- Text Size +

Author’s note: This will be the last official chapter for the Story of Paul and Linda, at least as it pertains to their time in high school. I am not sure if I will add any more chapters in the future, as I feel that I have told the story that I wanted. But I will never say never.




It had been a few months since Paul came back to school. His incident with the freshman Alpha girl name Val had become a distant memory. As he correctly surmised, she just wanted to try and establish her turf, but with the increased security, she quickly lost interest. But there was actually good news.


The Jr and Sr classes decided to open the annual prom to all grades, instead of excluding everyone below the junior year. That meant that Paul and Linda, 

John and Mindy, and Todd could attend. Todd had struck up a friendship with a tweener girl named Betty on his return to school, and it was developing into something more. Everyone, especially Paul, was happy for him. And it allowed Todd to show a romantic side that no one knew he had.


But there was still a month before the dance. School work still had to be done. The homework was becoming increasingly more involved and detailed, and that meant that Paul and Linda couldn’t spend as much time together after school. Paul still had the group over on most weekends, doing cookouts, and just talking in a very relaxed atmosphere. 


Everyone was kind of amazed at how the school year played out, up to that point, and how new friendships were formed, and an unbreakable bond established. Paul couldn’t think of better people to have in his life, especially Linda. 


Linda was the love of his life. He could think of no future life for him that didn’t include her. She was beautiful, kind and caring. He considered himself fortunate that she had to attend school, and it allowed him to meet her. And he couldn’t wait for the prom. To be able to dance with her, and dance closely was running through his mind. 


But time flew by quickly, and the prom was upon them. Paul spent what seemed like hours making sure his hair was combed and in place, with just the right amount of his dad’s cologne dabbled on. He was a nervous ball of energy. His parents drove him to Linda’s.


Paul’s parents, Greg and Debbie, followed him up the steps. He knocked. Within a few seconds, Linda’s mom, Stephanie, opened the door. Paul said hello, and she complimented on how handsome he looked. Paul said thank you. She asked him in, and said he could wait in the living room. He made his way into the familiar room.


Stephanie said hi to Greg and Debbie, and the three of them went into the kitchen. Victor was there, making drinks for the adults. The parents chatted like they were good friends. In a sense they were. Paul had spent so much time with Linda, either at her house or his backyard, that their parents did form a certain bond. Stephanie excused herself and went to check on Linda.


While the parents were talking, Paul was waiting, nervous from anticipation. He could only imagine how Linda would look. He just kept thinking about it until he heard her door open. He saw her mom come out with tears in her eyes. And behind her, stood the absolute embodiment of perfection that Paul had ever seen. 


Linda was in a dress that accented her body, and Paul couldn’t take his eyes off her. She was the most beautiful girl in the world. She smiled at him. They put the traditional flowers on one another, and after many pictures, Victor drove them to the prom.


Paul got out of the vehicle and helped his lady exit. He felt like he was the most special guy in the world, escorting the most beautiful inside. The room was quickly filling up. Thankfully, Todd and Betty had already grabbed a table, so the couple made their way to sit. It wasn’t long after that that John and Mindy arrived. And the friendship group was intact. And soon the prom began.


It took the first song to finish before the dance floor started filling up. Everyone was out there. Paul looked comfortable dancing, even though he had no rhythm. But he wanted to be with Linda. And dance they did. The music got better. He looked at the sign in front of the DJ. Music By R Starr. Paul thought he was pretty good, and kept the beat at a great tempo.


After the third song, the six of them sat down. They were a little sweaty, and thirsty. The men got up to fetch drinks for their ladies. John, Todd and Paul were waiting in the line for the punch bowl when Paul felt a heavy hand tapping on his shoulder. He turned around and looked up. It was Alice. Paul didn’t know if he did anything that upset her, but he was prepared for trouble if it came to that.


Alice bent down and told him that he looked very handsome. A puzzled Paul said thank you and told her that she looked extremely beautiful. She thanked him, and asked him if they could go out into the hallway to talk. 


Paul was now really confused, but said he wanted to get Linda her drink, then he would meet her out in the hallway. Alice said ok, and went out of the gym to wait. Paul got Linda her drink, and said that he would be right back. She asked him if anything was wrong, and he assured her that everything was fine, winking at her as he spoke.


Paul left the gym, and saw Alice sitting on the steps that led to the upper floors. Paul stood. Even then she was almost three feet taller than he was. Paul asked her if anything was wrong.


Alice looked at him for a second, then said words that stunned him to the point a feather could have knocked him over. She started off by apologizing for being such a bitch to him and his friends. What she did outside the locker room and then with John was wrong. She also apologized for not stepping in and trying to protect him from Jill. She knew that Jill was bad news, but she was so wrapped up with George, she didn’t want to do anything to upset that. She hoped that he would forgive her. 


Paul started to talk, but Alice cut him off, and continued. She said that if it wasn’t for him, she would have never found happiness. Paul had no idea what she was talking about. She told him the day he stood up to her on the bus, and talked to her as a human being, treated her as an equal, and not show any fear, allowed George to get up enough courage to ask her out. And for that, she would always be grateful to him.


Paul told her that he only did what he thought was right. He wasn’t trying to show her up, he was just trying to protect his friends. But he was happy that she had found happiness with George. Paul also told her that he had nothing to do with that. It was just the laws of attraction. He told her that she was a very beautiful girl, maybe the most beautiful in the school, next to Linda, of course. She just had to allow herself to enjoy life, and just act like a normal person. It was that sight change in attitude that drew George to her.


Alice grew quiet. She realized that the friends she hung around with weren’t really her true friends. It was obvious as soon as she got together with George, and they were not supportive at all. She allowed them to push her in directions that she didn’t really want to go, all because she craved friendship.


Alice thanked him for his kind words. She asked him if they could be friends. Paul said sure. He was always glad to welcome new friends. Paul asked her if she and George wanted to sit at his table. Alice looked at him and said that would be great. 


Paul returned to the table. He could see the worried look on Linda’s face, but he gave her his warmest smile. She asked him what happened. Paul told her that she would find out in 5 seconds. Linda was puzzled, until she saw Alice and George make their way to the table. She was even more puzzled when the two Alphas sat down with them. 


It was a little awkward at first. There was some distrust towards Alice, until she apologized to John for what happened on the bus. It seemed to break the dam, and the eight of them were alternating talking and dancing. Paul looked at Linda, and told her how much he loved her. She lifted him up, and kissed for what seemed like an eternity. She told him that she loved him, too. 



Chapter End Notes:

I hope readers enjoyed this story as much as I did.