- Text Size +

Rose:
Nobody answered any of your questions - if that soldier in the shower room wasn't tracking you with his eyes you would suspect he's completely ignoring you. As you finish the shower after a while and come to the locker room, there's a shout outside: "Ten-hut!" - followed by - "At ease, marines." - and a figure enters the room, easily 6'6 and despite his advanced age.. late 50s to early 60s, he is still packing some serious muscles - he could probably take on guys half his age on equal footing. He also appears to be wearing a simple uniform: no medals, no rank.. not even a name plate. Just a standard green camo and a matching hat.

Without a word, the soldier in the locker room salutes instantly and very energetically - but he doesn't turn away or even take his eyes away from you. The new guy just nods at the soldier, looks at you and comments: "It'll be all here for now, you can wait outside" - to which soldier simply responds: "Sir! Yes sir!" - and leaves the room immediately.

The guy clearly in charge sighs, removes his cap showing a bald scalp and speaks to you: "So, if it isn't the famous Michael."

Mike:
"Ma-!...uhhhh....miss Rose! Wait...gahhh damn it all..." The officer was helpless to do anything as your massive body turned and began walking away without a second glance. "Cancel that jumpsuit! I need every female private to bring me their personal swimwear...don't question me son, just do it! And somebody get a boat a go after her!" He yelled into the other radio before clinching his teeth in anger. This girl was knew exactly how to press his buttons...

----

I wrapped a towel around my waist before the commander made his impressive entrance. Something about this felt...off...like my instincts were telling me that I was in danger, yet so far these soldiers hadn't shown any signs of aggression but I still couldn't shake this feeling...
"Famous? I wouldn't really say that Mister.......?" I extend my hand to greet the towering man, causing the remaining soldier in the shower to ready his weapon only to be waved off by the superior officer and replace it against his shoulder.

Rose:
I giggle hearing the soldier guy reaction but doesn't stop - instead I casually, but carefully, walk down the river. I make sure I don't splash the water too much.. I don't want to flood anything after all. Then I notice: "Oh look there's a cute lil' bridge on the way!" - I carefully step over it and giggle when I notice some cars turning around and driving away from it in a hurry. I look ahead and notice ocean is pretty close already.. another minute worth of walk or so. Except the water is awfully muddy around here...

----

"Oh, I'm sorry." - except he says it like it should be you who were apologizing right now - "I'm not in the habit of not being recognized." - he reaches his right hand towards you in a greeting casually, and introduces himself: "Colonel Charles Taggart." - again, saying it in a slightly annoying tone as if you somehow should've known this already. He doesn't say anything else for a while and just stares at you.

Mike:
"Rose! My priorities are to protect civilians and limit exposure." The officer flinched, half expecting you to bulldoze your way through the structure and sighing in relief when you stepped over it before turning his attention to an approaching boat.
"You'll be making the delivery." He ordered

[Private] "But sir...how am I supposed to do that?"

The officer scowled and didnt answer the private's question. "What's the status on that swimwear? I need it here asap."

[Random voice on radio] "Sir, we're gathering up everything we can. It'll be about 10 minutes."

"Make it 5!" He responded before looking back at the waiting private.
"I'm sure she'll do most of the heavy lifting. I just need you to get it to her."

---

"Pleasure to meet you Colonel Taggart, I'm Michael...Michael Dunn...but something tells me you already knew that." I replied, giving the man the respect that his presence demanded. "Thanks for the hospitality, but what exactly brings you here? I know it's a military base and all but...I'm just a civilian."

Rose:
As I walk ahead, I wave my hand left and right happily and comment: "Aww, what a cute little base and town hiii everyone hihi!" When looking to my right I notice a few tiny marinas and boats bouncing up and down in the ripples caused by my walking... Except they must be still quite some waves! Well of course they are - but they don't breach into the town or anything like that.. maybe a couple feet tall when compared to like.. the scale of normal sized stuff. Of course when I calculate.. less than a millimeter to me? Yeah, I'm really being careful!

----

He replies with the same tired, slightly annoyed tone: "It came to our attention that you appear to have some influence over, should we say, certain individuals. Except, we would like to clarify what that 'influence' would be exactly. And, in particular, whether it would be beneficial to our case or... not." - somehow he makes the last word appear like a threat. Or maybe it's just your imagination.

Mike:
The waves created by your innocent strolling crashed against the dock in front of the officer as he plotted his next move.

[Soldier] "Sir! We gathered every piece of swimwear within the base."

