World In A Box by Gille
Summary:

A world where a disease causes people to grow and people to shrink


Categories: Gentle, Breasts, Slow Size Change, Young Adult 20-29, Adventure Characters: None
Growth: Mega (501 ft. to 5279 ft.)
Shrink: Nano (1/2 in. to 2.5 nanometers)
Size Roles: F/f
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: No Word count: 65735 Read: 98792 Published: April 14 2017 Updated: April 14 2017

1. prologue by Gille

2. Chapter 1 by Gille

3. Chapter 2 by Gille

4. Chapter 3 by Gille

5. Chapter 4 by Gille

6. Chapter 5 by Gille

7. Chapter 6 by Gille

8. Chapter 7 by Gille

9. Chapter 8 by Gille

10. Chapter 9 by Gille

11. Chapter 10 by Gille

12. Chapter 11 by Gille

13. Chapter 12 by Gille

14. Chapter 13 by Gille

15. Chapter 14 by Gille

16. Chapter 15 by Gille

17. Chapter 16 by Gille

18. Chapter 17 by Gille

19. Chapter 18 by Gille

20. Chapter 19 by Gille

21. Chapter 20 by Gille

22. Chapter 21 by Gille

23. Chapter 22 by Gille

24. Epilogue 1 A tale of two Monarchs by Gille

25. Epilogue Two: A Tale of Many Peoples by Gille

prologue by Gille

*****ALL CREDIT GOES TO DIET FROM https://giantesscity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=129720 *******************

I DID NOT WRITE THIS!

 

PROLOGUE

 

Shrugging off her windbreaker, she laid it on a chair, and then took one step down into the sunken den.

Casually, tossing her gym bag aside, she grumbled in annoyance when work clothes spilled out. With a sigh and a slump of the shoulders, Kyra absently set the bottle of water in her hand down and focused on picking up her clothing before Sienna came home and saw her mess.

Finishing her task, she paused to undo the scrunchie holding her pony tail, then shook her head slightly to allow raven hair to fall free about her shoulders.
“Oh!” she dashed over and grabbed up the water bottle. Distracted by her clothes on the floor, she’d set the bottle down roughly and it had fallen over. The only thing keeping its contents from spilling was the glass like force field protecting the terrarium.

Leaning over, Kyra looked into the enclosure and, of course, the teeny things inside were terrified, running this way and that. If she listened intently, she could just pick up on their screams. Her annoyance dissipated, understanding that seeing a tipping bottle, which held enough water to flood your whole world, would be petrifying.

“Sorry little ones,” Kyra said earnestly. “I should have been more careful.” Really she didn’t know why she bothered to apologize; it didn’t seem the tiny people understood language, or at least her language.

She studied them intently for some time. Tiny round huts with thatched roofs, several cook fires burning. The environmental system would remove the minute amounts of smoke, ensuring the tiny people would continue to have perfectly clean air.

In the fields beyond, animal’s grazed, minuscule goats, sheep, and some cattle looked to be contentedly munching grass. The little people had just begun to learn the value of horses. Thankfully so, as Sienna had spent quite a bit of money to purchase them. Perhaps it wouldn’t be long before the they would develop the saddle, or begin using the animals to pull a plow. That is, after they discovered what a plow was.

Squinting, Kyla could just see the little mounds of dirt; within each the tiny ones had planted maize. Sienna had been so very proud that her people had begun to farm. Above their little land puffy white clouds floated lazily in an artificial blue sky.

She frowned, having been so busy observing the; she’d not noticed that the people were lying prostrate on the ground worshiping her as if she were a goddess. Normally the blue skies muted their presence somewhat, but not if you came close to the force field protecting the tinies world. When you are 2,000 plus feet tall in relation to the people you are observing, you tend to be noticed. After all, the beings she was looking at were so small they could easily stand four abreast on one of her fingernails.

Being worshiped as if goddess, certainly massaged Kyla’s ego, but she wasn’t a goddess, she was an ordinary person, albeit really huge to them, but still just a person

Another thought… she was probably giving them quite a show. Straightening up, she adjusted her sports bra.

“Crap…” Kyla muttered grumpily upon hearing Sienna’s shuttle lowering to the pad outside. She had forgotten to refill the water tank. Grabbing the water bottle that had almost unleashed Armageddon on the tinies, she gently tipped it into the reservoir, causing the red warning light to cease blinking. Sensing water available, the environmental program kicked into gear, the puffy while clouds began to slowly turn darker, flashes of cute little lightening roiling within, an afternoon rain shower to water their crops.

Quickly Kyla paced to the couch to lie down. Snatching the pad up, she turned on the view screen, the nightly news of the Empire came on.
Hearing the door open, Kyla pretended to be paying attention to the news. Within the terrarium the little storm began. She imagined the tiny people were hurriedly rounding up animals, bringing some into their grassy huts for protection against the rain.

Kyla reflected that is was good she never backwashed when drinking out of a bottle…yuck…

Sienna was talking to the Halfling who greeted her at the door. As ever, her voice was cheery as she spoke to the little person, one of the 800 they kept in their employ. The small people took care of the cleaning, cooking, garden work, and anything else they desired around the massive estate.
“Might I take your bag?”

“Hmmm?” Kyla had been so lost in thought she’d not heard the woman. “Yes, if you would, Minya, thanks.”

The little woman gestured, and another Halfing came to help With a an adorable grunt, the small women hefted up a gym bag as big as they were was and walked out of the room.

The distant clinking of china and flatware was a telltale sign to Kyla the table was being set. She sometimes wished Sienna wasn’t such a stickler for using the grand dining room, or more specifically, dining rooms in this behemoth of an estate. There were times when Kyla would rather just eat while sitting in front of the view screen.

Sienna swept into the room, her bubbly personality filling it.

“And how are my little cuties today?” she cooed while leaning over to look in the terrarium. “Ah, a nice rain shower, looks like Kyla remembered to refill your water.”

“Don’t I get a hello?”
Sienna straightened at hearing her lovers grumpy voice. “Did you use the water out of your gym bottle to refill their tank?”

Caught… Kyla sunk a bit lower into the couch. Having forgotten to grab the offending bottle and bring it to the couch with her.

“Gross baby!” Sienna folded her arms over her ample chest and glared at her.

“Oh, water’s, water,” With a grunt, Kyla slid off the couch and stood, slowly rising up to her full height of 9’10” inches.

“You gotta use the filtered water, honey.” Sienna turned back to the terrarium. “You know how fragile they are.”

“It’s not like I have cooties, they’ll be fine,” said Kyla while slipping off her tennis shoes.

“I hope so…” Sienna’s voice trailed off, clearly she was worried.

“If some of them die, we can always get more, it’s not like there aren’t billions of them.” Kyla padded over bare feet on hard wood floors to loom over Sienna. Her wife wasn't short, standing at 6’5” it just was that Kyla was one of the largest of the Colossi.

“Our little people are special!” said Sienna, while playfully backhanding her tall lover square in the tummy. Kyla doubled over, letting out an exaggerated huff of air causing Sienna to laugh. “Oh that didn’t hurt! With all the gym time you put in, you’re as strong as ten men.”

“At least 30, they’re small.” Kyla wiggled her brows teasingly.”

As her lover’s lips were close, Sienna took full advantage, kissing Kyla who made no attempt to back away.
**
“The keepers of our world are angry!”

Within the long house the people knelt before the high priest, trembling in fear at his pronouncement.

“Both appeared from the heavens to look down upon us! Now they send evil spirits, some of which flash across the sky, others speak with terrifying voice!” As if making his point a flash of lightening filled the window, followed by a peal of thunder.

“We must work harder my people, tend to your fields, and care for your animals. We must prove we are worthy to remain under their protection lest the dark times come upon us again!”
**
“Thank you Minya.” As the Halfling woman picked up her step stool and backed away, Sienna took hold of the wine glass by the stem, softly chiming it against Kyla's in toast before taking a drink.

“That will be all.” Kyla ordered before pushing her chair back from the table to give her long legs a bit more room.

“Do you think they despise having to serve us?” Sienna asked once the door had shut.

“I don't care what they think, so long as they do the job,” Replied Kyla while crossing her legs femininely.

“Are we so superior that we see no need to show them compassion?”

“The Empire shows them no compassion due to their people unleashing three separate wars against us.”

Kyla let out a tired sigh while raising one hand up, dragging fingers though her long dark hair in frustration. We both are always polite to them and the miniatures as well. Don't I ensure they have a warm bed waiting in the servant’s quarters at the end of their work day? I feed them, I clothe them, I keep them healthy, I--”

“I know your position is far more powerful than mine and you earn far more than me, but I try to contribute to this household as best I can.”
Kyla immediately sat up, her hand reaching out to clasp Sienna's “My love, you know all that is mine is yours.”

“I apologize.” Sienna said immediately upon looking into Kyla's pained blue eyes. It’s just sometimes I feel sad, wondering if things could have been handled differently after the event so all those millennia ago.”

The event… a gentle euphemism used to describe the cataclysm.

In 3122 the population of the Earth had reached 25 billion. To avoid a global war over dwindling resources the elite of the new world order decided to try their hand at social engineering. A unique virus was created, designed to reduce the size of humanity. It would allow billions of tiny people to live in planned communities, using fewer resources, and under the control of those deemed worthy to remain at full size…

When it was unleashed, the virus mutated rapidly, making any inoculation against it useless and became a textbook example of the law of unintended consequences.

Across the globe people began to get smaller…

Billions shrank, some becoming so small they disappeared forever from view. Others stopped at the size of a finger, some were reduced to half their former size, and still others became the size of a grain of rice.

With any virus, there are always some which have natural immunity. In this case the shrinking virus did nothing to them, or inexplicably they grew larger and kept growing larger generation after generation. These people, named the Colossi, were ancestors to Kyla and Sienna.

The Halflings as they came to be known and the the Colossi were always destined to clash over which of the two would rule.

The Colossi won all three conflicts; the last war over 200 years ago resulted in the near extinction of the Halflings. With rule assured, the new Empire of the Colossi dedicated itself to expansion, first to all parts of the globe, then to the universe beyond. The Moon and Mars had been fully colonized. With the advent of warp drive, other star systems awaited exploration. There was no limit to progress

“I also worry…”

“Worry about what?” Kyla replied, pulled out of thought by her lover’s voice.

“I worry about the Empire exploring outside of our own Solar system.”

“Why?” Kyla shifted in her chair, interested in knowing the reason for Sienna’s reservations as the overwhelming majority of the Colossi saw exploration as a grand opportunity to learn more about the universe, to make contact with other intelligent life, and then conquer them.

“You know, I teach history.”

“I may not always appear to pay attention, but I did pick up on that.” Kyla gently took the glass by its stem, taking a sip of the wine within.

Sienna gave her a disparaging look, but went on. “Yesterday, I was teaching the kids about the ancient Age of Exploration, specifically the diseases the Europeans brought to the New World, diseases which decimated the native population.”

“Kyla knew where this line of thought was going. “The shrinking virus we carry, you think we might infect other societies should we come into contact with them.”
Sienna nodded, “I can’t help but wonder, as the strain is extremely virulent, The Halflings are still getting smaller with every new generation. The virus has affected, animals, crops, shrinking some species to minute size. If this reduction in size continues to its logical end, our descendants may become the largest species, not only on earth but in the universe.”

“Well, if that were to happen, my choice would be bigger as opposed to smaller.”

Sienna frowned, “Kyla, you are already one of the biggest among the big. How big is too big I wonder? What I mean is… Is it right that we rule just because we are the largest and strongest?”

“Yes,” replied Kylia while sitting her glass down upon the table. “You know, being a history teacher, how close the Halflings came to winning the last war. Since the formation of the Empire, we have peace; we care for those weaker than us.”

“But—“

“Look…” Kylia abruptly stood, taking Sienna’s hand within her own, leading her through the mansion to the den to stop at the terrarium containing the little people. Within the environmental system had created the effect of night. Across the landscape, the people were ensconced within tiny huts, most of them likely to be sleeping peacefully.

“All know that Halflings, and the miniatures are people. The Halflings, can take care of themselves, the finger sized miniatures can also do so with some accommodation, but these here, the specks cannot. They live and thrive here,” Kyla pointed to the terrarium, “only because of our protection; our world is simply too big for them to survive.”

“I understand what you are saying,” Sienna wrapped her arms around tall love, letting out a sigh of pleasure at feeling Kyla’s fingers gently begin roving though her long ginger hair. “But sometimes I feel sad, thinking I’ve confined them within a gilded cage.”

“You keep them alive and well.” Kyla’s fingers slid under Sienna’s chin lifting it so their eyes could meet. “You know, every day, thousands of the specks die, unknowingly trampled underfoot, or devoured by animals. Even the smallest of insects are a threat to them.

Sienna shuttered, tears filling her eyes. “Such horrible deaths… they deserve better.”

“And you’ve given these here, a chance to live in peace, to learn and evolve, free of the dangers of our world.” Kyla’s hand remained as she bent low to give her love a simple chaste kiss. “What you have here is more than a simple glass terrarium in some kid’s bedroom. “This is a self-contained world in which lie all the resources these little people need to thrive.”

“And we, like gods, watch over them…”

“Some among them may think that, maybe those who only know of the world within this terrarium, but if they develop as you hope, all of these people well eventually realize that we are not gods, but people like them.”

“Just loads bigger,” added Sienna.

Kyla chuckled… “Yes.”

“Speaking of resources…”

Sienna looked up in time to see her lover quirk one eyebrow up.

“I’d love to make some additions to their habitat.”

“Such as…” purred Kyla warily.

“Well, they need more pasture, oh and maybe some mountains. I’d like to introduce squash, beans, wheat, apple trees, pear trees, maybe some mellons, honeydew, water—“

“Buying those miniature plants costs a fair bit of money Sienna.”

“Oh, and I want to have a river! Just think we can stock it with fish and have it flow into a little lake!”

“Aside from the money, the items you suggest would at least quadruple the size of their habitat.”

“You make this sound like this would be some massive project; the people we care for are so small that everything I’ve described will still fit nicely on this side table.”

“Sienna, it would cost…”

“You can afford it, please help me with this?”

Kyra finally nodded her assent, causing Sienna such happiness she bounded up into her arms.

Chapter 1 by Gille

“We live in an age of wonders. The keepers have used their magic; allowing us to have land, peace, and food to eat.” Cypian smiled looking out at clear water flowing by. The flowing waters, shinned in the light of the oncoming day. A river, the high priest had named it. Its waters flowed from far away in the hills down to the great lakes.

“I’m still not sure about eating this slimy thing.” Klitus held up his spear, the small beastie impaled upon it still flailing about.

“Fish,” corrected Cypian using the name the high priest had given. “They are good when cooked, you will see.”

**
“You gotta get up”

“No.” grumbled Kyla, grabbing a pillow; she buried her head under it while burrowing deeper into the covers.

“I’ll just go and ensure breakfast is ready.”

“Saturday…” Kyla's muffled voice came from under the pillow. “Wana sleep.”

“You were the one who said she wanted to run on Saturday mornings; I’m just reminding you of your pledge.” Sienna replied while donning a cute little green tee and some long white P.J. Bottoms. “Although I have no idea why, as much as you work out, seems to me a day off wouldn't be a bad thing.”

Inwardly, Kyla groaned, she had said she wanted to run, but saying it and doing it were two different things. The rationalizing began. She had gone to the gym all week, as Sienna had said, surely a day off was in order.

As the bedroom door closed Kyla resolved it best to give her body the rest it so richly deserved. With a sigh, she settled in for a late sleep.
The chamber door opened annoying her.

Deftly Kyla flung the pillow, thinking to bop Sienna for coming to bother her again.

The surprised yelp and subsequent crash, caused Kyla to bolt upright in bed. Looking over, she saw a Halfling attempting to extricate herself from the clothes hamper.

“Minya are you alright?” Kyla stood genuinely worried about her head of house-keeping. Padding over, she lifted a pillow the size of the woman away, and pulled her out of the basket, setting her down upon the floor.

“Yes Mistress, apologies for bothering you.” Minya dared not look up at the woman towering over her. Kyla got the hint, moving away she threw on a worn tee and a pair of sweats to cover her nudity.

Turning, she studied the little Halfling. Minya was fidgeting just a bit, clearly nervous. Expected really, Kyla knew she was extremely tall even by the standards of the Colossi, add into that long black hair, an imposing physique, and piecing blue eyes… well, you’ve got good reason to be spooked if of a much shorter stature. The vast majority of the Halflings preferred not to speak with her if at all possible. Not that she was mean, or prone to displays of temper, it was just her enormous size, and her general stoic nature that was off-putting.

“Lady Sienna sent me to tell you Governor Baroun has arrived.”

“On a Saturday...” grumbled Kyla. “Doesn't the man ever rest?”

“Shall I tell him you are indisposed?”

“No, I'll see him. Have him carried into the breakfast room, I'll be there in--”

Kyla abruptly stopped speaking to look down. Gingerly she moved her bare foot, sure enough, a dozen of the speck sized people had been crushed. Little things always traveled in packs.

Her mood soured.

Before entering into a relationship with Sienna, Kyla never cared about accidentally crushing the speck people. It just happened, she was so big, compared to them that it was difficult to look out for the things. Unlike some however, she was not a sadist, deriving pleasure from killing the specks, but again, she hadn't necessarily worried much when she did inadvertently step on one... or ten.

Most considered, the speck people akin to pests having their homes sprayed to kill them. Sienna preferred catch and release. Traps had been set throughout the manor house. This had its own drawbacks. Once her lover had no more than just released a load of the specks into the wild before birds set upon them.
Sienna cried herself to sleep that night.

After that, whenever possible Sienna allowed the most helpless of those caught in the traps to be placed within the safety of the terrarium. There were just so many of the little things, that decisions had to be made, they couldn't all be kept.

Kyla hobbled over to the bathroom, with a look of disgust, she grabbed a bit of tissue, using it to wipe the bottom of her foot clean. Some action was needed.

“Mynia.

“Yes, Mistress?”

“Have the estate sprayed, I'm tired of stepping on these things.”

The Halfling's agitation showed as she wiped the floor with a bit of cloth, Sienna would undoubtedly be upset.

“Have it done during the time she is at work.” Kyla suggested.

“Yes, Mistress.”

“Leave me.”

As Mynia departed the chamber, Kyla looked at herself in the mirror, trying to decide if it was necessary to clean up and dress. No, she was just meeting with a miniature, she didn't need to put on appearances. Besides, it was Saturday morning and she liked casual best.

The two of them, she and Sienna, had always lived simply. Now in this grand home that was a challenge. The estate had 178,000 plus square feet. Granted, Kyla's size warranted more space, but this estate was ludicrous in scale and that was just the house. The grounds surrounding it were the size of the ancient U.S. State named Rhode Island, some 1200 square miles.

“The price of success.” muttered Kyla while fiddling a bit with her hair. “What I get for being appointed Imperial Viceroy.”

She'd have much rather, remained head of the largest bank in the Empire, but her short stint in the military, plus, her deft handing of the bank's resources had caught the eye of the Empress who appointed her to manage Eurasia, the largest of Earth's Provinces. Quite a shock to the rest of the Empire's leadership as Kyla was all of 22 Imperial years of age.

It was quite a job being Viceroy. Managing money was far easier, given certain parameters, you received a certain result. Management of people, never worked the same way. Still, Kyla had learned quickly that the deck was stacked in her favor. She had the full resources of the Imperial military, control of the courts, and of the police to maintain the iron handed order the Empress demanded.

Of course, even with absolute control, Kyla had learned to politic. Going to the gym for instance, the manor-house had a gym, but mingling with the public gave her a certain everyman quality that people liked. Her position, ensured she wasn't anything like everyone else, but most people judge solely by appearances so the act worked well to maintain her popularity.
**
“This had better be important.”

Sienna, gave her love a look, but said nothing as Kyla entered the breakfast room. Instantly, the Halflings went to work. As she sat, breakfast was placed before her with practiced precision. As befitting her station, the presentation was beautiful. Fine china plates with silver inlay, immaculately polished flatware. The room was grand, gorgeous hardwood paneling with,a massive marble fireplace and floor to ceiling windows to let the light in. The beautiful manicured garden's outside, were filled with hundreds of Halflings toiling away to create the perfect formal garden. As the Empress advised, reinforce you status with the trappings of power. This huge estate did that in spades. Course, the Colossi had always been enamored with size...

“Most important Viceroy.” the finger-sized man on the table bowed low.

“Have you broken your fast Governor?”

“I have not Viceroy.

Placing napkin in lap, Kyla picked up her fork using it to gesture that the little fella should be served. Out of the corner of her eye, she noted how he ducked in fear as the gigantic tines of her fork swept near him.

A miniature chair was placed behind him, actually it was placed so close, it took out his knees, causing him to plop down hard into the seat. The Halfling which had done the deed, apologized profusely, but all in the room, knew it was a slight, the two groups hated the other. The miniatures had sided with the Colossi in the wars, and the Halflings were known to hold a grudge.

As a small table was placed before him, Kyla's eyes flicked up to Sienna who nodded minutely, the offending Halfling would be transferred to the gardens, a demotion from being a house servant.

“Is this information you are about to tell me confidential, or may Vicereine Sienna stay with us?”

“It is not confidential, even if it was I know she would never speak a...” his voice trailed off as a tiny plate was set before him, the single piece of fluffy egg upon it as big as his head, the snippet of bacon as long as his arm, the crumb of toast alone was the size of his torso.

On the pad of one upturned finger, a Halfling held out minuscule flatware for him to use.

“My apologies for appearing before you on a Saturday Viceroy, but--” he gasped, watching as she devoured a bit of egg as large as he was. One never quite got used to how big the Halflings were, the Colossi, well, they were on such a scale that it caused a most fearful awe.

“On man, on.” urged Kyla while holding up her cup, a servant moving with alacrity to pour her more coffee from the silver coffee server. As it was set down near him, a small tremor shook the table, in its shinned surface, he could see just how small he truly was. There was a bright side, least he wasn't a speck, those people were hopelessly minuscule.

“The killing of our people is reaching epidemic levels, many do not feel safe outside the boundaries of our cities.”

“Your people are small, accidents do occur.” Kyla said a bit too flippantly for Sienna's taste.

Reaching over, Sienna took hold of the coffee server, moving it so that the little man could be seen again.

“Your pardon, Viceroy but many feel that these killing are no accidents, all know the Halflings hate us, many suspect--”

“I can't take action based on what you suspect, I need proof, Governor.” Kyla, pointed again with her fork, this time keeping the tines further away while indicating that the little fellow should eat.

For some moments, the three of them dined in silence. Baroun watching as the Viceroy and her wife ate. It was incredible the amount of food they consumed, enough to keep one of his towns fed for at least a month... and this was just breakfast.

“Would that you could see the situation from our perspective, you might feel differently.”

“I have you, to tell me of your people's perspective governor.” replied Kyla coolly. “After all, they did... elect... you to do so.” she held back on none of the disdain she felt for the miniatures experiments with democracy.

“And we have a true friend in you Viceroy,” he responded diplomatically. “One we know will keep us safe.”

“Most certainly Governor, our Viceroy has always dedicated herself to the protection of all the Empire's subjects, miniatures included.”

Briefly, Kyla gave her wife a look, one which clearly said that she was not helping.

Sienna only smiled back serenely, unconcerned with Kyla's ill temper.

“Most certainly.” Governor Baroun responded, his smile fading as Kyla's frosty blue eyes shifted to pin him.“I-I, I must also report that we endue many abductions, our people are simply disappearing.”

“Toys...” spat Kyla. “Even after all these centuries, and several laws, your people are still being sold on the black market as living toys.”

“Yes, Viceroy.”

“You have stated your position well Governor.” Having finished her breakfast, Kyla moved to sip on her second cup of coffee. “What is it your people wish of me then?”

“We expect the Empire to fulfill its promise to see to our safety.”

Her free hand balled into a fist and lightly impacted the table top.

The little fellow was jostled mightily.

She leaned closer, her beautiful, terrifying face filling the entirety of his view. “I do not want to hear platitudes, Governor, I want you to give me concrete steps I can take to aid your people!”

“New officers given the authority to prosecute cases involving my people.” he blurted out. “Officers who see it as their duty to help all citizens of the Empire, not just the Colossi.”

“You insinuate the police play favorites.”

“They do.” he replied firmly.

She watched him stand, inwardly impressed with his bravery when confronting a being as large as she was.

“I will assign officers of the special security division to...watch...the goings on at the various precincts, they will give me the names of any and all who fail in their duty to protect your people. I assure you they will be...dealt... with.”

“I thank you for that, Viceroy.”

“So, the matter is settled...” Kyla gestured, to the halfling nearest, intending to have the Governor carried back to his little craft so he could return to his little people.

“Pardon, Viceroy, but a show of support from you would do much to allay the fears of my people. Perhaps A visit?”

“A state visit.” Sienna added. “How, the miniatures would love to see their Viceroy before them in all her Imperial Regalia.”

“A most wonderful idea. Vicereine Sienna!” Baroun lauded before turning to face an unimpressed Kyla, “Your arrival would be a sight to behold! No sitting Viceroy has ever deemed our people worthy of a formal visit. You will give them much reassurance that you truly care for our well being.

Now Kyla found herself on the defensive. “I am afraid I'm may be a bit big to visit your people, I would hate to cause damage.”

“Haven't you done much to accommodate us Colossi, Governor?” Sienna asked sweetly

“Most certainly.” the little man preened. “Our streets have been widened, the concrete thick enough to support you Viceroy.”

“Splendid! Please create an itinerary and we shall both be pleased to visit.” Sienna replied sweetly.

Kyla decided it best to just remain silent, she had been out maneuvered, best not to open her mouth and admit it.

“I will do so, and send it to you post-haste.” Kyla watched him bow low to her, and after straightening up, he dipped his head to Sienna who returned the gesture graciously.

A curt beckoning by Kyla and a trusted Halfling whisked the tiny Governor away.

Kyla immediately buried her face in her hands. “I should have gone for a run.” she moaned.

Immediately, Sienna was at her side upon bended knee.

“It will be good, baby. You'll see. This one gesture from you will do far more to foster goodwill than any measures you take with the secret police.”

“I'll feel so damned oafish being in their little city. I...”

“You will look graceful, and noble.” Senna responded. “Our Empress will be proud to have you represent her.”

“Thank you,” Kyla said simply.

“For volunteering you for duties you hate?” Sienna teased.

“For making me do things that are necessary, though I do not wish to.”

Sienna stood taking her wife by the hands. “Come see something which will cheer you.”

“I could use it.”

Sienna rolled her eyes at her wife's droll response.

Chapter 2 by Gille

“You thought me seeing a bag of water would help my mood?” Said Kyla while peering at the tiny plastic bag held up by Sienna's thumb and forefinger.

“No, not just a bag of water, its what is in it that I want you to see.”

“I don't see anything.”

“Not yet, silly. Here...”

Sienna grabbed hold of the enhancer and held it in front of the bag. Looking though the glass plate of the machine, Kyla still squinted a bit, but could clearly see little...things... moving about in the water.

“What are they?”

Sienna dialed up the magnification and there, swimming along were...fish.

“Amazing,” Kyla whispered. “So very tiny...”

“But yet they survive,” Sienna explained, “mostly in out of the way places such as streams which, due to our size, appear to be little more than a trickle of water. What is more amazing is that within this little bag of water are species of fish which most Colossi have never seen, as they reduced in size long ago.”

Gently, Kyla took hold of the palm sized bag, desperately trying not to jostle its inhabitants too much. For a moment she held it away from the enhancer, unable to see anything before moving it back under the glass to see thousands upon thousands of fish.

“I've already stocked the speck's habitat with some.” Sienna announced proudly.

Kyla looked away from the enhancer and down at her wife. “You've added to their habitat then?”

“Yes, I would have waited until you had time to have a hand in it, but these fish are perishable, least that's what the shop owner said. He also said he has access to larger fish, something the fellow called sharks or whales,” Sienna waved a hand dismissively, “I can't remember which. Apparently they have been around since the time of the ancients. Good news is we might actually be able see them without using the enhancer.”

“Did you get some of these... bigger fish?”

“No, they are quite rare, he'd first have to order them.”

Kyla was surprised to find herself disappointed that Sienna wasn't able to purchase some of these exotic fish.

“Plus they are best suited to salt water,” Sienna continued. “We'd have to introduce an ocean to our habitat.” Kyla picked up on the tinge of hope showing in her wife's voice.

“Hmmm...” Kyla uttered noncommittally as the little packet filled with fish was gently pried from her fingers.

“But there's more.” Sienna held up what looked to be a just a little square bit of green resting in the palm of her hand.

Kyla squinted.

“The enhancer, love.” prodded Sienna.

Taking the machine Kyla looked though it and in the palm of Sienna's hand were...

“Red apple trees.”

Sure enough there in Sienna's palm was a grove of eight teeny apple trees, a variety of species Kyla had assumed long extinct. Her curiosity piqued, Kyla wished could taste one of the little red orbs, but they were far too tiny. Kyla smirked thinking that she probably wouldn't taste anything even if she popped the whole grove into her mouth.

She wouldn't taste anything and Sienna would be quite mad. So the grove was safe from being eaten whole.

“Now for the big reveal!” Sienna took the enhancer from Kyla's hand. “Close your eyes.” she commanded.

Kyla did as bid, allowing herself to be led, knowing Sienna was taking her to the den to show her the new and improved habitat.

“Take a look!”

Kyla opened her eyes and was stunned. Leaning over in, she saw a tiny river flowing gently down a nearly imperceptible slope to sparkling lakes. The distance from her perspective was small, but she figured it had to be several miles to the speck people.

“How long?” asked Kyla without turning her gaze from the terrarium.

“It took about three days to get the landscape contoured, quite a fiddly bit of work, it had to be done just right, or the water would flow too fast for the tiny people to handle. Then it was a matter of installing the river rock and a pump, which circulates filtered water from stream to lake and back to stream again. The shop owner said it works so gently that it will not damage the fish and we don't have to fear if curious specks manage to find the inlet.

“They won't get sucked into the system, that's good.” Kyla glanced over at Sienna, giving her wife a smirk.

“Hard to imagine it happening as the lake is several hundred feet deep at their scale, far too deep for them to explore.”
**
Kiltus looked up in terror!He wanted to run but, due to fear, his feet would not move. Behind him, Cypain dared not budge either.

One of the divine keepers was looking in on them. Her cold blue eyes flicking over their world. No doubt, doing just as the high priest had said, checking to see if they were being good stewards of the land.

Words failed to describe her immensity.

“She is beautiful beyond all imagining...” breathed Cypian.

Both men cried out in terror as a hand large enough to crush their whole world raised up, fingers, absently dragging though thick tresses of black hair.

Then suddenly, those terrifying blue eyes, located them...

The divine keeper graced them with a bit of a smile. Both men jumped up and down with joy. She was obviously giving them her blessing!
**
“Look at that,” she whispered with wonder. “I can just make out two of them by your new river, appears they are...” Kyla squinted trying to see them better. “Well, now they're just jumping about,” Her voice reflecting her puzzlement, “so odd these teeny things.”

“Oh don't scare them!” Sienna pulled, and Kyla allowed herself to be pulled away from the terrarium.

“I wasn't trying to scare them, I just curious to see what they were up to.” Kyla took a seat on the leather couch.

Sienna sat down and snugged up against her, Kyla happily placing one of her arm over her wife's shoulders.

“I've got one more thing to show you, and it is amazing!”

Sienna was so nervous, she nearly dropped the pad. “What I'm about to show you was quite pricey,” she prefaced, “but I feel it was well worth it.”

“I don't want to know what you've spent do I?”

“1.8 million credits.” Sienna responded.

“1.8 million.” Kyla articulated slowly, clearly irritated. Her frugal nature causing her to take great exception to the cost.

“We can more than afford it.” Sienna stated firm, while turning on the view screen, careful to select the right input.

“What... is... this?” Asked Kyla while leaning forward.

There on the screen were people, moving about, going about their business. They were dressed primitively, leather and fur clothing covering very little of their bodies. Around them crude huts, numerous cook fires burning.

“By the Gods!” Kyla sat stunned as understanding dawned.

“That's right, these are your people, Viceroy.” Sienna watched as Kyla's blue eyes flicked down to the terrarium on the table then back up to the view screen.

“How?” the question came out as barely a whisper from Kyla's dark lips.

“The newest of technology, minute camera's. They are stationary, we can only see bits of their lives, but now we can see them as they truly are.”

Kyla was so thunderstruck that her hands began to shake slightly, her mouth fell open. She watched as the specks... these... people took turns, slowly rotating a very crude wooden spit over a fire, on which were placed fish. She sat in wonder as the tiny people shared a laugh, clearly enjoying each other's company.

The veil caused by their incredible difference in size had just been lifted. What was once so diminutive as to be unworthy of her attentions suddenly became very real.

Looking at the screen, Kyla had to remind herself that...


The people she was observing were so small she had to squint just see them.

A whole group of them could stand on her finger nail.

Even the smallest breath from her would blow them and their little village into oblivion.

She had ended the lives of a dozen of them this morning simply by moving her foot.


“Honey?” Sienna's worried voice broke though her thoughts.

“Are you able to show the world outside their terrarium?”

“Oh, what we look like to them? Should the blue sky be removed?”

Kyla nodded mutely.

Sienna fiddled with the pad, and the world outside the box the specks inhabited came into view.

It was all so...

“I...” Kyla parsed her lips, thinking on how to give voice to the thoughts in her mind. “I always knew we were big, but seeing it from their perspective. Gods, we are...”

“Our scale compared to them is--” Sienna voice trailed off.

“Beyond huge.” Kyla finished.

“These larger fish, can we get them? Modify the habitat for them?” Kyla didn't look away from the view screen as she asked the question. What about increasing the size of the terrarium even further?

It took Sienna a moment, this was an abrupt turn in the conversation. Kyla had never shown much interest in the speck people.

“Well, yes, but it would cost-”

“As you say, we can afford it.”

Chapter 3 by Gille

She sat in a chair, within the kitchen.

This was a utilitarian work space, white tiles on the walls, a hexagonal tile pattern on the floor in the same color. Innumerable drawers and cabinets held every kind of utensil and pan needed by a great household.

Halflings were hard at work, readying the evening meal, not only for her and Sienna, but for the rest of the estate as well. Parts of the kitchen had been purpose built to accommodate the half-sized people, ridiculously low counters, smaller utensils. The vegetables they were diligently slicing looked out of place, being large in comparison to their surroundings. On the wall, Kyla could see the marks where the counter had once been. Over the generations it had been lowered, clear evidence that the Halflings were getting smaller.

Kyla’s eyes flicked upward momentarily taking note of the ceiling above. Here, it was just the opposite, marks indicating that it had been raised as generation after generation of Colossi had grown bigger.

