Borrowing a Bite by Xiao-renzhe
Past Featured StorySummary:

(Paramouth's First Annual "Nommies" Nominee for Best Story: runner up!)

A Hungry vampire and a humble borrower seem like an unlikely pair of friends, but when times are tough and they're both down on their luck, maybe they can find what they need in each other. 

Edit: 8/12/2021 Back with a MASSIVE chapter. Obligatory "a bit late for 8/8." Hope you all enjoy! (Also, wow! almost a year since I began this! That's wild!) 

The tags listed are all included in the story so far. I'll add more tags as I go.

For the record, the violent, tag does not apply to how the main characters interact, but there is violence in the story. The primary G/t relationships in this story are all gentle/non-fatal.


Categories: Giantess, Adventure, Breasts, Body Exploration, Butt, Crush, Entrapment, Fantasy, Gentle, Insertion, Lesbians, Mouth Play, Violent, Vore Characters: None
Growth: Amazon (7 ft. to 15 ft.), Giant (31 ft. to 50 ft.), Mini GTS (16-30ft)
Shrink: Lilliputian (6 in. to 3 in.)
Size Roles: F/f, F/m, FF/m
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 90622 Read: 84048 Published: August 18 2020 Updated: August 12 2021
Story Notes:

This began as a straight forward vore story I was thinking of for a while, but got inspired to write it when I was looking through character bios by Saftkeur. The vampire is loosly based on their character by the same name. The story has now grown into something I may carry through into novel-length if interest continues and I keep having good ideas. 

Edit: thanks to all the kind words and positive reviews I received, this story is no longer a one-off. I'll continue it as long as I can think of good ideas. Thanks to all who inspired me with creative energy and motivation! 

A generally good guide for those diving for smut right now is as follows: 

Chapters 1, 4, 9, 10, and 13 have good, explicit content. The rest has hints of it, but is mostly plot. 

1. Chapter 1: Unlikely Friends by Xiao-renzhe

2. Chapter 2: The Man Called Green by Xiao-renzhe

3. Chapter 3: Traveling Light by Xiao-renzhe

4. Chapter 4: Exploring Our Love by Xiao-renzhe

5. Chapter 5: Candid Canidae by Xiao-renzhe

6. Chapter 6: Better Know Your Beast by Xiao-renzhe

7. Chapter 7: Happy Hunting by Xiao-renzhe

8. Chapter 8: Mortal Coil by Xiao-renzhe

9. Chapter 9: Settling Depths by Xiao-renzhe

10. Chapter 10: Detour by Xiao-renzhe

11. Chapter 11: Departure by Xiao-renzhe

12. Chapter 12: A Brief Review by Xiao-renzhe

13. Chapter 13: A Day Worth Naming by Xiao-renzhe

Chapter 1: Unlikely Friends by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

Chapter One was written to be its own, complete narrative. As a result, it's by far the longest chapter. It details the first time the two main characters meet. Enjoy! 

Chapter is lightly-erotic and introduces the characters and the basis for the story. 

Borrowing a Bite

 

Chapter One: Unlikely Friends

 

Vela groaned with a hand on her belly as the white blur that was her legs carried her at break-neck speeds through the seemingly unnavigable darkness of the dense woods. A human wouldn’t be able to outpace her on open terrain in broad daylight, so she would have no trouble running one down while they blindly felt their way through the labyrinth of trees in the utter blackness of this moonless night. Not a single star could be discerned beneath the dense canopy of the tightly packed conifers. That hardly mattered, however, as these days, there didn’t seem to be any humans left to hunt, and that was proving to be a problem for her ever-insatiable appetite.

 

In spite of the fact that she had maintained a relatively low profile since coming to this area, she supposed that it was only a matter of time before rumors and superstitions made their way through the meager local population like a creeping disease, and every night she would arise to find the people fewer, and the vacant houses more abundant, their occupants having packed their belongings and fled for the safety of a city under cover of day while she was powerless either to stop them or give pursuit.

 

Not that she would have tried. While Vela was a little possessive of her human treats to the point of almost considering them her pets as opposed to simple blood-dispensers, immortality had taught her that, as far as humans were concerned, everything was fragile and fleeting, and all good things, including dependable sources or nourishment, entertainment, and even companionship must come to an end. And even though she was kind to her little cluster of country folk— never praying on the sick or on children, never drinking more from one person than someone with a healthy constitution could reasonably handle, and certainly never killing— they always collectively and inevitably responded to her infrequent nighttime callings (what she considered a display of light affection) with distrust, fear, and eventual abandonment.

 

It wouldn’t be accurate to describe her feelings towards this inevitable abandonment as devastation. No— she had outlived too many humans for that. But her emotional capacity had been deepened, not stunted by her many years, and in some ways, she still suffered the sudden and painful attacks of moods befitting the youthful woman she appeared to be. So, when she would find that one of her recent favorites had finally elected to vacate the premises, it did sadden her.

 

She loved them all in her own way. She would remember each and every face and name, often wondering if they remembered her in their new home, and if they spared a kind thought for her as she so often did for them. It wasn’t very likely, she knew. Often, the more squeamish ones were in a trance for every interaction they’d ever had with her, the night barely seeming more than a beautiful, strange, and perhaps somewhat disturbing dream. And she had met so very painfully few who weren’t squeamish.

 

The house she had just paid a visit to held one such soul: a younger man who was fool hearted enough to willingly partake in a relationship that was more than a little one-sided in terms of benefits. Though, she’d be lying if she said she only liked him for his blood. He was charming. She hadn’t visited him often, or in a while, but she could tell once she was within half a mile of his family’s cottage that he, too, was gone.

 

Her feet continued to carry her swiftly away from the source of disappointment with a mind of their own while her mind nursed abstract feelings of dejection, a feeling of growing emptiness plaguing her un-beating heart, while her empty belly nagged and pushed the beating of her bare feet.

 

She wasn’t paying attention to where she was running. Subconsciously, she was aware that she had picked up on an old scent and her body was automatically driving her towards the prize— the meal— that might have lied at the end of the trail. She wondered, though, whether she was really hungrier for a warm drink, or some warmth of spirit. This location was drying up with regard to both. She would have to abandon this place just like the rest soon enough, and that, above all other forms of abandonment, had a tendency of saddening her.

 

How long had she been here? Vela glanced backward introspectively to determine the answer. It hadn’t seemed like a very long time. Certainly, it was less than the last place she’d called home. People were much quicker on the uptake these days it seemed. She didn’t exactly keep a calendar, but her memory was impeccable, and she was a very fast counter. She quickly played back through all of her memories of this little spot of country and counted every single dim dusk and warning dawn she had seen in these wooded hills. Thirteen thousand, three hundred and seventy-two nights. She slowed to a walk, her body realizing it was close to the source of the scent. Had it really been that long? She probably should have left a while ago. Maybe it was perfectly reasonable that the locals were running away. She’d have to leave soon. No matter. She had arrived at a cottage in a little clearing she hadn’t been to in a long time.

 

There didn’t appear to be any signs of life within. She spent a brief moment observing, feeling, smelling, and listening, and was almost certain that the place was abandoned like so many others. So many others that she had driven away by over-staying her welcome. But the scent of lifeblood was strong here. Perhaps they were merely away. Maybe they’d return. Should she move on to the next lead, or linger here, risking another night without sustenance in the slim, vain hopes of... something. There was one easy way to be sure. She knew this place. She knew that she had never been invited in.

 

With trepidation in her still heart, she approached the threshold of the front door. In otherwise utter stillness and silence, she slowly extended her right hand and placed it firmly against the door.  Closing her eyes, she felt for it— that feeling of inanimate yet willful repulsion inherent in all inhabited human structures. A form of precious magic they didn’t even know they possessed: what they called, ‘the value of labor,’ was a powerful protective charm that could be transferred from one human to another in the form of property through contracts which could be no more than a handshake. Perhaps the charm itself wasn’t as powerful as other protective forms of magic by species more conscious of their craft, but it was certainly marvelous that humans were still capable of such things without even being aware of it. It sure kept out creatures like Vela, that is, unless she obtained even implied consent to enter— a verbal exception to the contract, like having her name added to some hypothetical manifest.

 

This building, however, offered Vela no such resistance. Abandoned buildings lost their protective charm, dissipating like a planet’s atmosphere once it lost the magnetic ability to retain it. She would be able to feel it in the palm of her hand by merely applying pressure to the door. It would send chills up her spine and force her to step back. But nothing happened. This was merely a building. The prior owners would not return. She knew she should move on, so she couldn’t quite explain why she reached for the door handle and pushed her way inside the empty husk of humanity. Perhaps it was because the scent was so fresh, and she wanted to live in it for a moment. Revel in it. Pretend like she was living among them still.

 

She hadn’t really known the family that resides here, only having called on them twice over many years, and both times on a different individual. But the scents and artifacts they left behind told her a lot about them. She took them all in very quickly as she passed through the doorway and closed her eyes to imagine their day-to-day life here.

 

Standing there in the center of the living room, she heard a faint scratching somewhere behind her and at about knee-height. Her body reacted like a spring-loaded trap, pouncing on the sonic stimulation without the need for any conscious thought. This allowed her mind to wander wistfully while her body did the work. She wondered what the sound was. Human was out of the question, though she’d have given anything to have caught a burglar here. Perhaps it was a rat. Or, even better, a raccoon or opossum! One of those would certainly tide her over. Not like a man, but almost anything would do in a pinch. But even as these thoughts crossed her mind, she knew it could not be so. In the seven-tenths of a second it took her to turn around and glide silently over to the wall where the noise was coming from, her godlike ears had determined the source had to be too small for even a rat to be in there. Unfortunate. She could never bring herself to drink from anything smaller than a rat. For one thing, even rats were almost certain to die from more than a sip, and she wasn’t keen on killing even those diminutive creatures. Aside from that, anything smaller than a rat was simply too small to sink her teeth into. At that point, she’d be eating, not drinking, and the few licks of blood she’d get for her efforts were in no way worth the disgust she’d feel at all the rest.

 

She stared at spot on the wall behind which she had echolocated the origin of the scampering and followed the progress of whatever small creature was moving about within the space. She was only half-listening, as her mind was already returning to thoughts of leaving in pursuit of other horizons, no longer content with dwelling in this disappointing place. The hopes of a small animal had made her abandon thoughts of humans tonight. She could probably track down a deer. That would tide her over long enough... long enough to go somewhere new. This village, like this house, had nothing left to give.

 

Vela willed her body to forget about the noise and move on, but she found it difficult. Her hunting instincts were strong, and they could be a little reluctant to give up on something so near, even if consciously she knew it to be of no use. But in her minute hesitation, Vela recognized something odd about the sounds being produced by the tiny creature’s footsteps behind the wooden wall; namely, it seemed to have the distinct pattern of a two-legged being. It sounded almost... human? She closed her eyes and listened intently. There could be no doubt. Whatever was making its way about in there was walking on two legs, not scratching along on four, clawed feet. It was some kind of mouse-sized man!

 

Curiosity got the best of Vela. She knelt down by the wall and placed the tips of her delicate-looking fingers on the solid wood and followed the location of the presumed man with them, and then she spoke.

 

“Excuse me,” she said, pitching her voice in exactly the necessary tone and volume necessary to be heard clearly through the wall. “If you could just stand still for a moment.” The footsteps halted immediately, her sudden and unexpected address having the desired effect. That was all she needed. Before the tiny thing could have time to react, or even make sense of her words, her open palm collapsed into a fist as she punched through the two-inch thick wooden panel. It happened in the blink of an eye, though she was careful to be gentle. The instant her fist cleared the barrier, it opened up again and surrounded the little person without touching it. Then, she softly wrapped her cold fingers around the being, and quickly, but not violently, extracted it from the relative safety of the wall.

 

She brought her closed fist containing the little thing up just below her face and spoke once again.

 

“Now just stay calm. Don’t try to go anywhere. I promise not to harm you in any way. I just wanted to have a look at you,” she said in her most soothing voice, reflexively lacing her words with the usual hypnotic undertones that she so often used to paralyze men twice her size. She slowly unfurled her fingers to reveal a tiny man who, to her surprise, didn’t look terrified at all. Rather, he wore an expression of dignified perplexity, as of that of a professor whom had just been told something ridiculous by one of his novice students and he was prepared to refute it. He had a sideways smirk, and one of his eyebrows were arched dramatically. His arms were crossed on his chest, and as soon as she had released the pressure on his little body, he crossed one ankle over the other to complete the visage of one totally relaxed and slightly put-off little man. All at once she forgot about both her hunger and her melancholy, transfixed by this delightful little creature resting easy in her right hand.

 

She instantly took in all of his features and found him to be ruggedly handsome in an adorable way. He had short-cropped hair on the sides that was longer and shaggy on top. It was mostly dark brunet with highlights of blonde that practically glowed with an orange-old in contrast to the rest. His nose was abnormally long and rounded at the end, with a soft slope that was set between two turquoise eyes that glinted under his strong brows. His lips were thin, but still appeared to have a softness to them, and his jaw was sharp and strong as it hooked back into wide and high cheekbones. He had a very distinctive face which she found extremely amusing in a man so small, though her sharp eyes closed the size gap in a way no human’s possibly could. She smiled unthinkingly with genuine elation at the little man, showing her full set of pearly whites complete with abnormally long sharp canines. Usually she tried to hide those from newly-met acquaintances, but she couldn’t help herself— he was just so precious. His brilliant little eyes flickered down to her fangs and then back up to meet her own gaze, and he spoke, taking her by surprise.

 

“Well, you’ve got a funny way of knocking, don’t ya?” Her eyes widened and her smile retracted into a closed-lip smirk as she tried to contain both laughter and surprise.

 

“Well, I didn’t see a door, you see, but I was very interested in introducing myself,” she said, placing her left hand on her chest as she referred to herself.

 

“Well, now we’ve met. I’d over you something to drink, but I don’t suppose you take your tea the way I do. Ya know, two lumps of sugar,” he said, nodding toward what she presumed to be her fanged mouth, taking his implication.

 

“Oh, no. I’m afraid I don’t have much of a sweet-tooth,” she said, once again flashing him a very toothy grin, closing her eyes and cocking her head forward while turning her face from side to side, putting her arsenal on display for dramatic emphasis.

 

“I’m sure the former tenants wouldn’t mind if you got into the pantry and borrowed whatever’s left. They won’t be returning, and if you don’t mind particularly, I’ll need to be getting on my way as well. Long journey ahead of me. Lots to pack.”

 

“Oh, but I don’t eat. I only drink blood,” she said matter-of-factly. She pretended to look around the place a moment, then continued. “Don’t suppose the former tenants left any of that lying about?” She gave him another smile, looking down at him with her head turned to the side. He gulped nervously, showing a little concern for the first time, though he didn’t betray it in his voice.

 

“No, I don’t suppose they did, and I’m afraid I’m using all of mine at the moment.” She gave him a pout, feigning disappointment.

 

“Awe, are you sure? You couldn’t spare even a drop?” She clacked her teeth and licked her lips, playing up the suggestion. His face turned almost as white as hers, and she decided she couldn’t keep up the act. He really was too small to safely offer her anything resembling a meal, and the conversational stimulation he was providing her had all but made her forget her appetite for the moment anyway. “Oh, don’t fret, little guy. I’m only teasing. I promised not to hurt you, remember? I’m a woman of my word.”

 

“That’s a relief,” he admitted, visibly relaxing as some of the color returned to his face. “For a second there I thought I was going to have to act in ways unbecoming of a gentleman and put you in your place.” She laughed loudly at the unexpected jest.

 

“Oh? Were you going to hit a poor little woman?” She asked with exaggerated concern.

 

“Only if raising my voice and using foul language didn’t get the point across,” he insisted. She laughed again, and walked across the room, setting him down on a side-table that had been left behind in the family’s haste to leave.

 

“Please, don’t run off. I would catch you. I’m very fast,” she said. “I hope you don’t mind being temporarily detained. It’s just been so long since I’ve had anyone to talk to, and I’m a little starved for conversation.” She had noticed a small oil lantern hanging by the door on her way in, and in a flash, she had retrieved it and was back by the table. The little man could barely keep track of her swift motions as she retrieved the lamp and lit it, setting it down gently on the windowsill above, before she sat down cross-legged and gazed at him with her cheek resting in one hand. He figured she was right. She was very fast. He was confident he could outstrip a human in these close quarters, but she was something else entirely. But that was a good thing. He got the impression that she was an honest species. But that also meant he would have to entertain her for better or for worse until she’d had her fill of him. He sighed, supposing that his journey didn’t exactly have a strict timeline. If he lost one night, so be it. He’d play along and be polite. She could borrow his time.

 

“So, do you have a name?” She asked.

 

“Leo,” he offered, and extended his right hand to shake. She giggled, taking his hand delicately between her thumb and forefinger.

 

“I’m Vela,” she said while ‘shaking hands,’ and then released her grip. “Were you also named for a constellation?”

 

“Not as far as I know. I wager my mother just liked it,” he admitted, scratching the back of his head.

 

“That’s sweet. And what sort of man are you, Little Leo?”

 

“I reckon I’m a dashing, morally upstanding one.”

 

“Ha! Oh, you truly seem to be. But I was asking after your background. Who are your people? I’ve never met a tiny man. I didn’t know there were any.”

 

“Well you didn’t seem to have much trouble ‘meeting’ me. You just never looked before.”

 

“True. I don’t spend much time indoors. And the place has never been quiet enough for me to discern your tiny footsteps.”

 

“You heard my footsteps?” He asked with obvious surprise. “I didn’t hear yours. And that’s saying something. I’ve never been snuck up on before.”

 

“Well I’m sorry for startling you. I can’t help that I tread so lightly. And, um, sorry for extracting you so unceremoniously. I didn’t think I could convince you to come out of your own free will, and I really had to get a good look at you.”

 

“Well that’s alright. No harm done,” he said, pretending to dust off his shirt and shoulders. “I’m known as a ‘borrower.’”

 

“A borrower, you say? And why are you called that?”

 

“Well, because we borrow things. We sort of make our abodes in the floors, ceilings, and walls of human residences, and borrow the things they don’t need in order to get by.”

 

“Do you return that which you borrow?”

 

“Erm, well, sometimes.”

 

“Do you ask for permission before you borrow?”

 

“Now listen here— “

 

“That’s alright. I don’t ask to ‘borrow’ what I take from humans either. Though I do have to ask for permission to enter if I want to ‘dine in.’”

 

“I don’t understand. Didn’t ask me permission before you came inside here. Nor did you ask for permission to, uh, invade my home.”

 

“Well that’s probably because this space doesn’t belong to you; you are merely borrowing it,” she said with a wink. “Besides, it only keeps me out of human residences. You could claim this building, but that wouldn’t make its magic yours.”

 

“I never thought of it like that.” He admitted. “My people have always depended on the human race for a kind of safety. Maybe there’s good reason for it. Though I think that the relations used to be a little more open. I think my people are also borrowing old good faith. A long-forgotten understanding that one side might not be as keen to maintain nowadays as the other.”

 

“That’s understandable. Humans are much more prone to change as a species than most others. Their structures, their beliefs, their enemies and allies, even their hearts and minds,” she said, her voice trailing off a little bit near the end as her gaze turned toward the lantern.”

 

“You speak of them like they’re entirely foreign to you,” Leo said, recapturing her attention from whatever sad thoughts he could tell she was slipping into. This ‘Vela’ seemed very susceptible to sudden and deep mood-swings, and though she barely portrayed them, he was very sensitive to such things. Aren’t you a, well, vampire?” She looked back to him and smiled, bearing those tell-tale fangs.

 

“Why, yes, yes I am. What tipped you off?” She asked and tapped her right index finger on the tip of one of her fangs.

 

“Well, other than the fact that you’ve got simply a perfect, nigh-platinum complexion, I’m not really sure,” he joked.

 

“If I could only blush,” she teased. “But what’s your point in asking?”

 

“Well, aren’t vampires human? Or, didn’t you at least start out as one?”

 

“No, silly man. I suppose you would think that having spent all your life around humans. I guess you’d adopt some of their superstitions, though how that myth got started I’m really not sure. What an interesting thing to fear! The idea that a visit from one of us carries the risk of ‘turning you,’ and at the same time, I’ve bitten so many people in this very town, and has such a thing ever come to pass? How can they hold such contradictory fears to be true? I’m both a killer and a recruiter? When, truth be told, I’m neither.” She sighed.

 

“You’re not a killer?” He asked sincerely.

 

“I’ve never killed a human, no. That would be very poor-mannered of me considering I need them to survive. Not to mention, unsportsmanlike. If I drink two pints or so of blood from an adult man, he’ll hydrate and recoup his losses in little more than a day, and all he’ll get is minor bruising. I try to make it as painless as possible, of course, but some superficial damage is inevitable. And two pints is more than I’d typically need.”

 

“Wow. I must confess, I’ve been given to believe that vampires are much more menacing. But, despite your rather overwhelming apparent strength and speed, if you’re the rule, your kind is a pretty mild-mannered bunch. I’m charmed to have made your acquaintance.”

 

“You’re a very sweet fellow, Leo.” She smiled. “So, why is it exactly you’re about to embark on a long journey, and to where, if I may inquire?”

 

“Well, we borrowers need someone to borrow from. And the residents of this house packed up and left this morning before I even woke up. Else I could have stowed away in their belongings. I’ve had a few others warn me that their hosts were packing up with short notice lately, but I seriously underestimated just how quickly they’d go.” He sighed. “I’ll miss them. They were a good family.”

 

“Were you close to them personally?” Vela asked with interest.

 

“What? Oh. No. I’d spoken with the children a bit when they were younger. More attentive and intrigued. But they forgot about me in their teenage years. They were just good folks. It was a pleasant environment. I’m sorry they had to go.” Vela frowned and looked away. “What’s the matter?” Leo asked.

 

“It’s just... I fear that my extended presence in this town has scared off all the locals. I’ve uprooted many families be recklessly lingering too long, and now I’ve discovered that I’ve upset an entirely different race of their little companions as well.” Leo looked at her with confusion.

 

“What on earth do you mean? You didn’t drain the wells and the mines, did you?”

 

“Excuse me?” She asked, not understanding.

 

“You think that humans are perceptive or organized enough to all up and leave at once because of one little vampire? Without even forming a single hunting party? No way. They’re way too stubborn. Oh, sorry. I mean. I’m sure you were terrifying and all, and it’s not like the hunt would have worked. But. You know what I mean.”

 

“So why did they leave?”

 

“This town was formed around a mine. Good minerals. Guess it used to bring in a lot of money a long time ago. But the mines have been on the decline for decades. And lately, they can’t even tap for water. The second they realized everyone was going to die of thirst pointlessly clinging to a barren ore mine, they all decided to split.”

 

Vela, normally so sure of herself, found that she was flabbergasted by the news this tiny man was bringing to her. She just stared at him with her jaw dropped, unable to process this sudden change of worldview. Leo could tell that what he considered common knowledge had made a real impact on Vela and was about to offer something else up to either change the subject or otherwise distract her from her emotions when she suddenly snatched him up in both hands. She hugged him against her bosom, stood up, and began spinning around the room.

 

“Oh, Leo! That’s wonderful news! All along I thought I was the reason that they were all leaving! I felt so guilty! But I just couldn’t bring myself to leave!” She extended her arms, holding him high above her head. He looked a little dizzy, but no worse for wear. “Oops. Sorry!” Lowered him slightly. She didn’t mean to jostle the poor man so. She was just so ecstatic at this revelation. She trusted his opinion on the matter. He did live with humans, after all. He’d doubtlessly heard many of their conversations. But learning this made her wonder if she had in fact ever been the cause of a town emptying out its population, or if people simply had their own reasons for leaving their homes, stubborn though they were.

 

“It’s, ugh, it’s quite alright,” Leo said, holding a hand to his head to attempt to steady the lingering vertigo. He didn’t think he’d ever moved that quickly in his life. What a ride! “Just took me off guard is all.”

 

“Oh, Leo. I’m so glad I met you! If you only understood how you’ve soothed my spirits with the simple, caring act of conversing! I could just...” She hesitated, and then gave in to glorious abandonment and brought Leo up to her lips, and kissed him square on the face, her cold, pillowy lips practically engulfing his entire head in the process. She hadn’t kissed anyone in many years, but no one had made her feel such refreshing relief in just as long, and she simply had to allow these unusual emotions to play out in the way she felt natural to honestly express them. His skin was so warm compared to her own. Her body usually formed an equilibrium with that ambient temperature of her environment, but his little body was like a tiny flame in her hands and on her lips. It was intoxicatingly pleasant. She kissed him thrice more in quick succession, and then pulled him away from her face, holding him a few inches back so she could get another look at him.

 

Leo was in a complete daze and at a loss for words. He had been given to fear when she brought him swiftly towards her enormous lips, ashamed to admit that he had feared the worst. Images of her razor-like fangs flashed in his mind, but the shock of what followed erased all of his fears and left him feeling... something else. Her hands had been cold, so it stood to reason that her lips would be as well, but the slightly damp, soft texture invigorated and chilled him. It was like being pressed against a granite slate that was more forgiving than downy pillows. What’s more, it was completely unanticipated.

 

Granted, Leo had found Vela to be absolutely gorgeous from the moment she had snatched him up. Here was this relatively petite, though surprisingly curvy, black haired, pink-eyed vampire vixen with pearl-white skin and a pixie-esque facial structure right down to the perfect slope of her tiny nose and wide, full lips. Even her fangs gave her a striking, distinctive appearance that he found attractive if a little frightening. He’d never dream of making it with a girl this lovely even if she was a borrower like him, let alone a vampire many times his size, and who he had believed to be asexual. But he realized his mind was running away with him, and just because she had kissed him didn’t necessarily mean anything else. After all, this woman seemed to be spontaneously unpredictable. He decided to try and collect himself and play it cool.

 

“I, um, you...” he began, and cursed himself for losing his usual wit. Vela looked suddenly mortified.

 

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! That was extremely forward of me. How rude! I just, I need to express how happy you’d made me feel and didn’t know any other way. It won’t happen again.” She apologized while quickly moving to set him back down on the side table. He cursed himself again. His dumb stammering had made her feel somehow at fault for an act he quite enjoyed.

 

“Vela! No! Wait.” She froze in place. Really froze. He was amazed at how quickly she could transition from movement to stony stillness. He cleared his throat.

 

“Don’t put me do— I mean. You don’t HAVE to put me down.”

 

“Oh? I just thought.” He held a hand up to silence her.

 

“It’s my fault. I really liked it, what you did there.” His face was turning bright red. She must’ve noticed.

 

“Oh-h-h. I embarrassed you! But I didn’t offend or hurt you?”

 

“N-no. Not in the slightest. And I’m not embarrassed. I’m just...” he trailed off.

 

“You just liked it?” She offered.

 

“Yes. I just liked it. Thank you.

 

“Well why didn’t you just say so? I liked it too. That’s why I did it, silly little man.” She placed a hand upon her cheek. “Granted I liked it a little more than I thought I would... you’re so warm.” She licked her lips while looking up and to the side thoughtfully. “And a little sweet!” I may ‘borrow’ a few more if I feel so inclined,” she said sweetly.

 

Just then, her stomach let out an audible groan with a “blorch,” and a “gurgle.” Vela sighed, her elation appearing to drain a little as she once again looked out the window.

 

“Everything alright?” Leo asked her. She paced over to the window and squinted her pink eyes, observing something thoughtfully. After a moment, she answered.

 

“Yes. It’s fine. It’s just... the night is getting on. At this point, it would be too risky to go out and continue hunting, and as much as I’ve enjoyed this conversation with you,” she gestured around the room, “this place won’t be safe for me in the morning. I’ll have to be going. If I don’t leave soon, I won’t have time to make it back to my... well. I’d have to bury myself. It’s not my preferred method of slumbering.”

 

“Oh!” Leo exclaimed with sudden understanding. “Of course, sunlight. Vampires aren’t fond of it, aye?”

 

“To put it ‘light-ly,” she admitted.

 

“Well, I would totally understand if you’d rather sleep where you’re used to, but if you’re in a bind...” he pointed down at her feet. “This place has a little hiding place underground. There’s a hatch beneath the carpet. It’s totally safe from the sun, and actually quite comfortable! They designed it to be safe from the elements so they could store food and supplies in all seasons, as well as themselves if they ever needed to hide for some reason. I’ve... erm... borrowed a lot from it over the years.” Vela looked at him and then the ground skeptically, and then smiled brightly.

 

“Little Leo, are you inviting me to stay? What an outrageous little man you are! No one has done something like that for me in ages!” She brought him back in for another kiss, this one lasting much longer than the last few. She held him against her lips for what felt to Leo like an entire minute before pulling away. At first, Leo felt like the heat was being drained from his body through the point of contact, but after a moment, her lips actually began to warm to his touch. It fascinated him, and he closed his eyes and kissed her back, choosing to enjoy the strangely apportioned affection regardless of its intention. When she finally did pull up from the kiss, he could swear there was a strange glint in her eyes. What was he getting himself into? “So deliciously warm... well let’s have a look at my accommodations, shall we? How delightful! Gods above, I haven’t stayed with anyone in... a lifetime!” Leo took note of her choice of words, ‘stayed with...’ and pondered whether she thought he’d be willing to share the subterranean cubby hole with her, and he seriously wondered whether he was.

 

Vela sat Leo back on the table, moved a couple pieces of abandoned furniture, and walked to the edge of the carpet. In one effortless motion, she sent it rolling across the room, and in a second, the entire heavy rug was rolled up against the wall across from her. Then, Leo saw that there was a heavy pad lock on the hatch in the center of the wooden floor. He was about to tell her he knew where to find the key when he realized there was no need. She simply knelt down, held the lock in one hand with her fingers hooked through the metal loop, and pulled the lock in two with a metallic “clang!” He marveled at her strength, wondering how she was able to handle him so gently with power like that. She tossed the pieces aside and lifted the heavy hatch to reveal the stairs to the area below.

 

“It’s so charming! Such fine masonry, and a plush looking rug to boot! Oh, I’m sure I could sleep very well in here, indeed!” She made her way down and out of Leo’s field of vision. He chuckled quietly at how she could find a little storage charming, let alone fit for comfortable sleeping. Then again, he had no idea what her usual accommodations were. She was willing to bury herself in a pinch. Maybe vampires really did sleep in coffins and crypts. He shook his head, and hopped easily off the table, making his way to the edge of the stairs.

 

Upon arriving at the edge of the stairs, she suddenly reappeared, immediately noticing him. He gawked up at her, this being the first time at her feet, and fully appreciated their difference in size. She wasn’t large. By human standards, she was fairly small, but he didn’t spend a lot of time this close to humans either, even though he lived with them. So, this particular perspective of a woman her size was Leo’s first. In spite of himself, he was utterly smitten. He shook his head as if to try and clear it of pointless thoughts. Vampires couldn’t read minds, could they? No. That had to be a myth.

 

“Well, hello, Leo. How’s the weather down there?” She giggled are her own lame joke.

 

“You know. Drafty. But the view is great!” He instantly regretted saying it and wanted to bite off his tongue to abate the physical cringe he felt at delivering the compliment, but she appeared to take it well.

 

“Oh-h-h, Leo. I had you pegged for a charmer the moment I met you.” She said, kneeling down before him. “It’s a good thing you don’t possess the hypnotic voice, or I surely would have been your dinner by now.” She continued giggling and offered him her hand. He didn’t see any harm in it and climbed aboard. She stood up and brought him back up to bear with her lovely face and seemed to scrutinize him. “And yet, you appear to be oddly resistant to mine. Are borrowers immune to charms?”

 

“What do you mean?” He asked her, puzzled.

 

“Well I only tried to charm you once, and thought it worked; that is, when I told you to stay still behind the wall. But you weren’t under my enchantment when I pulled you out, so I just assumed I’d have to keep track of you manually.”

 

“Oh, then. You were trying to enchant me? No. I stood still because I was startled. I didn’t hear you come in, which was a first for me. Humans are much louder.

 

“That makes sense.”

 

“Wait, why did you try to charm me? I mean. I’m not offended. But it doesn’t seem... um... necessary.”

 

“How do you mean?”

 

“Well, it’s just that you’re unbelievably strong, blindingly fast, and, well...” his blush was returning. Staring into her abnormally large, pink eyes was a little enchanting.

 

“And?”

 

“Well you’re inhumanly beautiful as well. I don’t mean to come on like such a flatterer, but it’s a veritable fact by about any species’ standards. You’re gifted.” She flashed him her biggest smile yet, and it made him want to melt in her cold hands.

 

“I’ll try not to let it go to my head. Though you’re rather handsome yourself. I have an eye for these thugs. Handsome men are almost always tastier, you see.” She clacked her teeth at the air to make her point. It gave him chills, but in a good way. “So, your point is that with all of these ‘gifts,’” she gestured at her body with her free hand, “with which I am endowed, why do I need to enchant people to get what I want?”

 

“Yes. Precisely. Any one of your assets should make conning men out of a little blood a pretty simple matter, so I don’t see the need for hypnotism.” She frowned.

 

“It’s not a con, Leo. It’s... an intimate experience. Well, at least it is for me. I don’t have to feed exclusively on humans, I merely prefer to. It’s much more pleasurable. That’s just not always... mutual.” She appeared to ponder for a moment. “Look. For instance.” Suddenly she tightened her grip on Leo and held him close to her mouth and bared her fangs terrifyingly. They seemed to actually extend a little as if they were the retractable claws of a cat. Then she spoke to him in the most soothing tones he had ever heard.

 

“Leo. I want to bite you and drink your blood. Would that be okay? It won’t hurt. Just a little.” Something about her voice made him shiver. It was terrifying. He could tell that this was her enchanting tone, but she was correct. It most certainly did not work on him. Then, she loosened her grip on him, and closed her mouth. When she smiled again, her fangs appeared to have returned to their normal, only slightly larger than human size. “It’s not an appealing request, is it?”

 

“N-no. I suppose it isn’t.” His heart rate would need a minute to return to normal. She gave him a half-hearted smile.

 

“I’m sorry I scared you, Leo. With all my being. But something tells me you’ll recover. Once humans see that side of me, though, something takes them. Humans possess an immense capacity for fear, while some of them are very courageous. But many are controlled by that fear. And if my will isn’t stronger than their fear, it’s very unpleasant. Things are just a lot tidier if I take their fear away at the get go, so it doesn’t have a chance to grow into something ugly. That’s what my voice does. It erases fear.” Leo thought he understood. It wasn’t so much a form of mind control as a form of emotional sedative.

 

“So, when you enchant someone, you do it like you just did for me? You ask them if it would be okay for you to drink their blood.”

 

“Yes, exactly. Once I’ve had a chance to adequately explain the situation, most mortals are willing to part with a little blood so that I may remain animate.”

 

“And if you go too long without it?”

 

“I’ll become inanimate.”

 

“Does that kill you?”

 

“Of course not. It just dries me out. I’d go into a corpse-like repose. Only the sun can kill me. But it certainly makes me vulnerable. But a little bit of blood properly applied is enough to bring me back from an inanimate state. Though you have to trust that one of your own knows where you are, or you could end up stuck that way for a very long time.” Her belly let out another loud “grrrrk!” And she placed a hand over her protesting abdomen.

 

“Are you going to be okay, Vela?” He asked gesturing down towards her groaning stomach.

 

“Hmm? Oh, that. Yes, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Not going to go inanimate on me, are you?” She smiled.

 

“No, no. Nothing like that. I’ve got plenty of time before I’d have to worry about that. But I graciously appreciate your concern. It just... hurts a little. I feel somewhat weak. You didn’t meet me at my best.” Leo frowned. He had just met this woman, but he felt already growing attachment to her. He didn’t like knowing that she was in pain.

 

“That’s a little hard to believe.”

 

“What is?”

 

“That you’re not at your best. I’m almost afraid to see you at your best.”

 

“Heh, you rascal of a man. In a way, I am at my best. Meeting you. Talking to you. Learning from you that I’m not half as big of a deal in the minds of men as I presumed I was. It’s been spiritually invigorating.” She paused for a minute, chewing her lip. “And kissing you. Well.”

 

“It’s not a big deal, you don’t have to say anything,” Leo insisted, fearing she was regretting her displays of intimacy.

 

“Was it not a big deal to you? Do you often kiss?” At first Leo thought she was asking a different kind of question, but then he realized she was being utterly sincere. He chose to answer with the same level of sincerity.

 

“It was a big deal to me. I don’t often kiss.  I’ve only had one intimate relationship. I’ve lived alone— with just humans, I mean— ever since I left home.” He bit his tongue, once again feeling regret for over sharing, but this time for a different reason. He had never been alone, but it was true that he had been living a lonely existence up to this point. If times are hard on humans, they’re harder on borrowers. He really wasn’t sure what he was going to do about his present situation. But the very day he had been abandoned by his hosts, this beautiful vampire turned up out of the blue. He was intent on somehow befriending her if that was possible. If she would allow it.

 

Vela was having thoughts along the same lines as his. She had been feeling a keen sense of loneliness unbecoming of her years. By this point in a vampire’s life, most of them had outgrown such sentiments like wistful attachment issues. Most roamed as they pleased. And the very night she was feeling the spurn of abandonment by her local humans, she discovered her first borrower. He was immune to her vocal charm, but he wasn’t at all afraid or put off by her anyway. That was a rare treat. She didn’t know if they were all just like that. She hadn’t met any, but something told her that was for a reason; namely, they were a shy and elusive race. Leo seemed special. She wanted to hold onto him, but she feared to be overbearing of an independent young man. But she had to explore a little. Prod a little. She was surprised at herself for having kissed him. Kissing wasn’t something she, or any vampire, was known for. But she was secretly regretting not kissing him more at this very moment, and that agonized her, as she truly resented keeping quiet about her thoughts and feelings in the rare event that she was keeping company. Dishonesty wasn’t in her being. She would address her feelings. She would pace herself. The night still had a little longer to go, and there was still oil in the lamp. She broke the silence.

 

“Where will you go, Leo?”

 

“You mean when I leave here? I’m... well I’m honestly not sure.”

 

“What was your plan before I interfered with your evening?” He chuckled.

 

“A very welcomed interference, believe me. And I was just going to grab a few affects that I could comfortably carry and head down the road southward. I know there are a few residences along the way. Maybe one of them isn’t abandoned yet and I could hitch a ride.” He didn’t like his odds in that, and it was a long walk if he struck out on the first house. But he had to try. He knew his odds of living alone here were far worse. Vela frowned.

 

“I came from south, tonight, Leo. There’s no one for miles. I don’t think it’s quite a ghost town yet, but it’s looking like pretty slim pickings for the both of us.” Leo considered that. He resisted feelings of despair. Somehow, he would figure something out. He’d find a new family, maybe get to a city and discover more of his own kind. But Vela interrupted his thoughts.

 

“Leo?”

 

“Yes, Vela?”

 

“I know we only just met. But I have to speak about my feelings when I’m with someone, entranced or not. I’m feeling a little possessive of you. It’s quite a whimsical thing. I don’t quite understand it. But I’m detecting similar, though different, emotions from you. You don’t like to be a burden. Though it seems to be in your species’ nature to borrow help where you can get it, you’re not accustomed to asking. I’m not accustomed to asking for what I want either. So, I’m... insisting. Let me help you.” Leo wasn’t sure what to say. That was a lot, and his heart was doing little flips in his chest. He didn’t want to presume too much. This was a strange breed of woman. But she was imposing a helping hand. He felt he needed to take it.

 

“You want to help me? How?”

 

“I’m leaving this place within the week. As soon as I get a very good meal in me, I’ll be making a fast trek to the next densely populated area. I haven’t left these hills in a while, so I’m not certain how far we’ll have to go but come with me.”

 

“I won’t slow you down?”

 

“You’re light as a feather, and you make me feel a little lighter when I’m holding you. So, no. I wager you’ll help me glide all the faster. I’ll get us somewhere that’ll have what we need. And in the meantime, we’ll have each other’s company.” Truth be told, she wasn’t sure how deep her feelings of possessiveness towards this little borrower might run after spending more time with him. She wasn’t sure it would be healthy for either of them. But she was in a vulnerable place. She selfishly wanted him. She needed him to want to be had. She couldn’t soothe his fears with her voice, so she would have to plead. “I’m asking if it would be okay if I... borrowed you,” she concluded.

 

Leo was hanging on her every word. His heart was singing at his turn of fortunes. Earlier in the day, he was fairly certain that his luck had run out. He had missed his ride. He would spend days or weeks roughing it on the roads or in the woods to be picked off by the first moderately-sized carnivore that discovered him if he didn’t starve to death first. Then, he met Vela, and even better, she liked him, and genuinely wanted to help him out! He wasn’t sure what he had done right to deserve this fortune, but he was counting his lucky stars and swore to himself that he would do anything for this woman to show his gratitude, something his kind wasn’t exactly used to doing. But he would make it a paradigm shift. He wouldn’t be a burden. He’d somehow make it up to Vela for borrowing so much of her good will. If he could read her mind, he would know that an opportunity to show his gratitude would present itself sooner than he could have imagined.

 

Leo realized that she was looking at him expectantly. He had to say something, but he wasn’t sure how to fully express his gratitude. So, he just leapt off the deep end and said what came to mind.

 

“I really don’t know what to say. It would be an honor to be borrowed by you, Vela.” Her pink eyed seemed to positively glow.

 

“Yes! Thank you, Leo! This isn’t a one-sided venture. I’m so glad to have someone with me for this journey. It’ll lend some semblance of continuity to the transition, and that means more to an immortal than you realize. So many chapters close. It’s beautiful when new ones contain a small piece of the old. Quite small where you’re concerned.” She winked at him.

 

“Can I request something in return for agreeing to this mutually beneficial lending of my person?” Leo asked, hesitantly.

 

“Of course!” She blurted.

 

“Can I steal another kiss?” She gasped, not taken aback, but charmed that he was instigating an advance when she had been the forward one all evening. She brought her hand containing him up to her face, closed her eyes, and pursed her wide, plump lips. Leo shivered with joyful anticipation, knowing that those cold lips would make him shiver in more ways than one. He took too steps forward and leaned into her soft lips, kissing the top one tenderly. Gods, what lips she had. He felt an electric shock at their touch and couldn’t believe that he was about to embark on a journey that involved those lips.

 

Vela was elated that Leo had beckoned her for a kiss. She had selfishly stolen the last several and felt right as rain that he had elected to snatch one for himself. But dawn was coming. She could feel it in her bones. She knew that she was not long for this world but feeling Leo’s diminutive lips pressed against her own made her wish that the night could last forever. She reveled in his warmth and wished that she could somehow steal it all and take it deep within herself for safe keeping.

 

And I’m the midst of that kiss he had so generously requested to ‘steal,’ her belly once again growled loudly, reminding her that she was starving. The volume of this abdominal reminder reached the ears of her little companion, and he broke off from the oral embrace, and her tongue darted after him, unwilling to let him go. The tip of her tongue barely brushed his handsome face as he pulled away, but the reflexive action was utterly explicit. She had licked him. There was no denying that. And his warm face was like fire upon the sensitive tastebuds on the cold organ. She chewed her lip and pulled him away.

 

Leo wasn’t sure what to make of the light flick of her tongue across his face. It was a bizarre sensation to be tasted by a giant tongue, though he thought it a natural escalation of intimate kissing. It was just strange given their difference in size. The audible growling of her stomach concerned him for her sake. He worried that she was in pain. But his thoughts were being clouded by desire. Flattery was the overwhelming feeling that pervaded his thoughts at what seemed like a subconscious gesture. He thought she was really just getting carried away with him. He was correct. Though he was somewhat mistaken with where she intended to go with this.

 

Vela was nearly spent. She had put forward more earnestness and experienced more intimate emotions than she had in decades, and the night was old. She needed to retreat to a place safe from the sun if she wanted to relax, but her physical emptiness was still a nagging issue. But it was an issue for which she had thought up a potential solution. There was no way around it. Since she had imagined this solution, she would have to put it to Leo. He would probably reject it, and she would understand. But it was a good idea, she thought, innocently. So, she would have to voice it. She had to prod.

 

“Leo,” she said breathily.

 

“Vela?”

 

“Come down into the hatch with me. Spend the day. Sleep with me.” It wasn’t so much a requesting, more imploring. Leo understood that dawn was coming, and Vela needed to hide to survive. He didn’t want to end their intimacy just yet, so he would concede.

 

“And you sleep all day?” He asked.

 

“Necessarily.” He thought it was no matter. He was effectively putting himself on her schedule until further notice anyway. And he desperately wanted to be close to her.

 

“Take me down,” he said. She grinned. The oil in the lamp ran out and they were ensconced in darkness.

 

“I’ve had an idea, Leo,” she began, as she stood up and began to make her way down the stairs. “Please don’t ask me what it is. I’ll tell you. I’ll explain it. But it’s a rather big favor to ask of you.” He was drunk on her presence and felt that he would be willing to do anything for her.

 

“Just say the word, Vela. If I can do it, I will.” She laughed weakly.

 

“Don’t get too hasty, little Leo. I hope you aren’t afraid of the dark...” as she said that, she pulled the hatch closed above them and they were sealed off from the world together in the tiny confined space barely big enough for two humans, but rather cozy for a vampire and a borrower.

 

It took a moment for Leo’s eyes to adjust. He, like all borrowers, was capable of seeing in near perfect darkness. She held him tightly as she lied down on the soft rug in the cubby hole, and she brought him up to her soft breasts and dropped him delicately on her chest directly above them. The stark silence was broken by a roaring “grrrrrlk!” Her belly reminding them both of its being neglected. Leo decided to break the tension with humor.

 

“I’m truly sorry that I’m not, well, more of a man, Vela.”

 

“And why is that, love?” Leo was a little shocked at the term. But he chose not to make a point of it.

 

“So, I could offer you some means to fill that belly, since I know you’d never hurt a fly if you could help it.” He expected her to laugh or retort in some way, but she remained silent for a moment. He worried about her pain.

 

“Remember I said I’d never harm you?” Vela asked. Leo didn’t know why she was bringing it up. He’d believed her. Perhaps he was a fool, but he believed that this beautiful creature could not lie.

 

“You won’t,” he said. She sighed.

 

“Good. Yes. True. But... maybe you... maybe you can.” Leo was confused.

 

“Can what, Vela?”

 

“Offer some means.” Leo peered up at her in the near blackness. He wasn’t afraid. Surely, she didn’t intend to drink from him. He’d just have to make her explain.

 

“Was this the favor you mentioned, dear?” He could discern her smile in the dark. It was so bright.

 

“It’s a lot to ask, but...” she began. Then she stopped moving altogether. Leo suddenly felt like he was lying with a statue. He wondered briefly if she had become inanimate. No. She didn’t lie. That wasn’t a danger. He looked up and saw that she was staring up into the blackness with a strained expression. He realized after a moment that she had become paralyzed by her own request, as if it were too much to ask.

 

“Vela. What is it?” She moved again, her whole body morphing from stone to putty beneath him.

 

“Okay. I must,” she said. “Leo, May I swallow you?” Leo felt like a fool. It wasn’t because he felt betrayed or lied to by this woman, but he suddenly made sense of their ongoing conversation and somewhat understood what she had in mind. He’d gotten into bed with a vampire. He wasn’t sure exactly what that entailed, but boundaries must be set. Understandings must he reached.

 

“Should have seen that coming,” he said.

 

“What?”

 

“I thought you didn’t eat.”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“And yet you want to eat me if I’ll consent?”

 

“What? No. I don’t want to eat you. Merely swallow you.”

 

“What’s the difference? You said you’d never harm me. Wouldn’t that... well... be harmful?” His tone wasn’t accusatory. It was matter-of-fact.

 

“Leo, I wouldn’t. I couldn’t,” she began. He realized he was misunderstanding something.

 

“You’ll have to explain.” Was all Leo could think to say. There was a long moment’s silence. And finally, she opened up about her idea.

 

“Okay. I’ve been playing it down. But I’m in a lot of... discomfort. I gave up my opportunity to hunt tonight for the much more favorable option of befriending you. But it hurts. The emptiness. It hurts. I’m too cold inside and I need the warmth only a meal can bring. And I’ve never tried this before, but an idea occurred to me when you kissed me. You’re so warm. You’re a little bolt of lightning. And you can’t be a meal, but maybe your warmth would feel really good in there and... and... I...” she trailed off.

 

Leo’s emotions were in a whirlwind. She wanted to swallow him? But not eat him? She wanted his warmth? He didn’t entirely understand the request. The only thing he knew to do was to keep asking questions.

 

“What would happen to me if I let you... swallow me?”

 

“You’d be inside my belly, and it would feel so warm and light...” she said with an air of ecstasy. This was a little disquieting to Leo, but he muscled on.

 

“And what would become of me inside your belly?”

 

“You’d remain there while I slept.” Leo realized that she was somehow naively missing his point. He would have to be more direct.

 

“Vela, if I let you swallow me, will I be okay? I won’t... digest?” To Leo, it was a simple matter of life and death. To Vela, this was an apparently ridiculous question. She laughed.

 

“No, silly! I can’t digest you! I can’t digest anything! That’s not what my body is for!”

 

“Then what happens to all the blood you drink?” Leo asked with serious curiosity.

 

“That’s different. Blood is a spiritual elixir. It’s absorbed. But you’re a corporeal being. You cannot be. I’ve held lots of things for safe keeping in my stomach, and they’ve always come up fine. Just... never a borrower.” Leo was pretty sure that he was missing something here. He thought blood was as ‘corporeal’ as anything else. But she was the vampire. She probably knew what she was talking about. But he was understandably hesitant.

 

“Leo, you don’t have to say yes,” she said. He felt more at ease. “It was just an idea. I’d never hurt you. I intend to keep you with me on our journey. And you cannot provide me a meal, but...”

 

“But I could make you feel better? Borrow you some time?” She chuckled.

 

“Yes, my little borrower. You could provide me a placeholder. Borrowing a bite.” He shuddered. Could he really consent to being swallowed? He thought about the hours they had spent together. He imagined the many days or more they would spend together venturing into the unknown. She wanted to help him. She wasn’t about to jeopardize that by putting his life at risk. She must know what she was doing. He could faintly see her serene facial expression in the darkness. Such a beautiful face. He imagined feeling those lips he had already felt press against him wrapped around him. He could almost feel that tantalizing, cold tongue pulling him inward and downward. Deep into parts of her he had never even imagined discovering with a woman, let alone without fear. Maybe it would be amazing like everything else about her was. To hell with it. He made up his mind.

 

“Vela.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I’m trusting you. I think I’d do anything for you... but...”

 

“What is it, Leo?”

 

“How long do you have left?”

 

“Not long. Dawn is nigh.” She looked thoughtful for a moment, then said, “the sun will probably begin to rise in little more than an hour. I’m safe in here, but once that happens, I’ll be quite compelled to sleep. I cannot resist that for long.” Leo thought about that. He didn’t want to rush into this, but he also thought he preferred the thought of her being awake for at least a little while after they’d... done the deed. That way, she would still have time to do something if it went wrong. He stood up on her chest to address her directly.

 

“Then, dammit, kiss me some more, and swallow me when you will. I’ll keep you warm all day long.” Vela squealed with glee. She grabbed him in both hands and held him above her face. Her elated smile seemed to light up the darkness, and those pink eyes actually appeared to glow with subtle bioluminescence.

 

“Yes! Thank you! Thank you, Leo! It’ll be fun! And you’ll be perfectly safe, I promise!” She pulled him in and pressed those cool, soft lips against his face, planting kiss after kiss on him. He believed her. How couldn’t he? She was so earnest and sincere. He had his reservations for obvious reasons about spending the day inside her belly, but those doubts were melting away a little with every kiss with which she peppered his person. He tried to simply enjoy the thrill of her affection and let this happen without thinking too hard about the finite details involved in what he had agreed to. She stopped kissing him for a moment and held him inches from her face, ogling him adoringly.

 

“It’s... the least I can do, Vela. You’re the most beautiful, kind, and intriguing person I’ve ever met. I’m just happy I can help. I hope it’s as good a solution as you anticipate. I hope I make you comfortable.”

 

“I think you’ll make me feel wonderful. I cannot wait to feel you... down there... filling me up with your hot little body. Your heat will radiate through me. And you’ll keep burning brightly deep within me all day long. You won’t cool off so quickly like blood.” Leo shivered a little in her hands. He was trying hard not to let himself get nervous. He wondered what it would feel like to be surrounded in darkness by the cold flesh of her stomach. He shook the thoughts from his head and tried to focus on her beautiful face. Those eyes... those lips that were parted slightly, allowing him to peer deeper. He shivered again.

 

“Leo, you’re so quiet. Are you nervous?”

 

“A little,” he admitted. “I’ve never been swallowed before, obviously. But... I think you’re probably right. It might be fun.”

 

“I’ll be gentle. You have nothing to fear. I’ll try to make it as enjoyable as possible. For you, I mean. I think that for me, it’ll be very enjoyable. Getting you down might be almost as fun as having you inside me.” Leo felt a little reassured.

 

“O-okay.” He was shaking now. It wasn’t from the cold so much as it was adrenaline from anticipating this strange, inevitable thing he had committed to. Her mouth was so near, and it was so big and easily capable of consuming him whole and alive at any second. When would it happen? What would it feel like? Was he making a mistake? He couldn’t change his mind now, could he? He was sure she would understand, but she seemed so excited and he didn’t want to hurt her feelings. He didn’t want her to hurt at all.

 

“What can I do to make this comfortable for you, Leo?” He considered this. She was intent on making this as pleasant as possible for him. She would probably do anything. He imagined there were probably several things she could potentially do to put him more ‘at ease,’ but shied from requesting them immediately upon the consideration. He tried to dispel such thoughts, not wanting to push his luck. And they didn’t have much time. Still...

 

“Well, Vela... I mean... this is just such a strange thing to undertake, but even though it’s not very conventional, I guess it could seem rather...” he hesitated while searching for the right word. “Well, I guess it’s extremely intimate.” Vela appeared to appreciate his assessment of the situation.

