- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Been a little while but here's the newst chapter.  Hope you enjoy!

--

 Amy let out a huge sigh in relief.  Finally, after months of issues with shrunken nursing staff being in every form of danger, Amy had assisted in figuring out a solution.  After many meetings with the research and development department, Amy had assisted in brainstorming the latest in shrunken medical submarine defense technology.  

 

The idea that she had pitched, and one that the tech team had managed to put into development, allowed a miniaturized submarine to fire a sort of defensive beam when facing total catastrophic dangers. 

 

This was not just some energy beam out of a standard science fiction movie.  Rather this actually used the pre-existing technology in the shrinking submarines and just redirected it.  The beam fired from the front of the sub channeled the energy that allowed the subs to shrink, causing whatever was posing a danger to the operator to shrink to a proportional size.  

 

Amy was ecstatic that the subs were finally getting some sort of defense.  It would require some testing and not all the subs would be equipped with it, but at least it was a start.  

 

There was one major drawback Amy encountered while testing the new equipment.  After one of the technicians had Amy shrink the submarine down to a couple millimeters long while she was inside of it, Amy was placed inside a Petri dish.  As a test, a large earthworm was also placed into the dish.  Amy knew it was harmless, but the massive, wriggling organism still freaked her out and sent chills down her spine.  

 

As the giant worm slowly inched towards her, Amy did what she was assigned to do and activated the beam.  In seconds, the worm seemed to disappear right in front of her, now the same proportional size a worm would be compared to Amy.  However, Amy immediately realized that the defense beam rerouted the submarine's power.  Amy sighed, realizing it had drained the power to the sub.  She grabbed her phone to text the technician she’d be small for a while.

 

After several more texts throughout the coming weeks, Amy was more and more confident using the defensive beam.  She still would operate the only sub fitted with one, just in case the device either malfunctioned or the sub was stuck small for too long.  She did appreciate that she sub recharged eventually on its own, it just took a while.  It wouldn’t be long before she was operating these with patients.  

 

 

It had been several weeks since Amy’s sub was equipped with the defensive beams.  In between her meetings with the R&D department and her training of new nurses, she had managed to take the sub out for test runs with several patients.  She really hadn’t had the chance to shrink anything using the beam though.  

 

While Amy was sitting in her new office typing a report, she heard an irritating voice call out to her.  “Hi Amy, I need you to check out a patient with your little ship on the third floor.”  

 

The voice belonged to Dr. Felicia Prescott.  A tall brunette in her late thirties, Felicia Prescott had a bad reputation with most of the hospital staff.  She had a very dismissive and flippant attitude toward the nurses, and even rubbed some of her fellow doctors the wrong way.  

 

“Hi Dr. Prescott,” Amy said, trying to mask the annoyed tones in her voice.  “What’s wrong with the patient?” 

 

“She’s got some weird rash right above her tailbone, I think it might be ringworm,” the doctor said, not even looking up from her phone. 

 

Amy paused waiting for the doctor to say more.  “Okay, why do you need me to use one of the subs?” 

 

Dr. Prescott could not have paid less attention to Amy’s question.  “Just thought you could use more practice,” she said, immediately irritating Amy.  “Besides, the patient is cooperative.”

 

Amy sighed.  “Alright, let me tell Marge and let her know….”

 

“Don’t worry about it,” Felicia interrupted.  “I already talked with her, she said you can do it.”

 

This surprised Amy and immediately made her suspicious.  She didn’t like people going behind her back or over her head.  Doctors like Felicia annoyed her.  They didn’t seem to realize Amy worked for the hospital, not them specifically. 

 

“You can just shrink down here,” and I’ll bring you up, Felicia said with a smile.  

 

More red flags were sent off in Amy’s mind.  This definitely seemed weird.  “Alright, I’ll text Marge and let her know I’m going,” she said, pulling out her phone and firing off a quick text.  She wanted to make sure that Felicia knew her boss would know about Amy’s whereabouts.  

 

After walking into an empty room, Amy re-grew her sub on the floor before climbing in.  “Crap, forgot to ask,” she muttered to herself alone inside the sub.  It dawned on her that she never asked Dr. Prescott how small she needed her.  “Screw it, if she doesn’t like it then too bad,” she muttered.  Adjusting a few dials, Amy and the sub soon rapidly dwindled down towards the floor.  

