- Text Size +

Chapter 8

 

The 4 mile tall Patricia stomped through the landscape, squashing village after village, crunching entire woods and destroying miles upon miles of highway. She walked on purpose over the small, grey lints that were six lanes of a highway, turning them into impassable rubble. That way she destroyed infrastructure worth millions each passing second. Not to mention the countless cars, occupied or no, she carelessly crushed.

She was so mighty! Whatever men had built toiling and investing countless hours of work and huge amounts of money in, she just trampled it all down like nothing. Her every whim was enough to cause enormous economic and environmental damage, not to mention loss of human life. But she didn't care. She was a giantess, so huge, and far above the puny ethics, works and personal sufferings of those mites at her feet. Heck, they should only build things for the sole purpose to please her, spending months to complete a building worth at least a hundred millions just for her to crush it under her sole in a split second, to give her a brief moment of pleasure.

Smiling smugly, she saw her feet crushing a four-leaf clover highway, the colorful dots of cars being reduced to scrap by the dozens. When she was her normal height, she would have been able to buy such a car like others would buy a pair of socks, but now, she simply crushed them like tiny grains of metallic rice. Along with the highway.

The arrogant giantess wondered where she should go. New York, like the first time? Though on the other side of the continent, she could walk there easily, crushing everything in her path. What could she do in New York she wondered?

Patricia imagined tearing the Wall Street Building from the ground. Then she, Patricia would hold the center of world economics literally in the palm of her hand! Gigantic fingers loomed like impending doom over the small building in her imagination. She only needed to close her hand, and it was gone!

"I am so powerful," she thought. "I can literally devour the worlds economy. Everybody has to bow to my will!"

Patricia thought about opening her huge mouth and let the Wall street building drop into it. Then she chewed it up, crushing the stock market between her teeth. She had then literally eaten the rich, gobbled up all her competitors and those that might be that one day. 

She smiled. Being so huge was so satisfying!

Her stomach rumbled. She became hungry, also thanks to thinking about eating. But what to eat? Looking down, she saw the city of Portland in the distance, as well as something that gave her an idea. A large train station. Grinning, she walked towards it.

Having arrived in Portland, crushing a few suburbs without notice or care, Patricia scooped up the trains, holding the wealth of an entire railroad company in her huge hands, and walked towards a now empty, because evacuated, sports stadium. She dropped the trains into it, then shoved her hands underneath the building, which had the size of a bowl to her. A shove, and the giantess tore it from its foundations. 

Smiling, she walked towards the Pacific, taking care she stepped on several expensive beach resorts and hotels doing so, and walked a few miles into the ocean. Bending over, she dipped the sports stadium in the sea, letting it fill with briny water.

She left Portland for her next goal. The Mount Rainier volcano.

As she walked towards it, she again crushed buildings, cars, trees and people by the hundreds without giving them as much as a thought. Standing in front of the mountain, small compared to her gigantic size, she peered in its crater. Nothing.

Patricia stomped hard on the ground. Huge clouds of dust formed around her foot, spreading out like circles in a pond after a pebble fell into it, gobbling up and destroying whatever was in their path for half a mile. The few buildings still standing collapsed from the vibrations her stomp caused. A hill cracked. But her stomp caused something else as well.

The volcano became active again.

In its crater, magma boiled up, and a small puff of smoke mulched out of it. Patricia smiled, that had been her aim.

She put the sports stadium on the crater, waiting until the sea water began to boil. Using the volcano as a heater, she cooked the water and the trains in it, not caring whether there where still people in it or no.

After having boiled the trains a few minutes, she carefully picked up the bowl and poured the water out while keeping the trains in. The boiling hot, bubbling water flooded a nearby village, immediately killing its inhabitants as well as all the trees and shrubs of a nearby forest. Patricia put the stadium down and sat cross-legged in front of it.

"Hhhmmm. Noodles! I love Italian! Yummy!" she said. Then she picked a train, still fuming but not too hot, and ate it. Another train she let dangle from her mouth before sucking it in like a real noodle, its cars helplessly disappearing in her huge mouth.

Patricia ate train after train, savoring the metallic taste. Did she also taste flesh? Maybe some cars had been occupied.

"Aaah, noodles filled with meat. Delicious," she thought, grinning, eating two long trains at once.

The giantess devoured all of the trains, enough for a small railroad company. A nearby plane, trying to avoid her, was caught like a libella and scooped in her mouth too. It crunched nicely as her gigantic teeth flattened the aluminum like thin foil.

From the corner of her eyes, the still seated giantess saw a few army gunships approach, barely bigger than hornets. No doubt they wanted to attack her. Again. As they flew over the crater with the still hot magma inside, Patricia felt a stir in her stomach.

She turned towards the crater just as the gunships were flying over it.

BBBUUURRRPPP!!!!

WOOOSSHH!

Patricia's stomach acid, having reacted with the metal of the trains and plane, had filled her belly with hydrogen. She had burped the highly flammable gas at the magma, which ignited it. The resulting inferno engulfed the gunships, making them explode instantly.

The giantess grinned. "Pathetic you are! I can destroy your gunships by merely belching! Ha, ha!" she mocked the blackened, smoking wrecks lying on the mountain slope.

She stood up, raised her arms and cried out "MORE! I WANT MORE! MORE HEIGHT! MORE GROWTH! I WANT TO GROW SO HUGE THE ENTIRE EARTH IS NOTHING TO ME!"

Her call did not go unheard, both literally and as a figure of speech.