 

“It is, Leo. I feel very affectionate towards you. Perhaps you don’t like the comparison, given the context, but I always feel a rather intimate connection with humans when I... well, you know.” Leo got the gist. “But this is different. In a way, it’s more casual, as I’m not actually gaining any nourishment. In another way, it’s even more intimate, because you’re letting me take all of you into me. I’ve... never even imagined doing something like this before. You’ll be closer to me, in a way, than anyone ever has. It makes me feel... strange. The amount of trust. The closeness...” she was subconsciously drawing Leo nearer to her lips as she spoke, and as she trailed off in her words, her cool, sweet smelling breath wafted over Leo and left him feeling strangely enticed, like he wanted to be closer to her than they had been. He was beginning to feel like he wanted to savor this privileged closeness and trust of which she spoke.

 

“We haven’t known each other long, Vela. There’s so much I don’t know about you, or you about me, that I can’t wait to explore. And even though our friendship is at its infancy, I have such strong, unexplainable feelings for you. But since there’s so much I don’t know, I’m almost afraid to ask for too much, afraid to misstep.” Vela’s face transformed into a coy sort of smile.

 

“And yet you’re about to give all of yourself to me to abate my discomfort, to quell my own selfish cravings. Such modesty!” She giggled.

 

“Well when you put it like that, this all seems a little one-sized!” Leo joked.

 

“It doesn’t have to be. I don’t want it to be. That’s why I want to know... what you want. Leo...” her voice assumed a breather tone again that had the slightest tinge of her hypnotic undertones. While apparently immune, it was working wonders on Leo now. “I sense what’s bothering you, Leo. It’s partly my fault. Maybe I haven’t been completely forthcoming, my little, handsome treat.” She put individual emphasis on each of the last three words that was dripping with seductive innuendo. Leo got the feeling that she knew exactly how to put him at ease.

 

“Well... I think it’s important that we’re completely honest and open with each other... before you let me inside you,” Leo said, attempting to match her playful confidence, though he was still somewhat trepidatious.

 

“Then I should tell you that I’ve been very much holding back, my sweet.” Vela’s voice seemed laced with more of that hypnotic tone by the word, and Leo was enjoying it. They both knew that it didn’t ‘work’ the way it was meant to, but Leo was still experiencing a small portion of its intended effect— his fear was melting away.

 

“There shouldn’t be any secrets between friends, Vela. What’s got your tongue?” She grinned.

 

“I was willing to treat this as a somewhat utilitarian affair. Less ceremoniously. I didn’t let on to you just how inevitably and undeniably satisfying it would be for me, and that was dishonest. Selfish even. Especially if you would enjoy sharing in that... pleasure.” Leo was enraptured by her words. She paused to allow him to speak, but when he just stared at her expectantly, she pressed on.

 

“Vampires aren’t overtly sexual in the way humans and perhaps borrowers are. We don’t express or experience such urges or satisfaction in the same way or from the same things, but we are still beings endowed with desire, and it is deeply ingrained in our cores. I’ll derive most supreme sexual satisfaction from the act of consuming you, Leo, both in the process of carrying it out, and from the feeling of having you...” she licked her lips and held him a little higher in her right hand so he could observe more of her body, “deep... down... inside of me.” As she delivered the last words, her left hand went up to her lips and dragged down across her chin as she extended her neck. She made a dramatic show of swallowing loudly and then gasped with satisfaction, her long tongue extending as her hand continued down her neck and across her torso in an ‘S’ pattern, settling on her stomach as she wiggled her hips and smiled at him with her pink, luminescent eyes seductively.

 

Leo’s heart nearly stopped at the erotic display. She had done it. She had crossed the barrier he had been so afraid to, and in so doing had somehow transformed this situation from one of reservations and doubts into one of carnal imperative. His inhibitions were eradicated. He wanted to please this woman in the way she most desired— needed. And he would derive satisfaction from the sensations it would bring in his own way: from the knowledge that he was somehow able to satisfy this colossal, gorgeous woman, from being allowed past her perfect lips, and even from being relished and swallowed down into her irresistible body. He wanted it now. He was more than simply comfortable; he was aroused.

 

“This is going to feel wonderful for me, isn’t it, Vela?” Her mouth hung open and she exhaled heavily, looking almost frustrated with anticipation.

 

“Oh my, yes. I’ll make it as sweet as you can handle.”

 

“It would probably feel better for both of us if...” he looked down at himself, “if all these dirty clothes weren’t in the way, don’t you think?” She cooed approvingly, and the pinks of her irises seemed to flare as her eyes widened with devious appreciation.

 

“Oh lala! I wasn’t going to insist on such measures, but now that you’ve so generously offered— yes. The more of our flesh making contact, the better. I want to feel your bare skin. I want to taste all of you, my scrumptious little Leo. Dress for the part, precious man.” She held Leo a few inches from her face, and he began to disrobe. He figured he didn’t have many clothes, and it was probably best that they not be subjected to what was about to transpire anyway.

 

His hands were shaking for a different reason now, but he was still able to make short work of the tie that held his trousers up. He realized as he was attempting to pull them off that he had forgotten to remove his shoes and cursed under his breath as he sat down in her palm and fussed with their buckles. He haphazardly kicked them off, tugged and kicked his trousers away, unbuttoned his shirt, and threw that aside as well. In a few moments, he was sitting stark naked against the cold skin of Vela’s hand, his clothes strewn about around him. She never took her eyes off of him during the process, and eyed him now with a hungry, admiring look in her eyes.

 

“It seems that you weren’t being entirely honest with me, either, little one. You didn’t tell me you were such a fine specimen of man. Such defined musculature! I’m already eating you up with my eyes.” As she spoke, she picked the blushing Leo up from behind with her index finger and thumb under his armpits. As she lifted him away from her palm, she closed her fist around his clothes and placed them in the corner of their ‘room’ in a small pile with care. Then, she turned her attention back to him, her eyes narrowing to glowing, pink slits.

 

“And now...” she said with the most hypnotically fervent tone he’d ever heard two, simple words imbued with, “for a much more proper taste of things to come.” She swept him into her kiss with such swiftness that he didn’t have a chance to experience the force until her lips were already pressed against his bare chest. She kissed him with rapacious determination, the tip of her tongue slipping from between her lips and giving him a little taste between each one. Then, she turned him sideways as her snakelike vampiric tongue slithered from its depths and slid underneath him. It hooked around behind his back and pulled him snugly against her upper lip as she sucked on his torso. All the while she was purring like a pleased cat, the muted vocalizations making his chest cavity rumble with soothing vibrations.

 

Vela was experiencing complete, hitherto unequaled ecstasy at the unfettered access her tastebuds now had to this appetizing little borrower. His bare skin felt like fire on her tongue. She felt that she could actually taste his body heat. She had tasted many men, being a vampire, but she couldn’t remember ever feeling such an electric shock at their mere feeling and flavor, and her memory was very far-reaching. What’s more, that was always a precursor for piercing the skin and getting what she was really thirsting for, but Leo was better than any mere appetizer. That in mind, she couldn’t wait to move on from tasting him to consuming him. But she marveled at what this introductory stage had to offer. She was certain that borrowers had their own magical quirks as did any race, and the ludicrous thought crossed her mind that being delicious could be one of them. How were there any left? Likely because they were so elusive and lived amongst humans who weren’t known for either hyper-sensitivity or devouring smaller humanoids, though they didn’t know what they were missing. She was eager to gobble this one up, but she was not in TOO much of a rush. She had a little time to savor him. And she wanted to make this a lovely for him as it was for her. A naughty thought crossed her mind, and it made her internally giggle. This would make the little man wild.

 

 

 

She eventually pulled him away and gave him a long lick from bottom to top, getting even his face moist with her inexplicably sweet-smelling saliva. As Vela held him close to her face, she grinned toothily, and glanced down at herself and back up quickly, her mouth hanging agape as she made a face as if to mockingly say, “oops.” Leo ventured a look at her body and saw that during their kiss, she had removed her top to reveal her naked upper body. Her modestly sized bust on full display in all of its shapely, curvy glory. She had what he’d estimate to be C-cup, perky, and positively supple breasts with small, pink areola and pointed nipples. His jaw dropped, and he could only stutter to show his appreciation for the view.

 

 

 

“What’s the matter, little Leo? Cat got your tongue? Cause a little lion’s got mine, and I couldn’t be more pleased. Leo grinned devilishly and did something she didn’t expect. He took a step forward and leapt from her hand and landed with very precise marksmanship directly on her left breast. She hadn’t exactly planned for this, becoming quite eager to devour the delicious man and sate herself, but she supposed he was entitled to settle his own outstanding accounts as well... and was surprised to find that his warm body felt unnaturally good against the exposed skin on her chest.

 

 

 

Leo stuck the landing and hugged Vela’s breast flesh lovingly. She giggled at him and used one hand to guide him into her ample cleavage. Then, she pressed them together, smushing him softly between the cold pillows of her pale mounds. She kept that up for a few minutes like a heavenly massage. His body heat sapping into her skin and warming her, making her vampiric skin feel more alive everywhere he was. After a while, she pinched him under the armpits again and brought him back up to her lovely face.

 

 

 

“Did you like that, little man?”

 

“I loved it. You’re beautiful in every way, Vela.” She made a face as if blushing, but her cheeks weren’t capable of flushing pink, remaining as bone white as ever, but her eyes flared adoringly.

 

“Looks are just superficial, Leo. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.” Leo understood the implication.

 

“I wager that’ll be as beautiful as the rest of you.”

 

“It will be once you’re in there...” she kissed him softly on his chest. She kept him close. Her eyes locked onto his. He knew she was ready. He had nearly been inside that mouth not long ago and it had felt wonderful. All his discomfort was like a distant memory. She had really softened his attitude about doing this.

 

“You really have a way of putting a guy at ease before you eat him up alive, Vela. Thank you.” She smiled in a very peculiar way that showed she found his joke particularly off-color.

 

“Swallow. I’m only swallowing you. You’re much more to me than a meal, Leo. But I’m glad... I’ve... had the loveliest night.”

 

“Me too. I think it’s still going to get a little better.”

 

“I think so, too... I... I’ve never felt so simultaneously emotionally and physically stimulated. This has been wonderful. I’m so enamored. I don’t know what it is about you, but I’m positively engaged. And we’ve only just met. And I think that the best is yet to come...” Leo knee what she meant. To her, this had all been some form of foreplay. And what was up next was more than just a different variety of sex. He was going to both satisfy her and cure a deep hurt. He was so flattered that he could be both just by being himself. He was ready.

 

“Vela... I want to satisfy your hunger for the night and make you feel full enough to sleep peacefully all day. You’ve held back long enough. Take me. I’m yours.” Her face became the perfect picture of gratefulness.

 

“Come here,” she said, and she opened her mouth wide with her tongue sticking out. She stuck him against her tongue, his chest and face pressed firmly against it, and she let go of him. Her lips came closed around his waist, and she slurped him into her hungry mouth with a “squelch” and a “pop!”

 

“M-m-m!” She moaned. The feeling of having him entirely inside her mouth was almost too much to bear. She couldn’t believe that it was possible to have a man so entirely encompassed, and she had yet to send him deeper. She didn’t know if her plan would work and he would really make her feel full like she hoped. She didn’t know for sure if he would suffice for a ‘meal replacement,’ but at this point she didn’t care. She knew she was loving this and that he would be safe inside her. She held him on her tongue just savoring the sensation of his existence before propelling him irresistibly onward.

 

Leo couldn’t have been completely prepared for being stuck inside her mouth, beautiful though it was. He had always been taught that being small carried the risk of getting gobbled up and that it was something to fear, so he had never imagined that he might one day couple the experience of slipping into a mouth that fully intended to swallow him with pleasure, let alone arousal. But he was into this. He was getting off on it. Her moans reverberated through his bones and chest and all he could think and feel was stimulation. He spared a fleeting thought for the self-conscious possibility that if he enjoyed this too much, she would judge him, but he immediately understood that to be beyond ridiculous and gave himself entirely into the blissful rapture. It felt strange in many ways. Her mouth was wet and dark, and the suction was oppressive, but it didn’t overpower his libido. The sweet smell of her insides pervaded his senses. He crawled forward, compelling her to do what he knew she wanted to. He was fit to burst with anticipation. Her mouth reacted to his pressing against the back of her throat.

 

Vela felt that Leo was actively squirming into the abyss, and she couldn’t resist any longer. She began to gulp. The first swallow resulted in what felt like his head and chest being lodged in her esophagus. She lingered with him there for a moment. She didn’t need to breathe, so it was no issue. She squeezed him with her throat and tongue with several half-swallows that kept him in place in a last desperate effort to taste him thoroughly and detected a sudden explosion of salty flavor on her taste buds. She smiled with the knowledge that at least ‘little Leo’ was enjoying this as much as she was. She knew it was time.

 

She gulped hard. She hadn’t swallowed anything solid, let alone something the size of Leo in countless years. Regardless, Leo went slipping down her throat with ease and swiftness. He didn’t struggle. He just enjoyed the ride. In no time, Vela felt him deposited by her esophagus softly into the deepest pit of her otherwise void belly. She stared down at her belly with wide, surprised eyes. If she required to breathe, she might have hyperventilated, but her only physical reaction to shock was to stay utterly still. She remained like that for a while. She could hardly believe it. She felt Leo, a man the size of a large mouse, resting gently inside her stomach, and she felt full. She felt GOOD.

 

“Gods above,” she whispered. “Moons and stars... thunder and lightning, heavenly bodies, comets and meteorites!” The volume of her voice had risen to a shout by her last words, but then she remembered herself, and lowered her voice. “Leo and Vela.” She finished, rubbing her belly lovingly.

 

Leo would have been almost embarrassed at how much he had enjoyed Vela’s oral treatment of his person before sending him down her gullet, but he knew better than that, though he supposed there was no way someone as perceptive as she was hadn’t noticed his ‘excitation.’ The initial swallowing was a tight, forceful sensation that made it difficult for him to breathe deeply, causing him to grunt in effort all the way down, but it was very short-lived. In seconds, the tightness gave way to a roomier space, though he had to admit, it was a little more cramped than he had thought it would be. Perhaps it was because she had gone so long without eating, or even because she never partook in solid food, but her stomach was a little on the cramped side. He didn’t mind that so much. Borrowers were quite the opposite of claustrophobic. They loved tight spaces. They felt more secure in them.

 

His eyes attempted to adjust the his new, pitch black surroundings to little success. There was simply no light in here to utilize. He placed his hands down beside him and gave the folds of her belly a little push to get a feel for the give and spring of the stomach in case he tried to walk. The flesh was slick and utterly smooth. Besides the large, overlapping folds themselves, the flesh of the stomach was virtually without texture. His hands slipped across its lubricated surface effortlessly. He determined that walking was probably out of the question. “Not like I’m going anywhere,” he thought aloud. He could hardly believe it. He was trapped inside the stomach of a gorgeous vampire, and he had agreed to it! He had enjoyed it! And he was still enjoying it. He was fascinated by it. After a bit, her heard Vela’s voice. It was a little muffled, but he could still discern her words with little effort. She was apparently celebrating his presence. He smiled contentedly. At the end of her praises, she murmured their names. He felt a slight increase in pressure as the wall he was leaning against was pressed inwards. He figured she was rubbing her tummy. He felt extraordinarily flattered. He was so glad this was working the way she had imagined. It almost felt like a life-hack! Feeling empty? No food? Swallow your friend for a while! He laughed at the thought, and sighed. He put his hands behind his head, crossed his ankles, and slid down into a reclined position, resting comfortably in her stomach’s smooth folds.

 

“This is pretty nice,” he admitted with satisfaction.

 

“I’m glad you think so,” Was Vela’s muffled but audible response. He was startled. She had heard him? Of course she could hear him. Those ears homed in on his precise location behind a wall. That’s how they met. Still, for some reason he had expected this to be a somewhat isolating experience. He thought that even though he’d be this close to her, he’d feel cut off in a way. But this changed everything.

 

“Vela! I’m so glad you can hear me! That’s comforting,” he knew now that he could tell her if he was having any problems and she would have no trouble answering his cries for help. Though, he doubted he would need help. He was feeling quite cozy.

 

“I’m glad you’re comfortable. I’m glad you enjoyed your little journey,” she said with some implication. He laughed.

 

“Well thank you for making it so pleasant. It was... the most exotic experience I’ve ever had. Still is.”

 

“What’s it like in my stomach?”

 

“Well, it’s much quieter than I anticipated. Your body doesn’t seem to make much noise. There’s... no heartbeat... and you only seem to engage your lungs before speaking. At first it was cold, but my own meager body heat seems to have actually warmed the small space considerably. It’s become very comfortable. It’s relatively dry, though the walls are moist and slick. Your belly certainly isn’t a puddle of acid like I had initially imagined. Would you even produce acid? I guess not...” he trailed off. He heard Vela giggle. All of her vocalizations had a different timber from his current vantage point.

 

“It’s not too dark or tight in there I hope.”

 

“No. It’s dark, yes. But I’m to be sleeping in here, so that’s nice. And I like tight. I live inside the walls after all. I love it. It’s cozy.” Vela hugged herself tightly with both arms, squeezing her stomach a little. Leo smiled. “What’s it like having a borrower in your belly?” He asked.

 

“It’s amazing, Leo. You’re superb. It’s better than I’d imagined. I only hoped that your presence would take the edge off of my hunger, but you’ve banished it. And more. It feels... felicitous. Like there couldn’t be a more complete feeling. I’d keep you with me inside my belly forever if it were at all possible.” Leo felt very affirmed by her words. He knew she wouldn’t leave him there for good. But he loved that it made her so happy. He felt and heard her sigh and lie down. “But alas, I’ll let you out tonight.” She yawned. “Tonight, after some extremely restful sleep. Will you sleep well in there, my Leo?” He loved being called ‘hers.’ It seemed fitting. She had certainly staked her claim.

 

“Yes, I think I will. I’m exhausted. I’m semi-nocturnal, but I don’t typically stay up until dawn,” he said. “And I’m very comfortable both physically and spiritually. Today began quite distressingly for me. But you’ve given me a feeling of... home.” Vela smiled contentedly.

 

“You as well, borrower. I’ll be taking a little piece of home with me. I’m... so thankful for you. I don’t have many friends. None that I see frequently. I’d like to call you my friend, Leo.” Leo got the impression that the term, ‘friend,’ carried a lot of weight with vampires. He felt charmed. Blessed even.

 

“I am your friend, Vela. Thank you for being mine.” He heard her let out another yawn. Little did he know, for a vampire, yawning twice was unheard of. It meant the sun was rising and she was resisting the irresistible. She needed to sleep, but also wanted to make sure Leo was comfortable before giving in. “You sound tired. You should sleep.”

 

“I will now. Thank you, again, Leo, for letting me borrow your body. Sweet dreams, precious boy.” She fell asleep immediately.

 

“Vela?” Leo asked. He chuckled. He wished he could get to sleep like that, but his eyelids were already growing heavy. It wouldn’t be long. He resumed his reclined position and began to replay the events of the day in his mind, something he always did as he fell asleep. It helped him remember the day better in the future, and today was a day he’d want to remember forever.

 

“I love you, Vela,” he whispered, and drifted off to sleep, deep in the belly of a vampire woman. Sleeping safe and sound with his friend.

End Notes:

Thank you so much for reading! Please let me know if you enjoyed it in a review! I just do this for fun, but it's really nice to hear what people think! 

Chapter 2: The Man Called Green by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

Thanks to all who left me positive reviews! You've motivated me to keep on with these characters. Enjoy what I consider to be a sort of "transitional" chapter into Vela's and Leo's adventure together. 

character and plot developing chapter with some action. 

Chapter Two: The Man Called Green

 

Vela awoke to a room filled with millions of tiny motes of twinkling dust that winked in and out of existence as they passed from beam to beam of soft golden light, broken up by the elegantly mangled branches of the apple tree that stood by the window of their secluded chateaux. She attempted to count the flecks of dust but couldn’t quite register them quickly enough before they’d seemingly cease to exist as they passed out of the warm light from the window.

 

She could feel the refreshing cold of the stone slate on her back that she had slept upon, a habit her elders discouraged. She would have to get used to sleeping inside the little granite chamber soon enough, they would say. They would smile and shake their heads at her insistence—her juvenile reluctance of giving up something cherished and fleeting like a doll or sucking a thumb— that if the soft light of the setting sun didn’t bother her yet, then why shouldn’t she be allowed to awaken to its beauty? She understood on a level of intellectualism she chose more often than not to ignore that they were right: that one day it would be dangerous, that it would cause her pain— could kill her. But for now, what luscious warmth the sun brought her body and soul! Its rays seemed to penetrate her skin and linger within, filling her up until she was overflowing with its golden radiance. She sat up on the granite slate and placed both hands upon her abdomen. The warmth she felt within was so real. She wanted to sing from the feeling it brought her.

 

She leapt daintily off of her stone bed and ran to the door, yearning beyond reason to feel that warmth unfiltered by the tinted glass of the window. She swung the door open and was startled into motionlessness. The sun was standing at her door. He had glowing, golden skin and brilliant highlights in his auburn hair. His irises shone with a fire like she’d never seen— but she had seen them. She knew this face from somewhere, but she couldn’t quite place it. Her beautiful sun took a few, slow, deliberate steps towards her, smiling knowingly as he approached. She was filled with inexplicable nervousness mixed with desperate excitement. She was afraid of him: this man, the sun. But she longed for him to come to her.

 

He stopped directly in front of her, his eyes level with her own, and he extended one hand, and placed it on her bare abdomen in the space exposed by her loosely hanging shawl. She gasped at his touch. It felt like a flame that overloaded her senses with so much pleasure that it threatened to hurt! She looked down at his hand and was surprised to see that she didn’t have the petite body of a child, but a woman’s physique.

 

She looked back up, and the sun was gone. It was dark outside. She turned around, and the little castle had vanished. She was standing alone in the middle of a dark grove. But she wasn’t afraid. She wasn’t alone. She placed her hands where the sun had touched her, and she thought she could still feel him there. She had somehow managed to keep a piece of the sun, and it felt wonderful. The shadowy grove swayed in a cool breeze, and she smiled.

 

***

 

Vela awoke in complete darkness, temporarily unaware of where she was or how she had gotten there. She stared into the darkness for a moment, collecting her thoughts, taking stock of her environment and whereabouts. The events of the previous night began to come back to her, replacing the visions of her dream with solid memories of reality. It struck her that she had been dreaming. She hadn’t had a dream in many long years, and she clung to the images and feelings it left in her mind, still fresh. The feelings of the dream seemed to color her mood with a strange, ethereal sensation that felt fresh and new every time she sampled the memories of it, not losing its unique character no matter how long she allowed her thoughts to linger on it.

 

She smiled contentedly and laced her fingers together with her hands resting on her abdomen, the warmth of the dream seeming to be concentrated just below the palms of her cold hands. Then, she remembered everything about the night before in an instant and had to will herself not to leap up in shock. “Oh, my goodness, that’s right,” she thought to herself. “I have a borrower in my belly.” This dusk-awakening was throwing her for quite the loop. She hadn’t woken up in an unfamiliar location in a long time either, and she had certainly never forgotten herself so much in such a disoriented way. How could she have forgotten the source of this incredible sensation still present deep within her core? She could feel him resting peacefully in her stomach; Leo.

 

When she concentrated hard enough, she could actually detect the steady tempo of his sleeping breaths and minuscule heartbeat. So, he had managed to sleep well within her. That was good. It would be a long night. She was glad he had rested and hoped it had been as refreshing as her own sleep had been. She lied there in silent appreciation for a while, contemplating the dream she had had, and the night before. Both were so singular and exciting in their novelty. So little was completely new to her anymore. It made her feel like the young girl she had been once again in her dream, back when she was warmer, softer, more curious and less worldly. Back when she could still bear to look upon the setting sun.

 

She decided that it had to be a combination of the spiritual warmth Leo had helped her feel the evening before combined with the literal, physical heat he was still radiating into her cold body from within that had inspired the dream. Even a good, gluttonous meal didn’t stay warm inside her all throughout the day while she slept, but Leo didn’t cool, his persistent flame burning on like a magical candle that she coveted and wanted to keep hidden.

 

She sighed, knowing that this peaceful moment must give way to productivity. They had to travel. And before that, she had to eat. If the night before had proven anything besides her apparent disposition towards nigh-forgotten feelings of whimsical abandonment, it was that food was growing scarce in these hills. She almost giggled at a thought she had. “I need to eat something besides you, my little sun,” she whispered to the man slumbering in her belly.

 

Vela sat up slowly, not wanting to disturb the little guy more than was necessary to wake him. She acknowledged with humor that even sitting up would be the equivalent of dumping poor Leo out of bed, or at least rocking it quite a bit. When she was sitting in an almost upright position, she paused to feel his movements, and he still hadn’t stirred. She stared at her midsection with interest, impressed by Leo’s ability to sleep so soundly in such a strange and new environment as her stomach. She pondered for a moment about how best to wake him and settled on gently prodding her belly with her hand while saying his name softly.

 

Leo, who quite often had dreams, was dreaming that he was in a hammock tied in a small fork of a tree branch suspended high in the air. There was water somewhere rushing along far below him that soothed his senses. Suddenly, he was no longer alone in the hammock. Vela was there. She was gently pressing against his flank and saying his name, but she sounded distant and distorted.

 

“Leo, my little firefly, it’s time to wake up.”

 

“But I am awake, Vela.” He was confused. She shook her head, and pressed him a little harder, somehow rocking the hammock.

 

“Can’t stay in there all night, friend.” He stared at her beautiful face with wonderment, and then, just as he made sense of her words, his eyes snapped open, and he was in perfect darkness.

 

“Oh. Wow,” he said, momentarily taken aback at the strange sensation of awakening inside a vampire’s stomach. This was certainly a first among firsts. He heard Vela softly murmuring his name from outside as she seemed to be pressing against herself where she knew he would feel it. He pressed his hand against the smooth, slick flesh of her belly where he estimated her fingers to be. “I’m up. Good morning, Vela.” She chuckled.

 

“Good evening, Leo.” He realized his mistake. Evening. Of course. It was hard to tell from his current position, but vampires didn’t exactly rise with the sun. “Did you sleep well, little guy?” She asked. He sat up and rubbed sleep from his eyes.

 

“I guess I did, yeah. Pretty comfortable in here, to be frank. Surprisingly so.” Vela felt so tender towards Leo that his complimenting her belly as ‘surprisingly comfortable’ made her feel strangely flattered. It was certainly not one she had heard before from a man, let alone one not under ‘the influence.’

 

“Well, you’re welcome to return anytime you like, scrumptious! Or you could just stay inside me forever!” She teased. Leo laughed groggily.

 

“Yeah, tempting,” he said with a little sarcasm. “But I think I’d begin to miss your lovely face,” he added. Vela smiled big at this.

 

“O-h-h-h, such a smooth talker. Trying to sweet talk your way out of my depths?”

 

“Hey, I think many men would be more likely to try and charm their way into them.” He paused at the sound of his own words, wondering if that sounded weird. “Into your... well. You know what I mean.” She laughed softly.

 

“You’re not making a very good case for being let out.”

 

“Suppose I’m not. How, um, do we go about that, anyway?”

 

“Oh? You don’t know? Well if you just crawl to the back of my stomach, I’m sure you’ll find the exit. It’s several meters in length, and a little snug, but I’m sure you can figure it out.” Leo was confused for a moment, and then made sense of her implication. Surely, she didn’t intend to make him wriggle through her intestines and out her— she cut him off mid-thought. “You thought I was serious, didn’t you?” She laughed loudly, her belly heaving a bit with Leo inside.

 

“Kinda did, yeah,” he admitted.

 

“Oh, Leo. You’re swift, and doubtlessly gifted at navigating tight places. But that would take all night! That, and, well, nothing’s been through there in a while... not sure how it would feel. Some other time,” she finished, and he wasn’t sure if she was still joking. He was about to repeat his original question, when suddenly he was squeezed on all sides by the soft folds of her belly, and his stomach sank into his feet as he felt quite quickly propelled upwards. In no time, he was back up within the mouth that had consumed him early that morning. She didn’t open up immediately, instead getting a good last taste of her ‘placeholder meal,’ licking him thoroughly and humming with satisfaction. Then, he saw dim light as the portal opened before him. He was met with a view of her open palm as her tongue extended from between her lips with him upon it. She let him slide off of it and into her hand. He landed gently on his chest and rolled over onto his back. He had the pleasure of looking into the lovely face of the woman who had been his captor and benefactor. She was gazing at him adoringly with a hand on her cheek. He decided that if she could blush, she’d be doing it.

 

“Nice to see you again, Vela.”

 

“Yes, same to you, though I didn’t miss you one bit,” she kissed him, taking him by surprise. “But I did miss doing that.” Unfortunately for Leo, he was physiologically capable of blushing. She smiled at the effect she had on him, never losing its delight. Leo suddenly realized that Vela was still naked from the waist up, something she had not rectified from the night prior. While this shouldn’t be a big deal to the man who had just spent the day literally inside of this woman, he felt a little bashful, and wanted to appear as casual about such things as she appeared to be. He cleared his throat.

 

“Ahem, yes. Well, plenty of time for that on the road, I hope. So, what’s the plan?”

 

“First I need to hunt. If I can close width on something filling early enough in the evening, then we may begin on our journey.”

 

“Can’t you hunt in the direction of our travels?” Leo asked. Vela looked at him inquisitively.

 

“You wish to... join me in hunting?” Leo worried that he’d miss-stepped.

 

“Oh, no, I mean. Not if you’re uncomfortable with it. I don’t know. Is it something you prefer to do alone?” Vela stared at him through narrow eyes for a moment before she burst out laughing.

 

“Gods, make ME uncomfortable? You continue to surprise me, Leo. No, I simply assumed watching me feed would make YOU uncomfortable. I don’t mind at all! In fact, I welcome it!” She was being utterly sincere, though she refrained from telling Leo how much she truly hated the idea of leaving him here while she went hunting alone. She was loath to part from him, feeling abnormally attached to the borrower, and she had an irrational feeling that if she lost sight of him, she may never find him again.

 

“Well it’s settled then. I’ll gather a few things from here and we’ll be on our way. Do you need to stop by your place for anything?” Vela shook her head.

 

“I have everything I need. Starting over means starting over. The only thing I’m bringing with me is you, Leo.” Leo’s chest fluttered a little. He liked to fancy himself being all that she needed but kept his opinion on the matter quiet.

 

“Well then,” he said, hopping from her hand and over to the corner where she’d bundled his clothing the night before once he’d discarded them. She appreciated how swift the man could be. He was quite quick on his feet. “I’ll just get dressed. You mind getting the hatch? It’s a more direct route to where I need to get than through my little passageways.” Vela stood and lifted the hatch. Soft, silvery moonlight flooded into the crawl space. She went to offer him a hand but saw that he was already bounding up the stairs one hop per step. “Marvelous little creature,” she thought to herself.

 

“Oh, full moon tonight, I think,” He remarked.

 

“Not quite. It will be in a couple of days,” she replied.

 

“Oh, well it’s really bright, anyway. Really glowing up the place. You’ve gone and made me a new front door,” he joked as he neared the hole in the wall from whence she had snatched him the night before. “Quite conveniently located if you don’t mind my saying so, but the craftsmanship is a little... hasty.” She giggled.

 

“The ends justified the means?” She suggested. He leapt up to the hole and turned to look at her before slipping away. He smiled.

 

“That they do, Vela. Back before you know it!”

 

“I’ll count the seconds.” He chuckled as he turned his back to her and disappeared from view. She wasn’t joking. Counting was a favorite pastime of hers, and she couldn’t help but begin subconsciously counting the seconds while he was away.

 

One. Two. Three.

 

Her stomach growled. She frowned. Her belly had been momentarily confused after she’d spit Leo back up, but it seemed to have caught on that it was, indeed, quite empty, and all of the ravenous sensations of having put off the drinking of sorely needed blood came back and hit her with a vengeance, her bitter thirst punishing her for tricking it so cruelly.

 

Thirty-seven, thirty-eight. Thirty-nine.

 

She listened carefully to the sounds of Leo scampering around within the walls, wondering what his living situation in there had been like. She entertained thoughts of his years spent in the house, living comfortably off of the unknown kindness of his host family, borrowing food and affects from them that they wouldn’t miss.

 

One hundred eighty-six, one hundred eighty-seven, one hundred eighty-eight.

 

Vela was blessedly patient, but Leo seemed to have an odd way of making her feel juvenile in weird ways, and she needed something to distract her besides simply counting. She turned to the wall opposite the one she currently detected Leo to be behind and approached it. She found a light, wooden trunk, and popped the latch, opening it to find some clothes that had been left behind. She took a look at herself. The rags that passed for pants had certainly seen better days. She didn’t perspire, so they weren’t soiled from sweat or odors, but they had been worn to the point of being threadbare, where there were still threads. They were torn to the point of almost being shorts, threatening to come apart at the seams, and they were discolored where they weren’t stained. She knew that the blouse she had discarded in the crawl space wasn’t any better off, so she decided that it wouldn’t hurt to exchange her wardrobe before their journey. While looking sharp wasn’t her priority, clothing served practical purposes, and she giggled while imagining Leo’s horror if her pants were to fly apart completely if she caught a loose branch in the woods.

 

Four hundred fifty-one. Four hundred fifty-two.

 

She pulled down the tattered pants and stepped out of them. Then, she bent forward and began rummaging through the little chest for something that would be a good fit, favoring function over fashion. At the bottom, she discovered a set of black, heavy trousers that looked like they’d survive quite a few passes through briars and near misses with rough-barked trees, even at her speed. She selected a light, linen blouse of beige that had ties which would allow for a tighter fit, regardless of that fact that it was cut for someone a little stockier than she was. Luckily, she had no use for shoes, because good shoes weren’t something people left lying around regardless of what kind of a hurry they’re in, or how light they need to pack. Vela’s feet were as tough as the rest of her, and she preferred to keep them bare.

 

Seven hundred thirty-eight. Seven hundred thirty-nine... what was taking that Leo?

 

Leo had made his way up into the ceiling, gabbed his satchel that could be strung diagonally across his back, and began to have an entirely different debate than he was having about packing the night before. He could probably get away with packing a little heavier now that Vela would probably be doing most of the walking. Leo liked walking, but he doubted he could keep up with the vampire even if he was her size, but he still didn’t want to bring more than he could fit on his back, even if he wasn’t going to be hoofing it for miles on his own.

 

He stuffed the satchel with various provisions from dried meats and tiny jars of preserves to a change of clothes and some hygienic supplies. He looked around the nook in the ceiling that he had called his “room,” for years and wondered if he’d miss it much. This place certainly wouldn’t be a home without the noises of the Tolbert’s, the now-gone family, making all the sounds that filled these walls with life.

 

He would miss them. Though he enjoyed it more here when the kids were still young. Borrowers, like many magical folks, tended to live a while longer than humans, and he had seen the kids grow up, take husbands and wives, and move on to start their own families. The family he had grown used to was now just a couple of aging parents quietly enjoying their empty nest. And now, they had gone too. It was time for Leo to move on as well. He was to lucky to have met Vela.

 

He was about to leave his room before he remembered why he’d been on his way up here before he met Vela. He had used to keep a journal. He had let the habit get away from him, but since he had anticipated being alone on the road a while, he thought he might enjoy reading his old entries, and pass some time writing more. He remembered where he’d stashed it; it was just over the nearest wooden beam and tucked into a tiny notch in the second rafter away.

 

He hopped and dashed over to its hiding place and peered through a tiny hole in the ceiling to see what Vela was doing while she waited. His jaw dropped, and he actually did a double take, comically rubbing his eyes. He didn’t mean to peep, but he couldn’t peel his eyes away from the beautiful spectical before him. She was bent over stark naked and rummaging through a wooden chest where he knew the Tolbert’s kept some old clothes.

 

Didn’t she know he might emerge from his packing errand at any moment? He reasoned that she really must not care about such things. He realized that when she removed her top while kissing him the previous night, she had only done so to excite him, as nudity didn’t seem to mean anything to the vampire. Even so, it meant something to him, and he gawked like an idiot at the moonlight glinting on the pale, almost luminescent skin of her perfect rear. He seriously couldn’t believe how beautiful and sexy this woman was. “I spent the night with that woman,” he thought. “In that woman,” he corrected himself.

 

As she stood erect from her search in the chest, he pried himself away out of reflex. He caught his breath, waited a moment for his heart rate to settle, and made his way back down to the hole. The hole really was much closer than the way he was used to getting in.

 

As he emerged from the hole, Vela had just finished tying the string of her ‘new’ blouse.

 

“One thousand forty-four,” she said casually. He paused after hopping down from the hole, tilting his head.

 

“One thousand forty— what?” He asked.

 

“You were gone for one thousand forty-four seconds. I said I’d count.” She said with a smile. “Something keep you? Or did you just have a lot to pack?” He felt a lump in his throat. How many seconds had he wasted staring at her naked butt? Before he could think, he found himself saying something truly outrageous:

 

“I was passing by a hole in the ceiling and I became distracted,” he said with such a casual air that he was shocked, and the back of his neck turned hot enough to fry an egg. Why had he just told her that? He understood she seemed incapable of lying, but that didn’t mean he was. He looked at her while he awaited some kind of reprimand, but she merely grew wide-eyed and laughed.

 

“Oh! My goodness! I completely forgot myself! I’m sorry, Leo! That’s so... lacking in self-awareness? I forget such things unless I’m in a very specific mood, you see, and...” Leo raised a hand once again to cut her off. She seemed perceptive to that body language. He couldn’t let Vela blame herself when she was blameless, which he assumed she would always be.

 

Sometimes she seemed so innocent.

 

“You don’t have to apologize for me spying on you while you change. You certainly don’t have to apologize for nudity,” he said, and she just smiled at him. “I’m just sorry it didn’t last longer,” he finished with a joking tone. Always finish with humor, he thought. Secretly, Vela was all too aware that she had a chance of being caught. She truly didn’t care. But she liked teasing the little guy. Especially since he was keeping her waiting. Her stomach was growing impatient. She couldn’t just delay that need by swallowing borrowers forever.

 

“Ha! Well, if I never put clothes back on, you’d never have come back out!” She giggled.

 

“That’s not... necessarily true,” he said quietly. She shrugged off his protests.

 

“Do you like the new look?” He hadn’t honestly paid much attention to her new clothes. He took a gander at them now. He tried and failed to stifle a laugh. “What?” She asked.

 

“Those belonged to the young master years ago.” Her face remained unchanged. “They’re men’s clothes?” He offered. Still, she just looked at him perplexed. He relented. “Well they... they look a lot better on you.” He concluded.

 

Vela opened her mouth to say something he assumed would be a retort, but then her eyes narrowed, and she looked sharply to her left out the window.

 

“Someone approaches,” she said in a low whisper that almost sounded like a hiss. Suddenly, Vela was like a completely different person. Leo didn’t need to be told to take cover. He didn’t know what she knew. He couldn’t hear the coming of the stranger yet. He didn’t know how far off they were or if they were even coming this way, but borrowers instinctively took cover when they knew humans were nearby.

 

Leo knew the house well, so his body knew where to go. His instincts carried him swiftly to a nearby board in the floor with a natural hole in it, and he quickly slipped out of sight. He peered out of it and watched Vela carefully. If he hadn’t been looking, he wouldn’t have known she had seemingly glided across the room and hid against the wall where she wouldn’t be seen when the stranger came in through the front door. He was baffled. She was so silent when she wanted to be! How could one move so quickly with such stealth? He shook his head, trying to pay attention to her just in case he had to move in a hurry. Though he was certain that whoever came through that door, she would have it under control. He almost felt bad for the unseen stranger. But he understood that a vampire must feed.

 

Vela had snapped into hunting mode, her instincts taking over the moment she heard the distant footsteps of the approaching stranger. They sounded like they belonged to a human man wearing heavy boots and some heavy gear that shortened his gait and rattled after his footfalls. Could he be military? A mercenary? This town didn’t get a lot of that sort, but it wasn’t unheard of. She caught a glimpse of Leo hiding himself and was content that he would be safely out of the way so she’d be able to get what she needed from this man, whoever he was, and then she could snatch Leo up and they’d be on their way.

 

She waited for the man to enter the house. More than likely, he was a simple thief looking to make an easy mark of one more abandoned home. She listened eagerly as his boots came up the path. Her mouth watered the moment one of them “clunked” heavily on the first wooden step. “Clunk, clunk, clu-clunk.” He was standing in front of the door. She was set like a spring trap, ready to pounce. Any second now, the door would open, he would pass through, and she’d have him in her arms and under the alluring influence of her voice. She’d taste man’s blood tonight. It was exactly what she needed.

 

The door didn’t open.

 

She stood there in frozen silence. She could hear the soft, calm breathing of the mysterious man. She could even hear Leo breathing, though his breathing was a little more intense, his energy elevated. She waited. The man would enter. Surely, he would enter. Why else would he even approach the door?

 

His footsteps resumed, but they were moving away from the door. The man moved over to the nearby window and seemed to peer inside. Vela knew there was no chance he could see her, so she continued to lie in wait. He took his time, thoroughly taking in all he could through the dusty window. Then, the unthinkable happened. The stranger spoke.

 

“House looks empty, but it ain’t, is it?” He said more as a statement than a real question. Vela was dumbfounded. How did he know? What sort of trickery? Was he bluffing? “No use in hiding, I know there’s someone behind the door, I just can’t see ya.” Well that settled it. Vela was certain he wasn’t lying. She’d be able to tell at this point, and he’d guessed her hiding place as well. She’d have to do this in a more direct manner.

 

“What do you want?” She asked, feigning a quiver of fear. “We don’t have anything valuable.” He chuckled.

 

“A woman, huh? You don’t have much of anything, I presume. I’m told this house is freshly abandoned. Now, I didn’t come here to hurt anyone. I’m just looking for easy loot. Fair game. I’m guessing that’s what you’re after too, no? So why don’t you just open up and we’ll settle this civilly. Split what we can carry. No need to quarrel. No need to worry.”

 

Vela didn’t like this. Something was wrong. The man wasn’t lying, she was sure of that, but he wasn’t telling the whole truth. Still, she was sure she could handle him.

 

She stepped out of her shadow and opened the door.

 

The door swung open, and the two strangers stood there in the moonlight separated by a mere meter of empty space. The light cast a shadow of the man across Vela’s face, obscuring her slightly, but making him backlit to her. She could see him clearly, however. He looked like an average man in his mid-thirties. He wore a brimmed hat, a loose, cotton cloak, and leather gloves and boots. Physically, he wasn’t much of a specimen, but it was his demeanor that concerned her. His gaze was intelligent. He kept her in his center field of vision, but as soon as the door opened and he took note of her location, he’d looked past her into the room, scanning it for threats. He didn’t scare her, but he kept her on her guard. He might not be a simple meal.

 

After a moment of looking around, his eyes fixed on hers.

 

“You’ve got some beautiful eyes.” He said.

 

“You looking for more than free goods?” Vela asked with a hint of seduction, hooking her middle finger into the collar of her blouse and tugging on it revealingly. She had to try every angle before resorting to brute force. It didn’t work.

 

“Oh, I’m sure if you were really offering, it would come at a cost. But no, I really did just come here to do a little harmless pillaging— just didn’t expect to run into a vampire in an empty cottage.” If Vela’s heart were beating before, it would have stopped. Her face transformed from the prior, unlikely mixture of concern and allure into one of pure and focused predation. No more facades.

 

“You’re a rather perceptive mortal, aren’t you,” she said in a more serious tone, “and a willful one at that. Not given to fear. Your courage makes your eyes and head clear.”

 

“I appreciate the compliments, Miss...” he paused to allow for her name.

 

“I’ll refrain for now,” she said, not willing to lie, but not eager to over share.

 

“Fair. Miss Fuchsia,” he said, alluding to the pink of her eyes that was burning with a darker hue in the moonlight. “Well, Miss Fuchsia, I do appreciate compliments that seem sincere, and while I know you’d probably say anything to get what you need if you’re needing it, I know you don’t need flattery, like you know that my clear eyes and head won’t do too much for me in the long run if, well. Are you thirsty?” She shuddered at the directness of the question. No way to dodge it.

 

“Quite,” she said, not moving and inch. The man didn’t seem perturbed by this.

 

“Then I suppose you’ll be wanting to drink my blood...”

 

“Some.”

 

“Good to know. Miss Fuchsia has self-control. Well, seems fitting. Came here to do some thievin, end up losing something of mine. Probably not much I can do to stop you, but...” he brought his left hand up and hooked the thumb into his belt buckle. He seemed to be leaning back into a comfortably poised position.

 

“But?” Vela asked, cautious, but amused with the young humans knowledgeable and calm demeanor. She fully intended to sink her teeth into him, but she got the feeling there was another shoe yet to drop.

 

“But I’m not going to just lie down and give it to you.” She grinned.

 

“You want to fight me, human?” He returned here grin.

 

“Yeah, I guess I do.”

 

“This will only end one way, Mr...”

 

“Now I’m no mister, but you can call me Green.”

 

“Green. This doesn’t have to hurt. But I’m sure you understand, I can’t pass this up.”

 

“No doubt, Miss Fuchsia.”

 

Leo was watching with keen interest from his little hole in the floorboards. He couldn’t get a good visual on the man because Vela was in the way and the angle was a little sharp, but he could hear everything clearly. Vela was leaning against the doorframe casually engaging with this human who had somehow identified her as a vampire immediately upon looking at her in the dark room. Sure, if you knew what you were looking for, Leo supposed a vampire would be hard to miss, but that still said something about the man. They finished speaking, having come to the conclusion together that they would have to resort to some degree of violence. Leo was interested in the pending duel. He wanted to see what Vela was capable of.

 

Vela assumed her statuesque state, waiting for her opponent to make the first move. She intended to counter whatever clumsy attack and use it against him to ensnare him in a throw or a hold so she could have quick and easy access to a vein. She hoped he would simply punch so she could bar his arm and bite him on the inside of the elbow or the underside of his forearm. Outwardly, she was as stone. Inwardly, however, she was a tempest of anticipation and raw thrill. She was so hungry it hurt. She was aware that might impair her judgment a little, and perhaps even make her sloppy, but it didn’t weaken her. Not yet. And tonight, she would have her fill.

 

The man slowly extended his right arm to the side, holding it parallel to the floor. His fingers splayed out and a baton of some sort seemed to leap from his sleeve into his grip. It was smooth and made from nearly black wood until it got to the base and handle, at which point there was a shallow guard inscribed with some sort of light blue, glowing runes before the rest of the handle was bound in simple leather. Vela eyed the instrument with curiosity. The man rocked back, picked up his right foot, let it fall back, planted it firmly on the wooden porch with a dull “thud,” and sprang forward, swinging the baton at Vela’s head.

 

She waited until the last possible moment to react, making up her mind as to how she would counter his simple, careless attack. She decided on catching his wrist in her left hand and wrapping her right arm under it to finish with a karate chop to his neck, which would stun him long enough for her to grab the baton and disarm him for easier manipulation. She began with the grab, easily capturing his swinging arm, but, to her surprise, something extraordinary happened. He angled the baton in his right hand to lightly touch her left wrist which held his, and the touch held the impact like that of a 20-pound sledgehammer being swung by a man twice his size.

 

Vela’s left arm was repelled with such sudden and unexpected violence, it sent her unbalanced and unprepared body spinning in a full circle. She was helpless to stop it, as her feet had left the floor. She was at the mercy of momentum. She threw out her legs and attempted to counter-twist at her trunk to try and divert some of the inertia, but as she came back around for the full spin, she saw that, though the man hadn’t had much time to move, he had used it wisely. Somehow, the hand with the wand hadn’t been thrown back after it sent her spinning. He’d simply brought his right hand carrying the baton back towards her a little, and her own spin caused her to collide with it at many times the force with which the first touch had sent her spinning.

 

The impact was magnificent. Vela’s face was the perfect picture of utter shock as she was thrown into the floor with such force that she splintered the boards and slid all the way into the far wall, which also cracked and splintered from her impact. She hardly had time to compose herself and stand back up before the young man was on her again, and he brought the baton against her chest. He connected a full swing, powered with the speed of his sprinting, for the first time, and Vela seemed to disappear along with a chunk of the wall about six feet in diameter.

 

The stranger stood in the center of the gaping, jagged hole in the wall and stared into the darkness outside. He was breathing heavily, and the hand holding his baton shook.

 

“Hmph.” He grunted, raising his shaking hand. “She’s like hitting an oak tree. Damn, that aches.”

 

Leo was a little horrified. He hadn’t expected this to go the way it had at all. He snapped into action, hopping out of his floorboard hiding place and slipping out of the gaping hole in the wall, right past the stranger without him noticing. Leo ran a few feet into the woods and looked around for Vela. He was standing in her impact crater, but she was nowhere to be seen. Leo turned around to look back into the hole from which the human man was still staring with unseeing eyes into the night.

 

Just then, the window to the left of the man shattered, and Vela had a hold of his free hand. She gave him no time to act, swinging his entire body with such force that his baton arm wouldn’t be able to resist the inertia, and she released him, sending him flying into the wall opposite the hole they had made. The same second he had made impact, she was back on him, grabbing the stunned man and performing a shoulder toss in the opposite direction that sent him hurtling out the very hole he’d created moments before. He somersaulted in the air and landed on his back, continuing to slide for several feet upon impact.

 

Leo managed to get out of the way just in time not to he flattened by the stranger as he was ejected from the cottage. When the man landed, the mysterious weapon slipped from his hand, and Leo capitalized on what he saw as an opportunity. He ran up to the instrument, and grabbed it by the handle, and was able to drag it a few feet away from the stranger before he was able to get his bearings.

 

The man lied there motionless for a moment, wondering if he’d broken anything. Attempting to sit up confirmed his fears. A couple ribs at least. And something in his back felt funny. He reached out with his right hand for his baton, but he seemed to have dropped it. “Damn, that vampire could really throw, huh?” He thought.

 

He stared upwards, and the vampire suddenly appeared above him, looking down on him with pity. All traces of fierceness seemed to have temporarily left her face.

 

“You’re tougher than ironwood,” Green said, attempting to sound good humored through clenched teeth. He grunted, and held his right arm across his chest, cradling his tender rib cage. He watched as Vela circled around him and stood at his feet without saying a word to him. He struggled to sit up and propped his left arm behind himself for stability. “You must be very old. You’ve hardened tremendously. I usually can’t feel any shock through the handle of that impact wand, but I sure felt hitting you. Think my fingers are full of micro fractures.”

 

“You were full of surprises,” Vela said flatly. Then she smiled, and like lightning, she had him held up in the air, his feet not touching the ground. She held him by his collar in her left hand, and with her right, she grabbed hold of his left arm and extended it. She bared her fangs, and bit into the fabric of his cloak, and twisted her head violently to the right, and spit out a chunk of both his cloak and the leather garment beneath. Then she turned back to look at him, and she ran forward, pinning him to a nearby pine tree. She leaned in, and bit into the patch of exposed flesh on his chest directly on top of his left pectoral.

 

“Gyyyyaaaaah!” Green shouted and hissed in pain at the feeling of her sharp fangs penetrating his tender skin. He kicked and thrashed in her vice-like grip, and seemed to recoil from his own struggles, the fight causing pain to his other injuries. He realized that kicking her too hard would likely result in nothing but a broken foot on top of everything else. He gritted his teeth to the point that he thought they might shatter, but as soon as he thought the pain would become too agonizing to bear, it abated. She hadn’t stopped drinking; on the contrary, she had only just begun. But the moment her tongue began lapping at the wound her razor-fangs had inflicted, it went almost completely numb. Even the pain in his ribs subsided. “Ugh, that’s the stuff,” he coughed weakly. She was giving him a powerful dose of her anesthetizing venom. It caused his muscles to go limp in addition to erasing most of his pain. She probably could have been less brutal about the initial bite and caused less pain in the first place, and she also probably could have injected the venom a lot sooner than when she began to drink, but he figured she was paying him back for the trouble. His limbs hung uselessly as she drank her fill.

 

Leo stood back and watched the display with fascination. The fight had been brief and more violent than anything he’d ever seen. The way Vela moved and handled the man terrified him on one level, but on another he was transfixed. Watching her prey on Green didn’t change Leo’s opinion of her, but he had to rectify his positive opinion of the sweet, gentle woman he was getting to know with the spectacle before him now— in the eyes of men, Vela was quite the monster.

 

Vela broke the connection between her mouth and Green’s chest wound. A small amount of blood trickled from the bite marks, but it stopped quickly, the wound already coagulating. Her tongue snaked out of her mouth and gave his chest one last lick before circling around her lips and cleaning up any mess of blood left on her face. She smiled and hissed through her teeth and dropped the poor man roughly. Then she knelt before him, and righted his posture, arranging him in a comfortable looking seated position.

 

“Thank you for your generous donation,” she said mockingly to the man.

 

“Duh meshon ih,” Green replied. His words were heavily slurred and muted, the venom clearly impairing his ability to speak. He groaned, and his head hung back, but his eyes remained locked on Vela. She stepped back from him, and wiped her mouth with her hand, and then licked the palm. Leo thought her eyes were glowing brighter now, and her musculature looked a little fuller, her skin a little less grey.

 

“Just sit there and relax for a while. It’ll wear off in a few hours.” She giggled at him in his slumped position. “More pain, more venom, more paralysis. You brought this on yourself. But I’ll admit, it was fun! Should we meet again, I hope you’re packing more toys like that little wand!” With that, she turned and looked directly at Leo. He wasn’t surprised she knew where he was. He ran up to her, and she offered him a hand. He climbed aboard, and she set him upon her shoulder before giving one last look to the incapacitated man on the ground. Green’s eyes shifted to look at Leo.

 

“Huh!” He grunted with interest, and then immediately tipped sideways in a curled-up heap, succumbing to and passing out from the intoxicating effects of Vela’s potently paralytic venom.

 

“Is he gonna be okay?” Leo asked.