 

Before Amy could fully get her bearings. The ground began to shake all around her.  Soon a giant blue athletic shoe slammed down in front of her, knocking her on her ass in the cockpit.  “God dammit, be careful!” she screamed, while also cursing herself for shrinking before she could put a seatbelt on.  

 

The giant hand of Dr. Felicia Prescott descended down, plucking up the five millimeter submarine as if it was nothing.  “YOU ALRIGHT IN THERE?” she asked with a sarcastic tone in her voice.  Knowing she wouldn’t get a response, she stuck the submarine in her lab coat pocket and headed over to the elevator.  

 

With nothing to do but wait, Amy could just sit around the cockpit as Felicia made her way to the patient’s room.  A giant hand soon entered the pocket and pulled out the five-millimeter sub.  

 

Temporarily blinded by the light, Amy’s vision returned and she soon found herself staring through the windshield at a massive middle-aged blonde woman wearing glasses. 

 

“Holy shit,” she muttered, before laughing to herself.  She had seen giant people regularly for a long time now, but she still got startled when being exposed to them. 

 

“Alright this is Sarah Alders,” Dr. Prescott’s booming voice rang out through the sub, even though she was not shouting.  “She came in for a checkup and I noticed some irritation on her backside above her tailbone.  I want you to take a closer look at it.”

 

Amy watched as the giant blonde woman started to blush.  Without needing to be told, Sarah adjusted herself and turned over.  The hospital gown she was wearing was open in the back, revealing her huge, white asscheeks to the world.  

 

Lowering her hand, Dr. Prescott placed the tiny vehicle atop Sarah’s right ass cheek.  “Alright Sarah, try not to move around very much, we don’t want Amy ending up inside your butt,” she said, drawing laughs from both herself and Sarah. 

 

“Oh yeah, you’re hilarious,” Amy sighed from inside the submarine.  

 

“Amy I’ll be back in a little bit,” Felicia said as she started to walk out of the room.  She briefly stopped and looked back at the patient.  “And Ms. Alders ill let the receptionist know to direct your daughter up here.”

 

“Thank you,” Sarah called out as the doctor walked out of the room.  She put her head back down and smiled, trying not to laugh or flinch at the slightly ticklish sensation as the tiny submarine drove along her bare skin.  

 

“This is so stupid,” Amy breathed in annoyance.  “Why couldn’t she put me closer to the problem area?”  There was nothing she could do about it at the moment, and she continued her drive towards the reddish afflicted area in the distance

 

 

Brittney Alders was regretting not paying more attention when she was on the phone with her mom.  Her mom, Sarah, had told her what floor to check in on but Brittney’s mind has been elsewhere.  It didn’t help that she had left her phone at home before driving to the hospital.  “Shit, I think she said second floor,” she said out loud.  

 

As the twenty-year old blonde wandered the second floor, she couldn’t help but be creeped out. It was pretty empty, and she hadn’t seen any other patients walking around.  She figured this must have been an admin wing or something.  ‘Better ask for directions’, she thought to herself.  

 

She walked up to a door with an EMPLOYEES ONLY sign on it and knocked a few times.  She then pushed the door open before uttering “Hello?”

 

 

It was important for Andrew to perfect this type of technology.  The former engineering student was one of the head techs at the hospital responsible for working on the shrinking submarines.  He had decided to come in on a Saturday knowing the hospital would be much quieter, his bosses would not be there, and he’d be able to get a lot done.  He was obsessed with his current project of perfecting the defensive beams on the subs, if for no other reason than to impress Amy Lin.  

 

Andrew had been working closely with Amy for the past few weeks and thought she was both a beautiful and intelligent young woman.  He knew she’d be working today, so he figured he’d make time to show her any improvements he could make on the sub.  

 

While he was working, Andrew ran into a buddy of his, a security guard in his mid thirties named Gary as he was patrolling the mostly quiet floor of the hospital.  

