The breaking point by papayoya
Summary:

One of my favorite giantess stories of all times is "Amanda at large" from Typesbad. I've already written some other giantess stories, but I believe "The breaking point" is the one that feels more like the classic.

As Typesbad said when he posted Amanda at Large for the first time: consider it your typical, if somewhat long, giantess in the city procedural


Categories: Giantess, Violent Characters: None
Growth: Mega (501 ft. to 5279 ft.), Titan (101 ft. to 500 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: F/m
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: The breaking point
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes Word count: 131171 Read: 138731 Published: July 26 2019 Updated: January 04 2020

1. Chapter 1 by papayoya

2. Chapter 2 by papayoya

3. Chapter 3 by papayoya

4. Chapter 4 by papayoya

5. Chapter 5 by papayoya

6. Chapter 6 by papayoya

7. Chapter 7 by papayoya

8. Chapter 8 by papayoya

9. Chapter 9 by papayoya

10. Chapter 10 by papayoya

11. Chapter 11 by papayoya

12. Chapter 12 by papayoya

13. Chapter 13 by papayoya

14. Chapter 14 by papayoya

15. Chapter 15 by papayoya

16. Chapter 16 by papayoya

17. Chapter 17 by papayoya

18. Chapter 18 by papayoya

19. Chapter 19 by papayoya

20. Chapter 20 by papayoya

21. Chapter 21 by papayoya

22. Epilogue by papayoya

Chapter 1 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 1

Lucia was sweating. She was usually quite intense in the gym, and today she needed to let out more steam than usual. Her boss was getting her out of her nerves.

She had worked at BioChem for 3 years already, but the new manager she had been assigned to just a few weeks ago was, by far, the worst he had ever had. As a matter of fact, he was probably one of the worst people she had ever met, and she had known some very nasty human beings. Working as an executive assistant for one of the vice-presidents was never easy. This was not her first experience in the position and she was unfortunately used to bosses not respecting her job. It made her mad.

She needed the money though, so she just hid her feelings. Sooner or later, she would find a better job than that, one where her wits and her education were respected, and then she would not need to stand some behaviors anymore. She was much better than everyone considered her, and she would soon show it to the world.

Her new boss was doing something that none of the previous ones had done. He was harassing her. It had started very soon, in the first day. He looked at her chest and not at her. It bothered her, but she said nothing. Then, he started shooting glances at her legs and ass, as well. Despite dressing with pretty formal business attire, Lucia’s body was fit and voluptuous, and she did not see a reason to hide it with baggy clothes, so her chest and ass ended up being noticed. She did not mind a furtive glance from time to time. She even enjoyed them, somehow reminiscing of her times in high school and college, where being the center of attention had been most of what she had cared about.

But her new boss was making her crazy. He did not move his eyes from her different assets and despite having a pretty face with large deep brown eyes, he did not look up at all.

As the weeks advanced, he started getting more and more annoying. First, there were “funny” comments. Then, he started looking for physical contact. And today he had touched her ass. He had not even tried to find an excuse. He just passed next to her and touched it. When she looked at him, he just smiled.

She left early and shot an icy glance to two men that were at the coffee machine and who she overheard talking about her good looks. And she had been in the gym for an hour and a half already. Indoor cycling had not been enough. Fitness and weights had not been enough either. So she ended up fighting a punching bag as if it were her worst enemy. Finally, when she was as exhausted as relaxed, she left for home.

Traffic was heavy, as usual. It did not help to improve her mood. She decided she needed to talk to someone as her car was crawling at snail’s pace in the ramp that would lead her to the highway, so she took an earlier exit and parked by the Fire Station where Carl worked.

Carl was the only positive thing that had happened to her over the last months. They had been going out for a short while, but she really fancied him. Of course, his firefighter body, his biceps and his abs had contributed to her opinion. He was hardly the first hot guy she had gone out with, though. Back in college, hot guys lined up to get into her panties.

“Hi Mike,” she smiled at the firefighter in the reception desk. She had met most of Carl’s colleagues and she had soon become a favorite in the fire station, much to her delight.

“Hey Lucia,” the man replied warmly. “What’s up?” he asked. He looked quite surprised.

“Nothing. I just came by, to see if I could take Carl out for a coffee around the corner,” Lucia said.

Mike’s face showed even more surprise and Lucia knew that something was wrong.

“Eh… Carl’s not here at the moment,” he said.

“But he was on call,” Lucia replied, now surprised herself.

Lucia had been sleeping more and more often at Carl’s apartment since they started going out, but this week she had had to make other plans since he was on call at the station for three days.

“Well…” Mike started.

Lucia looked to a wall in the distance and saw one of the multiple posters of centerfolds that decorated the place. She had laughed at them first, finding them funny, especially when some of Carl’s colleagues had compared her to them. Now, the sight of one made a very cold shiver run down her spine.

“Is he on call?” she asked, her face suddenly very serious.

Mike was having a very hard time, that much was obvious. He finally replied:

“Not… not right now,”

Lucia did not even bother the reply. She just turned and stomped her way to the car. The fact that traffic made the five-minute drive last twenty just managed to make her mood worse, and it was pretty damn bad to start with.

One of Carl’s neighbors got out of her way as she stomped her way again, this time from the car to the front door of the building where he lived. She kicked the door, getting a somewhat scared glanced from the neighbor, when the key refused to turn for the first time. Then, she opened and hurriedly walked the path towards the elevator. It left her in the 24th floor, right by the door of Carl’s apartment.

She looked at the key holder again and tried to identify which was the one to the apartment’s door. She had had them for a short time and she did not know them that well, yet. They key just turned once before the door opened, indicating that Carl was in, since he had not used the security lock. She kicked the door in and it slammed hard on the opposite wall.

Lucia had a moment of doubt then. What if everything was a massive misunderstanding? How would she justify her behavior to Carl? She would certainly look like a mad woman…

The thought died the moment she saw the skirt and panties on the floor. Lucia felt her blood boiling. Taken by madness, Lucia stomped to Carl’s bedroom and kicked yet another door open. There he was. And so was she. The “she” was a blonde woman, sitting by Carl’s side in the bed and completely naked. Lucia could not prevent noticing that she was really hot. The woman yelled as Carl looked as embarrassed as he looked surprised.

“Who the hell is this bitch?” the woman yelled.

“Bitch?” Lucia asked.

It was as much as she could take. Taken by madness, Lucia rushed towards the bed, took the woman by the armpits and shoved her out of bed with unnatural strength, fueled by her uncontrolled anger.

The blonde was suddenly scared and balled into the corner where Lucia had sent her. Lucia’s dark eyes had a killer look as she moved towards her and then kicked her with all her strength. She got her in the stomach first. Had the woman not protected herself with her arms she could have done some serious harm there. Her second kick got her partially in the face. She could see blood trickling from the woman’s lip and a quick look down showed Lucia that part of it had stained her new high-heeled shoes. This made her even madder, so she got ready for a third kick as the woman yelled like crazy.

She could never connect it. Her right foot kicked thin air as she was grabbed from behind and pulled back. It was, of course, Carl.

Being prevented from her retribution made Lucia madder. She fought and kicked, but Carl was way stronger than she was. Then, she tried to pry her strong arms open, but it was to no avail. Out of rage, Lucia bit Carl’s right hand. She did not hold back and soon Carl let out a pained scream.

She felt herself flying an instant later. Carl had shoved her. The impact with the bureau was hard on her kidneys. Lucia let out a groan and fought against the pain, barely managing to stay afoot.

Her adrenaline was still asking her for more, but when she managed to look up all she saw was Carl’s body blocking her path to the blonde bitch. He was protecting her. This only managed to make Lucia’s rage increase. A certain amount of rational thinking took over her in that moment though. Carl was a full foot taller than her, and naked as he was, it was easy enough to see that he was also way stronger than her.

She was not getting through him. So instead, she just took hold of a vase and threw it at Carl, aiming for the head. He ducked in the last second, the vase crashing against the wall behind her and shattering into pieces.

Lucia wanted more, but a small shred of conscience was already trying to tell her that she had gone way over the top. The blonde woman moaned in pain and she saw her crawling behind Carl, blood still dripping from her very swollen lip. In front of her she saw Carl, his expression as he looked towards her showing a mix of panic and disdain. She remained motionless for a second. Then, she turned and ran towards the door, throwing everything she found in her way. As she opened the door, she yelled:

“You will regret this, you fucking bastard!” and slammed the door behind her.

She drove way faster than the speed limit; she wanted to reach her apartment as quickly as possible. And, of course, her day got worse. As she was driving down I-377, she saw the blue and red lights of the police, asking her to pull over. She did, punched the steering wheel a few times and waited, incredibly angry, for the policeman to exit his car and approach the window.

She felt as if the Gods were looking at her and having a good time making her life miserable just for the sake of a few laughs.

“Ma’am, can I have your driving license, please?” the cop said as he reached her window and looked in, not trying to hide too much the glance he took down her cleavage.

Lucia took a deep breath, reached for her purse, took her driving license and passed it to the cop.

“Do you know how fast you were driving, Miss Torres?” the cop said.

“No, not really,” she answered, in a not very nice tone.

“You were 30 mph over the speed limit,” he said.

“There was no one on the road… I did not realize… it’s been an incredibly hard day, you know?” she said, trying to calm down a little.

“We all have hard days, Miss Torres. This does not entitle you to do anything you want” the cop replied, patronizing her. She hated it when people did this to her. She really, really hated it.

“I realize about that, officer, and I promise that I will be more careful and I won’t do that again. But, just for this time, couldn’t we just let it pass?” she asked, making a huge effort to sound nice despite what she really thought about the man.

“Not a chance, miss. Who do you think I am?” he said. Oh, God, Lucia thought. Not a speech! Please, not today! The cop went on: “You were endangering other people’s lives and it is my duty to make sure that you learn your mistake and that the law is applied with all its weight”

She looked at him coldly and said:

“Ok. Then, tell me how much the fine is and let’s get done with this, then”

The cop smiled. She instantly hated that smile.

“Oh, the fine for speeding is $600” she felt a stab in her stomach. This was way more than what she had expected and would be a serious hit to her very battered personal finances. But the worse was still to come. The cop said: “And now, we should take care about the broken back light”

Lucia said instinctively: “What?”

“One of your back lights is not working” the cop said.

She knew about that. It had been broken for a couple of weeks, but she had not had the time to change it. She lied, though:

“I had not realized. It must have happened today”

The cop chuckled:

“Do you expect me to believe that, Miss?”

Lucia was getting very pissed off with him, which accumulated to the frustration and anger of the day was making her to very seriously consider assaulting him.

“You can believe whatever you want. This is what I said” she said in an angry tone.

“No need to get nervous, Miss. I may overlook the fine for the light, as long as you can replace it”

“What, now?” she asked, incredulous.

“Of course” the cop said, coldly.

“How do you want me to replace it?” she asked.

“Don’t you have any spare bulbs? It is compulsory” the cop said.

Lucia knew she did not have any spare bulbs. She had asked the mechanic to use them the last time she brought the car to the garage, in order to save some money in the total repair. She looked up, frustrated, and said:

“No, I don’t have any spare bulbs”

A trace of a smile could be seen in the cop’s face:

“Then, I’m afraid that I will need to immobilize your car.”

“What?” she asked

“You cannot drive without all the lights. Either you replace them now or your car will be towed.” he said.

“I do not have bulbs. But, listen, I only need to take the next exit and I will be home. There is no need to make all this mess for a bulb, is there?” she said.

“Again, I am the one who decides what’s legal and what’s not, and I’m afraid that I cannot let you drive your car under those conditions. I will call, asking for your car to be towed. I suggest you get someone to pick you up” he said, and she could see, once more, a trace of a smile in his face. He was having a good time with that. She wanted to get out of the car and slap him, kick him, punch him. She hated him. But she controlled herself. The last thing she needed on that day was to end up arrested in the precinct.

She looked up at him, with real hate in her eyes, and said:

“Will I be towed with the car or will I be left here?”

“Oh, you cannot walk in the Highway, Miss” he said. “Anyway, here you have your receipt for the car and the fine for speeding and for the bulb. I’ll wait in my car until the patrol arrives. Have a nice evening, Miss”

As he turned and moved away, she rolled the window up and muttered: “Have a nice evening too, fucking bastard”

Then, she picked her cell phone and thought on who to call. The list was really short. With Carl out of it for obvious reasons, the only option was Sharon, her best and only friend in Kingston.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Two hours later, Sharon left Lucia at her apartment.

“Thanks again, Sharon”

“No problem at all. That’s what friends are for,” she said.

“But, living in the outskirts, this was a long drive for you. And now you have to drive back” Lucia said

“Look, this is not your fault but the cop’s, so stop apologizing, ok?”

“Ok, thanks again. I should really leave. It’s getting late for you”

Then, Sharon said:

“There is something else, apart from what that cop did to you.”

“What?”

“Come on. It’s plain enough to see.”

Lucia looked back at her and said:

“I don’t want to bore you with my problems. It’s really very late.”

“I don’t care about the time. What is it?”

Lucia broke: “My life. It sucked already, and the little I had just shattered into pieces today.”

Sharon raised an eyebrow. She had not expected it to be so bad, even if Lucia really looked like shit.

“So… why don’t you invite me to a cup of coffee and you tell me about it?” she said

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Half an hour later, Lucia was sobbing as she told Sharon about her boss Phil and his harassment. They had already gone over Carl. Sharon had a hard time to decide which of the two men made her sicker.

“Everything in my life is a failure, Sharon!” Lucia finally said.

“What the hell are you saying?”

“Look at me! I’m 27 and I only have a shitty job where my boss only wants me for my tits and ass, and no matter how much I tell myself that it is temporary, until I get something better, I know that it is not.”

“Come on, Lucia, you are prepared for much better jobs than that,” Sharon said.

“I know, but no one will ever give me the chance. All they see in me is a hot Latina chick that dresses slutty enough to treat their eyes,” she said. “And apparently, Carl only saw the same!”

“Oh, come on Lucia, that is so untrue!”

But Lucia was just talking without paying too much attention to what Sharon was saying.

“When did my life become a failure?” Lucia asked.

“What?” Sharon asked back.

“You know… it was not always like this. I was someone, back in college. Boys chased me, girls looked up to me…” Lucia started, a trace of a smile in her sobbing face. Then, she stopped and said: “When did it all go to hell?”

“Lucia, it has not gone to hell. Life changes, but you are a wonderful person,” Sharon tried to say.

“I’m a piece of shit,” Lucia said. Sharon was about to say something, but Lucia was not looking at her. She was looking at an indeterminate point in the wall, talking almost to herself. “But I will turn this around. I will show the world that I’m cut for something better. And then, those idiots at BioChem and that fucking bastard of Carl will realize what they missed!” she finished with a weird-looking grin.

Sharon stayed for a while more. When Lucia was calm enough to go to bed, she hugged her and headed for the door.

“Thanks Sharon. You are really a good friend,” Lucia said with a soft voice as she was opening the door.

“It was not such a big deal,” Sharon said, shrugging

“Oh, it was. You are the only decent person in my life.”

Sharon smiled at her and left.

 

 

End Notes:

 

If you want to see more of my stories and art, please visit: https://www.deviantart.com/papayoya

Chapter 2 by papayoya

Chapter 2

 

It was hard for Lucia to wake up and go to work, but she needed the job, so she had to do it.

She wore an angry face as she got into the office, early. As usual, her boss was not there. He would arrive no earlier than 9:30. She took advantage of that time to get the work done. If she could finish early in the morning, she might be able to go to the gym. At that moment, it was the only thing she really wanted to do.

Phil arrived at 9:45. And that day he started right from the first minute. The funny comments, the looks at her chest and ass… Lucia was getting nervous, very nervous. And then, as she was looking for some reports he had asked about, he stood next to her and brought his hand to her ass once more. This time he left it there.

Lucia lost her mind. Something in it shut down. And she just turned and slapped Phil as hard as she could in the face. She was a fit young woman and by Phil’s reaction, her slap hurt. She saw his cheek reddening and felt proud about what she had done in an irrational way.

Outside the office, several people saw it and the whispering started right after. Phil did not know how to react for a second. He was red faced, and not only from the slap. Then, he yelled at her:

“Are you crazy, you damn bitch?”

Lucia, still mad, yelled back:

“You got what you deserved, you dirty bastard!”

“You are fired! Security!” Phil yelled.

“I’m going to report on you. You harassed me, you pig!” she yelled. Then, she looked at her coworkers and said: “And all of them know it!”

At that moment, all the people in the office turned at the same time and stopped looking at her. And she understood at once. No one would help her. No one would say that she had been harassed. When she turned, Phil was smiling cynically.

“Really?”

A security agent was approaching. Lucia then yelled:

“Fine, I don’t need this crappy job.”

Then she turned to her coworkers and said: “And I don’t need to work with you, you fucking rats”

Then, for a second Lucia felt dizzy and brought her hands to her head. The security guard tried to reach for her and asked:

“Are you alright, ma’am? I need you to follow me.”

When she felt the hand of the security guard on her arm, Lucia recovered and pushed him.

“Don’t fucking touch me!” she yelled

The security guard looked at her with puzzle. He could not understand how a quite petite woman had been able to push him, with his 6’4” and his 220 pounds a couple of feet backwards. He did not have time to find out. The woman stomped her way towards the exit and he just followed her. When she reached to door, though, she turned and raised her voice for all the officer workers in the floor to hear:

“You will all regret this, you damn bastards!”

And then she slammed the door shut behind her.

It was amazing how quickly Lucia went from anger, to frustration, to depression and to anger again. As soon as she got into the car, she slammed her fists repeatedly into the steering wheel as she yelled. She could not accept that genuinely bad people like Phil could get things going their way while people like her always got beaten. Then, she realized that she was jobless. She barely had any savings in the bank, she had just got a $600 fine and now she had lost her only source of income. She could not avoid crying. It wasn’t fair. Her life was miserable, and she had done nothing to deserve it. The moment she saw someone getting out of the building, she tried her best to hide that she had been crying. It was not enough. She could see as the two guys looked at her and a smirk in their faces. They had noticed. She felt her blood begin to boil once more. Then, she just started the car and stepped on the gas, making a noisy exit from the parking lot.

Ten minutes later, she was on the highway and when the car in front of her suddenly braked, all Lucia could do was to slam the brakes of her own car as hard as she could to prevent crashing into it. She managed to prevent the collision by barely a few inches. She thought she would have a heart attack but when she saw that she had prevented the accident she felt relaxed and thought that maybe her luck streak was beginning to change. She quickly changed her mind when a second later she heard brakes screeching behind her and then heard and felt at the same time a car crashing into her own.

It was nothing too bad, but Lucia had almost reached the breaking point.

“What in the fucking hell does God have against me?” she yelled as hard as she could while she slammed her hands on the steering wheel again.

When the car in front of her moved again, she drove to the right and parked in the hard shoulder. The car behind did the same. She unbuckled and got out of the car, barely able to contain her anger. It was worse when she saw that the car behind was a large Mercedes sedan and that it barely had a scratch, while her Corolla was pretty battered from the collision. A middle-aged suited man got out of the dark sedan. His first words were:

“A woman. I knew it!”

Lucia lost it. She stomped her way to the man and then, without warning, pushed him back. He was shoved two feet back and slammed into the door of his car.

“What the hell do you mean, you damned moron?”

The man tried to take one step to the front, but Lucia pushed him back. She did not stop to think that she was easily overpowering a man that was quite taller than she was and weighted much more.

“You slammed your fucking car into mine and you blame me for being a woman? Just who the hell do you think you are?” she said, slapping him in the chest.

The expression of the man changed very quickly. He had looked cocky when he had first climbed out of his Mercedes, but now Lucia saw that he was scared. Scared of her. It was a strange feeling to Lucia, but after having been overlooked and underestimated for so long, it did not feel bad.

“Miss, I’m sure that we can fix this,” the man said in a trembling voice.

“You fucked my car!” she said, still looking very angry.

He reached for the inner pocket of his suit and took out a business card.

“Here you have my card. I’ll get your car fixed. But now I need to go. I’m late!”

Lucia still did not look convinced. Still, it was shocking when the man reached into his pocked, took $200 and gave them to her:

“Here, that’s all I have with me right now. Please take it. I promise I’ll get your car fixed.”

Lucia still needed the last word.

“I have your plate number. If you fuck me I promise I’ll fuck you”

And she gave him a last shove for good measure. She felt good when doing that. Then, she turned and got into her car. The moment she sat behind the wheel, she realized that her shoes seemed to feel a little tight. Then, she saw that the top button of her blouse was somehow gone and that she was showing quite a lot of her generous cleavage. Was that what had made the man nervous? She doubted it. Her chest had caused many reactions in men along the years, but none of them had been fear.

Thirty minutes later, she was home. She wanted to lay in the sofa, drink some hot tea and forget about everything for a while. Of course, things could not go as expected. She had no tea. After much hesitation, Lucia decided to get out to the convenience store and get some. She was sure that she would need plenty. And it would not be that bad to get some air.

The moment she saw them walking straight towards her in the alley she had chosen to cut a shorter path to the store, she knew what would happen. When they cut her path and one of them took a knife out, Lucia finally reached the breaking point. She fell to her knees and brought her hands to her head. She screamed out loud. Her mind could barely focus on the overall dizziness that engulfed her entire body and what felt and sounded like clothes shredding. She could feel a very noticeable tightness, but she did not know too well from where it was coming. Somehow, she knew that the two men in front of her were saying something, but she could not focus on what they were saying.

“What the fuck? This chick is fucking crazy!” one of the muggers said.

“Just take her bag and go” the other replied.

“What the hell…?”

The two muggers heard as the woman’s formal attire began to shred and then observed in perplexity how her body started to expand. Even though she was kneeling, her head was soon level with theirs.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck! We need to go!” the first man said.

The second one was about to reply when the woman’s large dark brown eyes opened and her arm shot out for him. He tried to start running when her hand grabbed his T-shirt. He was the man with the knife and, scared, he just stabbed her in the arm.

The pain brought Lucia back to consciousness. When she felt the sharp sting and saw the man wielding the knife against her arm, she pushed him away impulsively. She was not prepared at all for what happened. Driven by her push, the man’s body was thrown 30 feet backwards and he crashed against some dumpsters with a very loud noise. Seeing what she had done, his colleague, who was now 20 feet away, turned and fled.

The first thing Lucia did was to check her arm where it had been stabbed. She was expecting a nasty wound. Instead, she found that the area where the knife had landed was barely reddened and that there was barely a small trickle of blood that seemed to be stopping.

“This is not possible,” she said aloud. She touched her arm and the pain seemed to recede.

When she got up from her knees, she saw that this was not the only strange thing that had happened. Her formal business attire, with knee-length skirt and a light blue blouse had been turned into a pretty slutty mini-skirt with an almost full-length parting on the left thigh and what looked like a vest wrapped tightly around her torso. Three additional blouse buttons were gone, completely opening the path for her generous breasts and her black bra to show and the blouse had crawled upwards to reveal her washboard flat stomach. Looking down, she saw that the toes of both feet were showing through her shoes’ opened fronts and that the heels were gone, so she could do nothing more than kicking them out and standing barefoot on the street.

“What the hell happened to me?” she said aloud once more. She was starting to freak out.

The moans of the man caught her attention. Remembering that she had pushed him, she walked towards him. When she reached him, she saw him lying next to a pretty battered dumpster. Crouching next to him, she realized that he looked too small.

His eyes opened in fear as she approached him, and his moans stopped. She could clearly see why he had been moaning, though. His right arm was out of its socket and he was bleeding abundantly from the forehead. A quick look down showed her that his right leg was bent in a very unnatural angle, too.

He pointed with his left arm, a gesture that visibly caused him pain, and said:

“Mo… monster!”

Lucia just got up, turned and started running towards her house.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

When Sharon got to Lucia’s, she found the door open. She called for her friend, but did not get a response. When she finally got inside, she heard some faint sobs and moved into the living room, looking for their source. She found it easily enough. Lucia was sitting on the floor, her back against a corner, her legs folded and her head between her knees, arms around them. She was sobbing.

Sharon quickly realized what was weird about her friend. She had a first impulse to walk away, but easily restrained it and went ahead.

“Lucia?” she called.

Her fried lifted her head and looked at her.

“You came,” she said.

“Of course, I came. I was at work when you called, but I came as quickly as I could,” Sharon said.

Lucia looked at her. She was visibly startled.

“What the hell happened to you?” Sharon asked.

Lucia hesitated for a couple of seconds and then said: “I’m a monster!” just before she broke into crying.

Sharon did not know what to do for a few seconds. Then, she walked towards Lucia’s oversized form, hugged her in a weird way and said:

“Shhhh. You are my best friend, so why don’t you stop sobbing and tell me what happened.”

It took a couple of minutes to Lucia to calm down enough, but finally she did and she told Sharon everything that had happened since the previous night.

Sharon listened to her friend’s whole story and when she finished she said:

“You have been through a lot of stress, definitely.”

“And how in the hell would stress turn me into a monster?” Lucia complained.

“You are not a monster!” Sharon said.

“And how would you call this, then?” Lucia said in an angry tone, pointing at herself.

“Well, a late growth spurt, it would seem,” Sharon said.

Lucia narrowed her eyes and replied:

“Do you know many teenagers with late growth spurts that end up throwing a man across and alley?”

“He tried to mug you!” Sharon said.

“Yes, and I pushed him. And you know what? I broke I don’t know how many bones. God, he probably has internal bleeding too. For all I know, he might very well be dead!”

“You did not kill anybody!” Sharon said, yelling.

“And how would you know? I am a monster!”

“You are no monster, for God’s sake, Lucia!”

“Yes I am. I’m a freakish monster!” Lucia yelled back.

Sharon slapped her. Only her hand never touched Lucia’s cheek. An oversized hand was closed around her forearm and she could not move it an inch.

“How the hell did you do that?” Sharon asked, incredibly surprised at the reaction speed on her friend.

“I don’t know,” Lucia said, apparently as puzzled as she was.

“Lucia, you’re hurting me,” Sharon said.

Lucia immediately let go and, with a face that was both scared and apologetic, said: “I’m sorry. Oh, I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t. You did nothing wrong”

“I hurt you,” Lucia said.

“It was my fault,” Sharon offered.

“How in the hell can it be your fault? I’m the one who’s become a monster,” Lucia replied, insisting on her idea.

“For the last time, Lucia, you are not a monster.”

“I don’t even know how freakishly tall I am.”

“Let’s solve that,” Sharon said, eager to find something that would let her get out of the loop her friend had got into. “Do you have a measuring tape?”

Five minutes later they were discussing about the results.

“7 feet 6 inches!!! I’m freakish!”

“You are not,” Sharon said

“Really? How many NBA players are taller than me?” Lucia asked.

Sharon did not reply.

“How tall is Yao Ming?” Lucia insisted.

“I believe he is 7 feet 5 inches” Sharon admitted.

“I want to be 5’5” again”

“I’m sure there is some way to fix this, Lucia.”

“I don’t see how.”

Just then, the doorbell rang. Sharon looked at Lucia and whispered that they should not open the door, but whoever was outside insisted and when they did not open, there were knocks on the door and yells of “Police, open the door!”

Sharon could see that Lucia was terrified, but when the police threatened to bring the door down, she finally gestured Sharon to open.

The cops got in in a rush, but they stopped on their tracks when they saw Lucia, standing seven and a half feet tall and wearing shredded clothes. Apparently, what several bystanders and neighbors had told them was true.

“Miss… Miss Torres?”

Lucia was very nervous and on the verge of crying, but she managed to reply:

“Yes?”

“Miss Torres, is… is everything all right?” the cop in charge asked.

Lucia started crying then.

Sharon tried to calm her down and the cops simply waited, visibly puzzled by the situation. When she finally stopped, the cop in charge said:

“Miss Torres, we have a man badly injured in the hospital. Several witnesses report that you assaulted him.”

“He assaulted me!” Lucia screamed.

This scared the cop a little, but he regained his composure and said:

“We will need you to come by the precinct and declare but…”

“But what?” Sharon asked.

“We will escort you to the hospital first,” the cop said. “We need… some checks… to find out how you got… how you got like this.”

“I’m not a this!” Lucia yelled, getting very nervous again.

“Miss Torres, please calm down” the leading cop said, even if he did not look very calm himself.

Sharon took a step forward to try to bring some sanity into the conversation. By doing so, she unwillingly got into the shooting line between the cops and Lucia. One of them, looking very jumpy, yelled at her:

“Ma’am, get out of the way!”

When Sharon did not understand, the cop took a step forward and shoved her.

Lucia could not take it anymore and took a step forward as she said:

“Hey, take your dirty hands away from Sharon!”

It was as much as the cops could take. They were very obviously freaked out by the sight of Lucia. Both of them took their weapons out of their holster at the same time. Lucia froze and Sharon yelled:

“What the hell is this supposed to mean?”

The realization that those were tasers and not fire weapons calmed Sharon down, but just a little.

“Miss Torres, stand back!”

Sharon took another step to the front and the cop on the left aimed his taser at her. This made Sharon freeze and Lucia get mad.

“What the hell are you guys doing?” Lucia asked, as she took another step to the front.

The cop on the right could not take it anymore and pulled the trigger. Twin wires shot from the weapon, their probes stinging Lucia in the thigh and attaching to her skin. Lucia could immediately feel the electrical shock, her right leg suddenly not responding and forcing her to her knees.

“Aaaawww!” she complained.

“She’s still moving!” the cop on the left yelled.

“Shoot yours!” the one on the right, who had already fired, commanded him.

The cop on the left took aim, but Sharon charged him, trying to prevent him from shooting. She managed to do it, but the cop was much bigger and stronger than her, so he soon recovered and shoved her out of the way. Sharon was sent a foot back and stumbled on a chair, falling on her back.

This made Lucia mad and gave her enough strength to stand up again, despite the probes attached to her right thigh. She reached the cop before he had the time to aim back at her. Not knowing too well what to do, she just pushed him. As with the thug, the results were spectacular, and the cop was sent flying across the living room, loudly crashing on the opposite wall. He slid down, clearly unconscious.

Four more cops poured into her house, no doubt alerted by the sounds of fighting they had heard. Her original attacker looked at them with some relief and said:

“Tase her! She hurt John! Fry the fucking bitch!”

Lucia raised her arms, trying to explain that it had all been a misunderstanding. Four additional pairs of probes hit her all along her body, the electrical shocks building on top of each other.

Lucia was back at her knees, her body shaking uncontrollably. She had never been through some much pain in her entire life.

“The bitch is still standing!” one of the cops said

“Recharge! Recharge!” the first shooter yelled at them.

She managed to articulate the word “No”. It was to no avail. Soon, five fresh electrical shocks brought her body to the limit. Her body made a loud thud when it fell backwards, totally limp.

“You sons of a bitch killed her!” Sharon screamed hysterically.

The cops did not reply. One of them took a couple of steps towards Lucia and said:

“The damn bitch still breathing!”

“That would have killed a bear.”

“Well, she’s way hotter than a bear,” the cop that had walked towards her body said.

Another cop reached a very shocked Sharon and grabbed her by the wrist:

“Ma’am, you’ll need to come with us to the precinct.”

“I did nothing!” Sharon yelled.

“You interfered with police work. If you cooperate we may not press charges, but we need a statement,” the cop said.

“A statement about what?” Sharon yelled back.

The cop pointed towards Lucia’s limp body and said:

“About that.”

“She’s not a that,” Sharon complained.

“She seriously injured an officer,” the cop sharply cut it. “And we need to understand how she got like that”. Then, the cop looked at a colleague and said: “Cuff her.”

Sharon was concerned, but much more for Lucia than for herself. It was technically true that she had hurt a cop.

“What is going to happen to her?” Sharon asked.

“We’ll take her to a hospital first. We’ll see what we do later,” the cop said.

The last thing Sharon heard as she was being escorted out of Lucia’s apartment was:

“My God! The damn bitch weights a ton!”

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Being a sales vice president, it was not the first time Phil was at the CEO’s office. It was the first time he was called there in a hurry. He sat down on the opposite side of the heavy oaken desk of Rudolph Lang, his boss’ boss and one of the most feared executives in the industry.

His direct manager had not been invited to the meeting, which was weird. Mr. Lang moved his eyes from the computer screen he had been examining when Phil had got into the office and addressed him for the first time. He had not even considered necessary to politely welcome him in the office when his assistant had showed him in. He had just pointed to the chair and kept his eyes on the screen.

“Have you ever bothered to read the HR procedures of the company, Phil?”

That was straight to the throat.

“Mr. Lang…” Phil started to say.

The man did not seem to hear his words. He just went on, his voice soft but strong at the same time, carrying a lot of authority.

“Because they are there for a reason. And I would have thought that a vice-president, of all people, would have guessed that,” Mr. Lang said.

There was a knock on the door and Lang let out a soft but very audible “Come in.”

Two more people got in. He knew Stahl. He was the Senior Vice President of R&D. He did not know the other guy, but he walked in with a lot of confidence.

They sat down without being invited.

“I think you’ve already met Lyman Stahl. And this is Mr. Green,” Lang said.

Phil shook their hands, wondering really hard what the hell was going on and why these two people were in the CEO’s office with him in a conversation that had started with HR procedures.

Phil had already started to suspect that all that was about Lucia Torres. He did not know why a CEO, of all people, would be concerned with a problem like that, but it was even weirder to have an SVP of R&D and an unknown dark looking guy in there to discuss the topic. And he was sure Mr. Green was not in HR, because he knew every manager there.

“I know the set up may look a little weird, so let me go straight to the point,” Lang said. “Mr. Green here is our head of Corporate Security. And, you see, your stupidity had just created a massive security issue for us. I should fire you immediately and make sure that I destroy any chances you have for a future career, but it turns out that you may be helpful to fix part of the problem you created, so we’ll keep you around and give you a chance at the same time.”

Phil swallowed hard.

“Mr. Lang… I’m sorry…”

“Shut up!” Lang said. He had not raised his voice, but still it held a lot of power, so Phil stopped talking.

The CEO produced a paper from his desk and said:

“Sign.”

Phil did not even read it. He knew he had no other option but signing, so he did.

“If you ever mention anything of what you are about to hear in this room to anyone who is not us, you’ll be spending a lot of time in jail. Do you understand that, Phil?” Lang asked.

Phil nodded, so the CEO just signaled Stahl, who started talking.

“You understand that we do advanced research in this company, don’t you?” Stahl asked. Phil nodded, so the older man went on. “Sometimes our schedules require us to get some field data before we can get all the proper permits from the FDA. And you’ll have noticed that we tend to meet or beat our schedules, unlike some of our competitors, which is one of the reasons you get such a fat bonus at the end of the year. The thing is… we’ve found some ways around FDA permits that have worked very well for us.”

Phil started to understand, but it was hard to believe some of what he was hearing, and he was not a man with a lot of moral issues. Stahl just went on.

“You’ll have also noticed that our admission tests, when we are hiring, tend to include a pretty comprehensive physical examination. And that we are pretty zealous with our employees’ health, making sure that we offer them complete and free medical check-ups every 6 months. What you seem to have missed is that our HR policy specifically states that you need to get active approval from the HR system before terminating anyone from their job.”

“She slapped me in the face, in front of all my employees,” Phil protested. He shut up when he saw the expression of the other three men.

“Lucia Torres is a very healthy young woman. She has a very privileged genetic heritage, as well. You have certainly noticed, although in a different way than my research team. Her scores in the admission tests were off the charts. She had no valuable work experience anywhere and her tests did not show any type of exceptional skill. Given her profile, we asked HR to find a place for her in the company, so they did. Based on their records, they placed Miss Torres in the position in the company they considered less demanding: as an assistant, working for the executive that would do the least possible use of her. She worked for an HR idiot for a while. When he retired, HR decided that you were next on their list. The truth is that, according to some of her evaluations, Miss Torres has even managed to put some good work up while working for you, which would mean that she is even a better asset than we thought,” Stahl said.

“You were testing on her?” Phil finally asked.

Stahl looked at the paper he had just signed, on Lang’s desk, and then back at Phil.

“We were. We are working on a really breakthrough performance enhancer. It brings cells to their limit and then makes sure that they get regenerated at really amazing speeds. Both based on her health and on her regular physical activity, Miss Torres was a really good test candidate,” Stahl said.

“But… how did you get the results?” Phil asked, suddenly intrigued. “I mean, you make medical tests every six months, but that cannot be enough.”

Stahl looked back at the contract, shrugged at the other two men, and then said:

“The gym’s machines are rigged. So are the restrooms. Whenever one of our subjects uses any of BioChem’s facilities, we make sure that we gather as much data and samples as we can. The rest, we gather in our regular medicals.”

Phil suddenly understood that Lucia Torres was much more valuable to the company than he was, and this realization sent a cold shiver down his spine.

“I… I’m sorry,” Phil said.

“We need Miss Torres back. And you’ll help us do it,” Mr. Green, who had been silent so far, said.

Phil then thought about something, even if he wished he had not. Why would they need him? They could very well fire him alleging harassment charges and then convince Lucia to join back the company, using the fact that justice had been done as bait.

Mr. Green seemed to read his mind and said:

“Of course, we could do it without you. But there is a small problem: we need Miss Torres back today.”

Phil was taken by surprise.

“Why?” he asked.

Green looked at Stahl, who shrugged and went on:

“I told you about the gym and about the toilets. Of course, the coffee machines and the water coolers are also adapted. We use them to deliver new doses or to make adjustments.”

Phil suddenly understood.

“Oh God! You need to make an adjustment!”

Lang arched an eyebrow, as if saying that he was not as stupid as he looked. Then, Stahl said:

“Precisely.”

“What did you do to her?” Phil asked, even if she really did not care about his former assistant at all.

Stahl looked at Lang, who nodded.

“It turns out we mixed up our latest dose a little. We need to counter it before it can take its full effect on her.” he said.

“So she cannot heal faster?” Phil wondered, suddenly feeling cynical.

“There may be side effects to it. One of the only issues we found in Lucia Torres’s admission tests was a certain tendency towards aggression. It was really mild, and observations over the last three years have turned out in nothing but an amiable character, but the dose she took yesterday could mix up her emotions a little and exacerbate this trait.”

Phil touched his face in the place where she had slapped him and said:

“Yeah, I have already noticed that.”

“You deserved what you got. Had it been my daughter, you would not have teeth by now,” Mr. Green jumped in. “But we want to make sure that it does not go further than that. Especially if her performance really gets enhanced.”

Phil understood.

“I’ll drive you to her place. You’ll apologize to her, tell her that everything was a massive misunderstanding. You’ll offer her a fat raise and a position where she does not need to physically interact with you. You’ll drop on your knees and cry if that’s what it takes. But you’ll come back with Lucia Torres. Understood?” Mr. Green said.

Phil nodded.

“Good. We leave now,” Mr. Green said.

Then, the security head’s phone beeped and he widened her eyes in an expression of concern. He took a look at the screen and frowned.

“There has been a complication,” he said with a flat tone.

Lang and Stahl looked at him. Phil did not know what was going on, but there was a lot of tension in the office.

“Lucia Torres seriously injured a man first and a police officer later. She was incapacitated by five additional officers and is now being moved to Kingston’s East Hospital. The report mentions that she was about seven and a half feet tall.”

Lang immediately looked at Stahl.

“The probability of that happening was almost negligible… oh my God! Seven a half feet! That’s several orders of magnitude above any simulation! Her bloodstream must be looking like a messed-up cocktail now!”

“Will they find out about the drug if they test her?” Lang said.

“A first grader with a toy microscope would!” Stahl said.

Lang looked at Green and said:

“Send someone to the hospital. Make some calls. Remind the mayor and the Chief of Police about our generous contributions to their campaigns. Use whatever money you need, buy whoever you need to buy. Bury this!”

Green nodded and stepped out.

After a couple of seconds, Phil, who could still not believe what was going on, said:

“Am I… fired?”

Lang shot an icy glance to him. He swallowed hard and answered:

“We may still need you. So you keep your job… for now. Come to work as usual. Do you job if you want to. Or don’t do it. I don’t care. But stay around!”

Phil nodded.

“And now, get out of my sight, you worthless piece of shit!”

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Lucia came back to her senses and felt dizzy. When she tried to move, she felt that she was strapped and started to panic. Opening her eyes showed her she was in a very confined space, with really dim lights.

She tried to free herself from her bonds but she had too little space to move. Then, she started to yell.

“Miss Torres, please remain calm. This is just a standard MRI,” a metallic voice said.

“Why am I in an MRI?” she yelled. “Have I been involved in an accident?” she asked, suddenly scared.

Memories of the previous hours started coming back. She felt incredible frustration at the events of the last couple of days first, then she came to her “growth” and freaked out.

“What happened to me?” she asked, scared.

“Miss Torres, this is what we are trying to find out,” the metallic voice came back.

“What time is it?” she asked.

“7:30 AM,” the metallic voice came back.

7:30 AM! It had not even been midday when the cops had come to her house, if that was really a true memory. Had she been out for almost a day?

“How tall… Am I big?” she suddenly asked, trying to get confirmation for what she was afraid of.

“Miss Torres, you’ve gone through a lot these last few hours. We are here to make sure we have a good understanding of your special circumstances and to make sure you have the best possible care, ok?”

Special circumstances? Oh God! Was she really as freakishly tall as she remembered?

“How tall am I? Please!”

She did not get an answer back. She just heard a metallic sound, like that of machinery starting.

“This is getting very hot in here!” she complained after a few seconds.

“Don’t worry Miss Torres. A certain level of claustrophobic reaction is perfectly normal in MRIs. It will soon be over,” the metallic voice said.

“It’s really, really hot!” she said, her voice clearly showing a growing panic.

She heard a noise that had felt like someone switching the loudspeaker off. And then, there was no voice coming back.

She started to raise her volume, screaming that the heat was becoming unbearable. No one seemed to care.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Dr. Wu switched the speakers off and turned to the police officer that had asked for him.

“This must be a mistake,” Dr. Wu said.

“The chief wants her back at the precinct as soon as we are done with the test,” the officer said.

“But we barely started. And Miss Torres’s condition is… she cannot move from here,” Dr. Wu protested.

“She is awake, so she can talk. She is coming,” the officer said.

“I’m not signing the release form,” Wu threatened.

“The director already signed it for you,” the cop said, to his frustration. Why would Anderson do something like that? He did not have time to ask. The cop produced another form and extended it to him.

“Share the results with BioChem?” Wu asked. Then he turned to the suited man on the door and asked: “Would that be him?”

The cop nodded.

“And why would you need that?” Dr. Wu asked inquisitively.

“We take our employees’ health very seriously,” the suited man said.

“I see,” Dr. Wu said in a tone that clearly suggested that he did not.

This was either a massive misunderstanding or the closest to a conspiracy he would ever be. Being the chief oncologist in KEH he was immediately assigned the weirdest case that had ever got to the hospital: that of a woman that had grown a couple of feet in a matter of minutes. That was the sort of thing that only happened in the science-fiction books her woman avidly read, so suddenly having a police officer and a mysterious suited man taking the patient away from him and requesting all the information was as suspicious as something got. Still, there was not too much he could do. The papers were all properly formatted and signed by Martha Anderson, the hospital’s director. Why would Martha do something like that? And why would she not have asked him?

He did not have time to express any of his doubts aloud, though. One of the technicians called him and when he turned, he saw all the screens in the MRIs control room flashing with red symbols.

“What happened?” Wu asked hurriedly.

“I don’t know… the temperature is really off the charts. Everything was fine, but suddenly…”

A very intense light came from inside the MRI device right then. The readings of the MRI were amazing.

“Oh God! Look at that. She’s… she’s expan…”

He could never finish the sentence. A massive explosion engulfed him and the rest of the building.

The explosion was so massive that the whole building of Kingston’s East Hospital went down quickly. She did not notice it. She had passed out just a second before the explosion. As a matter of fact, she had been the source for it.

 

 

Chapter 3 by papayoya
Chapter 3

 

Lucia opened her large dark eyes and saw the light blue color of the early morning sky. She was not aware at all of the fact that she had been in an explosion that had made a building collapse. She felt the breeze in her arms, legs and torso and heard the sounds of the city in the distance.

All this indicated her that she was waking up outdoors and naked. That was weird. She usually slept naked but… why would she be outdoors? She tried to force her memory a little and the events of the previous day started to gradually come back to her head little by little. Slapping Phil, getting fired, the car accident, growing a couple of feet, pushing the mugger, the cops… they had tased her! And then she woke up in a chamber. Was that a hospital? That’s what they had said. Then, why the hell was she in the open and not in the hospital or whatever the hell that had been? And why was she naked?

She moved her hands to push herself up and check where the hell she was. She soon was sitting and looking down in the distance at several rooftops of 3 and 4 story buildings. So, she was somewhere taller. A higher building, perhaps? She looked down and what she saw was different, though. Her shapely legs were stretched in front of her and she seemed to be sitting just at ground level, not on top of anything. She followed her legs with her sight and soon reached her bare toes. All around her legs and beyond her feet all she could see was rubble. Was she sitting on some type of ruins?

“What the fuck?” she asked aloud.

Then, her sight went on and reached the end of the rubble. What she saw there made her jaw drop. After the piles of indeterminate chunks, there were streets. Impossibly small city streets. On them, there were cars, that did not look bigger than toys, and lined on both sides, there were buildings, that had the size of dollhouses. Her eyes moved then to the far distance, where she could clearly observe the city stretching in front of her. She started to slowly move her sight back to her and saw as the vast city ended at her toes, still looking incredibly small.

She quickly noticed that the ruins she was laying on did not seem to be below her but around her, as if she had burst through them, not just laid down on them. Another glance around showed her some burst pipes and water puddles forming around her sitting figure.

She closed her eyes and rubbed them hard, hoping that the world would make more sense when she took a new glance at it. However, when she did, reality still did not make any sense at all.

She brought her right hand to the rubble and grabbed a pile of it. Bringing it in front of her face, what she found was mostly what looked like parts of walls and ceilings. Among them there were some notes of color. She picked up a few pieces of rubble with her fingers and separated them, trying to examine some of the colored objects. She soon found one. After picking it up and dropping the rest of the rubble back to its original place, Lucia observed the tiny object with curiosity.

It was half broken, but she could see as it was rectangular, had tiny legs that were bent or broken, and the cover was a mix of white and green. It was not even two inches in length and a touch of her finger revealed that it was soft. It was quite twisted, but Lucia soon thought about a hospital stretcher because that is what it was. She looked at it a few more times, convincing herself that it could not be possible, but it was too evident that it was an incredibly small stretcher.

She searched a little bit more among the ruins until she found a square object, maybe 5 by 10 inches, the largest not broken object she had found so far. Taking it out, she brought it in front of her eyes. It was a sign. Below a blue cross, she could read:

HOSPITAL

She felt a shiver running through her back. Was that the hospital she had been the night before? The one the cops had taken her to? Why was the sign so small? Where would someone put something like that? It made no sense… but of course, it matched with her observation of the stretcher, or the streets or the cars… it was hard to convince herself that they were models or toys. She glanced up and took a better look beyond the buildings right in front of where she was. The skyline was familiar. Its scale felt weird, but the city looked exactly like Kingston, the place she’d lived during the last 5 years.

It could not be possible. Because if what she was observing was true, then, this could only mean that she was much bigger… a giant. And she knew that this was impossible.

The only problem with her belief that being a giant was impossible, of course, was that she remembered that she had has grown a couple of feet in a spurt the day before.

She breathed in hard, hyperventilating, trying to calm down. It could not be. People did not just become giants. This was out of the question. Was it not? People did not grow a couple of feet in a matter of seconds either, her mind quickly screamed, playing twisted games with her.

She tried to push the thought out of her mind, though. One thing was growing a couple of feet out of stress. It was incredibly weird and made her freakish, true, but she still was the height of a basketball player. There were people that were as tall as she had become the day before. But what she was seeing now was a miniature world around her. It was impossible for things to get so small… or for someone to get so big. It was so impossible that it was not worth wasting time thinking on it, right?

Besides, she had seen rubble, cars, buildings and some small objects, but all this could be easily created by someone with the intention of making a bad joke at her expense. Especially with her mind as sensitive as it was after the events of the previous day. Was this some elaborate trick from the cops? They would not cheat her! There was a trick, she was sure of that! After all, there was something that was missing and that would undoubtedly be there if she had really become a giant. People!

She looked back beyond her toes. She saw the same streets, cars and buildings. No traces of… what? Lucia stopped her scan and felt another shiver running down her spine. She had seen something that she had overlooked before. She had not been looking for them, so she had not found them. However, now she could clearly see they were there. Not in plain sight. Otherwise, she would have seen them before. But they were there. Hidden behind some cars, behind the rubble, behind their windows… but they were there. And they were just as small as the rest of her surroundings.

She focused her attention to a group of people that had hidden behind three parked cars. Even while sitting, Lucia’s head was so high above that she could see them with some ease. They were small, proportioned with the vehicles, and they were moving. Their movements seemed somewhat comical, due to their size, but Lucia did not laugh. If anything, she was terrified at the sight.

The group soon realized that she was observing them, and they reacted. Convinced that their cover had been blown off, the five people got out from behind the cars and started running down the street. This caused a chain reaction. When they saw them, some other of the people that had been hiding started running too. Soon, there were a few dozen people screaming and running down the street.

This was the final proof. As hard as it was for her to accept it, her mind could not come up with any other conclusion.

Then, her blood froze. She did not want to do it, but at the same time she knew that she had no other option than doing it. She brought her hand into the rubble by her side and dug into it, grabbing a handful of debris and raising it to her face.

As the chunks of concrete separated, the patches of color were easy enough to see. The shapes were also very recognizable. Lucia felt some nausea when she moved some remainders of the hospital apart with a finger and the very recognizable form of a torso and head showed up. It was visibly limp and very lifeless. When her body spasmed, about to puke, the debris separated a little more, some of it falling through the edges of her palm. A couple more bodies emerged. She could not hold it anymore. In a rush she tossed the contents of her hand and threw up right next to her.

“Oh God! Oh God no! Please, no, no!” she said

She looked around and realized that the entire mass of rubble around her body was probably filled with corpses. She was sitting in a mass grave. A mass grave she had created.

Lucia stood up in a rush, not able to throw up anymore, basically because her stomach was empty.

Then, she looked around her feet and started seeing some other patches of color within the ruins.

“Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!” she started saying, hyperventilating again.

A quick look a little farther down showed her the crowd that had formed when her gaze had met the first group of people and out of instinct, she yelled:

“Help! Please, help!”

Her voice boomed. A few people turned. None stopped running.

Her eyes itched and soon tears started falling down her cheeks. She covered her face with her hands and sat on her haunches. And she cried for what looked like forever.

And then, a strength she did not know she possessed came out of nowhere and told her that she had to go on, that she had to find a way out of whatever the hell was happening to her. She removed her hands from her face, her eyes red from so much crying, and stood up.

It was the first time, save for the few seconds after she had removed herself from the ruins in a hurry, that she stood up at her full height. She looked around and saw that she was incredibly tall. With her bare feet firmly planted on the rubble, her head rose very high in the sky. From this vantage point of view, Lucia could see even more of the city spreading in front of her. To her left, to the west, she could see downtown and some of the commercial districts and beyond them, the sea. In every other direction, suburban areas spread as far as her eye could see. And everything looked like Kingston, the city she had lived in during the last five years. Only it looked much smaller.

From that height, she could also see that people that had fled from her right after she had woken up. Surprisingly, they did not look to be that far away. How could that be? She knew she had been crying for a long time. Distances felt different to her now, but the truth was that judging how far they were and how slow they seemed to be going, Lucia thought that she would be able to catch up with them if she needed to. That was the last thing she wanted to do, though.

She looked around, then took a few steps to get out of the eerie spot where she had grown; her bare feet made the ground lightly shake as she moved. Her right foot was next to a blue sedan. It was wider than the car was long, which impressed her. She could have easily crushed it, along with a few others. This was not what she wanted to do, of course. Crouching down, she reached for the car and picked it up with three fingers. The car felt lighter and more fragile than she had expected. The metal bent as she took a hold of it with oversized fingertips. Standing up again she brought it in front of her eyes. It was a pretty new Mazda 6. She liked that car. She turned her wrist, to look at the car from all angles. It looked amazingly real, not like a model car or a toy. The tires were used, the windows were dirty, its underside had accumulated grease… and her fingers were bending the doors and the roof. Pushing slightly harder, her fingers caved in a little more. Soon a crack appeared in one of the windows. Pushing it with one of her free fingernails, she increased the intensity until the window shattered. If that car really belonged to someone, she had fucked it pretty bad just by holding it. The repair would cost a few thousand dollars, she thought as she set the car on the ground again.

Of course, the realism of the car reinforced the fact that she was a giant. And if she really was a giant, then there was no way to think around the fact that there were several people buried in the rubble because of her. She tried to block the thought for a while, but then the question came naturally to her mind: How many?

There was no way for her to know, and the last thing she was going to do was to dig the rubble for more corpses. But judging from the size of the hospital, there was no way the body count would not be in the few hundreds.

“Oh God, Lucia!” she thought. “You’ve killed hundreds of people! Oh my God!”

Part of her still wanted to deny the truth. People did not become giants, period. There had to be an explanation. She held to one last thread of hope. Taking a couple more steps, she stood next to one of the ten story buildings that was still standing. It reached below her knee, proving yet again that she had not only grown but that she had become titanic.

Lucia wishfully thought that everything was still part of an extremely elaborate prank, and that the building would be the proof for that. It had to be part of the decoration. It was her last hope to discover that it was all a farce. Taking a step back, she crouched down low and brought her head next to the façade. The windows were too small, so she turned her head sideways a little and placed one of her huge brown eyes next to one of the windows. There was a woman there that had probably been observing her the entire time, from the apparent safety of her home. She did not like her sudden attention at all, now, of course. As soon as she was caught by Lucia’s eye, she turned and started running and screaming, just like everyone else. Soon after she left the room, Lucia’s attention was caught by something else. There was a TV in there and it was on. Surprisingly, Lucia could make out quite a lot of detail and she paid attention. The news was on and soon she saw that they were on the sports section. The anchor was soon replaced by images of a football game and the score was on the screen too. She knew which game it was. Kingston versus Hollner. And she knew the score, which was exactly the one that appeared on TV.

Lucia stood up again, the building dwarfed once more against her legs. This was too much already. She could not keep on denying it forever. There was only one possible explanation for what had happened. There had been an explosion. She had grown. A few city blocks were destroyed. Several hundred people were dead. And she was now a colossal giant woman.

She suddenly felt dizzy, the weight of the final acceptance striking her. She brought her hands to her head and felt as her right leg failed. She quickly recovered, though, taking a quick step to secure her stance. Her leg brushed against something.

Regaining her balance, she removed her hands from her head and looked down. Her sudden movement had brought her leg closer to the building and it had brushed against its façade, peeling it almost completely. Debris was falling and rubble was piling up on the street. A section of the top floors ended up collapsing, adding more rubble to the pile.

“Oh God! I barely touched it!” Lucia said in an angry tone.

Taking a step back, she looked at the half-crumbled building and added, still in the same angry tone:

“Don’t tell me I killed more people!”

There she had it. She had made just a simple movement and she had almost knocked over a building! She was a giant and the slightest of her acts seemed to possess an amazing capacity to cause destruction.

Suddenly, people started pouring out of the affected building, probably afraid that it would end up falling down. They ran very close to her right foot and she could see how ridiculously tiny they were compared to it. They were far from being able to reach her ankle!

The people were running and screaming in a pattern that was already starting to become familiar for Lucia, despite having been a giant just for a few minutes.

Instinctively, she addressed them:

“Help! Please!”

It was to no avail. The people kept on running and screaming, not reacting to her words. She insisted:

“People, please. I did not want to fuck your building! It was not on purpose! I won’t hurt you!”

But the people kept on running. This made Lucia mad. The thought of grabbing someone, of forcing someone to do whatever she needed against his will, passed through her head. Something in the back of her head told her she could do it, that it would even be easy. She discarded the idea, though.

Instead, she just stomped her foot on the ground, letting go part of her contained anger. It sunk considerably, making her surroundings shake with violence.

The ones closest to her foot could not keep their balance as the ground shook and fell to the ground. For an instant, Lucia was awed at what she had just clearly created. The thought of doing something, of grabbing them, passed again through her head, but she suppressed it again, looking at the fleeing crowd from her standing position. A certain type of anger was starting to rise inside her as she did so, though, anger at everyone who was not willing to offer her any assistance.

“Why in the hell did this happen to me? And how in the hell did it happen? God! I’m gigantic. Everyone is scared of me. And I cannot take a step without the risk of destroying something!”

Her fists were unconsciously clenched and her eyes narrowed as she observed the city while her mind worked like crazy. She breathed in hard and tried to relax.

“Calm down Lucia… there needs to be a way out of this”

But then, she felt a stab in her heart as she thought:

“I cannot live like this! What will I do? What will I eat? Where will I sleep? How in the hell am I supposed to relate to other people?”

She looked at the fleeing crowd again. Not a single person was willing to help her. She felt mad at them. She could be gigantic, but this was no reason to be so scared. Her mind conveniently blocked the victims she had already caused when growing through the hospital. Narrowing her eyes a little more, she said aloud, addressing the fleeing crowd in an angry tone:

“Fine people. If you don’t want to help me, I’ll take care of myself!”

This was easier said than done, though. She was on her own once more. She was sure that there were hundreds of more people inside the rest of buildings, but the streets around her were deserted, once the crowd had got far enough.

Lucia remained motionless as people slowly got away from her. Her mind started to fill with thoughts, none of them pleasant. She had been scared the day before, when she was “merely” seven and half feet tall. And now she was the size of a fucking skyscraper! What the hell was she going to do?

Lucia broke. She had been through too much over the last 48 hours. A cheating boyfriend, a harassing boss, every single aspect of her life going wrong and now… now she was the biggest freak ever. She recalled the words of the guy that had tried to mug her the day before: “Monster” he had called her. She chuckled out of despair. If he thought she was a monster when she was just over 7 feet, what the hell would he think about her now?

She did not cry this time. She froze. If anyone had stayed behind instead of fleeing from her, he would have seen that the gigantic naked woman remained motionless, with her gaze fixed in some undetermined point in the distance.

 

 

Chapter 4 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 4

 

Suddenly, Lucia came back to her senses. Se repositioned her feet and breathed in hard, like someone waking up from a bad dream. She was standing alone on the limits of her own ground zero. Now, there was absolutely no one around. She did not know how long she had been out, but it had been long enough for the little people to get out of her sight, even if they were very slow from her point of view. She knew that there probably were hundreds of people inside the buildings, but not a single soul could be seen on the streets. The fact that she scared the hell out of the crowd sank in once more.

Something surged from within Lucia, though. Some strength that told her that she did not have to give up, that she had to find some way to get the situation fixed. She held to that thought and tried to isolate herself from the rest. Otherwise she was lost, she knew.

Not giving up meant that she needed to find more about what had happened to her and whether it was possible to find some way out of it. And for that, she needed help.

What to do, then? She had to find someone that could help her, someone that could shed some light to what was happening to her. Yes, this had to be her first priority: finding out what the hell had happened to her. No one was around, though, which meant that she would need to move. The idea of just staying in place and waiting for someone to come and offer some assistance crossed her mind, but she immediately pushed it back. She did not want to be around the hundreds of people she had killed while unconscious.

Where to move, though? She had already proven to herself that destruction just seemed to happen naturally around her. Once more, she looked around. She was surrounded by miles and miles of suburbia, with the city and its downtown just straight ahead. And beyond it, the sea.

The answer was easy enough: anywhere. She just wanted to get away from the hospital and the memories it brought. If she did, she was positive her path would eventually cross someone helpful.

Still, she had to pick a direction. The easy choice was the beach. For starters, she had always loved the sea. She liked lying in the white sand, tanning, and she loved swimming. And it was the only place around that seemed to offer some space. There was an obvious problem though. The path to the beach brought her directly through the heart of downtown.

She thought about it thoroughly. The truth is that any path to anywhere would bring her through some densely built and populated area. The path through downtown did actually look shorter than the rest and while the buildings were a tad taller, she felt that it would offer her a better chance. She would not be able to stay careful forever. She felt as she would be able to be careful for long enough to move through downtown and make it to the beach, though. Also, the city offered a better possibility to get some help. Any other direction would not even offer her a spot big enough to rest.

She thought about it for a while more, no one bothering her. She evaluated once more just staying where she was, but discarded it once again, feeling repulse at the idea.

“I will need to be incredibly careful downtown, though. Some of the buildings may be taller than I am,” she thought, reinforcing herself in her belief that she was making the right choice.

She advanced down the empty street as she thought that, starting the trek that would bring her to her heart of the city and to the beach after it. And hopefully, to the help that she so desperately needed. Her steps were calm and elegant, the strides of her incredibly long legs allowing her to advance great distances, though.

Lucia’s feet sank deep in the asphalt, much as if she had been walking in wet beach sand. Every now and then, the wetness was actually there, as her heels reached the waterpipe level and easily burst them, cooling her soles and fucking the water distribution for an entire section of the city.

After a while, she felt something pulling her thigh as she was completing a step. She realized what it was too late. Trying to avoid stepping on a cluster of cars, Lucia had got too close to the buildings on the right side of the street. She realized about it too late, when her hip had already brought a third of a building down.

“Fuck!” was all Lucia could say as she crouched down to evaluate the damage. Her large dark eyes could find several very terrified people standing on the edge of the top floors of the now open building.

“I’m sorry,” Lucia offered as the group screamed and ran deeper inside the building. She felt the urge to pick at least one of them up once more. She had not talked to anyone yet and she needed information desperately. She hesitated for a second and when she tried to make her mind up they were already out of her reach.

A little ashamed about the damage she had unwillingly caused, Lucia kept on walking down the street, mindful of her new relationship with the world. Abandoned cars started disappearing under her soles only to reappear a few seconds later, turned into two-dimensional sheets of metal in the bottom of her large and very recognizable footprints. Quite instinctively, the now giant Lucia had decided that it was preferable to crush abandoned cars than to fuck likely occupied buildings. That apparently simple thought for someone like her had dire consequences for Kingston’s vehicle population.

She was undisturbed for a few blocks, which she covered incredibly quickly thanks to the pace allowed to her by her mind-blowing stature. This gave her some time to pay attention to the buildings lining up on both sides of the street, mostly not able to get beyond her knees. Only the tallest among them dared to reach all the way up to her crotch, making Lucia feel like a moving skyscraper.

The density of abandoned cars started to increase, forcing Lucia to make an even more conscious decision about them. At some point, she turned from being mindful about where she was stepping to counting how many cars she could crush in one step. Finding out that the figure could get close to half a dozen if the vehicles were packed enough tickled in a weird way.

Lucia’s new height meant that she had a new vantage point of view of the city, much higher than anyone on the roof of any of the buildings she was walking by would have had. The first intersection she found      blocked with cars had already hinted to Lucia that people could not be that far away. A couple of blocks later, she could already see a sizeable mob in the distance. Whether they were the same ones that had fled from her in the ruins of the hospital or a new crowd that had formed after seeing her in the distance, she did not know. The fact that everyone seemed to see her as a monster had already started to sink in. She still hoped that not everyone would react in the same way, though. She needed someone to help her.

She was upon them in no time, her toes towering over the laggards in the crowd. Standing at her full height and looking down at the mob, the thought that ran through Lucia’s head was that they looked to be no bigger than insects. The size difference was truly astonishing, and from their reaction it was obvious that the crowd shared the thought.

Still, Lucia knew that those were no insects, but real people. People that were just like she had been a few hours ago, even if it was hard to believe it, considering the current situation.

There was no logical thing to do in a situation like this, so Lucia tried one of the absurd ideas that came to mind and that felt less ridiculous. She might be much bigger than they were, but she was still a woman and they were people. So she decided to try and talk to them, even if quite naturally she started by justifying herself.

“People, please. I know you are scared. I would be, if I were in your shoes. But you don’t need to. I know I’m very big, but I mean no harm. I just need some help, some information. If you’d stop running and answered some questions, I’d be really grateful,” Lucia said, her voice thundering and reverberating along the street.

Something deep inside immediately told her that she was being very naïve, but she decided that wishful thinking was better than depression.

It took Lucia less than a minute to understand that the people would not help her. Not a single soul in the dense mob had even pretended for an instant to think about it. All they seemed to care about was getting as far away from her as possible, but even in that they were not being very successful. It would have taken her just one step to catch up once more.

Lucia was about to fall into a depression again. And then, her inner strength came back. She almost surprised herself as she addressed the crowd again.

“Ok, guys. I really cannot put this off any longer. Just remember, I tried to be nice.”

No one knew what she was talking about when her body suddenly started dropping like a meteor, her shadow engulfing a wider section of the panicked mob. Lucia’s knee landed like a boulder and sank deeper than her feet as she bent forward and reached with her right hand cupped like an excavator, fingers upward.

The screams intensified, and the people accelerated their pace, but it was way too late for them. Lucia’s reach was vast, opening up plenty of possibilities. She chose one of the spots where the crowd was the thickest, but was mindful as she brought her hand down, since she realized that, at her new scale, the people would be very fragile.

Tree trunk-like fingers started scooping people and sending them on a roll to the center of her palm as Lucia moved her hand with care, making sure that her backhand would not crush anyone that had not been shoveled.

By the time she felt satisfied enough to stand back up, there were eleven squirming bodies on Lucia’s grasp. And there was room to spare!

She felt some sort of strange pride as she observed the inch-tall people in full detail. She realized that she had a nice pick of the city’s population on her palm, men and women, rich and poor, young and old. And she felt a shiver running down her spine when she understood that each and every one of them were at her mercy.

Of course, they understood too. Their wriggling, their screams and their panicked faces witnessed to that.

Nothing Lucia had done so far had conveyed the sense of her new scale so well as the puny people she was holding did. Sure, easily towering over buildings had already told her that she was massive, and the cars that had disappeared under her sole had framed her new scale a bit better. But it was not until now, when she could directly compare her new self to what she had been not so long ago that Lucia realized about her new magnitude. She was titanic! In the mythological sense. And no matter how freaked out she still was at the entire situation, she could not prevent the self-regard. And as she observed the unlucky bastards she had randomly chosen to grab, Lucia realized that for the first time since waking up, she felt in control, her self-esteem swelling to even higher proportions than her body.

She sounded confident when she addressed them with a reassuring voice:

“I would probably be shitless scared if I were you, but you really don’t need to be. I realize how freakish this is, but it is not my intention to hurt you.”

The giant kept her palm cupped. She did not want to risk any of the people falling off the edge or even throwing themselves in panic. Much like she had expected, her words had not had much effect in the people she had picked, but she had already been ready for that. She did not warn them as she reached out with her other hand and extended two fingers. The woman she had been mentally targeting was gently pinched between her fingertips soon enough. She was no taller than one of her finger segments was long, but Lucia had managed to get a gentle enough grip and felt proud about it.

“Can you understand me?” Lucia asked to the middle-aged blonde woman she was now holding right in front of her window-sized eyes.

She was happy when the Quarter-sized woman nodded. She had been counting on being able to communicate, but the truth was that so far she had no evidence that that was even possible. There was a smile on her lips as she went on:

“My name is Lucia. Believe it or not, yesterday I used to be as tiny as you. So, don’t worry, I can put myself in your shoes. I will not hurt you. But I need to learn a couple of things, and you guys were not making it easy for me.”

The woman hesitated but finally replied. Lucia could perfectly hear her mousy voice, but it still sounded funny, so she had to focus not to laugh.

“Will you let me go?”

“Sure!” Lucia said. “I have no interest in carrying you around. It’s not as if I have any pockets, anyway,” Lucia said, chuckling as she made a reference to her now very obvious nudity.

“I’m Emma,” the woman finally said, making Lucia smile.

“So, what time is it, Emma?” Lucia asked, starting by an easy one.

“A… about 9:30 AM,” the tiny woman replied.

It made sense. Lucia realized that she had not slept much, but she felt very rested anyway.

“Did you see how I grew or do you have any clue about what happened to me before I turned into this?” Lucia asked.

