- Text Size +

Linda and Paul were on the bus heading to her house. Her parents wouldn't be there, and she was excited. Alone time with Paul never seemed to work out. Her parents always seemed to arrive at the worst possible time. But today would be different. Today would be the day.


The bus pulled up at her house, and Linda's heart sank. The van was in the driveway. Her parents were home. She wanted to cry. Her chance to be alone with Paul, truly alone, was over before it started. 


Paul could sense her disappointment. He was looking forward to spending some time alone with Linda, but he understood life sometimes got in the way. He used his right arm to bring her head down and kissed her, and told her that he loved her. She smiled a forced smile and said she loved him. Off the bus they went.


Linda and Paul entered the house, and saw her parents in the kitchen. They both hugged their daughter and Paul. By now, Paul was eating dinner with the Mills more than his own family. 


When Paul had his cookout, both their parents had as much fun getting to know each other as the kids did. They couldn't get over the fact that when Linda's parents would describe how she felt about Paul, his parents would basically repeat what the Mills said. They figured it was serious.


And ever since that dreaded night being grilled, Paul grew pretty close to her parents. And Victor and Stephanie realized the fact that Paul had become such a big part of Linda's life, he had become a big part of theirs.


While Linda and her mom moved off to room with the makeshift table, Paul wanted to know if he could ask Victor a question. Linda's dad said sure. Paul wanted to know if Linda was ever disappointed that she never became an Alpha. The reason why he asked is she never talked about it and he never asked her about it. He had wanted to, but didn't know if it was a touchy subject with her. He really wanted to know about her and her life, but didn't know if certain things were off limits.


Victor looked at him thoughtfully. He said that at first, him and his wife suspected that she was. She had close friends in school when they each took their own variant. But as it became clear that the one Linda took wasn't going to produce what was promised, and the size gap increased, her friends drifted apart from her, and hung around kids their own size. 


He knew his daughter was hurt by this. It wasn't until one of her old, close friend had a birthday party, and Linda wasn't invited that she broke down in tears. That was when they decided to homeschool her. They didn't want her to face the cruelty of the Alphas. Their daughter was the kindest person they knew, yet her old friends just dropped her because she wasn't their size.


He said that Linda came to accept what her height would be. And with her mother homeschooling her, she always had someone to talk to when there were issues, women issues. 


Paul asked another question. What was it like adapting to a house that was too big for all of them. Victor replied that it wasn't as hard as they thought. The house came with so many implements, risers, and other things, once a person worked out a system, it became second nature. 


By then Linda and her mom came back out to the kitchen. Paul thought that Linda looked a lot happier than she did earlier. Whatever her mom said to her cheered her up.


Linda asked Paul if he wanted to join her outside, and Paul couldn't say yes fast enough. It had been a beautiful fall day, and the sun was starting to set.


Once outside, Linda sat on one of the oversized chairs that came with the house. Once seated, she lifted Paul onto her lap and held him tight as looked at the beautiful auburn sky.


Linda told Paul, that if he and his parents wanted to, they could have Thanksgiving dinner here, with her family. Paul thought it was the best idea he heard in a while, and promised to talk to his parents as soon as he got home.


Eventually, the conversation turned towards school, and Jill. Paul told Linda that her suspension wouldn't do anything to change her behavior. She just had something about her that gave her pleasure when she was physically hurting someone. 


But she wouldn't be back until Friday, so the tweeners had a much needed break. Paul also brought up his conversation with Alice. He told Linda that he sensed that something had changed with her. He just didn't know what. She wasn't this menacing bully, but since she met the Alpha George, seemed to find a peace within herself. But he then added that he wasn't a psychologist, so he couldn't be sure. 


As the sun was nearly set, Paul looked up at Linda, and thought that the glow from the fading sun made her look like a goddess. He used his left arm to bring her head down and kissed her like never before. All his feelings that he had for her came flowing through that kiss.


Linda responded with her own passionate kiss, and noticed the considerable bulge in his pants. Without thinking she put her hand over his covered member, before realizing what she had done. She immediately apologized to him, and he burst out laughing.


She asked him what was so funny. He stopped laughing, and with a serious look in his eye, told her that she never, ever had to apologise to him for anything. He loved her, and whatever he had belonged to her. And then he kissed her again.


They were so deep in their kissing that they didn't hear Linda's mom telling them that dinner was ready. It was only after the fifth time that they realized what was being said. 


Paul got off of Linda's lap, and as soon as she stood up, they made their way into the house. Linda's dad was already seated when he asked the two of them if they noticed the sunset. He gave a small smile, and saw Paul and Linda blush. He knew. He had been young once and very much in love.