Making It Big by GrowingStandards
Summary:


Jane is about to play a part for a tv show that is in production. There is only one catch, one that could drastically change her life


Categories: Giantess Characters: None
Growth: Giant (31 ft. to 50 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: F/f, F/m
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences, This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 26280 Read: 23341 Published: November 07 2019 Updated: December 17 2019
Story Notes:

.

1. Prologue: Filling a Big Role by GrowingStandards

2. Chapter 01: A Not So Average Life by GrowingStandards

3. Chapter 2: Doing a Side Job by GrowingStandards

4. Chapter 3: Trying to Relax by GrowingStandards

5. Chapter 04: Date Night by GrowingStandards

6. Chapter 5: The Show Must Go On by GrowingStandards

Prologue: Filling a Big Role by GrowingStandards

 

    After several days of driving through multiple states, Jane has finally reached her intended destination in Elkridge, Georgia. The young woman is staring at the warehouse that is in front of her vehicle, as though she is wondering if she has arrived at the right place or not. "It has to be the right place," she tells herself. After all, when she had initially called Jacob about the role, he made sure to mention that they would be shooting the show at a warehouse that is just outside of town.

 

    Thinking back, she still can't believe her luck though. About a week ago, she had been let go from her previous job, the company needing to downsize because it just wasn't making the money that it should have been. So after days of searching online for a new job, she had just happened to come across an ad stating that an actress was needed for one of the lead roles for some show that is still in production. She will admit that she did find it a bit odd that no acting experience was necessary for the part, that is until she read both the show's title and it's synopsis.

 

    The show is titled "My Giant Wife" and is supposed to be about a man, who after a drunken night, wakes up next to a giantess and discovers that he had actually gotten married to her the night before. Sure, the plot seems to be very odd to her, but she just couldn't pass up an opportunity that could hopefully lead her to bigger and better things.

 

    She flips down the visor in her car, revealing the mirror so that she can touch up her long strawberry blonde hair, which actually reaches past her hips and just reaches her thighs. She wants to make sure that she looks presentable before she heads inside, hoping to make a good first impression so that she has a good chance of getting the part. Jane loves her hair, most people saying that it is her best feature, which is why she let it grow out so long, even if it is a bit of a hassle to manage and maintain. Her hair is very wavy, which is one of the reasons it a bit difficult to manage, but in her mind, it is well worth the effort.

 

    She finally steps out of her car, the five foot eight woman's sneakers hitting the pavement. Her shoes look a bit dingy, the white material looking grayer now from how long she has owned them. Wearing a pair of blue jeans and a plain black shirt, since she was instructed to dress casually for the first day of shooting, she starts to make her way to the building. Her emerald green eyes are full of excitement, finding the idea of being in an actual show very appealing, despite its odd premises.

 

    The first thing that she notices about the building is the entrance, which looks to be about twenty feet tall. With a large bay door on the front of the building, she would most definitely have some difficulty lifting it open. Luckily for her, she doesn't need to open it to head inside, since there is a normal-sized door right next to it. She pushes it open and steps inside the building, looking at the interior. She is surprised at the furniture that is inside the building. Everything is huge, looking to be at least six times bigger than what your typical furniture should be. Granted they do look a bit rudimentary from how they are constructed, but she still can't help but be impressed due to how large they are.

 

    What she can assume is supposed to be a chair, which looks a lot more like a bean bag, it is so big that she would have to climb it just to sit in it. In front of it, hanging on the wall is a large white sheet. She is confused about this at first, that is until she sees the projector that has been placed on a crude-looking end table that is right next to the chair. Still looking around the interior, she can even see a prop in the corner of the building that looks very close to a mattress, though it seems to be just a simple sack that is stuffed full of straw.

 

    Looking around the warehouse even more, she notices a piece of furniture that looks completely odd to her, even though it is oversized. The table she is looking at is a lot bigger than what a normal person would need, just like everything else, but the legs are very short as if it is designed for someone to kneel at it. She can't help but wonder why the legs are so short. Perhaps a budget constraint?

 

    "Jane Doe, right?" a masculine voice says, grabbing the curious woman's attention.

 

    She turns to look at the source of the voice, seeing that someone is walking towards her. He looks to be the same height as her, his brown hair a bit on the long side, looking as if he hasn't bothered to brush it in a while. "Yeah. I'm here for the part."

 

     "Right. I am Jacob Peterson, I talked to you the phone several days ago." He stops to look at Jane, eyeing her. He notices that she does have a bit of a trim figure along with a pretty face. "Yeah, you are perfect for the part. Though I will admit that I didn't imagine your hair would be so long."

 

    "Is that going to be a problem?" she asks, sounding slightly worried as she holds her long, wavey hair in her hands.

 

    "No, no, your hair is just fine," Jacob reassures Jane. "I'm just surprised, that's all. Most women don't grow their hair out as long as yours due to the hassle." Jane breathes a sigh of relief upon hearing this. She would have been devastated if she had to cut her hair. Granted, she would have done it if she needed to while having an anxiety attack at the same time. "Well, before we get started, let's meet everyone that you will be working with, shall we?"

 

    "Yeah, sure." Jane follows Jacob, now noticing that there are three other people in the warehouse, each person working on something different for the shoe.

 

    The first person she sees is a woman. A bit on the tall side, looking to be slightly over six feet tall, she seems to be busy messing with a camera. The black-haired woman is too busy inserting a micro sd card into the device to even notice the new arrival that is approaching her.

 

    "This is Mary Pippin," Jacob introduces her. "Mary, this is Jane Doe, the fine actress who will be playing our giantess for the series."

 

    "Hi," Mary says, adjusting her glasses as she looks downward at Jane. "I'm in charge of the camera work, sound and anything else that is post-production related. So great to have you here with us."

 

    "Thanks for the warm welcome," Jane says, smiling back before she follows Jacob once again.

 

    Leaving Mary to her work, Jane notices another guy, who is busy reading a script. He is the one who catches her attention. With blonde hair, blue eyes and slightly taller than she is, she is seriously contemplating on asking him out after the day is done. She doesn't even care if it would be professional to do so or not.

 

    "Lloyd!" Jacob shouts grabbing his attention. "Meet Jane, she will be playing the role opposite of you as your wife."

 

    "Pleased," Lloyd says, holding out his hand.

 

    Jane holds her hand out, just going through the motion of the handshake, the next thing that she does notice about him is that he is not wearing a ring. "Yeah," she says. Her mind is now somewhere else since she is too busy staring straight into his eyes. She finds herself picturing him being her actual husband.

 

    "Uhhh... You can let go of my hand now," Lloyd says, pointing to the fact that Jane is still holding his hand.

 

    "Right, sorry," Jane says, now fully aware of what she has been doing. She starts to shy away, feeling a bit embarrassed about how dumb she has just acted in front of him. She is grateful when Jacob pulls her away to meet the last member, cutting the awkward moment short.

 

    Lastly, she notices a large gun, which is mounted on a turret, that looks as though it belongs in a sci-fi movie. She doesn't quite understand why there is a prop like that here, but then again, she doesn't need to. It is then that she sees that someone is working on it, apparently fiddling with a screen that is mounted on the back of it. He is a bit hard to notice, not being very tall and his black hair is kept on the short side. The only reason that Jane had even noticed him is that he raised his arms, letting out a triumphant shout as if he has just figured something out.

 

    "And the most important person we have here, Sam Smith." Jacob waves, getting Sam's attention. The short man looks over at Jane for a moment, waving to her as he is just now noticing her. "He is in charge of getting you to the proper height for this show."

 

    "Oh, so you are in charge of the special effects then?" Jane asks. The way Sam looks, she can't help but picture him working special effects.

 

    "Not exactly," Sam says while patting the gun. "I am actually in charge of using this to get you to about thirty feet in height."

 

    Jane chuckles slightly at the obvious joke until she sees that no one else is joining in on her laughter. "You're serious?" She is looking at Sam with a puzzled look on her face, wondering just how serious he is about what he had just said.

 

   "Yup," Sam answers. "I snagged this from a science professor's lab right after he was institutionalized. He went completely nuts from overworking himself for many years. When he finally lost it, he was found wearing his clothes backwards and speaking complete gibberish. Though I have heard that he has been repeating the word 'gleegla' very often."

 

    Now Jane knows for a fact that Sam has to be kidding about everything. With a dumb story like that, it has to be some kind of ill-conceived joke. She smiles, deciding to humor him as she begins to entertain the ridiculous idea for shits and giggles. "Okay then, make me thirty feet tall then," she says, taking several steps back so that she is in front of the gun's barrel. "I'm ready to grow so we can go ahead and start filming." She is holding her arms out, away from her body, as if she is honestly encouraging Sam to fire the gun right at her immediately.

 

    "Okay then, the big moment that we have all been waiting for." Sam moves back to the device, already starting to tap away at the screen so that he can power it up. The gun starts to hum as the end of its barrel starts to glow a bright green. "This shouldn't hurt you at all."

 

     It is now that Jane realizes that everyone is looking at her with extreme anticipation. Even Mary and Lloyd have both stopped what they were both doing so that they could watch what is about to happen. Everyone seems to be interested in such a simple ruse, almost as if they are anticipating that something is actually about to happen to her. Could this be more than a simple joke? Is she being hazed? Before Jane can even decide what to do, a green ray is fired right at her and hits her square in the chest.

 

    She has no idea what had just happened to her, the prop had just fired some sort of light at her. It didn't hurt her, which she is grateful for. She feels completely fine, although she is now glowing green, which fades after a few seconds. That is when she starts to notice that everything seems to be shrinking around her, getting smaller by the moment. "What the hell is happening?!" she shouts in confusion. Everyone is looking at her with a sense of excitement. She has to look down just to keep them in her field of vision. That is when it fully hits her. The warehouse and everything around her isn't shrinking, she is the one who is growing.

 

    She starts to panic a bit, looking up to see that the ceiling is approaching rather quickly, her body stretching upwards to it. Instinctively she covers her head, bracing for an impact that is going to happen at any moment. The ceiling is now only several feet away from the back of her head, something that should be outright impossible with her feet planted firmly on the ground.

 

    After a couple of minutes, the world around her has stopped shrinking, or rather she has stopped growing. She looks down at herself, seeing that she has to be at least six times bigger than she used to be. The only thing that she is grateful for is that her clothes have grown with her, she couldn't stand the thought of being naked in front of a bunch of people she doesn't know too well. She starts to pat down her own body, making sure that she is physically okay. Everything about her is still proportional, she is just a lot bigger now. But that still doesn't make what has just happened to her any better. "I'm... I'm huge," she says, staring at herself in disbelief before she looks at everyone else. With no one even coming up to her knees, they all look like small children to her.

 

    "And the perfect height for your part," Jacob shouts up to the confused woman.

 

     Jane gets on her knees, a look of desperation now on her face. "No. No, no, no. This has to be some kind of mistake. I mean, how am I supposed to live my life like this? You could have just as easily superimposed me into the scenes or even used forced perspective shots. I'm too big for anything now! What am I supposed to do at this size!?"

 

    "Calm down," Jacob reassures the distraught woman. "You won't be that size all the time. The size ray does have a shrink function to it as well. It has been fully tested and I can assure you that you can be shrunk back down to your regular height."

 

    Jane starts to calm down now, feeling a bit of relief now with the information that she has just been given. "You mean, I won't always be this big?"

 

    "Of course not," Jacob says confidently. "You are only needed at that size when we are shooting the show. Though, if this is all too much for you to handle, we can shrink you back down now and hopefully find someone else to fill your role."

 

     Jane has to think about this for a moment. Would it be so bad being over thirty feet tall for her role? It is a unique opportunity, one that no one else would get to experience. "So, if I am understanding this right. You will only make me this tall whenever we are shooting a scene, then shrink me back down when we are done?"

 

    "Precisely," Jacob replies. "Besides, think about it. You will be a first, being able to fulfill this role without the need for any special effects or camera tricks. It's history in the making."

 

    Jane mulls the idea over inside her head once more. After thinking it over for a couple more minutes, it doesn't seem so bad to her. She is unable to think of any reason to outright dismiss the idea. "Okay, I'm in."

 

      "Excellent," Jacob says enthusiastically. "Right, so we are going to do a screen test today..."

 

    "Wait, a screen test?" Jane asks sounding very confused. "You mean I don't have the part yet?"

 

     "No, no, you do have the part. Just let me clarify what I mean. Yes, a screen test is normally done to see if two actors have the chemistry that is necessary for a shoot. But in this context, it is to make sure that you are the right size, and find out if your height needs to be adjusted any further. We do need to make sure that you will fit inside the shots. Not to mention that there is also the possibility that you could be too small to pick up and hold Lloyd for certain scenes. There is even the possibility that you could even be too big, drawing too much attention away from any other actors that you will be working with."

 

    "Well, that is a relief," Jane replies. "I was afraid that I could be doing all this for nothing." She is honestly hoping that she is big enough for the scenes since she isn't exactly too keen on actually being around thirty feet tall for this show in the first place.

 

    "Right," Jacob says, pointing to the table that Jane had noticed earlier. "You will find your script on that table over there. You and Lloyd will just be doing a read through today."

