- Text Size +

Rose:
[your pov]

Suddenly a couple marines walk in - they bring a laptop and two big monitors, 26-30", nothing like the tvs in the main room, but.. certainly a lot of desktop space when they fire them up. It's all connected wirelessly, they just had to plug in the power and configure it quickly. They do it all without the word and Emmett doesn't even seem to notice it or care about it, merely considers your answer.

Then colonel walks in, soldiers and Emmett salute him and he "At ease"-s them - it's already getting tedious for you to see everybody do that all the time and you can't even imagine... He probably already got used to it by now. Either way:

[colonel] "Mr. number two, I thought maybe I should show you a couple things.. if you don't mind? Please sit down and try to pay attention, this is __actually__ important. So, I suppose I underestimated your 'attachment' for the.. out of scale individuals, so to speak. And somehow that seems to be clouding your judgment. Maybe if we try to go over some of the, recent events, it may shed some more light on the current situation?"

[colonel] waves at the soldier sitting behind the laptop, the guy clicks a few times and a picture pops onto the monitors - or a video actually, as it starts playing: it's me, putting the people in my mouth with a jovial smile on my face - all the way back when you were in the sub. "So you must remember that part. Look how happy she is to commit mass-murder, effectively. Yes, I know you made her realize how wrong it was, but.. is it really normal to even attempt anything like that? No please don't say anything, I'd like you to hear me out first please. And, just a thing to consider: how come you didn't tell her about the two people she crushed? You must've seen it, sub's cameras clearly captured the event, it was right in front of you..."

[colonel] notices you're trying to say something: "And shoosh, just think about it. Was it because you were afraid it may happen to you? Or should you be? That's just, yes, a thing to consider. But let's move on, the next clip please" - soldier clicks a few times and a footage comes up.. it's me, sitting in the river: "Yes, so you must remember your little gastrological adventure. Except, what you missed was how calm and relaxed your so called friend was when we lost contact with you. Could we rewind a little bit? And play audio as well."

[colonel] "And please, leave any questions for later. Just in case you're suspecting some kind of a trick or manipulation here, it's a continuous shot from a single camera, no cuts or modifications whatsoever - this is what she did, how she acted" - as the video plays, it shows me calmly asking about you getting lost in my rectum, then organizing a 'rescue'.. - "Just look at how relaxed and professional she is about that whole thing. No sign of worry whatsoever."

[colonel] "And I can imagine you thinking.. she was trying to help you. Sure. And she was just trying to eat some people. Sure. I suppose one 'incident' like that could be blamed on.. excitement? Maybe eagerness to.. experiment. Or whatever you would call it. And I also get it: two would be __just__ a coincidence. Sure."

[colonel] "But, I'd like you to see one more thing..." - and they play my conversation with the officer. The whole thing, from beginning to the end, all the times I mention you being hurt and chuckle - or you dying and giggle immediately afterwards. And finally how even "sending you to me in pieces" "one arm almost as good as two" and so on... Everybody is completely silent throughout the whole thing, including the colonel.

Mike:
[Colonel and Emmitt's pov]

"Yeah but..." I started to interrupt but was quickly shushed and forced to sit back and watch as picture after picture and audio clip and videos played on the screen. Is that really how she felt? Was I just another one of her toys to play with and cast aside once she saw fit?

"I see...so this is the change in perspective that I was waiting for..." My body felt numb, as if a sudden realization had cause my synapses to stop firing within my brain. Surely you were just being playful, nothing out of the norm right? Yet I wasn't as positive as I used to be.

"She looks so...carefree...liberated even..." I mumbled as I stepped closer to the monitor, reaching out and touching the frozen image of you and stroking your virtual cheek. Had I been more aware of the effects of Stockholm Syndrome I would have probably realized the psychiatric hold you had over my subconscious. You were, in fact, the embodiment of my biggest sexual fantasy, and even if I wanted to I couldn't throw that away.

Rose:
[your pov]

[colonel] "And then there's that other thing... You know, when I mentioned a 'change in perspective', what I meant was: Just look at this, compare your section of the wall - with hers. And you may think, she's just being careful. Nobody is that paranoid, we even dug up all kinds of dirt that Edward Snowden was into, but then he went to Russia and a different approach was chosen, so we didn't bother 'leaking' it."

[colonel] "But she..." - he sighs - "What can she be trying to hide, I wonder? Doesn't it strike you too? Basically.. what kind of sick, deprived... I struggle to even imagine why anybody would go through all this trouble to hide.. and what would it be?" - he sits on the table next to you - "And let me tell you, I've seen a lot of awful stuff during my years of service, but I still can't imagine what she's trying to hide. That's just my thinking, but what do I know.. new generation, world is changing, I'm surely mistaken - after all, I'm just a boring boomer."

[colonel] "I mean, you can always ask her..."

Mike:
"Okay...I'll help you...but first you have to let me talk to her..." I lied, even managing to squeeze out a tear as I turned away from the monitors back towards the colonel.

I wasn't sure what he was trying to get me to think, like you were some sort of Russian sleeper agent sent here to destroy America? That's impossible, I'd known you for years...you wouldn't be capable of something like that...right?

Rose:
[your pov]

[colonel] "Sure thing kiddo, but.. one last thing. And I apologize I'm probably boring you to death by now. You know how you accused me of trying to make 'an army of g-'" - he barely stops himself from saying the word, then adds: ".. oversized soldiers? Well, it's so absurd of a notion that it hasn't even occurred to me - after all, we're having trouble containing even one of them and... What would be the point of making more? How could we even, I struggle to understand your logic.. military is based on strict chain of command and there's no way to control or punish..." - he's quite visibly struggling with the concept. Finally he calms down and: "No, that's not at all what we're after here. And if you want to help.. that would certainly be appreciated. As I mentioned, for now we're mainly trying to contain this situation. Keep the impact limited to the immediate area, ideally revert it - but if that turns out to be impossible, then eliminate the threat."

[colonel] "And before you say it's impossible, well... There isn't an issue that a high-yield thermonuclear device can't solve, so to speak. If only it wasn't for the bureaucrats and pen-pushers in D.C. who seem to 'think' that lightly irradiating a small patch of American soil for a couple years is worse than this current crisis."

[colonel] measures you carefully in silence for a while, then finally: "But okay, let's get you to our quiet room. And no, I don't mean interrogation this time, we simply set up comms there so there's no background noise. So if you follow me..." - and he leaves the room casually.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Look at them molesting poor Mike.. oh well, I guess he had worse.

But more seriously, we kindda joked about Stockholm Syndrome for a giantess at the time ^^