- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is the story I've written for my Deviant Art page. I'll be posting it chapter-for-chapter here, but the whole story is available on DA. This version has been revised and expanded a little, since the original was written over a couple of years and may not feel as consistent.

This will be a 100% gentle giantess story from start to finish, so don't expect anything too wild in here. But if that's what you prefer, i hope you'll enjoy it!

My name is Ben Sullivan, and my first experience with miniaturization happened when I was eighteen years old, during my final year of high school. At that time, I was living with my mother, Lauren, and nine-year-old sister, Emily. It was the start of the winter holidays, and, as was usual for that time of the year, I had very little to do. Almost all of my friends were away for the holidays and there was little I could do but spend most of my time at home, playing games online or watching TV, although sometimes I would go for a walk outside my house. This particular holiday, though, would turn out to be very different than usual.

On a cold Saturday in the middle of November, I was lying on my bed and reading the latest bestseller when my mother knocked on my bedroom door. She was a tall, elegant woman of 44, standing 5’10” tall. She had long, flowing blonde hair, as did my little sister. My mom worked at a medical and biological research facility located just outside the city limits, although at the moment she was taking a couple of days off from work. She came in and sat down at the foot of my bed, and I asked her if anything was wrong.

“Ben…how would you like to take part in an experiment I’m currently working on?” she asked hesitantly. “I can tell that you’re pretty bored right now, and this might be a fun thing for us to do.”

“Umm…okay. What kind of experiment is it, Mom?”

“Well, for now it’s still supposed to be a complete secret, but, if everything goes according to plan, we’ll definitely make it known to the public somewhere down the line. It’s part of something I’m busy working on at my lab…and I’d like you to be my test subject.”

“Test subject? You mean, like, a guinea pig? It’s not dangerous or anything, right?”

“No, of course not! Well, at any rate, it shouldn’t be, not if we follow basic safety regulations. It’s just…well, a bit bizarre, that’s all. Not something I’d like to advertise to the wider world, if you understand me.”

I didn’t understand at all, in fact, so I asked her to explain exactly what it was she wanted me to do.

“I’ve developed a new medicinal formula that affects the human body. It’s part of a larger project aimed at attempting to eliminate, or at least reduce, the problems of overpopulation and worldwide food shortages. If it’s successful, it could be quite the breakthrough!”

“Okay, so what does this formula of yours do?”

“Well…to put it simply…it’s a shrinking formula.”

“A what?!”

I sat up straight when I heard that. Did she just say ‘shrinking formula?’ Mom laughed when she saw the shock on my face.

“Yes, you heard correctly!” she said, laughing. “It’s a formula that, when ingested, will decrease your size and weight by altering the scale of your constituent molecules. You’ll be reduced in size, but you’ll still look and feel exactly like yourself.”

“What, really? Wait, so how small is this going to make me?”

“Well, I’d like to do the experiment in stages. By which I mean, you’ll be shrunk down to ever-smaller sizes over the next three weeks or so. The first potion will reduce you to about one-quarter of your original height – so about eighteen inches, I’m guessing, assuming you’re now about six feet tall. And after that – well, who knows? I’d like to shrink you as small as possible, to see how your body copes with each new size.”

“Wow, no way! That’s impossible!”

“Well, that’s what we’re going to find out,” she said, smiling. “Don’t worry, you don’t have to decide right away…and if you don’t want to do it, that’s totally fine. But, on the other hand, being shrunk to a tiny size could be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for you, something you’ll remember for the rest of your life.”

“How…how long do the effects of the potion last? It’s not permanent, is it?”

“It is permanent, but there is an antidote – a re-enlargement potion, so to speak. However, in order for me to perform the full experiment, I will need to shrink you gradually over a period of at least three weeks. At the end of that time period, I will give you the re-enlargement formula and you will return to your normal size in about a week or so.”

I sat and thought about all of this. It sounded so farfetched, but also strangely enticing. Mom got up from my bed and headed for the door. She turned back to me and spoke again.

“If it sounds like something you’d like to try, let me know. I already have a sample of the formula here at home. On the other hand, if it sounds a bit too much for you to handle, that’s okay too. I can always find another test subject. I could of course test it on myself, but then, who’ll be able to record all the data I need?”