 

    Within moments, both Jane and Lloyd are at the table that Jacob pointed out. While Lloyd is standing on the table's surface, Jane needs to kneel beside it. The concrete surface isn't exactly comfortable on her knees, but she can tolerate the slight discomfort. She looks down at her script, which looks as though it has been scaled up so she can read it easily. She figures that it must have been at a normal size at some point before it was enlarged with the same size ray that was just used on her. Looking at the sections that have been highlighted for her, she starts to read her lines. "Why, we got married last night, silly."

 

    Lloyd looks up at Jane, not even looking at the script which he has in his hands. He has read it over several times so the lines are still fresh in his memory. "Married!? I don't remember that. I think I would remember hooking up with a woman who is as big as you are."

 

    "Well... You were very drunk last night to the point where you just outright proposed to me. I did turn you down at first, but the things that you were saying to me were so sweet and kind that I just couldn't say no when you proposed again."

 

    "Wait, I proposed to you? Look, I am sure that you are a good woman, but I can't be married to someone I don't know anything about."

 

    "That's okay, we have plenty of time to learn so much about each other now."

 

    "What I'm saying is that I am not ready to be in such a serious relationship."

 

    "It's my height, isn't it?"

 

    As Jane and Lloyd continue to read through their lines, Jacob leans in closer to Mary as she is shooting the test scene. "How is it?" he asks in a low tone.

 

   "Perfect," Mary answers, not even bothering to look away from the camera's view screen. "She is fitting inside the shot quite perfectly. Though her acting is a little subpar in my opinion."

 

    "This is just a read through. Besides, I'm sure that she will do a lot better when we shoot the pilot episode."

 

    Jane lowers her script, looking a bit confused at Lloyd. "Uh... It says here that I am supposed to pick you up and hold you. I'm not sure if I can do that quite yet. I'm afraid that I may hurt you."

 

    "Go on ahead," Lloyd says encouragingly. "What better way to practice than to do it. I will let you know if you are squeezing me too hard."

 

     "Okay..." Jane reaches down for Lloyd, still feeling a bit uneasy as she is wrapping her fingers around his body. This is very odd for her, she has never picked up a grown man before. "How is this?" she asks with both of her hands around Lloyd's body. "Not too tight?" She still can't believe what she is doing. Sure she has held a child before, but Lloyd is even smaller than a newborn from her perspective. She might even be able to hold him with a single hand at her current size.

 

    "You can tighten your grip a little bit more. That way your hold on me is a bit more secure." He can feel Jane's grip tightening around him as he tells her that. He can tell that she is doing it slowly, assuming that she still afraid of unintentionally hurting him. Lloyd can't blame her for worrying about that though, at her size she could easily break his ribs with very little effort. "That's good."

 

    Jane slowly lifts Lloyd off the table, his feet dangling in the air. Jane smiles a bit, actually amazed at what she is doing. Lifting him close to her face, she looks right at him, seeing how calm he is. "Are you okay?"

 

     "I'm good." Lloyd answers. "This is perfect. You have a nice hold on me so I don't fall."

 

    Jane looks at Lloyd, smiling at him. She can feel as if there is something between them right now. The seemingly perfect moment is ruined when a low growl can be heard echoing throughout the warehouse. "Sorry," Jane apologizes. She blushes while looking down towards her stomach, clearly embarrassed about the sound. "I kinda skipped breakfast on my drive over here. Can we break for lunch now?"

 

    "Sure," Jacob shouts up to the large woman.

 

     Jane gently sets Lloyd down on the floor, saving him the effort of needing to climb down a ladder to get off the table. "You are going to shrink me back down to my normal height for lunch, right?"

 

    "Of course," Jacob answers. "Sam will take care of that for you."

 

    Jane heads over to the size change ray, kneeling in front of it. She is glad that she can be returned to her normal height, she can hardly imagine how hard her life would be if she was forced to be six times bigger than most people. She eagerly watches as Sam taps away at the screen, just waiting to be shot again so that she can be returned to her normal height.

 

    Sam starts to power up the size ray, ready to return Jane to her original height as promised. The machine hums, powering up as it is getting ready to fire at it's intended target once again. Just as it gets ready to shrink Jane back down, the humming fades as it starts to power down. "No, no, no," Sam says frantically.

 

    "Is everything okay over there?" Jane asks sounding slightly worried.

 

  "Uh... Yeah," Sam answers, looking at the red text on the screen, "Everything is just fine." The words "Insufficient Cooling" are displayed on the screen, followed by "System Failure." He desperately taps at the screen, hoping to bypass what seems to be a minor error. It takes him a couple of moments, but he finally manages to power up the machine once more, to his relief, as it is getting ready to fire once again.

 

    Upon trying to power up again, the machine starts to smoke, overheating until it is forced to shut down once again. "Don't do this now, come on," Sam complains. As if on cue, fire erupts from the machine, giving a clear indication of what is about to happen next. The look on Jane's face is one of absolute horror as she watches Sam dive away from the machine, followed by a small explosion leaving the size ray in pieces, in a state that is beyond repair.

 

    Jacob rushes over to Sam, the loud noise catching his attention. "What happened!? Is everyone okay?"

 

    "Yeah, I'm fine," Sam says while getting up from the floor. "But we lost the size ray."

 

    "No, no, no," Jane repeats out of shock. "I can't be stuck like this, I just can't. Please tell me you have a backup or some other means or returning me to normal?"

 

    "About that..." Jacob says, sounding like he is about to give bad news. "We don't."

 

    "But my life?" Jane says, sounding devastated about this news. "How am I supposed to... I mean, since I am now..." She is at a loss for words, having a lot of difficulty accepting the reality of her situation now. She is now stuck as a giantess, someone who is too big for this world. She looks at Sam, blaming him as anger is starting to fill her now. "You!" she says, reaching out for him with both of her hands. "You did this to me! This is all your fault!"

 

    Sam has no time to react, feeling Jane wrapping her long fingers around his body before he is lifted off the ground. She has him in a tight hold, not so tight to where he is in serious pain, but tight enough to where he is very uncomfortable and having some difficulty breathing. He is lifted right up to her face, now able to clearly see just how livid she is.

 

    Jane can see just how terrified Sam is of her, but she doesn't care. All she knows is that he is the reason that she stuck like this. "How are you going to fix this?" She then starts to shake him vigorously, demanding an answer that will satisfy her. "Tell me!"

 

     "I know that this isn't an ideal situation Jane," Jacob intervenes, hoping to defuse the situation before it escalates any further, "But you need to calm down, please." Jacob is looking up at the upset woman, hoping that his words will be enough calm her down.

 

    "Calm down? Calm down!" She is now focusing on Jacob, much to Sam's relief. "Look at me! I'm stuck as a thirty-something foot tall freak because of what he did to me, and you are asking me to calm down?!"

 

    "Look, I know that things are not going exactly how we discussed it, but getting upset at Sam is not going to fix anything. So please, put him down before you seriously hurt him. I know that you really don't want to do that."

 

    Jane looks at Sam, knowing that Jacob is right on both counts. She could take out all her frustration on the helpless man, and it won't change a thing about her current situation. She lowers him towards the ground before releasing him, causing the terrified man to fall several feet to the floor. Sam feels a slight pain from the impact as he lands on his back. Though this does not stop him from quickly moving so that he is hiding behind Jacob. "So what are we going to do about me then?" Jane asks.

 

    "Well, we can still do the show," Jacob replies while thinking. "So first, you will be compensated for your increased cost of living as a result of your permanent change in height, your pay will now reflect that."

 

    "Sounds like a start," Jane says crossing her arms. More money won't completely fix her situation, but it will help to make her new, forced lifestyle easier. She then looks at Sam, still angry about what he did to her. She points at him, adding an additional condition. "And I want him to be my personal assistant. I will need someone to handle anything that is impossible at my current size."

 

    "Hold on," Jacob says. "That is a bit much to be asking. Maybe we can come to another agreement here."

 

    "I do want him to be compensated for his time. That is why I said personal assistant. I think that what I am asking is pretty fair since he is the one who essentially ruined my life."

 

    "I'll do it," Sam says before Jacob can even come to his defense again. He steps out from behind Jacob, looking Jane right in her eyes.

 

    "Sam, are you sure?" Jacob asks, sounding a bit concerned. "You don't have to do this."

 

    "It's my fault that she is like this. I was the one who procured the size ray and subsequently shot her with it. Being her personal assistant is the least I can do for her."

 

    Jane leans in a bit closer to Sam, getting as close to him as she can. "Just so that we are clear about your new position, you do know that it means doing anything I ask of you, right? I could ask you to do something as simple as checking my e-mail or running an errand, to something as undesirable as giving me a foot rub."

 

    "I do realize this, yes. I will be sure to do any task that you ask of me with a smile."

 

    Mary walks up to Jacob, somewhat concerned about the new unforeseen situation. "Can I talk to you about something?" She pulls him away from the commotion, making sure that they are both just out of earshot from Jane. "A bigger pay for her? You do realize that we only have so much money left. The pay that you are promising her could take us broke within a month or two."

 

    "I am aware of this. But once we shoot the pilot episode, and show it off. We'll get the money for a couple of seasons. Everything is going to turn out just fine."

 

    Mary looks over at Jane, sympathizing with her about the predicament that she has been forced into. "I sure hope that you are right about this. Otherwise, she is going to have a very difficult life from now on."

 

Chapter 01: A Not So Average Life by GrowingStandards

 

 

    Jane is standing in front of a crowd of people, every eye staring at her with a sense of awe. It is kind of hard not to look at her. The sight of a woman who is over thirty feet tall, who is holding a large piece of concrete between her hands with relative ease is not hard to miss. One does have to admit that it is quite an impressive sight to witness.

 

    She is wearing what looks like it used to be a black dress. Though it is torn in two, the top half only being enough cloth to cover her chest, while the skirt is only long enough to reach just past her knees. It looks as though she has simply outgrown the garment that she is still somehow managing to wear, and it is doing everything it can to cling to her body and preserve her modesty. Her feet are bare, with no hints left of her footwear remaining.

 

    "This is what I am capable of!" Jane shouts as she tosses the piece of concrete away from the crowd. It flies about a dozen feet until it lands on the ground, rolling a bit farther until it slowly comes to a stop. She looks at the crowd, breathing heavily as if expecting them to show her a certain level of respect now.

 

    The crowd simply applauds, with some scattered cheering able to be heard. Jane stands upright, smiling warmly at them, a stark contrast to how she was just acting. "That's it for this show," she says, waving to the pleased crowd. "I hope you come back again. I do four shows a day, five days a week. If you enjoyed this show be sure to see the other three, as they are all different performances."

 

    Jane continues to wave and smile, watching as everyone is walking off the property. Once the last person leaves, she relaxes, sighing from exhaustion. "Four shows a day, five days a week..."

 

    This is not how she pictured her life turning out. About a year ago she had come all the way out to Georgia, answering an ad that was asking for an actress. It was supposed to be a very promising opportunity for her, Jacob even thought that she was perfect for the part when she showed up at the warehouse to begin filming. The only catch was that she had to be shot with a size ray so that she could be the proper height for the part. She had only agreed to this single condition when she was promised that would be returned to her normal size whenever they weren't filming the show.

 

    That is when it all started to go downhill for her. When she was about to be returned to her normal height of five foot eight, the size ray had malfunctioned then exploded as a result, leaving her stuck at her current height of thirty-four feet. Then, after shooting the pilot episode cor "My Giant Wife," nobody decided to pick it up. Which in turn meant no money coming in. Finally, when the money for the planned production had run out, a direct result of her increased pay to help support her cost of living, just about everybody left to pursue their interests or to make a living. Leaving her stuck to make her way in life as a real-life giantess.

 

   "Nice show today," an elderly gentleman says. "You put in a lot of energy into that finale today. Nicely done."

 

   "Thanks, Arnold," Jane says, looking down at him. It is obvious that he is in his mid-sixties, his hair completely white, or what is left of it anyway. He is well-dressed, giving one a sense that he does have some importance here.

 

    "I am happy to inform you that your paycheck has just been transferred to your bank account. The attendance these past two days have been a bit higher than usual lately, so there is some extra pay to reflect that little boost."

 

    "Thanks," Jane says. "I have been struggling a bit lately since not as many people have been showing up."

 

    When Jane started doing these shows, the place was completely packed. The sold-out shows quickly became a good source of money for her, which did help with her high cost of living. Once the novelty of her appearance started to wear off, attendance started to dwindle accordingly. She is still making a good amount of money, or what should be considered good for most people. Unfortunately, this means that her pay is essentially a bare minimum to her, which in turn means that she is living on a very tight budget now.

 

    "Well, enjoy your two days off," Arnold says, "I will see you Friday."

 

    "Yeah, you too," Jane says, waving to him as he starts to walk away from her.

 

    Jane walks off the property as well, feeling a bit worn out from her multiple performances today. Truth be told, she does not want this job, since it makes her feel more like an attraction than anything else. But it is a job with a steady source of income, so she can't complain too much about it.

 

    Walking along the sidewalk, she is making sure that she is watching where she steps, wanting to be sure that she is being careful so that she does not inadvertently step on or kick anyone. She does take up the entire width of the walkway because of how large she is. Meaning that she needs to look out for pedestrians during her walk back home.