 

“That one will be just fine,” she assured him.

 

“Are you okay?” She turned her head to look at Leo, and her mouth stretched into the biggest smile he’d ever seen. She looked positively giddy.

 

“Are you kidding me? I feel incredible! That was amazing! I didn’t know they made humans like that! What unexpected fun!” Leo laughed. He would have hated to be either party in that fight and was glad to have played such a minor role in it. “That poor cottage, though. We really wrecked it,” she said nodding towards the immense hole in the nearby wall. “Oh, and thank you for snatching his baton— the ‘impact wand,’ as he called it. That thing was trouble. Some powerful mage craft in it. I should have known. She walked over to where the baton lied in the dirt, picked it up, observed that the runes were no longer glowing, and laid it down in the lap of the unconscious Green.

 

She stood up tall and took in a deep breath through her nostrils and let it out through her mouth.

 

“Invigorating,” she said. “Did you enjoy the show, or were your eyes bigger than your stomach?”

 

“I’ll admit, it was a lot more excitement than I’m used to.”

 

“You and me, both.”

 

“That said, yes! It was rather thrilling! You’re a force to be reckoned with! Did those hits hurt at all?” Leo was afraid to ask if she had been in any real danger, his heart rate only now beginning to return to normal after watching her reel from the first impact.

 

“Hurt? No. But I was very stunned. I’ve never been hit like that by a human. Humans are such crafty, surprising creatures sometimes. But his toy and its tricks were only a deterrence. They might’ve worked if I weren’t... well, starving! There was simply no way I was going to let that man go without a bite.”

 

“I’d say you left your mark,” Leo commented.

 

“Oh, yes. That’ll leave a lovely scar. He’ll remember me. Hopefully his other wounds don’t slow him down too much.” She said.

 

“You’re very compassionate for such a capable predator,” Leo said with a smirk.

 

“Thank you on both accounts,” she said, giving a little curtsy. “Now. Did you pack everything you needed? Our friend, Green, actually saved us a lot of time.”

 

“I’m all set,” Leo said, tightening his satchel on his back as he replied.

 

“Good! An auspicious beginning to our journey together. My, how much I needed human blood! I’d have had to kill a deer otherwise. But there’s really no substitute for a couple pints of the good stuff.” She looked at Leo thoughtfully for a moment. “How best to transport my little companion?” She questioned aloud, drumming a finger on her lips. “Ah, I know,” she said, plucking him off her shoulder. “I think you’ll rather like this...”

 

She set him down on the ground and undid the ties of her blouse and redid them all so that one tie was cinched smartly around her waist, and the other around the biggest part of her chest, making the blouse resemble a tunic. Then, she picked Leo back up and tucked him snugly into her cleavage. She tightened the tie a little more, pressing her breasts firmly against Leo on both sides. His legs were positively sandwiched, but it wasn’t uncomfortable, and his chest and arms were still free, so he was able to breathe freely and move around a bit. She was correct, he did rather like this arrangement.

 

“Comfy?” She asked with an air of knowing allusion. Leo blushed at the unexpected seating arrangement.

 

“You know I am,” was all he could say.

 

“Good. Can’t have you slipping out. Now, brace yourself, little guy. I have a feeling you’re not accustomed to doing things at my speed.” Before he could reply, she was off. He gasped and held onto the edges of the fabric forming a “V” right below him for dear life. The woods became a blur as the wind whipped past his face. He’d only experienced speed like this from falling a great distance, and never for a sustained period of time.

 

She appeared to be running towards the mountains, leaving the shallow hills of the small town behind them. Away from the little cottage. Away from the man named Green. Away from the world he had known his whole life. Into the dark and the unknown. He smiled, and wiggled a little deeper into the ample, soft breasts that cushioned and contained him. It wasn’t a particularly bumpy ride for a woman in a dead sprint. Her arms and legs appeared capable of moving in such a smooth manner that it kept her head and torso more or less stable as she dashed forward. He got comfortable, trusting that she would take them where she deemed best, and that would be best.

 

Their journey had begun.

End Notes:

As always, thank you so much for reading! If you enjoyed this (or didn't) I sincerely request that you tell me why in a review! It helps me understand what I'm doing well both as a writer and as a member of this community. 

Vela's and Leo's journey continues in Chapter Three. 

Chapter 3: Traveling Light by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

Vela and Leo make their way into the mountains. This chapter is mostly focused on character development. It's very dialog heavy and gets into the growing relationship between Leo and Vela. 

Chapter Three: Traveling Light


At first, Leo was completely taken by the experience of blasting through the woods nestled in between Vela’s breasts. After a while of watching the blur of trees race past at flight speed, however, Leo began to feel a shiver from the constant, steady rush of wind blowing in his face. That said, Vela’s breasts actually seemed to have gotten warmer since Leo had last... encountered them, and it wasn’t just from being warmed by his own body heat. Vela seemed to be producing some of her own. He wriggled his hips a little in an effort to get deeper between the soft mounds.


As he accomplished his task, something that the strange man, Green, had said back at the cottage occurred to him. Vela’s breasts were soft; they were heavenly soft. Leo had enjoyed many soft touches from the hyper-capable, ‘killer’ vampire. But Green had commented on how hard her skin was to impacts. He complained about broken fingers, even. He had said something about it resembling striking an oak tree. Leo thought more about it and recalled that the man had drawn the conclusion that Vela must be very old from the hardness of her body. Leo looked up. Vela’s face was pointed straight ahead, but her pink eyes were darting every which way, taking in the precarious landscape she was bolting through like quicksilver.


“Vela?” Leo said barely below a shout.


“Hmm?” Vela replied. Her chest vibrated with the vocalization behind Leo’s back.


“Back there, at the cottage,” Leo began.


“No need to strain your voice, little bell, I can hear you ring.” Leo chuckled.


“Oh, alright. I just thought with the rushing wind.”


“I can filter that out. It’s white noise. Your voice is much more dynamic. What’s on your mind?”


“Ah. Well. That’s nice. I’d rather not travel in silence if we don’t have to.” Leo wasn’t usually a chatterbox, but he was very keen on learning more about his benefactor. “Back at the cottage, Green said you must be very old based on the hardness of your body.”


“And he was quite correct in his assessment. The man is very astute.”


“How would he know that?”


“From having hit me. I imagine it sent a shock through the handle of his wand.”


“No, I mean, how would he know your toughness was an indicator of age?”


“Oh, I don’t know. He was a fool to think he could fight me. Otherwise I’d say he had experience with my kind. Maybe he knew he’d lose and just liked the sport. Maybe he’s well read.” Leo realized she had misunderstood the question. He rephrased:


“That’s not what I mean. How can one tell—or approximate— the age of a vampire by the hardness of her body?”


“Ah-h-h. I understand,” she began. She appeared to ponder for a moment. “You thought vampires began as humans. Green seemed to know better. That would be the origin of your confusion, but I see that the correction of that ignorance has given birth to a new folly. I was never a human, but I was not always as I am now.” Leo was very interested to hear more. He realized he knew almost nothing about vampires. Who better to teach him?


“What’s the, um, lifecycle like, then?”


“Less of a cycle. More of a line. You’ll learn as we go. But I can share some now. We aren’t made but born.”


“Well I assumed that much seeming as you weren’t ‘turned.’”


“Good, true. We are born much like you. If you’re born much like humans.”


“We are born exactly like humans.”


“Then we are born much like you. When we are born, we are very much alive. All of our organ systems serve a purpose. We are warmer, softer. We can even tolerate sunlight for a few years.”


“Wow, really? I guess I assumed you’d never seen the sun.”


“No, I’ve seen it. I loved it. I miss it. We all miss the sun. We long to see him again,” she said with a hint of sadness.


“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to...” She placed a hand on her chest and caressed Leo against it before pulling it away again.


“It’s alright, little flame. This is a sadness not unlike all beings share in some way.” Leo wasn’t sure he understood what she meant. Maybe he would in time. She continued. “Once, I was a little girl. I was soft and warm and pink, like you! Little ones can take solid food, but we already thirst for blood. We need a lot of it to grow. Eventually, as we grow, our bodies become colder and harder. At a certain age, we experience a change. It’s different for all. I was nine thousand days old exactly. It was very lucky. My elders were thrilled.” Leo did some hasty math. He wasn’t good at math. Somewhere in her twenties?


“Once we change, we can no longer bear the sun. It begins to hurt us more and more for years before the change. After it occurs, it would kill us in seconds. Then we are vampires. We are of the night. But the change is only the beginning. We continue to cool. To harden. Our thirst abates. We need less blood. I can go many weeks without it. It’s much simpler than the needs of a young body.” She looked down at Leo briefly and smiled. “I like being old! But I’m glad I haven’t completely banished hunger, or I would have missed meeting you!”


“Wow. Yeah, I’m glad too!” Leo said. “I had no idea about all that. That you were so... complex.” His mind turned back to the cottage, and he could picture Green’s hand shaking after he’d sent Vela careening through the wall. “How... old are you? If you don’t mind my asking.”


“Not at all. I’m eighty thousand, nine hundred and ninety-seven days old.”


“That’s, um... in years?” Vela laughed.


“Almost two hundred twenty-two. My birthday is soon!” She exclaimed. Leo was shocked. He knew she had to be old, but he could never have imagined just how old this beautiful, seemingly youthful, exuberant woman could really be. He was in utter awe at her years. So many experiences.


“What about you? How old are you, Leo?”


“Just turned thirty-nine,” he said meekly.


“And you don’t look a day over twenty. But I’m only used to looking at humans these days.” Leo chuckled. He supposed it was all relative.


“Me too. And by their standards, you look about the same.” He thought in silence for a while, then asked. “Vela, why don’t you feel hard?”


“You’ve never tried hitting me,” was all she said. He wasn’t sure he understood. Perhaps the hardness was just under the skin. He pressed against her soft flesh. It was just as supple and forgiving as deep as he could manage to tell. He shrugged.


“Nope. Nor will I. You’re very warm tonight, but the way.” Vela made a strange face.


“Th- thank you, Leo.” She loved being called warm. She never felt warm as far as she was concerned. Not compared to him. It was like the sun complimenting the brightness of a lantern. “Even my body generates some heat while running for so long. And it helps that I’m full of human blood.” Leo looked around. They were in the mountains now. He could see some tufts of snow here and there. He had no idea how far his town lied from the mountains.


“Are we just going until we find another town?” He asked.


“We’ll go until we find the right town. That could be the next town. But I don’t know.”


“How far have we gone?” Vela slowed down to a jog and then stopped.


“One hundred seventeen thousand, eight hundred fifty-five steps.”


“Vela...”


“Miles?”


“Miles.”


“About... one hundred twenty-one and a half. We still have a few hours of night left. Are you tired?” Leo’s head spun. He’d never been out of town. And the town was only about thirty miles across if you counted the farmlands on the outskirts. He was probably further away now than he’d ever walked in total, and he didn’t think they’d been at it much longer than four hours.


“No. No, I’m not tired. I’ve just never traveled so far. Wanted to know, that’s all.” She pinched Leo by his sides and brought him up to her face.


“A little break then. You should eat!” She gave him a kiss. “Gotta keep your strength up. We’ll be deep in the mountains soon. It’ll be very cold. You’ll need the calories.”


She walked over to a tree and sat down with her back against it. Leo hopped out of her hand and unslung his satchel. He unpacked a few things and prepared himself a simple trail meal of meat, bread, and raspberry preserves. He wished he’d had some cheese, but he couldn’t complain. Vela watched him with careful appreciation. She didn’t get to observe other species doing simple things like eating very often. It made Leo a little self-conscious, so he started up some more idle chit chat.


“You want some?” He offered her jokingly.


“Not my idea of appetizing. And I couldn’t even think of eating right now. My body is very much nourished.” He realized she’d taken his offer seriously, and merely shrugged. “So, what’re borrowers like? Tell me about your people.” He considered for a bit.


“Well, we’re hardy. Don’t need to eat much. Live to the mid one hundreds. I don’t know. We love music and dancing. We breed like rabbits. Good thing, too, considering.”


“Considering what?” Leo swallowed a bite of bread and fished in his bag for a bottle. He could use a drop. He had water and barley wine. His hands found a bottle and he extracted it. He uncorked it, smelled the contents, was disappointed that his nostrils didn’t tingle, and settled for it due to laziness. He could save the booze.


“Considering we aren’t doing well.” Vela looked like she understood.


“I see. Vampires either. Though we don’t breed ‘like rabbits’ in the best of times.”


“It’s okay. I guess it doesn’t bother me on a personal level. It would have been nice to live in the age when we lived out in the open and in great numbers. But humans are seldom welcoming of us anymore, and those that are still tend to mistreat us. Living in secret tends to take its toll on the population. We don’t meet a lot of our own. I’ve only known a handful of other families. But it’s okay. And I guess I never put much thought into children.”


“Well that makes two of us,” Vela said with a laugh. “And I can relate to some of your other points. But it’s not surprising. Humans are establishing quite the little dominion over the land in the west. Their cities on the coast have become very industrious. They’re forgetting their other affiliations. They’re losing sight of their roots.”


“Maybe we should forsake them, too. Push east. Head into the deep ‘wildernest,’” Leo suggested jokingly. The so-called wildernest was how humans referred to the densely wooded area to the Far East that they declared uninhabitable due to its dense population of myriad magical creatures. The humans were actually in a bit of a Cold War with a few of them. Vela laughed.


“Not unless we can smuggle in a few humans with us. What am I supposed to do, feed off the fae?” Leo chuckled.


“Hey, you did alright with me for a day. Plenty more fae around my size besides borrowers. I’ll bet wings tickle going down.” Vela laughed.


“Now there’s a thought. Maybe you can help me talk some of them into it. We’ll have a little magic gathering in my belly.” Leo laughed with her.


“And there are non-fae wild animals in there too.”


“True. But I can only sustain myself on animals for a time. Eventually, I’ll need something human. Animals are just... starving myself much slower.”


“Oh well, I was only joking anyway. I’ve obviously never been that far to the East, and I think borrowers are adapted to live among humans, even if they’re reluctant to oblige.”


“Vampires, too. We’re stuck with them. For better or worse. How’s dinner?” Leo gulped down his last scrap of dried meat, took a swig of water, and corked the bottle.


“Dinner was sustaining. I wouldn’t say delicious. But I packed for vitality, not gourmet.” Suddenly their conversation was interrupted by a chilling “howl” somewhere in the distance.


“Huh, guess it would make sense that there would be wolves in the mountains,” Leo said. Vela looked off into the night with interest, her eyes wide from fascination, not fear. Why would she fear wolves? Leo wasn’t even afraid of wolves. He got the impression that he wasn’t on their menu.


“That’s not a wolf, Leo,” Vela said quietly, as if raising her voice would let the thing know she was talking about it.


“Sure sounded like a wolf.”


“I’m sure it did, but that was a woman.” Leo considered this for a moment, and then realization struck him.


“But I thought you said the full moon wasn’t for another day.”


“It isn’t, but it’s not contained to just the one night. It’s a gradient. This close to a full moon, there are still some cases of near-total transformation.” Leo looked out into the darkness where Vela had been, his eyes full of wonder.


“Wow... werewolves...” he whistled. Vela giggled at him, shaking her head.


“You are a little man without fear or prejudice. You’re right not to fear them. You are not a viable host for the disease.”


“Lycanthropy is a disease? I guess that makes sense. Humans talk about it like a curse, but I never heard of a curse that could only be spread through bites.”


“There are certainly creatures with cursed bites, and lycanthropy is a bit of a curse. But it’s one that manifests in the form of a symbiotic microorganism. Lycanthropes are of two minds; only one in control at a time. When the disease takes control, its primary goal is to spread. But it’s not a very elegant mechanism, and often results in killing the subject it wishes to infect. But it also doesn’t waste its time on hosts that it cannot spread into. Would-be hosts such as vampires and little borrowers.”


“Does it only affect humans?”


“There are a couple of susceptible species among the fae. But since most cases are relegated to humans, and humans and fae are very much divided these days, it’s an affliction the fae have all but forgotten.” Leo nodded understandingly.


“Seems like a tough break, being a werewolf. Cast out by humans. Nowhere to go.”


“Hence the curse. It’s a pitiable existence.” A second howl emanated from some distant, unknown location. He still couldn’t discern the difference in sound from normal wolf and human, nor that it was a woman rather than a man, but now that Vela mentioned it, the howl was different in some way. It sounded tragic to Leo. Pained. Alone.


“Is that anywhere near us?” Vela shook her head.


“Many miles away. And we won’t cross its path. Why, were you hoping to befriend her as well?” Leo chuckled.


“Hey. I’ve got a short list of friends. Not one to look a gift wolf in the mouth.” Vela gave a short, loud laugh.


“Oh, Leo. Your open-mindedness is charming to a fault. Don’t think I’ll share you with a human, though; pariah or otherwise.” For complicated reasons, this profession of Vela’s was music to Leo’s ears. Without warning, he hopped up onto her leg, ran up it, quickly bounded up her torso and onto her shoulder, gave her a kiss on the cheek, and then embraced her neck and jaw. Vela looked briefly stunned, smiled warmly, and then brought a hand up, pressing him against her cheek while she nuzzled him.


“Leo, Leo, Leo... what am I going to do with you, Leo?” It was a rhetorical question, but one that she didn’t have a definite answer for if she asked herself honestly. Did she plan to drop him off at a fitting human household and leave him to his devices in a new life? Would she be able to see him often? To these and other question marks in her mind, Vela had no definite answer. Time would tell.


“Well, whatever you like, I suppose. I’m super portable,” Leo said humorously.


“I wouldn’t give me total dominion in such matters, little flame. Not where you’re concerned,” she said, releasing him from her embrace. He hopped back to the ground and repacked his things, slinging his satchel back across his body.


“Well for now, then. Ready to move on?” She answered by retrieving the minuscule borrower and stuffing him gently back into her cleavage. “M-m-m, a guy could get used to this,” said Leo. Vela giggled at his expression of contentment and gave him a little squeeze by bringing her shoulders forward.


“Off we go! Please keep hands and feet tucked safely inside the bosom while the vampire is in sprint,” she said. Leo began to laugh but was cut off by her unexpected and jarring and explosive burst forward.


They chatted idly as Vela powered onwards into the mountains. It was getting very cold, so Leo had burrowed almost out of sight into Vela’s cleavage to avoid the biting winter wind. Leo was in awe that he had ‘traveled into winter,’ never thinking that he could experience two seasons in the same night. The cold didn’t bother him too much. Vela was warmer than usual, and his position was very insulating.


After an hour or so of travel, Leo drifted off to sleep nestled in his hiding place. Vela thought it remarkable that he could sleep in such a position, especially while being jostled so much, but Leo found the steady rhythm of her steps soothing, and soon was dreaming of unknown places and people. Vela felt far from lonely with him asleep. She understood that borrowers were not of the night, and he wouldn’t be able to healthily convert entirely to being nocturnal for her sake. She simply felt blessed that he was sleeping with her.


After a couple of hours, her sharp ears detected a familiar sound; the lycanthrope. It was much closer to them than she thought her path would take them. It must be on the move as well. She briefly wondered if it was following her, perhaps having picked up on the scent of her human attire, but she dismissed the thought. These clothes hadn’t been worn in years. If she couldn’t smell human on them while wearing them, there was no way she was leaving a strong enough trail to follow. It must be a coincidence. Still, she altered her course slightly, brushing through a few bushes deliberately, and then looped back to her original path. If it was following her, she would have at least thrown off the trail.


As she ran, she heard the lycanthrope again, but this time it wasn’t a howl, but a roar. She listened attentively, slowing her pace so as to hear more clearly. The roar was followed by more sounds of fury and struggle, and then was punctuated by a different kind of howl; one of extreme pain. Vela understood what she was hearing. The poor lycanthrope was being hunted, and her pursuers had inflicted her with a wound. There were slayers in these mountains.


Vela’s heart went out to the poor creature. She would have assumed it safe for one with her condition so far up in these mountains, but it appeared not to be the case. Perhaps she was chased here from a nearby village, and the hunting party wouldn’t let up until she was slain. Humans could be so vicious to hunt down one of their own like that just because they were cursed with such a damningly misunderstood disease. She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts and her conscience of the matter. The proximity of the lycanthrope wouldn’t have bothered Vela even with the hunting party on her tail had it not been for the fact that dawn was quickly approaching. She would have to hide herself very carefully, lest she be vulnerable during the day.


Vela changed directions sharply and began to keep her eyes out for a particular kind of tree; one with big, exposed roots. When she found one she considered suitable, she made a note of its location. She then began looking for a sapling about ten feet in length and a couple inches in diameter. She located one without much trouble. She knelt down and held tightly onto it with one hand, and with the other, she chopped through it near the base. Leo stirred in between her breasts. His head poked out and he looked around.


“Wow, sorry. I guess I dozed off,” he said, blinking wearily. “What’s that you got there?”


“This,” Vela said, taking the sapling and running it through her hands, dragging her nails roughly on both sides causing it to split evenly in half, “will be a breathing tube.” Leo cocked and eyebrow. She explained. “We need to make camp, so to speak. We’ll be spending the day underground. Leo nodded appreciatively.


“Why underground? How long was I out anyway?”


“To your latter question; not long. We didn’t make it as far as I wanted to. But to your former; we need to hide. I’d rather be safe than travel another few dozen miles.”


“Hide from what?”


“I believe it’s a coincidence, but the lycanthrope is being chased in our direction. I want to get deep underground to avoid detection of what may be a sizable hunting party. I’m useless in the daylight. Vulnerable.”


“Poor woman,” Leo said. Vela nodded. “But why the air tube? There was plenty of air in your belly last time, surprisingly enough,” Vela giggled.


“Am I to believe you expected that to be your permanent sleeping arrangement during our travels?” Leo looked taken aback.


“N-no. I don’t mean... I just.” He was stumbling over his words and trailed off.


“So willing! It warms my heart that you’re so eager to warm my belly. But, as it happens, my belly is a little full at the moment. You may not enjoy that.” Leo considered this and decided that he would rather not sleep in a literal bloodbath.


“So, underground it is,” he said.


“Most assuredly.” Vela used her fingers to claw out the soft, young wood from both sides of the sapling and then pressed both ends back together. She then began plucking some of her hairs and tied them fast around the tube every foot or so until it was fastened securely back together.


“Your hairs are as strong as the rest of you, I take it?” Vela nodded. She made her way back to the tree she had found. The roots would make it difficult to dig. She was counting on that deterring anyone if they noticed the disturbed soil. That was something she wouldn’t be able to help, especially in the frozen clay. She stood there a moment, and then pinched Leo under his armpits and brought him up to her face.


“I’m not going to swallow you tonight, little candlelight. But unless you’d like to try and slide down this tube,” she said, brandishing the pole she had made, “I’m going to take you into my mouth while I dig.”


“Not going to dig a hole and then fill it in?”


“No, I’m going to dive into the earth and drag my way in deep.” Leo wished he could see that in action from the outside, but he didn’t mind her idea one bit. He figured it would be the best way to shield him from the earth until she was submerged. He nodded, unslinging his satchel and handing it to Vela who promptly stowed it away in a pocket of her trousers.


“Sounds like a plan. Try not to enjoy me too much,” he said jokingly. He did hope she enjoyed him very much. He thought he would enjoy being in that soft mouth again, anyway. She giggled.


“I cannot lie to you, Leo. I will not try.” With that, she gave Leo a kiss on his face, licked him playfully, and then slurped him into her mouth. She dropped her tongue so he wouldn’t be too crowded by being pressed to the roof of her mouth. “M-m-m,” she cooed, loving the warmth and flavor of her Leo. This was something she would not soon tire of doing, if ever. She really did wish she could just gulp him down. It would be a little simpler, and much more enjoyable. She looked forward to their next time doing that.


She took up the tube which she had left solid at one end and drove it carefully into the hard earth until only an inch of it was left exposed. Then, she knelt down nearby it, and quickly began to claw and tear her way headfirst into the ground. As she burrowed, she did her best to close the hole behind her with her feet. In a few minutes, she had writhed and squirmed her way into the ground with mole-like prowess. When she was sufficiently deep, she reached through the ground and her hand found the tube. She then rolled around, using her body and limbs to pack the much warmer subterranean clay into a smooth and stable pocket. When she was satisfied, she took hold of the solid end of the tube and snapped it off, exposing the point where it became hollow. A job well done. She got comfortable, and brought her hand up to her face, letting Leo slide off her tongue back into her palm.


Leo had done his best to remain still while she was working, but it was difficult when gravity kept seemingly changing directions. That, and his presence seemed to make her salivate excessively. He was a little worried for his clothes but was more concerned about his libido. Last time he had been inside her mouth, it had proven an extraordinarily sensual experience for Leo, and his body seemed to remember it more vividly as he smelled, tasted, and felt all the things unique to being held inside the beautiful vampire. He was bashful, and worried that if he became excited, she would take note and become distracted in her work. He told himself both not to think about how good her mouth felt, and that it didn’t matter if he did like it because she wouldn’t mind. The conflicting duality of thought left his body and mind feeling confused and a little frustrated.


He tried to think about something else, but the physical stimulation kept turning his mind back to similar subjects. He thought about how he had felt after being swallowed by her. The post-bliss comedown. His spiritual calm. Being surrounded by her body in every direction. Safe. Accepted. Cherished. Adored. Needed. His heart throbbed. He felt his emotions swell. This was a different sensation, though not completely unrelated to the excitement he had been trying to ignore. She stirred something up inside him, and the only reason he found it dreadful was because of how completely wonderful it was. But what if she never felt the same?


He hoped she finished digging soon, and also secretly wished she’d keep him in there and play with him in her mouth longer even if she did. More than that, he wanted to tell her how he had grown to feel in such a blindingly short time. But he also dreaded what could happen if he did. So, he was simultaneously relieved and disappointed when her mouth reopened, and he was sent sliding out into her waiting hand.


“Welcome back!” Vela exclaimed happily. She immediately noticed something a little ‘off’ about her little companion, however.


“Yeah, good to be back,” he said with a sigh that would have been hard for anyone to miss, even without luminescent, vampiric eyes that allowed one to see in perfect darkness. There wasn’t any ambient light, so Vela couldn’t see color, but she would guess that Leo was turning into a particularly characteristic shade of red that she was learning to associate with a specific kind of his moods. She knew that Leo had enjoyed himself more than a little the first time she had taken him entirely into her mouth. She had as well, but she had by no means anticipated that he would have so quickly taken to it in such a passionate manner, forming an erotic rather than utilitarian association with the act of oral entrapment regardless of context. She was about to tease him as was her reflex when she noticed that she was having this effect on him, but something stopped her. A little excitement wasn’t all that was eating the borrower. She bit her tongue.


Her emotions floated rather whimsically over the subject as she considered her companion’s current state. In the seconds since she had extracted him and noticed it, her mind had very quickly gone through myriad self-evaluations. First, it flattered her that he was aroused by simply being in her mouth. Second, she felt a twinge of guilt about having knowingly played with him on her tongue so recklessly whilst digging their little domicile, feeling that she was to blame for his situation. She knew on some level what the result would be, and selfishly relished the attention. Third, she realized there was no reason to feel guilty for inspiring a physical and emotional response which was ultimately positive and realized that the source of her shame was not having done it, but the realization that he felt foolish for his feelings towards her. He mistakenly judged himself as below her standards, alone in his feelings, or both. Fourth, if she was allowed to relish the kind of attention from Leo that she took so much delight in inspiring, she should be willing to let him share and delight in the same sort of attention. He should be allowed to know that she enjoyed his ‘moods.’ Finally, and most surprisingly, Vela realized, as she sorted through her feelings and made sense of them in such a quick manner that only a fast-thinking immortal with many years of experience in introspection could achieve, that she... reciprocated his feelings.


The discovery of this conclusion shocked her. She knew that she felt irrationally attached to the borrower. She felt possessive of him. She dreaded the idea of losing him. She didn’t know what she would do if their journey concluded with them parting ways. All of that had almost disturbed her because it was so different than anything she was used to feeling. It was immature. It was fleeting. It was impulsive. It was below her supposed wisdom. For all those reasons, she absolutely cherished Leo. All of these strange feelings were new. So little was new. But now... could she? Could he? Should they?


“Vela...” Leo said in a tone that was meant to get her attention. She didn’t think it had been very long in silence. But with how busy her mind was, she had forgotten to count the seconds. She was glad he was the one to break the tension though. She was getting lost in her mind and wasn’t sure she knew how to find her way back above water. Maybe Leo knew. In continued silence she raised him to eye level. He couldn’t see her, but she thought it was an attentive gesture. He continued to speak:


“Vela, I... need to get something off my chest. So just let me ramble for a minute. I can’t sort things like this out in my head, so I need to voice them, and since it kind of directly involves your opinions on the subject, I figure it’s best to voice it anyway.” Vela had been going in circles, so she was glad to just let Leo guide her thoughts for the moment. Perhaps his method would prove best. Maybe they were of the same mind. Maybe...


“Speak your heart, Leo.” She decided to clear her thoughts and focus on his.


“I’m... suffering something fierce. It’s silly. Okay, it’s not silly. It shouldn’t be silly. I’m afraid it’s silly? Never mind. Okay.” Leo took a deep breath to prepare himself for the plunge. Then, he let it out. “I discovered an undeniable truth last night when I was inside you. I said it then, but you were asleep. I’ve thought about it all day. And I think I need you to hear it.”


“You discovered... inside me... what?”


“I love you, Vela. Maybe it’s too soon to be appropriate. Maybe it’s too soon to tell you. But it’s true. I don’t know any way around it. I don’t know how that sounds or what it might mean to you, but I’m not going to just sit on it. If it’s foolish to love you, it would be ten times more foolish not to tell you that I do.”


“Oh... oh, Leo...” she began, but he cut her off in his rambling.


“I didn’t want to ruin our adventure or make things awkward. I don’t know a lot about vampires and their relationships. It’s okay if you don’t feel the same. It’s totally fine, I just...” Vela could see that he had gotten out the essential information. She silently thanked him for his immense bravery.


“Shh-h-h, Leo. Hush.”


“I’m sorry, I know that was a lot, Vela. I...”


“It was exactly enough.” She took a deep breath she didn’t need and let it out slowly.


“Well, okay... what do you... think?”


“I think you took the words right out of my mouth, fire of my soul...” they shared in another short silence. She decided a little light humor was appropriate. “Is that where you found them?”


“Wait, what?” Leo’s head was spinning. Did she... feel the same way?


“The words, silly. You found your love in my stomach. Did you find the words to express it in my mouth?” She giggled.


“Huh, I mean... I guess I did.” He chuckled half-heartedly. She realized her humor was flat and poorly timed. No matter.


“Leo, what I mean to say and continue to deflect with humor is that you voiced that which I was too afraid to utter. You asked what I think. I think we are in love. I was afraid, too. I didn’t want to bind you to me or impose my will. But I’m feeling rather bound to you. I’ll tell you the truth; if you broke from me at the end of this journey, I’d never break from you. I think I’d linger near you. I’d try my best to live in your little shadow. I’d follow your light like a moth drawn to a flame. Damn the consequences.” Leo was reeling. He felt like his heart might burst.


“You think... we’re in love.”


“Well I know that I am in love with you, and you say you’re in love with me.”


“It’s the truth.”


“And you found it inside me...” the conversation was causing something strange to happen to Vela. Something long dead was stirring deep inside of her. Leo was bringing it to life, and she was loathe to fight it. That wasn’t her way.


“I... I can’t believe it! Vela, a weight is lifted! I was so afraid, but I’m not alone! Our love is real!”


“I’m still afraid...” she admitted quietly.


“I understand... I mean... can a borrower and a vampire be in love?”


“Well we are. That isn’t my fear. My fear isn’t a bad thing, Leo.” Leo thought that made sense. He didn’t care in the slightest about their differences. Who would tell them they were wrong? Whose opinion mattered? But he was nervous. He was shaking, but it wasn’t an ugly fear. It was a beautiful sort of nervous, intense kind of energy. He had professed his love and she had requited it. He had been so uncertain, so afraid of being rejected, and now that they were on equal standing, he was hesitating for all new reasons.


“Well, what should we do?” Leo asked. Veal appreciated the question. It was an opening.


“Long term? We’ll figure it out. We have plenty of time. Mid-term? We travel until we find somewhere we’re both comfortable. Tonight?” She hesitated. Leo was hanging on her every word. What of tonight? What of now?


“Tonight,” she began. She was feeling... warm... like a little fire of her own was alighting. No. Not entirely her own. Leo lit it. He should tend to it. She should tend to his that she had lit. They should tend to each other— love each other. “Tonight, we should explore our love.”

End Notes:

Thank you to all who continue to stick with me and read this story! As always, I greatly appreciate any sort of feedback. It keeps me warm at night. 

Anyway, The next chapter's subject matter ought to be a little obvious at this point. I decided to isolate it into its own chapter so that folks who find sex scenes distracting can skip it without missing any plot development. For those of you like me who live for that trash, right this way, please! -->

Chapter 4: Exploring Our Love by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

This chapter caused me to bump the rating up to R. It's completely skippable and the story will still make sense. 

Vela and Leo explore their newly realized love for each other. 

Erotic chapter. 

Chapter Four

 

 

 

“Tonight, we should explore our love,” Vela said in a breathless tone that almost sounded shy. Leo’s heart skipped a beat. Did she really mean—? He didn’t even get a chance to finish thinking the question. Vela knew now that they not only could but should do what she had entertained doing when she had let the flustered man slide from between her lips. If she knew about anything with certainty, it was how to interpret signals from her body, and her body was telling her something she had long ceased to question whether it ever would; she wanted to take a mate. She was happy to be proven wrong in her long-held beliefs about herself, to say the least, and was excited to experience just how good being proven wrong could feel.

 

Not a second after finishing her ‘suggestion,’ Vela brought Leo up to her lips and kissed him like she had never kissed before. This wasn’t just a kiss to convey affection. It wasn’t seduction as a means to a different end; it was, itself, seduced, its own end, and an expression of that shared feeling with a partner. The second Leo’s face made contact with her lips; her entire body began to writhe in blissful agony. She was letting go of her fears and inhibitions. This tiny, beautiful man was sucking them all out of her and purging them within himself.

 

Leo kissed her back with vigor. His heart rate was so elevated he thought he could hear it. He basked in the glorious assault by her lips and gasped for air between every kiss not because he was asphyxiating, but because she was taking his breath away. His hands groped and rubbed around her soft lips as they went along, and he groaned loudly as he felt one of her fingernails hook under his waistband. “Oh, my gods,” he thought. “This unbelievably stunning vampire is actually getting into my pants.” Leo thought he must be the happiest, luckiest, most truly blessed borrower in all the lands of humans and fae combined.

 

As she tugged on his trousers, he took the hint. He undid his belt. Vela did the rest. His pants slipped away, and he heard Vela gasp. He opened his eyes and looked up. All he could see in the perfect darkness were the faint, luminous irises, but they were expressive enough to convey what she was feeling on their own. Those pink perfect circles were locked on target.

 

“Oh, my...” Vela purred. And those were the last words spoken between them. The rest was understood. She caught him unawares because he couldn’t see it coming and very lightly prodded him with her index finger, feeling the fullness of his enthusiasm for her. Leo moaned, and Vela was positively ecstatic at feeling him deliberately for the first time. She very slowly extended the tip of her tongue and tasted it, his arousal. Leo thought he might burst on the spot and willed himself with all of his might to maintain control of that. Her tongue slid back into her mouth, and she sighed contentedly.

 

Vela then lied down and held Leo above her mouth. She turned him so that he was facing the rest of her body. She didn’t want him using her eyes as a means to anticipate what was coming. She exhaled, and Leo shivered as her sweet breath washed over his naked lower half. He cried out in surprise when he felt his feet touch her tongue as it snaked up the front of his legs and lapped at his body from the waist down. He felt her soft lips seal around his waist, and she began to suck on him as she licked him between his legs, exploring and prodding him right where it counted most. He was so taken by rapture that he almost didn’t notice that he was assisting her fingers in removing his shirt.

 

The moment he was stripped completely bare, Vela slurped him into her mouth entirely. Leo had so wanted to be back inside that perfect, soft, and skilled cavern. She really knew how to read his body language with her tongue, and how to respond to it in kind. She rolled him around inside getting him completely soaked through and excited beyond reckoning. While she had him trapped within, she began to untie the strings to her tunic. She unfurled it and spread it out beneath her torso as a sort of blanket, and then pressed down on the waistband of her trousers and wiggled her hips, bending her knees, and sliding them off completely.

 

She looked at her naked body and saw it in a different way than she ever had before. It served her well. She had always loved it as a clever and capable tool. It had helped her get her way in almost any situation. Now, she was just excited to share it with Leo. She desperately wanted him to appreciate her. Anticipating his little body exploring her own made her convulse in expectant pleasure. She brought her hands up to her cheeks and pressed in on them, moaning at feeling and tasting her lover. She could sense his excitement peaking and had to restrain herself. Part of her wanted to finish him off now and gulp him down with all the evidence of his ‘expressed’ love, but that would be premature compared to what she was hoping for—dreaming for of her little flame. She wanted to feel him burn elsewhere. One of her hands reached down along her smooth, grey body and she investigated the state of her own arousal. She was both pleased and a little surprised to find that this little foreplay had indeed awoken something she thought dead. She was swollen and wet.

 

She couldn’t wait any longer. She must capitalize on this rarest of feelings. This bodily response to passionate stimulation was taking control of her will. Something not entirely unlike her hunting instincts was assuming control. Vela, the hyper-capable predator was ready to claim her prize. She sat up and opened her mouth, letting Leo slide out face-first onto her chest. He slid into her cleavage, and she placed a hand on both breasts, smushing Leo lovingly between them like she had the night before. But this time, it was for her benefit. She relished the sensation of having him wrapped up in her in any way she could manage, and the best was yet to come.

 

She released him from her soft trap, and he slid another few inches down her torso, halting at her naval. Leo pushed himself up on his hand and looked forward. He couldn’t see anything, but he could feel Vela’s body gyrating spasmodically beneath him. He felt her abdomen incline away from her upper body and realized she was raising her hips into the air invitingly. As if that weren’t enough of an invitation, he felt one of her hands land on his back. Her fingers rubbed his spine up and down, and then she slid his body another inch lower along her belly, coaxing him before that same hand departed from him. She let out a frustrated whine that told him she was needing him. He rose to the occasion.

 

Leo crawled down her taught abdomen, his mind racing a mile a minute. He kept having crazy thoughts, like questioning whether or not he had actually died the night before in her belly and this was some twisted version of heaven where your killer satisfies your wildest fantasies. He didn’t have time for his mind to linger on any one thought, however. He was far too eager to focus on the erotic physicality of the occasion. He reached his goal, and the landscape of her body became suddenly still.

 

Vela shut her eyes tightly, focusing every ounce of her considerable powers of observation on the sensation of feeling Leo precisely where he was... he was so close. She ached for him. She was mentally screaming for him to just. Go. A little. Further. She was so forceful in her willing it to happen that she was utterly flabbergasted when it finally did. One of his little hands touched her, and she discovered that she was an incredibly vocal lover.

 

Leo was a little startled at her outburst the instant his hand found its mark. He wasn’t sure he was even quite where he needed to be, but he was apparently an expert marksman in the dark, and the second his hand grasped her most sensitive of all erogenous zones, she screamed. He almost pulled his hand back as if one touching a hot pan but realized quickly that this was a scream of approval. She was practically sobbing with satisfaction. This motivated Leo beyond all doubt. If he had ever stopped to question his potential viability as a physical lover to the vampire, his fears were erased. She was responding to him with such lovely and expressive positivity. He pressed on, using both hands. He began to squeeze and massage her, attempting to do with his hands what he had once done with a single finger. Judging by her cries, it was working.

 

Vela suddenly became aware that she was howling, and bit down on her lip, her cries of pleasure transforming into loudly vocal hisses and moans. She didn’t have a lot of experiences like this to compare it to, but she had also never been in love. Right now, she wondered why she had ever feared love. Leo’s hands suddenly did something magical, and she cried out uncontrollably again. No one had ever been Leo. She thanked the gods they were so far underground, otherwise she’d have woken up the mountain. She was adoring this. She wanted him closer. She didn’t even realize that the second the desire crossed her mind that she had reached down with her right hand and pressed her middle and index fingers into the top of Leo’s back. She subconsciously understood that it was her fault she felt Leo’s face and chest mashing against her in the most beautiful of ways, but she couldn’t bring herself to understand it intellectually. Her left hand hooked up and grabbed hold of her left breast and she squeezed herself. More. Deeper. She wanted to feel his heat ensconced in herself.

 

Leo was taken by surprise when Vela pressed his body against her without warning. She began rubbing him back and forth between her lips, and he was rewarded by a face full of juices even sweeter than her saliva. His hardness was now pressing against where his hands had been working before, and his face and chest were gliding across the slick opening beneath.

 

Abruptly, all the action ceased. It was as if he was in the eye of the storm. Vela had suddenly become aware of herself and what she was doing. She contemplated what she was about to do. The faintest, fleeting doubt crossed her mind. She banished it. He had lovingly spent a night inside her stomach. Surely, he would enjoy just a few minutes... she pressed him inside. Leo was bent forward, his arms pinned to his sides. He entered her headfirst, her two fingers guiding him along the right path until only his legs remained on the outside. He heard the most magnificent of muffled moans from far above.

 

Leo didn’t want to be a passenger for this. He struggled heroically to bring his arms forward and actively pulled himself deeper. He felt her fingers slip away, and he was left to his own devices again. Then, he felt her fingertips on his feet pressing him deeper. He welcomed the assistance and heaved himself entirely inside his lover.

 

Once he was all the way inside, Vela placed her hand over her opening as if to keep him there. He was right where she wanted him most. His body heat felt so intoxicating. She wondered if the sun wasn’t the only thing that could do her in. Her knees came together involuntarily. She bit her lip until it bled. Gods, he was moving! She didn’t know how much she could take. Her Leo. He was inside of her. He was all the way inside of her in such a beautifully intimate way. It was all so surreal. She kept her hand pressed firmly against her occupied tunnel and began to roll around the little cave uncontrollably. It was happening. He was doing it. He was loving her so deeply. She unwound.

 

Leo thought he might be squeezed to death, but all concerns for his own safety were far from the front of his mind. He was getting a mouthful of her delicious wetness, and he could tell she was close. He was close. She squeezed him so tightly that if she was screaming, which she was, he couldn’t hear it.

 

Deep inside the throes of passion, the two lovers came together, and there would never be anything in the world that could come between them.

 

A few minutes later, Leo was extracted from her dripping, tight tunnel. He was vaguely aware that she was licking him clean, interchanging between licks and kisses. She placed him face down back between her breasts and crossed her arms over top of them, firmly cuddling him into her.

 

“Never in my life,” was all she said. She meant a lot by it. Never had she loved so fiercely. Never had she been loved so deeply. Never had she experienced the feelings of passion and warmth she felt towards Leo. She wanted to say all of that. But it was all she could muster. They both fell asleep in each other’s embrace.

 

 

 

Somewhere above, the sun was rising. But the moon had yet to set.

End Notes:

As always, thank you for reading! 

This is the first time I wrote a scene of this nature while trying to exercise some semblance of "restraint," aiming for eroticism rather then making it explicitly pornographic. Let me know if you think it works! 

 

Vela's and Leo's Journy continues in Chapter 5! -->

Chapter 5: Candid Canidae by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

The story continues! After a wonderful night spent traveling and bonding with Vela, growing closer than Leo would have previously believed possible, something comes along to put his grit to the test. 

Some action; plot chapter. 

Chapter Five: Candid Canidae

 

 

 

 

 

Leo awoke shivering. He wasn’t dreadfully cold, but Vela’s body temperature had certainly dropped a little as she slept. He contemplated a moment whether he could tolerate the chill he was feeling, blinking groggily. He couldn’t have been asleep for long at all, though he had no way of telling for sure underground. He lied still for another moment and then made up his mind that he’d get a better day’s rest if he was more comfortable. He wriggled out from between Vela’s breasts and shivered even more after freeing himself. It was relatively warm this far down, but it was still considerably colder than he was used to. He thought about his options. He could try to get underneath Vela... or even... no. Best not to mess with the sleeping vampire without prior discussion. Finding clothes was the simplest, safest option. He sort of wished he had been inside her stomach. He didn’t imagine the cool air would be much of a bother in there.

 

He turned to try and look at Vela’s sleeping face. With her glowing eyes shut, and her not breathing at all, he wasn’t even exactly sure if he was looking in the right direction. He wasn’t sure where anything was. He wondered where the clothes he was wearing had gotten to. Leo looked around in the utter darkness. He wouldn’t be able to find them easily. He settled on his change of clothes in his bag. They were in her pants pocket. Her pants would be a lot easier to find. They were much bigger after all.

 

He walked down Vela’s torso. It was relatively easy to navigate since she slept as still as stone. He thought her skin even felt a little harder and less responsive under his feet. As he reached her waist, memories from earlier flashed through his mind. What a night they had had! He never would have guessed in a million years that he’d make it with a two-century-old woman beautiful in every way. Body and mind. Outside and inside. He got goosebumps thinking about the love they had shared.

 

He hopped down from her body and began walking alongside her right leg. When he reached her feet, he found her trousers bunched up directly beyond. He felt around in them until he got a sense for their crumbled shape and finally located the pocket into which he had seen her place his satchel. In short order, he had pulled on pants and just sat down to pull on a shirt when a strange noise reached his ears. He paused momentarily to listen for it to happen again. There was nothing. He began to put his arms through the sleeves, then it was back. What was that? Scratching? It seemed to be coming from near Vela’s head. He slung his bag across his back and darted over to the suspected origin.

 

When Leo got past Vela’s head, his ears were better able to home in on the intermittent sound. He followed it until he bumped into the tube Vela had constructed for air. It was emanating a strange sound. He stood there and listened to it for a while, trying to make sense of the sound. Then, it dawned on him. It was... sniffing? He placed his head in the pipe for a better listen and was startled into brief terror. A deep, guttural growl made the whole tube buzz with the low frequency. Leo jumped away from the tube in fear. What in the name of heaven was that?

 

He stared blindly at the ceiling as if it would tell him the answer. Then, a new sound permeated his ears. It sounded like muffled, though loud, scratching. It was constant. And it was quickly getting louder.

 

“No. Oh, no!” Leo shouted. Something was digging them up! “No, no, no, no!” He repeated over and over again as he leapt onto Vela’s body and dashed up to her face. He began to press on her face, screaming at her to wake up. “Vela! Vela, something is digging for us! Wake up! Vela, for the love of all creation, wake up!”

 

He climbed onto her face and tried to lift one of her eyelids. He couldn’t even budge it. He hopped down and shouted into her ears. He knew it had to be pointless. She wouldn’t wake during the day. Perhaps it was impossible. Leo had to do something about this. He couldn’t let them expose Vela to sunlight. He couldn’t let anything happen to her. He would have to act on his own. He nodded. No one was going to hurt his Vela. Not while he still drew breath.

 

He reached into his bag and pulled on his extra boots faster than he ever had before. He would need boots to fight whatever it was up there. Now fully clothed, he sprinted back to the pipe and pulled himself inside it. It was just wide enough to accept his little body. It was snug and made climbing difficult, but he was fortunate that Vela had driven it into the earth at a slight angle, so it was a sloped climb instead of a struggle up a vertical shoot.

 

Leo was sweating and cursing his entire way up the tube. He had no idea what his plan was, but anything was better than just sitting down there and waiting for them to kill Vela. As he neared the exit, he noticed that light was shining at an angle into the end of the path, and he was doubly motivated to propel himself along.

 

He reached the end, grabbed the edge in either hand, and shot out the makeshift air shaft like a bullet, easily able to propel his little body over a foot into the air. He twisted in the light of the early morning and got a good look at their assailant. It was a beast of enormous proportions. Leo’s heart was filled with terror. He had no idea what he could do to such a monster. He landed silently on the hard ground and ran around behind it. It had already managed to dig what he estimated was three feet deep. There was no time to think; only act. He cupped his hands and shouted.

 

“Hey! You! Beast! Over here! Look at me!” He was shouting as loudly as he could, but the ghastly thing just kept plowing into the earth with its huge, clawed hands. Leo has to think fast. He noticed its tail was swaying just above the ground on the edge of the hole. Without thinking, Leo ran up and grabbed the beast by its tail and yanked as hard as he could. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, the monster froze. Its big black ears pivoted, and then it twisted its body to look back at him with one, enormous, golden eye.

 

Leo’s heart turned to ice. He released the tail and began to back away slowly. The beast turned around and his blood ran cold as he saw its dirt-caked claws pull the thing up and out of the hole.

 

“Well, that worked,” Leo said in a pitiful, squeaky voice. Leo kept backing up until he tripped over a large root, and he just sat there, dumbfounded and terrified as the monster loomed above him. Its many, jagged teeth bared in a hideous snarl. It roared at him, sending hot air and spit flying at his face. He shielded his eyes from it. When it arrived directly in front of Leo, it brought its long snout down to bear with him. Leo was sure he was about to be shredded to ribbons. His wide eyes kept shooting back and forth between the eyes of the beast locked on him and its massive, dripping maw. He was surely going to die. But at least he had possibly distracted it from Vela. Leo closed his eyes and looked away, incapable of looking such a grim death in the face.

 

But nothing happened.

 

Leo opened one eye after the expected seemed to be transforming into the anticlimactic. The creature’s face was mere inches from his own. Its hot breath washing over him as it snorted out of its nostrils. Then, instead of devouring him or pummeling him as he expected, it began to sniff at him. Its curious nose probed at him cautiously, and then bumped into his face. It was cold. Then, the creatures mouth began to open once more, but instead of chomping down on Leo like a single, small scrap of meat, the beast licked him with its hot, wet, broad tongue. The lick lifted Leo off his feet for a second before he dropped to the ground and landed back on his butt. Trails of thick, viscous saliva stretched between them as the tongue separated from his face. Leo wiped spit from his eyes. For someone who had quite recently discovered how erotic and enjoyable a nice tongue bath could be, Leo was thoroughly grossed out.

 

“Disgusting!” Leo said, grimacing. The creature didn’t appear offended. It just stood there and panted happily. “Well that was unexpected. What on earth are you?” As if to answer his question, the animal stood up on its hind legs and released a blood chilling and deafening howl before falling back town on all fours. Leo suddenly understood what he was dealing with.

 

“My gosh. You’re the werewolf! The tension that had been building up inside of him began to subside. Vela appeared to be correct as she was about most things. The werewolf was no threat to a borrower. Once it, or ‘she,’ had determined he was no human, she had switched off of ‘kill-mode.’ Now, she seemed to Leo to be no more than a dog, albeit a massive, malformed one. He thought the creature must stand eight feet tall on her hinds like that. Her limbs were thin, but he could see the muscles rippling below the fur. And it wasn’t black as he had first thought, but a dark grey. That was easier to tell now that the sun was rising higher.

 

The sun! That reminded him. He looked at the sun. It was now wholly above the horizon. It was still early morning though. Then, it occurred to Leo as strange that the werewolf was still... well, a wolf.

 

“Shouldn’t you be back to normal by now?” Leo asked. She just eyed him without understanding. “Just a dog. Just a big, big dog,” Leo said. “Well, good girl. Uh... sit, or, heel or something. Just. Don’t. Dig. You’ll kill my friend.” He said aloud more for himself than for the benefit of the werewolf. She just sat down wagging her tail. Then, she did something Leo would have much preferred she hadn’t done. The wolf sprang forward and looked as if it was going to eat him after all. Leo yelped, rolling over, and tried to scramble away. He felt its mouth closing in at his back, but instead of snapping him up, its front teeth grabbed delicately onto his satchel.

 

Leo was hoisted helplessly into the air, dangling like a toy from the fangs of the werewolf. Then, the wolf began to run.

 

“Hey! No! Bad, bad girl! Dog! Bad girl-dog! Put me down! Are you listening to me! Drop me this instant!” Leo kept attempting to chastise the animal, but it was no use. He was being taken for a ride somewhere. He would just have to count on surviving the ordeal. Surely Vela would be able to follow this animal's stinky trail. He looked around as he was carried and saw the nearly full moon just at the edge of the horizon. It would set momentarily.

 

“Well that explains that. The moon and the sun don’t take turns. What rotten timing!”

 

Leo was thankful that his satchel was so well-made. He’d have hated for this to ruin it. Or to be dropped at such high speeds. After only a few minutes, the werewolf approached a shallow cave. It entered the den and lowered its head, dropping Leo daintily into the cold dirt. He dusted himself off and checked his pack. It was disgustingly saturated in spit, but otherwise unharmed, as was he.

 

“Well, so nice of you to put me down. Now, you listen— “Leo began. Then, he was stunned to silence as the werewolf abruptly collapsed onto her side and curled up. She appeared to be in pain. Was she hurt? She was breathing heavily. He cautiously made his way around her front, examining her wolf-body carefully. Sure enough, he saw the cause if her suffering. There was a dagger protruding from the quadricep on her left leg. The dark fur was matted with blood, and more seemed to ooze out before Leo’s very eyes. He wondered how he hadn’t noticed it sooner. He supposed he had been distracted by the rest of her too much to detect details other than her terrifying maw.

 

“Oh, gods. You’re badly wounded! W-what should I do?” He was at a loss. He just kept his distance. The wolf lied on her side and stared into Leo’s eyes pitifully. He began to feel terribly sorry for her. She wasn’t digging at them for murder. She needed help. She had probably exhausted the last of her strength returning to this den.

 

Leo felt helpless. So, as opposed to doing nothing, he approached the wolf’s snout and placed his hand on it. She shied away for a moment, then relaxed under his touch. Her breathing slowed a bit, calming down from the short run.

 

“It’s okay, girl. It’s going to be okay, Leo kept repeating. “I’ll help you. Just hold on. Don’t bleed to death.”