Emma shook her head.

“I was close to the hospital. I went to see you when people started talking about the giant. I got away as soon as you woke up.”

Lucia frowned. There was not much useful information in Emma’s answer. She did not warn her before dropping them back on her palm and bringing it higher to take another look at the sample of humanity she had so easily captured. Lucia realized that her nipples were getting harder but ignored the thought and just focused on her guests.

“Did any of you see me grow?” she asked to her captive audience.

There were some heads shaking and some feeble “No”. She could sense the unease when she frowned and had to make an effort not to burst into a laugh.

“I guess I have no further business with you, then,” Lucia said. Something inside her was not keen with parting with the tinies she had captured, but there was really no point in keeping them. Besides, now that she had finally broken the taboo about picking people up, she was sure that  She looked for a building that reached almost as high as her crotch and toppled her palm with care, emptying her catch on the roof.

The exchange had been fruitless from an information point of view, but Lucia could not prevent feeling reinvigorated. This gave her the confidence to look for the clues she needed in the rest of the crowd. After all, the higher the number of people, the higher the chances.

The crowd had not moved much, so Lucia caught up with them in two steps and dropped to a knee once more.

“Shhhhh… please, people, calm down. There is no reason for you to be afraid,” she whispered, although her whispers could be heard for blocks. Of course, the crowd did not share her point of view, especially after she had picked up several of them just a few minutes ago. “I know this is freakish, but I do not want to hurt you. I only need information.”

All the answer she got was a loud noise, quickly followed by a flash she saw through the corner of her eye. There was a sharp sting in her neck an instant later.

“Aw!” she yelled, surprised by the sting. She needed a couple of seconds to understand what had happened. Someone had shot at her!

She narrowed her eyes in anger and was about to speak as she heard a second shot and immediately felt it on her shoulder. She let out another “Aw” as she looked to the crowd, trying to find out where the shots were coming from. She thought that the two flashes were coming from her right, but she had not identified the source of the shooting.

Being shot at made her really, really mad.

“Whoever is shooting at me, stop it right now!” she yelled. Being so close to the crowd, her yell made the running people bring their hands to their ears. Lucia realized, but did not care. Soon, she felt another shot, this time on her right cheek. She did not complain this time, having already instinctively learned that while the shots certainly stung and were incredibly unnerving, they did not seem to be able to cause any serious harm. Instead, she just looked for the shooter. She could not find him.

Her blood was boiling, out of rage. How could the people be so stupid? True, she was a giant, but she was trying to be careful and nice with them. There was no reason for them to shoot her! She touched her cheek in the place it had been hit just in case. It still stung but, as expected, she found no wound or felt any blood. This barely calmed her down, though.

“Ok, let me be clear. To the guy who is shooting at me: stop right now and I’ll forget about this. Otherwise, I swear to God that I’ll crush you!” she said, her anger speaking for her. Lucia had always been moody and being shot at was making her incredibly mad.

She heard another bang and felt another sting, this time dangerously close to her right eye. She closed it and brushed the area with her fingers, afraid that there could be serious damage. There wasn’t. She opened her eye once more and, incredibly angry, looked for the source of the attack.

On the corner of her eye, she saw someone trying to hide behind a car in the general area where the shots had come from. Furious as she was, her anger acted on her behalf and, without thinking twice, she slammed her fist down hard on the car.

It was only a fraction of a second before her fist hit the ground that she realized that with the crowd as packed as it was and with her scale, there was no way she would only get the shooter. It was too late to stop, though. She was too angry. The car crushed easily under her closed hand and a spongy feeling told Lucia that the vehicle had not been the only victim of her rage. Her knuckles easily broke through the tarmac and sank in a crater of her own making.

Of course, the shock of her action on the crowd was immediate. Screams intensified, and people crashed against each other with even higher frequency as they tried to get away from her as fast as they could. They were not being very successful at it.

Removing her hand from the ground, Lucia could see the two-dimensional remainders of the car and what looked like half a dozen very unrecognizable burst bodies. Their sight made Lucia realize about what she had done immediately.

“Oh my God! I just killed six people. I crushed them. I was so mad that I did not only crush the guy that was shooting me. I crushed five more people instead. Five people that had not done anything to me!”

Lucia was quickly moving from rage to depression. Those that were not too busy trying to run away from her and still managed to sneak some glances at Lucia saw as the giant woman suddenly remained motionless, crouching, her hands rested on her knees, her sight lost in the distance, apparently not looking at anything.

“Oh my God!” she repeated to herself. “No matter what I do, I end up destroying things and killing people”. She had just crushed six people with her hand.

“I killed them. They had not done anything to me and I killed them,” she kept on thinking, feeling some coldness inside.

Then, something woke her up from her trance. She heard another bang and an instant later, felt another sting, this time in her chin. Her mood changed, once more, very quickly. Her blood boiled again. Her eyes came back from the undetermined point they had been looking at and there was fire in them again.

“Fuck!” she yelled aloud, making the people to cup their ears again. “Fuck, fuck, fuck!” she yelled again, without minding the effect of her yells in the crowd.

She then said aloud:

“I just killed six guys and I did not even get the bastard that had been shooting at me!”

This added one more innocent victim to her count, but she did not care about that. Her mind was focused on the shooter, the one that was to blame for all that had happened.

She scanned the crowd again, trying to find the asshole that had dared to attack her. She wanted to catch him and when she did she would make him pay for what he had done. And for what he had forced her to do.

The intersection was just too crowded to be able to identify a man with a gun, though. She was not too worried about being shot one more time. She had already been shot a few times and had understood that the bullets were not doing much more than annoy her. So, she waited for him to shoot. It would be her best chance to catch him.

The man seemed to be clever, though. Lucia had already been observing the crowd for some time and no one had made any suspicious move. Probably he had realized that she was looking for him and was trying to hide or keep a low profile. Lucia thought about turning, luring him into shooting her, to suddenly catch him red handed, but it would be too difficult. She was far too big for a surprise approach.

Then, an idea came to her mind. Focused as she was on finding the man, the regrets and uncertainty that had clouded her thoughts since she had grown had disappeared and her mind was as sharp as ever.

With a wicked smile forming in her lips, she looked back to the crowd and said:

“I want the man that has been shooting at me. Deliver him to me or I will start crushing people randomly, just as bad as the last six.”

She sounded cold and threatening, just as she had intended to. She even surprised herself with her tone. To stress her point, she just slammed her fist in an empty stretch of road in front of her. There were no victims but her closed hand still sunk spectacularly in the asphalt, cracking it and making its surroundings shake.

She waited for a few seconds, observing. Then, she saw a group forming inside the already chaotic mob and observed with curiosity. The group converged on a man in gray pants and a black T-shirt. She saw as they tried to immobilize him and as he tried to resist. Suddenly, another shot was heard, but this time it did not sting her. It looked as if the gun had been shot in the air.

She saw as the group was trying to drag the man into a clearer area, certainly with the intention to deliver him to her. She smiled. Her strategy had worked, and she felt proud about it.

She waited a few more seconds for the group to overpower the gunman, but soon it became clear that it would be hard. Of course, the man was fighting with all his forces for his life and the people that were trying to overpower him were far from coordinated. Growing impatient and still feeling mean about having been shot at and everything that had come afterwards, Lucia just reached out with her right hand and closed it around the mass of humanity. Trying to strike a balance between not crushing them and not letting them fall, she lifted her hand, seeing as a couple of people slipped through her fingers. None was the object of her interest, though, so she let them go.

Bringing her hand under her face, she opened it and saw nine people on it, lying in several positions. One of them was the one she had been looking for. Seeing that he was turned face up and looking at her with a very scared face, she fixed a stare on him and said:

“You!”

Then, she picked him up with two fingers of her left hand and removed him from her palm.

Half of the remaining people in her palm were face down and the other half were looking at her face, as scared as the man she had just picked up. Her expression softened as she looked at them and told them:

“You don’t have to be afraid. I won’t hurt you.”

She did not sound apologetic this time, but more like a queen being magnanimous.

Still in the role, she just brought her hand to the ground and turned it over, letting them go. She saw with surprise as the ones that had been higher in her palm seemed to be pretty bruised by the fall but seeing that they seemed to recover and join their running mates, she forgot about them and focused on the man on her fingers.

Bringing him in front of her eyes, she looked at him in anger and said:

“You! Do you realize what you made me do?”

The man did not reply. He just babbled.

“Why were you shooting at me?” Lucia asked

Again, the man only babbled.

Then, Lucia narrowed her eyes and said:

“You know? There are six dead people just because of you.”

The man looked at her, afraid. Narrowing her eyes a little more, she added:

“It is not fair that they are dead and you are alive and kicking, don’t you think?”

The man was terrified, she could see, and she absolutely loved it. Tired of being crouched, Lucia stood up, keeping the man held between her fingers. Apparently, the rise had been a little too much for the man, since he looked sick. Lucia could not prevent a chuckle at the effect.

She kept on looking at him as he recovered. The man then managed to articulate his first words since Lucia had captured him:

“Let me go,” he said, in a suffering tone

Lucia did not react for a second, then smirked and said:

“As you want!” and she opened her fingers, letting the man fall dozens of stories to the ground below. She followed the fall with her sight and her smirk widened as the man landed on the asphalt with a ‘thud’ that she could distinguish over the screams of the people. She was pretty sure that he was dead, especially when a pool of blood started forming under his body. In any case, in an impulse, Lucia brought her foot forward and pushed its ball over the man. Rather than just stepping, she twisted her foot, as if she was putting out a cigarette butt. Bringing her foot back one more, she saw as the offending man was now but a smear in the asphalt.

It was strangely satisfying. Then, her conscience kicked in.

“You just killed another man, and this one was in absolute cold blood” she thought. “True, he deserved it, but did you have the right to do it? What are you? A judge? An executioner?”

She breathed in hard. Then, she repeated to herself:

“He deserved it. He definitely deserved it!”

Looking at the smear on the pavement she thought:

“Did you need to be so cruel, though?”

As thoughts ran through her head at high speed, she observed that the intersection in front of her was now actually pretty clear. No doubt, the people had used the time she had spent with her last victim to finish emptying the street. There were still some scattered people, but she did not think she would have any problems avoiding them. Some of the people still in the intersection were actually looking up at her. She felt some guilt. As if to justify herself, she said aloud:

“He deserved what he got.”

Of course, no one dared to challenge her opinion. Somehow, the implicit acceptance of the crowd reinforced Lucia in her self-imposed belief that she had had the right to do what she had done.

Trying both to advance and to keep her mind busy, Lucia took the first step into the intersection, making sure that her foot would end up as far away of the scattered little people as possible.

 

 

 

End Notes:

 

 If you want to see more of my work, including illustrations of my stories, please visit papayoya.deviantart.com

Chapter 5 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 5

Lucia had now a few quite empty blocks to advance. After the stress of her first encounter with a crowd and of being shot at, this helped to calm her down. As she advanced, she tried to keep her mind away from what she had done, and she managed to keep it busy with actual observations of the world around her.

She was incredibly large. She clearly towered over all the buildings on that section of the city, which meant that she towered over everything around her. Despite her size, she still moved gracefully and with agility, and when she did not stop, she covered blocks in mere seconds.

Everything around her looked incredibly small, despite how real it felt. Vehicles looked like nothing more than toys to her, and she was clearly larger, not only in height, than any building.

“How could this happen?” Lucia wondered. “People don’t just grow to become gigantic!”

As every time she advanced uninterrupted, she covered a huge distance in a short while. So, sooner than she had expected, she was standing once more over a crowded intersection. Having got deeper into the city, she was now meeting a group of people that had not seen her before or had not even heard about her before. She noticed that the reaction was different. There was an initial phase of puzzle and incredulity as she approached that gave way, just a few moments later, to panic.

By the time she reached the intersection, there had been a few accidents that had left it impassable. Many people had started running without a clear purpose or direction, which together with the effects of the accidents, resulted in the mob becoming pretty inefficient in getting away from her.

“God, I will need to start all over!” Lucia thought remembering the previous intersection. Then, she recalled how the last one had finished: with seven dead people. “Hopefully it will be easier this time.”

For starters, she was more experienced. Remembering that people had been pretty uncooperative to her reasoned attempts to have them help her, she decided that she should be more direct this time. Maybe this would work.

She cleared her throat and addressed the mass of people at her feet:

“Hello little people. My name is Lucia Torres. I don’t know how it happened, but as you can see I’m very, very big. If any of you has any clue about my size, I would be grateful if you stepped up and shared it with me. But since I don’t think this is going to happen, I merely want to get to the beach and wait for the guys that know there. I need to move down this street and you are in my way. I don’t need to tell you what would happen if I just moved forward and stepped on you. But you don’t have to worry; I don’t want to do that. I just need you to clear the intersection for me and I will leave you alone. So, get out of your cars, stop running and walk calmly to the sidewalks and buildings. I will just move forward and ignore you.”

She looked down at them. The direct approach seemed to be working a little better. There were still many people just running mindlessly, but others were trying to do as Lucia had told them. Her hope was that, seeing that, the rest would end up reasoning and acting rationally.

To her frustration, what happened was the opposite. Seeing some free space in front of them, some car drivers, instead of abandoning their vehicles, just tried to drive them out of the intersection. The results were several more accidents.

“Oh God! How stupid!” Lucia thought.

Her eyes followed a particular car: it was a large black SUV and after having crashed with a couple more cars, now it was ramming a third out of its way. Lucia was starting to become very pissed off with the driver. She could not stand it anymore when she saw that after having moved a smaller sedan out of its way, the SUV just ran over a group of four people and kept on advancing. It finally crashed with an abandoned van and, despite trying to advance, Lucia saw it was trapped.

Incredibly pissed off with the car, she bent down, her body casting a menacing shadow over the crowd, and reached out for the offending vehicle. Picking it up with three fingers, she stood up again and shot an angry stare to the driver through the windshield.

To the driver, two angry and impossibly big dark brown eyes now blocked his entire view.

“Do you know how hard it is for me to avoid hurting people? What made you think that I would tolerate anyone else to do it when I’m taking utmost care not to?” she asked, her angry voice filling the car and making windows rattle.

The driver instinctively pushed the gas and the wheels of the car spun furiously. They brushed a little the skin of her fingers, but it was not even causing discomfort. It was annoying, though. And it made Lucia think even lowlier of the driver, if that was even possible.

She moved her eyes from the car for a second a looked down to the spot where she had picked it up. The four people the SUV had trampled were still there, unmoving. Lucia frowned. Everyone in the crowd contained their breath as the giant woman remained motionless, apparently thinking. When her eyes opened, there was cold fire in them.

She had not been able to prevent killing several people, and something inside her told her that this would repeat in the future. But she could do something about them killing each other because of her.

“Ok, people. New rule. Anyone who shoots at me, dies. And from now onwards, anyone of you who hurts another of you without reason dies too.”

Lucia closed her fingers as she finished the sentence, easily compressing the matchbox-sized car between them and crushing anyone and anything inside beyond recognition.

“It’s clear that you guys cannot behave rationally around me, so someone needs to put some order around.”

And like this, in a simple thought, Lucia had declared herself judge and executioner. Her little act of justice was not lost to the crowd, who reacted with renewed terror, increasing the volume of their screams. Still, they had not done much to clear the intersection. It pissed her off.

“Are you people damn stupid? Clear the fucking road before I step on you all!”

She had been forcing herself to be nice, probably to compensate for the fact that her size was so scary, but she was starting to lose her patience, which seemed to have become shorter as she had become larger. And Lucia had never been a very patient woman, to start with.

Her angry words, combined with the whimsical execution they had just witnessed, sent the mob into even a bigger frenzy, but this did not make them more efficient.

She was getting frustrated when another car did something completely unexpected. Turning, the white minivan drove towards her! She was incredibly surprised by this. She soon realized the driver’s intentions as he steered the car and drove between her open legs. At her size, there was enough space between her feet to accommodate four lanes, so the driver did not have too many problems driving under her.

She had to suppress the urge to move or do something to the car, though. Somehow, her first impulse had been to block it and reach for it. She managed not to react and just observed how diminutive the minivan was next to her cute feet. As it drove under her, looking barely like a micro machine, she realized once more how huge she was. It, once again, felt weirdly exciting. Somehow, she loved the idea of people passing under her as if she were some kind of massive arch made of flesh.

She was thinking that the driver’s idea had actually been pretty good from his own point of view, apart from very brave, when a noise caught her attention behind her. Turning, she quickly identified its source as the minivan itself. She needed one second to understand what had happened: the vehicle had fallen into one of her footprints. She had realized before that her feet were sinking in the asphalt, but she had not thought that they were sinking that much. The truth was that they were more than deep enough to become impassable obstacles to the little people’s vehicles. She could not prevent a light chuckle as she realized that the minivan’s front had actually crashed into the area where her heel had set in a previous step.

She felt a little guilty for the accident, so Lucia turned and bent down, grabbing the minivan with two fingers of one hand and removing it from the imprint of her foot. Bringing it to eye level, she saw that the airbags had gone off and that the front of the vehicle was actually pretty battered, with the windshield shattered. She removed some of the remaining glass with her finger and moved the airbags out of the way, to see that there were two people on the van, a man behind the wheel and a woman on the passenger’s seat. Lucia did not say anything; she just observed.

The woman started yelling almost immediately. The man, after a couple of seconds, shouted:

“Let us go, you giant bitch!”

Lucia’s mood quickly changed from curious to pissed off. She was getting very annoyed by the stupid attitudes of the little people. Narrowing her eyes, she fixed her angry stare in the little man and then said in a cold tone:

“Be careful. I’m seriously considering adding insults to my list of valid reasons to kill you tiny fuckers!”

Lucia silently enjoyed seeing the man swallowing hard and shutting up. Happy enough with that, she just added:

“I was just trying to help you, by the way.”

And she let the tiny van on top of a building to her right.

She turned, hoping that the little people were out of stupid ideas for a while. She was very wrong. She saw the flash the moment she turned. Almost immediately, she heard the “bang” and felt the sting in the stomach.

Once more, she was merely stung, not hurt. This time, the sting was a little sharper than it had been back in the previous intersection, though. She was incredibly pissed off. She had seen where the flash had come, this time, and her eyes quickly found a man with a rifle. With a rifle! Who the hell had a rifle in the car? The man was looking up, as if evaluating if he should shoot her again, when her huge eyes met his. This seemed to paralyze him.

The man was quite isolated, no one else around him, so he was very obvious. “How stupid can someone get?” Lucia thought, furious. She looked at him for one more second, her teeth clenched. Then, she took an exaggerated stride and stomped on him. Her foot sunk deeper than usual, and cracks formed in the tarmac around it. After a couple of seconds, she just stepped back, to regain the balance, observing her footprint and the red stain under the spot where the ball of her foot had landed.

It failed to feel bad. It felt very good, actually. She unconsciously knew that this was not justice, that it was retribution, but it did not make it feel any less good.

The truth was that she had killed yet another person, her tenth victim in a short while, if she discounted the hundreds of dead bodies in the ruins of the hospital. She blocked any feeling of guilt from her mind, though. The damn tiny fucker had shot her, after all!

The screams from the intersection intensified. She moved her eyes to it, from the footprint. Her action had only raised the panic level, but apart from that, the intersection was as blocked as it had been. Something in Lucia’s mind was starting to click. Her perception of people was starting to change.

She addressed them, angrier than ever:

“I’m getting fed up with you little people!” were her first deafening words. “I’ve grown. I’m a giant. Accept it! I already did”

She paused for a second and then went on:

“I’ve tried to be careful. I’ve tried to be nice. I only asked for some help, for some basic cooperation. But you could not do that, could you? All you can do is to scream and run in front of me, as if you were going to outrun me. And, oh yeah, shoot at me!”

Her last words sounded especially angry.

 “Well, I’m done being nice!” she announced. There was some increased unrest among the people, who were already very panicky to being with. Her next words supported this feeling.

“I will crush anyone who shoots at me, and I will crush anyone who hurts someone else because of me. As for the rest of you, the time for nice requests is over. You will follow my instructions, or I will force you to do so. And don’t fuck with me. I have half a mind to just trample you and be done with it!”

The giant had been scary enough before. Who would not be scared of a woman the size of a skyscraper, after all? Her words had just raised the panic level a few notches. She was not only gigantic. She was a very pissed off giant woman who casually talked about crushing people and that she had already proven that she was perfectly capable of doing it.

The intersection did not look any better after she had finished talking. Without too much hope she added:

“Now, clear the fucking intersection so that I can move on and forget about you stupid worms. You have ten seconds!”

Over half a minute later, nothing had changed.

“You asked for it!” Lucia announced as she took a step to the front and crouched, kneeling on the ground. She was not careful, and her knees caused minor tremors as they sunk on the ground.

She did not give any further warning as she stretched her right arm, planted her hand deep in the intersection and swept people and cars to the sidewalk. Her arm acted as a bulldozer, no one and nothing able to resist its amazing strength. Despite her anger, she was slow enough, trying just to push people aside, not to crush them. She could not prevent them from trampling each other or from getting caught by swept vehicles, so her movement ended up with several injuries. She did not care, though, as it proved to be very effective. Without even stopping to think, she repeated the movement with her left arm, effectively clearing herself a path in the first half of the intersection.

Advancing on her hands and knees, she positioned herself behind the remaining group and followed the same procedure, left arm first, this time.

Standing up, she resumed her walk, a clear path now in front of her.

She could almost not believe that she had several empty blocks in front of her. Apart from the obviously abandoned cars, which she now relished in crushing under her feet, there were but a few scattered people in the sidewalks. While this was what she needed in order to advance, she unconsciously regretted not having anyone to bully.

She did not have to wait for too long. She heard the bang and she felt the sting and her big eyes soon found yet another stupid man that was trying to bring her down with his tiny weapon. She was not concerned with the effects of the shots anymore. She was still incredibly pissed off at being shot at, though.

Why the hell was she getting shot at so much? Were people so stupid as to shoot at anything they were afraid of? Was the fact that she was actually a woman and not some Godzilla-like monster making it more compelling to attack her? It was incredibly irritating, and she had already made her mind up about how she would deal with this sort of behavior. At this point, she felt that the prerogative she had taken for herself about killing her attackers was even more justified by their stupidity than by the threat they represented.

The man shot her thrice more before he realized that the bullets were having no effect on her. Then, he turned and started running.

“Oh no, you won’t!” she said as she started walking in a more forceful pace, her feet sinking deeper in the ground than when she walked just calmly. He was, of course, going to die. Had he been the first one to shoot her, Lucia might have let him flee. Things had changed, though. In her mind, the only possible course of action was crushing him. That was how fast she had adapted to her new situation.

Even though the man had a two blocks head start, it only took her a few steps to catch up with him. He had been as stupid in his attempt to escape as when he had decided to shoot her. Instead of trying to hide inside one of the buildings on the street, he had just tried to outrun her, like most people seemed to be trying to do, not realizing each of her steps accounted for dozens of their strides.

Once she was immediately behind him, Lucia smirked and said:

“Bye bye, little fucker!”

She raised her foot high, as high as she could, and stomped down hard. Of course, it would only have taken her to set her foot softly on him to crush him beyond recognition, but she was angry, and she wanted everyone else to notice.

Her foot crushed the man and sank deep in the ground. It felt satisfying… until she realized that her foot kept on sinking. Soon, there was nothing under it and she felt as her leg dropped much more than she had expected. As she began falling sideways she realized that she had stepped on a tunnel or something.

She shot out an arm to try to stop the fall. Her hand found the roof of a building to her left but it rested there for barely a second before it pushed through it as if it were a wet tissue. As her position started to become more horizontal, her sunken leg reemerged through the front of a store on the building to her right. Her ass crashed into the building she had tried to use as support and the rest of her body started bulldozing through floor after floor of the block until they both met the ground and a large cloud of dust emerged from the spot she had fallen into. Only her legs remained on the street. The rest of her body was now resting on piles of rubble.

“Oh, fuck!” she yelled. “Fuck, fuck, fuck!” she repeated.   

Sitting down, she unconsciously dusted herself off and, hearing some screams, she looked down to see a couple of bodies flying after her hands had swept them from the top of her breasts together with bricks, timber and other rubble.

“Fuck!” she let out once more.

She looked down the length of her body, to see if there were any other survivors resting on it. She found a couple of bodies in her amazing cleavage, but as she lifted them to her eyes she saw that they were lifeless.

Three more bodies near her cunt proved to be as dead as the previous two. The rest seemed to be only rubble.

Lucia turned to look at her back, as carefully as she could. As she did, she heard a scream to her right and realized that there had actually been a living man on her right shoulder that had lost his balance and was falling. Reacting instinctively, she tried to turn and shot her hand out, trying to catch him mid-flight. The only thing she got, though, as her arm was describing an arc, was to make it sink it deeply on a tall building to her right, sending the largest part of the façade of three stories to the ground below. The rubble buried the falling man.

“Fuck!” she repeated.

She looked around and despaired. To her left, most of the buildings of an entire city block had crumbled as a result of her falling body. To her right, her foot and arm had caused severe damage to two additional buildings. And all around her, she could only hear screams.

She finished dusting herself off, large chunks of building falling to the road, as she thought on what she had done. She had only wanted to finish someone that had been attacking her. She had been in her right to do so. But the consequences were tragic. She knew that there were a lot of people in those buildings. Dozens of people. Maybe hundreds. In her short time as a giant woman, Lucia had already dealt with three people that had shot her and, after some initial doubts, she had felt good to be able to kill them. But the collateral damage had been terrible. She had slayed six innocent people first and now… now hundreds of people were dead because of her.

Images of the hospital came back to her and reminded her that this was not the first time she was the cause for hundreds of deaths. Her mind had no problems in finding perfectly good explanations for the killing of those that had attacked her, but this… it was hard to take, almost impossible.

All the rage and all the confidence that she had accumulated during her trek faded away and were replaced by despair and frustration. Lucia soon felt tears running down her cheeks. Her mind searched for a way out, but did not find any. Her sight was soon clouded, the tears taking everything.

She rested her elbows on her knees and held her head with her hands as she sobbed.

She had tried it. She had tried to prevent being crushed by the latest joke life had played on her, to find a way out. And she had failed. Hundreds of new victims were witness of that. She was probably sitting in dozens of them.

This last thought made her take her head from her hands and look around. She was about to stand up, trying to at least put some distance with this last scene of her monstrosity, when she saw that the landscape had changed somewhat in the minutes she had been sobbing and ignoring the world.

Some people had, for the first time, stopped running. They were very obviously not interested on helping her, though. She understood it all when she saw a few vans with dishes on their roof. The news crews had arrived. A quick look around with her reddened eyes showed her several cameras pointed at her.

The realization that she had made the news send another cold shiver down her spine. Lucia had no hopes of going through this experience unnoticed, of course. But knowing that something was bound to happen was not the same as actually facing it for the first time.

She wondered which sort of headlines she was making:

“Giant woman kills hundreds?”, “Hundreds dead under a giant woman’s ass?”, “Disgruntled secretary gets huge and goes postal?”

She even let out a desperate chuckle as more absurd ideas ran through her mind.

She saw the people that had stopped to take a peak and linked the dots. They were too scared to try to help her or even to reason with her. But they were observing her now, once the news crews had arrived. She had turned from threat to a living object of morbid curiosity. Her blood started boiling once more as she felt observed and, after a while judged. The entire world would be judging her now and, no doubt, tagging her as a monster, someone who had killed hundreds in barely a couple hours. Very few terrorists could claim that.

And, of course, no one would be interested at all in her story, in her motivations, in what the hell was happening to her. They had their monster already. They had their source of fear and their entertainment at the same time.

Despair quickly started giving way to rage pretty fast. She lost it when she saw that a couple of the cameras were pointing directly at her private parts which, being naked and the size she was, were not private anymore. It was true that sitting the way she was, with her legs folded and spread apart, she was giving the world a hell of a beaver shot, but feeling assaulted in her intimacy was maddening all the same. In the current situation, after all that had happened, how could her pussy be making the news?

Lucia slammed her fist hard on the ground next to her, making it shake. Many of the people that had stopped to get their curiosity filled, feeling that she was no longer a threat, started having second thoughts. Then, she yelled at them, sending the majority of those that did not report news for a living into a flee.

“I’m not a fucking circus attraction!”

She felt somewhat satisfied to see the crowd’s reaction to her words. Encouraged, she stood up, sending most of the remainders of it into a quest to catch the ones that had started running earlier.

She preferred the view from up high, especially in the current circumstances. It made everything look even smaller, reminding her of her actual size. What had been a reason for despair a few minutes ago had suddenly turned into a status defining tool once more.

“And I’m not a fucking sex object!” she said, her words now coming from considerably higher. She stomped her foot for added effect, making even the bravest journalists have second thoughts about what they were doing.

“I’m a woman going through a freakish situation that has repeatedly asked for help!” Lucia then said. “But you know what? I’m fed up with you little people! You don’t want to help me? Fine! I can live with that, if you would at least leave me alone and tried making things a little easier for me. But you can’t do that, can you?” Lucia went on in an angry tone.

“And now, of course, the bad giant woman has killed hundreds of people! It’s your fucking fault! For God’s sake! I’m the size of a fucking skyscraper. You just need to stay out of my fucking way! Is it that hard? Well, it must be, because you just keep on getting in my path and shooting me and causing accidents and making my ass crush half a city block!”

She was breathing hard by the time she finished. Then, she calmed down, waited a couple of seconds and, in a colder tone, added:

“Would you like to see what would happen if I really wanted to crush you?”

Her words made the people around more scared, if that was even possible. Then, she rose her voice again and said:

“You don’t, do you? Then, stop fucking with me!”

She was panting by the time she finished. She found out that she did not know what to say or do, once she had gone with this rant. And then, like an answer to her words, she heard some sirens in the distance.

 

End Notes:

 

If you want to read more from me or see artwork inspired on my stories, please visit https://www.deviantart.com/papayoya

 

Chapter 6 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

 

CHAPTER 6

 

Sergeant O’Shea could not take his eyes away from the naked woman in the distance. She was drop dead gorgeous. Her beautiful dark eyes were easy enough to see, even from the distance. Combined with her high cheekbones, thick lips and framed by jet black hair, she looked as wild as mysterious, and of course incredibly attractive.

She had the face of a centerfold… and the body too. It would have been hard for O’Shea to suggest any improvement to her hourglass figure with its silky legs, wide hips, washboard flat stomach or oversized yet unbelievably firm breasts. No doubt she had been blessed by genetics, but also by regular visits to the gym, as it was made obvious by the firmness of it all or the tense muscles that were hinted under her tanned skin.

Under normal circumstances, she would have been any man’s dream. Yet, today that woman was the city’s nightmare. Also his, since Keith O’Shea had no idea on what the hell he was supposed to do once the woman, who dwarfed every single building around her, reached them.

She had noticed them shortly after they had started to get ready. And she started heading towards them not long after. Her expression had scared the crap out of him at first, but it was softening as she approached. It was almost as if the woman was welcoming their sight, compared to whatever had been going through her head before.

Keith could sense his men’s nervousness. He could not blame them, considering he was at least as freaked out as they were. Murmurs started spreading along the blockade, no one had any clue on what they were supposed to do, and the woman was approaching fast. Incredibly fast, as a matter of fact. She had covered half a dozen blocks in no time and even if O’Shea had already accepted that the shakes were produced by her steps, he was still freaked out every time her feet set down and the ground under him trembled.

She had cut the distance with them in more than half and they still had no instructions. Tension could be cut with a knife. Then, the radios cracked, and they got their orders. He could clearly identify the Colonel in charge of the operation.

“At my command, fire at will. That bitch has killed hundreds of people already. Let’s bring her down!” he said, reinforcing the last sentence as if to give the men some morale. It worked with some, not with O’Shea. And he could see that not with many others.

Keith mentally questioned the wisdom of the order they had just been given, but there was no time to argue. The woman took three more steps in their direction. Her expression was almost kind by now. The radio cracked again:

“Fire. Bring the bitch down!”

 

*=*=*=*=*

For the first time in Lucia’s life, the sight of cops was very welcome. Almost as if she had had triggered a mental switch, she forgot about the crowds and journalists around her and her fury at them and focused entirely on her first sighting of authority since she had woken up in the ruins of the hospital.

The cops were organized in a blockade, or at least an attempt at one. It was not yet properly formed. Lucia tried to block the thought of how ridiculous they actually seemed and focused on the bright side of the situation. Despite how naïve it could all seem, she felt hopeful.

Forgetting about everything she had done until now, she saw the cops down the road as her first contact with someone that could help. These were the people she had intended to meet when she had started for the sea and these had to be the people that could get her the help she needed. They might even be able to clear a path for her to the beach, where she would be able to relax considerably versus being surrounded by buildings that she now knew were quite fragile.

So, feeling positive after some time, she headed for the blockade, her mind completely focused on cooperating with the police. She was a couple of blocks away when the firing started. She heard the bangs and felt the stings all over her body. Her mood changed very quickly from hopeful to incredibly mad.

The cops’ weapons were powerful, and the fire was intense and before she could realize, Lucia was covering her face and taking a couple of steps back. Reaching the intersection immediately behind her, she just ducked to her left and hid behind a quite tall building that reached all the way to her massive chest and offered good enough cover. Debris fell from its façade as she was not careful when doing so and she pushed her ass against the high-rise a little too hard. She breathed in hard, feeling incredibly pissed-off about what had just happened, when she heard some cheers coming from the main road.

“They are cheering!” her mind screamed. “The cops started shooting at me without even saying ‘Hi’ and the people are cheering!”

Then it completely sunk in. In their minds, she was a monster. They were not only scared of her because of her size, they thought she was a real monster, not a person, and they were hunting her down.

There would be no beach, no help, no going back to normal. They would hunt her down and keep trying until they could finish her. She would have felt despair if she had not been so angry.

“Those fucking tiny bugs are trying to kill me! They are trying as hard as they can!” her mind screamed at her again.

They did not want to talk to her, reason with her, try to reach an agreement she was more than willing to reach. They were just interested in killing her. In their eyes, she was not a woman going through a really weird situation; she was an abomination that had to be eliminated.

It was hard to accept. Her rage was thinking for her, though, leading her to reach the conclusion that the entire world was against her, now. And then, her mind screamed something else at her than: “Anyone who shoots at me dies!”

Lucia was breathing hard, thinking on what to do. Her rage was screaming at her to go out and face them, to show them what happened to those that attacked her. To show them how useless their weapons were against her now. To finish them like the bugs they were. She clenched her fists and was about to turn around the corner when a voice in the back of her head stopped her. Her last floodgate of sanity was trying to keep her rage at bay.

It told her that if she did what her anger was screaming at her to do she would cross the final line. She was vaguely conscious that she had already crossed several others when she had killed those that had attacked her or when she had brought half a city block down, but in her mind,  those had been unavoidable, accidents she could explain if she was given the chance. If she fought the cops back and killed them, as her anger was demanding, there would be nothing else to explain. She would declare war to them.

“They already declared fucking war on you!” her mind screamed again.

There was no denying that, of course. Still, the “easy” reaction felt wrong. If she could convince them that she was not dangerous, that all she wanted was a little help… things could still turn our right for her. Someone had to know how to shrink her back to normal. If she had grown she could be shrunk. There had to be a way. There had to be some way she could recover her life.

She was breathing very hard now. She heard some noises from the main avenue. Something was going on there. She did not dare to risk a look. She was still making her mind up. Finally, she had managed to calm down enough. She felt that she was thinking more clearly. Lucia focused on the happy path. She held to hope. No one was interested in more violence, right? She wanted to have her current situation resolved and the cops wanted to get rid of the threat they saw in her. They could reach an agreement. Yes, they had to be able to reach an agreement.

It was not easy to get in the right mood, in any case. Not after she had been hit dozens of times by a group of cops she felt she could easily crush in retribution. But it was the right thing to do.

A quick look down her body showed her a few tiny red splotches, but they were quickly fading away. Other than that, there were no apparent permanent effects of the attack. It helped calming Lucia down. And getting her more willing to cooperate with the police.

She did not turn the corner back into the main road immediately. It wasn’t time yet. She was sure that she did not need to do that to be heard and she did not want to risk a rushed reaction from the cops if she showed back in their sights. She cleared her throat and talked in a loud voice. Windows in the street she was in rattled. She was sure that she could be heard for blocks.

“Listen to me, please. My name is Lucia Torres. I’m 27. I’m not dangerous. I am just a normal woman. I don’t know how I got this big, but all I want is to have this fixed. You don’t have to be afraid. All I want is to get to the beach and stay there until someone finds out how to fix what happened to me. I know people are scared of me. I know I caused some accidents. I did not want to. And I promise I’ll be extra careful.”

This should be enough, she thought. Still, she decided to play it safe.

“Of course, I can go anywhere else you tell me to go. I just want to get out of the city and cause as little trouble as possible. I will follow your instructions.”

She had to admit it felt a little unnatural. No matter how much she wanted to get back to her normal life, the truth was that during her short while as a giant woman she had got used to be the one giving the orders, so her words felt strange. Still, she knew that she had no other option. Not if she wanted to cling to the last shred of hope that she could get out of the mess she had got into.

She gave them a while. She got no answer from the road. She thought on what to do. There was only one thing left.

“Ok, I’m going to come out. Please, don’t be afraid. I just want to talk. I want to reach an agreement.”

She tried to look as little threatening as possible as she stepped back into the main road. Her over exaggerated gesture would have even looked ridiculous if she had not been dwarfing the buildings next to her.

She saw that there had been some activity in the blockade during the time she had been hiding behind the building. A couple more cars and a van had arrived and also what looked like a large SWAT truck. Even from the distance and her height, Lucia saw that there was a clear difference between the truck and the rest of the vehicles. It looked much more threatening.

The cops did not shoot right away. Those were good news. Lucia smiled and said:

“Ok, I just wanted to…”

Just then, she saw a flash in the back of the blockade and almost immediately, she saw a trail of smoke moving quickly in her direction. She was not prepared at all for that. She realized what it was when it was already too late. She was beginning to flex her muscles to duck the approaching rocket when she felt it hitting her square in the stomach.

It felt like being punched. She squealed as she coughed all the air out of her lungs and then she started falling backwards. Windows shattered and debris peeled off from the façades of nearby buildings as first her ass and then her head hit the road behind her with enormous force, making her surroundings shake like a magnitude 5 earthquake. She remained motionless for a few seconds. It hurt. It hurt like hell.

Then she heard it. More cheering. It was much louder than before. She could not see it, but for all she knew there had to be hundreds of people down the road yelling and waving their hands as she laid down on the pavement, feeling as if she had been ran over by a bus.

Dizziness started to fade away and the facts came back to her head. And then she felt the rage back. It taking over her, feeling much stronger than it had ever felt before. It screamed at her:

“They shot a rocket at you!”

Being shot by guns and rifles has been infuriating enough, but this? For all she knew, they had shot her with whatever they used to blow tanks up. They really wanted to kill her. They wanted to kill her very badly. And, for all she knew, she should be dead. In her first action since she had been hit, she clumsily moved her right hand to her stomach, in the spot the missile had impacted. It still stung. And it burned. She could feel the blisters, but she had to move her fingers away, since their touch made the pain much more intense. Something was not right, or at least not as she would have expecting.  She brought her fingers back to her face and saw some burnt tissue on them. But no blood. She was not bleeding? It made no sense.

Her hand’s movement had had another effect. It took her a couple of seconds to understand. The cheering had stopped. People had realized that she wasn’t dead.

The last floodgate in her conscience broke and rage took completely over her, mixed with something else that had been building up in the back of it all morning long.

She felt something rush along her body. It had to be adrenaline. Her muscles tensed and she could have sworn that she felt some stretching as well. It was quick, though. She felt an incredible surge of strength and before she knew she was already sitting.

She could see that her sudden recovery had taken the cops unprepared. She looked down at her stomach and could see a bad looking burn to the left of her belly button. But for all that she knew, there should have been a nasty bleeding wound, instead.

She moved her fingers back to the area and felt the pain once more. Not having broken a bone in her life, Lucia did not think she had ever been hurt so badly. But, then again, she had never been shot with a missile before.

Adrenaline was still pumping at full speed along her bloodstream. She narrowed her eyes as she took yet another look at the very confused blockade and before she knew, she was back on her feet, looking down at it all.

The cops reacted with a mix of frenzy and panic as Lucia took two steps forward, closing the gap with her attackers while keeping an incredibly angry stare locked on them.

Then, there was another flash from the blockade. Despite being closer to the shot, this time Lucia was ready for it. She followed the trail of smoke as it moved towards her. It seemed slower than the previous one. Somehow, it felt as if time had suddenly slowed down. The muscles in her legs and torso tensed and reacted with amazing speed when she took a step to the left and then turned, putting her body sideways to the road. The missile passed next to her and she could feel the heat of its jet engine on her stomach and tits. She then followed it with her sight until she saw it crashing and exploding against the side of a tall building 4 blocks behind.

She sneered as she saw that the cops had not been expecting this. Gunfire erupted soon enough, but somehow the bullets seemed to sting less than they had before. Only those impacting the already burnt area were significantly annoying. Lucia just placed her left hand in front of her eyes, to prevent being hit there, and kept advancing. Her next step brought her to an intersection that was just a block away from the blockade. She then decided to try something. The results were spectacular.

She had seen it laying there, almost unscratched, in the middle of the road. It was a very large SUV, one of those she had always thought ridiculously massive for a city. She kicked it on the side and sent it rolling on itself at great speed and towards the blockade. Firing stopped as the SUV crashed with two squad cars and the three vehicles exploded spectacularly, debris injuring several of the cops that had not been harmed by the initial crash.

The break in the shooting was welcome by Lucia, who could now remove the hand from her face and look at the former blockade. Most cops were now either injured or trying to help their injured friends and did not look like a threat anymore. This did not make her despise them any less. Her eyes narrowed, she advanced towards the blockade as she said:

“I’m so gonna crush you!”

In Lucia’s mind, the cops were not a potential solution to her problem anymore, or someone she could reach an agreement with. They were the enemy, they had hurt her and all she wanted to do was to punish them for that.

When she was about to reach the blockade, two of the cops that were still well enough jumped into one of the undamaged squad cars and tried to get away from her. A second later, the car lay flat under Lucia’s right foot, pressed a few of feet into the road.

She was now in the middle of the former blockade. Looking down, she could see the few cops that could still move scurrying like mice.

“You annoying bugs!”

She stomped on them. All it took her were a few well-placed steps, each of them accounting for a dozen or more of the tiny pests at a time. It almost felt too easy. She did not care if they were injured or not. They all deserved to die and nothing was going to deny her that pleasure. When she finished with the cops, she just kicked a pretty unscratched van into the third story of a neighboring building. Panting, she looked down. There was only one vehicle left. The SWAT truck. She had seen some of the uniformed Lego-sized men getting into it. She bent down and picked the supposedly large vehicle up by the roof. It offered a refreshing resistance to her grab, compared to the other cars she had picked up so far. She tilted it slightly, feeling that there seemed to be a sizeable group of cops inside. Lucia just shook the vehicle vigorously, like someone shaking a can of spray paint, turning them all into pulp, unprepared as they were for her astronomical strength.

She was about to rip the doors open and look inside, curious to see the results of her handiwork, when the screams from the road caught her attention. Bringing her arm down and holding the truck at her side, she looked down the avenue.

The laggards of the mob were only a couple of blocks away. The crowd was a few hundred strong. She knew those were the same guys that had cheered when she was being shot and had celebrated it when they thought she had been killed by the missile.

With a very pissed off look in her face, she yelled as loud as she could:

“Did you think I was dead? I was merely scratched!”

She unconsciously looked down at the burn in her stomach as she said so. It still hurt, but somehow the pain seemed to be less intense and the appearance was a little less worrisome than it had been a few minutes ago. She might have overreacted when she had looked at it the first time. She arched an eyebrow, positively surprised that she seemed to be even less hurt than she had thought.

“You will need much more than that if you want to hurt me!” she yelled back at the crowd.

They did not react to her angry words of defiance. They just kept on running and screaming. Lucia was mad at them. She was as mad at them as she had been at the cops. Ones had tried their best to kill her, but the others had wanted her dead all the same. In her current state of mind, they deserved to be crushed as badly as the police officers.

Then, something that had been building up in the back of her conscience kicked in. They had tried their best to kill her, yet there she was, somewhat hurt but not too badly. They, on the other hand… she took a look down at the former blockade once again. It looked as if it had been washed out by a natural disaster. She felt some strange pride at it. Especially when she realized that she had not even had to break a sweat.

Her nipples swelled, and she felt warmth in her womanhood as an incredible power rush took over her body. She had felt traces of it all during the morning, but now the feeling flooded her. She was powerful. Incredibly powerful. She had crossed every single remaining line with her act of retribution, but at the same time she had freed herself from any restraint. She was not subject to any authority anymore. She had just crushed it.

She addressed the crowd once more, in a loud and now very arrogant tone.

“You should have taken the chance while I was willing to be nice. But since it seems that the only language you are willing to use is violence, I’ll show you that I’m way better at killing you than you are at hurting me!”

As she said that, she arched her arm and threw the SWAT truck in the direction of the crowd. She had never known that she had such a good aim. The truck easily flew the more than two blocks that separated her from the mob, loudly crashed in a packed section of it and then rolled over itself half a dozen times, trampling several more people before it burst into flames. Lucia had to suppress a laugh as she saw that the effects of her throw had been much larger than anticipated. Apart from the ones that had been crushed by the truck or trampled by it afterwards, there were several others that seemed to be seriously injured, hit by the debris that was shot away from it when it hit the ground.

She moaned, feeling actual physical pleasure from what she had done. Lucia did not care at all that they were civilians, not cops. Not anymore.  She just registered the consequences of her effortless action as another proof of her power.

She was beginning to be drunk with it.

“Of course they were afraid!” she thought. “Look at me and look at them. I have the power to do anything I want, and they are helpless to do anything about it!”

Her attention was caught by a movement she saw through the corner of her eye.

 

*=*=*=*=*

 

“Shit, she has seen us” Diaz whispered.

O’Shea would have loved to say that it had just been a product of his imagination, but he was not completely sure.

They had managed to sneak away from the main group in the blockade while the giant woman was methodically finishing their friends and colleagues. And now they were hiding around a corner, too afraid to risk an escape in the open street. The level of anxiety was too high not to risk a peek around the corner from time to time, though. O’Shea had hoped that they would be too small for her to notice them, but now he was not so sure.

When the woman stopped talking and turned her head in their direction, he felt a very cold shiver running down his spine.

An instant later he was having a much closer look than he would have wanted to the woman’s face. As concerning as that alone would have been, what scared the crap out of Keith was the predatory look in her eyes.

 

*=*=*=*=*

 

Like everything she did, Lucia moved with the grace and agility of a feline, pivoting on her foot and crouching first, then stooping forward to look around the corner. She smiled wickedly when she saw a group of five cops cowering in there.

They tried to flee. She just moved her hand in place, enveloping the group and easily catching all of them in one scoop, not stopping to pay attention at just how dexterous she had got in handling the small world around her.

Standing back up, she opened her palm under her face and looked with great satisfaction at the five tiny officers. They were squirming like worms. The combination of their size, their movements and their stupidity made them lose their humanity in Lucia’s eyes.

Only a couple of them were lying in a position where they had eye contact with her. She savored the fact that they were utterly terrified and imagined that their three colleagues would be in the same state of mind.

Her inner mind was screaming to her to do one thing only. She consciously knew what that would mean. It would not make a difference, though, her subconscious added. Lucia knew by that time that there was no going back to normal, anymore. The rules of the game had changed. She was stuck with what she had become, at least until the little fuckers found some way to kill her.

She felt they would not have an easy time bringing her down, but deep inside Lucia knew that they would eventually succeed. It was a bleak perspective, but it also freed her. She did not need to worry about the consequences of her actions anymore. They were determined already. She just needed to focus on seizing the moment.

Her lips curled in a smirk, in anticipation for what was going to happen. Then she sneered at the two terrified cops in her palm whose faces she could see.

“Are you regretting having shot me already?” she asked with as much disdain as she could.

And then, she just started closing her fingers around them. There were screams, some of them really anguished. It only made it better for Lucia, who had the look of a mad woman as she started feeling the first bones break. Soon she could not see the five victims in her palm, she could just feel them. She kept going, tightening her fingers as hard as she could, making her knuckles white. Lucia felt a dark pleasure as she felt the cops’ bodies squish under the titanic strength of her fingers.  She just went on, not stopping until blood and gore started oozing between them.

She opened her palm and observed the mess. None of the corpses were recognizable anymore. All she could see was a puddle of gore, mixed with dark blue cloth pieces. This was a sight that would have made her throw up just one day before. Now she was looking at it with a sense of achievement. They had tried to kill her, so she had killed them instead. Not only did it feel fair, it also felt reinvigorating. The times of being pushed around were over.

 

End Notes:

 

Please, visit https://www.deviantart.com/papayoya for more stories from me and also to see drawings, collages and renders about them.

Chapter 7 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 7

 

Never before in history there had been so much footage of a massacre as there was on Lucia’s antics with the cops. Images of their confrontation were also the bulk of the multimedia material available of the giantess since she had woken-up. Prior to that, there had barely been some cellphone pictures and short videos of her first moments as a giant and the filming the news crews had done right after she had accidentally brought an entire city block down.

There had been plenty of cameras ready to film her fight with the police, though, and there was footage available from every angle, as crews had shot her from the road, from nearby rooftops and from helicopters above.

For people watching at home, all over the country, the complete sequence had been both shocking and distressing.

The first high quality images of a naked and obviously attractive woman towering over everything in her surroundings and roaming freely around the city had been astonishing. Both the text on screen and the anchors were constantly repeating that she was believed to have been the cause of over a thousand deaths already, but with no images of those supposed actions or even their consequences and victims, it was hard for the viewers to associate the person in the screen with them. All the viewers could see was an undeniably beautiful woman walking calmly in a scene that seemed taken from the SyFy channel.

Lucia’s threat was much less obvious for those watching the scene in their living rooms than for the people sharing the streets with her. That was the reason why there were significantly less cheers from those at home when she was attacked first and brought down later. People rationally understood the need to put a stop to a creature that was causing massive death and destruction in the city, but still the images of a woman being hit by a rocket were unexpected.

Everyone was equally awestruck when the giant woman came back from an attack with what the audiences home knew had been one of the few anti-tank weapons Kingston’s SWAT team had in stock, just in case they were needed in the event of a large-scale terrorist action.

The way she dealt with her attackers was appalling. By the time the world saw her grabbing a handful of survivors and crushing them to death in her hand as she sneered in pleasure, Lucia Torres had become officially the world’s worst villain. Zoomed in shots of her ecstatic expression as she went on with her cold-blooded execution were too much for the public to stomach.

Every last soul demanded one thing only: for her to be brought down. Officially, everyone was seeking vengeance. Deep inside they also wanted this new horrible threat to go away.

It was a demand Mayor Logan was unable to fulfill. Police Commissioner Coates was sitting across him in his office.

“How could this happen?” Logan wondered aloud.

Coates looked really gone, as if he had seen the devil and was still trying to recover from it.

“We threw all we got at her,” he said, sounding absent.

“We did not even hurt her!” Logan said, looking close to a nervous breakdown.

This seemed to bring Coates somewhat back.

“We hurt her. Just not enough,” he said. He was not going to let his men die without at least the credit for what they had managed to achieve.

Coates could not really blame Logan for having made the decision to go after the giant woman with all they had, no attempts for negotiation made. Local politicians hardly had to face decisions like the one he had to make in such a really short time. He had been under a lot of heat once the reports talking about hundreds of victims had started to come in and Coates himself had briefed him on some of the options he thought would be effective to deal with the problem. Logan’s decision had felt right at that point. Of course, now he knew it was probably the worst decision he could have ever made.

“What do we do now?” Logan asked, sounding desperate. Most certainly he was going through a similar mental process as Coates was now.

“We can do nothing,” the Commissioner said.

“Nothing?” Logan asked in a feeble voice.

“I just lost more than a hundred of my best men. We have nothing heavier in the arsenal. We can’t do anything until we get some bigger guns here,” Coates said.

“Where is the National Guard?” Logan asked, somewhat recovering.

“On their way. It will still take them over an hour,” Coates said.

“We cannot leave the city at this woman’s mercy for over an hour!” Logan protested.

“Charles… there’s nothing we can do.”

 

*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia’s adrenaline was up. Using a nearby roof to try to clean the remainders of the cops from her palm, she looked around and tried to make her mind up about what do.

Her surroundings where the same ones she had been at half an hour before, but the world had completely changed for her over the last minutes. Or at least, her perception of it had.

Lucia had been incomprehensively scared just a while ago, but she was a different woman now. It was somehow ironic that her fear was gone once she had accepted her eventual demise, but that acceptance had come with the realization of the true potential of her new self.

The attack on her had triggered both discoveries. They had shot all they had at her, of that she was sure. And they had only managed to hurt her mildly. She looked down at her wound as she thought about it and was pleasantly surprised to see that it looked even better now, almost completely healed. A light touch with her fingertips confirmed as much. How was that possible? She had no clue, but the news was certainly welcome.

She, in exchange, had finished them off with insulting ease. And she had felt great while doing it. For the first time in her adult life she had felt in charge. More than in charge, she had felt above. It was a great feeling; one she would relish on experiencing from now on.

She knew the tiny fuckers would eventually succeed in bringing her down. After all, there were millions of them and they would sooner or later bring bigger guns. She was not going to make it easy for them, of course, but there was no point in being delusional about it. Lucia was past that.

But this gloomy knowledge had also given her the strength to accept what she had become. And much like someone who has been given a short time to live by the doctor, it had also given her the determination to enjoy this new self for as long as she could. The time for faintheartedness was over. And so were her inhibitions.

Lucia was unconsciously looking for ways to test her new resolve. She first eyed the crowd, just a few blocks down. Part of their appeal was removed by the fact that they were already pretty battered after the SWAT truck she had thrown at them. There were enough of them to offer her a good chance to vent, but they were not as interesting as they had once been.

And then she remembered, and an evil smile formed in her lips.

 

*=*=*=*=*

 

“I thought you said you had a couple of days off,” Jennifer said, still in bed.

Carl finished washing his face and replied from the bathroom:

“They called me in. There is some sort of emergency.”

“What type of emergency?”

“I have no idea. But the sergeant said that they were calling everyone in,” Carl said.

Carl got out of the bathroom, rushed to put some jeans and a T-shirt on and turned to the gorgeous blonde girl in his bed:

“I need to go. You can stay here, but this will probably take a while. I’ll call you when I find out a little more.”

Jennifer sat down in bed, still naked and looking a little sleepy. Their sex had ended up pretty late the night before, so she would not mind staying a while more.

“I’ll sleep a little longer, then. Should I be worried by your crazy ex-girlfriend showing up?” she asked in a somewhat sarcastic tone.

Carl swallowed hard.

“Well, she did not know that she was an ex-girlfriend.”

“She does now!” Jennifer said, chuckling.

“Anyway, I had the lock changed,” Carl said, shrugging.

A minute later, he was gone, and Jennifer quickly dozed.

 

*=*=*=*=*

 

The streets felt different as Lucia enjoyed her leisurely stroll towards her new destination, which was no other than Carl’s apartment. Anticipation at meeting his ex and letting him know what happened to those that crossed her was making the already enjoyable walk even better. Looking at the city from her new vantage point of view became even more enjoyable, the sight advancing what she would live once she set her hands on the slimy bastard.

Lucia had already crossed a large part of the city, since she had woken up in her new condition, but she had a new attitude now, one where she considered her new size both as a blessing and as a source for unlimited possibilities.

In her eyes, everything that had made her uncertain not so long ago was now an advantage. She loved towering over the buildings, feeling that most of them could not even reach as high as her belly button despite being high-rises. She was delighted by the shakes and craters every one of her steps produced. And she reveled in the fear her mere presence inspired in the people.

Eyeing a crowd not so far away and directly in her path, Lucia decided that it was time to let the city know about her new approach to her amazing condition. She was upon them in no time and stopped, enjoying the delicious sight of her toes towering over the fleeing people and the cacophony of screams and horns that mixed with her footsteps to compose the soundtrack to her colossal trek.

“Scared? Awed? Both?” she mocked from above. “I guess I can cause that. Let me give you some more concrete reasons, though.”

She had a last moment of doubt, but her new resolve soon prevailed as Lucia raised her right foot and let it hover over the panicked crowd. She waited for a couple of cruel seconds, knowing that she was about to cross yet one more line, but she did not care anymore. It was not as if it was going to make a difference, and she just felt like doing it. The world at street level turned into chaos as she set her foot down. She did not stomp or put any force in her step, just let her sole set on the road and dig it into one of her usual footprints, burying three dozen people in the process. The lethal capability of her feet when crowds were tightly packed still astonished her.

The crowd’s fear turned into madness. Lucia drank on it, letting a laugh out.

“Shocked now?” she asked. “Better get used to it, I’m just getting started,” she went on. Her left foot moved forward, continuing her murderous wade in the crowd and finishing three-dozen more lives.

“I’m done asking things nicely,” she boomed. Her right foot moved forward again. This time Lucia rested her heel first and then lowered the ball of her foot slowly, gradually compressing the space the crowd under her shadow had to live. “It doesn’t work, and what’s the point, when I can crush you instead?” Lucia boomed. “The times for wimping out are over!”

Lucia would have never thought that she could enjoy taking lives so much. Of course, they were not the lives themselves. After all, she was not a psychopath. It was the feeling of power. She had never known that it could be so intoxicating. And to think that she had been so scared about her transformation!

She did not know how long she was going to be around, but she was determined to make the most out of it. No one before had had the possibilities that were now open for her. And she would explore them all.

She strutted as she kept moving down the street, taking lives with grim finality as she did. She loved how crowds were increasingly unprepared for her, the deeper she got into Downtown the less they had heard about her before she showed up. Lucia loved the type of reaction she caused when that happened, the initial awe and incredulity soon replaced by terror as she started trampling them and realized about the danger.

She pondered whether she should say something else to the people as she kept smashing them, realizing that she had remained silent for a while. She decided against it and let her feet do the talking as she kept enjoying the amazing power implied by her new stature.

The day was hot, but a soft cool breeze blowing from the ocean was cooling her off as she advanced between buildings that were getting gradually taller, chilling her out as her soles kept sowing chaos a few hundred feet below. Her resolve kept as strong as it had been right after defeating the cops, but for the first time in a while Lucia had the necessary calm to think a bit beyond the immediate. Her mind started wandering around her situation, the possibilities it opened and how she should embrace them. Her next action was clear, but she had not yet put any thought on what to do right after.

Her current punishing of Kingston’s population for the attempt on her life felt both thrilling and empowering, but she knew that she should aspire to more than just roaming around smashing people under her feet.

Any further considerations about her longer-term plans were gone when her keen dark eyes easily located the building she was looking for in the distance: the one that contained Carl’s apartment. Her heart filled with glee and she started on a more rushed pace, ignoring the thickening crowd in front of her as she quickly cut the distance towards it.

 

*=*=*=*=*

 

Jennifer woke up, feeling uncomfortable about something. A quick look to her watch showed her that she had slept a couple hours more. She did not worry. She was not expected at her job until much later that night, in the bar where she worked as a waitress.

Her mind was transitioning from the grogginess of sleep to wakefulness when she realized what was wrong. The light. Or the lack of it, to be more precise. The room was too dark. She turned towards the large windows and her blood froze immediately when she saw what had been blocking them. It was an eye. An incredibly large brown eye. Jennifer screamed. The eye blinked and she heard some noise coming from outside. It had been loud and low in tone… to Jennifer it sounded almost like a chuckle.

Jumping from bed, she ran towards the door. She was halfway through opening it when the building shook violently and she was thrown on her back. The door finished opening by itself and through it she could see a pinkish mass retreating. Jennifer stood up and ran towards the door once more, but she did not find what she was expecting. Instead of Carl’s living room there was a massive hole. Looking down, she could see the apartment two stories down. She screamed even louder.

“Oh no, you are not going anywhere!”

The voice had been thundering, making any glass that was still unbroken rattle. It still kept its feminine tone, though. And Jennifer thought that it reminded her of someone.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia got next to her target building in no time. It reached right under her mammoth breasts. Mentally counting the floors, she stooped to look through the windows of the 24th story and into Carl’s apartment, which was somewhere between her waist and her massive rack. It felt like looking into a dollhouse. Carl was nowhere to be seen, but she almost forgot about him when she spotted the tiny woman in his bed. She must have felt her presence, somehow, since she woke up and in no time, she was screaming. Lucia loved her panicked howl more than any other sound she had heard so far.

When the woman suddenly stood up from bed and tried to make it to the door, Lucia reacted instinctively and caught herself punching the building to block her exit. Of course, she ended up doing quite more than that. Her fist partially destroyed the apartments in five consecutive floors. She achieved her objective, though, and the blonde woman was now trapped in Carl’s bedroom. She never even put a thought on the three collateral victims of her casual gesture.

“Oh no, you are not going anywhere!” she said, chuckling.

The blonde woman screamed even louder. Then, she stood up and ran to the bathroom. Lucia did not mind. She had been plenty of times in that apartment. She knew that there was no window or any other exit, so the woman was trapped in there. It was just a matter of taking her out.

She could have asked the woman to come out on her own, but Lucia had other plans. Both her hangs dug deeper into the building, turned upwards, and with terrifying ease, Lucia ripped the top six floors of the high-rise from the rest.

She held the six stories and twenty-four apartments at chest level for a while, rubble raining to the street below. Then, bored, she just tossed them carelessly to the side, finishing dozens of lives without a second thought and bringing two more buildings down a couple of blocks away.

Lucia had to suppress a laugh when she realized that the little blonde woman probably still did not know that it was her standing outside Carl’s building. This was going to change very soon.

“Let me tell you something, tiny… you are in for a very big surprise”

She only had to use a couple of fingers to pull up the part of the ceiling that had not gone with the top of the building. Soon, she had a bird’s eye view of the barely inch-tall slut that had been fucking her ex-boyfriend and laughing at her back. Lucia’s breasts and face loomed over her as she observed her from her full height with a smirk on her face.

Lucia could only giggle as the naked blonde bitch looked up at her in terror from her curling position inside the bathtub. Things got only better when it was obvious that she had recognized her, and her scream changed both in volume and pitch.

“Remember when I told you that you would regret having crossed me?” Lucia asked in a deceivingly sweet tone. “Well, today is that day!”

“Oh my god!” the blonde screamed in a mousy voice.

“I know,” Lucia said. “I’ve gone through a bit of personal growth,” she then joked.

The blonde could not reply, so Lucia went on:

“Carl always had good taste when it came to women. Too bad about that bruise on your face. How did you get it?” she mocked looking at the effects of their fight when Lucia had been as insignificant as the curled woman she was now observing from above.

She realized that she did not even know the blonde’s name when the woman, visibly panicked, tried to stand up from the tub and run. Lucia easily solved that by gently resting a finger on her and pushing her back into the tub.

“I’d rather you stay there,” she said softly, almost like someone talking to a little girl. It was easy enough to see the frustration on the blonde’s expression. Lucia loved it.

“What do you want?” the blonde asked, sobbing.

“So, the little bimbo can talk! And I thought you only knew how to scream and fuck!” Lucia mocked. “This makes it so much better. See, I was planning on having a girl chat!”

The truth was that Lucia had not known what she would do once she had ripped the top of the building open. Her first guess when she saw the tiny blonde through the window would have been that she would finish her swiftly, but her thoughts on the matter had changed once she had seen her trapped in the bathtub. Seeing her there, at her mercy, Lucia’s ego had demanded her to return the humiliation it had suffered from the puny woman’s, only magnified a hundred-fold.

Without warning, she reached for the bathtub with two fingers and easily ripped it from the floor, lifting it to her waiting palm and holding the tub and its teeny occupant right under her excited eyes.

“Where’s Carl?” Lucia asked naturally.

The blonde seemed to be a little dizzy from the sudden movement. God, the more she learned about the tiny people she had once been part of, the more pathetic they turned out to be! Lucia gave her a couple of seconds to react, but when the little woman used them to start screaming, she just shook the bathtub in her grasp, letting her know that she was not playing games.

“I asked you a question,” she insisted.

“He left!” she finally answered in her mousy voice.

“Where?” Lucia inquired.

“I don’t know… he got a call from the station. A couple hours ago.”

Lucia narrowed her eyes. She had not missed him by much. The blonde had obviously noticed the change in her expression and looked even more uncomfortable, if that was even possible. Lucia found it amusing and decided to use it to her advantage.

“He fucks really well, doesn’t he?” she asked to the diminutive naked woman. There was no doubt in her mind about what had been going on in the bed before her ex had been forced to leave.

It was obvious that her question had startled the woman, which had been her intention. She decided to push it a bit more.

“I can see why he chose you. You are only missing a few inches to be the perfect Barbie!”

“Please…” the blonde started to sob, but Lucia just ignored her.

“He always loved big tits,” she went on. “I think he would get crazy about mine, now. Would you agree?”

She did not give her any time to reply. Instead, she just moved the palm containing the tub so that it would sit right under her right boob and stooped a little, guiding it towards her target.

Her nipple rivaled in size with the little woman. Its ultrasensitive tip soon met the tiny naked figure. It tickled more than any previous experience Lucia had had, sending ripples of pleasure down her spine as she just rested it there, feeling the pathetic efforts from Carl’s slut to push it away. It was playtime, so just to show the Lilliputian who was in charge Lucia pushed a bit harder, letting her nipple mash a bit as it pressed its pitiful victim. Psychological satisfaction joined the physical stimulation to send Lucia in a blissful state. This, in turn, made her nipple swell to even larger proportions, trapping the blonde whore with an even more vicious force.

Lucia was enjoying the situation tremendously, reinforcing her in her belief that embracing her new condition had been overdue. She was mindful enough to ease the pressure on the tiny woman before it was too late, though. She could not prevent a loud laugh when she saw her in utter panic and drenched in sweat, even if it was unclear if the sticky layer belonged to Lucia or her victim.

“I wonder why anyone would choose you over me?” Lucia mocked. The tiny woman started to sob right away.

Lucia’s first instinct was to mock a bit more, but then she changed her mind and decided a different approach.

“Oh, come on! Don’t be so gloomy. I know I can be quite a tease and that some people find me scary, but it’s just us girls now!”

The blonde threw her a puzzled look.

“You never knew Carl was seeing someone else, did you?” Lucia asked.

The tiny woman held to the lifeline Lucia had just thrown her for dear life.

“No! No, I did not know!”

“Yeah, I had guessed so much. The damned bastard played with us!”

The blonde nodded so hard that it felt that her head would come off.

“I never got your name, by the way. I guess you already know I’m Lucia.”

“Jennifer!” her diminutive captive yelled back in her comical tone.

It was an appropriate name for the pathetic little thing. If Lucia had been given three guesses to get her name right, she would have probably had two to spare.

“Nice to meet you Jennifer!” she said cheerfully, and then, without warning, she reached for her palm and picked the tub with two fingers, making the woman scream again.

Lucia did not mind, and just turned the tub upside down, emptying the yelling woman in her palm and discarding the old piece of bathroom equipment over her shoulder. Jennifer did not have time to react before the same two fingers reached back into her hand and pinched her naked and voluptuous body between its tips. Lucia would have liked to be able to hold the little woman in her fist, her head sticking out of it as she held her in front of her face, like in the Attack of the Fifty Foot woman movie. But she was way too big for that. The fifty-foot woman would probably struggle to reach her knees and when it came to holding the inch-tall beings that populated the city, she was better off using her fingers and taking the utmost care.

Lucia could not help but loving the feeling of the squirming paperclip-sized woman between her fingertips. She was screaming her lungs out and as soon as she held it in front of her eyes, Lucia could see a look of betrayal in her face. It made Lucia chuckle.

“Don’t be stupid. I’m still the giant here!”