The officer looked towards the private, then down towards the standard issue duffel bag in his hands before unmuting his radio. "Miss Rose, we have the clothes you requested. I'm going to have two of my men follow you down the river in a boat. Please continue to use caution and avoid any sudden movements." He requested before looking at the private and the boat driver and nodding, effectively giving them the go ahead without having to repeat himself.
The private loaded the bag I to the boat and stepped aboard, making sure he was secured before the driver sped off after you.

----

"Me? Influence? You've got to be kidding me. In case you weren't paying attention...she freaking ate me...twice technically. What makes you think..." I paused. Something about the colonel's tone of voice was unsettling. What exactly was he insinuating?
"I mean...I suppose I did have some kind of...influence over her. She does seem to care about me more than...just a friend...at least I think she does." I looked around at my surroundings, at the colonel, the one armed guard, and the only doorway. I didn't want to try anything yet, but I did want to make sure I had the situation assessed should the need arise.

Rose:
"Oh silly! I still need to take a bath, remember? Sure you can bring them over, but there's no hurry hihi! Oh and of course I'll be careful, but.. please do let me know when they approach me.. it may be difficult for me to spot it and everything. As you can probably imagine haha!"

When I pass the last town on my right, the area turns into more of a swamp-looking one and when I take another step in the river.. my foot sinks into the wet soil an inch or so "Eww, muck!" - I whisper to myself slightly disgusted, but continue towards the ocean. With the river getting deeper here, sinking into the riverbed makes it deep enough to almost cover my ankles - so I pause to tuck the jeans a little. Wouldn't want to wet them after all... Of course only after doing it I realize they'll have to be washed anyway due to all the mud. Oh well, one problem at a time!

----

"There's no cause for alarm, mr. Dunn, there are no threats for you here." - he comments, obviously having decades of experience reading people's behaviour - "But please do recount for me, how did she come about to change her mind away from being determined to 'consume', should we say, some 'unfortunate' individuals?"

Mike:
The two soldiers continued to follow you while their boat bounced along the medium sized waves. Neither one of them spoke a word, they were each lost in their own thoughts. Thoughts of their families, their friends, times spent overseas and the bonds they had formed with each other all ran through their minds.
"You know what to do men, just keep things simple and we'll get through this. She seems to be in good spirit so let's try to keep it that way" The officers voice spoke over their radios, calming the soldiers while they pressed onwards.

"Miss Rose...might I request that you wait for my men to make the delivery before starting your bath? If only to avoid as much...nudity as possible?" The officer asked over your radio as he continued to watch your massive body step further and further away.

---

"Oh that? Well...I guess she changed her mind because I sorta...asked her to....I reminded her that the men were people and had families and whatnot. She's not a monster you know..she's just...playful." I answered the colonel's question honestly since I was unaware of the inner battle you underwent during that tragic encounter. "But what does any if this have to do with me? It's not like I know how to shrink her back. She tried that already...it didn't work."

Rose:
"But silly!" - I tease and giggle - "I can't have a 'bath' while wearing clothes, even if it's just a two-piece or something like that. I suppose though.. um, you have a point I guess?" - I look back towards the base and my size.. of course I can clearly see it - so they can see me. I already knew that of course, but.. kindda stopped paying that much attention to my nudity after the whole bum debacle? But maybe: "Hey, tell you what.. maybe if you like, look away? All of you? Pretty please hihi! Umm.. I suppose it can't be helped really, but I'll just try to submerge.. most of my 'nudity', in the water, okay?"

I turn towards the ocean again and finally realize: "Um, but the ocean will be deep enough here, right?" (probably not.. not nearly enough :P)

----

He's clearly intrigued by the last two sentences, raises both eyebrows slightly then asks: "Could you please, elaborate? How did that come about? The, so called, 'growth' and 'shrinking' activities - please explain it to me as if I were a five year old..." - he speaks the size-related words as if they were from some alien language, or at least like he suddenly wasn't entirely confident with them anymore.

Mike:
The officer cursed under his breath at your repeated refusal to take him seriously. Your carefree attitude and childish rebellion is one of the many reasons why he joined the military. He needed discipline, obedience, and structure in his life. "Miss Rose I'm afraid I must insist...the water should be about fifty feet deep at most according to our scans...and you honestly can't expect every one of these men to simply...turn around. Let's be realistic...most of these men haven't had much time off in the past could weeks and your presence might be...well...distracting."

----

I start explaining how everything transpired up until now, only to stop before revealing anything too specific. "Wait a minute...why do you care how it happened? What are you planning to do to her? I case you hadn't noticed...you're weapons can't exactly do anything." I started to get a little heated since this colonel was getting a little too curious for my liking. "You want to figure out how to change her back don't you? But what if I refuse to help? What if I like her this way?" I felt the pendulum of power swinging my way and realized that I had the upper hand.