 

Leo stood there stroking her snout for a while. Eventually, the wolf’s eyes slid shut. He worried that she was succumbing to her wound, but then something else started to happen. Her body began to shorten. The fur was retreating into her skin. The snout became less pronounced. Her claws turned into fingers. She was transforming back into a woman! Leo backed away and watched the transformation with fascination. In under a minute, the werewolf had become an unconscious girl. Her body was pale and covered in scars. Her hair was light gray and struck a stark contrast with her otherwise youthful body. He wondered if gray hair was a symptom of lycanthropy. Then, Leo was struck by something else noteworthy about the woman. She was tremendously fit. Her arms were more muscular than most human men’s he had seen. Her whole body was built like steel cables. She looked incredibly strong.

 

Leo then realized he was, indeed, scrutinizing the body of a naked woman and remembered his shame. She wasn’t a specimen, no matter how intriguing her condition made her. He cleared his throat.

 

“Ex-excuse me? Miss?” She didn’t respond. “Miss, can you hear me? Are you alive?” The woman groaned painfully. Her eyes snapped open. They were still bright gold. Another striking difference from any human he’d ever seen. No wonder werewolves couldn’t blend in. She stared at him with no expression on her face, unblinkingly. Leo felt a little intimidated by her eyes. They burned with pain and fury. He thought the woman was more frightening than the wolf. He wasn’t deterred.

 

“Miss. You’re hurt. You need my help. What can I do?” Her eyes remained locked on him for a few seconds, and then they pivoted to a spot behind him. She kept looking back and forth between him and the other spot. He turned around and saw that she had been signaling him with her eyes. There was a pile of leaves. He ran over to it and forced his way inside the pile. The leaves were concealing a bag. He tugged on it, but it was too heavy for him.

 

Suddenly the woman croaked weakly.

 

“Lay... keht...”

 

“What was that?” The woman made a pained face. Closed her eyes and spoke very slowly.

 

“Blan-ket.” Leo understood. He found the clasps of the bag and quickly undid them. He squirmed into the bag and found that she had a big, wool blanket at the very top. Lucky break. He grabbed it by a corner and dragged it out of the bag with all his might. It took him many minutes, but eventually, he was able to cover the girl up and tuck the blanket under her as best he could. He left it loose around the dagger wound, not wanting to press on its handle.

 

“Thank you.” She said.

 

“Of course. Anything I can do. I’m afraid for that stab wound. I’m afraid you might bleed out,” he said.

 

“L-later. Little later. Still weak.”

 

“Okay. Okay, but how much later? I think you’ll only get weaker the more blood you lose.” Her eyes opened again, and she glared at him. Then, the fire seemed to go out of them.

 

“S-sorry... so much pain... poison... you’re right...”

 

“Poison?”

 

“Silver...” she said. Her eyelids fluttered and closed. She exhaled deeply.

 

“Well that can’t be good,” Leo said. He walked back to her right leg and hopped on it. He pulled the blanket up over the dagger.

 

“Should I remove it?”

 

“Can... you?” He didn’t know. He touched the handle, and the girl winced in pain. “No!” She said with more sharpness and strength than Leo had heard from her yet. “Too deep. Oh, hell...” she groaned. Leo thought that dagger was embedded in bone. He’d have no hope getting it out anyway. Best he could do was stop the bleeding.

 

“Your bag. Got any medical supplies?”

 

“Cloth. Alcohol.” Leo hopped down and went to work. This wasn’t going to be pretty.

 

After about an hour of dealing with her outbursts of rage and subsequent, apologetic pleading, Leo managed to clean and dress the wound. First, he took the knife from his bag and cut off many large strips of cloth he had found. Then he drank the remainder of his water and filled it up with the strong booze she had in her bag. He had used the knife to poke a hole in the cap and left it in as a plug. It took him many trips to clean her, and she wasn’t making it easy. Twitching and jerking her leg each time the stuff touched the wound. He finished by packing the cloth in around the knife edge. But this point the woman had become somewhat lethargic. He was worried for her life but didn’t know what else he could do.

 

Once he was satisfied that the bleeding was at least under control, he hopped down and made his way back up near her face. He sat down, exhausted. He looked at her tired face. Her eyes now remained closed. She appeared to be sleeping. Leo needed sleep too. His sleep schedule was wrecked, and he had been heavily exerting himself a lot. He considered making his way back to Vela but decided that she would have to find him. He collapsed onto the ground and fell asleep almost instantly.

End Notes:

Thanks for reading as always, and also as always, I appreciate any kind of feedback and always relish and respond to it! The adventure continues... now! --> 

Chapter 6: Better Know Your Beast by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

In this chapter, Leo, having given it his all to aid his new acquaitence as best as he could, tries to learn more about them until they can figure out what to do. 

A character development chapter. 

Chapter Six: Better Know Your Beast

 

 

 

“Hey, little man, wake up.” Leo felt something heavy pressing down on his chest a few times. He opened his eyes to see that the woman whose leg he had attempted to mend was tapping on him with her left foot. He grunted under the slightly rough treatment and waved her dirty foot away with his arms.

 

“I’m awake. Take it easy with that thing,” he said with a little disgruntlement. Her giant foot retreated back under her blanket and she winced from embarrassment.

 

“Sorry. You just weren’t waking up... so I... well. Sorry.” She looked away and down at the ground. Leo let out a big sigh. He sat up and faced the woman. She was in a seated position now. Her back was pressed against the wall and her injured leg was propped up on her bag. Good, Leo thought. That meant she had been able to move a little at least since he’d been asleep.

 

“It’s okay. No harm done. Man, slept most the day away,” said Leo as he looked outside the den at the sun that now hung low and was beginning to dip into the tree line.

 

“Yeah. You seemed like you needed it,” said the woman. “I woke up a while ago. Couldn’t sleep well, but I wanted to let you get some rest.”

 

“How’s that leg?” She uncovered the leg with the dagger wound.

 

“Better than when you found me, but still in there.” Leo chuckled.

 

“I didn’t find you,” he said in humorous retort. She bit her lip in mild embarrassment.

 

“Okay, maybe you should tell me what happened.” Leo thought back. It had been a wild morning.

 

“Sure. That’s probably best. First off, I’m Leo.”

 

“Oh, sorry. Jacqueline. Jacqueline Kennedy,” she offered. “Friends call me Jackie. Or... they used to.” Her gaze fell back to the floor.

 

“Charmed.” Leo said. “Jackie it is then.” Her eyes lifted a little. Leo wanted her to feel at ease. “Okay, Jackie. This morning I was hiding underground with my...” he hesitated a moment. Could he call Vela his lover now? His partner? “... with my girlfriend, and you began to try digging us up. I don’t know what lead you to us or what you were after, but I crawled out of the hole to fight off what I thought was some kind of beast, but it just turned out to be you, a werewolf.”

 

“Just me, the werewolf,” Jackie said flatly.

 

“Yes. You gave me quite the fright, but I have to say that I was quite relieved.” Jackie raised an eyebrow.

 

“You were relieved? To see a werewolf?”

 

“Well sure! I thought I was going to die at the hands of some monster, but you just turned out to be a nice werewolf. I’d say that’s quite a relief.” Jackie just stared at him in disbelief.

 

“Wait, so, what happened? I didn’t attack you?”

 

“Heavens no!” Leo said. She looked visibly relieved.

 

“Oh, thank goodness. That’s a weight off my chest.” Leo laughed.

 

“Don’t you think I’d be a goner if you had? Honestly, Jackie.” She smiled meekly.

 

“You are pretty small. You’re a borrower, aren’t you?”

 

“I am! You’ve heard of us?”

 

“I knew a family of you when I was little. My parents weren’t too fond. Called them ‘freeloaders.’ But I’d sneak them food and some trinkets. I was friends with the girl about my age. We could only play when my parents weren’t around.”

 

“No way! That’s great! I haven’t met many humans who have a soft spot for us these days, or even remember we exist.”

 

“Yeah. Little Monique. She was a good friend. Hope they’re doing okay.”

 

“We tend to endure,” Leo assured her. “We are a hardy folk.”

 

“Well you gotta be, being that small. Scary world.”

 

“I choose not to look at it that way. I’m finding the big world to be full of intrigue.”

 

“Brave little guy. So, what happened? I didn’t hurt you or your girlfriend? Where is she?”

 

“She’s still underground. She’ll be fine. I imagine she’ll catch up with us later,” Leo said, and quickly continued to speak when he thought Jackie looked like she was about to ask the obvious; namely, ‘is she a borrower too?’ So, he pressed on. “And what happened next was rather simple. You sort of... well, abducted me.” Jackie groaned and put her hand on her forehead.

 

“Ugh, dammit. I’m so sorry. How far did I take you?”

 

“Few miles. No big deal.”

 

“Wait, did I pick you up? Or...”

 

“With your mouth, yes.”

 

“Gah! No way! That had to be awful!”

 

“Well you were carrying me with your teeth by my satchel. Bag got a little spit-covered, but no harm done.”

 

“Oh, okay... that’s a lot better than what I thought you meant. Still. I apologize for the rude manners of my other half.”

 

“It’s fine. You needed help. And, for what it’s worth, you’re a good dog,” Leo said with a smile. This got a laugh from Jackie. He was glad she was able to lighten up a little.

 

“That’s a very strange compliment, but good to hear, all the same. I know we don’t attack all other species, but I didn’t know that borrowers were safe too. It’s a relief.”

 

“Like I said, I was glad you just turned out to be a werewolf. Even if you did...” Leo caught himself. He didn’t want to further her embarrassment.

 

“Did what? Out with it, Leo.”

 

“Okay. Even if you licked me once. That took me off guard.” Jackie sighed. She shrugged her shoulders.

 

“What are you gonna do? I’m an animal.”

 

“You’re a human,” Leo insisted. He decided to change the subject.

 

“Did you try, um... pulling it out?”

 

“What? Oh, the dagger. I can’t touch it. Burns my hands,” she said, showing Leo her right palm. There was a bright red outline of the dagger handle seared into her skin. Leo winced.

 

“Oh-h-h, that looks painful. Wow, is it burning in your leg, too?”

 

“I... can’t feel my leg. So, no.” Leo frowned.

 

“When my girlfriend gets here, I’m sure she’ll be able to help.” Jackie looked perplexed.

 

“What’re two borrowers gonna do? It’s in the bone.” Leo sighed. He’d have to tell her.

 

“She’s not a borrower.”

 

“Oh, you’re dating a human? That’s... interesting.” She looked to the side, seemingly considering that. Then, her head snapped back to look at Leo. “Wait. I thought you said I didn’t attack you two. If there was a human with you, there’s no way you could have stopped me. And what were you and a human doing underground?” Leo sighed in defeat.

 

“Because she’s not human. Just... trust me when I say that she’s no threat to you.”

 

“Okay, then what is she? We’re pretty far from the wildernest. She’s not a naga, is she? Those things give me the creeps.”

 

“A what?”

 

“You know. Snake-people? Huge? Got scales from the waist down?” Leo laughed.

 

“No. She’s not a snake-person.” Jackie appeared relieved. “She’s... a vampire.” Jackie’s eyes grew wide.

 

“Wow. A borrower and a vampire. That’s really something. Good for you guys, I guess. But don’t vampires, like... ya know. Is she gonna try to drink my blood or something?” Leo shook his head.

 

“She’s good on blood for a while. And she doesn’t kill people when she drinks. Tries to keep it civil,” Leo said, thinking about how rough she had been with the man named Green.

 

“Okay. I’ll just have to trust you. Not like I can go anywhere like this,” she said, gesturing to her lame leg. “Still though. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. How’s she gonna feel towards the werewolf who stole her little boyfriend?” Leo considered this already.

 

“I’m sure she’ll understand. You weren’t yourself. And no harm was done. She was the one who explained to me that werewolves weren’t a threat to my kind. She seems quite knowledgeable of your condition.” Jackie’s shoulders slumped.

 

“Alright. I hope you’re right. If she can get this thing out of me...”

 

“How’d you end up with a silver dagger in your leg?” Leo asked. He didn’t know why the question hadn’t occurred to him sooner. “Are you in danger right now?” Jackie looked contemplative for a moment.

 

“No... no, I don’t think so. These guys are pretty serious business, but they’ve never come after me during the day. They wait for me to change.”

 

“Aren’t you way more dangerous to them that way? Why wouldn’t they try to get you now? You’re not only very distinct looking, but you’re wounded, and carrying one of their own daggers around in your leg.”

 

“You’d think so, right? But no. They track me when I’m human and wait till I change to make their move. It’s complicated. But when I’m a wolf, they don’t have to hunt me. I always go right to them, and they know it. So, they just make themselves loud and conspicuous, set a trap, and wait for the easy kill.”

 

But if they’re able to track you when you’re human— “Leo began, but she cut him off.

 

“They have to get me while I’m changed. It’s legal to kill an attacking werewolf. If they do, my corpse would prove it, because I wouldn’t change back. They’re not allowed to kill me when I’m human.”

 

“Allowed? They’re murderers either way!” Leo shouted indignantly. “What do they care about law when they’re willing to hunt down and slaughter a poor girl!” He caught himself and tried to suppress his rage. He was surprised at himself for shouting like that. Jackie looked surprised too. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Th-thanks, Leo. I... no one’s really shown me that kind of humanity since I got this way.”

 

“No one?”

 

“No. I’ve been hunted and feared since day one. It’s... been a helluva year. I came to these mountains because I didn’t want to hurt anyone, but I was spotted and marked as a werewolf in a town at the foothills, and they’ve been on my tail ever since.”

 

“Well I promise that I’ll do anything I can to help you,” Leo said. “I’ll get those hunters myself if I have to.” Jackie laughed.

 

“You and what army?”

 

“I have Vela.” Jackie smiled disbelievingly.

 

“‘Vela,’ huh? A borrower and a vampire.” Leo raised his upturned palms.

 

“What can I say? Love is blind.” Jackie laughed.

 

“She’s lucky to have you. I think you saved my life. I don’t know if I’d have made it this long bleeding like that.”

 

“She really is. Had to save her from you first, you know. You almost dug her up in broad daylight.” Jackie gasped.

 

“Oh, my gods! No wonder you risked your life to... I can’t apologize enough.”

 

“None are necessary. No harm came of it, and I got to help you. Now, let me see if we can’t help you more.” Jackie’s face turned red.

 

“Thank you, Leo. You’re a good person.” Leo walked over to the wall and sat against it beside her. He put his little hand on her own.

 

“Takes one time recognize one.” She smiled. She looked outside. It was getting dark. She stared at the dimming light for a while silently. Then, after a bit, she turned to Leo and asked:

 

“So, what’s it like?”

 

“What?”

 

“Dating a vampire? Especially at your size. That’s gotta be a little... different. Pick a reason.” Leo blushed at the question. He scratched the back of his head. He thought for a bit and answered.

 

“Well, different is a word for it. We haven’t actually known each other long, but she’s already completely changed my life. I don’t know where I’d be without her. And she seems to be depending on me too. Just take this morning, for example.” He laughed. “My life will never be the same with her in it, that’s a certainty. And I love that. I love her. She’s... become the biggest thing in my world.” He finished the ode to his Vela and blushed more deeply. “Sorry, that was sappy.”

 

“No! It was sweet! I’m touched. It sounds like you two have something really special. It’s just unusual. I’ve never heard of such a match.”

 

“You don’t have to approve. I don’t mind being judged.”

 

“Leo, I turn into a monster and rampage at the mere scent of another human two or three days a month. I’m not one to judge love. Anyway, she doesn’t sound all that bad. Not a killer, anyway. Better than any of the humans I’ve met lately. And I can tell what she sees in you. Your heart is bigger than most men’s I’ve met. And your spirit is indomitable. You’re worth five humans. And you’re pretty handsome, too.” Leo laughed.

 

“Okay, okay. No need to butter me up. I appreciate it.”

 

“Seriously. Now that I’m aware that I’m not a threat to borrowers, I’m thinking I should date one. Got any friends?” They both laughed. Leo shook his head. “I’m only half joking,” she said. Leo finished his laughter and sighed.

 

“Actually, I don’t know where any other borrowers are at the moment. I’m on my own with Vela. But I’d be sure to put in a good word for you if we meet any. I don’t think you’d be a hard sell.”

 

“You promise? I’ll take it.” Jackie was mostly joking, but she gave it a moment’s honest thought. She remembered her childhood best friend, Monique. She used to think a lot about Monique. She realized that those thoughts had occasionally strayed into strange places that weren’t always entirely innocent. Maybe she would enjoy dating a borrower— if one would have her. She looked at Leo. He was a ruggedly handsome little fellow. She envied this ‘Vela’ of her catch. She had a fleeting impulse to ask him more ‘personal’ questions about the logistical issues involved between lovers of such mismatched sizes but decided that wouldn’t be wise with a new acquaintance. Rude even. She’d just have to use her imagination. Maybe she would find out on her own one day.

 

“So, how did you get in such good shape? Your biceps are enormous.” She chuckled.

 

“Running on your arms all night is a great fitness program. They beefed up pretty shortly after I was bitten. One more reason it’s hard for me to hide.”

 

“You mean in addition to your eyes and hair?”

 

“Correct. And all of these nasty, ugly scars. I’m... sure you got a good look at them earlier.” Leo had.

 

“Hey, scars are cool. I’m told chicks dig them,” he joked.

 

“Eh. Not when they’re hers. But I’ll take what I can get,” she laughed.

 

“Seriously, though. They’re not ugly. They’re striking. You’re very distinctively lovely. Don’t doubt yourself.” Jackie smiled.

 

“You’re going to make me cry, Leo. Humans can’t look at my features now without thinking of what they mean; ‘werewolf.’ And then, the jury is in. I’m a beast. Personally, I’m a big fan of my new eyes. But I preferred my old hair.

 

“What color was it?”

 

“Red. It was beautiful. Now I look like an old woman from behind. It’s been hard to get used to.”

 

“I think you cut a beautiful figure,” said a woman’s voice from the entrance of the den. Leo and Jackie both turned to look at the source of the unexpected voice and saw that Vela was leaning against the wall casually. Jackie shrieked and threw both hands up to cover her mouth. Leo merely hopped up to his feet and spread his arms out welcomingly.”

 

“Vela! I knew you’d find us, my darling!” Leo shouted joyfully.

 

“And I knew you weren’t the type to slip out in the morning,” Vela said with an air of humor. “Not without good reason.” She turned her head to look at Jackie. “I don’t believe we’ve had the pleasure. I’m Vela.” She placed her left hand behind her back and extended her right to shake. Jackie uncovered her mouth and slowly extended her trembling right hand to accept the gesture.

 

“I’m... J-Jacqueline.” Vela bent forward and grasped the frightened girl’s hand.

 

“A pleasure to meet you, Jacqueline. And thank you for looking after my loving companion.”

 

“N-no trouble at all. He’s... actually been looking after me,” Jackie said, her voice cracking with fear.

 

“You don’t have to be afraid, Jackie,” Leo insisted. “She’s not going to bite you.” Vela smiled and sized the woman up.

 

“No, I shan’t bite. Though you do look very inviting,” Vela teased. She released Jackie’s hand, and Jackie retreated back under her blanket.

 

“Sorry I screamed. You just startled me. You’re so quiet.”

 

“I didn’t want to interrupt. It’s nice to be spoken of in such a lovely way,” she said, nodding to Leo. He realized she must have been standing there a while. He laughed.

 

“Your ears must’ve been burning,” he said.

 

“You always manage to make some part of me do so,” Vela cooed. “But enough pleasantries. I believe I’m owed some explanation as to why I awoke to a hide half dug up and very much absent little lover?” Jackie turned almost as pale as Vela.

 

“My fault.” She said.

 

“Mhmm,” Vela replied.

 

“Maybe it would be best if I tell it, though,” Leo said. He spent the next few minutes giving the cliff notes version of the events of that morning. Vela watched him with keen interest the entire time, only breaking her gaze to glance at Jackie’s leg when he mentioned the dagger. When he finished, Vela knelt down by the shaken girl.

 

“I thought as much. You left a trail of blood for me to follow,” Vela said. “Well, let’s have a look at this wound and I’ll see what I can do.” Still trembling, Jackie pulled back the blanket, revealing her injury. Vela’s face betrayed no emotions at the sight of the wound. “It’s been in there nearly twelve hours.”

 

“How do you know?” Leo asked.

 

“Yeah, I don’t even remember how it happened,” Jackie added.

 

“I heard you being attacked in the distance last night. It was... chilling. I didn’t think you’d make it judging by the sound of things. But you’re lucky. It missed the femoral artery by inches, and it was below your heart. But it must come out or you won’t be able to heal.” Jackie nodded. Her face grew determined, though clearly, she was afraid of the pain.

 

“I’m going to remove it quickly. Once done, I’ll do something about the pain. But I doubt you’ll even notice,” Vela explained. Leo thought he knew what Vela was intending and wondered if she should tell Jackie more before doing so, but figured she had her reasons for being vague. “I’ll need you to remove the blanket and allow me to restrain you while I do this. If you struggle, you’ll risk more damage as the blade leaves your leg.” Jackie gulped.

 

“O-okay... just... promise to warn me before you yank it out. Oh, this is gonna suck,” she said almost in tears. She unwrapped herself from the blanket, and Leo saw that she was still naked. He turned away, embarrassed.

 

“It’s okay, Leo. I’m not ashamed,” Jackie said. “It’s just skin.” Leo looked at Vela. She nodded. Evidently, she wasn’t feeling particularly jealous about this situation. He nodded, too, and tried to look only at her leg where the dagger handle protruded. Vela placed her feet on top of Jackie’s and asked her for her hands. Jackie assented, holding them out. Vela pinned both her hands behind her head against the wall at the wrists with only her right hand. With her left she hovered right above the handle. Jackie was thoroughly pinned.

 

“Gods, you’re strong,” Jackie said. “Your grip is like a vice.”

 

“That’s high praise coming from you,” Vela joked. “Okay. I’m going to remove the blade. Steel yourself.” Jackie shook her head up and down, tears spilling from her eyes. Leo was afraid to watch, but he couldn’t look away.

 

“I’m ready,” Jackie said. In a flash, Vela grabbed and removed the blade. Jackie let out a howl of pain that reminded Leo of her ‘other self.’ The second the blade was removed, Vela released her wrists and moved down to address the wound in her own way. She placed her mouth directly over it, bared her fangs, and carefully sunk her teeth into Jackie’s thigh.

 

“Ga-a-a-a, shit! Gods, it burns!” Jackie shouted.” She grabbed Vela by the head and desperately tried to pull her off to no avail. She began punching the sides of Vela’s head, her fists bouncing off uselessly. “No! Stop! Don’t... don’t drink my blood! No! Leo!” She looked at Leo desperately. “Stop her! Help me!”

 

“She’s not!” He shouted. “She’s numbing you!” He could tell that it was already working, however, as Jackie’s face quickly transformed from one of terror into that of realization and calm. Jackie released Vela’s head from her hands. She pulled her hands away, shaking, and laced her fingers into her own hair.

 

“Oh, my gods. Damn... okay... okay, that’s better. Dammit, that thing hurt coming out. I thought I was gonna die.” Vela finished her work and pulled up from Jackie’s thigh. A small amount of blood dribbled from her lips which she licked clean.

 

“I didn’t drink much. I didn’t want to drink any, but I tasted silver. I thought I could suck some of it out. I’m sorry for not warning you. But I didn’t think you’d like the idea.”

 

“Of you biting me and tonguing out my dagger wound with that long-ass vampire tongue? What’s not to love? Sign me up for another,” Jackie said in near hysterics. “Damn. A little warning might’ve been nice. But you’re right. And it feels a lot better. I’m... sorry I hit you.”

 

“Didn’t feel a thing,” Vela said with a laugh. “I gave you a small dose of anesthetic venom. It’s harmless. You’re tough, so I held back. Just wanted to take the edge off it. I didn’t want to immobilize you. Not that I think any amount of my venom would keep you still once the full moon rises.”

 

“Well that stuff is magical. You should put that in a bottle and sell it.” Jackie was massaging the bite mark thoughtfully as she spoke. “I’m so glad to be rid of that thing. It was killing me. Screw hunters.”

 

“About that,” Leo said. “Vela. They’ll be on her again tonight as soon as she turns. They’re going to murder her.”

 

“You propose I murder them instead?” Vela said in a cold tone. Leo hadn’t thought it through. What did he intend to do?

 

“No, just. We can’t let her get killed!”

 

“Leo, I can’t restrain or contain Jacqueline all night. I believe her strength as a fully transformed lycanthrope will be too great for me. She’ll go after them when they lure her, and when the meeting occurs, someone is going to die. Nothing in the world can stop her, and I can’t change the minds of men.”

 

“But we have to do something! Vela! She’s just a girl! Are you going to sit back and let them murder a human girl? You and I have depended on humans for everything our entire lives. You can’t live without them! She can’t live without you!” Vela frowned. Leo was incredibly forceful. His will was taking its toll on Vela’s resolve. She didn’t want to get involved. She just wanted to remove the dagger and be on their way. She wanted to reclaim her lost lover and be off into the night, away from this unfortunate human and her problems. But she understood something about Leo. He’d never tolerate it. He was too passionately righteous for his own good.

 

“Do I get a say in this?” Jackie asked. Leo and Vela stopped talking and turned to look at her. Jackie didn’t like being talked about like she wasn’t there, and she really didn’t like feeling like she was driving a wedge between the couple. Once she was sure she had their attention, she spoke.

 

“Okay. Leo, thank you so much for cleaning my wound and staying by my side while I was disabled. You’ve shown me more kindness and humanity than I’ve received in a long time. Vela, thank you for your medical attention, and for the bite. And for your understanding for kidnapping your boyfriend. You’re lucky to have him.” She took a deep breath, and continued, “But if you both want my opinion... I say let them have me.” Leo and Vela both looked shocked.

 

“What?!” Leo shouted indignantly. “Let them have you? Are you serious? Then what was the point of any of this? You expect us to spend the whole day and half the night nursing you back to health just so you can sprint right into the jaws of death? For what reason? Where’s the good in that, huh?” Jackie’s jaw dropped at the reprimand.

 

“I just... I’m nothing but trouble.” Vela eyed Leo in a mixture of appreciation and apprehension. He was right. The girl couldn’t be allowed to consign herself to a miserable death. She needed their help. She didn’t deserve this. She didn’t ask to be a lycanthrope. They couldn’t abandon her. This was a new chapter in Vela’s long life. No more fear of connections. No more abandonment.

 

“Oh, this won’t do,” Vela said.

 

“What do you mean?” Leo asked. Vela turned to address Jackie.

 

“This is all wrong. We can’t let you die, you silly girl. Your life belongs to us tonight. Now be quiet with those idiotic delusions and let the grownups come up with a plan?”

 

“Excuse me? This is none of your business! And I’m a grown woman, I can— “

 

“Take care of yourself?” Vela interrupted. Jackie just stared at her. “Thought as much. Wonderful job you’re doing of that. No. Tonight we’ll take care of you. And until such time as we determine you’re fit to live on your own, at which point, you’ll be released,” Vela’s tone was that of a condescending parental figure. Leo wasn’t sure what to make of it all. Did she mean they’d be traveling together? He wasn’t sure. He didn’t want to ask. One thing at a time. If they could make it through the night with all three of them alive, they could talk short-term plans.

 

“Fine,” Jackie said, bowing her head in defeat. “I’m sorry. You’re right. I just didn’t think you really wanted to help.” Vela scoffed.

 

“Leo is right. I need humans to survive. It’s time I repay some of that life. What’s more, I can’t do wrong by him. He’s made up his mind. So, you’re getting our help.” Vela looked to Leo and smiled lovingly.

 

“Thank you, Vela. I knew you would see.”

 

“I just hope you know what you’re doing, Leo,” she said.

 

“Yeah, so what is the plan?” Jackie asked. “I’ll be a wolf soon and I don’t think I’m going to be of much strategic use.”

 

Leo considered this. The men hunted by making themself conspicuous and deliberately getting caught by a werewolf. Then, they’d kill her with silver blades and projectiles when she inevitably attacked. He didn’t want to kill them. He didn’t much care for them, but he wasn’t a murderer. So, all he could do was somehow interrupt their plan. Which point of the plot was most easy to foil? He thought back to the cottage.

 

“I’ve got it,” Leo said, snapping his fingers. Vela looked at him with interest.

 

“Oh, my Leo has a master plan?”

 

“Not very masterful, but it’s something. Actually, Jackie gave me the idea.”

 

“I did? Well what is it?”

 

“We put Vela’s venom in a bottle, but we aren’t selling it, we’re weaponizing it.”

 

“How does this keep me from killing them?”

 

“They can only get you if they attract your attention by being loud and conspicuous. We beat you to them, knock them out till morning, and they’re completely inconspicuous. Then, we get a hold of something with their scent and lead you away somewhere totally safe.”

 

“And what will be our delivery method. You mentioned a bottle. So, you don’t expect me to just somehow bite them all then?” Leo shook his head. That would end up being far too conspicuous. The fight would attract Jackie for sure. That, and he didn’t want these guys getting it in their head to become wannabe vampire hunters too.

 

“I’ll be the delivery method! I’m the least conspicuous thing of all!”

End Notes:

Thanks so much for all of you still sticking with me! This and the previous chapter were really just designed to get another charaacter into the rotation. I'll post the next one (or two) up soon! They promise to be action-packed! 

Please feel free to let me know what you think of this story in a review! It's currency for the soul! 

Vela and Leo will continue their adventure in the next chapter! -->

Chapter 7: Happy Hunting by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

Leo and Vela move out to test their strategy against the dreaded hunters, but does everything go according to plan? 

 

Action/plot chapter, very minor G/t content. 

Chapter Seven: Happy Hunting

 

 

 

The three of them went over the plan one more time. It was a rather simple strategy, but they would have to act quickly. The moon would be rising any minute now. Vela decided that she could borrow a little more time later by spending a few minutes now making special preparations.

 

“Leo,” Vela began, “you’ve seen Jacqueline’s other form. Were her wrists much thicker than they are now?” Leo considered this for a moment, trying to picture Jackie’s werewolf proportions.

 

“Not her wrists, no. Skinnier if anything. Her arms get a lot longer, and her hands get a lot bigger.”

 

“Perfect. Jacqueline, this will seem a little cruel, but I think you’ll understand the necessity.”

 

“What’re you gonna do to me?” Jackie asked apprehensively. Vela took up the dreaded silver dagger and snapped the blade off of it at the handle. Then, she took the blade in both hands and bent it into a ‘U’ shape.

 

“I’m going to pin you to the wall,” Vela said. She took some cloth and offered it to Jackie. “Wrap this around your wrist. It’ll guard you from the silver for now, but later when you struggle to free yourself, the silver will deter you for a short while.” Jackie nodded in understanding. She accepted the cloth and wrapped it around her right wrist securely. Vela then instructed her to place her hand against the cave wall. Jackie complied. Vela carefully positioned the U-shaped blade around her wrist and drove it into the rock until Jackie’s hand was pinned snugly, but not so tightly that it cut off circulation.

 

Leo, meanwhile, was transferring the remaining contents of his little food jars into one so that he could use the extras as delivery methods. He had two empty jars and one empty bottle once he was done. He then set about making a makeshift capping mechanism for them out of leather which he bound tightly around the rims with string. He offered the tiny containers to Vela.

 

“Can you fill these up?” He asked her. Vela took the tiny things in one hand.

 

“I surely can. But a whole jar-full would be a rather strong dose. The hunters would certainly feel adverse effects in the morning,” Vela said.

 

“Gonna hurt more than a dagger in the femur?” Jackie asked dryly. Vela smiled.

 

“Not remotely,” she said, and sunk one fang into the first jar, quickly filling it up with a mostly translucent liquid that had a very faint, pink coloration to it. In a moment, she had filled all of the containers. “Do you think that three will be enough, Leo?”

 

“Three will have to do. I don’t suppose you have any idea how many there are, Jackie?” She shook her head.

 

“I’ve got no memory of their party. You don’t retain a lot from when you’re a wolf. Sometimes little flashes, but nothing so substantial as a headcount.” Leo nodded.

 

“Well then, if there are more than three hunters, we’ll just have to improvise, right Vela?” Vela smiled, showing her fangs.

 

“Your confidence is inspiring, my little flame,” she said.

 

“I’ve never met a borrower so... self-assured,” Jackie said. “You’re a far cry from hiding at the sound of a footstep.” Leo grinned.

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment. I don’t know, I guess I’ve never really been in any real danger. Maybe that’s fooled me into adopting the ridiculous notion that there’s nothing to fear. Maybe I’ll learn.” He laughed while slinging his satchel over his back. “Okay. We should get moving. Vela?” Vela knelt down and scooped Leo up in her right hand, then tucked him into her cleavage securely. Jackie watched the casual act with interest. ‘Lucky guy,’ she thought. Then, she considered Vela’s position as well, and concluded that Vela was lucky too.

 

“Before you go...” Jackie began. Vela turned to face her in the entrance of the den. “Thank you both. Whatever happens tonight, thank you for trying... for not abandoning me.” As she finished, she was fighting back a sob. Vela’s face was unreadable. Then, she smiled in a warm way that looked almost a little wounded. Jackie didn’t know what to make of the peculiar expression.

 

“Don’t thank us yet,” she said softly, and then, was gone. They had bolted off into the night in pursuit of their game. Jackie was left sitting alone in silence and shadow. She stared into the night in the direction they’d gone as if she could somehow see how things would go. She looked at her pinned hand and gave it a little tug. It was a very secure brace. She was sure that she’d never get out as a human but wondered how long it would impede her other half. It wouldn’t be long, now. She could feel it in her bones.

 

She had experienced this more than a dozen times now, the coming of a true, full moon. When the moon wasn’t quite full. The extent of her change varied slightly, and the moonrise would take her by surprise, but the full moon she could feel coming for hours. It was as if it was shining through the earth itself and possessing her before finally doing its work. It felt energizing. Her body was heating up. She looked at the wound on her leg. It was already beginning to heal. Lycanthropy had its marvels, but then...

 

“If only...” she said quietly. “Could I really make them my friends?” There were tears in her eyes as her vision began to blur from the mental fog that overcame her senses as the first light of the full moon shone into the den. It had begun.

 

Vela sprinted through the woods faster than Leo had ever seen her go before. He figured that she wasn’t running at top speed when they were traveling. There was no real need. But this was astounding. He couldn’t even see anything. It was too fast for his mind to adequately process the dim objects as they passed him by. Vela’s first goal was the tree by which she had slept the night before. Then, once she had the original trail of Jackie’s arrival there, she turned and bolted in the new trajectory.

 

It was a simple hunt for Vela. The trails were fresh. A cunning human tracker would be able to follow them. Start at the tree, follow the blood-scent and trampled plants to the attack site, then pick up the hunter’s scent and find their camp.

 

“This shouldn’t take long, Leo, but we have some time to talk,” she said a little more loudly than she had spoken when they traveled before.

 

“I’m sorry I scared you tonight, Vela,” Leo began, cutting straight to the presumed point. “My not being there when you awoke must have been really confusing.” There was silence for a moment save for the rushing of wind.

 

“It was devastating,” Vela said. “I didn’t know what to make of it. I... I jumped to some unfair conclusions.” Leo’s heart ached at the idea that he had made her feel abandoned.

 

“I’m so sorry, Vela. I would never run off on you. I would never do anything to hurt you.”

 

“I know. I should have thought better of you. My emotions got ahead of my logic. Once I calmed down, even under ground, I could smell the lycanthrope. I’m not upset. It was just very jarring... last night we... it was so precious and wonderful and... vulnerable... and then you were gone.”

 

“Last night was the greatest experience I’ve ever had. I love you with all my heart. I belong to you now.”

 

“And I, to you.” This made Leo’s skin tingle with pleasure. But he still felt terrible about how he’d scared her. He could easily imagine her pain. If he awoke one night to find her gone, he wasn’t sure what he would do.

 

“And you should have woken up with me still beside you.”

 

“It’s alright, my light.” There was a pause. “But I swear if you ever scare me like that again, I’ll keep you inside my stomach for a week!” She said in a mock-serious manner. Leo chuckled.

 

“Don’t threaten me with a good time,” he said.

 

“It was a guarantee, delicious little man,” she said seductively. “But I also have to thank you. You saved my life. I can’t imagine how scary it was for you to stand up to a lycanthrope in a rage. I’m not convinced I could successfully fight her if it came down to it. And if she had succeeded in digging me up and exposing me to the sun, I would be no more. Your bravery and selflessness erase all other slights I felt upon awakening. You owe me no apology. I owe you my life.”

 

“You don’t owe me anything. You’re mine, right? I was just looking after my own.”

 

“Oh, Leo... then I am in good hands. All is well.”

 

“Ha! That’s right, your well-being is in my hands, while my everything can fit within one of yours.” Vela giggled. The conversation was taking the serious edge off of what they were preparing to accomplish. Leo didn’t know if Vela was nervous, but he was glad for the brief distraction. A delay in seriousness between points of business. He was also glad to have discussed her feelings about his brief disappearance. He knew that it wouldn’t sit well with her. But he also knew she would understand. A thought occurred to him concerning her level of understanding. Something she had said back in the den.

 

“Vela, back there, you told Jackie that her life was ours until we deemed that she could take care of herself. What did you mean?” Vela’s face twisted slightly.

 

“If we pull this off...”

 

“When we pull this off,” Leo jumped in. She sighed.

 

“Okay... once we are met with success, we can discuss things with Jacqueline more thoroughly. Tomorrow will be a new moon. She’ll be in a position of near-perfect mental clarity compared to her current fugue. I’ll be more comfortable hearing her out on her plans and decisions.” Leo frowned. So soon.

 

“Oh, I thought you meant something... different.”

 

“Did you think I intended to adopt a lycanthrope?” Vela asked with flat sincerity.

 

“‘Adopt,’ is a pretty inaccurate word for it. I just thought... she’s got a lot in common with us. No humans to rely on. On her own. Well, we aren’t on our own. We have each other. But she...”

 

“Lycanthropes have no friends and live short, violent lives,” Vela said. She wasn’t so much finishing Leo’s thought as much as his had shaped her own line of thinking. He was right, of course. She knew that. This ‘Jackie’ would not be long for this world, even if Leo’s plan worked, and to Vela, it really was a matter of ‘if,’ though she was trying not to doubt him. But Vela was also conflicted. Lycanthrope or not, the girl was still very much human in her eyes. Humans were unpredictable, fickle, and somewhat selfish creatures. They were even terrifying in a group. But then again, Jacqueline would likely nevermore be accepted into humanity as a member of a group. She was an outcast. She was still unpredictable, and even dangerous, but Vela couldn’t say that she seemed selfish. Her time as a fugitive had changed her. And Leo seemed to see something in her. Vela trusted Leo’s judgment of humans perhaps even above her own. He spent his life living in their shadow. Vela spent her life stalking them from shadow. She didn’t study their livelihoods or their ways, merely their habits and vulnerabilities.

 

Vela also had doubts for her own selfish reasons, and she resented that she was allowing such selfishness to interfere with her reasoning. The girl was trouble. She would pose very difficult logistical issues every month for days at a time, especially while they were nomads. Then, there was the more subtle issue; namely, Vela didn’t like to share.

 

She didn’t care that Jacqueline demonstrated obvious affection and perhaps even attraction for her Leo; that was superficial. Vampires weren’t jealous of physical affection. The things she occasionally did while feeding on humans could very easily be described by other species as sensual or downright lewd. It was very intimate. Nothing like she had done with Leo the night before, of course. Her body hadn’t responded like that in many years. But not too far shy of it from an onlooker’s perspective. And she would not give those tendencies up. However, Vela was very concerned with the emotional implications. Those aspects were very novel to Vela, and she was almost insecure about their potency— the hold they had on her.

 

The lycanthrope’s affection was understandable. Jacqueline likely saw Leo as her tiny savior, and to an extent, she was correct. Leo had mended her bleeding wound and even now planned to put himself in harm’s way for a lycanthrope who had plainly abducted him not a day before. Leo was in the midst of doing what no one else would do for the girl. Vela certainly wouldn’t be involved were it not for Leo’s insistence, but then, Leo was also her little savior.

 

She inwardly sighed. She knew what was necessary and already understood Leo’s position. She knew she would relent. But she needed assurances. She could accept the inevitable liability that came with traveling in a lycanthrope’s company. She didn’t care that the girl had an obvious attachment to Leo, or more broadly, borrowers. She didn’t care if Leo had an obligatory attachment for Jacqueline, or even more generally, an attachment for humans. Vela, too, had an attachment to humans. There were other benefits. For one, Vela could feed on her. That just seemed like a given to Vela. Secondly, Jacqueline could look after Leo in the day, much as Leo seemed to believe he was looking after them. Vela also understood that Leo couldn’t convert to nocturnal habits completely. He needed the sun. She wanted him to have it. He was almost her link to it.

 

There was even a chance that Jacqueline could prove instructive to Vela. Vela had lost touch with any humans who mattered to her ages ago. Most were likely deceased. What Vela did care about was Leo’s love. That, she had decided, belonged to her and her alone. Nobody else was entitled to his heart-fire. She had discovered it hidden behind a wall and it had been burning her beautifully ever since.

 

“Alright, Leo,” she said.

 

“Alright, what, Vela?”

 

“You win. When there’s more time, we’ll discuss short-term plans with Jacqueline. The girl can stay with us.” Leo knew that there was more to this.

 

“What’re your conditions?” He asked.

 

“I’m glad you already know me so well,” she said. “First, I need you to consider, this girl could get us both killed.”

 

“Such was our introduction. I know that.”

 

“Second, I will take more time to warm up to a human than I did to you. I haven’t... bonded with one in a while. Don’t expect this to be a happy family—not in short order.” Leo nodded. Vela collected herself. “Finally, your body is your own, your freedom is your own, but last night you gave your heart to me. I don’t know if you understood what that entails, but I’m very jealous of your love. I just had to say that.”

 

“And yet, I knew it. It goes without saying that my heart is only yours. Don’t be jealous of the werewolf.” Vela laughed softly. Leo wasn’t sure he completely understood her phrasing just then. His body and freedom were his own? He tried to make sense of it. He would have to ask her for more clarification later. At the moment, Vela suddenly cut slightly to her left in a quick directional change.

 

“Now, onto the task at hand. I’ve picked up another scent. It’s human. It appears that they pursued her a while, then they backtracked. We’ll be on them soon. Are you sure you know what you’re doing?” Leo thought about his little plan. It was a simple matter of stealth.

 

“I’m sure. I’m ready. Just... careful with your aim.” Vela scoffed.

 

“Operation ‘flying squirrel.’ How very absurd!”

 

“It’s beauty and elegance are in its simplicity. You’ll see,” Leo insisted.

 

They were coming up to a clearing. Leo could see orange firelight through the trees. His heart began to beat faster. So much for distractions. His task was at hand and he was becoming dreadfully nervous. His whole life centered around stealth, but he had always been on a mission to ‘borrow,’ never to deliver...

 

They neared the edge of the clearing and took in all that they could see. There was a large fire and three large tents. Four people sat around a small table chatting loudly and drinking from big, metal goblets. They were dressed in an assortment of chain mail and plated armor, some leather and some steel. They were all heavily armed.

 

“Three men and a woman,” Vela said quietly enough that only Leo could hear.

 

“I couldn’t tell that from here,” Leo said. “That’s a problem; I only have three doses.”

 

“I’ll incapacitate the fourth, just get the venom in three of their drinks and I’ll go for the last once it begins to take effect. You must act quickly. This has to be quick and quiet, lest we alert our lycanthrope friend and she does unforgivable things to their sleeping persons.” Leo nodded, and took a deep breath. He held it for a moment before letting it out slowly. It would be easy, he said to himself. It was just like stealing a piece of holiday pie while the master of the house drank too much mead at the same table.

 

“Okay. I can do that,” he said.

 

“Are you nervous?”

 

“Yup. Ready when you are.” Vela smiled. ‘This man,’ she thought.

 

“Such gallantry. Alright.” She pulled him from her cleavage and held him in her right hand as one would a dart, her thumb and forefinger on his chest with her hand under his legs. She brought him to her lips and gave him a long, silent kiss. “Be silent and swift, my little poison projectile. Before Leo had a chance for second thoughts, she threw him.

 

He sailed high into the air in a parabolic arc above the party of hunters as they chatted without a care. He got a good look at them while soaring towards his objective. Vela had excellent aim, and he weighed next to nothing, so the throw was easy, and his landing would be harmless. He landed directly at the base of the table around which the humans sat, narrowly passing under the edge of the tabletop at just the right angle. He hit the ground and rolled into the base.

 

It took him a second to get his bearings. Being thrown like that was rather disorienting. He sat up and dusted himself off. Then, he looked into the woods at where he thought Vela was still standing. He couldn’t see her, but he gave a thumbs up in the general direction, figuring she would be watching him closely. He made his way around the base of the table and took inventory of the four people’s positions.

 

He couldn’t see them but for their legs in his current position. He could also see the weapons they all had strapped to their sides. There was a hammer that looked more like a gigantic meat tenderizer which belonged to the biggest of the bunch. Leo decided to think of him as ‘Big Guy.’ There was a bow leaning on the table next to a much leaner figure. Leo hated the idea of someone shooting a human with arrows, so he named him, ‘Coward.’ Then, a broadsword hung beside the woman at the table, so he referred to her as, ‘The Knight.’ Finally, the gaunt man he had seen at the table across from Big Guy was armed with three daggers. There was an empty sheath on his left side where one dagger was missing. ‘Bastard.’

 

They were all facing each other. This would be difficult. It would be hard to sneak up behind one person in plain view of the other three. Still, he had come this far, and borrowers weren’t ‘known for nothing’ for nothing!

 

 

 

He made his way up to the chair of the largest man. The armor he wore was thick and made of leather. He thought he stood a good chance of climbing him unfelt. As he made his way up the chair, he began to take note of their ongoing conversation.

 

“And the moon’s just come out, so last round,” said Big Guy.

 

“Oh, there’s no hurry. I’ll wager she’s bled to death by now. Anyway, she can’t go far or fast. But no matter where she is, she’ll come limping over if she’s still alive once we sound that alarm,” said Coward.

 

“Well she better! Otherwise we’ll have to go find her! You got any idea what a silver dagger costs?” Asked Bastard with indignation.

 

“More than a bribe for a murder charge?” Asked Coward. “Cause if you go pulling that dagger out of a dead girl who ain’t looking like a wolf, and someone sees? That’s where you’re gonna be.”

 

“Yeah, probably have to bribe the constable with your other three,” Big Guy said, laughing.

 

“And who’s gonna see? Ain’t no one else in these mountains but us and ours. No one is gonna rat on me for getting my dagger back. And if she’s dead, so be it. Don’t wanna miss the price for her pelt and my dagger!” Bastard growled. Leo was practically sick with rage towards these people, and him in particular, but he kept his head. He was at the waist of Big Guy.

 

“Besides, if she’s not dead, she’s a wolf. We finish her off. If she is dead? Well. One less fucking werewolf,” Bastard proclaimed.

 

“Here-here,” said Big Guy. “And here’s to your aim, off by an inch like always.”

 

“Oh, go have a sit on your bloody hammer, you miserable lout,” said Bastard.

 

“Yeah, you hit nothing but tree,” said Coward.

 

“And you didn’t even fire an arrow!” Countered Big Guy, standing up and slapping the table with both hands. Leo held onto his belt and rode his momentum onto the table’s top. He rolled, stood, and dunked an uncapped canister of venom into Big Guy’s drink with the grace of a ballerina, swiftly rolling back off the table and onto the ground. He darted under the chair of the woman who sat beside him and across from Coward. In the commotion, she had picked her drink up from the table to save it from spilling.

 

“Dammit all, you almost spilled my wine. We don’t have much left, ya know,” The Knight protested.

 

“Relax, Goldilocks. One way or another, we’re only gonna be here one more day. In spite of what these two buffoons have to say about my aim, little werewolf ain’t walking that one off. I didn’t hit her heart, or even her artery. But it was deep. I threw that like I was aiming for a target a mile off and she was not five yards away. No way that’s not dug RIGHT into the bone! Bastard said with pride. “And I haven’t even got any arrows!”

 

“Alright, alright,” began Coward. “If you want me loosing arrows while you three are dancing around a werewolf, don’t complain to me when ya take one in the gut. Silver doesn’t care that you ain’t got the curse, it’ll kill ya nonetheless.” As he spoke, The Knight set her cup down on the chair next to her, still in her hand. Leo had been waiting in position and dropped another dose of venom the second it ‘clinked’ against the surface.

 

“Ugh, you two and your long-range weapons. You’re always so proud when you get a kill even though it’s me and him,” she said, nodding towards Big Guy, “who always really put our skin in the game. Hell, werewolf last night ruined my chest plates. Good thing she didn’t like dipping her claws in silver plated steel. But I’m pissed. I say we get this show started and try to lure the poor bitch back out for the final round.” Leo was making his way up the bow next to Coward. Almost there.

 

“Ah, ya bloodthirsty bastards, give it a damned minute,” grunted Big Guy. “I’ve still got half a glass here. And I thought we agreed on one more round!”

 

“Alright, fine. I’ll go get it,” said The Knight. She turned in her chair and reached for a big wine skin hanging on the tree behind her. As they all looked at her expectantly, Leo leapt from the tip of the bow and dropped the last dose into Coward’s glass before zipping off the table and leaping off the other side. He slid to a halt and was about to finish his descent when he was suddenly and rather uncomfortable cut off. He’d been in the chair when The Knight sat back down with the wine skin. Her leather clad buttocks came crashing down atop of him, flattening him out on his chest like a pancake. He would have cried out in pain, but all the air was pressed from his lungs. This was not his idea of ‘according to plan.’ He could hardly move a muscle.

 

“Alright, cups,” the knight said. Everyone downed the contents of their cups and passed them to her one at a time, and she topped them off. Then, she drained her own cup, wiped her lips with the back of her hand, and filled it back up. “I’d rather sip this strong stuff than get started hunting a corpse anyway.” She made to stand up, but suddenly felt a strange lump in her chair. She leaned to the side and looked down. “What the ever-loving fuck?” She gasped.

 

Leo, still quite out of breath, stood up and attempted to run. Instead, he merely stumbled out of the chair and onto the ground. He crawled an inch or two before a silver dagger struck dirt not hair’s breadth from his face.

 

“Well, Vela. Hope you’re watching,” he mumbled with a pained tone. Suddenly, The Knight’s boot landed beside him, and she grabbed him by his leg and held him up in the middle of the table.

 

“Whatcha got?” Big Guy asked.

 

“A little thief!” Exclaimed The Knight. “And he was pinned right under my ass! How’d ya get down there, ya sorry little excuse for a rascal?”

 

“Uh,” Leo groaned between a small fit of coughing. “Was going for the wine? Not much of it around these parts.”

 

“Oh, what’s that? Little thief wants to pinch a thimble of wine! And look, he’s even got a little container for it in his hand! Awe, you dumb little... you all see this?”

 

“I saw you miss it with your dagger,” Coward said to Bastard.

 

“Shut up and mind your drink, ya no good...” Bastard began, but The Knight cut him off.

 

“You ever seen one of these?” She asked Big Guy.

 

“A borrower? Nah.”

 

“They don’t borrow, they STEAL!” She said gleefully. “Well how’s about I give you what you came for, eh?” She said, and dunked Leo into her wine glass for a moment before extracting him and dropping him on the table. “You manage to fill your little glass up in there, little thief?” Leo landed in a heap. He looked at the canister. There was actually a little wine in there.

 

“Cheers,” he said, holding the glass up. The knight began to giggle uncontrollably. Leo wondered if the venom was working and she was interpreting it as unexpected strong effects of alcohol. If drunk is what she was expecting, maybe drunk was how she felt? Leo looked over at Big Guy. He looked fine, and he was the first person Leo dosed.

 

“Drink up then, little thief. Enjoy it. Then, you’re target practice. No one steals from us,” Bastard seethed. Leo was feeling rather big just then. He’d noticed something...

 

“I’d say you’ve thrown your last miss, my friend. If your aim was better, we’d never have met, but as it happens...” Leo trailed off.

 

“What was that, you little shit?” Bastard began, but then he was distracted. Coward suddenly fell face first onto the table, totally unconscious. “The hell?” The Knight went to draw her sword, but she only got it half-way before her fingers slipped from the handle and she fell out of her chair, totally limp. Big Guy didn’t move. He had passed out in his seated position and remained exactly as he had been, save for a loud snore.

 

“What the hell is this? What’s going on, thief?” Bastard shouted, drawing his remaining two daggers.

 

“Little cocktail I like to call ‘Vampire’s Kiss,” came a sultry voice from behind him. He turned and stabbed with his right hand but hit nothing but air. He saw a pale blur moving to his left, so he swung his left dagger at it. The assailant caught the blade in her teeth and bit down, shattering the dagger. She caught him by his left hand and spun him around and dipped him low as one would a dance partner and smiled in his face. Then, in an instant, she had his neck in her teeth. She bit hard and injected him with a strong dose. He tried to scream, but her hand covered his mouth so tightly that nothing but a muffled grunt could he heard.

 

When she had fished, she dropped the man to the ground with a dull ‘thud,’ licking her lips. Vela took a deep breath.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting, Leo.” She said.

 

“That was getting a little intense, yeah. But...” he looked around. “A job well done?”

 

“I was worried when he threw the dagger, but he really does have awful aim.” Vela said. “Getting sat on hurt much?”

 

“Only on such a stiff surface.” Leo commented, rubbing his aching back.

 

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Vela said jokingly.

 

“Hey, now. Don’t go making assumptions. Bastard taste good?” Vela looked at the fallen man.

 

“Sure. Good as any man who hasn’t bathed properly in weeks. I did have a little drink... couldn’t help it. Tasted blood once tonight and got thirsty, even if I don’t need it.” Leo laughed.

 

“I’m sure that monster can spare some. Come on; let’s grab something stinky off one of these guys and go lead Jackie to... Vela?” She was staring intensely into the woods behind him.