 

    Not too many people are paying her any mind since she has become a fairly common sight in the city of Elkridge. She does remember how people would stare or gawk at her during the first several months, seeing her as a pretty big deal. But since then, the commotion about her has pretty much died down, which she is very grateful for.

 

   Jane's destination isn't that far, or for her, it isn't that far anyway. At her size, four miles is a relatively short walk. The only inconveniences she has to put up with are people who aren't paying any mind to her, which means she has to move out of their way and step around them. Them, and those who think that they can be slick because she is wearing a skirt.

 

    Waiting at a crosswalk, she just so happens to catch someone doing just that. "Hey!" she shouts down at the pervert, just as he is looking away as if he wasn't doing anything wrong. She looks down at him, putting her hands on her hips, doing her best to look as intimidating as possible, which is not that hard for her to do at her size. "I know it's tempting, but you should think about what I can do to you if you decide to piss me off!"

 

     He only stares up at her, genuinely frightened of what she can do to him. Her look seriously suggesting that she is contemplating what she should do to him. He decides not to wait around to find out what her decision could be, quickly walking down the sidewalk to find another crosswalk to cross at.

 

     "Idiot," Jane mutters to herself out of annoyance while crossing her arms. "I wish people would realize that I am wearing a pair of shorts underneath this skirt. I'm not dumb enough to be wearing anything revealing underneath."

 

    After crossing the street, she stops as she tries to turn a corner, seeing another obstacle that has become quite common for her, utility lines. She sighs at the potential hazard that is about the same height as she is, getting ready to duck underneath it so that she can keep walking. It is only a minor nuisance for her, but it is one that she still does find to be annoying nonetheless.

 

    The rest of her walk continues without any further incidents, the crowds thinning out as she approaches the city limits. She can finally see her destination, the warehouse where she was initially going to be shooting the show.

 

    The building has effectively become her home now since it is the only place that she can live. Not to mention that the furniture that was leftover from the show is scaled up to her size, which is convenient enough for her. She sighs, grabbing a hold of the large bay door and lifting it open while saying in a sarcastic tone, "Home sweet home..."

 

    The giantess steps inside, needing to duck through the entryway since it is shorter than she is. No sooner does she enter, she hears a voice that has become very familiar to her over the past year, and also very annoying.

 

    "Welcome back, Miss Jane." Sam is sitting at a corner of the warehouse, which is furnished for his needs. He gets up from his desk as he asks this since he is in charge of managing anything that Jane is unable to do herself due to her massive size since he is her personal assistant.

 

    Jane sighs, not particularly being fond of being called "Miss Jane" by him. He continues to call her that, or "Ma'am," despite the many times she has voiced her displeasure in it. It's not the fact that she dislikes it, it's just that it makes it harder for her to resent him when he is being respectful like that. After all, it is his fault that she is stuck at the size she is right now.

 

    "How was your day?" Sam asks while smiling.

 

    "Oh, just perfect." Her tone is full of sarcasm while she is forcing a smile on her face. "Another day of having a crowd of people staring at me like I am some kind of sideshow attraction. I can't picture a more perfect day." She still can't fully understand why Sam has stayed with her all this time. Yes, he has agreed to be her personal assistant, after failing to restore her to her natural height. She even gave him the option to leave like everyone else did when the show fell through. She can only imagine that he must still feel responsible for her current situation. But with how hard she is on him, and the tasks she tends to assign him, which can range from ridiculous to outright unreasonable, she would have figured that he would have had enough at some point and quit by now.

 

    "I am sorry to hear that Miss Jane," Sam responds, showing empathy for her. "Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day."

 

    "It should be. Today is my Friday, so I have the next two days all to myself. Two days where I am not just some spectacle to an audience who has no idea about the person I am."

 

    "Speaking of which, your paycheck was deposited today, and it was a bit bigger than I was expecting."

 

    "Arnold had already told me that. Said that attendance was on the high side this week. Did you make sure to transfer your pay?"

 

    "It was the first thing I did Miss Jane."

 

    Jane heads over to where her bed is, or at least what is a bed to her. She stands in front of what looks like a large wardrobe, which looks quite normal-sized to her. She opens up the doors and pulls out her old jeans, the same pair that grew with her when she was hit with the size ray. The giantess is looking at them a bit longingly, wishing that she could wear them again. Looking down at herself, she can see the slight pudge her stomach has developed, which means that those pants are now too tight a squeeze for her to fit into.

 

    Her excess weight isn't a result of overeating, but rather from an unbalanced diet. With her relatively low income and relatively large appetite, she mainly eats bread due to her limited income. Cornbread becoming a staple in her diet since it is affordable enough for her to order the bulk quantities that she needs. That and the fact that it isn't completely bland in taste.

 

    She tosses her old jeans off to the side, rummaging for a different outfit to wear. Grabbing a pair of black capri pants and a light blue blouse, she starts to change out of her work outfit. She does have some curtains that are hanging up to give her some privacy whenever she needs to change. The clothes she is changing into aren't the best quality, the stitching is a bit on the shoddy side, but at least they are wearable. She does hope to save up enough money so that she can order clothes that are abetter quality soon.

 

    "Sam, is there enough money for me to order something to eat tonight? I don't exactly feel like having cornbread again."

 

     "Uhhhh... Let me see." Sam is checking his phone, or rather Jane's phone since she is too large to use it herself. "Well, if we pull from the money that you have been trying to put back for a pair of shoes, and from your clothing fund, we can afford some shepherd pie for you tonight.

 

    Jane's stomach growls while her mouth waters slightly at the mention of shepherd pie. It isn't her favorite thing to eat, since all it is ground beef, cheese, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. But she does prefer it over having cornbread yet again tonight. "Go ahead and order it, I guess I can go shoeless a bit longer."

 

    Shoes, something else that she has gone without for a while. The pair she had were pretty old, to begin with, and it didn't take long before they were starting to come apart, the soles separating from the material itself. So going barefoot has become a bit of a forced lifestyle for her. She has ordered several pairs of socks to help protect her feet. But walking on concrete and pavement did take a toll on the material and they were constantly getting holes in them, which effectively made them a wasteful expense in the end.

 

    She sits down on her chair, grabbing a custom-made remote that is sitting next to the projector. She turns it on, watching as an image is being cast onto the sheet which is hanging on the wall in front of her. A list of apps appears, which is due to the projector being smart-enabled, as she scrolls down the list to start streaming some shows.

 

    "Miss Jane, you did receive several requests on your dating profile," Sam says, standing next to where she is comfortably sitting. "Did you want to answer any of them today?"

 

    "No," Jane answers while sighing. "I'm not in the mood to hear what any of them have to say."

 

    "Miss Jane, if you keep rejecting, or outright ignoring every request that comes in, what is the point of you having a dating profile? At least give someone who is showing an interest in you a chance."

 

     Jane sighs, recognizing Sam's point. "It's not that I want to keep rejecting them. Yes, the several guys I have gone out were very nice. It's just that they were practically focused on my height instead of looking at me as a person."

 

    "It is something that is hard to ignore about you."

 

    "You know what I mean!" Jane is starting to sound a bit agitated at this point. "Yes, I am tall, huge actually. But I want someone who will just see me for who I am, not as some giantess to fulfill their odd fantasies." She takes a deep breath, calming down a bit. "Is that too much to ask?"

 

    "No, it isn't, Ma'am."

 

    "Though, I do suppose that you are right. I guess I should try to give someone a chance today."

 

    "Right," Sam says, pulling up the requests on Jane's phone. "First up is BlueEyes, he says that you are very pretty and that he simply loves your height..."

 

    "Pass!" Jane says firmly, interrupting Sam. "If he is opening up with that, he is too focused on how tall I am. Who else sent a request?"

 

     "Next is TallGirlLover..."

 

    "Pass!"

 

     "The username, got it. Ummm..." Sam is skimming through a couple more requests, trying to see one that Jane will hopefully be okay with. Most of them are making references to how big she is, and Jane has made it clear that she doesn't want to go out with someone like that this time. "Here is one that looks like he will be decent... And never mind on him."

 

     "See, no point," Jane says, scrolling through the available shows.

 

     "You could always send requests, you know, take initiative?"

 

     "Why bother? I already know the responses I will get." She remembers the last time she had Sam send out requests on her behalf. Every single one that she had sent out was denied, and it depressed her. She can't blame everyone for rejecting her requests, most guys feel awkward about dating a woman who is taller than them. Even when the height difference is due to the woman being in a pair of heels.

 

     She is scrolling through lists of shows, trying to find something to watch to help distract her mind from how her life is currently going.

 

    "Caught up," Jane says, still scrolling through her options. "Binge watched... Caught up... Not interested in it... Waiting for season three..." She continues to scroll through, only stopping at one show in particular.

 

    It is a new series called "I Don't Know About You," one that has just recently started. She didn't stop on it because it looks interesting or that the name of it has caught her attention. But rather because she recognizes one of the actors on the title page. With his blonde hair and blue eyes, she automatically recognizes him as Lloyd.

 

    A wave of anger starts to well up inside of her, she finds his face alone infuriating. Not to mention that he is holding some blonde-haired bimbo in his arms on the title page, especially when she feels that it should be her in his arms. She should have been the one with him, spending quality time with him. She thinks back to the last time that she had spoken to him, the same day that he left to further his own career. She asked him to stay, saying that they should be together and have a loving relationship. But the next words he spoke to her severely hurt her, "Sorry, but I don't go out with anyone who is taller than me." At that point she was dumbfounded, only watching him as he walked out.

 

    She tightens her grip on the remote, seeing red the longer she stares at the television couple. Sam can see her displeasure at what she is staring at and can already tell that things won't end well unless he says something. "Miss Jane, maybe it would be a good idea to turn the projector off for the night."

 

    Jane looks at Sam, still looking quite upset. Though Sam knows that she would never harm him, he can't help but feel worried about the way she is looking at him. Normally that look means that she is going to send him off on some ridiculous errand, or ask him to perform some undesirable tasks. He takes a deep breath, expecting the worst request from her.

 

     Jane shuts off the projector, still glaring at Sam. "Just go home." She drops the remote in disgust, her mind still on the fact that Lloyd has his own show now, and she doesn't.

 

    Sam recognizes this response from Jane, she always says this to him whenever she wants to be left alone for the rest of the day. "Are you sure?" he asks, sounding slightly uneasy. "What about the shepherd pie you wanted me to order?"

 

    "Did you order it already?"

 

    "Yes, Miss Jane."

 

    "Is it already paid for?"

 

    "Of course Miss Jane."

 

    "Then that is all you need to do. Just go home. Consider today a full day's pay for yourself."

 

    "O-of course, Miss Jane." Sam didn't want to argue with her, he can easily tell that she is not in the best place at the moment. All he can do is leave her alone and hope that she will be in a better mood the next time he sees her. "I will see you tomorrow then," Sam says, already leaving through the door.

 

    "Tomorrow is your day off," Jane points out.

 

    "I know," Sam answers, "But that doesn't mean I can't give you some assistance regardless."

 

    The moment Sam leaves and she is alone, Jane pulls her knees up to her chest and buries her face. The inside of the warehouse is quiet, leaving the giantess to her thoughts. Tears start to roll down her cheeks as everything that she has been keeping bottled up inside is now coming out, like it does just about every night.

 

    This is not the life that she has asked for, and yet she has no choice but to go through it every day. The idea of a normal life is slipping farther away from her with each day that passes. Sure, she can put on a face and trudge through each day, but her frustration always comes out at the end of the day in tears. Crying herself to sleep has become a bit of a ritual because of this.

