- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for not uploading anything. I've been stupidly busy this past week but I'll be doing at least a chapter a day for the foreseeable future. 

The usually quiet and dreary Shethole village had never seemed so alive. For the first time ever, a member of the royal family would be coming to their run down little town and so everybody was helping with the preparations. Nearly everyone saw this as a great honour, a chance to impress the Princess and perhaps even put Shethole on the map, however for Victor it was just a load of hassle.

 

Victor couldn't at all  understand why the people of the village had decided to drop everything to make the town look somewhat presentable, it was t as if they did t already have work to do. Victor worked on the fields and would have rather spent the day tending to his crops, but instead he was forced out of bed earlier than usual and made to waste his time dragging an enourmous cake to the town centre along with some of the other stronger members of the village. The local baker Toby had spent a while making the gargantuan cake, but like everything else this made very little sense to Victor since he wouldn't even get paid for all that effort. He was incredibly aggitaged over the whole thing, and if the Princess wasn't at least grateful for everything he was going to lose it.

 

"Speed it up you lot!". As if it wasn't already bad enough there he was, the village chief! As if it wasn't already bad enough that he didn't have to do any actual work, the guy had the nerve to stand around criticising everyone else. Victor had already gotten used to dealing with the miserable old man, but his heckling was the last thing he wanted to hear while already in such an awful mood. Despite this Victor still kept his cool, everyone was in a good mood and he decided to just let it go, just carry the cake and act all happy to see some Princess, that's all he needed to do today and then he was free. 

 

With the cake moved and everything in place, all that was left was for the Princess to arrive. Victor was wondering how they would know when she was coming but when she did actually arrive he realised how unwarranted his concerns were. Trumpets could be heard in the distance and soon after a legion of fancy looking guards could be seen approaching the village followed by an enormous palanquin. At first Victor was confused by the enourmous structure approaching the town but then he remembered the gigantic cake he was transporting a few minutes prior. Inside of that thing was the Princess, he knew she was big but he was starting to feel frightened at the idea of meeting such a huge woman.

 

Once the procession arrived at the village the fanfare stopped and one of the guards stepped forward. "Presenting, the radiant Princess Evelyn!". The curtains on the palanquin begun to open. Victor wasn't really sure what he was exepecting but he was surprised when he actually saw the Princess. He had imagined that she would be a really posh looking woman, but while she did indeed look very posh with the expensive looking jewellery she wore and her elegant dress, she actually seemed to be a teenager around Victor's own age which he didn't see coming at all. "Hello everyone, it's wonderful to meet all of you". Victor begun to feel silly for worrying, even though she was gigantic, she had a soft voice and looked like a harmless teenage girl which allowed him to ease up a bit. He figured she was just going to eat some cake and be on her way. Unfortunately though, Evelyn had other plans. 

Chapter End Notes:

Both Evelyn and Victor are 16.