She wanted the blonde slut a bit more relaxed, but not much. Holding her felt great. Being the first person from her past life that she met and picked up in her new condition made the entire feeling much more rewarding, both reinforcing her infatuation with her new stature and opening her eyes to the possibilities it offered. Not only could she rampage the city mindlessly like a sensuous version of Godzilla, but she could also have a much deeper impact in society and in her past life than she had thought at the beginning. Lucia was starting to realize that one of the options to make the most out of whatever time she had as a giant was to deal with anyone and anything she had despised but had not been able to act upon before her transformation. If she had to eventually pass away, nothing and no one she loathed should survive her.

She was holding the first tiny sample of this new self-imposed mission between her fingertips, even if she was making an effort to keep the little blonde’s hopes high, even after letting her know that she was in charge.

“So, tell me Jenny,” Lucia started, seeing that the blonde did not like the nickname she had chosen for her. “What did Carl tell you after I found you in bed the other day?”

She decided to break the woman’s newfound nerves simply by engaging into a conversation, no matter how uncomfortable this new position might be for her. Jennifer did not reply immediately, but Lucia saw that she was getting ready for it, so she just let her be.

“He told me that you were his ex, but that he had left you,” Jennifer finally said, her tone suggesting that she was getting ready to put all the blame on their common lover, taking the way out Lucia had opened for her.

“And I thought we were being honest to each other,” Lucia replied and then, much to Jennifer’s surprise, she just increased the pressure a little, enough for her captive to notice. She did not want the slut to relax too much, and besides, she was not going to take any bullshit from her.

“He told me that he had not told you yet!” Jennifer finally admitted, the words taking a bit more effort to get out. “But he was going to do it,” she finally added, sounding more truthful.

Lucia narrowed her eyes a little more and remained speechless for a few seconds. Then she asked:

“Did he tell you why?”

“What?” Jennifer replied

“Did he tell you why he wanted to break up with me? I mean, you are good looking, but I’m hotter than you and I’m sure I fuck much better than you. So, I want to know the real reason. What did he tell you?” Lucia asked, genuinely curious despite the anger she felt rising inside her.

“I don’t know,” Jennifer said. She was way too unconvincing.

Lucia increased the pressure again, getting a panicked reaction from the tiny blonde almost right away.

“Oh, come on, Jenny! I know how men like Carl like to mock their exes and I know how women like you enjoy hearing about it. Spit it out!” Lucia commanded, the power rush threatening to intoxicate her.

“He said… he said you were complicated,” Jennifer said. Lucia raised her eyebrows, clearly looking for more, so Jennifer went on. “He said that you had a very hot temper and that… that your mood was always unpredictable.”

“So, he just kept fucking me until he found a good enough replacement pussy,” Lucia said with some scorn. Then, he looked at the tiny but voluptuous woman between her fingers with some disdain and added: “He had good taste, at least.”

“That’s what he said… I… I never thought… I did not know who you were…” Jennifer started babbling, obviously afraid.

“No, you just fucked him. And I guess you felt really well thinking that a hot man like Carl had dumped some unlucky girl to hang out with you,” Lucia said sharply.

“Please, let me go. I told you everything I know. I don’t know what happened between you, but I don’t want any part on this” Jennifer pleaded.

Lucia let out a loud and very genuine laugh.

“Let you go?” she asked with sarcasm. “Do you know how many people I crushed just so that I could get here?” she then asked with a cold voice.

Jennifer seemed to understand just then. Seeing her hopes shatter in an instant was priceless.   

“Please… no, please… no” Jennifer screamed between sobs.

Lucia was enjoying the situation enormously. There was a dark, non-confessable pleasure in being able to inspire such terror in whomever she chose. Her nipples were getting hard again and she felt a familiar wetness in her pussy. For an instant, she considered using Jennifer as a sex toy, but for some reason it did not feel right. It was not that she was suddenly finding out some limits to her new view of life or that she had hit some inhibitions. She simply did not find Jennifer, who had been cheating her with her ex, worthy of the destination.

“You are so cute!” Lucia mocked, sounding very cheerful. “I could eat you up!” she then teased. Jennifer’s incredibly anguished reaction encouraged Lucia to go all the way, bringing the blonde’s tiny body to her full lips and sucking her tiny body into her mouth, resting her teeny figure in her tongue.

She left her in there for a while, letting her lay on top of her tongue. When she finally started moving and fighting her way out it was exhilarating. Just for fun, Lucia pushed her up with her tongue and easily defeated her efforts. She chuckled, careful not to open her mouth.

“I wonder how long she can last in there,” she thought. Then, her stomach rumbled. “Am I really going to do this?” she thought.

She had killed plenty of people already, but somehow this felt different. A thread of conscience tried to tell her that she was crossing one of the only lines that were left for her. She really felt like doing it, though, so she convinced herself that it was just another way of getting rid of someone. An especially humiliating way. Making her mind up, she just swallowed.

It felt weird. It felt very weird. She felt her going down all the way to her stomach, the blonde’s body slithering down her esophagus. She could not keep the feeling that it was wrong from her mind, though.

“I just ate a person” she told herself. “What does that make me?”

A noise that had been following her for a while became more present, making her turn to check it. It was the news choppers. They had finally caught her, just in time. She then realized that the whole world had seen her eating Carl’s slut. Or, the way they would see it, the entire planet had seen her eating a young woman.

“Damn!” she thought. Then, she calmed down and her wilder side said “What does it matter? They have already seen me doing plenty of stuff, including a few hundred deaths. What does one more mean?”

Keeping her stare fixed on the choppers, she just patted her stomach and smiled at them. She wondered whether Jennifer would die suffocated or dissolved in her gastric juices.

Once she had put her conscience at bay, what Lucia had just done felt incredibly satisfying, almost inebriating. It was close to the ultimate insult to the tiny people around her, proving her once again about just how much life had changed for her in a matter of a couple of hours and about how much she was capable of accomplishing now.

Encouraged by her experience with Jennifer, Lucia became really eager to deal with Carl. She first had to find him, but in a city as large as this was, this might be harder than finding a needle in a haystack.

“How does someone find a fireman on duty?” Lucia wondered. A cruel smile former in her lips as she thought on an answer.

 

End Notes:


*************************************

Author's note:


I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 


So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: https://gumroad.com/l/vuVni


To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks to everyone that reads me, and even more to those that find the time to comment and provide constructive feedback!

Chapter 8 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 8

 

Lucia turned from the tall apartment building where Carl had lived. She had not found her ex there but dealing with the slut he had been cheating her with had been already a very satisfying experience. It had also given Lucia a new type of resolve. Her confrontation with the cops had already changed her perception of the world, but it had been her encounter with Jennifer that had opened her mind up about how to use her new status.

Unsurprisingly, her surroundings were very empty. She had spent quite some time with the apartment building and by now there was no doubt that people did not enjoy being around her. The problem for them, of course, was that Lucia’s speed made her very unpredictable.

Lucia knew very well what she wanted to do next. The problem was that, unlike with Carl’s apartment, she was not positive about where she needed to go. Her best guess was the station where Carl typically operated. It was doubtful he would be there by the time she got there, but she had no better ideas, so it was preferable to keep moving than just to stay still. It was likely that she got new ideas as she advanced. And she was dying to find new people anyway.

The station was deeper into Kingston’s downtown, which also worked well enough for Lucia. So, without further thought, she turned and faced the familiar skyline of the city, now looking so close that it felt as if she could grasp it in her fingers.

Lucia typically used GPS whenever she wanted to go to Carl’s workplace. She had lived in Kingston for five years already, but the city was massive, and she could not claim to know it all. She did not have her cellphone with her right now. As a matter of fact, she did not have anything beyond her colossal nude body. But her new height gave her a Google Maps view of the city as she moved through the now empty streets. A welcome discovery was that her sight seemed to be much keener than it should, enabling her to make out a level of detail about the miniature world around her that should not have been possible. This, combined with her new perspective of the cityscape, allowed Lucia to orient herself with no issues.

She enjoyed a few calm steps that allowed her to focus on sensations she had recently discovered, such as that of the warm tarmac sinking under her soft soles or the feeling of seeing buildings barely being able to make it to her round hard ass. Her indulgence was somehow disrupted by the increasingly annoying background noise of the news choppers. Once they had caught up with her, they did not seem to be willing to let go, and were following her every move, no doubt reporting each of her actions to the entire world.

Of course, Lucia had already unconsciously known that she had made the news. Her first encounter with the journalists had been frustrating, but she had been a different woman back then, not having yet gone through the cathartic experience that her fight with the cops had been. She felt far from frustrated now, but the truth was that she had not put too much thought about having become the world’s center of attention yet.

Lucia suddenly imagined the scenes likely going on in living rooms across the globe, people glued to their TVs as they saw a massive woman roaming the streets of a large metropolis, stepping on people, ripping a building open and yes, eating someone. Compared to her, Charles Manson looked almost like an angel.

She chuckled, suddenly realizing that every newscast in the world was showing a fully naked young woman, and it was probably still not noon! Were she not for real, boys under 17 would not have been admitted into the movie! Lucia had not been too concerned about her nudity since briefly after her growth. She had had more complex issues to worry about. Suddenly knowing that the planet’s eyes were glued to her naked curves brought the issue back to her attention. Far from making her uneasy, Lucia just started putting some swagger into her walk, making sure that the cameras caught the hypnotic bouncing of her world-class ass. She had never been a puritan, and there was nothing she was showing that she should feel ashamed of.

Being in the spotlight made Lucia more playful. Extending a finger as she walked, she poked it through the window of a building that reached all the way up to her waist and dragged it as she advanced, ripping an entire floor open with no more effort than it would have taken her to drag a curtain. She wanted the population to realize about her power. And even if she did not want to admit it too much, she also wanted them to marvel at her gorgeousness.

Her show, simple as it was, seemed to be working, since the increasing volume of the annoying rotor sound indicated that the news choppers were getting closer and closer.

This worked worse for Lucia than being in the spotlight, since the noise was getting loud enough to bother her and not even let her think clearly. She was getting increasingly frustrated that she had the entire world at her feet and she could do nothing about this when she suddenly realized that this latest appreciation was not true. She was a goddamned giant, for fuck’s sake. If she did not want something, then it damn well shouldn’t be!

Lucia was about to catch the first crowd since her antics at Carl’s apartment, but she decided to let them be a while longer in order to take care of the issue at hand. Suddenly stopping on her tracks, the giantess pivoted on herself to turn and plant herself in a commanding position, with her legs straddling the eight lanes of the avenue and her hands on her hips.

She smirked when she saw that this made the helicopters stop on their tracks. They were still way too close, though. Lucia counted twelve of them, displaying every possible combination of the brightest colors in the palette. There seemed to be some hidden dance among them in which they tried to get the best spot to follow her. She had concluded that she did not mind being followed. After all, she had nothing to hide to the world anymore. Up to some point, knowing that there would be plenty of footage of her legacy was reassuring. And she certainly could not care less about the choppers’ dispute of the space around her.

Lucia had two main concerns: making sure that the aircraft would stop bothering her and prove them and the world who was in charge. After all, she was pretty sure that they would be able to get good enough images from a larger distance. It was not as if she was hard to see.

“Listen up!” she boomed, her voice easily heard over the buzzing sound of the rotors. She pushed her chest out, making sure that her worldwide audience would appreciate her amazing rack. “I don’t mind the coverage, but you guys are way too close and getting into my head. If you want to keep following me, you need to get farther!”

She was expecting an immediate reaction. All she got was one of the choppers moving slightly away and a second one, with purple and yellow colors, to rush to take its spot, which she guessed the pilot thought was better. It made her blood boil.

“Farther, you idiots!”

A couple of helicopters reacted to her angry command by moving a bit, but it could not have been much more than a hundred feet or so. God, it was frustrating! When Lucia realized that the reason they were not following her orders was the fact that they felt that they were safe from her, she got mad.

One of the consequences of her growth that had sunk in the most in Lucia was the fact that suddenly nothing and no one were out of her reach. When the cops had attacked her, she had crushed them. When her ex’s lover had hidden inside an apartment, she had ripped the building open. Once she had freed herself from restraint, Lucia had learned that her new size and strength offered practically unlimited possibilities. So, being suddenly confronted by a group of people that literally felt safe from her was deeply frustrating.

Lucia narrowed her eyes in an angry expression, looking for ways to make the tiny fuckers regret ever having challenged her. It only took her a few seconds to come to an idea.

No one in the helicopters knew what she was doing when she crouched and reached out for the road. Each of her hands easily grabbed a couple of toy-sized cars, not minding the severe denting she was causing on them in the process. Before anyone could react, Lucia was back on her feet, holding four vehicles in her palms, three sedans and an SUV.

She thought about one last warning but changed her mind. She was pissed off and had nothing to gain by being nice to them. If anything, she did not think it would influence their reporting, and she could not care less about how her actions were being pictured. So, without further word, Lucia just tossed the two sedans in her right hand in the direction of the choppers.

She had not paid too much attention into aiming, and she just flicked her wrist for the throw, so the cars described a high and slow arc as they moved towards the flock of news helicopters, making it very easy for the pilots to stay out of their way. Seeing them reposition themselves even closer to her after this first attempt made Lucia mad enough to quickly transfer the remaining two vehicles to her right hand and throw them with much more intention.

Once again, she had not been aiming precisely, but she had been much more purposeful this time and there were just too many aircraft to miss. Still, she was thoroughly impressed when the SUV hit square into the purple and yellow helicopter, turning it instantly into a fireball. The other vehicle, a large black Mercedes, flew a bit wide of the two helicopters to the right of her first victim, but it was still close enough to make the pilots overreact. Unluckily for them, they both steered in opposite directions, making the helicopters inevitably crash into each other.

Lucia’s jaw dropped as she observed the fireworks. There were still not over, since the effects of the explosions had not died yet. Shrapnel and heat projected from the three exploding choppers and, tight as the group was, caught two more victims. Lucia could quickly recognize them by the thick black smoke trail that formed in their exhaust. She did not have time to say anything before the first affected helicopter failed to maneuver around an apartment building, crashing into its façade and bringing the top third down. The second chopper managed to crash land into a K-Mart’s parking lot.

She was about to claim victory when a dark streak in the back of her mind told her to make the message even stronger. She was upon the K-mart and the offending chopper that had barely managed to land among the abandoned cars in no time, hearing the seven aircraft that had survived follow her with renewed interest. Smoke was still rising from the damaged rotor, now forming a thick vertical column rather than a trail. She decided not to crouch, but from her vantage point of view, Lucia would have sworn that the occupants of the fallen aircraft were frantically trying to kick the door open, trying to get out before the unavoidable explosion engulfed them. Lucia did not give them the chance. Raising her foot over the comparatively smaller helicopter, she kept it there for a few moments and then completed her stomp, flattening its green and white frame beyond recognition and shocking the colleagues of the victims.

Turning, she faced the now very astonished reporters that were still broadcasting her antics and locked an angry stare on them.

“I will not tolerate challenge!” her voice thundered. “You thought you were beyond my reach? Think twice!” she bragged. Encouraged, she got bolder. “Consider this your final warning. Start following my orders or else!”

It was hard to interpret the reaction of something inanimate as a group of helicopters, but Lucia could have sworn by the choreography of movements that happened right after her words that they had finally got the message.

“Now, get farther. If any of you becomes louder than a fly, I swear I’ll swat every single one of you out of the sky!”

Seeing them move both higher and farther almost at unison made her feel euphoric. The physical consequences came soon enough, and Lucia felt the hardening of her nipples and the moisture on her womanhood. She knew that the power rush was starting to get mixed with sexual stimulation, but she hoped that she would be able to keep the latter at bay until she got her hands on Carl. Otherwise, she would need to find an alternative.

Her dealing with the helicopters had got Lucia a bit off track, but it was nothing that could not be easily corrected for a woman of her stature. Her feet trampled through the abandoned K-Mart as she moved back to her route. The people had used the time she had spent with the news crews to get a bit farther, but she could soon see that their efforts had mostly been to no avail. She caught up with them barely three blocks farther than the initial spot where she had found them. This, which would have frustrated her enormously right after her growth, was very welcomed in her new mindset.

It still beat Lucia just how many people seemed to think that the best way of getting away from her was to try and outrun her. It was simply stupid! Of course, seeing the entire scene from up above and not being at risk of being stepped on gave her the necessary calm to analyze the situation coldly, but she thought that the conclusion she had reached regarding this should have been easy enough even for the most stressed and uninspired individual.

And yet, here they were, packed as usual and not very successful at escaping from her, which was kind of natural when one considered that each of her steps accounted for dozens of the tiny fuckers’ strides.

Lucia’s first instinct was to just step on them. She hesitated whether to talk down to them before or not. And then, in the last moment, she stopped. It was not out of compassion. But, now very aware of the scrutiny of her actions by the news crews that were still following her, she decided that a woman like her could certainly offer a wider variety than just finishing dozens of lives under her feet.

Suddenly feeling curious about the crowd and eager to test some more of her unlimited possibilities, Lucia observed the unlucky bastards with her hands on her hips until she made her mind up and started to crouch.

The world rocked when her knee landed on the road like a meteorite, sinking even deeper than her feet normally did. The shake was quickly followed by its twin when her other knee accompanied the first. There was no way he hands would not end up crushing someone, so she did not try to avoid it. It was the first time she felt bodies burst under her palms but truth be told, the sensation was not that different from that under the balls of her feet. She did not mind her latest victims too much, though, even if they had the effect of intensifying the annoying screams coming from the mob. She wanted to have a better look at the tiny population and this was what she was going to do.

Lowering her head, she brought her eyes closer to the crowd, her intention being merely observation. It turned out that being as colossal as she was tended to make even the slightest actions more consequential than she could guess, and this occasion was no exception.

With her face straight over the spot where the crowd was more packed, thick locks of jet-black hair started wrecking a havoc of their own, sending people flying around and injuring those that were caught by shiny strands of hair that felt like whips.

Lucia could not believe it and immediately sat on her knees, relieving the crowd of the torment of her mane. Feeling some funny movement in her head, she combed her fingers through her locks and produced four people, two in each hand, that had been trapped in her hair.

“Oh, God! How pathetic!” she let out, locking glances with four battered and incredibly jumpy people. Not knowing what else to do with them, Lucia just tossed them over her shoulder and turned to observe the crowd once again.

She was positively surprised at how good of a job they had made of clearing a bit the space immediately in front of her while she was dealing with her hair captives. Still eager to get a closer look at the new proportions of her fellow citizens, Lucia tied her long hair into a hurried bun and lied face down, resting her chin on folded arms.

Her towering face was dangerously close to the laggards in the crowd, but for once the giantess was not in the mood for immediate violence. Now calmer, Lucia understood that her point had already been made. There was no going back from the brutality she had exhibited already, and it was not as if she minded. Lucia had reached a conclusion and had made her mind up about what to do with her size and her life for as long as she had both.

She did not have a clear plan yet, but her intention was simple enough. She wanted to feel and enjoy the power and control she had been denied of for most of her adult life. And she wanted to enjoy it to the limit. This did not require her to just mindlessly slaughter anyone that crossed her path, even if it was one of the options at her disposal and she was not going to shy away from using it when needed or just when she felt like it.

There were other ways to enjoy her supremacy, though, and she might as well use them. She found out that taking a closer look at the subjects of her dominance was one of them.

Lucia could observe the vast diversity of the crowd that was so ineffectively trying to get away from her threatening presence. Kingston was a large metropolis and in a neighborhood like this one you could find practically any stereotype on Earth.

Arrayed in front of her, desperately trying to escape her attention, she could see every age range, every social class, every ethnicity. As in every social group, there were winners and losers, and Lucia thought that she could identify them at first glance. It did not matter. They could be young, fit, good-looking, rich. It did not make a difference. Because every single soul under her scrutiny shared a common aspect. They were all at her mercy.

She had been one of them, only a few hours before. And Lucia did not fool herself into thinking that she would not have been in the losers’ group. She might be young, fit and eye-catching, but the world had not stopped playing jokes on her ever since leaving college and being confronted with the hard reality of life.

Not anymore, though. Because now, some twist of destiny had turned her into an amazing creature, and suddenly she was not one of them anymore. Lucia knew that many in the crowd she was studying would be richer than she was. A few would be smarter. She doubted any would be better looking, but it was still a possibility. It did not matter. Wealth, looks, smarts… they did not matter anymore. The way she had found about it was certainly ironic, but the truth was that in the end and after all that had been said, size did matter.

Not just any size, of course. A few feet would not have done it. But a big enough boost in stature and there she was, one of a kind, looking at the world from a position of dominance. She doubted she could call herself human anymore. She was getting gradually convinced that she was something else, someone chosen by destiny to consolidate enough power to have the world on the palm of her hand. At least, until enough tiny mites like the ones trying to get away from her managed to pool together to bring her down.

Her nipples pushed harder against the asphalt they were resting on, the thought making her even more excited than she had already been. It was in that moment when Lucia realized that life had finally repaid its debt to her with interest.

Lucia’s upbringing had been quite uneventful. Raised in a middle-class family, she had never enjoyed luxury but had not found herself lacking anything either. College had marked an inflexion point in her life, her decent academic performance and the popularity that she had enjoyed thanks to her looks having brought her to heights she had not known. Lucia had always known that she was beautiful. A late growth spurt had given her the type of killer body that did not go unnoticed in campus, though, and suddenly, the naturally cheerful Latina had been exposed to levels of popularity she was unprepared for. In hindsight, it would be fair to say that she had let it get into her head. Things had started going south soon enough, even if she would not realize until much later.

Richard had been too good to be true. Fifteen years her senior, he was already a partner in one of Kingston’s most important law firms when she had met him. Despite her parents distrust and the multiple warnings she received about leaving college unfinished, she moved in with him shortly after. And so, when he dumped her eight months later, in a pattern she had later learnt was usual for him, she found herself in a city she did not know, with no money, no job, no degree and no friends. She just retained her pride, a pride that prevented her from running back home.

Life suddenly hit Lucia like a hammer’s blow. She spent three years moving from shitty job to shitty job with the only hopes of paying the bills. Some months she really struggled to make the ends meet. Her love life had not been much better. She was hot enough that she could get laid just by wrapping a tight dress around her ad hitting a dance club, but every potential boyfriend she had tried her luck with had turned to be a bigger asshole than Richard. The only positive thing happening to her in those dark years had been meeting Sharon, the only person in the world she could call a friend.

With time, she had finally got some stability. It had come through the job at BioChem. It was, by far, the best company she had worked for, with a reasonable salary and benefits. For the first time in many years, she settled somewhere. She could move to a less shitty apartment and worry a little less for the bills, even if saving was still out of the question.

And with stability, Lucia finally realized what had become of her. The most popular girl in College, filled with dreams of greatness had suddenly become a 27-year-old secretary with no real perspective for a brighter future.

Meeting Carl had helped her get out of the loop of frustration she had got into. He was kind, funny and very handsome. In him, Lucia had seen a ray of hope, an exit from the cul-de-sac her life had got into. But, of course, like everything else, this also came down like a house of cards when he caught him in bed with the blonde bitch.

Losing her job the day after had finally blown off what remained of her pretended stability. She would have had a very hard time to go through it all if she had not grown through a hospital that same night. 

And now, after some very hard first moments where she almost despaired, she was feeling better that she had felt in a very long time. She was, once again, the center of attention. And she felt back in control of her life. Better than that, actually. She felt in charge, completely in charge. After having been constantly trampled by life, she now felt as if she could take over the world. And suddenly, Lucia felt at peace.

It was then when she finally got it. She did not mind dying, even if she would make sure that she would make the tiny fuckers work very hard to take her out.  She finally understood that what she had been afraid of, all this time, had been nothing else than mediocrity. She had dreaded the prospect of wasting a life she had thought deserved better. Well, not anymore!

She might be around another hour, another day or another week, but one thing was clear already: long after someone finally came up with a way to take her out, the name Lucia Torres would be uttered with a mix of fear and admiration. Every minute of her new life was worth many lifespans of her pathetic previous self, so by the time she was finally gone she would have lived more than the entire crowd under her nose. It was a fair deal. As a matter of fact, it was the best deal ever.

“You are so lovely, running as if you had a chance!” Lucia finally whispered sensuously, her voice easily carrying for blocks.

Feeling playful, Lucia puckered her full lips out and blew a gentle kiss in the general direction of the crowd. She could not prevent a laugh when she saw several people losing their balance and falling.

“Oh!” she let out cheerfully.

Encouraged by the results, the giant inhaled deeply, pushing her mammoth breasts harder into the road. Some screamed, realizing about what was about to happen. There was nothing they could do. With a naughty wink, Lucia pushed her lips out once more and blew much more forcefully.

This time people were thrown about, some were even sent flying over their tiny comrades. Lucia kept on blowing for as long as she could, slightly adjusting the direction to reach more of the mob. She was surprised by the reach and strength of her lungs, especially when she saw a few abandoned cars move and even turn upside down. Finally out of air, Lucia observed the street in front of her face and moaned when she saw just how much of it she had cleared in such a simple way.

“Oh my goodness!” she moaned, feeling her womanhood getting drenched as it pushed the tarmac.

She realized that she would not be able to postpone the urge for too long, but she did not think that getting sidetracked was a good idea right now. Lucia removed an arm from under her chin and reached out, easily bridging the distance with the crowd with the vast reach of her slender limb. She chuckled when those in the mob reacted to the menacing shadow her hand projected on them, almost as if a meteorite was going to fall on their heads. This is not what happened, though. Instead, Lucia just unfolder her closed hand and extended two fingers, curling them downwards and setting them tips first on the road. There was no warning before she started walking them, quickly reaching the crowd and dwarfing those on it with their twenty-feet towering presence.

Of course, Lucia’s fingers had no problem shoving people around as they got deeper and deeper into the packed group. She could barely stop her giggling as she observed the consequences of such a simple action in the mob. There was still room to up the ante considerably, so she soon started “kicking” people with her neatly manicured fingernails, sending them flying for dozens of feet before they landed on top of some others, typically not to stand up again. The exhilaration was too much to keep it to herself:

“And to think that I was as puny as you only yesterday! Do you realize? The world is my sandbox, and you are my toys! Thank God there are so many of you! I’ve got to tell you; you guys break easy!”

As if to prove her point, Lucia’s fingers stepped on a screaming woman, pushing her to the ground barely without any effort until she felt her pop under her fingertip.

The screams from the crowd were getting loud enough to become very annoying. It was to be expected, of course, but this did not mean that Lucia had to like it. It was remarkable how fast someone could get used to having her way.

“You guys are no fun!” she said to them as she twitched her nose.

Without warning, she slammed her open palm in the middle of the group, snuffing a couple dozen lives in a mindless instant before she pushed herself up and gracefully stood back to her full towering height.

It was amazing how the screams could still make it all the way to her sensitive ears but felt completely different, almost as if they were happening in another planet. They might well be, since after all Lucia reflected that the world at her feet and the one where she now lived, well over the rooftops, certainly did not feel related.

The easy thing would have been to walk down the street. A few steps down that route would have made her recent torture of the crowd feel like an anecdote soon enough. But stepping on people was hardly new for Lucia, so she just made a left and chose a different and possibly more interesting route to keep her advance to Downtown.

 

 

 

End Notes:

 

Author's note:

 
I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 


So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: https://gumroad.com/l/vuVni


To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks to everyone that reads me, and even more to those that find the time to comment and provide constructive feedback!

 

Chapter 9 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 9

 

Kingston was a modern city. Lucia never realized how thankful she had to be for that, since she had been enjoying rules of urban design and construction that made her life as a giantess much easier. Streets and avenues were hardly ever narrower than four lanes, with six and eight lanes being actually the most common designs. Sidewalks were wide. City blocks were evenly distributed. Everything seemed well thought to allow a skyscraper-sized woman to move freely and without constraints.

And that’s what Lucia did. Having chosen an almost empty route, the gorgeous giant woman enjoyed several calm steps where her mind could wander into considerations of her transformation other than just the lives she was smashing under her soles.

Of course, streets would never be completely empty. And, of course, not everyone on them would be able to stay away from Lucia’s unpredictable and deadly footfalls. But the random deaths under her feet as she kept going barely registered in the giant’s mind, which was focused on different stuff.

It was amazing to see how not even the tallest buildings could make it as high as her waist, many struggling to reach to her shapely knees. Despite the fact that she was taking it easy, Lucia was moving incredibly fast, looking down at the city to see the unfamiliar view of its roofs rather than the one she was used of its façades. Being the tallest thing around was curiously empowering, making Lucia feel a strange pride at her height.

Almost like a reflex, her right hand reached for a spot to the left of her belly button and found smooth skin where minutes ago there had been a nasty wound. The discovery matched the lack of pain or even annoyance in the area, but still surprised her, making her stop to check with her own eyes that her fingertips were not lying.

“Oh,” she muttered as she observed the barely noticeable remnants of the effects of the rocket that had hit her. It could not have been much longer than an hour ago, so the fact that the burn, which had been bad enough, was basically gone was completely unexpected. She was not going to complain about it, of course! Her mind struggled for a moment, trying to find an explanation, but soon decided that once she was standing taller than the buildings lining down the streets, getting too tied up about this did not make too much sense. Still, it was a very welcome finding, like her enhanced sight or hearing.

Lucia realized that she still had no clue about the reasons behind her growth. Once she had understood that she was not going back to normal, they were less relevant. And still, she felt curious about them. At some point she might have to put some thought into it. This was not the time for it, though. This was the time to keep enjoying what had happened to her, no matter what the cause had been.

She was upon the next crowd soon enough, so she put her thoughts aside to focus back on her immediate surroundings. Now feeling more relaxed and obviously content about her situation, Lucia felt like addressing the mob before having her way with it.

The fact that their type of shock revealed that they had been unaware of her presence in the city until moments ago made it even more compelling. For all she knew, they were looking at her like some sort of Godzilla catching upon them.

“How are you this morning, my cute tiny fellows?” she asked just after stopping a couple of steps before reaching the group. “I’m doing great myself. Of course, the size has to do with it. I’m Lucia, by the way!” she let out.

The only answer she got back were screams, even if they were less annoying when they came all the way from her feet.

“Wanna live?” she asked. “Do as I say and… well, stay out of the spot where I’m going to step and you’ll mostly be fine!”

Almost as if to prove her point, Lucia took a first step towards the crowd. Her left foot landed on them soon after, not giving anyone in the area a chance before increasing her body count by over two dozen. Eventually, someone would recount the victims of her trek; Lucia had stopped the tally long ago.

Not having much alternative, the giantess kept wading into the mob, quickly turning her visit into a massacre, even if she had not been originally interested in that. She would have continued going on if the gleam had not caught her attention.

She found the source of the flash first and the easily followed his pathetic attempt at escaping to the bright green van with a dish on the roof.

“Interesting,” Lucia muttered.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“She’s coming this way!” Doug as soon as he got back into the news van. He was puzzled when Amanda looked at him with excitement.

Of course, she was excited! The giant woman was the biggest news ever, and it has happening in her city! Three years after finishing college, Amanda was starting to become frustrated of not having made it further than one of the local news stations in Kingston. When she had completed her degree in Journalism she had certainly aspired to more than covering local news that could get as exciting as the new orca in Sea World or the protests of the neighbors of the Marina district because of the noise they had to suffer every weekend in Kingston’s most popular partying area.

Nothing ever happened in Kingston. Despite being one of the largest cities in the country, it was also one of the most boring ones. The crime rate was low, the city hardly ever hosted any national or international events, no over hyped company had its headquarters around and local politics were nothing but predictable. Life just seemed to find a way to go on, as good for its citizens as uninteresting for the rest of the world.

And now, suddenly, the most amazing event ever was happening in her neighborhood, and the eyes of the world were set on Kingston. Amanda’s excitement had been growing at the same pace as the fear in the rest of the population. Where they saw a threat, she saw an opportunity, a shot to finally do some real reporting and get out of the nothingness her life had become. And then, traffic had stood between her and fate.

There was a reason most of the imagery from the giant after her confrontation with the police came from the helicopters that had been following her. Amanda had cursed when some of the guys she knew from other stations had got to the giantess first, right after she had crushed half a city block under her ass. She knew most of them from covering local events and had even had beers with a few. As amazing as their coverage had felt, back then, it had nothing to do with the new attitude of the titanic woman, who had visibly become more violent and destructive after the unsuccessful attempt at bringing her down.

The latest images from her at street level had been those of her annihilation of the police force. No one had been able to keep up with her after that moment and as soon as she started getting deeper in the direction of Downtown, her presence had had a ripple effect in traffic that had effectively collapsed the city.

And so, Amanda had found herself trapped in the worst pile up in the history of Kingston, unable to get closer to the source of the news, leaving the entire stage to her colleagues in the air, whose job was usually to report on the same traffic that was keeping her away.

She had slammed her palms in the dashboard a few times, kicked a few others and cursed in frustration. Not even the fact that the gargantuan woman had downed five of the choppers that had originally followed her had seemed to change Amanda’s mind or mood. She had barely shrugged at the remark from Doug that one of the confirmed victims had been Bryce, a cameraman they both knew and had hung out a few times with. She was not relieved either by the fact that the helicopter operated by the station she worked for was still airborne and following the massive Latina, even if from a much more prudent distance. Amanda had been eagerly following the images in the van’s screen for a while, but the footage soon became repetitive and uninteresting. She understood that whoever managed to report about Lucia Torres from up close would make a breakthrough and feeling the chance slip through her fingers irked her like nothing else before.

And then, just when she had begun to accept that she would not be able to get to the giantess, the giantess had come to her.

Amanda’s enthusiasm was inversely proportional to that of the rest of people trapped with her in the intersection of Jackson with Fifty-third. It was obvious that everyone else had noticed the developments that Doug had just reported to her, since the panic raised at a remarkable speed, the screams soon filtering through the van’s frame and windows. Car doors started to fly open and those that had been patiently waiting inside their vehicles for the jam to clear soon joined their comrades on the street into a disorganized mob that resembled a stampede.

“We need to go!” Doug said.

“Go?” Amanda replied, taken out of her thoughts. She then looked at the startled expression of her cameraman and frowned. Doug was a nice guy, helpful and funny, just not a great journalist. In his late thirties, he was the kind of guy that was happy enough with his life and just wanted to get through the day to make enough money to go back to his wife and kid. The type of guy who was happy going to Sea World to film an Orca. Amanda’s impulse was to scorn him, but she quickly saw that it would not work. It was preferable to find some way to make him see the light.

“This is the chance of our lives!” she said to her startled companion.

“She is coming this way. If we do not get out of here soon, it will be too late!” he protested.

Amanda looked through the windshield and scanned her surroundings. She mapped it all out very quickly. After all, she had always had a very sharp mind.

“Listen, we drive over there and park the van,” she said, pointing to an alley that was clearly ending in a cul-de-sac. This was probably the only reason no one had tried to use it to flee the scene. “She will never notice us. We must look tiny to her. The spot is good enough to shoot her while she is approaching, get a good closeup of her feet and then continue filming while she is moving away. I’ll report it as you shoot.”

“Why would we want to do that?” Doug asked, obviously more scared than hungry for notoriety. Amanda was thinking how to find something that could appeal to him.

“Because we would be the first! There’s no footage of her at street level. Images from the choppers are getting old. We will make a breakthrough! And I bet there’s good money in it as well!”

“Money?” he asked, taking bait.

“Of course!” Amanda pushed. “Not from our boss, mind you. But everyone will want to talk to us after this, and I’m not just referring to our local colleague’s. I’m talking national networks!”

“I don’t like it,” Doug insisted.

“So, what’s your plan? Running down the street?” Amanda asked. She could see that she had hit the bull’s eye.

A minute later, Doug was driving slowly, using the van’s fender to push abandoned cars out of the way as she attempted to cross four lanes in the direction of a small alley.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Doug still did not know how he had ended up getting convinced by his overenthusiastic coworker. Amanda was not unlike many of the girls that had done the job before her: young, passionate and incredibly ambitious. None lasted more than a couple or three years, so Doug knew that he would soon be working with yet another young girl just out of college. It suited him well enough, even if it also reminded her of the fact that he was getting old.

Doug had no issue driving the girls around and filming them as they tried to report the most boring situations ever as if they were world-changing events. It was easy enough and it paid the bills. After more than fifteen years, the work had become quite routine, and still, he was smart enough to know that there was something different about Amanda. He had a certain weakness for her. Many of the other girls he had worked with had been good looking, but there was something about Amanda’s petite gorgeousness that, combined with her energy, made him too fond of her for his own good. He had known that this would cause him trouble one day. He had not expected that it would be like this.

There was nothing to do about the situation other than keeping his fingers crossed that Amanda’s remark about them being too inconsequential to be noticed would be accurate. Because it was clearly too late to change his mind.

The giant was upon them, and once having reached that point, there was nothing else to do than doing his job. He shot one last glance at the approaching behemoth, took a deep breath and then started looking at her through the lens of his camera.

God, she was huge! Even though she was still half a dozen blocks away, her proportions left no doubt, her colossal figure dwarfing everything around her, including some twenty-story tall buildings that Doug saw in amazement that could barely make it to her deep belly button. The ground had been rumbling for a while, but now it was noticeably shaking. Doug felt his hair standing on end when he realized that the rhythmic pace of the tremors perfectly matched with the movement of her legs and the setting of her feet on the ground.

By now, everyone had heard enough of Lucia Torres, the giantess of Kingston. The world knew about her origins in Southern California, about her high-school years, about her life at College. They had been informed about her amorous life, about her failures, about her lowly job. And they had learned to hate her. She had been called the Monster of Kingston by some. Others, probably farther away and feeling less threatened by her presence, had dubbed her LuZilla.

The debate about her intentions was lively, the arguments about her motives were incredibly heated. If there was one area of her that did not generate any dispute that were her looks. Doug could easily see why. None of the images he had seen on the screen, back in the van, made justice to what his eye could see through the objective. He could not help but agree with everyone else on the fact that Lucia Torres was a ravishing woman.

Quite obviously unconcerned about her full nudity, the giantess was advancing in a calm and sensuous strut that highlighted every asset of her magnificent hourglass figure. Her long silky legs, which now stood all the way up to the rooftops, were both smooth and fit, letting the world know that Lucia had enhanced a blessed genetic heritage with frequent visits to the gym. The last point was further proven by her flat stomach, which was almost model-caliber and that resembled a vast washboard that preceded an impossible bosom. Out of proportion with the rest of her anatomy, the giant’s breasts, which must now weigh several tons each, defied gravity and stood impossibly high and erect in her chest, nipples pointing to the horizon. Her face did not discord with the rest of her, her large dark eyes, high cheeks and full lips, neatly framed by long and wavy jet-black hair, conveying wildness and sensuality at the same time. Doug was almost waiting for her to walk by to check if her ass was as world-class as he expected.

Doug had seldom made an effort to fine tune his shots over these last years. The type of jobs he had done had not required it, making him lazy. It was different this time, and he caught himself adjusting both his position and the settings so that he would offer the audience as good a view as possible of the woman, both trying to convey her beauty and her towering stature. He chuckled when he realized that this was probably the first time in his career he had filmed a nude woman, and that whatever he was recording would probably be aired live by stations all around the world without further consideration on the woman’s nakedness, the ratings or the age of the audience.

“This is Amanda Westwood, reporting from Kingston’s East End,” his young colleague started right then. Having zoomed in a bit in the giant’s face, Doug felt a shiver running down the spine when he irrationally felt as if she would be able to hear them. Of course, she was not. They were way too far and way too small. This was proven by the fact that not a single muscle in the giant’s face even twitched, so gradually Doug’s hear rate went back to normal and he focused back on getting a good shot of the scene. “We are in the intersection of Jackson and Fifty-third and, as you can see, the giant Lucia Torres is heading our way. She seems to be heading Downtown and to have chosen Jackson as her route. I don’t know if you can feel it, but the ground is shaking around us as we are trying to keep our position. Such is the impact this woman is having in our city and the world.”

Amanda had always been creative enough with words. Doug was surprised that, at twenty-five, she could sound so calm and reassured in a situation such as this.

“This woman, who now seems content enough, is believed to be the cause for well over a thousand deaths, including those of the brave officers of the KPD that tried to stop there in Colson. She has not shied away from killing and causing massive destruction ever since, even if her intentions remain unclear.”

The giant had cut the distance with them to less than a block since the moment Doug had started filming her and Amanda had started reporting. Each of her steps was now felt like a mild earthquake, and he had to fight to stay on his feet and keep the camera steady enough.

“Miss Torres has just caught up with the crowd, less than a block away from our position. The panic around me is incredible, like nothing I had ever seen. Everyone is expectant to see what this giant woman will do. Wait… she seems to be stopping.”

“How are you this morning, my cute tiny fellows?” a voice thundered from up above. It was incredibly powerful, but Doug was surprised to feel that it kept its original sensuality as well. “I’m doing great myself. Of course, the size has to do with it. I’m Lucia, by the way!”

Doug understood that she was mocking them and felt a shiver run down his spine. He did not have a good feeling about this. The screams around him were so loud that it was getting hard to think. People were afraid, and they were rightfully so. The only reason Doug did not join them in their fear was that he was too focused on his work and on the incredible visuals of the scene.

“Wanna live?” the voice thundered again. “Do as I say and… well, stay out of the spot where I’m going to step, and you’ll mostly be fine!”

The woman’s foot raised almost right after. Doug followed it with his camera until it stopped, hovering mid-air. Doug’s blood froze when he realized that there was nothing but people right under her sole. The footfall rocked the world around him, making him almost drop his camera. He still managed to keep shooting, though, and so, even if unknown to him, he had got the first closeup of the giant stepping into people. It was horrendous. One moment the people were there, and the next they were not, replaced by a foot that was longer than an 18-wheeler. Doug had caught over two-dozen pairs of hands shooting up, as if trying to stop the deadly foot. They did not manage to slow it down even for a faction of a second. As a matter of fact, not even the road did, since the foot kept going, easily breaking through the asphalt and sinking deep into the ground, cracks forming in every direction around it.

“Oh my God!” Amanda yelled to the microphone. “She is stepping on people. She is doing it on purpose!”

The giant’s free foot then rose. Her movement was even more unceremonious this time, the overall process until it plowed into the road was faster and harsher. And then, there was another step. And another.

“She is killing dozens!” Amanda exclaimed. “She is killing dozens of people almost without a thought!”

The giant’s last step had finally taken her left foot dangerously close to them, barely ten yards from Doug’s position. Neither him nor Amanda had been able to keep their footing anymore, the woman-induced earthquake finally sending them on their butts. The feeling of being dwarfed by a foot, its anklebone looming high over them, was humbling and deeply disquieting at the same time.

By now, Doug was thinking more on his job, feeling the passion for it that he had lost so long ago returning to him, than on the clear danger he was exposed to. After all, Amanda’s assessment felt righter than ever now that the woman’s true proportions were so evident. Half-hidden in the alley, they had to be too small for the giant to notice. He stood up and aimed with his camera, intending to get a shot of her face, of her expression, all the way down from the street.

With the Sun almost perpendicular to them, it proved to be a very bad mistake. The might be inconsequential from the giant’s perspective, but very few things could catch a woman’s attention like a gleam.

Doug felt the weight of the world crushing him when the giant woman turned, and her enormous dark eyes locked on his. His legs were about to fail, but he managed to recover on time to turn and mentally measure the distance to the van.

“Oh God, she has seen us!” Amanda reported to the world just before turning and beating him in a mad rush to the news van.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia easily recognized the news van, with its shiny colors and the dish on its roof. This was not the first time she met one of them in her new condition, but she had been a different woman the last time one of these had crossed her way. She had been ashamed of what she was back then, and the last thing she wanted was the world to know about her existence. How things had changed!

Spying the two tiny figures making a run towards the van and reaching the logical conclusion that they were reporters, Lucia realized that this was the first time her path crossed one of them on the ground since her fight with the cops. A quick look over her shoulder showed her that she kept her usual entourage of news choppers, now at a much more respectful distance, but the attention she had caught in the air had been unmatched at her feet so far.

She felt naturally curious about the journalists. She was not in a hurry to make her mind up, though. Looking at the scene from her vantage point of view, it was easy enough to see that the couple was cornered and that she could take her time to decide. This was, she was finding out, yet another advantage of her size. Her new vantage point of view gave her a great perspective of a wide area around her. Combined with her never ending reach, this conferred her a phenomenal ability to control her surroundings. Nothing could elude her scrutiny, nothing could evade her grasp.

This was not going to be different with the reporters, so the question was not how to get them but what to do once she did. Lucia’s first instinct was just to crush them as a punishment for having spied on her. Her lizard brain, which had become much more violent after the transformation, was telling her that it was the right thing to do. Thankfully for them, now that Lucia was calmer, her higher consciousness prevailed.

Lucia’s emotions had felt like a rollercoaster that morning, but after the initial depression and the subsequent frenzy, she had reached the right level of self-awareness to govern the vast possibilities her new stature allowed. She would not shy away from violence, but she now knew it was only one of the many means at her disposal.

She did not need to kill the journalists. The question, of course, was what to do with them. And then, it struck her. It was the first time the giant overcame the general hate she felt for crowds after she had heard them cheering the attacks on her and started looking at people with regards to the use they could have to her.

The job of journalists was to communicate to the world, and she had a message to convey. Lucia realized that she could have used the choppers anytime for what she had in mind, but somehow, having the news van readily at hand had made it easier to come to the idea. The world had been watching her for some time now, but it was time to be heard.

And so, without further thought, Lucia took a step towards the alley, unconsciously finishing three more unlucky pedestrians, and dropped to a knee, rocking her surroundings. She chuckled as the two tiny journalists got into the van. As if this was going to help them!

She reached for the Hot Wheels van, which looked about finger-length to her, and picked it up with a thumb and two fingers, taking care not to damage it too much since, after all, she needed it working for what she had in mind. Setting the little toy into her free palm, with room enough to spare in all sides, she raised it to face level. She was soon looking through the windshield and to its two tiny occupants.

They were obviously shocked, like most people she crossed her path with. With her enhanced sight, she could also identify the usual mix of fear and admiration in the man behind the wheel. There was something else about the young woman sitting by him.

“Curious!” Lucia thought as she observed the cute little thing. She had to be younger than her, barely an adult, and she was obviously good looking in a girl next door type of way. Along with her pale skin, light brown hair and blue eyes, she made a nice contrast with Lucia’s own centerfold looks.

“Do as I say, and you’ll make it out of this in one piece,” Lucia addressed them in a calm tone that was very threatening nonetheless. The change in the tiny people’s expressions told her that she had been understood.

“Honk once if you can get a live connection,” she then said.

Lucia’s lips curled into a smile when the single honk came barely a second later. Still looking through the windshield, she had seen the little woman moving her hand to the steering wheel to push the horn in front of the man’s lack of reaction.

“Good!” Lucia said, feeling increasingly happy about her idea and how it was panning out. “Let me find a convenient spot, then!”

Lucia stood up gracefully, taking care of keeping the news van level in her palm. She soon found out about one of the problems with her new size. She was so large that there was no obvious choice nearby for what she wanted. She finally identified a potentially suitable candidate building some six blocks away. She knew that once she really got into Downtown some of the steel and glass behemoths there would tower over her, but in the section of the city she was standing in, nothing really made it much higher than her world-class ass.

The building she had spied clearly stood out from its peers. From the distance, Lucia guessed that it was some ten or twelve stories taller than its tallest neighbors, which she thought would be enough.

Her attention was divided between her destination and the van she was holding in her hand, so she barely paid any heed to the lives she snuffed under her feet as she walked four blocks down Jackson before making a left in a narrower street that would take her closer to her destination. Her hips started brushing with the buildings on both sides of the road, sending large chunks of their façades raining down the street as she advanced; Lucia had to stop the natural swagger she had been putting in her walk ever since she had regained her confidence and started walking much more like a tightrope walker as she faced the first real difficulty to fit derived from being much larger than the city had been designed to withstand. She was not able to stay careful during the entire three blocks she had to move down this street, so quite unavoidably a couple more buildings ended up suffering the consequences of her stroll, but she reached a wider intersection soon enough, freeing her from the flimsy concrete prison she had felt constrained in.

Lucia rolled her eyes when she saw that the new avenue she had to take was even more crowded than Jackson. She quickly reasoned that the people in there had not been expecting her, which was the case. After all, it was very hard to predict where a woman of her dimensions and speed of movements could show up. Of course, she did not mind and just resumed her advance. She was beyond the point where the number of lives she took mattered.

She was in front of her target destination soon enough. Her heart filled with glee when she saw that her estimation had been correct and that the building’s height would serve her purposes. The high-rise, which offered a wide and flat roof, reached right under her massive breasts, a perfect height for what she had in mind.

Picking the van up with three fingers once more, she carefully set it on the roof and stooped to look back through the windshield. Her two tiny captives were startled, but fine.

“Get out. Bring your stuff. You are going to work,” she commanded naturally.

Lucia had to suppress a giggle when the door that opened first was the front passenger one. The cute little woman stepped out right after. It took the driver some more time to get out. When he did he was carrying some equipment, though.

In order to make sure that there was no confusion, Lucia pointed at the little woman with a finger that was considerably larger than the person it was trained on.

“What is your name, tiny?”

She was surprised to see that rather than feeling daunted, the woman looked up with a mix of thrill and dare. Lucia took the challenge and pushed her chest out, bringing her massive breasts over the roof and closer to her captives, dwarfing them with teats that weighted hundreds of tons each. This finally had the intimidatory effect she had been seeking in the woman. And yet, it was admirable how quickly she recovered.

“Amanda Westwood,” she finally said with a squeaky voice that she could understand perfectly well.

“Nice to meet you Amanda,” Lucia replied, almost in the tone one would use to address a baby. “I guess you already know I’m Lucia. Who would he be?” she asked the little reporter, guessing that she would be more cooperative than her friend.

“Doug,” the little woman replied promptly.

“Good! Pay attention, Amanda and Doug. I have a job for you,” Lucia said. She could see how the young reporter was immediately interested. She was genuinely curious about her, the first tiny person she had found that aside from the logical fear, looked up at her with something similar to intrigue. “I’ve decided it’s time to introduce myself to the world. You will help me do that. Do you understand?”

The little woman nodded frantically, while the man simply looked down at this equipment.

“Good. Your job is simple, really. Get a live connection. Take a good shot of me. I’ll do the talking. And, who knows, I may even make you famous,” she added with a wink.

“What will you say?” the diminutive reporter asked.

It made Lucia frown. She had never been a woman with patience for nosiness, and her tolerance had shrunk in the same proportion as her body had grown. So, she sounded less gentle when she snapped back:

“What I’ll say is my business. The only thing that should matter to you is to do what I commanded you. Can you do that?”

The reporter did not seem happy. Her eyes betrayed the fact that the thought of challenging her had crossed her mind, but she finally lowered her gaze and nodded. It suited Lucia well enough.

And then, it was only a matter of waiting while the little woman hurriedly talked to someone through her earpiece while the man set up his professional-looking camera in a tripod.

Lucia was about to lose her patience when the cute reporter announced:

“We are ready.”

“Good,” she replied. “Now, get out of my shot!”

The tiny woman reluctantly stepped away from the space between the camera and Lucia while her colleague operated the equipment. Lucia cleared her tongue and smirked before she started addressing her imaginary audience. The thought of the shock she was going to cause in the hundreds of millions of people that would see her from the comfort of their living rooms made her nipples swell.

“My name is Lucia Torres,” she said, starting with a fact she guessed most people would know by now. Anonymity was a chimera under her current circumstances. “I am 27 and, as you all know by now, I am a giant, taller than any of the buildings I have met so far.”

Lucia had not rehearsed her speech, but she knew what she wanted to say, and her confidence was at her peak.

“Yesterday I was one of you, a sorry secretary. Today, I’m better. Those of you watching me at home may think that I’m only bigger. To you, I’d suggest that you ask your fellows in Kingston’s streets. I can do stuff you cannot even dream about. And I make it feel easy. It may take some of you a bit to realize, but don’t worry, I plan on showing you.”

Lucia let the implicit threat linger for a moment before she went on, making sure that the camera was still trained on her. The look of amazement of the young reporter as she stood behind the cameraman almost made her giggle. She managed to focus and keep going, though.

“It took me a while too. I did not realize about how amazing what had happened to me was, at first. I was even begging that I could get back to normal. You should have taken your chance while I was being foolish. Cause I’m not foolish anymore!”

Once again, Lucia stopped just for long enough for people to understand what she meant.

“I tried to work with you, I tried to work what happened to me out. All I got were several attempts on my life while all of you cheered in hatred. I’m here to tell you that I got it. You want me dead. But you’ll need to do much better if you want to prevail. So far, you barely managed to scratch me. You did piss me off, though. And now, you are paying the consequences of that!”

Lucia had never known that she had a talent for suspense, but the way her casual speech was building up she was making her audience’s heart rate keep accelerating.

“The gloves are off, and let me tell you, I can hit really hard!” she said. “So, my message to you is this: the time for self-restraint is over! I was blessed with this size, and I will use it. I will try my power out. I will explore the world from my new vantage point of view. It would be a waste if I didn’t. Of course, many of you will die as I do so. And you know what? I don’t give a fuck. After all, you are helpless to stop me! Wanna try? I dare you to!”

She was happy with how it had come out. If anything, she wondered how many in her audience had wet their pants as she finished her address. Lucia was pleased that she had had the idea to use the press. She felt good about having got her rage at how she had been treated early on off her chest. And she was convinced that her words, angry for the most part, would help her in her new objective of transcending her own life, which was likely to be short.

She was about to turn to resume her trek towards Downtown when she was surprised by a squeaky voice that was starting to become familiar.

“So, Miss Torres, are the allegations about you causing hundreds of deaths already true?”

It took Lucia a second to understand that Amanda, the tiny journalist, was trying to interview her. She was debating between scolding her or ignoring her when a voice in the back of her head told Lucia that she had nothing to lose. So, she just chuckled and smirked at the tiny woman.

“Haven’t you been listening to anything I said?” she replied with a shrug, trying to sound cool.

“How could you?”

Lucia did not like her actions being questioned, so she frowned in response, causing an immediate reaction in the reporter and the cameraman. Still, once she had got into the little woman’s game, she decided to go on.

“How? Well, that was the easy part,” she snapped back.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Doug felt his legs shiver as he kept shooting the giant Lucia Torres while she threatened the world. Besides her proportions, there was something about her that gave him the chills.  Once her size and obvious gorgeousness had sunk in, Doug felt the giant’s inner self showing up as he tried to follow her speech through his camera’s objective. And it scared the hell out of him.

Listening to her as she addressed the world through the lens of his camera, and feeling her presence way closer than any of the viewers at home could, Doug understood that Lucia Torres was not a mindless monster but a smart woman. But she was also a woman with a deep resentment towards humanity and a woman that had nothing to lose. Combined with her newfound power, this made her terrifying.

Like everyone else, Doug understood that the woman justified her change in attitude in the attacks on her and the reaction of the people to them. There had been plenty of discussion in the media about the appropriateness of the police’s attempt on the giantess, so he guessed that her words would now reignite the debate big time. But somehow, he sensed that this was not all there was behind her rampage. There was something else, a deeper rancor that had been roused by her growth and the attempt to kill her.

He could feel a deeply rooted frustration, a wounded ego finally making it to the surface, boosted by the wondrous power she had been given. And he understood that while the giantess seemed to keep her mental ability intact, reasoning with her was pointless.

Doug’s legs threatened to stop holding his weight by the time the giant woman finished her vindictive speech. And then, right when he was secretly wishing for her to turn and leave them alone as she had promised, Amanda asked her a question.

Doug’s heart stopped as he heard his partner’s query. His eyes had never left the objective, so he could see the surprise in the giantess’ expression, as well as the pondering on how to react to Amanda’s insolence. He felt some relief when the giant chuckled, even if only partial. Her expression softened and, to his surprise, she answered the question. Two answers later he was more convinced than ever about Miss Torres’ total lack of empathy.

Doug then risked a look over his shoulder to see Amanda taking a step to the front, obviously encouraged by the giant’s response. He made sure to focus back on his work, which was no other than to guarantee that the world got as good a shot of the recently labelled Monster of Kingston as possible. This meant opening the frame as much as he could, getting her bare and voluptuous chest as well as her towering face. Quite ironically, Doug had been waiting for some instruction from the central studios through his earpiece asking him to close the frame and hide the woman’s bare nipples. It never came, the exceptionality of the situation having superseded any considerations about morals.

He could feel Amanda’s growing excitement in her voice and her body language. Doug wanted to forget about his camera and stop Amanda in her tracks, to tell her that nothing was worth risking her life. It would have been pointless, of course. He knew her type. She was in front of her chance to become someone in the world of journalism, and he knew that was all she could see.

“You are talking about human lives!” Amanda protested in her cross-examination. Doug saw Lucia Torres arching an eyebrow and realized that she might have agreed to answer Amanda’s questions, but this did not mean that she was taking them well. And while, in general, making the interviewee uncomfortable could be a sign of a good interview, Doug was sure the last thing he wanted was an upset Miss Torres.

“You think I don’t know?” the giant replied in a deep voice that made his bones rattle. Her tone was as cold as her expression. “I just don’t give a damn!” her next words dropped like a bomb.

Even Amanda was shocked at the answer and needed some time to react. Doug wished really hard that she would let go. She did not. But at least, she changed the line of questioning.

“What are your intentions?”

It had been a smart move, he thought, even if he was not sure Amanda had done it on purpose. The giant woman’s intentions had been one of the central topics of debate ever since she had made the news. Miss Torres’ face relaxed visibly, and Doug was certainly thankful for that.

“Well, I thought I had been clear, but let me spell it out for you,” the booming yet still feminine voice of the giantess came back as she even allowed a trace of a smile to form in her lips. “Becoming a giant has been a blessing, and my intention is to make the most out of it. I will use this power that has been given to me without restraint. I will right many wrongs. I will explore. I will make changes. You can be sure I will leave my mark in the world.”

“What would you say to those that call you a monster?” Amanda then asked, making Doug’s hear rate accelerate again when he realized that his partner was not going to give up.

The giant scowled again. Her voice did not leave any doubts to how she had taken the question when she replied.

“I would tell them that they are welcome to come and say it to my face,” Miss Torres said in an icy tone.

Then, a shadow spooked Doug. He realized soon enough what it was. The woman’s hand, which dwarfed both of them with ease, moved up and then towards Amanda. She screamed first and tried to move afterwards. It was too late. Fingers which had to be as long as their van unfolded and reached out for his young partner. She barely had time to turn when the woman’s massive index blocked her way, only for her thumb to come from behind and pinch her between vast fingertips.

Amanda’s scream was blood-chilling as her cute little figure was raised between the massive pillars of tanned flesh, her own pale skin visibly contrasting. Doug’s first instinct was to turn and flee. He felt ashamed of that, but even if he did not leave, Doug did not take the righteous path of trying to help his partner either. He told himself that it would have been no use. But in reality, a voice inside him pushed Doug to keep doing his job and to keep showing the world what was happening, even if what was happening was that the young woman he had worked with over the last couple of years was in extreme danger.

Miss Torres held Amanda in front of her window-sized eyes, inspecting her with a mix of disdain and curiosity. Then her lips parted and her thundering voice came back.

“Then, I would pick them up and I would tell them that a monster is a mindless, ugly creature, and that it’s obvious that I’m nothing like that.”

Lucia Torres’ voice could have frozen the Sahara. Her eyes were narrowed in a stare so intense that for moments it felt as if she were going to kill Amanda just with it.

“I would tell them that I’m a beautiful woman that has become extraordinarily big and extraordinarily powerful. A woman who can now do as she pleases. A woman who expects each and every of her commands to be followed. And then I would tell them that I’m a no-nonsense giantess, someone that has learned that self-restraint is pointless.”

Doug wanted to cry out, to let the anguish he felt inside him out. And still, he could only keep filming the scene. The woman went on, her anger now filtering through every pore of his skin.

“I will crush anyone who does not follow my orders. I will crush anyone who stands in my way, literally or figuratively. I will crush anyone who wrongs me or who wronged me in the past. I will crush anyone I simply dislike. And I will crush anyone who annoys me with stupid questions!”

Amanda’s screams could not be heard over the loud rumble of Miss Torres’ voice. And then, as Doug zoomed into his colleague, still trapped between the massive fingertips, the giant’s voice died and he heard the last and blood-freezing shriek of the woman he worked with. Right after, the giant’s fingers came together in a swift gesture, barely slowing down as Amanda’s body burst in a crimson splash.

“Noooo!” Doug finally screamed, getting Miss Torres’ attention and finally emptying his bladder.

She moved her eyes from him to her soiled fingertips and then back to him. Pointing at him with a red finger, she asked:

“Is that thing still on?”

Of course, she was referring to the camera. Doug promptly nodded, making the woman smirk. He knew he had to leave, but his legs felt paralyzed. Instead, he could just look up at the creature that had just killed the cute young woman he worked with, a woman he had secretly fancied.

“You will find my actions whimsical. They certainly are. Hopefully you will now understand the meaning of true power. Life has been hard on me. It’s time for some reckoning!”

The same fingers that had snuffed Amanda’s life in an instant closed into a fist and Doug realized that this was the end. Even then, he could not get his legs to respond. Lucia Torres’ first hit down like a meteor, vaporizing him at touch, only an instant before breaking through the flimsy roof and the top ten floors of the building. Piles of debris rained into the street below, including dozens of victims of her whim between the rubble. The only consideration Lucia made was that it was a miracle that the rest of the building was still standing.




*************************************
Author's note

As I mentioned last week with Chapter 8, I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 

So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: https://www.gumroad.com/l/vuVni

To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks! 

 

Chapter 10 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 10

 

The building where she had done her impromptu press conference was now level with its neighbors, after Lucia’s fist had brought its top third down immediately after crushing the cameraman. She was vaguely aware that this meant that the tiny fucker had probably been joined by dozens of invisible victims, but she could not care less. Not anymore.

It was time to get back on the move. She just turned to see that her usual following of news helicopters was still there, even if she had just slayed one of their own. It had just felt like the right thing to do. Lucia had initially been curious about the young, cute woman. She had liked her boldness, until she had started to get fed up with it. Being insulted had made it for her, especially when she realized that the tiny hackette was trying to make herself a name at Lucia’s expense. And then, she realized that she did not have to put up with it. She did not have to take shit from anyone anymore.

She reflected for an instant whether killing the little reporter would have any negative side effects. She thought she may need to use the press again in the future, and having smeared one of their own would probably not encourage others to try their luck. And then, she just chuckled when she realized it made no difference. She was beyond the point where anyone would like her or do anything willingly for her. And yet, never before in her life she had been in a better position to get everything she wanted.

This would be no different with journalists. If she wanted to talk to them again or to have them broadcast her words, she did not need willingness. She just had to force them.

Lucia had adapted remarkably well to her new size, but one of the aspects she was struggling with was the abrupt change of mental frame it represented. More often than not, she defaulted to thinking in the same terms she had when she was a normal woman. So, despite the considerably violence she had engaged in, she still caught herself thinking about how her actions would be seen by others or how they would affect future relationships or needs.

Of course, it was pointless. Lucia had already learned that being the size of a skyscraper had changed the way she would be perceived forever. People would fear her, reject her and abhor her. Nothing she could do would change that. Her first hours as a giant had proven her as much. Trying to change that perception was plain stupid. Especially because she did not need to. She was not one of them anymore. Their opinion on her did not matter anymore. And being feared was not a bad thing. For Lucia now had the power to prevail only by herself. She did not need others. And minding them only slowed her down.

She realized she needed to apply this new vision more consistently. Her place was above, unconcerned by the thoughts of others, unconcerned by their morals. She made her own morals now.

Almost as a reinforcement of that idea, Lucia let her foot hover over the laggards of the first small mob she had crossed with after starting her random trek back towards Downtown. She smirked as she slowly set it down, not even making an effort before snuffing a score of lives and leaving her deep signature on the asphalt. Her left foot soon followed, wiping out another group of unlucky bastards just before she widened her stance and placed her hands on her hips, pushing her chest out in pride as she inspected the road ahead.

Her toes towered over some of the stragglers in the crowd as Lucia stopped and took yet another look to her new world. One thing that did not cease to surprise her was how the only reaction most people seemed to have to her presence was to run away from her down the road. As if they were going to outrun her! Of course, one of the obvious advantages of Lucia’s new size was her ability to move dozens of times faster than anyone else, up to the point where crossing across a city as vast as Kingston looked like a mere stroll to her. With that being the case, what was the point on trying to beat her by running? From her vantage point of view, Lucia would have found way more logical that people would try to move to the side streets or inside the buildings. Of course, she could always change her route or bring a building down, but this was not what she was typically doing.

It was not as if she minded, of course. By now, feeling people pop under her soles as she advanced had become as familiar as the sensation of walking on wet beach sand the soft asphalt offered as she set her feet on it.

Not moving her hands from her hips, Lucia looked a bit further into the crowd and curled her lips into a smile as she got yet another proof that her size was not her only enhancement. Her eyes zoomed in and gave her way more detail about the individual people at a relatively large distance than they should have had the right to. This new ability would certainly prove useful to find Carl, she thought. And then, her mind wandered to her ex. Her nipples swelled as she imagined his tiny figure in her palm, curled like a scared child as she observed her from above.

Lucia tried to imagine what she would do to him and caught herself day dreaming of dozens of ways to use her size that she had not even thought about before. None of them were gentle. One thing was clear in her mind: he would suffer. Just killing him would not do it. Her body count was probably well into the four figures and what most of the people on it had done was to be in her path. Carl deserved special attention. And he would get it.

Looking back at their relationship and his betrayal, Lucia could now see that he had abused her. He had cheated her, taken advantage of her weakness to deceive her first and mock her later. He had hurt her, and so, she would hurt him. And there was no fucking reason she should be proportional in her revenge.

She was about to resume her walk when a voice in the back of her head told her that in order to get retribution, she would first need to find her ex, though. Her plan so far had been quite simplistic: get to the fire station where he worked and rip the roof off with the hopes of finding him inside. The same voice told her that this plan was not very likely to succeed.

An hour ago, Lucia would have not given a damn about the thought. She would have just stomped her way to where she thought Carl would be and tried her luck. She was not the same woman, though. Now much more aware of her new self, Lucia had calmed down considerably and was interpreting the world through a much cooler mind. And even if what most people saw in her was a big-boobed secretary and associated that to lack of smarts, Lucia was far from dumb. And now, with her confidence at her peak, her cunning started working.

Looking back at the crowd directly ahead of her from a more general point of view, Lucia estimated that it had to be a few hundred people strong. Probably over a thousand. And it did not even look that packed. Her short trek across the city had already taught her that the street she was standing on was probably very representative of the average street in Kingston, right now. She did not need to be a genius to reach the conclusion: there would be hundreds of thousands of people around. Millions more inside the buildings. And she needed one of them. It would be harder than finding a needle in a haystack.

This would not be the case, of course, if she could narrow down the area where Carl would be. With her strength and her reach, if she managed to find him, there was no way on Earth he would be able to escape. This had been, of course, her intention when heading towards the fire station. But no longer in a frenzy, Lucia could not fool herself. The chances of finding him there were close to zero.

To start with, Carl was a fireman. He had been called because the city had an emergency, an emergency with a woman’s name. Considering how much she had fucked the city so far despite not having actively intended to, chances were that he had been sent somewhere with his mates, and there was no way to know where.

Of course, there was also the fact that she was hardly a surprise for the city anymore. The sun was right over her head, which told her that the morning was reaching its end and that she had already roamed the city in her new size for quite some time. There was no way Carl would not know about her by now. And if he had seen her actions and, especially, listened to her words, the last thing he would do would be to wait for her.

Lucia cursed, trying to find a way out, but realized that there was no point in wishful thinking. For all her power, discretion was not amongst her new abilities. The possibility of not being able to find Carl started to feel frighteningly real in her mind; her fists clenched until her knuckles went white and she narrowed her eyes as she tried to find alternatives.

The first one that came to mind was reminiscent of what she had already done to get the first person that had shot at her, in what felt like ages ago. The idea was to find some other journalist and make another statement. This time she would demand for Carl to be delivered to her. Otherwise she would set her mind into causing death and destruction in a way that would make her actions so far like child play.