In front of her, one of the few counters built to her scale, upon which hundreds of miniatures were hard at work. At the moment they were busily polishing silverware, gigantic pieces of flatware, as well as cups, and serving trays. Kyla looked on as a group worked to polish the tines of a fork larger than they were

Several of the miniatures were using ladders in order to climb and polish the coffee server used at this morning’s breakfast. With exactness, their little hands worked strips of cloth into every ornate flourish, ensuring every bit shined brilliantly.

In a way it made Kyla feel bad about using the silverware, seeing how hard the little ones had to work to polish it after every use. Then again, all have position and duties in this life. Her position was to rule, theirs to serve.

“Relax.” she ordered.

Her pronouncement caused hushed conversations to begin, replacing the stark silence which had fallen over the room the moment she entered.

Honestly, Kyla didn't know how she'd even ended in the kitchens; she’d just wandered in and pulled up a stool after a very long run meant to clear her mind.

Problem was, the run hadn't done anything to clear her mind.

Troublesome thoughts remained, brought on by what Sienna had shown her, a world contained within a box.

She knew, in theory at least, that the specks were people, but yet not people as she and Sienna were. Not people like the Halflings, or even the Miniatures. No... The specks were helpless, and worthless. Curiosities kept in terrariums solely for the amusement they provided their giant keepers. Dependent upon their keepers beneficence,

The only thing free specks did in Kyla's experience was to forage bits of food dropped from her elegant table, and generally be a nuisance. But today she had seen something in that terrarium, something that had induced doubt.

Idly, she watched as one adventurous little Miniature climbed a tall ladder. (Tall being a relative term, it was probably two hand lengths long.) The woman was intending to reach the closed lid of the coffee server, obviously to polish it.

Kyla knew what was going to happen next and sure enough the ladder tipped. With grace gained though athleticism, she deftly caught the little thing within her hand, smiling inwardly when the woman let out a surprised squeak at suddenly finding herself a giant hand.

The little woman scrambled to her feet, looking up at Kyla with comically wide eyes. In the next instant, she was kneeling.

“You don't kneel to me, just to the Empress.” Kyla instructed.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, Viceroy.”

“Kyla leaned in a bit, turning her head so one ear could be closer, fingers of her free hand moving up, sliding a bit of her dark hair behind her ear so she could better hear.

The woman, got the hint, “Yes, Viceroy.” she said with added volume.

Kyla attempted a smile; something Sienna constantly urged her to do more.

In return, the little woman in the palm of her hand responded by smiling beautifully.

To most, this woman could best be described as finger-sized, but Kyla was bigger than most, so the little one was even smaller by comparison.

“She's fine.”

At Kyla’s pronouncement, all within the room returned to work. Well, not everyone exactly, the Halflings had continued to work, not terribly concerned about the well-being of a Miniature.

Kyla shifted on the stool; the sudden move caused the woman in her palm to fall back on her butt.

She squeaked again in fear as fingers taller than she rose up round her protectively.

“Sorry...” Kyla murmured.

The Miniature was a pretty little thing dressed in the house livery. Kyla's coat of arms emblazoned across the powder blue tunic the woman wore. She was very fit, course most of the Miniatures were fit, life in a world so much bigger than you was demanding on the body.

“Who do you belong to girl?”

“You, Viceroy.” the woman answered guilelessly.

“I meant...” Kyla fell silent unable to argue otherwise.

It was true; technically, the little woman did belong to her. Once Sienna had found out, how many orphans lived among the Miniatures, she'd begged to have them hired on at the manor house.

Kyla had been highly amused at the suggestion, asking Sienna just how people smaller than one of her fingers could possibly contribute to a giant manor-house of 250 rooms.

As usual, Sienna had a plan. In the kitchens, the Miniatures not only polished the silverware, but cooked food for their people in tiny ovens. The same ovens were used to create miniature Hors d'oeuvres which Kyla fully admitted she had a weakness for. Her favorite was Obložené chlebíčky from the ancient Czech Republic. Finger sized open faced sandwiches which the Miniatures loaded with cured meats, of fish, even vegetables. Each one was a work of art, made to perfection by their tiny hands.

Kyla's other love was brisket, the recipe from the ancient American state of Texas. Each bite sized morsel had such smoky flavor that they were irresistible. So much so that Kyla ordered a herd of 1 million little cows brought to the estate. Sienna loved to watch the Miniatures wrangle them upon tiny horses, thinking it ever so cute.

In the halls and rooms the mini’s dusted baseboards, and cleaned out every little nook. If sent into a room to clean, they attacked the job like a military operation. It was quite a sight to see a thousand of them line abreast methodically waxing hardwood floors. The same with dusting tables and other fixtures, the little people rappelling down the sides of furniture to polish brass fittings.

In the green house, they did a wonderful job of pruning the roses used in the various flower arrangements around the estate. Each rose being felled as if a giant tree, and then placed into vases by means of ropes.

Because they were perfect for small spaces, those who were trained to do so sorted out the various electrical issues inherent in a 200 year old home. Most amazing, with just a bit of tiny equipment, these diminutive electricians, were slowly re-wiring parts of the estate.

All this caused, Kyla, Imperial Viceroy of Eurasia, to be adoptive parent to 10,000 miniatures, who were schooled, clothed, fed, and paid a small wage at her expense.

These people were free to leave, free to go on to the world outside when they wished.
Sienna had insisted upon that. She had also insisted that all wages paid should be placed in investments, so the little people had something of worth when they left the manor-house.

There had been problems...

The Halflings immediately took a dislike to having Miniatures working alongside them. Sienna didn't often show her temper, but when she unleashed it, they had fallen into line immediately.

Over time, relations between the two groups had improved, giving Kyla some hope that perhaps relations could get better between the two in the world outside the manor. The Halflings were the ones who needed better relations most as they were continuing to shrink, at some point in the future they may well need help from the Miniatures to survive.

Kyla was pulled out of thought, realizing the woman in her hand was looking up at her expectantly.

“Yes, well... she fumbled a bit, in turn, the little thing blinked cutely.

“How old are you?”

“I'm 21, Mistress,” the woman answered immediately, making sure to address Kyla properly.

“I see...” Kyla fell silent again, thinking this was a day of firsts. She had seen the specks enhanced to appear as if normal, now she was sitting in the kitchen actually conversing with a Miniature servant.

“Who is in charge here?”

“I am Mistress,” a dowdy old woman stepped forward and very close to the edge of the counter. Kyla fought the urge to lean forward and hold out her hand should the little one fall.

“I have need of servants to polish my Armor as well as Lady Sienna's”

“Yes Mistress.”

“I shall have it placed on the press in my wardrobe, please see to it that it is ready as soon as possible

The little woman was stunned at hearing the Viceroy actually utter the word please.

“As you wish, Mistress.”

Kyla stood, all work in the kitchens halting out of fearful respect. On the counter, many of the Miniatures took a few steps back as her shadow fell over them. Kyla, turned, meaning to depart.

“I am taking...” She didn’t know the Mini’s name. Sienna was so much better at this than she was.

“What is your name?”

“Amarice.”

“I am taking Amarice.” she said firm, not intending to explain further, nor did the little mini on the counter dare ask.

Walking up to the third floor, Kyla’s ears picked up on a tiny sniffle.

She paused at the closed door, to her sitting room.

“Why are you crying girl?”

“I'm so very sorry, I promise I won't fall off the ladder again, please don't punish me.”

Inwardly, Kyla groaned, she hadn't thought of what might be running though the woman’s mind.

“I'm not going to punish you, and I have said, you do not kneel to me, I am not royalty, only an appointed Viceroy.”

“You hold the power of life and death in your hands.”

The Mini shuddered as Kyla quirked one sculpted eyebrow up at the declaration.

The statement was correct. Kyla held absolute power over the region she controlled, answerable only to the Empress.

And she had ordered many executed.

“True,” she freely admitted, “but I use that power only on those who defy the will of Empress and Empire.” Kyla gave the woman in her palm a small lopsided smile. “Tell me, have you been disloyal?” she asked with a velvety smooth purr.

“No! I am most loyal!” There was such cuteness in the aggressive way the little thing pledged her allegiance. “I just fell off a ladder...” she added soft. Kyla didn't laugh at the remark as Sienna would, the stoicism in her ran too deep, but her smile did widen a bit.

“Then the matter is settled.” Kyla opened the door to the lavish room. “You have nothing to fear from me.”

While the words were comforting, Amarice was still confused as to why she had been brought here.

Walking into room, Kyla noted it was a bit dark. The former Viceroy had a love for dark woods such as the polished floor her tennis shoes were currently squeaking on as she walked. The floor to ceiling paneling, the green curtains… all was drab and rather depressing. Plus, the room was chilly. Summer had slipped into fall, the days were shorter and the nights colder.

Sitting down in one leather chair, Kyla picked up her pad, and issued a summons. Moments later Mynia appeared.

“Open the curtains, and light a fire.”

After a dip of her head, the Halfling set to the tasks assigned.

“Get my and Sienna's armor out of the wardrobe and put in on the press.”

“Yes, Mistress.”

Kyla kicked off her running shoes, not noticing the repeated flinch from Amarice as each of the humongous shoes impacted the floor.

Kyla sat, placing her feet upon the ottoman depositing the Miniature upon her knee.
Amarice was completely in awe. This was the first time the mini had ever been able to gaze unrestrained at the woman who ruled over them, and she was taking full advantage.

The Viceroy was daunting; a most fearful aura surrounded her. When she glided into a room all within doubled their efforts not wishing to be the one to draw her attention. Many stories among the servants told of her indomitable will, how she rose from obscurity, to lead troops in battle, and then to rule over billions.

What Amarice found most frightening about the Viceroy was that one never knew what she was thinking. Conversations with her were brief and to the point. The Mistress did not share her thoughts freely, save for her wife Sienna.

As she was dressed for exercise, tight black stretchy pants covered her impossibly long legs, showcasing every bit of the toned muscle beneath. She wore a tight top, with no sleeves. Amarice reflected that if her arms looked as toned as the Empress’ she’d certainly want to go sleeveless. Upon the left breast in gold thread, was the Viceroy’s coat of arms, the very same one Amarice wore. It made the mini feel quite proud to wear it, to be a part of this house-hold.

The top worn by the Viceroy was dark Imperial Red. Only those of high rank could wear the color.

Amarice jumped, the noise spooking her. Looking back, the sound had come from Mynia, who was hefting one log at a time into the fireplace. Enough wood in each to seemingly build hundreds of houses for her tiny people.

To one side, the open hand of the Viceroy fell like a wall. Amarice didn't jump at that, instead she oddly felt reassured by the gesture. She smiled up at her protector, who awkwardly smiled back.

For some moments, the mini looked on as the Halfling jostled the logs this way and that as she stacked them in the fireplace. Then, curiosity caused her to look elsewhere.

“Why do you stare at my feet?”

Amarice watched as the giant toes wiggled within plain white socks. They seemed very far away from her viewpoint.

“You have two of them.”

A surprised laugh came from high above.

“As far as I remember I've always had two, don't most people?”

“Well, yes, but many say you lost your foot, as well as part of your leg in battle.”

“A good rule,” Kyla instructed, “is to only believe 10% of what you hear, as you can clearly see, I did not lose anything.”

The mini shivered as the amused expression abruptly turned cold, very glad it was not directed at her.

“Out.”

“Yes, Mistress.” The Halfling bowed then quickly departed.

“Must I do everything, myself?” said Kyla once the Halfling had gone.

Amarice let out another adorable squeak as the gigantic hand closed round her.

“Apologies,” muttered Kyla as she placed the little woman upon the arm of the chair. Being sure to keep her hand near until the mini gained her footing. “I probably should have given you some warning. I, uh... I don't handle your people much.”

Before Amarice could reply, the Viceroy had stood, pacing over to the fireplace. It was to her unnerving, how a being so mammoth a being could move so quickly.

Experienced hands, rearranged the logs in order to get the fire to light correctly.

“Might I help?” The words said out of habit by Amarice who realized how dumb it sounded, what could one as small as she do to help?

“I think I’ll manage.” Kyla winked at the girl playfully causing Amarice’s initial embarrassment to turn to joy.

After successfully lighting a bit of kindling, Kyla moved to the chair and carefully sat so as not to spook the tiny woman.

“I can easily warm this room with the heating units, but I prefer a fire.”

“The burning wood has a wonderful smell to it.” Amarice said sweetly.

“That it does.” Kyla replied, thinking that the girl was just too cute as she moved to gingerly place Amarice upon her knee once more. It was heartening to see how relaxed the mini was when being picked up. It made Kyla feel a bit proud to know that she was earning the woman's trust.

Momentarily, Kyla’s thoughts turned to the conversation this morning with Governor Baruon, She had never given much thought about what life was like for the miniatures, it would be terrifying to be grabbed up, and then spirited off against your will.

The thought of little Amarice being taken spawned such a feeling of protectiveness within her that Kyla resolved to contact the head of the secret police later this evening, the abductions and killings of the Miniatures would be stopped.

Now to the reason she had brought the mini to her chambers.

“Tell me true Amarice, without fear of reprimand or repercussion. Do you like being a servant in this household?”

The woman beamed. “Oh yes!”
**

Walking down the gallery, Sienna softened her step, sliding right up next to Mynia mutely watching as the Halfling eavesdropped on the conversation.

Before Mynia could speak a word, a giant hand clasped over her mouth. One look back at lady Sienna’s expression and Mynia knew she was in trouble.

Sienna touched a finger to her lips silently ordering the Halfling not to make a sound, that same finger then moved to point. Mynia quickly departed.

With a coy little smile upon her lips, Sienna peeked in thought the door, watching and listening as the unbelievable occurred, her wife conversing with a Mini.

**
“What do you like about it?” pressed Kyla.

“Well, for one, I get to go to school every morning before my chores, I’m learning design.”

“Design?” Kyla, was taken aback, her voice reflecting it. She had this idea the school just teaching the basics of reading, writing, and mathematics.

How very like Sienna to create something far greater than expected.

“Yes, I wish to be a designer of homes and buildings.”

“An architect then?”

“Yes.” Replied Amarice wondering why Colossi always used such high faluting words to describe the very simple. “My real love is art, I… I like to paint.” She said shyly, but artists struggle so I thought it best to learn a viable trade.”

“I see. Have you, ah, painted much?”

“Yes!” the mini said excitedly “I started with landscapes, but worked hard to learn more and now paint portraits. I…I have painted your likeness Viceroy.”

“Have you now?”

“Yes.” The Mini answered blushingly.

“I should like to see it sometime Amarice.”

“I’d be honored Viceroy!” Kyla had to smile as the girl hopped with joy.

“So what else do you like?”

“Lady Sienna.” The woman said immediately. “She makes sure we are treated well by all and have food, warm clothing, and the softest of beds. She talks to us, sees we are cared for when sick, and always smiles at us in passing.”

Kyla was left pondering the reasons why she knew so little about the people who served her daily. Was she using her size as an excuse for aloofness? Sure she was the biggest of the big as Sienna liked to say, but she had been remiss in learning about the staff. There was no excuse; she knew every echelon of leadership within the Imperial government, and every dissident. She should know about her own household.

“How was your run?”

Kyla watched as a look of sheer adoration came upon Amarice’s face as the Mini saw her wife enter the room.

Sienna feigned surprise, “And what do we have here? She asked with a smile.

“We were just having a bit of a talk.” said Kyla as Sienna’s arms draped down over her shoulders from behind.

As her tall lover was sitting, Sienna moved to give her a kiss. It was a chaste kiss on the cheek, Sienna knowing well that Kyla was extremely uncomfortable with displays of affection in front of the servants.

“Wonderful, and how are you today Amarice?” asked Sienna

Of course Sienna would know the Mini’s name… thought a sheepish Kyla.

“Would you mind, if I borrowed the Viceroy a moment?” asked Sienna playfully.

Immediately Amarice moved, intending to work her way down the chair and depart, before Lady Sienna’s beautiful face filled her view, halting her progress. “Amarice, how about you allow the Viceroy to be your taxi?”

“C’mon then.” Kyla lowered a hand into which the mini plopped herself. As the Viceroy stood little Amarice got an elevator ride of sorts, reflecting that she may never get used to just how big the Colossi were. She peeped over one giant finger. It was a very long way down.

“My love....” Sienna’s voice halted Kyla at the door. “…and you Amarice.” Sienna added as she slipped her arms round Kyla’s waist.

“There is no delicate way to put this so I will be blunt.” Sienna prefaced, “When you return Amarice you must chastise her for some failing in front of the other servants.”

“The girl has done nothing wrong.”

“I know that, love. But to spend your time solely with one of your many servants, causes a certain degree of… jealousy amongst the others.”

Kyla understood the politics of the situation; jealousy is a very human trait no matter your size. With a nod, and a wink down at Amarice, Kyla stepped forward and out the doorway.

“And when you return, you need to clean up for dinner,” called Sienna from within the room.
Amarice stifled a giggle when the Viceroy rolled her eyes.

“Now, where shall I take you?” Kyla asked the little woman seated in her hand.

Amarice was so enamored with viewing the surroundings from a different perspective that the question posed by the Viceroy jolted her a bit.

“The kitchen, if you please great Viceroy.”

Kyla didn’t feel great, actually she felt embarrassed that for so long she’d not been paying attention to happenings in her own house-hold. Here she was, the one in charge, and she didn’t even know the people she was in charge of. She didn’t know where either the Mini’s or Halflings went to school on the estate, didn’t know what they were studying. As a matter of fact, she didn’t know where the servant quarters exactly were on the estate.

“Viceroy?”

Sienna pushed self-recriminating thoughts aside.

“Yes, Amarice?”

“Would… would you possibly mind if…”

Amarice momentarily lost her nerve; she was stupid to have broached the subject.

“Ask it girl.” Ordered Kyla.

“Would you allow for me to go on a run with you?”

The question was so very odd; Kyla halted outside the door to the kitchen to gaze down at the girl.

Amarice watched a lopsided smile appear on the lips of her Viceroy.

“I don’t think you would be able to keep up with me.”

Amarice blush was of such a color that even Kyla could see it.

“No…no, I meant maybe I would ride in your, um, pocket or… something.” She pointed and Kyla’s eyes followed to her breast pocket.

“Why would you want to do that?”

The mini fell silent for a moment.

“I, I just wanted to know what it feels like to fly.” She said so softly that Kyla barely heard it.

Gods, this Mini was adorable.

“Very well, I shall come for you tomorrow morning.” Placing her free hand upon the door, Kyla paused a moment to speak with Amarice conspiratorially.

“Now, when we go in…” Blue eyes flicked up momentarily toward the kitchens, then back down to Amarice. “…look as if you are properly scared of me.”

“Yes, Viceroy,” Amarice figured that would not be a tough assignment.

Kyla schooled her features into her typical sternness before pushing the door open.
As before all the servant’s in the kitchen immediately halted their work.

“Let that be a lesson to you girl.” Kyla moved to the counter, setting her hand down, she tilted it dumping the mini out. “I want no further displays of ineptitude when preforming your duties.”

“Yes Viceroy, my apologies Viceroy.” A shaking Amarice said in a rushed flow of verbiage.

With a turn and a flick of a hand, Kyla ordered those within to resume their work as she departed.

**
“You and your penchant for having cookies before bed,” Kyla put her hands on hips, looking down at Sienna as lay in their enormous bed.

“A little something sweet, before bed makes for a good night’s rest,” Sienna replied.

“And puts crumbs into the bed,” added Kyla, watching as Sienna placed her empty milk glass beside the dainty little plate on the nightstand.

“I am most careful.” Sienna moved to put her data pad beside the plate. “You know, it wouldn’t hurt you to have a little something sweet every now and then.”

“Perhaps I would like something sweet before bed.” Kyla wiggled her brows while smiling deviously.

“Oh, I shall have the servants being you up some cookies and milk then.” Sienna began to slowly reach for her data pad.

“Not the type of sweet I had in mind,” Purred Kyla while lowering herself to the bed.

Predatorily she began to crawl on all fours toward Sienna.

As their lips touched, Sienna curled up close to her wife. At 9’10” Kyla was enormous, when standing side by side, her head was just barely above Kyla’s waist and she stood 6’5”.

“Your lips taste like cookies.” huffed Kyla as she pulled away.

“Imagine that, I was just eating cookies.” Sienna snugged up even closer to her larger lover. She herself was not small, but she felt small around Kyla.

As their lips met again, Kyla’s tongue brushed her lips, Sienna gladly granting access. Their tongues dueled and Sienna felt hands tugging at her cotton top. Breaking the kiss she make quick work of pulling her top, off then kicked her bottoms off.

“Don’t know why you havta wear bedclothes,” grumped an impatient Kyla.

“We don’t all radiate heat like you baby, now be quiet, or no sweets for you tonight.” Sienna admonished playfully.

“Being quiet…” Kyla replied before taking one of Sienna’s nipples into her mouth.

The intensity of feeling as her lovers tongue teased her was incredible. Sienna was so steeped in pleasure, she never realized Kyla was reaching over to the nightstand intending to grab the phallus within.

The erotic toy was far larger than what the rather puny Colossi men sported.

**

“Hurry!” Nieto waved his hand in a curt gesture. The others followed their leader albeit warily. Their eyes on the two goddesses making love on the continent sized bed.

Taking the grappling hook in hand, Nieto let out a bit of rope, then worked up some momentum by twirling it round in a wide circle. The actual grappling hook was little more than a minute bit of metal, the rope a piece of fine thread.

“This is not wise!” Alaric counseled. “They may see us!”

“I doubt that.” Replied Nieto as a low languid moan from one of the women rolled over them.

Releasing the hook, all the specks watched as it flew upward to gain purchase on the lip of the massive plate.

“C’mon!” Nieto began to climb up the rope, almost tasting the delicious morsels he knew were within. The giants were on such a scale that even a crumb was difficult for him to lift, let alone eat. Just two or three bits from the giant cookies the woman had been eating would feed his tribe for at least three cycles.

**
Sienna moaned blissfully as Kyla’s fingers found the swollen nub of her clitois.

“Baby, now!” Sienna ordered. “Now!”

“You usually like it nice and slow.” Kyla replied in a sultry tone, her breath washing over

Sienna's left ear. It was so sexy that Sienna nearly climaxed.

“In me!” she huffed, “Now!”

Pressing her lips upon Sienna's. Kyla reached further, meaning to take the phallus from within the first drawer of the nightstand.

**
Nieto screamed as giant fingers, brushed against the plate, the shockwave traveled down the thread rope and all watched as their chieftain was catapulted clear off the nightstand and over the edge into the abyss.

Now Alaric was in charge.

“We jump!” he commanded as the giant fingers moved ever closer.

All 40 in the hunting party, ran to the top edge of the nightstand and jumped, free falling in to the canyon like drawer.

**
With a growl of annoyance, Kyla broke the kiss leaning over to open the top drawer of the nightstand. Sienna giggled, taking the opportunity to plant a few kisses strategically on her lover’s neck.

**
Barely had they managed to land, when the ground shook.

“They've seen us!” yelled one of their number.

“To the safety of the cave!” ordered Alaric while pointing.

All ran for their lives directly in to the yawing mouth of the dark cave.
In the next moment the members of the hunting party were separated, flung in all directions as the cave shook with tremendous force.

**

“Finally!” groused Kyla. Her exasperated tone causing Sienna to giggle once more.

“Use the harness lover,” suggested Sienna, “You know, the one that pleases you as well as me.

“Oh you do like to live dangerously.” Kyla winked.

“I can handle you, yah big lummox!” Sienna teased.

“We'll see.” intoned Kyla while running one finger seductively down Sienna's cheek.

Inwardly, Sienna gasped, seeing that Kyla had chosen a larger phallus for her. Still she displayed nothing but confidence in the face of Kyla's provocation, knowing her lover was doing it to get a rise out of her. She certainly would have said something had Kyla chosen the phallus she preferred, it being way to big for her. Then again, her wife was enormous.

Reluctantly pulling away from Sienna, Kyla fumbled around a bit, smiling when her fingers felt leather.

“Easy baby...” cooed Sienna as she watched Kyla rush to put the harness on. “I'm not going anywhere.”

With a very satisfying click, Kyla slid the big phallus into its holder.

Scooting over to Sienna, Kyla guided her lover’s legs gently, Sienna resting the heels of her feet upon her wife's broad shoulders.

“Gentle...” breathed Sienna. A bit of fear showing in her tone as Kyla teased her labia with the tip of the phallus.

“Always.” replied Kyla while slowly pushing within her wife.

**
A body flew by Alaric as he held on. The walls of the cave were flexing and contorting, the non-stop motion sickening. Within, screams of terror were heard from every corner.
The heat within the cave was rising rapidly, condensation on the walls made gaining a handhold difficult. As the motion went forward again, Alaric lost his grip, joining those flying though the stiflingly humid air.

**

“Gonna! I'm Gonna!”

“You'll cum when I say!” barked Kyla.

“Oh! Fuck No!” Cried Sienna as she climaxed.

“You never do what I say.” growled Kyla.

**
The intensity of the screams rose to fever pitch as the very walls of the cave undulated and yawed, the sounds of which drove many within to the edge of despair. Alaric knew, should he survive this ordeal, that his body would be blackened with large swathes of bruising.

“Try to hang on!” he yelled out to no one in particular. For an instant he wondered if his words were meant for those in the hunting party or for himself. No time to reflect, as the motion picked up in intensity and he was flung into space again.

**
“Yes, lover...” Sienna rasped encouragingly as Kyla thrust harder, knowing the harness her wife wore was going to bring her to climax.

This was the moment, Sienna knew she'd need to hang on as best she could. Her lover was near orgasm, her muscles standing out in toned relief. Kyla was so big and so very strong.

Kyla knew this, and consciously worked to be gentle, and very poised, to always keep herself under control. Even in the most heated of arguments, Kyla never allowed herself to lash out in anger.

In the throes of orgasm there could be no holding back. Kyla's incredible strength was on full display. Her wife often liked to say she was as strong as 30 Colossi men, Sienna thought the number was much higher.

Kyla's hands balled into fists on either side of her head, the sheets within her grasp squeaking under the pressure. Sienna gasped her wife's arms in a bid to hold on, knowing what was approaching.

With a roar filled with lusty triumph, Kyla climaxed, her whole body tingling with pleasure.

**
And then... a tense silence reigned within the cave all wondering if the torment had ended.
After a few moments, sobs replaced the silence. Some crying in terror, others crying, grateful they had survived.

“If you can hear my voice, come to me!” Alaric yelled out into the darkness. “Come towards me!”

Screams as the cave was jostled again, then weightlessness until a horrendous crash.

**

Sienna laughed as her lover impatiently unhooked the phallus and tossed it, doing the same with the leather harness she had stripped off.

As Kyla collapsed against her, Sienna snugged up as close as possible, listening as Kyla's breathing slowed.

“Love you...” Sienna whispered, lips touching Kyla's breast in a soft kiss.

“Love you.” Kyla rumbled, her tone fiercely protective.

It was so wonderful being cocooned within Kyla's arms. The feeling of total safety was something Sienna wished everyone could have in this life.

**

The survivors stumbled out, glad to be on the firm surface of the floor. Alaric called out again, attempting to gather survivors together for a head count.

Before he could, the evil creature was upon them.

“Scatter!” he screamed as the spider loomed over them.

Chapter 4 by Gille

Alaric, Chieftain of the Raven Goddess Clan, opened his eyes.

His vision was blurred, the result of a hard knock on the head. He tried to move, a sharp pain lanced though one arm.

“Whati…” he rasped in his people’s tongue. “Broken…”

He decided it best to lie still for a few moments more in hopes his vision would clear.
**
Sienna woke.

Sliding one leg over, she poked one foot out of the covers, testing the warmth in the room. With a scowl she tucked her foot under the blankets again. Kyla and her miserly ways! At night she turned down the heating units, though they could well afford to keep the mansion warm.

To every bad there is a good, Sienna smiled, recalling what her mother used to say. “The bad, the room was terribly cold. The good, she was quite warm in Kyla’s arms.

Her wife was snoring noisily, “Louder than ten little men…” Sienna muttered irritably. Still, she reflected, a few more minutes of dozing in warmth was hard to resist.

Sienna happily closed her eyes and sighed in contentment.

**
His vision clearing momentarily, Alaric looked over his arm, seeing no bone protruding anywhere, a good omen; perhaps he might yet survive this ordeal and make it back to his village. Attempting to stand, he made it to his knees before needing to stop when his vision became fuzzy again.

Keeping his arm immobilized as best he could, he blinked repeatedly trying desperately to clear his vision. Panic having taken hold. Something big was moving toward him.

As the fog over his vision lifted, he cried out at seeing the beast. The Spider was wounded spears lodged in its sides. Even so, it was slowly dragging its bulk toward him, instinctively wanting to feed.

**

“Damnit Kyla!” Sienna raised a hand and bopped her wife on the arm.

“Wha--?” A sleep addled Kyla woke to find herself being pushed away by Sienna.

“What’s the matter?” she asked confused.

“You passed gas!” Sienna barked in accusation.

Kyla scrunched her nose. It was fowl.

“You and those disgusting protein shakes.” Sienna grumped while continuing to slide across the bed.

“Sorry…” said Kyla while grabbing the covers, ruffling them to clear the air in hopes her wife would come back.

Too late, Sienna was already sliding out of bed, her legs over the edge. Upon gazing downward where her sleep clothes were piled, she shrieked and quickly hauled her legs back up onto the bed.

“Kill it…kill it…kill it!”

“Kill what?”

“The spider!”

Throwing off the covers, Kyla stood then walked round the bed. “You do know you’re some million billion times its size, right?”

“Don’t care, kill it.” Sienna ordered. “And there is no such thing as million billion.”

With a smirk, Kyla picked up a shoe, intending to use it to squish the spider. Just before she slammed it down, something she saw halted her.

It was crawling toward…

“Hand me that milk glass.”

“What?”

“Milk glass,” Kyla gestured impatiently.

“Don’t let it live!” Sienna implored.

Crouching down, Kyla moved to get a better look at what had interested the little creepy crawly.

“Baby if you dare bring that spider near me, I’m gonna be so mad at you!” Sienna warned.

“I won’t.” Kyla reassured

“Yes, you would.” Sienna scooted back further on the bed.

Kyla squinted just to see the tiny thing.

**
He felt the ground shake gently, the result of the giant goddesses shifting in bed. Alaric’s ears rang due to their booming voices. He didn’t understand their words but they sounded urgent.

Then, the unmistakable earth shaking caused by footfalls knocked him off balance, bouncing him on the ground as they came closer. Alaric cried out in pain as his broken arm slammed against the floor.

The spider slowed its progress, the beastie feeling the shock waves as well.

A curtain of glass descended, imprisoning the predator.

Looking up, he beheld the Raven Goddess.

She had saved him.

**

“It was after a speck.” Kyla pronounced.

“Oh!” Sienna leaned forward, intent on putting her feet upon the floor.

“Wait! Kyla ordered, “You slam your feet down and you many just blow him away. Miracle that I didn’t do so while walking near him.”

Sienna instantly froze, not wishing to inflict harm on the speck. “You saved him from being killed by that horrible thing.” She said, referencing the spider currently attempting to climb the smooth walls of its circular glass prison. Her voice dropped to a whisper she thinking it would help calm the speck.

Kyla looked over at her wife all curled up on the bed, and couldn’t help but smirk.

“Dismiss it all you want, Sienna countered. “But you did save him from a horrible death.”
“Maybe so,” Kyla admitted. “He’s still in danger, so dammed tiny, hell, I may crush him by accident. Or exhale a little too forcefully and blow him away.”

“Oh, be careful!” Sienna felt for the little thing, so much so that her eyes welled with tears.

Ever so slowly Kyla lowered her hand palm upward. Carefully she extended a solitary finger, gently resting a fingernail on the hardwood floor.

**
Alaric watched as the massive Goddess crouched, unable to move his gaze away from those soul penetrating blue eyes.

With a loud thud and a vibration felt though his whole being, her finger landed right before him.

He didn’t know what to do.

**

“C’mon speck,” Kyla growled soft. “Climb on if you know what’s good for you.”

“He’s probably scared. We are so big to him, be like a mountain moving to us.”

“Scared or no, he has a choice. Stay where he is and die or clamber up onto my fingernail and have a chance to live.”

**
Well… thought Alaric. I’ve had a good life.

Slowly getting his feet under him, he then walked towards the enormous finger, with a step, he clamored onto the inside edge of the raven goddess’ fingernail.

**
“Good.” Kyla said encouragingly, impressed by the minute man’s bravery.

“Now hold on.” She warned while gradually lifting her finger.

**
The ride upward was unending. Alaric felt as if he may well throw up. The height was dizzying and the winds fearful, but suddenly he was before a gigantic eye, the azure eye of the Raven Goddess.

He knelt.

**

“Why does everyone feel it necessary to kneel?” Kyla grumped while observing the teeny thing.

“You have that effect on people big and small.” Sienna carefully got out of bed, mindful of the glass containing the spider upon the floor. “Besides, you like it and you know it.”

“He’s holding one arm,” Kyla frowned. “Perhaps it would have been better if I’d allowed the spider to get him.”

“No!” Sienna replied sternly. “Life it precious, be it his or ours!”

Kyla dipped her head slightly to her wife, knowing better than to argue the point. Better to leave be, but she just couldn’t resist. “Spiders excluded of course.”

The look Sienna gave her was withering.

“Well…” Kyla muttered while fidgeting a bit under Sienna's steely glare. “What do you want to do with him? I mean he can’t just kneel on my finger nail all day.”

“Here.” Sienna moved a bit closer. “Put him on my finger and I’ll place him in the world we’ve created for them.

“Don’t you think putting clothes on first might be a good idea?” Kyla pursed her lips to keep from smiling in amusement.

Sienna turned to dress quickly, all the while muttering darkly under her breath.

“Careful…careful…” Kyla warned as Sienna walked toward her. Immediately, her wife slowed her pace, reaching out slowly, she placed the pad of one finger underneath Kyla’s nail.

**

Alaric looked down at the tip of the mammoth finger with all its swirling ridges, then up into the green eyes of the Goddess. He didn’t know if he could trust her.

The last few cycles, the Raven Goddess clan and The Big Spirit tribe had been warring over which of the two goddess was supreme. Due to the blessings bestowed by the Raven Goddess, his people had prevailed, killing many of the Big Spirit tribe and winning control of a vast plain brimming with hundreds upon hundreds of delicious morsels.

Offerings to the Raven Goddess had saved his people from defeat, and saved him from the beast.

Surely she would now watch over him?

**
“Oh!” Sienna gasped as Kyla wiggled her finger and the little fella tumbled off to fall onto the pad of her digit.

“Be careful!”

“Being careful,” Kyla responded, “He just needed a little prodding.” she turned, walking to the wardrobe, intending to don running clothes.

