- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Story originally published to DeviantArt on December 1st, 2020

-----

“Alright, let's get this over with,” the demon boy said, his tail flicking impatiently behind him. For the most part he looked just like any teenage boy, even down to his clothes—a hoodie, an old pair of jeans, and sandals. Still, that deep red skin, pointed tail, pair of horns, and unnaturally yellow eyes marked him as something other than human.

Before him sat a human male, about thirty years old,  a dumbfounded look on his face. “What...” he began, before a casual gesture from the demon boy forced his jaws shut against his will.

“Look, do me a favor and shut up so I can get this over with. Basically, you died and now you're in hell. My name is Mazzik and I'm the demon in charge of making sure you have a miserable stay. Sounds fun, right?” He asked, not even bothering to look up from his phone screen.

The human opened his mouth to speak again only to have it forced shut again. “I know you probably have a bunch  more questions, but right now I don't give a crap. There's a live stream that I wanna watch starting up in five minutes and I'm not gonna miss it just because of some piece of shit sinner like you. You can ask me to explain stuff to you once the stream is over. Assuming I remember you exist by then.”

“S-so, you're letting me go for now?” The human managed to get out without the demon forcing his mouth shut again.

“Ha! As if. No, you're coming with me.” Mazzik snapped his fingers and suddenly the human found himself falling thousands of feet through the air. Had he still been alive, the impact would have killed him almost instantly, letting him experience only a brief moment of pain. Dead as he was, however, he remained fully conscious of the excruciating pain as almost every bone in his body was broken. After a few seconds his body began magically repairing itself, bones and flesh being put back in their proper places in a process just as painful than the original injury. Only once he was fully healed could he become conscious of anything other than his pain.

Looking up, he was met with the sight of a massive red sole hanging over him, toes the size of mountains splayed apart to allow Mazzik's yellow eyes to peer down at him. “See you in a few hours, mite,” the demon's voice boomed around before the monstrous sole started descending. The human scrambled up and tried to runaway, but it was no use; had he run for an hour he still wouldn't have moved more than a centimeter.

The red sole descended mercilessly upon him, immeasurable tons of demon foot flattening him against the hot, rocky floor, turning him into paste. Mazzik sat and brought the sole of his foot under his gaze, looking it over until he found the tiny pale speck—one among thousands—that was the new sinner hopelessly stuck to his sole. He gave a satisfied nod, then slipped his foot back into his sandal and headed back home, thousands of sinful souls being crushed and reformed under his feet with his every step.