It was not a bad idea, she reasoned. She was tempted to try it. She realized it was risky by the time she was already looking for someone to convey her message. If Carl was at large, which he probably was, he would flee the moment he heard her announce her intentions publicly.

Her fists clenched again, trying to find another option. She could not think of any. And then, as she scanned her surroundings without too much purpose, her eyes set on a dark ribbon that was very familiar and that stood just half a dozen blocks away and she figured it all out.

I-377 had been a permanent part of her life almost since the moment she had moved into Kingston. With up to five lanes on each direction, it crossed Kingston from North to South and linked Downtown with the different office parks in the outskirts, something that ensured traffic would be bad at almost any time of the day.

Her first apartment after Richard dumped her had been right over the highway, the intense noise of traffic at any time of day having become a permanent soundtrack to her life. She had progressed since then, moving a few blocks farther away from it, but there was no way for her to afford any apartment closer to Downtown, so she had ended up living in the outskirts, forced to endure the heavy traffic northward and southward every day. Quite ironically, all her employments had ended up being around the massive tarmac ribbon, from her first jobs as a store clerk in the Riverside Mall to her initial attempts as a secretary in short-lasting, very underpaid positions to her evolution to what felt like her career ceiling as an executive assistant at BioChem.

Her eyes stopped in a specific office park, the one where she had had her first real job once Richard abandoned her and she had to earn money to make a living for the first time in her life. It was a shitty job, like the majority she had had. She had worked as a receptionist in a small insurance company, welcoming customers, picking up the phone and making coffee. She had not been in a position to choose, back then, so it took her a couple of months to realize how low of a job she had landed. The office was open for long hours and she was expected to be in the front desk at all times, so she ended up spending most of the day in there in exchange for a miserable salary. She realized about how shitty the atmosphere was after having worked in a couple more places afterwards. The managers and sales reps were incredibly arrogant and even the three secretaries working for the directors looked at her over their shoulders. There was only one reason she was not completely ignored, and she found out about it when one of the sales managers suggested her that it would not be bad if she unfastened another button of her blouse while working.

No one in the office even whispered a kind word to her when she was fired six months later. They never gave her a reason but found out afterwards that her sharp answer to a customer that had tried to be too witty had not been approved. Lucia had started working as a clerk in a shopping mall shortly after and had quickly forgotten about Eternal Insurance, but every now and then, memories spiked in her mind as she drove past the office park and the offending building greeted her.

“It will do,” she muttered as her lips curled into a smirk. Eternal Insurance would have been low in her retribution list, but it was readily available, and, in any case, it was better than any other place without a personal history.

So, removing her hands from her hips, Lucia took two steps and made a right into the next intersection she found, finding a straight and clear path towards her objective, the highway. With no more obstacle than the occasional straggler and several abandoned cars that crushed nicely under her soles, she swaggered along the six city blocks until she reached the elevated platform of the highway.

The relative calm of the last few minutes ended as soon as she stood by the ankle-high freeway. There was no doubt that she had been seen, and it had probably been a while ago. Cars were still crashing into each other at hearing distance as the traffic gradually collapsed into an impassable pile of massed vehicles. Lucia just stood by the interstate, chuckling as she observed the ripple effect of her mere presence extending farther into both directions of the city’s main artery.

And then, without further word, she raised her right leg and stretched it as far as she could, planting beyond the outermost lane of the highway, effectively straddling the ten lanes of I-377 and trapping dozens of cars under her neatly trimmed Brazilian strip. Placing her hands on her hips and pushing her chest out, Lucia giggled as she thought of herself as the famous 50s poster.

Car doors started opening as dozens of trapped drivers joined their comrades on foot in a desperate attempt at putting some distance between them and the giant, running without too much purpose along the narrow aisles between packed vehicles. Lucia could not prevent enjoying the sight, with hundreds of people caught under her womanhood, which was getting moist as a result of it all.

“Are you in a hurry?” Lucia mocked from above, feeling more and more comfortable in her role as a rampaging titaness.

People kept running as she smiled at them from the heights, thoroughly enjoying her impact on the world. And then, a reflection a few hundred feet ahead caught her eye and her smirk widened when she identified the tanker truck. It would make things so much easier!

There was something she had to do before, though.

“You guys made quite a mess!” she mocked again. “It’s good that I don’t really need a highway to move around!”

Lucia removed her hands from her hips as soon as she finished the sentence. Dozens in the highway saw in terror as she raised her right foot as high as she could, but there was nothing they could do to stop her. The world shook as her foot stomped down. Lucia had not held anything back, and the results confirmed it. Her sole easily tore through people, cars, highway and a couple dozen feet of compacted ground, sending a wave of destruction down the road and fucking up I-377 for good.

There had not been too much thought involved in the act, only the impulse she had felt at doing it combined with a vague notion that messing up with people’s mobility worked in her favor. After all, traffic would not stop her, but there were many people she intended to visit in her new superlative condition and the less they could move the easier it would be.

The crowd was still recovering, with some of its members unsuccessfully trying to free themselves from the chunks of tarmac and concrete that were threatening to bury them, but Lucia was already on the move, now having crossed to the far side of the highway, walking along the lanes that headed deeper into downtown. She stopped just a few steps later.

Those still on foot reacted in fear as the giant’s body dropped on them, casting a threatening shadow as her colossal figure crouched over them. And then, her limitless arm reached out and fingers as long as the lampposts that lit the interstate closed around the shiny silver metal of the tanker truck she had been looking for and which was just a tad longer than her vast hand.

Lucia stood back up holding her prized catch in hand, mostly ignoring those that had been around it. She marveled at how even the largest vehicles people could make looked merely like toys to her now. Levelling the tanker in her hand, she peeked through the windows of its cabin but, much as expected, the driver had long fled the semi.

So, with no further excuse to mess with anyone, she just ripped the cabin off, let it drop hundreds of feet into the highway and closed her fingers gently around the phallic-like barrel. Its size and shape were just too suggestive not to have ideas, especially considering how much the entire giantess scenario was turning her on, but she managed to keep her urges at bay and turned, casually walking past terrified trapped people and reaching her target destination soon enough.

Lucia did not think that anyone at the office park would recognize her as the young receptionist that had worked at Eternal Insurance some years ago. Judging from the screams, everyone recognized her as the giant woman that was terrorizing the city. It suited her well. She liked much more who she was now than who she had been, back then.

She did not rush her approach as she stepped between the buildings that marked the entrance to the office park and to the plaza in its center. Beyond it, the pile up that started in the ramp to I-377 reached all the way back to the large parking lot, effectively rendering any attempt to flee the area useless. Or mostly useless, as her window-sized brown eyes soon found a few adventurous owners of SUVs trying to climb the earth ramp of the lot in the direction of the small wood’s road, with partial success. Lucia decided that she could not have that so, without further word, she crossed the plaza and the parking lot in a casual stroll, unconcerned about the rising toll of victims.

She did not stop until she reached the spot where a few more SUVs were now lining up to imitate their colleague’s.

“I don’t think I gave anyone permission to leave,” she said calmly as some of the drivers started having second thoughts and were trying to move backwards. She never gave them the chance to, a foot that was longer than a city-bus dropping on them like a meteorite and embedding three of the vehicles and half of another into a deep footprint that had the added effect of preventing anyone else from reaching the ramp.

Another well-placed step took care of the ones that were closer to freedom and expanded the impassable trench that would make it impossible for anyone else to try to outsmart her.

With the highway and the woods’ road now inaccessible, there was no way in or out of the office park, even if a quick look from her vantage point of view told her that the hundreds of people trapped on it had not accepted it yet.

Lucia turned to take a new look at her former workplace and smirked when she saw the teeming crowds running around without too much purpose. Shadows behind the windows of the half a dozen office buildings lining both sides of the relatively wide area told her that her audience was larger than what could be seen with the naked eye.

The giantess placed her left hand on her hip as she kept holding the barrel of the tanker truck in her right, admiring once more her effect on people. A few years ago, she could have been one of them, a puny receptionist running like a headless chicken, feeling powerless and overwhelmed by life. Now, she was the one doing the overwhelming.

“Remember me?” she asked with a luring tone. She gave them a few seconds to wonder what she was talking about before she said: “I’m Lucia Torres. I used to work here.”

The six office buildings were pretty unremarkable, all of them made of a brown concrete finish and dark windows. Whoever had designed the office park had tried to make up for the lack of attractiveness of the buildings themselves with a certain grace in their arrangement. Eternal Insurance, the place where she had worked, took the top half of the furthermost building on the park, an office high-rise that Lucia remembered was eighteen stories tall and that seemed to reach more or less to crotch level. The building just before it stood about two thirds of its height and the one before was about half as tall as the one in the middle. The pattern repeated on the opposite side, but in inverse order, giving some dynamism to the entire business area.

Lucia guessed that by now some of her former co-workers at Eternal would have recognized her, but the truth was that she did not have a clue on how many would still work in there. There was no point on giving them more time to react, in any case, so Lucia was soon walking back in the way that she had come, the thousands of tons of extremely fit woman making parked cars bounce and windows rattle.

She reached her target soon enough and much like she was used already, the face it offered to her was its unfamiliar roof rather than the more recognizable façade. It was nothing that she could not solve easily. Soon, she was sitting on her haunches and stooping lightly to peek through the windows of the top floors.

Her first sight of the dozens of occupants of the high-rise was blurred by the dark glass of the windows. She solved it easily. Setting the tanker on the ground, Lucia knelt to get a more stable position and then brought her face closer to the façade, her nose brushing its concrete. From up close, the mirror effect was lost and her huge brown eyes could see those inside. Seeing the shock the proximity of her eye caused them was delightful.

The giant scanned a few windows at random, trying to identify someone known at the same time she marveled at the puniness of the people, who looked like nothing more than little Lego figures inside a dollhouse.

The finesse and focus that her scanning technique required soon started to become tedious and Lucia opted for a much simpler method. Extending a finger like a battering ram, the titaness started poking holes at random in the building’s façade, her finger easily breaking through steel, concrete and glass as if the structure had been made of crackers. A few seconds later, the building front looked like a swiss cheese and the panic inside had increased a few notches. Chuckling, Lucia bent again to take another peek and smiled at the panicked people on the other side of the ineffective façade.

Mentally choosing the floor where she had worked, she completed her work by poking her right index finger in the leftmost window and dragging it all the way to the right, breaking both inner and outer walls and ripping the entire floor open to her inquisitive gaze.

The impact of her simple gestures in the insignificant people inside were exhilarating, even more when she thought that she started recognizing some of the panicky forms running without purpose.

Lucia reached back with a finger and swept it along the floor, brushing walls, people and office furniture in her readily cupped left palm, which was waiting right outside the building. Her nipples swelled so large that they threatened with exploding as her cunt started feeling soaked. She focused on ignoring the urge once more, even if she realized that she would need to do something about it sooner rather than later. Instead, she just picked through the contents of her hand, pushing furniture out of it and leaving the half a dozen inch-tall people on their own. She used her fingertip to roll all of them so that they would be looking up at her. Her heart filled with glee when she recognized one of her former bosses, Aaron if she remembered correctly.

This was not the first time she held someone she had known from the past since her transformation. As a matter of fact, the experience with Jennifer had been very rewarding. Having the incredibly scared Aaron in her palm reminded her just how wonderful the feeling was. Being much more self-aware, Lucia understood it better, this time.

“You recognize me, don’t you?” she asked in a soft tone as she addressed the eraser-sized man.

She got her answer through the fear in his eyes. The truth was that she had not had much interaction with Aaron during her short stay at Eternal. As far as she knew, he was not the worst in the management team. But in her mind, he was as haughty and contemptuous as the rest. Lucia did not give him the time to reply before she reached out for him and picked him up between two fingers, plucking him from the rest of her catch.

Moving him aside for an instant, the giantess inspected the remaining contents of her hand and verified that she actually did not know anyone in there. For all that she knew, the five relatively young people, two men and three women, were as unlucky as she had been in landing a shitty job. Her first impulse was to just close her hand and crush them into a gory paste. After all, this was quickly becoming her standard procedure when dealing with people. They never knew how close to death they had been when she changed her mind in the last second and smiled down at them.

“Tough day?” she asked, in the same mocking tone she had been using ever since accepting her new size.

And then, she just moved her hand down and dropped them on the ground, next to her towering calf. Looking down at their startled reactions as they recovered from the drop, Lucia smiled and said:

“Truth is, I don’t give a shit about you,” she said, feeling proud about her display of fair mindedness. “This will give you a great story to tell your friends in the pub!”

They did not waste time in standing up and starting a hurried but not too effective flee. Lucia simply ignored them and focused back on the man in her fingers. Even in his tiny form, she could clearly see that he had wet himself. Lucia twitched her nose as she said:

“Disgusting!”

She was tempted to just smear him between her fingers, but then changed her mind and decided there was no reason he would have a more merciful ending than the rest of occupants of the building.

“When was the last time you were afraid?” the giant then asked.

When the man failed to reply, she simply chuckled and said:

“I remember you used to ignore me, save for the usual glances at my cleavage. At least you did not make comments about it. I guess I was too lowly for you to talk to me. Isn’t it amazing how things can change?”

The man tried to babble, but his squeaky voice was not able to produce any distinguishable words.

“I think I did not realize it well enough, back in the day, but this was where things started going south for me. And you know what? After everything I’ve gone through, I don’t feel very forgiving!”

He did not have time to reply before Lucia reached into the building and dropped him inside. He dropped into his ass but managed to stand up fast enough. Her eyes locked with his as he turned, but she did not make any attempt at picking him up again.

“It’s time to go down with the ship, Aaron!”

Lucia grabbed the tanker and stood up, using her fingernails to easily rip the metallic back open without even chipping them. The hundreds of people inside the building started screaming in a higher pitch when they smelled the easy-to-recognize fuel flowing through the cracks and openings on their high-rise as Lucia poured the contents of the tanker into it.

As soon as it was out of gas, she crushed the tanker in her hand like an empty soda can and discarded it over her shoulder. The screams inside told her that the people had guessed her intentions. She did not mind, since it was not as if they could do anything to stop her.

Bending once more, Lucia reached for a car in the parking lot. She just tossed it at the base of the building, causing the expected spark and lighting the entire structure on-fire in a matter of seconds. The agony coming from within the building came out in the form of shrieks soon enough. All they managed to produce in Lucia was an evil smirk.

 

 

End Notes:

*************************************
Author's note

As I mentioned last week with Chapter 9, I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 

So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: https://www.gumroad.com/l/vuVni

To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks!

 

Chapter 11 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 11

 

Lucia would have loved to stay and see her self-made pyre grow, but part of the plan was to leave the fire on its own for long enough for the fire department to show up, so she knew that she had to get moving. She wondered where to for an instant. The answer came by itself as soon as she set her eyes on the packed I-377 again.

Of course! How could have she forgotten about him for so long! She had just worked out a complex plan to find Carl, but Phil was a very close second in her black list. And she was merely a few miles away from BioChem and her despicable boss, nothing by her new mobility standards.

The only issue she could find with the obvious choice of going back to her former workplace and finding the slimy bastard was that it would take her away from Downtown, rather than closer to it. She quickly reached the conclusion that this should be no problem. Seeing how fucked up traffic was all the way to the center, Lucia was pretty sure that no one would be moving too far away from the city while she went on a detour. And she did not think it would take her too long to get back to downtown once she was done at BioChem.

So, without further doubts, Lucia walked past the roaring fire she had just caused and got back into the highway, looking at the trapped mass of humanity with contempt.

Her feet plowed through side streets as she strutted her way towards the outskirts. She could feel hundreds of eyes glued on her, wondering what she was going to do next. She let their imaginations go wild with fear but did not do much to justify it beyond her size as she simply advanced, swift like every time she was not interrupted. Her feet made short work of abandoned cars and other vehicles as her calves downed lampposts, traffic lights and the occasional ramp. None of this slowed her down even a bit; Lucia’s power over the normal-sized world was now overwhelming. And so, as she advanced undisturbed, with a soft summer breeze caressing her nude anatomy while the intense midday sun baked her skin into a bronze tan, Lucia let her mind wander.

She would soon be standing at BioChem, the company where she had worked the last three years. It was the place where she had found stability and a salary that had allowed her to move to a more decent apartment, even if it was still too tight when it came to make the ends meet every month. It was also the place where she had felt the most belittled in her short professional career. Despite her constant push to improve, her proven capacity to accomplish all the tasks of her job and her hard working, she had been moved from vice-president to vice-president until she had finally landed with Phil, the most loathsome human being she had crossed her path with in her professional life. His harassing had made her life miserable, but she did not remember ever having felt so hurt as the moment when she finally challenged him and realized that no one gave a damn about her. She had been working with some of those men and women for months and when the moment came, no one was willing to step up for her, to do what was right, to offer some support. And in that moment, she realized that she had been an object, not only to Phil but also to everyone else. The blow had been so hard that she had not been sure she would stand back up.

How things had changed! She was not the same weak woman they all had laughed about anymore. And they would soon notice!

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Rudolph Lang had seen plenty of things in his life. But he was still having trouble to come to terms with the images the large screen-wall in his office was offering him. Stahl was having similar issues as he sat next to him in the large couch. They were about to comment Miss Torres’ latest attack into an office building a few miles down the highway when Malcom Green opened the door without knocking and announced:

“He got away!”

“Who got away?” Lang asked.

“Phil Bower,” the Chief of Security said, narrowing his eyes.

So, the fucking rat had become so afraid about his former secretary that he had decided to flee. Lang almost chuckled. He really despised the man. For all he knew, Lucia Torres was terrorizing the city because of his fault. Stahl might have been the one to administer her the GC-226 drug sample, and Lang might have been the one sanctioning the practice, but everything would have remained under control if the stupid moron that was now afraid that the giant woman would come looking for him had not harassed her up to the point where he had been forced to fire her.

“Should we go after him? He cannot be far,” Green said. They all knew traffic was a nightmare, so Bower was likely stuck nearby.

Lang wanted to say ‘Yes’, to send Green’s men to find Bower and to drag him all the way to his office, but it would serve no purpose. Phil Bower was essentially useless now. The only reason he had kept him was because he was their best chance at bringing Miss Torres back when there had still been time to do something about the effects of the drug on her. But at this point, having Phil around was pointless.

“Let him go,” Lang said, waving a hand in dismissal.

He then turned to the screen and saw that the giant was leaving the office park she had just bullied and was walking back to the highway. What she did once she got there caught the three men in the office by surprise. Lang quickly looked at Green and once he saw his reaction, he knew they were in trouble.

So far, Lucia Torres had kept a slow but steady advance towards Downtown. There were even images of her stating her intention to get to the beach once she got there. Seeing her turn north and start walking away from the city was completely unexpected. The fact that her actions had not been expected did not mean that they could not understand what she was doing. Everyone in the office knew that if she kept her current direction, Miss Torres would soon be coming to them. And no one could think of any reason for her to change her trajectory other than visiting her former workplace.

“Get the chopper ready,” Lang asked Green in a soft but steady voice

“Right away,” the Chief of Security said, getting out.

There were a few seconds of silence. The screen kept showing the giant Lucia Torres dwarfing her surroundings as she moved north along the highway. She seemed to be far away, but Lang knew that distances were deceiving with her current stature. He could not help but admiring the woman’s nude figure. Phil Bower was an asshole, but he could see why, of all women in the office, he had chosen Miss Torres to harass.

“How the fuck could this happen?” he finally asked. This was, after all, the reason he had called Stahl in his office.

“We do not understand,” the scientist said. His tone suggested there was a deep frustration buried in the statement.

“How can a performance enhancement drug can cause this?” Lang insisted, pointing at the giantess on the screen.

“Our theory is that the cell regeneration process got out of control. We have no clue about the conditions that could have caused it, but my team believes that the extra dose of the drug brought it to a point of instability and when the host was forced into extreme psychological and physical stress, it reacted in an uncontrolled way, replicating cells without apparent limit and making them ready to sustain the host at an increased size at the same time. Essentially, the team believes that GC-226 has found the way to abruptly and radically modify an individual based on a certain extreme input.”

Lang processed the words. There was silence again.

“How do we fix it?” Lang asked.

“We don’t know,” Stahl replied, shrugging.

“You need to know!” Lang came back, raising his voice even if his tone was still cold.

“We need time. We need data. We need samples. And we have none of the three,” Stahl replied.

“How do we kill her, then?” Lang asked.

“I don’t know either.”

Lang’s phone interrupted the conversation, ringing despite he had set it on mute. The screen indicated an unknown source. He was tempted not to reply, but he did not have the chance to choose when the phone’s loudspeaker suddenly activated, and a very angry voice came through it.

“You don’t get to not pick the phone up, Rudolph!”

He recognized the voice immediately. Judging by how upset it sounded, Rudolph Lang doubted his generous contributions to the man’s campaign would make a difference. He switched the speaker off and brought the phone to his ear.

“Hello, Terrence,” he replied in the most unsure tone Stahl had ever heard in the man. Of course, being called by the Secretary of Defense was not ordinary, even for a man like Rudolph Lang.

“I do not have time, so listen to me carefully. I know you are behind this. And before you deny it, we all know about your singular testing practices. You will help us clean this mess and then, you will turn all you research over to us. How many years you spend in jail or how much money we let you keep once all this is over will depend on how much more of a mess that damned secretary of yours makes before we bring her down. We have four choppers heading your way. You’ll make sure every resource, human or material, that we may need to get out of this gets loaded in them. And that includes you. Try to escape and there will be no hole on Earth where you will be able to hide from me!”

Lang was about to reply when the line died.

He breathed in hard, letting the change in scenery sink in. He had been fucked before. He was royally screwed now. There was no point denying the truth, in any case, so turning towards Stahl, he whispered:

“We are leaving. Gather anyone from your team that you think is necessary to make progress in this investigation. Make sure any samples or exclusive equipment gets packed right away. And, if you don’t want to get your ass in jail for the rest of times, you better start thinking on a way to counter the drug on Miss Torres or to bring her down.”

Stahl remained motionless as he finished his instructions. Arching an eyebrow, Lang said:

“Go!”

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

As Lucia headed north with the bright Sun right over her head, she realized that she had been mindlessly moving towards Downtown even after her cathartic encounter with the cops. Her original intention had been to get there and wait at the beach, where she had reasoned she would have an easier time not making a mess than in the middle of the suburbs. Of course, the Lucia that had made that decision had been a different woman. She had already been a skyscraper of flesh by then, but she was not yet behaving like one. Not having understood her new nature and strength, the old Lucia had had the power of a God trapped in the consciousness of a small woman. She had nothing to do with that sorry person anymore, though, and the main proof was that she had changed her destination from a beach where she would go unnoticed to a place she fully intended to wreck.

She had been around already for a while, but people did not seem to be learning how to deal with her presence yet. From her vantage point of view, people still scurried around without too much sense when she approached, the entire situation ending up with many more of them being on her way than necessary. It was not as if Lucia minded. By now, she was already above stepping anyone on her path, and it was not as if they were slowing her down. The area was not so crowded as some of the ones she had visited before, in any case, so the consequences of her walk north were less of a massacre than some of her previous strolls.

And it would remain like this unless she chose to step into the highway, which was as packed as Lucia had ever seen, even for the nefarious I-377. She smirked evilly as she observed the thousands of people trapped at her toes, merely a step over the guardrails away from being flattened by her walk. She was tempted to cross, but she kept on the side streets for a while, enjoying the hesitation of those that looked up at her like some sort of combination of Godzilla with a Centerfold and did now know whether to stay in their vehicles or to try to flee on foot. Of course, Lucia knew that neither of both options would be of much use for them if she really chose to torture them.

She did not do it, though. Knowing that she could was as good as doing the deed itself, and Lucia reminded herself that being big did not automatically mean that she needed to crush anyone that crossed her path. Death and destruction were just means to an end, a feeling of power and freedom that made her enjoy at a level that she had not known before.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Phil Bower was having the worst day in his life, and it was not as if the day before had been easy. Thinking that his ordeal was entirely caused by a woman who had been his secretary until twenty-four hours before made him feel even more miserable. After all, Phil was as much of a classist as he was a misogynist.

Lucia Torres had been hot, one of the hottest assistants he had had in his career. Phil had loved the fact that she had not had any issues to highlight her curves with pride, either. After all, her character was almost as hot as her body. He had enjoyed this combination so much that she had not minded her temperament, at times hasher than someone in her position should show. And, up to some point, the fact that she took his advances with noticeable upset made the entire thing funnier. It was not the first time he had played this game, and Miss Torres’ reaction made it quite funnier.

Until she slapped him in front of the entire office, in the most humiliating moment Phil had ever had at work. Little did he know that this would only be the beginning of his predicament. At least, when that had happened, Phil had had the immediate reward of being able to fire her on the spot. The real trouble had started right after.

First, when a call from the CEO had let him know that his career was at stake. Phil had not yet come to terms with the fact that someone as lowly as a simple secretary could be the cause for so much trouble when things had got quite worse. Suddenly it was not about his career anymore. Now it was about his life.

Because suddenly, Lucia Torres was not a mere secretary but a gigantic woman that was terrorizing the city. And after having seen her do what she had done so far, Phil had reached the unavoidable conclusion that his life was in great danger.

Once that had happened, there had been only one logical course of action in his mind: to get as far away from Kingston as possible as soon as possible. So, he rushed to his car in the parking lot, fully aware that this meant directly disobeying the CEO’s orders, forfeiting his job at BioChem and probably any chances at getting a similar position in any other company. He did not care. Not when his former secretary was bound to visit him, turned into a towering titan.

Yes, he had been convinced it was the best way to go. The only way to go. And now he was cursing himself for having chosen it. Desperate, he blared the horn of his Porsche once again as he slammed his fists on the steering wheel in frustration. It had been more than an hour since he had left BioChem, and he was barely half a mile away from it, trapped in the worst pile up ever in the office park road.

He had experienced traffic jams before, especially when he did not manage to leave early and avoid the rush hour. Today it was very different, though. The pile-up started as far as the highway, from what he could see, and it was bad. Very bad. He had not moved an inch in more than half an hour, and any ideas he might have had at turning back and waiting for the traffic jam to clear were wishful thinking, as the four lanes of the road, two in each direction, had been turned into seven by drivers that had got creative and had tried to find space where there was none. And so, the gridlock was no longer exclusively caused by the collapse in I-377 but also by the myriad of accidents that had ensued as a result of the frustration and panic that his fellow drivers had felt.

“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!” Phil cursed once more as he punched the low ceiling of his car.

By now, the mere hope that he would be moving anytime soon was wishful thinking. He wondered whether he should just abandon his car and walk back to BioChem, but his ego soon discarded this option for him. His Porsche Cayenne was his pride and joy, and the thought of abandoning it in the middle of a road was too much. His mind got to work quickly enough to find a rational explanation to his initial reaction and concluded that should Lucia show up, being in the middle of the road could even be preferable to being in a known location like his office.

This was the last rational thought that went through his head before all hell broke loose.

Phil noticed the shakes at first, the water in the half-empty bottle he had been sipping from suddenly rippling like the famous scene in Jurassic Park. He knew it was not a dinosaur coming, though. It was something much worse, a young, nude woman the size of Godzilla and with a well-founded hatred for him.

Phil knew he had to react. Only he could not. His body was shivering, and he understood that this was as much movement as he was going to get from it. He was too shocked even to scream. It soon became evident that this was not a problem many more shared, since car doors started opening and the congested road started to fill with panicked yelling people.

And then, when Phil thought that his terror could not get any worse, she came to view over the horizon and his bladder let go, wetting himself and his treasured car.

Phil knew he was about half way to I-377, so Lucia must have been about half a mile away by the time she showed up, strutting by the highway as she looked down with evil curiosity to those trapped on it, much as if she owned the place. Phil had never seen her looking so confident but, of course, then again, Phil had never seen her holding so much power. He had never seen her on her birthday suit either, but what he saw surprised him less than her size. He had already fantasized about just how gorgeous Lucia Torres was and what he saw confirmed his wildest dreams. His former secretary boasted an almost-perfect hourglass figure with well-toned arms, legs and stomach, undoubtedly the consequence of the countless hours she spent at the gym. Her breasts did not disappoint either. Clearly oversized even for her new colossal frame, each of them must weight a few hundred tons now, yet they still held impossibly high, defying the laws of gravity, a testament to the strength of the pectoral muscles that held them. Phil had shot countless glances at them, pressing in the stretched fabric of Lucia’s tight blouses, fantasizing about how it must be to mash them in his hands.

Seeing Lucia’s relative size and guessing the distance she still was at, Phil understood her titanic scale in a way the images on TV had not been able to convey. And then, as she reached the point in the highway that lined up with the office park road, Lucia Torres turned and looked in his direction with the most unsettling smile he had ever seen in a woman.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia had been right about the distance to her former workplace. She always tried to get very early to the office to avoid the worst of traffic. When she managed to do that, the commute typically took thirty minutes. Things were quite worse on the way back. Being the asshole he was, Phil usually came up with tasks by the end of his day, ensuring that Lucia would not be able to avoid the rush hour and guaranteeing that she would drive for an hour or so in the heavy traffic.

In three years at BioChem she had never seen traffic get so bad as it was today. As a matter of fact, she did not think that the city had ever seen such horrible traffic before. She could not have cared less. The walk to the office park where the BioChem headquarters were located had taken her around five minutes, the gridlock merely serving as an entertainment for her as she advanced unhindered. And, as she reached her destination and turned to observe the place where she had worked, Lucia realized that the massive pile-up her presence had created actually served a purpose. Her lips curled into an evil smile as she saw hundreds of her former co-workers trapped on the road, unable to get away from her.

She had not realized she wanted to get here so badly until she faced the office park and felt her nipples swell to the point where they threatened to explode. Of course, she knew what was fueling the abrupt arousal. It was the same thing that had been turning her on ever since her fight with the police: the power rush. No longer shy about it, Lucia had been enjoying her newfound superiority for a while, but still, visiting places she knew made the experience so much better. It was her ego, of course, knowing that she was being watched by people who had known her previous self: co-workers, people she had met at the gym, people she might have crossed at the coffee-shop in one of her infrequent breaks. Some knew her better than others, but she knew that most people who had seen her before would remember her. It was the effect of her curves.

She imagined with deep satisfaction how someone who might have shot a passing glance at her while lining up for a cappuccino might now be looking at her in awe, she fantasied with men that had worked out harder to catch her attention at the gym dropping their jaws in shock. And, above all, she lusted with the idea that the people that had worked with her at BioChem, the rats that had turned their back on her when Phil had brought it too far, wetting their pants in fear at the sight of the woman they had belittled, now holding the power of a god.

Lucia had been anything but merciful ever since embracing her new stature, using her newfound strength to cause death and destruction when she had seen fit. Her former colleagues were not going to make her change her approach. Quite on the contrary. Her hurt pride demanded Lucia to take retribution very seriously.

Not all of them would suffer her wrath equally, though. She knew some better than others, and amongst all, there was one person she was decided to devote her full attention to. Simply crushing Phil would not suffice. Lucia’s life had been miserable in great part because of him, so he would not get out of this so easily. This, of course, would require finding him first, so she had it very clear in her mind that this was her first priority. The rest could wait.

BioChem’s campus was the largest in the office park, and also the one that was farther away from I-377. Lucia observed the hundreds of stalled cars covering every inch of the road back to her former workplace and widened her smile when she realized that many of those that had worked with her would be stuck in the impassable traffic, looking at her in terror. Or, at least, those that had not fled their cars and were running back towards their offices like bugs.

Lucia pondered whether to taunt them, to let them know that she was back and what she had in store for them. She decided against it. After all, she realized that they might already imagine what was going to happen. So, instead, the giantess lifted her right leg as high as she could and took an overexaggerated stride over the ten lanes of unmoving traffic, straddling the highway once more.

Lucia was not interested in playing an oversized version of the fifty-foot woman again, though. She was way more intrigued by the people at the office park than by those on the highway, so she just followed her initial stride with another graceful movement of her other leg and planted herself at the access road. She smirked as she looked down and just so that there would be no doubts about her intentions, she moved her right foot forward and let it cover three trapped cars. Her step was soft but deadly nonetheless, creasing the road with the usual footprint and embedding four additional victims and the three vehicles they had been in into the compacted earth.

Her smirk widened when her casual gesture was responded by an increase of the ever-present screams from those trying to flee from her on foot, as if that was going to do them any good. Lucia reminded herself not to get too excited; she had a job to do before she could indulge in a more unplanned manner. And, as she observed the road with her hands on her hips, she realized that finding Phil would not be as easy as she might have originally thought. After all, he was one in thousands of tiny people in the area, so, if he was smart enough, he could give her a hard time as she looked for him. She, on the other hand, could not enjoy the benefits of discretion. While it was one of the only downsides of her new condition, it might be an important one for a quest like the one she had at hand.

Lucia took a deep breath and tried to quiet down, letting the excitement cool down so that she could have a clearer head. Assuming he had been in the office park to start with, there were many places her former boss could be. Two were more likely than the rest, though, so it made sense to start by them.

The most logical place to start would be the BioChem campus, of course. No matter how big it was, if Phil was there he would probably be in his office. For a woman like Lucia this would hardly be a challenge, since she would only need to rip the building open at the right spot and pluck him from it.

There was the also likely possibility that he had decided to flee, though. Knowing him, she should not discard this option. The good news was that if he had opted for that path, he would surely be trapped in the pile-up. Lucia smiled as she looked down and zoomed into the cars closer to her toes, marveling once more about just how much detail she could make in them. Yeah, if Phil was down there, there was no way on Earth he would escape her.

Spying some inch-tall people getting creative and running out of the road, Lucia realized that she could not have that. She needed them on the road and in their cars, if possible. Stepping on more vehicles would not incent that behavior. Taking two steps towards a group that had jumped the guardrail and was attempting to flee in an open field, Lucia promptly aborted the evasion, snuffing a dozen more lives under her right foot.

“I did not give anyone permission to leave the road!” she thundered. She had to suppress a giggle when she saw that her words had immediate effect, stopping some people that were in the process to jump the guardrails on the other side on their tracks.

 

 *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Phil was beginning to be conscious of the stench his previous uncontrolled urination was causing. Any other day, he would have been very concerned with the effects of his pee in the Porsche’s leather seats, but his mind was now completely taken by fear.

Lucia was approaching and soon, the effect of her footsteps was not felt only in the ripples in the water. His car started shaking soon enough and with every step, the trembling became rougher and rougher.

People started running by his car by the dozen, their high-pitched screams serving as a soundtrack for the terrifying movie he was living. Phil was too paralyzed to react, so the possibility to join them as they fled deeper into the office park never really crossed his mind.

Seeing his former secretary covering the distance with the spot where he was at the speed she was doing it only managed to tie the knot around Phil’s stomach tighter, reaching the point when it threatened to break when she altered her path to purposefully step on some unlucky bastards that had tried to flee through the fields.

An instant later, a voice he knew too well filled every inch of his car. It held the same tone he had heard a hundred times when his assistant responded to some of his most unreasonable demands. Lucia Torres had been a moody woman, and he had secretly enjoyed making her mad. After all, he knew that for all her apparent strong character, she was weak, unable to do anything other than sound offended. Her voice sounded quite more threatening now, especially because it had the power of the speaker system of a Rolling Stones’ concert.

Phil had seen Lucia kill dozens of people on TV. Seeing it live, watching in disbelief as her humongous foot descended on a group of helpless people and crushed them into the soft ground without apparent effort, had an impact that the images on the screen had not been able to covey. To Phil, the thought that the woman that had worked with him for months could be capable of what he was seeing was still too unsettling, but he could not deny the truth. Especially when she was getting so close to him.

The giantess turned back towards the road as soon as she had dealt with the would-be escapees, her steps making his Porsche shake again. At some point, the tremors became so violent that his airbags went off, unexpectedly hitting and disorienting him. It took a few seconds for them to deflate. By the time they did, Phil was starting to recover his consciousness. It was when he let out an impossibly loud shriek. Lucia’s left foot was merely a few feet away from his position, planted in the soft ground, its sole clearly sinking into it as a pile of displaced earth formed by its sides.

He hyperventilated, feeling his heart pounding with such strength against his chest that he feared he would have a stroke. And then, he managed to calm himself down. Yes, Lucia was here. But he was too small. He reasoned he must look tiny to someone like his secretary, one in the middle of hundreds. Being so close to her was terrifying, but it might not be the worst news of the day. Soon she would resume her walk, and when she did, she would leave him behind. He was managing to bring his heartrate to an acceptable pace when Lucia’s foot shifted. It was not to leave the ground and take one more step, though. Instead, her massive toes flexed, indicating that the giant was crouching. He barely had time to scream before his view was blocked on all sides and the metal of his car started groaning.

“Fu…!” he started saying before an immense pull, stronger than any rollercoaster he had ridden on, cut his words and made him throw up.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia resumed her walk towards BioChem soon after she had dealt with the first attempt from the crowd at challenging her authority. She observed the fear her little act of punishment had had and smirked, unconsciously wishing for the crowd to try something else. Very few things felt better than showing them how helpless they were against her.

And then, she saw it. Lucia could not believe it at first, but her newly enhanced sight quickly focused on the object of her attention and verified, without any trace of a doubt, that the car she was looking at was Phil’s. She did not think there would be any other burgundy Porsche Cayenne in the office park, and in case there was, none would be so shiny as his. Her former boss was obsessive about washing his SUV, as with anything else related to appearance and status.

Lucia’s heart filled with glee when she realized that she was merely two steps away from meeting the object of her hatred. She wished with all her strength that Phil would be inside, saving her the tediousness of having to search for him around the office park. Deep inside, she knew someone like him would never abandon the car he had bragged about so much, even in the most extreme circumstances. It was this excitement that made her stomp a bit harder than usual as she resumed her walk towards her target, making the cars next to her bounce more visibly and setting some alarms off.

Lucia ignored the annoying high-pitched sounds as she stomped again, closing to grabbing distance with her target. People’s screams joined the noise of the alarms, but she did not care about them anymore. Her mind could only think on retribution.

Without further warning, the behemoth dropped to a knee, sending more people off their feet, and reached for the luxury SUV, covering it all with an oversized yet delicate hand. She rested the heel of her palm on the hood, closing her slender fingers around the sides and rear as if her hand were an excavator. Like every time she interacted with the flimsy world around her, the car suffered the difference in strength, the metal denting with audible groans. It worked well enough for Lucia, who smirked at the thought that Phil would enjoy her torture of the car much less.

The giantess pulled the car up towards her without restraint and once she had it at chest level started rising from her knees. She could have kept kneeling, but there was some dark pleasure at thinking that she would be holding her ex-boss at her full, awe-inspiring height. Her left hand was readily available as soon as she was back on her feet, waiting for her catch. The Cayenne was a large vehicle, but still Lucia could fit it on her palm without issues, with room to spare in all sides.

It was the moment of truth. She lifted her palm up and looked through the windshield. Lucia moaned in pleasure as soon as she spied a screaming Phil Bower moving his hands in panic, trapped behind the wheel.

“You tiny disgusting bastard!” Lucia uttered in a much stronger voice than would have been needed considering the distance. She loved his reaction, bringing his hands to his ears and stopping his screams for an instant, only to resume them a couple of seconds after she had finished.

This had to be Lucia’s best moment since she had woken up, surrounded by the ruins of a large hospital. She had loved her power and impact in the world for some time now, but it had never made as much sense as it did now, holding a person she hated with a passion in her hand, knowing that he was completely at her mercy.

The power rush was more intense than ever, her nipples instantly getting harder than diamond as she felt a warm wetness in her womanhood. Flashes of all the humiliations she had had to endure at Phil’s hands ran through her head, making Lucia scowl. She was not feeling angry or frustrated, though. Why should she, when she now held the power to right all the wrongs the nasty son of bitch had inflicted in her.

She was happy that her path was crossing with her former boss now, once she was fully aware of the power she possessed and once she had accepted its possibilities. Had she found Phil before, the creepy motherfucker might not have got all he deserved. This was not a risk now.

Without further warning or consideration, Lucia closed her palm a bit around the SUV, tightening it in place, and reached out with her right hand, charging through the passenger’s window with her thumb and easily breaking through it with its fingernail. Phil’s screams intensified, but Lucia did not get distracted. She just pinched the roof of the car from above with another finger and started pulling, easily peeling the car roofless as if it were a can of sardines. It merely took her a twist of her fingers to finish ripping the metal off once she had reached the back of the vehicle. She discarded it to the side and lifted the car once more, bringing Phil closer to her face.

Lucia exhaled softly, sending a gust of warm breath into the car and making Phil’s perspiration more acute. The effect almost made her giggle.

“Have you missed me, Phil?” she purred, smirking at the panic she was causing in the little man.

Oh, God! This had to be the best moment of her life! She had enjoyed the absolute superiority she had over the world during the morning, but while dominating thousands of unknown people certainly felt great, it could not compare with being able to project her entire power over a single, tiny person she loathed.

Seeing that Phil was not reacting beyond the continuous screams, Lucia kept teasing:

“I’m sure you have missed these!”

She then tilted the hand holding the car a bit and brought it down, right in front of her gargantuan left breast. Without further warning, Lucia slammed the top of the car into her breast, her incredibly erect nipple pressing hard on Phil’s head and body. She rubbed back and forth, grinding her former boss with one of her most outstanding features. His feeble and very unsuccessful attempts at pushing her back tickled.

Lucia enjoyed Phil’s squirming against her sensitive nipple, but did not want to kill him this way. This would be way too good and way too fast for him. Stopping, she moved the car away once more and glared down at the now bruised man from above, chuckling when she saw the effect her little game had had.

And then, the most wonderful thing happened. Phil reacted.

“Lucia please! I’m sorry. I’m a married man…” he started babbling.

She could not prevent laughing, making Phil stop mid-sentence as her laughter boomed from above.

“Oh God! I knew you were pathetic, but I was expecting a bit of self-respect at least!” she replied.

“I never hurt you!” Phil complained.

His words made Lucia frown.

“You made my life a living hell. And when you could not make it worse, then you fired me. You had power over me, and you abused it every single day. It’s time to turn the tables, don’t you think?”

She could tell that he was terrified. Still, once the man had managed to stop screaming, it seemed that he had also regained the ability to communicate.

“What will you do to me?”

Lucia chuckled.

“I will abuse my power over you. And believe me, you cannot imagine just how far it goes!”

Phil seemed to be thinking what to say next. There was no point in waiting for him, so she just reached with an oversized index finger and slid her neatly manicured fingernail between the inch-tall man and the seatbelt he was wearing. A single twist was enough to snap the belt free. She did not let him react before she turned the car upside down and shook his tiny figure in her other palm, now readily cupped to wait for him.

Of course, there was no way he would be able to fight her astronomical strength, so Phil was soon lying in Lucia’s hand. She gave him enough time to recover before she closed her other hand around the now empty shell of the Porsche Cayenne, delighting in his reaction as she turned his pride and joy into a pile of junk the size of a refrigerator. Smirking at him as she finished, Lucia soon tossed the remainders of the car over her shoulder and focused back on the tiny man lying in the middle of her hand like a tic tac.

“Please, don’t kill me!” Phil sobbed. He was now crying. God, could he get any lower?

The truth was that, having reached this point, Lucia had not yet decided what to do with the man. She knew she would not simply crush him or drop him to the ground. This would be way too quick and painless for someone like Phil Bower. She might not be able to make him suffer for months, like he had done with her, but she would certainly not let him get out of the situation quickly.

Feeling mean, Lucia narrowed her eyes and replied to Phil in an icy voice

“Of course I won’t kill you,” she said. She had to suppress laugh when she saw a hopeful expression in his face. “But believe me, by the time I’m done with you, you will wish I would have!”

The abrupt change in his visage was too good, making her nipples swell again. Her wetness was back and for an instant she was tempted to just stick Phil into her cunt. She stopped herself from doing so once more, though. For some reason, she had mentally reserved the place to Carl, and she intended to fulfill her plan. The idea came then straight to her mind. It was wicked. And she loved it.

“You are in for a wild ride, you little shit!” she threatened. “But don’t worry, I will give you enough time to reflect about how big of a prick you’ve been. I hope you have enough time to experience how it feels to be powerless and humiliated.”

“Lucia… Lucia please… what will you do to me?” he asked, obviously scared.

“Remember all those glances at my behind, Phil?” Lucia asked.

He was certainly taken by surprise by the question.

“I thought I would give you a different perspective,” she went on, cupping her palm to make him roll into its center and reaching out with her free hand to pinch the man by the sides with two fingers. She then lifted his diminutive figure in front of her window-sized eyes and smiled evilly. “You have always been a massive asshole. It’s time for you to meet you match!”

He tried to protest. It was to no avail. Lucia’s hand was soon moving down and back as she widened her stance a bit and pushed her ass out. Guiding herself by touch, she soon had Phil properly positioned. She then used a finger to guide him into her ass crack.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Phil was living his worst nightmare. He was certain he would die at the hands of someone he had considered a powerless stupid bimbo just twenty-four hours before, and there was nothing he could do to escape that fate. And just when he thought things could not get worse, Lucia Torres had not crushed him but had done something worse.

Phil had a second to admire the terseness of Lucia’s behind as she moved him there. She did not stop to give him the panoramic view, though. Her fingers, which were pushing him around with vicious force, moved him into the last direction he wanted to be moved: that of her anus. It soon became clear that the movement was not casual and before he could notice, a massive fingertip was guiding his battered body into the cavity, which was surprisingly tight considering how fucking huge his former secretary was.

Soon enough the fingers withdrew, and Phil found himself trapped, his arms pinned to the sides as two massive and unyielding walls of flesh pushed him into place. The pressure was not enough to crush him, but there was no way he would be able to free himself either. At least, he could breathe, even if the stench made him wish he could not, sometimes.

After a few seconds it became quiet. It was then that Phil fully understood what he was going through and started to sob. He was trapped inside a woman’s ass! The thoughts about how humiliating this was blended with those about the hopelessness of his situation. There was nothing he could to get out of this ordeal, so either Lucia took him out in order to torture him in any other way that she pleased, or he would die in there.

His thoughts were interrupted when the two walls of flesh holding him contracted and his body was viciously compressed between them, up to the point where he thought his ribcage would shatter. He was having trouble breathing, but only a few moments later the pressure went away and left him in the same ordeal he had been before.

“Oh God!” he muttered, just before the walls closed on him again, bringing him to his limit once more.

The pressure released again when he was close to losing his consciousness, so it took him some time to react once he could breathe again. He cried out in frustration, the feeling only getting worse when he realized that the sound was probably not leaving the confines of her ass. And then, he felt more than heard a rippling sound that transmitted through her skin. He felt rage when he realized what it was: giggling. She was doing it on purpose!

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Oh, yes! She was going to enjoy having Phil stuck into her ass. And it was not because of the physical stimulation. It was there, but it was not nearly enough to cause any serious excitement. The situation was way different at an intellectual level, though. The knowledge that she had a full-grown man inside her ass was incredibly arousing, and knowing that this man was Phil Bower, the most despicable person she had met in her short professional career, made it orders of magnitude better. Lucia could not have felt prouder about her idea. She knew it was mischievous, and this made it even better.

She used the first few moments after removing her fingers from her behind to feel her tiny ex-boss in there. It was amazing how, despite his diminutiveness, she could easily perceive his presence and notice his every movement. She was drunk into the sensation for some time, but she soon felt naughty. She realized a bit too late that tightening her ass might end up killing the man earlier than she had anticipated, but the idea had been too appealing to let it go. Still, she was happy when she released her ass cheeks and noticed that Phil was still moving. She could only imagine how battered he must have been, but he had been resilient enough to survive. Encouraged by the finding, Lucia tightened her ass again, torturing the man a bit more. This time she held him in place longer before releasing. She could not help but giggle as she let go.

Lucia wondered what she should do with Phil, but the answer came easily to her. She would keep him in there while he lasted. And if he lasted enough, she might think on something else for him. She was not positive he would be able to hold the ordeal for too long, though.

Knowing that every second that passed would be another second of suffering for her ex-boss exhilarated her beyond anything she would have thought possible. Lucia had always been strong headed, but she would have never thought of herself as especially cruel or vindictive before her growth. She knew this had changed, though. She did not feel bad at all about it, in any case. They had brought her to the breaking point and retribution felt sweeter than ever.

Encouraged by her most recent actions, Lucia placed her hands on her hips and looked deeper into the office park. She might have dealt with Phil already, but this did not mean that the rest of people in there did not deserve her attention.

“It is amazing how quickly the tables can turn, isn’t it?” Lucia’s voice boomed, the power of her lungs bringing it to every corner of the office park. “Yesterday, you ignored me, save for the occasional lewd glance or comment. You looked down on me. You treated me like disposable goods. And when the time came to stand for what was right, you turned your back on me. It’s time for you to get repaid in kind. I’ll show you the same type of empathy and consideration you had for me!” she threatened.

Down at her feet, more and more cars flew open, increasing the stream of fleeing pedestrians.

“You look like insects from up here!” Lucia then boomed. “Prepare to get treated like that!”

She did not give them any time to react. Her right foot descended into the road before anyone could process her words, landing perpendicular to it and crushing four cars as it dug a wide and impassable trench. She did not wait before gyrating her hips and stepping with her left foot on the road, now facing it in the direction of the BioChem building.

Lucia’s trek was slow and purposeful, each of her steps unleashing a small-scale massacre under her soles as she observed the consequences of her casual actions with a permanent smirk on her lips. Feeling both powerful and sensual, Lucia swaggered as she advanced, suddenly remembering that her usual entourage of news choppers was still around and reporting her every action to the world.

She did not force any step or alter her direction. The giantess simply walked. It did not make a difference. Each of her footfalls flattened multiple cars beyond recognition and snuffed countless lives. The crowd was too packed, and Lucia was too unforgiving. Far from unsettling her, the idea that she was crushing plenty of her co-workers as she advanced sent ripples of pleasure down her spine. She knew it was wicked, but she did not care. She was way past the point where she was affected by morals.

A dozen steps and hundreds of victims later, Lucia stopped, bringing her hands to her hips once more and widening her smile as she stood by the fence that delimited the BioChem campus. Her former workplace was, by far, the largest in the office park, taking about a third of it between its five buildings and the wide space between them.

Its parking lot was as packed as she road had been but having seen her approach had already had the effect of emptying the stalled cars and sending everyone back into the buildings. Lucia observed with curiosity the last streams of people getting inside. As if this was going to help them!

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Out of all the heinous aspects of his current ordeal, the one that unsettled Phil the most was the constant movement, the slight contractions and expansions. They were constant reminders that he was inside a living being.

There was a wave of low frequency rumblings he felt through the flesh walls that were trapping him. It took Phil a while to realize that it was her voice, transmitted to him through her skin rather than the air. He could not understand a word of what she was saying, but he recognized the tone. It was not a friendly one. He felt tempted to feel sorry for everyone else out there, but the living hell he was in left little space for sympathy.

And, just when he thought things could not get worse, all hell broke loose. The back side suddenly squeezed inward and upward, then the front side, then the back again. Both sides working against each other and grinding him up in between! He was completely helpless as his body got pummeled from front and back. What on earth could Lucia be doing? Was she flexing her ass cheeks again on purpose?

There was a booming sound keeping the same rhythm as the wall's contortions. He recognized the sound. Footsteps, or rather her tremendous footsteps. She was simply walking! If this is what he had to endure just from her walking he wasn't going to make it. Thankfully, it only lasted for a few more seconds.

Then, a loud roar made him shiver in the confined space he was in. He was pretty sure she had not talked now, but the sound had definitely come from inside her, sounding like a wild beast suddenly getting unleashed. What could it be?

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Lucia was about to tease her former workmates when something she had not been expecting happened. From the reaction of the laggards still in the parking lot, it became obvious she had not been the only one to hear it, but she was probably the only one that knew where the thundering roar had come from: her stomach!

Of course, she knew what it meant. She had been ignoring it so far, but this did not mean that she did not recognize her stomach complaining. Ever since her fight with the police Lucia had blocked any thoughts about the difficulties derived from her new situation. But as her stomach had now reminded her, this did not mean that they did not exist.

It was not as if she had not had constant reminders about the obvious: she might be massive, but she was still a woman. And, as such, she had needs. Her nipples and cunt had already sent her the message several times but knowing that satisfying her arousal was optional had made her disregard the remaining implications. Now, her stomach was telling her that some stuff was even more basic than sex. She needed to eat. And she needed to drink. And this would lead to stuff what was more gross, she knew.

The question, of course, was what to do about them. Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud mechanical noise that immediately caught her attention.




*************************************
Author's note

As I mentioned these last weeks, I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 

So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: gumroad.com/l/vuVni

To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks!

 

Chapter 12 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 12

 

Rudolph Lang had heard the commotion as they were being boarded in one of the four Chinook helicopters the Secretary of Defense had sent to pick him and other key assets at BioChem up, so he knew that the giant Lucia Torres was close. And yet, he was not prepared for what he could see through the small windows of the aircraft as it cleared the main corporate building of the company he led.

The images on TV had been shocking enough, but they could not compare with the awe Miss Torres’ real presence caused. She stood, imposing, right beyond the limits of the large campus where five thousand of his employees worked, hands on her hips while she observed her surroundings with a mix of disdain and curiosity. Her sight did not stay low for too long though. No sooner than they had cleared the top of the corporate building, the tallest one in campus, the giant woman’s attention was immediately attracted to them.

Lang knew it was impossible for Lucia Torres to notice him. He was way too small to her and he was inside a helicopter, hundreds of feet away. And still, he could not prevent feeling her enormous dark eyes fixing on him, her stare piercing him like a laser beam.

He had seen plenty of footage of Lucia Torres before her growth, from the multiple tests they had done to her without her knowledge. She had been a gorgeous, energetic and hot-headed young woman, but she had also been frail, as if she were conscious of how powerless she really was.

The woman standing at his company’s gates had not lost any of her gorgeousness or temperament, but even if he had not seen the footage of her massacre in the city, her look would have already told Rudolph Lang that there was no trace of fragility or hesitance in her anymore. Miss Torres held a power beyond imagination, and she was perfectly conscious about it.

Her hard look was soon followed by a scowl and Rudolph could tell that she was making her mind up. And then, without warning, her hands left her hips and her right leg moved forward, bringing a section of the outer fence down as she took a first step into campus.

Lang’s blood froze when he realized what was going on. He did not have the chance to say anything before the excited voice of the captain that had been sent to pick them up screamed:

“Climb! Climb! Climb! The giant bitch is coming this way!”

Any other day, Rudolph would have reflected about how curious it was to see the man’s lips move as his voice came in through the headphones he had been required to wear, just a fraction of a second too late. His mind did not find the room to have this thought, though. It was too focused on his immediate safety.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia observed the source of the noise, her attention quickly shifting from the few laggards still in the parking lot to the pigeon-sized helicopters that were taking off right behind the tall building where the corporate offices were located. They were considerably larger than the news choppers that had been following her so far, and their dark green color left no doubt regarding their origin.

Lucia clenched her fists, her body getting into full attention as she identified the aircraft as her first contact with the army, but she soon realized that these were not attack helicopters but cargo ones. Their size and the twin front and back rotors told her that much.

With the risk of being attacked right away discarded, Lucia let her guard down a bit and frowned, wondering what the hell the choppers were doing there. The leading aircraft was now followed by three more, and despite the distance and her lack of knowledge about military helicopters, Lucia could have sworn that her presence was making them rush the lift-off.

So, they were not getting there but leaving. And seeing her had made them push it harder. Why?

Lucia’s first instinct was that she did not want anyone escaping. She had come to BioChem looking for retribution and having someone leave felt anticlimactic. Especially if the ones fleeing were the big fishes, as it seemed. She soon realized that there had to be more to what she was seeing than a simple escape attempt. After all, why would the army be involved? And why would they have sent such big helicopters?

It hit her right then. Once it did, she realized that it was so obvious that she should have thought about it earlier. Lucia might have been a lowly secretary, but she had worked in one of the world’s leading companies when it came to biomedical research. The chances that this was related to her extraordinary growth had to be high.

She chuckled, realizing that, had she thought about it earlier in the morning, she would have probably headed towards BioChem instead of Downtown when looking for help. If her current size was related in any way to any research there, which seemed plausible, the eggheads in R&D would have been the right people to try and find a solution. She was glad that she had come now, even if it was for different reasons. Lucia was already too involved with her new size to consider going back to normal as a desirable outcome, but visiting her former workplace worked well enough under these circumstances too.

She was not the one wishing to shrink back to normal, but she could see how someone else might want to pursue that avenue. So, rather than asking for help, Lucia was more interested in ensuring that anyone having that idea would not find anyone alive to help him carry it out.

And once she had reached that conclusion, it was obvious that having four helicopters leaving did not work well for her. So, without further thought, Lucia removed her hands from her hips and headed towards the escaping choppers in a hurried pace.

Her feet sank deep in the soft and neatly trimmed grass of the site as she closed the distance with her targets at great speed. BioChem’s campus was vast, but distances did not mean the same to Lucia anymore. She realized soon enough that the corporate building would be a problem. At ten stories in height it reached just a bit higher than her knees. Too tall to step over comfortably and too wide to surround without wasting too much time, the building was a very undesired obstacle in her quest to prevent the escapees from leaving.

Lucia reached the only possible conclusion available to her, once she had it clear in her mind that catching the helicopters was her priority.

Her calves broke through the building’s façade spectacularly, the movement of her fit legs barely slowed down by the glass, steel and concrete of the structure. To Lucia it felt like walking through an oversized sandcastle, not even getting a scratch as she brought down half of the building in the first step. The second sent her deeper into the structure and weakened it so much that the entire building collapsed around her like a house of cards. Lucia barely paid any heed to the fact that she had brought an entire building down or to the dozens of lives she had taken so casually. Her attention was still focused on the choppers. They were quickly getting out of her reach.

Her breasts bounced heavily in her chest as she decided to turn her hurried walk into a trot to cover the last few hundred feet. She cursed herself for not having done so earlier, but there was no point in getting tied up with this now. Her feet plowed deep into the soft earth as she took a last stride and landed with a loud thud, reaching up towards the last chopper of the group. Feeling more sluggish than the other three, the helicopter had managed to clear her head but not the vast reach of her arm. Lucia stretched it as far as she could and was rewarded by her fingertips touching the cool metallic bottom of the aircraft. Looking up, she did not waste her time and maneuvered her fingers so that they would take a good grip on both sides of the fuselage.

Lucia smirked in pleasure. She felt the chopper trying to break free, the pull of its two massive rotors being the first noticeable force she had felt from the tiny world. Noticeable or not, the rotors were not nearly strong enough to overpower her, so all Lucia had to do was to pull down to bring the helicopter at chest level, her biceps barely bulging as she did so.

There was no way the helicopter was going to escape, but its rotors were still noisy and annoying, so the next thing the giant did was to extend a finger from her free hand and place it in the path of the helixes, smirking as they shattered against her thick skin with barely a tickle.

Lucia felt exhilarated at her achievement. The helicopter, which moments ago had been threatening to leave, was now merely a tube in her hand. Still, it was only one in four. Frowning and looking up, Lucia saw that the first two helicopters were too far away already. The third one seemed barely out of her reach, though. Lucia had always been a determined woman, and her size had only accentuated that trait, so rather than accepting the loss she crouched low and concentrated as much strength in her legs as possible.

Her jump was magnificent, and not only because of her size. Lucia realized soon enough that she would not have been able to jump so high relative to her own height when she was normal-sized, so the increased strength of her calves seemed to be yet another perk of her transformation. Her body soared impossibly high in the sky, but still her target felt hard to reach. The helicopter had been higher than she had initially estimated, and the pilot had taken the time she had used to get ready to climb even higher.

Still, Lucia reached out with her free hand while she ascended, desperately trying to grasp the fleeing aircraft before it was too late. Her body reached its apex a second later, her feet having covered a distance equivalent to her own amazing height by the time she did that. Her fingers, stretched to the limit, reached towards their target… and missed. Or mostly missed. Lucia was not able to grab the helicopter as she had done with the one she was holding in her right hand, but her fingertips had certainly brushed it. It was not until she landed, shaking her surroundings with what felt like a Magnitude 5 earthquake, that Lucia realized that her fingernails had done more damage than she had initially expected.

Crouching in the ground, she quickly looked upwards to see the offending aircraft meandering through the sky, a trail of dark smoke indicating that it was not in good shape. She followed its path with curiosity, soon realizing that the chopper was flying lower every time. Her lips curled into a wide smile when the dark green helicopter finally crashed into some woods in the distance. The crashing sound was noticeable even from the distance. The fire that quickly caught into the neighboring trees was even easier to see.

Lucia was thoroughly impressed with herself, but she could only be partially satisfied. She was now standing in the middle of her self-created crater, a downed building a few hundred feet back and a large military helicopter in hand. A fire in the distance witnessed the fate of another helicopter that had been trying to leave. But two had succeeded in escaping, and she could not be happy about that.

She wondered who was in those helicopters and which was their relationship to her current size and with the possibility to shrink her down. The good news was that she had someone to ask to.

Without further delay, Lucia brought her hand up and observed the foot and a half tube, stooping a bit to look through its windows and see that it was packed with equipment and people. Her sensitive ears caught their screams, muffled through the fuselage. They made her smirk.

Tilting the aircraft so that she could see the terrified pilots through the windshield, Lucia smiled evilly and asked:

“Where you in a hurry?”

They just screamed in response. It worked well enough for her.

Different than in previous interactions with people, Lucia was not interested in instantaneous and gratuitous destruction. She needed information, and the people inside the helicopter were her best chance at getting it. She was not concerned about her ability to get it. After all, she had already proven that she was capable of communicating with people and that she was skilled enough at using her newfound strength to get them to do as she wanted.

Looking around to try to determine the best course of action, Lucia noticed the depression under her feet and thought that it would work well enough for her. She stepped out of her self-created crater and knelt by it, holding the helicopter carefully balanced. She was not interested in accidentally hurting those inside. At least, not yet.

Lucia moaned when the fingernails of her free hand had no issue ripping the back of the long helicopter open as if had been an empty eggshell. The screams, now reaching her without hinderance, intensified as she peeked through the newly created hole and smiled at the three-dozen people inside.

“I need you out,” she announced.

She did not give them any time to reply before she turned the ripped fuselage and tilted it over the crater where she had landed just moments before. People started rolling out of the tube soon enough, landing in the middle of the soft ground. Lucia smiled with pride when it became obvious that the crater would be too deep for them to climb out, exactly what she had intended.

There was only a dozen or so inch-tall men and women lying in the crater by the time the trickle of people stopped. Lucia remedied it simply by tilting the helicopter a bit more, getting another dozen out. Cargo started dropping soon after, mildly injuring some of those that had exited the aircraft before it. Everything stopped once more after a few more seconds. Lucia frowned, knowing that there had been more people inside the helicopter than the ones that were out now. She did not need to be a genius to understand that some of the passengers were holding for dear life to avoid falling out. Hating the implied challenge, Lucia was not delicate as she shook the helicopter with vigor. The results were immediate, the remaining passengers dropping in the crater soon enough and in visibly worse shape than the rest.

Feeling a bit mean about having been defied, Lucia reached with her free hand and pinched one of the people from the last lot from the ground. She held him reasonably low, close enough for everyone to see him as he screamed.

“I have a use for you,” Lucia said. “You’ll do what I say. You’ll answer my questions. And you will not try anything funny. Or else!”

She brought her fingers together as she finished her sentence, crushing the man between her fingertips with a sickening crunch. Lucia rubbed her fingers for added effect, smearing the man to a messy stain, just before attempting to clean them in the fresh lawn by her left foot, leaving a red gory streak as she did.

Needless to say, panic rose a couple of notches among the rest of the group as she completed her whimsical execution. Lucia knew it had been pure cold-blooded cruelty, but she did not mind so long as it served a purpose. She was beyond being concerned about something as minor as a life.

The giantess could not prevent a smirk as the bug-sized people started running around but could do nothing to escape the tall earthen walls of what she knew was simply a deeper version of one of her steps. The scene was funny, so she let them go on while she turned the tube in her hand and focused on the cockpit and the two panicked pilots inside.

“Stay still,” she commanded as she clawed her free hand once more and ripped the front of the chopper out of the rest. No longer needing the middle section, Lucia tossed it over her shoulder and focused on the cockpit she was holding, using her fingers with dexterity to move small parts away until she had full access to the two pilots. They moved frantically but did not resist as Lucia used her fingernails to remove them from their harness, finally emptying them in her now free palm. She was proud of being able to combine her astronomical strength with such finesse.

Needless to say, the pilots were anything but happy to be in her hand. She ignored their frenzied movements and just moved them up, right under her nose and inquisitive eyes. Being able to see every single detail about them despite their diminutive size felt incredibly good. The problem with her enhanced senses was that they also made the screams more annoying.

“Shut up,” she said softly, her voice overshadowing any other nonetheless.

She was happy to see them comply. Happy enough to attempt a softer than usual approach.

“You did not attack me. Do as I say, and I’ll let you live. Deal?”

The two miniature men nodded in unison, letting Lucia know that they might be military, but they were not eager to die.

“Why were you here?” she asked.

There was no immediate answer, which made Lucia narrow her eyes in frustration. Her change in expression had an immediate effect in the men, who instantly looked warier of her, if that was even possible. It also made the one who seemed to be in charge reply, even if his shaky voice betrayed the fear he felt.

“We were just following orders. We had to transport some key people and material out as soon as possible.”

“Why?” Lucia asked with interest. The man seemed to have information that might be useful.

“I don’t know. I only followed orders,” the pilot said, his tone suggesting that he was afraid that his answer could have fatal consequences.

Lucia frowned once again, frustrated that the usefulness of the pilots had been so short lived. She shot a glance to the three-dozen people in the crater to see that they were still running mindlessly around without any hopes of escaping. Meanwhile she was thinking on how to continue. She was happy when she found the way.

“Where were you heading to?”

The two men exchanged glances, which told Lucia that she had hit the jackpot. They seemed to be evaluating whether to share the information with her. She would be more than happy to torture one in order to incent the other to talk, but it turned out it would not be necessary.

“The airport,” the pilot in charge ended up saying.

“Why?” Lucia insisted.

Once more, they exchanged glances. Lucia guessed that they thought that it did not matter anymore, because the pilot answered faster this time.

“The army is gathering there.”

The revelation was shocking to Lucia, but after a second thought, she understood that it was also very logical. She had finished the cops some time ago already. And she had roamed the city without being bothered for quite a while. She had always known that the tinies would eventually fight back, and it made sense that this time it would be the army.

The knowledge, no matter how logical, was quite a setback for Lucia, though. She had already accepted that the little people would eventually bring her down, but she had hoped that she would have some more time.

“What are you guys bringing?” she asked, her eyes narrowed.

The pilots hesitated. She was about to remind them about their deal when the co-pilot took the lead.

“Everything. Infantry, tanks, gunships.”

The idea made Lucia feel weary and proud at the same time. Judging from the man’s words, her next fight would not be so easy as the one with the cops. For all that she knew, it would be her last stand. And still, knowing that she had reached the point where she deserved a full deployment from the world’s most powerful army was proof of the power she projected.

“How long?” she asked between clenched teeth.

“Two hours, at least. Probably more.”

“I should better get going, then. There’s some stuff that needs getting taken care of before the fireworks start,” Lucia said. Neither of the men in her palm reacted to it.

She pondered what to do for an instant and then moved her palm down, setting it on the soft ground and tilting it just enough to empty the two men.

“You upheld your end of the deal. Let it not be said that I’m not legit.”

The two pilots stood up and looked up at her for an instant, still not believing what had happened.

“Now, get the hell away from here. After all the trouble I took in not killing you I would hate stepping on you by accident!”

They did not waste time in complying, the fact that one of them tripped and fell to the soft lawn as he tried to get away making Lucia chuckle.

With a figure like hers, every one of her movements tended to be sensual. Still, she focused on making the entire process of moving from a kneeling position to lying down on her stomach as erotic as possible as she pushed her ass out and lowered her body slowly to the spongy ground.

