- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I may or may not have accidentally deleted the old story, to make up for It, I’ll try to post more stories in the future.
Location:
The sphere builders are located in, and the main cause of, the Boötes void. It is unknown if they are the cause of other, smaller voids in the universe, but most reports come from this region of the universe. The galaxies are there in the void, it’s just that all the stars are covered by giant Dyson spheres. Each sphere has a pair of sphere builders inside, possible more under certain circumstances.

Appearance:
Sphere Builders are incredibly tall. Juveniles are typically between five to six hundred feet tall. Adolescent ones are between two and three thousand feet tall. Finally fully grown sphere builders can reach up to a mile in height. After a certain point, they stop getting taller and live eternally at their adult height.
Sphere builders are rather close to hominids in appearance, with a few differences. Firstly, their skin is naturally a pigment of blue, ranging from cyan to navy. They walk in their toes and the ball of their feet, each foot having three toes. Each one has two pairs of arms, three fingers on each hand. They have four eyes on their heads, which can move independently. Finally their hair is usually white, sometimes grey when young. Aside from those differences, the sphere builders are almost identical to humans.

Spread:
When two sphere builders reach adolescence, they will inherit their parents ship and head over to the nearest available star system. Once they arrive, they scan each world for life. If intelligent life is found, it’s preserved while the ship tears apart the solar system in order to build the sphere, every solid mass in the system will be processed into making the sphere. Once the sphere is done, the two sphere builders will exit the ship onto their sphere to begin their new lives as Gods.

Culture:
Despite being as technologically advanced as they are, the main goal of the sphere builders seems to be to simply reproduce. Once locked inside of their sphere, they become too big to enter their ship and so are stuck there. They don’t communicate with others of their own kind and seem content being the rulers of their primitive pets. Once they succeed in raising a pair of kids, and they leave, they will spend the rest of eternity with their partner on said sphere.

Reproduction:
The life cycle of a sphere builder, if you can even call it that, starts with a pair of them being born. Sphere builders are always born in pairs, one male and one female. It is unknown if they had some genetic engineering done on themselves in the past, since most records have been lost to time. After being born, the little creatures can fit in their parents' palm, but they did their part, so they release their kids into the sphere to grow and bond. Unlike the immortal adults, the young need to eat to survive so over the next few thousand years, they will feast on the inhabitants of the sphere for nutrition. As the pair grow and play with one another, they bond, sphere builders seems to not suffer any ill effects from incest, In fact, it almost seems like they depend on it. Due to the size of the parents and their nature to ignore their offspring, one or even both can be accidentally killed. If this happens, the other one in the pair will cease functioning as an intelligent being. Then it’s only a matter of time until it’s found and eaten by it’s mother to help the next pair develop in her womb.
If a pair successfully reaches a few thousand feet tall, they no longer need to eat and will finish growing naturally. The two will proceed to the ship and leave, ready to make their own home among the stars. Once the two get a sphere and finish growing to maturity, they will mate. A pregnant female has to eat to help her fetuses grow and develop until ready for birth.
Sphere builders seem to suffer no ill effects from time and aging. Even pregnancy and growing large seem undefeated by time, only by amount eaten. The former can last a few hundred to a few thousand years, and if the pair want to play more than eat, it could take millions of years for them to reach maturity.

Interactions with Others:
When the sphere builder's ship arrives in a new system and discovers new alien life. Each living individual will have their DNA saved to the ship's databanks, along with general city architecture. Said intelligent life would temporarily go extinct as its home world is torn to shreds to be used as material to build the sphere. Once the sphere is complete, they will be recreated in one massive city somewhere inside the sphere each one with the exact memories and body at the moment they were saved. The saved being can continue their lives as they did before, society might reform or collapse. The only real worry is now looking out for huge feet or mouths coming down onto their cities. The saved beings are allowed to do almost anything from warring and even enslaving other saved species, to expanding, to even building miniature ships to reach new parts of the sphere, but they are not allowed to make themselves or other saved species go extinct, they can’t try to resist the will of their overlords, and they must never escape the sphere. Any broken rules will usually lead to death.
Saved species can be reloaded over and over as more are added to the database. This means that one being can live a trillion lives, each one with a new pair of sphere builders, completely unaware of his or her other duplicates. As for the saved, some oldest sphere builder ships have billions of civilizations saved inside of them, so each time they start life anew, there are countless cities for them to use as they see fit.
Every few million years or so, the sphere builders will issue a decree to their subjects, this can be anything from building a massive temple for the builders to rest in to starting a sphere wide war for their amusement. Due to their immortal nature, the builders will simply wait for the beings to complete their request, usually over the span of countless generations.
Over the last few millennia, more and more ships have been seen leaving the void and going to the surrounding galaxies. So if you think the sphere builders have entered your galaxy, it’s ether time to move out, or pray to your new deity.