 

As the two made small talk about their respective days, Gary’s curiosity about the submarine had gotten the better of him.  Sure, he’d worked in the hospital for over a year now, but working public safety he’d never had the chance to shrink down.  Until Andrew offered him an opportunity.  

 

Andrew wanted to test out the defensive beam on an actual person.  He pitched Gary his plan of him shrinking down in the sun, Gary stepping right next to it, and him firing at Gary.  It seemed like a foolproof plan, as no one besides them should be on the floor of the hospital today.  

 

Despite his hesitation and a little voice in the back of his head warning him not to, Gary agreed to the test.  Closing the door to the room with an EMPLOYEES ONLY sign on the door, he shook his head seeing the room was full of spare parts and machinery, with a full size sub in the middle of the room. 

 

Watching his buddy enter the sun, he saw Andrew give him a thumbs up through the windshield, before the submarine reduced in size.  “Holy shit,” Gary whispered.  He knew the sub would get smaller, but not THAT much smaller.  He assumed it would look like a toy or something, now he had to look closely just to spot the tiny vehicle on the floor.  

 

A text popped up on his phone from Andrew, signaling he was ready to approach.  “OKAY HERE I COME,” he called out, his large, black steel-toes boots slamming into the ground, sending vibrations all across the floor.  

 

With his heart racing, Andrew decided to wait till the very last second to fire the defensive beam.  It was a direct hit, striking Gary in the right boot.  Gary rapidly started to dwindle down in size until he was proportional with the tiny submarine, approximately two millimeters tall.

 

Knowing the now shrunken security guard would be confused and disoriented, Andrew hopped out of the tiny submarine and rushed over to him.  He saw Gary on his hands and knees with his eyes closed.  “Hey, you alright man?” he asked nervously.  

 

Gary gave him a thumbs up.  “Yeah, just a little dizzy,” he said, seeing Andrew offering him a hand to pull him up to his feet.  Gary was completely in awe.  He was standing in the middle of a room that might as well have been a city to him.  

 

“Holy crap, how small are we?” 

 

“Two millimeters,” Andrew laughed. He smiled, always enjoying seeing someone experience being shrunken for the first time.  He made sure to alert Gary that they’d be stuck small for a while after shrinking while they sub re-charged.  

 

Transfixed by the world at this tiny size, Gary started to wander away from the sub.  Andrew called out to him twice, but thought nothing of it.  He wasn’t going far and there weren’t really any dangers in the room.  Then he heard a pounding on the door.

 

“HELLO?  ANYONE HERE?” an echoing yet still feminine voice called out.  The door slowly started to open. 

 

Andrew froze in shock, seeing what could only be described as a titaness standing in the doorway.  “Who the fuck is that?” the shrunken engineer whimpered.  

 

In the doorway stepping in was a young, blonde woman taller than a skyscraper.  To Andrew she looked like she was about twenty years old, wearing a black camisole top, low cut blue jeans, and a pair of flip flops.  The giant woman started looking around in confusion, before taking more steps, entering the room.  

 

“What the hell?” Brittney muttered.  She had no idea why the employee's only sign was on the door, it just looked like a bunch of random mechanical junk was laying around in this room.  

 

There were various pieces of machinery with blinking lights which Brittney glanced at, paying very little attention to where she was walking.  As she was pivoting, getting dangerously close to the two shrunken men on the floor, she suddenly felt something stick under her flip flop.  

 

Lifting her leg, Brittney frowned seeing a wad of white, mint gum stuck to the base of the flip flop.  “Are you kidding me,” she whispered, and slid her foot out of the shoe.  

 

The giant woman turned and started walking in the other direction, towards the sink in the corner of the room.  She had no idea of the jeopardy she was now putting the room’s two tiny occupants in.  

 

“Gary watch out!” screamed Andrew as loudly as his little lungs could muster.  He watched as his buddy tried to run out of the giant woman’s path, but to no avail.  Gary’s tiny body was replaced by a giant wall of flesh.  

 

Andrew could just stand there with his jaw agape and eyes bulging out of his head, seeing the giant foot obliterate the body of the security guard.  