Suddenly remembering her ass-passenger, Lucia tightened her ass cheeks just a bit to tease Phil and let him know that she still had him present. She giggled again when she felt him squirming in response.

Her mountainous body dug easily into the ground, messing the neatly trimmed lawn beyond recognition. Her massive breasts did the most damage, digging deep trenches into the soft earth. Soon, she was lying with her head resting on her folded arms, in a perfect spot to take a good look at the three-dozen captives trapped in her footprint.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Phil hated his life even more with every second that passed. If being ripped from his car, humiliated by his now giant secretary and stuck into her ass had not been horrible enough, every moment made his misery even worse. By now he was already used to the constant grinding of the walls trapping him, moving up and down in what he now knew was Lucia merely walking. The brief periods of calm, when she stopped for whatever reason he would never be aware of from his current location, only served the purpose of letting him realize just how bruised he was simply for being where he was.

And then, all hell broke loose. The grinding started again, stronger and more frequent. He felt something massive breaking not too far away from him. The noise was noticeable even from within the narrow confines of his fleshy prison. Shortly after, the rhythm and torture of the rubbing became almost unbearable. He realized that she was running just an instant before it stopped. And then, the walls relaxed, and an impulse made him feel weightless for a few seconds. These were the first moments since his imprisonment where he was not subject to the constant beating of being inside a massive woman. For a few seconds he felt as if things could get better. He realized that he was being smoothly sliding deeper into his secretary’s ass when the direction of the movement had changed already. And suddenly… a massive force pushed him back out, only with much more violence than he had been sliding in.

For a moment it felt as if he would be shot out of Lucia’s asshole… but then the walls closed on him again and the possibility was gone. Nothing happened for some time, aside from the rumbling he now knew was the giant’s voice. And when he thought he was back to his status quo, the world tilted, and he felt himself being turned face down. He did not have time to reflect about that, though, since the walls of flesh that had trapped him for a few minutes already closed around him with vice once more, followed by what he now knew were the hideous woman’s giggles.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Lucia observed the three-dozen or so inch-tall people in her deeper than usual footprint with glee, much like a little girl looking at a jar of candy. She knew that she did not have a ton of time to waste, but she could not avoid letting go a bit and indulge on the sight. She could not avoid it. Lucia just loved how much her status had changed.

Just twenty-four hours ago she had been a mere secretary for one of the biggest assholes in the company, a disposable woman whose only merit seemed to apparently be her looks, no matter how hard she tried to excel at her work and exceed everyone’s expectations. The only reason people noticed her presence was that she had a bombshell body which she took great pride in highlighting with her tight business attires. But other than that, Lucia had not deserved a kind word or any trace of respect from those higher in the company’s ranks, which included practically everyone else.

The incredibly frightened people she was now observing, on the other hand, had been la crème de la crème, the geeky, brainy researchers at the company’s research and development department. And the fact that they were being evacuated told Lucia that the few bug-sized individuals under her nose were probably amongst the top ones. Each of them was worth six figures, a few maybe even seven. None of this mattered anymore.

Money did not matter. Brains did not matter. Ironic as it may sound, size mattered. And she had it on her side.

The rush of power was so large that Lucia could not prevent feeling even naughtier than usual. She did not warn anyone before she pushed her thick glossy lips out and channeled a stronger than usual kiss through them, slightly moving her head in its resting position on her arms to guide her playful breath so that she would get the entire group.

Seeing them lose their footing and even being pushed a few feet back by such a casual gesture was just too good! Lucia could not prevent a roaring laughter as she observed the people’s pathetic attempts to recover and stand back up.

“Was I too rough?” she mocked. “I was just trying to be charming!”

No one laughed at her joke but her, but it did not matter. Since, after all, no one’s opinion mattered but hers anymore.

“I recognize some of you,” Lucia said, proud once more of the keenness of her sight. One of her roles as a secretary was to know people and even if she could not recall most names, she had crossed her path with some of the worms now trapped under her face. “You are big fishes in R&D, the type of guys who would only look at someone like me for my boobs.”

Lucia enjoyed the reaction to her censuring comment. Despite their sizes, she could even see some faces turn red.

“Now, I know I’m not as bright as you guys, but it has occurred to me that you may have had something to do with me being my current size. And, you know, the fact that the army was evacuating you has kind of reinforced me in that idea. So, here’s the deal: tell me everything you know and maybe, just maybe, I will not crush you for having used me like a guinea pig. Now, you’ll be wondering what’s the alternative. The thing is: I never liked any of you. And knowing that you have been messing with me has not done much to improve that. And I’ve got to tell you: being a giant has had an effect in my approach to people I don’t like. There are many really horrible ways I could finish you off, and my natural inclination is to use a few of them with you. So, you guys should start working in changing my opinion of you very fast!”

She could only love the reaction. The pure fear she instilled in them was exhilarating. The power and the unlimited possibilities of her new size were great, but the ability it gave her to talk down to people made her feel even more powerful.

Lucia could see that there was a hidden discussion among some of the tiny white-coats.

“Spit it out!” she said, addressing them rudely.

When one of the men, a gray-haired bookish type she knew was head of some weirdly-named department stepped to the front, she felt both proud and excited at what he had to say.

“We think we know what made you this big,” he finally said.

Lucia felt a shiver running down her spine, the initial thrill giving way to some anxiety as she pondered whether this also meant that they knew how to counter it. No matter how much she had sought for it for most of the morning, this was the last thing she wanted now.

Eager to learn the truth, she unfolded her arms and reached out for the man, mocking his attempts at escaping and plucking him from the crater. Lucia held him in front of her hardened face as she asked the key question:

“Do you know how to make me small?”

The man shook his head, relieving a vast amount of pressure from Lucia’s chest.

“Are you sure?” she asked, inquisitive.

“We barely have a theory of what made you so large,” the man babbled, obviously scared. “We have no clue about how it worked or how to revert it, if that is even possible.”

“What will it take you to find out?” Lucia asked.

“A miracle?” the man replied, removing the last of her uncertainty from her.

Lucia smiled, visibly satisfied, as she said:

“That is a good answer,” she said, satisfied.

The man seemed to relax, at least as much as someone could relax while being held dozens of feet above the ground, held between two humongous fingers.

“Tell me how I grew,” she said, visibly calmer. “You know, in a way I can understand.”

She had used a soft tone, but there was no doubt about the fact that she was exhorting him, not simply asking. It took the man some time to get it together, but Lucia saw that he was working to try to comply with her request, so she let him be. When he was finally ready, his mousy voice came out steadier than she would have expected.

“We are developing a performance enhancement drug, code named GC-226. The project was running late, so Stahl decided to pull up testing in humans to try to accelerate the pace of research,” he started saying.

Lucia frowned, the egghead’s first words confirming what she had feared. He was pushed back by her sudden change in expression, but when she shot him a glance, urging him to go on, he just did as expected.

“Of course, we did not have the right permissions, so we just selected a few individuals from within BioChem. You were one of them. We have been administering doses of the drug to you and measuring the results for over six months. So, when you showed up on the news, after your… growth, all alarms went off,” the scientist said.

“How does a performance enhancement drug turn me into this?” Lucia asked coldly.

“We do not know… but we know that we messed up. Over the last week, your doses got out of control. You were given much more drug than you were supposed to. You were the only affected test subject. We have been reviewing the latest results, and we found the initial traces of an accelerated cell replication just before Bower fired you. We don’t know why it’s happening, but it would seem that in high enough quantities, GC-226 can force cell replication when combined with high enough quantities of adrenaline.”

“So, my cells just copied themselves a few hundred times and made me like this?” Lucia asked, a bit overwhelmed at what she had been told.

“Er… it would seem like that, yes,” the man finally said.

“And you cannot make me small?” she asked again, trying to confirm that her status was safe, which was her main concern.

“There is no way to ‘un-copy’ your cells. I don’t see how the effect could be reverted.”

Lucia frowned again. Something did not feel right. It finally hit her.

“So, what are the rest of eggheads going to do down at the airport?”

The scientist seemed genuinely surprised by the question. He babbled for a few seconds before saying:

“I… I have no clue.”

Lucia finally got it, even without his help.

“Can they find a way to kill me? I mean, a nerdy way?”

The tiny man’s face reddened before he said:

“I don’t see how…”

“But, can they?”

The scientist finally said:

“I guess it’s possible. If they find enough about how the growth process worked.”

Lucia narrowed her eyes, making the man in her fingers shiver in fear at her sudden change in expression.

“How long do they need?” she asked coldly.

The scientist hesitated, then answered:

“I don’t see how they can get any clue about your growth in anything less than several hours.”

His answer relaxed her. Her smile might have been reassuring enough for the man to finally risk the key question:

“Will you let us go?”

Lucia’s stomach groaned loudly again, the thundering sound reaching every corner of the BioChem Campus and reinforcing the fear of those around her with its monstrous feel. Her smile turned from relaxed to mischievous as she connected her two most pressing problems in her mind.

Could she do it? Truth be told, she had already done it, even if her main intent when eating Jennifer had not been nutritional. Her body had already reminded her too many times that she might be giant, but this did not mean that she was free from the basic needs of a human being. One of them was feeding. And, at her size, there were not that many possibilities.

The egghead in her fingers had evolved from hopeful to terrified in barely a second. Lucia decided to reinforce him in his fear.

“You know? You fucking nerds are the only ones that can come up with a way to mess with me. Letting you go doesn’t look like such a great idea, does it?”

The man started shaking as he tried to babble some pleading words.

“And it’s about time I do something about breakfast.”

The shriek would have been chilling if his voice had not sounded so comical. Lucia barely giggled as she brought the man closer to her open lips and carelessly tossed him into her mouth with a flick of her wrist. Much like Jennifer, her ex’s bitch, the tiny man tickled as she held him over her tongue for a few seconds, feeling his pointless struggling. The man’s screams were muffled inside her mouth, but Lucia could easily hear the mad cries coming from her deep footprint.

Eager to get going, she just pushed her victim to the back of her mouth and swallowed in a somewhat reflex gesture. The feeling of the tiny, wriggling body sliding down her esophagus was weird but strangely satisfactory. It stopped as soon as the sensation reached the point where she knew her stomach was.

“Mmmmmm…” she moaned in delight, making the panic in the three dozen remaining scientists reach another level.

Lucia did not say anything else to them as she pushed herself up, marveling at the twin depressions her mammoth breasts had carved in the soft ground. Maneuvering her titanic body with grace, she moved her legs under her and sat, keeping the depression with her captives at a convenient distance of her right hand.

She did not provide any type of warning before reaching into it as if it were a bowl of snacks. When her hand moved out, she had snatched what seemed to be four or five bodies. She barely paid them a second of attention before tossing them into her open mouth, moving quickly to reinforce her conviction about what she was doing.

The explosion of movement inside her mouth as she closed her lips was so much better than when she had only had one tiny morsel inside it! Each of her unwilling snacks kicked and squirmed for their lives, stimulating the many sensitive areas in her tongue and palate, sending a shiver of pleasure down her spine. Feeling playfully cruel, Lucia tossed them around violently with a brusque movement of her tongue. The considerable reduction on the amount of activity told her that she had been rough enough to beat the fight out of them. Feeling both hungry and wicked, Lucia gathered them with her tongue and send them to her throat, feeling her gulled bulge as her victims travelled to her stomach.

Lucia knew she was probably crossing the last line, but it well so fucking good! Her ego talked for her as she reached for another group into the crater. The researchers were trying to climb the steep walls of her footprint, but it was to no avail. Even if they had been in good physical shape, which most were not, it would have been impossible to scale the soft and nearly vertical mounds.

“Look at you,” she said as she held about half a dozen of them between her fingers. “You have looked at the likes of me over your shoulders your entire lives. You think you have the right to push people like me around, to use us like disposable goods, to experiment on us. How does it feel to become disposable yourselves? How is it when suddenly someone’s higher on the food chain?”

Lucia tossed them into her mouth and swallowed in one go, reaching out for another group without wasting time. She cupped her hand and moved it like an excavator this time, scooping a dozen or so bodies into her palm. She held them under her nose before moving on, waiting for her latest snacks to get to her stomach.

“All these years studying, all these long hours at work… and her you are, mere bites for a secretary!”

Killing them was not enough. Not even torturing them in some of the most horrendous ways seemed to be fulfilling her. Finally, years of resentment and frustration were surfacing, exposing her most vindictive side.

She craned her neck and opened her mouth wide, slowly tilting her hand so that her morsels would unavoidably fall, one by one, to her waiting jaw. Her mouth was fuller than ever before, up to the point where Lucia realized that she would not be able to simply swallow. Out of other options, she instinctively chewed, sending a wave of salty taste around her mouth and bringing the panic around her to a level she had not known could even exist. Her jaws moved in a slow choreography as she kept on smashing her victims, savoring their taste despite the brutality of what she was doing.

“Oooohhhh,” he said, moaning as she swallowed. “You taste just like chicken teriyaki!”

She did not waste time into grabbing another handful and tossing it into her mouth, chewing right away, now that she knew that rather than using them purely for nutrition, she could also enjoy the taste of the little fuckers. She chomped while she reached for the remaining survivors. Their numbers were now low enough that they were scattered, so she had to pick them in ones and twos, dropping them into a cupped palm as she kept chasing for the rest. She waited until her palm was reasonably full before tossing them in and chasing the rest.

Once the initial moral restraint was gone, Lucia enjoyed her late breakfast more than anything else she had done until now. Not only had it resolved an issue that could have potentially been hard, but she had done it in a way that had established her new superiority over the world very graphically. She had crossed a line in the process, becoming more of the monster they thought she was, but rather than being worried by it, Lucia saw it as reckoning.

Lucia was out of morsels before her hunger was completely quelled. She did not mind. She knew very well how she was going to address this minor problem. She simply stood up and moved towards the section of campus where she had worked.

As she moved with the grace of a feline, Lucia conjured herself not to waste too long with her former co-workers. As much as she wanted them to feel her wrath and their insignificance, she now knew that she did not have all the time in the world. The army was getting ready to attack her. And two choppers full of eggheads would soon start working on a way to kill her. Which essentially meant that she had to kill them first.

She still had some hours, if she was to believe the men now in her stomach, but better not take too many risks. She could take some, though. And the workers of BioChem deserved as much.

There seemed to be two groups of people when it came to dealing with her presence. The first group seemed to think that it was best to stay inside the buildings and wait for her to leave. The second was trying to escape at all costs, turning the parking lot into a significantly worst chaos than it had been when she had come in, barely a few minutes before. Both were wrong.

Lucia decided to deal with the latter first and walked around the main R&D building as soon as she reached it, joining those in the parking instead. Of course, her presence was very much unwelcome.

“Leaving so soon?” she asked, her voice booming across the entire office park. “I thought you would be joining my farewell party!”

Lucia did not leave anyone any time to interpret her words. Her left foot landed on top of two cars and half a dozen people right away, flattening them beyond recognition and embedding them into the bottom of one of her already very characteristic footprints. The instantaneous increase in the volume of the screams was musing in Lucia’s ears and encouraged her to continue her wade into the parking lot, finishing plenty of lives with each apparently casual step.

She reached the main gate and turned, looking down with a smirk as she admired the wake of her murderous stroll, placing her hands on her hips as she observed the survivors exiting their cars and turning towards the deceiving safety of the building. She remained silent for well over a minute, waiting for them to herd into the destination she intended for them. As soon as the parking was reasonably empty, Lucia resumed her walk, now heading into her former workplace.

 

 *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Most of Leila’s colleagues were screaming. She could not. She had yelled to the top of her lungs for the best part of an hour, but all the sudden, she had lost the will to do that. She had been in the parking lot when Lucia had started eating people. It had been then, in that moment of pure horror, that Leila’s spirit had broken.

She had not been close to Lucia, but she had known the woman. As a fellow executive assistant, she had had to work with her to arrange meetings, discuss logistics and prepare discussions. Fifteen years her senior, Leila had soon read the woman’s frustration beyond her bragging. It had been clear that she had used her physical exuberance to mask a life she was not happy with. She was not the first woman she met like that, and she would not be the last. Other than that, the young Latina had proven to be capable, hard-working, smart and funny enough in coffee corner conversations.

The details surrounding her firing had been unfortunate. Phil Bower was a despicable human being and Leila did not know what she would have done if she had found herself in Lucia’s situation. She would have certainly not slapped him. Everyone knew what happened when you did that.

Seeing this young, good-looking woman she had worked with for over two years suddenly become a monster had been too much for Leila to take in. Her actions on TV had already been shocking. Learning that she was heading their way had appalled her. The possibility of a premature death had made her panic beyond any limits. But seeing her eat people? This had been too much. She had been having coffee with Lucia Torres not much more than twenty-four hours earlier. And her mind was not ready to accept what she had just done.

Leila had been wandering like a zombie since then, narrowly escaping death at the parking lot when Lucia’s bus-sized feet had trampled hundreds of people there, following the mob without too much purpose back into the building. She was staring through the large windows, much like someone looking at the horizon, almost ignoring the chaos outside.

Until massive foot landed mere yards away from where she was standing, right on the opposite side of the window, making the ground shake like an earthquake and sending her on her butt. A second and even stronger shake aborted Leila’s half-hearted attempt to stand up, and by the time she could react, a massive explosion took care of the ceiling over her.

The screams of her colleagues as they were crushed under large chunks of the former room brought Leila back to her senses. When Lucia Torres’ massive face stared at her through the wide opening, she felt the fear rise back inside her. Leila started screaming again as a massive hand reached for her.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia haphazardly punched the roof of the single-story building that hosted the majority of BioChem’s research facilities. Many of her co-workers were instantly buried under the rubble, but there were plenty of them that were still alive and kicking, which served her well enough. She did not even cross a word with them before reaching in with her hand and harshly scooping a group of them out.

She smiled when she recognized a few familiar faces when opening her hand. Her subconscious told her that not everyone she was holding shared the same level of guilt when it came to her experience at BioChem, but she was beyond the point of making differences.

“How does it feel?” she asked in a voice full of resentment. “How does it feel to be helpless, to have your lives on someone else’s hand?”

She only got screams in reply.

“I was like you. Only yesterday, I was as helpless as you are now. I was abused, powerless to do anything about it. All I asked for was some sympathy. Someone to stand up for what was right. I got none of that,” she went on. Lucia could have sworn that her words had increased the level of panic in her captives. It worked well enough for her.

“You don’t know how good it feels to have all the power, after a life of being kicked around. You could never understand just how arousing it is to finally be the one making decisions on others’ pathetic lives. And you know, it’s just too fucking bad that you guys made sure that I was out of compassion!”

With that, Lucia moved her hand towards her mouth and proceeded to pour her catch inside, moving her victims around with her tongue to make more space. She savored them even more than her previous snacks, being who they were making her retribution taste even better.

The screams from inside the building intensified as she chewed. She ignored them and punched another section of the building open, reaching for another group of former colleagues.

 

 

*************************************
Author's note

As I mentioned these last weeks, I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 

So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: gumroad.com/l/vuVni

To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks!

 

 

Chapter 13 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 13

 

Lucia belched loudly as she tossed the large water tower over her shoulder, after having finished its contents and wrapped it in her fingers. The BioChem campus laid in ruins at her feet. Hundreds of its former workers were now slowly dissolving in her stomach, having served as a late breakfast, while thousands were either flattened at the bottom of one of her footprints or buried into the rubble of one of the former buildings. A few more, the lucky ones, were hiding in the remnants of their workplace, too shocked about what had happened to be thankful about having survived.

Lucia felt both fulfilled and liberated. She had already known for a while that she had nothing to lose. The tiny fuckers would do their best to kill her no matter what she did, and eventually, they would succeed. Once she had already accepted that, her choices had been considerably reduced. This had released her.  No longer burdened by the long-term consequences of her actions, she had given herself into a quest of indulgence.

All Lucia wanted to do with whatever time she had left was to make the most of her giant experience. This involved exercising her newfound power without restraint, retribution from anyone that had eventually crossed her and making a long-lasting impact in the world.

She had accepted her fate, but this did not mean that she would make it easy for those that would attempt to bring her down. In Lucia’s mind, she had really started living when she had woken up earlier that morning, so the longer the had in the world, the longer she would live a real life. Right now, this meant taking the fight to those that were gathering to fight her. So, with her hunger and thirst quenched for a while, it was time to move back into the city.

In Lucia’s mind, BioChem and the office park were written off, so she had lost interest in whatever it was that would happen at her feet. Which did not mean that she was going to be merciful about it. She chose to simply walk down the office park road, crushing cars and people with grim finality as she got into the I-377 in less than a minute. Once there, she again chose the outbound lanes, letting her hardened soles sow chaos among the thousands trapped there.

She had almost forgotten about the other office park before she saw the thick column of dark smoke rising into the clear blue sky. When Lucia saw the distinctive blue flashing lights and heard the faint sounds of the sirens, she felt her heart fill with glee. Carl was the next bastard on her list.

She squeezed her ass cheeks lightly, getting a faint response from the captive Phil as she did, and smiled as she thought about just how amazing it was to have all the power for once.

Hundreds perished under her feet without Lucia even noticing as she closed the distance with the new object of her interest at an amazing rate, strutting as she did so. Her nipples swelled in excitement as she reached the entrance of the office park and was greeted with the scene she had been dreaming of.

Lucia widened her stance and placed her hands on her hips as she observed the picture-perfect sight with a wide smile in her face. It was obvious from the reaction of the hundreds still trapped there that she was the only happy person in the area.

The building she had lit was all but a pile of ruins by now, the intense fire having made short work of it. The flames had now extended to its neighboring buildings, and a large group of firemen were doing their best to try to put them out before they had the same fate. With the highway blocked and the woods’ road disabled, hundreds of workers were trapped in the area and were trying to stay as far away from the flames as possible.

Lucia ignored them and zoomed into the firemen, enjoying the enhanced level of detail she had already observed earlier in the morning. It worked incredibly well for her, especially in a situation like this one.

The firefighters had momentarily stopped working on the flames, their attention suddenly having been caught by her. She enjoyed their reactions, even if they were considerably more poised than the average person. She would have loved to address them right away, but it was not time yet. She had to do something first, something very important.

Even with the unfair amount of detail she could make despite her size and the relative distance, Lucia was having some trouble identifying the individual firefighters. Their uniforms and helmets were not making it easy. It was when an idea came to mind.

    “Carl Haldeman, I’m here for you!”

Almost at once, a group of firemen turned to look at a very uncomfortable individual. It did not take Lucia much to zoom in him and find her ex. Her nipples threatened with exploding when she identified the cheating bastard. He looked to every possible side before turning and fleeing. Lucia did not care. There was nowhere for him to go.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Carl’s day could not have started any better. Jennifer was amazing in bed, and much more docile out of it than his former girlfriend. Things had started to go south very soon after.

The call from the station had been the weirdest one he had had in his six years as a fireman. He had understood soon after getting there what was the reason for all the mess. It had not been immediate, though. The entire story about a giant woman fucking the city up was too hard to believe until he saw enough footage to get convinced. The problem was that, by the time he was, he already knew that the woman in question was no other than his ex-girlfriend, Lucia.

Lucia had probably been the hottest woman Carl had gone out with, and he had had his share of success. His job and his looks gave him that much. There had been many girls in Carl’s history that would have been considered gorgeous, but Lucia Torres was simply in another league. The woman was a bombshell, with a body that was perfect no matter which angle you looked at it from. And she had also been the wildest lover he had ever had.

The issue had been that after a few months, Carl had found out that she was equally wild out of bed, up to the point where he had been concerned about her sanity in some occasions. Incredibly stubborn, fiercely jealous and with a propensity to lose her temper, Lucia was hard to deal with.

Carl had been avoiding her attempts of moving with him for as long as he had been able to. Deep inside, he had known that he should have ended it with her long before he did, but she was just so damned hot!

Jennifer had been so much easier to manage! Carl had already made his mind up about breaking up with Lucia, but every time he had met her, he had found himself in bed with her instead of facing the hard conversation. Until finally, she had caught him with his new girlfriend.

And now, the images his colleagues were showing him on TV and in their smartphones were those of the woman he had cheated having a go with the city while standing the size of a skyscraper. By the look of it, she had not lost any of her gorgeousness with the growth. It did not look as if she had lost any of her bad temper either.

He had decided to keep his secret with him for the time being. He was working with a squad different than his, and none of the men on it had any clue about his relationship with the now giant Lucia Torres.

The morning had been incredibly busy, his squad being moved from one location to the next to take care of the aftermath of Lucia’s passing. Until they had joined a few other teams in the extinction of one of the worst building fires he had ever seen. Of course, the fact that a titanic woman had taken her time to cover the office building with fuel had to do with it.

Carl vaguely remembered Lucia having mentioned that she had worked at that office park during one of their first dates. He could not prevent swallowing hard at the memory of that revelation, since it meant that his giant ex was determined on using her size with those that she felt had wronged her. He knew he was probably high on that list.

His colleagues got a bit upset with him at times; his lack of focus did not help much in getting the job done. At times he managed to put the thoughts of Lucia aside, but eventually, the images of his former couple came back to haunt him.

Until the images stopped being a daydream and became a reality, in the form of Lucia in the flesh, standing so tall that the building closest to her could barely make it up to her knee.

Carl became paralyzed when his former girlfriend showed up, standing with arms akimbo at the edge of the office park. She had not lost an ounce of her stunning beauty but had added several thousand tons of raw power to her angry madness. It was suddenly obvious that she was searching for something, and he could not help but realize that the something in question was him.

Carl understood in an instant that he was trapped. With Lucia standing at the point where the office park road met the highway, there was no other possible exit. Then, he saw her evil smirk and felt his blood freezing when he realized that she had set the trap for him, setting the building ablaze to attract him to an enclosed spot.

With nowhere to go, his only option was to use her relatively tiny size to go unnoticed. He looked down when he felt Lucia’s piercing gaze scan the crowd. She did move for a while, which he took as a very good sign. And then, just as he was trying to think that maybe there was a way out after all, his ex’s thundering voice made his bones rattle as she said:

“Carl Haldeman, I’m here for you!”

When several of his new colleagues turned to look at him, he knew he was lost. And still, he found himself trying to get away, even if he knew there was no hope.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia observed as Carl pushed his way through his colleagues first and through the crowd just a bit later, getting deeper and deeper into the office park. He was moving to the spot where some SUVs had tried to flee in her previous visit, an area that she had rendered useless with a few well-placed stomps. She sneered with satisfaction. If an SUV could not get through it, there was no way Carl would, so all he was doing was getting more and more cornered. It played well enough for her. The farther away he was from the mob, the easier it would be to get him.

All she had to do was to cross the office park, which was an easy enough task for someone like her. There was only the minor problem of the burning buildings and the thick crowd in her path.

Lucia’s first instinct was simply to ignore the obstacles and trample them, much like she had done with anything that had stood in her path since she had fully embraced her new condition. A familiar itch made her stop and grin. She had had a wicked idea, her favorite sort over the last few hours.

The crowd, which had been especially panicky ever since she had shown up, became even jumpier as soon as she removed her hands from her hips and took her first step into the office park.

A few abandoned cars became two-dimensional under her feet as she advanced unhindered for a few steps, until the crowd started having trouble backing up fast enough. She stopped by the time she was a couple of steps away from crushing the first groups and immediately above the burning buildings.

Even in the intense midday warmth of a bright summer day, Lucia could distinctively feel the dry heat of the fuel-amplified flames in her legs and lower torso. The firemen had stopped spraying water onto them, and they were starting to revive.

“Need any help with this?” she asked in a clear mocking tone.

No one understood what she was referring to but her. Lucia gave them the first hint when she squatted right in front of the first burning building, resting her hands on her knees as she spread her legs apart.

Lucia had drunk over a hundred thousand gallons of water to wash down the hundreds of people she had swallowed back at BioChem, and that water was now looking for a way out.

A golden torrent of warm piss roared out of Lucia’s womanhood almost right away, hitting the burning building with enough force as to rip three of the already weakened floors out. Lucia could not prevent giggling in amusement at the unexpected results of her intimate action as gallon after gallon of high-pressure urine kept hitting the building and beyond, damaging the structure at the same time it put out the flames with an ease that ridiculed the fire brigade’s efforts.

Of course, this was far from the only effect of Lucia’s micturition. Her downpour went well beyond the building, hitting the ground and forming an advancing tide that caught dozens of unsuspecting citizens and dragged them around as if they had been mere ants.

Her loud laughter indicated what she felt of their pathetic efforts as she kept relieving herself, the heavy flow of deadly liquid lasting for over a minute before she felt her bladder begin to empty.

The fire was completely put out in the two affected buildings by the time Lucia let the last drops hit the ground under her. By that time, over a hundred people had been injured, a few seriously, at the mischievous playfulness of the cruel giant. Given their relative position, firemen had been among the most affected group.

Carl had not been among them, his cowardice having made him move away from the area before Lucia had started and having trapped him on the far end of the office park. It was time to take care of him, once and for all.

She was about to stand up when she felt something slide out of her ass. It hit the ground with a loud plop before she could do anything to remedy it. Lucia realized too late that in her squatting position she had been widening her asshole quite a bit, apparently enough for the previously confined space to become spacious enough for Phil to move. A quick look down showed her a red splotch in the spot where his corpse had hit the asphalt.

Lucia frowned as she took a step back and knelt, trying to get closer to the tiny body. The pool of blood quickly forming under him left no doubt about his physical condition. Even while squatting, it had been a drop over a hundred feet for the tiny fucker.

She cursed, the fact that she had lost Phil in such a silly way making her upset. And still, she knew that she had made him pay for all she had done to her, and then some. If anything, she should have been surprised that the bastard had lasted for so long.

Lucia stood back up and looked at the tiny form of the very dead Phil from her full height. And then, out of instinct, she raised her right foot as much as she could and stomped on him, digging her foot twenty feet on the ground, shaking the entire office park and sending everyone on it off their feet. She repeated the operation three more times, focused on disintegrating the remnants of the shithead beyond any possibility for recognition.

She was reasonably satisfied. No one could have said that she had not closed the circle with Phil. It was time to take care of Carl.

The last thing Lucia was going to do was to step on her own piss, so she took a quick detour around the area she had flooded, crushing a few dozen unlucky fools that had thought they had escaped the worst. She barely paid them any heed as she cleared the last of them out and stood beyond the group, the tiny figure of Carl as she unsuccessfully tried to climb an earthen wall being the only thing she cared about.

“You don’t know just how pathetic you look from up here, Carl!” she boomed as she started walking after him, swaggering sensually as she did.

She was a couple of steps away when her dickhead ex realized that he was not going to climb the wall and tried to escape from her by running to the side. She quickly prevented that by planting a foot the size of a city bus on his path. Carl turned, but it was even easier for Lucia to block his new attempt with her other foot.

“I’m half tempted to crush you and be done with it, but this would be just too quick for you. You deserve so much better!” she said as she started bending at the waist.

Carl looked up and felt momentarily dazed by the bouncing of her pendulum-like breasts as she came down upon him. Lucia giggled, which seemed to bring him back to reality, only to notice her approaching right hand. He tried to react in the last minute, but there was nothing he could do to avoid the already extended fingers, which pinched him on his chest and back, lifting him upwards with the force of the space shuttle at launch a moment later.

Lucia held the inch-tall version of her ex in front of her determined eyes for a few seconds before he recovered from her rough handling. She smiled evilly when he started screaming.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

The only reason only Carl realized that he had wet his pants was that the firefighter’s uniform was very resilient when it came to this sort of stuff. All his bravery, all his determination, all his heroism suddenly disappeared as the most intense fear he had ever experience took over every cell in his body.

He would have already been terrified if any other woman turned giant had picked him up like this. The fact that it was Lucia made it very much worse, and not only because she had a few pending accounts with him.

Even if Carl had not seen what Lucia had done already, he would have been terrified at the perspective of having her ex turned into such a powerful creature. He had got to know her enough to have a theory about the sort of person that type of power would awaken.

As soon as they had got close enough, Lucia had shown herself as a wild woman without too many inhibitions. While this was amazing when it came to sex, it had also meant that she had had more frequent violent explosions than he was willing to live with.

Carl was no psychologist, but he had sensed the deep conflict inside Lucia between the cocky, popular college student she had thought she was and the underdog secretary that she had become. He had seen a bit of both, and for some reason, it felt as if only the worst parts of both personalities managed to prevail when under pressure.

Only God knew what that character could do in someone the size of Godzilla.

Her words made his bones rattle and were promptly followed by a warm gust of air, being so close to her thick lips as he was:

“You tiny piece of shit!”

Carl did not know where he got the strength to reply or the words that came out of his mouth, but he did:

“Lucia, you have to stop this madness!”

The loud laughter that came after was not a good herald to what was about to come.

“Madness? Really? You know what I call madness? Being harassed at work is madness. Being pushed around by everyone is madness. Being cheated by a little piece of shit like you is madness. Having the power to finally do something about it is not!”

Carl tried to look for some words, but he was unable to. It did not look as if Lucia would react well to anything he said, and besides, he was just too terrified to think.

“I came to meet your blonde bitch, by the way,” she said in a casual tone. Carl felt his blood freeze at the mention of Jennifer. When Lucia’s lips curled into a smirk, he feared the worst. What came exceeded his worst expectations: “You always had good taste with women. She was delicious.”

Carl was having a hard time to understand the implications of what Lucia had just said. It was not possible, right? It was simply, not possible.

“Do you regret anything of what you did to me?” Lucia then asked.

Carl was about to plea when his pride kicked in and demanded him not to bend so low. Deep inside, he knew he was dead, anyway. He might as well go with some dignity.

“The only thing I regret is not dumping you before, you crazy bitch!”

He realized about his mistake when she frowed.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Finally setting her fingers on Carl had unleashed waves of power inside her beyond anything she had experienced before. The fact that she had tricked him into the ideal scenario for her to catch him made the entire thing so much better.

Lucia’s nipples swelled to unheard of proportions as she let the ecstasy of the moment take over her. Her cunt was damper than ever and craving for attention. Her sexual needs might not be as basic as eating, but she had been postponing them for too long. Now that she had Carl, though, the time for pushing this out was over.

And still, she wanted to humiliate him a little first. It did not last long, though. Carl was an expert when it came to pissing her off, and the new Lucia was not in the mood for being mocked.

“The only thing I regret is not dumping you before, you crazy bitch!” he said.

She felt her blood boiling, up to the point where she was about to crush him between her fingers. She managed to restrain herself though. She then took a deep breath and changed to a colder expression.

“Take a deep breath, Carl. I doubt you’ll survive our last fuck, but it would be nice if you could last longer than usual!”

Without further words, Lucia moved her fingers down the immensity of her body, bringing the tiny Carl in front of her neatly trimmed Brazilian strip. Fingers from her free hand were already maneuvering to widen her lower lips, which gleamed with moisture. She did not waste time sliding him in, using a now free index finger to push him further. As soon as she was inside, Lucia removed her hands and waited for the fireworks. It soon became evident that they would not come.

Carl’s presence was certainly noticeable. However, Lucia soon realized that there was only so much a one-inch man could do. It was not for lack of trying. Carl was as vigorous as ever as he kicked and moved around, apparently trying to find a way out even if he ended up pushing himself deeper into her with every stroke. But there was no way his pathetic efforts were going to cause much more that a bit of stirring.

As a matter of fact, the psychological stimulation was so much better than the physical one! The thought of having her cheating ex inside her was exhilarating, even if he was too puny to bring her anywhere close to pleasure.

Lucia tried to spark him a bit with a finger, but even if she ended up pushing her tiny lover around a couple of times, she did not get anything better after each of the attempts.

In parallel, her nipples kept demanding attention and, without any better option around, Lucia ended up bringing one hand to her breasts while the other rested on her pussy, fingers gently massaging her clit.

Lucia’s fingers were quite more successful in exciting her than her ex had been, and soon she found herself moaning loudly as she stood at the edge of the office park, left hand fondling her breasts as the right one started stroking her pussy faster and faster.

Lucia wondered how the entire experience must be feeling for Carl as she kept bringing herself closer and closer to climax. For the first time since her growth, she dreamed of having someone else her size, man or woman, to have a more fulfilling experience. She was not against masturbation, but she had had to resort to it very few times, considering just how easy it was for her to get a lover for the night.

And then, it struck her: Carl may not be enough, but this did not mean that she had to do everything on her own! Lucia panted as she removed her hands from her erogenous areas and looked around, quickly locating the nearest group of tinies with a smirk.

“I wonder how many of you I will need to do to get some fireworks going!” she threatened as she took a first step towards them.

They tried to get away from her. It was to no avail. All it took Lucia were half a dozen casual steps to get over the crowd. She was haphazard as she crouched and scooped a handful of people in her hand. She inspected its contents and gave her captives one single instruction.

“Make me cum and, if you survive, you are free to go!”

She did not wait for an answer. Instead, she just moved her hand down and started to slide men and women in with dexterous moves of her fingers. She must have over a dozen of them by the time she was done.

Lucia had not known too well what to expect when she had decided to move in the orgy direction. Now she knew that the results were intoxicating.

Carl had not been able to do much, all alone in the immensity of her cavernous cunt. He had lacked the size and he had lacked the strength. It was so different with a crowd instead of a single individual. Each of them was still missing enough strength to do much on their own but being stimulated at so many points of her vagina at once was a new and amazing experience that was making Lucia move towards a massive orgasm at a steady pace.

Her right hand found her clit once more, massaging it with vigor in order to complement the efforts of her forced lovers and accelerating the whole process. She was still lacking some attention on her tits, though.

Lucia’s ass hit the ground without warning, bringing one of the damaged buildings to the ground as a result of the massive shake and sending everyone off their feet. They had not had time to stand up by the time Lucia’s free hand scooped another handful of people as her other hand kept working her womanhood in a team effort with a dozen or so people.

She was rough as she released her new captives in the valley between her two massive mounds of flesh. For some it meant their death, as they rolled past her mountainous breasts and down to the ground. Others found enough leverage to stay in the soft skin of her tits or to cling to her massive nipples for dear life. Things got a bit easier when she lied on her back, a new group of unwilling partners soon raining into her mammoth breasts to complement the efforts of the first ones.

Lucia used a finger of her pussy hand to stir those inside into action after she felt some loss of vigor. At the same time, she used her free hand to massage those on her tits against her soft flesh.

“Lick my fucking nipples!” she commanded as she felt the climax approaching.

Her moans could now be heard all the way to the city as she kept pleasuring herself for the entire world to see. The newscast had suddenly been turned into a porn movie, and all over the world news producers exchanged calls with network owners to decide what to do about it.

When the orgasm finally came it was the best one in Lucia’s entire life. She did not think she had been so skillfully touched ever before. Her cry in the moment of truth could be heard for miles and sent everyone in the vicinity to their knees with their hands on their ears. She did not notice. She just kept panting as she enjoyed the aftermath of the weirdest and wildest sex she had ever had.

A quick look at her bloodied hands told her about the fate of those that had been over her breasts as she massaged them. A moving finger inside her cunt found the expected lack of response as she searched for potential survivors.

The Sun was all the way up in the sky by then. Lucia kept panting as its rays baked her already tanned skin, making it glow as she kept breathing hard and moaning.

And then, as she thanked God once more for having given her the power she was now enjoying, Lucia dozed off.

 

 
*************************************
Author's note

As I mentioned these last weeks, I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 

So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: gumroad.com/l/vuVni

To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks!

 

 

Chapter 14 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 14

 

“You were as aware as me of our testing practices. Your team was the one putting the pressure on us!” Rudolph Lang complained.

This made Secretary of Defense Burton explode. He had always been a hot-tempered man:

“You don’t get to try and blame me for this!” he barked. “We have been pouring billions into your company so that you would give us a super-soldier, and after seven years all you’ve managed to produce is an angry secretary the size of a skyscraper!”

Lang felt intimidated by the man. It was one of the first times in his life this happened to him. The screen on Burton’s improvised office showed aerial images of the gigantic Lucia Torres sleeping next to an office park she had trashed. Before drowsing, the heinous woman had eaten hundreds of his employees and used a few dozen other people as sex toys. No one in the history of the country had generated so much animosity as the former employee of BioChem turned giant was causing now. Lang could not prevent thinking just how ravishing she looked as she lied down, her chest rhythmically moving up and down as she rested in perfect peace.

“Why don’t you bomb her?” he asked.

He could see Burton’s face getting red.

“Because we are not fucking ready! It’s not as if we were waiting for you to screw up in order to attack a giant woman in an eight-million people city!”

Lang understood that he should better remain in silence. Burton did not say anything else for a few seconds, so both men kept looking at the screen. This gave him the time to think. It took him a few seconds to realize that he should not be in an office with the Secretary of Defense. No matter how much money he had put into his campaign or how many connections he had, after a mess like the one his company had created, he should be sitting in a cell. Lang’s sharp mind found the answer to the riddle fast enough.

“What do you need from me?” he asked, trying to suppress a smile.

He enjoyed seeing Burton surprised at his question. The man recovered fast enough, in any case.

“We need your egghead’s help to kill the bitch. And then we need to learn how you created her in the first place.”

Lang did not reply right away. He knew he was walking on thin ice and had to be careful. He finally decided that there was no indirect way to approach the situation.

“What’s in it for me, then?” he asked carefully.

Burton was clearly containing his anger when he replied:

“You can either be the villain that created a monster or the hero that helped save a city. It’s your choice which story you want the public to get.”

“I see,” Lang replied.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia felt the sweet caress of the afternoon breeze as she gradually started the transition from sleep to wakefulness. In those brief moments of low consciousness, all she managed to feel was a deep sense of fulfillment. Recent memories started then flooding her cognizant mind and made her moan. When full awareness finally hit, gallons of adrenaline were pumped into Lucia’s bloodstream, making her sit down in a hurry and look around her, scanning for threats.

Her heartbeat went back to a more calmed pace as she breathed heavily. Her surroundings were as diminutive as she remembered. They were also empty of any immediate menace.

Feeling safe, Lucia quickly evolved into a state of bliss.

It had not been a dream! She was a giant woman, an incredibly powerful creature sitting in the middle of a city that had become her private playground!

Lucia doubted any dream she could have come up with in her past life could have matched the joy she was feeling in this precise moment, a moment when all her previous life felt just like the preamble to her new reality. It had been a crappy preamble, but she did not care anymore. Even if she was not sure she would make it alive to the end of the day, the previous twenty-seven years of her life were nothing compared to the experience she was living.

Thinking about it, Lucia looked down to see the gory mess on her chest. She used her fingernails to peel a couple of corpses that had become stuck to her sweaty breasts when she had smeared them into her massive mounds of flesh in a moment of passion. Examining them from up close, Lucia could see just how disfigured they had got, smudged beyond recognition by her ecstatic fondling. No wonder her bosom was so dirty.

She reached down and slid a finger inside her cunt, immediately feeling the unmoving bodies inside. Spreading her legs a bit more as she kept seating, she started to pull them out, tiny corpses falling into the warm asphalt together with drops of her sticky love juices.

Calm as she was, she could count thirteen bodies in the pile by the time her pussy was empty. The last one was wearing the familiar uniform of a fireman. Lucia picked the inch-long body between her fingers and brought him all the way to her face, smirking as she recognized the partially crushed body of her ex.

Comparing his fate to Phil’s, she could only think that Carl had got the best deal. The new, cruel and vindictive Lucia would have loved to make the tiny bastard suffer even more, but she did not think his parting from the world had been easy in any case.

Then, quite impulsively, Lucia opened her mouth and tossed Carl’s very dead body inside, swallowing him in one go. It had been an irrational move, but Lucia did not feel bad about it. Not after all she had done already. Patting her tummy, she whispered:

“You can be with your blonde bitch for eternity!”

With her immediate curiosity satisfied, Lucia let her mind widen its scope and wondered how long she had been sleeping. The office park was completely empty, so there was no one around to ask. The highway, still close by, would probably offer some volunteers, but rather than standing up, Lucia simply looked at the sky and noticed that the Sun had been travelling quite a bit since the last time she had looked at it. Its position, half the way to the horizon, told her that it was probably midafternoon.

Lucia’s first reaction was one of guilt, since she realized that she had probably wasted two or three hours of her new, marvelous existence. She was feeling way too good to feel guilty, though. She did not recall ever having felt so blissful, so much at peace, so much in control.

Her new motto in life was Carpe Diem, so there was no point in mourning for what had not been. Instead, she should focus on what she would do.

Lucia’s first observation was that she had not been attacked. For all she knew, no one had even showed up near her while the survivors of the office park had done their best to get away from the scene. Lucia knew that the army had been getting ready before she had felt asleep, but there was no trace of their presence nearby.

“They don’t know how to hurt me!” the giantess thought, realizing that this was the only possible reason for the army not having attacked her. After all she could not think of a better chance for the jarheads than the time she had been sleeping.

The realization made Lucia especially proud, which physically manifested itself by a very noticeable hardening of her nipples.

Maybe she had been too pessimistic, she thought. Maybe she had given too much for granted that she would end up dead. Maybe she was even tougher than she had come to realize. She tried not to get too excited, but Lucia started to think that what had happened to her could be even better than she had believed.

A quick look up showed her that her entourage of news choppers, diminished after she had reacted after being challenged, was still around, showing every second of Lucia’s new life to the world. She did not mind, since even while she was sleeping, they had learned to keep their distance.

Lucia had reached a point where she had to make her mind up. For sure, she was not going to stay in an abandoned and semi-destroyed office park. What to do, though?

She had worked through her black list with brutal efficiency during the morning. Carl was dead. His bitch was dead. Phil was dead. And BioChem was gone, with dozens of its former employees having served as breakfast. Lucia had also brought down the first company she had ever worked for in Kingston. Sure, there were still a few other places where she had been mistreated and a few other people that had crossed her, but the truth was that she had dealt with the worst of them.

So, what to do now? Her body was asking her to just let go and get to the city, to indulge and have the time of her life before the final fight finally came. She wanted to be remembered, even if she knew the light she would be painted on would be anything but favorable. It suited her well, as long as people pronounced her name with a mix of fear and admiration in the years to come. Lucia Torres would finally transcend.

And still… she sensed she had an opportunity. The army guys might not be ready for her, but she was definitely ready for them. And maybe she had the chance to strike first, the chance to deal a decisive blow and turn the tables. Yes, it was not time for indulgence. At least, not yet.

The good news were that the path to the airport would bring her all across Downtown, so even if she meant business, she would still have the chance to enjoy her size and power. It was the least she could do. After all, she might be the one looking for the fight, now, but she still could not be sure about its outcome. And whatever it happened, she wanted to make sure that she would make the most of out the experience.

Lucia felt more determined than ever as she stood up, her fit muscles feeling stronger than ever. Her head soon cleared the rubble of her surroundings as she turned to face the city, placing her hands on her hips as she pushed her chest out and sneered at the sight.

“Ready or not, here I come!” she purred.

It was then, ready to get into the city, when she realized that her wild morning had had its tax on her. Always mindful about her appearance, Lucia knew she was not at her peak. She had long ago accepted her imposed nudity, and truth be told, she had not minded too much showing her imposing curves to the world ever since she had changed her mindset about the entire giantess thing. But one thing was being naked and the other was being dirty. Bloodstains covered her anatomy, with especial intensity in her breasts, and both her exertion and the sex had resulted in considerable perspiration. The sweat was already dry, but its stickiness and odor were not.

Her first reaction was simply to ignore it all, but her old instincts prevailed, and Lucia soon found herself looking for a solution. Thankfully, her height increase had come together with an amazing improvement of her sight. Staring at the world from her new vantage point of view, she soon found a suitable solution.

The straightest path towards Downtown first and the airport later was obvious enough. I-377 was right next to the office park and led straight into the heart of the city. So, all Lucia would have needed to do was to get into the highway and trample her way towards her objective, enjoying the feeling of crushing everything on the black ribbon that had taken so many hours of her life away.

There was another option though. One that suited her needs. From her height, Lucia set her sights on the Conaway and followed its winding meandering as it got into the city and crossed it, moving into the direction of the sea and the airport. Wide, deep and mighty, the Conaway was one of the largest rivers in the country and one of the characteristic landmarks of Kingston, almost as popular as its beaches. Very important for the city’s economy thanks to its fluvial traffic, the Conaway was not popular for leisure. Its faster than average currents as it approached its mouth didn’t make it advisable for swimmers or even sailors. Somehow, Lucia felt that she would not have a problem.

Her mind set on the objective, Lucia removed her hands from her hips and started walking towards the nearest point where she could meet the river. This forced her to move cross-country, stepping out of the office park through the ramp where she had intercepted the SUVs earlier in the day, in what looked like ages ago. To Lucia, all it required to save the formidable obstacle was a slightly higher than usual step.

The giantess went back to her usual swagger when she walked uninterrupted, her feet sinking deeper than usual in the soft grassy surface, leaving even more recognizable footprints. The next obstacle appeared not long after, when her path met a small forest area that separated the stretch of land she had been walking on from a gentle slope that would bring her back to civilization. From up high, she thought the trees were white oaks, but it was hard to be sure, especially when the tallest one barely managed to make it past her knees. Lucia stopped for an instant and then decided to resume her path, not seeing any way around that would not imply a considerable detour.

Lucia’s fit legs started meeting the apparently solid trunks of the oaks. It was a very one-sided battle, as her muscles worked without effort to push the trees apart, uprooting some while her knees split some others apart. The soft caress of the leaves on Lucia’s lower thighs tickles as she kept on wiping the forest out with insulting ease. She moaned as her nipples swelled. When she felt her cunt dampening again, Lucia realized that her libido has become so large that a single orgasm would not do it. She did not mind, though, since she now knew how to take care of this specific need.

With the forest now cleared, and the wake of her pass very noticeable behind her, Lucia went on, walking down the hill and approaching a suburban area. She could only smile when the screams and chaos her sudden presence had caused reached her eyes and ears. She could see cars crash into each other in the narrow streets between two and three-story houses, people abandoning their homes and forming a medium-sized crowd and some others rushing into their homes for whatever protection they could offer. They had obviously not been ready for her. After all, Lucia had covered a few miles in a matter of minutes and showed up when no one was expecting her.

She enjoyed the view of so many upper-class people suddenly noticing her power. There was no doubt that this was an affluent residential area. Its location was already telling, but if that had not been enough, the cars now filling the streets and the relative sizes of the houses that lined up on both sides of them were revealing.

Lucia advanced in silence for another minute and stopped when she was about to get into the suburb. Her looming presence, now so close that the shakes of her steps were starting to make cars and people bounce, brought the panic a couple of notches higher. She could only love the effect she had on the mob. It was one of the most inebriating consequences of her transformation.

She stood there, arms akimbo, observing the tiny bastards, now barely a few inches from her toes, and reveled in the power she had over them. It was overwhelming, making her feel euphoric. The fact that they were rich made it even better.

“I guess this is the moment when you realize that money does not matter,” Lucia mocked.

As expected, she did not get any reply. The inch-tall fuckers seemed to be more interested in trying to put as much distance between them and her as possible.

Lucia simply raised her foot and moved it forward in an exaggerated stride. Her sole landed on two cars and what had to be half a dozen people, crushing them into one of her characteristic footprints. It had seemed impossible, but the intensity of the screams increased even further, making them very audible even from her formidable height. Her left foot soon joined the right, crushing a few more members of Kingston’s upper class.

“Size matters. Strength matters. Power matters. And you can’t buy those things!” Lucia taunted.

A group of people desperately tried to get away from her path and dashed into a house that had had a wide-open door. Lucia noticed and frowned. She was learning that one of the things that made her the most upset were the attempts to fool her. Her right foot was soon looming over the house’s roof. It was not nearly its size. But when it stomped down it did not matter. Pushed by thousands of tons of giant woman, the foot broke through the roof as if had made of rice paper. The subsequent floors were no more of an issue. A second later, Lucia’s foot had reached the basement and the house was crumbling around her calf.

“You really think your dollhouses will save you?”

To prove her point, she kicked the next, a three-story structure that stood out from its neighbors. And then, she started walking through the houses, moving to adjacent streets without warning, finishing dozens of shocked citizens without barely crossing a word with them. She had no reason to do that, only the fact that she found it amusing. And the hatred she had built for all those that had tagged her as a monster and had been demanding that she be brought down ever since she had woken up.

By the time she had reached the opposite side of the suburb, Glen Heights looked like a war zone. Lucia had not been especially brutal or methodical, but it did not matter. Her mere presence, together with her complete lack of respect for human life and property had turned the originally rich neighborhood into a nightmare.

Most of its population had actually made it out of her trek alive, but their lives would never be the same. Ruined, broken and humiliated, they would never look at life like before. All they could do as the massive woman moved away from their community was stare at the rhythmical bouncing of her rock-hard ass cheeks as she swaggered in the direction of the city.

To Lucia, her short trek though the rich borough had merely been an amusement as well as a new chance to affirm herself in her new condition. She wanted the world to notice her presence, to feel her wrath, to understand what happened when it pushed a person around too much. Rich people were a good enough proxy for that.

She forgot about them the moment she left the area, finding herself in open filed once again. Trees were more scattered here, but Lucia still enjoyed the occasional one toppling as it met the almost infinite strength of her legs. She did not change her direction even a tiny bit as she kept moving towards her intermediate destination, the appealing waters of the Conaway.

A couple of farms and an old mill met the same fate as the trees as Lucia passed through them; she would never know if there had been people inside. She did not care, either.

She reached her destination soon enough, stopping a step before getting her toes wet. The Conaway was impressive, even from her new, magnificent height. Lucia had quickly got used to how ridiculous the new world looked next to her, so meeting something that could compare to her new proportions was a refreshing change of landscape.

And still, the sight of the Conaway was a new indication of just how prodigious Lucia had become. She remembered trekking and having picnic close to the spot where she was now, a dent of nature into the large metropolitan area of Kingston. She also remembered having sex there, in one of the many secluded points the area offered. The river had looked incredibly wide; on cloudy days it was even hard to see the opposite river bank.

Things had changed a lot. Standing by its strong current, Lucia judged the Conaway to be ten to fifteen times as wide as she was tall. Still a considerable width, but nothing compared to how it had looked like. While Lucia would never have dared trying to swim across the Conaway before, she was now convinced that she would be able to wade across the waterway with ease.

Eager to prove her theory, she simply moved forward, bringing her right foot into the water. It met the bottom by the time the waterline had barely reached her anklebone. Lucia’s left foot followed, and she stopped, enjoying the refreshing coolness of the water in her soiled feed.

Having walked barefoot over the burning asphalt for most of the day, the giant welcomed the slight chilliness of the water, which contrasted nicely with the torrid July weather. Truth be told, Lucia had expected the water to be warmer, but the stream, coming straight from a tall mountain range two thousand miles to the north, had managed to keep the temperature of the temperature of the water as it flowed into warmer lands. She welcomed it. Lucia had never been afraid of a little chill, and she enjoyed the nice contrast with the climate outside.

Enjoying a moment of total calm probably for the first time since waking up, Lucia remained standing, looking at the world around her with her hands on her hips. The river ahead of her was reasonably empty, but she only had to move her sight a little to the left to see that she was not far away from the action.

The Conaway led directly into the city, and she could see the first busy bridges not too far from where she was standing. If she scanned a little further, the city kept rising until she met the characteristic Kingston skyline, the popular Downtown skyscrapers shooting to the sky and dwarfing their neighbors. I-377 would have been a more direct route, but Lucia was convinced that the Conaway would be a more interesting one.

Incredibly content with the situation, she started moving, wading across the water current, its well-known strength barely noticed against her powerful thighs. The waterline gradually rose as she crossed the river, finally topping off by the time it was caressing her lower thighs, a foot or so below her neatly trimmed pubic hair. This was yet another proof of her new magnitude! The Conaway was well known for its depth, especially as it got closer to the see, but even then, it could not compare to her!

Lucia moaned in deep satisfaction, smiled and started to gracefully crouch, letting the chilly water massage more and more of her prodigious body, until she was in the catcher’s position. Happy with the pleasurable contrast, the giant then let herself drop backwards, sitting on the soft riverbed, letting the water cover her imposing figure all the way to her upper chest, only her neck and head clearing the surface.

She moaned again, feeling the current cool her sunbaked skin, accelerating the process of tanning her day-long exposure to the fierce summer sun had started. Lucia had always had a healthy tan, but her day as a nude giant had made her skin color evolve to an even more appealing bronzing tone.

Her fingers soon started working, fondling her skin, rubbing the gore away as the water rinsed the sweat. She gently massaged her breasts, stomach, arms and legs. She caressed her womanhood, cleaning the effects of her lovemaking. She then rubbed her hands and soles, clearly the areas of her body where the effects of her day were more visible.

The water around Lucia took on a brownish hue as she got rid of the dirt and gore that had been stuck to it. Her demeanor became gradually calmer as she enjoyed the peace while knowing that it was merely a short break in the greatest day of her life.

Absolutely content, Lucia then let herself drop backwards, submerging her head into the cool water, feeling her long dark hair getting drenched as her face cooled down just like the rest of her body. She opened her large brown eyes and enjoyed the kaleidoscopic effect of the sunrays as they hit the surface. The sounds of her surroundings, now muffled in the water, became a almost a lullaby, sending her back into a sleepy state.

Lucia let herself go and her body started getting pushed upwards by the water. Despite weighing thousands of tons, the giant was still less dense than water. She marveled as she felt her body floating. The current quickly took hold of her and started dragging her forward. She did not mind at all, since, after all, she was being pushed towards her destination, the city.

Lucia kept her arms and legs open wide as to keep the balance as she felt the Conaway bringing her forward. And then, she let her imagination fly.

Could she really stop the eggheads and jarheads before they found a way to bring her down? Could she really change her fate? What would she do if she managed to succeed? Images of herself, standing triumphant in the city, uncontested, flashed through her mind. She tried to keep them at bay. She knew she did not have anything to gain from wishful thinking. It would make her relax, waste the change she had been given. Lucia’s mission was to make the most of the day. And if she survived, to make a most of the next one. Long term planning would only bring her defeat and frustration.

And why should she think long run when she had so much to do?

Her train of thought was interrupted by a sudden stop of her floating, followed by the familiar feeling of something breaking at her feet and an eruption of screams and horns.

Thrown off balance, Lucia sank in the river, only to reappear a second later, standing up as water cascaded down her colossal figure like the Niagara. It took her some seconds to grasp her surroundings. She smirked evilly when she did.

Lucia was back on her feet, the waterline reaching back to her mid-thigh. She pressed her wet, long hair behind her ears to get a clear view of the landscape immediately ahead and chuckled when she saw the four-lane bridge standing right in front of her crotch.

Her impact with the structure, which had felt mild to her, had clearly been quite worse for the bridge and the people on it. Lucia was already used to seeing packed roads. It was the effect of her presence. People rushed to get as far away from her as possible but got their attention grabbed by her phenomenal nature all the same, which always ended up resulting in busy roads and multiple accidents that made them impassable. The bridge was no exception.

Ignoring the screams as she focused on the infrastructure, Lucia understood what had happened. Her right foot had hit one of the pillars of the beam bridge and had split it in two. Suddenly missing one of its supports, a full section of the bridge had cracked and was threatening with collapsing. She could not prevent feeling amused by the dire consequences of such a simple action.

“The closer I look, the punier you get,” Lucia boomed from above.

The crowd’s attention, at least for those right in front of her, was divided between her threatening presence and the constantly increasing groans of the road they were standing at.

Lucia decided to up the ante. Taking a small step to the front, she advanced until her naked cunt was almost in contact with the road, her neatly trimmed Brazilian strip looming over the commuters. She then moved her right foot under the water, until her toes were in contact with the furthermost pillar that held the section of the bridge she was facing. It was the pillar directly behind the one she had accidentally brought down while floating.

The increase in the groans soon reached the crowd, which understood that the giant woman was doing something, even if they did not know exactly what.

“The water is amazing! Will you join me?” Lucia mocked.

She then pushed with her toes at the base of the pillar, smirking when she felt the reinforced concrete buckle under the pressure of her toes. Encouraged by the ease of it all, Lucia moved her foot a bit up the column and increased the pressure, chuckling when she noticed a crack. It only took another push to feel the pillar snap.

The results were almost immediate, like a house of cards suddenly coming down. With nothing to hold them, the two sections of the bridge that had rested on that particular set of columns collapsed. Large chunks of the road, together with whatever and whoever was standing on them, broke off the surface and rained in the water below. Most of the road still managed to stay together, splitting in half and starting to quickly lean towards the water below. Cars and people started sliding down the roadway, unable to take hold of anything. They fell into the cool river water by the hundreds, quickly followed by what remained of the concrete deck.

Lucia let a loud laugh out at the impressive effects of her apparently little gesture. A section of the bridge that spanned about twice her height had ceased to be in merely seconds; everything that had been on it was now laying at the riverbed, buried under countless tons of rubble.

Impressed with herself, the giant simply moved forward, her soles crushing remainders of the formerly magnificent infrastructure as she crossed the imaginary line it had formed. She looked at both sides as she advanced, smiling at the shocked drivers and pedestrians that had miraculously survived her game, making her mind up to ignore them and focus on what lied ahead.

 

 

*************************************
Author's note

As I mentioned these last weeks, I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 

So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: gumroad.com/l/vuVni

To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks!

 

Chapter 15 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 15

 

Colonel Sherman could not have despised the scientists sitting across him in the improvised meeting room any more. And still, he had no option but to listen to them. They were responsible for the nightmare the city was living, but at the same time, they were also the only ones that could give him some clue about how to deal with it.

As specialist on advanced weaponry, General Colt had assigned him the task of finding out the most effective way to stop the giant bitch. One thing he had learned was that it would not be easy. The screen was showing footage of the colossal Lucia Torres being hit by a TOW missile and of the aftermath. He could still not believe that she had not been seriously hurt. TOWs were used to destroy heavily armored tanks.

Sherman had been ready to accept that gunfire would not have a serious effect on Miss Torres, but the lack of effectiveness of the missile made him doubt many of the other weapons he had at his disposal.

“How can that be possible?” he asked, pointing at the screen.

Colonel Sherman had insisted on keeping Rudolph Lang out of the meeting. The last thing he needed was the CEO of BioChem interfering. He disliked his R&D staff as much as him, but without their boss around, the eggheads could still prove to be useful.

Quite predictably, the first one to talk was Lyman Stahl, the Senior VP of R&D. The only reason he had let him into the meeting was that he was supposed to be as much of a genius as he was an asshole.

“Of course, we don’t know for sure yet. But the prevailing theory at the moment is that the drug working inside Miss Torres had the effect of triggering a massive cell replication. This alone would explain her scale, but it cannot explain some other aspects of her transformation, though. At her size, her bones should not be able to hold her weight, her muscles should not be able to move her around, her lungs should not be able to breathe.”

“I see her doing quite well,” Colonel Sherman snapped.

“Which indicates that GC-226 is doing something else,” Stahl added, not sounding affected by the officer’s sharp tone.

“What exactly?”

“Well, at this point we can only speculate… but we originally designed the GC drug series as a performance enhancer. The purpose was to create an enhanced soldier, someone that would be resilient, strong and tough enough to gain a considerable advantage in the battlefield,” Stahl said.

Colonel Sherman was not taken by surprise by the comment. He had been briefed during his flight to Kingston. And still, hearing once more that the military was not unrelated to what was happening hurt.

The scientist went on:

“Judging by what we are seeing, GC-226 seems to be doing what it was designed for, if one forgets that it already did much more. The results are spectacular enough, but still within the high range of our simulations.”

“What the hell does that mean?” Sherman asked.

“When we started the project, we estimated that the GC drugs could eventually increase the subject’s strength by a factor of hundreds. Based on what we know about Miss Torres’ size, she would need an enhancement of less than a hundred to be able to move normally,” Stahl said.

“So, you did not make her only bigger, you also made her stronger?” Sherman asked, incredulous. His mission was becoming harder and harder.

When the scientist nodded, he could only add:

“So, how did she survive the missile, then?”

“We simulated that,” Stahl said. “A normal human at Miss Torres’ size would have been considerably hurt by the impact. Based on the specs we got on penetration capacity and explosive load of the missile she was hit with, the effect should have been equivalent to that of a bullet.”

“So?”

“We believe that her physical resilience has increased in a similar proportion to her strength. If we simulate with a factor of one hundred, then the effects we see on the screen can be explained.”

“You designed a drug that would make a soldier bullet-proof?” Colonel Sherman asked, incredulous. He had not been given so many details on the briefing.

“Not to every bullet. But to a standard 9mm? Yes.”

There was a mix of pride and defiance in the scientist’s reply.

“What do we hit her with, then?”

There was a moment of silence. When the answer came, Sherman did not like it at all.

“We don’t know.”

“What the hell does that mean? Haven’t you run your simulations?” he asked in a forceful tone.

“We have… but they are far from conclusive. We are basing all this on an unproven theory, to start with. And, more importantly, even if our assumptions were right, we have no clue about the enhancement factor GC-226 has managed to unlock in Miss Torres. If it were a hundred, we could give you some recommendations. If it is closer to the upper limit of six hundred, though…”

“What if it is closer to that limit?” Sherman inquired.

“At her size, and with such an enhancement factor, nothing short of a direct hit with a nuclear tactical missile would do the trick. Unless you have any secret railgun satellites in orbit and enough precision to hit her.”

The atmosphere in the room darkened, and it had not been very good to start with. Colonel Sherman was both upset at the news and at the smugness of the man that was giving them to him.

“What about chemical warfare?” he inquired.

“Poison?” Stahl said. “It will not work. You would need an extraordinarily concentrated dose, and her enhanced metabolism would clean her system at a faster rate than it would absorb the toxins.”

“There must be some option other than nuking the city!” Sherman finally yelled.

The man to Stahl’s right coughed, trying to get his attention. He had to be in his early forties and looked considerably sharper than the old VP.

“And you are?” Sherman asked.

“Miles Reddington,” the man said with a smile he immediately distrusted.

“So?”

“Burn her,” he said.

“What?” Sherman asked.

“Our models show that Torres will be very hard to kill through concussive or explosive damage. She got too tough. Poison won’t do the trick either. But no living creature is immune to heat. She will resist it better than any other known being, but eventually, enough heat will eat through her.”

A man on the far side of the table chuckled and said:

“So, what are you suggesting, Reddington? A giant flamethrower?”

It was obvious that the man was not loved. Sherman could understand why. He had barely known him for a minute and he already disliked him. His proposal made some sense, though.

“Thermite,” Sherman said.

“Precisely. Do you have some?” Reddington asked.

“We have plenty,” Colonel Sherman replied, suddenly feeling hopeful.

The man who had laughed at Reddington’s comments had been about to reply but had suddenly decided to keep his mouth shut.

“Are you sure it will work?” Sherman asked.

The pompous man smiled and replied:

“Lucia Torres is a living creature, made of carbon. She needs to breathe. She needs to drink. And she is combustible.”

“We’ll make the preparations then,” Sherman said, enjoying the ray of sun that seemed to be filtering through the dark cloud this mission had been so far.

“You cannot do that!”

All heads turned to the edge of the table. Sherman had already noticed the woman that had uttered the words. She had used a grave but sensual voice that matched her looks very well. Her long red head and deep blue eyes had made her stand out as the nerds from BioChem had entered the room.

Younger than most of the rest of attendees, the woman had been seated far away from the core of the conversation. And yet, she had had the guts to interrupt them just when he was about to finish the meeting.

“Excuse me, Miss…?”

“Doctor. Keane. Riley Keane,” she said in a determined tone.

“Do you have any issue with what we have discussed, Miss Keane?”

“You cannot do that,” she simply answered.

“Shut up, Keane!” Miles Reddington jumped in.

“Silence! Let’s hear her,” Sherman said.

“As usual, Mr. Reddington’s proposal is simplistic. He is assuming that intense heat is a good workaround against GC-226’s protection against other types of aggression. It would be true if the nature of the drug were not more complex. GC-226 was not designed only to make soldiers stronger and more resistant. It was also meant to increase their ability to heal and their rate of recovery by orders of magnitude. Assuming that burning her will work is overlooking a fundamental part of the drug design,” the redhead said.

“You are suggesting she would heal from the burns?” Colonel Sherman asked.