“What about Emily? Couldn’t you test the formula on her?”

“I could…but I’d rather have a subject who’s more-or-less fully physically developed – an adult, in other words. Like you, dear. Emily’s still busy growing, and I don’t know if the formula will affect her differently than expected.”

“I get it. Well, okay then…I’ll think about it. I’ll let you know by tomorrow, okay?”

She smiled and left the room. I lay back and tried to absorb everything she had told me. If what she said was true, she could shrink me down to the size of a baby – and even smaller. At that moment I remembered a dream I first had long ago, when I was still a little kid. In the dream I woke up to find myself shrunk, and everything around me was massive compared to me. I couldn’t remember the details of the dream, but I did remember that the whole experience had fascinated me, and ever since then being shrunk had been a secret little fantasy of mine, almost a desire. If Mom’s formula works, this could be my chance to live out that fantasy.

I decided not to wait for tomorrow, so that night, at the dinner table, I told my mom that I wanted to do it. She seemed surprised that I had made up my mind so soon.

“You can still back out if you want to, Ben,” she said to me. “Remember, I’m not forcing you to do this, and the next month won’t be an easy time for you. You’ll be tiny and almost completely helpless, and I’ll have to take care of you the whole time you’re shrunk. You’ll be giving up your freedom, essentially.”

“Yeah…you’re right,” I admitted. “But…I actually think it sounds like it could be fun, to be honest. And you said there wasn’t anything to be afraid of, so…what the hell, I guess! Besides, three weeks isn’t that long of a time, and what else is there for me to do right now in any case?”

My mother nodded in agreement and we spent the rest of dinnertime talking about what the experience would be like for me. Emily seemed pretty quiet the whole time, almost as if she didn’t like the idea at all. After dinner, Mom left the table and headed for her room, returning with a leather briefcase. Inside were several vials, each containing a transparent liquid. She took out one of the vials and carefully unscrewed the lid.

“This is the size reduction formula,” she explained. “Once you drink it, the miniaturization process will begin immediately. It’ll take about twelve hours, though, so you’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning before the process is complete. The formula also contains an ingredient that’ll help you fall asleep quickly, so you’ll probably want to go to bed right after taking it.”

I took the vial in my hand and examined it. It was just a plain, water-like liquid in a glass tube, nothing remarkable to look at. Hesitating for a long moment, I finally worked up the courage to drink it, which I did all at once. It tasted bitter and I immediately reached for my glass of juice to wash the taste down.

“How do you feel?” Emily asked, looking very anxious. I could tell she was afraid for me, almost as if she thought she’d lose her big brother somehow. However, she seemed a tiny bit excited as well.

“Uh…still the same, I guess,” I replied. “Just a little tired, though, so I guess you were right about going to bed early tonight, Mom.”

“That’s a good idea, Ben,” my mother said. “I’ll check in on you early tomorrow morning and then we’ll see whether the formula was successful or not.”

“Is there a chance that it…won’t work?” I asked. I was actually starting to regret my decision now…but it was too late to turn back.

“Perhaps…but we’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we?” She smiled knowingly, as if she knew that it was going to work. “Sleep well, dear.”

“See you tomorrow!” Emily said, as I headed up the stairs to my room. I felt rather drowsy, as if all of my energy had been drained away, and just moving around took a lot of effort. At first, I couldn’t tell if I had started to shrink or not. However, as I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I noticed that my clothing felt rather loose. And when I stood at the washing basin, I saw that it was now at the level of my waist, not at the level of my hips like it had always been.

“I guess it’s really happening,” I thought fearfully. “Oh God, why did I ever agree to do this? What if Mom can’t change me back to normal again? How am I even going to be able to sleep tonight?”

That last concern, however, turned out to be no problem at all. The formula must’ve had some pretty strong stuff in it, because I soon felt incredibly numb and sleepy, so I climbed into my bed and turned off the lights. I was soon fast asleep, dreaming the same dream I had once had, all those years ago. Only this time the dream was about to become a reality.