- Text Size +

The image of Alice dressed as Athena was all anyone could talk about the next school day. She looked stunning, and eyes were on her the whole night.


During homeroom, Mrs Janeway asked Paul if he could go to the principal’s office and get a folder she left there. He responded no problem. And off he went.


He headed for the door, when it opened, and out stepped another exceptionally tall Alpha girl. She turned around just in time to see Paul approaching. 


She touched his arm and said hi. Paul said hi back, but he felt a jolt of negative energy with her touch. He couldn't explain it. Something about her didn't feel right, but after saying hi, went into the office and got the folder.


He returned to class, gave Mrs Janeway her folder, and took his seat. He gave a look to Linda indicating that he needed to talk to her after class.


Home room ended, and Paul and Linda caught up with each other. Linda asked him what was up. Paul responded he didn't know, but described the girl coming out of the office, and how he got a tremendous negative vibe from her touching his arm. He just wanted her to be careful. She said she would. They headed to their first class when word spread about a new student, a sophomore, that enrolled earlier. Jill was her name. And according to people's description, was as tall as Alice.


And as the day progresses towards lunch, Paul had seen Jill a couple of times in the hallway. She seemed to ignore any male Alpha, instead focusing on tweeners. And it seemed to Paul that what started off as friendly conversations all ended up with the tweener looking like fear crept over his face.


Lunch came. Paul told Todd to be careful. The new girl,Jill, seemed to have a thing for tweeners, and there was something about her that rubbed him the wrong way. Todd appreciated the heads up.


Paul noticed Jill sitting with a bunch of girls, while she kept glancing at Alice. Alice seemed to ignore her. In fact, Paul noticed a male Alpha sitting with her. And more unbelievable still, she seemed to be smiling.


Paul had seen this guy around, but he usually kept to himself. He was a senior, and slightly shorter than Alice. But he didn't look out of place next to her. It wouldn't surprise Paul if the outfit Alice had worn to the dance inspired other Alphas to try and become brave and press their luck.


It was on the way to last class that he saw Jill talking to a tweener. It was Todd. Paul asked Linda to hold his books, but assured her that he only wanted to get near so he could hear the conversation. She agreed.


So Paul made his way to the area where Todd and Jill were. He noticed that she had a hold of his arm. He attempted to get as close as possible. He needed to hear what was being said. 


From what he could tell, Jill was asking him about certain boys who were tweeners. Paul had noticed that any guy she talked to was a tweener. Now she was inquiring about others. He wondered about her thing with tweeners. 


He heard Todd say that he really didn't know about other boys. He kept to himself. Jill replied that he shouldn't be so modest. A strong handsome tweener like him probably had lots of friends. Todd's face was showing discomfort as she spoke, he grip becoming a tiny bit tighter.


Paul wanted to act, but knew that Jill wouldn't be hesitant about proving her superiority. He reached in his pocket and had three quarters. He backed up around a locker, then acted like he was turning the corner and dropped the money on the floor.


This caused Jil to turn in his direction. She looked at Paul and said he looked familiar. Paul said he gets that a lot. And she snapped her fingers. The office, she said. Oh yes, Paul feigned. She was so fixated on Paul that she didn't notice Todd sneak away. When she turned to face him she noticed that he was gone. 


She told Paul that he made her let some guy go, and she owed him the three quarters as payment. Paul stifled a laugh. Alphas didn't use Beta money. Their hands were too big. 


She wanted to know what was funny. Paul said that he thought a girl as attractive as her would have Alpha guys drooling over her. 


She bent down as far as she could go and told him that she didn't need dating advice from some Beta pipsqueak. And then she strongly suggested that he be on his way. 


He apologized for offending her, and turned to leave, only to be stopped by her giant hand. He turned and looked up at her. She said that he still owed her three quarters, which he deposited in her hand. She released him and he left.


Paul got back to Linda breathing heavy. He told her that Jill definitely had a thing for tweeners. She had a hold of Todd's arm, and was starting to cause him pain. He had to think of a way to let him sneak out of there, before she hurt him.


Linda bent over and gave him a kiss and said she was proud of him. And he took back his books and they walked to last class together.