 

    She looks back towards the door, contemplating on if she should walk out and just head back home. But she knows that her family would be unable to accommodate her needs, they don't even know about her massive growth spurt. Right now all she can do is just stay where she is and go through each day the best that she can. Yet she wonders, just how much longer can she go through her life like this before she breaks and decides to give up.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2: Doing a Side Job by GrowingStandards

     Jane is laying in her bed, fast asleep, her body sprawled out to get comfortable on her so-called mattress so that she can enjoy her rest. Her mattress isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world, but it is the only place that is big enough where she can lay her head at night.       She starts to stir in her sleep when she hears a voice starting to penetrate her dreams. It is a voice that she is very familiar with, and one that she does find quite annoying. She is still tired and all she wants to do is to fall back asleep and enjoy her day off. She rolls over onto her side, pulling her blanket over her head, which is a large tarp, hoping to muffle the annoying sound so that she can't hear it. Due to how short her blanket is, the other end is pulled up far enough to where it exposes her bare feet. "Miss Jane?" she hears the annoying voice call out yet again. She sighs knowing that she won't get any peace until she gets up and acknowledges it, which she is very reluctant to do.       She sits up, looking downward so that she can face the source of the voice calling her name. She is quite irritated, wanting nothing more than to sleep in today. "What time is it?" she asks Sam, still sounding sleepy and a bit irritable.     "Good morning, Miss Jane," Sam greets her, sounding quite chipper despite his employer's less than pleasant mood. "It is about ten after eight."      "Eight ten?!" Jane sounds a bit upset upon hearing the time. "You woke me up from a sound sleep this early, on my day off! You had better have a good reason for this, or so help me God..." She can already picture herself literally picking up the small man and throwing him out the door, watching him fly off into the distance and past the horizon. She would never actually do this, but it doesn't mean that she won't fantasize about doing it.      "Normally I would have let you wake up naturally, but I thought that I should inform you about a job offer you have received this morning, which is kind of time-sensitive. You only have a couple of hours to inform them of your interest in the position."      "A job offer?" Jane will be the first to admit that she can always use the extra money. With her increased size, her cost of living has gone up as well. "Who is it, and what do they want me to do?"      "Well, Miss Jane," Sam says, pulling up e-mail on Jane's phone. "The job offer is from an advertising company called Subtle Advertising." Jane rolls her eyes at the company's name, wondering who the genius was that thought that one up. "They want you to stand in the middle of downtown, advertising their client's product."      "Wait?" Jane asks, sounding somewhat offended. "You're saying that they want to hire me like I am some kind of a BILLBOARD?!"       "Yes, Ma'am." Sam is a bit hesitant in giving this answer as it is clear that Jane is not happy about it.      "Why those no-good little..." She is doing her best to stay calm. First, she is woken up from a sound sleep a lot earlier than she would have liked. Now she has some ignorant company wanting her to be a billboard for them.      "They are offering to pay you a rate of a thousand dollars an hour for your services."      Jane's attention is grabbed upon hearing the amount of money that Subtle Advertising is willing to pay. "Wait? How much?"      "A thousand dollars an hour, Miss Jane," Sam confirms. "You will have to admit, even though you will be a billboard, as you so put it, the pay is quite good."      "Yeah," Jane agrees, her tone starting to change into one that is more optimistic. "It is easy money, since all I have to do is stand around, plus I will be making more than I am at the show I do."      "I can't find a downside to this offer," Sam says, looking over the e-mail still. He wants to make sure that there is no catch or any fine print that Jane should be aware of.      Jane throws the covers off of herself, quickly getting up. In her haste, she forgets to look out for where Sam is standing, who is nearly kicked by her large foot. Sam would have liked to ask Jane to watch where she is stepping. He could have been injured if he wasn't so quick to move out of her way, but he knows her typical response to such things. "Then don't stand so close to me," or "It is part of your job to be aware of where I am going," are her two most common responses to this.       She stands in front of her mirror, looking at her reflection. It isn't so much a mirror, as it is a large sheet of metal that is smooth enough to create a reflection. She is adjusting her hair a bit, which looks a complete mess and is all over the place from how she slept. Her hair's color has dulled a bit, from her being unable to use any shampoo or conditioner when washing it, though her hair still has its volume.     "I'm going to head over there immediately, let them know that I am interested in the job." She makes her way over to her pantry, opening it up so that she can grab a piece of cornbread for her breakfast.      "You're not going to change, Miss Jane?" Sam asks, watching the now excited giantess head for the door. "You're still wearing the same thing from last night."      Jane takes a bite from her breakfast, looking back at Sam as she slides the door open. "It's fine," she answers, her voice somewhat muffled since she is speaking with a mouthful of cornbread. "It's not like I have anything that looks professional anyway, all of my clothes look very similar."      Jane closes the door as soon as she steps outside, taking another bite of the cornbread that she has in hand. The day is nice with a slight breeze to it, which does mean the walk will be quite pleasant for her. Which is good since she can't exactly fit inside a vehicle and drive to her destination.      Instead of heading for her destination immediately, she makes her way behind the warehouse. She is heading right for a water tower that is around the back, being quite thirsty since her breakfast has dried her mouth out a bit. The water tower itself looks quite typical, with it being about as tall as she is, except for the fact that it has a spigot installed on the front of it for her use.      She leans down a bit, turning the handle so that water can flow freely from it. She does have a cup that she can fill up and drink from, which is a barrel, but she chooses to drink directly from the spigot itself. She doesn't know exactly why water tastes better directly from the tap, but she has never bothered to think too much about it.       After drinking her fill, she wipes her mouth as she stands up straight, feeling quite refreshed. She looks at the tower, contemplating if she should use the extra income that she will be earning today to flavor the water. Water is all she has to drink and she is getting tired of it being all that she has. She has been thinking that maybe she should add some instant tea into it, or maybe some fruit punch mix. But this is something that she will have to think about later since she does have to earn the extra money first.      Jane starts to make her way to the advertising company, eager to get started on the job that she has been offered. Her trip to the city is quite typical. Well, typical for someone like her anyway. Several people do look at her, not because she is an unusual sight, but to make sure that they are not in her way. She has been coming and going for about a year now, so she has become a common sight that most people have accepted.      Jane still has to be aware of anyone who is walking on the sidewalk, her size posing a hazard for others if she isn't careful about where she walks. Unfortunately, it is still early enough in the morning that people are still making their way to work, so there are a decent amount of people walking about. This does mean she has to slow down her pace, otherwise, she would be on top of most people very easily. Though she can step over some, one thing she can do since she isn't wearing a skirt today.      "Excuse me," she says while stepping over a gentleman, who is just gawking at her. She can't help but laugh slightly at some of the confused reactions she receives when someone sees an oversized woman just stepping over them as if they are a just small obstacle to her.       It doesn't take her long to reach the business district of the city, her long strides allowing her to cover a lot of ground very quickly. This is the one area where most of the buildings are taller than her. Back in town, the tallest buildings tend to be about three stories tall, which is slightly shorter than her. So right now, she can take some comfort that there still some things that are taller than her.       She is receiving a lot of awkward stares here since she rarely ever walks this far. True, the people here have heard about her, a woman who is over thirty feet tall. But seeing her is something completely different altogether. As she is walking she can even hear some car horns honking. This is getting on her nerves a bit and she is half tempted to yell at them. She is on the sidewalk, so she isn't impeding traffic, they have no need to honk at her. She does her best to ignore them, but the incessant noise is starting to wear on her nerves.      "What?!" she yells, turning to face the stopped vehicles. She then discovers that she isn't the one being honked at, but rather that it is directed at some of the vehicles which are stopping so that the drivers can look up at her. "Well keep going! Don't just sit there and stare at me, you're holding up traffic you damned idiots!"       Jane can only shake her head as traffic begins to move once again. "I get gawked at enough doing my show, I don't need people doing it while I am trying to walk on one of my days off."      Luckily for her, the building for Subtle Advertising isn't much farther. The building itself has to be at least ten stories tall, which easily outsizes her. She looks at it, wondering how she is going to get someone's attention inside. It's not like she can just walk on in and talk to the receptionist. Sam had failed to tell her if someone was going to meet her outside or not, something that she will have to mention to him later. She thinks for a moment, trying to think of the best way to handle this situation. Only one idea comes to her mind.       She leans forward slightly, getting her face level with one of the third story windows. She can see a woman sitting at a desk, her back towards the window, and she is busy with some sort of paperwork. Jane raises her finger to the window, gently tapping it so as not to crack or break it, but just enough to make an audible tapping sound. "Um... Excuse me?"       The woman jumps in her seat, obviously startled by the loud tapping sound she hears coming from behind her, followed by a voice. She is on the third floor, so she has to wonder just who is making that noise at the window and how they are so high up. She slowly turns around in her chair, almost a bit hesitant to discover who this person can be. The brunette's jaw drops when she sees a large face staring at her from the opposite side of the glass.      "Hi there," Jane says with a smile on her face, hoping to ease the surprised woman's nerves. She is fully aware of just how intimidating she can be at her size, and smiling warmly at her is the only thing that she can think of to help her relax.      "Y-y-your huge," is all the woman can say out of shock as she adjusts her glasses, as she is trying to correct what she is seeing.      Jane's expression quickly changes, not exactly appreciating the comment. "Really? I haven't noticed." There is a hint of both annoyance and sarcasm in her voice as she says this, she was hoping that this woman would be a bit more professional about her presence.      "Sorry," the woman apologizes. "I just wasn't expecting to see someone so high up, that's all."      "Yeah," Jane responds, now fully seeing it from this woman's point of view. "This is kind of a normal thing for me, so I can forget how others might react to the sight of me."      "Hold on," she says as she gets up out of her chair, "Your voice is a bit muffled coming through the glass." She gets up from her chair and approaches the window, opening it up. "That's better. I'm Becky by the way."      Now that Becky is a lot closer to her, Jane can make her out. Her hair is a bit on the short side, just barely reaching her shoulders, and seems to be straight. She is dressed professionally, which means that she could have some importance at the company. "I'm Jane Doe."      "So Jane," Becky says, doing her best to sound casual. Though this is easier said than done, it isn't every day that one has a woman who has to be at least thirty feet tall looking in through your window. "What brings you to Subtle Advertising? You have some service that you offer that you need to have advertised?"      "Actually, I am here because I got an e-mail saying that your company wanted me to help advertise something."     "Oh. Well, if someone wants to get the word out about something, I guess you would be pretty effective about it. Just give me a minute." Becky heads back to her desk, picking up the phone and dials the necessary extension. "Hello, Miss Rivers? Yes, there is a Jane Doe here saying that she was contacted about an advertising opportunity."       Jane is still standing at the window, listening to the conversation, though she can only hear what Becky is saying.      "Well, believe it or not, she is standing just outside my window right now."      "Of course, I will tell her right away."       Becky hangs up the phone, making her way back to the window where Jane is still waiting. "Well, Miss Rivers said that she is on her way down to discuss some of the finer details about what you will be advertising today."      "Thanks." Jane finds herself waiting for a bit. Miss Rivers did say that she was on her way down to Becky's office, meaning that she must be on one of the higher floors. She can tell that Becky is looking intently at her, almost as if she is analyzing her. "Something wrong?" Jane asks, not appreciating the stare that she is receiving. Though she can't blame the woman for looking at her like that. She just wishes that she could at least be a bit more subtle about it.      "Oh, well... I was just wondering..." It is clear that she is a bit nervous, wondering if she should even ask the question that is on her mind. She isn't quite sure if she will be hitting on a touchy subject or not.      "You wanna know how I got this damn big, don't you?"       "I am quite curious about it, yes."      "That is a bit of a long story."       "That's fine. Perhaps another time then?"      Before Jane can even respond to Becky's question, another woman steps into Becky's office. Her blonde hair is done up in a bun, and like Becky, she is dressed quite professionally. Her stride has a lot of confidence in it, which can only mean that she is one of the most important people who does work here. Standing next to Becky, it is clear that she is on the short side. Or is it that Becky is on the tall side, Jane is having a hard time telling which of the two it is due to her perspective.       "Jane Doe," the woman says as she approaches the window, "So nice to finally meet you. I am Melissa Rivers, head of this company." After introducing herself, she reaches towards the window, her right hand outstretched.       It takes Jane a couple of moments to realize what this woman is trying to do. She extends her finger, sliding it through the window. Melissa grabs the end of her finger, firmly shaking it. "Nice to meet you too."      "Right, so you are here about the advertising position, right?"      "Right. I just don't know all the details about it is all."      "Well, before we get into any more details, I need to inform you that you are only needed for today. And our client has only paid for you to be out there for five hours at a rate of a thousand dollars an hour. Do these conditions all sound good to you?"       "Uh, yeah. I already have a full-time job, so to speak. So something temporary is just fine with me."      "Sounds like we are all good then," Melissa says while clapping her hands together. "Why don't you head around to the back of the building, grab the sign that is back there and I will fill you in on where you need to go with it exactly."      "Sure thing." Jane steps away from the window, and that is when she notices something. At just about every window on the third and fourth floors are small groups of people who are all staring at her. She does understand that she is quite a sight, being the only person to reach such an extraordinary height. She just wishes people would at least try to be more discreet about staring at her. She sighs, figuring that it is best that she not say anything, for now.      She walks behind the building, noticing that there is a large board propped up against it, which can only be the advertisement that she is supposed to be holding. She steps closer to it, wondering about what kind of product that she is going to be advertising today. As she steps around to see the front of it, she stops, unable to believe the kind of ad that she will be holding.     The ad is for some weight loss program called Pound Viewers, but this isn't what has stunned her. On the board is a picture of her from about a year ago, showcasing the figure that she used to have. Printed next to her photo, as if she is saying it, is a quote, "I'd still look like this if I was on the Pound Viewers plan.      She can't help but feel outright insulted with how she is being used to advertise this product. They are essentially saying that she is fat right now. Sure, she has gained a little bit of weight over the past year. She might be on the chubby side, but she is nowhere near fat. She clenches her fists and takes a deep breath, composing herself so that she does not blow up on the next person she sees.      "So? What do you think?" Melissa asks as she rounds the corner. Her attention is on the billboard rather than Jane at the moment, otherwise, she would be aware of the woman's displeasure about the use of her likeness.      "What do I think?" Jane turns to look down at Melissa, a wave of anger still rising in her. "What do I think?!" She leans forward, looming over Melissa, doing her best to look as intimidating as possible. She points right to the ad as she says, "What kind of a fucking advertisement is this?!"      "Now, now. Please calm down." Melissa is acting quite calm, even though she has an angry woman in front of her, who just happens to be six times her size and could easily crush her if she wished to. She has dealt with her fair share of executives who do their best to try and intimidate her just to get the results they want, she isn't going to let a thirty-something foot tall woman intimidate her so easily. "I have spent several days thinking about this. It isn't saying that you are overweight, but rather that you would have a better figure due to the Pound Viewers' meals."      "Tomato, tomah-to," Jane responds. She is pointing her finger at the woman, holding it just inches away from her face. Despite this, Melissa still unphased by her actions. "It still the same message, and I don't very much appreciate it!"      Melissa shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly. "I am sorry you feel that way. But, if you disagree with this method of advertising, you are more than welcome to step away from this opportunity."      "You are damned right I am!" With that, Jane stands straight up and starts to walk away, feeling as though her time has been wasted. Time she could have easily spent in bed. She had gotten her hopes up about that extra money she could have earned from this job.      She stops just before she turns the corner, the thought of that extra income still on her mind. She had already started to make plans on how she was going to spend it too. Could she afford to let an opportunity like this just slip away? She does have her pride, but her financial situation is less than desirable.      Melissa is looking at the advertisement, feeling quite disappointed that it will never be used. "Such a shame, really. It is a nice marketing technique if I do say so myself." She turns around as she watches the large board being picked up by a large hand. "Changed your mind I see?" She is looking up at Jane, who is now carrying the ad.      "Let's just get one thing straight. I am only doing this for the extra money. I am only doing this job today. After that, I am keeping this damned board so that I can destroy it so that no one else can lay their eyes on it after today, are we clear on this?"      "Of course, I have no objections to this. As long as my client is happy about how word gets out about their product, I will have no qualms about what you do with it after the job is done."     "Good. Now, where am I advertising this at?"      "Just head downtown and stand where traffic flow is nice and busy. Make sure you not only hold up the sign so people can read it but also show off that voluptuous figure you have."       Jane takes a deep breath, trying very hard not to take offense to what  Melissa had just said. "Fine."      She walks off, holding the sign under her arm as she is making her way towards downtown. "It's easy money," she says to herself under her breath as if it is some kind of a mantra. "It's easy money."

