- Text Size +

While still in the living room, the group noticed a ceiling fan with a light fixture hanging down around two feet from the ceiling. They also noticed 4 large tables, each standing 6 feet tall. Two were positioned on either side of the sofa, and the other two were placed at the side of the recliners. Additionally, there were three floor lamps, each standing 10ft tall. And fortunately for Bill, Susan, and Tom, the cords leading to the outlet all had switches on them. No risers would be needed to turn them on and off.


Next, they made their way to the bathroom. Again, another 15 ft door with the handle placed around 5ft off the ground. Jane already knew what Cindy would say if asked about the handle. When Cindy grew, the handle would be placed higher. Once inside the spacious bathroom, the vanity, like try he countertops in the kitchen, were 7’6” off the ground, and the familiar risers were in front. The toilet was larger than normal, but not as scaled as the sink.


Once again, Jane said that as Cindy grew taller, the toilet would be replaced with a new one to accommodate her new size. 


Next was the bathtub. This was, like everything else in the house, set up to accommodate Cindy's final height. The tub was 10ft long, about 7 ft wide. It had tub knobs to control temperature and to switch from bath to shower positioned at the height of 6 ft. The tub’s wall was 5 ft in height, and there were steps both on the inside and outside to help normal sized people in and out. The shower head was attached to a long flexible hose, with three holding brackets attached to the wall. The lowest of the bracket was 6’5” high, the second 9’, and the last 14’. Jane told Cindy that if she didn't think the last two were positioned for her correctly, let her know, and they would be taken care of. 


After the bathroom, came the bedrooms. Jane asked Cindy which bedroom she wanted. Cindy opened the two doors on the left. They were set up the same. High ceilings with fans and lights attached, plus two 10 ft floor lamps at either end of the room. The beds weren't set up yet, as they didn't know which room Cindy would choose.


Cindy chose the first room, and Jane excused herself again, and came back a couple of minutes later, explaining that the beds would be here in a couple of minutes to be set up. And when the delivery men brought the beds in, it was stunned Bill, Susan and Tom that Cindy's bed frame was about 15 ft long, and the mattress lay about 5ft off the ground. Again, Jane said to Cindy that as she grew bigger, the mattress would become bigger, with the surface around 7’6” off the ground. 


The size of the rooms was made more absurd when Bill and Susan's bed, and Tom’s bed, was set up. Normal sized beds in a room capable of fitting ones three times the size. And add in the bigger dressers that Cindy would need, as compared to the regular sized ones for the rest of the family, was just too much for their brains to process. Jane had told Cindy the same thing she had been saying all day, as she grew, her furniture would be replaced with something that would fit her size. 


The closets in the bedrooms were all set up the same way. Tall, wide, and with huge doors, they had three separate height levels for things to be hung, 6 ft, 9ft, and 13 ft. Needless to say that Cindy's parents and brother wouldn't need anything other than the 6 ft bar.


And the laundry room was set up the same way. An oversized washer and dryer, scaled to Cindy's final height, with risers in front to help everyone else reach them. 


And the garage was set up the same way. The door had an electric opener, which Bill was extremely grateful for, and a nice high ceiling. The lights were by the entrance to the house, meaning a normal sized person could access them just by using the steps.


And the final part was the parcel delivery van outside. Jane had opened the side door of the van. It revealed three normal seats, and one special seat in the back that could be adjusted to Cindy's height as she grew. The high interior meant she didn't have to slouch, and although it wouldn't be the most comfortable, it would do its job. 


Jane had told Cindy that auto manufacturers were starting to build actual vehicles for children that took the formula, and the hope was, they would be ready in a couple of years. She also told Bill and Susan that they could sign all the paperwork necessary for them to move in immediately. Their belongings would be packed up by a moving company, and would be delivered the next afternoon. They moving company would also take possession of their old house, and would handle any sale, the proceeds of which would go to the Carpenter family. 


Bill and Susan had asked Cindy what she thought, as she would be the one to have to make the decision, since the house was built for her. She looked at her parents and brother, and agreed to move in immediately. 


Tom then asked Jane what happen to their old house. Jane thought for a moment and said that with the increase of children that have taken the formula, their old house would be sold, demolished, and rebuilt to scale for a family whose child or children had taken the formula. She also said that it was her understanding that every child, except for the two in Cindy's class, had taken the formula. The needed to make sure suitable housing could be built to accommodate them.


And with that, the Caroenters moved into their new home. Tom chuckled to himself that as tall as Cindy was presently, she would still need to use some of the risers in the short term.