 

Taking another step forward, Brittney paused.  She felt something under her foot and froze.  “CRAP, THAT BETTER NOT BE MORE GUM,” she mumbled.  Lifting her foot, a scowl formed on her face.  “GROSS,” she spat, not planning on bugs being in this room. 

 

Just as she planted her giant barefoot back on the ground, her eyes spotted movement.  It appeared there was another tiny insect scurrying across the floor.  

 

Andrew’s heart pounded in his chest.  He desperately started to sprint back towards the submarine, knowing that even with its low power it would still offer him some sort of protection.  

 

He wouldn’t get far though. The ground shook behind him as Brittneys colossal foot slammed into the ground.  Knocked off his feet, Andrew’s momentum caused him to roll a few millimeters, ending up on his back.  He looked up and saw Brittneys body towering above him, hands on her hips.  She lifted her foot high into the air above the tiny, cowering engineer.  Several miniscule pieces of dirt and drops of sweat fell, landing in the area around him.  

 

Andrew let out one last scream before a mountain of flesh pressed down on his body, grinding him into a paste.  “God that’s gross, better wash up,” Brittney said to herself.  

 

“Hey, what’re you doing,” a voice called out behind her, causing Brittney to jump up in fright.  

 

“Oh I…I was….” Brittney stuttered, looking embarrassed while holding one flip flop in her hands.  She was staring right at a confused security guard holding a large flashlight.  

 

“Employees only,” he said, pointing to the sign.  

 

“Right, sorry. I got lost,” she said, looking embarrassed.  “Do you know where Dr. Prescott’s patients are?”  

 

The security guard gave an indifferent shrug, clearly not caring very much.  He simply pointed to a directory list at the end of the hallway and told Brittney to check that.  

 

The young woman slid her flip flop back on, though slightly annoyed the gum was still causing it to stick, as she made her way down the hall with the security guard keeping an eye on her.

 

 

“I don’t think it’s ringworm, looks more like an allergic reaction or sensitive skin,” Amy typed out in a message to Dr. Prescott.  “She might just need a new laundry detergent or something.”  

 

Amy had made the risky decision to step out of the submarine onto the giant woman’s tailbone, directly above her giant asscheeks.  She didn’t stay long, just enough to get a look at the irritated area.  She soon retreated back to the safety of the sub and waited for Dr. Prescott to return.  

 

Felicia Prescott returned to the room shortly after receiving Amy’s message.  She told Sarah what Amy had found out and told her she’d be back in a few minutes with a prescription.  

 

“Hey wait, what about me?!” Amy shouted watching the giant doctor walk out of the room.  She didn’t need the doctor to carry her back to normal size, but it would make life a lot easier.  There wasn’t enough space in the patient’s room to grow back, so she’d have to travel down the hall and find an empty room to do so.  

 

Deciding it would be easiest to traverse back the way she came, Amy began to pilot the sub back up Sarah’s right ass cheek.  It could save more of the subs power if she could get airborne from a launching point, instead of taking off directly from the ground.  

 

While Sarah continued to lay on her stomach waiting for the doctor to return, she heard a familiar voice in the doorway of the room.  “Hi mom, I found you!”  

 

“About time,” Sarah said with a smile, seeing her daughter standing there in the doorway.  “What took you so long?”

 

Brittney shrugged, embarrassed to tell her mother that she got lost because she wasn’t paying attention.  “Well I left my phone at home, there was traffic and stuff,” she said, telling a partial lie before motioning to her mom's exposed butt through the hospital gown.  

 

“I thought I had a rash or something, just some bad skin irritation,” Sarah said, shaking her butt a few times with a smile while still laying on her stomach.  “The doctor should be back soon though, then I’ll be ready to go.”

 

What Sarah failed to realize was that when she briefly shook her butt, Amy and the tiny submarine were atop her ass cheek, preparing to take flight.  As the giant woman moved, Amy’s sub was thrown from her body into the air, which started descending down towards the floor.  

 

“Shit!  Shit!  Shit!” Amy shouted, frantically trying to regain control of the sun and pull out of this nose dive.  She saw the floor approaching quickly, when she finally felt the sub cooperating.  At the last second, Amy managed to right the sub, which skidded along the floor before coming to a rest.  