Chapter 3: Trying to Relax by GrowingStandards

     Sam is at his desk, going over all of Jane's finances, even though this is supposed to be his day off. He often comes to the warehouse on his days off just so he can help out Jane with any tasks that she is too large to handle herself. He can't help but feel responsible for what happened to her about a year ago. He was the one who had fired the size ray at her after all, which resulted in her being stuck at her current height of thirty-four feet.       Looking over the budget again, for the umpteenth time, he can see that it is still very tight due to all of Jane's expenses, despite how much money she makes daily. Her current financial situation isn't because she is spending her money recklessly, but it is actually because of how high her cost of living has become due to her size. He is going over every aspect of her income and spending, hoping to find some way to at least help her save some more money.      She does have some extra money, but that is being put back so she can get some more clothes and hopefully a pair of shoes as well. But that effort isn't going over too well, with money constantly being pulled out for last-minute meals. Not to mention that she only has so much money to put back every week after all her necessary expenses come out from her paychecks.      One of Jane's biggest expenses is food, which is because of how much she needs to eat. One would assume that with her being six times her original size, she only needs to eat six times the amount she used to need. Which, in turn, should mean that her meals would only be about six times as expensive. Unfortunately, this is not the case because of how cube law works. He doesn't fully understand the full concept behind it himself, but he does at least understand that Jane's body needs a lot more than just six times her old caloric intake just so she can remain healthy.      Sam is hoping that with the extra money Jane will be earning from this job opportunity today, that he can help her to splurge a little bit so that she will be able to get a couple of things that she has been really wanting for a long while. He highly doubts that she will have enough to have a pair of shoes cobbled, remembering the price that was quoted for such a large pair, but a new set of clothes would be possible. Even if clothes would use up too much of the extra money, he can still at least order a couple more meal options for the week for her. He is fully aware that she is getting tired of eating the same things again and again and again.       He does see the look on her face whenever she is eating the same food repeatedly, day after day. Not to mention that he does hear her complain and grumble about it quite often as well. He can only imagine just how tiring it can get eating the same thing again and again. He doesn't have too much more time to think about this with his attention being grabbed by the sound of the shutter door being lifted open.      He turns around at his desk to see Jane, who is ducking through the entrance since it is a bit too low for her despite its dimensions. As she closes the shutter behind her, he can't help but notice that she is carrying a large sign under her arm and that she is not looking too happy something. "How was the job, Miss Jane?" He already has a good idea of what her answer is going to be, making his question more rhetorical in nature.      "I don't want to talk about it," Jane simply says. She chucks the billboard that she is carrying, the ad hitting the wall before it lands flat on the floor right after the impact.       Now Sam knows better than to ask her about the details of her day when she is in a mood such as this. Whenever she is like this, she will most likely blow him off by saying, "I don't want to talk about it," which means just that. Him trying to get her to divulge any more information about it would only annoy her more than she already is at the moment. Which would cause her to send him off on some pointless errand that would take him at least an hour or two to complete.      He approaches the sign, getting a better look at it and now having a better understanding as to what has caused the giant woman's foul mood. Luckily for him, it did land face up so that he can see what it is advertising. He can see that it has a picture of her from about a year ago, the message implying that she would still be thin today if she was on some diet program. He now fully understands why she is in such a foul mood now.      "Not a single word about it!" Jane says as she plops down in her seat, "You hear me? Otherwise, I will dock your pay."      "Yes Ma'am," Sam answers, knowing full well that she will hold true to that promise.      Jane sighs, tired of how polite and formal Sam is being. Despite ber showing her displeasure in such mannerisms for the past year, Sam continues to do it. She knows that there isn't much she can do about it, short of threatening his life that is. But right now, that is the least of her worries. "Five hours of holding up that damned sign for people to see. Five hours of feeling both insulted and humiliated because of how they used me to advertise that product. Not to mention how people were comparing me to that picture."      "I can only imagine how bad it must have been for you. But at least the job is over now and you are getting paid for it Miss Jane," Sam says sounding empathetic towards her. "Though, I must say that you do look better now than you do in that picture."      "Yeah, right," Jane says as she looks back at her personal assistant. She knows that he is lying to help her feel better. Yet, she can't help but appreciate the gesture regardless. "Thanks for saying so anyway."       "So what do you plan on doing with this billboard? Do they want you to hold it up tomorrow as well?"      "Fuck no!" Jane answers, sounding very annoyed once again. "I'm going to destroy that damn thing so no one else can lay their eyes on it. Right now I just want to relax for a bit before I take it outside and tear it into small pieces."      Jane groans as she leans up, pulling her one leg in towards herself. "My feet are killing me," she says as she wraps her hands around her sore foot. With the combination of both walking and standing around, her feet do feel very sore, not to mention that she did so barefoot. "Five straight hours of standing around on my feet really takes its toll." She looks over at Sam, who is just standing there looking at her. "Why don't you make yourself useful," she says as she stretches her leg back out, "and give me a foot rub. You might as well earn your extra pay today."       "Of course Miss Jane," Sam responds, smiling at her. He knows better than to object to any of her requests, nor does he want to. He is responsible for her current size along with her current living situation, so he is willing to do anything that will make her life easier, or at least more bearable.      He approaches his employer's bare foot, the appendages before him being slightly bigger than he is. From all the walking and standing around that she has been doing today, he isn't surprised to see that her soles look slightly dirty, not to mention there is a bit of a natural smell to them as well. He doesn't mind the odor, he has become quite used to it over time, not to mention that the smell is surprisingly mild for a woman of her size. He reaches forward and starts to rub her sole, doing so like he would with someone's back. After multiple massages, he has found this to be the most effective way to give her the foot rubs that she requests.      Jane leans her head back, already starting to feel quite relaxed, the events from the day slowly melting away. "That feels so much better now," she comments. She doesn't know how Sam manages it, but the foot rubs he gives always helps her to relax so easily. The first time she had him perform this task, she was not expecting much from him. After all, her feet were big enough before she grew, so she can only imagine what was going through Sam's head the first he was asked to give her a foot rub.  Somehow, Sam always manages to rub her feet with a sense of dedication, doing his best to make sure that it is absolutely relaxing for her. He even puts forth the extra effort to rub her toes, which is always a nice little touch for her. With all of the little man's efforts, her one foot is starting to feel better, the aches and pains from her day slowly subsiding. "Okay, other foot now," she says while pointing her neglected foot towards him.      "I'm thinking that I might take a bit of a soak in the lake tonight," Jane says. Though she isn't talking to anyone in particular right now, she is mainly just thinking out loud. The water may be a bit cold, but to sit out in the water and look up at the sky will help her to relax and put this day behind her. Just as she starts to close her eyes, feeling very relaxed as she can feel Sam's hands wrapping around each of her toes now, the warehouse gets a little bit darker from a light bulb burning out. "Oh come on!" she shouts out of annoyance, sitting up. "Can't I just relax for five minutes without something going wrong?!"       Jane gets up, feeling very annoyed at the moment as she makes her way over to the fixture, staring at the bulb that is no longer lit. "Grab a light bulb," she instructs.      "Yes Miss Jane," Sam responds, immediately doing as he is instructed.      Jane sighs, feeling that she should be able to do this task herself. She is thirty-four feet tall and the light fixture is hanging right in front of her face for crying out loud. The one thing that does prevent her from changing out the bulb herself is the fact that her fingers are too big to be able to handle the bulbs safely.      "I got it, Ma'am." Jane turns around to see Sam standing behind her, with the replacement bulb in his hand. She crouches down, lowing her open palm to the floor so that Sam can step on to it. The moment he is standing on the flat of her hand, Jane lifts her hand along with her personal assistant. She does so quickly at first, causing her passenger to stumble a bit from the sudden motion.       Luckily Sam was able to regain his balance before he fell backward. "Careful Miss Jane," he suggests as he is being lifted high into the air until he is right at the light fixture.       "Whatever," Jane replies. She can't help but smile slightly at how Sam almost lost his balance, finding it to be funny. She did intentionally jerk her hand at first for that very reason. She watches as Sam starts to switch out the bulbs, rolling her eyes. "I should be able to do this myself."      "It is a bit ironic that you rely on me for this task," Sam responds. "You are certainly tall enough to do this yourself. Unfortunately, this is just too fragile for you to handle."      Jane remembers the first time she tried to replace a bulb on her own as a giantess, the glass shattered in her hand, even as she was trying to handle it carefully between her fingers. Some glass had cut her fingers a bit as a result. Luckily for her, the cuts weren't very deep, so all she had to do was wrap several of her old shirts, which did not grow with her, around her fingers like they were makeshift bandages to help stop the bleeding.      "And... Done," Sam says. The moment the new bulb is in, it comes on, blinding both him and Jane for a moment as their eyes adjust to the newly replaced light source.       Jane bends over, lowering her hand so that Sam can step off her palm and back onto the floor." Shall I continue with the foot rub that you requested, Miss Jane?"      "No, that's alright," she answers, "My feet feel a lot better now." She heads over to her pantry, opening it up as she takes a look at what she has left. She still has a decent amount of cornbread left, but that is not what she is looking for right now. She reaches towards the back and grabs a white plastic tube that is about the length of her entire hand. Ripping the top off with her teeth, she starts to slowly squeeze the chocolate contents into her mouth.       "Is that your last tube of chocolate pudding?" Sam asks.       "Unfortunately." She looks at the now half-empty tube in her hand, debating if she should save the rest of it for tomorrow or just finish it now. Ordering them is a bit on the pricey side for her budget, so she does try to ration them out so that they last her. With her decision made, she rolls up the top of the tube in order to seal it before she places the remaining contents back. "Do I have the money to order more?"      "With the extra money you made today, it is possible."      "Actually, I have been thinking about that as well. Is it possible to flavor the water?"       "What do you mean exactly?"       "You know, with instant tea or a fruit punch mix," Jane explains. "I'm just tired of only having plain water to drink."      "I can look into it for you if you wish. An expense like that shouldn't be too much, so you should have enough extra money left over for that."      "Good," Jane says, making her way over to the billboard that she had tossed.      Picking it up, she makes her way back outside, heading to the back of the warehouse so that she can get it taken care of without being bothered. She takes a good look at the billboard that is in her hands, just staring at the offending image. "I just can't believe that they would use me to advertise a product in such a way," she mutters to herself. She has both of her hands on the edges of the advertisement, holding it on opposite sides as she tries to pull them together as if she is trying to fold it in half. The center of the sign starts to crack until it easily breaks apart for the large woman, leaving her with a piece in each hand.      "That was satisfying." Jane smiles a bit, looking at what she has just done. She drops one half to the ground, getting ready to break the remaining half that she is still holding.      Sam is watching the giantess, having followed her outside, as she continues to break apart the billboard into smaller pieces. He can't help but watch her as she is breaking the advertisement into smaller and smaller pieces, both wondering and worrying about how easily she can break apart such a relatively large object with her bare hands. With how easily she is accomplishing her goal, he can't help but worry about what she could do to him should he ever piss her off enough. He highly doubts that she would ever go that far as to harm him, but his mind does realize that it is still a possibility.      "There, that takes care of that eyesore," Jane says as she drops the last piece she has in her hands. She is wiping her hands together, looking at the shredded remains of the insulting billboard. She feels pretty good about destroying it, but that is only because of how it did portray her.     "So I take it that this means that you won't be accepting any future job opportunities from Subtle Advertising?" Sam approaches Jane as he asks this, confident that she is no longer feeling quite as upset now.      "Fuck them," Jane answers. She is looking down at her personal assistant as if he had just asked her a stupid question. "After how they used me to promote a product like that, you think I'm going to be dumb enough to give them another opportunity to humiliate me with another advertisement?"      "That is a valid point, Ma'am."       Jane stares off into the distance, looking at a pond that is relatively close by, the same pond where she bathes at. "Once it starts to get dark, I'm going to go ahead and take a nice soak and relax," Jane says as she looks back at Sam. "It's my day off and I am going to make sure that I can enjoy the rest of it."      With that, Jane turns around, heading back inside. Sam makes sure that he is out of her way, not wanting to be kicked by her. He would like to follow her inside, but he figures that it would be best to wait. He knows that she is heading inside to change, something that she prefers absolute privacy when doing.      While he is waiting, Sam is sifting through the pile that was once the billboard. He isn't looking through it long, already hearing Jane's footsteps as she is making her way back around. He looks up to see that she is ready to take a soak in the lake.      Walking out, Jane is now wearing something completely different, looking like a bathing suit. Made from a nave blue material, the top resembles a tube top, providing her slightly more than enough coverage so that she is decent. The bottoms resemble a pair of bike shorts, just so she has enough coverage. She wanted her bathing suit to be designed like this, not wanting to feel exposed since she does have to bathe in public now.       The only other thing she has with her is a large piece of cloth over her shoulder that strongly resembles a towel. It isn't able to dry her efficiently as an actual towel can, but it does serve its purpose. Besides, it's not like she has too many other options available.      Sam can't help but look at her, or more specifically the curves she has acquired since she has put on some weight. He honestly wasn't lying when he told Jane that she looks better now than she did a year ago. In his opinion, a woman's figure does look a lot better when she does have some curves.      Jane just continues walking on, not even paying attention to how Sam is looking at her, nor even caring for that matter. She just heads off the property as she makes her way over to the lake, looking forward to a nice long soak.      The walk for her isn't too far for her with it only being several miles out. Once she arrives, she takes a quick look around at the surrounding area. The lake itself is pretty clean, the water being a clear blue to where one can just about to the bottom of it. Some trees are surrounding the area, helping to give one a sense of privacy. Though most of the trees just barely reach the giantess' waist, with some of the older ones being shoulder level with her. Even though she is looking around the area, she isn't taking in the view.      She is trying to make sure that no one is around. She may be on private property, but that hasn't stopped some people from trying to catch a glimpse of her. A lesson she learned the hard way when she was still bathing au natural. Once she is confident that she is alone, she drops her towel on the ground before she dips her toes into the water.      She shivers slightly, feeling how cold the water is, which isn't too surprising for her. It is still a bit early in the spring, so the temperature isn't high enough to warm the water up. Ignoring how cold it feels, she slowly starts to walk in, getting adjusted to how the water feels. As she is looking down, she can see the ripples that she is making as she is heading deeper. Well, they look like ripples to her when they are actually closer to small waves. Getting closer to the center of the lake, her body sinking as it is getting deeper, the water rising at the shore as she is getting further in. She only stops when she hits the worst part.      The bottoms of her swimsuit have just touched the water, absorbing the cold liquid and is now sticking to her skin. This is the worst part because she isn't quite ready for how cold it feels. Her only option now is to quickly get in the center and just get it over with. At the deepest, it is only about waist deep for her, which she is okay with since she isn't looking to swim. She slowly sits down, looking forward to the nice soak that she is about have. She then starts to lean back, her long hair floating in the water.      She has her head resting on the shore and her feet propped up on the opposite side, feeling more relaxed as she is now used to the water. She sighs contently while wiggling her long toes, feeling very relaxed.      Looking up at the sky, her mind starts to wander. She starts to think about how her life has been, how it has changed over the past year, her yearning for some semblance of normality. But she isn't normal, being the largest woman on Earth places her far from that category.       She looks back towards the warehouse, contemplating an idea, one that may not end so well. "I guess I'll have Sam send out a request on my dating profile. I think I do deserve to go out on a date." She leans her head back once again, deciding to just relax for a couple of hours and nothing else.

