue. Frowning slightly, he rang the doorbell again and listened.

A few seconds later, he heard movement in the house, and the sound of someone quickly bounding down the stairs.

Taking a moment to check himself, he quickly fixes his somewhat disheveled hair and shirt, ruffled in the walk through the sun heated neighborhood.

After a few moments staring at himself in the reflective surface of the front door's glass embellishments, he hears a shuffling on the other side followed by a girl's voice saying "One minute!" after which the door was quickly thrown open.

As the door moved aside it revealed a short, pale skinned, early 20’s year old girl, by Carter's estimations. She was sporting brightly colored short cut hair, and an assortment of piercings in her nose and lips. She stood somewhat annoyed looking, holding the door with one hand, while her other hand rested on her hip grasping the tight shorts she was wearing.

The girl leaned the upper half of her tank top covered body out of the entryway, looking him over briefly before asking "What do you want?" somewhat rudely.

Stomaching the small bit of defiance the girl was showing, he thought it better to act professional, rather than letting it get to him after all he'd seen throughout the day.

"I'm Randolph Carter, a private detective, I'm here to ask a few questions to the residents of the area about a recent increase in suspicious sightings and disappearances in the area, are your parents around by any chance? Or if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions, Miss...?"

He decides to start with a simple proper introduction and the typical approach, outstretching his hand alongside his textbook speech.

Readjusting her stance and wiping a bit of sweat off her brow the girl paused to bend over and straighten out her knee-sock that seemed to be ruffled, clinging to her leg.

"It's Miss Storm, Aurora Storm- Ahh, well... I-I don't know... look my parents aren't home, but if you want to ask me questions, or come in and look around or whatever, there's really nothing here and I want to finish up my work-out routine, so just go ahead and come inside."

She said standing back up and gesturing towards the inside of the house as she straightens her tank top and quickly throws her short bangs aside.

"You... Don't mind if I come in and take a quick look around, perhaps asked you a few questions then?" Carter asks as she quickly began to walk away and head back upstairs through the main room of the house.

"No, it's alright, just let me finish up really quick and I'll be right with you, feel free to look around or whatever it is you have to do!"

She said waving her hand dismissively at him as she begins to swiftly head up the stairs towards the source of the loud music, leaving him standing in the entryway to the house.

Shrugging to himself, he walks in and begins to look around casually. At first glance the place seemed ordinary enough, well-kept even.

The living room was nicely furnished with expensive furniture and the walls and floors were lined with various rugs, decorations, even some tapestries that seemed older than the building itself. It was clear the parents had money, and even possibly some connections to intercontinental markets.

One of them seemed to have an interest in various cultural artifacts, as hunting horns, other small statuettes and trinkets lined the shelves and the mantle alongside decorative photos of the daughters and what he assumed must be the parents themselves, a healthy-looking middle-aged couple.

Continuing around the bottom floor trying not to displace anything too heavily he checked the kitchen, which seemed clean and well stocked with typical suburban food, snacks, and dishware.

More of the strangely authentic cultural artifacts dotted the windowsill and shelves throughout the dining room, and across the kitchen counters.

But other than that, nothing seemed too out of the ordinary. Checking the den revealed similar results, bookshelves stocked with well-read literature.

As he had surmised a large percent of archeological and theological textbooks, as well as some more of the antique furniture and items on display or out for use around the room. As well as a well-stocked minibar.

The bathroom and door leading towards the backyard and built in pool area offered little for details as well, still giving off the air of typical suburban living more than any sort of clues.

Looking around he decided to head upstairs, hoping not to disturb the young girl and to perhaps get a look around the area before she was around interacting actively with him.

Taking his time to climb the stairs without making too much noise he listened and found he could hear movement in the room down at the end of the second-floor hallway.

The door was slightly ajar, and the music seemed to be coming from that room as well, along with the creaking of some sort of mechanism and occasional groans from the girl herself.

Looking up and down the hallway you saw there were at least 4 other doors up here, most of the bedrooms and such seeming to be on the upper floor in this home’s layout.

Choosing to walk forward to the nearest door from the staircase and ignoring the loud sounds coming from the door on the end of the hallway to his left, he cautiously opened it to reveal what appeared to be a somewhat unused bedroom of an adult female.

Some discarded clothing laid on the floor around a hamper, and various posters dotted the walls near the colorful bed set. There was a shelving unit which seemed to mostly hold various academic awards and some small trophies alongside pictures of other youths from the area and pictures of the apparent older sister herself.

Checking the desk quickly he found it mostly to be full of stationary supplies and housing a rather aged computer, along with having quite a bit of empty space where he assumed a laptop would normally be set up.

Taking a moment to appreciate the collection of small toys and plushies lining the shelf as a sort of cute flare to the overall studious room, Carter reflected for a moment. Realizing from the items and appliances present, that the older sister must be about the same age as himself.

Deciding it seemed fairly normal he walked back out into the hallway, closing the door behind him.


Walking to the far-right end of the hallway he opened the door to the master bedroom, quickly passing by the family portraits on the walls.

This bedroom seemed to still be made, not used in quite some time. It also seemed to have the largest gathering of the strange artifacts that dotted the décor of the rest of the home.

The parents must be involved in a cultural research-oriented profession, or else just may be travel enthusiasts, he thought to himself as he briefly combed over the room.

Besides holding a few more erotic pieces of art and items than he had assumed he would find, it seemed rather mundane with a bit of an eccentric flare.

Laughing it off as simply a healthy couple's bedroom he closed the door behind him and looked back down the hall.

The music was still going in the other room alongside the repetitive sounds of the college girl's work out, so he decided to try what he assumed to be the last bedroom on the floor.