- Text Size +

Day 69

When she went out today, Violet kept me in her purse. It was dark, and noises were loud and indistinct. She had, at least, placed me in a small inner pocket so that I wouldn't have to jostle with the bag's other contents. Sometimes she would drop me in without paying any attention to where I'd land. Those days could be stressful.

But today was going well so far. It wasn't even two hours before the sky opened up and light poured into the purse, although it was promptly eclipsed by a gargantuan, heavily made-up face. Violet was grinning like she did whenever she'd had more than a little alcohol. She was a bit of a lightweight in that regard, although at this point I wasn't able to judge. Even ignoring the obvious, I'd lost a decent amount of weight since I'd shrunk. Not only was my life more athletically strenuous at an inch tall, but I didn't control my diet anymore and, proportionately speaking, I had lost some weight. As a result, on the several occasions where Violet had decided it would be fun for me to go swimming in a glass of Riesling, I would get tipsy just from inhaling the fumes alone. 

As she loomed over me, her breathy giggles forcibly reminded me of the last time I'd swam laps.

"Hey, me and Camille are at the club. Want to come dancing?"

Before I could respond, she'd plucked me from the purse and into the open. My sudden exposure to the fluorescent glare of the club's bathroom blinded and stunned me. I felt her fingers force me between cold metal bars, which was when I realized what was going on. She'd put me in a miniature birdcage she'd built, dangling from the end of a fine silver chain around her neck. By the time I'd regained any sort of composure, though, enormous, ebony-painted fingernails were manipulating, with surprising delicacy, the cage door in order to lock me in.

""You can dance with us now, Ivan!" she tittered. No doubt to transfer her enthusiasm to me, she pressed her breasts together, squeezing me between hot, soft, and terrifying walls of flesh. The birdcage, which was protecting me from her worst, was quickly rising in my esteem. "It's like a little go-go cage!"

There went my esteem.

The dance floor was a nightmare of sound, strobing, and seismic stomping. It was a miracle I could spot Violet from the distant reaches of her chest, much less anyone else, but at the very least it meant that Camille couldn't actually see me.

"Hey Violet!" Camille shouted over the godawful din of decade-old party music. When she failed to overcome LMFAO's magnum opus playing only at only slightly higher volume than a rocket launch, Camille moved in closer to Violet. Strands of honey-blonde hair fell into Violet's cleavage, idly violating the safety of my cage. "Violet! I love your necklace!"

Even here, even now, I could feel Violet's heart quicken beneath me, the rising heat impossible to ignore.

"Oh my god! Thank you! I'll let you borrow it sometime!"