Chapter 04: Date Night by GrowingStandards

 

 

     After leaving off the main road a black sedan pulls up into a field.  Stopping alongside the dirt road that it has been on for several minutes it's headlights are shut off along with the engine as it finally parks at it's destination.

 

     Alan steps out of his vehicle, looking at the field that is stretched out before him. He would be wondering if he has arrived at the right area, but he can clearly see the eighteen wheeler that is parked off in the distance, right next to a lake where his date said it would be. Before closing the driver's side door, he grabs the colorful bouquet of flowers out from the passenger's seat. He takes a deep breath, feeling a bit nervous before he starts to walk towards the lake, which is exactly where this woman said that she would meet him.

 

     Alan is dressed up well, without being overly dressed. He wants to give his date a good first impression of himself without it looking like he is trying too hard to impress her. He runs his fingers through his brown hair nervously, hoping that things will go well with this woman he is meeting. He will admit that he hasn't had much luck with his dating life, with things always ending in a bad way for him. Mostly due to him either saying or doing something that would upset the woman he is with. Though he is hoping that this date will be different for once, so long as he watches his actions carefully.

 

     He pulls out his phone, pulling up the dating app so that he can look at her once again before she actually shows up. She is a pretty woman overall, finding her to be very attractive. The one thing that stands out about her is her long, strawberry blonde hair, which looks like it is pretty long. Looking through all of the pictures that she has on her profile he can see that she is smiling in each and every one of them, which hopefully means that she is a happy person. He does notice that she does have some weight on her, not a lot but just enough to where it is noticeable, but he doesn't mind that. In fact, he is willing to accept just about any flaws that she may have. After all, nobody is perfect.

 

     When she had first contacted him yesterday, they did have a nice conversation, which did continue for a couple of hours. She was very easy to talk to and she seems to be pretty down to earth. He does find that she does have a nice personality as well, which is one thing that he is grateful for.

 

     After waiting around for about fifteen minutes, Alan is starting to feel a bit disheartened since his date still hasn't shown up yet. He keeps wanting to tell himself that she is just running late and that she will be meeting up with him very soon. But another part of him, the small voice of reason, is saying that he has been stood up and that she had no real interest in him. That she only wanted to play a cruel joke on him.

 

     He looks back at the eighteen wheeler that is parked next to the lake, finding it a bit odd that one would even be parked here in the first place. There doesn't seem to be anything special about it, the trailer even has a plain look to it, with no design on it to even indicate what company it is for. The only thing that does stick out about it is that it has a ladder installed on the side of it, allowing one to climb up to the top of the trailer. He can't even imagine why someone would need to climb up on top of it, is there some kind of hatch there?

 

     After waiting a bit longer, he finally gives up waiting, now believing with absolute certainty that he has been stood up by his date. He knew that this woman was too good to be true, and her absence only confirms it. Just as he starts to head back to his car, he hears a loud thud coming from behind him. Followed by another, then another. Not to mention that they are getting louder as if the source of these sounds are getting closer to him. The sound is rhythmic, almost sounding like footsteps which are coming from behind him. But from how loud they sound to him they couldn't possibly be footsteps, they are simply too loud to be the sound of anyone walking. Alan turns around slowly, not quite sure about what he is going to see. His eyes widen the moment he sees what the source of the noise is, unable to belive what he is looking at. Rather, who he is looking at.

 

     Alan sees his date walking towards him with a smile on her face. She is wearing a red, strapless dress that stops just above her ankles, exposing her bare feet. He isn't surprised by the fact that she is just as pretty as her pictures depicted her to be, nor at the fact that she is barefoot. What has him caught completely off guard is the fact that she is just so tall. Well, tall is a bit of an understatement to describe her, huge would be a much better description. He doubts that he is actually tall enough to reach her knees, and he is just a couple inches shy of being six feet tall.

 

     The woman kneels in front of him, still smiling as she brushes her long hair behind her head. "J-Jane?" is all Alan can manage to say while still trying to comprehend what he is seeing. She is actually on her knees and he still has to look up at her just to see her face.

 

      "Sorry I am a bit late," Jane says casually, even though this meeting is far from that. "You're Alan, right?"Alan can only nod in response, the man at a complete loss for words at the woman who is kneeling before him. "I am so glad that you decided to meet me out here," Jane says sounding very grateful. She is twirling her fingers in her hair, feeling a bit nervous about meeting this man. "I know that this must be a bit of an unusual date for you, meeting someone out in a field as opposed to a restaurant or even a movie theater. But, as you can imagine,” Janegestures to herself to point out her size, “there are only so many places that I can go to." She then notices what Alan has in his hand. "Are those flowers for me? They are absolutely gorgeous." She starts to reach out for them, eager to see the colorful bouquet that are intended for her.

 

    "Y-your huge," Alan finally manages to say once he snaps out of his stupor.

 

     Jane's hand stops, just inches away from the shocked man, her expression changing at what he had just said. "What?"

 

     "Your huge," Alan repeats. He can only imagine how rude he must sound right now, but he just can't get over just how big she is.

 

     "I know I am," Jane says, starting to sound slightly annoyed now. "Look, can we just enjoy this evening and get to know each other better. I'd rather not focus on my height tonight, if you don't mind."

 

     "You gotta be, what, fifty feet tall?" Alan points out, ignoring what his date had just said.

 

     Jane now looks like she is reallygetting annoyed, not appreciating what Alan is saying. Not to mention the he keeps repeating such an obvious fact. "I'm only thirty-four feet tall, thank you very much."

 

     "ONLY thirty-four feet tall?! But your profile, it says that you are only five feet and eight inches tall."

 

     "I used to be five foot eight," Jane corrects him. She is trying to put a smile on her face, hoping that this evening can still be salvaged. He is very cute and they had such a wonderful conversation over the phone, she really wants to spend some time with him and get to know hom. "So I lied about my height a little, no big deal, right?"

 

     "Lied about your height? No big deal?" Alan repeats. "I could understand if you had claimed to be five foot eight if you were a little over six feet tall. That is a little lie which is no big deal. But this," Alan starts to gesture towards Jane, "This is a lot more than a little lie."

 

     "Alan, please. Just give me a chance," Jane pleads. "Don't let my size deter you."

 

     "No, no. I'm done here," Alan responds, dropping the flowers that he is holding, letting them fall to the ground. Petals falling from the flowers as they hit the ground.

 

    "You don't understand. I only said that I was five foot eight so that I could have a decent date with a decent guy." Jane leans forward, brining herself closer to Alan as a couple of tears are starting to run down her cheeks. "Just give me a chance, that is all I am asking. Get to know me, I'm sure that you will like me for who I am."

 

     "Look, right now the only thing that I have learned about you so far is that you are a liar. If you had been completely honest about yourself on your profile, I might have given you a chance tonight. But you weren't."

 

     "I'm sorry I lied," Jane apologizes. "You must understand, ever since I became this tall my life has been very difficult. Don't you think that I at least deserve a single date where I can get to know someone and have a chance of making a real connection." She starts to reach out towards Alan, intending to place her finger on his cheek, hoping that he will empathize with her.

 

     Alan reaches out as the large hand is coming towards him, in an effort to push it away. "I'm sorry. I don't care what your reason for lying was, it doesn't change the fact that you were not completely honest about yourself, bitch."

 

     Jane’s tears stop upon hearing the last word that had left Alan's lips. "What did you call me?"

 

     "You heard me, I called you a bitch. A big bitch." Alan doesn't even know why he called her that, it just kind of slipped out from his mouth. But what he saud has been said.

 

     Jane's tears stop the moment she hears what Alan has called her. "Big bitch?" She stops frowning as she starts to look angry, the last two words that he has said still echoing in her mind. "Big bitch!"

 

     Alan takes a step back, realizing that he may have made a big mistake with his choice of words. "Maybe those words were a bit harsh, I will admit that." He watches as Jane's hand reaches out for him, her fingers wrapping themselves around his body before he can even react to what tge giantess is doing. He is then lifted high into to the air until he is up at Jane's face, now able to see just how displeased she is about the comment he made.

 

     "So, I'm a big bitch?" Her tone is surprisingly calm, despite the fact of how angry she looks right now. "Oh, I will show you just how big of a bitch I can be."

 

     Alan is genuinely afraid, not knowing what the giant woman is going to do to him. At her size, she is capable of doing just about anything to him, his mind already going through every worst case scenario he can possibly think of. "Look, I am sorry about what I said," he apologizes frantically with some hope that he can calm her down. "Why don't you put me down, and we can forget all about this and enjoy our date? Isn't that what you wanted? Making a connection with someone. Me learning about who you really are."

 

     "You know what," Jane says, her expression not changing, "I got a better idea about what we can do on this date. Plus, you can see just the kind of person I really am."

 

     As Jane stands up to her full height, with Alan still in her grip, the terrified man is struggling to to free himself.  He looks down, wondering if he would be able to survive a fall from so high up. He isn't too worried about being injured, figuring that it will be better than anything that Jane has planned for him. Being unable to free himself from the giantess' strong gring he can only watch as Jane grins, the giantess approaching a tree that is a little bit taller than she is. He looks back at her, filled wit a sense of dread about what she could possibly have planned for him.

 

     "There," Jane says sounding a bit smug now as she places Alan on one of the branches. "You can spend the rest of the day here, and even all night as well."

