- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Probably not what Petula Clark had in mind when she recored that line.

 

Wanda walked forward across the plaza, kicking away the burnt vehicles that blocked the east exit as she headed back to the heart of downtown.

 

Compared to much of the day, Wanda was remarkably resilient against distraction as she carried out her plan.  To discourage people from fleeing downtown as she approached, nearly every one of her steps landed on non-parked vehicles or people.  The news-copters followed her along, capturing and broadcasting all of it not realizing they were communicating a message: “She might be coming, but you don’t want to be out there trying to get away.”

 

The message changed once she reached the cluster of high-rises.  As she circled about five square blocks of downtown, slices of corner buildings were sheared off with the resulting rubble arranged to block the streets and sidewalks.  Outward exits of buildings and multi-level parking lots were smashed and/or blocked with vehicles shoved up against them. People pouring out of the buildings could only move toward the inside of her circle; not that they realized there was a circle.

 

She worked to make the crowds larger by scaring them out of all the buildings.  She stomped her way through the convention center where many had sought refuge.  Some of the tall buildings she didn’t need for street rubble, she would embrace, her breasts plunging deep into them. Then she would rock the structures weakening them from their foundations and terrorizing those inside.

 

After she completed her circle, she moved a block inward and started doing it again, but more slowly to continue to herd the panicked crowds toward the circle’s center. 

 

From the ground it looked like senseless killing and destruction, with the panicked crowd having no clue she was flushing them out of the buildings and herding them toward a few blocks of E. Van Buran Boulevard, a very wide avenue that ran east-west across the center of downtown. It was a couple of blocks north of the street she walked down originally.

 

She did this block by block.  The task was easy enough but tedious.  So many holes to plug.  Not everyone was successfully herded, but enough that Wanda was satisfied with the crowd she created. She adjusted the rubble barricade at the west end of the road, to make it higher, before stepping over it to greet her audience.  It wasn’t quite as packed as the plaza, but people still had trouble clearing space for her feet.  Even Wanda desired a little more room.

 

“We could have a little more space without all these useless cars and trucks.” Wanda announced before bend over and reaching down to the ground with her hands.  People scattered as best as they could only to look with some relief as she gathered vehicles parked along the curb in her two hands.  Most of the vehicles were a little longer than her palms were wide, and stacking them into a rough cylinder, she managed to pick up about eight.  That two people found themselves caught and crushed between the cars was of no consequence. She stood upright just long enough to toss the vehicles over one of the shorter buildings to land a couple of blocks away. 

 

Wanda did this a few more times on either side of the road to clear some more space and she noticed that while people stayed clear of the cars, they were no longer panicking as she reached for the vehicles.  So, this time, she bent down before a line-up of vehicles as before, but diverted her hands at the last second and reached for people.  Scooting her hands together she managed to get about eight in each hand; a count she found disappointing.  But their being upright, and having to encircle them within thumb on one side and pinkie and ring finger on the other accounted for the limitation.  The move was mostly to halt their complacency so she didn’t have really didn’t have any plans

 

Still, her hands just headed to her chest as if by default.  By the time they reached her mid-section, one or two people in each hand managed to squirm their way through her fingers and fall out.  That didn’t bother Wanda as it was all part of the show.  They were both men, with the one on the right falling directly to the pavement head first and clearly dying on the spot with a smashed skull.  The one on the left, landed on her foot and bounced forward.  He was probably also dead, but in no mood for ambiguity, Wanda let her foot land on him, leaving no doubt. 

 

She held both hands out before her chest.  Palms up, she unrolled her fingers flat, and as people got off one another and gave each other a little space, they covered the surface both her palms and fingers.  Perhaps thinking of those that fell, nobody tried to stand up.

 

One thing about being this size, it is sure clear when people were looking at your breasts rather than your face, and with the massive spheres looming just another hand’s width away, she was looking at the tops of the heads of a majority of her captured people.  That changed the moment she began speaking, but she spoke on the subject anyway.