“Don't forget to get rid of that spider.” Sienna called out as she left the room.

**
Alaric fell to his knees as he watched her walk away. “Great Goddess what have I done to offend you!” he wailed. “Please return! Continue to bestow your blessings on our clan!”
It was too late, she had spurned him for his display of weakness in not defeating the Spider.

**
“Amarice, be sure to pick up every crumb we do not wish to have specks infesting the kitchens.

“Yes, Ma’am” The mini replied without daring to look at the Head Housekeeper.

Giedia, was a most stern woman, whose ancestors hailed from Germania. As such she demanded great exactness in cleaning. For many years the old woman had lived and worked in the Manor, knowing every part of the great household and every Mini under her charge.

The trembles let all know a Colossi was approaching. Each of the larger peoples, the Halflings and the Colossi had a distinct vibration to their footfalls. The Halflings lighter in step, the Colossi heavier.

Amarice fervently hoped that the Colossi approaching was the Viceroy as first, she was excited to go on a run, so much so she'd barely slept over the past cycle. Secondly, because Giedia had been personally supervising her cleaning these last four hours, punishment for displeasing the Mistress of the house-hold.

Amarice wished she could tell Giedia that the Viceroy was not upset with her at all, but it was better to keep up appearances.

Within the kitchen, every Mini was on the move, running to line up against the wall, a protective measure instituted by Lady Sienna to ensure they did not end up under a large foot.

“By all the gods…” whispered Amarice as the Viceroy entered the space.

“One never does get used to their scale, especially from this angle.” Giedia observed.
Beyond massive tennis shoes rose toned legs clothed in tight black running pants. Along the outside edge of the pants, a thin gold stripe, district flourishes of military insignia upon it indicated the exalted rank of the Viceroy. Above that a seemingly miles long expanse of toned skin, showcasing muscular abs. With each breath, those abs undulated slightly, the lines becoming district then relaxing a bit. The Viceroy chose to wear a sports bra of imperial red.

“Might I be of help Viceroy?” Asked Giedia while stepping forward sure to project her voice so that the Mistress might better hear. The Mini took a deep breath and swallowed hard as those blue eyes shifted towards her.

Hands moved to rest upon hips.

“Amarice.” As usual, the Viceroy was succinct.

“What did you do now girl?” asked Giedia soft as Amarice emerged from under the kitchen cabinet to stand beside her.

“Nothing that I know of.”

Both stepped back as a hand was lowered, palm up.

Amarice climbed in. The hand rose, and all watched in fearful silence as the Viceroy departed.

**
“Okay… cooed Sienna down to the bitty man. “In you go.”

Alaric understood nothing of what the goddess was saying, but her tone was most gentle so perhaps all would be fine. In front of him a massive door suddenly opened, and he was sucked through it by a sudden violent burst of wind.

“Good luck little fella,” Sienna said cheerily as he vanished into the terrarium.

Rising up she walked from the den and into the nearby craft room.

“Get me Mynia.”

At her order, a halfling servant departed at a run.

Sienna sat at the long table, taking the sculpting tool in hand, she used the laser to begin contouring hills for this particular addition to the terrarium. She decided create long gently sloping valleys in which she could place the tiny apple trees.

**
Idiot! Thought Kyla as she listened to the Governor of India make his weekly report. Just kill these protesters and be done with it, jailing them at state expense serves no purpose.
This was her normal routine, while running she would listen to various transcribed reports, sending voice replies as needed. The work of running the Vice-royalty never ended, even on a weekend.

Kyla decided she would wait and speak to him when she met with all the Governors late this week. A long standing order, all governors required to appear before her. A check to let them know she was always watching their every move. With the help of the grand inquisitor and his army of secret police Kyla knew much about her Governors. When tax money was being misappropriated, the various affairs they indulged in, and every other dark deed they believed hidden from her.

“Baroun.”

At the command, the Mini's voice filled her ears. By his tone, she could tell he was most excited about her visit to his people. The Itinerary he rattled off cased Kyla to sigh inwardly, but it was best to get this visit over with. If you have something which must be done, do it as soon as possible.

“Tuesday.” Her one word reply to the Mini was duly sent. She would arrive in his city then.
She was about to issue a voice command to open yet another report when her ear's picked up on a squeal.

Immediately she slowed her pace.

Glancing down Kyla looked over the mini in her left breast pocket. “You okay girl?” She asked with concern.

“Faster! Faster!” Amarice urged adorably.

With a smile Kyla acceded to the request.

Amarice squealed again in delight.

The pocket the mini was in was meant for a small audio player, but it served well as a place to hold Amarice. She was securely tucked in as the pocket was almost completely zipped up.

Only the Miniature's head was exposed.

In the entirety of her life, Amarice had never experienced something so awe-inspiring!
Around her the world flew by, giant trees and other foliage a blur as it rushed past. Her whole body was jolted with every step her Viceroy took on the dirt path. She could also feel the strong thrum of every heartbeat and every breath taken by her ruler. Occasionally, the Viceroy would take a small (for her) leap and Amarice felt the amazing sensation of being weightless.

“Hold on.” Ordered Kyla as the obstacle course came into view.

A Wide-eyed Amarice held on with all she was worth.

Kyla lept upward, the mini in her pocket squealing in joy.

Fearless... thought Kyla while gapping one metal bar after another her body swinging in the air. She liked this mini, the girl was brave. Most of her size would be scared in this situation. Certainly Governor Baruon, he'd be wetting himself. Not so with little Amarice, she was clearly enjoying every moment.

Reaching the end of the bars, Kyla soldiered on running flat out, before leaping again to grasp the pull up bar. Raising her legs horizontal she proceeded to do her standard reps, each time she pulled her chin above the bar, the Mini cried out in delight.

Next up, running though dilapidated old tires.

**

“How long have you worked here Mynia?” Sienna did not look up at the Half-sized woman, instead being focused on carving out a valley.

“I have been in this house-hold 14 years Mistress.”

“I see.”

Sienna set the laser cutter down, puckering her lips a bit she gently blew upon the surface to remove excess dirt.

“And in all that time, you failed to learn that private conversations are just that, private.”

“I apologize for my actions Mistress.” Mynia resisted the urge to fidget a bit when Sienna looked over at her.

“Apology accepted Mynia, provided you do not do such again.”

“Never again Mistress.”

Sienna picked up another tool, the one with the tiny auger on one end. While looking though the enhancer, she began to drill little holes in the landscape. Places where she would put her new apple orchard.

“Will that be all Mistress?”

“No.” replied Sienna as she dotted the gentle slopes she'd created with holes for her teeny trees. I took a very steady hand to do so, but she was patient knowing the reward would be a beautiful landscape which her specks would enjoy.

“Tell me Mynia, of the order given to you by the Viceroy yesterday morning.”

“Order?” asked the Halfling.

“Don't play dumb Mynia, it doesn't suit you. Before you speak again, remember I have ears everywhere in this house-hold.”

“She ordered me to have the house sprayed, to kill the infestation of specks.”

“That will be all, Mynia.”

Sienna focused on her landscape work all the more, it helping her control the anger brewing inside.

**

“Again!”

Kyla smiled down at the Mini in her pocket.

“I think...” she huffed trying to catch her breath. “That is it for now.”

Even though she was in a pocket, the wind created by the movements of the Viceroy had made Amarice terribly cold. Crossing her arms over her chest, she shivered mightily.

In the next instant she was plucked from the pocket by giant fingers then pressed against smooth skin.

“Better?” asked Kyla with a bit of a smile as she looked down at the miniature she had pressed against the upper curve of her chest. The little thing peeked out from under her hand.

“So warm! Oh thank you!” she said cutely.

In the long silence which followed, Amarice very nearly dozed off. The Viceroy's skin was so very soft, and her strong heartbeat so comforting.

“Amarice?”

“Yes Viceroy?”

“Tell me, where do you live?” Kyla was embarrassed to have to ask the question.

“We live in the garden of course. Oh! You've never been there!” Amarice held on as the Viceroy chuckled soft.

“No, I haven't Amarice, will you point the direction in which I need to go?”

“Of course! Everyone will be so excited to see you!”

**
“Last one.” muttered Sienna. Biting her lip, she concentrated on the task of fitting the last tree in place. With tweezers she popped the last of the 300 bitty trees in place. They looked very natural as if they had always been in this valley she had created.

She hoped her people would enjoy the shade they provided and the fruit they would bear for them. Next she picked up the spreader, between finger and thumb. Sowing grass seed over the bare hillsides. The seed was far too tiny to see, plus the machine was all sealed up but she'd done this before with good results.

It was odd, the feeling she got when working on the habitat. In these moments, she felt as if a god, creating a world. True she was creating a world, but she was no god, just a human like those in the terrarium, only far larger.

These specks were people, Sienna had long accepted that even if Kyla had not. Still her wife was slowly coming round. Seeing the specks enlarged in size had clearly rattled her.

Even seeing the specks enlarged, Kyla had ordered an exterminator. “Two steps forward and one back.” Sienna sighed.

They would need to have a talk.

Finishing spreading seed, she placed the patch of earth under the watering mechanism. A fine mist began, watering new grass and trees.

Her stomach grumbled. Planting teeny fruit trees had made her hungry.

Standing, Sienna donned her red silk housecoat while placing feet into slippers.

Off she went, intent on finding her wife.

**

Kyla was speechless. Here in the midst of her formal garden was a town she never knew existed, filled with the people who served her every day. Streets, houses, and various buildings, all very tidy and all Mini sized.

“How long has this been here?” Kyla muttered her thoughts aloud.

“Many a year Viceroy.” Amarice answered adorably from within her hand.

Kyla took another step forward, feeling quite oafish, knowing that she absolutely towered over the little town. The Miniatures were filling the streets at her approach waving up at her cheerfully.

Raising a hand Kyla waved back rather sheepishly. Gods on high! If this was what a Mini town looked like she was going to be in real trouble when visiting Governor Baruon.

“Pardon Viceroy, but you may want to halt.”

Kyla stopped immediately. “Oh, I should know better, I'm probably rattling everyone with every step.”

“Not at all Viceroy, underneath the streets are dampeners, you are not jostling anything. The reason why is you are about to hit the force field protecting the town.

“Of course.... yes, of course.” uttered Kyla. All Mini settlements had a force field, protection against all manner of creatures bigger than them.

“You have all you need here Amarice?”

“Very much so, great Viceroy. Once long ago we were housed within the mansion. Lady Sienna had this constructed for us so we could enjoy living in our own town with fresh air and sunshine.

Kyla's natural protectiveness appeared “Aren't you cold out here, it...” she didn't know how to finish the thought.

“Oh no, we have heating in winter, some of our homes even have fireplaces. The...logs...are just little bits to you great Viceroy, but to us they are perfect. In the summer we have cooling units, just like in your great estate.

“And...water.”

“We have plumbing.”

“Food?”

“We have food aplenty”

“You walk all the way into the house every day?”

“We have a tunnel that-”

“There you are!”

Both Kyla and Amarice looked to see Sienna approaching.

“And how are you this day Amarice?”

“It has been the best day ever Lady Sienna!” the Mini replied excitedly. “The Viceroy took me along with her for a run!”

“Did she now?” Sienna looked up to meet Kyla's eyes, smiling when her wife blushed slightly.

“Yes! She runs so very fast! And! We went through an obstacle course with a maze of things that the Viceroy climbed on. I saw tires! Great round things. They have a hole in the middle that the Viceroy placed feet into, but just for a moment as she was running!”

“I know what you speak of Amarice.” Sienna leaned in a bit. “Sometimes our Viceroy makes me run the course when she thinks I need to work off the cookies I eat.”

Amarice giggled.

“Speaking of eating, breakfast is getting cold.” Sienna added.

Kyla immediately bent at the waist, to deliver a kiss on Sienna’s cheek. “I apologize, I am behind my time.”

“Shall we leave you here Amarice? Or would you prefer the Viceroy take you back to the manor-house?”

Amarice recalled the work Giedia had planned.

“Here would be wonderful Lady Sienna.”

“Very well, then.” Kyla began to lower the Mini to the ground.

“Thank you ever so much for taking me on a run!”

“You are quite welcome Amarice.”

“Should you ever wish to go again Amarice, all you need do is ask.” Sienna added.

“Could we go again tomorrow?” the Mini asked immediately caused both Colossi to chuckle.

“Certainly.” replied Kyla as she set her hand upon the ground, watching as Amarice hopped out stopping a moment to wave, she then walked through the force field and into town.

“How did...?”

“The Miniature's wear a badge with a chip implanted that allows them to pass though.” Sienna explained.

Kyla nodded in understanding. “You created all this for them.”

“Yes, they deserve no less.” Sienna moved to take Kyla's larger hand in her own.

“If this is what a Mini town looks like, I am going to be in real trouble during the state visit with Governor Baroun.”

“Perhaps a little practice before would help?” Sienna asked.

“Well, sure but how would I pract...” Kyla's brows rose and her eyes widened a bit. “You don't mean here.” she pointed to the mini town at their feet.

“Yes I do. We shall practice after breakfast.”

Chapter 5 by Gille

A shift was all it took. The hydrant was toppled over and a spray of water began to shower over the tip of her black boot.

Kyla was in a foul mood.

So far she had inadvertently knocked over a tree, then crumpled a bicycle, course she’d also crushed part of a side walk under her boot.

“Patience love,” said Sienna from behind.

“I think perhaps we should stop,” replied Kyla.

“Nonsense! You are doing fine considering it’s the first time you’ve walked through a mini town.”

Kyla looked down at her boots watching as the mini’s cut the water, stopping the flow to the fountain she had created.

By the Gods! Mused Kyla, my boots alone are taller than the Mini buildings!

Making her all the more nervous was the fact that the little people were lined up along her route into the center of their town, much like they would be when she visited Governor Baroun this coming Tuesday.

Kyla just couldn’t bear the guilt should she take an errant step and accidentally hurt one of the Minis. These people trusted her to watch out for them.

The little people looked on with some trepidation as a giant black boot rose before them. The clasp of which was pure silver, embossed with the Rising Phoenix, symbol of the empire. Even with the dampers fully functioning, the little town shook with every one of Kyla’s footfalls. Windows rattled, pictures hanging on walls fell, and plates rattled on shelves as Kyla, and Sienna made their way single file to the center of town.

Another reason Kyla happened to be in a bad mood was it was supposed to be a lazy Sunday, and here she was wearing her weekday uniform.

To her, it was just the daily uniform, high collared white tunic, black belt, with silver buckle engraved with the rising phoenix, Form fitting black pants with gold stripe, and shined black boots which nearly reached her knee. She imagined the Mini’s below probably couldn’t even see her face at this angle.

To those below, the Imperial Uniform as worn by the Viceroy was a stark reminder of the power Kyla held over all of them. It was also well known that the Viceroy had no qualms about using the powers granted to her by the Empress.

Before Kyla could move clear an adorable little automated trolley smacked directly into the tip of her boot. Thankfully it was going very slow, but still she imagined it jostled the passengers somewhat

“Everyone okay?” Kyla called down, while inwardly a string of expletives flashed through her mind.

“They’d probably be better if you moved your big foot.” Sienna said from behind.

Those in the trolley watched in awe as the gigantic boot lifted, then held on to each other in fight as the trolley they were riding in passed directly under its huge sole.

“There you go…” Sienna almost cooed as the trolley went on its merry way. The look Kyla gave her wife was damming. As usual Sienna smiled back serenely.

The black leather gloves squeaked as Kyla balled both her hands into tight fists. Anger taking hold for a moment taking a full heavy step forward, Kyla halted, consciously working to keep her temper in check. She was the Viceroy, it was unbecoming for her to act like a spoiled brat in front of her people.

Fixing a forced smile on her lips, Kyla stepped forward again, this time more delicately. Sienna following gracefully behind, having more experience in dealing with Mini towns.

Kyla’s smile became genuine at seeing little Amarice in the town square absolutely beaming with excitement. The little one was standing as tall as she could, proud to be acting the part of Governor Baroun in this rehearsal. Inwardly, Kyla was much impressed by the fact that Amarice did not flinch one bit as giant boots thudded down directly in front of her.

“Read the script.” Prodded Sienna from behind. Jolting Amarice out of her trance she was in caued by looking up at her most beautiful Viceroy.

“Oh!” Amarice fumbled about her pockets hurriedly. Causing both Kyla and Sienna to smile, enjoying this moment of levity as much as the Minis within the square.

“On behalf of the people you see here before you and for our people—“

“Amarice.”

The mini looked up from the minuscule pad she was reading.

“Yes Lady Sienna?”

“You must speak up girl, project your voice as it is a long way from your lips to the Viceroy’s ear.

Amarice blushed and nodded her understanding.

“Um… The mini found her place again and was sure to speak loudly. “Our people...” Amarice searched then found the correct spot,”….scattered throughout your lands Viceroy, I hereby welcome you to our fair city of Krazów.”

This part Kyla knew by rote having to attend so many diplomatic functions as Viceroy.

“On behalf of our Empress, and of our Empire it beings me great joy to appear before you I look forward to renewing and further building the bond between our two peoples.”

Amarice turned and stiffly moved to stand before the statue of the Empress high on its pedestal. The sculpture was made of stone covered by gold leaf. A perfect representation of the Empress dressed Ancient Roman armor. Kyla had been before many such statues, but none were quite like this. This representation of the Empress barely rose up beyond her boot clasp. The figure itself, just a tad longer than one of her fingers.

Kyla watched as the mini placed a bit of incense in a censer wisps of white smoke rising up before the statue. Then Amarice knelt, as every mini in the square following.

“This…” Kyla moaned aloud. “Is going to be a disaster.”

“Now, don’t be worried,” Sienna placated. “Remember I’ll be right behind to guide you.”
After a long and very pained sigh. Kyla, slowly, moved to take a knee.

Every mini within the square held their breath as the hundred plus foot Colossi knelt before the comparatively tiny representation of the Empress.

With a grinding of metal, Kyla’s boot took out a street lamp.

“I thought you were guiding me,” huffed Kyla. Her exhalation of breath ruffling Amarice’s hair and dress, and nearly knocking down both mini and incense burner.

“Well…” Sienna began while making sure no Mini’s were hurt. “You are really big Viceroy, but no real harm done.”

Far more gracefully, Sienna knelt mindful of the heels on her feet and the shimmering green long dress she wore. She had to wear such, a shorter skirt would give the minis a show Sienna was sure would be long remembered, and for all the wrong reasons.

For some moments Kyla was still, thoughts on how the Empress would laugh at the sight of her Viceroy kneeling before a teensy statue.

Oh gods! Kyla came to the realization that the Empress would see this, as undoubtedly the whole event would be on the news of the Empire.

Her mood soured even more as she looked at Amarice expectantly.

“Oh!” Amarice exclaimed again much to Kyla’s renewed amusement “With the aid of our gods, long may our wise Empress rule.”

Sienna always hated the smell of the incense, it always made her….

Before she could catch it, Sienna sneezed. And while it was a small sneeze she still managed to blow down the incense burner a portion of the crowd of mini’s nearest, and poor little Amarice who’d borne the brunt of it. The little mini had been lifted off her feet and deposited square on her back.

The gold statue of the Empress had shifted due to the force of the wind, now it toppled backward, crashing to the ground before Kyla could reach out to catch it.

“Are you all okay!?” Sienna was mortified.

All looked to be fine by Kyla’s estimation, all except the statue which had broken into bits.

“Here I thought I would be the one to make some major faux pas,” Kyla lectured gleefully. “You just blew down an Imperial Governor…” She winked playfully down at Amarice, “The town leadership, and the statue of our Empress.”

Sienna turned so red, her face matched the color of her ginger hair.

“Sorry…” she said embarrassed.

“It is okay Lady Sienna,” Amarice spoke up, “no real harm done.”

Then the rarest thing ever happened, the fearsome Viceroy began to laugh. A full throated, laugh which rolled over the whole of the Mini town.

“It is not funny!” Sienna defended she being quite irate as the two of them rose to their full daunting height before the Minis.

“Yes it is.” Replied Kyla. Her words caused Sienna to bop her hard on the arm.

The minis watched silently amazed at this display of… of … humanity! They were so used to only seeing the stoicism of the Viceroy, they’d never heard her laugh. Certainly none of them would have dared to bop her on the arm as Lady Sienna did. (That is, if they could have reached her arm.)

Amarice couldn’t stop it… she giggled… then began to fully laugh. The crowds surrounding her gradually doing the same.

Sienna tried to remain mad, but when Kyla took her hand in hers and kissed it, she couldn’t help but laugh as well.

“Thankfully, our Empress is even bigger than I am.” Kyla whispered in Sienna’s ear. If she were actually Mini sized you’d have just blown her away.” The mental image of that caused Sienna to laugh even more.”

**
Alaric watched as the burning ball in the sky dipped low. All day he had wandered, before being found by people the same size as he.

“This Nirvana of yours is all fakery.” he pronounced as the healer splinted his broken arm.

“Why do you say that my friend?”

“Have you not been to the outside?” replied Alaric. “To the world beyond this one?”

“Why should I?” replied the healer. “Here we have peace, here we live free to raise families, and here we are in a world scaled to our size.”

“It is all an illusion!” Alaric responded.

Silently, the healer stood, moving back to allow the high priest to sit in the stool beside the bed.

“Is the water flowing in the great river fake?” the elderly man asked. “Is the food you consumed fake? The trees, the animals?”

“No, but you are kept as if pets, unable to leave this prison.”

“I once thought as you do.” The high priest scratched at his beard absently. “I remember my time in the outside, stuck in a world so big that I was in danger of death at any moment. No, friend, here is a place where we and the ones we love, may live without fear.”

“But I must return to my tribe!”

“If it is as I remember, they have already chosen your successor Alaric.”

“The Raven Goddess will—“

“Is that what you call her?” The old man scoffed. “Can you stand?”

“Yes, it is only my arm which is broken.”

“Walk with me then, great chief.”

The two left the healers hut, to wander through the village, eventually reaching the rock temple. Alaric followed the high priest into the inner sanctum.

“What manner of witchery is that!?” Alaric pointed to the round disk set in the floor. It looked to be made of some type of metal, it was engraved with words.

“This is how the keeper communicates with me.”

“Keeper?” Alaric asked confused.

“Goddesses as your backward people call them. Though this I am learning their language one word at a time.”

“Sorcery!” blurted Alaric. No one can discern the language of the Goddess.

“Hear it then.”

The priest stood on the disk and a word sounded in the chamber. The voice was that of the Big Spirit! Then as if by magic, flowing water appeared floating in midair!

“River” said the high priest while pointing.

Another word was spoken, an animal flashing into the air.

“Sheep.” The high priest repeated.

Alaric fell to his knees before the high priest. “Forgive me, I did not know of your power in discerning the language of the goddesses.”

“No Alaric, they are not goddesses. Here they teach me, and I teach the people. This is not sorcery, this is knowledge. By their intersession, the keepers are allowing us to learn, and by doing so my people gain understanding. It is my hope that one day we may talk with them.”

“On your feet chieftain.”

“We shall never be equal to the goddesses.” Alaric charged.

“You are right.” The high priest agreed. “Due to the limitations of our size. But someday, we will show these giant beings that we do posses intelligence, that we understand them, and that we want them to understand us.”

**
“Apple…”

Having changed into a pair of comfortable tights. Kyla watched amused as Sienna spoke into the recorder.

A picture of a red apple floated above Sienna’s data pad, as she linked the image to the word she had just spoken.

“Fruit…” Said Sienna before playfully sticking her tongue out at her wife.”

“Eat…” Kyla laughed out loud as Sienna mimicked biting into an imaginary apple.

“Seriously, you can’t believe those primitive specks in your habitat will understand.”

“Look at them.” Kyla did as Sienna bid, gazing at the screen, watching teeny people in their teeny village.

“See how they speak to each other?” Sienna asked.

“If you say so, sure.” Kyla said flippantly while crossing one leg over the other gracefully. “I’ve never heard a speck say one word.

“We are far too big to hear them, that’s all.” Sienna shifted, scooting over she knelt in front of her love as Kyla sat upon the couch. “It they can speak one language, they can speak any language.”

“I doubt that, but I will remain open to the idea that they can be taught.”

“You’ll see, someday your pad will light up with a message from your speck-sized people Kyla. Sienna smiled smug. “And then what will you do? Knowing beyond a doubt that these minute people are intelligent.”

“I’ll reply that their whole world sits on my side-table.” Kyla snarked, annoying Sienna. “And that I want to taste their apples so they’d better harvest a few thousand to place on the tip of my tongue.”

“You are such a pain.”

“And you love me for it.” Kyla wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

Sienna smiled then was quiet a moment as she looked at the view screen and the people on it.

“My Viceroy hear my petition.” Sienna said soft while turning her gaze upward at her wife. Instantly Kyla sat up a bit.

“As it does within the land you rule, I know your will reigns supreme within this household, and within our marriage.”

Kyla sat silent, her expression inscrutable as she listened.

“I have always abided by your will, even when I have privately voiced disagreement.”

“Sienna, I have never once ordered you to do anything you did not wish to.”

“Though you easily could, and I am grateful to you for making our union as equal as you have.”

“Hear me,” Sienna swallowed hard mustering courage. “Do not spray his house and kill the specks. Please let my will prevail on this issue.

“Mynia told you, did she?” Kyla’s look became very stern.

“No, Viceroy. As you have many ears in the lands you rule, so do I within this house.”

“I see.” Kyla said flatly.

“They are people!” Sienna’s hand rose, finger pointing to the view screen. “Do not unleash a genocide upon them.”

“My love, if I do not spray, the house will not only be infested with specks, but also all manner of vermin you hate. Spiders will be the least of our worries.”

“Is there no other way?” Pleaded Sienna.

“There is no remedy which will not kill the specks, they are so small so as to be defenseless against any type of poison.”

“Gods know how many this will kill.” Sienna replied sadly.

“You can’t save them all my love.”

“I like to think I could, that we could, if only we tried. Are we so big and so powerful that we no longer care about those who need our help the most?”

“Sienna, I must also look to the greater good, The Miniatures must also be kept safe. The pests which are only an annoyance to us are a threat to them. Would you want to see little Amarice hurt?”

“No, of course not.”

“Perhaps we can compromise?”

Sienna looked up at her with such hope.

“Have the Haflings double the number of traps, all that are caught will be spared. After a weeks’ time the house must be sprayed.”

“Fair enough my Viceroy.”

“It pains me when you petition me in this manner.” Kyla took hold of both of Sienna’s hands.

“I know it does, and that just one of the many reasons I love you so.” Replied Sienna.

Chapter 6 by Gille

Amarice shivered, it was so very cold!

It was tough, getting up so much earlier and braving the chill, but the Mini knew it would be well worth it.

Around her was silence, save for the hum of the shield generators which protected their village. Above, the clear sky afforded a lovely view of the twinkling stars. Lowing her gaze from the sky, she saw lights emanating from the servant quarters on the fourth floor of the huge manor, the Halflings undoubtedly readying themselves for another day of work.

Talk within their little town had been non-stop. The people very excited to have the Viceroy actually visit them, even with the damage she and Lady Sienna caused. A new appreciation of the Viceroy had emerged. She was now seen as a person, someone real not a remote figure ruling from on high. Amarice wished more people could see their Viceroy in such a light.

The Mini was so wrapped up in her thoughts, that she didn’t see the beast sneak up on her.
With a muted shriek, Amarice jumped back as the gigantic cat leaped at her. She was very glad for the protection of the shield generators as the feline smacked directly into the force field and received a quite a shock.

Her initial shock turned into tears, Amarice crying due the knowlegde of what might have happened. She had thought about waiting in front of the field, and if she had done so, she’d be a meal for the cat now. How she wished she could be giant, strong, and as beautiful like the Viceroy. The ruler of Eurasia was scared of nothing, or so it seemed to Amarice.

Shaking from a surge of adrenaline Amarice watched the cat, as it prowled round the edge of the force field. Occasionally it would raise a paw and take a swipe. Each time, the cat got a shock, and Amarice jumped back, another jolt of terror running through her. She closed her eyes a moment, imploring the gods to send the cat away or bring the Viceroy to her aid soon.

Then, the cat tensed plastering its large ears back flat. Amarice dearly hoped that the force field would hold as the beast appeared to be readying for another try at her. After a blood curdling yowl followed deep hiss, it suddenly bolted away, vanishing into the darkness.

Momentarily, Amarice was confused as to what had just transpired, then she felt the heavy footfalls and knew why the beast had fled.

Her savior was approaching, praise be to the Gods!

As before, the Viceroy was dressed in running shoes with long black tights. This time, due to the cold Amarice her ruler had chosen a body hugging top with long sleeves. Her thick and very long black hair was not in a pony-tail, but left to flow freely about her back and shoulders.

With two heavy thuds, the massive running shoes halted right in front of her. A hand was silently lowered palm up in invitation.

Amarice hesitated, looking quickly this way and that for the beast which had terrorized her.

“C’mon girl.” The giant Viceroy urged. “You wish to run with me, don’t you?”

Summoning all her courage, little Amarice ran with all she had though the force field and leaped right into that open palm. Silently pleading that the Viceroy to lift her up quick!

Mercifully she did…

“You really are excited, that was quite a display of athleticism Amarice.” The smile of mirth on Kyla’s lips quickly faded into a look of deep concern.

“Why do you cry?”

Amarice wiped her face roughly, ashamed of herself for not being strong like the Viceroy. She dipped her head down to look at her shoes.

“Amarice?” The Viceroy tried again. The Mini reflected on how she loved hearing the way her ruler said her name. It was spoken slowly, each syllable was enunciated clearly. It made her almost swoon to hear it spoken as such.

“Tell me what is bothering you girl.” This time it was an order, and Amarice knew she must answer, though she felt ashamed for being weak.

“A great feline beast, tried to attack me and I…” Her voice trailed off.

“Are you hurt?” Amarice looked up from her shoes to find herself before blue eyes, which where darting to and fro as the Viceroy checked her over for any injury.

“No, no.” Amarice reassured, “I was behind the shield, but…but it scared me so, I…I’m sorry Viceroy, I wish I was strong and unafraid like you.”

With a most gentle movement, Amarice found herself pressed against the fabric of the Viceroy’s top, covered by the giant hand which had held her.

“Is that what you think girl? Amarice there is nothing wrong with you being scared of a cat so much larger than you.”

“But you are never afraid.” The mini said soft causing Kyla to smile sadly.

“Oh, there are many times I’ve been afraid Amarice. You mustn’t look at fear as being a curse. Fear gives us discernment, so we don’t rush into situations without first thinking of the danger. Without fear we would all live very short lives, doing whatever we wished, no matter the risk.

Amarice couldn’t help herself, snuggling up as she listened to her Viceroy. It was comforting to feel the deep reverberations of her ruler’s voice passing through her little body.

“But you would never be scared of something as silly as a cat.”

“If it were many times my size I would be.” Kyla replied. “Amarice, being a colossi gives me many advantages in this world.”

“Viceroy, pardon, but might I ask a personal question?”

“You may ask, I may, or may not answer girl.”

“What causes you fear?” Asked Amarice, feeling gentle movement. The Viceroy was walking, she could tell by the jolts with each of her steps.

“Many things.”

“Really!?” Amarice squeaked.

Kyla chuckled, “Of course.”

“I fear for the safety of my wife as not all love me, and may choose to hurt her in retribution for the way I rule. I fear for those within my lands and those who work in my manor, worried that something may cause them harm. War, some disease, an act of terror. ”

“But you never show fear, least none that I’ve seen.”

“A ruler must never show fear, for if he is afraid, his people will also be afraid and that leads to suffering. Instead, the ruler must show strength and confidence so that the people may take comfort, knowing all is well.”

“I know for certain,” Amarice said with surety, “that you were never scared in battle, I have often gazed at the great painting of you in the grand entrance hall. You look ever so heroic holding high the flag of our Empire amidst the chaos!”

“Oh Amarice…” Kyla laughed. “That painting is a glorified view of me in battle, meant to remind all who it is that rules over them.”

“That didn’t happen?”

“It happened, just not exactly the way depicted in that painting.”

“I see…” the Mini said disappointed.

“Think twice about putting me on some pedestal Amarice, I have faults aplenty and do make mistakes. Just ask Sienna, should you doubt me.”

Amarice giggled.

“Now shall we run?” asked Kyla

“Yes!” Amarice replied excitedly while moving to climb into Kyla’s breast pocket.
“Oh and Amarice?”

“Yes Viceroy?”

“Not one word about our conversation. Remember. Viceroy’s do not show fear.”

The Mini ensconced within her pocket nodded most solemnly.
**
“And how was your run?”

Kyla leaned over to give Sienna a peck on the cheek. “Good,” she said simply.

“Did you take Amarice with you?”

“I did, the little thing loves to ride along.” Said Kyla while taking a seat at their breakfast table.

Sienna took a sip of coffee then smiled as she placed the cup down. “That girl will be so tired doing her chores today.”

“Makes for better sleep tonight then, she does not have to come with me, she chooses to,” replied Kyla as a breakfast was set before her. Minya then picked up her little stool and moved it in order to better serve Lady Sienna.

“The girl adores you Viceroy.”

“She romanticizes what I am, you my dear know the truth and still love me. A miracle of miracles if there ever was one.”

Sienna laughed. “You know, I worried little Amarice would pay a price for your spending time with her. It appears she has earned much respect from the other servants as they are most afraid of you Kyla, you do have a formidable persona.”

“All the better if it keeps the servants in line.” Kyla took bite of oatmeal. It was served just she liked it, without any sweetener added.

“And you?” Don’t you have school to teach?”

Sienna laughed. “You have your days mixed up Viceroy, we are on solstice break.

“Teachers… always on holiday…” Kyla muttered.

“Oh hush!” Sienna chuckled. “I work hard and you know it.”

“True, I do not dispute that.”

“Or, you’d find yourself on a couch.” Retorted Sienna.

“Maybe a bed in another room at the very least.”

“No, those rooms are being readied for your Governors, Viceroy. You would be on a couch as I don’t wish you to sully the bed.”

Now it was Kyla’s turn to laugh. “So what plans for you today?”

“Today the specks get their new apple trees, and I’m most excited as our salt water whales have arrived.”

“I would like to see these whales, I read they were quite large at one time, far larger than any animal on Earth.”

“Well, they aren’t now, I can assure you, but at least we can see them without aid of the enhancer. You’ll see them soon, I had the pet shop hold on to them until I can ready the habitat.

“What about those…” Kyla tried to recall what they were called.

“Oh the sharks?”
“Yeah.”

“The owner of the pet store did much research, he tells me it may not be a good idea to introduce them into our habitat.”

“Why is that?” Kyla finished her breakfast, holding out her cup for Mynia to fill with coffee.