 

“Oh, dear,” she said calmly. “We miscalculated.” Leo turned around slowly. There were six armored men frozen where they stood, having just emerged from the woods into the clearing.

 

“Don’t suppose we can negotiate?” Leo asked. Vela snatched him up and sprinted towards the stunned party. She seemed to float from the ground and kicked the lead member square in the chest, knocking him back a few feet. He choked out a silent, agonizing gurgle as bones broke. She continued straight through him and sprinted onward.

 

“That’s a fucking vampire!” Someone shouted.

 

“She killed all four of em!” Cried another.

 

“After her!” Screamed a third.

 

“What? Screw that! She’ll slaughter us like—” began the second.

 

“You heard me!”

 

Vela charged into the woods at a speed Leo knew to be very restrained. He understood why. She was leading them on a chase away from where they’d left Jackie.

 

“Happy hunting,” Leo grunted.

End Notes:

Thank you for reading! Looks like the action is just getting started! More in the next chapter!

 

If you enjoy my writing or have other negative, constructive criticism to offer, please feel free to share your feelings in a review! 

 

Leo and Vela's adventure continues now in Chapter 8! -->

Chapter 8: Mortal Coil by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

The action continues. Vela and Leo do their best to deal with the tenacious hunters they so underestimated before, but will they be able to deal with the persistent threat?

 

Action/plot chapter, some G/t content near the end. 

Edit: added a paragraph during the G/t scene near the end of this chapter. 

Chapter Eight: Mortal Coil

 

 

 

Vela ran from the hunting party at a speed where they could keep her in their sights, but not catch her. She took a moment to tuck Leo back into her cleavage right as the arrows started to fly. Leo winced as he saw one pass over her shoulder.

 

“They’re shooting at us!” He cried.

 

“Relax, they’re just splinters,” she said in haste as she continued to sidewind through the dense woods. Leo thought he heard a loud ‘smack’ as an arrow pelted her in the back. He could feel the impact through her chest cavity, but Vela showed no sign of acknowledgment. ‘Oh, right. Vampires aren’t vulnerable to anything but the sun,’ he thought.

 

“So, you’re just going to let them chase you?”

 

“For now. If I run, they’ll think I’m worth chasing. I wanted to lead the racket further away. The longer they chase me, the less chance Jacqueline has of getting curious about the noise. Plus, they’ll tire in the pursuit. I won’t.” Just as she said that, someone stepped out from behind a tree directly in front of her. He was swinging something bright and hot right at neck level. Vela fell down to her knees and slid under the attack, rebounded to her feet, and side-thrust kicked the man in the side of his rib cage. He seemed to squeak in pain as he was thrown against the tree behind which he had been hidden, and crumpled on the ground uselessly, holding his ribs. “Two down,” Vela said.

 

Leo watched as the man’s weapon tumbled to the ground and stopped glowing. It looked like an ordinary ax. Vela began to run again.

 

“What was that weapon?” Leo called out.

 

“Not sure, but it was hot. The air burned around him, that’s how I knew where he’d positioned himself. Some sort of mage craft.”

 

“How’d he get in front of you?”

 

“I’m... actually not sure...” Vela admitted. Were there more of them? How many men does it take to hunt down one lycanthrope?

 

Her thought process was interrupted when another arrow struck her square in the face. The shaft shattered uselessly against her, but it made her blink, and she was distracted just long enough for two men to pop up on either side of her, both wielding the same, odd, glowing-edged weaponry. One was a sword, and the other was another ax. They swung at the same time.

 

Vela rolled to the side and under the swing of the swordsman, grabbing him by the ankle, and lifted him off his feet. She swung him with terrifying force and threw him into the man wielding the ax, who had made to throw it after Vela had dodged their swings. The swordsman’s body collided with him the moment the ax left his hand, and they both flew back and sprawled out in pain after rolling a few feet. The ax passed by Vela’s left arm and stuck into the tree behind her, it’s red glow subsiding. Leo looked at her arm, and his eyes grew wide.

 

“Vela! Your arm!” She looked at her bicep where the ax had passed her by, and there was a deep gash nearly halfway through the width of her arm. Vela gasped.

 

“What wicked magic!” She ripped the ax out of the tree and threw it blindly in the direction of their pursuers, sending them all scrambling out of the way, buying her a second to think. Leo stared, bewildered, at the wound. Already, it had closed. He blinked in disbelief.

 

“Vela, the wound,”

 

“It’s fine. But... it represents a problem,” she said. Then, she looked up, tilted her head to the side as if pondering the night, and then leapt from the earth high into the branches of the nearby tree. She began springing deftly from tree to tree. She continued for a few dozen until she stuck to one, climbed higher, and pulled herself on top of a broad branch. She lied on the branch with her arms at her sides, effectively hiding herself from any eyes below. Leo’s heart was pounding in his ears in the silence.

 

“Vela, are you okay?” He asked with some fear in his voice.

 

“Yes, fine.”

 

“I thought only the sun could harm you.”

 

“Kill me,” she corrected him. “I’m vulnerable to fire. It would seem these men have sharpened their flames.” Leo’s eyes grew wide.

 

“One of them was trying to take your head off!” He gasped.

 

“Shh-h-h,” she hissed. Leo covered his mouth. “Correct. They mean to dismember me. And I don’t know their numbers. This... is not good.” Down below, Leo could hear the men shouting as they searched for which direction the vampire had gone.

 

“If they succeeded?” Leo asked, afraid of the answer.

 

“Then it would be very easy to expose me to the sun,” she replied. “I need a new game-plan. For the moment, I seem to have lost them up here.”

 

“I know I came up with this whole scheme to avoid any fatalities, Vela...” he began.

 

“Yes, and I admired your principle.”

 

“But these men mean to kill you. Don’t you dare let them,” he said urgently. She smiled.

 

“I don’t take pleasure in the loss of human life, but I don’t mean to die this night. Rest assured.”

 

They lied there in silence for a while, listening to the sounds of the men below.

 

“Where the hell did she get off to?” One asked.

 

“I don’t know. We had the area surrounded. She must still be around,” another answered. Then:

 

“The trees! She’s in the trees!”

 

“Shit. She could have escaped our line by going right over us.”

 

“What do we do?” There was a silence.

 

“Burn it down,” came an answer.

 

“Burn what do—”  

 

“The forest! Set the fucking forest ablaze. I’m not letting that murdering bloodsucker get away,” the man who seemed to be the leader declared.

 

“I’ll get the oil!” Replied the second.

 

“Damn,” Vela whispered. “We can’t have that.”

 

“What are we going to do?” Leo asked.

 

“Don’t know. I wish Jacqueline was here, actually. It would be nice to... well... she would certainly shake things up. I’m surprised she hasn’t caught on to all of this noise. Maybe she ran off in the wrong direction after all.”

 

“Well at least there’s that. The plan wasn’t a failure.”

 

“True. But I wouldn’t call this a success.”

 

“Well, we’ll have to lead them away from the trees or they’ll burn it all down. Do you really think you can’t outrun them?”

 

“Please. Breaking through their little containment line will be a simple matter. But do you want them to be able to chase me, or do you want to guarantee our safety?”

 

“Let them see which direction you’re headed, but run like hell,” Leo said.

 

“Very well. Have it both ways,” Vela answered. “So demanding,” she jested. She pulled Leo out and kissed him, pushed him back down deep in her cleavage, and leapt from the tree. She landed right on top of the man preparing to douse a nearby tree in oil, her feet on both his shoulders. He screamed and crumbled under her.

 

“Hey, boys. Don’t burn down the forest on my account,” she said. A volley of arrows shattered against her from several directions. She leaned left and right to avoid a few glowing hatchets. Then, she dashed forward, and sprinted at full speed towards one of the archers. She shoulder-tackled the man, but held onto him, carrying him with her for several meters. Eventually, another man came from behind another tree like before, and tried to clothesline her with a sword, but it collided with the back of her human shield. She shrugged the man off her shoulder and got a hold of the surprise-attacker by the throat, and slammed him into the ground, riding on his chest as he slid several feet, and then sprang off of him, shattering his ribs. She continued forward, now free of the men’s circle, and dove into the night.

 

Vela ran for several minutes at flight speed, putting good distance between them and the hunters. She emerged from the wood line at a small clearing that overlooked a sheer cliff. Vela looked down into the gully below.

 

“Good,” she said. If they chase us here, I’m sure I can lose them over this cliff. No way they’ll leap after us.” She turned and sat down at the cliff’s edge.

 

“You’re going to wait for them so they can see you take the leap?”

 

“Yes. They need to know to abandon the chase.”

 

“Smart. But... you don’t think the speed with which you took off made it clear that chasing you was pointless?”

 

“They were willing to burn down the forest when they lost sight of me in those circumstances. They don’t give up easily. This way is better.” Leo nodded in assent.

 

“Okay. Then we wait.”

 

They sat there patiently for what seemed to Leo like an hour with no sign of the hunters.

 

“Are they still chasing us?” Leo asked.

 

“I can hear them. They’re moving with extreme care,” she replied.

 

“How far off are they?”

 

“Very close. They’re advancing at a crawl, but I can hear their movements just a few meters beyond the tree line. I’m sure they’ll be out in a few moments.” She was right. Not a minute later, some men holding glowing weapons of all sorts emerged to their left and right. Vela stood up and took a few steps back toward the cliff. The man who lead the hunters cane walking out directly in front of Vela. He was grinning hideously.

 

“We got you now, heathen,” he snarled. Vela turned and leapt off the edge. For a moment, they were in free-fall. Leo felt just stomach leap up into his throat from the force of gravity, but then, their momentum was abruptly halted, and Vela was jerked back. They swung down and slammed into the face of the cliff. Vela let out a terrifying cry. Leo looked down. There was some kind of barbed hook protruding from her gut. It was glowing with the same mystical heat as their weapons. Vela grabbed onto it, but it singed her hands.

 

They were hauled back up onto the cliff by a glowing red cable of steel that was connected to a reel anchored to a tree. Vela was terrified. She couldn’t remove the hook and the cable was too strong. She was pinned helplessly. She struggled up to her knees, and the men closed in on all sides. They all wore the same, sinister smiles. The leader stopped a few feet away.

 

“We came to this mountain hunting a werewolf, but do you have any idea what you’re worth?” He asked. Leo was horrified. What did they mean to do? He squirmed out of her blouse and up to her shoulder.

 

“Wait!” He cried. “Don’t kill her! We mean you no harm!” The leader frowned at the sight of Leo, his face appearing confused.

 

“What’s this? Vampire’s got a pet fairy?”

 

“I’m a borrower! And I’m not her pet! She’s my friend. I love her! And she’s never killed humans. She doesn’t do that!”

 

“A borrower. Well, little man, I don’t really care what she is to you or how she behaves. She’s getting pieced,” he said, brandishing a glowing sword.

 

“You can’t! Please! Why kill someone who was only running away? We didn’t kill your friends in the camp either! We just knocked them out so they wouldn’t chase our friend!”

 

“Who said anything about killing her?” The man said. “We’re just going to take her arms, legs, most her bones and such. It’s all very useful. How about this, you can keep her head. Sound fair?” The men all started laughing.

 

“L-Leo... I’m s-sorry,” Vela stuttered. Was she giving up?

 

“No! Vela! You can’t let them have you! You’ve got to fight!” He pleaded. The men all howled with laughter.

 

“Can’t... can’t move...” Vela struggled to say. Leo leapt from her shoulder onto the ground in front of her.

 

“You’ll have to go through me!” He shouted, putting up his tiny fists. The men’s laughter reached a new high.

 

“Awe shucks! Well, in that case, I guess we had better pack it in, boys!” He shouted to their amusement. He sheathed his sword and stepped up to Leo, looming over him with his hands on his hips. “Stay out of my way, little man, or you’ll get stepped on.” Leo was shaking with adrenaline and desperation.

 

“N-no, no way! I love her.”

 

“I said you could keep her head. It’ll live a while. I’m a generous man. But keep annoying me, and I’ll break your little twig legs and leave her head on a spike for the sunrise where you’ll get to watch the show.” Leo gulped. This man was pure evil. He was shaking in terror.

 

“Leo... run away. Over the cliff. You’ll be fine,” Vela begged. Leo turned to look at her. Her face was twisted in agony. His rage and sorrow flared simultaneously.

 

“I won’t leave you,” he said. She smiled weakly and shook her head almost imperceptibly.

 

“My little fool...” she said. Then, her eyes grew wide, and she threw her left hand up as if to stop something. Leo saw the man’s glowing sword swinging right for her neck, but it caught her at the left wrist instead. Leo watched in horror as her left hand was separated bloodlessly from her arm and flew off the cliff into the trees below. Vela showed no additional pain. Her face was merely determined. The man cackled.

 

“You can only block a few swings, vampire. I don’t care what you lose in the process; that head’s coming off!” The men all cheered. Leo was stunned to silence. This was it. He was going to watch his precious Vela get taken apart by these barbarians.

 

Just then, there was a loud crash from the forest. The men all stopped laughing and turned to face the source of the violent noise. ‘Is it Jackie?’ Leo wondered.

 

There was a scream from someone behind the trees, but it was quickly silenced. Leo heard several more ring out from the woods.

 

“The hell is that?” One of the men asked.

 

“It’s probably the wolf!” The leader barked. “Silver up, men! We won’t let her slip away this time!” The men all sheathed their glowing weapons and pulled out normal looking ones Leo assumed were edged with silver. They all stood their ground in silence, waiting for Jackie to reveal herself, but what came next was entirely beyond their expectations.

 

A massive shadowy figure exploded from the woods and overtook the man furthest to Leo’s left. In the same breath, several more burst forth and quickly subdued each respective victim.

 

“Oh, fuck!” The leader cried. He redrew his glowing sword and stood there, two swords at the ready, and shook at the knees as a massive figure slowly emerged for him. Leo’s jaw dropped. A dark shape of a massive serpentine behemoth loomed menacingly above the man. It had the body of a snake and the torso of a woman, but she was gigantic! She had the body of a woman that would have stood twenty-foot all, easily, but Leo had no way of estimating how massive the snake part of her body was.

 

“A naga!” Leo cried.

 

“Stay the hell away from me, you monster!” The man warned.

 

“You folk have overstayed your welcome,” the naga announced. “You’ve disrespected our mountain for too long, burning countless trees and killing many creatures. You show no regard for any but your own, and we have waited long enough.” She slithered at the man, and he took a wild swing with his swords, but they merely ‘clanged’ against the tough scales of her hide. Her tail came whipping from the shadows and hit the man in his side, knocking him down a few feet away. He dropped his swords and tried to crawl away helplessly. The naga didn’t let him get far. She was on him in a second and grabbed him in both arms. She held him struggling with her hands around his chest in front of her face. He didn’t cry out—just stared at her in frozen terror.

 

She opened her mouth wider than Leo thought should be possible and brought her mouth down over the man’s head. She shoved his squirming body into her hungry mouth, moving her hands down his legs to assist with stuffing him in. It only lasted a few seconds, and then, Leo could see the massive bulge in her throat move down into her chest, temporarily making a massive bump on her human belly. Then, the naga leaned forward and appeared to tense up, and the protrusion moved down her abdomen until it vanished within the massive snake part of her body. The naga licked her fingers and sighed with satisfaction. “You brought this fate upon yourselves, humans,” she said looking down at her undulating coils. “We take no issue with your kind passing through or even staying here, but your presence was intolerable.

 

The man was in a state of utter shock as he was squeezed down the narrow esophagus of the merciless naga. He hadn't been able to regain his senses since he was beaten down effortlessly by her powerful, serpentine tail. He was vaguely aware that the breath was squeezed out of him as everything had gone dark, but even as he was deposited into her first, human stomach, his mind was incapable of processing and accepting what was happening. He was forcibly squeezed into an upside down fetal position in a cramped, squishy chamber for mere moments before the pressure around him became unbearable, and he lost consciousness as he was pushed even deeper through a tight, muscular sphincter. The valve closed behind him, and he awoke once more a few moments later in a somewhat roomier, though no less unforgiving chamber. On some level, his intellect was aware of what unfortunate fate had befallen him, and even now it was desperately trying to warn him that he was in terrible danger, but it was no use. His conscious mind was baffled by pain and shock beyond the point of truly fathoming and making peace with his situation. He reflexively writhed around, trying to make more room for himself in the snug, slimy confines of the naga's second stomach. The walls simply hugged him all the tighter. It wasn't long before he hyperventilated in his confused panic and found calm and solace in the embrace of unconsciousness. 

 

Leo watched the ordeal with a mixture of fascination and horror. He’d been swallowed himself, but the knowledge that this man was going to be a mere meal for the terrifying naga made a lump form in his throat. But he spared no sympathy for the man. He turned to look around him, and each smaller though still huge naga was finishing off her own quarry. He looked back to the center one, the biggest one. She eyed Vela with curiosity.

 

“Don’t eat her! She’s not a human! She was only trying to—” he was stunned to silence as the enormous naga slithered over to him and brought her gigantic face down to bear with his.

 

“What’s this? Hello, small one. I could not hear you,” she said. Leo gulped hard.

 

“H-hello. I’m Leo,” he stuttered.

 

“I’m Elgara-ek’teen, what was that you were saying, Leo?”

 

“Not... not to eat my friend. She... she’s not...”

 

“I have no desire to devour a night walker, Leo. Her kind are very respectful and are also not suited for eating.”

 

“Leo... it’s going to be okay,” Vela said. “Honorable and beautiful, most noble and graceful guardian of this sacred mountain,” Vela began. “... a little help?” She said, gesturing with her right hand toward the barbed spear in her belly. The naga smiled.

 

“Of course, night walker.” She slithered over to Vela, taking special care not to squish Leo. She cradled Vela in one hand, and quickly yanked the spear out with the other. She released Vela, who fell back down to her knees. Leo rushed over to her.

 

“Vela! Are you okay? I was so worried, I thought we were done for!” Vela extended her right hand for Leo to climb into. He complied, and she brought him up to her lips and kissed him softly for a long time. He hugged her lips and kissed her back, fighting back tears that wouldn’t stop coming.

 

“I thought so, too, Leo. But we’re saved. The naga will not spare a thought for the likes of us.” She held Leo down by her torso and stood up. Leo saw that the abdominal wound had already closed, but her left hand was still gone. The clean stump of her wrist hung by her hip. “Thank you, Elgara-ek’teen, you have done me a great kindness. If I may be so brash as to inquire something else?”

 

“What is it, night walker? There is nothing urgent for my people now that this business has been dispatched.”

 

“Did your people come across a moon-child tonight?”

 

“Yes, we found the moon-child. She was chasing a squirrel up a tree.” Leo gasped. Did they eat her too?

 

“She is ours.”

 

“Your tribe is a strange one; a night walker, a moon-child, and a...” she hesitated.

 

“Borrower,” Leo offered.

 

“Bor-r-r-ower,” she said, trying out the title. “You are small but brave, Borrower.”

 

“Where’s Jackie— er, I mean, the moon child?” He asked.

 

“Leo, it’s impolite to be so direct,” Vela said, by which she meant ‘naga don’t take kindly to curt interrogation.’

 

“It is fine, night walker.” She looked down at Leo. “Your companion is unharmed. We took her under our care. It is unsafe for a moon-child to be left unattended at the end of the cycle.”

 

“We thank you with all our hearts for this unequaled kindness,” Vela began. “And I apologize for the burden. She is ours to look after, but we were trying to keep her far away from the hunters.”

 

“I understand your priorities. But moon-children are no burden when there are no humans about. We were planning to take care of them anyway. But when we found her and understood their goals, we concluded that their time was up. No cursed child of the moon seeking refuge in the mountains will be punished. We hope she will not begrudge us for what we found necessary to do with her kin.” Leo didn’t think Jackie would mind too terribly much. She would just be glad she hadn’t done anything awful herself.

 

“She will not blame you for being blameless. You are as just as you are graceful,” Vela said. Leo was beginning to catch on to how she was addressing the naga: constant flattery and thanks.

 

“We are in your debt, oh beautiful and heroic Elgara-ek’teen,” Leo said. Vela sighed with the slightest hint of exasperation. ‘Why did you do that?’ She asked internally. The naga smiled warmly.

 

“Oh? I am sorry that you feel the scales are tipped. We were merely doing as we saw fit. But if there is an imbalance of favor, we shall do our best to alleviate you of the discomfort of a burden. You may accompany us back to our home, and we will see to it that there are no outstanding feelings of obligation. Then, we shall be restored as equals,” Elgara-ek’teen announced proudly. Leo was confused. What exactly had he done, he wondered. He looked up to Vela, and she shook her head at him.

 

“We graciously accept your offer, most courageous and lovely, Elgara-ek’teen. We look forward to restoring the balance between our tribes,” Vela said with a smile and an even tone. “Please be so kind as to show us the way to your home, and we shall follow.”

 

“I will dispatch some little ones to search the land below for your hand, night walker. They do not have much time to find it,”

 

“I am sure they will do what they can, Elgara-ek’teen. I will not begrudge their failure.”

 

“Very good. Now, follow closely. We will not move quickly by your standards. My warriors and I are all with meals,” she said. Leo realized she was referring to the hunters they had all eaten alive. He shivered. Elgara-ek’teen turned and began to slide back into the trees.

 

“Way to go, Leo,” Vela said quietly, confirming his suspicion that he had somehow made a mistake.

 

“Okay, what did I do?” Leo asked, embarrassed.

 

“Oh, you’ll see. You’ve gone and made a queen snake think you feel miserably indebted to her. She seems to respect us and loathes the idea that we feel such a painful inequality due to her actions. She’ll try to right that wrong by... well. You’ll see!”

 

“Dammit, what the hell are they going to ask of us?” Vela smiled at him. “You. Will. See. But I can tell you one thing.”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I’ll bet that Jacqueline is going to hate it,” she said with a smirk. Leo remembered. Jackie had actually said that nagas give her the creeps.

 

“Oh, no. You have no idea. Jackie said nagas freak her out.”

 

“Oh?” Vela’s eyebrows raised. “Then she’s REALLY going to hate it. And I confess, while I hold no ill will towards the girl, this night was awful and may have cost me my left hand. So, I will take some level of joy in this. Thank you for getting us roped into it, Leo!” Leo chuckled.

 

“You seem in pretty high spirits for someone who just lost her hand, and almost died.”

 

“I am. Because we didn’t die. I’ll mourn my hand later if I must. For now,  I’m on a cloud. And these naga essentially guarantee that, for a short while, our troubles are over. We won’t overstay our welcome, but this will be a very pleasant contrast to the last twenty-four hours.” Leo shook his head. “Besides,” she continued, “they won’t ask anything of us tonight. Jacqueline is still a wolf. So that means, tonight, I get to hold you close, and show you how thankful I am that none of us died.” Leo smiled big.

 

“Okay, when you put it that way...” he said. They walked along in the woods just behind Elgara-ek’teen with the rest of the naga warriors following shortly behind. Leo wondered what strange new adventures the next couple of days would bring.

End Notes:

Thank you so much to anyone who has stuck with me this far! I am surprised at myself for the direction and length this story has taken, but the feedback has been awesome. 

For those of you hanging in there for the somewhat (or even very) lewd G/t content, I apologize that the last several chapters were somewhat barren. But I'd rather not include it frivolously at the expense of the plot and characters. Your patience will be rewarded! Trust me on that. ;) 

As always, I really appreciate any and all forms of feedback! 

Vela and Leo's adventures continue in Chapter Nine! (warning, it's steamy!)  -->

Chapter 9: Settling Depths by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

Leo and Vela are guided to the naga settlment, and Leo gets his first taste of what it means to be "indebted" to the peculiar species. 

 

Lewd chapter. Heavy G/t content. so beware/enjoy! 

Chapter Nine: Settling Depths

 

 

 

They walked behind Elgara-ek’teen for a couple of hours, chatting idly along the way. Vela explained to Leo that, given she got it back, she would have no trouble reattaching her left hand, but in the meantime, she would have to settle for having only one. Leo felt miserable about her loss, but he was hesitant to express it while Vela was taking it so casually. He was afraid she was making light of it so as not to come to terms with such a loss all at once. He figured that someone of her age had her own ways of dealing with loss. In any case, he crossed his fingers that the nagas whom had been sent to find her hand were successful. He understood from Vela’s explanation that if her hand got caught in the sun, there would be no hope of recovering it.

 

After a time, they came upon a cave entrance that lead into part of the mountain. They followed the enormous naga inside and were shown into a large cavern. It was beautiful. The walls were all festively decorated with various forms of tapestries and wall paintings. There were enormous skylights in the ceiling above that let the silvery glow of the full moon shine in clearly, making the place shine with a mixture of the moon’s natural light and that of the many torches arranged in various places. There were homes of many shapes and sizes that were arranged everywhere from the floor, to halfway up a wall, to being attached to the ceiling. Based on their number, Leo was shocked at how many nagas must have lived in this mountain. It had to be well over a hundred.

 

Elgara-ek’teen stopped and turned to face the pair.

 

“Welcome, most sincerely, welcome, to our humble den,” she said, gesturing to the massive cavern around them.

 

“It is as humble as you are small,” Vela said. The naga smiled.

 

“You are most wise with your words, night walker. But do not fret, you do not have to continue with the formality. We will be friends. What do I call you, night walker?”

 

“I am Vela.”

 

“Vela. And the borrower is known as Leo. He was very quick to give his name. A very honest and forward man,” Elgara-ek’teen said, smiling at Leo. “And incredibly generous to declare a debt.” Leo blushed. He still didn’t know what this big fuss about the debt was. But Vela had quietly explained to him on the road that naga had a funny way of dealing with debt. It was almost backwards. If you told someone you were in their debt, you were, conversely, doing them an honor and a favor by the mere declaration. It gave a tribe the opportunity to become closer to you by making you feel more comfortable. They would host you. You would be asked to do them favors. The debt would be forgiven, and you would be equals and allies. That was all he was able to get out of her about it. Vela had seemed almost deliberately vague. Leo was a little miffed, but realized it was his own loose tongue that hat had gotten them into this, and if Vela didn’t mind, he thought it would be okay in the end. Elgara-ek’teen spoke again.

 

“You may both, as our guests, refer to me as simply, Ek’teen.” Vela bowed her head.

 

“Thank you for the privilege,” she said. Vela looked around. There wasn’t going to be anywhere in this cavern safe for her to sleep, and the ground outside had all been rock for miles. She was about to bring this up with Elgara-ek’teen when they were distracted by a familiar form. There was a ‘bark’ from somewhere on their right, and Leo saw the shape of an enormous wolf running his way. Well, it wasn’t quite a wolf. It had undeniable human features, but the full-moon transformation appeared to produce something with a cleaner form than he had seen the night before. It was as if she had been undecided about how to be a werewolf then. Now, she was an entirely different animal.

 

She bounded over to them happily and leapt up on Vela. Even on all-fours, her head was nearly level with Vela’s. Jackie was massive. She hopped up and placed her hands on Vela’s shoulders and licked her right on the cheek. Vela blinked in disbelief. Leo burst out laughing, but he was premature, as his laughter attracted Jackie’s attention, and he promptly got his own lick— a series of them. He tried desperately to push her away, but the tongue was an irresistible assailant. Now it was Vela’s turn to laugh.

 

“Okay. I like her this way,” Vela said. “None of the human complexity. She’s just damnably cute!”

 

“Yes, adorable, mind pushing her down? I’m getting soaked here! Gah, her breath stinks!” Vela gently pushed the werewolf down and began scratching her behind her ears.

 

“Who’s a good lycanthrope? Who managed not to kill a single human? That’s right, you!” Jackie appeared delighted by the attention. Leo was just glad that she had stayed out of trouble. He was also glad that she seemed to recognize them, even if she wasn’t quite aware of what she was doing. But he was taken aback by Vela’s kind disposition towards her. Vela seemed pretty stunned by the lick, but besides that, she was being downright playful. Leo thought maybe she was just really happy to be alive. Perhaps he should emulate her attitude instead of questioning everything. She was right before back at the cliff. They weren’t dead. They should show how happy they were about that. Leo was just having a little bit of trouble shifting gears so easily. It was difficult to forget the things he had felt earlier that dreadful night. Vela seemed to sense his difficulty.

 

“Leo, I need you to relax,” she said quietly while petting Jackie. “I need the fearless, carefree Leo back. We accomplished all of our goals tonight. If you’re worried about my hand, I’ll do much better with you being normal.” Leo sighed.

 

“You’re right. It was just a lot of... traumatic close calls. But we’re here.”

 

“Don’t try to process it all in one night, my sweet. You’ve got time because you survived. Just ease up that tension. Be here.” He turned around in her cleavage and hugged her chest. Her cold skin felt wonderful against his. It seemed to suck his worries away.

 

“Your friend seems very happy to see you two,” Elgara-ek’teen said gladly. “And what is she called?”

 

“She is Jacqueline,” Vela said. “But her friends call her Jackie, isn’t that right, big Jackie?” Leo smiled. Vela had never called her by her nickname.

 

“With her permission tomorrow, I hope to be allowed to call her, ‘Jackie.’ Until then, I will use her formal name,” Elgara-ek’teen said. “Now then, what would you all prefer for your sleeping arrangements? We have many open dens you could occupy, and any of ours would be proud to host you should you prefer, eh, company...” she said, bowing and placing her hands together, her fist enclosed in her other palm. Leo scratched his head.

 

“Yes, about that,” Vela began. “You are aware of my special needs during the day?”

 

“I am QUITE aware, yes. Though we have not played host to a night walker in many years— not in my lifetime— I have been educated with regards to providing special hospitality to almost any species who still enjoys life in territories outside the wildernest,” Elgara-ek’teen announced with propriety and pride. Vela looked at Leo and grinned. Then, she addressed Ek’teen.

 

“Then who is good enough to host me?” She asked. Elgara-ek’teen’s eyes lit up.

 

“Oh, Vela. I know just the woman for the job. She will put you up most comfortably. We can look after Leo and Jacqueline in the meantime.” Vela rose her hand in polite protest.

 

“I’ll thank you to watch over Jacqueline, and to explain my whereabouts to her when the moon sets and she reawakens, but Leo stays with me.” Elgara-ek’teen’s smile grew all the bigger.

 

“Fascinating. Of course, if you insist. Your host will show appropriate consideration and restraint,” she concluded. “Come, I’ll show you to her.” She made a gesture to a nearby naga who then beckoned Jackie for her attention. Jackie quickly ran over to her, and then Ek-teen slithered away towards some place in the back left of the cavern. They began to follow her, leaving Jackie in the care of the smaller naga.

 

“What was that all about?” Leo asked. “Of course I’m going to stay with you. Lucky that they have a place that works for you, though.

 

“Oh, it’s really no fault of theirs to assume you might not want to. It’s... unusual for other species to spend the day sleeping with a vampire, after all. I’m almost certain the nagas wouldn’t have seen any instances of it anyway,” Vela explained. “But yes. It is very lucky. I wasn’t sure anyone would be up to it.” Leo shook his head. No one up to hosting a vampire who would die without the proper care? He supposed he understood that, but not from these nagas. They seemed downright ecstatic to have guests, eager to accommodate their every need. Elgara-ek’teen appeared delighted to prove she could do so.

 

They arrived at a very large structure of stone on ground-level against the back wall of the cavern.

 

“I will make the introduction,” Ek-teen said. She slithered over to the opening of the home and peered inside. There was no door. “Nok-toon, we have special guests who have been so kind as to call upon you as a host!” She called. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, a very loud, soft, sliding noise filled Leo’s ears. A moment later, the most massive being Leo had ever seen emerged from the hole of a door. The upper body of a woman who would have stood perhaps forty feet tall if she was on legs ducked out of the home and rose high above them. She had scales on her forearms and her cheeks, and her massive green eyes with slit pupils shimmered in the moonlight.

 

“Good evening,” her rumbling feminine voice boomed like soft thunder. Leo’s eyes bulged. His jaw dropped. He was utterly blown away by the spectacle that was this mere woman’s behemoth existence, never mind the fact that she was very naked where it counted for her human half. He felt so insignificant compared to this titan.

 

“This is Vela, and her companion, Leo. Vela, Leo, this is Nok-toon.” Vela bowed. Nok-toon did the same, the air moving around them all by her slight show of grace. “Nok-toon, Vela is a night walker. She has done you the great honor of requesting you tend to her special needs during the hours of sunlight. Do you accept this privilege and understand her most particular needs?” Ek-teen asked. Nok-toon blushed. She came down to their level. Leo shivered under the intense gaze of the giant being.

 

“Yes! I would be honored and delighted to shoulder this responsibility.” Her eyes seemed to cross a little in an attempt to focus on Leo. “You said they both requested me as host? What of you, little one?” Leo gulped hard. He tried to pretend like none of this was a big deal. It was certainly making him forget the events of earlier. He cleared his throat.

 

“I... wish to stay with Vela in her accommodations tonight, if that’s alright with you... stately, stunning, and beautiful host,” Leo said in a shy chirp he was almost certain the monolith wouldn’t have heard. But she did. Her blush deepened, and she covered her mouth as she giggled.

 

“Such an intriguing little thing. You’re quite the stalwart, and so charm-forward! But, how unconventional!” Nok-toon exclaimed.

 

“It is, but impressive!” Ek-teen agreed. They both shared a fit of shy laughter. ‘What the hell is with them?’ Leo wondered.

 

“I appreciate your attention for care and convention. But I can assure you both that this is not some ploy at your expense. I can vouch for both his will and his safety,” Vela said, and she looked at Leo. “Right, my love?” He perked up.

 

“Of course. I’ll be fine. I trust Vela with my life, and by extension, I trust her host, Nok-toon. Thank you for taking the trouble to host us both.

 

“Oh, no trouble! It’s my pleasure! Wow... thank you for the introduction, Ek-teen, I’ll show them... inside...” Ek-teen bowed.

 

“I’ll see you all tomorrow evening,” Ek-teen said, smiling brightly, and slithered away. It was just the three of them now.

 

“Nok-toon,” Vela started, “if you would be so gracious as to show us in?”

 

“Oh, of course!” The giant naga beamed. “Please, come in. There... isn’t much room, but I don’t suppose you’ll mind terribly, considering.”

 

“Not at all,” Vela said. The naga retreated into her residence at a speed which seemed to be unfitting for her size. Leo wondered what sorts of accommodations this woman could possibly have for them within. Perhaps a closet? A crawl space? Vela went to follow her inside.

 

“Hope you’re ready, Leo...” she said.

 

“Ready for what?”

 

“To begin repaying your silly little ‘debt.’” Leo shrugged. Whatever it took, he supposed. If the nagas took such pleasure in the mere act of hosting, he was glad that it would go toward settling his folly.

 

They stepped through the threshold of the door. It took Leo’s eyes a moment to adjust to the dim candlelight of Nok-toon’s spacious den. She had been right when she said there wouldn’t be much room. Nok-toon’s coiled up body seemed to be occupying almost all the available space.

 

“I’m back here,” Leo heard the Naga say from the back of the room, hidden by her own body. Vela walked around the giant, scaly wall separating them from Nok-toon’s human half. Then, they got to the back, there was an opening in the wall of snakeskin, and Leo saw that she was, in fact, in the center of the room, surrounded by herself, so to speak. As Vela approached her, the gap closed up behind and they were completely surrounded by the magnificent specimen of human-reptilian magnitude.

 

“You have a lovely home, Nok-toon,” Vela said. “But I’m sure it has nothing on where I’ll be spending the night...” The naga’s blush was perceptible even in the dim lighting. Leo looked around. The den was pretty spartan. There wasn’t much of anything in here. He scanned the floor for some kind of hatch. There was nothing.

 

“Um... Vela? Where exactly do you intend to sleep safely in here?” Vela pulled him up to her face and whispered.

 

“If you haven’t figured that out yet, I’m not sure you will until you see,” she said. She kissed him softly on the cheek. His face flushed, but he was still confused. Vela set him down on the ground. “I’ll just get ready,” she said to Nok-toon. Leo’s eyes bulged as Vela began to take off her blouse. She let it fell to the ground, and then she pushed her trousers down past her butt and stepped out of them. Leo took in the delicious view of his vampire lover’s body, her rear being so full and soft looking. He recalled being sat on by The Knight back at the hunter’s camp, and decided that, perhaps he might enjoy that if it had been Vela.

 

“Alright, have you ever hosted a night walker before?”

 

“N-no. I was quite young and far too small last time one graced us with a visit. But... I observed. And I... hoped I would get to, one day. I imagined it being quite the treat,” Nok-toon confessed.

 

“Well this is a first for both of us, to tell you the truth, and I imagine it’ll be more natural for you.” Vela said. Leo was in a state of no thought. He was just enjoying the view of his naked girlfriend as she spoke to this gigantic, also naked snake-woman. He should have been following the conversation, but the night had been long, and his brain was tired and foggy, so he didn’t notice even when the naga licked her lips while eyeing his lover.

 

“It’s... very natural. But I promise not to move you down...,”

 

“That would be best for my companion, especially.”

 

“Of... of course... yes... both together, or...?”

 

“Me first, please. And take your time. I’ve never experienced such a thing. I want to savor it.”

 

“I’ll... try to go slow,” the naga said, her scaly cheeks now a deep shade of crimson. “I’m sorry if I get a little excited. This shouldn’t be a big deal at all, but... it’s just so flattering to be called upon like this... okay. Okay. I’m ready. Let’s get you inside, night walker...” with that, she brought her head down, placing her chin on the ground. Her mouth opened wide, tongue unfurling like a squishy red carpet. A light bulb turned on in Leo’s brain. ‘Oh, gods! Is she serious?’ He thought.

 

Vela slowly approached the open maw waiting patiently for her. It was nearly as tall as she was, and she knew it could open much wider if it had to. Vela imagined that this must be similar to how Leo felt before she had swallowed him a mere few days ago. It had been his first time. Vela had never been swallowed. She knew that this arrangement between species existed. She was taught it as an emergency contingency when she was a child but had never called upon it personally. But Leo had gotten so excited when she swallowed him, and now she was very curious. She wouldn’t have thought to try it until Leo had gone and gotten them obligated to please their hosts. Now, she was actually glad for his slip up.

 

She looked into the back of the naga’s throat, her warm breath washing over Vela’s face. Vela touched the naga’s tongue, and it twitched under her cold hand. ‘Oh, gosh, she’s colder than spring water, but so delicious,’ Nok-toon thought. ‘How exhilarating!’

 

Vela turned to face Leo. She reached up and grabbed a hold of one of the naga’s fangs and pulled her naked butt up into a seated position on the giant tongue.

 

“See you on the other side, Leo. Don’t keep me waiting TOO long,” Vela said seductively. She winked at him. He was speechless. He watched with unblinking eyes as Vela lied back on the massive tongue as it curled up under her butt and between her legs, pulling her in. The naga raised her head off the ground and held her torso erect, rising up near the ceiling. Nok-toon moaned with satisfaction at having the vampire entirely on her tastebuds. She brought one hand up to her mouth and pushed Vela in deeper by her legs, while her other hand began to play with one of her now-erect nipples. The giant woman was clearly taking great pleasure indeed at having a night walker elect to feed herself to her voluntarily.

 

The naga slurped Vela’s legs up the rest of the way, and Leo watched his girlfriend disappear from view. The naga didn’t swallow immediately. She appeared to be taking great pains to savor Vela. She did promise she would try to be slow. Vela, meanwhile, was fascinated by the experience. It was extremely warm, though not as warm as Leo. But a close second. It was also undeniably sensual and intimate. She began to understand why Leo had gotten so into the experience when she had swallowed him the night they met. She felt lucky that he enjoyed it, because it could be terrifying, but now she understood that if there’s no reason to fear, and for her, there certainly wasn’t, then this could be a very singularly riveting act. Vela rubbed her right hand all over the bumpy, slimy tongue and then all over her own body, covering herself deliberately with saliva, relishing the strangeness of it all. Her little tongue massage elicited another ‘moan’ from her soon-to-be host. Vela giggled. Then, she imagined what this all must look like to Leo, and she smiled with sly anticipation at how much she was looking forward to how flustered he would be by the end of this. It would be perfect.

 

Nok-toon couldn’t hold back any longer. She extended her neck and tilted her chin up, placing her hand on her throat. Then, she swallowed the night walker. Leo watched as Vela made a huge lump in the naga’s throat that slipped down until it almost disappeared at the base of the neck behind the breasts. Then, the naga’s ‘human’ stomach bulged just a little. As far as meals go, to this naga, Vela was not a large one. She still made her first stomach feel very pleasantly full, though. The naga shivered from pleasure, sighed with satisfaction and rubbed her full tummy with both hands. Then, her giant, emerald eyes turned towards Leo. She smiled. Nok-toon wished he was a little bigger. Swallowing the cold one had made her feel very excited and aroused. It was a once in a lifetime blessing, and her skin was tingling all over at the sensuality of it all. She could feel the night walker getting adjusted in her belly and knew that it was a ‘response of appreciation,’ and not the panicked struggles of mere food. That made Nok-toon feel so strong and protective. Such intense and positive feelings in a naga often manifested themselves in a very... specific way. But the companion was just so small...

 

“Your friend feels like she’s very comfortable inside me, Leo,” Nok-toon said. Leo blinked for what seemed like the first time in five minutes and shook his head to clear his foggy brain.

 

“Oh... uhh, that’s good to... I’m glad. Are... you comfortable?” The naga giggled.

 

“I feel wonderful. It’s good to have a full belly, Leo. And to be serving and protecting your friend? It’s a... very potent feeling. An honor.” She continued to rub her belly, but one of her hands was tending to circle a little lower.

 

“You’re not going to push her deeper? I thought your belly was... well... much lower.” Leo said.

 

“Oh, no. There’s no need. I couldn’t digest a night walker, and I don’t intent to try. It’s easy to bring her back up as long as I keep her in my first stomach.” Leo understood now. This was a puzzling anatomy, but it wasn’t beyond comprehension. “But she feels very good... would... you like to join her now, or...” Leo was about to say yes, but he was cut off when the naga continued. “Or would you maybe be willing to spend a little time with me first?” The naga asked biting her lip. “The night is young...”

 

Leo considered this. They probably still had a couple hours till daylight. But he didn’t want to keep Vela waiting. Then he recalled she had put special emphasis on not keeping her waiting ‘too’ long. Giving the naga a little company wouldn’t kill him, right? Though subconsciously he was beginning to understand what that might entail.

 

“S-sure... a little while... though,” Leo hesitated, “though I am eager to join my companion inside you,” he finished. Nok-toon gasped.

 

“Gods! Me too, tiny one! I won’t keep you long...” she lied back and rested her head on one of her coils. “Can you come up? I’m afraid to attempt handling your small body,” she asked, patting her belly. Nok-toon couldn’t wait to feel him climbing her. She couldn’t make love to the man, but she just wanted the pleasure of feeling him walk on her bare skin. The combined stimulation of having his companion in her belly and feeling him touch her knowing she would eat him soon too might be enough to get her going...

 

Leo appreciated her not attempting to grab him. She could easily crush him between her thumb and middle finger. He took his clothes off and stashed them in his bag which he then put inside Vela’s trouser pocket. Then, he swiftly hopped and scrambled up the scaly skin of her snake body, finding it very easy to climb, and then ran to where it became human. He noted with interest that she appeared to have human anatomy in a place he had not expected just below her equivalent of a ‘waist.’ Though he tried to ignore that not-so-little detail. Nok-toon trembled as he passed by her sensitive area and felt slight disappointment that he paid it no mind. He was so little that she knew it would be risky. If she wanted that kind ‘filling,’ she knew she should have requested it of Vela, but she was content with where she had put the night walker.

 

Leo stopped when he arrived at her bellybutton and looked at the minor bulge Vela was producing just above and slightly to the right of where he stood. He wanted to feel it. He looked up at the naga’s face between her enormous breasts. She looked... exasperated? She was breathing heavily, almost panting.

 

“You’re very swift for one so small,” she said breathily.

 

“Thank you. Our kind depends on agility for a lot.”

 

“I’m sure,” she said, and appeared to want to say something more, and then stopped herself, chewing her lower lip.

 

“Can I... feel your belly? I want to feel Vela.” The naga whined.

 

“Oh, yes... please do.” She removed her hands from the bulge, and Leo climbed up on top of it. He lied down on it and pressed his ear tightly against the naga’s soft skin.

 

“Vela? Can you hear me?” He called out. Vela could hear his muffled call with her sharp ears.

 

“Yes, my light! I can even feel you,” he heard her say, and he felt what he assumed was her hand press against him. This made him feel a little funny... it stirred something up inside him.

 

“Oh, this is so interesting. I’ll be with you in a moment, Vela...” he called.

 

“M-m-m, please, I cannot wait!” She replied.

 

“What’s she saying?” Nok-toon asked. “Is... is she enjoying herself?”

 

“I’d say she’s very comfortable, though I think she’s looking forward to having me with her...” Leo responded. The naga’s face flushed a deeper shade of red.

 

“Are... you two... lovers?” She asked.

 

“We are.”

 

“Oh my... two lovers together in my belly... and both by choice...” the naga whispered, though her whispers were still very audible to Leo. “That’s so... so exotic.” One of her hands slid down right past Leo. He had to jump to the side a little to avoid it. He saw where it was going, and he blushed as deeply as the naga was. ‘Good gods, she’s really turned on by this...’ he thought. He looked back up at her face. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth hung open. It was so large. The scale was bewildering. He wondered if she’d even have to swallow to get him down. He climbed up the naga’s torso and made his way between her breasts. She stirred under the minuscule sensation of his footsteps.

 

“Please, up here, just for a moment,” the naga pleaded, pointing to the top of her right breast. Leo complied and scaled the fleshy mound until he got to the nipple. He hesitated a moment, and then decided to sit down right on top of it. It was stiff but forgiving. Leo couldn’t believe how big it was. The naga gasped. “Oh, yes... that’s nice.” Her many coils undulated, the room coming to life with the sound of sliding scales. Leo decided to play into the naga’s enjoyment a little.

 

“Will you like having us both inside you all day?” He asked slyly.

 

“Oh-h-h yes. It always feels wonderful to be full, but... this is different. Better.”

 

“I don’t see how having me in there too will make much difference. I’m not even a bite to you.” Her eyes opened and she looked down at Leo.

 

“Don’t think so little of yourself! It will make... all the difference.”

 

“Come now. I don’t suffer self-doubt, but it’s not like I’ll fill you up noticeably.”

 

“That’s... that’s not it. I... you two are... lovers... so... I thought... maybe...” Leo looked back at her waist, and almost wished he hadn’t. Her hand was very busy down there. He was getting very aroused himself.

 

“What difference does it make if the two inside your stomach are lovers or not?”

 

“Oh, you mischievous man. You know...”

 

“I’m not sure I do...” Nok-toon moaned with frustrated energy.

 

“I... was imagining that you two might make love...” she placed a hand back on her belly, “in there...” she focused her gaze on Leo intently, eagerly awaiting his appraisal of her ‘active imagination.’ Leo grinned. ‘Wow, I might have been a little bashful to do that before, but I sure as hell won’t be now,’ he mused. He subconsciously squirmed in his ‘seat,’ grinding himself against her nipple. She whined enticingly.

 

“Would you enjoy that?”

 

“I... yes.”

 

“Then it would be my pleasure to serve you in this way while you provide shelter for my lover and me. I hope you enjoy it deeply.” The naga cried out. Her hand reached for Leo instinctively, but she caught herself. Leo flinched at almost being grabbed by the massive digits. He breathed a sigh of relief at her remembering to hold back.

 

“I’m... sorry. I almost. I just want...”

 

“Allow me,” Leo said. He slid down off the breast onto the naga’s chest. She eyed him keenly as he approached. “May I come in?” He asked. Her jaw dropped to her chest and her long tongue extended all the way to where he was standing. ‘She probably could have licked me right off her nipple’ he thought. Normally, this would be a terrifying experience. Nagas weren’t vampires. When they swallowed their prey whole, it was for a very simple purpose. But his Vela was waiting for him through this dark, steamy portal. In spite of the evidence demonstrated by the night’s earlier events, Leo willed himself to believe beyond all doubt that where she was, nothing bad could happen.

 

He crawled onto the enormous tongue. It was like a small room inside her mouth. He didn’t come close to filling it. Her tongue slid back inside, and he was surrounded in darkness. The saliva was thick, and he stuck to her tastebuds. It was difficult to move, but he crawled with determination to the back of her throat. The noises were impressive. Being inside Vela’s body was cool and quiet, but the noise from just Nok-toon’s breathing was almost deafening. He got to the back of her tongue and felt it begin to taper off into the sheer drop. He paused there and stared blindly into the abyss. She didn’t swallow. She appeared to be waiting for him. He didn’t want to keep her waiting. And he had kept Vela waiting long enough. He let himself fall forward, face-first into the giant girl’s gullet.

 

There was the briefest moment of free-fall, and then, to his surprise, her throat actually caught him, and the naga gulped. There was a roar of rushing fluids all around him as the gentle esophageal undulation guided him down. The peristalsis gripped him loosely, being designed to force down creatures many times his size, so the throat was barely able to constrict enough to get hold of little Leo. He heard the deep rumble of the naga’s excited heartbeat as he passed it by.

 

A few seconds later, he was deposited out of the valve at the top of the stomach, and he landed directly in the palm of Vela’s waiting hand.

 

“Wow, nice catch,” Leo complimented her. “I can’t see a thing!”

 

“Nice of your to drop in. I would ask what kept you, but I could hear you clearly... you deviant,” she purred. “Pressing the buttons of a titanic naga like that. You’re rather fortunate she was afraid of handling you.”

 

“Hey, you’re the one who didn’t warn me what being ‘hosted’ entails. I... got a little flustered. And why am I fortunate?”

 

“Because I’m not sure we’d be sleeping in the same ‘chambers’ otherwise. She clearly wanted to use you badly. But now you’re here...” she said, and instead of finishing her sentence, she licked Leo slowly and sensually. “Let us celebrate being alive.”

 

“Best suggestion I’ve ever heard... and I promised our host a bit of a show.”

 

“Best we give her one...” Vela whispered, taking Leo into her mouth. She locked her lips around him at the waste and giggled around his body as his little feet kicked in the air playfully. She rolled around in the stomach getting comfortable, and then pulled Leo from her lips with a ‘pop!’ She decided that she’d be keeping a good hold of her little lover in here. The digestive enzymes of a naga’s first stomach weren’t strong, but she didn’t want to risk it, and she certainly didn’t want to have to go chasing after him if his tiny body were to accidentally slip into her second stomach without the naga’s trying. Vela gave Leo a final, quick kiss, and guided him down her slime-covered body until he was between her legs. She had been ready for him since she heard his little voice coming through the naga’s belly from the outside. She chewed on her lower lip with anticipation, waiting for Leo to have a chance to realize what was coming. Then, she gently inserted her lover deep into herself. Her whole body spasmed immediately upon his touch in her most tender area. She kicked and pushed against the naga’s stomach. She cried out Leo’s name loudly. The stomach reacted to her stimulation, compressing and gurgling as its owner rolled back and forth, very much enjoying the sensations coming from within, especially since she knew the cause.

 

Nok-toon had never before experienced such delightfully bizarre sexual stimulation. It was overwhelming. She was pushing herself towards her second peak, the first having happened almost automatically when she felt the little man leap into her throat. She didn’t think she’d ever consumed a creature so relatively small compared to herself, and the feeling was a welcomed surprise when he jumped willingly into her depths. His leap of faith was too much. But that one had been negligible compared to what she knew was coming. ‘They’re loving each other inside me!’ She thought. ‘Oh, that’s so beautifully sexy.’ She continued working on herself with her right hand, her middle and ring finger making rapid circles.

 

Vela, meanwhile, didn’t have to use her hand at all. Leo was very enthusiastically going to work inside his beloved. He squirmed until nothing remained outside of Vela’s opening, and it closed up behind him. Vela allowed herself to respond to Leo’s pleasurable movements with almost exaggerated vivaciousness. Truthfully, she had felt the need to hold back the first time. But now she knew she didn’t have to, as there was no way her simple squirms of delight would feel anything but good to the naga.

 

 

 

Then, Leo started doing something that made Vela begin to convulse. He was biting her deep inside. She didn’t know what gave him the idea, but she loved it immensely.

 

“Oh, yes! Leo! More! Harder!” She cried loudly enough that it reached the ears of Nok-toon. The naga moaned loudly, overwhelmed that the pair was so erotically engaged within her while she was so close to her own completion. She knew that her neighbors would have woken up to the loud display, but she didn’t care. She wanted them to be envious of her rare privilege. She even wished one of the little ones would be so bold as to take the initiative to join her, but she was more than satisfied with her current lot as it was. The night walker in her belly began to thrash around violently, and the naga lost all control, having been edging herself for a few minutes now. She gave in, her coils wrapping tightly around herself as she burst with bliss.

 

Vela, too, had achieved completion, but she wasn’t finished with her partner yet. She fished him out of her and brought him up to her mouth. She licked him between his legs and was pleasantly surprised to find that he had not yet finished this time.

 

“Oh, my delicious flame, I’ve got just the thing for you...” she greedily stuffed him into her hungry mouth and began to lick and suck on him vigorously. He responded with many satisfied moans, though he was far too exhausted to put up a struggle, nor could he endure the pleasurable assault by her tongue for long. In short fashion, he cried out as he spilled over in his ecstasy onto her tastebuds. As soon as she detected the additional flavor of his satisfaction, she tilted her head back and let him slide headfirst into the entrance of her throat. She gave him a moment to understand his situation, and then she swallowed Leo down into her stomach. Vela sighed happily as she felt his warm body slide through her chest and fill her up. She had wanted to do that again so badly, and this was the perfect way to keep track of him deep inside the dangerous serpent of a woman. She knew he would be much safer tucked away inside her own belly while she spent the day within that of the naga. There was also the small matter that all the healing she had done had piqued her hunger a little, and she knew having Leo’s warm body in her belly would go a long way to abate that.