 

“Do you like them?  I made them myself.  Big, aren’t they?” she said, stating the obvious, as she made them bounce a bit.  “But it isn’t just their size is it? The shape is just as important.  I think for the most part, the rounder, the better.”  Nobody had the slightest idea how to respond to this, and even Wanda only just now figured out where she was going with it.

 

“Of course, they have to be really firm to have this shape and sit like this, particularly when each one weighs tens of thousands of pounds, or so I assume. I don’t really know how much they weigh.  Maybe you can tell me.”

 

And with that, she lowered both palms a bit and then brought them adjacent to her body, under each breast, at just above navel level, and then started razing them upwards.  Wanda smiled at the cries, yelps and profanity that were emitted as each person realized what was happening.  At almost 200 feet above ground, no one leaped off and the cries gained volume as she felt the first tiny hands on her breasts’ underside.

 

She slowed her pace, but did not stop and soon she felt whole bodies between her hands and breasts.  The cries were likely screams now, but muffled to the point where they were felt more than heard.  Neither breast had barely budged when she felt the bones breaking.  Just a few at first but soon a cacophony of them under each before dwindling just as each mammary started rise from the force of the hands beneath them while she felt the familiar entry of 14 life-forces.

 

“I stand corrected. “ Wanda stated smiling. “They must actually be hundreds of thousands of pounds each. She lowered her hands and observed the flattened people, noting there was actually less blood than she expected.  She tilted her palms vertically and a few of the bodies fell off, mostly the ones from her fingers.  They landed with splatting noises on the broken pavement around her feet.  With a shake or two the rest of the bodies were flung off, most of these landing into the crowd around her.

 

There was more clear space around her feet than before and Wanda soon understood why, as people were mobbed around building entrances trying to get in.  Can’t have that.  Wanda knew what to do and grabbed the top of the nearest high-rise both hands and starting to rock it from side to side.  It took some care as she wanted to frighten everyone enough to clear out of the building, but not actually bring the building down.  Wanda took notice of the fact that she had to try NOT to destroy a skyscraper with her bare hands.  Even with this body’s super strength at normal size, such a thought would have been absurd.  Pleased with the results, Wanda shook two other buildings the same way when she heard a whooshing sound and was struck in the shoulder by something painful. 

 

Amidst loud cheering from the crowd, Wanda turned her head and looked down, to see the diminishing fireball of an explosion where she had been struck.  Her shield had activated automatically, but only after she had been struck.  The result was pain, but no real damage.  The pain was quite the shock, though, considering she had taken down armies and squads fighter jets without a scratch.  She had her shielding on then and apparently, she needed it on here as well.

 

A line of smoke traced back to the source of the rocket, which was at the top of a 20-story building where she saw three men in black outfits and helmets.  One had a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher.  They had just completed reloading and soon another rocket shot towards her.  This time she was ready and her body’s volleyball reflexes swept the rocket aside with her left hand as she stepped toward its source.  The two other men started shooting at her with automatic rifles and were soon joined by automatic fire from a dozen guns on the street.  There she saw two bulky black police trucks and more black-clad men behind the guns.  Phoenix’s SWAT team.  Either they just happened to be inside her barricaded perimeter or she left gaps.  That wasn’t surprising as she could have easily overlooked some ally or a raised parking lot with exits on both sides.

 

The bullets all impacted harmlessly against her shield, which probably wasn’t even necessary at this size for mere bullets. With a forward sweep of her right hand, she grabbed all three men from the roof. The bazooka fell to the roof and the rifles were pressed between their bodies and her hand, leaving just three helmeted heads bobbing on shoulders sticking out of her grasp. 

 

She was going to say something about how dumb they were but those three heads gave her another idea. She brought the hand to her mouth as if she were going to make a duck call and brought her teeth together through the necks of all three men.  She tossed the headless bodies aside, took moment, and then spit the heads out.  It was shortly after each head landed into the crowd that she became aware of a familiar presence near one of them.