- Text Size +

Paul and Linda were walking hand in hand down the school hallway. Students were everywhere, talking, joking, having fun. The couple were making their way to homeroom. Paul thought that the walk was taking forever. It looked like the corridor had no end in sight.


Paul looked up at Linda, who just smiled at him. Man, this is taking forever, he thought. We should be at homeroom. We should be at homeroom right now, he kept saying to himself.


When he turned and looked at Linda, she had stopped smiling. In fact he noticed a look of terror frozen on her face. Paul asked her what was wrong. No answer. He asked her again, and still no answer. He started shaking her, but no answer.


It wasn't until he heard a voice that he knew. A voice with menace. A voice with malice. A voice with revenge coating every word. It was Jill's voice. He couldn't see her, but he knew she was there.


And sure enough, she was suddenly in front of them. Paul turned to Linda and told her to run. Linda was frozen, panic in her eyes. She started crying. She tried to speak, but no words came out. Paul tried to push her off to the side, but she was unmovable.


Finally, Jill started to move towards them. Paul instinctively stepped in front of Linda to protect her. But it didn't matter. Jill picked him up with one arm and flung him into the lockers, causing intense pain in his right shoulder.


Paul saw stars, but quickly looked on in horror as Jill closed in on Linda. Paul was yelling at the top of his lungs for Linda to run, but she never moved. Paul staggered to his feet and once again got in between Linda and Jill.


Jill smiled at him. It was the most evil smile Paul had ever seen. She reached down and took his left arm at his bicep and squeezed with little pressure. Paul tried to struggle free, but it was no use. Jill started to slightly increase her pressure, and Paul was fighting back tears from the pain. Jill just increased her pressure ever so slightly until his humerus snapped. Paul crumpled to the floor.


Paul was in so much pain, he was on the verge of passing out. But he looked on as Jill reached Linda and pushed her up against the lockers. Paul tried to get to his feet, but it was no use. Jill had Linda right where she wanted, and there was nothing that he could do about it.


He watched in horror as Jill grabbed Linda by the neck and lifted her off the floor. He saw Linda desperately try to loosen Jill's grip, but it was no use. Jill brought her to eye level, and sneered at the smaller girl. She then banged Linda into the lockers repeatedly, each time with more force. 


Soon, the back of Linda's head became a bloody mess. Linda kept looking at Paul, who was helpless. He could see the life leave her eyes as Jill just kept banging her against the lockers.


He saw the joy in Jill's eyes as Linda faded into unconsciousness. After what seemed like an eternity, Jill let go of Linda, who hit the floor with a heavy thud. Paul, despite his intense pain, made his way over to Linda and tried to wake her. No response. He pleaded with her to get up. Still nothing. He tried to feel her pulse, but he couldn't move his arms. 


To him, it looked like Linda was dead. His lovely Linda was dead. He became filled with rage. He looked at Jill, and with a primal scream, rushed at her, only to be grabbed around the throat with her large hand. He looked at her with hate in his eyes, as she smiled and squeezed.


Paul woke up in a cold sweat, and with tears running down his face. It took him a moment to realize that he had been dreaming. He looked at his clock. 4:15 read the time. He made his way to the bathroom to splash water on his face. His heart was beating a mile a second.


He returned to his room, but was too upset by what he dreamt. He couldn't sleep. So he got dressed and left his room. Nobody else was up. He gathered his school backpack and made sure it was packed. 


He sat on the sofa going over the dream that he just had, and kept asking himself one question. Would Jill really kill them if she had the chance? He would like to have said no, but he wasn't sure. Jill was crazy. There was no predicting what she would do. And to him, that was as scary as the dream he just had.


Eventually he made himself an early breakfast, then hopped in the shower. Feeling a little more refreshed, he waited outside for the bus. And it arrived on time. And the usual routine began. Hi to John and Mindy, then straight to Linda. 


Except Linda wasn't there. He glanced around the bus, but no Linda. He immediately became nervous. What if his dream came true. His mind was racing at the speed of light. He would call her as soon as he got to school. He wouldn't be able to relax or concentrate until he knew she was ok.


When the bus stopped, Paul broke the unwritten rules by rushing off the bus and straight to the phone in the hallway. He dialed Linda's number. It rang and rang, but no one answered. He tried again, but still no answer. 


It wasn't until he hung up the second time that he felt a tap on his shoulder. Shit, he thought, it was an Alpha, letting him know what he had done. He turned around, and saw what he needed to see.


It was Linda. His panic went away, and joy filled his heart. He hugged and kissed her. He then asked why she wasn't on the bus? She told him that she overslept. Her parents gave her a ride on their way to work. She had seen him rush off the bus. She tried to call him, but he was moving too fast.


Paul could finally breathe. All that panic and fear, and it was because Linda overslept. He hugged her again, this time with more force. He lost her on his dream, he wasn't going to lose her in life.


And with Jill suspended again until Friday, Paul and Linda were able to enjoy a much more relaxed atmosphere. Paul was finally able to concentrate on his classes again. And all quizzes and tests were aced by the two. 


Lunch in the cafeteria could be enjoyed by Paul, Linda, John and Mindy, as well as by Alice and George. Paul was amazed how one person, Jill, could cause so much turmoil. But she was a force, no doubt about it. 


But the day went along uneventfully. And the bus ride to Linda's house was quite enjoyable. He sat next to Linda as usual, and rested his head against her breast. He certainly felt a lot better now than he did in the morning. Their birthdays were coming up in a few days. Both would be 16. He still had money left over from Christmas, so buying her a gift wouldn't be the issue. He just couldn't think of what to get her.


The bus stopped and Linda and Paul got off. Into the house they went. The van was in the driveway, so they knew her parents were home. Making their way to the kitchen, they saw two coffee mugs with a note in front of them.


It was from Linda's mom. Enjoy the hot chocolate with a heart drawn next to the message. Paul could see that it meant a lot to Linda, so he hugged her and reached up to give her a kiss. She bent down far enough to let him reach her lips. Her parents were home, but that didn't stop a bulge from rising in his pants.