 

Leo’s entire body felt like it was charged with small amounts of static as he slid into Vela’s stomach for the second time. All over, his skin tingled from the sensations of being teased and ultimately fulfilled by her tongue before she gobbled him up and sent him down. As he settled deep in her depths, he marveled at the realization that he was, in fact, inside two stomachs. Never in a million years had he imagined he would spend a day inside two women’s bellies at the same time, nor could he have possibly anticipated how much he would love it.

 

On the outside, Nok-toon had basked in the afterglow of her bliss and drifted off to sleep to the wonderful sensations of the night walker sitting heavily in her belly. Vela, meanwhile, was also not long for this world. She knew she would fall asleep soon.

 

“Leo,” she said softly, knowing he could hear her.

 

“Yes, Vela?”

 

“I hope you don’t mind sleeping in my belly again. It was a matter of both pleasure and practicality.” Leo stretched out and tried to feel filling.

 

“I think I can accept this arrangement on both accounts. I actually quite like your stomach.” Vela smiled.

 

“I think I understand why,” she said, looking around at her own sleeping situation. “It’s really quite cozy when you know there’s nothing to fear.”

 

“Well, I might be biased, but I prefer your stomach to the naga’s,” Leo said.

 

“Oh? So, they differ? In what regards?”

 

“Well, hers is nice. But it’s really noisy. Maybe you find that relaxing, but I’m glad your body is drowning it out for the most part. I prefer quiet to sleep.”

 

“It is a little... active in here,” Vela admitted. “What else?” She liked hearing about why her belly was superior. Any excuse to feel Leo’s warmth in this manner more often.

 

“Well, yours is also cooler. Granted, it warms up a little once I’ve been in here a while. But it never gets uncomfortably hot. The naga’s belly was closer to a sauna. It wasn’t unbearable, but I’d be sweating bullets if I slept out there. Again, your body is insulating.” Vela smiled and patted her belly.

 

“I rather enjoy the heat out here. And I really enjoy feeling your heat from within. I think I’ll sleep more comfortably today than I have in years. This certainly beats a hole in the ground.”

 

“Hey, I’ll always have fond memories of that hole,” Leo protested. “Even if we did almost get dug up by a werewolf.” Vela giggled.

 

“Oh, I can’t wait to find out what Jackie’s reaction is to coming to her senses in a den of snakes!” Vela exclaimed

 

“I want to say, ‘don’t be mean,’ but I agree. I think it would be hilarious to witness.”

 

“Especially when they tell her where we are...”

 

“Oh, yeah. I wonder if they’ll be able to explain that in a way that convinces her they aren’t trying to kill us all.”

 

“She’ll have no choice but to believe them.  They’ll manage her somehow. Just remember, Leo, you declared a debt, and that extends to your whole ‘tribe,’ so if they’re harassing her before we get out of here, that’s on you,” Vela said teasingly.

 

“Okay, alright, I don’t need more feelings of foolishness to get to sleep.”

 

“Heh, you did no harm, little firefly. I was trying to avoid this, but now that it’s done, I’m determined to enjoy it. Anything with you...” she concluded.

 

“So far, so good,” Leo added. “Does this go toward paying off my silly debt?” Vela cradled her belly with her hand.

 

“It probably does. You’re catching on,” she said. Leo wondered what other strange acts he would be asked to partake in before this was through. He was looking forward to it. “Okay, get settled in, Leo. Sleep is coming for me and I am compelled to let it in.” Leo got into a cozy position. She might not move a muscle when she slept, but Leo wondered if he’d be woken by the naga’s motions.

 

“Good night, Vela. I’m so happy we made it through the night.”

 

“A feat worth celebrating. Good night, my love.”

 

“Yes, sleep well... my love,” Leo was falling asleep more quickly than he had anticipated. They both drifted off to sleep peacefully in the cacophony of gurgles and growls of Nok-toon’s belly.

End Notes:

Thanks for reading! I cannot believe the amount of positive energy you all have showered me with while writing this story. It's been keeping me going! 

 

Hope you all enjoyed this little break from the plot. I sure enjoyed writing it. And it's not over yet!

 

Leo and Vela's adventure continues now in chapter Ten! -->

Chapter 10: Detour by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

A very interesting development takes place for Leo as he slumbers deep inside of his lover: things that may compell him to explore deeper. 

Smutty chapter, little plot, Full-Tour. 

Chapter Ten: Detour


 


Vela slept soundly and dreamt of the sun. She hadn’t dreamt the day before, but something about having Leo in her belly as she slumbered just warmed up her spirit in addition to merely her body. She enjoyed the lullaby of gurgles that the naga’s belly made. It reminded her of exactly where she was, and how welcome she was to be there. Vela liked feeling welcome. She had fallen asleep with the tingling delight she felt when she was invited into a human’s home, but it was multiplied many times over. She felt an even greater connection with the tiny borrower nestled up in her own belly now that she, too, could relate to the experience. She slept with a smile frozen on her serene face.


Leo had been sleeping rather soundly as well, extremely worn out by the many adventurous events of the evening. But he was woken suddenly by a strange noise. His eyes opened slowly, and he looked around, even though there was nothing to see. He was about to return to sleep when he heard it again. He didn’t just hear it, he felt it. It was a... squelching noise of some sort. He assumed the noises of the naga’s belly could permeate Vela’s skin and reach him in here if they were loud enough, but that sounded like it was coming from Vela. He heard it again, and her belly shifted a little.


“That’s... odd,” Leo thought. It wasn’t odd for a stomach to be a little active, but Vela’s had shown no signs of such behavior the first time he’d been in it. He had only ever heard it growl when she’d been starving the night they met. But this wasn’t a growl. It was something deeper.


Suddenly, the walls around him began to shift and compress around him softly. It wasn’t digesting him, was it? No, there was none of the gooey acid one would expect to find in that event. He was still perfectly comfortable. Her stomach was just... acting up. Maybe it thought it was digesting Leo, but all it accomplished was pushing him around a little. It was an odd development. He would ask Vela about it that night. He rolled over and got back to sleep.


As he slumbered, Vela’s stomach continued to constrict Leo softly and move him around. Eventually, the organ had successfully moved Leo down to the bottom corner of the sack, and he was gently gripped by pyloric sphincter and then slowly squeezed into the duodenum. Her body might not have been actually digesting the little borrower, but it seemed to be going through the motions anyway. The muscles and organs that had been asleep for centuries had reawakened. Leo was well on his way in what would only be the start of a long and slow process, and he was passed the point of no return.


After some time, Leo began to stir. He was subconsciously aware that he was in a much tighter situation than he had been when he had fallen asleep. His eyes opened, and he found it very difficult to move. He was in a very tight tube covered with little soft hairlike protrusions. He could feel them between his fingers as he tried to feel around, but his arms were more or less pinned to his sides. Leo considered himself lucky that borrowers weren’t claustrophobic. He listened to his surroundings, and he heard a few faint squelches and gurgles. They were definitely coming from inside Vela and not from the naga beyond. Realization came to Leo gradually as he became more alert and awake; he was inside her gut.


By now, he could be halfway through her small intestine. He had no idea how long he had been sliding through.


“Well this was unexpected,” he mumbled. “Somehow I don’t think Vela knew this was a possibility.” He tried to wriggle his way forward, but then he realized he wasn’t sure which direction he needed to go. He stopped moving and sat completely still long enough to determine which direction he was being pushed naturally. After a minute, he was pretty sure that he was sliding head-first.


“Thank the gods, at least I can speed this up,” he said. He wasn’t sure if he’d be able to crawl backwards in the tight space. He slowly began making his way forward. He was fortunate that Vela was lying down, so he never had to crawl vertically. “I can’t believe I’m crawling through my girlfriend,” Leo said to himself. It was slow goings, and he stopped to take a break. He considered the distance that he would have to crawl and realized it wouldn’t actually take him all that long, but he wasn’t sure what he was going to do once he reached his goal. Thinking back, he had been unable to force even one of Vela’s eyes open while she slept. Somehow, he doubted he’d be able to force his way out of her, especially since she was probably sleeping on her back. No matter. He would cross that bridge when he came to it. For now, he just wanted to get somewhere with a little more room to move. He got back to his slow progress. They called this the small intestine for a reason.


He took a few breaks, but otherwise continued at a consistent snail’s pace. The strange texture of her gut was difficult to get traction against, but he was small and swift. Eventually, the texture of the walls of the tube that surrounded him became more complex in their many folds, and the villi seemed somewhat more pronounced. He thought he was probably in the ileum, so there wasn’t much longer until he could get somewhere a little more spacious.


He was correct in his assessment, and in another minute, he pushed through an opening and found himself in a much larger tube with a very different texture. It had occurred to him that it might be gross in the colon, but he was thankful that his hope held out. Vela didn’t eat. She didn’t produce waste. Nothing, presumably, besides Leo had been through here in who knows how long. He stretched his arms and legs out, thankful to be out of the cramped position the small intestine had forced him into. It was still snug in here, especially since the walls seemed to sense his presence and softly contracted around him in intermittent, slightly peristaltic waves, trying to urge him onwards towards Vela’s... exit.


Leo considered what that would be like, coming out of his girlfriend’s butt. He thought she had a perfect rear. He’d spent considerable time staring at it when the opportunities presented themselves. He had actually fantasized about spending more time ‘getting more familiar,’ with it, but this was a little direct. He realized that if he kept crawling much longer, he’d be inside his lover’s ass. By a certain standard, he already was. When she had joked about the ‘only way out,’ a couple of days ago, he hadn’t really given the details much thought, but he was thinking about it now. He was getting pretty excited about it.


“This is... pretty kinky...” Leo said to himself quietly. He wasn’t worried about what Vela would think. It was her fault for somewhat digesting him anyway. And now he was in her colon. He pressed onward.


A few sharp turns and a much easier crawl later, things opened up a little before they closed up tightly. He pressed softly against the wall of muscle, then he threw his whole body into it.


“Well, I tried,” he said. He made himself comfortable, and then really put some thought into his situation. He was stuck deep inside Vela’s rectum while she slept in the ‘safer’ first stomach of a serpentine women the size of a house. He had just successfully navigated her digestive system. He was proud of himself, and still, very unusually excited by the concept.


Meanwhile, the walls around him seemed to have “woken” to his presence as well, and they responded by flexing and constricting around Leo.


“Oh, boy...” Leo said. “Why can’t everything in here just stay still? Why’s it gotta get all active on my account?” And it was getting very active. Vela’s anal cavity seemed intimately aware of Leo’s presence, and it wanted him out. But Vela the vampire would have to make the final decision in that, so for the moment, her voluntary and involuntary processes were in conflict, and Leo was being squeezed rather snugly by the soft, squishy flesh around him. It wasn’t unpleasant; quite the contrary. It felt amazing. It was like being inside her while they made love, and yet it was gentler. Leo was enjoying the feelings of her strong anal muscles working on his little body very much, and he didn’t hold back in the slightest from expressing that enjoyment. He didn’t even need to touch himself. The walls were getting so snug and tight that he could just move his hips in time with her body and it felt amazing.


Vela, meanwhile, was dreaming very sweetly for the second time since having met Leo. Her dream began much like the first. She was basking in the light of the sun as she lied atop the stone slab of her childhood tomb. But she was an adult woman, not a child, and as she stared at the glowing window framing the sun that shone through the branches of the grand old apple tree, the shape of a golden man began to materialize in the window. He took corporeal form, and the sunlight grew brighter as he drifted down, descending upon her. His body rotated until it was parallel with her own, and he settled down on top of her. They shared a soft, simple kiss, and she felt his warmth fill her up deliciously. Vela wrapped her arms around the man that was the sun and pulled him tightly into her body.


“My light, my love,” she whispered. “How I cherish you!” She squeezed him lovingly in her embrace. As they lied there entwined in one another’s arms, she felt her lover’s radiant warmth growing more intense in her lower abdomen. She smiled. Somehow, this was natural to feel his heat both all around her and concentrated inside her... she wanted him badly. He was hers. She longed to make the two points of heat connect. She relaxed her grip in her arms and allowed him to push up. They gazed into each other’s eyes. There was a wordless understanding. Her eyes beckoned and he complied. She felt his glowing excitement hardening down below, and she raised her hips invitingly. He slid forward, entering her, and filling her up beautifully. She moaned. He felt perfect. But as he continued deeper, she felt a strange pressure increasing in her abdomen, and it seemed that her body was confused about where it was being touched. Somehow, she felt him penetrating her in both holes, and she gasped at the strangeness of the complete pleasure.


Meanwhile, in the stomach of the naga, the sleeping Vela began to do something she had never once done. She started to move in her sleep. She began rocking her hips in time with Leo’s internal motions, and in time with her imagined lovemaking in her dream. The real Vela let slip a quiet, squeaking sigh as the dream Vela cried out in ecstasy. Her dream lover, the sun, was ravishing her in impossibly wonderful ways, filling every inch of her in two simultaneous ways while the sleeping Vela unconsciously began to play with herself using the fingers of her right hand.


The dream sex reached a peak, and Vela called out the name of the sun in her dream, “Leo!”


Vela awoke. She was panting like mad. Her senses were confused, and nothing seemed to register or make sense. She was immediately aware that she had been dreaming, and that she had been touching herself in her sleep. Then, the strangeness of her actual bodily sensations began to click into place one at a time. She was inside a belly of a naga. Leo was supposed to be inside of hers. But that’s not where she felt him. There was no denying where she now knew him to be, but the seeming impossibility of it made it difficult for her to quickly grasp the irrevocable reality of the matter. What’s more, he was squirming wonderfully, and had apparently been bringing her great pleasure in spite of her usual tendency to be more or less ‘dead to the world’ while sleeping.


She wanted to make sense of all of these unusual circumstances. How had he moved? How had she moved? Her fingers were inside of herself. When had she done that? Why did her insides feel so unusual? But she felt so amazing! She couldn’t bring herself to search for the answers to these many questions. She gave into sensual abandonment and plunged her fingers deeper, focusing on the pressure she felt from her wriggling lover in her backside. She squeezed him with her muscles and could actually feel his body with her fingers through the thin wall of flesh that separated her playing from his.


Leo had become aware that Vela was responding very enthusiastically to his activities, and that made the situation many times more erotic. He was instantly aware of when her fingers ‘joined him’ in the delight, though they hadn’t actually gone right to him. He could feel them, though, massaging him through the slimy wall. The walls around him smushed him oppressively, but it was all perfect. She bit her lip hard, trying to stifle a scream, but it escaped anyway as she began to climax. While doing so, her body began to spasm, and she lost the ability to resist applying abdominal pressure to her lover from the inside, and he was pushed out.


The inside of her anal cavity hadn’t been too tight, but the exit was an entirely different matter. It was the tightest squeeze Leo had felt from her beautiful body yet. As he slid through it, the pressure became immense, and as it passed over him, he couldn’t help but finally finish in a burst of glorious passion. Vela reacted quickly, removing her fingers from herself and placing her hand below so as to catch Leo as he exited her body. She didn’t want to let him fall freely into the belly of the naga. She got a good grip on him, and collected the borrower, bringing him up to her exasperated face.


Leo hadn’t seen a single ray of light in many waking hours. So, the glowing pink circles of Vela’s wide-eyed gaze were a very welcomed sight to behold. She simply stared at him a moment, made speechless by the surprising and intense nature of her awakening. If Leo could see anything besides her eyes’ iridescence in the darkness, he would have noticed something else unheard of about her face; her cheeks were flushing with a deep blush that would have been quite distinct from usually bone-pale complexion.


“I have so many questions!” She exclaimed and peppered him with kisses. He basked in the attention, coming down from the passionate afterglow.


“That... makes two... of us,” he managed to get out between catching his breath and the shower of affection. “Do you... want to get out of here... first?” He asked. Vela stopped kissing him and he watched her eyes scan around them.


“I’m sure she knows we are awake. But she’ll be too polite to address us until we request her attention,” Vela said. “We should let her have her body back to herself soon. But there’s no real rush. Once we are out, they’ll want to host us for activities. Let’s talk a moment. That... was wild!” She finished.


“It was. Your body really took me for quite the ride last night!” Leo said.


“My body feels... strange!”


“It was acting strangely. At least, different from last time. I only have the two experiences to compare.”


“It is different. Something has changed...” Vela said, looking down at herself. “But it feels invigorating! What happened?” Leo explained how he’d initially been woken up by her body making strange noises, had gone back to sleep, and had finally awoken halfway through her intestinal tract. Vela listened with transfixed fascination.


“That’s unheard of!” She said. “Those systems have been completely dormant for centuries. What on earth could have caused them to reawaken?” Then, she considered it. He had reignited her in more than one way since their having met. Was he somehow responsible all on his own? She didn’t have the answer. Who might she ask?


“I thought maybe you knew it was a possibility when you suggested we... well, try it sometime,” Leo offered.


“I was kidding. Well, I was mostly kidding. I mean... I have to admit, the idea was intriguing. But I wouldn’t have actually expected you to want to. I thought you’d have to do it all on your own. For my body to... do that automatically? I didn’t think it was possible.” She thought about it. Her body had ‘come to life’ and pulled her Leo deep into her bowels. It was strangely satisfying to acknowledge. She loved that he had been all the way through her like that in a way that no one ever had, and she didn’t even think possible. “I wish I’d been awake for it all,” she said, placing her left wrist against her abdomen. “I’m sure you would have felt just... heavenly. Did you like it?” Leo blushed.


“I mean, I was a little surprised at first, but it was pretty pleasant all the way throughout. There’s really nothing off-putting about a single inch of you, outside or within. I... well, you know. I got really into the idea near the end. It felt so...” he trailed off.


“Naughty,” Vela finished for him. “Wonderfully and strangely so. I don’t know what it is about it. But it feels strangely forbidden, and yet, we’ve done it. You’ve gone in one end...” she made a show of gulping audibly so Leo would hear, “traveled through every inch of me, and made quite a pleasurably grand exit.” Leo felt an odd rush at hearing her describe it like that. Then, the gut they were in shifted a little, and Vela had to extend her left arm to steady herself as the giant naga seemed to make a small adjustment. Leo had almost forgotten that they were still inside another being’s belly. He had been so accustomed to the environment after having spent the day in a much smaller, similar one.


“We can... talk more about this another time. I think our ‘host’ is getting restless trying to be courteous to us for so long.” Vela nodded.


“Indeed. She’s been very still. We ought to relieve her of her duties.” She grinned and looked at Leo. “I don’t suppose you’d be willing to waste the night trying to make our way out the long way?” She teased.


“Something tells me it won’t be as pleasant a journey as mine was. Though you should definitely try it sometime if you’re curious.” He said with a laugh. She laughed too. “Besides, I’m the only one involved in this little food chain who hasn’t eaten anything in about a day. I’m starved!”


“Well then we’d better get you fed. Not sure the naga will have anything for you, but you’ve still got some provisions left in that satchel of yours,” she said. “Nok-toon, my beautiful and generous friend! Can you hear me?” Vela shouted. The stomach shifted, tilting forward quickly, and came to a stop.


“What’s that, night walker?” The feminine voice of their host boomed deeply.


“We think it’s time you let us out. We don’t want to keep you all night!” Vela called. There was a pause.


“But... that would be unwise,” the naga answered. Vela made a confused face. Leo saw her eyes dart towards him and back up above suspiciously.


“In what way?”


“Well, it’s just that... there is still some sunlight visible. I was of the understanding that exposing you to its rays, even faint though they are, would be detrimental. I’m happy to oblige you, but it seems irresponsible,” Nok-toon concluded. Vela sat there in complete disbelief.


“Huh,” Leo said. “Guess we woke up early.”


“I... I don’t understand,” Vela said quietly.


“Is something wrong?” Leo was concerned by Vela’s tone. She was silent. Then, she called out to Nok-toon.


“Thank you, gracious host! Your counsel is most appreciated! You are quite correct! Please keep us appraised on when the sun sets, but do not worry! We are extremely comfortable. Your accommodations are unmatched!” She said. The belly around seemed to vibrate appreciatively. There was apparently no greater compliment to a naga. ‘What an interesting species,’ Leo thought. Then again. He supposed he was an interesting breed of borrower if he liked these sorts of accommodations.


“Vela... you seemed pretty shocked. Have you never woken up early?”


“Not since...” she trailed off. ‘Not since I came of age and became of the night,’ she thought. She had been loving the way her body felt since she had awoken. The strange and vibrant sensations of warmth and activity throughout everywhere Leo had been. Everything he touched. She felt a hundred years younger. But then, she had woken up before the sun had gone to bed? Was she in danger? What if she had not been inside the naga’s stomach and warned not to emerge? Would she have carelessly risen and exposed herself to the sun’s rays? As fascinating and truly lovely as this newfound bodily experience was, she needed answers. Answers Leo couldn’t provide. Answers she couldn’t search her deep memory for. Answers the nagas and Jackie wouldn’t know.


“Leo, I’m okay.” He sighed with relief.


“You were worrying me. What’s going on in that head of yours?”


“I was calculating.”


“Calculating what?”


“Odds. The odds that one of my elders might still be where I had last seen her.” Leo didn’t know what to make of that.


“You need to see one of your... elders?”


“I... it seems necessary; prudent. I feel more wonderful than I can ever remember. But waking up before the sunset is almost unprecedented. That’s an interesting issue. It concerns me. I need to know if I’m in trouble. I need to ask someone with more data if there’s a precedence for this in my people.” Leo thought about this. If her body was doing something she didn’t understand at her age, that could be real trouble.


“I think I understand your concern. Anything about yourself that you cannot explain must be very bewildering.”


“It’s both wonderful and terrifying, yes. I’m excited by it, but I need to understand it. Ever since I met you, Leo, I’ve felt brilliantly strange. Maybe you’re the answer, but I don’t understand the mechanism, and I must.”


“That makes sense. How far off is this elder? Does she live in the region?”


“If she hasn’t moved, I could reach her in two-nights’ time.” Leo couldn’t help but notice she had not said, ‘we.’


“Can’t I go with you?” She kissed him.


“I think not. It’s difficult to explain. Would... it be okay if I asked you to stay here? I know that’s a lot.” Leo considered this. Stay with the naga for perhaps four or more days while Vela made a solo trek to get much needed answers from an elder who might not even be there?


“You wouldn’t ask me to if it weren’t important,” he said, feeling the slightest sting of sadness at the idea. “Just... come back to me soon?” Tears welled up in Vela’s eyes. She kissed Leo compassionately for a long time.


“Thank you for understanding. I won’t be long. And I know you’ll be safe. There are no evils unkind to borrowers who would dare trespass in a den that belongs to a naga tribe of this size, and the nagas are a predictable, reliable species. They’ll take care of you for a few days. And you’ll have Jackie,” Vela said.


“And I’ll take care of her,” Leo joked. “I hope she hasn’t died of fright today while we’ve been cooped up in here.” Vela giggled. He was trying to lighten the mood. He was very sad that his Vela was leaving him. He thought about the last few days. She would be away longer than he had known her. He should be able to tolerate that. So why did it feel like he would be losing something precious? It almost seemed ridiculous. “Vela, I know our time together has been short and filled with unbelievable highs and lows, but it’s been the happiest of my life. I’ll wait here for you so you can find out what ails you, but I’ll be counting the seconds,” he said, referencing her from when he had packed for the journey. “Just don’t delay. I can’t count that high.” She melted in a mixture of adoration and sadness at the idea of leaving him for even a day. She swept him up in kisses, and they spoke sweetly to each other until Nok-toon finally announced that it was safe to come out.

End Notes:

Hope you all are still enjoying this story! I hope I've been striking a good balance between the plot and the nice and smutty stuff! As always, feel free to let me know your feelings in the reviews! 

 

Leo and Vela will continue their edventures in chapter Eleven! --> 

Chapter 11: Departure by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

Vela settles some "debts" with the Nagas in a way she knows they'll appreciate, and she departs for her private expedition. 

 

Plot Chapter, very minor erotic content. 

Chapter Eleven: Departure


 


Nok-toon slithered through the cavern that was the nagas’ village and came to a broad, shallow reflecting pool the nagas used for soaking and bathing. She slid into the water; the calm only minutely disturbed by how gracefully she could maneuver her massive body. Small ripples disturbed the placid surface and sent shimmers from the surrounding torches dancing across the pool. Once settled, she brought her right hand up to her mouth and placed her left upon her belly. With her left, she applied a firm push, and flexed her abdominal muscles smartly, causing the contents of her belly to enter her esophagus and come up. Vela gently slid out of the naga’s mouth and off her tongue directly into her waiting right hand. She had Leo cradled against her abdomen in her own right hand.


Nok-toon gazed down at the slime-covered couple and covered her mouth with her left hand as she blushed.


“Welcome back,” Nok-toon said. Vela and Leo looked around.


“It’s good to be back, though I must say, the ‘room’ you made for us was most cozy,” Leo shouted up at the naga. Nok-toon’s blush deepened.


“Well, you’re certainly free to... visit any time you please, bold and sweet little man,” she cooed. Vela smiled and shook her head. She was pleased to see that Leo was learning how to rub the nagas the right way since she planned to temporarily leave him in their care. She just hoped his flattery didn’t get him into any trouble that was ‘too deep.’ “I thought it best to let you out in the soaking pool so you two could... wash me off of you,” the naga said, her cheeks never losing their deep crimson hue.


“Very considerate of you,” Vela said. “I could go for a soak.”


“Yeah, I guess you don’t realize how... sticky you get when you spend the whole day... well,” Leo said, gesturing at his slimy skin. “Until you get out, that is.” The naga was resting with her back on the stony wall, her torso sloping downward into the water. The waterline came up just below her human waist, her serpent half entirely in the pool. Vela carried Leo down Nok-toon’s belly and waded into the water until she was standing on the naga’s tail and the water was up to her own knees. She sat down on the scales and let Leo rest on her tummy. They both began to use the cool water to scrub themselves clean.


After they were satisfied with their cleanliness and had soaked for a while, they heard a familiar voice calling to them.


“Hello, honored guests!” Ek-teen called to them as she slithered over from a cluster of homes. Jackie strode alongside her, walking upright like a proper human for the first time Leo had seen. Her leg showed no hint of the wound save for a faint scar. She was wearing an interesting outfit that appeared to be designed for a naga, so they had to compensate a little to make it work. Nagas seemed to come in all sizes, but they didn’t have a need for pants for obvious reasons. Jackie appeared to be wearing a modified ceremonial garb designed only to drape around the waist and cover the front, but they had sewn two of them together so she could cover her rear as well. For a top, she wore what looked like a simple, decorative and loose wrapping that he had seen the warriors wearing when they took down the hunters the night before. The outfit was very minimal and barely covered Jackie’s muscular physique. Leo figured the nagas only wore clothing outside the den, and then, only for practical purposes. It was kind of them to provide something for Jackie. He wondered where his own clothes had gotten off to, suddenly a little shy about his nudity, though he wouldn’t make a show of it.


“Jackie!” Leo called out happily. “Good to see you back on your feet! Well, as a human, I mean.” Jackie and Ek-teen arrived at the edge of the water next to Nok-toon.


“Yeah, good to be back on two legs,” she said a little bashfully, rubbing her left elbow with her right hand and looking to the side. It was one thing to Jackie constantly averting her gaze from all of the nude nagas around, but Vela and Leo, too? She was starting to feel strange for being the only one wearing clothes.


“We washed your things,” Ek-teen said, extending her arms to show a tidy stack of folded clothes. Leo’s clothes were folded on top, and his satchel sat atop the linens.


“You’re too kind,” Vela said. “Please, just set them down by the edge. We’ll get them in a minute.” Vela took Leo in her right hand and slid off the naga into the water. She waded towards the edge and set Leo down on dry land. Then, Vela pulled herself up and out, the water running over her naked body, making her glisten with gold in the torchlight. Ek-teen and Jackie both eyed her with admiration. ‘Gosh, she’s beautiful,’ Jackie thought. Then, Jackie noticed the stump of Vela’s left wrist where her hand should have been. The naga, Ek-teen, had informed her that her companion had been injured in the events that transpired the night before, but the warning couldn’t have prepared her for how guilty she would feel once she saw the damage with her own eyes. She was so lucky they had all fought for her. She would find a way to make it up to them.


Ek-teen offered Vela a large section of fine cloth she’d had draped over her shoulder for a towel, and Vela dried herself off. Vela let the towel hang low, and Leo grabbed a corner of it with which to do the same. The two of them got dressed, and Leo slung his satchel across his back.


“We’ve prepared a meal for the three of you, if you’d be so kind as to join me?” Ek-teen said. Vela raised an eyebrow.


“Really? Even for me?” Vela asked. Ek-teen blushed.


“Well, for Jacqueline and Leo, but, you’re free to choose as you please... out of anyone you like,” Ek-teen said. Vela smiled.


“That’s incredibly generous of you. As it happens, I could use a little... extra nourishment. I’ll explain myself over ‘dinner.’ But I deeply apologize in advance that it will have to be brief,” Vela explained. Ek-teen nodded vigorously and beckoned them to follow her. Nok-toon remained in the pool. “Thank you again for everything, Nok-toon. You’ve been an exquisite host,” Vela said.


“Yes, you were amazing,” Leo agreed.


“You two are always welcome to call upon me. It was really my pleasure. It was the greatest privilege,” Nok-toon said, looking a little flustered. “I’ll certainly never forget it.” Vela smiled, bowed, and turned to follow Ek-teen. She lowered her right hand, and Leo hopped up and into it before being placed on Vela’s left shoulder.


They followed Ek-teen into her home. It was a little smaller than Nok-toon’s, as was she the smaller naga, though she was still enormous my human standards. She didn’t have anything that counted as seats, so she had repurposed some wooden boxes for the legged women to sit upon at her table. She had some smaller nagas bring out a plate of greens and vegetables for Jackie who smiled when she saw them. One of the smaller nagas set the plate in front of Jackie, and then the two nagas moved off to the side to await any other requests.


“Oh, thank goodness! These look delicious!” Jackie exclaimed. She had been a little worried that the nagas might expect her to swallow a rat or something.


“We apologize that we don’t have any protein on hand for you, Jacqueline. We were afraid you wouldn’t be able to handle any of our... preferred dishes. But we all supplement our diets with greens as well and thought that would be suitable until we can hunt something down that can be properly prepared. If you wouldn’t mind apportioning some of your meal for Leo?” Jackie nodded appreciatively. Leo hopped onto the table and sat beside Jackie’s plate. She pushed some greens toward him in a small pile so he could pick and choose what he liked. He was thankful for the freshness of the meal. As Jackie and Leo ate their fill, Ek-teen addressed Vela.


“As for you, most lovely night walker, if you require sustenance, I insist that you not be shy. Any of us would be willing to give you the blood you need. We know it’s no perfect substitute for human...” she said, glancing at Jackie. Jackie paused while eating, and looked up from her meal, attentive to the conversation. “But, we nagas are keen on being adequate hosts, and I think you’ll find our blood potent, if not quite human.” Jackie finished chewing her mouthful of food and swallowed.


“You can have some of mine, Vela. That is, if you want...” she said. “I’m... sorry about your hand.” Vela smiled softly at Jackie. She really would prefer some of the human girl’s blood, but she knew that she was more or less ‘good-to-go’ in terms of needing it. She just didn’t want to run for days on an empty stomach. She also understood that, in the oddly reversed way that the naga’s brain worked, she would take it as an extreme compliment if Vela took her up on the offer and would perhaps feel slight offense at being turned down. Nagas enjoyed being useful. Vela reached across the table and placed her right hand on Jackie’s left. Jackie flinched slightly, not out of fear, but out of her feelings of guilt.


“Please, Jackie, don’t mention the hand. There’s no bad blood between us,” Vela said. “Though, I don’t suppose your ‘little ones’ managed to find it, did they?”


She turned to Ek-teen.


“No, I’m very sorry. They searched until the sun was high in the air. There was nary a sign of your missing hand, night walker. I’m... very sorry.” The naga bowed remorsefully. Vela sighed.


“It’s quite alright. I’ll just have to make do without one for now. Maybe I’ll get lucky and find a replacement. In the meantime, I would very much like to take you up on your offer of blood...” Vela said as she slowly stood up from the table. She walked around the room, passing by the two smaller nagas. She looked them in the eyes one by one as she passed them by. Leo saw a flicker of something strange flash in their eyes. He thought it was a mixture of fear and excitement. Vela arrived in front of Ek-teen; the petite vampire being dwarfed by the naga at under half her height.


“Who are the two little ones who searched for my hand?” Vela asked. Ek-teen seemed to shiver strangely at Vela’s voice. Leo recognize her tone. It was the voice she used to entice her prey into a state of fearlessness and compliance. He had never actually seen her use it to this effect before, and he was fascinated. Ek-teen pointed slowly at the two smaller nagas by the wall.


“Those are they,” she said in a sluggish voice.


“Then I will thank them for their efforts personally,” Vela said, turning on her heel, and strutting confidently back towards the nearest of the ‘smaller’ nagas. Ek-teen referred to them as ‘little ones,’ but they were both slightly larger than a human, at least with regard to their torsos. But their snake tails made them much heavier overall. However, Vela, having arrived in front of the closest naga, placed a hand around the creatures waist and lifted her slightly. She lifted the heavy serpentine woman effortlessly and pulled her up onto the table, dragging her across the long surface until her torso and a sizable portion of her tail was on top of the table.


“Thank you for your efforts... what is your name?” Vela asked the young naga calmly.


“I am Flo-ren,” the little naga replied in a squeaky voice. Vela smiled at her, holding the naga’s gaze with her own. Vela ran her fingers through Flo-ren’s dark hair.


“Beautiful name for a beautiful naga. Vela leaned in close to Flo-ren’s ear and whispered something inaudible. The naga shivered with delight. Then, Flo-ren took Vela’s head gently between her hands, pulled her face up to her own, and kissed her on the lips. Leo was a little surprised, but what he was feeling was very far from jealousy. He was getting strangely excited watching his lover work on the young naga. It was like witnessing a work of art. The naga broke the kiss, and softly pushed Vela’s head down, guiding her south. Vela’s tongue slithered out and dragged along the naga’s skin on her way down. Leo seriously wondered if he was about to witness Vela feed, or if things were about to get really intense.


His question was answered when the naga slightly tapped Vela on the head right as her lips arrived at Flo-ren’s left hip, just above her waist. Vela made a sound like a sultry laugh, and then kissed the naga where she had stopped before softly sinking her teeth into her tender skin.


“Oh-h-h-h, yes. What a bite!” Flo-ren cried out. Leo could tell that she was genuinely enjoying the pain caused by being bitten in such a sensitive place. He glanced around the room at the other faces, and all were enthralled. Ek-teen was chewing on her lip at the display. The other, smaller naga hovered close by, apparently eagerly awaiting her turn. He turned to look up at Jackie, who was seated right behind him. Jackie, too, looked intensely focused on the ordeal. Leo noticed movement and glanced down to see that her right hand was rubbing the place Vela had bitten her the night before. But, as Jackie stared at the ritual, her hand began to slowly inch up her thigh. Leo looked away. So, he wasn’t alone. Something about watching Vela feed was having an undeniably erotic effect on all present. It hasn’t been that way when he’d watched her feed on Green. Maybe this was the norm?


Vela finished with Flo-ren and licked the wound clean. She made to look Flo-ren in the eye, but she had them closed. She was squirming awkwardly on the table. Vela smiled.


“M-m-m, Ek-teen was right. Your blood is quite potent. But I can’t get my fill from you, little one.” Vela’s head turned to face the other small naga. “Lie down,” she said. The naga fell like a tree behind Leo and Jackie, making them jump. Vela walked around the table and got down, crawling on top of the naga. She whispered something else inaudible in the naga’s ear.


“Flo-tess!” The naga answered to the unheard question. Another whisper. The naga nodded quickly and pointed to the skin right below her left breast. Vela slowly followed her direction, and bit into the soft skin. Flo-tess cried out like the first naga had; a mixture of pleasure and sharp pain. She covered her eyes with her hands and bared her teeth, hissing loudly. She then placed one hand on the back of Vela’s head and seemed to pull her more tightly against herself. Flo-tess bit down on her other hand by the knuckles.


When Vela has finished and licked the wound clean, she kissed Flo-tess on the forehead. The naga didn’t appear aware of her presence anymore. She, too, was shaking strangely.


“Most delicious,” Vela complimented. “You’re as strong as your sister.” Leo suddenly understood the similarity of their names and appearances. Both nagas had nearly black hair and dark blue eyes, and their names began with ‘Flo.’ They were siblings.


Leo surveyed the room once more. Jackie appeared to have snapped out of her trance at being startled by the second naga falling to the floor behind her. Now, she looked at the first girl, Flo-ren, with interest. Flo-ren had a silly grin on her face, and her hands were moving actively as she rubbed her own skin all over. Leo guessed that the venom was making her have some kind of very pleasant reaction. Ek-teen looked downright fit to burst. Something was building up within her at witnessing the display.


Vela stood up and approached the much larger naga. “Your little one’s are wonderful girls. You should be very proud,” Vela said. Ek-teen smiled shakily, nodding her head.


“Are... are you quite full, night walker?” Truthfully, Vela found their blood delicious. But it lacked the same spiritual constitution as human blood. It didn’t fill her up the same way. She realized that, if she wanted to, she could probably take a few sips from the whole village. But not tonight. She was on a schedule. She raised her right hand up as if to say, “no more.”


“Next time, Elgara-ek-teen,” she said, and Ek-teen’s demeanor transformed. She appeared to come back to her senses. “Sometime soon. But for the moment, I have to inform you of an errand I must run, and it comes with a small request.” Leo knew what this was, but Jackie had no idea. Vela looked at the two happily squirming nagas on the table and floor.


“Perhaps we should give these two a break. Jackie? Leo? If you’d be so kind as to follow me outside with Ek-teen?” Leo nodded.


“Jackie, would you mind?” Leo asked.


“Hm? What? Oh! No, of course,” she said a little flustered. “How do I... and where?”


“You can just pick me up. And your shoulder would work,” Leo answered. Jackie carefully picked Leo up and set him on her left shoulder and went to follow Vela and Ek-teen outside. “Just a heads up,” Leo whispered. “I hope you aren’t too creeped out by our hosts, because we’ll be with them a few more days,” he warned. She gulped and nodded.


“They’re... okay,” she whispered. “I just hope they aren’t still mad about how much I screamed when I woke up.” Leo chuckled. “You two have a lot to catch me up on!”


“I’ll tell you everything. But first, let’s just hear Vela out. She’s got to do something on her own,” Leo said. Jackie got a little stiff.


“Like... something that involves leaving us here? Alone?”


“I’ll watch your back,” Leo said. Jackie actually softened a bit at hearing this. She believed he would. He had so far. But she thought her life was also getting all the stranger for having met him. But it was better than being dead. Better by a long shot.


Jackie followed Vela and Ek-teen out of the home and around a bend until they arrived at a somewhat private square. Leo assumed it would be more bustling around here during the day, but at this hour, even the naga slept. Apparently, they weren’t the nocturnal type. Vela and Ek-teen had been talking as they walked, and as Jackie and Leo caught up to them, Ek-teen was nodding.


“It’s true, what you say, Vela. Even now, I can perceive the change. It’s subtle, but you are different than you were last night, and I don’t think that Nok-toon is to thank for this,” Ek-teen said. Leo understood her meaning. He wasn’t sure if his eyes were playing tricks on him, but Vela looked visibly different. Her skin was a little less pale, she had felt warmer, and he’d even thought he had seen some color in her cheeks but wondered if it could just be the light playing off her pink eyes. Vela nodded in turn and glanced at Leo.


“I know. But I don’t know what it means. You have my sincere thanks for your understanding. Our tribes are intertwined,” Vela said, raising her arms. Ek-teen looked momentarily stunned, and then, smiled as she wrapped around Vela quickly, constricting her tiny body in her massive, strong coils.


“We are intertwined!” Ek-teen cried delightedly. Then, she unraveled herself from around Vela. “We will take care of our new family. You have nothing to fear. No harm will come to them.”


“Your word is all the assurance I need, Ek-teen,” Vela said, bowing. “Now, I need to say my goodbyes to my companions.”


“Of course, I’ll leave you to it. They can find me back in the house where we left the little ones,” Ek-teen said. She slithered past Jackie and Leo, smiling lovingly at them as she went by.


“So, all is well?” Leo asked.


“Yeah, you... make sleepover arrangements with their mom for us?” Jackie asked with a hint of sarcasm.


“As a mother would she watch over you,” Vela began, “but I wouldn’t think of her as a mother,” she finished with a sly grin. “Sorry I didn’t have a chance to warm you of my plans, Jackie. Something came up rather suddenly. I have to attend to it. I’ll trust Leo to explain. But I have to go. I have far to run.” Jackie nodded.


“It’s fine, I guess. You two did save my life. And I suppose the agreement was that ‘my life is yours’ or whatever. Not like I’m gonna argue with a vampire and an army of snakes... oh, or you, Leo. Especially not you,” Jackie said. Vela chuckled. She walked over to Jackie and placed her right palm on Jackie’s face. Jackie froze up a little at the touch. It’s not that she was afraid of Vela, though, in truth, she was a little, but she just had no idea how to react to the Vampire’s body language. She couldn’t read it.


“I’ll be back to assess your progress in looking after yourself, young human. But, in the meantime, listen to Leo,” she said with a smile. Then, she snatched Leo off of Jackie’s shoulder and brought him in for a kiss. She kissed him over and over again lovingly. Jackie blushed, but didn’t look away. Vela pulled her lips away from him.


“You seem more up to snuff on how to talk to and deal with the nagas,” she began. “They’re... probably going to put you through the ringer anyway. Don’t worry about it. Try to have fun. Relax, fall back on Jackie if you need a break. They’ll respect your privacy as your own ‘tribe,’ and... be responsible.” She said.


“What do you mean? I’m very responsible,” Leo joked, though he was getting the idea.


“Just don’t end up in anyone’s second stomach. So... stay away from anyone the size of Nok-toon without me around. Jackie doesn’t count,” Vela said, chuckling. Jackie’s face twisted a little. What was all that supposed to mean?


“Okay, Vela. I get it. All of it. Thank you. I think we are going to be fine, though I’d rather share any and all strange new experiences with you,” he admitted. “But the sooner you’re back, the better,” he said, and hesitated. Then, he said, “I’ll be too damn warm without your touch.” Vela swooned over him and brought him back into her lips for a long kiss. She drank in his beautiful warmth.


“I’ll be colder without your flame... be well, my love. I’ll be back before you know it.”


“Best run fast then. I hope you find what you’re looking for, my night. I love you.” They kissed once more. Vela let out a deep sigh.


“Okay,” she said, stepping over to Jackie. “Take this one or I’ll never leave.” Jackie was truthfully unwilling to take Leo from Vela, even when asked to. Leo chuckled, and deftly hopped from Vela’s hand at Jackie’s chest. The girl yelped and caught him reflexively.


“Goodbye, Jackie. Goodbye, Leo, my sun.” She blew him a kiss, and before he could catch it, there was a gust of wind in the wake of Vela’s departure, her sudden explosion of speed so fast, Leo had to blink in the torchlight to make sure his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him.


“Good, bye,” he mumbled.


“Wow... she’s really something.” Jackie said in awe.


“You have no idea,” Leo replied.

End Notes:

Looks like Jackie and Leo are going to be left to contend with the Naga on their own for a few days. Wonder what sort of antics that will entail...

 

Thanks to all who have made it this far! We've crossed 65k words! And I only published the first chapter of this story a few weeks ago. Seems kind of wild that we are already in short novel territory! So to any and all that are still with me, thank you so much! If you're enjoying this and haven't already, let me know why in a review! If you're not, I'd love to hear from you as well! 

Leo, Vela, and Jackie will continue their adventures soon... 

Chapter 12: A Brief Review by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

After Vela's departure, Leo catches Jackie up on everything she missed over the last day, and the two of them get more comfortable with their living arrangments for the next several days with their naga hosts. 

A plot and character chapter. No explicit content. 

Chapter Twelve: 


 


Jackie and Leo stood in silence for a while watching the empty space into which Vela had seemingly vanished. Both were temporarily entangled in their respective, unique thoughts on the situation. Jackie was somewhat apprehensive about being left in a literal den of snakes with no one but a borrower she had only met days ago to be her anchor to anything resembling familiarity. Even so, she was thankful to be with him. And in no small way, she was actually quite happy to get a chance to know him better in presumably relaxed circumstances. He had not single-handedly saved her, but he had certainly played a huge role. And she was futilely contending with the confusing feelings his selfless bravery had inspired in her. It didn’t help that he was charming and handsome, nor that his mere stature seemed to bring her back to a much simpler time when she was young and curious. She kept thinking of her secret childhood friendship with the borrower, Monique, who had lived in her house. 


Leo was sad to be temporarily parted from Vela. He knew she was doing what she had to do. He didn’t completely understand it, but then, there was a lot about her he realized he didn’t know. He could only trust that the bond they had formed in such a short time was real. He was comfortable that he and Jackie had been left in good hands. He also understood that Vela expected him to relax and have fun in her absence. The erotic display of her feeding on the two young nagas came to mind. He shivered slightly at the memory. 


Leo was still in Jackie’s hands. He looked up at her face. Her golden eyes shone splendidly in the lantern light, her silver hair blowing slightly across her face in the gentle breeze coming into the cavern. He took a moment to take in her other features. The revealing outfit she wore provided by the nagas really emphasized her musculature. And the dim, flickering light of the surrounding torches played off her various scars on her arms and torso. She really did cut a beautiful, striking figure. Her hands suddenly seemed to tighten around him slightly. Jackie was absently clinging to him in her grasp. 


“Jackie?” Leo asked. His voice brought her back down from whatever heights to which her mind was wandering. She shook her head, clearing her thoughts. 


“Oh. Uh. Sorry. Was I holding you uncomfortably?” She asked bashfully. Leo inwardly chuckled. In her human form, Jackie was nowhere near as strong as Vela, but she also lacked Vela’s supernatural ability to properly temper her strength, and as far as humans were concerned, she was quite brawny. 


“You’re okay,” Leo began. “Do you... want to head back to where we left the others?” Jackie turned to look towards the den from which they’d come where the ‘little ones,’ Flo-ren and Flo-tess, accompanied by the gigantic Ek-teen, were waiting. She hesitated. She was a little weary of the nagas. She wasn’t afraid they would harm her. She just didn’t know in what ways they would go about ‘not harming’ her. On some level, she knew that the display of Vela feeding had excited her, but exactly why was difficult to say. The nagas were beautiful, to be sure. But they were so big. And maybe it was just Vela anyway. Leo suddenly grabbed onto Jackie’s thumb and gave it a squeeze. He could tell she was in somewhat of a mental impasse. She looked down at him. 


“I’ll be with you every step of the way,” Leo assured her. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. 


“Okay. But soon you gotta fill me in on all the crazy stuff that went down last night. Like... I feel like I missed a lot!” Leo chuckled. 


“Yeah. I had a difficult time processing it all myself. But when we got here, Vela convinced me to take it in stride. I’m just thankful we are all alive.” 


“Not just that. I mean. I care about what happened with the hunters. But whatever went down with you, Vela, and that behemoth, Nok-toon. And whatever the hell Vela meant by not ending up in any ‘second stomachs.’ You two just got into all kinds of mayhem last night, and suddenly I come back to my senses and feel way out of my depths!” Leo realized that Jackie must be extremely confused. 


“Okay. I owe you a few explanations,” he admitted. “Let’s get back to the den and I’ll tell you everything. I don’t think the little ones will mind, if they’re... awake.  And Ek-teen already knows it all.” Jackie considered this, nodded, and started to make her way back to the den. 


“Okay. Gonna be here a few days. May as well get used to the company,” she said with some exasperation. 


“That’s the spirit,” Leo cheered. 


Jackie and Leo arrived back in the den. Ek-teen seemed to have gotten rid of the table. The room was now much more spacious feeling. The little ones Vela had drank from lied in an embrace against the far wall with their snake bodies wrapped around one another’s, their coils undulating as they squirmed with evident pleasure, the venom apparently still very actively stimulating them. Leo marveled at the effect it appeared to have on the nagas. Ek-teen lay beside them, rubbing their backs softly with both hands lovingly. She perked up at the two walking in. 


“Oh, you’ve returned. I was just tending to the little ones. As you can see, they are very taken by their unique experience with your companion. She made quite the impact. Would you like to settle down with them? I’m sure they’d be delighted to entwine with you both,” Ek-teen suggested. At her words, the two young nagas let out a delighted sigh, but they didn’t open their eyes or break from their snug embrace. Jackie’s grip on Leo tightened slightly. He understood she was a little timid at the suggestion. 


“Perhaps in a bit, gracious host. But first, I think it best that we fill Jackie in on the events of last night.” 


“Of course,” Ek-teen said. She slithered away from the little snake sisters and approached the pair of bipeds. She encircled them and made herself comfortable. “Please, be at ease.” Leo realized she intended them to lie against her coils for comfort. Jackie looked around a little sheepishly. 


“C’mon, Jackie,” Leo urged. Jackie sighed, and timidly sat down and leaned back against the giant serpentine body behind her while she faced the human part of its owner before her. Once comfortable, Leo tapped on her hand, and she looked down at him. “Mind setting me down?” She appeared to hesitate. She really was depending on him for comfort, but she relented, and placed him on the ground before her. He walked into the center of the space between them. 


“So, some of this will be familiar to both of you at different times. But I feel that it’ll be easier to tell the story in chronological order,” Leo began. He launched on the story from when he and Vela had left Jackie in the den. Both woman listened enthusiastically as he described his clandestine operation with the first four hunters. He was met with gasps from Jackie as he described what happened when he and Vela had learned they were grossly outnumbered. Jackie teared up a little when he got to the part at the cliff when Vela had been impaled and lost her hand. 


Leo hesitated when he got to the part when the nagas had rescued them, but he pressed on, carefully watching Jackie’s expression as he described the nagas charging out of the woods and overwhelming—and subsequently consuming—the hunters. To his surprise, she betrayed no sign of horror at what the nagas, including Ek-teen, had done.


“Well, good riddance,” Jackie scoffed. “The leader go down easy?” She asked Ek-teen. Leo was surprised, but then he considered that these men and women had been ruthlessly hunting her to death. Ek-teen smiled pleasantly. 


“You could ask him. He’s right behind you,” she said with a strange tone, flexing and undulating the powerful snake body Jackie was leaning on. Jackie twisted around and placed a hand on Ek-teen’s scales. She stroked them softly towards her tail. Leo studied Jackie carefully. She didn’t seem to show any signs of fear or disgust at what she’d just been told. Jackie continued petting Ek-teen’s smooth and cool skin thoughtfully. Just within this massive body lies the leader of the people who were trying to kill me. This naga saved us all, she thought. She suddenly felt extremely grateful. Leo and Vela could not have done it alone. 


There was a quiet gurgle as something shifted softly beneath Jackie’s hand just behind the scaly wall. She briefly wondered if there was any chance he was still alive in there. Something strange passed through Jackie in that moment as she felt the naga’s body moving its meal along. It was a small part pity, some parts confused admiration and fear, and something else she didn’t know how to describe that made her shiver. She shook her head, and asked Leo to continue his tale. 


Eventually Leo described arriving back to the village and being reunited with Jackie in her wolf form. Her face turned beet red when she learned she had attacked Vela and Leo with incessant licking, but Leo assured her that even Vela had found it delightful after everything else.


“Then, we were, um, shown to our quarters and slept until tonight,” Leo said, suddenly becoming much vaguer than he had been with any other details in the story thus far, and Jackie thought she detected a slight air of bashfulness as well. ‘Peculiar,’ she thought. She also noticed that Ek-teen began to smile knowingly. 


They were clearly keeping something back from her. Jackie had done her best to keep her head down and not make waves of any kind since agreeing to accept the help of Leo and his vampire lover, but that was when lives were at risk and time was short. Jackie was used to being treated differently, but that was by humans, and she actually understood their reasoning, even if it hurt. But this was apparently her newly adoptive ‘tribe.’ She didn’t want to be treated differently by a naga and a borrower. 


“So. How were your accommodations?” She asked Leo directly. He scratched the back of his head. Okay, how do I go about this? He wondered. He was in an awkward position. He would have to be earnest and flattering about his experience spending the night with Vela inside Nok-toon’s belly because Ek-teen was right there listening, and frankly, he wanted to be. It really was very cozy. The strangeness of that wasn’t lost on Leo. He marveled at how much he had come to quite like being inside bellies.


But then, he didn’t want to disturb or frighten Jackie. He wasn’t sure how she would take to the notion that he and Vela had done that, and he was even more worried that she would fear the nagas would expect her to consent to the same treatment, though he was pretty sure they wouldn’t ask such a thing of a human. Humans, unlike vampires, are very ‘suited for eating,’ to paraphrase Ek-teen. The man a few inches behind Jackie deep within the sizable naga’s bowels was a testament to that. He couldn’t think it over forever though. Etiquette dictated his response. He would just have to trust Jackie not to totally freak out. 


“They were completely superb,” he answered Jackie with initial vagueness. He could tell by the look in her eyes though that she was aware of his evasiveness and was growing impatient with it. She squinted at him suspiciously. 


“And where did they put you up?” 


“The beautiful, gargantuan naga, Nok-toon, whom you met when you found us by the reflecting pool earlier, had the good will to host us in a very special chamber...”


“Oh, if that’s— “Jackie was about to accept his answer, but Leo cut her off and continued.


“Inside her extremely luxurious and exquisitely spacious first stomach,” Leo finished. Jackie’s mouth hung open, empty of the words she had been forming. She looked sideways at Ek-teen without moving her head. The naga was chewing on her right index finger and eying Leo... very appreciatively... if not outright lustfully. They had spent the night inside that giant house of a snake-woman’s stomach? Jackie wasn’t sure what to make of that. Vela was one thing, but Leo? Nok-toon was incomprehensibly large compared to him, and he was far from Vela’s level of invulnerability. Jackie thought about Leo deep within the bowels of a naga nearly twice the size of Ek-teen, her nearest reference point for ‘big damn snake,’ and once again felt something strange course through her. 