 

     Alan looks down at the ground, seeing that he is still pretty high up from the ground. He looks back at Jane, a surprised look on his face, "Wait, you're leaving me up here all night?"

 

     "Why are you acting so surprised about that?" Jane gets a smug look on her face as she continues, "After all, I am a big bitch just like you said."

 

     "I said I was sorry," Alan apologizes again. "It was wrong of me to say that about you, I know that I shouldn't have said that. Surely we can start over and forget about this little incident."

 

     "Gee, I would really love to." There is a hint of sarcasm in Jane's voice as she says this. "But what you said has been said. Besides, I don't think that I can be with someone who can say something that hurtful to me as if it is nothing." She then grins, raising up her hand as she waves to Alan. "Can't say that I had a good time with you, but it was a memorable time. Bye, you take care now."

 

     Alan can only watch as Jane turns around and starts to walk away from him. "Wait! Seriously, you can't leave me here! I can't climb down from here! Jane! Come back, please!"

 

     Without even looking back, Jane raises her hand up, making a very rude gesture in the process. "Not my problem, asshole."

 

     Alan sighs, realizing the situation that he has gotten himself into. He does feel like Janel may have overreacted a bit, though a part of him does feel like he does deserve this from how he did decide to treat her. All she wanted was just one date. He couldn't give her that? All he had to do was just look past her size and spend an evening with her and she would have been happy. If things didn't work out between them, they could have each gone their own way.

 

     There is nothing he can do about what has happened now, what was done is done. All he can do right now is to find a way down from this tree that he is now stuck in. He reaches into his pocket, reaching for his phone so that he can call someone for some help. He does this carefully, not wanting to lose his balance and fall out of the tree that he was placed in. He pulls out his phone and unlocks it as he starts to dial a number with the hopes that someone will come out and get him down. "Give it here!" here hears a voice say. He looks up, away from his phone, to see that Jane has returned, her hand outstretched, expecting him to hand over his phone. He didn't know who he was expecting to see, she is the only one who is tall enough to be staring right at him.

 

     "I said give it here," she demands while beckoning with her fingers. "Don't make me take it from you, because I know that you won't like the alternative that I have planned."

 

     Alan feels that he has no choice but to do as he is asked, unless he wants to anger Jane even more. There is no telling what else she will do to him if he refuses to comply. He  reaches out towards the large hand that is before him, reluctantly placing the device in the giantess' hand.

 

     Jane looks down at the device that is now in her palm, seeing just how small it is in comparison to her hand. She remembers how a one used to be close to the length of her entire hand. Now, it isn't even half the length of her pinkie finger. "You know, it's been a long time since I used one of these. I bet you can imagine why that is though."

 

     Before Alan can even say anything in response to the comment, Jane turns around and throws Alan's phone. He cringes when he hears the sound of water splashing, an indication that his phone is now sinking to the bottom of the lake.

 

     "There," Jane says as she turns back to face Alan, "Now you can say that you had a date with the biggest bitch there is." Without another word she turns around and walks off, leaving the helpless man stranded.

 

     "That insensitive son of a bitch," Jane mutters to herself as she is heading back home. "Just, right off the bat, judges me based on my size. Doesn't even give me a chance. So I lied about my height to get a date. I bet people have lied about much worse. I bet he has told lies about himself than the one I said."

 

     As she continues to walk, her mind flashes back to the last words that Llyod had said to her, before he left to further his own career. "Sorry, but I don't go out with anyone who is taller than me." Those words still sting just as much now as they did back then when she first heard them. He didn't even give her a chance either, just outright said that she is too tall for him. She clenches her fists, the urge to punch something rising up within her.

 

     She takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself down a bit. She knows that if she were to take such an action it wouldn't reflect well on her. After all, at her size she could do some real damage without even trying too hard, and she does not want to do that. All she can do is to continue walking home while taking deep breaths on an effort to kerp herself calm and collected. In time her anger will subside, though that will take a considerable amount time taking into consideration what she has just been through.

 

     Arriving at the warehouse that she calls home, Jane lifts up the bay door as she ducks through the entrance. The sound of the door opening causes Sam to look over to so he can see her returning home. "Miss Jane, I did not expect to see you back so soon. How did things go with Alan?"

 

     Jane slams the door closed, causing her assistant to jump slightly at the loud noise. The door was closed with such force that it is shaking a bit. She glares at her personal assistant, not looking too happy about what she has been through this night. "Don't ask," she answers.

 

    "That bad I take it?"

 

     "I said, don't ask!" Jane repeats, sounding both annoyed and angry now. She heads towards the corner where her bed is at, laying on it face down. as she buries her face in an effort to hide her tears. She is still playing back what Alan had so rudely called her, again and again. Each time his words hurting her worse each time she replays them in her head.

 

     Sam approaches the upset giantess, keeping some distance between him and her. He has worked for her long enough to know all too well how she can be when she is like this. He has seen just how hard her life has become over the past year with even the simplest things being a bit problematic for her.

 

     "Well," Sam begins, choosing his words carefully, "I'm sure that the next date you have will go a lot better."

 

      "I doubt it," Jane replies. "It was a mistake to lie about my height on my profile. Even if it was so that I could have a better chance at meeting a decent guy." She starts to sit up, still looking at her personal assistant. The area around her eyes are glistening, evidence of the tears that she has been trying so hard to hide. "I need you to run an errand for me."

 

     "If course Miss Jane," Sam responds with a smile on hos face. With how upset his employer is, it is the least he can do for her. "What do you need?"

 

     "Ice cream. Something chocolatey to be more precise."

 

     "Ice cream?” He does think on this for a moment, planning on the best way to procure what the upset giantess is asking for. “I guess I could order some for you. Though it would really be digging into your budget that you have set aside for buying more clothes."

 

     "I didn't say that I wanted you to order some. I want you to head out to the grocery store and buy me ice cream, a lot of it."

 

     Sam looks at her, knowing full well that she is being serious about this request. This isn't the first time that she has asked him to do something that is borderline ridiculous. Though, when she tends to make such a request, it is because she is annoyed with him and wants to be alone. "Miss Jane, surely you are aware that such a purchase would affect your budget. Not just what you have put back for clothes, but for your meals as well."

 

     Jane leans in closer, "Well, with the evening I'm having it's either comfort food to help me feel better or alcohol so that I can forget about it. Which do you think would be better?"

 

     "Comfort food Miss Jane,” he quickly answers. Sam can only imagine just how much alcohol he would need to purchase just so she could get drunk enough to forget her leas than desirable evening out. Not to mention that he has no idea how she would act if she were to get inebriated, though he highly doubts there would be a favorable outcome no matter what kind of drunk the giant woman is.

 

     "So, if you want to keep your job, I suggest that you head out and buy me what I am asking for."

 

     "Yes Ma'am." Sam replies before leaving. This isn't the first time that he has been asked to run an errand that most would consider ridiculous. He knows better than to protest about the nature of the errand, knowing that Jane has asked him to run it because she is upset. Not to mention that it is his job, just like Jane had said.

 

     The moment Jane watches the door close behind Sam, she leans back, laying down in her bed. She is staring at the ceiling, wondering if it really was practical to send Sam out just to buy her ice cream. She knows that he is right about how expensive it would be just to purchase enough for her to eat her fill. But right now, all she cares about is forgetting about her horrible evening and having something that will help her to feel better. Any other problems will have to wait until tomorrow.

 

     

 

Chapter 5: The Show Must Go On by GrowingStandards

 

 

     Jane can hardly believe it, after months of scrimping and saving she has finally been able to get a pair of shoes. No longer will she be forced to walk around town in her bare feet anymore. No more scorching hot asphalt beneath her exposed soles on a hot summer day. She looks at the large box, which looks like a normal shoebox in her hands, with a big smile on her face. The giantess is the happiest she has ever been since she became thirty-four feet tall.

 

     She opens up the box eagerly, her smile widening as she gets her first look at the footwear that she has been coveting so much for many months. The shoes themselves are very plain looking, made from a white canvas material with white rubber soles. Her reaction to the box's contents is saying something completely different like she has just gotten her hands on a nice pair of heels that were custom-made by some big-name fashion designer. As far as she is concerned they might as well have been. She sits down in her chair, ready to finally put something on her feet again.

 

     "Miss Jane," Sam says, grabbing the woman's attention.

 

      Jane sighs, feeling quite annoyed that she is being interrupted. She looks over at her personal assistant, feeling quite irritated at him right now. "Whatever it is that you want, can't it wait?"

 

     "You need to wake up," Sam instructs her.

 

     "What?" Jane is confused at what Sam is telling her, she is wide awake. She isn't even dozing off. "What the hell are you talking about, wake up?"

 

     "You gotta get up and start getting ready for work "

 

     Jane is starting to get annoyed with what Sam is saying, he isn't making any sense at the moment. The next thing she knows, she is laying in her bed, looking up at the ceiling. The large woman groans, not wanting to get up quite yet. She was having a wonderful dream. She can barely remember what was happening as a lot of the details are slowly slipping away, but she knows that she was having a good one. She would love nothing more than to just roll over and close her eyes, but the still sleepy woman knows that she can't lay in bed all day long.

 

     "Good morning Miss Jane," Sam greets his employer.

 

      Jane sits up as she stretches her arms as if she is reaching for the ceiling. "Yeah yeah, morning," she replies, sounding somewhat irritated. She was having a good dream too, one that she was a bit hesitant to wake up from. Throwing her blanket off, she looks down at her bare feet, remembering how she had finally gotten a pair of shoes in her dreams. She only wishes that it had happened instead of just existing inside her subconscious mind.

 

     "I do hope that you were able to sleep well."

 

     Jane stands up, stretching her entire body to help herself wake up. "About as well as I normally do on that so-called bed of mine." Her bed isn't exactly the most comfortable thing to sleep on since the mattress is just a large sack stuffed with what she assumes to be straw. She often wonders why Jacob didn't choose to size up an actual mattress, the size ray that they once had could have done it quite easily, which would have given her a more comfortable place to sleep.

 

     "Well, hopefully in the near future we can invest in a more traditional mattress for you," Sam suggests. "That is after you purchase the other necessities that you have been requesting for over the past year."

 

     "Yeah, some decent clothes and a pair of shoes to name a couple of things," Jane mentions. She opens up her wardrobe and pulls out what appears to be a black outfit. She looks at it, not really wanting to wear it, but she knows that she has to. She looks down at Sam, looking at him as though he should know what to do right now. "Do you mind?"

 

     "Oh, right," Sam says, realizing what Jane is asking him. "Sorry, Miss Jane." He walks away, making sure that the curtain is between him and the giantess, giving her the privacy that she has requested so that she can change into her work uniform.

 

     Within minutes Jane steps out, now wearing a different outfit. A black top that looks like it belongs to a strapless dress, though the bottom of it stops just above her stomach, and a black skirt that stops just past her knees. Normally she avoids wearing skirts that are so short, at her height, it is very easy for anyone to look up and see underneath it. Though there isn't anything to see since she is wearing a pair of shorts underneath just for that reason.

 

     She looks at herself in the mirror, which is a large sheet of metal, not exactly liking the outfit that she is wearing. The top is on the tight side and form-fitting, really accentuating the curves she has acquired over the past year. Not to mention that it does draw some attention to the slight bulge her stomach now has. If she could, she would have tossed these clothes out long ago. Unfortunately, it is her work uniform, so to speak.

 

     She tugs at her clothes slightly, making sure that there are no folds or creases in the fabric. She does feel that if she has to wear these clothes, they should at least look presentable. "That should do it." She isn't saying this to anyone in particular, but rather just to hear it out loud, as she takes one last look in the mirror.

 

     "You do look like you are ready for your job," Sam comments. He watches as she adjusts her long hair, making sure that it isn't all over the place and is looking at least halfway decent. Jane doesn't pay Sam any mind, feeling that his input on this matter is not that important. She steps over him as she makes her way over to the pantry, her stomach starting to remind her that she hasn't eaten anything since the forty gallon-sized containers of ice cream that Sam had bought for her last night.

 

     She remembers how he told her that it was a bit of an unnecessary expense, one that would dip into the money that she has been trying to hold back for clothes and shoes, but at the time she didn't care. After how Alan refused to give her a chance on their date and what he called her yesterday, she rated some comfort food that night.

 

     Grabbing a piece of cornbread for her breakfast, since she doesn't have too many other options, she closes the pantry before turning back to look at Sam. "I am running low on cornbread, you might want to place an order for more."

 

     "I will be sure to get right on it, Miss Jane." He watches as she takes a bite of her breakfast, her face clearly saying that she is getting tired of eating cornbread on just about a daily basis. If it wasn't for the splurge she did last night, he could have looked into the possibility of ordering her another meal option or two. Quite possibly a casserole based dish.

 

     Jane leaves out of the warehouse, ready to head out to her job. As she ducks through the entrance, she can hear Sam saying, "Have a good day." She simply rolls her eyes, believing that the only way that she is going to have a good day is if she is having a day off. Closing the bay door behind her she begins to make her way to her place of employment.

 

     Jane's walk into town is pretty typical, at least what would be considered typical for a thirty-four-foot tall woman. Some people are stopping to take a look at her as she is walking along the sidewalk, even watching as she does need to duck under utility lines that are in her way. She isn't exactly an odd sight, her trips coming into town and leaving being quite common. but that does not change the fact that she js quite a spectacle in her own right.

