- Text Size +

Beth was in a foul mood. Every place that she had visited, every person that she had called, all told her the same thing. If she was married, or had a man living with her, she was required to rent an apartment, or buy a house with accommodations set up for men. She thought about just lying to the people, but realized that Elizabeth would make sure that wherever they moved, the landlords would know that she was married. She felt like her options were extremely limited, so in spite of her anger, called a number that she found in a realtor guide.


An elderly lady answered. Beth introduced herself and explained that she was new in town, and was looking to rent an apartment. The lady asked her if she was married, or would be living with a man, and Beth said yes. The landlady said that she owned a duplex, and was renting out the other half. It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, one of which was for the man, and various adaptive setups throughout the apartment to make it easier for him to live. 


Beth could feel her blood boil as the lady continued. She said that she had a strict policy against violence towards men, which was in line with the town standards. Beth told her that she understood, and said that there would never be any issues. She then asked the landlady if she could come and check out the apartment, to which the elderly lady said that it would not be a problem. So Beth, Maggie and Sarah were out the door again, but only around the corner from Elizabeth’s place.


Once Gil and Elizabeth broke off their kiss, an awkward silence developed between them. They weren't sure what exactly happened, or why, but on some deep level, they both quietly enjoyed it. However, Gil kept thinking of his wedding vows, and Beth and his girls. And although his kiss with Elizabeth had taken his mind off of his situation with his wife, he was still a married man with a family. He would not break his vows, no matter how poorly Beth treated him. He still loved her, and hoped to get her to see how badly her behavior had been.


Elizabeth couldn't get the kiss out of her mind. She was always taught to never interfere in someone's marriage or relationship, and for that she felt remorse. But the kiss with Gil was different. She should have felt embarrassment with her actions, but didn't. In fact, she was shocked that kissing Gil seemed like the most natural thing in the world. She couldn't understand why. But it was definitely real. She just hoped that Gil would forgive her for doing what she did.


Beth and the twins left the apartment and basically went around the corner. The duplex was a faded white color, but otherwise looked like a home. Beth knocked on the door to the right. An elderly woman answered, and once she introduced herself to her perspective landlady, the older woman smiled and did the same. She opened the door to a fully furnished half a house. 


Beth wanted to burst out laughing when she saw the little man furniture placed around the rooms, especially the bathroom. An adorable little toilet for her “big, brave” husband. It reminded her of those little houses that could be set up in the backyard for little girls to play in. Otherwise, the apartment was what she needed. Once the rent had been agreed to, Beth signed the lease. The elderly lady tried to explain all the added language contained within, but the younger woman wasn’t really interested. She just wanted to be out of Elizabeth’s place, and away from her prying eyes. So she signed the papers, and would move in once Gil’s income could pay for the security deposit. So it was a few more days at Elizabeth’s apartment. She convinced herself that she could deal with that, as long as it wasn’t any longer. Beth thanked her new landlord, and she and the girls went back to where they were staying.


Gil had noticed the awkwardness that suddenly developed between him and Elizabeth, and knew why. The kiss. He knew the gentle giantess had been overwhelmed by some feeling, and was now ashamed of her actions. He felt the same way. But he was just surprised by how gentle and sweet her kiss had been, considering her immense size. But he had a job to do, and so buried himself in his work.


As the afternoon went on, an energized Gil made tremendous progress on the files. There were only three boxes left. Elizabeth had been impressed with his work ethic. She was doubly impressed by how quickly he made his way through the boxes. But she also realized that once that task was done, either she would have to find work for him in the office, or he wouldn’t be needed and then be stuck with Beth during the day. She had an idea, but she wanted to talk to the other ladies to get their opinions. 


Soon, it was time to close up the office. Elizabeth and Gil walked back to the apartment. The conversation centered on how much progress he had made going through the destruction boxes, and eventually turned towards how he felt about doing other things around the office, like helping the other women organize their work, and making sure that files were correctly marked and organized and put away. Gil said that he would have no issue doing any task assigned to him, and only wanted to feel useful. 


Elizabeth smiled at his response. She had talked to the other ladies to get their feedback on her idea. They were all very receptive to the notion of having Gil help them, as it would free them up for other things. She decided that she would ask him in the morning if he wanted to work full time in the office, doing the very things that she suggested. Deep down, she knew what he would say, but she just wanted to ask him first.


Elizabeth and Gil walked through the door of her apartment and saw Beth waiting for them. They could tell by the look on her face that she had something to tell them. Both knew that she had probably found a place to live, and couldn't wait to tell them all about it. 