“Seems they would eat your people Viceroy, should they go for a swim.”

Kyla was always amused that Sienna made sure to refer to the specks as her people. She doubted the primitive little things, understood who she was, or much of anything else about the giant world outside their habitat,

“The sharks would eat the specks?”

“They’d eat us if they were large enough.”

“Interesting.”

“So,” Sienna continued after giving Kyla a look for her pithy response. “I’ve ordered as many salt water fish as I can, but for today I plan to install the apple orchard I’ve created. Then I’ll create a sea in their habitat.”

“Will you have it ready before the Governors arrive?”

“I believe so. Why?” there was suspicion in Sienna’s tone.

“I was just thinking we could move their habitat into the grand reception hall for the duration of the visit by my Governors.

“Oh that’s a splendid idea!” Sienna smiled wide in excitement. “They can see how advanced our little people are!”

“Or just a good conversation piece…” Kyla added. “A showcase of your hard work.

Sienna bounded up from the table “I’ve got so much to do.” She quickly kissed Kyla on the lips. “Have a good day terrorizing the masses love.” With that she swept out of the room.

“Funny, very funny.” Kyla took a last sip of coffee. “Be even funnier if it wasn’t… so… true.”

She allowed the full weight of her stern gaze to fall upon the Halfling nearest.

The woman swallowed hard, visibly spooked by that evil glare.

“Just who I wanted to speak with…” Purred Kyla most dangerously. “Tell me Mynia, of what you said to Lady Sienna regarding my order to have this manor sprayed. And spare me no detail…"

**
“And here you shall make your entrance Viceroy.”

Governor Baroun walked along, a map of the city of Krazów to illustrate. The massive desk of the Viceroy was actually a cleverly designed computer. On its surface, she could pull up all types of information, to include the map he was walking over.

“The roads, you are sure they are wide enough for myself and Lady Sienna?” Kyla folded her arms over her chest, leaning back in her leather chair.

“Very sure Viceroy.” Baroun glanced up first to the Viceroy, then over to her slimy minion, the Grand Inquisitor.

“And then?” Kyla prodded.

“You will make an offering to the gods in front of the statue dedicated to our Empress. “Here in the very heart of our city, the main square.”

“A very tiny statue.” Torquemada said with disdain. “Viceroy, the visual of you looming over a diminutive Empress may not be the best idea.

“It cannot be helped, in their city I shall loom over everything due to my size.”

“The Empress may take offence, she does prefer to be shown as commanding and with her statue being so small it could end up all looking a bit silly.”

“Governor, how many of your people will be in this square?”

“Thousands upon thousands Viceroy.”

“And they will be kneeling?”

“Of course.”

“There you have it Torquemada, think of that visual, thousands of Mini’s kneeling before the Empress along with their Viceroy. It will do much to impress.”

“I have my doubts Viceroy, but with your will go on.”

“It will advance the presiege of the Empress more than harm it, you will see. Go on Baroun what next?”

“A brief tour of the highlights of our capital, followed by a meet and greet with the town leadership.”

“Make if a very brief tour and a very brief meet and greet as you call it.”

“Yes, Viceroy.”

“As I do not wish to inadvertently pull down any structures, I will not wear my cape.”

“You will still look most grand dressed in your armor, Viceroy.”

“Very well, I give my approval to this.”

“Wonderful!” Baroun smiled up at her. Actually, he was a bit unnerved, The Viceroy was being far nicer to him than normal, it was disconcerting!

“Oh and, ah… I want you to make sure the censer burning the incense is placed far from where Lady Sienna, she has a ah… bit of an allergy to it. I would hate to see your people blown down in the hundreds if she should sneeze.”

His eyes widened as her words registered. “I shall make sure, Viceroy.”

“Good, dismissed.”

Torquemada remained silent until the Governor was carried out of the room.

“Viceroy, do you think it really necessary to visit the Miniature’s city?”

“Yes, the Empire demands loyalty from those little people, we must show loyalty in return.”

“I would be remiss if I did not tell you that many think of the Mini’s as second class citizens.”

“They are wrong Torguemada, very wrong.” Growled Kyla while standing. Rounding the desk she moved to loom over the Colossi man. If Sienna were here He’d be just over waist height to her, to Kyla he was much smaller. “The law is clear, and I want it enforced. No more abductions of the Minis.”

“Your will Viceroy.” Old Torguemada dipped his head, I shall hunt down those responsible and leave it to you to decide their fate.”

“Good.”

After leaning over her desk to issue a command with a touch of a finger, Kyla walked across her grand office. “Come, sit Torguemada.” She urged. The two, seating themselves on grand settees opposite each over as tea was served.

Again Torguemada waited to speak until they were alone.

“Viceroy, many claim you hold fondness for the Minis due to the influence of your wife. They say, next she will next wish you to give the specks rights.”

“Only the Empress may grant citizenship rights, you know that.” Kyla took a sip of tea. “And I am sure she is not inclined to do so.

“Still, many have heard of the rather…extravagant purchases... Lady Sienna has made. They say she has the grandest habitat for the specks in the whole of the Empire.”

“And?” Kyla rumbled low. Her tone causing the little man to fidget a bit. She watching as one of his hands moved up, fingers dragging though grey hair.

“Many say she is a lover of these specks, that she pushes you to see them as deserving of rights.”

“They are right,” Kyla smiled. “At least on a couple of points, Lady Sienna does love the specks, for what reason I do not fully understand. However, if she chooses to give them a grand habitat here within my manor, or suddenly decide to train them to perform in a teeny speck circus that is her business and her business alone."

“I only inform you of what I hear, Viceroy.” The man shifted on the large couch, his feet dangling off the ground.

“As I know you only look out for my best interests," Kyla prefaced, "I tell you clear, I do not share Sienna’s views Torquemada. Perhaps once, before the event occurred, the specks were like us. Now they are not like us, they are tiny, and primitive, and weak, mere curiosities that give us entertainment. They contribute nothing to the Empire and as such deserve no respect. We cannot give respect to beings that we can blow into oblivion with an errant breath, or that we can easily crush under a pinkie. "

“Understood?”

“Understood, Viceroy.”

"All that being said, Sienna would be most upset if I did not add that I have witnessed the specks exhibiting a certain level of sentience. A low one in my opinion, but my wife believes they can… evolve… and I have resolved to try and have an open mind on the subject.”

“For the sake of argument, let’s say they do have intelligence, what then?” asked Torquemada.

Kyla smirked, “Then it would be up to the Empress. You, and the regional governors will get the see the habitat my wife has created. I want to hear your thoughts on you observe within it.”

“I look forward to seeing it, Viceroy.”

“Good, now to the foolishness of the Governor of India. I have ordered that all those she imprisoned be sent to the gulags, a lesson to others not to agitate against the Empire.”

“I should like to keep a few to… interrogate…” Torquemada smiled wickedly, “to learn more about any possible underground network of dissenters.”

“If you find such, arrest all and ship them to the gulag as well.”

“Perhaps, a little something more is needed to instill a healthy degree of fear Viceroy. Allow me to make a few arrests in the dark of night, hold people for a few days. I will release them of course, but it will show the populace how easily the Empire can make any of them disappear.”

“I’ve trained you well. Do so and I look forward to reading your report.”

“Then by your leave, I shall depart.”

Kyla nodded.

“Viceroy.” At the voice, Kyla stood and walked over to her desk. Opening a screen she looked down at the projected image of her mini secretary.

“Yes?” she asked while quirking an eyebrow.

“The Empress demands you make contact.”

Kyla straitened, on edge, one never knew with the Empress. “Beam her transmission into my office. I want no interruption.”

“Yes, Viceroy.”

Kyla rounded the desk as a tone sounded. Quickly she moved to kneel as the ghostly image of the Empress shimmered into view.

**

“The great sleep approaches!” came the cry from outside the hut.

“What?” Alaric said confused.

The high priest stood, his family leaving the breakfast table in a hurry.

“I haven’t time to explain, look.” The old man opened the main door.

A greenish yellowy cloud was rolling over the landscape enveloping all.

“What is it?”

Remaining silent, the priest guided Alaric to his sleeping mat.

“You will soon see.” The man said soft as tendrils of the cloud began fill the hut.

**
“Nite-nite little ones.” Sienna said soft. “When you wake you will have a new valley filled with apple trees.”

A light upon the console told her the gas had caused all within to fall asleep. With a press of a button, she began filtering out the gas, saving it for the next use. Rampant curiosity caused her to press another button, and laser light filled the habitat for some moments.

“10,000 Wow!” Sienna was amazed. “You teeny people sure know how to procreate. Well get ready, more of your people will be joining you by the end of the week.”

Standing, she moved to slide the lush new Valley into place, being sure to lock all the components correctly in place. After a reboot, the environmental computer, recognized the new addition, and the fruit trees, making the adjustments to ensure they got precisely the right amount of sun and rain.

She hated putting the specks to sleep, but it was better than creating mass panic in their little world as she slid new lands into place.

“Done.” She announced cheerily, “Time for a bath before…” She gasped, seeing Kyla standing silent in the doorway.

“Viceroy taking a break from…” Sienna stopped speaking at seeing her wifes expression.

“What’s wrong?” asked Sienna.

Kyla said nothing, instead she walked right up to the habitat, looking down at the perfectly tiny landscape, now laid bare due to the absence of the blue sky filter.

“The force field on?”

“No Kyla.”

Sienna watched as her wife leaned in close, her focus on a tiny village. Had the occupants been awake they would have been petrified to look up and see an immense blue eye observing them.

“Please watch your breathing honey, they are fragile.” Sienna warned quietly.

Teeny huts, an earthen path though the village. The temple of made of rock where Sienna hoped the specks were learning the language of the Colossi. Beyond, the trickle of water these people knew as a great river. Farther on, the new valley filled with apple trees. She moved to inspect the new lands her wife had created with such loving care.

Kyla exhaled just a bit and ever so gently, watching the apple trees sway.

“Oh do be careful!” Sienna cried.

So incredibly fragile this land and she so incredibly vast by comparison, pondered Kyla.
It appeared it would also be that way as…

Straightening up, Kyla’s eyes welled with tears, tears quickly blinked away before Sienna could see them.

Turning she looked down at Sienna, “The Empress choses to grace us with a visit.”

“Oh, no…” Sienna was truly frightened by the revelation.

“It is not bad my love, she is most pleased with my service.”

Sienna breathed a sigh of relief.

“Would you see that our home is in order for her visit?”

“Of course Viceroy. If the Empress is pleased why do you look so sad?”

“We shall talk about it tonight.” She could never completely hide her emotions from Sienna.
Kyla smiled tightly, then left the room.

Sienna pressed a button and the force field reconfigured, then enclosed the updated habitat of the specks.

Then Sienna also departed, to begin preparations for the Empress’ visit.

The specks slumbered on peacefully within their tiny world.

Chapter 7 by Gille

“This…” The old high priest held up the red fruit in his hand. “We shall call this a… Apple.”

“Apple.” The men and women surrounding him repeated. The word was foreign to their native tongue, as were all of the words the High Priest used to describe the gifts of the Keepers. The people dutifully spoke the word, doing their best to pronounce it in exactly the same manner.

“Fruit.” Again the people repeated the word.

“Eat.” All surrounding him gasped as the high priest bit into this thing called an apple.

“Are you okay?” Asked Alaric standing near, “How do you feel?”

“I feel just fine and these …apples… are wonderful! Try them!” commanded the high priest.
Gleefully the people encircled the trees, boosting each other up, all sharing the joy of …eat… the …fruit.”

**
Kyla crossed her legs femininely. One large black boot kicking idly as she and Sienna watched the specks on the view screen. Crossing her arms over her chest, she shifted a bit in the chair.

She looked to her wife.

Sienna had tears flowing down her cheeks, she being so very happy to see the specks enjoying the apples she had provided.

“They are so very happy…” she whispered so soft Kyla barely heard it.

Kyla decided against making one of her usual caustic remarks. This wasn’t the time or the place. Instead she sat quiet, allowing Sienna to enjoy the moment and the joy she’d given the teeny things.

Her wife looked worn. Getting a household of this vast a size ready for an Imperial visit was a tremendous task and there was still much work to do.

Certainly the estate had to be spotless, each room ready for the demands that would be placed upon it. There was also a tremendous amount of thought about in which bedroom the Governors would be placed and where they would sit at diplomatic functions. The idea being to head off any gaffe, such as seating people who disliked each other close, or choosing the best rooms to suit the size of various ego’s so none felt slighted.

The Empress, of course would have the use of the entire East Wing of the estate. Those apartments were originally designed for use by the Master of the house and his family. Both Sienna and Kyla had thought them too large and grandiose, preferring the smaller suite of rooms in the West Wing.

As the Solstice was near, the public rooms on the first and second floors where being decorated, by Mini’s and Halflings alike. The bedrooms in which the Governors and their wives would sleep would also receive a bit of decoration as well.

Kyla slowly stood, inwardly hating that she had to end Sienna’s moment. Straitening her tunic, she extended a hand.

Sienna immediately turned off the view screen and stood to take her wife’s hand in her own.
“It’s bad isn’t it?”

Kyla said nothing in reply as the two walked toward the grand staircase which would lead up to their private apartments. Servants of all sizes halting their work out of respect as they passed.

**
Amarice and the other members of her crew spread out in line abreast. Dropping down to their hands and knees they worked forward slowly under the direct supervision of Giedia who wanted every inch of the grand dining table to be polished.

“Don’t know why we gotta polish this wood, grumped Kaisippe, just gonna put a table cloth over it.”

“Shh…” Amarice urged. “Giedia hears all.”

The flat wooden plain of the table top stretched on seemingly forever. It had 68 leaves and was 175 feet long, that is, if you were the size of a colossi. (Might as well be miles if you were Mini sized.) This was just the top, the whole of the table needed polishing from legs on up to include chairs whose seats were clad in rich imperial red silk.

As the Viceroy said, Amarice reflected, if you had to do something, it was best to get it over with as soon as possible. With that in mind, the Mini focused on the task at hand. Actually, Amarice and the others felt great pride in assuring all within this grand home was perfect, as everything within it was a direct reflection upon the Viceroy.

Besides there were far worse jobs…

Thousands of Mini’s had been hard at work, with the help of the Halflings, they unpacked the 4,000 piece grand service and all of its 8,000 components. For three weeks, now they’d been polishing that massive service, right down to the last marrow scoop and olive spoon. To include 1,200 glasses, 2,000 pieces of silver, 4,800 china pieces of every type imaginable. Add to this the 200 napkins, Amarice especially liked watching the napkins being folded, the Minis creating beautiful works of art, to be placed on every plate.

“Attention all…” Every Mini and Halfing halted their work at the sound of Mynia’s voice.

“The Viceroy wishes it known that our Empress shall arrive in three days hence.”

As Mynia departed from the State Dining Room, murmurs began swirling.

“Heaven forfend!” Exclaimed Kaissipe. “Her Imperial Majesty is going to visit!”

To the degree that Kaissipe was frightened. Amarice was excited, hoping she might catch a glimpse of the great Empress!

All in the room doubled their efforts!
**
Kyla sat in one of the plush high backed chairs as Sienna did the same. Both facing the marble fireplace.

Sienna was on edge, as Kyla had made sure to close then lock every door leading up to their apartments, she even ordered the security system to do a sweep to insure they were both completely alone. The only thing the sweep would miss were the specks, they being too small to be picked up in the scan. The Empire feeling they were too inconsequential to be seen as any threat.

“Well?” Sienna asked in exasperation when the silence went on a moment too long.

“What I say now, must never be spoken of outside this room.”

“Kyla, you are scaring me.”

“With reason.”

“I received confirmation from the Empress that Empire has made contact with an intelligent species.”

“By the Gods!” Sienna gasped. “We are not alone in the galaxy! People around the Empire will be astounded when they hear this news.”

“They will only hear that planets have been found which are hospitable to being colonized.”

“What, why? This news is too amazing to be kept—“

“You are prophetic my love.” Kyla shook her head with deep sadness. “Remember what you asked me long ago, about the virus we carry?

“Oh gods!” cried Sienna. “We infected them!”

“Yes.” Replied Kyla, watching as Sienna buried her face in her hands.

“It was not done on purpose, it was not believed a virus designed to infect humans nearly two millennia ago would be a threat to an alien race.”

“Are they now? The size of halflings, or even worse specks?” Sienna sobbed.

“Worse…” Kyla turned on the view screen, pulling up the information on her pad, she allowed her cornea to be scanned. Sienna watched as the Rising Phoenix flashed on the screen, stern words of warning beneath about this being classified.

“This footage, taken by our people, is… shocking.”

Sienna exhaled, completely in awe. The screen was filled with beings whose skin was albino, they looked lean and graceful, all in all very humanoid in appearance. “They have wings!” Sienna said in wonder. “They are so… beautiful…”

Then the camera zoomed out… causing Sienna to weep once more. The creatures where being held within a giant hand and were getting smaller… and smaller… till they disappeared from view entirely.

“No!” Sienna stood, her outrage causing her to shake bodily. “Don’t tell me they.”

“Their entire civilization disappeared forever.” Kyla slumped down in her chair. “Within one Earth year, every one of them vanished from view. Our scientists theorize they became so small, that they became part of the fabric of the universe.”

“Atoms… they dissolved into atoms…” Sienna wailed.

“Yes.” Kyla took a long breath. “The planet had two habitable moons, the infection spread to those as well.”

Sienna’s legs went out and she fell back into the chair, burying her face in her hands.

“There is more, you won’t like it, but you must hear it. The virus spread to every bit of flora and fauna, every animal on these planets. They are all gone.”

“…This occurred 1000 earth years ago.” Kyla added softly.

“One thousands earth years ago! How could we reach them?” Barked Sienna. “We were not that advanced then!

“They abducted some astronauts.”

“Their curiosity about us, became their down fall.” Sienna pronounced solemnly. “Then that footage was from.”

“One of the abducted astronauts.”

“Since then, with the advent of rudimentary warp drive long ago the Empire worked to reach their planet, and over the last 200 years we have had much success in reverse engineering their technology, before it all—“

“The ruins of their civilization should be left as a reminder to us of what we ourselves destroyed.

“It is all gone, seems everything they created had a living organic nature to it, over the centuries it eventually shrank into oblivion.”

Sienna looked up at the screen. “It was all so beautiful,” she muttered as the feed ended.

“If this happened so long ago, why is the Empress choosing to show it to you now?”
The color drained from Sienna’s face as understanding dawned. “Oh gods!”

“That’s right, she has ordered me to go to this world, to take colonists. The Empire must expand past our own solar system.”

Sienna couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “I do appreciate the irony of it all, here I am creating a world in a box, and the Empress commands you to create a world on a planet.”

“My love…” Suddenly Kyla was before her on bended knee. “I must go you…”

“Where you go, I go.”

Now tears trailed down Kyla’s cheeks. “How I wish I’d never been promoted to Viceroy. How I wish we could have lived out of the public eye, you teaching, me working at some bank.” Kyla smiled sadly, “a townhouse in the city, little cottage in the countryside, what you always wanted.”

“It was not to be, Viceroy.” After a time Sienna leaned forward. “I know why the Empress chose you.”

“Why?” asked Kyla while moving back to her chair to slump down in it.

“You are a threat to her.”

Kyla snorted, thinking Sienna was making a poor attempt at a joke.

“Laugh if you want, you know as well as I do, that our Empire is a meritocracy. There are no laws which allow her offspring to take the throne. As always the Viceroy’s select the next Empress upon her death.”

“They will not chose me.”

“I disagree,” Sienna smiled, “You are young Kyla, have a distinguished background, and have gained the respect of many in the hierarchy. Think of it, the Empress has promoted many of her family to the rank of Viceroy, attempting to stack the deck. But you still have a chance to be voted in. She knows this…”

Standing Sienna moved behind Kyla draping her hands over her wife’s shoulders. Lowing her head she whispered in her ear. “Our Empress is old, she hasn’t much time left. Should you be out of the way, her plan to have her successor be family will succeed.

“I never wanted to be Viceroy, and I never want to be Empress.” Kyla replied fiercely.

“Some seek greatness others have it thrust upon them, the latter applies to you. Our Empire is old like the Empress, and very decrepit, it needs new blood. I think Empress Kyla has a nice ring to it. Find a way to keep us from going to this world, play your cards right and you will be Empress. You could do much good, not just for us Colossi, but also for the Miniatures and even the Specks.”

Sienna walked round the chair, taking Kyla by the hand, she bid her rise.

“Come to bed…My future Empress…” said Sienna sexily," you need rest before visiting your Miniature people tomorrow. I think you will be most pleased at seeing their accomplishments.”

Chapter 8 by Gille


Kyla had been restless, unable to sleep much at all.

Her mind kept replaying the one sided conversation with the Empress. She had spoken of a migration of peoples as she termed it, in preparation for colonization.

Bureaucratic speak, to Kyla, none of it sounded good.

When the grandfather clock in their outer sitting room struck 4AM, Kyla could stay in bed no longer.

Sliding away from a snoring Sienna, she stood and stretched her nearly ten foot frame. With a sigh she looked down at herself. Short sleeved tee of red with the imperial crest, red and gold plaid shorts which rose very high on her long legs.

Sienna wore a long sleeve top and long pants to bed and after berating Kyla for her choice in skimpy sleep wear, had immediately snuggled up to her for warmth. Kyla had long known she was a good generator of heat, no need to swaddle herself in heavy pajamas.

Moving though the darkened room, she picked up a pair of socks and put them on. No slippers for her, they made her feet sweat. She was about to dress in her usual running gear when she happened to look out the window.

Snow was falling.

“No run today.” She uttered soft, no matter how much she loved to exercise, snow was not something she liked to run through.

Grabbing a housecoat laying across the chair, she mumbled in vexation when she quickly realized it was Sienna’s. Comically too short and wouldn’t tie round her. Finding the correct garment, Kyla tied it round her waist, and left Sienna to sleep.

As the Empress would be visiting this coming Friday, Kyla decided perhaps an inspection tour of the main floors was in order. But first to the kitchen.

As with every appearance she made, all work stopped. The halflings looking way up at her with awe mixed with a healthy dose of fear. They were just starting the day, having a moment of companionship by sitting round a little table with coffee cups in hand.

Without a word, Kyla glided over to one of the cabinets to fetch a coffee mug. Sienna loved the Solstice so much so she even had commissioned a set of festive daily china for the household to use. It was a tricky business, ordering china for people of such disparate sizes. Huge cups and plates for her and Sienna, reduced ones for the Halflings, and tiny ones for the Miniatures. Mini coffee cups were smaller than her fingernail.

In the silence, she poured herself a cup, draining the dregs from the small pot. Rather perturbed it didn’t fill her cup. Then she realized that in her sleepy state she had used the Halflings coffee pot.
Stupid.

“Apologies, I took all your coffee.”

“We’ll put another pot on Mistress, nothin’ to it.” One of the Halflings said cheerily as Kyla shifted to the coffee maker built to their scale.

“Here…” Gracefully she took the larger pot and refilled on the Halfling cups. “Tide you over while you wait for another pot to brew.”

The Halflings sat in stunned shock as the Viceroy filled their cups.

“Many…thanks Mistress!” Blurted one as she left the kitchens.

Seeing that the lights were on, Kyla walked down the gallery into the grand state dining room. She looked about the space. This was a fanciful recreation of a great hall in some ancient castle.

Course, she and Sienna had visited some Ancient Castles, at the time, her wife wanting ideas for how to decorate their new home. After a bit of frustration, Kyla decided it best to wait outside as Sienna took the tour, she was just too big to fit in the little rooms.

A huge wooden ceiling soared a full 100 feet from which hung massive chandeliers. On the walls enormous tapestries depicting the formation of the Empire, others showcasing the diversity of the lands she ruled as Viceroy. In the center the long double wide table for dining, its wood gleaming in the by the light of the Chandeliers.

The centerpiece of the grand room was the marble fireplace which was triple fronted by three separate fire boxes. Above the mantle were figures sculpted in bas-relief depicting the coronation of the first Empress. The marble covered flue, rising all the way to the ceiling.

The room was so chilly, Kyla could see her breath. Intolerable, as the Halflings and Minis would be working in this space all day. Walking over to a pad on the wall she turned on the heating units, then after setting her coffee cup upon a side table, moved with expediency to place wood in all three fireplaces, in about 20 minutes, all were beginning to put out some heat. The amount of wood these hearths consumed was prodigious, but she did have 1200 square miles of woodland surrounding the manor.

Walking back to get her coffee was when she noticed them. The Minis had camped out in the room all night. Kyla frowned, it was much too cold to be sleeping in here, but here they were, 300 of them lined up on the fireplace mantle. Little buckets and mops standing near, obviously they’d been cleaning late, evidently mopping down the mantle when work halted. The little things were all huddled together, using each other for warmth.

“Unacceptable” she said soft. The little ones were obviously very tired, they hadn’t woke even with Kyla moving logs into the fireplaces.

Looking about, she spied cloth napkins piled on a ready table. Grabbing a couple she laid them ever so gently over the sleeping Minis, feeling gratified when they reflexively curled up in them.

Grabbing her cup of coffee, she, drew her robe tighter about her, then sat in one of the ornate high back chairs by the fireplace. The logs were fully engulfed now, and the heat felt nice.

Kyla took a sip of coffee… it was cold.

She frowned, while setting it aside.

Moments later, a Halfling refilled it, then vanished out of the room.

“Good service.” She muttered soft, so as to not wake the sleeping Minis, though if moving logs hadn’t woke them, certainly her voice shouldn’t.

They were incredibly cute these tiny people, Kyla reflected and quite hardy to sleep in so cold a room.

Crossing her legs, Kyla took a sip of coffee, thinking about what needed to be done, and how she could stall for time with the Empress. She had no desire to be sent to another planet, but there were upsides… This new world was far from the rest of the Empire. It would give her far more latitude to do as she pleased.

A tap on her foot, startled Kyla out of thought. She looked down.

“Amarice!” she rasped. “Girl you must be careful, a wrong move of my foot and you could have been hurt!”

“I trust you Viceroy, you would never do such.” The mini replied while climbing into her open palm.

“Not if I don’t see you!” Retorted Kyla crossly.

Amarice remained silent in the face of those piercing blue eyes. The Viceroy had raised her up to a spot directly in front of her face.

“Um… are we going to run?” the Mini asked quietly.

“No girl, not today, it is snowing out.”

The little thing hopped in her hand. “I love snow!” she said in excitement. “Last year all in our town worked together to build a large snowman, then we had hot cider.” Amarice halted speaking for a moment, looking as if she was considering something. It caused Kyla to quirk one eyebrow up. Suddenly the mini began to laugh, a gentle lilting laugh which caused Kyla to hike her eyebrow higher.

“What is so amusing girl?”

Amarice, immediately stopped her laugher hearing the tone in in her Viceroy’s question.

“Many apologies great Viceroy. I just pictured the snowman we built and how big it was, then I pictured you.” Amarice giggled. “Big to us, is not big to you.”

Kyla snorted, while moving to place the mini on her chest, covering her with a hand.
Her little… friend… was cold. Kyla could feel the chill on Amarice. “I do not like you Minis sleeping in a cold room.” She pronounced.

Amarice snugged into the warmth of the Viceroy, knowing she should tread carefully. “Many apologies Viceroy, we stayed in the manor much later than normal due to the amount of work needing to be finished. It is a very long walk back to town, so the question was raised to go back or stay and we voted to stay.

“How democratic of you.” Kyla said acerbic. “I was not informed of this…vote. Certainly, I have a say in the matter?”

“Your will is supreme. Many apologies great Viceroy for not asking you, we did not mean to offend. It was felt if we slept here we might get started all the earlier today.”

“What work must be done?”

“Oh much! The table must be set, the great solstice tree must be brought in and decorated, and garland must adorn the fireplace. The choir loft must be cleaned, the great organ readied so you may have music during dinner.”

“Amarice, I know your people are most capable, but to bring in a tree—“

“Oh, no.” Amarice giggled, the Halflings do that we place the decorations as we are far more precise than they can be.”

Kyla was shocked at the amount of work. Inwardly, she berated herself having become accustomed to all being as it should, paying no mind to the amount of effort it took.

“Then the great ballroom must be readied, four trees will need be decorated there…”

“Just hearing it is making me tired.” Kyla responded causing Amarice to giggle.

“Oh but we get to see you today great Viceroy, all are so excited!”

“See me?” asked Kyla.

“Yes, on the View screen!” We are allowed to halt work to watch! All of us shall be so proud seeing one as great as you are deeming our people worthy of a visit.”

What she had been dreading, these little people had been eagerly anticipating. She owed it to them to put on a grand show, to reinforce the idea that their people were… equals. It was sometimes difficult for her to think that way, difficult for most colossi. The minis were so tiny, it was easy to believe they were helpless, which was not true. Sure they needed a bit of protection, but they were creative and independent, proof of that was just them being here in this massive room cleaning.

“Might I be of some service Viceroy?”

Kyla looked up to see the Mini head of house-keeping looking down at her from the mantle.
“No.” She rose from her chair. It was time to wake Sienna and begin preparations for the day. Ever so carefully she deposited little Amarice on the mantle.

“I…” Kyla faltered. “…worry about your people having to sleep in such a cold room. Next time I want the heating units on, understand?”

“Yes, Viceroy.” Old Giedia bowed low.

“Make sure all your people get a good breakfast.” Kyla raised a hand finger pointing ominously at the little house keep. “They will be working very hard today I hear.”

“Yes, Viceroy.”

“Good dinner and supper as well.”
“Of course Viceroy.”

“After you finish, you…ah… may celebrate with a few pints of cider from the wine cellar, not too much mind you, I do not wish to come home tonight to find drunken Minis everywhere.”

“Never, Viceroy!”

“Good, I leave you to it then.”

“I never will understand that woman.” Said Giedia as the giant Viceroy walked away, “Every time I figure I have her pegged, a new side of her personally shows.”

Amarice clasped her hands in front, listening intently.

Giedia, cast her gaze upon Amarice causing her to steel herself, one never knew with the old woman.

“You’ve done much to break the ice in her heart.”

“Me?” Amarice was confused.

“Yes, you. She sees us as more than Minis, more than servants, she sees us as people.”

“She always saw us as people.” Amarice felt compelled to defend the Viceroy.

“Perhaps you’re right, but you’ve breached her wall of indifference.”

“Now to work!” with a clap of her hands Giedia moved to rouse the sleeping minis. Leaving a stunned Amarice behind.

**
“What did you think their city looked like?” asked an amused Sienna.

“Well, I… I didn’t think these people would have…”

“Skyscrapers?” Sienna suggested helpfully.

“Hardly, what I would call skyscrapers.”

“To you they aren’t Viceroy because you are giant. You will note many of their buildings are taller than me.”

“Because you are short.”

Sienna laughed, “Short is a very relative term Viceroy.”

“They have shuttles, and wide boulevards filled with shops, parks…”

“Of course they do, what did you think their city would look like?”

Kyla pondered that a moment. “I…I don’t know really. Maybe like the one in our gardens?”

“Oh sweetheart, I designed that to look like a medieval village so it would fit in with the rest of our home. Here…” Sienna gestured “is a proper Mini city, and within your people wait to greet you.”

“I still feel out of place.” Kyla looked down at herself for a moment. The Empress, like many before her, had a deep fascination with Ancient Rome. Kyla had been required to go to the former state of Italy often so see the ruins of the little coliseum and the Forum. It was said the Empress had a model of ancient Rome in her vast private gardens on the islands once known as New Zealand.

Her armor served no practical purpose other than show. A Roman bronze helmet with a stylized metal horsehair plume. Quilted doublet, overlaid with a currais of bronze armor. A flaud leather skirt dyed imperial red, embossed in the Roman style. Long black boots with metal knee protectors.

No cape, which would be a disaster should it catch on something.

“I feel out of place as well Viceroy.” Kyla looked back at Sienna, beautifully dressed in a long gown of white, when she walked, golden leg armor as high as her knees peeked out from under that shimmering dress. “It’s a good feeling Viceroy, in our hubris, we colossi think all should be built to our scale, not so here, we are the outsiders in their world now.”

Far below, the Mini’s cheered as Kyla stepped though the shield barrier followed by Sienna. On the tops of their diminutive skyscrapers whole groups of the little people waved.

“They love you Viceroy.”

Kyla looked down to see pure joy in the eyes of her wife. Sienna clasping her hand as the two proceeded to walk down the wide street toward the center of their city.

**
“I’m very glad we practiced.” Kyla set Governor Baroun down upon her desk. Then took off her stupid Roman helmet and tossed it into a nearby chair.

“Here we go.” Sienna had returned, dressed far more casual, wearing sweats and a long sleeved tee. In her hands a tray holding everything they needed for a light lunch.

“My love, the Halflings could have—“

“It’s no trouble,” Sienna set the tray down, mindful of the little governor.

“Oh!” Kyla grinned, “I love these!”

Baroun watched in awe as the giant Viceroy, daintily picked up an entire brisket between thumb and forefinger and devoured it whole. It was unnerving to see so huge a creature casually consume something which would easily feed a dozen of his people. It was also frightening to think that giant maw could also eat him whole if she chose to.

“Kyla! Mind your manners!” chastised Sienna. “Guests first.”

“Oh it’s quite--” Baroun stopped speaking watching as the Viceroy, licked her lips while looking down as him almost predatorily.

“My apologies Governor.” The little man backed up a bit as a table his size was set before him. “I have a fondness for brisket.” Said Kyla while sneaking another, popping it into her mouth to devour in the same manner as before.

“He can see that Viceroy. Maybe he’d like a bit, before you eat it all?”

“Of course, ah…” Kyla paused, there was no way to be delicate about it, and so she simply picked up a brisket and deposited it on a teeny silver platter in front of the Governor. “I did wash my hands, Baroun.” Taking a mini sized bowl in hand she dipped it carefully into the massive tureen, then set it down in front of him as Sienna supplied him with a seat.

“May I dine with you, or do you have some business to discuss.”

Baruon looked up from his bowl of tomato soup. “We do Lady Sienna, but I should like you to stay if possible, you have always been a true friend to us Minis.”

“Alright.” Sienna happily plopped down on the other side of Kyla’s desk moving to serve Kyla and herself some soup. “Viceroy, if you should think about it, perhaps it would be good of you to thank the minis in the kitchen for taking the time to smoke these briskets, you know how busy they are getting all ready for the Empress’ arrival.”

“Very well.”

The response from the Viceroy caused Baroun some interest. She was not known to care much about her servants.

“Now, Governor….” Kyla flared out her folded napkin, then dropped it gracefully into her lap.

“What news?” she asked curt.

“Let him eat a moment!” Sienna commanded.

“Tell me after you’ve tried the brisket, then.”

Baruon, taking knife and fork to hand sliced into the meat, then took a bite.