 

     It is late in the morning so there aren't too many people walking or driving through town, which Jane is thankful for since it makes her walk to work that much easier. If the sidewalk was packed with pedestrians she would have found herself stepping around them and practically tiptoeing to avoid kicking or stepping on anyone. At her massive size, her feet can be dangerous yo anyone below her.

 

     She soon finds herself at her place of employment, the large sign making it rather obvious that she does work there. The sign has a picture of her from about a year ago when she still had her ideal figure. She is smiling and giving a friendly wave on the sign with the words "The Georgia Giantess" printed right next to her. She shakes her head while sighing, wondering why she even agreed to work here in the first place.

 

     Her attention is diverted when she hears a voice calling out to her. "Morning Jane." She looks down to see one of the other employees looking up at her, waving.

 

     She smiles back at him, giving a similar wave back. "Morning, Hank."

 

     Hank is one of the few employees that works here as well. He tends to do a little bit of everything, but he mainly works at the ticket counter. She can only imagine why he chooses to continue working here, believing that there are better job opportunities available to him.

 

     Jane starts to head onto the property, making her way to the building where she is supposed to perform. The building itself isn't as large as the warehouse she is currently living at, but it is still large enough to accommodate her performance needs.

 

     Entering through the back, which is where her entrance is, she ducks through into what she refers to as the waiting area. She sits downs, stretching her legs out to have some alone time before the start of her first show. She doesn't care for what she is doing since it makes her feel like a sideshow attraction more than anything else. The only reason that she continues to do this is that it is a steady job that provides her with decent pay. Does she need to even mention that it was the only job she could get?

 

     She remembers how difficult it was for her to even get a job at her current size. The several places she did try to apply didn't want to hire her. If it wasn't because they saw her as a liability it was because of the relatively high wage that she was requesting. Arnold was the first one to even offer her a job, going into full details about what she would be doing. She had no choice but to accept, what else could a woman of her stature even do for a living and earn a livable wage?

 

     "Morning, Jane," Arnold says in a cheerful tone as he approaches the oversized woman. "I certainly hope that you have been doing well."

 

     "Morning Arnold," Jane says with a smile. Her smile towards the old man is genuine, as opposed to ones that she often has to force. She kind of sees him as a grandfather figure from how he has been looking out for her and making sure that her best interests are being met. "I've been doing okay."

 

     "Just okay? I am very sorry to hear that. Especially when I know that you could be doing a lot better."

 

     "Yeah, well life is a bit difficult for me now. Because, let's face it, being a massive size isn't exactly a big help."

 

     "Well, you know what they say. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I know it is a clichéd thing to say, but I do believe it to be true."

 

     Jane shakes her head at the advice she was just given, finding it to be clichéd as he had just said. "Unless life wants to give me some sugar as well, it looks like I am making some sour ass lemonade then."

 

     "That is true, I can't argue with you about that logic. But, I will say that it is up to you to make it sweet now, isn't it?"

 

     "I guess that does make some sense." Jane can't help but smile a bit at those words. Not just because they were corny, but because what he said did make some sense as well.

 

     "There is that smile that I like to see. That just made my day a bit sweeter and hopefully yours as well. I wish that I had more pleasantries to discuss, but I have something to discuss with you about your first show's routine."

 

     "Look, my routine is fine as is," Jane says, believing that nothing needs to be changed about it. After doing these shows for about a year, she does feel that it is fine as is.

 

     "And I agree with you on that one hundred percent. I am just thinking that something candid should be added, that's all."

 

      Jane isn't particularly too fond of changing up her routine. She already feels that she does enough to showcase her size for a crowd of people. "What is this idea you have?"

 

     "I was thinking, at the end of your first show, that we could have some people from the crowd ask you some questions. You know, get to know you better as a person and not just as the Georgia Giantess."

 

      "I don't know." Jane does sound a bit hesitant about this idea. "I mean, it does sound like a good idea. But with how some of these people are, I can only imagine the types of questions that they will throw at me." She can already imagine some of the perverted questions that she would be asked. Personal questions that she would never dream of answering.

 

     "You don't need to worry about that. I have already considered that. Any and all questions for you will be submitted in writing first. Then they will be read to you by Hank. This way we can have some control over which questions you will receive and can avoid anything too personal or inappropriate for you to answer."

 

     Jane can't see anything wrong with Arnold's idea. Not to mention her biggest worry about the idea already being put to rest. "I'll go ahead and give it a shot," she finally agrees.

 

     "I am glad that you are willing to add this to your routine." Arnold looks down at his watch before looking back up at Jane, "It is getting close to your first show now. I do suggest that you start to prepare. I would like to wish you luck but, per tradition, that would be bad luck. So, break a leg."

 

     Jane smiles at the old man as he leaves her to prepare for her first show. She doesn't stand up immediately, feeling that she does have some time before people start to show up. Her mind starts to wander, already thinking up the kinds of questions that she may be asked and how she might answer them. She highly doubts that any of the questions that she will be answering are going to be simple. This means that she is either going to have to answer them honestly or think of an answer that is on the creative side.

 

     Her thoughts are interrupted when she hears Hank talking, who is obviously talking to a crowd of people. "The show will be starting in a moment, the Georgia Giantess is probably sleeping still."

 

     That phrase is her cue to get out there and start performing. Slowly standing up, she starts to mess up her hair to give herself a case bed head. She even pulls some strands of hair in front of her face to help with the look that she is aiming for. Taking a deep breath, she lets out a loud, audible yawn.

 

     Jane steps out in front of the crowd, her eyes half-closed as she has her arms raised as high as she can as if she is stretching. Due to the ceiling not being high enough for her, she has to bend her arms back to do this. "That was a good night's sleep."

 

     Looking at the crowd, she can see that almost half of them are amazed at the sight of her, meaning that they must not be from around here. The crowd is a good size today, which means that a decent amount of tickets have been sold. She can remember when she first started doing this, the place was packed to its maximum capacity. But as her novelty started to dwindle, so did the audience and her paychecks.

 

     She puts a smile on her face as she starts to wave to everyone. "Good morning everyone," she greets them in an overly cheerful tone, her actions being a part of her showmanship. "It's so nice to see so many people here this morning."

 

     Half of the people in the crowd are stunned, trying to fully comprehend what they are looking at before them. They were only expecting an unusually tall woman. Believing that the title Georgia Giantess is an exaggeration about her height. Instead, they are looking at a woman who can be accurately described as being colossal.

 

     Jane leans forward a bit so that she can loom over the crowd, giving them a good perspective on her extraordinary height. "First off, let me introduce myself properly. I am Jane, the Georgia Giantess." She takes a step back, standing up straight once again as she continues to speak. "I bet I can guess one of the first questions that is on your mind. How tall am I exactly? After a recent measuring yesterday, I can easily tell all of you." She leans forward again, holding up a single finger as she winks at the audience. "But I think it would be better if I measured myself again and show you."

 

   Jane walks past her audience, making sure that she is a couple of feet away from them. With none of the people in the crowd being as tall as her knees, they can get a better sense of just how big she is as she walks by them. Even the tallest men in the audience can't help but feel like children from how small they are when compared to this woman.

 

     Jane approaches a large, wooden board that reaches the ceiling of the warehouse. The board itself is plain-looking except for some lines that are exactly a foot apart from each other, and each one is numbered from one to thirty-six. "Let's see," she says with a sense of curiosity, standing right next to it, making it very obvious that she is standing next to an oversized ruler. She places her hand flat on top of her head before she steps away from the measuring apparatus. "I am exactly thirty-four feet tall," she states, looking at where her hand is at.

 

     She can hear some people in the crowd murmuring a bit, obviously talking about her extraordinary height. "And to answer another common question I am asked, yes, I am done growing. I have been thirty-four feet tall for about a year now."

 

     Jane heads back to the front of the crowd, all eyes on her as she returns to her stage "Do you all mind if I sit down? It kind of hurts my neck having to look down at you for so long." She sits down, crossing her legs, even though she is wearing a skirt. The only reason that she can sit down in that manner, without exposing herself is because of the shorts that she is wearing underneath it.

 

     The rest of the show is her talking about how even everyday things are difficult for her due to her immense size. Bringing up how even some of the simplest actions, like walking, could pose a hazard to others if she isn't careful about her surroundings. The idea of her needing to duck beneath utility lines did get some light laughter, the idea sounding a bit on the absurd side to everyone. She starts to wrap up her show, talking about how the world does look like a living dollhouse to her, and she is even holding a normal-sized chair in her hand to help illustrate her point.

 

     "Alright," Jane says, who is now fidgeting with a tire. She has it on her finger, in the same fashion that one would wear a ring, though it is loose enough to the point where she can twirl it around her finger. "Normally this is where I would have to say goodbye to such a great audience, but today is going to be slightly different. When you all came in today you were each asked to write down a question that you would like me to answer, and I am going to be answering some of them today. Unfortunately, I can't easily read any of them myself. The print is way to fine for me. So instead of hiring a billboard painter to rewrite your questions, Hank will be reading them out to me."

 

     Jane feels a bit anxious as Hank is looking at the first piece of paper, absolutely dreading what the first question is going to be. Arnold did tell her that questions of a certain nature would be filtered out, but what if there are way too many to do so? She would be too embarrassed to even think of an answer. Her stomach starts to flip flop a bit as Hank begins to read the first question. "What is your favorite color?"

 

     Jane gets a bit of a surprised look on her face, looking somewhat dumbfounded. "My favorite color?" she repeats, wanting to make sure that she heard the question correctly. To be honest, she wasn't expecting such a simple question. "It's purple."

 

     "Are you seeing anyone?"

 

     This is a question that is a lot closer to what she was expecting. She figures that the only reason this one made it is because it isn't too personal to ask her. "Not at the moment. Believe it or not, I do go out on dates. I just haven't met that special guy yet, is all."

 

     "How did you get to be so tall?"

 

     "Well..." Jane has to think about this question for a moment. It's not that she doesn't know how she got to be so tall, she does remember that event all too well. It's just that she is debating on how much of the truth she should tell. She smiles nervously as she decides on the answer that she will be giving. "There was a lab accident that involved a size ray. I just happened to be the one it hit. Next thing I know," she gestures to herself to help give her point, "I became the Georgia Giantess."

 

     "Okay everyone," Jane says, sounding quite cheerful once again. "That is it for this show, thank you so much for coming. I have three other shows today, and each one is completely different. I urge you all to try and see all of them." She waves to the crowd, widening her smile. "Have a good day everyone."

 

     She watches as everyone is starting to leave, except for one woman who is looking right at her. She can't help but think that she has seen this woman somewhere before.  She doesn't bother trying to place her face since she just wants to relax before her next show begins. "The show is over. If you wish to see more, you are more than welcome to purchase a ticket for the next show."

 

     "Jane, it's me, Becky from Subtle Advertising."

 

     Hank walks up to Becky, allowing Jane to see that the woman is indeed quite tall, being at least a full foot taller than Ryan.

 

     "Hank, it's okay," Jane says, stopping him from trying to escort the woman out. "I know her, she can stay."

 

     "Sure," Hank responds. He has no reason to argue with Jane about Becky staying after the show, taking her word for it.

 

     "Sorry about that," Jane apologizes. "I didn't recognize you. You can imagine that I do have a hard time recognizing people from my perspective." The fact that she is dressed casually instead of professionally, when she first saw her, really didn't help either.

 

     "It's okay," Becky replies. "So this is what you do for a living?"

 

     "Yeah. People constantly coming to see me like I am some kind of oddity, what a job, right?"

 

     "At least it's steady work for you." She smiles at the giantess, hoping that her comment does come off as being optimistic like she intended. "So a lab accident is how you got to be your current, huh?"

 

     "So you were the one that asked that last question?"

 

     "Yeah. You didn't get the chance to answer me the last time I asked. So I thought that I might as well try asking you again."

 

     "Yeah, I guess I did owe you that answer. Though the answer I gave was not one hundred percent truthful."

 

     "I kind of figured as much, the idea of you growing because of some size ray is kind of outlandish."

 

     "That much was true."

 

      "Wait, you were serious about that?" The woman is shocked upon hearing this, the idea sounding like it came straight out of a science fiction movie.

 

     "I thought the same thing when I first saw the device myself." Jane proceeds to tell Becky about the events from about a year ago that led to her current height. The show that she was supposed to be in and the part she was supposed to play. How the size ray was used on her and eventually exploded which resulted in her being stuck at such a large size. All the way up to how the show just fell through.

 

     "Wow," Becky finally says after hearing Jane's story. "So you were going to be on a tv show, and all you had to do was just be big? Sounds like you were given a unique opportunity."

 

     "Yeah well, unfortunately that opportunity backfired on me and now I'm stuck like this." Jane sighs, knowing that she can't just sit around and talk for much longer. "Listen, I gotta start prepping for my next show. If you don't have any other plans, you are more than welcome to stay and watch if you want."

 

     "As interesting as that sounds, I don't have the money to buy another ticket."

 

     "Don't worry about the admission fee. Besides, I think it will be nice to have someone to talk to while I am working."

 

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=8774