 

Amy held the controls with a death grip, her heart pounding in her chest as she tried to catch her breath.  

 

Suddenly the ground shook in front of her.  Before her, stepped the absolutely massive body of Brittney, her right foot shaking the ground beneath her.  

 

Not moving a muscle, Amy sat there in awe as the giant woman stood before her.  For some reason, she was only wearing one of her flip flops, holding the other in her hand.  

 

“Let me see what’s taking so long,” Brittney mumbled, and turned back to the doorway to look for the doctor.  Sarah smiled, and turned her back towards the door to stretch a bit. 

 

Poking her head out in the hallway, Brittney could hear several nurses and doctors in a patient’s room across the hall.  Something was going on there that sounded important.  “Eh, they’ll be back soon,” she muttered to herself. 

 

The young woman took a step back into the room, her giant feet quickly closing in on Amy’s tiny sub on the floor.  The sub was reacting slowly, mainly because of the emergency landing stunt Amy had just pulled.  

 

She saw the giant pair of feet approaching, when Brittney arched her foot slightly in the air.  This allowed Amy to see the underside of her bare foot, much to her horror. 

 

Amy had no idea how but there was at least one red spot smeared on the bottom of Brittney’s foot.  This was all Amy needed to see to identify what it was.  Not all of the remains were ground into a red pulp, there was still enough intact to be identified as a pulverized human body.  

 

Not thinking clearly, Amy started to shout inside the sub.  Her mind was racing as she tried to decide what to do.  Then Brittney flinched slightly, her bare foot coming closer to Amy.  

 

Feeling like she was out of options, Amy decided to take the drastic measure and activate the defensive beam.  It only took a second, but the five millimeter sub rerouted its power and fired at Brittney.  

 

Sarah turned back towards the door hearing a quiet thud on the floor.  “Brit?” she said alou, seeing only one flip flop now laying on the floor.  The flip flop Brittney was holding.  

 

Down on the ground, Brittney was trying to process what happened.  Her whole world had started spinning and before she knew it, she was now smaller than a bug on the cold, tile floor of her mom’s hospital room.  

 

She barely had time to react as a shadow started to overtake her.  She looked up and began screaming hysterically seeing the immense flip flop plummeting down towards her.  She had lost her grip on it when she shrunk and now it was about to end her life!

 

The tiny woman screamed and raw, the flip flop landing just behind her.  As Brittney sat on the solid floor, she stared at the giant shoe in disbelief.  “What?  What the fuck happened to me?” she mumbled.  She had heard about shrinking technology being used in medicine from the news but never really paid any attention to it.  Whatever it was, it must’ve been very real.  

 

“Crap,” Amy muttered, realizing what her sense of panic had done.  Now she had to deal with a tiny guest in the hospital, along with having hardly any power left in the submarine.  She was cursing herself for losing her nerve, she knew she was trained better than that.  

 

She was now beginning to question herself.  What if she hadn’t actually seen what she thought she had?  Maybe the young blonde had stepped on a bug or something else.  “Shit, better go get her,” Amy whispered.  The sub barely had any power left in it, and all Amy could manage was a pathetically slow crawl along the floor of the hospital room.  

 

Overwhelmed by her current circumstances, Brittney slowly approached the giant flip flop.  It was laying face up, but the foul odor was still distinct enough for her to smell.  “Guess my feet do smell pretty bad,” she laughed, trying but failing to calm her own nerves. 

 

*THWACK!*

 

The ground shook behind Brittney.  The tiny woman turn, jaw dropping as she stared at the goddess that was her mother now standing up out of the bed.  

 

“BRITT?  WHERE'D YOU GO?” the titaness asked out loud.  She looked away for less than a minute and now her daughter was gone.  She walked towards the door, unaware that each step brought her dangerously closer to her miniscule daughter.  

 

Brittney whimpered and cowered behind the flip flop.  She could only watch in awe as her giant mother stomped past her, each one of those massive feet tipped with blue toenails seemingly shaking the earth.  

 

Poking her head out of the door, Sarah saw Dr. Prescott walking back down the hallway.  “I’ll be with you in a few minutes for your prescription ma’am.  We had an emergency we had to deal with.”