“You’re very kind in your praise of Nok-toon. She was rather smitten with the two of you as well, and you in particular. I believe you have quite the admirer in her, Leo,” Ek-teen said, distracting Jackie from her thoughts. As the words sank in, ‘Leo has a naga admirer,’ the strange feeling in Jackie took a more comprehendible form... she was jealous. Jealous of what, exactly, she had not yet worked out. But she understood the vague sensation of wanting what someone else has. So, what was it? Was she jealous of Leo or for him? Jackie shook her head, blinking away the mental fog.


“So… w-why?” Jackie found herself asking dumbly. Leo and Ek-teen looked at her expectantly. Leo thought he understood the question but asked for elaboration anyway.


“Why, ‘what?’” The little borrower asked. Jackie hesitated, glancing at Ek-teen and back to Leo a few times before she asked further.


“What made you and Vela decide on that… ‘accommodation?’” She specified.


“Why, because Vela is a nightwalker, Jackie,” Ek-teen said matter of factly, as if that explained all. Leo knew by the scrunched-up expression on Jackie’s face that she needed more.


“Vela cannot sleep anywhere that might expose her to even the slightest amount of ambient sunlight. It’s not as if this was the only option, but evidently, there’s a traditional understanding between nagas and vampires that this arrangement is not only effective and safe, but downright enjoyable,” Leo explained. He hoped that Jackie would accept for now that he was complimenting the experience for Ek-teen’s benefit and not assume anything else by it. But Jackie was not quite satisfied. She decided to leave her other questions on the matter until later, however. She wanted to ask Leo when she was certain he wasn’t putting on a show for their host. Like ‘why did you have to join Vela in there?’ Jackie thought.


“Oh! Of course,” was all Jackie said in reply. She turned her head back toward the giant snake coil she leaned against. “The power to take life and to shield it,” she mumbled, rubbing the smooth skin. It twitched slightly under the warmth of her touch.


“Yes. Though when it comes to beings endowed with sentience, we take much more pleasure in shielding,” Ek-teen said, apparently having heard Jackie’s aside remark. The human blushed, and briefly found her mind wandering just below the surface of the scales she was rubbing once again, only this time the curiosity was far different. Why had Leo gone inside too? Wasn’t it awfully dangerous? Jackie turned to look at the tiny man standing a few feet away from her. She tried to imagine him floating around in gastric juices deep inside the titanic Nok-toon, totally at ease and confident just like he always seemed to be. She couldn’t square it. It just seemed too risky. He looked so small and vulnerable even compared to Ek-teen, whose human half was several times the size of Jackie.


“On the subject of sleeping arrangements,” Ek-teen suddenly began, “now that you’re human again, I presume you’d prefer to sleep off of the ground, Jackie?”


“Oh. Yes. I don’t suppose you’d have any beds though, what with the, um, snake bodies,” Jackie said.


“Unfortunately, we do not. But you’re more than welcome to stay with Leo in what sounds to be his new favorite lodgings,” Ek-teen said with thick implication. “Would you like that?” Jackie and Leo both turned pale as a sheet.


“I… Um…” Jackie stuttered. Ek-teen began to laugh, much to Leo and Jackie’s confusion.


“It’s alright, Jackie. I was only teasing you. I know the answer. And I see that you’re pinned by the desire to appear polite.” As Ek-teen calmed down from her laughing fit, the two bipeds sighed with relief. Leo seriously thought Ek-teen was going to rope them into that. To an extent, he wouldn’t have minded, but he wasn’t sure he’d be safe without Vela, and he knew for sure that Jackie wasn’t prepared for that experience.


“You two can quit being so formal,” Ek-teen said. “Please feel free to express yourselves honestly around me going forward. Vela said that our tribes are intertwined which will make any of my tribe more eager to learn your ways than simply to impress you with theirs. And I’m actually more versed in casual conversations with other, more loose-tongued species. I spent a decade as an emissary before I took over my ordained role as the matriarch of this tribe.” Jackie visibly relaxed.


“Wait… if you’re familiar with the way other species talk…” Leo began.


“I’m aware that your pledge of debt was entirely accidental,” Ek-teen said humorously. Leo burst out laughing.


“Did Vela know?” He asked through his laughter. Ek-teen appeared to consider this for a moment.


“Hmm… no. No, I don’t think so. The rigid, literal ‘naga speech’ code is very natural to me, obviously. I would have relaxed the formalities around her once she declared we were intertwined, obviously, but she had to leave so suddenly.”


“Why keep it up at all?” Leo asked.


“Appearances. There were many others around. I’m the matriarch. I cannot simply address strangers as familiars. Especially not in the midst of battle with trespassers. There are customs to consider. But no one would begrudge me now.” She raised her body and looked at the young nagas blocked from Jackie and Leo’s view by her massive coils. “And the little ones are asleep anyway. Shame. You two missed your chance to cuddle with them in their euphoric state. I’m sure they would have been very enthusiastic to receive you. Oh well. One delight at a time.


Elgara-Ek-teen suddenly began to slither very quickly, her whole body sliding with a soft hiss that filled their ears. She rotated until she arrived at a set of shelves and began moving some things around. She retrieved some blankets and rope from the cupboard-like space and turned towards the pair.


“You’re free to try and get cozy coiling up with me and the little ones. We nagas tend to enjoy sleeping in clusters. It’s warmer. Otherwise, you can use these to make a hammock if you like. Does that suffice?” Jackie’s face lit up at the second suggestion.


“Oh, a hammock sounds great!” She declared. Then, she looked momentarily bashful. “I mean, not that curling up with you doesn’t, Ek-teen. I mean…” Ek-teen silenced her with a knowing gesture.


“Maybe some other time,” the Naga said. “You deserve a good, restful sleep. And you, Leo. Despite your many praises, you don’t actually look all that well-rested yourself,” Ek-teen said with an arched eyebrow. Leo looked at her a little apprehensively and rubbed the back of his neck.


“Oh, you know. It’s just that I had a pretty irregular sleep schedule the last few days what with travel and hunters and such. No biggie,” Leo lied. Truthfully, he’d slept okay for whatever amount of time he had been asleep, but his trip through Vela had eaten up a good chunk of his time to rest, and Jackie had woken him up the day before. His sleep was all messed up. Ek-teen eyed him suspiciously.


“Very well,” she relented. “Am I correct in assuming you would rather share the hammock with Jackie tonight?” Leo suddenly seemed keen on looking anywhere but directly at Jackie.


“I mean…” Leo began.


“That seems best,” Jackie said with certainty. Leo looked at her with slight surprise on his face. He wasn’t sure how she’d feel about that. Jackie, on the other hand, was very much looking forward to the chance to chat idly with Leo about certain topics. That, and she’d be lying if she claimed she wasn’t really enthused by the idea of having the brave little soul so close to her while she slept in this literal den of snakes. Okay. Maybe it’s not just because he’s brave… she thought while eying the handsome little guy.


“Alright then, it’s decided. Jackie, I’ll help you string up the hammock,” Ek-teen offered. Jackie nodded in assent.


Together, the two of them had it hung up a little more than a meter above the floor on the wall adjacent to where the little ones were slumbering.


“Normally I’d be fine with staying up later, but…” Ek-teen glanced down at herself, “it’s hard to do anything but nap when you’re digesting such a large meal. I’m sure you understand. I’m going to curl up with the girls.”


“Of course,” Jackie said. “Sleep well, Elgara-Ek-teen. And thank you. For everything.”


“Yes. You’re a wonderful host,” Leo added. Ek-teen smiled at the pair, bowed her head, and slithered over to dim the light before moving to the smaller, sleeping nagas, coiling around them until she was a steep stack of scaly flesh. Leo thought he heard appreciative sighs of approval escape from somewhere in the middle as Ek-teen briefly disturbed the sleep of Flo-ren and Flo-tess. Jackie looked down at Leo.


“Are you very tired?” She asked.


“Hmm. Not particularly. But we can lie down. I’m sure I’ll get sleepy eventually. Ek-teen was right. I didn’t get the best sleep. I haven’t in a while. Not to mention, I’m not really nocturnal, and haven’t even been trying to be for very long. What about you?”


“Oh, I’m actually pretty energetic. I went to sleep as a wolf before sunrise apparently and didn’t wake as a woman till midday. I’m told I didn’t get up to much mischief last night, so I’m much less worn out than usual. But I’m sure I’ll be able to sleep in a bit. Um…” Jackie crouched down and offered the flat of her palm to Leo. He hopped into her hand, and she placed him on her shoulder. Leo hung onto a few strands of her silvery hair as she climbed unsteadily into the hammock. Before lying down, she patted herself on the abdomen.


 “Mind hopping down here?” She asked. Leo obliged swiftly, darting down her left arm and sitting on her exposed skin facing her upper body. She got settled in and adjusted herself until she was comfy. She laced her fingers through each other just below where Leo sat and he leaned back on her hands comfortably. Jackie let out a deep sigh, her chest rising and falling sharply. Okay.


Thanks for letting me bunk with you by the way. You don’t know me that well,” Leo said.


“You don’t mind? I mean. It’s fine. You’re welcome,” Jackie said, thankful that it was too dark now for Leo to properly see her bashful expression. She sighed again. “Thanks. For uh, for being willing to. You’re the closest thing to continuity I’ve known in a while, ya know,” she finished. Leo smiled.


“Hey, we misfits need to stick together!” He said. Jackie scoffed.


We misfits? What makes you abnormal?”


“Oh, I don’t know. I’m a borrower without a big family, I don’t live off the unknown kindness of humans, and I’m dating a vampire?” Jackie chuckled once at his defense. Then she thought of something.


“And you have a penchant for getting cozy inside bellies…” she said slyly. Leo’s eyes grew a little wide.


“Uh. Penchant? I mean…”


“Come on, buddy. Who Who sleeps inside a snake?”


“Hey, hey!” Leo whispered intensely. “Try not to make it sound so outrageous. We don’t want to insult our hosts.”


“Ek-teen’s asleep. I have pretty good ears. Perks, I guess. Her breathing slowed and evened out almost immediately after she settled down. Anyway, she said we could be frank. So, be frank with me.”


“You have a point. Alright, alright.” Leo said. Jackie remained quiet. She tapped her right index finger on her left knuckle expectantly. Leo felt and understood the gesture. “What? I already explained it to you. Vela needed to.”


Vela needed to. So, it was strictly utilitarian?”


“Y-yeah.”


“And it was utilitarian for you as well? Just… dive right into the belly of a hundred ton beast for a good night’s sleep?”


“I… was just sticking with Vela?” He offered. Jackie didn’t seem satisfied. “Okay, what’s with all the scrutiny? So what, I’ve slept in some bellies.” He saw her jaw drop in the darkness. Oops.


“Some?” She laughed quietly and pulled a strange smile. “Okay. I was just gonna ask how a little guy like you manages to survive in such a massive stomach unscathed, but apparently you really do have a penchant.”


“Maybe a little. Yeah. I mean. It’s not like I’ve done it a lot or all the time. Don’t think I’m a weirdo.”


“I thought you wanted to defend your status as a misfit,” Jackie countered.


“Well, okay. Sure. But I don’t wanna be looked at as a misfit among misfits!”


“It’s okay. I’m not judging. But I guess I’m like… really curious now.”


“About what in particular?”


“Hmm. Okay. How about my original concern. How’s a borrow survive inside a stomach the size of a human hammock?” Jackie asked, rocking a little from side to side for emphasis.


“Well. First of all, the a naga’s first stomach isn’t supposed to be that dangerous.”


“Oh? Is that why Vela warned you not to end up in anyone’s second stomach?”


“Exactly. The first stomach is only supposed to be able to handle chewed greens and stuff for initial processing before it all gets passed onto the actual stomach.”


“And they have control over this mechanism?”


“The older ones, yeah,” Leo said. Jackie was quiet for a moment. She seemed to be considering.


“Okay. If I grant that, and we say it’s somewhat safe…”


“Yeah?”


“I’m sorry. And I’m really not judging. I’m just trying to understand. But, why would you want that?” After she asked, Leo was silent for almost a whole minute. Finally, he spoke up.


“It’s erotic.” He said frankly. Jackie’s cheeks flared dark red. Oh.


“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to pry.”


“Nah, it’s fine. It is though. I dunno why. I thought maybe it was just me, but Vela seemed to think so, too.”


“Wait. So you said ‘some,’ and you had this opinion before last night. So… you and Vela have—?”


“Yeah. Actually. That’s kinda how we met,” Leo confessed.


“Okay. I have got to hear the story behind that. I mean, if that’s okay.”


“Sure. I think it’ll be fun to tell.”


Leo told Jackie all about his first night with Vela. He censored his story a bit, leaving our little details like when she removed her top or how she pushed him ‘over the edge’ before swallowing him. But he didn’t hold back in describing how great he thought it all was. He was actually worried he had gotten a little carried away. He paused as he described what he thought it felt like to be inside Vela’s stomach to make sure he wasn’t weirding Jackie out.


“What did you stop for?”


“This doesn’t bother you at all?”


“No, I’m actually pretty intrigued. I confess, I actually wondered because of the size difference how you two managed to… erm. I mean,” she cut herself off, realizing the implications of admitting she’d spent time contemplating their sex life.


“Wait. What?”


“N-never mind. So. Just the one time then?”


“Hmm? Oh. No. Twice. The night we met to sate her hunger pangs, and then…” Leo hesitated.


“What? The next night?”


“No.”


“But the night after that I almost dug you both up, and you certainly weren’t in a stomach. So that leaves… wait,” She gasped.


“Yup.”


“You got double eaten last night?” Jackie said, shocked.


“Uh-huh. It was kind of intense,” Leo said, trying to downplay it a bit. Jackie tried to compose herself.


“Okay. Well. That certainly explains both how you were safe and why you were comfortable going in for it in the first place. So, what. Vela just spits you up before Nok-toon does?”


“Well, not exactly.” Leo said. He went on to explain how Vela’s body had acted strangely the night before. Jackie could barely contain her awe when Leo described how he was sent all the way through her. It does sound a little erotic. She thought. She also noticed whenever Leo transitioned from being very specific to eliding the finer details, and presumed to know how one ought to fill in those blanks. But she was trying to be attentive to Leo’s telling of it all.


“And yeah,” Leo said near the end, “obviously waking up before the sunset is pretty dangerous for a vampire. So she had to go see someone about that…” Leo got quiet after that. Jackie let him have a moment.


“She’ll be back before you know it, bud,” she said after a while. “Don’t count the time.”


“You’re right. I’m less concerned about how long it’ll be before I see her again and a little more worried about… well.”


“What she might have learned once she returns?”


“Yeah, you nailed it.”


“You’re worried the changes are your fault.”


“Seems a little too coincidental not to have something to do with me.”


“Or what you’ve been doing.”


“Hmm? What do you mean?”


“Well. I mean, she’s been eating you. You say she subsists on the spiritual potency of blood. She absorbs it and it makes her immortal. Her stomach—her whole body— doesn’t work like ours. Who knows what having a living soul in her stomach for extended periods is capable of doing. I’m not saying she’s absorbing your soul or anything. But I don’t know. Maybe you guys just have to cut back on this… stuff,” Jackie suggested. Leo looked thoughtful about it. “Or, you know, maybe not. I mean. I hope not if you like it so much. Just don’t spend all your time the next few days worrying about it, alright?”


“You’re right. It’s pointless to toil endlessly. I’ll try not to dwell on it.”


“Yeah. And in the mean time, plenty of hungry snakes about. You know, if you find yourself getting withdrawals or something.” Leo looked at her with wounded accusation until he saw the smirk on her face.


“Okay, Jackie. Make fun of me while I’m down. And I don’t know. Seems a little risky anyway.”


“But what about the whole ‘first stomach’ deal?”


“Yeah, but going into the older nagas on my own seems a little overwhelming. And the younger ones lack the same control. I’m not sure there’s any coming back from the true stomach. Especially for a little guy like me. So, no. It’s really only appealing when I know there’s no danger.”


“True. I hadn’t thought of that. Oh well, guess you’ll have to temporarily forgo your spelunking endeavors for a while, borrower.” They both laughed.


“Yeah. It’ll be okay. I’m sure the nagas will have plenty of other ornery activities planned for us anyway.” Leo yawned, suddenly feeling quite sleepy. “Oh, gosh. I don’t know where it came from, but I think I could sleep!” Leo said.


“Well don’t fight it. You deserve a restful night, Leo,” Jackie said. The borrower looked from side to side.


“So, how’re we doing this?”


“Oh, um, I don’t know. My belly certainly isn’t a safe place to spend the night, Jackie said, giggling.


“Not gonna let up on me about that, huh?”


“No chance. Though I suppose you could sleep on my belly if you’re comfortable there.”


“You move around a lot in your sleep?”


“Not in a hammock this snug.”


“Well alright then.” Leo settled down, lying on his side with a hand under his head. Jackie’s abdomen was a warm, soft wall of muscle. Leo thought he’d sleep well. Far from his worst. “Thanks again for letting me bunk with you.”


“Thanks for saving my life and for being here for me.”


“Don’t mention it. Good night, Jackie.”


“Night, Leo.”


Jackie listened to Leo’s breathing. She was impressed with how quickly he dropped off. He had only been awake for a few hours. She didn’t think it was much past midnight. Guess he really needed it. She thought. Jackie made some slight adjustments without moving too much so as not to disturb Leo. She put her hands behind her head and gazed at the ceiling of the den.


Jackie felt better after talking to Leo. She felt like she understood more, knew more, was more included and ‘in the loop.’ She also had a lot on her mind regarding some earlier sensations of slight jealousy. She didn’t know the borrower all that well, so she didn’t begrudge him holding back on some of the juicier details in his stories. It almost seemed silly when she considered that Leo and Vela had only known each other a couple days longer than Jackie, but then, they were different. They weren’t human. Jackie had known borrowers as a girl, but she’d never seen them fall in love. She didn’t even know vampires did that at all. So she assumed there may be factors she misunderstood.


Jackie remembered her childhood playmate, Monique. They’d been so close. Monique was always there for Jackie’s calling. They had played hide and seek, had tea parties, played ‘house’ with dolls for their family. Monique had been the wife and Jackie the husband. They’d even kissed once, but it was Monique kissing Jackie on the cheek and it had made them both so embarrassed they never spoke of it again. Jackie placed a hand on her cheek now where she remembered feeling that little kiss. She gazed at Leo. She closed her eyes and shook her head softly, turning her thoughts back to the present.


What’s got you all twisted up? Jackie asked herself. She recalled concluding she was jealous. Okay. Let’s work through that. She’d felt a pang of jealousy when Ek-teen mentioned that Nok-toon was Leo’s admirer. So, was Jackie envious that Leo had so many admirers, or was she covetous of Leo’s affection. She considered this. Oh, Jackie. It’s obviously both. She realized. For going on a year now, she’d been alone. She’d lost so much and gained so little. The thing she’d thirsted after the most was any kind of companionship. She was hurt and chased and distrusted. She wanted friends. She wanted to love and to be loved.


Waking up human two days ago to see this little borrower eager to tend to her wounds had made her heart throb with gratitude and longing. But he was taken. That’s fine. He still wanted to be her friend. It almost seemed like Vela was coming around to the idea of friendship too. And their monogamy seems a little flexible… Jackie had observed. She considered this. No, their sexuality was flexible. Their love was exclusive. Either way. Jackie was delighted to have made friends. Love could wait.


Jackie now turned her mind to some of the other strange ideas and feelings she’d experienced this night. She gazed at Leo in the dark. She thought about his stories and experiences. She considered something. She concluded that she was going to have to have a conversation about it again in the morning. But for now, she, too, was feeling the weight of her eyelids. She clasped her hands together right under her breasts and shut her eyes, drifting to sleep in a short while.

End Notes:

It's back! Wrote 66k words in 22 days on this story back between August and September of 2020 and then took an indefinite haitus for some eight months. The two extremes. I apologize to any who have been patiently awaiting the next installment of this story, and hope that you'll be happy with where I intend to take the tale. I never meant to let it sit incomplete forever. This time I'm going to try and work at a much more reasonable pace and switch projects whenever I feel fatigued so as to avoid another hiatus. Thank you for your understanding, and welcome back if you're a returning reader. 

If you're new and this is your first time reading through to this point, welcome!! Let me know what you think of the story so far!

This first chapter was just a transitional one while I crack my knuckles and shake off the rust. Stay tuned for the next one! 

Chapter 13: A Day Worth Naming by Xiao-renzhe
Author's Notes:

Hello, friends! Did you miss me? I'm back with a real hefty chapter that frankly competes with the first one. It's heavily sensual, explicitly sexual, and starts a little slow, but really picks up a little less than half way in. I considered breaking it in two, but it really ought to be one. Control+F the word "forest" if you're just here for smut.

Scroll to the bottom if you want a brief breakdown of this chapter's tags and content. I don't want to post that at the top anymore for fear of spoiling it for those who'd prefer not to know! 

Jackie heavy chapter. She and Leo spend their first day immersed among the nagas and their culture. What do they get up to? 

Enjoy! 

Chapter Thirteen:

 

 

 

            Jackie awoke slowly, keeping her eyes shut for a while after the subtle awareness of her own consciousness gradually pervaded and caused her thoughts to become at once directed and less dreamlike. She shook off the phantom visions of perceived monsters both from without and from within that tended to pervade her dreams. Her mind turned to concrete things. She didn’t suffer any of the confusion some people described upon awakening. Not, at least, when she went to sleep as a woman.

 

Jackie was immediately conscious of the light, warm sensation upon her lower abdomen and knew the cause. She smiled a little. It was weird not waking up alone. Nice. But weird.

 

            Opening her eyes, Jackie looked down without moving her head. She didn’t want to risk waking Leo if she could avoid it, but it turned out to be a moot point, as the little borrower was already wide awake. When he saw her eyes open, he sat up, apparently having been staying still out of the same kind of consideration for another person’s sleep.

 

            “How long have you been awake?” Jackie asked.

 

            “Not long,” Leo lied. He’d been lying there awake just enjoying the relaxation of Jackie’s breathing for over an hour now, but he hadn’t minded. It gave him a chance to think. Before they could exchange any additional lazy chatter, however, the slapdash hammock was jostled a little roughly. Leo looked up and to his right in time to see the smiling face of one of the smaller nagas from the night before leering over them both cheerfully. As the serpentine woman rose into view, Leo observed she had a distinct bite mark just below her left breast. He recalled where each of the “little ones” had been bitten the night prior and was thankful for the difference, because truthfully, he had trouble telling the pair apart. They were both nearly identical, “person-sized” nagas with long, nearly black hair, and had similar faces as well. Leo realized that the somewhat unique facial shape the nagas all had would have made them all difficult to distinguish if not for diversity in both size and scale colors.

 

            “Good morning, Flo-tess,” Leo said.

 

            “A wonderful morning to the two of you, indeed!” The naga gushed. “I apologize for disturbing you, but I heard voices and simply could not ignore my desire to socialize with you any longer! Come! Both of you! We have prepared a meal!” As the naga finished her proclamation, she pushed away from the hammock a little violently, causing the pair to sway abruptly in her wake.

 

            “She’s a lively one,” Jackie grumbled.

 

            “Not a morning person?” Leo joked. Jackie scoffed.

 

            “I was fine in the mornings back when I was a member of society, and I was greeted by a pot of coffee in the mornings instead of… well…” she trailed off.

 

            “Instead of by a rather hyper snake-girl?” Leo offered, finishing her thought in a way he suspected was slightly more polite than she would have.

 

            “Yeah, let’s go with that.”

 

            “Well, she did say breakfast in any case. I’m sure that can’t be too bad. Doubtful about the coffee though.”

 

            “It’s alright,” Jackie said, sitting up in the hammock with a slight struggle. She offered her hand to Leo, and he deftly climbed aboard. She set him on her shoulder and kicked her legs out of the hammock, swinging forward and slid onto the floor. “I haven’t had coffee for the better part of a year anyway. I’m past my dependency. Doesn’t mean I don’t miss it.”

 

            “I’m sure that’s not the only thing,” Leo said, immediately regretting having done so. But Jackie shrugged it off.

 

            “Meh, none of it really measures up to a good cup of piping hot coffee.” The two of them followed Flo-tess who lead them quickly to the other side of the den. She then hastily bid Jackie to have a seat at the table that was once again mysteriously present. Leo wondered how Ek-teen had gotten it back out without waking them but reasoned that she was incredibly strong and was likely capable of lifting the huge thing against the wall and getting it back down about as quietly as he could lift his satchel.

 

            Jackie took her seat and Leo hopped down onto the table. Flo-tess placed a plate in front of them. They were both impressed. Before them sat a very well-prepared vegetarian omelet.

 

            “Wow, how’d you do this?” Jackie asked without making much effort to mask her surprise. Flo-tess beamed with pride.

 

            “Flo-ren and I spent all morning on it! She found the eggs, I gathered the greens, and Ek-teen instructed us on the preparation. It’s fascinating! It was a lot of fun, cooking. I’ve never actually cracked an egg open before.”

 

            “No? How do you take your eggs then?” Jackie asked.

 

            “Like this!” Flo-tess said, reaching onto the counter next to her and retrieved on of the many spare eggs that was sitting there. She popped it into her mouth and gulped it down whole, a big lump traveling briefly down her neck before disappearing. “Ah-h-h!” She exclaimed, her long tongue hanging out. “Those are good! But I’m sure your way is good, too!” Leo laughed at the face Jackie made at the display, which was a good way of distracting himself from pesky thoughts it had inspired.

 

            “Oh. I guess that makes sense,” Jackie said dully. “Um, thanks for taking the trouble to prepare them our way. I’m not sure I could pull that off.”

 

“Ha!” Leo laughed again. “I’d love to see you try.”

 

“Oh, I bet you would, little guy,” Jackie said with perhaps a little more implication than was necessary for Leo to understand the nature of the jest. He grew a little red, bashful at some of his line of thinking having been so easy to guess.

 

“Uh, what’s say we dig in?” Leo offered, changing the subject.

 

“Oh, yes! Please let me know what you think!” Flo-tess said.

 

“After you, little guy. Take your fill and then keep out of my way,” Jackie teased. “Or else…” Jackie eyed him in a way that essentially communicated, or else you know what might happen to you, little morsel.

 

“Sheesh! Alright, alright! Wow, really laying into me this morning,” Leo said. Jackie bit her lip, chiding herself for what she worried was one joke at his expense too many. She looked at Flo-tess as if for some form of affirmation that she wasn’t being a jerk, but the young naga seemed totally oblivious to the humor in the exchange, probably thinking that the larger woman warning the much smaller man to be careful not to get eaten with her breakfast was perfectly logical and in no way interesting. Well, I suppose it is logical. Little guy doesn’t have the good sense to stay out of stomachs. Jackie thought.

 

Leo took his fill of the fluffy eggs, and snagged a few smaller pieces of the vegetation sticking out and pulled them over to a corner of the plate. Once safely out of the way, Jackie dug in. It was under-seasoned. Jackie even wondered if there was any salt at all. But then, she realized that a people who all swallowed their food whole had no need for spices, so she chose not to include that in her review.

 

“It’s delicious, Flo-tess! Seriously, very impressive. I know a lot of people who can’t make an omelet this well,” She offered.

 

“I agree. This is really well done,” Leo added. Flo-tess looked fit to burst with excitement at the praise. Without warning, she leaned in and wrapped her arms around Jackie, hugging her tightly and shaking her a little. As far as her torso was concerned, Flo-tess was the smaller woman compared to Jackie by a considerable amount. She was young enough to still be pretty “human” in stature, and had the build of a petite young woman, while Jackie had that of an amateur bodybuilder. So, it was a little humorous to watch Jackie freeze up and shrink in posture from fear of the bubbly naga’s embrace, even letting out a little squeak.

 

“Oh, I’m just so glad to hear you both like them! I cannot wait to tell the others that we did a good job!” Flo-tess shouted happily. She broke her embrace with Jackie and then it was Leo’s turn to cow. She snatched him up before he could think to object and nuzzled him against her left cheek before gently replacing him at the edge of the plate. “You two eat your fill and meet us outside for drinking and washing!” She said, and turned swiftly, slithering quietly out of the den. Leo and Jackie shared a look of slight exasperation and turned back to their respective meals. After a moment of silence, Jackie swallowed her last bite, and then grunted to clear her throat.

 

“Sorry about all the… uh, razzing.”

 

“What, the not-so-subtle jokes at the expense of my fascination with bellies?” Leo bit back with mock gruff. He saw Jackie wince a little and quickly covered it with, “no harm done, Jackie. It’s all in good fun. Besides, I don’t think Flo-tess made anything of it,” he said. Jackie felt a little relieved.

 

“I just haven’t known you very long and don’t want to cross the line with humor.”

 

“You’re not likely to. I’m an easy-going fella. And it is good fun,” he said, wiping his face of crumbs.

 

“The joking, or…?”

 

“Take your pick. You finished? We’ve got to meet up with the others outside for… drinking and washing, was it?”

 

“Not sure I need a bath. I had one yesterday afternoon.”

 

“I’m never one to turn down a free bath. Especially a safe one in the open. What a luxury!” Leo exclaimed. Jackie considered this while she helped him onto her shoulder.

 

“I suppose you have a point. It’s just… I don’t know. You and the nagas seem to assign less weight to group nudity, I guess,” she confessed. Leo chuckled.

 

“Not at all. I’m a little bashful. But I’ve felt like the only bashful person in the room lately. A little glad you can relate. Makes me feel a little less prudish.”

 

“Huh. Me too. I guess it’s not that big a deal,” she said with less casual conviction than she’d hoped to convey. “Guess we’ve already seen each other naked anyway.”

 

“Huh, that’s true. Who knows? Maybe in a few days we’ll both be sick of clothes.” They shared a laugh as they neared the reflecting pool, many nagas who had probably never worn clothes already enjoying a morning soak. Jackie’s eyes scanned the lot of them—dozens of snake-people ranging from half to many times her size all basking in the cool waters. Just think of them all as big, legless people. They’re just people. Hell, you can’t even see most of their snake bodies in the water. Jackie thought to comfort herself. The moment she reached the edge of the pool, however, a shadow fell upon her and Leo.

 

Jackie turned her head to see the enormous form of Nok-toon sliding up to them menacingly. She wasn’t doing anything in particular that would make her a menace, per se, but Jackie simply couldn’t handle the speed and silence with which a woman her size was capable of moving about. She’d hardly heard the giant naga approaching.

 

“Good morning, moonchild and Leo,” Nok-toon’s deep alto boomed. Leo marveled at the spectacle of the giantess in the daylight coming in through the sky hole in the cavern. She was much more colorful than he’d realized. Her coils were covered in scales that were deep red and pitch black. Leo had mistakenly taken the dark red ones to be a dark grey in the dark of night before. Her countless scales reflected the light beautifully as she slid past the pair, smiling at the two of them as she went. Leo waved at her politely, and her eyes narrowed happily as she turned her head away, smiling more brightly as she went. Leo thought back to the other night when he had willingly climbed into that woman’s enormous maw to join his lover deep inside her cavernous first stomach and it made him shiver with the recalled thrill of the singular experience. Jackie, apparently, was thinking along the same lines.

 

“That right there is the measure of the difference in our nerve,” Jackie said quietly.

 

“What do you mean?” Leo asked.

 

“I can’t believe you fed yourself to that behemoth!” She whispered harshly. “It’s nuts! I thought my knees were going to give out with her just passing me by!”

 

“Oh, give her a chance. She’s quite gentle. And sweet!” Leo said in her defense. Jackie considered the “minute details” Leo had censored from his story about his experience with the giantess serpent and wondered in exactly what ways the woman had treated Leo “gently and sweetly.” She shook her head, attempting to rid it of the counterproductive thoughts. Luckily, another distraction was on the way.

 

“Good morning, friends!” Came the shrill sound of another, small, excited naga. It was Flo-ren this time. Leo took note of the bite mark above her waistline. She was flanked by Ek-teen. Jackie felt herself slacken a little from her stiff posture. Even though Ek-teen was a giantess in her own right—albeit not nearly as large as Nok-toon—Ek-teen made Jackie feel safer. Even if it was only something she was aware of subconsciously, Jackie was thankful to see her among all these strangers. She also made a mental note of how striking Ek-teen looked in the morning light. She had such lovely, tanned skin, totally free of a single blemish, and was also covered in dark red bands. But they seemed a little more vibrant and reflective than Nok-toon’s. Her lean, slender features and uniquely red-black, straight, and long hair all combined to make a very stunning woman, half-snake or not. Jackie could not deny she was gorgeous.

 

“Good morning, you two. Flo-tess has told us that their attempt at a cuisine you would enjoy was a success,” Ek-teen said in her soft, but very audible voice.

 

“Yes! I was so happy to hear it! We have never had the pleasure of cooking before!” Squeaked Flo-ren.

 

“It was quite delicious,” Leo said. “Really hit the spot. But you don’t have to do that every morning. We would be happy to fend for ourselves at least a little.”

 

“Nonsense,” Ek-teen objected, “you two will make up for it as you’re able. But leave the provisions to us. I’ve got many recipes in my head from the time I’ve spent among other species that I am eager to pass on to these little ones. They need the instruction if they are to also be emissaries one day. They need to know something of cultures.”

 

“In that case, don’t threaten me with not having to cook. I stink at it,” Jackie joked.

 

“Yeah, and I’d probably have a hard time cooking for her,” Leo said.

 

“How would you ever have gotten by without us?” Ek-teen asked, shaking her head.

 

“Guess we would have starved?” Leo said.

 

“I was getting pretty tired of burnt rabbit legs,” Jackie followed. “I can catch em just fine. But cooking em? Not my best strength.”

 

“Well, perhaps you can share your methods of capture with some of the other little ones. Many of them are quite fond of rabbits. And you need not teach them to cook,” Ek-teen said. Flo-ren nodded vigorously at the suggestion.

 

“Oh, yes! Please! Teach us your way of hunting! That would be wonderful!” She shouted. Jackie looked just the slightest bit perturbed at the idea, but sighed deeply, and said,

 

“I… guess I could do that. What’s the hurt—” but Flo-ren cut her off with a delighted shriek.

 

“Excellent! I cannot wait! Let us bathe so we can turn to the day’s activities! Come! Come!” Flo-ren was tugging on Jackie’s arm. It almost caused Leo to fall from his perch. He was surprised that despite the small naga’s considerable overall mass, she was unsuccessful in tugging Jackie very easily.

 

“Okay, okay! Hang on. I’ve gotta… slip out of these. They’re the only ones you gave me.” Jackie said regarding her outfit. “I, uh-h…” she turned to look at the borrower on her shoulder, biting her lip in thought.

 

“Mind putting my clothes in the heap with yours? Less likely to get lost that way.” Leo was already stripping down seated on her shoulder as he asked this. He was determined not to make a big deal of nudity in front of the nagas, partially for Jackie’s sake. She blushed.

 

“Sure.” She brought up her left hand and he placed his garments into it. He then deftly hopped down to the ground and approached the edge of the pool. Jackie was always a little surprised to see how the borrower could move. Drops just weren’t a concern for him. But he had his limits.

 

“Someone is gonna have to ferry me out. It’s way too deep for me to wade in and I’m not swimming that far,” he said. He wasn’t much of a swimmer. Before Jackie had a chance to offer her service, Flo-ren had scooped him up in a flash.

 

“I’ve got you, Leo! Let’s go wash up!” With that, she slid right into the water and slithered with fishlike speed away from the dumbfounded Jackie who was now topless, but still struggling with the tie of her makeshift bottom. Son of a… But before Jackie could even finish imagining the curse at being abandoned around a bunch of strange snake-folk, the smooth sound of Ek-teen’s soft laughter brought her back down.

 

“Leo is quite the item of interest to the nagas in general. You’ll have to excuse their enthusiasm. None of us has ever met a borrower. It’s uncanny to make the acquaintance of what’s essentially a tiny human with none of the usual self-entitlement,” Ek-teen explained. It was as if she could see Jackie’s indignation and addressed the cause before it could be voiced. “Though you’re also a special delight. Nothing against your race. But you, too, lack that usual entitlement. So, you’ve either shed that skin, or you never wore it.” Jackie felt a little bashful under this sort of scrutiny. It made her almost completely unconscious about finally slipping off her bottom and exposing herself physically to the large naga. What’s nudity to a creature that can see through you?

 

“Well, it’s hard to say which. I can’t say I still feel a massive kinship towards the bulk of my species. Though most of them are alright as individuals.”

 

“The same can be said for many races. At least, the ones with individuals,” Ek-teen said with a neutral tone. Jackie smiled up at her.

 

“You seem… really nice,” Jackie said a little dryly. Ek-teen pulled an interesting face. Jackie felt suddenly silly. “I’m sorry. What I mean is… all I meant to say,”

 

“We make you a little uncomfortable, no?” Jackie was caught off guard by Ek-teen’s perceptive accusation.

 

“Wh-what? You don’t.” Jackie wanted to tell her that Ek-teen, for her part, only made Jackie self-conscious, but didn’t know how to approach that.

 

“Hah! Perhaps less than the others. But I still do, Jackie. And it’s alright. You’ve only ever lived among your own.”

 

“Well… I knew some borrowers.”

 

“Oh? Well that certainly explains some things…” Jackie was going to ask what she meant by that, but Ek-teen continued too quickly. “But now you know some nagas. And consider how many of them have ever tried to harm you.” Jackie did considered this. She also considered that the number of humans who had attempted to harm her numbered in the “many.”

 

“I’m sorry. You make a point. But you have to admit,” Jackie started, slightly changing her tone to one of more casual air.

 

“Hm-m-m?”

 

“Nok-toon is scary!”

 

“She is,” Ek-teen said with a grin. “But am I not?”

 

“Not… to me. Though you’re definitely not one to be trifled with!”

 

“Hm-m-m, I think I actually find that flattering. Now, come with me for a morning bath. It’s part of the daily routine.” Jackie blushed, and quickly gathered up her clothes and tucked Leo’s inside them, setting them on a small table near the pool.

 

“Okay, ready when you are, Ek-teen.”

 

“How about a ride for you, too, Jackie?”

 

“What?”

 

“I can’t just snatch you up like Flo-ren did Leo, but you can sit on my shoulders if you like.”

 

“That… sounds fun.” Ek-teen lowered herself to the ground and allowed Jackie to timidly climb on. Jackie found that she could hook one leg over each of the naga’s shoulders and loop her arms around her head like a crown. She could only just see over top the large head. She felt a little childish, but there was little time for reflection on that before the naga was righting her posture and slithering at a speed that made Jackie hand on for dear life.

 

“Not too tight now, your legs are quite strong,” Ek-teen warned.

 

“Oops! Sorry!” Jackie stopped clamping the naga’s neck between her thighs like a vice.

 

Ek-teen carried Jackie over to where the others she had met were bathing. Flo-ren and Flo-tess were stretched out afloat, Leo lying on the tail of the former. They were all backing close to Nok-toon. Jackie swallowed her fear and attempted to cheerfully greet them all, starting with the giantess Nok-toon. She had a lot on her mind, and she was really going to have to get past her little “aversion” to get it all sorted.

 

They spent an hour or so bathing and relaxing before the little ones became impatient. Flo-ren had told Flo-tess that Jackie was going to be taking them hunting “her way,” and they were both eager to begin. So, once everyone had exited the reflecting pool, and Jackie and Leo had dried off, Jackie agreed to take the two little ones hunting in the direction of her stashed gear. She was willing to entertain the idea that she might come around to situational nudism, but still wanted her stuff back regardless. Additionally, she had hunting equipment in there and wanted to show the nagas how to trap and ensnare.

 

Leo, Jackie, Flo-ren, and Flo-tess had made it to the little cave where Leo and Jackie had formally “met” by midday, and the four of them spent the next hour going over how to build and set traps, and where the best places to do that were. Once they were done, and Jackie explained that her method of hunting required returning over the following days and didn’t really involve much active “capturing” of prey, the young nagas’ interest began to wane, and they opted to show Leo and Jackie how they hunted.

 

They, too, had spots quite like traps that they liked to check frequently, but the capturing process was much more actively hands on. They’d slither along with their torsos low, and their noses close to the ground until they crossed the path of a prey animal, and then would decide how fresh it was. If it was fresh, they’d follow it. If it was old, they’d wait by it until sundown and the animal that left the scent would likely be back along the same path at which point, they’d ambush it. The first path they picked up on was fresh, and so, they followed.

 

Flo-ren often chastised Jackie for her loud footsteps as they followed the scent, and Leo quietly laughed at the polite correction each time. “Ms. Jackie!” she would whisper sternly. “Your feet! Must they be picked up and put down for every single step?” At one point Jackie sarcastically offered to simply slide her feet along without lifting them, but when she followed through on her mock suggestion, Flo-ren found it so ridiculous she began speaking gibberish until Flo-tess shooshed her. Apparently, they had discovered the prey.

 

An unspoken agreement was reached between the pair of nagas, and they split up, slithering so low they could barely be seen. Leo and Jackie watched attentively as Flo-ren deliberately, but subtly, “got discovered” by the prey. The prey in question was, in fact, a large hair. It burst out of its hiding place in a dead sprint, and in a second, leapt right into the hands –and mouth—of Flo-tess, who had sprung out of seemingly nowhere to intercept the hapless creature. It never knew what hit it. One moment it was bounding along, and the next, its rear legs were kicking in the air as the young naga’s throat stretched effortlessly to accept a creature as large as her head. In a few quick gulps that ended with the rabbit’s feet frozen and sticking out straight while they slipped away, the poor creature was gone. Flo-tess licked her lips and sighed with satisfaction, falling sideways to the ground, and rubbing her tummy affectionately. Her companion quickly came to her side and rubbed her belly as well. It was very swollen with the size of the rabbit within. Jackie found it a little… too interesting.

 

“Excellent catch, Flo-tess! That was a very good pounce. You were positioned exactly right!”

 

“M-m-m, and you startled it in precisely the right direction, thank you, Flo-ren! We made that look very good for our friends.”

 

“Was it yummy?”

 

“Very! And I love the way rabbits feel when they kick a little on the inside…” Flo-tess said with visible pleasure. Leo felt just a little pity for the poor creature. He’d been in the belly of a naga just like that rabbit was in now, only, he’d been let out. He assumed the rabbit would not be. But just when he was putting it out of his mind, Flo-tess stopped rubbing her belly and looked to the other naga. “But, as it is, I don’t need it. Would you mind?” Flo-tess opened her mouth wide and with both hands, stretched her cheeks apart. Without a moment’s hesitation, Flo-ren reached into the other’s mouth with her hand and kept going. Leo and Jackie were dumbfounded. Flo-ren reached deeper and deeper until much of her arm was engulfed. She reached all the way down the throat, seemed to hesitate for a moment, smiled contentedly, and then pulled the rabbit back out by the ears.

 

The rabbit was a little slimy and appeared to be paralyzed from fear, but otherwise seemed no worse for wear. Flo-ren kissed it on the head a few times and stroked its back until it appeared to liven up a little, and she carried it back into the brush, emerging empty handed. Leo thought he understood the reason for the exercise, but Jackie was just staring at the whole ordeal slack jawed. She was having very strange thoughts based on the display.

 

“You, okay?” Leo said from her shoulder, shaking her from her trance.

 

“Oh… yeah. Yeah, I’m fine. Just… why’d you spit it up?” Jackie asked of Flo-tess.

 

“I fed a few weeks ago,” Flo-tess answered.

 

“And… how many weeks can you go without eating?”

 

“Depends on how active I am, but usually six to eight. It gets longer with age, as your growth slows and so does your metabolism.”

 

“Yes,” Flo-ren chimed in, “it’s unfortunate how fast ours is at this age, but we can also take bigger prey! Well, bigger in a relative sense. We’re much more stretchy in our youth!”

 

“Fast?” Jackie said, bewildered. “Whatever you guys say. Anyway, uh… that was pretty neat. What do you need to learn trapping and ensnaring for if you can hunt like that?”

 

“We certainly don’t need to learn it. But it’s very interesting! And if we want to catch something when we aren’t hungry, say, to prepare for you or another human who must eat daily, then we’ll have more tools at our disposal,” said Flo-ren.”

 

“I guess that’s fair. Can’t just scavenge eggs for three squares a day withing a convenient range,” Leo added.

 

“Sure, I suppose,” Jackie began, “but just one more thing. Why’d you have to pull it out?” She asked, directing her question to Flo-ren.

 

“We aren’t very good at bringing things back up on our own yet. We don’t have total control of the first stomach,” she answered.

 

“But to be honest, just feeling Flo-ren do that when we train stimulates the necessary muscles. It’s all good practice, both for hunting and learning to control our bodies,” Flo-tess added. Jackie seemed content with the explanation. She wasn’t sure why nagas needed to know how to spit things up, but was glad to know they could, and didn’t want to ask any more questions. She didn’t want Leo giving her more side eye than he already was. “Now, come. Let us return to the cavern. It will start to get dark soon, and you two are due a second meal. Also, we are celebrating tonight.”

 

“What’re we celebrating?” Leo asked.

 

“Well, in part, adding new honorary members to our tribe. It’s a rare delight! But we will save the totality of those festivities for when your companion, Vela, returns safely from her journey. In the meantime, we are mostly celebrating a successful combat hunt with no casualties. That’s very auspicious! We cannot allow such a success to slip by unmarked. We will name the day, and commit it to our tribe’s annual traditions,” Flo-ren explained.

 

As they began the trek back, Jackie and Leo picked the nagas’ brains for how they tended to celebrate special occasions. They learned that the nagas were fond of intoxication. Made sense. Most species were. Leo was particularly looking forward to a drink Flo-tess described. It was a kind of heady, dark wine with mint overtones. The nagas lacked the palette to knowledgably describe the flavors—merely the ingredients—but Leo was eager to try it, nonetheless.


The nagas apparently also smoked some form of herb native to their mountain top. It was very difficult for nagas to retrieve it on their own because it simply got too cold up there for their kind to traverse. They could only fetch it on the middle of summer and then, only if it had been a mild winter. In that event, they’d send up some smaller nagas to gather it, and one of their larger members to carry it all back down. They were very fond of the weed-leaf, even though its virtues were inconsistent and depended on preparation. Sometimes it merely caused a pleasant, light-headed feeling. Other times, it had caused nagas to imagine strange visions and experience unique perspectives. Leo and Jackie both felt a little hesitant to try it, but inwardly, neither could deny that it sounded rather adventurous.


 

 

After returning to the village in the cavern, Leo and Jackie learned that they were expected to soak for another hour with the rest of the community. Jackie and Leo made no complaints, figuring that there was no harm in being “too clean,” and once again made to bathe and soak with the nagas after eating another warm meal prepared by Flo-tess and Flo-ren under the instruction of Ek-teen.

 

While they were bathing, Jackie asked a question Leo had also been mulling over; namely, where were all the naga men? Ek-teen had merely laughed and pointed to several, sort of androgenous looking, smaller nagas. Evidently there were plenty of men. Leo and Jackie just didn’t know how to look for them. Jackie made to ask, “what distinguished them as men,” but thought better of the question and decided to save it for a smaller audience at another time.

 

After they’d spent an hour or so soaking, as the nagas seemed so fond of doing, Jackie and Leo got dressed again. This time, Jackie put on her own clothes. She was thankful to be wearing something that fit her well again and was very happy to have a real pair of shoes, as even though her feet were as tough as the rest of her, she very much preferred the feeling of protection and mobility that proper footwear offered.

 

As the light coming through the sky hole began to dim and the torches were lit to counter it, they noticed there were many more sources of light on this evening. There were ropes with many lanterns strewn across the cavern, and there were even some paper lanterns set to float about the cavern freely. Ek-teen explained that nothing exposed in the cavern was flammable, really. So, when they were celebrating something, they liked there to be a lot of fire. The flames made all the nagas’ snake-halves glitter beautifully in the flickering light.

 

Jackie had to admit to herself that she was getting used to seeing people slide about on titanic slithering snake bodies instead of legs. It wasn’t really their snake features that had perturbed her. Not entirely. To some extent, her eyes would frequently play tricks on her and it just looked like people were riding strange mounts until she realized there were no legs wrapped around them. No. It was a combination of their snake bodies and their size. She’d been having trouble adjusting to feeling “little.” But then, when she looked at Leo who seemed utterly at ease, this felt all the more ridiculous. She’d been warming up to Flo-ren and Flo-tess because even though they had mass on her overall with their tails, their torsos were those of women much slighter than she was. And ever since she’d first opened her eyes as a “woman” again and seen the form of the large naga gazing down at her tenderly, almost affectionately, she had been fond of Ek-teen.

 

At first, Jackie hadn’t realized there was anything strange or different about her: just a woman there to greet her with a smile after days of violence and uncertainty. Being a werewolf was always so chaotic. There was some mild apprehension as her wits came back to her and she realized that her perspective was skewed and this woman was far too large to be human, and that was before she realized that she had dozens of feet worth of scaley tail to contend with. But the first impression was the lasting one and Ek-teen was a source of comfort. It even seemed fitting and proper that she had been the one to consume the leader of the band of thugs who had been chasing her across the countryside and into the mountains. Jackie recalled feeling the… remnants… of the man so deep within the serpentine tail and once again felt strange. It wasn’t because he was once a man, her kin, and had suffered a terrible fate. It was because she couldn’t help but imagine… something… involving Ek-teen.

 

So, as Jackie sat gathered with Leo and several nagas around a small fire they’d started little ways off from the reflecting pool, her eyes grew a little wide as she saw the large form of the beautiful naga, Ek-teen, gliding swiftly around the pool to meet them. As she came into the light, Jackie admired the ceremonial garbs the woman had chosen to compliment her elegant, tall but slender features on this evening. She had realized that the nagas only wore clothing to fight or to look beautiful, and now she understood how that made a difference. She’d seen this woman’s naked human torso (while doing her best to avert her eyes from the surprisingly human genitalia at the waist) many times over the last couple of days, but sometimes it was about what you could not see, and the decorative, gold-plated, overlapping scales design of the top and bottom Ek-teen was wearing that only barely made her “decent” by human standards did a lot to accentuate her toned belly and cast golden reflections on her strong jaw. Jackie continued to rather obviously check her out until her eyes met with Ek-teen’s own, and she realized that her staring was surely known to the naga. Jackie’s cheeks flashed with heat, and she bashfully looked away for a moment before collecting herself and meeting the naga’s gaze again.

 

“Good evening, Ek-teen. You’re looking…lovely,” Jackie said, attempting to sound casual.

 

“Thank you very much, Jackie. As are you.” The two of them quietly stared at each other for a moment longer. It was long enough for Leo to comprehend that there was something strange between them going on. But before the stare became awkwardly eternal, a few nagas arrived, quietly as ever, but now loudly jostled a large stone basin. When they set it down, the ground shook. Gods their arms are like steel to be able to carry such a large stone even in a group of four, Leo thought. What was more, the stone was full of something special.

 

“Ah! The gulkin has arrived! I cannot wait to sample this batch! Is it very strong, Bar-took?” Flo-tess asked of one of the naga who had carried the large canister up. He nodded.

 

“Oh, yes. It’s a mighty mixture. I am sure it will be a fitting drink to mark the occasion,” the naga named Bar-took said in an assuring tone.

 

“Oh, my yes! I’ve been dying to try this stuff!” Leo said enthusiastically. He produced a clean jar from his satchel. “One of you do me a favor and top me off!”

 

“It would be my pleasure, little one!” Flo-tess said. She reached toward Jackie’s shoulder where Leo had taken to sitting and retrieved the small jar with delicate care. “And for you, Jackie?”

 

“Y-y-y-yes. I think I’ll have a cup. I can’t tell you the last time I’ve had a good, stiff drink.” Flo-tess seemed delighted with this answer. There were several spigots from which to fill one’s cup, so the nagas had all formed as many lines around the giant basin to get their first fill. It wasn’t long before Flo-tess arrived back with Leo and Jackie’s respective cups. Leo watched with admiration as the naga deftly scooped Leo a full jar out from Jackie’s wooden cup.

 

“I hope you won’t begrudge the borrower a drop, Jackie,” she said.

 

“Not since it is only a drop, I suppose,” Jackie responded. They both accepted their cups graciously. Leo took a small, testing sip which he let sit on his tongue a moment before deciding how to “handle” the drink. He was glad he’d taken a small sip. The temperature was surprisingly cool, probably from being kept underground, but the substance was very boozy. It had its own heat. It tasted like a mixture of fermented fruits, but there was a decided bite of something stronger that made the substance burn a little. He swallowed it and it warmed his insides pleasantly. Jackie, who had not taken alcohol in more than a year, coughed initially from a much larger, less cautious gulp, much to the humor of those around her. She ignored their chuckles and took another, more careful sip, but still had to clear her throat after getting it down. “Wow, that’s some serious stuff!” She declared.

 

“Like a fruity gin, but more full-bodied, almost like wine,” Leo followed up. Jackie nodded in agreement.

 

“Not a drink I’d have thought to make. But it’s not bad!” Leo looked around at the nagas who all were waiting for their appraisal. They looked confused at the grade, “not bad.”

 

“‘Not bad,’ is, ‘pretty good,’ guys,” he explained. Cheers resounded. Wooden cups were raised. Everyone drank in big gulps. Leo and Jackie both took another sip as well. Leo wondered what kind of tolerance nagas had, as a people who hardly had to eat. How well could they metabolize booze? He guessed he would soon find out and was determined not to be shown up. Borrowers were known for their drinking prowess insofar as they were known for anything besides stealing (if they were even known at all).

 

They were all conversing and shouting merrily by their second round of gulkin, as it was called, and both Leo and Jackie were realizing that it was a dangerous brew for sure, not to be taken lightly. After a while, Ek-teen rose to her full potential height, erecting her snake body well above the crowd. She thanked everyone who had partaken in “dispelling” the violent intruders the other night. Leo remembered watching the larger naga warriors subduing and swallowing the hunters without much of a hassle and considered that “dispel” might be a misnomer for what had transpired. Ek-teen went on to say that it wasn’t a day of losses, as is always possible whenever conflict becomes necessity, but a day of gains, as they had added three members to their tribe as a consequence of rescuing them. All present cheered. Ek-teen named the three new members, “Jackie the moonchild, Leo the borrower, and Vela the nightwalker. They are all now entwined with us. And now I will name the day.” Everyone grew quiet, attentive to the name the day would be given to be celebrated annually. Ek-teen waited to dramatize the pause. Then, she continued.