“What I’m saying is that we have no clue about how Miss Torres’ body will react if we punish it with intense heat. But it will not stay idle. We have never tested this scenario, so forcing it on someone like her in her current conditions is reckless in the best of cases.”

The dark cloud seemed to be closing again around the Colonel.

“There is no way to heal from continued exposure to intense heat!” Reddington screamed from his corner of the table. He did not seem to be willing to let his moment of glory slip through his fingers.

“There is. If you had ever cared about moving your mouth from Stahl’s ass and done some actual research, you would know,” the redhead said.

Reddington got as red-faced as he had ever seen anyone. He was about to jump from his chair when Colonel Sherman slammed a palm on the table and stopped him on his tracks.

“Stahl?” he asked in a loud tone.

The older man seemed hesitant. It was the first time he saw him like this.

“I… I don’t know.”

“This is fucking great!” Sherman said as he exhaled out of frustration.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Clean, rested and excited after her short experience with the bridge, Lucia was eager for some more action as she waded along the Conaway and in the direction of Downtown.

In that mood, she was never going to let the ferry get away. She had probably advanced about a mile along the cool water when she reached a spot where the river widened even more. With a large office park on the northern bank and a populated residential area on the southern one, the city had decided to establish a ferry line instead of building a bridge that would have ended up being too long. Lucia was about half a mile away when she set her eyes on it, a playful grin forming on her lips.

It did not take long for the commuters to see her. She smiled when she saw the sudden change in the ferry’s wake, a clear indication that it was adjusting its direction and trying to speed up. She could not have cared less. From Lucia’s perspective, the boat was advancing at a snail’s pace, so all she had to do to catch up with him was to continue moving at the same leisurely pace.

She did, putting an unconscious swagger in the process. By the time she had cut about half the distance, Lucia got a better view of the boat and smirked when she noticed just how packed it was. The main deck was teeming with incredibly jumpy people. She quickly understood that she was the cause for the ferry’s stuffing. Those on it were not simply commuting. They were trying to escape her. They had failed. Big time.

Excited, Lucia pushed her pace a little. The ferry was not trying to cross the river anymore. Instead, it had pointed its prow into the direction of the sea and was pushing as hard as it could to get away from her. It was never going to work. At her calm pace, Lucia was many times faster than the sluggish barge. She proved it to its spooked passengers by not stopping once she had caught up. Instead, she simply adjusted her course to walk around it. The boat seemed to be about as long as she was tall, making it one of the largest man-made things she had found so far. It felt motionless as she flanked it, easily getting ahead of it.

Lucia placed her hands on her hips and smiled in satisfaction as the ferry inexorably advanced towards her. Its skipper had tried to change course as soon as Lucia had placed herself in its path, but the boat carried too much momentum. The ship was now so close that the screams of those in its outer deck reached Lucia’s ears, making her heart fill with glee.

She waited until the last moment. And then, she extended a well-toned arm and set her hand around the ferry’s prow, stopping it and its thousands of tons in its tracks without even having to strain herself. The ease of it all send ripples of pleasure along the giant’s body. Feeling playful, Lucia closed her fingers tightly around the bow and rocked the boat, sending hundreds of people off their feet with her casual gesture.

She could not prevent a loud laugh at the puniness of the would-be escapees.

“Were you really trying to leave?” she mocked, her voice thundering from above like that of a goddess.

She then crouched gracefully inside the water, lowering herself and getting closer to the ferry’s outer deck, her six-stories high face threatening the passengers with its presence.

Lucia was in cloud nine, the ferry and its riders turning out to be the perfect toy for her new approach to her condition. Feeling naughty, she puckered her full lips and started blowing a soft but steady kiss into the crowd. She had to stop and giggle when dozens lost their footing and fell on their asses and backs. Encouraged, Lucia took a deep breath, filling her lungs. Now aware of her intentions, the crowd in the deck erupted in chaos. It was of no use. Lucia’s exhalation was much more forceful this time, the gale-force winds catching the hundreds of commuters exposed to her playfulness and sending many of them flying around. She could only laugh when dozens were thrown overboard, falling into the cool river water beyond.

“God! You are so pitiful!” she mocked.

She could tell that the people had not liked her remark. But, what were they going to do about it? Their reaction renewed her determination to humiliate them, to prove them just how superior she had now become.

Lucia slowly rose from her crouching position, more and more of her figure becoming visible. She did not get to her full height, though. Instead, she remained at a stoop. An instant later, she began moving towards the motionless ferry.

The mob realized what was going to happen as soon as her humongous chest approached them. There was nothing they could do about it. Hundreds of tons of flesh descended on them like meteors as the giant Lucia rested her prominent rack on the ship’s deck, feeling countless pops under its sensitive skin.

“Mmmmm” she moaned, exhilarated at the destructive power of her delicate breasts. Back in college, before her life had become miserable, boys had often joked that her tits were like twin wrecking balls. Now it might as well be true!

Toying with the idea, Lucia pushed her chest a bit lower, feeling it mash but noticing the denting in the ferry’s deck too. She laughed when she removed her assets from the ship and found the noticeable depressions they had caused.

The crowd was broken. And she had not even started! Looking for ways to bring the panic to yet another level, Lucia just stood up and reached for the mass, carelessly plucking five wriggling figures from it. She did not even look at them before tossing them to her mouth, chewing them in a very obvious way as the screams from the survivors reached a new pitch.

She was in heaven. Lucia would have never considered herself a sadist before her growth. She would have admitted a short temper and a predisposition towards physical violence. But she had never enjoyed hurting others just for the sake of it. Things had changed, and the biggest one was the way she way everyone else. To Lucia, people were no longer her equals. In her new vision of the world, humans were feeble bugs, ready to be messed with, but also those that had made her life miserable in the first place and had tried to kill her later. Hell, they were the ones that would end up eventually killing her. In that light, anything she would do to them was more than justified. And she had found out that doing stuff to them was incredibly arousing.

The giant cupped her hands under the surface, scooping enough water to cleanse the bottom of her breasts, that had become gory again. Then, feeling naughty, she splashed hundreds of gallons into the battered crowd,

“You are nothing!” she taunted. “There must be hundreds of you there, and not even all together you could hope to overpower my pinkie. Do you realize what I’ve become?”

Much as expected, she did not get any answer. This did not mean that she had to like it, so Lucia simply scowled and slammed her fist in the middle of the deck, finishing a couple dozen people in a whim.

She had already spied a few passengers jumping overboard before, but her most recent obliteration of their fellow commuters had made many more of them to consider the waters of the Conaway like a much better destination than anywhere on the cruise. Lucia frowned as she saw the sudden stream of divers.

“Oh, no! You won’t!” she hissed.

She bit her lower lip as she thought on a way of proving the challengers just how wrong they were. She ended up opting for the dramatic approach.

Bringing her hand back to the prow, Lucia closed her fingers around it, enjoying as the thick metal dented without apparent effort. She then started pulling up, moaning as the entire ship started tilting without any noticeable strain in her arm.

Her well-trained biceps bulged slightly as more of the ship lost contact with the water and the inclination started getting a noticeable angle. It was when the first among the survivors could not take it anymore and started rolling down the deck. Encouraged, Lucia increased her pace, tilting the ferry faster and sending more people towards the stern. She smiled, thinking how the scene must be repeating in every single deck of the ship.

The ferry was describing an arc of about thirty degrees by the time the prow was at chest level. There was no one left standing anymore. Those that had not found a good place to take a hold were now in the Conaway, joining their colleagues that had volunteered.

Lucia just kept going, moving the ship higher and higher, marveling at how a single arm was more than enough for the task. Nothing in the deck that had not been firmly stuck into it was left standing anymore. Crates, furniture and other elements of the ferry started raining on top of those that were now trying to swim in the cold waters of the river. And she kept going.

By the time her prow-holding hand was over her head, the ship was almost vertical. It was when it started pulling down. With so little of the ferry in contact with the water, the boat had lost its floating ability and was beginning to move down. All Lucia had to do to prevent it was to tighten her grip around the bow and apply a bit more strength to her arm.

It was then, holding the thousands of tons of the ferry, the hundreds of people inside, realizing that it was the easiest thing in the world to her, that Lucia understood the true magnitude of her power. She was not a woman anymore. At least, not like she had been, like the billions of other women in the world. Her strength was unimaginable, her power transcended her size. She was a goddess to everyone else in the world. She really was!

Spurred by the thought, Lucia just pushed the ferry, shoving it with enough force that it fell upside down on the water, crushing hundreds of those that had been inside it just a couple of minutes before. The water bubbled around the ship, making it impossible for those that had not been instantly hit to keep afloat, dragging them under the water with unbeatable force.

Lucia’s nipples swelled. She needed more. She needed the world to feel her power. She needed to feel alive for every single second she was awake. The ferry started sinking behind her as Lucia turned, but she paid it no heed and started wading down the stream, towards downtown.

Water was still at mid-thigh level as she moved down, her pace faster now. The people in the small two-lane bridge saw her coming even before she noticed them. Lucia decided that such a feeble structure was not even worth of her attention. So, she simply did not give it to it. Her thighs broke spectacularly through the concrete of the platform as she moved through the bridge, not even slowing down to see it collapsing like a house of cards as she went on.

She was soon upon a medium-sized river barge, with its characteristic wide and flat shape. Lucia brought her hand into the water and slid her palm under the craft, which was about as long as her forearm. If the ferry had been no challenge, the barge felt merely like a tray as she lifted it out of the water and raised it to her curious face.

She smirked at the terrified skipper and its two companions as she looked through the windows of the cabin. Feeling funny, she addressed them:

“Where are you going? I could not prevent noticing just how painfully slow you are, and I thought I could give you a hand.”

No one replied, which was, of course, expected. Lucia soon got bored of the men’s panicked faces, so in an impulse, she lifted the barge over her head and then tossed it in the direction of downtown, sending the large boat over countless blocks before it started falling. It crashed spectacularly against a medium-sized skyscraper, bringing its top half down.

Lucia knew she was escalating things very rapidly, but she did not give a damn. Why should she? After all, she was seeking to be noticed. And the more she exercised her limitless power, the more worked up she got. If things kept going at this pace, she would need to get fucked once more soon enough. Or, being more precise, she would need to find a crowd to fuck.

The next barge she simply sunk with a single punch, her violence now having become so regular that her attempt even felt halfhearted.

Her nipples swelled a moment later, when the characteristic silhouette of the City Bridge became prominent in the horizon. Lucia smiled at the sight of the popular suspension bridge, one of the landmarks of the city. Joining the two busiest sections of Kingston, the City Bridge informed Lucia that she had already reached the heart of Downtown.

Excited, the giant sauntered along the river, focusing her enhanced sight on the platform of the bridge, taking in the thousands of people trapped there. A natural continuation to I-377 as it merged into one of the city’s largest avenues, the bridge was well known to Luci. She had spent countless hours stuck in traffic on its surface, almost every time she had had to visit the city center for some reason.

She was upon it in no time, her accelerated stroll having left a large wake in the waters behind her. She advanced until she was merely a step away from the bridge and then stopped, arms akimbo, as she smirked down at the panicked motorists and pedestrians.

The City Bridge was considerably taller than the previous two she had crossed her path with. This put the road and the thousands of trapped inch-tall people somewhere between her belly button and the bottom of her prominent breasts. To Lucia, the platform felt about as high as the bar of the night clubs she usually visited. The perfect height.

The effects of her looming presence were evident. There was no room for the drivers to move their cars anymore, but it was obvious that there had been many accidents preceding her arrival. The drivers that had been involved in them had probably been trying to find a way out of her menacing approach; they were the same ones that had now decided to abandon their vehicles and join some of their comrades on foot. With traffic packed so close, there was little room for the runners, though, so they ended up massing themselves in the narrow aisled between cars, funneling themselves so much that they soon felt motionless.

Lucia enjoyed the sight enormously. And then, without further warning, she reached out for the steel cables, extending the fingers of her hand as she did so.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Everyone around Michelle was screaming. She remained silent, but it was not out of bravery. She was simply too overwhelmed to react. Sitting on the hood of a random car as people tried to push past her, Michelle could only look in the direction of the approaching behemoth with astonishment.

Of course, she had heard about the rampaging giantess before. She had even seen pictures and videos on her phone. This was the reason she was trying to abandon the city, which had turned out to be a very bad idea. But none of her previous exposures to the woman, not even the harshest of the images she had received, could compare to the awe her live presence caused.

Lucia Torres, as the media had identified her, was a sight to behold. Seeing her wade down the river, getting closer and closer without anyone able to do nothing about it, the woman’s true proportions started to sink in. She was beyond colossal, her figure taking more and more of Michelle’s sight as she dwarfed everything around her.

Michelle knew she should at least try to escape. She did not know well how to, though. The masses of people trying to flee had become so compacted that they were hardly advancing. And she had already started hearing a second type of screams: the ones coming from those that were getting crushed in the human avalanche.

Too shocked to react, Michelle focused on observing the impending titan. If one managed to ignore her size, which was a taxing mental exercise, there was no doubt that Lucia Torres was a gorgeous woman. Her figure spoke about blessed genetics but also about countless hours in the gym. Otherwise her arms and legs would not have looked so fit, her stomach would have not been so flat, her mammoth breasts would not have been able to defy gravity like they did. Michelle was very aware of the effort a body like that required. But her reflection in the mirror every morning and the looks of every men she crossed her path with were well worth it.

The similarities with the incoming giantess ended up there, though. Setting the obvious difference in size aside, Michelle and Miss Torres could not have been more different. She was pale, blonde and blue-eyed where the giant woman had bronze skin, long dark hair and piercing dark brown eyes.  

Soon, Michelle’s field of vision was filled by the giant’s torso. She was so close that she could even see the small imperfections on the skin of her flat belly. Craning her neck, Michelle’s sight got caught on the woman’s impossible chest, her jaw dropping open as she realized that the house-sized mounds of flesh must be weighting hundreds of tons each. She forced herself to look even higher, meeting the titan’s gaze, seeing her smirk as she observed them with a mix of naughtiness and disdain.

And then, after what had felt like forever, the woman’s hand moved. Michelle’s world shook, rocking her violently. By the time she opened her eyes, she was lying on top of a pile of other people. She was on top, getting the best part out of the deal. Hurrying to take a look around as she tried to push herself away from the group, she saw upturned cars. A further look showed her blue. It was not the color she had been expecting. Michelle felt a shiver running down her spine when she realized that it had replaced what had previously been a stretch of bridge.

Michelle tried to find a way out. Driven by a rush of adrenaline, she pushed heads, shoulders and backs to try to get herself as far away from the sudden opening as she could. She soon found her intended destination, a spot where the bridge seemed to be in better shape. She did not feel any sympathy for those she was pushing in order to save herself. She could not. She could only focus on her life. It seemed to work. Her long workout sessions at the gym were proving to be worth more than just feeling attractive. Still, her arms started to hurt as she reached halfway through her path. She never managed to get further. A vicious force suddenly pushed her on both sides and before she could understand what had happened, she felt weightless, pulled up with an unimaginable strength.

The sudden change in height made Michelle dizzy. She could not say when the “lift-off” had finished. All she knew was that the world was starting to make sense again. When it finally did, she found herself facing the building-sized face of Lucia Torres. If that alone had not been enough, her lips curled in the most unsettling expression Michelle had ever seen.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia curled her fingers as she ran her hand along the cables as if playing a giant harp, feeling their tension as she did. She barely managed to get any sound other than some awkward groaning.

Disappointed at the outcome, she repeated the operation, this time applying quite a bit more of the astronomical strength at her disposal. She still did not get any music, but Lucia won her first points in her battle with the bridge. Unable to resist her godlike strength, many of the cables snapped.

Lucia had not realized that this would end up unleashing such a chaos. She could only chuckle at the unintended consequences of her playfulness. Each of the cables had been designed to hold a strength point at the bridge, keeping hundreds of tons of it attached to the massive steel towers. So, they had carried an incredible amount of tension when Lucia had snapped them. This tension had unleashed itself in the form of a violent clash into the roadway, each cable acting like a massive whip and crushing dozens of cars and people as it crashed into the deck. It was not the worst thing that happened. As soon as the immediate consequences of the snapping were over, the important ones showed up. No longer attached to the towers, large sections of the roadway became to unstable to stay in one piece. Cracks started forming soon enough. A few seconds later, the deck broke, large chunks of it raining on the river water below as others started tilting. Dozens of cars and hundreds of people suddenly found themselves in the waters of the Conaway.

Lucia ignored them and focused on the survivors, who were suddenly ignoring her and trying their best to move to parts of the City Bridge that were still standing.

The more she tested them, the more Lucia realized how puny they had become. She was so much more powerful than them! She felt the horniness increasing once more as her mind dreamed about the possibilities. She could really do anything she pleased. She could get anything she wanted. She could command them, and they had no other option than obeying. She could crush those who did not, reward the ones that complied. She was really a goddess, a goddess that could rule the puny creatures that had once been her equals.

Curious about them, Lucia stooped slightly to take a closer look at those fighting for their lives on the section of the bridge she had just accidentally upturned. A blonde mane quickly caught her attention. Five seconds later, the blonde woman was in front of her curious eyes, firmly held between her fingertips.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Michelle found a strength she did not know she had had to keep her sanity as she kept staring at the massive face of the giant woman. The knowledge that she was trapped between her fingers was appalling, but she managed to control her fear. Otherwise, she would crack.

Lucia Torres’ lips then parted. A warm breath hit Michelle, making her sweat even more than the hot day had. It was followed by words uttered with such power that they made her bones rattle. And still, the giant’s voice kept a curious sensuality.

“Look at you! Young, hot, rich, from the look of your clothes… and still, it does not make a difference. To me, you are just a tiny bit less insignificant than everyone else!”

Michelle was still incredibly scared, but she could not avoid being angered at the giant’s words.

“And you are a freak!” she muttered.

She instantly regretted it. Michelle told herself that there was no way Lucia Torres could have heard her. She had barely whispered the words, and she was already very small to her to start with. The giantess’ scowl crushed that hope.

The giant seemed to be making her mind up. When her scowl mutated into a smile, Michelle did not know whether she should feel hopeful or scared. Miss Torres soon helped her make her mind.

“You are not interesting anymore.”

Michelle felt herself rolling as a massive force pushed her around. When the ordeal finally stopped, she found herself with her back resting against something hard. She barely had a second before an incomprehensible force sent her flying.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia watched the tiny blonde’s body describe an arch that reached its apex halfway through downtown. She had not known how effective flicking her would be. As the little bitch started descending, dozens of blocks away, she felt happy to have tried.

This was yet another proof of what she had been thinking about. No one could oppose her anymore. She would crush anyone who did. She would punish anyone who crossed her. She would deal harshly with anyone she disliked. This was her world now, and it would look exactly like she wanted.

Fueled by that thought, Lucia raised her right hand over her head, closing it in a fist. Those on the far side of the bridge, who had miraculously not been affected by her presence so far, never knew what hit them as she hit them like a meteor, breaking through concrete and steel with insulting ease, crushing dozens and sending hundreds more to the cool waters below.

The world had been tough with Lucia. Most of her adult life had been miserable. So, she had no reason to go soft on the world.

The central third of the once magnificent bridge was gone, opening a gateway for Lucia to wade through. She did, looking down with disdain at the lucky tiny fuckers that had managed to survive. She could leave them alone now. Eventually, they would end up under her, either figuratively or literally.

Only it was likely they would not, her rational mind told her, suddenly kicking in the middle of her day dream. Individually, humans were pathetic. Even in large groups they were not much. Her physical superiority over them was unquestionable. But this was hardly the only danger they posed to her.

Puny as they were, people were also ingenuous, crafty, creative. And along history, they had also devoted an inordinate amount of talent and resources to finding ways to kill each other. Eventually, one of those ways would prove to be successful with her. And this would be the end of her short-lived reign. Unless she could do something about it, of course. Only she did not know too well what. Even at her current size, the world was too large, the people were too many. The chances for them to work together against her were impossible to manage.

Unless the key was on the ones that had created her, the ones that had all the knowledge about her current form. It was a slim chance. But it was a chance. Lucia’s determination was renewed by the thought. She was soon walking along the bridge and in the direction of Downtown’s skyline.



*************************************
Author's note

As I mentioned these last weeks, I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 

So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: gumroad.com/l/vuVni

To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks!

 

Chapter 16 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 16

 

Lucia reached the river bank in a matter of seconds, the fulfillment she felt about her power only matched by a newfound purpose to keep it for as long as possible.

The traditionally busy roads lining up the riverbank were more congested than ever, repeating the pattern Lucia had come to recognize and love. Of course, she knew she was the cause of it. They were trying to evacuate the city, they were trying to get away from her.

“They are running from a secretary!” she thought, amused. “Only I am not a secretary anymore, am I? I am pure power, a goddess!”

Feeling playful, Lucia crouched and cupped her hands into the water. Without warning, she then splashed thousands of gallons of water into the area right in front of her, washing cars and people alike, clearing a wide enough space to step out of the refreshing water of the Conaway and into the city.

Her hands creased the road as she pushed herself out of the water, her feet soon joining and digging the asphalt in a couple of her already very characteristic footprints. Kingston was full of them. They witnessed her presence, marked her passage, proved her power. Lucia took a first step into the dry land, her soles enjoying the contrast between the coolness of the water and the warmth of the road. Water found somewhere to fall back to and soon filled her imprints, turning them into improvised pools, dragging unlucky pedestrians as it did.

The elevated River Highway was merely a couple of steps away, so Lucia was quickly upon it, the ankle-high dark ribbon following the course of the river on the Downtown side of it. Almost as infamous as I-377, the River Highway was living up to its reputation as traffic was stuck bumper to bumper on it. Lucia straddled the freeway with ease and remained in position, hands on her hips as she spied the countless lives trapped under her.

For the first time in a while, Lucia wondered how they felt, suddenly dwarfed by her towering presence, trapped under her cunt, helpless against an almighty woman that had suddenly showed up in their city. She guessed she would have been both scared to death and frustrated. It was good to be the one on top, for once!

A shiny reflection caught Lucia’s attention and she found herself crouching to take a closer look. It was a tanker truck, much like the one she had used to ignite the pyre she had made from the office park. Only this one looked different. A noticeable representation of a cow on its side gave her the answer.

Lucia reached out with her never-ending arm, her threatening hand hovering over hundreds of people before her fingers closed around the bright metallic cylinder, careful not to damage it too much. Just a bit longer than her hand, the tanker did not offer any resistance as she picked it up from the road and started rising back to her feet.

Lucia held her prize in front of her curious eyes and smiled. It was curious how the new, tiny world still offered good answers to her needs. She loved milk.

Bringing the long tanker to her mouth, Lucia bit its back, her sharp teeth chewing through the metal as if it had been paper. She felt the endcap of the tanker tear into her mouth. Moving it aside from the tanker for an instant, she just spat it on the road below and got back to work. The cool contents of the tanker, worth about a full glass of milk to her, were soon flowing into her mouth.

Lucia drank it in one go, feeling her thirst satiated. She then closed her fingers around the truck, crushing it like an empty soda can before tossing it over her shoulder. The loud bangs coming from behind her, as well as the intensified screams, told her that her careless disposal of the milk tanker had not been free of consequences.

Incredibly content, the giantess crouched back into the catcher’s position, getting closer to the mass trapped under her womanhood. She spied a couple getting into a car that had had its doors open, probably in an attempt to escape her renewed attention. Lucia did not say a word as she extended a finger the length of a car and reached for the offending vehicle. Her fingertip was soon resting on its roof. All it took her to crush it into a two-dimensional coin-sized plate was a push, her finger backed by the whooping strength of her arm.

Things had been chaotic enough before this, but her simple act of coercion made things a couple orders of magnitude worse. Lucia did not care. Instead, she just removed her finger from the crushed car and let it hover over the crowd. It soon met a group of three people that were packed enough, turning them into a bloodstain under its tip.

“Hiding will not help you,” Lucia’s voice thundered. “Running will not help you either,” she added. “You are mine to do as I please, whether you like it or not!”

As she finished taunting them, Lucia got back to her full height and raised her right foot, bringing a sole the size of a paddle court over the stretch of highway she was standing upon. Her foot barely slowed down as it met the concrete structure, breaking through it and burying dozens of people under its rubble.

To Lucia, this served not only as yet another act of self-affirmation in her new role but also to accomplish a side objective, which was no other than to trap the population in Kingston with her. With I-377, the River Highway and several bridges out of order, the ever-increasing congestion would only get worse, keeping all her newfound toys with her. She wanted them there once she was done with the army. In the eventuality that she survived the fight, of course.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“She is coming this way,” General Colt informed in a plain tone. His reputation for having ice nerves was well earned.

His staff was gathered in another improvised meeting room in the heart of Kingston’s airport, one that his aides had hurriedly filled with monitors and other equipment that would help them follow the situation and their operations.

Terrence Burton, the Secretary of Defense, was quietly sitting in a corner of the room, observing in silence as he bit his tongue, trying to fulfill the promise he had made to the officer he had decided to put in front of the operation.

“Are we sure? She seems to be more focused on getting into Downtown,” a Colonel on the far side of the table said.

“Every step she has taken is bringing her closer. And we know that she captured some of our men back at BioChem. She might only intend to terrorize the city, but we cannot plan for the best case. She is likely to know we are here,” another Colonel replied.

Burton could not hold off and asked:

“Shouldn’t we evacuate, then?”

General Colt looked at him with disapproval but did not say anything. The same Colonel that had suggested that they needed to be prepared for her arrival replied to him.

“We barely managed to be fully set up. Evacuating and trying to find a more secure location would make us waste too much time. Essentially, we would be giving Miss Torres a free ride at the city for another full day.”

Burton understood the consequences, even if in a different way than the Colonel who had spoken. No politician in history would survive the consequences in public opinion of a decision like the one he had suggested.

“Then what?” Burton asked.

“We focus on finding a way to neutralize her. The eggheads are already on it,” another Colonel said. He was close enough that Burton could read the name in his fatigues: Sherman.

“Can you try to delay her?” Burton asked, ignoring the fiery look from General Colt.

“Any attack would barely manage to harass her, and she would know it’s coming from us, reinforcing her determination to get to us quick. We cannot move until we have a good chance to bring her down,” Sherman said.

There was some silence in the room.

“What about the cops?” Burton then suggested.

The immediate reaction from the rest of men at the table told him that they had perfectly understood what he had meant. They tried to hide their despise at his casual reference to sacrificing hundreds of men.

General Colt broke the silence.

“Sharpe, call Commissioner Coates. Let him know that the order not to engage with the giant woman is belayed. Ask him to send everything he’s got against her.”

The General attracted the looks of everyone at the table.

“The good of the many, gentlemen,” he simply said.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia left the tortured highway behind and moved towards the city, eager to get into its heart. She had lived in Kingston for long enough to know her way around its most popular areas, and she was in one of them.

She was facing some of the most popular buildings of the city’s skyline, so there was no way to get lost in the roads and streets lined up in front of her. Lucia ended up choosing Liberty Avenue, the natural continuation of the City Bridge and one of the widest arteries in the metropolis. It suited her very well, since it would take her closer to her final destination, the airport, while carrying her along some of the city’s most well-known landmarks. At the same time, it would give her enough freedom to move her colossal figure around. She also hoped that it would be as teeming with people as every other road she had found ever since she had returned from BioChem.

Lucia paid no heed to whatever it was that crushed under her feet as she turned and started advancing towards her chosen path, letting the breeze cool her as the blazing sun dried her hair and skin, still wet from her most recent adventure in the river.

She soon reached her intended route, ecstatic at the possibility to size Downtown out from her new point of view. A few steps into the avenue she stopped, somewhat unsettled by the change in scenery. Of course, Lucia knew what it was. For the first time since she had woken up, she was not the tallest thing around. She did not tower over the entirety of her surroundings. She was dwarfed by something.

Of course, she had known this would happen, but after an entire day of feeling above everyone and everything, the sensation was weird. And somewhat frustrating. Up to some point, she felt a little claustrophobic, suddenly boxed between the colossal structures of glass, steel and concrete that formed Downtown.

The giant Lucia looked down at her feet, looking for some self-assertion of her own scale. She found it in a group of people to her right. They looked as ridiculously tiny as ever, even more by the fact that they were trying to hide behind a parked van, as if that would prevent someone like her to find them. Her right foot soon left the ground and moved into their direction, dirt raining on them from her sole as she held it in place just for an instant, waiting for the kill. It came in the form of a light stomp that embedded the van, a couple other cars and about a dozen people into one of her already familiar footprints. Yeah, some buildings might be taller, but she was still the one calling the shots.

She proved that to herself by throwing a punch into the building to her left. Its façade broke as if it had been made of crackers as her fist tore through it and obliterated everything it found, moving into the building unopposed until her arm was deep up to its elbow. Lucia removed it and stooped, getting a closer look at the devastation she had brought, seeing dozens of severely injured people on the edges of the newly formed canyon, victims of her wrath and power.

Getting back to her full height, the giantess resumed her walk, not before backhanding the building to her right, exposing four of its floors to the world as her fingers tore through it.

Happy with the affirmation of her power, Lucia strutted down the street, crushing everything on her path as she pondered how else she could make the population feel her presence.

 

 *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Jason could not believe that Block Street was so free of obstacles. For the first time in a long while, he felt hopeful about something. Sure, he could see a few dozen people running around the abandoned cars ahead of him, but it was nothing comparable to Liberty Avenue. He did not understand how there could be such a difference between both roads, two of the most important ones in the city, but he did not complain. Not when he finally saw a chance to escape the nightmare that the city was living.

The nightmare had the name and shape of a woman. She was not an ordinary woman, though. Or at least, not anymore. For reasons he could still not understand, Lucia Torres, a former secretary, had woken up as a skyscraper-sized creature. That alone would have been shocking enough. What made the situation even more dreadful was her attitude. Some reports suggested that the giant Miss Torres had been kinder after waking up, but the truth was that no one had seen her like that. The Lucia Torres the population of Kingston had come to know was one that had killed thousands of people, trampling them under her feet, crushing them in her hands or even eating them. Just thinking about her sent a shiver down Jason’s back.

He had been among the first ones to react when the reports had hit the newscast. While most of his neighbors had not known what to do, Jason had seen it clear that he had to get as far away from Kingston as possible. It had been a terrible mistake.

His luck had felt like a rollercoaster since then. He had doubted it when he had found himself trapped on the completely congested City Bridge, cursed it when the massive giantess had approached him from the river, regained faith on it when she had brought most of the bridge down, except for the part where he had been.

Jason had not wasted any time in running back in the direction he had come from, that of Downtown. Luck had spat on him once again when the giant woman had chosen the same road as him, Liberty Avenue. Trapped in the slow-moving mass of humanity, Jason had not been able to resist several looks over his shoulder.

God! She was so scary! But she was magnificent at the same time. Even with the massive skyscrapers on both sides of the street towering over her, her scale was not lost on him. Her gorgeousness was only matched by the look of determination on her face as she started moving towards him. Jason had to be a dozen blocks away, and yet she felt so close!

The screams coming from the area where she was managed to surprisingly reach his ears, their pitch transmitting the anguish of those who had uttered them in full detail. They came together with the low thuds. Which were surprisingly coordinated with the rhythmical and ever-increasing shakes he could feel. Jason’s hair stood on end when he realized where they were coming from. It was logical, but still it was hard to believe that a woman’s step could produce them.

A block later, Jason risked another peek and despaired when he saw that the giant woman must have cut the distance by half. The ever-increasing screams left no doubt about the results of her trek, and Jason started to understand that his life was very close to its end.

Until a stroke of luck pushed him out of the main group and into the edge of the intersection he had been at. Getting back on his feet as soon as he could, Jason got ready to fight his way back on the never-ending stream of people when something compelled him to turn around. He could not believe that such a wide street could be so empty! This was, of course, only part of its appeal. The main one was the fact that it was also free of giantesses!

Without further thought, Jason turned and started running down Block, unhindered for over a block, making more progress in a minute than he had managed to do in ten times the time back at Liberty Avenue. For the first time in a long while, he felt hopeful again. Even more when he saw the line of buses two blocks down. It did not take him long to see the groups of people patiently lining on both sides of them. They were evacuating!

His lungs burned, but Jason knew he could not stop. Not now! He had to get to them, reach them before they left. He was less than a block away when a familiar shaking almost threw him off his feet. He turned to see the giant Lucia Torres, standing at the intersection of Liberty and Block, looking in his direction. His blood froze when she turned and started heading his way.

Of course, those boarding the buses had seen her too. Their screams told Jason as much. He did not think his panic could get any worse, but it did when the first two buses on the line suddenly started pulling away from the sidewalk, starting their escape while there were people still waiting to board.

“Don’t leave me behind!” Jason yelled to no one in particular as he took strength from a reserve he did not know he had and pushed himself even harder. Two buses had left, but two more were still getting people in.

Jason did not dare look back. All his strength was now focused on one thing only. He had to get on the buses. He ignored the ever-increasing shakes, miraculously managing to stay on his feet as he kept moving. A few seconds later it looked like he would make it. The last bus was merely a few yards away.

And then, it was replaced by a foot. A woman’s foot. A foot that was longer than the bus it had so ruthlessly crushed. It did more than just crush it, of course. Pushed by the tremendous weight of the giant woman it belonged to, the foot crashed through the road’s surface, sinking on it. The area around it cracked visibly, and chunks of ripped asphalt were thrown around. Jason barely managed to avoid being hit by one. He could not avoid falling on his back, though.

A similar foot moved over him, dirt raining from its underside as it first covered him and then landed some twenty yards ahead. Its impact was as shocking as its twin had been, aborting Jason’s attempt to stand up.

Lying on his back, he simply stared at the impossible sight, to the apparently smooth skin, to anklebones that stood higher than he was tall. And then, the toes curled and the thousands of tons of naked woman above them started coming down. Jason did not realize what was going on until the giant woman started rising again. Each of her hands was holding a packed city bus.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

After a while, Lucia managed to get used to feeling of walking among skyscrapers that towered over her. It still frustrated her, but she had learned to ignore the feeling and focus on the havoc her feet were causing. Up to some point, it felt like walking in a cornfield or a maze of steel.

Like most times she did the same thing for an extended while, Lucia soon lost interest in the crushing happening at street level. It still happened, since there was no way she could advance through the packed avenue without dozens being killed with each step, but she was less and less amused by it. She was starting to think on what to do in order to spice her trek a little when the answer presented itself in the form of four city buses.

She could tell that the intersection she was standing upon had to be one of the largest ones in the city. With four lanes in each direction, the road crossing Liberty Avenue was as wide as the one she was walking on. Spying the tall skyscrapers lining on both sides of it, Lucia soon found a couple of known landmarks and identified it as Block street.

She could not believe that the landscape was so different. While Liberty Avenue had been so congested that she had not been able to take any step without causing a small massacre, Block Street was its exact opposite, with barely a few would-be escapees around. Why more people were not joining them and remained stuck into the crowd beat her. The smaller they were, the stupider they got, it would seem.

Lucia was admiring the difference between scenes and wondering what to do when a loud engine sound caught her attention. She did not need to look too far to find the four green buses, parked in line and getting people in. One did not need to be a genius to know they were part of an evacuation attempt.

Of course, she could not have that. And messing with the buses felt more interesting than just going on with the stomp fest Liberty Avenue had become. So, without any more hesitation, Lucia pivoted on her heels, faced Block Street and started strutting down its empty pavement.

Of course, nothing was ever completely empty when one became Lucia’s size. The occasional pedestrian or car still managed to find their way under her soles, but her trek was as uneventful as things could get until she caught up with the mass transportation vehicles, less than a minute later.

The first three coaches had already left their parking position and were doing their best to accelerate down the road, even if their sluggishness told Lucia that their best was actually not very good. The fourth one was still in place, loading its final passengers. The obvious first victim.

Lucia moaned in delight when she saw that heel to toe, her foot managed to cover the bus bumper to bumper. She even had a couple of inches to spare. Even if they were evenly matched in length, weight was a different matter, and as soon as Lucia’s sole touched the roof of the vehicle, it made it collapse inward. A second later, the bus and the fifty-seven people it had been carrying were nothing more than a gory two-dimensional slab buried under her foot. She then completed her step. It was in this new, centered position, that she crouched and reached out with both hands, the buses unable to escape her never-ending arms. They both looked like toys as she stood up and opened her hands to admire her catch.

Only they were not toys. Each of the ten-inch long vehicles felt almost weightless in her hand, but their interest went beyond their heaviness. Bring them closer to her inquisitive eyes, Lucia marveled at the sight of the dozens of panicked people inside. Each of the buses was as crammed as they could be, meaning that she was holding well over a hundred lives with no apparent effort.

Lucia felt her nipples swell at the observation, the new evidence of her power sending ripples of pleasure down her spine.

“You weren’t trying to get away from me, by any chance?” she mocked

Of course, there was no way she was going to get an answer. All the tiny bastards managed to produce was a collective scream that came out muffled through the metallic walls of the vehicle where they were trapped.

Lucia thought on what to do with her catch. It certainly made for a more interesting game than just stepping on people. Still, something was bothering her. This something also had the shape of a green bus and was now almost three blocks away from her.

Tightening her hold on the buses in hand, Lucia resumed her walk, giving chase to the one that had escaped. She did not force her pace. She did not need to. As soon as she started walking, the giant started closing the distance with the fleeing vehicle at high speed. She reached it before it got into the next block.

Lucia had already proven that she was more than capable of crushing a city bus under her foot. So, this time she just kicked it, sending the vehicle flying over a dozen blocks, chunks of it breaking along the way. When it finally crashed into the side of a building, the explosion was heatless but massive. And to think that they had thought they could escape her!

Her nipples hardened some more, the familiar wetness returned. And she suddenly knew what she would do with the buses she was holding. Or well, at least with one of them.

Bringing the two vehicles back in front of her face, the giantess smiled evilly at its occupants as she made her mental choice. From the outside, both buses were identical. Just a bit longer than her hand, their greenish color was somewhat disgusting, but there was nothing she could do about it. Lucia peeked through their windows, trying to guess which of them was more packed. It was a hard choice, since there was hardly any free room left in any of the two vehicles.

“Eenie, meenie, minie, moe!” she joked as she finally settled for the one in her right hand.

Of course, there was the question of what she was going to do with the other bus. A small groan from her stomach gave her the answer. After all, it had been a while since she had had a bite.

Lucia was somewhat conscious that, out of all the things she had done so far, the two that she was about to repeat was probably what made her more of a monster in the eyes of the population. It was kind of funny, knowing just how many people’s lives she had finished like that in comparison with just how many more she had taken under her feet. But she could understand that being used as food or sex toys could be even more repulsive.

Lucia found out about another of the cons of being surrounded by buildings taller than her. Roofs, which had become one of her favorite spots to leave stuff, were just too tall now. Luckily, it was not hard to find an alternative.

“I will be with you soon,” she said in her best bedroom voice, addressing the bus she had chosen as a sex partner. She then brought it down and carefully maneuvered it between her thighs, holding it there with care as she freed her hands to focus on the other bus.

She was not delicate as her fingers clawed their way into the back of the bus, ripping it out from the vehicle and leaving it open.

“Do you know that you are just the size of tic-tacs?” she mocked.

With the bus now open, the screams took on a new intensity. She just ignored them and raised the vehicle over her mouth, tilting it so that the first occupants would roll out of it and into her waiting tongue.

Lucia chewed, enjoying the taste and shocking the rest of her morsels at the same time. The pitch of the yells got to a tone she would have thought impossible. She just enjoyed it as she flicked her wrist a bit, forcing some more unlucky tinies into her mouth.

By now, Lucia was above feeling bad or guilty at anything she did. It had been a while since she had eaten a person, though, so she caught herself thinking about what she was doing. Was it really alright to devour a person like her?

The answer came by itself: they were not like her. Even in their wildest dreams, none of the tiny bastards inside the bus could hope to compare themselves to her. She was, literally, higher up in the food chain. And if that made them loathe her, then so be it.

She did not need long to down the remaining passengers of the bus. After all, the mass transportation vehicle had been barely the size of a snack. Lucia did not feel satiated, but her hunger was at bay, at least for now.

It was time to focus on a different type of hunger, one coming from even deeper inside her. It was a hunger that had ashamed her a little at first. She had been a different woman, then, even if she had already stood taller than buildings. Lucia was not that woman anymore, and she was not ashamed to admit what was obvious. Her size, her power, exercising it with violence over the city’s population… they were incredibly strong sexual stimulus.

She crushed the bus in her hand like an empty soda can and tossed it carelessly to the side. Ignoring the loud effects of her lack of care, Lucia simply reached between her thighs and pulled the other bus out. It was still in one piece, even if her powerful leg muscles had dented it a bit.

Holding it in her flat palm, Lucia admired it and smiled. It might not be the right shape, but it was certainly the right size. She raised her hand so that she was looking straight through the windows and smiled evilly at the panicked passengers.

“You guys are in for a really wild ride,” she said in a naughty tone.

Lucia did not think necessary to give them any other type of warning or explanation. Instead, she just moved the bus closer to her mouth and stuck her tongue out, licking its front. She was not too sure about how effective that would be, but there was nothing wrong about being thorough.

Her left hand soon reached out to her womanhood. She was surprised to find it as damp as it was. God, she needed the bus! And she needed it now!

Lucia used her left hand to spread her lower lips as she moved the front of the bus closer with her right. It did not initially fit, its rectangular frame not matching the entrance to her pussy, but as expected, the metal started bending and shaping as needed, adapting to its destination.

Lucia moaned as she felt the warm metal against her labia and moved her hand away. Leaving the bus half-stuck inside her. She then used two fingers to bring it deeper, causing a wave of pleasure and a louder moan.

“Oh my God! This is something!” she said aloud as she felt the pressure. It was so different than her previous sex experience. Fucking a dozen men at the same time had been interesting, but completely unlike any sex she had had before. The bus, on the other hand, was not so different from a dildo, which was in turn designed to feel as close as possible to a human cock. Of course, the differences were still noticeable, but with her being the only skyscraper-sized being in the planet, Lucia knew that her best hopes from now onwards when it came to sex would rely upon makeshift dildos. Having one that was full of people made the experience so much better, in any case.

Lucia moaned again as she thought on how the experience must be feeling to those trapped inside the bus. Then, she started thrusting.

She stooped, resting her left hand in an adjacent building as she kept using her right to move the bus up and down. She did not mind at all the porn spectacle she was putting together to an audience of thousands in the streets and millions at home. Why should she? She was above embarrassment. She was above shame. She did not give a shit about what they thought about her. Not anymore.

Lucia’s moans increased in intensity and frequency as she kept pleasuring herself. She could sense the news choppers getting crazy about what she was doing, trying to find better spots to shoot her porn movie. She simply ignored them.

Exhilarated as she was, Lucia lost the sense of time as she kept thrusting. At some point, her orgasm became unavoidable. She yelled loudly when it came, windows cracking for blocks.

Lucia panted heavily as she reached inside her and removed the bus from her cunt, examining its incredibly deformed form, which was covered with vaginal fluids. All glasses had shattered and the frame of the bus was barely holding itself together. She looked through the deformed openings that had formerly been windows. A few of the people looked incredibly battered, moving slowly and visibly hurt. The rest did not move at all. She had no idea whether they were dead or just unconscious. She did not care. If anything, she was surprised that some had survived the ride.

“Was it as good for you as it was for me?” she asked them in her naughtiest tone.

Still panting, Lucia simply set the bus down on the street. Whoever had managed to make it out alive, deserved to live some more.

Euphoric, the giantess thought on what to do next.

 

 *************************************

Author's note

As I mentioned these last weeks, I decided to try something new with The Breaking Point. I already completed the story. It features 22 chapters and 130,000 words. I intend to keep publishing one chapter per week (except if I'm out or cannot connect, which happens from time to time). But I usually also get requests to get the full story on one go and requests from people that would like to support me in the creation of giantess stories and have mentioned they would subscribe to my content or buy it if it was commercially available. 

So, I decided to publish the entire story ahead of time, in PDF and Kindle formats. It's available in my Gumroad store, in case you want to either read it before it's posted here or have another way to tell me that you enjoy my work. It's here: gumroad.com/l/vuVni

To be honest, my main objective is to gauge interest rather than making money. Thanks!

 

Chapter 17 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 17

 

Lucia was in a state of bliss as she roamed Downtown without too much purpose for a while after having taken care of her womanly needs. She was in heaven, the feeling of power, of being in total control, made her the happiest she could remember.

Lucia chose the streets she moved on at random, almost like a tourist taking an exploratory stroll in a city she had just arrived in. She was still moving in the general direction of the airport, but she did not seem to be in a hurry to get there. Instead, she used a calm pace to walk among the tall buildings, her feet finishing the occasional straggler with the giant barely noticing.

She admired her reflection in the façades of some mirrored buildings as she traced the contour of others with an extended finger, giggling when her fingernail caused more damage than she had expected. It took her a while to look back down at her feet, which kept sowing chaos at street level. When she did, Lucia made it a game to choose a tiny person at random, typically someone dressed in bright colors, and chase him or her as she advanced, finishing her target under the ball of her foot, usually along with several collateral victims.

It felt so good to be in charge, to have such overwhelming power over everyone else! She had barely tasted popularity, back in college, but this was so much better. Half a day of it had more than made up for the last five years of misery. It also made up for the certainty of her impending demise.

Unless, of course, what had happened to her exceeded her wildest dreams. What if she was not going to die soon? What if she could not be killed? Lucia’s mind wandered in the thought before she could keep it at bay. She imagined herself, triumphant, uncontested. She was having the time of her life now, but what if her life became a never-ending paradise?

She forced herself to stop that train of thought. She had nothing to gain out of fantasizing. Not at this point, at least. The reflection also made her reinforce her determination to get to the airport as soon as possible. Whatever option she might have at prolonging her amazing new life involved what she could find there.

It was in this state that she reached another major intersection. She was taken by elation when she saw what laid ahead. The chorus of screams that reached her ears despite the relative distance informed her that her happiness was not shared by anyone else in the area.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Colonel Sherman observed Dr. Riley Keane from the distance. She was an interesting character, one he should have paid attention to earlier. A dozen of the youngest researchers they had extracted from BioChem seemed to be orbiting around her as she directed the work in a corner of the main hangar that she had claimed hers.

He had let the scientists organize themselves, assigning some of his men as liaisons, and kept Stahl as his main contact. In the meantime, most of his men worked with Miles Reddington on the preparations for the thermite attack. Keane’ words had made him quite uneasy when it came to using the incendiary powder, but in absence of an alternative, it was still their best shot. A shot they might need soon, considering how fast the giant woman was approaching.

Reddington seemed to have attracted some of the grayest men in the group, while a few other clusters were working without too much apparent purpose. Sherman was seriously considering taking some more control on the way they were splitting tasks, but he needed to have a talk to Stahl first. He was surprised when he saw him walking towards Keane.

“Doctor Stahl,” Riley acknowledged the Senior VP of R&D as he stepped into her field of vision. There was respect in the way she said it, but not submission.

“Doctor Keane,” the older man replied.

Riley broke the silence when the piercing gaze of Stahl’s blue eyes became too uncomfortable.

“We are taking a different approach from the one you initially suggested,” she finally said.

“So I saw. I have been looking at your logs. It’s amazing how they managed to network everything here, considering how little time they had. Military efficiency, I guess.”

“Trying to counter the effects of GC-226 was taking us to a dead end. We are trying something else,” Riley said, sounding more defensive than she had intended. After all, Stahl still imposed a lot of respect.

“You are trying to use the effects of GC-226 to our advantage. I saw. It’s original. And smart,” he said, approving.

Riley was confused, since she had been convinced that the only reason the old man had come had been to chastise her for having, once more, fallen out of line.

“Thanks,” she said, suppressing a smile. “We are stalled, though.”

“Yes. I saw that too. You intuited where the flaw of GC-226 was, but you did not find it yet,” Stahl said. He sounded a bit patronizing, which upset Riley, but she managed to remain silent and wait for the explanation that she knew was coming. Stahl went on, as expected. His answer was shorter than she had expected: “Why don’t you try this?”

The man simply reached for the keyboard in Riley’s terminal and entered a code, bringing a file up. Riley only had to look at it for thirty seconds to understand it.

“It’s… brilliant,” she said.

“I would have never thought about it… if you had not opened up that path. Congratulations, Dr. Keane. You may have saved us all.”

“We have work to do,” Riley said.

“You do. It’s good news that most of the team that worked on the accelerated healing component of the GC series have stayed here with you. You command respect despite your age, Dr. Keane,” the old man said.

Riley did not know how to react to the kind words of the old man. She had always trusted her talent, but she had not been too sure BioChem was recognizing it as it deserved. She tried to find some words to reply, but Stahl turned and left before she could. Trying to catch his attention back would have felt simply stupid, so instead she just turned to her team and said:

“Gather around, will you?”

Riley waited while the men, some of them her senior, turned and circled around her. When she was sure that she had everyone’s attention, she just said:

“Miss Torres is going to have a heart attack.”

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia did not stop to reflect how her observation skills had improved along the day. She was too excited by the scene she was witnessing to think about that. But the truth was that the scared woman that had woken up at the ruins of Kingston’s East Hospital had become so used to her new frame of reference that it felt as if she had been giant her entire life. Lucia had become an expert at observing crowds, predicting their moves and reactions and dealing with them. She could distinguish screams of fear from screams of pain, identify pile ups caused by her presence and, especially, recognize the different types of escape attempts they put together.

And hence, it was almost instinctive for her to identify the rushed attempt a few blocks down the road for what it was: an effort to shelter as many Kingston citizens as possible into the Monarchs Arena. The masses grouped at its several entrances, the trickle of people getting inside, the abundant presence of police officers and the fact that the crowd had been relatively organized before her arrival told her as much.

There were thousands of people on the street. And for all she knew, there had to be thousands more already inside. It was too good to ignore. So, she was not going to.

The only issue was that the police force seemed to have taken the protection of the crowd very seriously, judging by the number of effectives they had moved. It would be merely an inconvenience, though. Despite their numbers, the cops looked quite less ready than the blockade she had meet earlier in the morning, in what looked like forever. And she was far from the same woman. If anything, Lucia would welcome some action. Tormenting Kingston’s population had become her favorite pastime over the last few hours, but eventually the game lost some interest when her prey did not shoot back.

Without further word, the giantess removed her hands from her hips, where she had unconsciously rested them in a commanding pose and started moving slowly and sensuously down the avenue. A dozen blocks away, the crowd erupted in panic.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

She should have never been there. Captain Baiel looked at the impossible form of Lucia Torres, the giant woman that had shocked the city and the world, still not believing that she was heading in his direction. She had left the river quite to the north in Downtown and had walked across it well away from them. This had encouraged the Commissioner to authorize the evacuation of the people in the area to the safest structure around: The Monarchs’ Arena, where the prided Kingston basketball team played their games. The stalls, court and underground facilities would be able to host up to fifty thousand, in the structure that was the safest to hide people from the giant monster.

It had not been until fifteen minutes ago that Baiel had heard that the woman had changed direction and was moving randomly through the city. He would have never imagined that anyone would be able to get from where she was supposed to be to where she was now in only fifteen minutes. But then again, no one had ever seen a woman the size of a high-rise before.

Baiel remained speechless for a few seconds, both terrified at the implications of the giant’s presence but also mesmerized at her magnificence, at how a creature of her size could move with the grace she did. Her looks only added to the feeling, her ravishing beauty and her stark nudity making her feel less threatening than she was. It was hard to believe that such a gorgeous creature could really be a monster.

But, of course, she was. They had all seen her obliterating his comrades, stepping on countless innocent people, eating others and even using them to pleasure herself. Lucia Torres was the vilest villain in human history, and she was now heading his way.

It took Captain Isaac Baiel a few more seconds to realize that he was in charge. He was responsible for the response of his men. And he was also responsible for the protection of the thousands of people they were trying to save. He had to do something. Only he did not know what. His direct orders were to avoid any confrontation or engagement with the giant woman. No cop had got in her way since the tragic events of the morning. But, in this case, following those orders would mean leaving a lot of people to her mercy. And they all knew she had none.

A cracking in the radio ended up resolving his dilemma. He quickly recognized Commissioner Coates, his boss’ boss.

“Captain Baiel,” his steady voice said.

“Ye… yes?”

“Do you have visual of Miss Torres?” the Commissioner asked.

“Yes… yes, I do,” Baiel replied, finally regaining his composure.

“Ok. Get your men ready. Your previous orders are belayed. Your new job is to resist her. We are sending every possible reinforcement in the city to you now. This is where we make our stand. Bring that bitch down, Baiel!”

“Yes, sir!” he replied, suddenly excited.

It only took him another second to realize that he had no clue about how to do that. The Commissioner was not on the line anymore.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia felt good at finally having some challenge. She was looking forward to the possibility of stretching a little. The giant knew that her adventure would eventually end, that the tiny fuckers would find the way to kill her. But the scattered cops standing between her and the crowd were not going to be the ones to do so. She had already faced their likes, and a quick rub of her abdomen with the fingertips of her right hand confirmed to her that there were no lasting consequences of that confrontation.

There were a dozen blocks between her and her new destination, the Monarchs’ Arena. Her enhanced sight granted her a very good view of the scene despite the distance, though. Of course, the people could see her too, even without improved visual abilities, only because of the fact that she was gigantic.

The first six blocks were practically empty, save for the typical abandoned vehicles that were nothing more than an amusing inconvenience to her. The next six were teeming with cops and their things. It was quite obvious that they had been unprepared for her arrival. Lucia could see them hurrying to form a blockade, moving squad cars and navy vans with the KPD logo into a line, while the shooters made a line. Behind them, a larger group was moving in a frenzy. From Lucia’s vantage point of view, it soon became evident that a portion of them had been assigned to the protection of the citizens still being herded into the Arena while the rest were taking positions, getting ready for her arrival.

Lucia made sure to be slow and enticing as she sauntered towards them. She got there in no time, anyway. Soon enough that they were still not completely ready. She had not given a damn if they were, knowing as she did that it would have had zero effect on the outcome of the confrontation.

She was about a block away when it all started. Lucia had casually strutted her way towards her destination, her mind already made up. She remembered with some amusement her doubts and hopes the first time she had met a similar group of policemen. She had been another woman, back then. A woman that had not yet understood her full potential. A woman that had gone through a cathartic experience as she had been attacked first and had then wiped her attackers out.

The woman now heading towards the cops was, in a way, a consequence of that first encounter. And, different than in the morning, she would be the one calling the tune this time.

All the doubts she had had seemed to have been transferred to the cops. Lucia wore a permanent smirk on her face as she observed their awe as she approached them. They had not been expecting her. And it was obvious that they did not know what to do.

So, eventually, they ended up doing the predictable thing: shooting at her.

From up high, Lucia could perfectly notice the sequence: the barrels of the guns and rifles flashed, a fraction of a second later she felt the tapping all along her nude skin and finally her ears caught the loud bangs. The concatenation repeated itself hundreds of times as Lucia stopped, hands on her hips, ready to weather the barrage.

By now, she already knew that the impacts were annoying but harmless. Or so she thought. The giant had been willing to endure the familiar stings without hiding or protecting herself, to prove her superiority to the tiny cops. She did not need to.

Lucia could not help but let a loud laugh out as she realized that the impacts of the microscopic bullets were way less irritating than they had been. Each hit had felt like being stung or bitten by a small insect before. Now she barely registered the impacts as painless taps, almost like being sprinkled with water. When or how that transformation had happened, she did not know. But she was certainly not going to complain about it!

Her roaring laughter sowed even more doubts among the cops’ ranks, up to the point where many of them stopped shooting, realizing about the futility of it all. Lucia easily noticed the change in intensity of the gunfire hitting her. It was her cue.

She was moving before anyone could notice, taking three steps to close the remaining distance between her and the front of the blockade, ignoring the innocuous impacts on her calves and thighs. Her right foot was soon looming over a group of attackers, the shadow her sole cast over them letting them know about their fate a second before it was sealed.

Lucia did not even force her stomp. Instead, she just set her foot normally, finishing a dozen or so cops and two of their cruisers anyway. They broke then and there, dozens of policemen suddenly abandoning their positions and stampeding back as they realized that they had nothing to gain from fighting the monstrous woman. Unfortunately, they had nothing to gain from fleeing either.

Encouraged by the lack of pain from the shots, Lucia decided to take a closer look at the fight, gracefully crouching and then getting on her hands and knees.

“What a sorry excuse for a police force. I mean, I knew you were puny, but I would have never imagined that you would be so pathetic,” Lucia taunted them.

Her fist landed without warning into a packed group of officers to her right, turning seven of them into pulp.

“So, there are thousands of people in the Arena, hundreds of you and one of me. Any bets about who is going to end up on top?”

She swept a section of the street with her left hand, crushing three squad cars and sending over a dozen cops flying, a glass façade violently stopping the dark blue figures mid-flight.

It was easy enough to see that they were desperate. Now, the officers divided themselves between the ones that were only trying to run and the ones that were shooting back, conscious that there was no point in just trying to escape. Lucia started feeling the inconsequential tapping of their bullets back on her neck and cheeks. She simply ignored it as she slammed her open palm twice on the fleeing mass, finishing countless lives. A quick look at her gory palm confirmed to her that she would need to go for a swim soon enough. Being a giant woman seemed to be a filthy business.

She stopped when she felt something hit her eye. Lucia instinctively closed it, feeling something brush against her cornea. She opened her eyelid again, only to have a tear carry the particle that had been bothering her away. Another one hit again, followed by another. Lucia became concerned, knowing that it was highly unlikely to be randomly hit in the same eye three times in a row.

She closed her eye once more, feeling the specks of dust she now knew were bullets bothering. Still, another tear took care of them as she opened her eye once more. Her sight seemed to be unaffected. Rather than being amazed at having also a bullet-proof eye, Lucia was furious at what she knew was a premeditated attack. She instinctively raised her hand to protect her eyes, feeling four hits on her palm as she looked for the source of the attack. She quickly found it in the sixth story window of a nearby building. She could not see the sniper, but she could see the flash of his gun when it shot a fifth time.

Lucia had to admit that the guy was smart. This did not made her any less upset. Before anyone could know what was going on, she was back on her feet. She was standing in front of the offending building in half a dozen steps. Like every skyscraper in the area, it towered over her, even if this one did not do it by much.

Lucia knew that she had two options. She was not interested in the subtle one. So, before anyone could understand what she was thinking about, the giant drew her leg back and kicked the building with violence, feeling her shapely foot and calf dig into the building as if it had been made of crackers. She removed her foot and stooped to see the massive damage it had caused. The building was still holding on, but it was noticeably battered. If she had had to bet, she would have done so for the shooter being dead already. Luckily, she did not need to leave things like this to luck anymore.

Lucia’s foot kicked the building once more, choosing a different entry point. And then, she kicked yet another time. She was about to repeat the operation when the structure could not hold it anymore and collapsed, sending debris flying and burying nearby policemen as a massive cloud of smoke started rising. It had been an unintended side effect, but a welcome one.

It had taken her less than ten minutes to reduce the former police force to a group half of its former numbers and with no fighting spirit whatsoever. This was not going to save them from her wrath, in any case.

Happy with what she had just done, Lucia buried her hand into a nearby standing skyscraper. When she removed it, she was holding a pile of rubble, furniture and dead bodies on her palm. They did not last there long. Lucia did not even take aim as she tossed her improvised ammunition into the fleeing cops.

“Bulls eye!” she said in scorn as plenty of them fell to the attack.

The next group perished under her foot as the giant started to casually chase the survivors, stepping gingerly on them, as if this would make them less dead. By now, she was already five blocks into the blockade, barely a square away from the last refugees getting into the Arena.

The first cops were starting to blend with the mass of people they should have protected, as if this was going to help them avoid their fate. Lucia knew better. After all, she was not above wiping out thousands if that meant getting who or what she wanted. She moved with determination towards the mob but had to stop at the weirdest thing that had happened to her since waking up.

Ever since she had taken full ownership of her new condition, Lucia had had four basic types of reactions from the tiny people: either they tried to flee, they tried to hide, they paralyzed with fear or they tried to fight back. What she had not yet had was someone moving towards her, standing her ground in front of her, challenging her. There was always a first time for everything, she guessed.

Genuinely curious, Lucia stopped, looking down at the tiny woman that had broken out of the group and was heading in her direction. When the tiny blonde finally stopped and looked up, Lucia felt truly astonished for the first time in the day.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Sharon had met Lucia at a party, almost four years ago. They had both clearly been the hottest women around and had ended up laughing together at the consecutive attempts from the same guy to hit them both.

Another coincidental meeting at a bar, a month later, had got them into a conversation. Their friendship had started to forge there. They were too much alike not to get along. Over the last four years, Lucia and she had jogged together, clubbed together, shopped together and shared problems together. Sharon loved Lucia’s genuine and sometimes excessive character. She was a great companion to have fun, but also a loyal friend when she had needed her.

This affection made Sharon ignore Lucia’s flaws, the most obvious of them the fact that she often seemed to have a chip on her shoulder. It was hard for Sharon to judge her too strictly on this, since she had to acknowledge that life had treated her better than her friend. Sharon’s job was not out of this world, but it was both more interesting and better paid than Lucia’s. Most importantly, she did not need to deal with regular harassment in the office. And still, Sharon knew that Lucia’s anger went deeper than that.

She would have never imagined that it could go so deep as she had seen during the day. By now, Sharon was ready to accept that what had happened to her friend was real, that she had really become gigantic. She had already witnessed the first spurt of her growth, when she had gained a couple of feet and tossed a mugger around like a rag doll. She had not learned about her further transformation until she got to work after being released from the police station and had tried to check for the wellbeing of her friend. She had got a continuous busy line from the Hospital where she had been taken. It had not been until an hour later, when the first images started hitting the net and the newscasts, that Sharon had found out the truth.

Her emotions had been like a rollercoaster since then. Thankfully, no one at the office knew about her relationship with Lucia, so she just looked like another curious employee as she kept her attention on the fifteen different browser windows she had open on her PC. Everyone else in the office was doing the same; no one shared the same interest in the events that she did, though.

Sharon found herself gasping in horror as Lucia fell over a building, bringing it down, together with everyone inside. She then had to fight hard to contain a yell when the police started shooting at her. She hated her colleagues when the office erupted in cheers when they brought her down with a missile. Her surprise was analogous to that of her co-workers when Lucia stood back up, even if her reaction to the fact was considerably more relieved.

Things had got out of control then and there. Sharon had seen Lucia annihilate the police force, step on people, kick a building out of existence… and this had only been the beginning. When her friend now turned giant waded a thick crowd with apparent disregard for the hundreds of lives she was sowing, Sharon felt disgusted. She then saw her eat a woman. And when Lucia turned to the dozens of cameras pointing at her from the news helicopters, Sharon understood up to which point the city was fucked.

Lucia and Sharon had double dated once. Things had gone well and the four of them had ended up at the place of one of the boys. Sharon knew she was good in bed, but Lucia was something else. The woman was wild. Sharon saw the same look in her when she looked at the camera that she had seen that night. She then realized how much into what she was doing Lucia was.

“Damned fuckers!” she murmured at her desk. Sharon had seen Lucia hesitating when she had met the cops. She had seen her trying to reach an agreement. She knew she would have honored it. And they had pushed her all the way to becoming a monster. Sharon could see all the anger, all the frustration of countless years suddenly surfacing. And then some. She could not believe that it was her friend that was doing this. But she could not deny it either.

Her company’s management had advised everyone to stay in the building for safety. Authorities had recommended people to stay out of the streets as much as possible. Until they had changed their mind and asked everyone in the neighborhood to move towards the safest building in the area: the Monarch’s Arena.

It was there that Sharon saw her friend live for the first time since she had been taken out of her apartment, unconscious, by a group of battered cops. She was among the very few that did not scream their lungs out when Lucia’s looming presence became visible down the street.

Sharon stood outside the Arena, frozen, observing her friend move in her direction with murderous intentions. She then heard the shots.

“Stupid!” she muttered.

Lucia seemed unaffected. It surprised Sharon, who vividly remembered the pain her friend had suffered when she had been shot the first time. The murder fest started right after.

There was no trace of compassion in Lucia. No hint of her humanity as she crushed the cops by the dozen, teasing them when she did. She recognized her friend’s wits and dark humor there, but it was way crueler than she could have ever believed. Sharon’s horror peaked when Lucia brought down a building with three well-placed kicks, burying countless people into its rubble. She could barely see her legs and feet by then, Lucia so close that it was hard to see her face without craning her neck.

The cops that had tried to stop her, that had tried to protect the people that was being evacuated, were now running for their lives. Sharon saw the first two run past her and get into the crowd. Lucia’s foot landed with deadly force not too far away, snuffing several more lives and making the ground under Sharon shake with violence.

And then, without known too well why, Sharon felt a force rising inside her and found herself walking in the opposite direction to everyone else. Walking towards the giant that was terrorizing the city. Walking towards her friend.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia was perplexed for the first time in hours. Standing merely a step in front of her was Sharon. Her best friend. Her only friend. She was as tiny as everyone else in the world was to her now, but Lucia’s enhanced eyesight let her see her expression with fine detail. She had seen it before. After all, even best friends got upset with each other. It was not the first time she saw someone angry at her. It was the first time she actually gave a shit about it.

“Sharon?” she asked, sounding as surprised as she was.

Her friend’s squeaky but recognizable voice got clearly to her ears, despite her relative size and the distance that separated them both, considerably larger than a football pitch.

“Of course it’s me!” she said, sounding as upset as she looked. Her attitude puzzled Lucia a bit, even if deep inside, she guessed she knew where it was coming from. And still, there was an amusing component to it.

“What are you doing here?” Lucia asked, even if she knew that Sharon worked in the neighborhood and was starting to add two plus two in her head.

“What are you doing here?” Sharon asked back.

Lucia opened her arms and answered:

“Isn’t it obvious?”

Of course, Sharon would have seen her on TV. The entire world had. She had seen what she had done. Everything she had done. Lucia blushed slightly, but then quickly reaffirmed herself in her behavior. Determined to keep the lead, Lucia started to crouch gracefully. Sharon took a step back, obviously impressed with her massive figure coming so close. Lucia suppressed a giggle. She did not give her little friend time to react before she extended a palm and set it on the ground, right in front of Sharon.

“Why don’t we make this conversation easier?”

She saw the look in Sharon’s face. There was hesitation. But also fear. Lucia felt somewhat hurt, but she understood too.

“I would never hurt you,” she said in the gentlest tone she could cast.

“You have killed thousands!” Sharon then yelled back, in obvious anger.

“They were not you,” Lucia said, shrugging.

Sharon was visibly shocked by her answer. Lucia knew why. And there was not much she could do about it. She was eager to go on with the conversation, though. Since Sharon did not seem too eager to take the step, Lucia decided to take matters into her own hands. Her friend was startled when she moved her palm back up, unfolding her fingers into a different pose: a pinch. Of course, there was nothing Sharon could do to prevent her from picking her up by the sides. Lucia was the gentlest she had been in the entire day when raising Sharon from the ground, bringing her now kicking form in front of her eyes as she stood up herself.

“Sorry,” she offered with a smile. “This was going to happen one way or the other, so I thought we’d rather use the time to discuss things that mattered.”

Sharon’s fire was back in her eyes.

“You can’t just force everyone to do as you please!” she yelled back.

“As a matter of fact, I can,” Lucia shrugged back.

“Who do you think you are?” Sharon asked, still angry.

Her attitude was not helping the exchange. It started to fed Lucia up.

“I don’t know, who do you think I am?” she asked, sounding sharper than in her previous attempts.

Sharon remained silent. Her expression was softening a bit, maybe also showing a bit of fear. Lucia did not want to scare her, but it was good to get over Sharon’s initial overreaction.

“Right?” Lucia asked. Then she added: “Let’s make this easier.”

Without further warning, Lucia cupped her left hand and then deposited Sharon’s inch-tall figure on it with the utmost care. She ended up sitting in the center of the cup, as safe as anyone could ever get there.

“It is good to see you, Sharon,” she finally said.

