- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Any likeness or resemblance to any actual person, living or deceased, or to any factual occurrence is merely coincidental. Furthermore, be aware of the categories. If any of the categories causes you any distress or uneasiness, proceed at your discretion.
Introduction: This chapter is written via a request of a friend, who has asked me to write from another character’s perspective. In this experimental chapter, I have attempted to use a different character, Jessica, as the first person’s perspective to express the various, inadvertent miscommunications between the shrunken person (Theresa) and Jessica. While I plan to focus on Jessica’s perspective in this chapter, then, I will write about Theresa’s perspective in the next chapter.

I’ve been in high spirits since I got the jab of the new version of Nano Intelligent Cells (NIC). I was slender when I was battling against leukemia, as I was just 93 lbs., at a height of 5’3”. Currently, the NIC has fully restored my health, combined with a rejuvenating effect which has given me a 21-years old (actually I’m 37 years old), athletic figure at 118 lbs., even my cup size has increased from A to B. Unfortunately, an unwelcome effect is that the NIC also boosted menstruation, which unquestionably will be rather displeasing.

The alarm clock went off, waking up, I found that my body has retained a lot of water, while I’ve been urinating more than usual since yesterday. I felt rather bloated while experiencing heavy flow and cramps. Needless to say, I was having my period. Yet the syndromes were more apparent and persistent.

Laura kissed me and explained that the NIC is merely preparing my body, so the syndromes will be much more apparent for the next two days. Meanwhile, Laura told me that Theresa is a bit moody, so it is likely that she could be having premenstrual syndromes as well. Because of her eccentricity, she decided to sleep in my favourite ballet flats (the right one).

After washing up, I decided to put on a smart-casual outfit, with a pair of casual chinos in khaki green, combined with a white blouse. I planned to wear a pair of ballet flats, featuring a very comfortable design with timeless elegance. Crafted in supple black leather, it displays posh elegance, yet, delivers high levels of comfort.

So, when I saw that Theresa is still lying down in the right flat, I was annoyed. I continued to put on a pair of sheer knee-highs, yet seemed to be shouting at me but her volume is hardly perceptible. I continued to slip into my left flat, as the last warning to Theresa, but she won’t clear out. So, I slipped into my right flat with Theresa in it. The force rolled her head and part of her upper torso underneath my fourth toe and pinky toe and the lower part of her upper torso and her entire lower torso ended up underneath the ball of my foot. She was probably lying face up diagonally, as I could feel her puffing between my two toes.

I glanced at my watch and noticed that I was running late for the breakfast meeting, as Laura has gone to the restaurant already. So, I locked up the apartment and started to walk down the stairs. As I took the first few steps, silly Theresa served like a cylinder-shaped ball of firm cloth at the bottom of the ball of my foot. I appreciated the feeling as her body is quite cushioning. But, as I walked down the stairs, there was a brittle feeling. As I reached the ground floor, when I continued to walk normally by lightly place my foot on the ground heel first with my knee just slightly bent, the brittle feeling faded. The walking seemed to ease my abdominal cramps. After a short 10 minutes walk, I reached the restaurant.

As I arrived at the restaurant, Laura has started to talk with the new student doctor, Victoria. She is particularly tall compared to most Asians, she's quite a few inches taller than me, so I would guess that she's around 5'9. I would estimate that she weighs about 145 lbs. I would reckon that her cup size is close to a C. Her silky straight hair extends a little past her shoulders and is rather long, it's a light brown with lighter highlights in it. While she has a petite facial feature, beautiful dark brown eyes, with a medium-brown complexion similar to mocha, as she is an Ecuadorian. As I approached the table, she seemed to be quite cheerful.

I reached out and shook hands with Victoria, as Laura continued to discuss the Nano Intelligent Cells technology with Victoria. I sat down and took the weight off my feet, I crossed my right leg, so most of the weight is eased on Theresa. After a few minutes, I felt a slight rubbing sensation, which is rather comfortable. I was very touched by Theresa’s loving gesture, as she must be apologizing for being an annoyance earlier. I subtly wriggled my toes to reply to her loveliness.

I ordered a full breakfast, as one of the distinctive advantages of the Nano Intelligent Cells is that it depletes a lot of calories, so I can eat all I wanted without any worry that I will gain much weight. Then, I supposed that Theresa must be starving, as her Nano Intelligent Cells must have exhausted most of the calories from the heavy stress. I needed to get her out of my flat, so I pretended that I was adjusting my knee-highs, and swiftly pulled her out and subtly wrapped her under a napkin and placed her on my lap.

I had to straighten out her legs and set her femurs back onto the pectineal lines. There were several, delicate popping sounds, while Laura became aware of the situation, she continued to engage Victoria in the conversation. Then, I had to squeeze rather hard on her pubic arch and ilium to set her bones of her pelvic girdle. Otherwise, once the Nano Intelligent Cells have fused the fractures, the bones won’t be set right.

Around an hour later, Theresa has partly recovered, so I tore a piece of my muffin and started to feed her. I scooped up some of my coffee with a teaspoon and subtly served it to her. I continued to feed her half a teaspoon of scrambled eggs. Considering that is a lot of food for her, as she is merely 7 cm tall, she was very hungry indeed.

I placed her in my purse, as we left the restaurant and walked back to the treatment centre. Samantha was there to welcome Victoria to the conglomerate, while Laura injected a dose of the Nano Intelligent Cells into Victoria’s deltoid.

To be continued - - -
Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Any likeness or resemblance to any actual person, living or deceased, or to any factual occurrence is merely coincidental. Furthermore, be aware of the categories. If any of the categories causes you any distress or uneasiness, proceed at your discretion.