 

“The day, which will be celebrated on the night of the second new moon of every summer, will be the ‘New-Moon’s Dawn,’ for it was the second full moon of the summer that brought us Jackie as a wolf, the hunters, and Jackie’s companions, and it was the new moon which gave us Jackie as herself,” Ek-teen concluded. Everyone raised their glasses silently. “We drink to Jackie’s continued safety and health, and to that of her companions, for theirs is the health of the tribe!”

 

Everyone cheered and emptied their cups. Everyone, that is, except for Jackie, who was dumbstruck at the announcement that the day was, in part, dedicated to her. She was stunned to silence until Leo elbowed her in the neck softly to get her attention.

 

“Hey, girl! Lemme scoop another cup if you’re not gonna down it!” The borrower said playfully. Jackie stuttered for a moment, allowed Leo to dip his cup in her own, and then gathered herself.

 

“I-I’m sorry. Cheers, little guy.” He slapped his cup into her own, spilling some, and they both took a big sip, but she didn’t finish the whole thing. She wasn’t trying to get too silly. She had more on her mind than ever and wanted to keep some of her wits about her. She wanted to thank Ek-teen for her words. For her kindness. For her role in rescuing the three of them. For everything. She wanted to convey her gratitude. But gratitude, truth be told, wasn’t the only thing the woman was aching to express. She looked around, and beyond all unlikelihood, couldn’t seem to spot the large naga in the crowd anymore. Where’s she gone? She wondered. But just as the question crossed her mind, she caught the most fleeting glimpse of Ek-teen exiting the cavern through a smaller opening in the back.

 

Just then, Flo-tess and Flo-ten slid up on either side of Jackie. Flo-ren was holding two cups, one for herself and one for the human.

 

“Oh, your cup isn’t empty!” She observed.

 

“You’re a round behind!” Flo-tess followed.

 

“What’s the matter, Jackie? It’s a party!” Leo jeered. Jackie looked into her cup at her own reflection in the dark drink. She made a decision, and suddenly decided she could use the liquid courage after all. She lifted the cup to her lips and gulped it down eagerly.

 

“Ah-h! Wow, that stuff is getting smoother by the sip!” Jackie exclaimed.

 

“That is the idea, Ms. Jackie!” Flo-ren said, taking Jackie’s empty cup and handing her the full one.

 

“Suppose so! Say, um, Leo, would you be comfortable on your own for a bit?” Jackie suddenly asked looking at the borrower on her shoulder. Leo cocked an eyebrow but didn’t want to interrogate the woman.

 

“Eh-h, sure? I guess. But I don’t wanna be on the ground with a bunch of drunken nagas sliding around!”

 

“Oh! I will look after you, Leo!” Flo-tess shouted eagerly. “I will,” ur-r-p! “I will be a very responsible companion!” Leo laughed. He quickly concluded that he’d be as well off with her as anyone and consented to being put in her care. Flo-tess simply leaned forward and, with her hand on Jackie’s shoulder, let Leo walk up her arm. She shivered in delight at having the borrower settle on her shoulder by her straight black hair. “We will see to it he doesn’t get squished!”

 

“Thank you! Sorry about this Leo. I’ll be back… in a while,” Jackie said. With no further explanation, she walked off in the direction she had seen Ek-teen exit the den. Leo was left wondering what was up with her, but as Flo-tess offered him to scoop more drink from her own, he shrugged it off.

 

“This stuff is great!” He said. Truthfully, he’d really taken to the drink.

 

“Just wait for the pothracan,” Flo-tess said.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“The ceremonial herb! It’s supposed to be a great batch this summer. We haven’t had any in a while! I just hope Jackie is back in time to get some before we burn it all.”


“Well, her loss, I guess! In the meantime, let’s be merry! Introduce me to some friends!” Leo suggested. The two nagas yelped in delight and they punched into the crowed.


 

 

Jackie exited the cavern and found herself in a small clearing before the forest closed back up. She focused in the near darkness, the daylight all but completely gone, and saw a trail that looked characteristic of frequent slithering by larger nagas and followed it into the dark woods. After a while, Jackie began to question taking this path, guessing she’d walked a couple of miles, but eventually, she came to another clearing. There were large, broad, flat rocks, and upon one of them, Ek-teen could be seen lounging on her back with a section of her own tail propping up her head. Her hands were clasped peacefully over her abdomen.

 

“Good evening, Jackie. Were the festivities not to your liking? You didn’t even stay long enough to sample the breathing of this year’s pothracan,” she said without turning her head. Jackie briefly wondered how Ek-teen knew it was her, but then realized she was probably the only biped with audible footsteps for miles.

 

“No, that’s not it. I’m sure that’s… gonna be fun. I just… I wanted to see you. I wanted a chance to talk to you.”

 

“You’ve seen and talked to me plenty.”

 

“Not alone,” Jackie said too quickly. The naga’s eyes opened. She turned her head to gaze upon the human.

 

“Alone? Is there something on your mind, Jackie?” The large naga asked attentively. Jackie didn’t know how to answer. Start small.

 

“Do you mind if I sit with you a bit?”

 

“Please, make yourself comfortable. Plenty of room.” Ek-teen patted herself on her own coils next to where she lay. Jackie chewed her lip, then proceeded to climb upon the rock and settled down beside the inhumanly large torso of the woman, leaning against the cool, firm but forgiving flesh of her tail. She thought for a minute before finally speaking.

 

“Thank you for everything you’ve done for us.”

 

“I’m hardly the only one, nor the most generous one whom to thank for your current well-being, Jackie,” the naga said softly.

 

“I know. I have a lot to be thankful for. But I wanted to thank you personally. Also, for what you said back there. I’m not sure I fully grasp the gravity of establishing a new ‘tribal holiday,’ but I feel like I just received a great honor.”

 

“The honor, my friend, was the opportunity you gave us all to rise to the occasion and prove ourselves brave and strong.”

 

“You’re definitely both of those things, and more,” Jackie said, and as she did, her left hand slipped off the cup she’d been cradling in her lap and reached up to stroke the scales behind her head. The gesture did not go unnoticed, and the scaly flesh twitched a little under her light touch. Jackie marveled at the amount of precise muscle control the enormous woman possessed. “You’re much more,” she said quietly.

 

“I’m… flattered to know you think so highly of me, Jackie,” Ek-teen said with a tone that asked without asking: “what do you mean, ‘more?’” Jackie felt compelled to say something else, but she found her throat to suddenly feel very dry. Her right hand clasped the handle of her cup more tightly. She raised the rim to her lips and took a big gulp of the gulkin. It soothed her nerves. It felt warm all the way down. She took a deep breath before blurting the first thing on her mind without thinking.

 

“Ek-teen, would you ever consider… eating me?” Jackie asked. She felt the section of tail behind her stiffen up, Ek-teen’s whole body tensing slightly at the unexpected question before it slowly softened again. There was a moment of utter quiet in which Jackie wished a swift death upon herself to spare her the humiliating fallout of asking such a stupid thing of her benefactor.

 

“Oh…” Ek-teen muttered after a bit. Jackie thought it sounded a little… defeated? Disappointed? It was hard to tell from one sullen syllable.

 

“I’m… I’m sorry. I just…”

 

“It’s fine, dear. I… I understand what you know my kind are capable of, and what… we’ve done… but I genuinely didn’t think that was a fear of yours. I believed you thought better of… us,” Ek-teen said. Jackie knew she meant to say, “thought better of me.” And now it was clear that Ek-teen was saddened at the question.

 

“Wait, I didn’t mean-” Jackie began, but Ek-teen interrupted.

 

“I would never harm anyone who didn’t deserve it, and even then, deserving or not, I’d never harm you, Jackie. So, no. I’d never eat you.

 

“Ek-teen, you don’t understand, what I meant to ask was—"

 

“And besides,” Ek-teen continued, apparently not wanting to hear Jackie attempt to backpedal on the unconscious wound the naga perceived she had doled out, “you’re a child of the moon. You’re not digestible. It’s not as if nagas’ stomachs secrete liquid silver, is it? So, I frankly don’t understand your nonsensical preoccupation with-”

 

“EK-TEEN!” Jackie shouted. The naga fell silent. She looked both surprised and a little hurt. Jackie clearly understood what she had done wrong and the misunderstanding she had caused. She cleared her throat and steeled herself to be more concise. There was no going back now. The naga’s feelings were too hurt. “What I meant to ask was, would you be willing to eat me if I asked you to?” The naga was stunned again. This time she grew more tense than before.

 

“Oh!” She said again. This time much with no mystery in the syllable’s meaning. “So you’re not… you’re not afraid of us?”

 

“I’m not afraid of you, if that’s what you’re really asking,” Jackie said. Ek-teen blushed as dark a red as her ventral bands at having the generalization refocused to pertain directly to her. Jackie wasn’t afraid of her, specifically.

 

“That’s… a relief. I was a little hurt. I misunderstood.”

 

“I get it. Don’t worry about it any of it,” Jackie said, loosely referring to the whole conversation, but Ek-teen wasn’t about to let the issue slip away.

 

“Why, though?” She asked frankly. Now Jackie was blushing. She looked down.

 

“It… seems like it could be… kinda… good.” She said. The naga’s eyes narrowed.

 

“Kind of good?

 

“Yeah. Like it would feel good.”

 

Good in what way?”

 

“Um… like… ya know…,” Jackie was a little out of her depth, as she hadn’t counted on having to defend her position. She thought it would just be understood. But now she had to explain herself and she was flailing. “I mean… Leo and Vela… and Nok-toon… the way he described it… I just thought…”

 

“You’re… curious?”

 

“I am.” Jackie was determined to look anywhere but up at the naga right now, so she flinched a little when she felt the soft touch of a giant hand against her right side, pulling her gently closer to the massive torso.

 

“Jackie. There’s no need to be bashful. What you’re asking isn’t exactly a lot. I just want to understand. May I… lift you up?”

 

“Y-yes!” Jackie said, standing quickly. The naga’s right hand was almost large enough for the fingers to wrap all the way around the muscular woman’s waist, but the way she opted to lift Jackie was much gentler. She slid her index and middle fingers under Jackie’s left armpit, hooked her pinky and ring fingers under her butt, and brought her thumb softly against her chest just below her breasts like a harness. She softly lifted once Jackie wrapped an arm around her fingers securely.

 

Ek-teen lifted Jackie slowly and placed her on her bare belly just above the cloth covering of her ceremonial garments. Jackie tested her footing and deemed it too unstable for standing, and shakily settled down into a cross-legged sit. Ek-teens grip unfurled, but her hand didn’t depart. Instead, it simply rested behind Jackie and provided her something to lean back against which proved helpful as Ek-teen sat up a little. They stared at each other for a minute before Ek-teen broke the silence.

 

“You know… I didn’t slip out of the party to be alone,” the naga said quietly.

 

“No? Then why’d you steal away?” Jackie asked, thinking she knew the answer.

 

“I hoped you might come looking for me. I’ve been getting some… interesting signals from you.”

 

“Is… is that so?” Jackie’s breathing was getting a little labored. This sudden conversational diversion from the previous subject was making her feel exhilarated.

 

“Yes. And when you actually did come looking for me, I was sure you were going to ask me something, but not that. So, when that’s what you asked, I was a little thrown.”

 

“What… did you think I was going to ask you?” Jackie’s heart was pounding.

 

“I thought you were going to ask me to make love,” Ek-teen said coolly. Jackie shuddered with the thrill of hearing such a beautiful, titanic woman even mention the act of love making with her having been in her thoughts. Jackie gulped hard, suddenly realizing she’d dropped the cup and whatever was left of her drink as she was being picked up, which was unfortunate considering how dry her throat suddenly felt.

 

“W-would you…?”

 

“Would I what?”

 

“Want to?”

 

“Yes. Considerably,” Ek-teen said as her thumb came back around and lightly brushed the underside of Jackie’s left breast. She shivered, leaning into the soft digit, even grasping it with her right hand to dissuade it from ceasing the subtle caress. Jackie was swooning. She didn’t know what had gotten into her. Surely this wasn’t just the gulkin taking. She hadn’t had enough for that, though she was thankful for the slight edge it had removed from her nerves. She’d been wanting to get Ek-teen alone all day.

 

“Me too. I want to. I want you,” she said in almost a whimper.

 

“Then why…” Ek-teen said as her fingers curled up around the woman’s torso and slowly began sliding her up the abdomen towards her giant face, “didn’t you ask me that? Why ask if I’d eat you ‘at your request?’” Jackie thought back to her conversation with Leo and what he had said to justify his proclivities.

 

“I think it would be erotic,” Jackie said. Ek-teen smiled subtly and cocked an eyebrow.

 

“To be eaten?”

 

“To be inside you!” Jackie blurted. Ek-teen gasped, momentarily losing her composure. She gathered herself and grinned.

 

“Okay, yes… I agree. And I do want you… inside of me… oh my goodness is that delectable to say out loud!” If Ek-teen had enjoyed saying it, Jackie loved hearing it even more. Just the feeling of being wanted by this woman was making Jackie feel levels of arousal she’d forgotten existed. The giant thumb brushed over her breasts, softly rubbing her nipple on its way by. Jackie’s back arched as she moaned quietly. Her body ached for more.

 

“What’re we waiting for, Ek-teen?” The giantess naga froze as her eyes grew wide. She chewed her lip. Then, her grip grew a little tighter as she slowly drew a very deep breath. Jackie didn’t mean to be pushy, but she was secretly a little afraid of losing her nerve. She wanted to ride this arousal high while her head was still light and loose. “Come, have a taste…” Jackie said, rubbing the Ek-teen’s thumb and her own chest.

 

The giant hand moved quickly, the second one joining it. One under the other, fingers splayed, they were almost Jackie’s height. The naga’s right hand lifted her torso while the left went under her legs, and together they brought the surprised and thrilled Jackie rapidly toward the eager face of Ek-teen, whose long tongue was already sliding past her parted lips. As she was lifting Jackie, her right thumb hooked under her top and lifted it, exposing the woman’s midriff. The naga extended the tip of her tongue and it contacted Jackie’s bare flesh for the first time. Her pronounced abdominal muscles spasmed and flexed hard under the foreign feeling of being tasted by such a large, slick organ. Jackie had subconsciously expected the tongue to be a scaled-up version of her own and therefore bumpy and a little rough with textured taste buds, but it was surprisingly slick and smooth. It felt wonderful.

 

The tongue became narrower and extended dexterously, sliding up the front of Jackie’s top and sticking between her breasts. Jackie writhed and twisted her torso to the right, subconsciously repositioning herself under the tip of the tongue so it would touch her left nipple, which was still hard from the prior fondling by the naga’s thumb. Her goal was easily achieved and the feeling of having her sensitive nipple licked by the delightful tongue was electric. Jackie flinched away from it due to a temporary overstimulation. But she immediately brought both hands up and held the tongue against her breast hard, determined to endure the fullness of the feeling and all its pleasures. The tongue, however, slipped away. Its owner retracted it with a wet slurping sound and smiled through closed lips. Ek-teen’s eyes had been closed too. They fluttered open lazily, blinking a few times as if to clear a haze.

 

“You’re… seriously good enough to eat, cute, little Jackie…” Ek-teen said appraisingly. This made Jackie really melt. She was a tall, brawny, powerful woman and didn’t at all mind being perceived as such, but in the hands of this naga she was this cute, yummy doll, and something about being made to feel that way in an adoring manner was really pressing her buttons. It was unusual, but very welcomed. The naga leaned in and smelled Jackie, running her nose against her body from waist to neck before kissing her square on the face. “And your smell… so many pheromones. You’re positively revving to go aren’t you, dear?” Jackie vigorously nodded in the affirmative. “Well then, only thing stopping me is that cloth.” Jackie immediately pulled her top off and let it fall away carelessly. She then kicked off her shoes and stuck her thumbs into her trousers, wiggling her hips until her bare ass was in the naga’s palm.

 

Ek-teen ate her with her eyes. She’d seen Jackie’s naked body before when the girl changed back from a werewolf and during baths, but this time was different. This time she was naked for her. And this time they were both very much aroused, and Jackie’s tanned, scarred skin was flushed red all over like a whole-body blush, her nipples erect, and her lush mound soaked. Her chest was rapidly expanding and deflating with every excited breath. Her lips were parted and pouting. Her silvery hair was messy with sweat. Ek-teen had a lot in store for the little human if she was up for it all. She was big for a woman. She was fit as a fiddle, but her muscles bulged, and she was taller than some men. Ek-teen hadn’t eaten many humans. She’d never had anyone quite this beefy if she was being honest. But looking at the strong, meaty woman made Ek-teen imagine feeling her fill her up, and not just her stomach. She’s going to feel so good inside me.

 

The naga’s tongue slid back out subconsciously as she was compelled to taste Jackie again. Seeing it coming, Jackie had the strange urge to brace herself. Now naked, she felt like she’d completely given herself over to this woman for the taking. Her eyes grew wide as some primal instinct instructed her that a huge naga coming in for a lick was somehow a bad thing, but then the tongue once again made contact, this time with the outside of her left ankle. It slid across her skin smoothly as it worked its way up and across her shins, and it brushed the inside of both thighs, parting her legs slightly as the tip squished her labia in passing. Bliss.

 

“Gods…” Jackie gasped with a squeak. Ek-teen chuckled but continued the lick until her tongue flicked both of Jackie’s breasts and finished with a kiss on her face. She then opened her mouth inhumanly wide for Jackie to peer into, amazed. Am I really going in there? It’s so dark and tight looking! Jackie thought. She wasn’t backing down. But her mind went to Leo. This seemed a little scary, no doubt about it. And he was so small! But perhaps it was a little less intimidating when it wasn’t quite so tight!

 

As if to punctuate her thoughts, Ek-teen suddenly swallowed open-mouthed with a loud gluck! Jackie’s eyes were wider than an owl’s. She was suddenly unsure if she’d even fit as she struggled to imagine that happening with her inside. Ek-teen, meanwhile, was eying Jackie attentively as she put her maw on display for the woman. She wanted to give her a neat display of what she was asking for. As she assessed the expression, she thought she saw excitement, not fear. The woman certainly smelled excited if nothing else, and those chemicals didn’t tell lies.

 

Ek-teen was convinced she was correct when she saw Jackie reach out with her right hand to touch the smooth surface of her tongue past the threshold of her lips and teeth. She rubbed the inside of her mouth and Ek-teen thought she heard Jackie whisper, “so soft and warm.” Ek-teen hadn’t been sure how Jackie would actually react to playing out her initial request. But now she believed Jackie knew what she wanted, and she saw no point in delaying any longer. She had a lot she wanted out of her night. Best get started. She moved Jackie into her mouth.

 

As the world grew a little dimmer and the black pit at the back of the steamy maw leapt forward, Jackie suffered a temporary, total termination of thought. She watched as her hand slid against the slick tongue and moved toward the back. Her head cleared the plump lips. In the blink of an eye, she was watching her hand squeeze into the tightness of the dark throat. Her head bumped into the back. It was angled down, her chin tucking tightly into her chest, and she stared into total blackness, unable to even see her right arm and hand that went before her. She felt the throat muscles flex and she was pulled in a couple of feet, her butt bumping into the upper lip that was now stretched taught. The whole mouth was stretching to accept her. It was also squeezing. It was tight. She began to worry she couldn’t breathe even though her breaths were coming faster by the second. Jackie thought she might hyperventilate.

 

It was too much, too fast.

 

“Wait… wait, WAIT!” She cried, and with her left arm she began to thrash and grope for a handhold. The throat momentarily became even tighter as she felt it constrict around her, but she did not proceed deeper. She was merely being held in place as she felt another form of pressure applied to her legs. Before she could make sense of it, she was yanked back out and lied soaked and sputtering in the palms of Ek-teen’s hands. The naga looked very concerned.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked frantically. “Are you hurt?”

 

“No,” Jackie said, and coughed. As she caught her breath, she repeated. “No, no, I’m fine. Just. I wasn’t ready for how tight it was going to be. I just wasn’t ready.”

 

“Do… would you prefer to table this endeavor for now, or…?”

 

“No! Sorry. No. I still want to do this,” Jackie interjected. Truthfully, at this point Jackie wasn’t entirely sure why she wanted to see this through. It hadn’t been quite what she’d imagined. If it was too scary, why push it? But for some reason she felt compelled to continue, as if backing down now would be a reproach of Ek-teen, and it would make Jackie feel oddly defeated. No, she wanted to try this. I want to know what it’s really like.

 

“Okay, Jackie. But…” Ek-teen hesitated. “If it’s just a matter of… you wanting to be eaten, I imagine… well… Nok-toon would probably be happy to facilitate and she’s much bigger than I am, so, it might prove more comfortable,” she suggested. Ek-teen was sure she’d be able to swallow her herself now that she’d had her that deep inside, but she’d never had to spare a thought for the comfort of whatever creatures she sent sliding down into her depths and truthfully didn’t know if there was any way to satisfy Jackie’s request in a way that was mutually pleasurable. Jackie’s face went blank for a moment as she imagined being consumed by the enormous Nok-toon. She blinked the visage away and wore a stern look.

 

“It’s not just about experiencing it, Ek-teen. I like you. I want to do this with you—be inside you. We can pull this off. I’ll be okay. Just give me a minute,” Jackie said in defense of her insistence. Ek-teen was about to suggest alternative means for getting the human inside her if that’s all she wanted when Jackie said, “Okay. Headfirst is no good.” Jackie put her feet together and raised them up off Ek-teen’s palm, making an obvious offer of them to the large naga. “Feet first it is,” she finished, trying to sound confident and suggestive. She wanted to restore the mood. Ek-teen glanced at the human’s little feet and then back to her eyes understandingly.

 

“You’re still set on this?”

 

“Don’t you want to?”

 

“I’m quite sure I’ll enjoy consuming you, Jackie…” Ek-teen licked Jackie’s feet playfully and the woman giggled a little. “Okay. We’ll give it one more go.”

 

“I’ll be okay. I’m sure it’s safe. I’ll just get a little squished.”

 

“Are you reassuring me, or yourself? I personally love the feeling of being overfull…” Jackie blushed at the naga’s words.

 

“You think I’ll be satisfying?”

 

“I know it. You just have to let me do my thing and get… you… down,” Ek-teen said, swallowing at the end and rubbing her tummy. “You’ll be right here, and you’ll make my first stomach very distended. But you’ll fit.” As Ek-teen finished her little speech, Jackie felt herself getting worked up again. Her heartrate was increasing at the idea, and she was staring at the naga’s midsection wondering how big a bump she’d make.

 

“Okay. Let’s do this. Slurp me up…”

 

“M-m-m, alright. Hands at your sides, girl. I’ll try to make this gentle, smooth, and as quick as can be painless.” Jackie did as she was told, and Ek-teen raised her above her head in both hands and began to feed the woman to herself feetfirst. Her jaw fell open and once again her long tongue rolled out and hung low. The tip of it could extend so far that she began to lick the inside of Jackie’s thighs immediately after the woman’s feet touched the base of it within the steaming maw.

 

Ek-teen didn’t slurp her up all at once. She paused a moment to suck on the woman’s legs while her tongue wrapped around them and teased her playfully. Then, she deliberately forced her tongue between Jackie’s thighs and flicked it once more across her now extremely sensitive vagina. Far from a precise probe, it was still more than sufficient to elicit a happy moan from the human as she shivered and squirmed while doing her best to remain still. But Ek-teen was in a teasing mood now, and she continued “accidentally” licking Jackie’s most sensitive area.

 

“Oh-h-h, Ek-teen! You… ugh! You know exactly what you’re doing…” Jackie complained, and her right hand left her side and moved over to rub herself. Ek-teen chuckled throatily at the success she was having and redoubled her efforts. She really wanted to get Jackie going before taking her any deeper this time. She wanted the woman focused on the pleasure aspects she had envisioned in all this instead of letting her head ruin it by focusing on little pesky things like claustrophobia.

 

The naga began a more concentrated, less coy attack on Jackie’s now dripping vagina, and the woman began to twitch and buck a little more wildly, her fingers occasionally slipping inside of herself for a few plunges before getting out of the giant tongue’s way and making quick circles on her clitoris again. She’s eating me out before she eats me. This is so amazing. I’m not sure how much more of her touch I can take. It’s been so long. She tried to tell the naga to slow down but found herself incapable of forming coherent words.

 

As Jackie’s attempts at speech became erratic gasps and moans, Ek-teen made a decision. She closed her lips around the waist of the struggling woman and sucked on her legs while her tongue made a few final aggressive passes at her deliciously dripping arousal that was edging closer and closer to bursting and spilling over with every passing moment. Jackie’s legs took up Ek-teen’s entire mouth. Her feet were pinned against one another, already inside the snug throat, and her knees were bent at about the back of her tongue where it began to taper off into the drop. Jackie’s thighs took up the entire length of Ek-teen’s mouth. Even as she prepared to initiate the first of what would be several pulls, Ek-teen could tell this position would be much more ideal.

 

Jackie was so close she was making nonsensical whimpering noises. So, she was only vaguely aware when the mouth that was bringing her so much pleasure began to become more active. In her foggy mind, it was only logical that as she drew near her peak, the mouth would finish with her, in a manner. Then, it occurred to her what that meant, but she didn’t care. She threw her head back and cried out with delight as she felt her butt pop over the bottom lip and her feet inter the tightness that seemed to dreadful before, but now it felt outstanding. She wanted to feel that tightness envelop her entirely. She desired to feel it quickly creeping up her body, swallowing her.

 

She froze for a moment, two of her fingers being squeezed by the compulsively twitching muscles of her own vaginal canal. She was willing the final wave to wait just a few tantalizing seconds. She opened her eyes and looked up at Ek-teen, whose eyes were also locked on her face. Jackie simply nodded aggressively three times. It was the closest thing to a resounding “yes” she could muster.

 

The pressure on her feet and ankles increased and Jackie felt it roll up her legs past her knees and bear down on her thighs in almost the same instant. She remembered at the last possible second to flatten her left hand against her hip, but as for her right hand, she thought she could get away with leaving it where it was. The second wave of squeezing, soft, but irresistible pressure came, and her spine arched drastically as her butt went over the edge. At the end of that surge, Jackie found that she was being held tightly by smooth, taught flesh all the way up to her shoulders. Her head was taking up all the space in the back of the throat. Her fingers began sliding in and out of herself again as Ek-teen gulped once more and for the final time.

 

With a loud glek that echoed in the open, empty mouth, Jackie disappeared.

 

Her ears were blocked by the tightness of the throat that rapidly slid past them on either side. All she could hear was a muffled series of guttural sounds and the surprisingly slow but seemingly omnipotent thud of the enormous heart somewhere close by. Jackie found herself holding her breath and clenching her jaw as she took the plunge, the fingers she was using to pleasure herself dug in deep and curled forward hard, almost pressed back into her own palm through her vagina’s front wall. Her g-spot being squeezed as tightly as the rest of her body, the climax was as primed as it possibly could be. So, the moment the pressure eased up a little and Jackie felt her feet hit resistance while she was deposited into the stomach of her giant friend and she was forcibly curled into the fetal position, she began to scream and thrash from total orgasmic delight, pushing desperately against the slick folds that bound her snugly in place with her almost inhuman strength in an effort to freely writhe from the intensity of the completion.

 

On the outside, Ek-teen marveled at the enormity of the bulge Jackie made within her first stomach. But before she could adjust to it, the bulge spread out and squirmed magnificently. The naga cried out and placed both hands on her belly, curling up in a subconscious attempt to quell the fury of the woman within. It hurt a bit, but it was a novel hurt— a good hurt. No doubt this was the largest and strongest “prey” she had ever ingested, and it felt profound to feel the human put up such a delicious struggle, especially since Ek-teen understood the struggle was just the result of a doubtlessly outstanding orgasm that she had helped to bring about.

 

She couldn’t lie and say she didn’t suffer an urgent impulse to relieve herself of the feeling by squeezing the human through the next tight sphincter, out from her less powerful first stomach and into the much larger, deadlier second one beneath. That’s what she was accustomed to doing with such large, violent animals once swallowed, and it always felt sublime to experience that sudden release that led to such deep fullness. But Jackie was no animal, and Ek-teen was old enough to be more than capable of resisting such compulsions. The woman would calm down momentarily. Ek-teen closed her eyes and rested her hands loosely on the squirming bulge and enjoyed the turmoil, riding it out. She’s climaxing so violently just from entering me. This really is all quite arousing… Ek-teen mused.

 

Jackie continued in her throes of desperate self-pleasure while the walls around her were stretched to their limits by her spastic struggles. It was a sensual overload that she hadn’t really been prepared for. Oh, how she wished that somehow, she could still feel Ek-teen’s tongue upon her labia while she was wrapped up and embraced tightly by the same naga’s stomach. Images of the whole experience were racing through her brain as not one, but two orgasms rolled by. The second was not nearly so explosive as the first, characterized by gasping and twitching just a little more than she had been as she came down from the initial one.

 

Finally, the tension in her limbs seemed to give out as if a marionette had been unstrung. As her body slackened, she curled up into a tighter ball than before, because she was finally succumbing to the elasticity of the stomach around her. Jackie sighed deeply as her breathing caught up to her, and she slowly calmed down and became aware of the more subtle aspects of her environment. It wasn’t oppressively hot or even very difficult to breathe as she had assumed. That wasn’t to say it was cool. But Jackie thought it was, perhaps, a few degrees below her own, natural internal temperature. It was pitch black, though that wasn’t a trifle, but a relaxing thing. Her ears were stimulated by many sounds of the naga’s internal systems busying about her, and there was always that slow, steady, powerful thudding of the naga’s powerful heart. Above all, it was slick. Jackie was covered from head to toe in thick slime, but it didn’t burn. She presumed this stuff wasn’t meant for flesh. Her hair was stuck to her face in thick clumps from it all. She rubbed herself with her hands to get a feel for it. It was strange, but not at all unpleasant.

 

After a few minutes of what qualified as stillness when compared to the prior chaos, Jackie heard the somewhat muffled voice of her benefactor coming through the stomach walls.

 

“Jackie, are you able to understand me clearly?” Ek-teen asked. Jackie perked up at the sound of the naga’s soft voice.

 

“Yes, I can hear you!” She said, rather loudly.

 

“I can hear you as well,” Ek-teen said, rubbing the large belly bump affectionately. Now that the woman had calmed down, she was finally starting to get used to the feeling of being stretched so much for so long. Normally she’d never have put up with it.

 

“Ek-teen, I don’t think I’ve ever felt that… sexy!” Jackie confessed.

 

“Really now? What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t know. Just, I’ve never felt that physically turned on, and I’ve never felt like anyone was so into me as when I was in your mouth. Your tongue…” Jackie shivered at the recent memory of being tasted by the massive organ and felt a thrill of sensuality scorch through her. “Your tongue is something else.” Ek-teen felt immensely flattered at the woman’s praise. She was very pleased to have facilitated such a singular, top-tier experience. She felt very fond of the human.

 

“What about the rest? Did you enjoy it? Was being swallowed everything you’d hoped?”

 

“Getting inside of you was more than I’d dreamed. Being in you now is wonderfully relaxing. I see what Leo was getting at. You eating me was very erotic. What’s it like having me inside you?”

 

“I have to admit, it’s getting more thrilling by the second. It was a little intense at first, but now that I’ve adjusted to you, I feel extremely satisfied. Your words are really resonating with me, Jackie. I just love hearing how good it was and still is for you. I’ll confess, when I directed Vela to Nok-toon the other night, I did so as a good host and tribal matriarch. She was the obvious match for such a thing, and it would have been selfish and silly for me to take it on just because I was curious… but I was a little jealous, especially when Leo volunteered to go in as well. It was only worsened when I realized they all derived such pleasure from it, and my curiosity increased. But even though a small seed of desire was planted, and I found the concept intriguing, I never would have suggested it… because out of your group, I found you the most attractive, Jackie, and I’d never have dreamt it would be something you’d go in for,” Ek-teen confessed.

 

Jackie was a little shocked at the long divulgence. But once it sunk in that Ek-teen had fancied her the most of her trio, all she really felt was gratitude and flattery. It was a little difficult for her to accept that she was “most desired” of any group, let alone one so unique as hers. She understood why someone might be more interested in her than a four and some change inch tall borrower for practical reasons, but who could possibly compare to Vela? Jackie’s cheeks were deep red. She didn’t really know what to say.

 

“Well, I obviously went in for it…” she said. The naga smiled.

 

“You certainly did. I’m really glad you did.”

 

“Ek-teen… you should… let me out.”

 

“Why, aren’t you comfortable?”

 

“I am. I really am. But… you just made me feel very special, and I’m gonna have a hard time paying you back from in here… if you know what I mean…” Jackie said implicitly. Ek-teen understood. It was everything she’d hoped to hear. Her heart fluttered and she felt almost nervous at the mere thought.

 

“Oh my… very well. Let me get you out of there. I’d say hold on tight, but you’re about to be held onto tightly…” Ek-teen said. She leaned forward and cupped her hands in front of her face and started a series of undulations that could be seen as a sort of “rolling” from her waist up to her stomach from the outside. As the waves reached the stomach, each a little more intense than the last, the bulge was forced up underneath the naga’s ribs until it disappeared. Ek-teen’s face turned a little red from the exertion, but soon enough, her neck expanded, followed by her jaw, and then her mouth opened extremely wide while Jackie’s head emerged from her taught lips. Ek-teen caught Jackie in her hands and extracted her from her mouth with startling swiftness. One moment, Jackie had been inside the stomach being squeezed from all sides harder than ever before, and seconds later she was lying facing upwards in the naga’s hands, gazing into her watery eyes.

 

Ek-teen shivered and set Jackie back down on her belly while she rubbed her throat and the sides of her jaw, clearly a tad bit sore from passing the woman through them twice in such short order.

 

“Sorry, I’m not used to such a large meal,” Ek-teen teased, wiping some moisture from her eyes. “And at that, I usually only have to deal with passing it once every few months, not twice in under an hour.”

 

“Well… thanks for dealing with the consequences for me…” Jackie said, a little sorry for having caused any discomfort to the naga. “I… saw one of the little one’s pull a rabbit out of the other’s stomach earlier today and thought… ya know… I’d be no sweat for you,” Jackie said.

 

“Ha! Oh, did you, now? Interesting source of inspiration. Well. It’s alright. I’m honestly not sure which of us would suffer more from the alternative.”

 

“You mean… if you were to have passed me along into your… second stomach.”

 

“Yes. There’s no way you’d be able to pass all the way through me, and I’m sure I’m incapable of digesting you, but I’m also certain my body’s attempt to do so would be very unpleasant for you as well, to say the least.” Jackie considered the naga’s words carefully. She imagined what it would be like to slide into a presumably larger, more potently acidic chamber that was able to maim, but not kill her. She considered the long-term consequences for herself and her host. It wouldn’t be good. Still though…

 

“It… would be bad. Of course. But… not at first, I suspect,” Jackie said meekly.”

 

“Now why would you think that?” Ek-teen asked with renewed interest.

 

“Being squeezed through another of your entrances and ending up in a deeper, more remote part of your body with more room to move around doesn’t sound all bad…” Jackie said. Ek-teen’s jaw dropped as she sharply drew breath. But she recovered quickly.

 

“Oh, but Jackie, I have just the place for you, and it doesn’t come with any of the inherent risks associated with the place you had in mind… in fact…” Ek-teen’s hands moved behind where Jackie was seated on her belly and both slid under the gold-plated sheet that covered her most sensitive region, “it’s perfectly safe for both of us, and I’m more eager to have you get acquainted with it than I’ve ever wanted to consume anything even at my most famished state.” Jackie was almost startled at the naga’s erotic candor.

 

“You have… another hunger I can satisfy?”

 

“Hungrier than I’ve ever been… if only you knew,” Ek-teen said in her most sultry voice yet. Jackie was already planning on somehow reciprocating what the naga had done for her sexually, but Jackie was almost the length of Ek-teen’s forearm, so she’d never imagined the naga’s current implication was an option. All of me? Now she was aching to see just how happy she could make her host. But she was learning that she enjoyed building anticipation, so she verbally pressed the naga’s buttons.

 

“And just how singular is this hunger? How long since you’ve… sated it?” Jackie asked. Ek-teen appeared to consider this question seriously.

 

“Decades, Jackie,” she said. Jackie was shocked. She’d taken the nagas, in general, as a highly promiscuous species with a frequent penchant for pleasuring one another. So, why had it been so long since Ek-teen had been gratified? No matter. This wasn’t the time to ask such questions. Whatever the reason, she was determined to see to it the naga’s needs were met.

 

Decades? You… must really want this.”

 

“Jackie, I don’t know if it’s because of what we’ve just done, or because of how novel and amazing what I anticipate what we’re about to do is, but never even minding how long it’s been, I’ve never wanted or needed it like I do right now. So… please…” The naga’s hands disappeared from view behind her back and her top fell away, exposing her relatively slight breasts to Jackie before the giant hands swiftly went south and removed the elegant “loincloth” that had hung over her privates, “please, give me that strong body. Let’s really entwine.”

 

Jackie turned to look back at the naga’s lower torso where it transitioned into her snake-self. Right at the hips, where legs should have started, there was a clean line where her tanned skin turned into a matrix of scales that arched downward below her abdomen and suddenly stopped near the middle where the naga’s womanhood began. Jackie hadn’t allowed herself to stare at this region for long before but had noticed at a glance that it looked rather similar for both the women and the apparent men amongst the nagas—like simple labia on the surface. Ek-teen’s were a little lighter than the rest of her human skin, and they extended probably two feet into the scaly section of her tail before the scales once again took over.

 

If there really was an anatomical difference between the men and the women, Jackie supposed it took place behind these lips. In part, she was nervous about finding out the differences between Ek-teen’s anatomy and her own by experiencing it blindly. But then, she’d been swallowed by the naga, and it had been exquisite, and the naga had told her that this would more or less reflect what Jackie had described as desirable about hypothetically entering her second stomach, and that’s roughly what Jackie would expect of what was essentially a giant vagina, only Ek-teen’s must be proportionately much deeper.

 

Come on, Jackie, you know you’ll love it even if it’s just because it gets Ek-teen off, so just go for it! She thought. In truth, she was physically consumed by lust for the naga now. She’d probably have gone in for it even if it were covered in spikes or something, though Jackie was quite thankful that didn’t appear to be the case.

 

Jackie took a deep breath and got to her feet. She took a few shaky steps down the naga’s abdomen, but found the footing became more stable as she got to the waistline where the skin turned to scales. She quickly knelt before the large slit and placed her hands on either side of it. She envisioned herself just diving right in headfirst but knew better. Firstly, she knew that she preferred to go in feetfirst for this sort of thing now. Secondly, that would be no fun. Slow is better.

 

She placed her right hand along the inside edge of the naga’s left labia and softly stroked it. The abdominal muscles below her twitched and somehow shifted Jackie further down. She once again marveled at the naga’s inhuman muscle control. She placed both hands on the labia and attempted to spread them, but try as she might, and despite her considerable human strength, she wasn’t very successful. That said, the efforts drew a gasp and a hiss from her friend behind her.

 

“Oh, Jackie… it feels amazing just to be touched… there.”

 

“I can relate, though not to the extent I’m sure you feel. I’m… eager to make you feel good. How… should we…?” Jackie began to ask.

 

“Together, I think, is how we’ll have the most luck proceeding with this… I haven’t been penetrated in so long that I’m… concerned you won’t be able to get very far alone. Here… let me just…” the naga’s hands approached from either side and settled down beside either labium. The large fingers pressed and spread, and Jackie gawked at what she saw. Even in the dark of night, the flesh inside shone light pink and reflected wetly. There were thick strands of sticky fluids connecting the walls of the tunnel to each other. There didn’t appear to be anything resembling a clitoris, but when she reached back out with her right hand and rubbed where she thought one ought to be, Ek-teen gasped and then moaned with pleasure. For the sake of experiment, Jackie rubbed the underside of the hole as well, and elicited an almost identical response.

 

“You nagas are really sensitive all over down here, huh?” She remarked quietly. She was almost jealous.

 

“We’re sensitive… all the way down and throughout… Jackie… perhaps even more as you go,” she said between breaths. Jackie considered this with renewed envy and admiration.

 

“So… penetration…”

 

“Penetration is blissful,” Ek-teen said breathily. Jackie imagined what it would be like to have the same or even greater sensitivity as her clit or G-spot all throughout her vaginal canal and was awestruck. Then, she considered how amazing it had felt to be touched for the first time in a while, and her definition of “a while” wasn’t much more than a year. She realized that her every move was going to be electric to the naga. She looked back at Ek-teen and grinned while she fell backwards and placed her butt on the naga’s waist just above the entrance. Then, she placed her left foot next to one labium, and with her right, she slowly rubbed the top, inside portion. Ek-teen moaned, her hands faltering slightly, causing the entrance to close around Jackie’s right foot. Without the immensely strong hands holding it open, Jackie was shocked by the tightness. It was otherworldly. She felt that her circulation was already cut off and her right foot below the entrance throbbed a little after mere moments of the sustained pressure of the muscular ring around her ankle.

 

“Ek… Ek-teen! It’s… you’re so tight!” Jackie shouted with surprise. Ek-teen quickly recovered and once again spread her labia for Jackie. The relief to her right foot was immediate, though it tingled a little. “I thought I was going to lose that foot!”

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll loosen up. You’ll see. And it’s really only the entrance that is that constricting. Though I’m… quite sure the rest of me is rather snug at this point. P-please don’t be afraid,” Ek-teen pleaded. Jackie considered this. She’d hate to feel that brunt of that constriction around her neck. She thought it would choke her out in seconds! But even though this was a different sort of fright than what she’d done with Ek-teen already, it was less intimidating in nature. Ek-teen seemed sure it wouldn’t be a problem, and while Jackie realized she might be so desperate as to say whatever she might need to at this point, so close as she was to getting a good and proper penetration, Jackie was also surer the naga would never mislead her into real peril.

 

“It’s okay, Ek-teen… just make sure to hold your entrance open. Don’t wanna get my head squeezed off before I’m… all the way through.”

 

“M-m-m-m, yes! Of course! How I want you all inside me down there! How—how’s this?” The naga slipped her right index and middle fingers into her hole and pulled them to the right, unevenly presenting the tunnel within. “I won’t lose my grip like this. And like I said, I’ll loosen up. I just wasn’t ready for you to… to touch my insides,” Ek-teen said a little imploringly. Jackie dipped her right foot back into the hold tentatively. The naga winced from the pleasure, but her fingers kept the hole open. That said, Jackie could see the hole flex and grow narrower as far in as she could see. Not only did the naga’s equivalent of a vagina appear to be wildly sensitive, but it appeared to have peristaltic muscular responses all the way down as well. This was really going to be something…

 

Jackie threw caution to the wind and slid her left foot in next to her right. Both sets of toes were rubbing against the bottom wall of Ek-teen’s tunnel. The naga moaned again and continued to do so with every exhalation as Jackie scooted her butt forward and slid her feet deeper until she was in up to her knees.

 

“Hu-u-u-h! H-u-u-u-h! Hn-n-n-n-g! Oh gods!” The giant being cried. “Wait! Wait there. That’s enough for a moment. Oh, gods in all realms, if you keep going that quickly I’ll faint. Worlds!” Ek-teen seemed to be in quite the state. Jackie felt good about having had such an impact already with so little of herself inside. Still, she didn’t want to feel too accomplished having not done much, even if half the appeal of the act to Ek-teen was simply the fact that it was she, Jackie, who was doing it. The human absently wiggled her toes against the walls within, and Ek-teen practically shrieked. She was clearly caught off guard, and without even letting her fingers slip out, the tunnel constricted and squeezed Jackie’s lower legs possessively. Hungrily. It was awesome power, though Jackie noted that the severity of pressure along the entrance had lessened significantly, as promised. Interesting.

 

“Jackie! I said to wait! I’m sorry to have squeezed you so hard, I just—”

 

“It’s fine. I’m fine. I know it’s my fault. But it wasn’t as tight this time. Honest.”

 

“R-really? Thank heavens… sorry. I really want this to be easier. I’m just… so, so-o-o-o sensitive to your touch, and I’m… I’ve gotten so tight.” Ek-teen paused for a minute to compose herself. As she did so in silence, Jackie felt the muscles wrapped around her legs below the knees loosen up until there was once again a visible tunnel around them. “Okay… are you ready to go… deeper?”

 

“So ready,” Jackie said, and without warning, biting her lip mischievously, she placed her hands on either side of her knees and picked up her butt, abruptly sliding herself inside up to her hips. The naga did lose her grip this time, her right hand’s fingers slipping away as her torso fell earthward with a crash. Anyone still sober back at the party would doubtlessly have felt that if they hadn’t heard the giantess naga’s cries of pleasure already.

 

Jackie had taken a calculated risk. She knew her hips were both wide and very strong and she believed she could handle even the worst of Ek-teen’s super, kegel-like constrictions on that part of her body, but the constrictions seemed less severe, or perhaps just less capable the more of herself that had been inserted and the wider they had been stretched. Though they held her snugly in place now by natural elasticity alone. Jackie experienced a strong, strange, peristaltic wave course through the tunnel hugging her legs and felt the tight ring of muscle around her hips climb an inch or two. The motion was accompanied by a loud, wet schlick! The sensation was wonderful. She braced her hands against the sides of the labia again, but the waves within continued at a steady rhythm and Jackie wondered if they got going strongly and quickly enough whether the sex organ might actually be able to “swallow” her against her best efforts to resist.

 

Ek-teen lied on her back gasping for air for a few minutes, occasionally squeaking the word “wait” in a barely intelligible manner. She struggled to sit up again, bracing herself on her elbows.

 

“That… was dirty… and dangerous, little girl…” the naga said. She didn’t sound the least bit upset though. “You just doubled the depth and tripled the girth inside me in a second!”

 

“Did you like it?” Jackie asked, feigning a little bashfulness. She wiggled her hips a little. The naga smiled, and, biting her lip while closing her eyes, she let out a groan and flexed the muscles in her vaginal canal which rippled and pulled on Jackie’s body, swallowing her up another couple of inches.

 

“I loved it! And that! I’ve… got you right where I’ve wanted you all-l-l-l evening, Jackie. Go ahead and try to escape!” She teased. But to humor her, Jackie did plant her hands hard against the flesh on both sides of her labia and tried to muscle her way back out. She had a little success, but to combat it, the naga grunted from flexing the inner muscles again, and her progress was undone. One inch forward and two inches back.

 

“Wow, fuck…” Jackie whispered. Ek-teen smiled knowingly. “You’re overpowering me with your vagina alone…” Jackie said. She twisted around again for a look at Ek-teen’s eyes. The naga was grinning from ear to ear and raised and lowered her eyebrows a couple times.

 

“I’m going to keep doing that harder and faster until you vanish within me, human…” She said with faux menace.

 

“How deep does it go?” Jackie asked, pitching her voice a little higher than usual.

 

“Deeper than you are tall with a few feet to spare…”

 

“Fuck… gods…”

 

“And once you’re gone, I don’t think I’ll be seeing you until morning…”

 

Morning? Ek-teen! I…”

 

“Shh-h-h-h, there’s no need to worry. Once you’ve finished me off, you’ll be able to squirm out if you please. But… I… suspect that I actually will pass out…” Ek-teen explained. Jackie got the picture. She had only partially been teasing. Jackie smiled, once again eager to pleasure her host.

 

“Well then, hope this helps!” And with that, the human began to kick her feet deep inside the naga’s loins, the effect of which was a loud yelp and a sudden series of strong kegel action on the part of the naga. Jackie was quite quickly drawn in several more inches, the tight entrance now overtaking her navel, but she kept it up. Ek-teen was moaning so much it sounded like outright crying for help, but the only name she said between cries was Jackie’s, and no one was going to be coming… save for her…

 

Jackie groaned from exertion as the tunnel sucked her in past the bottom of her ribs. It got a little difficult to breathe, and she grunted with exertions as she tried to fight against the strength of the clearly superior muscles and get a deep breath. That’s when Jackie felt the naga’s right hand overtake her again. Ek-teen placed an index finger on Jackie’s left shoulder and her middle and ring fingers on her right, and without warning, she pressed down on Jackie with fast, concise force. Jackie didn’t have a chance to cry out before she was stuffed all the way down to her armpits. She considered asking the naga to wait, but somehow understood that this action was only partly voluntary and chose to use her time more wisely. She brought her hands up and clasped them around her ears and tucked her elbows against her breasts, her forearms becoming a sort of guard for her neck so it wouldn’t have to take the brunt of the entrance’s muscles on its own.

 

Ek-teen moaned and hissed, stuffing Jackie all the way inside herself with an audible squelch!  

 

 “Oh-h-h-h-h, yes-s-s-s-s-s…” the naga cooed while her popped out from her tunnel with loud, wet slurping noises. She rested her hand over the entrance, rubbing herself as she once again got used to the sensation of being very, very full.

 

Jackie, meanwhile, allowed herself a moment to relax and get her bearings. Now inside the giantess naga for the second time, she assessed what spending presumably more time inside here than the stomach would be like in this new environment and found it to be quite welcoming. It didn’t take her more than a few meager seconds to discover that this was everything she had hoped for when she had somewhat wistfully and not quite seriously described what she’d imagined the naga’s second stomach would be like.

 

It was utterly black and felt very remote, as if nothing and no one on the outside could affect her now. It was soft and warm, if a couple degrees cooler than even the belly had been. It was much roomier than Ek-teen’s first stomach was, which allowed Jackie to actually stretch out as opposed to staying in the fetal position. She did just that, stretching as wide and stiff as she could, an act which swiftly brought the seemingly pliant walls back against her in swift fashion. Jackie was suddenly squished quite tightly by the living walls around her, and she was dragged even deeper into the tunnel as it happened. She could hear Ek-teen’s delighted moans of sweet affirmation from somewhere seemingly far off, and that made her remember just how sensitive the naga was in here. Her every single move, no matter how small, was enough to drive Ek-teen wild. Jackie smiled and began to throw herself about, driving her elbows into the squishy, soft flesh as it fought her back and pulled her deeper until she seemed to bottom out. At that point, all the force upon her seemed to want to squeeze her back into a ball like when she’d been in the stomach, but she was determined not to let that happen.

 

Ek-teen came in seconds once she felt Jackie reach the deepest part of her nethers. She really was a lot more sensitive the deeper one delved, and Jackie was more aggressive in her resistance at the bottom than ever before. In no time she had the enormous naga literally crying for her to stop, but not really wanting her to, which was fortunate, because the human couldn’t seem to hear her pleas. Her consistent, inhumanly strong efforts kept Ek-teen squirming and thrashing for a half-hour all told… and she gave the naga three orgasms. The second had been the absolute peak, as she had actually had some time to build up to it, unlike the first, which had “come as a surprise.” Her tail thrashed around and took down a few nearby small trees unfortunate enough to defy her blissful abandon.

 

The third had almost been like a comedown. At that point, Jackie was well aware of her successes and had nearly ceased in her motions, but then decided to work on herself, and while she masturbated and built toward her own third orgasm, she squirmed back up to about the middle of the naga’s canal and rhythmically gyrated her hips in sync with her self-pleasure which got the naga going as well, who also masturbated, an act that wasn’t missed to the human, even if her fingers didn’t quite reach her head.

 

They finally finished at the same time in what was the third climax for them both on that evening, though they’d “gotten theirs” at separate times aside from the comparably quiet, almost calm, finale.

 

Ek-teen made good on her promise and promptly passed out, barely conscious as it was while she had worked on her last orgasm. Jackie briefly entertained the idea of squirming out from within the naga’s insides, but the idea just seemed pointlessly taxing when she was already certain she’d fall asleep right where she was, suspended and lightly squeezed by her delicious insides, if she only allowed herself to. It was so comfy…

 

She let out a deep breath she felt like she’d been holding, in spite of it all, for several days. This had been truly blissful. It was a true abandonment. Jackie didn’t suffer any delusions that Elgara Ek-teen, the matriarch of a mountain naga tribe, was in love with her. She even got the impression that Ek-teen wasn’t in a position to be taking consistent lovers (why else had she been apparently celibate for so long) but that was fine by her. She’d adored the attention and the genuine affection they’d just shared. She’d felt envious of just that—affection—and she’d been a little loathe to “take it out” on Leo, a desire she now fully accepted having harbored. She had felt so lonely for so long. And while it certainly seemed like making a move on the borrower was an option, he was spoken for emotionally. So, was it an option for Jackie to “be with” Leo without begrudging him that, or had she been too emotionally vulnerable? Less certain. Or, it has been. If Jackie was being honest, she had a difficult time caring about anything at present, not in a way that felt it could be of negative consequence anyway.

 

Jackie’s mind went out to Vela, the lone vampire who had also been her benefactor and was now journeying off… somewhere… to learn… something. It was all quite nebulous to Jackie. But it wasn’t her problem right now. Nothing was. She was satisfied and exhausted. I could sleep… inside this naga… if I only… allowed myself… to…

 

The two of them slept quite peacefully, miles away from the others still enjoying the festivities back in the cavern. Jackie wouldn’t mark the occasion until a later time, but it was the first night during which she had gone to sleep in many moons without worrying about the moon or the trouble it had been for her and would continue to be. She’d been allowed to forget she was cursed. And she dreamt of only daylight and smiles. There were no monsters.

End Notes:

Thanks so much for all your patience for those of you who have been waiting for me to come back with another chapter. I hope the length of this and the content makes up for both the time and for slightly missing Vore Day! As always, I'd love to know what you think!! Please review! 

 

This chapter contains: mouthplay, soft/willing/safe vore, insertion, masturbation, and explicit encounters with a naga and Jackie. 

 

 

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=9568