“Is it?” Sharon snapped back, her anger returning.

Lucia decided there was no point in delaying the inevitable. Sharon was very upset, and she knew why.

“I know how some of the stuff I’ve done must have looked from your point of view,” she said.

Sharon was not going to give up only with this, of course.

“I don’t know. How did it look from yours?” her blonde friend asked.

“You know? I wish you could see it for yourself. I almost wish that you could share this with me, live how great this is. But then, I don’t. Because, you know, I’m going to end up dead in hours, and I would hate it if what happened to you.”

Lucia could tell that her words had finally softened Sharon a bit.

“You… you don’t know that,” she finally said.

Lucia could only laugh. Sharon brought her hands to her ears, making her cut her laughter abruptly.

“Sorry for that,” she apologized. “But I can only love your wishful thinking. You know they will bring me down. They are gathering at the airport as we speak. And I can guarantee you, next time someone attacks me, it will not be a walk in the park as it was with the cops.”

Sharon’s expression changed again at the mention of the cops she had crushed. Lucia cursed. It had been an uncalled mistake. Well, there was no option but to deal with it now.

“I don’t recognize my friend when you talk about killing people just like that,” she said, more disappointed than angry. It was worse.

“Do you forget that the cops were the ones who attacked me first?” Lucia replied.

“What about the people?” Sharon then asked.

There was only one way to go. Lucia took it.

“People? You mean that ones that cheered when the cops shot a missile at me? The ones that looked the other way when Phil harassed me? The ones that knew Carl was cheating at me and laughed at my back? Or maybe you mean the ones that have made my life a living hell over the last years? The world has given me shit, and I’m giving shit back to the world!” she finally let out.

“Does it make you feel better, then?” Sharon asked.

Lucia frowned. And then, she smiled.

“It does, actually. It makes me feel in charge. It makes me feel alive. This is the part you cannot understand without looking at things my way. But, before you judge me, just think about this: I have been a giant for almost a full day now. I’ve tried both ways. I was the same old me, at first, scared and apologetic. And I got the same crap from the world. Believe me, this new approach is working out so much better.”

“As long as you can live with it,” Sharon said, accusing.

“Oh, I won’t have to live long with it, don’t worry,” Lucia replied.

Sharon was stunned. And then, Lucia saw a tear running down her face.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked, confused.

“Has the size made you so selfish that you can’t even see?” Sharon asked back. “You may be alright with dying. You may even be eager to. But there are still people that care about you!”

Lucia was taken by complete surprise. Sharon was, of course, talking about her.

“I… I thought you were horrified at what I did,” she said.

“Of course I am!” Sharon shouted back.

“But you don’t want me to die”

“You are my friend, for God’s sake!”

Lucia remained speechless for a few seconds, the screams coming from the street far away in the distance the only soundtrack to the scene.

“Then, try to put yourself in my shoes when I’m gone. I’m not asking you to understand what I did, but I ask you not to judge me from your perspective.”

“The cop’s weapons did not hurt you,” Sharon said, changing the direction of the conversation.

“No, but they will eventually find something that will,” Lucia said.

“You sound too sure,” Sharon said.

“Is there any other option?” Lucia asked back.

“They have not attacked you yet,” Sharon said.

“They must still be getting ready,” the giant replied.

“Then, don’t let them,” Sharon asked.

Lucia had been surprised before. She was shocked now.

“You realize what you are suggesting?”

Sharon nodded.

“Just don’t kill civilians,” she said.

Lucia let out a soft laugh. So, Sharon was now seeing her situation as a fight between her and the army and was asking her to soften her “rules of engagement”. The lengths she was willing to go in order to rationalize what she was asking her were touching. Because, after all, she was only doing it in order to have some hopes that she would live. Lucia had none. So, it was not hard to come back with a white lie:

“Let’s do something. Let me set you somewhere safe and go take care of the soldiers. If I make it back alive, we can have a chat about my approach to this. Deal?”

Sharon hesitated. Then nodded.

It took Lucia a minute to find a suitable spot. It was the only roof in the vicinity of where she was that was not higher than her. She reached the spot in no time, taking care to avoid any collateral victims in the process. She could still not avoid a spongy feeling under her left sole after a few steps. Lucia decided not to fill Sharon into what had happened and simply kept a cheerful face. She had never been so careful as when she set her friend on the rooftop.

“Wait for me here, will you?”

She had not had too many expectations regarding her fight with the army. She knew they would be nothing like the cops. In a way, Lucia had been avoiding them, stalling in her way through Downtown, trying to have some more fun before the unavoidable happened. She could not postpone it anymore. After all, she would have better chances if she caught them unprepared. And now, she had a promise to keep. A promise to the only person she still cared about.

 

Chapter 18 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 18

 

General Colt had gathered his staff to look at the satellite imagery. No one really knew what Lucia Torres had done after wiping the cops out, but she had given them some precious time that they had used to get closer to readiness. Unfortunately, the news had not been so good over the last minutes.

After the still unexplained interruption, the giantess had resumed her advance, and it was clear that she was now making her way in their direction at a much faster pace and in a much straighter line. Which meant that they did not have long.

“Sherman?” he asked.

“Keane’s team is not ready yet. They are getting close, but they will need at least another hour to synthetize the composite. Then we will need to weaponize it.”

“So?” Colt inquired.

“Our only possible recommendation is thermite,” he said, straight faced.

“You don’t look convinced,” Colt said.

“I’m not,” Sherman admitted.

“So?”

“If the conventional attack fails, it’s our only available option right now. I would recommend holding off on its use until we are certain we cannot bring her down the old-fashioned way,” he said.

“You are aware of the implications of what you are saying,” Colt said, sounding grave.

“I am,” Colonel Sherman admitted. He felt like a man who was carrying a very heavy weight on his shoulders. And it was. It was the weight of the hundreds of lives he was putting on the line with his recommendation.

An aide rushed into the room just then.

“We know what Lucia Torres was doing,” he said. Colonel Sherman identified him as a Captain in Intelligence.

General Colt arched an eyebrow, waiting for the news.

The Captain touched a control and the image on the screen changed. They were now looking at a rooftop, with a much more magnified zoom. It showed the azimuthal view of a young blonde woman.

“Who is she?” General Colt asked.

“Sharon Higgins. She is Lucia Torres’ best friend. She was questioned by the police yesterday, after they arrested Lucia Torres in her apartment. She was with her,” the Captain briskly said.

“Why…?”

“Lucia Torres had a long conversation with her. She set her there after they finished. Just before she started moving straight away to our position.”

General Colt frowned. He finally gave the logical order:

“Send a team. Bring her in.”

 

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia realized that the fight was going to start when her usual entourage of news helicopters suddenly turned and left. There was only one possible reason for that: the military had commanded them to. She flexed her muscles, feeling adrenaline pump into her veins.

Maybe because of her conversation with Sharon or maybe only because of coincidence, she had ended up heading to the airport through the emptiest possible route, which ensured that the collateral victims stayed at a minimum. Any newfound consideration she could have felt at human life disappeared when she saw the first soldiers in the distance.

Lucia realized that they did not want her to take the fight to the airport. She still thought that she had caught them before they were completely ready, but whoever was in charge had made sure that the troops were deployed as far away from their improvised headquarters as possible, forming some sort of protection ring. As far as she knew, she was still three or four miles away from her destination, but the soldiers had chosen to make their first stance in the city, before she could get out of the maze of glass and concrete and face them in the relatively open field of the highway.

Her first contact was with the infantry. She could see the little green army men a couple dozen blocks away, deploying themselves with quite more discipline than the cops had. And it still did not feel like such a great deal. After all, as far as she was concerned, they were not that different from the police, were they? Maybe their peashooters would be a bit more powerful, but she did not think that would make the difference. If she had to believe the pilots she had questioned back at BioChem, the army had brought much more than this. So, the question was: where was the heavier stuff?

There was no point in thinking about it. Lucia was no military genius, but she understood why the brass had chosen to fight her while still in the city, despite the considerably higher risk of collateral damage. In that terrain, surrounded by buildings that still towered over her, Lucia could not resort to one of the advantages of her new stature: she did not have a panoramic view of the battlefield. Whatever the army guys were going to throw at her, she realized that they would keep it hidden until the last minute.

This, of course, was yet another proof that she was facing professionals of warfare now. Not only would their numbers be higher and their equipment more powerful, but their tactics would also be way more advanced. She scowled. And then, she decided to add a little innovation of her own. She was also more than capable to surprise them.

Lucia realized that this was the first time she ran as a giant. She had not needed to. The balls of her feet sank considerably deeper into the asphalt as she rushed towards the soldiers, making them hurry whatever it was they were preparing. The heavy bouncing of her breasts reminded her why she never ran without a tight sports bra, but there was nothing she could do about it now.

Lucia had been fast when merely walking. Breaking into a sprint brought her close to the speed of sound, carrying her to her destination in mere seconds. Lucia was a fit woman, no stranger to the gym and regular jogging. And yet, the muscles in her calves and thighs had never felt so powerful. She did not turn to inspect the wake of her rush, but if she had, she would have found an impassable cratered road and deep cracks in the façades of most buildings on both sides of it. Instead, the giant simply looked down at her toes. Professional or not, the tiny soldiers looked awestruck. It was one thing to see her approaching in the distance and another to find her looming over them.

The shooting started soon enough, even if less organized than she would have expected. Lucia smirked when she found the effects of the military rifles as laughable as those from the cops. She meant business, though, so she did not waste any time in crushing the first packed group of troopers under her right foot.

The soldiers were obviously shocked, both at the physical and psychological implications of her stomp. Different than the cops, though, they did not break. Lucia kept feeling the almost constant tapping of the firearms, now mostly on her feet, ankles and calves. A well-placed step took care of one of the most intense focuses of it. This left a group of attackers to the left of her foot. Rather than trying to use their window of opportunity to flee, they kept on shooting. She briefly admired their resilience. An instant later, she swept her foot, sending a dozen or so dark green bodies flying and crashing into the façade of a building.

Lucia had been standing over the infantry position for less than a minute, but it was already clear that the fight was a decisive win. She felt her nipples harden at the thought as her confidence skyrocketed. What if she had been too pessimistic with the outcome of the battle? What if she was stronger than she gave herself credit for? What if she prevailed, in the end?

Lucia smirked as she crouched, reaching with her right hand for a barricaded position. She felt the inconsequential impacts of the rifles in her palm before closing it, grabbing a handful of the defenders. Leveraging the movement, she reached even further into the group with her left hand, grabbing another dozen or so GIs before she stood up.

The first group, she simply tossed over her shoulder. The second, she eyed with an evil smile as she opened her hand under her face. She had a dozen or so inch-tall bodies on it, each looking as feeble and helpless as any of the people she had held so far, the only difference being the greenish camouflage fatigues and the type harmless weapon in their hands. They looked terrified. Finally.

“Next time you pick a fight, choose someone your own size,” Lucia said with derision.

She did not waste time in closing her fingers again. She enjoyed the pathetic attempts of the soldiers she was holding at fighting the titanic force of her digits as they closed into a fist, compressing them in her tightening grasp, as if they were going to be able to do anything about it. Lucia started feeling the first cracks soon after. She did not stop squeezing, going all the way until her knuckles turned white and gore started oozing through the cracks between her fingers.

The giant opened her bloody palm in mad satisfaction as she looked down at the troops, now finally looking shocked.

“You are all so going to die!” she taunted.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“What the hell happened?” General Colt asked, raising his voice for the first time, showing how even the coldest officer could get too upset to control his reactions.

“She rushed past our positions. She is slaughtering the infantry!” someone said.

Of course, everyone had already seen that. A well-known military saying stated that no plan survived the first contact with the enemy. This was turning out to be especially true in this case. Colonel Jacobs, his best field tactician, had designed the operation with a lot of care, making sure that they did not underestimate the capabilities of their enemy, a giant woman of still not well understood potential. Everyone had agreed that the man had done an excellent job, once the Secretary of Defense had given them the guideline to prioritize the operation’s effectiveness over the collateral damage.

The idea was simple, but the execution was not. They would cage the giant woman in, catching her in as much cross-fire as possible. The first requirement of the plan was to bring the fight somewhere the giant would not be able to see the disposition of their troops. Denying intelligence to the enemy was the first key to success. Then, they would lead her into the intended battlefield, using the infantry as bait. Once she was in position, they would hit her with everything they had: the infantry would use rockets and anti-tank weaponry from the front, tanks and artillery would show at her back and gunships would gunships would hit her from all sides. Attack planes were already airborne, circling the city at high altitude, in case they needed to be involved, which would be in the event the giant managed to make it out of Downtown and into a more open area.

No one had expected that Lucia Torres would dash past their defenses in an instant. Based on every possible observation of her behavior along the day, General Colt’s staff had assumed that the giantess would follow her usual pattern of approaching the threat at a slow and predictable pace. Instead, Miss Torres had given the word blitzkrieg a new meaning. And, with their lines broken, she was having a field day with the infantry, which had not even been able to get their heavier weaponry ready.

General Colt evaluated the situation. He knew he did not have time to waste. He had to make a decision, and he had to make it now. Every second that passed, more of his men died. He quickly glanced at Colonel Jacobs. The men did not avoid his look, but simply shook his head. He acknowledged that his plan was obsolete. And like this, the General was forced to make the last decision he wanted: to fight the woman head to head, with only as much coordination as they could achieve in real time.

“Send the gunships in. Give the men a break,” he commanded.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia was on her hands and knees, chasing the now fleeing soldiers, crushing them lazily both under her closed fists and open palms. The vanguard that had been shooting at her had already retreated to the APCs they had likely been transported in. Their fall back was being covered by the fire of the rearguard as well as the .50 cal turrets on the vehicles. The first one easily crushed under her fist. The second, she grabbed, enjoying the refreshing sturdiness of the armored vehicle, so different from the cars she was now used to pick and dent. She was mostly being hit at her breasts, cheeks and forehead now, but she chose to ignore the barrage, since its effect was so inconsequential.

Instead, Lucia squeezed the palm-long vehicle she was holding, smiling as the reinforced metallic frame started to dent under her strength. The APC soon deformed like an empty soda can as she kept going, proving that no matter how solid they made them, it was still easy for her to overpower the real world.

The titaness was ecstatic. She could not believe that it was all so easy. She had feared the army during the entire day, but so far, they had not proven to be much more of a challenge than the police force had been.

“Is this really all you’ve got?” she asked in scorn.

She got her answer almost immediately, when her exposed back was hit multiple times. This time she could feel both the impact and the heat. And, for the first time in a very long time, she could feel the pain.

Lucia coughed all the air in her lungs out as she was unavoidably pushed forward, her hands suddenly losing the strength to hold her massive body. Her stomach and chest dropped onto the infantrymen, crushing dozens of them under her endless torso. Lucia moaned in pain as she lied, face down, feeling both rage and alertness surge within her body. There was some growing concern too.

Her back was in pain. Each of the blows had been brutal. Individually, they had probably not been so bad as the rocket the cops had shot at her earlier in the morning, but she had been hit at least half a dozen times. Lucia could feel her skin burning, the blisters forming. Then, she could feel something else, something she had not felt before. It was weird, but she could have sworn that she could also feel her skin starting to restore.

Still lying down, Lucia cursed herself for having let her guard down. She had spent an entire day waiting for the battle with the army as the definitive event in her adventure, and then she had written them off after only a few initial easy minutes. Of course they had more than just a collection of green army men with peashooters!

Lucia felt the adrenaline pumping through her veins once more as her muscles tensed and she got ready for the fight. She was pissed off at having been harmed, but she was not too concerned. Her previous experience told her that she could endure whatever it was she had been shot with. They were probably missiles, she thought.

Suddenly focused, Lucia rolled on herself, her body crashing with the building to her left as the stretch of road she had been occupying was suddenly hit by half a dozen new missiles, making it erupt in several consecutive explosions.

Lucia felt the heat as she looked up, just in time to see the silhouettes of the three dark, insect-like helicopters flying over her. They were so different from the colorful news choppers she was so used to. The noise of rotors did not cease, and a look further down the wide road showed her three more aircraft, following the first three. The loud clattering noise preceded new impacts in her body, now in her stomach and chest, as the gunships’ automatic canons fired on her. Designed to destroy armored vehicles, the shells stung her where the soldiers’ rifles had failed, feeling almost like insect bites as they hit her all over her torso.

The shadows of the choppers passed over her and, with a strength and agility she did not know that she possessed, Lucia pushed herself from a lying position to a fighting stance, much like a martial artist coming back after being knocked. She pivoted on her heel, facing the attackers, who were now moving away.

Lucia was hurt. And she was pissed. She was incredibly pissed. When her ears caught the faint cheering from the troopers she had been chasing, the giant only shot them a glance of contempt before stomping her foot on them, finishing two dozen in one go as her sole sank ten feet into the ground.

She scowled as she evaluated the situation. So, the army had brought the bigger toys. Of course, she should have imagined that they would not have limited themselves to some pathetic soldiers. Lucia felt stupid. But at the same time, she also felt relieved. They had caught her unaware and she had been hurt. But she could tell that the consequences of the attack were not that bad. She could not see the blisters, but her back already hurt a little less now than when she had been hit. It could have been much worse. And now she knew that she could not underestimate her enemy.

Lucia did not realize that she had herself to thank for the significantly limited effects of the army’s first real strike. Her rush through their lines, her showing up where no one was expecting her to, had caught the officers leading the attack off guard, so when they had finally chosen to confront her, they had not had all the options they had wanted to. Forced by her lead, they had had to resort to the faster and more mobile elements of their offensive, the Apache attack helicopters. They still packed a lot of punch, but to Lucia, each of the six Hellfire missiles that had hit her had felt weaker than the anti-tank rocket that the cops had shot at her in the morning. This was more because of her than because of the weapon itself. As a matter of fact, Apache-mounted Hellfires were considerably more powerful than the TOW missile she had been hit with. But Lucia was not the same. GC-226 had turned her into what she was now, but it had not stopped working after it.

The first three Apaches were now a dozen blocks away from her and were starting to turn for a second round. Lucia observed it and clenched her fists, reinforcing her fighting stance and getting ready for the confrontation. There was, of course, the little detail that she had no clue about how someone fought an attack helicopter, even at her height.

She decided to just hold her ground and improvise. The attackers changed tactics, now coming at her in groups of two, the first one quickly approaching within the canyon among the tall buildings.

They were about three blocks away when they released their missiles, two each. Lucia realized that she would not be able to dodge them all, so rather than trying, she simply contracted her muscles, getting ready to be hit. She was, twice. One of the anti-tank weapons hit her square in her belly button while the other hit her right under her left breast. The remaining two missiles made a mess of their own as they hit buildings behind her.

The impacts were as painful as she had expected. And then some more. Ready as she was for the hits, though, they were not enough to throw her off her feet or even to make her step back. So, Lucia just weathered them, clenching her teeth to withstand the pain. An instant later, she just charged towards the approaching gunships, hoping to catch them unawares. She did not.

The attack helicopters were both faster and nimbler than she had anticipated, and by the time she reached the position where she thought she would meet them, fists ready for the kill, the aircraft had lifted themselves hundreds of feet in the air, getting out of reach.

Lucia frowned, frustrated. She should have guessed that it would not be so easy. Still, she repeated the operation with the next incoming couple, trying to time her rush a bit better, starting towards the attackers right after being hit. It was as useless as the previous time, her foes getting out of grasp way ahead of her arrival.

Lucia was a couple of blocks further into the infantry line, having inadvertently crushed a couple dozen more soldiers as she fought the choppers. She panted heavily, the lack of effectiveness of her simple tactic against the Apaches making her both weary and frustrated. She wanted to catch them, crush them, squeeze the life out of them. But she could not. Her blood boiled with rage at the realization.

Being as furious as she was, it was almost a miracle that she had a cold enough mind to simply wait for the third round without taking any action. Lucia decided to simply observe, to analyze the attack and the evasion pattern the pilots would follow. It was hard to, being hit twice more, the collection of blisters now reaching the dozen.

Lucia turned to face her attackers as they regrouped in the distance, mad at losing her first real fight. The truth, of course, was that she was still standing, but the attack helicopters had already inflicted some damage in her while she had not been able to touch them yet. If this were a boxing match, she would be heading to a loss to the points. In real life, the best possible analogy would be death by a thousand cuts. No matter how little each of the missiles harmed her, if the gunships kept hitting her while she could do nothing to hit them back, she would eventually get hurt bad enough.

Apparently encouraged by her pathetic performance in their last round, the pilots seemed to choose the same tactic. Soon, two attack helicopters were flying towards her, ready to unleash their weapons. They were smaller than the large transports that had evacuated the eggheads from BioChem, but they were so much more agile! And of course, these one had teeth.

The memory of the previous military helicopters she had met brought some details on how she had dealt with them too. And it was then that Lucia realized how she would handle her attackers.

For all the pilots knew, Lucia was repeating her behavior from the previous round, standing their ground in some senseless attempt to prove them that she was not affected by their weapons. And hence, they behaved the same too. Two missiles left each chopper at the same exact distance she had been shot before. A couple of them hit her while the remaining two contributed to fuel the hell the ordinance the gunships were shooting had created in the neighborhood. Lucia grunted as she was hit, but never lost sight of the offenders. They broke at approximately the same time, both climbing in a steep ascend, moving to get out of her reach as they flew over her.

Lucia timed her reaction perfectly, tensing her calves as she crouched, shooting herself to the sky in a determined jump a moment later. Lucia could still not understand how she was able to muster so much strength as to push her incredibly heavy body upwards so much. But at least, she was prepared for it. No one else was, even less the Apache pilots.

Lucia’s body cleared a height equivalent to her own stature. And it kept rising. Her jump peaked by the time Lucia could see over the roof of the tallest skyscraper in the area. The two attack helicopters were at chest level by then. Despite their helmets, Lucia could have sworn she had seen their reactions of incredulity and panic through the canopy of their cockpit. Of course, she might as well have imagined them. It did not matter. What mattered was that, finally, they were within reach. The first helicopter exploded into a massive fireball as she punched through it. The second she simply grabbed in her hand, the thick skin of her palm taking care of the rotor as if it had been made of twigs.

Downtown shook with violence as she landed. The only thing that saved the buildings around her was the fact that they had been built against the strictest specs when it came to withstanding earthquakes. And still, their façades cracked, glass shattering and raining into the streets below for blocks. Lucia landed on one knee, her mood having changed from incredibly pissed to ecstatic in the course of a second.

Even the pain seemed to have receded as she stood up, trophy in hand. A quick look down her torso actually showed her that there were merely reddened areas where she had expected to find severely burnt skin. Was her back also looking like this? The truth was that it hurt less than she had thought.

The giant opened the helicopter-containing palm and smirked as she looked into the cockpit. What she found were two bodies in awkward positions, leaving no doubt about their wellbeing. She might be ready to climb hundreds of feet in the air and land back without too many issues, but apparently the tiny mites were not up to the task.

With the possibility of torturing her former tormentors gone, Lucia simply balled the chopper in her hand and tossed it to the side, adding to the already considerable damage of the building it hit.

Exhilarated at how quickly she had managed to turn the tables, Lucia looked back to the four remaining helicopters in challenge. Her erect nipples showed that her self-confidence was back to its fullest. The same could not be said of the pilots. Having seen the fate of their comrades, it was clearly that they were hesitating about what to do as they hovered, far away enough from her.

“Come, get some!” Lucia taunted as she beckoned them with her hand. Of course, it was fruitless. She was dealing with military officers, not some brawler in a bar.

She was not afraid of them. Not anymore. Their blows suddenly felt less threatening. And their aura of invincibility was gone. She still needed them to charge in order to deal with them, though.

There were some long seconds of stalemate. Lucia broke it.

“Ok! Since you don’t seem interested in sparring with me anymore, I guess I can get back to your comrades on the ground. You know, the ones that cannot hide from me like chickens!”

Unconcerned about being caught at her back, Lucia turned and resumed her previous advance. The infantrymen had barely managed to put a couple of blocks between them and her. Nothing, by her new standards.

There were rockets coming at her from the ground too, this time. In hindsight, Lucia realized that this might be what the troopers had tried to get ready before she had rushed into their position. She did not even try to evade them. After having been hit by the stuff the gunships had thrown at her, the downscaled replicas from the ground felt barely like mosquito bites as they impacted her, barely more annoying than the constant tapping of the automatic rifle fire.

They did not even slow Lucia down. So, she was upon the retreating soldiers in no time, finishing the first score of them under her foot with insulting ease.

“Your commanders must really hate you,” Lucia boomed from above as she crushed another group of soldiers. “They have at least given your friends some toys so that they can try and annoy me. But you? They pitch hundreds of you against me and all they give you are peashooters and some firecrackers? It feels almost insulting!”

Lucia was all business now, so within less than a minute, over a hundred soldiers had ended under her soles. At this rate, she would finish the remainders of the army a quarter of an hour.

She was interrupted, once again, by an attack at her unguarded back. She immediately realized that the sharp pain at her kidney had not been caused by one of the missiles from the helicopters. The feeling was different. There was no heat, no burn. But the sting was quite worse. Lucia grunted and turned to face her new attackers. She frowned when she saw the tank-like vehicles aiming the long barrels of their canons a dozen blocks down the road.

They four canons flashed an instant before she was hit again thrice, bringing the stings to her tummy instead of her back. The fourth shot inexplicably missed, taking four stories of a building to Lucia’s left in the process. Lucia groaned once more, beginning to think that the pain from these new weapons was worse than the one she had endured from the gunships. She was somewhat relieved when a quick look down her stomach showed her that the effects of the former missile attack were visibly diminishing and that the consequences of the new impacts were not that much worse. There was no blood to be found, letting her know that the damage was only superficial.

Lucia scowled, tensing for the fight with this new enemy as she tried to understand how it made it behind her. She was less concerned than in the case of the gunships, in any case. After all, the tanks might pack a heavy punch, but they could not fly.

She clenched her fists as she stomped her way down the road, heading towards her new attackers as she withheld another salvo, this time the four shells meeting their target, which was no other than her torso. Lucia simply snorted and kept going. She smirked when she saw the crews of the four armored vehicles abandoning them. As if this was going to save them! At most, it would make her job easier!

Feeling safe once more, Lucia got ready for retribution as she took the last step into the intersection where the four now empty vehicles awaited. She would crush them first and chase their craven crews later. Her foot was halfway to its first target when hell was unleashed on her.

Lucia was hit from every possible angle, missiles, tank shells and rockets hitting every inch of her body from both sides of the intersection. She only got side glances at the myriad of tank-like vehicles stationed on the two sides of the road, as well as the hovering shapes of the gunships that had failed to hurt her seriously before.

For the first time since her growth, the pain became almost unbearable. Caught as she was in the middle of a stomp, the giant could do nothing to keep her balance, and started falling backwards as her colossal body kept being hit from every angle. Unknown to her, this was what saved her. With most of her body now outside of the line of fire, the military could not hit her anymore. This gave her the precious seconds she needed to understand the situation and react. She cursed herself when the only possible course of action she came to was to roll on herself and fall back crawling, hiding behind the building at the next intersection, sitting in a desperate effort to catch her breath.

The high-rise across the street featured the common mirrored surface of many skyscrapers. That’s how Lucia could see with her own eyes that she looked like shit. She was panting as she observed her reflection. She looked like someone that had taken a big beating at a bar fight. She could even see some blood trickling of some of her wounds, even if the stream seemed to be dying. Lucia was hurt. It was obvious on the physical side. But the pain reached even deeper inside, into her ego.

Was this finally it? Was this finally the moment when she got more than she could withstand? She had always known that she would not be able to keep her promise to Sharon, but she had hoped that at least she would be able to make her finale as grandiose as it got. Had she done that?

A minute passed. Then five. Lucia started regaining her stamina. Her attackers were nowhere to be seen. And then it occurred to her. She had been caught in a massive crossfire. She could now see how she had been lured into it. This had not been a mere attack. This had been the army’s big push, their plan to bring her down. And she was still alive.

She was not only alive, but also not that badly hurt as it had initially felt. There were no broken bones, no deep wounds. The bleeding had all but stopped and some of the swelling seemed to be receding. Lucia knew she did not want to go through the experience again, but she had already done once, and survived.

And then, she understood that the army guys had never expected she would. They had no plans beyond that. Which was the reason they were not coming for the kill. She was very much alive, and they were very much afraid of her. And now she was going to give them good reason why.

Adrenaline flooded Lucia’s bloodstream as she clenched her fists and stood up.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Captain Wilkins could not believe that the giant woman was still alive. He had never seen such a concentrated amount of firepower in his career, and he was a veteran of three wars. And yet, the reports from the headquarters were unequivocal. The woman had been hurt but had managed to crawl out of the way. She was close and apparently hurt, but still breathing.

His exchange with command was frustrating. It soon became clear that they had no clue about what to do. Breaking the set up at the intersection to chase her would be ineffective, since it would expose each of the units to her while not managing to mass the firepower they had when together. But of course, staying in place would not do too much good either.

He did not share the General’s final decision, even if he understood his motives. After the lack of success of the first attempt, he had written them off as an effective unit to fight the giant, so he was ordering them to stay in place while command devised another attack plan. His instructions were to keep his men ready to fight into the intersection, as well as to keep his rearguard covered in case the woman tried to flank them through the adjacent streets. While they had not been able to bring her down, both Command and he agreed that she would not keenly took a similar beating again. So, as long as they remained ready to shoot, they should be safe from retribution.

Or so they thought.

Captain Wilkins barely had a second to realize about their mistake when the building behind him exploded spectacularly and was replaced by the titanic form of Lucia Torres, the woman that had become the city’s nightmare, and also his.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia’s heart was pounding in trepidation as she charged through a city block and finally emerged in the middle of the detachment that had beaten her down. They were not ready for her. Of course, who could have been?

Lucia felt the building she had just gone through collapse as she quickly examined her surroundings. The first ones to go would be the two attack choppers hovering not far from where she was, of course. They were still the more mobile enemy and she wanted to deal with them before they had the chance to react. Her fist went through one of them as her other hand backhanded its comrade, sending it spiraling into yet another doomed skyscraper.

By the time she was done with them, the men at her feet had not yet managed to react. They did shortly after, the now familiar tapping of their rifle’s bullets showing up at her feet and calves.

There were about a dozen of the tank-like vehicles, even if their canons looked longer than those of tanks and their turrets were bulkier. Behind them, she could see what appeared to be large trucks holding missile launchers on their backs. The tanks looked certainly sturdier than the trucks. A quick stomp of her right foot revealed that they were not sturdy enough. True, the vehicle’s shape could still be distinguished at the bottom of her footprint when she removed her sole from it, but it was as two-dimensional as everything she had crushed so far.

Two more tanks quickly followed its fate, and then three more ended up embedding into the building at the back as she kicked them in quick succession. The remaining vehicles started moving right then, but it was already too late. To Lucia, they looked like model toys moving around without too much sense.

She crouched down to pick a missile truck in each hand, standing back up to keep her stomping fest on the tanks. The soldiers on the opposite side of the intersection reacted right then. It was surprising how they could miss so many of their shots, less than half of them actually hitting her.

Of course, Lucia was not going to get slowed down by half a dozen distant hits when she had withstood a so much worse barrage merely minutes before. She smirked as she turned towards the foes in the distance and tossed the missile trucks at them. They hit with their matches, engulfing the area in the most massive explosion she had ever seen. The buildings to both sides of the street never had a chance as the shockwave and heat from dozens of mid-range missiles exploding at the same time weakened their structures enough to bring them down in an instant. A few seconds later, all that remained of the left side of the attacking force was a rising cloud of dust.

Things were not so much better for the army boys on her side of the detachment, of course. Feeling like she had more time, Lucia got down on her hands and knees, finishing the tanks with precise punches on their turrets. Missile trucks she simply grabbed and tossed, adding to the fireworks. Inch-tall soldiers screamed, running around in flames as Lucia kept dealing with their peskier comrades in the tanks. When only one of the armored vehicles was left, the giantess simply grabbed it into a massive hand, raising it to her face like a trophy.

The pain was all but gone, replaced by pure thrill, as Lucia held the final proof of her victory. The army had intended this to be their glorious stand. Lucia squeezed her hand, feeling her fingers dent the thick armor with ease, proving herself and the world that she had won.

A minute later, Lucia Torres was walking down the main road again, heading for the airport. Unnoticed to her, the bruises and swelling covering her body were quickly receding. She had not been feeling the pain for a while, now. Her mind was too focused on something else. For the first time in the entire day, she felt like victory might be at hand. Much like she had anticipated, the army had put on a brutal fight. What Lucia had not realized before was just how tough she had become. Maybe, just maybe, she was tough enough to prevail. The sooner she got to the army’s headquarters at the airport, the sooner she would find out.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

The improvised staff room became as silent as a funeral as the officers on it witnessed how the giant Lucia Torres obliterated their forces with vice. Based on what they had learned from the scientists at BioChem, they had always known that the giant woman would be tough. This was the reason they had worked on all the contingencies. But still, everyone had secretly hoped that their standard methods would end up doing the trick. After all, they have put together enough firepower to take over a small country.

General Colt broke the silence:

“Sherman?”

The Colonel looked up, shaking his head.

“Keane will need almost an hour to be ready,” he said in a concerned tone.

“Let’s burn her, then.”

Colonel Sherman nodded, even if he still had reservations about the plan. Of course, he had no clue about the science involved in turning a secretary into a deadly giant woman, but somehow the redhead had sounded more convincing than the stuck-up career man that had given them the advice that they were about to follow.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Would they have more troops, back at the airport? Lucia guessed they would. She doubted they could have much more firepower than the one they had already unleashed. She tried to remove that last thought from her mind. The last thing she wanted was to be caught off guard again. She had to get ready for the worst.

She could not prevent letting her mind wander a bit, though. After what she had been through, she deserved as much. Lucia knew that winning this next fight would be far from meaning that she had won in the long run. The army would keep coming. They would keep trying stuff. They would keep fighting her with all they had. The last thing they would allow would be to have someone like her calling the shots.

But if she could win the fight at the airport, she might be able to get them off her back for a day. Maybe even two. And she was drooling only to think just how much stuff she could accomplish in that time. Kingston had already felt her presence, but if she was given more time she would make sure her impact in the world was deeper. She would grow her myth.

The thought gave Lucia a renewed resolve and unconsciously made her force her pace a little. She slowed down when the first army units started showing up in the distance, still within the confines of the city. So, they had a second protection ring. Lucia took a deep breath and then exhaled slowly. Of course, it was never going to be that easy.

She did not know just how true this last thought was until a whistling sound made her look up. She could see several wakes in the sky, which she quickly recognized as those of jets. Lucia barely had time to brace before the missiles they had shot at her hit.

Lucia expected heat and piercing pain, similar to the effect of the missiles the Apaches had shot at her. She got none of the latter, but way more than she could have bargained for of the former. Lucia thought she had felt pain before. She had not known what pain was. She was in utter agony now.

It felt as if every fiber of her body was on fire, her skin peeling off in lumps as the muscle below threatened with melting. She was in too much agony to think, so all she managed to piece together was that she had been hit with some type of incendiary stuff… napalm, phosphorus or whatever the fuck it was.

So, the army had finally found the way to get rid of her. She had known it would come. She would have never imagined that it would be being burned alive. It was the most painful and shameful way of dying she could imagine.

The fire kept crawling into her body, now reaching her bones, charring them in intense heat, threatening to crack them as the rest of her being burned. She tried to scream, but her lungs were not able to produce any sound anymore. Her limbs stopped responding, her eyes went dark and Lucia knew that her death was imminent.

And then, as quickly as the agony had invaded her, it went away. It did not only vanish, but instead it was replaced with something else. Lucia could not believe it when she was suddenly engulfed into a bliss that felt close to an orgasm. Was she dead already and were these her first moments in the afterlife? If so, she could certainly endure eternity in such a state of pleasure.

She risked opening her eyes a second later, almost expecting to be surrounded by light. Instead, she was surrounded by a city. A miniature city that was shocked at the new amazing events it was witnessing. It took Lucia a couple of seconds to notice herself. She was so focused on the rapidly healing wounds, on the unexplainable sight of her body knitting the skin that had been torn together, that she had not realized about what triggered the whole process.

Then, as the windows in the building in front of her moved down as if she were standing on an exterior elevator, Lucia understood what was happening. Her body was not only healing. It was also growing.

Of course, she would never understand the details about just how interrelated both effects were. The damage the thermite had caused in her body had been so massive that the only way out GC-226 had found to heal her had been to make her grow once more. There had been a lot of damage. And she was growing a lot.

The skyscraper standing beside Lucia had been one of the tallest in the city, and the giant’s head was already reaching all the way up to its last quarter. And apparently, there were no signs suggesting that the stretching was going to stop any time soon.

Lucia did not know what to make of the news. Her first reaction was of relief at being alive. But, of course, there was much more to what had happened to her than just survival.

A quick look down at the road showed Lucia that her feet were expanding at the same rate as her body, bulldozing stuff around them as her toes headed towards the building across the street. Her forehead soon reached the roofline of the skyscraper beside her. Her expansion went on, so it did not take her long to peek over it.

Lucia looked down at her torso to see that the last of the wounds were practically closed. Her skin was as flawless as ever, her body as gorgeous as it had ever been. With the need for healing now gone, the expansion finally stopped. By the time it did, the roof of the skyscraper she had been growing next could barely make it under her massive breasts. Lucia’s jaw dropped when she vaguely remembered that the building in question was supposed to be some thousand feet tall.

Lucia had known she had been big before. She now realized just how much of an understatement that had been. She only had to take a quick look around to check what she had already known: she was taller than anything in Kingston. There was no structure that could even hope to rival with her.

Lucia had felt some frustration when getting into Downtown, when the first buildings started towering over her. She now knew that she would not be faced with that feeling again. Not at this size.

Of course, this was only one of the most minor consequences of her new growth. She realized that there would be pros and cons but stopped that train of thought when she understood that she owed her life to this new growth spurt. What was the point debating the advantages and disadvantages of the process that had saved her life? And not only that; it had also given her the ultimate power.

Lucia smiled when she started to comprehend the real implications of what had happened to her. It was not only that she was much bigger. It was not only that she was orders of magnitude more powerful. She guessed that any of the attacks that had made her suffer so much in her fight with the army would now barley feel like an itch. And still, these were not the best news. The real meaning of what had happened to her reached much further. Because now she knew that if anyone ever managed to put an attack together that could seriously hurt her, the only thing they would get would be to make her grow once more.

And like that, Lucia realized she had won. She was indestructible. Immortal. A goddess!

From her new height, the city spread around Lucia like a map. Any advantage the army might have sought by bringing the fight between the buildings was now gone, her godly gaze revealing every detail of their disposition. She was surprised at how many of them were left, protecting the way to the airport in three different rings. Ten minutes before she might have felt some dismay at the sight. She now welcomed it.

“So, tell me guys. How should I thank you for having made me all powerful?” Lucia’s voice boomed, heard in every corner of the city.

Without further warning, her right foot raised, setting two blocks further, causing a magnitude 5 earthquake as it landed. Her hips brought down the buildings at both sides of the street as she started her slow stroll, the road now too narrow for her to walk along. Two more buildings collapsed even before she got to them, the shakes and the heavy damage her presence had caused in the area’s structural integrity taking their toll. Lucia’s first four steps at her new stature killed thousands. She could not have cared less.

 

 

End Notes:

 

 

Chapter 19 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 19

 

There was utter silence in the meeting room. After the initial chaos produced by the shock at what they were seeing, no one dared to talk as they looked at the images in the multiple screens in the room. Each of them showed a different angle of Lucia Torres. In each of them, she was gigantic beyond belief.

The human mind is not predisposed to accept some things until it does. This is what happened with the second growth spurt of the giant secretary. After having seen her roam the city at the size of a forty-story building most of the day, everyone on the meeting room was ready to acknowledge that humans could become gigantic. From there, accepting that she was now much more massive was relatively simple. It was not any less painful.

Over the last hour, the United States Military had lost more men than in the wars or Iraq and Afghanistan combined, and now they could see that all they had accomplished had been to make the monstrous woman even bigger and more powerful. Worst of all, the feeling in the room was that it had all been for nothing. For the first time in years, a group of high ranking officers was seriously contemplating the possibility that they had lost.

The shock had reached even the soldiers standing guard at the meeting room’s door. This was why Doctor Riley Keane managed to break into it without opposition, her face red with anger.

“You fucking idiots! I told you! I fucking told you!”

Her rant seemed to bring life back into some of the officers sitting at the table. Not everyone recognized her, since she had mostly been dealing with Colonel Sherman. Everyone recognized the older man walking hurriedly after her as Dr. Lyman Stahl.

The fact that no one replied immediately was proof enough of the morale in the room. Almost every man in the room looked at General Colt, waiting for him to kick her out. He cleared his voice. He did not have her removed from the room, though.

“Dr. Keane, I presume,” he said in a surprisingly calm tone.

Riley nodded, her hard breathing showing just how agitated she was.

“What did just happen?” he then asked.

Riley forced herself to quiet down. There was so much she had to share, and they had so little time!

“The drug reacted. GC-226 tried to heal her, as I predicted. I did not think that it would trigger another growth spurt.”

“Can we assume that Miss Torres will grow again if we manage to hurt her with some other weapon?” General Colt asked.

“Which weapon… oh my God! You cannot nuke her!” Riley they reacted.

“Will she grow again?” General Colt asked.

“She might,” Riley finally admitted, even if she had doubts. A strong enough fusion warhead might incinerate her bad enough that there would be nothing to reconstruct. Still, were they willing to take the risk? And were they really thinking on throwing a nuke into a city of eight million?

“Thanks,” General Colt said, immediately looking at a man in the corner. It took Riley some time to realize that he was the Secretary of Defense. The disappointed look in his face told Riley better than anything else that he was the one advocating for the nuclear solution. For once, she found herself thinking that Lucia Torres might not be the most dangerous person in the city.

There was silence once more. Riley remembered that the primary reason she had broken into the meeting was not to scold the high-ranking officers attending it.

“We have finished the simulation. We have the counter ready,” she announced, trying to sound calmer. Colonel Sherman instantly looked relieved.

“Will it work?” the man who had been her liaison with command asked.

“It will. The simulation predicts a ninety-seven percent success rate,” she reported with some pride.

“What is this counter supposed to do?” General Colt asked. No other man in the room seemed to be keen to be in the spotlight, so the conversation was reduced to just three people, despite the fact that there were more than twenty attending the meeting.

Riley did not want to waste time, so she gave them only the very dumbed down version:

“We will trigger a reaction similar to the one that made her grow, only more aggressive and targeted only at specific cell types. The exact cell types that you find in the heart’s muscles. Her heart will either explode or stop.”

She saw some nods around the table, as if any of the old men had understood anything. She was surprised when the Secretary of Defense addressed her from his corner:

“Won’t the original drug try to heal her?”

Riley smiled. It was actually an intelligent question.

“The beauty of the design is that if the original drug tries to heal her, it will reinforce the effects of the new drug at the same time. It would be like someone trying to escape a rope only to make it tighter the more she moves,” Riley said.

She saw more nods.

“Well, let’s use it, then?” the Secretary of Defense said.

“It’s not so easy,” Colonel Sherman interrupted.

The atmosphere, which had brightened just a bit, became dark almost instantly. Riley took over:

“We are synthetizing the compound as we speak, in a BioChem manufacturing facility north of the main site. It’s not hard to do, but Torres’ new size means that we need much more of it to ensure its effectiveness. This will delay us almost an hour.”

“An hour?” a man that had not talked yet jumped.

“An hour to synthetize the compound. At least another thirty minutes to load it in the delivery vehicles and move it towards her. Maybe more,” Riley said.

“We cannot leave the city at this monster’s mercy for two hours!” another man protested.

Riley had never been a patient woman. She did not deal well with stupidity, and she was getting plenty of it right now. So, the scorn on her voice was very noticeable as she replied:

“Well, she cannot do much worse than you nuking the city.”

It was obvious her comment had not been taken well. She caught a glance of hate from Secretary Burton through the corner of her eye. General Colt broke the moment of tension:

“Enough. She will be here in minutes. It’s time to evacuate critical personnel.”

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

It was amazing how even from her new height, now rivaling that of a small mountain, Lucia could still make out every tiny detail of the world at her toes. She stopped, marveling at the scene right in front of her. It was obvious that there had been a massive traffic jam, probably ages ago, probably caused by a smaller but still awe-inspiring version of her. The piled-up cars were visibly abandoned and covered several city blocks. Lucia raised her right foot, now larger than an Olympic swimming pool and let it hover over the first group of cars, marveling at how it could cover several dozen of them at once. She did not even force her step, instead setting her sole gently on the road. It did not make a difference: the cars crushed like tinfoil as the road was pushed several feet down, driven by her impossible weight.

God, she was huge! The word giant could not even start to describe what she had become. Despite her slow pace, each of her steps rocked the world as she moved, covering well over a city block in one go. Even if she was still in the thickest of Downtown, most buildings could not make it over her shapely hips, only the tallest ones reaching somewhere to mid-riff. Knowing that each of them, now barely the size of a piece of luggage, could hold thousands of people inside helped her understand the magnitude of what she had become some, but even then, not completely.

Lucia had been oblivious to the death and destruction she had caused as a giant for a long while now and getting bigger was not going to make her any more concerned about it. Almost as if to prove the point, the behemoth chose one of the smallest buildings in the area, which appeared to be the size of a shoebox standing on its narrow end and rested her foot on it. It was obvious who was going to win the fight, and still, the fact that it lasted less than an instant was shocking. Lucia’s foot made short work of the steel and concrete structure, turning it into a pile of rubble in less than a second, burying hundreds in a whim.

Her attention was forced away from the possibilities for exploration at her toes by two dozen almost consecutive explosions all along her never-ending torso. Lucia could see them more than feel them, the missiles hitting her almost without consequence, their pressure even lesser than that of mere rifles when she had only been the size of a smaller high-rise. The only impact that managed to produce a reaction close to a tickle was that of a lucky projectile that hit her square in her swollen and oversensitive nipple.

Lucia raised her sight to find a dozen bee-sized aircraft hovering at what she assumed they thought was a safe distance. She scowled at them.

“Do you really need to constantly remind me that you are there?” she bellowed, her voice reaching farther than any concert’s speaker system even while keeping its usual luscious tone.

Lucia could not be less concerned about the military’s ability to hurt her. Not at this size. Not with the power she felt flowing through her veins. She had already defeated them, and she sensed that she was orders of magnitude mightier than she had been. And still, she could not ignore them. They had to pay for having challenged her. And they had to be made an example of.

The choppers would be, once more, the peskier units to deal with. There was nothing they could do to hurt her now, but they could still fly, and no matter how prodigious she had become, she knew they could get out of her reach. Lucia wanted to take care of them once and for all. And she did not want to look like someone who did not have a clue as she did. It did not fit well with her new condition.

She smiled evilly when an idea passed through her head. She did not say anything else before she crouched, choosing a building to her right for what she had in mind. It reached somewhere below her exposed crotch. A size that would do, she thought.

Lucia moaned lightly as her mighty fingers dug into the asphalt as if the road had been made of soft clay. She had one hand on each side of the building, and it took her no effort to bring her hands into the ground up to their heels. She started cupping them upwards then, reaching for the underside of the high-rise’s foundations. Missiles kept hitting her glorious figure, but she simply ignored them, focusing on the most delicate part of the operation instead.

Buildings are not designed to be pulled out once they are rooted in the spot where they are constructed. Lucia had a certain instinctive knowledge about this and tried to be extra delicate as she used her hands and forearms to keep the structure as intact as possible. The occasional crack or block of rubble falling down the façade was unavoidable, but when the goddess finally stood up, holding a sixty-story tower between her hands, she smiled with pride.

The shooting from the gunships stopped right away. Lucia might be impregnable to missiles, but the building certainly was not, and they seemed to strive to avoid damaging it. She observed it as rubble kept raining down on the street below, now hundreds of feet under the foundations of the high-rise. She felt her nipples getting harder in response to the feat she had so casually accomplished.  

Lucia felt the building start to crack between her hands and realized that she would not be able to hold it intact forever. So, without further delay, she proceeded to do what she had planned. To anyone that was not her, seeing a young and immense woman raising a sixty-story building over her head was breathtaking. Lucia realized about the impressiveness of what she was doing, but it was so damn easy that some of the implications were lost on her.

The Apache pilots did not understand what she was doing until it was too late, when the titaness had already tossed the building at them. Thousands of tons of glass, steel and concrete flew towards them in a perfect arc, the integrity that brought them together shattering in the process. The building, once headquarters to an investment bank among other financial firms, started breaking in chunks as it flew, its descent resembling a meteor shower. There was nothing the chopper pilots could do to avoid the destruction raining at them from the sky. Ten seconds later, an entire attack squadron was gone, buried under a massive pile of rubble, together with so many comrades from the ground forces.

To Lucia it felt almost orgasmic. She had guessed she would be almighty. Now she knew she was. Her laughter filled the sky, reaching every neighborhood in the city.

And to think that she had been afraid of them! For most of the day, Lucia’s heart had been divided between the glee around the possibilities her new size had offered and the gloom of knowing that she would have only hours to enjoy them. She had been absolutely convinced about her death. How wrong had she been!

It turned out that the gift she had been given did not have a flip side but a bonus. It turned out that she did not need to be concerned with death. She did not need to be concerned with opposition. She had been given the ultimate power and it was up to her to decide how to use it.

Lucia stopped on that thought. She was beginning to understand how big of a change it implied. For most of the day, her main concern had been in how to make the most of the experience. She had explored. She had played. She had indulged. But she had not made plans. Why, if she was going to end up dying anyway?

She realized that this would need to change now. Lucia was here to stay, and this was a big deal. A really big deal. She had to make plans for the new world now. For the new world with her. What would her role be?

She was interrupted again, this time by barely noticeable but insisting stings in her stomach and thighs. She followed the flashes until she found the line of tanks in what had to be a distance of a mile. Barely a dozen easy steps, at her new stature.

“Oh, God! How pesky!” Lucia let out as she resumed her advance in the direction of the miniscule attackers. Killing them was past due. Once she was done with the army she could take a minute to make her mind up about next steps.

The tanks kept shooting as she closed the distance with them, the city trembling as she moved her prodigious figure around with ease. She noticed that the almost imperceptible stings were now focused mostly on her calves, the shortening of the distance having left the attackers without an angle.

Lucia could have finished all of them in a couple of well-placed steps. Instead, she brought herself down on her knees, bending lower to get a closer look at the irksome mites.

The tanks kept shooting, now hitting her back at her torso. She simply ignored them as she reached out and picked one of the foremost vehicles with two fingers. It felt surprisingly sturdy even though it was almost weightless. Lucia marveled at its size. The armored vehicle was barely longer than the last segment of her finger. Curious, she lifted it higher, closer to her inquisitive left eye. The crew from the tank seemed to recover from the sudden pull in time. All the warning Lucia had was that of a flash before she felt the artillery shell hit her eyeball, making her close her eyelid instinctively in response.

Lucia cursed, opening her eye in a hurry to check that it seemed to be unaffected. As before, a tear dragged the ineffective shell out, cleaning her eye and relieving her considerably. She frowned as she pushed her fingertips together, crushing the offending tank into a metallic slab the size of a coin.

“You tiny bastards don’t get tired of trying, do you?” she boomed.

Her fist accompanied her words, crushing half a dozen tanks in one go and cracking the road a thousand feet around the crater it formed. She had already reached the point where Downtown ended and the highway leading to the airport started, so she had more space to move. Still pissed, she repeated the operation, crushing five more tanks and reducing their offensive capabilities considerably.

Lucia did not feel but saw the dozens of automatic rifles shooting at her. Without the flashes from the barrels, she might have even overlooked the diminutive infantrymen. Now they were too present in her mind. Turning to face the attackers directly, she smiled evilly at them. She felt a wave of pleasure running down her spine when that alone was enough to get about half of them stop their inconsequential activity. She winked at them and then pushed her lips out. They knew what was coming. They were not ready at all for it.

Lucia’s mammoth lungs pushed air out through her puckered lips with a force they did not have the right to possess, even at that size. Wind in excess of three-hundred miles per hour caught the men and threw them around, worse than any hurricane ever having hit Earth. Dozens of men and jeeps suddenly became airborne, landing wherever, usually in awkward positions.

“You are mites.”

Lucia brought her right hand to the ground in front of her, making it land on its side, much like a karate-fighter landing a blow. The ground shook as her hand dug deep into it. Then, she simply swept it in the direction of the bulk of the armed forces, ravaging men and vehicles, trapping them under an advancing mountain.

There was no more shooting. Lucia believed that the force she had just obliterated was equivalent in size to the one she had fought before her growth. The fact that she had only needed three lazy moves to wipe them out told about just how much her power had grown.

Sitting on her knees, the titaness scanned her surroundings, looking for more vexing bugs to annihilate. It turned out she had already done most of the work. God, they were so pathetic!

Lucia’s superhuman sight started processing the aftermath of her casual eradication, showing her just how massive her impact on the world was. It was not hard to find the survivors, despite their ridiculous sizes. It was obvious they were broken. There was no fighting spirit left in them, and at most they were trying to flee the area, crawling through the landscape her body had created, so different from what the area had looked like only minutes ago. Her eyes stopped on a soldier that stuck out. Lying on his back, the man was looking straight into her eyes. It was too much to let go, so Lucia just reached for him.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

As an officer, Lieutenant Charles Marvin had been briefed on the giant woman quite more than most of his men. And still, he had trouble to accept what his eyes were seeing. Charles had seen the imagery and videos of the colossal Lucia Torres roaming the city during most of the day, causing death and destruction anywhere she went. Born in Kingston, Charles’ blood had been boiling, back then. He had been craving for a chance to punish her for her actions. By the time he was given the opportunity, that effervescence had been lost. It had been replaced by fear.

Of course, a lot had happened since then. Miss Torres had kept sowing chaos and littering the city of Kingston with victims. She had also been hit with so much firepower that it was impossible to believe that she had walked away from the attack with barely a few scratches. Her retaliation had been considerably more brutal, finishing an entire division in a matter of minutes.

Charles led one of the infantry companies in the second protection ring. He had been pissed off at the assignment at first. He had wanted to be in the first line of attackers, to be part of the group of men that would bring the monstrous bitch down. He was still not happy at his current position, but it was for different reasons.

The last twenty minutes had been the definition of chaos. The reports of the brief battle with the giantess had been promptly followed by the news of the complete defeat of their forces. He had then learned about the air attack and judging from the cheers in the radio’s common channel, Charles had experienced a brief moment of hope, believing that they had finally found the weapon that would bring her down. The cheering had quickly turned into expressions of incredulity. He was having trouble making sense of what he was hearing until the woman’s head emerged over the rooftops of even the highest skyscrapers in Downtown. She was enormous! How the hell had she managed to grow so big?

Charles had not had time to reflect on that question for too long, since the woman, now of a truly mythological scale, started moving to their position right away, making the ground shake violently, as if they lived in a constant earthquake.

Everything had happened too fast since then. The missiles exploding against her with no consequence, the woman ripping a skyscraper from the ground and tossing it at them, the meteor shower, toes towering three-stories over them… He was lying on his back, thrown off his feet for the umpteenth time since it all had started. None of his men were alive. He could barely hear a handful of voices on the radio’s common channel, all of them sounding terrified. A vast shadow engulfed him and his surroundings for as far as he could see. Charles risked a peek up. The face of the woman filled the sky, almost like the face of God judging him from Heaven. It was pretty. And it was angry. Her brown eyes, now the size of billboards, were scanning his surroundings. Charles felt as if an invisible beam pierced him when they stopped, set on him. Her anger was replaced by a look of satisfied curiosity. He wanted to scream but could not find any air in his lungs. And then, before he could react in any other way, the light of the Sun disappeared, and he was pushed from all sides, almost as if the ground had swallowed him. His body then became weightless as Charles felt a force much like that at the beginning of a rollercoaster, only orders of magnitude stronger, pulling him upwards. By the time the sunlight came back, and he recovered from his dizziness, all he could see was her. He finally found the air to scream.

He stopped, a few seconds later, when a voice that seemed to be coming from everywhere at the same time commanded him to shut up.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia observed the man lying on her fingertip with morbid curiosity. She had not been sure she would be able to pick him up without turning him instantly into pulp but was happy when she saw that the diminutive soldier seemed to be alive and kicking. He was so tiny! The man could not be more than a quarter of an inch in height, and even in her fingertip there was room to spare on all sides.

She gave him a few seconds to recover from the raise. After all, she guessed that anything she did at this size, no matter how gentle she tried to be, could be considered rough handling. She decided that he was suitable for what she had in mind as soon as the man started screaming.

Lucia let him go on for a few seconds. After all, his screams were welcome at first. One of her initial concerns on her new proportions was around her ability to communicate. People appeared to be just too small to be able to have a conversation with them. Now that the man’s yells were clearly audible, she decided that this seemed to be taken care of. Like always, his holler became annoying after a while.

“Shut up!” she said, keeping her voice low. Somehow, it felt inappropriate to raise her tone, considering just how close the man was and how miniscule he looked. He obeyed right away, making her smile in satisfaction.

“Do as I say or die,” Lucia said casually. The tiny man frantically nodded.

“What is your name?” she asked.

The man hesitated, but she gave him enough time to gather his courage and reply: “Lieutenant Charles Marvin.”

His voice was mousy, almost comical. But it also came through clearly, making Lucia happy. It would have been a pain to try to communicate with them otherwise.

“Good,” she said. “Now, tell me, what else have you prepared against me?”

He hesitated again. This time she could see it was not related to the situation but more to the information she had requested per se. She was not completely surprised by his answer:

“As far as I know, we do not have anything else.”

Could it be true? Lucia guessed that no one had predicted that she could get taller and stronger. God, she was the one that had grown in the first place and she had no clue that she could go through another massive spurt. It was also true that this last attack on her had felt way milder and uncoordinated. Of course, it that was true, it meant that the brass knew as well as her that she had won. Lucia felt her nipples swelling.

“So, what are you guys going to do?” she asked.

The man hesitated again. He finally let out what he had been holding:

“They are evacuating.”

Lucia frowned. Of course, it was obvious. She had got so excited about the recent events that she had become too complacent. She had won, but this did not mean that she was fine with leaving those that had attacked her and those that could still work on the scientific angle of her power at large. It was time to get back to work!

She smiled at the mite in her finger.

“I can’t have that, can I?” she said.

The man seemed appalled. He managed to talk, which surprised her.

“What are you going to do?”

Lucia chuckled.

“You guys need to start respecting me like a goddess. Some things just can’t be left unpunished, can they?”

Her words only contributed to his shock, of course. And still, he asked the next logical question:

“What about me?”

“Curious you ask that,” Lucia answered with a wink. She then pushed her lips out and blew a soft gale at him sending him out of his fingertip and to his death, hundreds of feet below.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Riley and her team were escorted in a hurry to the grayish plane in the runway. She was no expert in aircraft, but she judged it to be large. It featured four engines, two under each wing, and a large communications dish mounted on a tower at its top. She thought it was some sort of command and control plane, but was unsure about the specific tasks it handled.

Riley had always been in good shape, so it was easy for her to follow the jarheads’ pace as they pushed her up the stairs on the back and into the surprisingly ample cabin. The interior could have been described as controlled chaos, as officers moved people around, showing them the seats they were supposed to take. Riley scanned the area. Stahl was easy enough to find, the remaining white hair in his balding head characteristically disarrayed. She scowled when she also found Reddington.

It was easy to notice that there was no room for everyone on the improvised headquarters in that plane. And, judging by the proportion between military staff and scientists, Riley figured out not many of the survivors of BioChem were there.

“Miss Keane, could you please come with me to the front?” a woman asked kindly.

“Is there more sitting in the front?” she asked. Maybe that was the answer to the location of the remaining scientists.

“We have our command post in the front. Colonel Sherman has requested your presence.”

“Oh, ok.”

She moved past a curtain, noticing the armed guard as she did, and quickly saw Colonel Sherman beckoning her and showing her an empty seat.

He was about to address her when someone screamed:

“She is heading this way fast!”

Riley had not noticed General Colt until he heard his voice:

“Emergency take off!”

“We don’t have anyone on board!” another voice she did not recognize said.

“Well, that’s too bad. Take us the hell out of here!” Colt screamed. It was the second time in the day his legendary ice temperament cracked.

Riley strapped to the seat in a hurry, assuming that this was what she was supposed to do. She could feel the nervousness. She was not a stranger to flying, but never before she had felt a plane the size the one she was in move so fast while on the airstrip. She bounced in her seat and felt dizzy when the plane changed directions a few times, then felt herself being pulled backwards as the pilot accelerated down the runway, considerably faster than she was used to.

The nerves did not go away once they were airborne. Riley could not help but wonder how close Lucia Torres was. She did not need to wonder for long. Tension was a bit relieved as the plane started angling to the side. It gave her the perfect view of Kingston’s airport. The giantess was standing in the middle of it, eyes trained on them. She bore the look of someone that was very pissed off at having just lost them.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia realized that she had wasted too long with the third ring of defense. She had not even crouched to pay them some personal attention, but her methodical stomping of their positions had used some precious seconds that would have made all the difference.

She was now standing in the middle of what had been the main runway of Kingston’s airport, looking at the offending plane getting higher in the distance. She had rushed her way into the airport when she had seen it accelerating down the stripe, but had not managed to make it on time. Now about twice as high as she was tall and a mile or so away, the 12-oz bottle-sized aircraft was too far to reach, even for her enhanced abilities.

Lucia cursed. Her hopes were that she had not lost anyone important, but logic told her that the first people to be evacuated would typically be the most relevant ones. Leaving the leaving plane aside, the airport was bustling with activity. She only had to look down to see her ankles towering over scores of people moving around in a frenzy, whatever activity they were engaged on disrupted by her sudden arrival.

“So, this is where you were making your plans to kill me,” Lucia boomed from above. “I wonder how I can thank you for that?”

Her right foot soon tried an answer as it stomped on the more numerous group she could find, snuffing some hundred lives in one go.

“I hope you will forgive me if I don’t get as personal as you deserve, but, you know, there are just too many of you. And you are too insignificant!”

Her left foot followed the example of her right one and turned a few dozen people more into gory stains.

Lucia took a deep breath and brought her hands to her hips, examining the situation from above, observing the patterns. She soon found a specific hangar that seemed to be generating quite a lot of traffic in both directions. She was there in two steps, kneeling next to it to get a closer look.

Lucia first tried to crouch as low as she could, bringing her head sideways into the ground to look through the wide entrance to the structure. She smiled when she saw all the activity inside, thinking that she had found what she was looking for. Getting back on her knees, the titaness used a single hand to rip the roof away from the vast hangar, revealing the hundreds of people inside.

She could see green uniforms, dark suits and white coats. Bulls eye!

“You’ve all been very busy, haven’t you?” Lucia asked in mockery to her shocked audience. “You cannot imagine just how much you have pissed me off.”

Lucia reached out into the hangar without warning, extending two fingers and pinching a dozen random people. The mites, shocked at her presence, had tended to group and corner themselves, making her task easier.

“Bad news for you is that I just need a handful of you for information. Now, it’s time I repay you in kind, don’t you think?”

No one knew exactly what she was referring to as Lucia dropped her random captives in her cupped hand and started to stand up. She repositioned herself once she was back to her full height, bringing the hangar to a centered position between her legs. And then, she spread them wider, squatted down and got ready for what she had in mind.

For the hundreds of victims trapped at the hangar, Lucia’s actions were weird. They did not need to wait long for an explanation, though. A golden torrent of piss roared out of her womanhood and hit the ground a second later, its momentum crushing a dozen people before they could realize what hit them. They were far from the only victims, as her miction unleashed a warm tidal wave that washed through the hangar, bringing walls down and carrying people and furniture around like a tsunami.

By the time Lucia felt her bladder was empty, almost a minute later, her surroundings felt like the aftermath of a natural disaster. In a way, they were. After all, Lucia was one hundred percent natural!

She looked around with a satisfied smile in her face, noticing some choppers taking off in the opposite side of the facility. She strutted her way there, avoiding the area she had peed on. Lucia was careful to keep her captives steady as she used her free hand to lazily swat the rising helicopters, killing them like flies. A minute later, they were gone.

Lucia scanned the grounds she was standing on once more. She could still see the occasional person running here and there, but there was no further sign of concentrated activity. She felt relaxed. For the first time in what seemed to be the entire day, she had no specific task to accomplish.

She made a quick recap of the situation: she was indestructible and a million times more powerful than when it had all started. The army was gone. The guys working to kill her were gone. True, a few had escaped, but they had to be only a minority, compared to the ones she had dealt with. The city was terrified of her, and she could only imagine that the entire world would be in a similar state of shock. She had won. She had finally won! God, she could not wait to go back to Sharon and tell her that she had been right, after all! Lucia could only imagine how freaked out her friend would be at her new size, but this was probably the easiest problem she had had to deal with over the entire day.

Lucia felt she was free. Free of all burdens. Free of all tasks. From now on, she would only do what she pleased. And, more importantly, the world would also do as she pleased. Wasn’t this the ultimate freedom? Wasn’t this the ultimate power?

She knew this meant that she would need to start making plans. Her own plans. Not some reaction to someone else. She had time for that, though. The last couple of hours had been just too rushed. It was time to take a breather.

Her smile was as wide as ever as she opened her palm and observed the dozen teeny figures on its center. God, they were ridiculous. She could have held hundreds of them without problems!

She inspected them, her enhanced sight making a catalogue of the different types of profiles in her grasp. It was curious how easily she could tell soldiers from scientists. Her attention stopped at the one that stood out, a man in a neat navy suit and with silver hair. He was the last person she had expected to find.

Lucia erupted in a loud laugh when she realized that Rudolph Lang was in her palm.

“Oh my goodness! This is definitely my lucky day!”

 

Chapter 20 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 20

 

Rudolph Lang was shivering. He did not recall having done so before. Not out of cold, even less out of fear. He was not a man that had feared too many things. His life had been a concatenation of successes, a process that had brought him to the top, where lesser people could only dream to get.

Some people believed that hard work was the key to success. Others believed it was talent. Lang despised them equally. Hard work and talent were necessary, they were not enough. To get where he had, one required ambition. Vision. Ruthlessness.

He understood the game where most did not, which was the reason he had got where others could not. And he understood that part of the game was the possibility of losing. He would have never expected to lose everything he had to someone like Lucia Torres, though. A secretary!

Of course, it was not only that. In Lang’s world, losing meant falling in disgrace. He would have never thought it could also mean death. But now, lying on a palm the size of a basketball court, looking up at a face that took his entire field of vision, Rudolph Lang was suddenly very aware of the fact that his life was going to be very short. He emptied his bladder. Thank goodness, the giantess did not seem to notice.

“Good evening, Mr. Lang,” a voice that he felt more than heard said. His entire body rattled at the words, both at their raw power and at being addressed by the creature that was holding him. “Do you mind if I call you Rudolph? Or even better, Rudy? Never mind, I’ll call you Rudy. It suits your size.”

He realized that he was being mocked. He was being mocked by a woman whose only merits in life had been looking good and having been chosen by his R&D department to secretly experiment on her.

Screams erupted around him. Rudolph remembered that he was not alone in the vastness of Lucia’s hand. Judging by her expression, she seemed to remind it at the same time. The giant arched an eyebrow. A shadow engulfed him before he could react. He realized that he was being pushed to her palm by something massive. The realization that it was her thumb made his blood freeze.

“Oh, I don’t think I need you anymore. I got the jackpot,” he could hear the thundering voice from his fleshy prison. And then, the world turned upside down. Rudolph could have sworn that he had heard some muffled screams through the confines of his skin flesh, but they quickly died away. When the world went back to normal and the fingertip trapping him went away, he was alone on the immensity of her palm.

Rudolph realized that she had killed them, let them drop hundreds of feet to their death. She did not seem the least concerned about it, but then again, why should she be? This woman, a woman that had worked in his company until the day before, had already killed tens of thousands of people, including what he thought had been an entire army division. And now, he had her entire attention devoted to him.

