- Text Size +

Paul and Linda had one more class before lunch. Paul still wasn't saying anything. Deep down, for the first time in life, he was actually afraid of another person. He had an occasional fight with bigger people, but no one was the size of the girl. If the teacher hadn't arrived when she did, who knew what bodily damage would be inflicted on him. He understood why tweeners and Betas feared the Alphas. They were just so incredibly huge, incredibly strong, that it boggled his mind. He didn't want Linda to know how scared he was. He didn't want her to think less of him.


Linda knew what had happened, but if she brought the incident up with Paul, it might cause unnecessary tensions in their budding friendship. To her, being a tweener was tough. Too big for somethings, to small for others, and there was nothing in the middle. 


But the Betas had it worse. With about 90% of the world's population being either Alphas or tweeners, the Betas were headed for what amounted to an extinction. To her, the physical size difference between an Alpha female and a Beta male made having sex as a way to procreate impossible. There was no way a Beta guy could ever be “big” enough with his member to penetrate far enough in for his semen to start its journey.


And the incompatibility between an Alpha man a Beta girl was the opposite. An Alpha's member, enhanced to twice its normal size, could do so much damage to a girl’s private area that it might make her unable to have children.


Tweeners, on the other hand, could accommodate both Alphas and Betas of either sex. It was just a by-product of their in-between size.


But thankfully lunch time arrived. Paul was still quiet. And when they got their food and sat down at Todd's table, they noticed he still looked shocked at what happened.


So Linda was eating lunch with two boys that weren't saying one word between them. She didn't know what to do. She thought about going to talk to a school official about it, except she was afraid to intrude on the boys’ space.


Then out of the blue, Paul said that people in prison could sue the government if they got served food this shitty. Linda gave a small laugh. It wasn't the funniest joke she ever heard, but it broke the silence. And the tension seemed to ease. Even Todd laughed. Todd bent over and quietly whispered in Paul's ear. He said thank you for sticking up for him. Nobody had ever done that before. And that if it wasn't for Paul, he felt that he would have suffered serious injury at the hands of the girl.


Paul turned his head and saw Todd's eyes well up. And he whispered back that he too was afraid of the girl and what she could do to him. But he couldn't stand bullies. And that was worth facing serious injury to stop it.


Linda could see the tears in Todd's eyes, but they also looked a lot brighter than they did five minutes ago. Even Paul lightened up. She didn't know the exact details of what happened, but she guessed it was pretty traumatic for the two of them.



Paul's mood brightened when he realized that gym was the last class of the day, and secretly hoped that Linda would wear something skin tight that showed off her body. 


Suddenly, what had happened earlier wasn't as important as what could happen later. And his mood really improved at the thought.


But, it wasn't to be. Linda's gym outfit was a two piece sweat outfit that looked a little baggy on her, hiding his view of things underneath. But he realized something. Linda never left his side. Even after his attitude and sullenness, she never moved. She had been there for him. He needed to thank her, but he didn't want to make it too obvious.


Gym class was over, and Paul could only imagine what was under Linda's outfit. John was dressed, as was Linda. Paul yelled out of the locker room for both to head out and wait at the doors, he would be with them in a few minutes. So Linda and John walked towards the front doors to wait.


Paul was just making sure that he had his homework assignments in his gym bag, and once satisfied, headed towards the hallway. 


As he exited the locker room, he stopped in his tracks, not because something was blocking his way. Rather, it was a hand that grabbed the back of his shirt. A rather large hand.


He felt himself being pulled backwards, and there was nothing that he could do to stop it. Finally he heard a voice from above, and it didn't sound friendly.


Paul turned his head enough to see it was Alice. The biggest Alpha in his class. And she turned him around so that he was facing her, and bent down as far as she could, leaving her face about two feet above his. 


And she told him that she heard about what happened, and that this was his one “get out of jail free” card. If he ever disrespected an Alpha, or interrupted one, he would be sitting with her at the back of the bus. Did he understand?


With no other options, he said yes, he did understand. At that moment the gym teacher came out and sensed what was going on. He asked Alice what she was doing in the men's locker area. 


She released Paul's shirt, and started mussing his hair and replied that she was only making sure that this adorable little cutie was alright. He just looked too fragile to be by himself. As she was saying that, she continued to run her fingers through Paul's hair, except this time with a little more force that caused Paul a good deal of discomfort. 


The teacher asked Paul if this was true, and he said it was. And with that, Alice pulled Paul towards her and gave him a peck on the lips, telling him to be careful out there, that the world was a dangerous place for someone so precious. 


And then she stood up and headed towards the bus. Paul was suddenly back in his foul mood. He wanted to stand up for himself in the worst way, but Alice's sheer size and strength made it impossible. Better to cut losses now as opposed to later. And then Paul headed towards the bus, making sure to give Alice plenty of time to get seated.