“Well?” asked Kyla while arching an eyebrow.

“It is delicious Viceroy.”

“Don’t just tell her that to suck up to her Baruon.” Sienna nearly laughed as Kyla feigned a pout.

“It is wonderful.” He defended, causing Kyla to smile smugly at her wife.

“Viceroy,” Baroun became most serious. “Word has reached me that the Empress has commanded every mini across the globe to resettle in you lands.”

Kyla set down her spoon. “Strange that I have not heard of this, are you sure Governor?”

“Yes.”

“I see…” Blue eyes flicked up to Sienna for a moment, seeing the worry in her eyes.

Kyla reflected on the words used by the Empress in their conversation.

“Tell me Baroun, are you loyal?”

The little man was clearly insulted by the remark, or at least he pretended to be. “I am most loyal to the Empire!”

“No…” Sienna said low, she wants to know if you are loyal to her.”

The little man’s shoulders slumped as he realized what was truly being asked. “You both have long proved to be friends to my people. Our loyalty is yours, Viceroy.

“I am glad to hear it.” Kyla leaned forward, till her face filled the entirety of his view. “Because I believe I know what the Empress has planned.”

Chapter 9 by Gille

On the eve of the Empress’ visit was the Solstice.

As was the custom in the great household, all gathered together, this time in the grand ballroom, the massive space being appropriated for the celebration. In four hearths, spread at equal intervals along one wall, great fires blazed. Along the other wall stood massive and beautifully decorated Solstice Trees. The golden curtains on the windows had been opened, allowing for a view of the falling snow and the formal gardens beyond. Every inch of shrubbery covered in a beautiful layer of white.

Each year, Sienna made sure to gift the Halflings, and the Minis with new house livery, pants, shirts, shoes, levels of dress for every occasion from workday wear, to formal. In addition, each member of the household, high or low received a bonus of 2,000 credits. Money to be spent in any way they might please. Lastly, as the Mini’s lived separate within their own city, Sienna always gave them a choice of a mini sized ham, goose, or a turkey to have for their family feast.

A bit of formality, then dinner could officially begin. After seeing that wine was poured for all, Kyla stood and as she did so, the room fell silent. As well it should, the Viceroy was a commanding presence, dressed in her white Imperial tunic, midnight black pants with shined boots, and white cape.

Her crystal glass rose, “To Zeus and the Olympians” she toasted, her words being repeated by the multitude within the room.

“To the Empress, long may she reign.” Kyla’s enthusiasm appeared dampened to Sienna, and rightly so in her opinion. Looking about, it appeared none had noticed, a good thing.

“To our Empress.” All repeated.

“To our Empire, one flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one Realm evermore."

“To the Empire.” Replied all, before taking a drink.

Sienna rose from her chair. “To our Viceroy, long may she reign.”

All repeated the toast with vigor.

After a sip of wine, Kyla shifted from her place at the head of the table, handing the carving knife to Sienna. This was a loving tribute to her hard work in keeping the great household organized. As Sienna cut into the goose, so did the heads of departments at every table, from Halflings to Mini’s. Giant bird to the smallest, all were carved and served, the Solstice feast beginning in earnest.

“I am most impressed Viceroy,” Said the Governor of the European states. “Here under your roof, Colossi, Halfling, and even Mini’s are seen as equals.”

“Here they are, Governor.” Kyla looked to the woman while taking another sip. “All contribute to this household, and all contribute to the Empire, more outside these walls need to realize that.”

“You mean to say the Minis actually contribute?” The Governor of India asked. “At their size, what could they possibly do in such a grand estate?”

“You will note the beautiful light emanating from the chandeliers and sconces,” Sienna smiled at the woman…

“I do Lady Sienna.” the Colossi Governor responded.

“They wired them, as they are doing to the rest of this old manor.”

“They are running wire! Amazing!”

“Not just wiring.” Sienna added after a bite. “They have re-engineered the power system.”

“You’re joshing.”

“No Torquemada, they are.” Kyla defended. “And doing a dammed good job of it. Did you not see the city the Minis have built? The one I visited”

“I believed we had built it for them.” The small man replied.

Sienna laughed. “Wrong, they are quite inventive. Our little Minis, are doing a far better job than we have at city planning I daresay.”

“True…” the Governor of Southeast Asia agreed. “But they thrive only due to our protection.

“As does every Colossi, Governor.” Sienna leaned over a bit to look directly at the Woman seated a bit further down the long table. Think of it, when the Viceroy was in active service in our military, she defended all in the Empire to include every Colossi sitting at home fat and happy.”

“But, what of the Specks then?” asked Torquemada, I will admit, the display case you have them in is most impressive, but they truly do thrive only because of your beneficence Viceroy.

“Ah, you’ve all seen it then?” Asked Kyla of her Governors. Noting nods all round.

“It is most Impressive Viceroy. I was amazed at the cute little sea you’ve created, never having seen the tiny whales myself. The Governor of the Mongolian states spoke.

“All credit goes to my wife,” Kyla smiled at Sienna. Setting down her fork, she clasped her wife’s hand a moment.

“Even so, you must admit how hopelessly tiny and primitive they are.” Torquemada pressed. “Their whole world is currently displayed on your great State Dining Table for the amusement of our Empress when she visits tomorrow.”

“Perhaps, but, I am open to the idea that given the chance, they can evolve Torquemada.” Kyla set down her knife and fork to reach for her wine glass.

“Think of it,” Sienna began. “Within one Imperial year, I have watched them go from rooting round for seeds and berries, to farming and building villages. Why, they now have gained the ability to build structures out of rock, mortared together. It will be little time before they begin building with cut stones.”

“With due respect Lady Sienna, I say again they do so only due to your protection.”

Sienna nodded, acceding to Torquemada’s point.

“And truly, they live so short a span, what one Imperial year?” asked the Governor of the Pacific Rim states.

“While they live only a brief span, the knowledge they gather lives on beyond them. I think it only a matter of time before the specks learn of our language—“

“And of their true place in our world.” Added Torquemada, causing laughter amongst those as the table.

“And…” Kyla spoke fast, to cut off any biting retort from Sienna. “If they do demonstrate ability as Sienna hopes, rather than feeling smugly superior, we should applaud their achievement of taking a step into the wider world about them.”

“Fair enough Viceroy.” Torquemada agreed.

**
“Amarice you must sing!”

“Oh, no!” the Mini was aghast at the suggestion by those round her at the little table set upon the mantle of one of the great fireplaces. “My singing is best left for the shower.”
The Minis at table laughed as did Lady Sienna, standing near.

“You will not sing for your Viceroy?” Sienna feigned offence. “Refusing to add more joy to the evening?” All should hear how beautifully you sing.”

Now Amarice was in a spot. Taking cider glass in hand she took a long draught, causing all at table to laugh raucously. Even Lady Sienna and the Viceroy laughed.

“Come now, let me hear you sing girl.”

There was no backing out now, the Viceroy had ordered it.

Rising from the table Amarice, walked the short distance to where the orchestra was seated, her long formal dress swishing as she did so. Speaking a few words to the mini conductor, she was relieved when he, and the orchestra knew the tune.

Sienna led her wife out to the dance floor, the first dance being theirs due to long standing ceremony.

With a flourish of notes as introduction, the orchestra then paused as Sienna bowed low to the Viceroy.

Amarice stepped to one of many tiny microphones, clearing her throat with such awkwardness, all in the ballroom laughed.

She began soft.

“I am so awful timid, it is quite a painful thing.
And if you should look at me I really cannot sing;
So if you wish to hear my song, don't stare at me, I pray,
But place your hands before your eyes, and look at me this way.


It was a tune the Viceroy knew well, being that it was quite popular. In perfect time, she led Sienna in a fast step who smiled up at her in joy. The many Governors rose to the feet, right along with the Halflings and Minis, to all sing the chorus.

I'm so shy, I'm so shy, go away, sir, I'm so timid.
Don't intrude, don't be rude, get away, sir, no closer, sir.

Amarice found a bit more confidence, her voice reflecting it for the second stanza.

“I'm very fond of dancing, but I dare not meet the beaux,
For when at me they're glancing I blush down to my toes;
I never had a sweetheart yet but what I was afraid,
And if to me too close he'd get. Why this appeal I've made.”


“This is how I wish it could always be.” Said Sienna after a quick glance round the room. “All of us living together happily, seeing the other as equal to themselves.”

“I'm so shy, I'm so shy, go away, sir, I'm so timid.
Don't intrude, don't be rude, get away, sir, no closer, sir.”


“You are a dreamer Sienna. Praise be.” With a gesture, Kyla invited, the Governors and their small Colossi husbands to dance. Same with the Halflings and the Minis. Those unfortunate to not have a partner, clapped in time with the tune.

“I really can't endure it to be so awful shy,
I've often wished to cure it, but all in vain to try;
And when I wish to seem at ease, I blush and tremble so
That people notice me and tease, which makes it worse, you know.”

Amarice beamed as Lady Sienna winked at her.

“I'm so shy, I'm so shy, go away, sir, I'm so timid.
Don't intrude, don't be rude, get away, sir, no closer, sir.”

It was a night to be long remembered.

**I'M SO SHY. Copyright, 1885, by Chas. D. Blake & Co. **

**

In the sky above thousands of Imperial fighters, screamed though the air in massed formations. Higher above, the massive warships of the Imperial fleet hovered.

Kyla, Sienna, and Every single Governor knelt as the Empress stepped down from her shuttle.

“Rise, my servants.”

All did so.

“Your Imperial Majesty, a pleasure to have you visit.” Said Kyla as the two walked the long path toward the grand entrance to the estate. Sienna fell in behind, after her the many Governors strode.

The old woman said nothing, her wood cane tapping on the concrete as she walked.

Into the house they marched. The Empress stopping to gaze at the large portrait hanging in the entrance hall. A younger version of herself, astride a beautiful horse, dressed in all her regalia. A fanciful rendition, as she was far too big for any horse to bear.

Tucking a long strand of grey hair behind one ear, she looked down at the household servants lined up by department.

“You and Sienna were always so eclectic Viceroy.”

“How so Empress?”

“Of all my Viceroy’s and many Governors, you are the only one to employ so many Halflings. Most, like myself have long used robots, but here you are, trifling with actual living servants.”

“Majesty, I find that people provide warmth, robots are both cold and impersonal.” Sienna said from behind.

The old woman turned, steel grey eyes looking down at Sienna condescendingly.

“Your family was quite poor I hear, that you brought little to this marriage by way of dowry.”
“And this?” asked the Empress, “A pretty little babble,” her finger slid under the sapphire necklace worn by Sienna. “Costly too I should think.”

“A Solstice gift, majesty from my kind and generous wife.”

“There is more to love than money, Majesty.” Kyla defended respectfully. “Money alone gives little happiness, unless you use it to give some measure joy every now and then.”

“You’ve done well Lady Sienna. I hear your family is quite rich due to the indulgence of the Viceroy, they want for nothing it is said.”

“All true Majesty,” Sienna conceded while looking up as the 14 foot Empress, “but like myself all in my family chose to work, chose to contribute to our Empire.”

“My Empire.” Snapped the Empress while clasping her hands behind her to gaze down at the frightened Minis at her boots.

“What are these for then? Toys?”

“No, Empress. They are employed at the estate.”

“I doubt they are of much use. You indulge your wife too much Viceroy. A firmer hand is needed.”

Sienna bit her lip, to quell a cutting riposte.

“In any case, I will see how they perform during my time here.”

“I believe you will be pleasantly surprised, Empress.”

The old woman swept past. Walking to the grand stair, and up to her apartments.
Kyla did not fail to notice Sienna’s harsh look as the Empress departed.

**
All within the State Dining Room watched as the Empress, with Kyla standing behind made the announcement to all within the Empire.

“My people, I bring joyous news!” said the Empress with crooked smile. “Ships of our Empire have found livable planets far from our own Solar system. Three worlds, which I have directed to be colonized, more living space for our grand Empire.”

Under the lights of the cameras the Empress deliberately paused, allowing the news to sink in to those watching.

“Over the past three years, I have ordered a massive fleet constructed which will transport our people to these new worlds. These ships will lift off bearing not only Colossi, but Halflings and Minis as well. I place in charge of the mission my Viceroy to Eurasia and we all wish her much success!”

The feed was cut, and in the stunned silence which followed, the Empress moved to be seated. Her personal servants alone serving her dinner.

No toasts, no ceremony, just the gentle clinking of china.

“All the Halflings and Minis’ will be sent.” The Empress decreed.

Sienna nearly dropped her fork.

“All, Empress?” she gasped in shock.

“Yes.” The old woman said curt. “She doesn’t hear well does she?” Kyla remained stoic, but inwardly fumed.

“This planet.” The old Empress began, projecting her voice so as to be heard by all. “Will be finally rid of the weaker peoples so that we Colossi may live unhindered, free to grow larger and more powerful without their sapping our resources.”

Sienna was disheartened to hear applause from some of those at table.

“You may even take these worthless specks, Lady Sienna.” Reaching out, the old woman took one finger and ran it along the force field. The little things within running about madly due to her action.

“Why must you be so cruel to them?”

“They are weak, and useless, unworthy of respect.”

Kyla cringed, knowing she had used those same words many a time in describing the specks.
“But what gives us the right—“

“We are the biggest that is what gives us the right!” Reaching out the Empress suddenly struck Governor Baruon with a finger. It was Sienna who caught the Mini, keeping him from tumbling completely off the table.

“Are you alright? She asked, the little man held within her hand.

“My ribs have been broken.” He said clasping his side.

“You see my dear, weak and pathetic, with just a flick of a finger, I hurt him.”

Sienna could only look back at the old witch with hatred burning in her eyes.

“Careful of what you say next my dear, I would hate to see you in chains.”

“Might I be excused then most…gracious…Empress.” growled Sienna.

“Oh, why not, see to the health of your little toy.” The Empress raised her glass for a third time, a servant moving to fill it.

Sienna was up and gone…

“And you…” now the Empress' vitriol was directed solely at Kyla. “I watched your display in the mini city and was disgusted by the way you debased yourself, and my Empire, by actually treating these people as if equal.”

“The Empire has declared they are equal.” Kyla reminded.

“Would that I could, I’d strip all these little things of rights. My predecessor was a fool, thinking we could live as equals.” She pronounced to all at table. “Here my Viceroy, goes and visits their little city, speaks sweet words, and offers much flattery. Not a way for a true Colossi to act amongst those who are inferior.”

“I have defended this Empire, like a true Colossi.” Kyla said low.

“And I defended it since before you were born!” replied the Empress with contempt.

“Did you really think that you’d be able to out maneuver me?” the Empress sneered at Kyla. “I the elder lion, craftier and more able than you? You are just a young pup, easily defeated by one such as me.”

The old woman cackled smugly.

“I know well of your plan. An attempt to get my Viceroy’s to vote for you upon my death? Maybe try to get them to vote for my removal on the grounds of senility?”

“Yes.” Kyla said with force. “Nothing treasonous about that, as you have said you are the elder lion, having ruled for some 200 Imperial years.”

“Luckily I had good Torquemada to tell me of your bedroom whispers.” The Empress laughed again seeing the glare Kyla leveled at the man.

“Meet my new Viceroy of Eurasia.”

The little bastard smiled gleefully.

“Torquemada now rules, you are relieved Viceroy.”

Kyla sat numb…

“Tomorrow you shall report to the Baikonur Cosmodrome, There you will oversee arrangements for your imminent departure.”

“Also, please do take your servants, these Halflings and specks, I do not want them to dishonor this great home any longer.” Jeered Torquemada.

“Spoken like a true Colossi.” Added the Empress.

“Then, by your leave I shall depart,” Kyla moved to rise. The clasp of the Empress’ cold hand stopped her.

“Don’t fret my dear, by the time you reach this new world, I will be long gone and so will all present here tonight.”

“Why is that?”

Because your ships have only minimal warp drive. We could not have both quarters for so many millions, and a large warp drive. It will take a 1,000 years for you to reach your destination, as such, you will be placed in stasis. A 1,000 years will seem like a good night’s sleep to you.

“You condemn us all to a barren world.”

“No. You will find a fully habitable world, the robots you distain so much are hard at work, terraforming the landscape and building cities. The largest planet will be populated by Colossi, those weaklings among us that think much like your wife, that inferiors should have rights.

“Halflings and Mini’s will have cities on the moons.”

Kyla could hardly believe what she was hearing.

“Oh, one more thing said the Empress pleasantly. “The universe you find around you when you wake will be much smaller I bet. I’ve ordered the virus we Colossi carry to be placed on probes and sent to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Why, you may find yourself shrinking as well when you reach the planet, I’ve ordered it laced again with the virus. I wish I could live to see you, the larger than life war hero, the great Kyla, small as a speck.”

“Maybe,” replied Kyla with an evil smile. “Or maybe it will cause us to grow bigger?”

Her words gave the Empress pause.

“Take her and the rest in this household to the Cosmodrome.” Ordered Torquemada.

Guards immediately surrounded Kyla who was hauled away.

“Don’t you worry about making an enemy?” asked the nearby Governor of India. “Sending her off to—“

“You forget, we have a thousand years to advance while our enemies stand still.” Replied the Empress. “Much as I hate to admit, Kyla is a most efficient manager, her hatred of me will spur her on to create an amazing society. In a 1,000 years our people shall be even bigger, able to conquer their planet with hardly lifting a thumb.”

Those round the table laughed.

“A toast!” The Empress rose and all at table followed.

“To an Earth free of vermin!”

Chapter 10 by Gille

“Get in.”

Kyla looked down at the sterile coffin which would enclose her for one thousand years.

“I had thought I would be coordinating—“

“You were mistaken, Get in.” The colossi woman raised the blaster in her hand a tad higher.

Kyla wracked her brain, trying to think of something, anything she could do to salvage the situation they had found themselves in.

There was none.

She looked to Sienna…

Her wife nodded, understanding nothing could be done.

“What of the Mini’s and the specks?” asked Sienna.

“The Minis are being rounded up and put into stasis, the specks are too small to put into stasis. What we find, we’ll put into your habitat. You will have to hope they survive the next 1,000 years.”

Now tears began to fall, sliding feely down Sienna’s cheeks. “This is all my fault. My experiments with equality have led us here.”

Despite the order from the guard, Kyla moved to hug her wife for what would be the last time in 1,000 years.

“It is not your fault,” Kyla said soft. “I am glad we are leaving. I am ashamed now that I can see that the system I fought for, that I helped sustain through my actions, it…“

“How evil it all is.” Sienna finished.

Kyla was quite proud in that moment, seeing her wife square her shoulders and lift her chin slightly in defiance. “Then I am glad to be leaving as well. We… you…” Sienna took Kyla’s hand,” …will create a better world, a better place for us all.”

Sienna stepped into the stasis unit, then lay down. Kyla knew her wife was afraid, but refused to let it show.

She knelt, touching her lips to Sienna’s for a moment. “I will see you again, in 1,000 years. If not then, we shall see each other in the world that is to come after this life.”

“I will love you for eternity.”

“And I you.” Replied Kyla.

Sienna took her last breath of freedom, then shut her eyes as Kyla closed the lid. Sensing an occupant, the unit powered up, moments later, Sienna was in perfect stasis.

Her wife duly taken care of, Kyla moved to lie in the unit reserved for her. There was no special treatment here. These units were lined up, row after row…after row.

The colossi guard looked to either side quickly, then moved to kneel, if only for a moment. She raised her right hand, balling it into a fist to then touch it to her left shoulder.

Kyla was stunned by the clear oath of allegiance to her by the guard, so much so, she could not speak.

“Many of us, within the Imperial Military are choosing to stand with you…Empress.”
Before she could react, the woman closed the lid.

The world faded around her…
**
A click, and with the release of pressurized air and the unit opened.

Blue eyes fluttered open.

For a fleeting moment, she believed she was home, in the manor before the reality of her situation crashed down about her again.

Unsteadily, Kyla rose from the tomb which had encased her for 1,000 years, actually 1,200 years by the chronometer. She groaned mightily while attempting to stand. More than a Millennium in stasis was hard on the body.

Immediately she stumbled over to where Sienna lay. When she looked to be okay, Kyla wept and continued to do so until Sienna touched her lips to hers.

“I was so worried for you. If something had happened to you I’d of…”

“Shhh…I’m here my love, we are here, together still.” Sienna said soft, then kissed Kyla even more deeply.

Helping her up, they both took stock of themselves, dressed exactly as they had been when put in the units. Sienna wearing her formal dress, Kyla in her Imperial uniform. What they had been wearing to the state dinner, and then in the dungeon overnight before being loaded on the transport.

“Can you walk?”

Sienna nodded, curious about all the others. As they moved into the passageway, they were greeted by the ships computer who kindly directed the way to the bridge by lighting the walkway.

“It would appear we are the first to wake.” Sienna wrapped an arm round Kyla, her legs still stiff.

“Yes.” Kyla said soft as they got into the lift.

Sienna looked up at her in amusement.

“What?!” asked Kyla, her brows knitting in confusion as she looked down at Sienna.

“Nothing, I was just expecting more than a simple “yes…”

“Yes, my love. It appears that we are the first to wake.”

“Don’t be snide with me, or i'll put you back in that box till you figure out how to be nice. That could take 2,000 years!”

Kyla laughed as the lift began its journey.

The doors opened and the two found themselves on the bridge. Gazing at the massive view screen they took in their new world.

“It’s Green.” Said Sienna nothing the atmosphere.

“That it is.” Kyla chuckled as she stepped up to the controls. She was not a pilot, she was just looking at the readout, the constant stream of information being gleamed by the ship’s sensors.

“Great gods!”

“What?!”

Kyla looked down at Sienna aghast. “This planet is as big as the sun is to Earth!”

“It doesn’t look it, I mean…”

“Over a million Earth’s could fit inside this world.”

Sienna could only look out at the emerald colored planet with awe. It was too much to comprehend. Especially as it seemed to her that they had been on Earth moments ago.
“I see lights!” she cried. “Look there!”

“Well…” Kyla muttered attempted to somehow… highlight…

“Can you zoom in.” asked Sienna.

“I was an infantry officer, I didn’t fly a computer for a living.” Kyla groused. “Looks like we are about to find out though, this ship is preparing for landing.

“Look at this!”

Kyla turned away from the screen and followed Sienna’s gaze.

What she saw was amazing…

Sienna knelt… “I always believed they could advance and look at them now…” she rasped… “Just look at them now…”

A city lay before them in all its tiny glory. More modern, more sophisticated than anything either of them had ever seen. Than anything the Colossi could have ever created.

“Hello.”

Both women toppled over each other being spooked by the voice.

“Are you the keepers that were foretold would someday return?” The voice asked from within.

“I…” Sienna was at a complete loss as to what to say. “Who is this?”

“Cidada, leader of the great council.”

“I can’t really see you.” Sienna muttered.

“Not surprising, we are very small, and you very large.”

Kyla laughed.

“Who are you?” the voice asked.

After giving her amused love an annoyed look, she did the introductions.

“My name is Sienna and this is Kyla.”

“You are the Keepers! The great protectors of legend who saved us!”


“Well…” Sienna looked to Kyla. “I…I… don’t know if I’d go that far… you see.”

“It is a very long story.” Kyla spoke up inwardly amused at actually talking to specks. Sienna was right, they were people, always had been. She should have trusted her wife to know in her heart what was right.

“We are so happy to finally speak with you!” Tears of joy ran down Sienna’s cheeks.
**
“Empress, our honor to serve you.”

“Quit calling me that!” barked Kyla. “This is not the Empire, this is…Botany Bay.”

The kneeling Imperial officer rose to her feet. A smile upon her lips, she understanding the reference from ancient earth history.

“Still, we need a leader, someone must make decisions?” the Colossi woman persisted.

Kyla sat upon the temple steps, looking past the woman to the city beyond. The Empress, in her moronic fascination with Rome had ordered the robots to construct their city based upon what that ancient city looked like. Beyond the stone temples and walls vast farmlands lay. This terraformed planet had resources enough sustain billions if necessary.

“We do need a leader.” Little Baroun said from within the palm of her hand.

“I don’t want to lead.” Kyla fairly whined. “I just want to live out my days in peace and…”

“That is not your path.” Sienna responded, before laying her head down on Kyla’s shoulder. In the far distance, the giant transport ships were continuing to land. What a waste it was. The Empress had spent trillions to send them all away because of her delusional belief. Kyla wondered why the Empress had acted in this way, why not just kill them all and be done with it?

“If I do, it will not like was, not like the Empire.” Warned Kyla. Sienna responded to those words by hugging her tight.

“We should vote.” Baroun suggested. On what type of government we want.

“Democracy, has it come to that.” Kyla said caustic. Sienna slapped her playfully on the arm.

“But… Empre… Kyla.” The soldier standing near corrected herself. Kyla couldn’t help but smile at the woman in sympathy. Everything was new, nothing like it was before.

“If we vote, if a Mini is chosen, does that mean-”

“We follow a Mini.” Kyla replied.

The colossi soldier blinked. “But what if a speck should-”

“Then we follow a speck…” Kyla could not believe she had said the words.

All the Colossi in the Forum were too astounded to speak.

“If it’s a speck, we’ll just have to, make sure we don’t, ah… accidently lose our leader…” Quipped Kyla.

Sienna slapped her again on the arm.

She stood rising to her full imposing height. Being careful of Baroun, still within her hand. Kyla walked down the stone steps.

“Pracyra is it?”

“Yes Kyla.” The Imperial officer replied.

“If we are to make it here, we must all work together, all of us, Mini, Colossi, and even Speck.”

“We shall try.”

“No, not good enough.” Kyla admonished, “We must.”

Chapter 11 by Gille


“You have been selected.”

Kyla let her shoulders slump forward as she looked down at Baroun. The Mini watching as the new Empress collapsed into a pilot’s seat.

“Empress!” cried out Pracyra, the Colossi military officer taking a knee before her.

“Get up!” Commanded Kyla. “You are all fools.” She said dejectedly.

“Perhaps so, but we feel you are the best qualified for the job.” A voice sounded from within the tiny city before her. “We need strong leadership and you are a strong leader.”

They were on-board the transport ship which had brought them to this planet. The Colossi and the Halflings and Mini’s had already voted. Now so had the Specks. Kyla would become the first Empress of this New Empire.

“With some restrictions…” The voice within the city sounded again, magnified by the ships com system. The voice being that of Cidada leader of the great council. Looking at her on the view screen, one could forget that the beautiful blonde woman was so small she could easily stand on the inner edge of a fingernail.

“A council of four consisting of a Mini, a Speck, a Halfling, and a Colossi can halt any of your actions by a unanimous vote.”

“Very well.” Kyla quirked an eyebrow at this, certainly it was more restrictions than in the Old Empire where the word of the Empress was law. Still you did not need to be particularly savvy to realize that it would be difficult to achieve an actual vote to halt her actions. The Colossi would always back her. Kyla knew full well, that if she wanted to, she could seize power outright and little could be done to stop her. The men and women of the Imperial Military would side with her and a dictatorship would be formed.

That was not what she wanted.

It had took some convincing, but the Colossi had swallowed their pride and agreed that all should truly be equals here, that they must do this to survive.

“The various agents of the state, will be under the control of the council, police, firemen, judges, and such.”

“As you wish.”

“The Imperial Military will be under your command.” Baroun said soft. “But their oath of allegiance shall be to the Empire, not the Empress. We wish to write a Constitution for the Empire, safeguarding liberties which were absent on Earth.”

“Understood, then if it is the will of our peoples, I accept the title of Empress.” Kyla’s tone was not one of elation, rather weary acceptance.

Sienna hugged her tight, that simple act made all more bearable.

“Since all the members of the council are here now, no better time than now to talk about Priorities.” Kyla urged.

“Agreed.” Baruon spoke for the assembled council members.

“Food.” Kyla stood from the chair and offered Baroun her palm. “We have plenty of.” She continued once the little fella was in her palm. By lottery, land has been divided among the Halflings, Colossi, and Minis.

“And, I must add…Empress.” Pracyra smiled smugly, as Kyla couldn’t tell her not to call her that title now. “The farm land on this planet is so lush and so abundant, that none were upset with the plot they received.”

“A miracle.” Sienna added glibly.

“We have unloaded the various animals of various sizes. In typical Imperial fashion, each grouping of animals was listed by owner, a wonderful list to have as it stopped any arguments over who owned what.” Parcyra continued.

Kyla liked this woman, Parcyra. She was every bit the trained Imperial Officer, intelligent, clear thinking, able to adapt to any situation. A good choice to head up the military.

“Clothing,” Kyla continued, “We will soon have made on planet as the Halflings and Mini traders are already setting up workshops in the city. Others are setting up stores of every kind, a few months and we will have nearly every luxury necessary.”

“Shelter,” has been built for all of us. “Here mostly for Colossi--“

“But the Minis and Halflings wish to stay on this planet, not be moved to either of the Moons.” Baroun cut in.”

“True.” Said Kyla as she carefully sat down next to Sienna in front of the Speck city.

“Now it just a matter of where your people wish to live” Kyla looked into the little city, seeing millions gathered in the streets before her.

Sienna couldn’t help herself, she waved at them earning a bit of annoyed side eye from her wife.

“We wish to be placed on one of the Moons.” The voice from within stated. “We are simply too small to fully live among you, instead we wish to live on a planet we shall scale to us.”

“Done.” Said Kyla.

“Don’t be sad Lady Sienna, you may still visit us.”

“I’d love to.” Sienna said wistfully. “When all is settled.”

“So, we have our needs set, food, shelter, clothing.”

“We need a banking system.” Baruon spoke up from her hand. “People do need money.”

“I have much experience in that Baruon, Kyla shifted a bit. I will see to it. It will be difficult at first, but we will make it if we all work together.”

“I must say Empress that we are woefully unprepared against any foe. Our equipment must be ancient by this time.” Parcyra clasped her hands behind her back while looking at Kyla expectantly.

“True, we must be far behind and I can’t help but think the Empire on Earth will be keen to know how we are progressing.”

“You mean to subjugate us.” Baroun crossed his arms over his chest.

“We shall help.” Everyone on the bridge looked to the Speck city.

“Your Pardon, but—“ Parcyra began condescendingly.

“I know it must seem silly, we who are so small, helping those who are so incredibly large. You forget, that while you have been sleeping for a thousand plus years we have been advancing as a people. Trust me when I say, you will have every tool at your disposal Empress.

“That is most generous.” Kyla responded diplomatically exchanging a glance with Parcyra, the two of them being unconvinced.

The voice from within the city chuckled. “I know how it sounds, but we will make good on this promise. In return, we ask for your commitment to our protection. Even with all our advancements, the universe is a very big place and we very small in comparison.”

“You have our word.” Kyla responded firmly. “Shall I have Parcyra pilot this ship to-“

“Unnecessary, we can pilot this ship.”

Parcyra laughed, “You must be kidding, you’re too small to even press a button.”

Around them the ships systems sprung to life, startling everyone on the bridge.

“We have buttons our size.” All could hear the amusement from the speck sized leader. “Your systems are quite crude, but usable.”

“Well… then… ah. Kyla stood, “We shall leave you to it.”

“We do need your help Empress, we trust only you and Lady Sienna to do it.”

“Be happy to help.” Kyla looked to Sienna a bit warily.

“Oh good!” The voice within said as the ship’s engines came to life. The transport lifting off from the planet surface.

“Cidada, leader of the great council, where are we going?” Sienna asked with trepidation while moving to hold onto Kyla tight.

“To our world of course, we need your help in moving our city to a plot we have selected.”

“Cidada?”

“Yes, Empress?”

“Next time, maybe tell us what your plans are before blasting us into space.”

“Apologies Empress.” Cidada said contritely, but with a heavy dose of amusement in her tone.
**
“Still no word about her?”

“None Kyla.” Sienna replied. “Come to bed.”

“In a bit.”

“You have spent months here love, behind your desk reading and sending notes. You only get up to eat, to exercise, and to sleep and that is only four hours a night. You need to rest.”

“Believe me, I want to…” Kyla took Sienna’s hand guiding her wife into her lap. “Things are getting settled, each day is a little easier as people adjust to our new world. I know you are pleased to see Mini’s and Halflings working alongside us Colossi.”

“I am, I always felt we could if given the chance.” Sienna wrapped her hands round Kyla’s neck. “Little did I know it would be on a new world.”

“A clean slate.” As they said in ancient times. “This planet gave us a clean slate.”

“What is this?” Asked Sienna while looking to the view screen.

“Designs for a warp drive, courtesy of the specks.”

Sienna shook her head in amazement. “From grass huts one day to more advanced than we are the next.”

“Did you know that while we slept, the Specks fought destructive wars over who would rule? When peace came, they set upon learning our language, they then gained access to our computers, and learned every bit of our technology…. Gods! They even debated killing all of us, upon gaining knowledge about the horrors of our Empire.”

“I am thankful they didn’t!

Both were silent for a time. “They are eons ahead of us, were they bigger my love, they could easily conquer us.”

“Size still gives us the advantage?”

“Yes, for now.”

“But can we scale up their advanced technology? Make it our size?”

“Parcyra is working night and day to do so” Kyla smiled as Sienna moved to trail a line of kisses down her neck. “She, ah… and a team of scientists. Warp drive, improved ship designs, new weapons, better power systems… the list is endless.”

“Fascinating, but can we go to bed?”

A knock at the door caused them both to look up. A guard poked her head in. “A Dr. Kossmann to see you Empress.”

“Now?” Sienna asked grumpily.

“He says it is urgent.”

“Send him in.” Kyla ordered.

As the little Colossi man entered and knelt. Sienna huffed with ire at having to move off Kyla’s lap.

“It is late Doctor.”

“Apologies Empress, but this could not wait a moment longer.”

“Get up.”

He stood, and when he did Kyla could see just how haggard he looked. Grey hair was disheveled, unshaven, dark bags under the eyes.

“So what news then?” Kyla and Sienna braced for the worst.

“Empress we are growing bigger.”

“Of course we are, we Colossi have been growing larger for generations.”

“No, we are growing.”

“You mean to say that, all of us,” Sienna gestured pointing to herself as well as Kyla and the little doctor, “are getting larger?”

“Yes.”

“That is not possible… Is it?” Sienna could hardly believe her ears.

“It was not possible on Earth, here for some reason it is.”

“Explain.”

“Empress, all we have are theories at this point. This planet is incredibly nutrient rich that may be the cause, or the different mix of gasses in the atmosphere. We are still researching the causes, but it will take much more time. We wanted to give you this news as I’m sure the population will begin noticing soon.”

“How much will we grow a year?”

“A foot maybe more, and that is by Earth years, this world takes longer to go round its sun.”

“Gods!" Sienna cried."We’ll have to build larger cities, wear larger clothes, we will consume more food!”

