- Text Size +

Victor and Stephanie walked into the kitchen and saw Linda and Paul drinking hot chocolate. They also noticed that the both of them had wet hair, and were slightly peaked. Victor looked at his wife, who responded with a look that said it all: boys and girls will do what boys and girls will do. She then whispered something in her husband’s ear. And Victor looked at her and nodded.


Linda tried to act casually, asking how their day was. Stephanie said it went fine. But before she could ask her mom another question, Stephanie asked to speak with her in her room. And once they were gone, it left Victor with Paul.


Now Paul was starting to get nervous. He finally realized that her father knew what they had done. He was looking around to see if there was a way to make a quick getaway if he had to. There was none. So he looked at Victor and waited.


Victor approached him not as an enemy or irate parent, but more like a parental friend. He asked Paul how he was feeling. Paul, surprised by the question, responded that he was feeling well. Victor could see Paul was extremely uncomfortable. So he said to him that he and Linda's mom were his age once. He told Paul that he knew what happened, and before Paul could explain, Victor raised his hand and tried to calm him.


He told Paul that he normally wouldn't be happy with what had happened. But ever since the incident involving Linda, Jill, and him in the cafeteria, he knew what would eventually happen. He had prepared himself for it, he just expected it to happen later. 


But he knew how Linda felt about him, and he knew how he felt about her. And as much as he wanted to object, he couldn't, because he realized how perfect him and his daughter were together. He just asked Paul to make sure he used protection. 


------------------------------------------------------


Stephanie took Linda into her bedroom and asked her to sit. Linda had a feeling that her mom knew. And she started to panic. Her mom just looked at her and tried to reassure her that everything would be alright. Her mom gave her a small smile. That seemed to relax Linda.


Stephanie started off telling Linda that she knew what had happened. She was young once. And she understood how her daughter felt about Paul. This was a big step she took, and there was no going back. She had to be sure it was what she wanted. 


Linda looked at her mom and said it was. Paul was special, and she wouldn't lose her innocence to anyone but him.  And she hoped her mom could understand. 


Stephanie said she did. She lost her innocence to her father at just about the same age as her, and look what happened, marriage, and a wonderful daughter. Linda gave her mom a hug and thanked her for being understanding.


When Paul arrived back home he was exhausted. The lack of sleep from the night before, plus his outburst directed at Jill, and finally being intimate with Linda left him tired. He smiled and said hi to his parents, then went to his room and passed out.


Paul woke up before his alarm. His arm didn't hurt as much as it did the day before. So it was a shower, dressing, and breakfast. The bus came at the usual time, and on he went.


He said hi to John and Mindy, and went to Linda. He kissed her, then got up on his steps to sit. Linda was absolutely glowing. It was the happiest he had ever seen her. He was feeling upbeat and thought he could conquer the world. Sitting next to her had become his security blanket. Her gentle embrace, and warm body could make him feel like a king, and she was his queen.


The bus got to school, and everyone got off according to their status: Alphas, tweeners, Betas. Linda and Paul were the last ones off. However, when they exited, the unfriendly presence of Jill was close. She didn't make any threatening moves with security around, but she just wanted to remind Paul that she was “thinking about him”. She laughed and walked off.


Paul was getting mad. He had secretly decided, without telling Linda, that he was going to make a more concerted effort to avoid Jill. He knew Linda was afraid for him. Hell, he was afraid for him. But it wasn't in his nature to back down. But he would try.


Linda was upset and angry that Jill would harass them as soon as they got off the bus. She was tempted to go to the principal's office and report the incident. But it would have been Jill's word against theirs. And with no witnesses, it would be impossible to prove. 


They made it to homeroom. Paul tried his best to comfort Linda. He knew she was upset by Jill's little visit. But he wasn't worried.  As long as Linda was by his side, he felt on top of the world.


As the morning gave way to lunch, they noticed Jill lurking more and more. As long as security was there, she wouldn't do anything. But she was letting both Paul and Linda know that she was still around. 


Lunch came. The cafeteria was crowded. Another day with students seemingly taking forever to get to their tables. While Paul and Linda were waiting for John and Mindy to take their seats, George, sitting with Alice at their new table, spotted Jill heading towards her new targets. George got up and stood in front of Paul and Linda, trying to act as a deterrent. 


But Jill was having none of it. She reached George and shoved him out of the way. She was about to reach the couple when security intervened. Three guards stopped her, and escorted her to the office. It earned Jill another 3 day suspension. The principal was getting frustrated because he couldn't do what he needed to do and expel her. Instead, she was at the third check mark. He couldn't do anything until she reached 10. 


With Jill out of school for another three days, Linda was able to relax, but she knew Jill would be back. And when she returned, it would be with bad intent.


Meanwhile, Alice had a talk with George about the incident. He wasn't small by any means, but Jill was able to shove him out of the way without much trouble. Alice reminded him that this was why she didn't want them to get involved. George, frustrated by the incident, looked up at Alice and told her that he wasn't in the mood for her to tell him what they shouldn't do. She needed to understand that by not doing anything now would force her to do more later. 


Alice was upset. She loved George, but his insistence about protecting Paul and Linda was becoming an issue between them. She understood his points, but he needed to understand her point: this was not a fight worth getting involved in. Security was patrolling the school, and they would keep the couple safe.


But the rest of the day passed without incident. Everyone got on their bus, and Paul and Linda got dropped off at her house. Linda's parents were home, so their would be no round two, but they were content with the day before being their first