 

“No rush, have you seen my daughter anywhere?” she asked, growing slightly concerned.  It appeared Dr. Prescott was too busy to answer Sarah, as the woman took off speed walking down the hallway, the same direction she came.  “Whatever, she’s a big girl,” Sarah laughed to herself.  

 

Turning back, she started to approach the flip flop on the floor of the room.  As she picked it up, she noticed the chewing gum stuck to the bottom of it.  “Well that’s why she wasn’t wearing it,” she mumbled.  “But where….”

 

Sarah’s eyes detected movement.  She glanced down, and saw what appeared to be an ant on the floor of her hospital room.  

 

“Mom it’s me!  Help me!” Brittney screamed, barely able to muster any volume in her cracking voice.  “I…..I shrunk!  Please!” 

 

Sarah just exhaled.  She was already irritated this was taking so goddamn long, then her daughter disappeared, now there were ants in her hospital room.  “Well, what can you do,” she muttered, and started to lift her size eight foot into the air. 

 

“Mom, no!” Brittney shouted, falling backwards in shock.  She kicked off her remaining flip flop and struggled to her feet, starting to sprint in the other direction.  

 

“Oh, it’s trying to run,” Sarah teased, seeing the two-millimeter creature frantically try and escape.  “Run little guy!  You’re so close,” she laughed.  

 

“No!  Stop!” Brittney sobbed.  Tears ran down the shrunken woman’s face.  She refused to stop running even though her feet ached.  

 

A massive tremor knocked Brittney off her feet.  The tiny woman shouted as she hit the ground and rolled to her back.  Her eyes widened as she saw her mom’s huge right foot right behind her.  

 

“DAMN, JUST MISSED,” the giant woman mocked, scrunching her does.  Without mercy, Sarah lifted that giant foot into the air once more, hovering directly over Brittneys body.  

 

Brittney couldn’t even get out a word.  She just continued to cry as her moms giant foot rapidly descended.  

 

It was over in a second.  Sarah planted her barefoot squarely on Brittney’s puny body, completely pulverizing her.  

 

As she took a step forward, she noticed what looked like another insect on the ground, this one slightly larger.  

 

Inside the “safety” of the submarine, Amy was at a loss.  She had just witnessed the woman she had impulsively shrunken get stepped on and obliterated by the woman’s own mother.  Now, this giant woman was looking directly at the submarine.  

 

The giant woman placed her foot atop the tiny submarine, and started to press down.  The walls of the sub creaked and groaned, but its integrity held ....for now.  

 

Sarah was now thinking maybe this was a rock on the floor, as it was too solid to be a bug, and she started to maneuver it in between her toes. 

 

“Mrs. Alders,” a familiar voice said, coming into the room.  Sarah turned and saw the doctor standing in the doorway holding an orange pill bottle and tube of cream in one hand, and paperwork in the other.  “What’re you doing?”

 

Sarah blushed.  “Oh, I thought I saw a bug, must be a rock or something,” she said, reaching down and plucking it up in her hand.  She was surprised when Dr. Prescott held out her own hand.  

 

“Can I see it?” she asked.  Sarah happily obliged, depositing the tiny vehicle in Felicia’s palm.  Amy watched, anxiety growing as she was brought in front of the rude doctor’s face.  

 

“I’m glad you found this, it’s actually your LITTLE nurse Amy,” she said, and both women began to laugh.  

 

Amy just sat in the sun, growing more and more irritated, wanting to return to normal size.  She knew it would be a while, as the sub was nowhere near charged.  She overheard Felicia telling the patient to use the medication and Sarah saying she thought her daughter might’ve gone to the car to wait.  Amy shuttered upon hearing that.  

 

“WELL AMY, I’LL BRING YOU BACK TO YOUR OFFICE TO GROW BACK,” Felicia said, though she started to lower Amy down towards the ground. 

 

Amy watched as the nurse slipped out of her shoe and started dangling the tiny submarine above her now open sock.  

 

“IN A LITTLE BIT!”

 

Amy started shouting in annoyance as she was deposited into the sock and started sliding down Felicia’s ankle.  It was going to be a long day….

 

Chapter End Notes:

--

More to come!