“Perhaps yes, to some of those things you list, we aren’t sure. Thankfully, our food supply is getting larger as well, so there is little worry about starvation.”

“What of the Halflings and Minis?”

“Empress they are growing also, but relative to our size.”

“We the biggest, but they growing as well.”

“Yes, Empress.”

“But the shrinking virus--?”

“Yes, we worried about that lady Sienna. “It is within us, within everything on this planet, but it is the same virus as on Earth. Perhaps the Empress and her scientists believed our immunity to it would lessen over a thousand years, it did not happen.”

“So we get bigger, all in all, not the worst news as those on Earth had a thousand year head start on us.”

“True, given time we may be able to defend ourselves better with more size,” the doctor paused. “While we are on the subject of time, we shall have much more of it as our aging process is slowing.”

“We are going to live longer?”

“Yes, Empress.”

“Why?”

“We…”
“Need to study it more.” Kyla finished.

A long silence ensued Koffmann allowing the Empress to digest the news.

“Any other bombshells?”

“The small man smiled at that, “Not as of yet Empress.”

“I shall need you to report your finding to the council this week, doctor.

“Empress, my pleasure to do so.”

“Good.” Kyla gestured.

With a bow the man moved to depart.

“We are getting bigger…” Sienna was amazed. “Wonder how that old hag of an Empress on Earth would have reacted to that news?”

“Don’t know, don’t care, her bones are dust by now.” Kyla smiled as Sienna plopped back down upon her lap. "But I have been thinking about why the Empress would take so much effort to send us all here.”

“Well, she did believe in an -- Earth cleared of inferior peoples.” Sienna mimicked the old woman’s haughty voice, causing Kyla to laugh.

“True, Kyla conceded. “I also think, she did not believe we could actually get along with the Haflings, Minis, and Specks. She was convinced we would not be able to live in peace. Or, that living with these other people would weaken us Colossi.”

“We shall never know I guess.”

“Oh we will know, my love. The Old Empire will not forget about us.”

"Hopefully, they have been overthrown." Sienna suggested.

"We can hope, but should prepare for the worst."

“You are convinced they will attack someday.”

“Absolutely,” Kyla shifted in her chair. “That is why I stay up night after night, we must be able to defend this… Constitutional Monarchy… we’ve created.”

“Enough for tonight Empress, you will rest.”

“Alright.” Kyla finally agreed. “Let’s go to—“

Another knock on the door caused Sienna to curse much to Kyla’s amusement.

“Yes?”

Parcyra, peeked round the door.

“Empress, I know it is very late—“

“Yes it is.” Said Sienna, not bothering to get off Kyla’s lap.

“May I come in, it is of importance.”

“Very well.”

Walking forward, Parcyra could not hide a grin as she neared the desk.
“I have here someone who tells me they are part of your house hold.”

Parcyra opened one gloved hand and in it was… Amarice.

Neither Kyla or Sienna could speak, such was their surprise.

“I’m told you are an Empress now.” The girl took a knee within Parcyra’s giant hand.
“Rise…” Kyla rasped.

“Empress,” Parcyra reported, “their ship just landed, and it is heavily damaged, a miracle it made it.”

“We are so glad it did! Amarice!” Sienna scooped the little Mini into her hand, hugging her tightly.

“I am glad to have made it as well, though I don’t know where here is.” The Mini’s voice was muffled being that she was pressed against Sienna’s chest.

“You are home Amarice.” Said Kyla while slowly, and carefully handing the Mini to Kyla.

“Your hand is trembling.” Observed Amarice in the next moment, she found herself pressed softly against the chest of the Viceroy— of the Empress.”

Amarice stretched her arms wide, returning as big a hug as she could. Looking up she saw tears spilling from the eyes of her Empress.

Chapter 12 by Gille

“Empress you have had a long enough day, and I command you rest.”

Kyla leaned back in her chair, looking to Sienna with amusement. “Oh?” her tone rose, in false umbrage, “Since when do you command an Empress?”

“Since I became your wife.” Sienna retorted while pushing the leather chair back and proceeding to plop down in Kyla’s lap.

“Kyla, I don’t know how you do it.” Sienna threw her arms round her neck. “The gym, then a run this morning with little Amarice, meetings with the council, a speech to the various guild members, then an afternoon of scanning technical data which has now stretched into the evening.”

“I’m just going through the plans for these new star ships, these destroyers, by the gods Sienna, they are a fearful weapon. The warp drive can power these ships at a tremendous speed. Kyla reached out to tap her desktop, bringing up an image of one of the largest ships on the view screen.

Sienna’s eyes widened in awe, when looking at the number of zeros in the ships length, height, and width. “For such teeny people, the specks certainly design gigantic ships.”

“A secretly think they do have a fascination with size.” Kyla said soft.

“I suppose they would, due to their being so incredibly small.” Sienna hugged her wife tight, Kyla was working far too hard.

“Did you know, when completed, this ship can reach Earth in less than a week?”

“Great Gods!” Sienna cried. “The specks have advanced that far ahead of us?”

“Yes, we are very fortunate to have them as our ally.” Kyla said solemnly.

“When will they be completed?”

“At the pace the specks have set, under a year for this massive flagship, two years and I shall command an entire fleet of more than 200 ships.”

“You mustn’t drive our people so hard Kyla, I know that you worry about Earth, but…”

“Our people won’t be building these, the shipyards are automated, robots will be at work day and night.”

“Gods…” Sienna rasped they designed robots too. “But why the relative slowness in building this one ship and the speed of the others?”

“Size of the flagship, the others will be copycats, easer to produce.”

“Course the next question is, when they are completed, will we fit in them?” Sienna chuckled a bit at that.

“They can be scaled up, ships too small for us eventually piloted by the Halflings and Minis when the time comes.”

Sienna reached out and tapped the desk, causing the image to fade. “With that much power Kyla, there is potential for misuse.”

“Agreed,” Kyla slipped her arms round, Sienna waist. “We must be wary, but as of right now, it’s just drawings on a pad. There is still time to debate the consequences of having such a fleet.”

“True, but tell me this,” Sienna’s hand slipped under Kyla’s chin raising it so that their eyes could meet. “If you had this fleet tomorrow, would you attack Earth?”

“No.” Kyla said flatly. “I have decided, and the council agrees, that we should not be the aggressor. “Let them come to us, perhaps in a thousand years, they have… evolved.”

“Let us hope.”

Kyla moved to slide Sienna off her lap, and stand when her wife halted her.

“There is something else, Empress.”

“Yes?” Kyla said guardedly noting the way Sienna made use of her title.

“Young Amarice has found a suitor.”

“What?!” Kyla barked, “She is too young!”

“Empress, though Amarice is an innocent, she is in her twenties, high time she began pursuing relationships.”

“She has not told me anything. We go for a run every morning.”

Kyla, sometimes you forget what a terrifying persona you have, the girl was… scared… to tell you, fearful of your reaction. With cause, I might add.”

As Sienna spoke, she watched a deep scowl form on her wife’s lips, but continued undaunted. “You and I know full well, that as head of our great household, you have final say in who may be suitor to any of the servants under your roof. I only ask that you have a fair mind about the person who wishes relations with Amarice.”

“Who is it?” Kyla said curt. “Some Mini?”

“You will soon see Empress, the suitor is waiting to see you.”

“You don’t say…” Kyla quirked an eyebrow, then waiting for Sienna to stand before rising up to her full height of 11 feet. Having given a speech to the guild today, she was wearing her dress tunic of white, on which were the many awards she had earned by service. As Sienna went to fetch her white cape from the stand, Kyla took a moment to brush her hands over her tunic as well as her black form fitting pants. Bending over, she adjusted the strap on one of her knee high black boots for a moment before rising back up to her full height.

“Bend down you big lummox, I swear you get taller every day.” Sienna complained.

“I do get a little taller every day.” Snarked Kyla while leaning over, “So do you. And… the process of growth is speeding up for all of us.”

Sienna clasped the gold chain around her wife’s neck. “Now be sweet, Kyla.” She admonished. “Amarice’s poor suitor is nervous enough.

“Maybe I should get the holster with my blaster and put that on?”

“Don’t you dare!” Sienna said while straitening Kyla’s cape, before taking a step back to stand behind the Empress and just to her right.

All was ready.

Kyla touched a command on the desktop and moments later, the door to the chamber opened.

“Parcyra!” said Kyla in a whisper while looking back at her wife. “My Chief of Military Operations?”

Sienna, as usual in these situations, chose to smile serenely up at her.

“Empress.” Parcyra knelt, lowering her head until her brow touched her upraised knee.

“Walk with me.” Kyla rounded the desk as Parcyra rose to her feet.

“Empress, might I join you?”

“No.” Kyla glanced back to see a frown appear on Sienna’s lips. The tongue lashing she’d get later would be one for the ages, but being an Empress did have its perks.

**

“So, you wish to date Amarice?”

“If…if…if, you please great Empress.”

“Parcyra relax.” Kyla commanded, satisfied to see the woman do so.

“Tell me, how did this come about?”

“Empress, we met shortly after her transport landed. As you recall, it was heavily damaged after crossing into an asteroid field.”

“Yes…” Kyla stopped to look at one of the many roses along this path in the gardens. It was covered in large blooms, it, like everything else planted in this rich soil thrived.

“I worked my way into the ship, squirming forward, when space became too limited. Hearing cries for help, I used my hand to force one of the tiny blast doors open--”

“You always are willing to brave any danger, I do like that about you.”

“Thank you Empress,” Parcyra dipped her head.

“Continue.”

“On the other side, trapped within her stasis unit was a terrified Amarice, a crowd of Minis were trying vainly to lift debris off the lid. I, having the advantage of size, was able to easily clear the debris and tear off the lid, thus freeing her.”

“And that is the moment where love began.”

“Yes Empress, for the both of us.”

“I see… she knows your faults by now? You’ve been honest with her?”

“Yes Empress, she knows my faults and tolerates them.”

“My wife does as well.”

Parcyra smiled at that admission by the Empress.

“Are you ready for such a relationship?” Kyla asked direct. “Parcyra, it is not one between equals like Sienna and I, you must take care over one so small as Amarice.”

“I understand Empress.” Parcyra straitened. “I promise upon my life to care for her.”

“What if she decides you aren’t worthy of her love? What then?” Kyla pressed.

“I will be hurt terribly, but shall abide by her decision.”

“Wise.” Kyla said soft. “Love cannot be forced, when it is, it morphs into a battle for control, and in such a battle you will always win Parcyra, being that you are far larger and stronger. But, you will also lose, as once trust is destroyed between you and Amarice, it will never return.”

“I would not hurt her!”

“I am very glad to hear that.” Kyla leaned over, pleased to see the fear ignite within Parcyra’s eyes. “If you hurt her, I will hurt you.”

To her credit, Parcrya stood her ground, and despite obvious fear, and stared right back, being sure to meet Kyla’s stern gaze. In that moment, Kyla could see what Amarice saw in Parcrya, the woman was most beautiful. Long auburn hair, with light green eyes, a strong build, broad shoulders, angular facial features. Moreover, Kyla knew Parcrya had a strong will but was a softie on the inside.

“Have you given thought to the criticism you will face? A colossi dating a Mini? Our peoples are learning to live together, but having a public relationship is quite another. People are bound to talk Parcrya, other than myself, you are the single highest ranking officer in our military.”

“People will always talk, I care little what they say about me, but should they slander Amarice, they will feel my fist.”

“Well said.” Kyla straitened, continuing her walk down the path.

“I give permission for you to court her.” Kyla raised a hand, one finger pointing directly at Parcrya in warning. “Don’t disappoint me.”

“I may disappoint you on many things Empress, but not this, never this. I love Amarice with all my heart.”

“You will both dine with us tomorrow, until then, dismissed.”

Parcrya swallowed hard, looking on as the Empress walked away.

**
“I do not understand.” Said Amarice from her perch on Parcrya’s shoulder.“C-rya” Intoned Amarice. Why do they dive for the ball like that?”

“Because the other team has… fumbled… Amarice.”

“Fumbled.” The Mini repeated with some confusion.

“Don’t fret Amarice, I don’t get all the rules either.” Said Sienna while crossing her legs femininely, she looked to her wife “Why don’t you just make yourself comfortable Kyla?”

Kyla noted the playful sarcasm in Sienna’s tone. “I think I will, thanks.” She smiled while stretching out prone on the leather couch.

“So they get four tries to go ten…yards… and then if they do, the get to keep advancing down the field?” Asked Amarice while leaning against Parcrya’s neck.

“Yes, if they get to the end zone they score 6 points.”

“Then a field goal.”

“Or a 2 point conversion if they wish.”

“So many rules to this Speck game.” lamented Amarice. “What’s that?” the mini pointed. "The yellow things being thrown.”

“A penalty.” Replied Parcrya.

“Those Specks, I like how they go all out in everything.” Kyla praised, not taking her eyes from the screen.

“You, know when you see them like this, it’s difficult to remember who small they are.” Sienna took a drink of the glass of water next to her. "Kyla jingled the ice cubes in the empty glass next to her.

"You have feet, get up and refill that whiskey glass." Sienna huffed. "Mind you not too much."

With an exaggerated groan, Kyla stood to walk to the side table. The one which long ago the specks world sat upon.

“Yes, the whole stadium, filled as it is would fit in my hand.” Parcrya observed.

"Down in front!" barked Sienna. Kyla laughed while returning to the couch.

“But you would protect them, right Crya? No matter how small they are?” asked Amarice.
“Absolutely, they are people like you and me, and as such have worth no matter what their size may be.”

Kyla reflected that not so long ago, she certainly would not have made such a statement… Well… maybe it was long ago, considering how long she’d been in stasis.

A palm rose up Amarice knew what that meant and immediately hopped on.

“May I?” asked Parcrya.

“Of course.” Sienna smiled. “Least you don’t hog a whole couch like my wife.”

Kyla only grunted in reply.

With a sigh, the Chief of Military ops. Kicked off her boots and stretched out on the couch she an Amarice were on. Gently she placed the little Mini on one knee so she could better see the view screen.

“Can nothing be done to halt their getting smaller?” asked Sienna referring to the specks on the view screen.

“It’s not that they are getting smaller, it’s that we keep getting larger. Our best minds are baffled as to the exact reason we are growing, let alone why they aren’t. The make-up of both our worlds is much the same.”

They are living longer.” Parcrya added trying to be optimistic.

“Maybe they will grow here? Sienna asked hopefully.

Kyla crossed her long legs at the ankles, “They wish to remain on their moon for now, little things are quite territorial” She looked back at Sienna. “Give them time to think about it.

“They don’t have time, Kyla.” Sienna pointed to the view screen. “How long before that whole stadium fits on the pad of one of my fingers?”

“I understand, love.” Kyla placated. “But we also must respect their wishes as a people. At least they have been agreeable to send test subjects to our world.”

“We shall have them here as guests…” Sienna said firm. “I hate to have them back in a cage again.”

“And that is the reason why they trust you Sienna.” Kyla replied.

“Why does that man in stripes hold his hands together over his head?”

“The other team got a safety.” Parcrya extended a finger, using her fingernail to gently scratch Amarice's back.

“So many rules!” Amarice shook her head.

“Oh you two are just adorable!” cried Sienna.

Both Parcrya and Amarice blushed a deep red.

Kyla erupted in laughter.
**
“Remember when we were dating?”

“Of course.” Kyla replied while taking her wife’s small hand in her own. It was only a thousand or more years ago.”

Sienna laughed. “My father was so scared of you.”

“Was he?” Kyla had never heard that tid-bit. “Never acted like it.”

“He was. Honey, you are really big, you had to crouch down when inside our house.”

“Oh, yeah, forgot that.”

“But you always respected his wishes, he liked that about you. Always yes sir, no sir…” Sienna chuckled.

“Your father was a great man, he took a chance on me when many wouldn’t. My respect for him and your mother was sincere.”

“He loved it when you called him sir.”

“I was in the military that yes sir, no sir came as natural to me as breathing and, as I said, he deserved it.”

“Now you are an Empress, quite a rise in station.” Lauded Sienna.

Kyla stopped their walk in the garden, to look up at the one of the Moons shining bright. Even from this distance she could still see the glittering lights of the Speck sized cities. Amazing really, the scale of those cities had to be vast for her to see them.

“I had nowhere to go but up, Sienna. I’m glad the Imperial Military took me, or I’d have stayed on the streets or found my way into prison.”

Sienna tugged at her arm and the two began walking again. “You had it hard Empress, abandoned by your parents, raised in an orphanage….”

“Yeah, toughened me up for sure.” Kyla chuckled.

“I think it’s time for a little tenderness.”

“What’d yah have in mind?” Kyla wiggled her brows suggestively.

“C’mon… you’ll see.”

**
“Are you sure Amarice? I mean we don’t have to rush--”

“I’m sure.” The Mini replied. “Though, I think we shall need to go to your place as you won’t fit in mine.”

Parcrya blushed while looking down at her boots. “I’m a bit big, I know…”

“You are the perfect size in my eyes Crya… my beautiful, strong Crya…”

“Love you…” Parcrya said soft.

“I love you.” Amarice replied in kind

Chapter 13 by Gille

Amarice had always known that Parcrya held a high position in the government.
Seeing her home for the first time confirmed it.

Her townhouse was right on the Forum, very near to the Empress’ grand palace.

From within Parcrya’s hand little Amarice watched in awe as the guards standing watch gave the Imperial Salute as they passed. Crya didn’t see it but one of the women spotted Amarice and gave her a playful wink, before quickly schooling her features back to impassiveness.
Upon entering, Amarice could feel C-rya’s nervousness, the fingers surrounding her were shaking a bit.

“Um… This is my home.” Parcrya bit her lip as she looked down at the Mini within her hand.

“Can I get you anything? Water? A bit of tea? I…um, purchased some mini cups so you—“

“I’d like your lips please.”

“My lips?” C-rya looked down, terribly confused.

“As in a kiss.” Amarice giggled.

Parcrya smiled in understanding. In the next moment Amarice found herself pressed against very large and very lush lips. It was unlike anything she’d ever felt, and it felt wonderful. She leaned into those lips, pressing her body against them. From the back of C-rya’s throat came this low, rumbling, as her giant love chuckled sexily.

“Was that what you were looking for?” Asked Parcrya when the kiss broke.

Amarice was entranced watching the way her lovers lips parted, hot breath washing over her little body.

For her part, Parcrya had been pleasantly surprised to feel Amarice’s lips touch hers. The Mini was so small, yet she had felt her kiss and it was amazing.

“Yes.” Amarice replied, “But I must warn you, I may need to look for your lips often.”

“Oh! We are in your bedroom!” Amarice was so immersed in the kiss, she hadn’t realized that Crya had been walking while kissing her!

In the next moment she found herself set gently upon the bed gazing up at her colossal love. Parcrya looked so dashing in her Imperial tunic of red.

Parcrya placed her hands on hips.

“Amarice, we don’t have to go any further should you not—“

“I want to.” The Mini cut in.

“Okay.” Parcrya moved back, not wishing to loom over Amarice while removing her clothing. After being in the military for many years, she didn’t have any apprehension about being naked. It was just that she was so much bigger than the Mini…

“By the Gods, you’re beautiful!”

Amarice’s words did much to dispel internal doubt. Parcrya worried that due to her size, every one of her bodily flaws would be magnified tenfold.

“Thank you.” Parcrya found herself blushing like a school girl. She decided it best to sit on the floor, to better be on the same level as her Miniature love.

The two gazed at each other for a time.

“Oh! I guess I’d better take my clothes off too.”

Parcrya chuckled, watching as little Amarice shimmied out of her house livery, then shyly used her hands to cover herself.

“Shall I be your first?” Parcrya asked softly while slowly raising her hand up, to run the tip of her finger up and down Amarice’s back.

“Yes…” the Mini looked down at her feet.

“No shame in it love.”

Amarice looked up and smiled, a beautiful trusting smile. She allowed Parcrya to gently move pull her hands away from her body.

“You are most beautiful Amarice.”

“Thank you.” Now it was Amarice who blushed.

Parcrya knew she’d have to make the first move as little Amarice was far too shy. Leaning in a bit, she used the tip of her tongue, flicking it gently against the Mini’s breasts, pleased when she heard a sigh from her love. While Parcrya was no stranger to sex and had her fair share of conquests, she’d never loved any of them like she did Amarice.

Course having a partner that was mini sized did present a few challenges, and also quite a few opportunities…

“Lay back Amarice…”

“Um… okay.” The Mini did so.

“Just relax sweetheart, I want to make you feel good.”
With a nudge of a finger, Parcrya, opened Amarice’s legs a bit to gain access.

The mini surprised herself by letting out a moan as Parcrya’s tongue touched her sex.

**
Sienna cried out, arching her back as she neared orgasm.

Kyla took full advantage, teasing a very erect nipple with her tongue.

Moments later Sienna’s lusty cry announced her climax.

“All too easy.”

“What?” Sienna asked while trying to catch her breath.

“The advantage of loving you for so long…” Kyla chuckled. “I know how to please you.”

“Oh really?” Sienna raised up to kiss Kyla’s lips. “Well, I’ll show you a trick or two I’ve learned in loving you”

Kyla moaned feeling the phallus slide into her. “Sneaky.” She teased causing Sienna to laugh.

“Oops!” Sienna fumbled a bit having lost hold of the phallus, it being pulled within Kyla’s sex

Kyla growled, being impatient to have her lust satisfied.

“Sorry baby.” Sienna kissed her larger love once more.

“Get the bigger one.”

“That is the biggest one, you’ve gotten too big for it.” Replied Sienna.

Kyla found herself becoming more aroused at that. She, along with Sienna and everyone upon this world were all growing larger.

“Bigger…” The word was sounded within a moan as Sienna teased her swelling clit. Kyla moving to lay atop her wife.

“You are big my love, and so strong…” Sienna rasped, her voice very near Kyla’s ear.

“Wana keep getting bigger…” Huffed Kyla, her hips beginning to buck slightly as she neared orgasm.

“Yes, baby…. Grow…” Sienna pressed her whole body against her larger love, wrapping one arm around Kyla, holding on tight, and readying herself for Kyla’s impending orgasm.

“I want you to give those on Earth a nasty surprise… my Empress.”

Sienna’s words tipped Kyla over the edge into orgasm.
**
“Oh!”

Parcrya balled her hands into fists, resisting the urge to touch herself.

“Oh!”

Amarice’s touch was… was… Parcrya was quickly losing the ability to think clearly.

“Han…hang on!”

Parcrya howled in pleasure as orgasm washed over her.

Amarice yelped as she found herself blown back by a mighty deluge. Landing upon the bed, she looked up in time to see another flood erupt from Parcrya, then one more mighty spasm from her lover’s gigantic sex, and another flood drenched her.

Amarice are you okay!” Parcrya sat up still trying to catch her breath.

“Yes.” Amarice sputtered while slicking back her wet hair. In the next moment the mini found herself picked up bodily and pressed against Parcrya’s breast.

“I should have been more careful, I lost—“

“It was wonderful.” Amarice said soft. She felt Parcrya relax around her.

**
As ever, Sienna just tried to hold on as Kyla reached climax.

As her love collapsed against her, Sienna loosened her grip and began to trail kisses along Kyla’s right shoulder.

“Remember when we were first married?”

“Of course.” Kyla rolled over upon her back curious as to why her wife would bring that up.

Sienna curled up against her. The bed springs protesting loudly as they moved.

“My dad was sure we were going to shake the house apart each time we made love.” Sienna chuckled.

“How embarrassing.” Kyla shook her head, “we were so poor that our only option was to live with your parents.”

“They understood the reason.”

“The pay was—“

“Meager,” Sienna cut in “but with both of us working, we managed. I was more worried about your heroics in the wars against those rebels. Worried I’d lose you.”

“I…” Kyla swallowed audibly. “thought I’d never see you again.”

“But, you pulled though, despite what the doctors said.”

“I’m stubborn.”

“And now you rule as Empress, quite a rise in station.” Sienna teased.

“Well, we had nowhere to go but up.” Kyla chuckled.

**
Amarice had taken many baths, but none had even been like this.

She was seated within Parcrya cupped hands, above the tap was just open a bit to allow warm water to cascade down.

“All done.” Announced Amarice. In the next moment, the bath water drained away as Parcrya opened her fingers slightly. Soon the tap was off, and Amarice was given a mini towel.

“I, um…” Parcrya fumbled a bit as they walked back into the master bedroom. “I got you this.”

There on the nightstand was a mini sized house.

“You got this for me?”

“Yes.” Parcrya laughed, “I’m a bit big for it, so you’ll be the only one using it.”
Parcrya set her hand down, and Amarice stepped off, her bare feet padding across the wooden top of the nightstand as she walked to the front door.

“Everything works, lights pluming… all of it works.”

“It’s beautiful…” Amarice looked back watching as Parcrya knelt beside the nightstand. “I just don’t understand why you—“

“It’s important to me that you have a place all your own, a place set to your scale, a refuge from the giant world.”

Amarice was silent a moment then nodded. Opening the door she walked inside to find a lavishly furnished home.

**
“So tell me…” Kyla burred into Sienna’s ear. “Why you like the fact we are growing bigger.”
Sienna flushed a bit, recalling what she had said in the throes of passion. There was no turning back now.

“I want us to keep growing, want us to be bigger than everyone on Earth. There is nothing I’d like more than for you to be able to crush them all under a boot heel.”

Kyla was quite shocked a hearing this from Sienna. Her wife was mild, gentle, not one to be accepting of violence.

“I know it sounds terrible, but the old Empire is like a cancer, they will spread and grow, infecting more of the universe unless you stop them my love.”

“We’ve heard nothing from them.”

“Not as of yet, no. We will.” Sienna said with sadness.

“We most certainly will.”

Chapter 14 by Gille

As deftly as possible Kyla moved so as to not wake Sienna, it was a tough proposition as the bed they were in was too small.

Her pad, lying upon the nightstand, chimed.

Kyla cringed; in the silence of the room the alert was as loud as thunder. She should have remembered to turn the blasted thing off. Course she was a bit preoccupied last night.

Kyla smirked rather smug.

Behind her Sienna woke.

“And just where are you heading at four in the morning?”

Kyla cringed again hearing Sienna’s grouchy tone.

“Well, I was thinking to go—“

“Kyla, you will do no such thing!”

“I didn’t tell you what—“

“Exercise, or work, possibly wander around the palace and be a nuisance to the Halflings and Minis.”

“I do have work to—“

“You do not!” barked Sienna, “Now get back into bed!”

“Can I at least check my—“

“Leave your pad be and get back to bed. If it’s important, someone will be sent for you.”
Without one word more Kyla slid back into bed. Immediately, Sienna snugged right up against her. Just when they had settled, the overloaded bedframe snapped with a groan and both box springs and mattress ended up on the floor.

“Stupid tiny bed…” grumbled Kyla

“Feels just like my parents’ house all over again,” mumbled Sienna while curling up next to Kyla “You broke that bed too.”

“I did not—“

“Shhhh… sleeping.” Sienna said soft, silencing an exasperated Kyla.

**
“Did she answer back?”

Parcrya smiled down at little Amarice camped upon her breast. “Sweetheart, you don’t have to whisper no one else is here but us.”

“Oh…” Amarice said sheepish, “habit, from years of boarding with the other Minis in the household.”

“I can understand I had to board with other recruits for some time before I moved up in the ranks.”

Amarice looked on with awe as her giant love casually stretched her huge body, extending her long legs out while lifting her arms over her head. When done, she inhaled deeply. Amarice held on as Parcrya’s chest heaved upward, then down again as she exhaled.

Crya had offered, but Amarice had declined the invitation to stay in the home set upon the nightstand, if they were to be together, they needed to share the same bed, to be as normal as possible even given the disparate nature of their sizes. Parcrya had been worried. Worried an errant move on her part would send Amarice flying or, even worse if she inadvertently rolled over atop her small love.

Amarice however would not be dissuaded and in the end. Parcrya was pleasantly surprised to find she hadn’t moved a bit during the night. If was if even in sleep her body knew not to move lest she hurt her mini love.

“No answer then?” Amarice asked again.

“No answer,” replied Crya. “It appears the Empress has no need of my council this morning.”

“Good.” Amarice “It’s very early, you need your rest.”

“I suppose I could lay here a bit longer with you.” Parcrya winked playfully at Amarice, before settling down into the pillow again and closing her eyes. One of her hands rose up, to rest protectively over little Amarice.

Lying back upon the mountainous breast, the mini tried to do the same, but after so many years of getting up early, her body simply refused to fall back into sleep.

She decided to do some exploring.

Wiggling out from Parcrya’s hand, she slowly slid down the slope of her lover’s breast. Getting her feet under her, Amarice walked forward slowly at first getting herself used to maneuvering upon a living landscape. Ahead lay Crya’s tummy and as she stepped upon its surface, Amarice could feel the power beneath. Parcrya had a penchant for fitness. Like the Empress, her love was no slouch when it came to working out.

Threading her way over the low hills and rifts of Parcrya’s abs allowed Amarice to reach the neatly trimmed tuft of pubic hair guarding her lovers massive sex.

Everything is just so big… mused Amarice while looking back over her shoulder to see Crya’s mountainous breasts rising and falling as her Colossi love slept. She couldn’t even see Parcrya’s beautiful face from this angle.

Thinking a moment, Amarice decided that further explorations of her lovers sex might need to wait as Parcrya needed her sleep.

But she did want to play…

Stepping forward, Amarice waded into the precisely trimmed mound of pubic hair and slowly lay upon her stomach. She didn’t wish to wake Crya… not just yet.

Within arms reach the beautiful folds of her lovers sex. Gently Amarice tested the waters by running tiny fingers along the edges. With feather light touches, she continued her work awed by the sight Parcrya’s swelling labia and the massive drops of wetness which appeared, lazily rolling down her lover’s sex to fall upon the surface of the bed.

A low moan let Amarice know her attentions were having the intended effect upon her giant love. For some moments she continued her work, fingers tracing along the upper portion of Parcrya’s labia.

She debated attempting to slide within her love…

Certainly she was the right size, maybe even a bit small… Amarice frowned at that particular thought. Still, being of small size did not mean she couldn’t please Cyra, it just meant she would have to be inventive.

But… was it safe?

For the moment, Amarice decided it best to not tempt fate until she had spoken with Parcrya about the issue no matter how tempting it would be to experience being within a someone so much larger than she it wasn’t right to assume Cyra would automatically approve.
The mini decided it best to bring her lover to climax in a way she had already learned by experience. With nimble touches as only a mini can Amarice massaged Cyra’s enormous clitoris.

When you are so much smaller you can feel the subtle changes in a being as large as a Collosi, The heaver breathing, the roiling of muscles under the skin, the swelling of nipples and of already gigantic breasts.

Cyra was close, easy to see as giant hips began to buck slightly. This time, however, Amarice was ready for her lovers explosive climax. The liquid rocketed out, as Parcya roared in release.

Amarice went back to work immediately, causing a second, then third massive orgasm from her now very awake love.

Amarice set to work again

“W-wait…Wait!” huffed Parcrya.

“I did okay? asked Amarice.

More than okay little one, you must give me a moment to rest!” Parcrya pleaded.

The mini giggled as Pacrya’s fingers closed about her and gently lifted her up.

“Okay time to rest.” said Amarice as she was pressed against massive lips.

“Whata a way to wake up!” declared Pacrya.

“Turnabout is far play, my love.”

Amarice watched with glee as those gigantic beautiful plush lips shifted into a smile.

“How shall I please you?”

**
Kyla had enough, she could sleep no longer.

Now, upon her daily run, she was in a foul mood. The palace was in the Forum, if she were an ordinary Colossi running in the forum would be ordinary. Trouble was she wasn’t ordinary, she was an Empress, and people parted before her in awe, then fawned and scrapped as she passed. Normally this hadn’t been a problem, running very early meant that few were out and about. Now everyone was out and in her way.

A chorus of screams caused her to stop immediately. Looking down, she placed hands on hips, glowering at the group of Minis.

They had every right to be there, this was a mini crosswalk and they were only going about their daily business.

She was in the wrong.

“Sorry.” Kyla apologized to the kneeling crowd. “I should have been more careful.”

The crowd ducked as one gigantic foot, then another flew overhead as the Empress casually stepped over them.

Her mood soured even more. It wasn’t that she was running later than normal. She never minded spending time with Sienna. Really it was just a series of events that had first been amusing, then annoying, then maddening.

The bed had broken, a result of their growth.

Her clothes were too damned tight, seemed by the time Sienna ordered larger versions, they were all on the verge of being too small.

She’d hit her head painfully on the top of the door frame.

Her exercises, usually a release of stress had done the opposite. Her gym equipment was too small, her run going badly.

And she was late for a meeting…

Kyla wished she was back in bed.

**
“Yes… sweet…cum for me…”

Parcrya watched fascinated as Amarice rode her hard nipple. It was so erotic that one the giant woman’s hands had wandered to her own sex.

With the absolute cutest little cry, Amarice announced her climax, holding on as Crya tipped over the edge of orgasm a moment later.

All Parcrya’s other lovers paled in comparison to Amarice. Colossi men were weak and complained too much. Colossi women suddenly seemed big and clumsy compared to
Amarice’s ability to nimbly touch her most sensitive areas.

If more Colossi let go of their foolish pride, they’d find many advantages in loving a Mini.

“C-rya?” intoned Amarice cutely from atop her breast.

“Yes sweetheart?”

“I wana be in you.”

“In me… you mean?” Parcrya’s eyes widened as she looked down at Amarice. “I-I… don’t think that’s safe Amarice, I mean I’ve never been known to have dainty orgasms.”

The Mini laughed. “But there has to be a way. I was thinking—“

Crya’s pad chimed, cutting Amarice off.

“Hold on a moment sweet…” Parcrya knew it was the Empress.

“I must meet with her in an hour.” Announced Crya.

Amarice knew full well who her love was referring to and was sad Parcrya had to go, but then again she was soon to be on duty in the palace.

“We still can have a bath together.” Amarice said hopefully.

“A splendid idea!” replied Parcrya. "And you can tell me your idea."

**
“Quit fidgeting,” Barked Sienna as she worked on the recalcitrant zipper.

“Too small.” Kyla felt like she was going to pop out of her tunic at any moment.

“I can see it’s too small, larger clothing arrives tomorrow.” Sienna placated.

“I hate this palace.”

“Because it’s too small?” Sienna smoothed her hands over Kyla’s white tunic.

“Yes, that, and we have no privacy.” Groused Kyla. “I want our old manor back.”

“Well, it would be nice, but its back on Earth and probably too cramped for a big lummox like you.”

“Growing taller does have its disadvantages.”

Sienna laughed. “You say it like it was some trivial thing. Honey you are nearing 15 feet tall, you are the biggest of the big and still getting bigger.”

“So are you.” Kyla quirked an eyebrow. “At the rate we Colossi are growing, this whole city will soon be too small.”

