- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I was planning on taking a short break in order to make sure I could progress the story, but this popped up in my mind. There will probably be a follow up. I apologise for the slower paced chapters, but I wanted to slow things done before the story picks up again. Thank You and hope you enjoy!

After lunch, the afternoon flew by. And then the day was over, and the bus was boarded. For the first time in weeks, Paul was really happy, with no negative thoughts. He kept replaying the scene with Linda over and over in his mind. He never thought that he would ever feel like this about someone, but that’s the effect Linda had on him. 


As Paul was about to take his usual seat next to Linda, she decided to have a little fun. Paul was bending down to sit when he felt Linda’s arms bring him to her lap. Even sitting on her, his eyes only came up to her mouth. But damn, he thought, what a beautiful mouth it was. He used his left arm to bring her head down to kiss her. And Linda felt a warmness come over her.


Paul's house was the first stop for the bus. He agreed that he would call Linda after he helped his mom with a project she was working on. He couldn't wait to talk to her.


Paul got off the bus, and bounced into the house. He asked his parents if he could have his friends over Sunday for a cookout. His parents said yes. Paul then made an unusual request: could his parents rent an Alpha sized port-a-potty for Sunday. His parents thought he was joking. But he explained that two of the people coming were tweeners, around 8’ tall. They would never fit in the house to use the bathroom. And one of them was Linda.


His parents were a little shocked. When Linda's parents dropped Paul off the other night, it was dark, and they couldn't see inside the vehicle very well. 


But Paul said that she was a tweener and meant a lot to him. And he described her as beautiful, with a personality to match. His parents said yes. Paul was filled with images of Linda as he helped his mom.


When Linda got home, she excitedly asked her mom if she could talk to her in her room. Her mom said no problem. And once alone, Linda told her mom about everything that happened during the day, leaving out no detail. 


Her mom didn't have the reaction that Linda was expecting. Her mom excused herself and left. She returned 5 minutes later with her husband. They ask Linda to sit. 


Her dad wanted to know if his daughter truly knew if Paul felt the same way about her, truly felt, and not bullshitting her. Linda said she was 100% sure. They asked Linda to call Paul, and ask him if they could pick him up in an hour.


Linda had a look of confusion and worry. She said she would call right now. She went to the kitchen and got the phone and dialed the number for Paul's house.


An unfamiliar voice answered the phone. It was a man, probably his father, she thought. He said hello. Linda introduced herself and asked if Paul was available. 


The voice said he was Paul's father, Greg. And he was excited to finally be able to talk to Linda, the only name his son has been saying since the first day of school. 


That brought a smile to Linda's face. Paul's dad said that he was coming to the phone, and told her that he was glad to finally hear a voice for the name.


Paul said hello to Linda, but before he could say anything else, Linda asked if it would be ok if her parents picked him up in an hour.


Paul said no problem, he would ready. And with that, the conversation was over, and Paul took a quick shower, and put on nice clothes. He was going to see his Linda, he was happy. 


Linda's vehicle arrived, and Paul told his parents he would be back later, and out the door he went. Paul said hi to Linda's dad, and opened the door and got in. And right next to Linda.


They were speaking like they didn't have a care in the world, but Paul noticed that her father kept looking at him, which was a little unnerving.


Once they reached Linda's house, they exited the vehicle and entered through the door. Linda's mom asked her daughter to wait in her room. Linda was going to object, but seeing the faces of her parents, obeyed.


Once she was in her room, they asked Paul to have a seat. He looked around and only saw two chairs and the sofa, so he asked them if they preferred him on the chair or sofa. They asked him to sit on the sofa. 


Linda's dad spoke first. He knew everything that happened earlier in the day. He wanted to know what Paul's intentions were regarding his daughter. Paul took a deep breath. He replied that he truly cared for and loved Linda. And he would do anything to protect her and keep her safe. Anything.


Linda's mom asked him how he intended to protect her when he couldn't protect himself from a freshman Alpha girl. Paul was speechless. He never knew that Linda knew what happened that day, let alone told her parents.


Paul said that he probably couldn't, but that even at 8’, Linda wouldn't be able to protect herself against an Alpha. And neither could they. But at least he would be able to be by her side. He would never leave her. And if necessary, he would give his life to protect her. He said this while tears were welling up in his eyes.


Linda's parents could feel Paul's emotions rising. And he was starting to get very emotional. They looked at each other and realized Paul was correct. Linda wouldn't be able to defend herself against an Alpha. And they couldn't either. But with Paul, she wouldn't be alone.


They apologized to Paul for the Inquisition. They just needed to make sure that he would be true to their daughter. They asked Linda to come to the living room.


Once she was there, she saw Paul was upset. She asked her parents what they said to him. 

Her parents said that they only needed to find out how he really felt about their daughter, and that they are satisfied. 


They apologized to Paul and asked him to stay for dinner. Paul accepted the invitation. And Linda and her mom got going on dinner.