- Text Size +

 

 

The world was a rather cold place for Jake now. No matter how long he walked he couldn't stop shivering, the cold bathroom tiles under his feet only intensifying the chill he was feeling. All the while he was worried Sam could go back to the bathroom and crush him underfoot, now that he was out in the open. Fortunately for him she did not, and Jake felt a relief when he finally reached the door without further complications. As he suspected, the gap under the door was tall enough for him to crawl through. There was quite some dust gathered in the space and by the time he was on the other side he was coughing and shaking the grime off his body. He looked around the enormous hall and noticed how quiet the place seemed to be. For a moment he thought Sam might have went out, but as he walked he noticed a pair of dark-grey sneakers by the opposite wall. He could tell in an instant they belonged to Sam by their size alone. One of the shoes was lying on its side, its opening reaching the floor. Jake, still shivering, pondered about taking shelter inside, even though he was fully aware of just how bad of an idea it was. But he was cold and desperate and so he crossed the hall, looking both sides for any sign of Sam walking by, and crawled into her shoe. He felt instantly warmer as he nestled himself within, the warmth almost making him ignore the smell of Sam's skin and sweat permeating the air. A bit to the side he could see the shoe's number, already fading from use, with only the digit 1 still being visible. He lied down, waiting for the rest of the chillness to evaporate and he did so knowing he couldn't stay there for too long. But for once he was feeling good, actually good, since he shrank and Jake wanted to enjoy this brief moment. The fact he was literally in another person's shoe, like a lost ant, didn't even bother him and he was surprised at himself for how quickly he was getting used to his new size. He didn't like that thought at all; his plan was still to get Sam's attention and have her help him get back to his normal size, even if what he went through moments ago made him lose the motivation to do so. Even if he had any, he was still exhausted from fighting for survival, every single muscle in his body aching. For the moment he wanted nothing more than to rest, to close his eyes and doze off, if only for a moment, which he did. And before he knew it he was sound asleep, still inside Sam's enormous shoe.

 

When he finally woke up he noticed his surroundings had shifted. The light was shining on him from the shoe's opening, which was now high above him. Jake's heart sank as he realized he was now trapped inside Sam's shoe. He had to get out, and quickly. But before he could find something to grab to and climb out the light was snuffed and something huge, something white was making its way inside. Acting on instinct and without second thoughts, Jake started to run deep within the shoe in his attempt to outrun the massive object, but it quickly gained on him, pressing his tiny body against the toe section. It didn't take him a long time to guess this was Sam's foot, clad in a white sock. The giantess stayed still for a moment, allowing Jake to grab the sock's fibres and hold on to them tightly. Before long his world shifted once more - the giantess was on the move, the booming sounds of her steps reaching his ears even from the outside, deafening him, the quick motions of her feet making him feel a vertigo. He held on with all his strength but he knew this was only a temporary solution at best. It was only a matter of time before he ran out of strength or his hand slipped, either way causing him to fall beneath her foot. He decided to bid his time until he could try and get higher, on a more stable ground of the top of her foot. At least she wasn't barefoot, Jake thought, knowing his task would be harder if that was the case. As he waited, he started to feel nauseated due to the regular rocking of his prison and the thick, suffocating smell inside it. The warmth emanating from the giantess's body did not help either, and Jake was soon drowning in his own sweat, unable to even wipe it off his face. Far above him, Sam continued doing shopping in a local supermarket, completely oblivious to the tiny figurine suffering inside her sneaker, as she took her time strolling around the shelves, finding new things to put into the cart. She noticed a discount on chips and stopped, looking for those of the flavour she liked, a moment Jake was anxiously waiting for. He quickly scaled the surface of her big toe as he climbed up, soon emerging on the top and running for the centre of her foot, hoping he would be the safest there, or at least less prone to rolling down and falling off. As he did, he found a tear in the material, a tiny hole in the sock barely a few millimetres long but enough for him to get into to keep himself stable. He slid his legs inside, feeling the soft, warm skin of Sam under his own, then the rest of his body, leaving only his hands and his head free, as if covering himself in the world's biggest blanket. He let out a sigh of relief; once again he was safe, even if only relatively. But at least he didn't have to worry about getting under Sam's foot for a while. He lied down, trying to ignore the heat and the smell, waiting patiently until the giantess comes home and he can breathe again. He wished he ended up even a bit bigger, even an inch would do. Something visible, audible, something that could be noticed. Maybe now he wouldn't have to go through this conga line of humiliation. He wondered about his chances of being discovered, trying and failing to convince himself she would, ultimately, see him and help him get back to normal. But being as he was then, tiny, fatigued, trapped inside her shoe, he wasn't so sure anymore and resigned himself to figuring things out as he went - not that he had much choice in the matter.

 

She took her time shopping and it was already dark when she made it back to her apartment. Then she took her shoes and socks off, leaving the latter tucked in the former, and went to the kitchen to make a late dinner. While she ate Jake was busy trying to get out of her crumpled sock, a task which took a lot of time and effort from his part. When he finally made it down to the floor he was dehydrated, dizzy and even more exhausted than he's ever been before. To make matters worse his hearing appeared to have been damaged as well; not only were his ears ringing, but when he brought a hand close to one he discovered it was bleeding, the time spent within Sam's shoe having taken a heavy toll on his body. He sat on the floor to cool down and catch his breath, as well as regain whatever was left of his strength. His mind was telling him to take it easy, to try getting Sam's attention when he had rested enough. But Jake clearly wasn't listening to himself anymore, as he was soon back on his feet, marching into the distance to catch a glimpse of Sam and head towards her, as he spent the entire day doing. At that point there was no thought behind his actions, no plan other than getting to Sam, as if she was drawing him in herself, making him gravitate towards her. Which was unfortunate for little Jake, as in his disoriented state he neither heard nor noticed the giantess strolling down the hall, and by the time he realized how close she was her foot had already fallen on top of his minuscule body.

 

But he did not die there. He was stuck in the narrow space between her second and third toes, wedged between two massive digits in a sudden, overwhelming motion. He screamed the whole way to Sam's room as the giantess carried him with her, reduced to a role of dirt stuck between her toes. She lied down on the couch and started to check her phone, as always perfectly unaware of the little man's plight. Even though she could see her feet clearly Jake was simply too small to be noticed across the length of her body. A moment into browsing through messages and notifications Sam shifted her position in such a way that the leg Jake was an unwilling passenger of was dangling from the couch. The shrunken scientist found himself hanging above the floor which to him was now hundreds of feet down, clinging to the edge of her toenail and screaming as loud as he still could, towards Sam. But he was too small, too quiet and ultimately too weak as well, and he eventually lost his grip. He screamed all the way down, he screamed even more when the impact broke both his legs, he wouldn't stop screaming until he finally passed out from the pain. Which was a mercy for him in on itself; mere moments after Jake lost his consciousness Sam, being thirsty, got up from the couch and went to grab a drink, stepping right where he was lying down. This time her gigantic foot collapsed on him properly, the full weight of the young woman pressing down and obliterating his fragile body without notice or care. She would remain oblivious to the tiny, red spot on her foot and what was left of Jake would later disappear with the next vacuum cleaning. His disappearance would later become the talk of the institute, but ultimately the young scientist was never heard from again.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

As always, thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed this story.