“You know how I feel about this, I am glad we grow bigger.” Kyla smiled as her wife’s hand slid along her legs.

“Go to the council, tell them of your concerns.” Urged Sienna.

“I have a meeting with them in moments, a good time to tell them as any.”

“I know all will work out, have faith Kyla.”

“And you?” asked Kyla while running fingers though Sienna’s brilliant ginger hair. “What plans do you have?”

“The specks arrive today, to live with us. The experiment to see if living on this world will cause them to grow as the rest of us have.”

Kyla had forgotten about that entirely. Specks, back in a terrarium again, it was depressing.

“I know you will see they are cared for.” Kyla leaned far over, giving her wife a kiss before departing.
**

“The starship is due to be launched on the third Empress, but she requires a name. As it is to be your flagship, the council defers to you.

“Vengeance.” Responded Kyla immediately. “She shall be called Vengeance.”

“As you wish” Baroun looked up at the Empress from his spot upon her desk. She was in a foul disposition, had been through the whole of the meeting. He heard the sound of fabric ripping.

Kyla let out a sigh, crossing her legs under the desk had caused one pant leg to rip.

“It is a problem for all of us, this growth.” Baroun spoke for the council.

“I know, I apologize for my mood.”

“How can we help Empress?” asked Luna, new leader of the Speck high council.

“I am uneasy even asking for this.” Kyla prefaced, then halted. Glancing over she noted Parcrya was also dressed in too tight a uniform.

“Empress, you have done much to steady this colony though it’s founding, you are our strongest protector, we specks will gladly do our best to fulfill what you ask.

“As will the Miniatures.” Added Baroun.

“And the Halflings.” Said Wenn.

“You know you have our support.” Davis, the Colossi member of the council said last.

Kyla let out a long sigh. “I need a bigger house.” She finally said, uncharacteristically looking down, not wanting to meet the eyes of the council. “One not in the city, but far in the country."

“I say yes to this.” Luna spoke from the viewscreen.

“I second.” Baroun smiled up at the Empress.

“So say I.” Wenn added. “You shall have the finest of palaces, Empress.”

“I don’t need a huge palace, I—“

“You do.” Baroun spoke, “Not just for yourself, mind you, but for future leaders of our Empire. It must be grand beyond imagining, we must convey the grandeur of our Empire though your home.”

“Thank you.” Kyla said soft, uncomfortable with asking.

“We shall need a designer.” Luna said.

“I think I know just the person.” Usually silent, Parcrya spoke. Glancing down, she looked to Amarice, who was currently curled up asleep, hidden behind the collar of her dress tunic.

**
“Um…. Is there anything you need?”

Sienna clasped her hand in front of her while peering into the terrarium.

By the ancient gods, the specks were small! She could just barely see them.

The ship had landed upon the old table were long ago she had built a settlement for them.

Now it had been resurrected to provide a home for them once more.

“No Lady Sienna, we have all we need, no matter the outcome of this experiment, our leader, Luna, suggests we might use this space as an Embassy.”

“A splendid idea!” Sienna smiled. “I know the Empress will think so as well.” She bent at the waist, looking in at the grand villa within the enclosure. The whole structure would fit upon one of her fingers. She realized that she was looming over these minuscule people, but at her size, it was impossible not to.

For a moment Sienna let her thoughts wander to what the Earth must look like by now. Certainly the Empire had advanced, but she doubted it was at the pace they had advanced.

“We owe so much to your people for sharing your technological progress with us.”

“We are thankful our Empress protects us.” A voice from within said.

Sienna smiled. Inwardly hoping that someday soon, Kyla, and all upon these worlds would be bigger than anyone on Earth. That Kyla would crush the old Empire under her heel. It was horrible to think such thoughts, to be set upon revenge.

Still… Sienna fervently wished it would happen.

Chapter 15 by Gille

Stepping lightly, Parcrya entered their bedroom, trying not to wake Amarice.
She needn’t have worried. The lights in her little home were blazing bright. Removing her uniform, Parcrya quietly changed into a tee and shorts, getting herself ready for a night’s sleep.

Everything she wore was a bit tight. Parcrya frowned, the growth was relentless.

Lying down on the bed she scooted forward, until she could see within the little windows. There was Amarice hunched over a tiny drafting table, working away.

Parcrya had to smile, Amarice was incredible. Her lover was obsessed with getting the project done right; deathly worried that she’d not do a good job for Lady Sienna and the Empress.

“Amarice.”

At the sound of her name, the Mini jolted, sitting up in surprise, so immersed in the task that she hadn’t heard Parcrya at all. Her smile warmed the heart. Unlike many, Amarice was always genuinely glad to see her.

From the second story window, the mini clamored into Parcrya’s waiting hand. Just having her love near caused the stress of the day to fade away. With the Empress’ blessing they had lived together for some several months now, both women having to adjust to the day to day temperament of the other. From Parcrya’s perspective, it was Amarice who did the lion’s share of adjusting. Even though she had worked around Colossi, it was far different to live with a Colossi.

Parcrya’s long time personal friends within the Imperial Military were supportive of her relationship with Amarice. Still, things were sometimes a bit awkward, her inner circle of friends not quite sure how to relate to a Mini. Most Colossi were friends with Colossi, same for the haflings, and most Mini’s. While all now firmly regarded the other as equals, there still was little in the way of interactions between the groups. Halflings were still quite patronizing toward Mini’s and most Colossi tended to be aloof toward the smaller peoples.

Upon hearing about their relationship, the reaction of most Colossi ranged from amusement to disgusted contempt. Parcrya said nothing, did nothing, unless that contempt was directed at Amarice. There was no holding back her temper then. No one as large as a Colossi should yell at or threaten someone as small as a Mini.

On one occasion the Empress surprised all by making a personal appearance to bail her and Amarice out of jail. The Mini having steadfastly refused to leave her side, though not involved directly in the fight. Parcrya knew the Empress did so to underscore her support for the relationship. Once reported in the media, the vitrol the two faced diminished rapidly. Such was the respect for, or fear of, the Empress that none dared voice objection, at least not openly.

“It is late, you should rest.”

“Says the one working late designing the palace,” Parcrya replied while scooting to lay upon her back, then gently placing Amarice upon her breast.

“I know… I’ve been at it a long while now.” Amarice said sleepily it was difficult to stay awake, Cyra’s hand was so very warm and she so very tired.

“Its just, I’ve never designed anything like this before and with the growth happening to all of us, its difficult to know how much to scale everything up… I thought to make everything as big as possible, as I… don’t… know when the… um…growth will stop”

Parcrya smiled lovingly down at her Mini love. Amarice had fallen asleep and was snoring cutely.

“You’ll do wonderful love.” Cyra whispered before turning out the light.
**
“Any change?”

“No.” Sienna shook her head sadly.

Kyla thought as much.

“It would appear the environmental conditions are not a cause of your growth Empress.”
Kyla squinted, just able to pick out the speck standing in front of the Embassy as they called it. Soon the growth would make her and everyone else so big as to be unable to see the speck people at all without some kind of aid.

“Can you create a link to the leader of the great council?”

“Of course Empress.” Moments later the latest leader of the speck council, Alrun appeared on the viewscreen. The specks lived such short lives, seemed she was always dealing with someone new.

“I apologize for contacting you so late.” Kyla moved to sit upon the couch in the living room. All the while thinking talking with the Speck leader while in her nightclothes a bit unwise.

The information was important enough to breech etiquette. Sienna’s look told her that perhaps she should have worn something a bit less daring.

“Our scientists have a theory…” Kyla began, hating to be the bearer of bad news.

“We have been informed.” Alrun replied. “Sadly, in our efforts to rid our people of disease, we lowered our immunity to the virus generation after generation. While we will not shrink, we shall not grow either.”

“Yes.” Uncharacteristically Kyla looked down at her hands, not knowing what to say. “When the old Empire laced these worlds with the virus again, our bodies—“

“Reacted by growing larger, just as you did a millennia ago. Only this time, the Mini’s and Halflings, responded by growing as well.” Alrun finished.

Silence from both Sienna and Kyla. What could be said after that?

“Within months, we shall be so small that you Colossi will no longer be able to see us with the naked eye.”

“We know you are there, we shall continue to honor our agreement to give you protection.” Kyla spoke firmly.

“We are glad for it, Empress. As you are all continuing to grow, we ask our planet to be quarantined from future visits from Colossi, Halflings, and Mini’s.”

“I will see to it.”

Sienna could bear it no longer, her eyes filled with tears.

**
“Hard to tell with you, but I’m very excited.”

Kyla took Sienna’s hand in her own and gave it a bit of a squeeze.

“I’m more relieved than anything else.” Kyla shifted in the leather seat stretching out her long legs. Looking out the shuttle’s window, she watched the horizon for a moment before looking down at the trees whizzing past below. “Finally I may be able to stand up straight in my own home.”

The growth had continued, the cities forced to cope with buildings that were too small. Instead of tearing down structures in the old sections of town, they were left standing for Halfings and Minis to use. When the buildings got too small for them, then they would be torn down, the material recycled, and then rebuilt in larger form.

“There it is…” Sienna said with awe as their partially built home came into view. “Just like our old manor on Earth.”

“Except that it is absolutely massive.” Replied Kyla.

**
“Amarice, you must stop worrying, all will be fine you’ve done a fantastic job.” Parcrya spared a glance to her love seated on her shoulder.

“One never knows with the Empress.” Replied Amarice as the Imperial shuttle made its landing.

All present knelt as the Empress and her consort walked down the ramp. As ever the Empress was daunting in her dress uniform, her wife could not be more differently attired, Sienna wearing a shimmering dress of indigo blue with heels.

“Get up.” Both Parcrya and Amarice upon her shoulder stood.

“Great Gods Amarice!” Kyla looked way up to see the bottom of a window still, her gaze traveling farther up the monumental structure. “You’ve built on a massive scale!” she finally finished.

Amarice swallowed. “Yes Empress, I felt it best we prepare for the growth as best we can.”

“I think I have a greater understanding of what it feels like to be mini sized,” said Sienna while looking up, and up, and up…

Little Amarice giggled despite herself, causing the Empress to laugh.

“The Manor is far from finished,” The mini gestured to the main doors. Kyla took the hint and after clasping Sienna’s hand in her own, began to walk forward. “What you see here is just the main entrance hall and a cluster of five rooms.”

“Just five rooms!” Sienna was aghast. She looked about the space “I’m as tall as the granite baseboard.”

“Amarice, while I appreciate you taking the growth into account, this space is enormous.”

The Mini figited a bit at the Empress’ words, but as Crya had instructed remained resolute. “True, the space is very large, Empress, but I believe necessary due to the growth.”

“How high is the ceiling?” asked Sienna.

“600 feet my lady.” Replied Amarice.

**
“Well, you did want a bigger house.”

Kyla smirked down at her wife for a moment, then got into bed. “True. I was tired of bumping the ceiling with my head, but this…this…” her voice trailed off as Sienna snugged up next to her.

“Do you really think we will grow this big?” asked Sienna. She moved one of her hands, fingers trailing across Kyla’s incredible abs.

“Amarice sure thinks so.”

“Yes, but what do you think?”

“It is a distinct possibility.” Kyla replied. “I already stand nearly 35 feet tall, an unheard of height even for us Colossi.” She slipped an arm round Sienna. “You aren’t exactly petite either.”

Sienna huffed in false outrage, before chuckling. “Good.” She responded.

“Good?”

“We shall be more than a match for the old Empire.”

Kyla remained silent.

“Promise me something my love.”
“What would that be?” Kyla scooted a bit in bed, relishing the fact that she actually fit.

“Should the old Empire attack, show them no mercy, conquer them.”

Kyla lay stunned.

“I promise.”

Chapter 16 by Gille

At first she was only slightly taller than the base board, and then if she really stretched, the window sill was reachable. Now, Kyla reflected, she could stand and look out through the bottom of the window.

200 feet…

She was 200 feet in height.

The growth had continued to accelerate.

It seemed so terribly surreal; she didn’t feel 200 feet tall. Mostly due to everything being scaled up to accommodate her and the other Colossi. The smaller peoples, the Halflings, and Minis had also grown. Now they occupied the city center, the oldest part of the colony.

The growth in size was also being accompanied by another kind of growth, a population boom. More people would eventually mean more problems and greater need for regulation but so far the police and courts had done well in enforcing the laws passed by Parliament.

Parliament… Kyla frowned. The people had demanded more representation, and so she had gradually acceded to their will. The original council had been disbanded, elections held, a new constitution written. Little Baroun had been elected Prime Minister and was now running the government day to day. A Mini, running the government, nothing like that would have even been tolerated on Earth.

Moving away from the window, Kyla sat, slumping down into her newest chair built to accommodate her latest size increase. Looking down, she was garbed in her typical white tunic with black pants and boots. All dressed up and nowhere to go…

There was nothing for her to do… She was an Empress without Imperial Power. A symbol of the Empire, nothing more.

Baroun busy running the government…

Parcrya busy running the military…

Amarice busy planning and constructing their manor…

Sienna was busy with the specks.

The tiny people had wished to build a city within the confines of the terrarium, an outpost in a land so much bigger than they were. There were some, 10 million of them, all living life on a table. Both she and Sienna could see the city taking shape, could see the buildings, they just could no longer clearly see the people within it.

She had tried to stay busy… Her workout time had expanded to four hours a day, something to pass the time. Every now and again, Parcrya would ask her advice on starship building, or some other military matter. Nothing major…

“And how has your day been?”

Sienna breezed into their sitting room.

“Good.” Kyla said dejectedly. In the silence which followed, Sienna took the opportunity to plop down square in Kyla’s lap.

“Amarice is so excited to open the main wing of the house. Soon we will have a proper living room, a full dining room, a lovely enclosed arboretum—“

“Wait, we have an enclosed arboretum?”

“Yes.” Sienna smiled up at her. “The trees are mini sized; they will be beautiful I’m told.”

“Oh…”

“We also will gain more bedrooms, a lovely breakfast room, and a new jogging path for you.”

“Very nice.”

Sienna leaded against her much larger wife, frowning as she did so. Kyla’s depressed mood was understandable, she was used to being in charge making decisions, not suited to being restricted to only a ceremonial role.

“Kyla, let’s take some time off.”

Sienna’s statement caused her wife to snort in amusement.

“All I have is time.”

“Honey—“

“What would you like to do?” asked Kyla, cutting Sienna off before she could once again speak about understanding how tough it was to be without purpose after a life spent holding and wielding power.

“I wana go camping.”

Kyla sat up a bit. “Camping? You’re joking.”

“I’m serious, like we used to do long ago when we were first dating.”

“That was to get out of your parents’ house, you never liked camping otherwise.” Kyla got a playful slap on the arm for that remark.

Well, now I want to. Let’s take a short trip, somewhere close, like the moon once reserved for the Minis.

“The one the specks would like to colonize?”

“Yes, they are waiting to see if Parliament approves, seems their planet is getting a bit restrictive.”

Kyla held back another snort of amusement, but just barely. “They are a tiny race, I don’t see how they could possibly fill—“

“There are some, 40 trillion of them.”

“Impossible!”

“Very possible, honey, like our people they were fruitful and multiplied.”

“I’ll say they did, and fast.”

“They live such short lives, while our aging has slowed to a crawl, theirs has remained constant. The only extension they get is by advances in medical science.”

“Poor specks, they really didn’t fare as well as the rest of us.”

“We must continue to protect them.” Sienna was firm.

“I agree, but the matter is out of my hands, Parliament must deal with the issue.”

“I worry Kyla.” Sienna shifted closer, to lay her head against her wife’s shoulder. “I worry that it may be a case of out of sight out of mind with the specks. As they disappear from view, more and more of us will no longer consider them as people. Even now the Parliament seems loathe living up to our commitment to keep the specks safe.”

“How quickly we forget.” Kyla lamented. “Without the specks, founding this colony would have been much tougher.”

“You must say something.” Sienna insisted.

“I am powerless.”

Kyla looked down feeling Sienna poking her in the chest. “You still have much influence, use it.”

“I’ll do what I can.”

“I know you will, you always have.” Sienna hopped off her lap, “Enough politicking lets pack.”

“Now!?”

“Yes, now.”

With a heavily exaggerated groan, Kyla stood. “You hate the outdoors.”

“Not these outdoors,” Teased Sienna.

**

Parcrya stole a glance over at her love as they walked.

Amarice was standing near her neck, tucked safely behind and holding onto the high collar of her tunic. Parcrya could help but smile a bit seeing the mini listening intently to the sounds of the forest, her head swiveling at the calls of the birds within the canopy above, then downward to the forest floor, wide eyes trying to spot what was making particular rustle in the distant underbrush.

Amarice took no experience for granted; she lived every moment as best she could.

Parcrya found it adorable.

As Parcrya had grown a bit too big for their home, the Empress had asked and Parliament had appropriated monies for the construction of a new home within the land granted to the Empress.

It was a beautiful retreat from the pressures of leading the military, and a respite from the commotion of an ever expanding capital.

Upon entering, Parcrya couldn’t help but breathe a sigh of relief that the day was done. (She could have sworn she heard Amarice do the same.)

Designing the massive manor house was draining on Amarice, not only did she have to revise and update plans, but also deal with the engineers tasked with building the grand home. Colossi engineers no less, a most stubborn and irascible group of people.

Carefully, Parcrya allowed their Halfling servant to take her black cloak, and then it was upstairs to change… The best moment of the day, was the exchanging of military tunic for comfy shorts and tee.

Silently, she offered her hand and Amarice moved to stand upon it. Ever so gently, Parcrya placed her love by the door to her little home. The home had a wonderfully appointed living room, but much like the Empress and Lady Sienna, both Parcrya and Amarice preferred the sitting room by the master bedroom for daily living.

Dinner was always low key. Tonight’s entrée was already sitting at the little table for two tucked into an alcove. Spicy Shrimp with creamy Polenta sat.

Parcrya suppressed a smile as she sat Amarice down upon the table top, the two of them were much alike, She dressed in a tee and shorts, Amarice in soft cotton pants and tee. Both loved casual living when at home.

Taking a seat, Parcrya flared out her cloth napkin, then placed it neatly into her lap. With learned skill she took a single shrimp from the pot and cut a portion off for Amarice. A dab of sauce, a wee dip of Polenta and her mini love was served. Seeing how much Amarice ate, when compared to herself made Parcrya feel like… what was the word the Empress always used? A glutton, that was it, she consumed far more than the mini.

“So what do you think of my idea?” asked Amarice.

Parcrya quickly took a large bite, so she wouldn’t have to answer immediately. Truthfully, she had thought about it and oddly the idea was both arousing and terrifying…

**

“Without my help, whatsoever would you do?”

Kyla thought of a few choice responses to Sienna’s snarky question as she alone had put up their tent, but wisely kept her mouth shut

Giving her wife a momentary smirk, Kyla then turned to walk back to the shuttle to grab the food, and their sleeping bags. This was far from roughing it for sure. The shuttle had a full bathroom, a sitting room, a bedroom, even a small kitchen. Yet Sienna wanted to sleep under the stars as she put it, so Kyla had obliged.

Now she knew why Sienna didn’t mind camping in these woods. Everything was on the scale of a mini. The forest surrounding them rose up to Kyla’s knees. Everything in this landscape was Lilliputian, the planet being designed for mini colonization. Good thing they brought food, Kyla didn’t think the tiny wildlife would be very filling.

“Isn’t this planet lovely?” Sienna asked upon her return.

“Haven’t had the time to take in the view, bit busy here.” She knelt, unrolling the sleeping bags in their tent.

“I like the idea we are the only people on this world, the whole planet is ours.” Sienna carefully sat then shifted, her movement knocking down a couple of trees.

“Good thing we have the place to ourselves, what with you breaking everything.” Kyla couldn’t resist, laughing when her words earned a glare from Sienna.

“Guess what!?” said Sienna while rooting through her pack.

“Ummmm…” Kyla appeared to be thinking hard, drawing it out until Sienna stopped rooting and looked up in annoyance.

“I dunno what?”

“Kyla you’re impossible sometimes. I brought stuff to make smores!”

“Smores?”

“Yeah, you know gram crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate.” Sienna shrugged, “Or items which are close enough to it anyway.”

Kyla was about to throw in another sarcastic comment, but the hopeful look on her wife’s face caused her to think better of it. “I can’t remember the last time I had Smores... what a great idea.”

Sienna grinned wide, then just as fast as her smile had appeared it faded.

“We need a fire and I don’t think these little trees will be enough, we’d have to burn a ton of them to even—“

“I knocked down thousands in landing, might as well use them.” Kyla had felt badly in

leveling so much timber. A mistake thinking she was landing far enough away to not cause harm. Sienna smiled again. Standing she began searching for rocks large enough to create a fire pit.

**

“Amarice… are you sure.”

“Yes.” The mini said succinctly.

Parcrya paused to raise a hand, running fingers though auburn hair. “I just…just worry about your safety. I mean when I climax, there’s no holding back, Should something happen I’d never forgive myself.

“I’ve had them constructed as strong as possible, I’ll be fine.”

Amarice padded over to the smooth metal sphere, stopping to punch in a code.

Parcrya’s eyes widened watching as the sphere opened and Amarice clamored inside.

Now or never… thought Crya as the ball closed.

With supreme gentleness, she lifted the ball, and then gingerly placed it within.

“Oh!”

Parcrya wasn’t expecting such a sudden jolt of pleasure. She’d never experienced anything like this!

Within, Amarice placed her shoulder against the inner surface of the ball, causing it to roll to and fro within her giant love. Even in the sphere, she could tell her actions were having the intended effect. One major drawback was that every time Crya’s hips moved, it was, well, a stomach dropping experience. Still, Amarice pressed on, even though the heat level was steadily rising, and her muscles were becoming fatigued.

“ Baby…I…!”

“Gonna…”

Hearing those words Amarice braced herself.

“Cum!” the moment Crya bellowed out, the top and bottom of the sphere collapsed inward and Amarice was tossed about roughly.

Slowly the storm subsided… Amarice could hear, could feel the labored breaths of her lover.

A sense of satisfaction filled the Mini. She had been within her love and brought her to orgasm.

Amarice held on as the sphere she was in was pulled free. Mere moments after releasing the hatch, she was scooped up and pressed against giant lips.

**

Kyla tossed another couple of handfuls of trees on the fire, then leaned back again.

“See aren’t you glad we did this?” asked Sienna looking back and upward to see her wife’s face.

“Yeah, I am.” Kyla smiled slightly while looking down at Sienna who was sitting comfortably between her long legs. “It’s nice to be free from it all.”

Sienna snugged up closer, wondering if Kyla would elaborate, deciding it best not to press the matter.

“I’m used to ruling, you know, making decisions…” Kyla continued. “I feel a bit lost now that I don’t have anything to rule.”

Sienna remained silent.

“But… its better that I don’t have unlimited power, better that rule by the many has arrived.”

“Empress…”

Kyla sat bolt upright, looking round.

“What is it?” asked a very confused Sienna.

“Empress, many apologies for interrupting but we must… No! No! Wait!”

A smirk upon dark lips, she had raised her hand, finger about to probe around an ear.

“I’ve got specks in my ear.”

“You have..? Specks in…?” Understanding shone of Sienna’s features. “Good thing we weren’t doing anything, um, well you know.”

“Again many apologies, we felt it best to speak with you right away. Parliament has voted…”

“And?” Kyla asked impatiently.

Sienna was dying to ask what the specks were saying, but she held back.

“They have refused us this planet.”

By Kyla’s look, Sienna knew the news was not good.

“The reason?” Kyla pressed.

“The members believe it would be better used for other types of economic development, their words, Empress.”

“The Parliament has refused to cede this planet.” Kyla said curt so Sienna could understand.

“Empress…” Kyla stiffened a bit hearing Sienna use her title. “Is it not your prerogative to control any territory not yet colonized?”

A most feral smile formed on Kyla’s dark lips. “It is.”

“Then you, not Parliament has the final say on who may visit this world and who may live upon it, until such time as a request to join the Empire is formally submitted.

“What would I do without you?” asked Kyla.

Sienna winked playfully.

**

The hour was late…

The insistent chirping of her pad woke her…

“This better be good.” Groused Parcya as the lights within Amarice’s little cabin came on.
Picking up the pad, she blinked trying to will her eyes into focusing on the image on the screen.

“Commander, we have received a message… From Earth!”

Chapter 17 by Gille


The image on the view screen played silently on a constant loop. It had been replayed so many times all in the room knew the message by rote.

The man speaking on screen was young probably 18 to 19 years of age. His appearance was disheveled, uniform tatty, face dirty, and bleeding. He’d been in quite a fight or perhaps been dolled up to appear to have been in a scrap.

A member of the rebellion, his words…

Fighting for freedom against tyranny, again, his words…

Whatever else he had to say, was unknown. A series of explosions had sounded; then the sound accompanying the image failed. Moments later the link was severed.

“I remain firm, we should not intervene. This could well just be a trap,” Said the representative of the Halfling people. “Let those on Earth take care of themselves.”

“Would it not be prudent, to at least send unmanned probes to investigate the matter?” Parcrya asked.

“It is not your place to speak!” Baroun barked. “As chief of the military your job is to take orders, not give suggestions.”

Parcrya fell silent, but fuming as evidenced by her stormy expression.

“It would be wise to see the happenings with a potential enemy.” The leader of the Speck high council added from the view screen.

“And if they prove to be belligerent toward us? Asked Baroun, “You Specks going to fire your lasers, maybe singe the hairs of their arms?”

This had gone on long enough… Kyla cleared her throat, the action silencing those in the room.

“You lot have been arguing for hours, and still I hear no course of action.”

“Empress, I remind you that you are out or order, only those of us elected to position may speak.”

Kyla looked down at Baroun with no small amount of disdain. Attempting to keep her temper in check, she chose not to voice her displeasure, but rather display it by tapping one of her fingers on her desk, jostling the little Prime Minister.

“I should like to hear what the Empress has to say on the matter,” The Colossi member of the cabinet spoke. “She has much experience in military matters.”

“That will not be necessary,” Baroun grasped his chair in an attempt to keep from toppling over, due to the vibrations from the incessant tapping on by the Empress. “I have heard your viewpoints and I alone will make the decision.”

“Dismissed,” Baroun ordered imperiously.

While the others took their leave, Kyla did not.

“You may go.”

Such defiance from one so small… mused the darker part of Kyla, intolerable.

“You do not order me.” She said with a low dangerous tone.

“You still act as if you had some power… Empress,” sneered Baroun.

“Speaking of power, you’ve found a taste for it I see. It’s very common; I’ve seen it many times.”

“No longer shall the smaller peoples cower before you Collosi, you are no longer masters, but equals, you obey the laws we pass.

“Speaking of law…” Kyla chose to stand, slowly rising up to her full frightening height. Of all the inhabitants on this world she happened to be the biggest, not even the largest of the Collosi approached her current height of 200 feet.

“By law, I hereby take control of the second moon.”

Baroun was speechless for a moment, before flushing in anger. “Absolutely not! You cannot—!”

“I am well within my rights,” Kyla quirked an eyebrow. “Under the law,” She finished smugly.

“I know where you are going with this! The Parliament has decreed the moon open for mining, the specks were voted down.”

Kyla could hold back no longer, she slammed her fist upon the desk. Little Baroun was tossed up into the air; landing on his feet, he staggered, stumbling right off the top of the desk.

“Your cronies in the Parliament voted down the specks because of their investments in the very mining companies now approved to harvest ore from the planet!” she bellowed.

Kyla rounded the desk, to loom over the mini. Baroun shivered looking at his reflection in the shined surface of the Empress’ boots, and then his gaze slowly traveled far upward to meet her face.

Gaining some degree of confidence, Baroun stood, raising a hand, one finger moved to point up at the towering behemoth. “You just do this at the specks urging! They wish to colonize the planet in defiance of Parliament.”

“Yes… I am Empress over all our peoples, not a select few.” Replied Kyla, while shifting her boot slightly, spooking the little man into jumping backward.

“I can have Parliament strip you of your title.”

Kyla placed hands on hips, “Do so and watch your precious democracy collapse as many will choose to follow me.”

Baroun knew his bluff had been just been called. Many looked to the Empress as the one who helped them through the tough times when the colony was new. They may well follow her into a revolution against his government.

“Very well Empress---“

“Speak up Baroun, you are very small and I quite large, it is difficult for me to hear you.” Inwardly, she smiled seeing his angry reaction.

“The law you invoke states you must spend time in the territory you chose to govern…” Even at her height Kyla could see the arrogance upon his face. “…may you enjoy your time on a planet where everything is mini sized, where you cannot see the people you desire to protect. One errant step from you and perhaps, thousands or even millions of specks die. I’d hate to see charges of… murder… filed against you.”

“Were I you, I’d worry less about that moon and the specks, and more about that message from Earth.” Kyla turned to leave, stepping a bit heavier than usual, to be sure to rattle Baroun all the more.

When she had gone, Baroun sighed while looking way up. His shuttle was on the desktop. He’d better start climbing.

**
“It sounds as if these people need our help.” Amarice said soft.

Pulled out of thought, Parcrya looked down at her mini love sitting upon her knee. Amarice had a gift in being able to cut though arguments with simple logic. To her, those on Earth asked for help, therefore help should be given.

“Many do not think the as you do.”

For long moments the two of them sat silent.

“You must do what you think is best of course…”

But what is best? Thought Parcrya. Moments later a grin began to form upon her face, a devious glint shining in her eyes.

“Amarice, how would you like to take a vacation?”

The mini blinked, stunned at this turn “A vacation?”

“Yes,” Parcrya smiled, “I hear the forest moon is lovely this time of year.”
**
“Damn, him! Damn that man!” Kyla’s hand closed, crushing the little tree held within, “That insufferable Mini slug!” Pieces of tree were then flung to land hundreds of feet away.

Sienna decided it best to keep quiet and allow Kyla to rage until the anger within burned out. It had been like this since this morning. She knew Kyla to be furious at Baroun, her anger was in full control. It was a tad frightening. Kyla was much bigger and stronger than she was, but still Sienna remained resolute.

It was Sienna how suggested they return to the moon, Kyla could rage and bellow all she wished without causing rumors to circulate in the manor house and beyond. Sienna had learned long ago that ears were everywhere.

“Did I accept loss of power for this?” Kyla paced, “To be told off by a worthless Mini?!”

“Are you upset at what he did, or by the fact that he is a mini and you a Colossi?”
Sienna did not look away even under the weight of Kyla’s withering glare.

With a huff, Kyla sat, slumping down against the hillside, crushing trees under her as she did.

“Both…” she said soft.

Sienna so loved her wife, Kyla was always brutally honest, even when doing such was painful.
Scooting closer, She wrapped her arms round her larger love. “You’ve done great things Kyla, made sure the Specks can live upon this planet and stopped Baroun’s plans to enrich himself and his friends by taking bribes for mining contracts.

“True…” grumbled Kyla, “But only for a time, eventually the Parliament will act, ending my governance.

“We are most grateful Empress.”

Kyla startled. “How long have you been there?” she asked grumpily.

“Huh?” Sienna was confused, believing Kyla was speaking to her.

“The specks are back in my ear again.” Kyla sighed. “Look, you people can’t just pop in any time ---”

“Many apologies Empress, we have no other way for you to know we are here.”

Kyla wanted to argue but couldn’t, the specks were too small to see.

“What are they saying?!” Sienna was vexed by not knowing what was transpiring. “How come the little ones never land in my ear?”

“They are thanking me.” Kyla said matter of fact.

“Look… Don’t thank me yet, this isn’t over, Baroun and his cronies will soon override my proclamation.

“We are sorry, that we voted to so severely limit your powers, Empress.”

“Don’t be,” Kyla looked down at her hands, “It was for the best too much power in the hands of any individual is dangerous, especially someone like me.”

“Be that as it may, we still see you as our greatest protector and we are prepared to give you our full support should you need it.”

“Oooh!” Sienna cried. “I can hear them now! Wait how are you doing that? I thought you were in Kyla’s ear.”

Kyla smirked at her wife. “More than one ship, love.” She explained.

“We shall begin moving people and building materials to the far side of the moon well away from you.”

“I wish we could have found a way for you to grow.” Sienna lamented.

“So do we, but we must all do the best we can with what we have. Farewell for now Empress.”

“I must say, I do appreciate the irony.” Sienna spoke after a time.

“Irony?” Kyla looked up.

“Yes, you were once so dismissive of the specks.” Sienna stood to saunter over to her wife. Kneeling she pushed Kyla’s legs apart, then settled between them, “Now you are their most ardent supporter.”

“Yeah, some irony.”

The dark anger within had dissipated Sienna could tell it by Kyla’s voice. The fire of anger had burned itself out, her wife was tired, worn; she needed a bit of rest.

“I brought stuff to make some more s’mores.” Sienna said with hope shinning in her tone.

Kyla shook her head and chuckled.
**
“Do you really think the Empress will go for this?”

“Only way to know is to ask, love.” Parcrya looked down at Amarice, seated in her usual spot upon her shoulder.”

“It must be wonderful being so tall…” Amarice was thinking aloud.

“Why do you say that?” Crya asked.

“You move to fast, able to cover so much ground with each step…. And…” Amarice continued, before Crya could speak. “And you can see so very far!”

“True, but I also, don’t fit into places like you can… And!” Parcrya mimicked Amarice stopping the mini from speaking and causing her to laugh. And it takes much more resources to keep me going compared to you.”

“You’re the most beautiful person in the whole universe!”

If anyone else had said that Parcrya would have burst into laughter. But Amarice had said it and that made all the difference.

“Do you think the Empress will mind us dropping in?” Amarice asked, unaware how much her simple statement had affected Parcrya.

“If…um…if she did, we’d know by now.” Parcrya sniffed a little, then gained control of her bearing. Gods! Amarice was wonderful!

“She must have heard the ship, and it’s not like I can hide amongst the trees.”
Amarice giggled, true her love loomed over the entire landscape.

“Is that their campfire?”

“Yep, C’mon.”

“Where else would I go?” asked Amarice. “I’m sitting by your neck.”

“Figure of speech, love.” Parcrya laughed.
**
“I like s’mores!” Declared Amarice.

Sienna smiled, watching as Cyra took the tinest bit from her s’more and give it to Amarice.
“What you have planned, could be considered treason, Kyla shifted a bit. “Just the fact that you are meeting me here could give Baroun cause to dismiss you.”

“Is it not worth it?” asked Amarice. “To go see what help we can give those on Earth?”

Sienna padded Kyla’s knee, then looked back and into the blue eyes of her love, “Very worth it.”

Chapter 18 by Gille

Kyla was on edge, ready for the operation to commence.

Yet, here before her was Baroun, rambling on about the bill about to be passed by Parliament. Kyla smirked, this time he’d chosen not to stand upon her desk; instead he was on a nearby side table.

