- Text Size +

Disclaimer:  This is a work of fiction. Any likeness or resemblance to any actual person, living or deceased, or to any factual occurrence is merely coincidental.  Furthermore, be aware of the categories.  If any of the categories causes you any distress or uneasiness, proceed at your discretion. 


Note:  Various studies suggested that most East Asians lack the ABCC11 gene, which is the single cause of whether one would produce a sweaty odour or not.  Therefore, due to this lucky genetic inheritance, most East Asian ladies are unlikely to have any foot odour.  


Laura and Jessica decided to take the scenic path with the gentler slope down the peak.  They slackened to a stroll, they started to hold hands, and enjoy a tête-à-tête.


“I heard that you’re planning to hire a research assistant to test Tess’s pain endurance.  While we have the research capital, I’m not sure if it is necessary to employ an assistant to do the job.”, Jessica questioned with an unconvinced look.


“In all honesty, I figure that we haven’t been applying enough pressure on Tess, don’t forget, we need the empirical data to determine the spot-on potential of the NIC.  The hindrance is that we have a caring three-way relationship, so we are both reluctant to put too much weight on her”, Laura came back with a loving smile.  


“What are you talking about?  Tess has been subjected to some heavy pounding!”, Jessica replied with certainty.


“Well Dr. Chan, we’ve mostly placed her under the arches of our toes.  I trust that you’re well aware that the phalanges are supple, so not much of the body’s weight is being applied to her.  That’s my medical opinion.”, Laura commented expertly.


“Well Dr. Rao, that’s still very heavy for her minuscule physique.  She is merely 7 cm tall.  Even with the enhancement of the NIC, she has managed to endure many ordeals.  We got the necessary empirical data.  That’s my medical opinion.”, Jessica countered.


“Well Dr. Chan, would you mind if I place her under my metatarsals?  If so, I would consider it unnecessary to hire a research assistant.”, Laura replied methodically, while maintaining a loving smile, which drew attention to her athletic figure, with the Indo-Chinese tanned complexion.


“Why are you staring at me?”, Laura asked playfully.


“You are very beautiful.”, Jessica replied lovingly


Laura kept on holding Jessica’s hand while pulling her closer 'til their shoulders are touching.  The couple gazed at each other and French kissed.  They remained standing during the affectionate moment, then, began strolling again.


* * *


Even though I’m enduring numerous bone fractures, as every single one of my ribs is sticking out of my body and various parts of my intestines have ruptured as well, the NIC is working efficiently.  Most of the hemorrhage has stopped, but then the fractures will need resetting and the muscular tears will take around a week to heal.  While the downside of the NIC is that it doesn’t have any pain control quality, however, it is a fortunate thing for me, as I have a peculiar desire for agony.  It is strange, as it isn’t of any sensual nature, but I endeavour to defy the pain.  The hard part is being economical with the truth to Jessica by giving her the notion that everything is all right.  So far, I’ve hoodwinked her into believing that the NIC is healing so efficiently that the pain is dulled.  While I’ve always wondered why Laura hasn’t doubted my narrative, after all, she is the inventor.


Meanwhile, the roller-coaster momentum has somewhat slackened.  At least, I can harmonize my breathing with the leisurely stride.  Breathe in when there is an upward motion; breathe out when there is a downward motion.  The impact of each footstep is much softer as well.  However, the weight is forcing my ribs to spread apart, as each footstep is like having five enormous, supple limbs coming down on my body.  Most of my main joints will crack with pathetic, loud popping sounds.  Jessica’s hallux (big toe) is the weightiest, sandwiching my calves between the memory foam insole and the silky-smooth big toe.  It seems unusual for an active jogger to have such a smooth sole, but this is the lovingness between us, as she must have taken a pumice stone to her foot calluses to ensure that I would get a silky touch.  Yet, there isn’t much she can do to ease the weight, so my tibias are at least partially fractured, with severe bruising on the lower leg muscles.  My knee ligaments are overstretched, causing my knee joints to make loud popping sounds.  To me, it is like getting brutal, prolonged chiropractic treatment.  Meanwhile, my body has been moulded to the contour of Jessica’s toes to offer the precise support for her comfort.


* * *


In the meantime, Laura and Jessica have reached their apartment, Jessica sat down on the luxurious armchair near the entrance and started to take off her shoes.  Subsequently, she removed her outer socks, at the same time, my brutally bruised body fell on the carpeted floor.


“Tess, are you all right?”, Laura put on a caring smile, as she tenderly picked me up with her right hand.  She looked at my bruised body, smiled at Jessica and said, “Tess is fine.  Would you like to take a shower first?  I’ll get some water for Tess, then I’ll take a shower and bathe her as well.”


“That’s sweet of you.”, Jessica replied cheerfully and entered the bathroom.  


Laura took a closer look at me, started to giggle, and whispered, “Wow, Jessica really did a number on you.”


Laura carried me to the kitchen and placed me in the basin.  Without warning, she gripped my shoulders with her left hand between her thumb and index finger.  Then, she started to bend each of my ribs back in place.  She noticed that my jaws were dislocated, so she pushed them back in place effortlessly.  She continued to examine my body and manipulated each joint back in place one by one in a slapdash fashion.  Especially when she was doing it by touch, without taking any x-ray.  Laura managed to mend most of the dislocations and fractures so that the NIC can restore my body to health eventually.  However, there wasn’t much Laura could do to mend the contusions.  Afterwards, Laura turned on the cold-water faucet and washed me with liquid dish soap with a lemon scent.   


To be continued