“So, tell me Rudy, now that it’s just the two of us, what do you say about we have a conversation?” the booming voice asked. Then, it came back in its most derisive tone and said: “Wait, don’t answer. It’s not as if you have a say, is it? Let me just find somewhere comfy and let’s chat!”

The world rocked around Rudolph. He was shocked when he realized that she was merely walking, her attention now focused somewhere beyond him. Her eyes must have met something she considered suitable, since she changed her expression and he felt the world rock again. The sudden drop, a few hundred feet in no more than a couple of seconds, made him dizzy to the point where he almost blacked out. He miraculously managed to stay conscious, only to find the massive woman’s eyes focused back on him.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia could not have been any happier at the amazing coincidence that had brought the CEO of the company she had worked for to the palm of her hand. Out of every person in the city and out of every person she had killed without even noticing, what were the odds that she would end up picking Rudolph Lang at random? It should be more unlikely than winning the lottery!

If there was really a higher power, she certainly seemed to be in their favor. Up to the point where she had been made the highest power on Earth. Lucia was no expert on Biology or Paleontology, but she did not need to be to know that she was the most powerful creature that had ever walked the planet. And it was time to start using this to her advantage.

There was nothing wrong gloating a bit with Lang, though. In a way, the fact that she was holding his miniscule form in her hand was the best possible representation of the change she had gone through. Up until the day before, Rudolph Lang had been as high as Lucia had looked when she had thought of power. And now… well, now he was merely a mite at her disposal.

Lucia was sitting, her shapely behind taking most of what had been the main terminal building, her legs spread carelessly, right foot having taken care of a satellite building. She held her palm at chest level, at a comfortable position to keep Lang in view.

The man had quite obviously been affected by the soft handling she had subjected him to. It was still somewhat surprising, but Lucia was starting to get used to the fact that her new dimensions had a much different effect in the world than the old ones. She reluctantly gave him the time to recover. She was surprised when his first reaction was to sob and plead.

“Lucia, please… I’m a married man. Please, don’t hurt me. I will do anything you want.”

God, how pathetic! Was this the same man everyone at the company feared? She could not prevent a laugh. Lucia decided to toy with him.

“Tell me, Rudy, is your wife about the same size as you?” she asked, mocking.

He was taken by surprise, but when she arched an eyebrow, the executive simply nodded in response.

“So, how do you expect me to give a fuck about her, then?” Lucia asked back, enjoying the astonished reaction from the quarter-inch man.

“Please… I will do anything you want,” he insisted.

“Of course you will,” Lucia replied in a matter-of-fact tone. “There is a reason you are not a smear yet, dear.”

There was a slight change in his expression. He looked questioning, aside from terrified. Lucia had to suppress a laugh when she realized that the man was really considering that he could be useful.

“I have questions,” she said, clarifying. “As long as you have answers, I will allow you to breathe the same air as me.”

Lucia was purposefully using a scornful language. It reinforced the feeling of power. And she just loved ridiculing Lang.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Rudolph had had a moment of hope when the woman had suggested that she had a use for him. He was a smart man, a man that knew what had to be done. Serving someone like Lucia Torres would be humiliating, but it still beat being dead, didn’t it? She killed his hopes in a simple sentence. All she wanted from him was information. Lang was smart enough to know what this meant, once he ran out of it.

“Lie to me and I’ll pull your limbs one by one, like the wings of a fly,” the thundering voice said, making him shake in terror. “Do we understand each other?” the woman then asked.

Rudolph did not waste time in nodding. He was still surprised that he could see his gestures and hear his voice but had kind of assumed that as a given.

“A plane managed to flee before I got here. Who was on it?”

He had not expected her to go so much to the point so quickly. Being reminded of the plane so early in the conversation was painful. Rudolph could still not believe that they had left without him. He knew he had had a seat on that plane. Secretary Burton had owed him that much. But the jarheads had not considered him to be as much of a priority as other personnel, so he had not been boarded with the first group. The alarms had gone off a minute later, and he had seen the plane, his means of escape, taking off without him.

He mumbled something, then looked up and replied. He had nothing to gain from not telling the truth.

“The Secretary of Defense, the military command, some members of the BioChem R&D team,” he said.

The woman frowned. At her size, the muscles she moved to do that felt powerful enough to wrinkle the ground as well as her skin. Her voice came back, powerful as usual, sensuous as usual. Rudolph also noticed how the temperature increased every time she talked and realized to his dismay that it was the effect of her exhalation.

“What are they planning?” she asked.

It was a good question. A question he did not have a good answer for.

“I don’t know. As far as I know, only escaping.”

“How can you not know?” she asked, sounding incredulous. “Oh wait,” her voice came back. Her smirk was heinous. “You were not on their meetings. They did not evacuate you. They kept you aside,” she said.

Rudolph had to admit that Lucia Torres had surprised him. He would have described her in many ways, but sharp would not have been one.

“So, you are really as worthless as you look?”

Her words hurt. Of course, they were meant that way. She let out a short laugh.

“Tell me Rudy, how does it feel?” she asked. “I bet you thought you had everything. And now, here you are, literally in the palm of my hand. At the mercy of a woman that you had thought was so pathetic that you could decide whether you wanted to experiment on her even without her permission.”

“I never selected you!” he yelled back, trying to defend himself, knowing that the direction the conversation was heading could only end one way.

She seemed to ignore his interjection and just went on:

“So, tell me Rudy… how would you like it if I experimented with you? There are a number of interesting tests that come to mind, actually,” she said, sounding as threatening as she was.

Rudolph knew that things were going south very quickly. If he could not find some way to turn the tables, he had seconds to live. His previous pleas, pathetic as they had been, had also been useless. He needed to come up with something, and he needed it quickly.

“I can help you get what you want,” he said, still building his argument. The gigantic woman arched an eyebrow. He hesitated. Then, he decided to go for the long shot. “I can help you take over the world.”

Torres’ expression changed, and this time it was for the good. Rudolph could tell that he had really surprised her.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

The man was bold. She had to give him that. Lucia understood the sort of desperation his proposal had come from. And still, his words had hit home. Ever since her latest growth spurt, Lucia had known that she would need to make long term plans. She had to imagine a future for her at the size of a mountain. But she had also been lazily postponing the moment.

And now, Rudolph Lang, was serving the plans to her in a silver platter. Or, at least, so he claimed.

“How do you know I want to take over the world?” she asked, making time.

But of course, it made sense. It made a whole lot of sense. Her new status did not leave room for half measures. People would never accept her as she was. She had had a good taste of how they would react to her along the day. And nothing she would do from now on would change that. Reaching some sort of deal where she used her prodigious size to help was out of the question. It was also the last thing she wanted to do. Moving away and trying to live on her own did not make any sense either. There was no way she would be able to carry on, away from society. Her only option was to accept her new status and go all the way with it.

She would use her absolute power to do the only thing that made sense: rule. People did not like her. They did not need to. They only had to fear her. And obey her.

Lucia suppressed a giggle. Nothing felt impossible anymore. Not even conquering the planet. Not now that she knew that she could not be defeated. People had looked over their shoulder at her for as long as she could remember. They had only seen a secretary with a bombshell body and had made all sorts of assumptions about her worth and skills from there. She would now show them the truth. She would show them that she, and only she could rule humanity.

Lucia was not a very political person. She did not have a strong ideology either. She had no clue about what she would do once she was in power, about which sort of policies she would enforce. That hardly mattered. What mattered was that she would be in charge. Her will would become law. And people would finally realize who she was.

Lucia’s ego was getting larger than her prodigious body. Lang’s words appealed to it directly.

“Why wouldn’t you?” he asked. “I just saw you dealing with the army. I don’t know how they would be able to stop you,” he said.

“They can’t,” Lucia replied, full of confidence.

“Let me help you,” the tiny man asked, probing.

Lucia arched an eyebrow. She liked the music she was hearing, but she was not going to concede to the likes of Rudolph Lang so quickly.

“Why would I need your help? Last time I looked, I was the one with all the power and you were a worthless mite in my hand,” she said.

She could see that her words had hurt the man. Which was exactly what she had intended. And still, she also had to admit that the man was resilient.

“Of course,” he started saying. “But I may be able to provide some advice. I have some experience. And you may need a second opinion.”

His offer was curious, at the minimum. Lucia was debating between crushing him right away or give him some way. She decided she had nothing to lose. After all, she did not hold the same type of personal hatred towards the man as she had had with Carl or Phil. She still knew he had been one of the ones responsible for her growth, but at this point, she did not feel a lot of anger for it.

“Ok, let’s see what you’ve got,” she said.

When the man failed to react, Lucia scowled.

“What are you waiting for?”

He started talking right away. It was, to say the least, surprising.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Rudolph could not believe what he was doing. And yet, it was the only logical thing to do. When it came to his own life, the rest of humanity could go fuck themselves. He was at Lucia Torres’ mercy. It was sad, but this did not make it any less true. And, in a way, it reflected how the balance of power in the world had just changed.

It was true that his personal situation had helped in molding that opinion, but after having seen how she had dealt with a very serious attack on her, Rudolph had understood that the damned giant secretary could win. And, if that was the case, he knew on which side he wanted to be.

Rudolph also knew that he would need to prove his value to her, and he would need to do it often. He had already understood which type of regard the giant Lucia Torres had for human life. The paradox was that in order to secure his long-term position, he knew he had to take an immediate risk. Because he was sure that Miss Torres was no longer a woman that took too well being amended.

“You need to change your approach,” he finally said. There was no softer way to do it.

The giant woman frowned, making his heart pound faster as an immediate result. Rudolph hurried to go on.

“This is an important moment. The country has seen you defeat the attempts of the military with ease. They are waiting for what you do next. They are anxious. But you cannot do the same that you did before,” he said.

“Why not? It has not worked out that bad, has it?” she asked, her thundering voice sounding too cold for his own comfort.

Rudolph knew the moment of truth had arrived.

“Up until now, you have been behaving randomly. The world has seen you finish thousands of lives and causing a lot of destruction, but they do not know why. They fear you, but it’s the wrong kind of fear. Up to some point, they look at you like a mindless monster.”

“Be careful, worm,” she said, her sharp tone leaving no doubt to the fact that he had one sentence to bring the message home.

“I know you were acting mindlessly. The brass knows. But that is not what matters. You don’t want to rule them. You will defeat them. You want to rule the population. They will not love you. They need to fear you. But they need to know why,” he finally said.

“I’m glad you are alright with me being feared. For a moment there I thought that you would suggest I turned into some sort of giant girl-scout or something,” the giant’s deafening voice came back.

Rudolph was relieved by the moment of levity. It probably meant that the worst danger was over. She came back.

“So, let’s assume that large stuff will kept getting broken and people will keep dying. Because, you know, I’m just too fucking big for that not to happen. And besides, what’s the point on being this size if I cannot enjoy it? What do you suggest I do?”

“Talk to them,” he finally said.

“That’s easy enough,” she said. He could swear that she had shrugged, but at her scale, it was hard to catch her movements.

Rudolph went on:

“Set goals. Make demands. It’s OK if some of them sound unreasonable. Then, use your power to enforce them. Eventually, people will learn that they have no option but to obey you.”

“That sounds doable,” the giantess said.

Rudolph was beginning to have hopes not only of making it out alive but of being able to get some benefit out of the situation, even if it had meant making a deal with the devil.

“I can help you with it,” he suggested, setting the grounds for the negotiation. His ultimate goal was to get a spot in whatever type of government the woman established after winning.

He was not ready for just how fast the situation turned south.

“Oh, thanks for the offer. But I don’t think I will need your services any longer.”

Rudolph felt his blood freeze.

“Wha… what?”

“I mean, thanks for the advice. It was not so original, but it still was good to get a second opinion. The best insight I got from the interaction is just how easy it will be to get rats like you to help out, when needed. Whether it’s fear for your own life or the hopes that you’ll manage to get some of the breadcrumbs of my power, it seems that there will always be people ready to do as I need.”

Rudolph was beginning to sweat. Lucia went on:

“Now, something else I learned and that you did not think of is that it makes sense to start small, learn and then go big. So, now that I got the army pests off my back for a day or two, I was thinking on taking over the city. You know, formally. Get the mayor to acknowledge my rule, get the people to do some stuff I command, … And don’t worry, I’ll explain myself a lot as I do it.”

Rudolph had no clue about how to get out of the mess he suddenly had found himself in. He realized that his next question made no sense, but he still asked it:

“What happens with me?”

The giant let out a roaring laugh that made him shiver at the same time his bones rattled.

“Oh, I think it’s good that you have some time to reflect. To think about what I became thanks to your trickery and what this makes you. And, you know? I know just the place. After all, it’s the biggest room in the building!”

Rudolph did not have the chance to say anything else before a massive form he recognized as her finger reached for her. He was suddenly stuck to its tip, unable to move or to break free. Things started moving just too fast for him to follow. By the time the movement stopped and he regained some clarity, he was somewhere else. Her face did not command his view. Something else did. It took him a moment to process the thick and short hair, and the folds beneath. By the time two other giant fingers approached the slit and pushed the lower lips apart, Rudolph Lang realized what his destination was going to be. He barely had time to scream before he was inserted into the cunt of the woman that had been a secretary in his company just one day before.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Had Lang really thought that she was going to spare his life? That she was going to enroll him like some sort of advisor? If that was the case, the man’s ego was even bigger than she had thought. Lucia had killed for much less than what the despicable executive had done to her. Whether he knew it or not, his fate had been sealed the moment she had seen him in her palm.

Of course, Lucia had had no hopes at all of feeling the tiny mite inside her womanhood. It had already been hard when she had been smaller. She still hoped that he would not die right away. He deserved a slow and humiliating death, to have the time to think about what he had done.

There was only one person in the planet that was safe with Lucia, and that was Sharon. She stood up, eager to meet her only friend, to show her the results of her latest transformation. To share with her how she had defeated the attempts on her life, how she had ensured that she would prevail. There was only one person she wanted to make plans with, and that was her. Of course, Lucia knew that Sharon would not understand a lot of the stuff she had done and a lot of the stuff that she would need to do. But at least she count on her to be sincere.

The giantess was about to turn towards the city, to head back to the rooftop where she had set Sharon, when her new magnificent height showed her a perfect perspective of her surroundings.

Kingston’s airport had been built by the sea, offering anyone standing on its grounds and with a vantage point of view higher than the roof of a skyscraper a perfect view of what was going on at the bay. It turned out it was quite a lot.

Lucia’s eagerness to find Sharon was suddenly confronted by irritation at what she saw. She did not think that there had ever been so much activity on Kingston’s sea front.

Even if she had not possessed her enhanced sight, Lucia would still have been able to make out what was going on by the multiple wakes the ships of all sizes left as they moved as fast as their engines could push them. None of them were heading towards the city. Of course, it was easy enough to determine that she was witnessing a large-scale escape attempt. Narrowing her eyes a bit and focusing her superhuman eyes on the offenders a bit more, Lucia saw all sorts of stuff: overloaded fishing boats, large cruise-ships packed to their limits and even cargo ships and oil tankers crowded with people on their decks.

The giantess knew that even adding all of them together, there would hardly be more than a few tens of thousands of people, nothing compared to the population of Kingston. It still pissed her off to see them leaving. And if something pissed her off, then it should not be!

Lucia sighed. Sharon could wait a few minutes. She would understand. After all, her takeover of Kingston was starting here and now!

The warm water of the bay splashed in tall geysers as Lucia got into it, ready to take care of those who would challenge her. The bottom flattened out after half a dozen steps. By the time it did, the waterline could barely make it to her knees, in yet another proof of just hos damned huge she had got.

There had to be a couple dozen ships, if not more. Lucia was not worried about catching them all. After all, they were moving at a snail’s pace. She was not too concerned about being able to deal with them either. Not after having seen how strong she had got. It was still a nuisance and a waste of time to have to chase them.

Lang’s words echoed in her head and she decided that this was as good a place as any to start putting some of the things he had said and that were not complete bullshit into practice. Lucia smirked, stopped and widened her stance in the water, bringing her hands to her hips in a commanding pose as she pushed her chest out.

“Ok, listen up everyone”, she said, raising her voice like she had never done before. Lucia was surprised about the reverberance she managed to get even in such an open space. She sounded as powerful as she felt. Her nipples swelled in response. “I am Lucia Torres. You know who I am. And you can see me perfectly well. I just defeated an attempt from the army on me. They tried hard. They would have made you proud. But I don’t even have a scratch. This was a fight for the city. And I won it. Kingston is mine. You are mine. And I do not want you to leave. I want to be fair with you. I want to give you a chance. Turn around, get back to the city and I will leave you alone. You have five minutes. If you don’t obey me, you’ll die.”

It had been quite to the point. She did not need more. Lucia knew that she would need to make up something a bit more elaborate when she returned to Downtown, but she would think about it when the time came.

One of the only cons of her new size was the lack of complements like a watch. Lucia did not have any means to measure five minutes, other than counting mentally, which she was not going to do. So, instead, she just remained in the same pose and followed up the different groups of ships with her sight, trying to make her mind up about which one to deal with first.

She was taken by surprise when the wake of four smaller boats started changing. It did not take her long to see that they were both describing a 180-degree arc, changing direction in order to get back to the city. She felt her nipples harden, being able to command them feeling almost as good as forcing them to do her will.

A naughty idea ran through Lucia’s head. Aroused as she was, she did not see anything wrong it testing it. The giant moved her hands away from her hips and started moving, in a course that would make her intercept the smaller boats’ trajectory. Lucia could notice the uncertainty on board, so she moved to the next phase of her plan soon enough, stopping again and spreading her legs apart once more.

There were hundreds of feet between the waterline and her cunt, and also between her two towering legs. Her intention was clear. The willingness of the skippers on the boats to comply not so much.

“Come on! Don’t be shy! I am your gate to life and safety!” she said with a trace of mockery.

Her womanhood got as damp as it had ever been when the wakes of the boats in the water changed after a while, all of them converging in her.

Lucia moaned as one after another, the fishing boats, now about the size of a soda can to her, sailed between her legs. The view from above was magnificent, Lucia suddenly feeling like an enlarged version of the Arc de Triomphe. Only it was not the victorious troops marching under her now. She was the one that had triumphed, and her new subjects were moving under her in submission and acceptance.

She waited in that pose for a minute or so after the last boat had passed, waiting to see if anyone else would join them. When no one did, Lucia decided that she had given them more than enough opportunity to save their lives. She started moving towards her first victim: one of the two cruise ships in sight.

Lucia understood she was scary. She had inspired terror in the little people ever since she had woken up. It had been unfair, at first. She could not say it was unfair now. Not after everything she had done. It was not only how many people she had killed. It was also the way she had done it, not shying away from any form of cruelty or humiliation. And still, she could not grasp how people did not take the chance when she gave it to them. There were a lot of things that could be said about her, but no one could say that she could not keep a deal.

Would she react so stupidly if she was small and her place had been taken by someone else? She imagined herself on the stern of one of the escaping cruise ships, looking at a giant blonde bitch with big boobs and blue eyes, offering her the possibility to get her life spared if she did as told. Would she run? Or would she obey?

In a way, it was hard for Lucia to answer her question from her current position. Thank God she was not in one of the boats, but she was the one calling the shots, the one standing taller than any building in the city. She found out that, from this stance, it was hard to empathize with the way people felt, even if she had been one of them only a day before.

Of course, at her current stature, it was very easy for Lucia to pick the right response for them. She knew what she was going to do. And she could see just how easily she would catch up with them once she really set herself to it. But, would she think the same if she were one of them?

She would never know. So, it was pointless to think more about it. She had given them the chance, they had dumped it and they were going to pay the price. She could not say that she was too affected by it. After all, Lucia was eager to stretch her new size a bit.

Water splashed as she waded casually in the direction of the first large ship she had chosen. Lucia could feel the increased panic in the outer deck of the ocean liner. She smirked in response. It served them right.

As she pursued her victim, Lucia’s path crossed that of two smaller ships that were trying to stay on the cruise ship’s wake. She did not want to waste too long, so the giant simply crouched and cupped both hands in the water, emerging with one boat on each. The fact that they each perfectly fit was amazing.

Lucia could see the frantic movement of the quarter-inch people on the deck of both ships as she held them at chest level and smiled evilly at their occupants.

“Next time you get an offer from someone like me, take it,” she said. “Well, or don’t. There is not going to be a next time.”

Lucia started closing her fingers, feeling the quill of the ships give easily as she moved her digits together. The screams, which had been present ever since she had risen from her crouch, were not reaching a new anguished tone and the giant knew that the occupants of the boats had understood their fate. She did not waste time to mock them or make it any longer than needed. Not when she had the big prize almost in her grasp. So, the two ships became a twisted mangle of steel almost as soon as she started compressing them. She tossed them to the side disinterestedly and resumed her chase of the large passenger ship.

She caught up with it in no time. This ship was large! Not something that she would scoop out of the water with one hand. And still, Lucia marveled to see that the magnificent ship, one of the largest feats of engineering that could be found on the planet, failed to compare to her in size.

The waterline reached to Lucia’s mid-thigh by the time she reached her objective, still giving her an almost aerial view of the situation and of her victim. It was obvious that the ship was packed. The outer decks were crowded with now screaming people, which in the end gave Lucia an idea on how the inner decks must be looking too. The titaness enjoyed the effect she was causing on the masses, so rather than messing with the ship right away, she stalked it, circling casually around it, almost like a predator hunting her prey.

Despite the best efforts of the engineers and of the powerful diesel engines, the ship felt almost immobile next to Lucia’s astonishing speed. So, she had no trouble taking over it and planting herself in its path, legs spread wide and arms akimbo.

The ship, carried by its massive momentum, was unavoidably moving towards her in a direct collision course. She could see slight changes on the liner’s wake, probably driven by a desperate attempt of the skipper to avoid the impact. It was to no avail, since all it took Lucia was to slightly adjust her position, a simple enough gesture on her side that cancelled the vast effort of the ship’s powerful machinery.

Thousands of people screamed at the same time when they realized where they were heading: to the tunnel between the giant’s thighs, directly below her naked crotch. Lucia’s delighted moans overshadowed them. The prow of the boat was soon under her, the ship’s higher decks missing her bush by only a few feet. She moaned again, watching the king of the seas get deeper and deeper under her. And then, she closed her thighs, trapping the massive ocean liner between her well-toned thighs.

That was all it had taken her to stop the ship’s massive thrust: a small adjustment of her body. And just like that, thousands of people were hers. They would not last long.

“Did you really think that you would be able to get away from me?” Lucia boomed from above. She was genuinely curious about her question, but she was beyond the point where she thought she would get a logical answer.

Instead, Lucia simply brought her thighs closer together, feeling the thick steel of the quill bend to her power barely without any resistance, feeling the massive ship deform under her strength.

“I would have left you alone,” Lucia said. “But since you insist, there is only one way anyone can leave my city,” she added.

With that, the giantess brought her thighs together, crushing the middle of the ship beyond recognition and breaking the remainders in two. She was surprised at the ease of it all. Moving her thighs back apart, Lucia tried to move away from the spot. The sections of the ship that remained were quickly sinking, no longer holding the properties that made them float on water.

From her height, Lucia saw the hundreds of survivors in the water and the whirlpools dragging them under. She used her hand to splash water on them for added measure and then turned, giving them for dead.

It had been fast. Maybe too fast. But she still had a few ships to take care of. Three smaller boats sunk as she walked through them in the direction of the ocean liner’s twin. This time she was less gentle when approaching the ship, her arrival making it rock violently.

Lucia was still curious about the extent of her new power, about the strength that her new size had unlocked. And so, without further words, she crouched and reached out for the prow of the ocean liner with one hand. Her fingertips sunk in the steel, securing an iron grip around the bow as she started to get back to her feet. Tens of thousands of tons of cruise ship started lifting from the water with her, the effort barely annoying to the goddess.

Lucia kept lifting the prow and increasing the tilt of the ship as she stood. Soon, dozens of people started rolling from the outer decks and falling to the warm waters of the bay. Lucia was surprised about how effortless everything had become at her new stature. She was mildly aware of the prodigious nature of what she was accomplishing, but a quick look at her arm showed her that not even her fit biceps was bulging.

Encouraged, Lucia kept lifting the ship, first into a forty-five degree angle, then almost a straight one. By the time the entire ship was resting on its stern, held by the bow only by the formidable strength of one of the giant’s hands, the ocean-liner was about as long as she was tall. Of course, a large portion of Lucia’s legs were underwater. By now, there was no one on the outside of the ship anymore. The crowd that had been there had already been tossed into the water.

Feeling mean, Lucia simply pushed the ship forward, making it spectacularly splash into the water below, upside down. She was about to help it sink when she saw that there was no need. She smirked when she realized that she had sentenced thousands of people to die without even crossing a word with them. After all, why should she? She had already told them what she had expected from them.

Lucia eyed the remaining ships in the bay as she remembered Lang’s words. She sighed. She had nothing to lose by trying.

“I gave you a chance. I offered you the possibility to save your lives. All you had to do was to return to my city. To follow my commands. You ignored it. And now, you will die. This is the way things are going to work from now on. Better get used to it!”

With those words, uttered loud enough that the entire city had heard them, Lucia resumed her boat-chasing activity. Once more, the smaller vessels were quick to perish, either swept away by her wade, punched or sunk when she pushed them down with her fingers.

Ten minutes later, she was facing the last ship that had tried to escape her, a large tanker whose outer deck was filled with now terrified people. In a ship as large as it was, this meant thousands. Lucia intercepted the offending boat and stopped it with one hand. The naturality with which she dealt with the world with her new strength was surprising, but Lucia behaved as if she had been the size of a mountain her entire life.

The giantess pondered what to do. She was eager to get back to the city, to claim her well-earned rights. But she also felt it was unnatural to deal with the last ship with a simple punch, even if she knew that was all it would have taken to sink it down, along with its passengers.

Lucia found herself kneeling under the water, bringing herself closer to the ship’s deck and to the panicked screams coming from it. The Sun was already getting low in the horizon, telling Lucia that the first day of her new life was coming to an end. Its rays cast a different color on the crowd now looking her almost straight in the eye. And suddenly, she knew what she would do.

Her hand reached out into the deck without warning, wreaking havoc as she maneuvered her fingers with an intention only known to her. By the time she lifted it up, she had scooped over a hundred people. A few had unavoidably been crushed during the operation, but all things considered, Lucia thought that she had had a good enough success rate.

The seconds that passed between that moment and the one where the giantess held her captives under her face felt like forever. The entire world seemed to be trying to guess her intentions. She did not make them wait too long.

“It’s dinner time. Would you care to join me?” she asked in an evil tone.

They did not have the chance to reply. Before anyone could react, Lucia tossed the contents of her palm on her waiting mouth, feeling the tiny bodies bounce in her tongue and get just everywhere in her cavity.

Lucia had thought that the screams coming from the deck had sounded anguished before. They had nothing to do with the new tone they got to after she chewed first and swallowed later a group of people that had been with them seconds before.

She enjoyed their reaction. She had found that eating them was one of the most shocking things she could do. And yet, she was glad that she had broken that taboo. She did not know what she would have done if she had kept that red line, especially at her current size. Finding people was still relatively easy. Finding food not so much. Lucia reflected that it was curious that, out of all the ways she could finish their lives, the one that was more appalling was precisely the one that could have been more justified. After all, she did not have anything to gain from stepping on people or crushing them in her hands, but she had an undeniable need to eat. One could say that it was probably one of the least whimsical ways to kill them.

Of course, Lucia understood the implications of what she was doing, or at least the way others would see it. They thought that eating people was cannibalism. She didn’t. After all, she had already accepted that she did was not the same long ago.

In any case, and in more practical terms, she did not give a fuck. Whether they thought it was right or wrong, it did not matter anymore. The only opinion that mattered, the only will that mattered, was hers.

Her hands reached for the deck, scooping a few hundred more people and continuing the feast. Lucia realized that the change in size had also implied a change in taste. Somehow, people’s flavor was duller. Well, she guessed that one could not have it all.

Dismayed at her actions, more and more people started to jump overboard, even if there was no way they would be able to make it to land. She never let them try, though. In a way, it made things easier for her, since it was simpler to scoop her morsels from the water than it was from the ship. She did not stop until the entire deck was empty and her stomach was full.

A well-placed punch took care of the ship’s integrity before she stood up, happy with her little stretching. It was time to go back, though. The city had to formally meet its new ruler.

 

 

 

Chapter 21 by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 21

 

“You need to do something, and you need to do it now!” Secretary Burton barked to the men in the improvised meeting room. The command plane did not feature as much space as the base, but they still had a place to gather.

“We know, Mr. Secretary. We are working on it,” General Colt said, his response sounding a bit mechanic.

“She has killed more people in the last thirty minutes than in the rest of the day. We need to stop her!” the Secretary went on.

“Mr. Secretary, we are fully aware of the situation,” the General replied, trying to remain calm.

“Then why are you not doing anything about it?” the Secretary yelled.

“Because we are not ready yet!” General Colt finally yelled back. “Do you want to repeat the same mistake we made last time we were not ready?”

The Secretary of Defense looked shock by the General’s outburst. It was even more surprising coming from a man that always measured his responses. The rest of attendees in the room felt the tension build up. Then, the Secretary stood up and moved to the door.

“I need to inform the President,” he said.

“Of course,” the General replied, his tone cold again.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia was wading back towards the city, leaving a wake of destruction behind her on the bay. Kingston’s famous skyline was beckoning the giantess as she made her way back into the metropolis. Different than in the previous occasions she had enjoyed the view, Lucia reflected that none of its elements could now make it taller than her chest now. This was just how amazing she had become. Amazing enough to take over the city. And then, the world.

Finally without obligations or looming threats, Lucia was free to make her own decisions without constraints. She knew what she wanted to accomplish. It was the only logical objective, considering her new status: to take over the world. She had also decided she would start by Kingston, the city where she had lived for the last years and that had witnessed the worst part of her life. This was going to change. From now onwards, Kingston would be the city that would be associated to her ascension.

It had been years since the last time Lucia had been to church. Raised a Catholic, Lucia had usually attended mass on Sunday with her parents. She still believed in God, but the frequency of her visits had started decreasing back in College. She had definitely stopped practicing when her life had started going south, right after she had moved into Kingston. Her faith had suffered over the last five years of misery, but deep inside, Lucia still believed that there was someone up there, watching. Only it seemed that this someone did not like her very much.

How things had changed! Had her life up until now been a test before she was given the ultimate power? Lucia did not know. She did know that no matter what the reason behind her current condition was, the implications were clear. She was invincible. Weapons could not hurt her anymore. And if, by any chance, the pesky mites managed to find a way to harm her, they would only end up making her larger and more powerful. They had no way to deal with her. She, on the other hand, had every possibility to deal with them. There was nowhere she could not reach, no one she could not force into compliance, nothing that could resist her new strength.

In Lucia’s mind, she had become a goddess. Not in the sense of being a mystical being that had to be worshipped. She could not have cared less about it. But she now possessed the ultimate power. And she expected unquestioned obedience in exchange.

The cacophony of screams and other sounds coming from the city reached Lucia’s oversensitive ears as she got closer to the shore, welcoming her back. She mentally drafted her next actions as she was about to step on dry land.

Kingston Avenue was the largest artery in the city, and the obvious choice when it came to getting to the heart of it. So, as soon as the giantess stepped on the docks, water cascading down her calves like the Niagara falls, she maneuvered to face it. She stopped on her tracks when she was rejoined by her most faithful followers ever since she had grown: the news helicopters.

It seemed like ages ago, but Lucia guessed it had been barely a couple hours since her first fight with the army, when the choppers had fled, most likely warned by the military. There had been so much happening since then! In any case, here they were, back. And bringing friends, it would seem. The original flock had more than doubled, and Lucia counted about two dozen of them, their bright colors still noticeable in the dwindling light of dusk, even at their new, diminutive sizes. Each of them seemed to be about as big as a bee.

Lucia smiled, pushing her prominent chest out. The aircraft were a welcome sight. A very welcome sight. After all, they represented a nice change versus their military comrades. Lucia was happy to have them following her again. It was then, as she stood admiring her recovered entourage, that Lucia realized that they offered a great opportunity to get her message across. Lang had recommended her to talk. Well, she would hardly get a better audience than the one she had now.

Lucia instinctively posed for the two-dozen cameras she knew were trained on her. Then, she addressed the helicopters, her voice so powerful that it reached every confine of the city. Of course, she had no problem being heard by her intended receivers, despite the loud noise of the rotors of the aircraft they were on.

“Welcome back, my lovely little choppers,” she said. “Get ready. From now on, your task is to show the world everything I do or say. I’ll work with a loose leash, but you will follow my instructions unless you want to find yourselves swatted down like flies, understood?”

Of course, she did not have any way to get an answer, but she assumed that there was no way they would not agree with her, so she just went on:

“I am going to address the world, so get ready.”

Lucia waited for about a minute, assuming they would need some preparation time. Then, she started addressing seven billion people through the lens of the cameras that were shooting her every action. It was time the world learned just how big of a change it had gone through.

“Hello, tiny citizens of Earth,” she started. “As you will all know by now, my name is Lucia Torres and I am a 27-year-old woman. As you also know and can see, the term woman can hardly start to describe what I’ve become. I may have been one of you, yesterday, but I am something else now. I am taller than a skyscraper, invulnerable to all your weapons, stronger than an entire army. I am a goddess, all-powerful. And you have already witnessed what I am capable of.”

Lucia felt her nipples harden as she went on, talking about her power feeling almost as arousing as exercising it.

“You have tried to stop me, several times. I don’t have a single scratch. All you managed to do was to make me bigger, more powerful. I crushed your police force. I crushed your army. And I will crush anyone else that challenges me. You cannot stop me, so you have no other option buy to obey me.”

Lucia’s womanhood was starting to feel wet, following the lead of her breasts. The giantess wondered how she would take care of this particular need now. A bus would certainly not do. In any case, she would worry about that later. She had a job to finish now.

“From now on, you are mine. You will do as I say. Else, you will be crushed. I will be ruthless and merciless about it. This world is mine to rule. You don’t need to like me. You only need to fear me. And obey me. If you do, I’ll find the way to make this work. If you don’t, well tough shit. Understood?”

Lucia guessed she had been understood. There was nothing too complicated about her speech, was it? It was time to start enforcing it, though.

“I will start with the city of Kingston. I’ve lived here over the last five years and this will forever be the city where I became a goddess. I also want it to be the first city that formally submits to me. As everything, this can happen the easy way or the hard way. Let me tell you how the easy way looks like,” Lucia went on.

She took a second to breathe and continued.

“I am going to walk my way to the City Hall. By the time I arrive there, I expect Mayor Logan to be waiting for me in the plaza. There, I will accept his unconditional surrender of the city to me and I will give him my first instructions. I will spare the lives of those who serve, including him. Now, I don’t think you want to learn about what I have in mind when it comes to the hard way, so let’s all assume that Mayor Logan will not be an asshole and will do the right thing.”

Lucia took another breath and finished:

“That’s all for now. For those of you watching at home, expect my visit sooner rather than later. The world has suddenly become much smaller!”

It had not been a great speech, but Lucia was sure that it had done the job. It was time to walk the talk.

She disregarded the choppers, assuming that they would find the way to follow her and faced Kingston Avenue once more. She was at it in three steps, each of them leaving a deep crater on the road that could have easily contained an Olympic swimming pool. It was there that she realized about the first challenge she would face. The city was simply not designed for a creature her size.

Lucia had not minded too much bringing buildings down after her latest growth spurt. After all, she had been fighting with the army, back then. She did not think that she could apply the same approach now. After having declared herself ruler of the city, the last thing she could do was to bring half of it down, right? At least, not until she was challenged again, which she was sure she would, sooner or later.

The problem, simple as it was, was not that easy to solve: she did not fit the streets. After taking a good look at the city from her vantage point of view, Lucia decided to try her luck in Kingston Avenue, the route she had already chosen. After all, it was the most direct route to Central Plaza, where the City Hall was located. And it was also the widest road in the city, with five lanes in each direction.

And yet, it was obvious that the only way she would be able to make it down the road without wreaking havoc would be by placing one foot directly ahead of the other, walking slowly, much like a tightrope walker.

Three blocks down the road, Lucia was already tired. Her wide hips had brushed the tall façades on both sides of the street a couple of times, sending all sorts of debris raining down to the road below. None of the buildings seemed to have suffered severe structural damage, so Lucia did not get too worried about that. What concerned her was just how long it had taken her to cover the apparently short distance. Combined with just how much care and focus she need to put on something so simple as merely walking, the giantess regarded the twenty or so blocks that separated her from her destination like an ordeal.

Things got worse when a block later she started meeting the laggards of the crowd. They had done a decent job of emptying the first few blocks from the sea. After all, one thing that could be said about her is that she could be clearly seen approaching. Eventually, she would always end up catching anyone, though. No matter how slowly Lucia thought she was moving, it would always be orders of magnitude faster than what the tiny microbes could achieve.

And so, as the sun started to set, Lucia found herself in a situation quite similar to the one she had lived earlier in the morning: there were people on her way.

Lucia was a different person, though. Not only was she much larger, but her regard for human life had also shrunk in proportion. Lucia eyed the “obstacles” on her way with contempt. One thing was trying to avoid bringing buildings down, and the other was being slowed by mere people. Her mind was more than made up, but still, Lucia decided to do something she had not done in a very long while: give them a fair warning.

“Ok, microbes, in case you have not yet figured it out, I’m walking down Kingston Avenue. I will not stop or slow down, so if you are in my way, there is only one thing this will end up for you: splattered. Now, I am doing my best not to damage the buildings and I’m certainly not planning to take any of the side streets. So, get in the lobbies or get in a different street and you will be safe, understood?”

Her next step already took care of a few dozen of the ones that did not understand. The body count only increased from there onwards, the crowd’s thickness growing as she kept making her way deeper into the city.

Kingston Avenue turned out to be a source for all kinds of surprises. Lucia’s feet kept making short work of the crowd down the road when her attention was suddenly taken by a roof three blocks ahead. Had she not possessed the exceedingly keen sight she had, Lucia might not have realized about the people’s presence, but she did. And once she had seen the group of a dozen or so quarter-inch people, there was nothing they were able to do to evade her attention, even if they tried to hide as well as they could.

Lucia was standing next to the building in question half a minute later, its roof reaching somewhere below her massive breasts. The giant wanted to turn sideways in order to get a better look, but it was hard to do it without her feet creating too much of a mess. She finally found a solution making use of the intersection, bringing one foot to each street, keeping them in a somewhat straight angle as she used the space to face the building and the roof in question from an angle. Looking at it almost straight from above, there was nowhere the tiny “observers” were able to evade her attention, even if they had crouched as low as possible beneath the railing.

Lucia felt way more curious than upset, her mood having considerably improved since she had returned to the city. To her, the fact that they were trying to hide from her was more an amusement than a challenge.

“I can see you,” she said in a playful tone.

The dozen people looked up at her smiling face. They were as scared as everyone she had met before, even if, for once, Lucia did not have murderous intentions.

“Was I too much of a view to let it pass?” she asked, cocky. “Well, what do you say about having a much closer look?

They did not know what she was referring to until she stooped, bringing her left breast much closer to the roof and to her captive audience. Needless to say, her little movement was less well received in the roof. She understood that they thought she was going to crush them under her boob. Giggling at the realization, Lucia stopped before her tit touched them and maneuvered so that it rested on the roof, but away from the group.

“God, even my nipple is larger than you!” she said, mocking.

Lucia had all sorts of ideas on what she could do to the group of onlookers, from giving them a private tour to teasing them some more. She did not want to waste too much time, though. She still had things to do and she’d rather close the formalities with Mayor Logan and indulge later than invert the order.

“Kiss it and I’ll leave you alone,” she finally said in her best bedroom voice.

They hesitated.

“Unless you’d rather have me smoosh you with it, of course,” she added casually.

The first brave members of the group took a step to the front an instant later. Lucia looked at them with curiosity and anticipation. She was, for the first time, commanding people. The fact that it was for a somewhat naughty idea made it even more thrilling.

Her massive breast had partially dug the roof, bringing her nipple to the level of the teeny crowd. Lucia felt a shiver run down her spine when she could feel the efforts of the first three men. Even if feeble, the physical stimulation was there. The side effect was unsought though. Stirred by the kisses and licking, her nipple swelled too quickly for the three men to react, pushing them on their backs.

“Oh, my goodness!” Lucia said cheerfully as she removed her breast from the roof. “Let me take my boob away. I really don’t want to crush you, but you guys are just too puny!” she then mocked.

The group in the roof did not know how to react. They were relieved at having her a little further away, but somewhat offended at all her mocking.

She thought about playing with them a little more, but there was no point in doing it. Still feeling playful, Lucia winked at them and used once again a sensual tone to address them:

“I have some stuff to do. Wait for me here and I’ll pick you up when I’m done. Those of you that are here when I return are in for reward only a woman like me can deliver!”

And with that, she repositioned herself in Kingston Avenue and resumed her torturous trek along its path, getting back to the routine: left foot first, wait for it to settle, right foot just in front.

Her little delay with her fans had been amusing. It had also had the added effect of reminding Lucia that Sharon was still waiting for her. She debated whether to pick her up before or after her encounter with Mayor Logan. But she had waited long enough already. And she wanted her only friend to be there when the city they both had lived in was formally delivered to her.

Thankfully, it was a small detour to the spot where she had left her to wait. The issue, of course, was that if Kingston Avenue was hard enough to walk along, the roads she would need to take to get to Sharon would be plainly impossible. Lucia stopped, frowning. What should she do?

The fact that she would need to make some more damage to get to Sharon, whether it was now or later, made her mind up. She knew for a fact that she was getting to her friend, and a few dozen buildings and a few thousand people were not going to avoid that. Not when she would soon have eight million people under her rule.

Lucia was about to divert when she thought that there was nothing wrong it using what was going to happen to her advantage. She beckoned the ever present news choppers, which quickly complied, and addressed them with a challenging expression.

“You have seen me trying to be nice. This is how I want things to be,” she said, ignoring the fact that hundreds had probably died under her feet. “But you need to understand how this will work if you make me upset. So, just so that you cannot say you did not, let me give you a taste of the alternative.”

Lucia had a couple of options. From where she was, it was merely half a dozen blocks to where she had left Sharon. She could try to take the road leading there, which would end up with her legs and hips making short work of the buildings on both sides of the street. Or she could simply ignore the roads.

She realized that, while more spectacular, the second option would also end up with less victims. It was the perfect choice.

She did not provide any further warning before she turned, her feet plowing through the bottom floors of the building to her right, a skyscraper that reached a bit below her neatly trimmed Brazilian strip. Her knee was the next part of her body breaking through it’s façade. Soon, both legs were embedded in the structure, bringing its integrity to the limit and making it collapse like a sand castle. To Lucia it had merely been a step. One of many.

From her vantage point of view, it felt like wading in the see, the buildings barely proving to offer a bit more resistance than the water. She stopped halfway to Sharon to look over her shoulder and admire the wake of her destruction, three city blocks turned into a pile of ruins with rising clouds of smoke where she had only walked. Encouraged, she took another step, bringing half of another building down. The other half promptly followed as her hips followed the lead of her foot.

God, it was so easy! Everything was so easy! The world felt so weak that it was significantly harder to keep it in one piece that bringing it down. She would have cared if she had given a damn about people or their cities. She did not. Not anymore. Not when she soon would have billions under her. In that light, a few tens of thousands or a small section of a city did not matter. They could not stand the comparison to her and her will.

Lucia slowed down as she was about to reach the high-rise where she had set Sharon. It was considerably shorter than its neighbors. The reason she had chosen it was that she had been able to reach its roof, back when she had been a quite smaller giant. She would not have this issue ever again.

The building’s relatively short height had hidden its roof from Lucia’s sight up until now. Its neighbors had shadowed it. Now, barely one block away, Lucia finally got direct view. Her blood froze when the roof showed up, but not Sharon.

Concerned that she might damage the building, Lucia crossed to the opposite side of the road, bringing another high-rise down instead. Then, she crouched, her ass and thighs taking care of yet another skyscraper. She did not mind. She barely noticed it. All she cared about now was Sharon.

Lucia’s head was directly over the roof where she had set her friend. In that position, there was no place to hide from her sight, not even for someone as small as Sharon. And then again, why should she hide from her?

Lucia’s heart shrunk in her chest when she thought about the possibility that Sharon had left. Was she afraid of her? Or even worse, was she too disgusted about what she had done? Had she become too much of a monster even for her best friend to accept?

Lucia felt tears forming behind her eyes as the worst case scenario unfolded in her mind. Then, a strength from within stopped all the wondering and any possible blaming. It was a strength she had not known she had, a strength she had certainly not felt before. It worked. Her billboard-sized eyes changed their expression from blame to determination in an instant.

Sharon would not have left. Even if she had been upset about her actions, she would have stayed and told her. And Lucia knew that no matter what she had thought about what she had done, Sharon would still be loyal to her.

So, ruling the possibility that Sharon had abandoned her on her own volition only left another.

Lucia’s hand cupped like an excavator. Soon, her fingers were plowing through the building’s façade as if it had been made of wet paper. The three top stories of the building, along with its roof were soon resting in her palm, ripped from the building. Lucia simply tossed the rubble over her shoulder and observed the dozens of scurrying mites in the floor that was now open to her. Even in their panic, they could not prevent looking up at the magnificent sight she was.

She did not think she had ever sounded so angry as when she addressed them:

“My friend Sharon was waiting for me in the roof of your building. Now she’s not there. I want to know what happened to her. And I want to know it now!”

Lucia did not give them time to react. Instead, she started picking up groups of people between her fingers and dropping them carelessly on her waiting palm. Five or six scoops later, she had about fifty people, who she brought closer to her face.

“So?” she asked.

When she got no answer, Lucia simply pushed a fingertip in a random group of people, turning them into a bloodstain.

“Tell me what I want to know and live,” she said.

As if to prove her point, she crushed three more people under her index finger. It took four more random punishments for someone to finally yell to her:

“There were helicopters landing on the roof. Military.”

Lucia’s eyes narrowed. Then, she felt a stab of guilt in her heart, realizing that she had been too naïve. Of course the army had seen her talking to Sharon. Of course they had learned that she was important to her. And of course they would do something about it. In a way, Lucia had put a target on her friend. And now, the military had her.

The guilt was very quickly replaced by the anger that was welling inside her, though. They had taken Sharon! The tiny fuckers had taken the only person she cared about! She would show them!

It took Lucia a great deal of self-control not to crush everyone on her palm in one swift motion. She still managed not to, though, keeping her rule of honoring deals. She needed the world to fear her. But she also needed people to know that she would keep her word.

She was not gentle as she dropped her captives back in the building they had come from though. A second later, she was standing up and looking down at Central Plaza in the distance.

Lucia’s eyes were on fire as she made her way to her destination, ignoring people, streets and buildings, carving a new path of destruction in the heart of the city. Finally unconstrained, she reached her destination soon enough. The price had been a few tens of thousands of people. She was more than willing to pay it.

Her mood was very different from the one she had expected when she reached the plaza where the City Hall was located. She had come back from the with high spirits, but she was now even more upset than when she had been attacked by the army. They had taken Sharon!

The entourage of news helicopters followed her new, devastating path, the reporters speculating about the causes for the sudden change in the giant’s attitude. She finally looked up, searching for them. Her eyes set on the flock of aircraft soon enough. She did not give them time to get ready in this occasion. Instead, she just addressed them, sounding louder and angrier than ever.

“I warned you! I told you not to piss me off! But you just cannot listen, can you? Some of you have taken Sharon Higgins. I want her delivered to me within the hour. Or else!”

Lucia raised her left foot as she finished bellowing her command, resting it briefly on the roof of a knee-high building before pushing down and turning it into a pile of rubble in a fraction of a second. She then crouched, digging her hands into the ground and ripping the City Hall building off its foundations. She was holding it at chest level as she said:

“Where is the fucking Mayor? I want Logan on the roof in a minute!”

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lieutenant Lewis Cohen had remotely piloted Reaper drones for three years, in which he had seventeen confirmed kills. He had flown over four dozen missions and had seen almost everything through the remote eyes of his aircraft. He had never seen anything even close to the image on the screen of his console.

Even from the safety of being a thousand miles away, the sight of the gigantic woman standing in the middle of the metropolis was awe-inspiring. He could not believe her size. And he could not believe the realism of it all. Because, of course, she was real.

His instructions had never been simpler. He did not need to search for a target. He did not need to isolate it. He did not need to ensure a precise impact, avoiding collateral damage. All he had to do was to fly his Reaper straight into the woman, hitting her as close to her face as possible. He did not know why. He did not need to know. If Command had decided this was what he had to do, it was only a matter of doing it.

Lewis knew he was far from the only pilot that had been engaged in this mission. For all he knew, every single available pilot in Creech had been called. He did not know about other Air Bases. And still, the sight of countless friendly dots in his situational screen was amazing. He had seldom flown with more than a wingman, and there had to be over fifty other drones with him this time.

Lewis turned the magnification off soon in his approach. His target was easy enough to see. The challenge was not crashing with a building. He had cut the distance with the giant woman in half when he realized that she had noticed them.

It was when he noticed that she was holding something in her hands: an entire building.

“Sir, instructions,” he asked.

“Proceed as planned,” he was responded from the radio. He shivered at the thought of just how easily Command had written off the lives of whoever was inside the structure the woman was holding.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia was still at the peak of her anger when she noticed the approaching dots in the evening sky. She narrowed her eyes and zoomed in with her enhanced sight, only to identify a large number of aircraft heading in her direction. She did not need a lot of deduction to realize that they were military.

“Tiny fuckers!” she muttered.

They were really going to attack her! After all they had seen, they were going to strike her again! Lucia could not believe that they were so damn stupid. Or maybe she had been the one that had been too naïve. After everything that had happened, she had assumed that the brass would have realized about the new balance of power. At the very least, they should have retreated and reconsidered their position. But no, here they were, ready to throw some more useless stuff at her.

Because, it would be useless. She would most likely not even be scratched by it. And if she did, if they managed to hurt her enough, they would only make her grow. She was so pissed off that she even wished for them to be successful. Maybe she needed to become bigger and show them!

Lucia took a deep breath as the dots got closer. She was big enough. She was not in a hurry to get even more massive. And she certainly did not need to become larger in order to show the damned mites just how big of a mistake they were making. Because she would. That was out of the question.

Had she not been brutal enough? Had they not understood her true power? It certainly seemed they had not. It was time for them to learn the real truth. Combined with the anger at having had Sharon abducted, the approach of the attack craft worked to break the last dam in Lucia’s mind. Her lips curled in a sneer as her action plan settled in her mind. She would let the planes throw their stuff at her, weather the attack. Then, she would bring the city down, up to the last stone. The world needed to learn that Lucia Torres could not be fucked around anymore.

She kept the City Hall in her grasp, holding it at chest level as she waited for the barrage to come. It did not. For a moment, Lucia wondered if the fact that she was holding a building full of people was making the army guys change their minds. She got her answer soon enough.

Lucia was still wondering why the weird-looking planes did not seem to have a cockpit when the first one crashed against her, hitting her in the cheek. In a way, it was not that different to being hit by a missile. Three more crashed against different parts of her face. Then half a dozen hit her in the chest. They seemed to be trying to avoid the building, but they were certainly not avoiding her.

Lucia relaxed when she noticed that the impacts were not even hurting. Their annoyance came from the fact that they were attacking her, not so much for their capacity to even sting. Her eyes were narrowed as she waited for their ranks to dwindle.

And then, as fast as they had come, the planes were gone. Every single one of them had ineffectively crashed against her, in what had to be the stupidest attempt from the army yet. The attack was so pointless that Lucia even wondered whether to execute on her threats.

She coughed as she thought on that. If anything, the kamikaze planes had managed to create a cloud of smoke around her. Lucia coughed again, the cobalt-toned gas rejecting to dissipate and becoming denser by the moment.

“What the fuck?” Lucia muttered. She coughed immediately after saying it.

The giantess then noticed that her heart was beating faster, pumping blood and adrenaline along her bloodstream at an increased rate. She initially associated this to the thrill of the incoming fight, but when the heartrate kept accelerating rather than slowing down, Lucia started to become worried.

The first sharp sting came only a second later. It made her react, crushing the building between her hands as she unwillingly contracted them. Lucia felt sweat forming in her forehead and armpits. Her heart kept increasing its rate.

“Oh, fuck!” she muttered, again, realizing that something was wrong. Something was very wrong. What the fuck had that smoke been? What in the hell had the army done to her?

The next sting was so sharp that Lucia felt as if she had been stabbed through the heart. She unwillingly dropped to her knees, shaking her surroundings for miles, as she clutched her chest with both hands, trying to rip whatever it was that was crushing her heart off. The pain, which had been intermittent, was now here to stay. Lucia tried screaming. She barely managed to produce a shriek.

She took a deep breath, trying to slow her heart down. It did not help. It got her enough air to let out a final:

“Noooooooo!”

Every window in Downtown shattered. And then, Lucia collapsed, dropping on her back as her eyes closed.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Tension could be cut with a knife in the command plane’s meeting room. Multiple windows showed the approach of the Reapers as the main screen kept focused on Lucia Torres, now standing in Central Plaza and threatening the city with even more suffering.

General Colt knew this was their last chance. At least, for now. If whatever the redhead woman had prepared did not work, they would have no option but to retreat. He was convinced they would eventually find the way, but he also knew that this would mean leaving Kingston and its eight-million people at her mercy for God knew how long. And he had no hopes about what the consequences of that would be. Not when he had seen her bring down two dozen city blocks as if they had been a house of cards.

Secretary Burton had not said anything in a long while. Whatever it was that the President had said to him, the man had been silent ever since his conversation with him. He could see the tension in him too.

Colonel Sherman seemed to be the only member of his staff with some degree of optimism. The man trusted the scientist, that was easy enough to see. It was also obvious that the only reason for that was that he liked the way she talked and behaved herself around the bigger fishes. Which was a pretty slim reason.

The drones started hitting the giant woman one after the other. General Colt reflected about just how much taxpayer dollars he was betting on this attempt as the counter with the number of active Reapers decreased at high speed. The counter finally reached zero. Not even a fly could be heard in the room.

And then, the woman coughed. He could see some hopeful sighs. Then, she coughed again. Her hands unwillingly crushed the City Hall a moment later. It was curious to see how this was taken as good news by most, having already added everyone inside the building to the list of victims even before they were dead. Another cough. Her face reflected some discomfort. Then pain. Even General Colt was starting to feel hopeful.

The first smiles appeared when she dropped to her knees. Barely a minute had passed by the time she fell on her back. Cheering erupted an instant later. He did not think he had ever been so happy at the result of a mission. And he certainly had not seen his staff look so exultant.

The screams were deafening. Soon, people started turning to Doctor Keane. And then, they started to hold her. The lack of sound in the screen delayed the people’s reaction to what happened next. The main screen shone brightly, finally starting to attract everyone’s attention. It then went dark, with a “no signal” text in the middle.

“What has happened?” General Colt asked.

No one knew the answer. Staff members hurriedly operated the controls to try to bring the image back. He crouched and looked through the window.

“Oh my God!” he muttered.

It was gone. Kingston was gone. A mushroom-shaped cloud was starting to rise in the spot that had previously been occupied by the city.

 

Epilogue by papayoya
Author's Notes:

 

 

Epilogue

 

The sound of the rotors broke the eerie silence of the devastated landscape as the team exited the helicopter in their NBC suits. Flashlights illuminated their path as they moved away from the aircraft and in the direction of ground zero.

“Eight-hundred yards to target,” a mechanical voice said on the radio.

“Radiation at seventy-two counts per minute,” another voice added.

Command had been making their minds up regarding sending a team in for hours. It was closed night by the time they did. And still, the full moon provided more than enough illumination for them to see the post-apocalyptic scene the former city of Kingston had become.

The city was gone. Not only Downtown, but the entire city, its suburbs and some of the neighboring towns. Casualties were still unknown, but no one expected them to be under ten million, by far the largest tragedy in the history of the nation. Lieutenant Milner tried to keep focused on the mission as the evidence of the catastrophe surrounded him. So close to the epicenter of the explosion as they were, not even the building foundations remained. What had one been one of the most vibrant city centers in the country had become a pile of dust, dunes forcing them to change their path or to climb when no obvious alternative was found.

Milner’s unit had been specifically trained for post-nuclear scenarios. None of what he was seeing surprised him. And still, he felt appalled. He had never thought he would live this in his life. Not in a world that had steadily moved away from the risk of nuclear war. The complete lack of radiation made the entire situation even weirder, even if it made his job easier. His team was still geared up for the worst-case scenario, but the readings of their radiation counter meant that they did not need to rush.

They continued their path in silence, breaking it only to provide indications on the way to go or to update the radiation measurements.

“I have something!” one of his men finally said in the radio, his voice a mix of excitement and concern.

Milner and his team rushed, hurriedly climbing a dune to meet Corporal Harris. He had his powerful flashlight pointed in the valley right underneath. Milner felt the tension build in his team as the beam illuminated a body. It was a woman’s body, and it was lying face down.

He gave the instruction and they all rushed downwards. He took the ownership of crouching over the petite frame and pull it towards him, turning the woman so that she was lying on her back.

His men could not contain the surprise and his radio filled with comments:

“Oh my God!”

“Fucking bitch!”

Of course, they had all recognized Lucia Torres. She was unmistakable. It was somewhat shocking to see that, at normal size, the woman was not precisely tall. Milner guessed she would be five foot five, or something like that. It embarrassed him to think that she was good looking.

Then, someone said the obvious:

“She is alive!”

The rhythmical bouncing of her abundant chest was unmistakable.

They had not been expecting any trouble, but Milner still carried his side arm. He had to fight with all his inner strength to not unholster it and empty the clip on the woman’s body, now looking so fragile.

Instead, he said sharply in the radio:

“Doc!”

A man at the back of the group, wearing a slightly different type of suit, moved to the front. He had not known Doctor Steeler before this drop, but he did not need to. The sharp-looking man had been assigned to them and that was all he needed to know.

Steeler knelt besides Lucia Torres, quickly examining her. He then removed a canister from his backpack and attached it to a mouthpiece. Soon after he placed the mouthpiece on the unconscious woman, her chest’s bouncing slowed down considerably.

“Place her on the stretcher,” Steeler said, his voice made of ice.

Milner looked in his direction, even if the masks of their suits prevented direct eye contact.

“We are bringing her back.”

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

It had been three days. Three days Riley had spent in isolation, with nothing else to think about other than what had happened in Kingston. They had not let her talk to anyone. They had not kept her in the dark, though. She had been fed more information than she could have ever hoped. She now understood why. They wanted to debrief her.

Riley was sitting on a windowless waiting room, a single soldier standing guard at the exit, silent, motionless. She did not know who she would face, once the door on the opposite wall opened, but she could guess the types of questions she would get.

For twenty seconds, Riley had been a national hero, the person that had rid the country of the threat of Lucia Torres, officially labeled as the worst monster in the United States history. Now she was the responsible for the death of eleven million people.

She told herself, once again, that she could not have known. Riley had worked on the regeneration area of the GC project. She had never got enough credit for the breakthroughs she had managed to achieve. She had not been senior enough to be acknowledged by Stahl or Lang before everything had gone to hell. Her gut feeling about what would happen if they bombed Lucia Torres with thermite, about which sort of triggers it would activate in the drug, had finally put her on the spotlight. And where she had guessed a problem, she had also found a solution.

It was bad for her to say, but her idea to use the drug’s healing abilities, developed mostly by her, in their favor was brilliant. She had found a bug they could exploit, and she had developed a working prototype in hours. Up until then, Lucia Torres’ body had fixed every problem it had met by growing. So, she had designed a variation of the drug that would appeal exclusively to some parts of her heart and trigger the reaction for a heart attack. When Torres’ body tried to fix itself, it would grow parts of the heart at a higher rate than others, making the problem worse.

It had worked. She had killed the giant. She had freed the world of the monster. It turned out that GC-226 had found yet another way to fix the problem. No one could have expected it to trigger a massive shrinking process. But, of course, it made sense. In the span of seconds, Lucia Torres had reduced back to her normal height of 5’5”. And, in the process, it had freed the megatons of energy it had been accumulating while growing. Fifty-three megatons, to be precise. A higher explosive yield than the largest hydrogen bomb ever built.

And so, Lucia Torres had survived. And the city of Kingston along with the entire county was gone. Riley knew they would blame her. It was the easy thing to do. And maybe it was also the right thing to do. But, could she have known?

She eyed the soldier, still motionless, and sighed, trying to guess how much longer she would need to wait. There were not clocks in the room, but she had probably been there for over an hour.

It was not her fault. She reached that conclusion even before the door opened. She did as best as she could with the time she had had. And she had neutralized the threat of Lucia Torres. After the consequences of the explosion, no one really knew how many victims she had caused before it, but Riley did not think that the number would be under a hundred thousand. And that had been in merely one day. How bad would it have been if she had remained at large? Of course, it was only a guess, but Riley did not think that the figure would have been below the consequences of the massive energy release of her reduction.

The door finally opened. A soldier led the way, followed by a man in suit: Doctor Stahl. Of course they would also like to talk to him. She looked for eye contact. When she finally meet his gaze she did not find the usual arrogance. There was guilt, instead. And fear. He then avoided her and kept going, crossing the room to the opposite door.

“Doctor Keane, come in, please,” a voice called from within the room.

Riley was surprised when the large boardroom turned out to be as windowless as the waiting room she had been in. Where had they brought her? The table was long, sitting men both in different types of military uniforms and dark suits.

“Sit here, please,” a man in a gray suit said, pointing at an empty chair at the front. “I’m Director Reese.”

Riley sat, wondering who the rest of the audience was, but it was clear from the tone of the man that there were not going to be introductions. She decided to remain in silence.

“Do you know why you are here?” Reese asked

“The explosion, I guess,” Riley ventured. She had nothing to gain from being evasive. She was just wondering which sort of punishment she would get. The fact that the trial was not public made her hair stand on end, but then again, it would have not necessarily been better if she had been subjected to the public’s judgment.

“We read your report. It was conclusive enough. Every expert we checked with concurred with your conclusions,” Reese said.

This was surprising. Was the man really saying that the explosion was water under the bridge?

“I was not even in Stahl’s staff before the events, so I don’t see how the explosion is not the point,” she answered plainly.

“You keep looking backward. Kingston was a disaster. A catastrophe. The worst thing that has ever happened to our country. But we would rather look forward,” Reese came back.

She had to stop for an instant to make sure that she had understood correctly what he had said. She was not here to be judged for what had happened. She was here because they wanted to talk about the future? Of course, considering her area of expertise, it was not that hard to guess which type of future he wanted to talk about. She decided to play it safe, though.

“I beg your pardon. I do not understand,” she said.

“Our country has suffered a massive blow, Miss Keane. But this is hardly the most important thing that happened this last week. The world has changed, Riley. The entire world now knows that it is possible to genetically engineer a human being and turn her into a weapon of mass destruction. From now on, we live in this world,” the main said with a solemnity that indicated that he was a politician.

Riley understood where this was heading even before Reese finished. She could not believe it. And yet, rather than being disgusted, she felt interest sparking inside her. She was going to get offered something, and she wanted to know what. She knew she would not get it right away, though. She had to let the man go on.

“We just went through a tragedy that cost eleven million of American lives. The messages of condolences and support only lasted twenty-four hours, though. The last forty-eight our government has had to invest most of its diplomatic efforts in ensuring both our allies and our foes that this was an accident, nothing related to any military research program. Of course, they know as well as we do that we are lying,” he admitted with a sincerity that made Riley realize that she was in as secret a forum as one could get.

“Things are not going to get better. No one will trust us on this. Some will try to replicate whatever it is that we did by themselves. Others will try to steal it from us. Most will try to do both.”

He stopped talking, clearly giving her the opening for a question. She did not have any, so she simply said:

“You are picturing a dark world.”

“It will be. In 1945, we created and launched the first atomic bomb in history. We beat Hitler to the bomb. And we beat the soviets. Our advantage lasted four years. And we then lived forty years under the constant threat of an all-out nuclear war. As tragic as the events that led to the current situation are, we have a head start. We intend not to lose it.”

Riley sighed. Of course, it was to be expected. And still, the fact that the man could present his plans with such a calm demeanor so soon after the tragedy the technology he was discussing had caused was somewhat startling.

“How?” Riley simply asked.

Reese smiled and stood up.

“Would you please follow me, Dr. Keane?”

She had no option, so she moved after the man, escorted by two dangerous-looking soldiers. Not everyone on the table went with them.

For a man who was so obviously in love with his own words as Reese, the walk along the dark aisles was strangely quiet. Riley was starting to figure out that they were somewhere underground. Was this one of those secret research facilities that conspiracy chasers always talked about?

They finally arrived to an armored door, flanked by two additional guards. Reese got an ID card out and moved it towards the sensor. It was only the first part of a two-step identification process. The next one was a very stereotypical retina scan.

The door unlocked, and Reese went on. They were in a lab. A well-equipped lab. He pointed to the far side of it, where thick glass separated a closed area. Riley’s jaw dropped when she saw the nude and very much alive body of Lucia Torres lying on the bed. She had a mask over her mouth and nose and an IV connected to her left arm.

“I… I thought she was gone. The reports mentioned lethal injection and incineration…” Riley said. That Lucia Torres had survived the explosion she herself had caused was unbelievable to start with. That the government would keep such a dangerous creature alive was even harder to swallow.

“The world thinks that she was disintegrated in the explosion. Those that know better know she survived. And they also know that we killed her right after and got rid of the body. It would be logical enough for a country in grief to do so. There are no more than two-dozen people that know the truth. Now, you are one of them.”

“How… how is she?” Riley asked.

“She is fine. Asleep. And we will make sure that she continues like that. Changed. Very much changed.”

“How?” Riley asked.

“Well, Dr. Keane, we were precisely counting on you to help us understand it,” Reese said.

So, this was it. They were offering her a job.

“What do you want me to do?” she asked.

“A bit of everything, really. We need to understand what really happened better. We also need to make sure that it cannot happen again. At least, not against our will. So, in the remote possibility anyone manages to replicate the process, we need to have a way to neutralize the subject. Without the destructive side effects, if possible.”

Riley listened to what he was saying. It was logical. It was not everything.

“You will not stop here, will you?” she asked.

“We are all grown ups here, Dr. Keane. Of course, we won’t. We are in a unique position to develop a counter to the threat. But we are also the only ones that know how to develop this into a threat we can control,” Reese said.

When Riley did not respond, he added:

“There are two possible outcomes of the events of the week, Dr. Keane. We can let others catch up and start a new cold war, or we can guarantee America’s supremacy.”

The man had sounded like a hawk. Now she knew he was one. And still, what he was saying made some sort of strange sense. She suddenly thought about something.

“What about Stahl?” she asked.

“Dr. Stahl decided that retirement was a better option at this point,” Reese simply said.

Riley felt some discomfort. The man’s words had sounded disquieting. And she had not given them an answer yet. Her train of thought was interrupted by a warm laugh.

“Please, Dr. Keane. Don’t believe everything you see in the movies. Dr. Stahl will retire. He just signed the paperwork committing not to use his scientific skills again. He agreed to have his communications monitored. So, he will enjoy a happy retirement. We will see to it.”

The words had been meant to comfort her, but also as a warning. So, she had two choices: either enroll on the project or abandoned her career as a researcher. At thirty-two, it sounded like a bleak option.

The alternative was certainly much more appealing. She did not need to ask to know that she would enjoy unlimited resources, should she join the effort. The type of resources that were needed to do breakthrough work.

She wondered how Einstein, Fermi and Oppenheimer had felt when working in the Manhattan project. She would not need to wonder long, though. She had every intention to join. She had too much talent to let it waste. Fifty years from now, her name would be in History books, next to those who had turned atomic energy into a weapon. And, considering just how much more powerful the human genome was when compared to the atom, she may as well appear higher.

“I have some conditions,” Riley said.

“Name them,” Reese replied, smiling.

 

 

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=8497