And sure enough, Beth said that she had found an apartment, and that they would be moving in the next day, as soon as Gil got paid. Elizabeth's heart sank a little. She knew that the time would come when her house guests would move out, but she wasn't going to miss the other giantess in the room. She would miss having Maggie and Sarah around, because she really enjoyed when they had questions, and felt like a big sister to them, especially when she gave them advice. But she would miss Gil's presence in the apartment. She really looked forward to just spending a little time alone with him, where they would talk about life, family, jobs. It didn't matter to her. It was the fact that she had someone to talk to. 


Elizabeth asked Beth were the apartment was, and Gil’s wife explained that it was around the corner. Elizabeth mentioned a name, and Beth confirmed the landlady’s name. That put a smile on Elizabeth's face. Gil’s new landlord had babysat her when she was a young child, and instantly knew that Gil would be in great hands. She wouldn't tolerate any of Beth's crap towards Gil. 


Elizabeth decided to cook a baked chicken dinner, as a last meal that they would all enjoy together. Maggie and Sarah helped, and Beth surprised everyone with a bottle of wine, as she herself wanted to celebrate getting away from Elizabeth. 


The meal was very delicious. Maggie and Sarah proved to be quick learners of how to prepare a meal. Gil sat at his little man table, but was very involved in the conversation, as Elizabeth wouldn't let Beth ignore him, which he greatly appreciated. And when it was time to clean up, Gil and the twins handled the dishes, while the two ladies talked over the bottle of wine. 


When Beth was starting to feel a buzz from the wine, she decided to be as direct as possible with Elizabeth. She asked her hostess why she hated her so much? Elizabeth replied that she didn't hate her, she just hated the way she treated Gil. Beth asked why that was a concern of hers? Elizabeth told her that since he had appeared on her world, he had been nothing but kind, considerate, funny, always willing to lend a hand or offer great advice, and yet since Beth showed up, she had treated him as less than a human being, constantly lording her size and strength over him. And when Gil would talk about her and the girls, he made her out to be some sort of queen. Except that since she has been there, she has been nothing but a bitch towards him, or worse.


Beth asked her why that concerned her, to which Elizabeth told her again that the men on her world were equal partners with women. They made decisions equally regarding where to live and how to raise a family. And women were very careful not to hurt their men due to their size difference. And since Beth had shown up, she had acted like men were the most interior beings on the planet.


Beth responded to pointing out that men were physically inferior. On her home world, they would be no bigger than 3 year olds, and should be treated as such, because without a woman around, they were both completely helpless, and completely useless. They couldn't do anything for themselves unless the house was adapted for them, and they could never satisfy a woman unless they had the strap on, and even then, Gil didn't know how to use it. And that the women of the planet should wake up and realize their true power and position, and that they didn't need men around for any sort of moral support.


Elizabeth replied that it wasn't about moral support, it was about finding your soul mate. There was so much more than physical size with respect to a relationship. It was built on trust and understanding, and knowing that whatever choices were made, they were made together, so that both the man and women shared equally in success and failure. If it was up to Beth, women would be alone in life, lording her supposed superiority over men, but with an emptiness inside. 


By then, Gil and the twins were finished cleaning up. Beth looked at Elizabeth, and trying to prove her superiority over Gil, told him it was time for him to go to bed. He just looked at his wife, and she repeated her order, this time with more sternness in her voice. Gil said that he wasn't going to bed, which only made his wife angry. She told Maggie to put her father to bed, only for Elizabeth to intervene and say that Gil was a grown adult who could make his own decisions. 


Beth told her that he was HER Husband, and she wanted him to go to bed. Elizabeth said that if Gil didn't want to go, he wasn't going, telling his wife that this was her house, her rules. Gil stays up if he so chooses. This only made the drunk Beth angrier. Elizabeth also reminded her that she would know if Gil was being mistreated, and if he was, the full force of the law would come down like a load of bricks. 


This made Beth stew in silence, so she went into the bedroom and locked the door in anger. Elizabeth turned to a stunned Maggie and Sarah and told them to make sure that nothing happens to their father after they move. She asked the girls if they understood, and the girls said yes. Elizabeth stressed that it was very important that nothing happen to their father, and both girls promised her that he would be safe. 


Elizabeth felt like kicking Beth out right then and there, but she had calmed down long enough to just let the woman be alone. She felt a tinge of sadness, knowing that after Gil gets done work the following day, he will be out of her apartment. But more importantly, out of her protection. She poured herself more wine, and took a seat in the living room with Gil and the girls doing the same. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.