“They have legal claim.” She finally spoke, cutting him off. “They have taken up legal residence on the forest moon.”

“The Parliament does not feel the way you do Empress, and they, not you, have final say.”
Kyla leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs femininely. “I would urge both you and Parliament to reconsider.”

“The matter is settled.” Baroun said firm. “The specks are to relinquish all territory on the forested moon.”

“We will not.” All within the room looked to the view screen and the image of the leader of the Speck high council.

“You must.” Baroun demanded. “That moon is to be used for mining operations.”

“Operations which will enrich yourself and your cronies in Parliament,” The speck leader, named Aiden charged.

Kyla liked this man Aiden, he did not mince words.

“The bill will be passed by Parliament, will become law.” Baroun wisely chose not to answer the charge, made by Aiden, mainly because it was true.

“If you hold this vote, if this bill passes, we shall withdraw from the government.”

Baroun looked to the speck upon the screen, studying him for quite a time. The stakes in this game has just been raised considerably. "Well, you're just Specks, no real loss."

“I must tell you, that in this particular matter, the Collosi members of Parliament stand in solidarity with the Speck people.” Jaycone, leader of the Collosi caucus spoke, “If this bill passes we shall also withdraw from the government.”

Baroun looked to the Empress who leaned back in her chair, not one flicker of emotion upon her features. He knew full well that if he pressed the passage of the bill now, his government would fall. In such a case, the Empress would assume emergency powers and rule alone until a new government could be formed.

“Tensions are high…” The Halfling Jada rose to her feet; “May I suggest a delay on this vote, say… 14 days?”

“I agree,” Baroun took the opportunity given him by Jada. A week would give him time to formulate a plan.

Kyla slowly stood, these last few months had been tough. Every delay tactic possible had been used to hold up a final vote on the mining bill. The threat of withdrawal from the government by both Colossi and Specks was the last attempt to stop the bill from passage and finally kill Baroun’s plan. Or… the little man might just go ahead with the vote and fracture this fragile coalition democracy in hopes of forming a government more favorable to his own ends.

“I would urge all members of parliament to carefully consider their options. This issue could cause irrevocable harm to our government.” Kyla’s words were meant solely for Baroun.

The little man glowered at her, but said nothing.

Turning, Kyla began to walk away, until Baroun’s question gave her pause.

“Why must you insist upon protecting these specks?”

“They are people, like you, like me. They deserve rights and respect no matter how small.” Kyla placed hands on hips, looking down at the little man on the table.

“Their increasingly diminutive size makes them become an ever greater burden upon our resources. They need more and more protection just to survive. I believe they would do far better under our care safely enclosed in terrariums where---“

Baroun yelped in surprise as Kyla deftly snatched him into her hand. His stomach hit the floor as she lifted him to a spot directly in front of her face.

“How quickly you forget.” growled Kyla. “That your own people were considered living toys by many of us Colossi. Sienna convinced me it was best to respect your new status as citizens when I was a Viceroy, even though many considered your people to be a… burden.

“They are too weak to---“

Baroun attempted to argue. He didn’t finish his sentence, hard to do so when upside-down.
Kyla smirked at the little man, hanging as he was, one leg pinched gently between her thumb and forefinger.

“You are weak compared to me, compared to even the smallest of us Colossi, yet we deem it a good for your people to have rights, to be treated as equals.”

She raised the little man directly in front of her eyes. “If you continue to pursue this course, your actions may not only bring down the government, but also the partnership between our peoples. Consider this Baroun, should you fracture the government, then absolute power falls on me. The moment power is mine; perhaps I will order the forced relocation of your people to the forest moon.”

“You wouldn’t dare!” Baroun shouted while struggling vainly to pull himself upright.

“Count on it, worthless little man.” A menacing smile appeared on dark lips. Your people and the specks can war with each other over who may colonize the planet. I hear the specks have very advanced weaponry, should prove to be quite a fight.

The fingers holding him let go without warning.

Baroun screamed as he fell.

Catching him with her other hand, Kyla made it a point to set him down ever so gently upon the table top before she walked away.
**
Within the hangar bay of the Imperial Starship Vengeance, Parcrya stood, watching anxiously as the walkway lowered. Even though she had checked time again to see all was ready, something could always go awry.

Parcrya nodded as the Empress and her consort appeared at the top of the ramp. The officer of the deck yelled out the order. Instantly, the assembled crew of Halflings, Minis, and Colossi came to attention.

“Gods…” muttered Amarice from her spot within Parcrya’s collar as the Empress ducked down. Parcrya was thinking much the same as she moved to kneel. Kyla was dressed in her usual tunic of white, skin tight black pants with gold stripes down the side, neatly tucked into highly shined black boots. At her side, tucked into its holster was her blaster.

“Get up.”

Parcrya did so walking a step behind the Empress and to her right.

“Civilians are not to be on military missions Commander.”

“Empress--” Sienna began in a deferential tone.

“But, if Amarice is anything like my wife,” Kyla continued. “There was no way you were going to keep her from your side.”

Parcrya smiled.

With a slight turn of her head, Kyla winked at Amarice. “You are most devoted, little one.”

“Shall we get underway Empress?” asked Parcrya.

“Immediately. Best possible speed.” Kyla ordered, ducking down low to get through a door.
Finally after months spent hand selecting a loyal crew and ship, they would return to see what was happening on Earth.

**

“This is not going to end well.”

“Then why did you agree to it?”

Kyla looked down at Sienna and shrugged. “Pure curiosity.”

“It was more than that,” Sienna poked Kyla in the leg with her finger. Gods on high! Kyla was growing absolutely enormous! Now her wife stood a full 370 feet in height, taller than every Colossi in the New Empire. “You want to help them, which is most admirable I think.”

“If they will accept our help.” Replied Kyla, looking up warily at the all too close ceiling, as the door to their private quarters slid shut. As the Vengeance was her flagship, it had been built, then rebuilt again to accommodate her even increasing inches. Now it was on the verge of being too small again. Kyla was beginning to wonder if and when the growth would stop.

“The messages seemed sincere, they appear to be fighting for freedom.” Sienna gingerly lowered herself into a chair, even for her the furnishings were a bit small. The tight fit of the chair was all but forgotten as she gazed down at the side table. There, just visible were the massed ships of the Specks all proudly lined up ready for inspection by their Empress. She didn’t dare lean forward any further, lest her breath blow them all away.

“You are ready for your part in this mission?” Kyla asked softly just in case the crews of these ships had chanced to stand upon the tabletop. Inwardly Sienna chastised herself for not remembering to do so when they entered the room, the sound of her voice must have been deafening to the Specks.

“We are great Empress.” The voice sounded in Kyla’s ear.

“You are to be our scouts, you size will ensure that you will not be seen by the inhabitants of Earth. I want to know what exactly is going on leave no stone unturned.”

“As you command.”

Sienna watched as the teeny ships lifted off. For her to just be able to see them, they must be enormous on the speck scale.

“Where are they going?”

“To an area, off the main bridge, to wait until we enter the Earth’s solar system. Then they will launch.”

For long moments, Sienna sat in silence as Kyla took off the belt holding her blaster. Outside the viewport, the stars blurred as the ship entered warp.

“Do you think Baroun will find out?”

Kyla paused to take a seat, squeezing into a chair. “The specks tell me they’ve created a false image of us on the forest moon that we shall appear to just be taking a long vacation with Parcrya and Amarice.”

“If he decides to investigate further? Figures out the Vengeance is missing?"

“The ruse will be discovered, and from there who knows.” Kyla crossed her legs. “I may be a former Empress, in jail for treason, and you—“

“By your side.”

Kyla watched mutely as Sienna dipped her head, looking down into her lap.

“Empress, hear my plea.”

Uh-oh… Kyla sat up a bit.

There was no way to ease into the subject so it was best to plunge right in.

“I am of the opinion…” Sienna paused to raise her head and look Kyla directly in the eye.

“My love, why do you cry?” Kyla leaned forward and Sienna allowed her to grasp her hand.

“Because what I say now, I had hoped never to say.”

“And that is?”

“The Speck people, for their own protection, should be placed within terrariums again.”

Kyla recoiled in shock. “What!?”

“I know full well how it sounds. That I, who was one of the first to consider the Specks equal to ourselves now ask that they be placed into a cage.”

Kyla stood, beginning to pace immediately “I fought for the specks, secure in the knowledge that you were on my side in this! Now you tell me they should be caged!?! You side with Baroun!?!”

Sienna let out a pained sigh. “Be patient my true love,” she placated seeing the anger upon Kyla’s face. “Hear me.”

Kyla stopped pacing, crossing her arms over her chest, she glared at her wife.

“I am always on your side. I just ask you to consider my point of view. Kyla, you are 370 feet tall and continuing to grow. In fact, the pace of growth for all of us continues to increase. Even with the incredible advancements the specks continue to make, it will soon be impossible for them to scale a weapon large enough to stop beings which from their perspective are thousands of miles tall.”

Kyla moved to look out the viewport. Her back to Sienna. For a time, silence between them.

“Something Baroun said,” Kyla finally spoke, “that I am protecting people I cannot see. Truthfully, I’ve had the same thoughts, it pains me, thinking one solitary step could potentially wipe out millions of lives. People I can’t see, people who are much like you and me, except in size, dying under my boot.” Kyla allowed her shoulders to slump forward, “What’s worse, I wouldn’t even know it. I’d just continue blithely walking along, killing millions upon millions more.”

She pivoted, facing Sienna.

“But is it right that we who are so big, take rights from those who are so small. Even if it is in the name of protection?”

Sienna wiped her eyes. “It isn’t. It’s not right, nor fair, but I’ve come to believe it must be done. The bigger we grow as a people, the less those among us will consider the Specks as equal.”

“First, I must talk with the Speck leader, this Aiden. Tell him honestly and forthrightly all that we have discussed here. I need to hear his perspective…. after…. This mission.”

“Agreed.” Replied Sienna. “Because if the Specks return to a cage, they shall never leave it again.”

Chapter 19 by Gille

“Status?”

“Empress, we are cloaked, the speck ships have launched.”

Kyla tightly clasped her hands tight, one over the other; the waiting was the hardest part and it would be a long wait. Due to their scale, the speck ships would be descending though hundreds of miles of atmosphere to reach the surface.

“You are sure your readings are correct.”

Parcrya reflexively licked her lips as the Empress’ cold eyes locked with her own. She knew full well that Kyla considered her a friend as well as Amarice, but this was a military operation, not a social gathering. Failures of any type would not be tolerated.

“Yes Empress. I am sure visuals will back up our sensor data.

With a gesture, Kyla dismissed her commander. Gazing out the viewports on the bridge, she didn’t need much data, being able to see the terrible extent of the damage.

The beautiful blue ball, laced with white clouds was no more. The Earth, even from the distance of space was blackened and scorched. Whole land masses appeared to be wiped clean of all vegetation. The atmosphere had gone from clear to dull creamy beige.

This world was dead, or well into the process of dying…

Kyla looked to her wife, Sienna had said nothing, the shock of what was before her was too great. Scanning the bridge crew, she found many with the same expression. For those who had been sent away to exile, the memory of the Earth they had left seemed fresh, as if was yesterday. They hadn’t been around to witness this slow tide of destruction over the years.

“Gods…” Sienna rasped. “Is there anyone left?”

“A few scattered settlements among the ruins, extremely low evidence of functioning technology.” Parcrya replied. I speculate that the messages we received must have been sent hundreds of years ago. Perhaps at the height of some cataclysmic war that eventually led to the destruction of so many ecosystems that it permanently harmed the planet’s environment.”

Kyla put her arm over Sienna’s shoulders. “I thought being sent into exile was the worst punishment imaginable, now it appears to have been a blessing.”

“Visuals coming in now Empress,” called out an ashen looking Parcrya from her position behind the control panel.

“Well,” Kyla said impatient, “on the viewer then.”

The screen lit and what appeared caused all standing upon the bridge to gasp, as it continued muted sobs could be heard. Tears shed for the loss of the world they once knew.

Devastation the likes of which had never been seen.

Ancient and ghastly ruins filled with rubble and debris, showed evidence of how awful the fighting must have been. The few sheds of skyscrapers left standing had thousands of gaping holes were windows had been, the interiors overrun with vegetation. Infrastructure of every kind transit hubs, bridges, levitating rail and space ports, as well as individual homes, was all in an advanced state of decay. The creations of a civilized culture being overtaken as the planet tried to heal by returning to its natural state.

“Specks report trace amounts of chemical warfare agents, as well as low level radiation signatures from the old time fusion bombs. It appears water systems across the globe contain higher levels of both radiation and chemical agents than the atmosphere. Oceans are barren of all higher forms of life. Though single celled organisms appear to exist, higher order aquatic life appears to be concentrated in lakes and seas.”

“People,” whispered Sienna… “Are there any people left?”

“Population?” Asked Kyla.

“Readings continuing,” answered Parcrya, “At present, estimate 180 million.”

“42 billion was the population when we left.” Sienna was horrified at hearing this news.

“Billions killed off by war.”

“Or perhaps a famine afterward, caused by the destruction of so much farm land.”

“Where are these people?” Kyla left Sienna’s side to walk over to the computer terminal Parcrya was studying.

“Mostly along the equatorial line,” Parcrya answered, “They appear to be grouped in primitive pre industrial civilizations.”

“You mean, they—“

“Have devolved, possibly regressing backward to a hunter gatherer society as we can find very little evidence of organized crop production.”

“What of the shrinking virus?” asked Kyla.

“Specks report it is still present, same as it was over a thousand years ago.”

“I want to go down there.”

“Empress, it could prove dangerous. The radiation and atmospheric pollution--”

“Are well within tolerable levels, I’ve got to see for myself.”

Parcrya steeled herself for what she needed to say. “Empress, I would prefer not contradict you, by order, but I must insist that our soldiers be the first upon the surface.”

“I know you wish to go,” Sienna intervened before Kyla could argue. “But you are the
Empress and as such must not be placed in harm’s way. Wait until it is safe.”

“Very well…” Kyla conceded, not wishing to undermine Parcrya ability to command this ship.

Sienna exhaled in relief.

“But…” Kyla raised a hand, one finger pointing at Parcrya. “I would… advise… you send the Mini’s, they being small will go unnoticed by those on the surface should they use camouflage correctly. Ask for volunteers only.”

“Right, Empress.” Parcrya moved away to being issuing orders.

“I will go down there.” Kyla growled while looking down at Sienna.

“I know, when it is safe, we both will.” Sienna waited for Kyla to disagree on her going to the surface as well.

No disagreement was voiced. Her wife, reflected Sienna, was a very smart woman.
**

“Gone you say?”

“Yes, Prime Minister, the sensor image on the forest moon was a falsehood, albeit a convincing one. Had you not ordered us to personally investigate we would have never found the truth.

Baroun smiled while leaning back in his chair, sometimes instinct paid off.

“And the Vengeance? You say it is gone as well?”

“Yes Mr. Prime Minister,” his spy, Julian replied. “From records I obtained…” fumbling a moment, he then produced a data screen. “It appears select crew members were transferred, over many months those loyal to the Empress then placed onboard.

Baroun chuckled as he looked over the names and transfer dates on the data screen. Julian was quite efficient, even that long dead bastard Torquemada would have been impressed. This was just the evidence he needed, disobeying a direct order not to travel to Earth until Parliament had fully researched the issue. Add in the theft of a Star Destroyer, along with direct tampering with crew assignments.

It was enough to charge the Empress with… treason.

“I am so glad I delayed Parliamentary action on the question. I knew that huge bitch couldn’t resist returning to Earth.” Baroun casually tossed the data pad onto his desk. “I knew I could trap her with this ploy.”

“Julian, give this information to my contacts in the press.” Baroun ordered. “Tell them this is payment in full for not reporting on my various mistresses.”

“You got it Prime Minister.” Jullian picked up the data pad and, after gathering his things, moved to depart.

“Julian…” said Baroun

The young man turned to face him.

Slimy… thought Baroun, Just like Torquemada…

“Good work.”

A nod and Julian was gone.

Baroun was quite pleased. The scandal about to erupt would erode support for the Empress, and by extension the Colossi members of parliament. He could portray the minis and especially to specks as only following Kyla’s orders.

The mining bill would pass of course. But this development could have long term benefits. The Colossi position in the government would be weakened, members might have to disavow the Empress unlawful actions or face a potential loss of their seat in the next election.

Yet, reflected Baroun. This could work out so much better than hoped should he press and Kyla be sent to prison. He could call for new elections immediately, possibly get more Minis’ elected, might even get an outright majority

If he played his cards right, the results of this scandal might even allow him to open the Specks own world for mining and colonization… All by a very official vote in Parliament, of course.
**

“Kyla stop pacing!”

“Sorry…”

Her wife’s pout ensured that in no way could Sienna remain angry.

“It’s just; I’m all cooped up on this ship with nothing to do.”

“They must finish the survey work come, sit, and have some dinner. Parcrya will be along presently.”

“Not hungry.” The glare from her wife caused Kyla to sit down and let out a very exasperated huff.

“Don’t be in such a foul mood Kyla, you will have answers soon enough. In the meantime, you need to eat.” Sienna smiled. “After all you are a growing girl.”

“Hah!” Kyla snorted, but the humor in that statement did cause her to smile.
Sienna paused to take hold of the tureen, scooting it closer so that she might serve her wife.

“Now try to enjoy dinner, the crew put in such hard work to cook for you.”

Kyla’s brows knitted in confusion “They didn’t use the replication units?”

“Nothing is too good for our Empress.” Sienna moved to serve up a bit of soup, waving off the
Halfling servant standing at the ready. “Crème de Tomate.” She said with mocking hauteur.

“Cream of Tomatos,” I do like it, Kyla smiled, the last of her poor mood evaporating.
Flaring out her napkin, Kyla then took silver spoon in hand to dine. “Remind me to thank those who are cooking for us. Really we should be using the replication units same as the rest of the crew.

“Oh Kyla, everyone on board loves you, allow them to serve you.”

“Hmmm…” After a bite or two, Kyla was surprised to find that she was indeed hungry.

“Told you, yah needed to eat.” This time, Sienna did allow Mynia to come forward, with what she knew Kyla loved most Prime Sirloin and Ribs of Beef with Horseradish Cream. When the plate was set before her, Kyla’s face lit up in the most adorable way.

Mynia knew exactly, what veggie Kyla preferred, Globe Artichokes in Butter Sauce. Exactly the item Lady Sienna hated most.

“Ugh,” Sienna crinkled her nose. “I’ll never understand how you can stand those.” She remarked about the Artichokes while her own entrée of Grilled Chilean Sea Bass with Fried Egg Plant was placed upon the table most elegantly by Mynia.

“Maybe if you ate a few of these,” Kyla responded while pointing with her fork at the offending veggie on her place, “You’d grow a bit taller.”

“I’m just right; you’re the odd-ball being taller than everyone else.”

Kyla laughed.

The door to their stateroom chimed, instantly Kyla moved to stand.

“Sit!” barked Sienna.

A stunned Kyla sat back down.

“You need to eat Empress.” Sienna said quietly as Parcrya entered the dining room.

“Sit Commander. Have you eaten?” Even as Kyla asked the question she could clearly tell

something was wrong.

“I-I have not Majesty,” Parcrya moved to sit rather numbly.

Kyla didn’t press, allowing Parcrya to order her thoughts, before speaking. She busied herself by taking a bite of Sirloin. When Parcrya continued to remain silent, Kyla snapped her fingers as Mynia came near, she gestured for Parcrya to be served.

Robotically her commander began to eat.

“And where is Amarice?” asked Sienna by way of making conversation. Truthfully, Sienna was dying to know what was bothering Parcrya, but it was not her place to ask. Kyla would ask when the moment was right.

“She is in the sick bay.”

“Is something wrong?”

“No, no empress not at all, she is staying near those from the planet surface.”

“What?” Kyla put her silverware down. “I thought this was only a reconnaissance mission, when did it turn into a kidnapping?”

“Empress, I know how it seems, that perhaps I overstepped my bounds in transferring some of those on the Earth’s surface to our ship.” Parcrya prefaced. “In my defense, the scouting party was... well, seen by those on the surface. The conditions they found were so deplorable that on my own authority, I ordered the transfer.”

“What were the conditions?” Sienna gestured with her folk and Kyla took a bite.

“The people on the Earth’s surface are dying.”

Kyla leaned back in her chair. “The conditions they live in the cause then?”

“Yes.” Parcrya looked down at her hands. “The pollution levels are low, not any danger to us, but the lack of good food supplies, the tainted water, add in the poor living conditions, and well they are succumbing to diseases which we have all but irradiated.”

“I need to have a look myself Commander, need to see the situation on the planet surface with my own eyes.”

“Understood, but Empress, there is one more detail I must tell you...”
**
The shuttle carrying the Empress touched down most gently upon the surface, above fighters of the Emprie flew overhead in precise formations.

“We have returned home.” Sienna took hold of Kyla’s hand.

“Yes, how I wish it was under different circumstances.”

“Their ancestors chose their destiny my Empress, but we have the ability to set things right.”

The walkway lowered, and Kyla with Sienna by her side stepped off the craft to be met by Parcrya.

Her commander dutifully knelt…

“Rise.”

Parcrya did so.

“Report.”

We have established a no go zone around the village. I felt it best, if people our size kept out of sight until you arrived, Empress.

“Very well,” Kyla looked down at Sienna for a moment, “Let’s go.”

As the Empress stepped forward, she was, as always, an impressive sight. Crisp white Imperial tunic, black pants with gold Imperial stripe, boots polished so highly, the dull clouds above were reflected within them.

For quite a distance they walked, all of it in silence as they viewed the desolation. The land was a dull yellow, the skies and clouds shades of beige. No vegetation, all stripped clean.

“Here Empress, in this little valley.” Said Parcrya.

Rounding a turn, Kyla’s heart sank as she looked upon the village for the first time.

Absolute terror at their appearance, people darting this way and that. Even at her height, Kyla could hear the screams.

Placing hands on hips, she made no further movement forward. It was hard to believe that these tiny people were the descendants of Colossi.

“Kyla---“

“Give them a moment Sienna, let them first come to terms with what that are seeing. Then we will try to communicate.”

Parcrya raised a hand and pointed. “It is as I feared Empress.”

Kyla let out a sigh while dipping her head forward.

“They think we are Gods.” Sienna observed, watching hundreds move lie prostrate on the ground.

“Gods….” Muttered Kyla. “I'm sure they believe us to be Gigantic Gods come to destroy them.”

“Much as the specks once believed Empress.” Added Parcrya.

“Then like the Specks, they will learn otherwise.” Said Sienna firmly.

Chapter 20 by Gille

Smiling didn’t come natural to Kyla.

Sure around Sienna it was easy for her to relax enough to smile, but then she was extremely comfortable around her wife.

Here she was, attempting to smile warmly at the little people standing round her boots. Curious little things, these devolved humans, the largest were nearly as tall as a mini, most quite a bit smaller, on Kyla’s scale maybe half as tall as one of her fingers.

It had taken some time using nonverbal cues to reassure these tiny people that the giants before him meant no harm. Mostly they had moved slowly, when speaking had done so softly. Unfortunately there was a bit of a language barrier, the vernacular of these people was mix of very little English, with new words from their tongue only. The other problem was simply hearing them; one had to listen carefully to hear their high pitched shouts at this height.

She had ordered no other colossi, save the ship’s doctor, to be near the village. Having a crowd of giants standing together, could be overwhelming to these people, better to allow them to get used to the size differential in small doses.

“How did this happen? How did the people on Earth come to be so small?”

“Well they aren’t exactly small Empress; really they are 19 to 25 feet or so. It just what we’ve grown tremendously large in comparison, after all you stand at 370 feet now. “

“Actually she’s 375 feet now, large enough to set of tremors every time one of her big clod-hopping boots slams down,” Sienna snickered.

“You are not exactly petite either.” Kyla smirked as her wife blanched a bit at the truth in those words.

“I have a theory Empress, but it is just that, I need more time to study the data we’ve received.” Kyla looked to the Ship-board doctor. Xelce was around Sienna’s height, her head right at Kyla’s waist. Dressed in a grey imperial tunic and trousers short cut blond hair, with green eyes, she looked to be highly efficient, least by appearances anyway.

“Well, a theory is better than nothing, let’s have it.”

Xelce nodded, shifting a bit on her feet. Kyla watched as the doctor panicked a bit, worried she’d inadvertently hurt the small people standing near. As Xelce checked that all was indeed okay, Kyla though it best to have the Minis work with these villagers. At least they were somewhat near the same height.

All due to the effects of the war, Xelce gestured to the barren landscape surrounding them. “Much of the food producers killed off by the fighting, crops and animals laid waste. The result was these people took in far fewer calories, their immune system weakened and—“

“And the shrinking virus reduced them in size.” Sienna finished.

“Or kept them from growing, Xelce continued, problem is this planet is nearly incapable of supporting life. These people will continue to die, and continue to get smaller in size with every new generation, unless something is done to alter the circumstances.

“We could save them, take them off planet and back to ours.”

“I do not think that to be a good idea, Lady Sienna.”

“Why doctor?”

Xelce, looked down at the little village for a long moment. “These people have devolved over a thousand years; to bring them into our world would create a massive cultural shock.”

“They would not be able to adjust.”

“Precisely, their beliefs, their traditions, all would be torn asunder by them being taken to our world.”

“Then if we cannot take them back with us, then at least we could feed them and---“

“No…”

“No?! Kyla you can’t be that cruel!”

“Sienna,” Kyla clasped her wife’s hands within her own. “If we feed them, then we create dependence, and dependence is just a step away from slavery. We need to find a way to allow them to…discover… new ways of farming, how to raise crops, how to build more
advanced cities, only then they will progress as a people.”

“Kyla what you are saying is that, in essence, we make the Earth into a gigantic terrarium, an entire world in a metaphorical box. What you, and the good doctor here propose is that we who are giant, use our technology to manufacture ways for them to discover farming, to domesticate animals, to gain understanding in how to build a large civilizations.:

“It would appear to be the best solution available.” Xelce stated soft.

“Then I can only say, congratulations my love…”

Confusion marked Kyla’s features. “Why congratulations?”

“Kyla, should this plan be carried out, you move up from the rank of Empress to that of god.”

**

From their various hiding places, those of the White Mountain Tribe watched with fearful awe as the massive black boot of the goddess easily shifted tons of Earth and debris.

“Not much left,” Said Kyla while placing hands upon hips.

“No…” Sienna stepped to her wife, reaching up slightly; she wrapped her arms around Kyla’s waist as best she could.

The grand home they had once lived in was long gone. Just a barely traceable outline of the foundation remained the formal gardens no longer recognizable.

“You’d be too big for it anyway.”

“I can’t help the fact I’m really tall.”

Sienna hugged her tighter, “I’m just teasing, honey you know I love your height.”

Taking her wife’s hand, Sienna led and Kyla followed. The two walked the short distance (for them) to the city nearest, within the only things taller than Kyla were some rusting beams of derelict skyscrapers

Unwittingly, they had moved from the territory of the White Mountain Tribe to the Shadow Moon Clan.

“Ruins… all ruins, such a terrible waste, everything in the old Empire is now gone.” Sienna lamented.

“Not quite everything, evidently some military and evacuation bunkers remained intact, we may be able to piece together what actually happened, given time.”

Down narrow path which once was a large road they walked. Kyla knew where they were going, but she remained silent with that knowledge. Sienna needed this, needed the closure gained by seeing it. Even with the desolation surrounding them, her wife knew the route by heart.

And then…

Both were looking down at an unremarkable patch of Earth.

“Mom and Dad were devastated we were being sent away forever…” Sienna didn’t look up from the spot where her childhood home had been.

Kyla placed her hands upon Sienna’s shoulders.

“They really loved you, you know.”

“I know, your parents gave me to the only family I ever had.”

Sienna chucked. “Dad was so very proud of you, Mom used to tell me stories of how he would tell anyone who would listen about his daughter in law the Viceroy. About how brave you were in battle, how strong you were in defense of the Empire.”

“Not everything I did as Viceroy was as noble as you father liked to paint it.”

“No...” Sienna leaned back against her wife. “But, was tremendously proud of what you’d become as I am proud now of what you’ve become.”

Kyla, never one to give in to emotion, was surprised by the need to blink away tears.

“You can create a better world here my love, you can—“

“As a god?”

“At first, yes.” Sienna was blunt. “But I know you will soon let these little people know who and what we really are when they are ready to hear it.”

“I’m going to need your help Sienna.”

“Always I am here for you, Kyla.”

Kyla found herself needing to wipe her eyes, Sienna loved her so.

“The Speck’s think they can use their technology to begin cleaning the air, water, and soil pollution, that they can keep the planet habitable.”

“For a people we cannot see, they are capable of so much. It is incredible.”

“I see that, you can see that, but Baroun will not.”

“Baroun refuses, due to his own greed and desire for power.” Sienna snugged up closer to her tall wife. “But, I tell you like many others of his ilk he will eventually make a mistake.”

Kyla leaned over, her eyes meeting Sienna’s when her wife looked up.

“Since when did you become such a shrewd contriver?”

“I learned it watching you my Empress.”

Kyla chuckled, “I’m glad you are on my side.”

Both women looked up to see Parcrya approaching at a run, those unseen members of the Shadow Moon Clan were physically lifted then slammed to the ground with each of the giant’s heavy footfalls.

“Empress!”

“Yessss?”

Parcrya paused to catch her breath. “We have received an urgent message from the Prime Minister, he commands us to return home immediately.”

“The jig is up,” said Kyla. “We’ve been discovered.”

“There is more Empress,” Parcrya steeled herself, swallowing hard. “He orders me to place you under arrest.”

Without hesitation, Kyla lifted her hands, ready for the restraining cuffs.

“Empress, I cannot—“

“You must, Parcrya. Remember, plausible deniability. We agreed on this before the operation began. Now, you must arrest me so that the blame will only fall on my shoulders. Either that or have the entire crew face punishment.”

“Very well Empress,” agreed Parcrya, “But I will not place you in restraints that is beneath you.”

Those in the Shadow Moon Clan watched with awe as the Giant Goddesses walked away.”

Chapter 21 by Gille

“So… this is what jail is like.”
Kyla raised her head off the pillow giving her wife an amused look. “You know what jail is like.”

“No,” Sienna corrected from her position sprawled out across her wife. “I knew what jail was like over a thousand plus years ago when we both landed in one.”

“You didn’t have to land in jail, Sienna you tackled a cop to be placed in jail with me.”

“The cop said I hadn’t done anything to be arrested for, so I gave him a reason.” Sienna stretched lazily then curled back up atop her wife.

“Comfy?” asked Kyla in a very sarcastic tone.

“Yes.” Sienna snuggled in a bit more. “You are perfect to lay on, sorry the bed is too small."

“Yeah, well that’s the way of it for me.” Kyla could feel the metal bar of the bed under her knees, her feet flat upon the concrete floor. “More comfortable that the first jail we were in, that one had concrete slabs for beds.”

“And they wouldn’t let me share a jail cell with you.” Sienna grumped.

“Its jail honey, they tend to not treat people as if it were a hotel.”

“Still, I didn’t regret attacking that cop to be with you.”

“You could have just thrown a punch at him and missed on purpose.” Kyla suggested.

“I’ve never thrown a punch at anyone… I don’t really know how.” Sienna replied, with a touch of embarrassment in her voice.”

“I always wondered about that, we were just dating at the time. I mean, I was glad you were there, but you didn’t need—“

“Kyla, I knew from the moment I first saw you that I wanted to always be with you no matter what.”

What could she say in response to that? Everything would sound so trite.

“Love you…”

Sienna squeezed her tight in a hug.
Both were silent for a time, listening to the sounds of the jail, clanging doors, inmates talking, and scuffs of the boots of the guards on the floor.

“You punched that guy so hard, you knocked him out cold.”

“He deserved it for slipping his hand up your skirt. Drunken lout.” Growled Kyla.

“He was on the ground before I even had a chance to react.” Sienna laughed. “I look next to me and there you are, looking ever so sharp in your Imperial Uniform, Lieutenant Kyla Von Essen, hero of the Empire.”

“Well, heroes aren’t exempt from getting arrested for punching people, just like Empresses are exempt from being placed in jail for—“

“Theft of an Imperial Warship.” Sienna lifted her hand and raised a lone finger.

“Falsifying sensor readings to make it appear you were someplace you were not.” Another finger when up.

“Illegally transferring military personnel.” Three fingers where now up.

“And… disregarding the orders of the duly elected government of the Empire not to visit Earth. That, my dear Empress is treason!”

“You really have Baroun’s voice down pat my love.” Kyla laughed.

“Little jerk.” Mumbled Sienna loud enough for Kyla to hear. “I can’t believe he sent mini’s to arrest you.”

“Meant to humiliate, a Colossi, and the Empress no less, being arrested by the little Mini’s.”

“You did so well to not react.”

“Not so hard when you know you are being purposely baited. Hardest part was stepping slowly enough for the Mini’s to keep pace. I think they got quite a workout.”

Sienna chuckled. “I’m jealous of you.”

“What? Why?” Kyla raised her head up from the pillow again.

“Because, no matter what you wear, you look good in it.”

“Black and white stripes look good on no one.”

“Except you.” Sienna grumbled.

“Empress!”

Parcrya’s voice sounded from outside the door as the telltale sound of a key badge was inserted. Moments later the force field at the door, clicked off.
With a groan, Kyla shifted to stand after Sienna had slid off her.

With a smirk, upon her dark lips, Kyla mockingly held out her hands for the restraining cuffs. She was surprised when Parcrya knelt. Little Amarice did the same from her spot upon Parcrya’s shoulder.

“Commander that is unnecessary and unwise as I am accused of treason.”

“Empress, the government has collapsed, you are in sole command of the Empire.”

Kyla was momentarily speechless.

“How?” she asked, followed by a command. “Rise.”

“First, upon seeing the evidence of what had happened upon Earth, the population agreed that in hindsight it was wise of you to undertake the mission to Earth. Second, the people did not like seeing their Empress in chains.”

“See, I told you love,” Sienna slipped a hand round her wife’s waist. “Baroun would take a step too far.”

“Certainly lady Sienna, but there is another reason,” A sly grin from Parcrya.

“All of Baroun’s indiscretions have been exposed. He has several mistresses, many townhomes—“

“So, he’s slimy, that’s not enough to—“

“Ah, but he also has taken many bribes, and so have mini’s in his party. All being exposed in detail. The list of offenses were so terrible, that members of his own party voted no confidence in him.”

“Who got hold of that information to expose him and all the others?”

Parcrya looked to Amarice.

“You, little one?” Kyla was stunned.

Amarice nodded.

“She’s quite the spymaster Empress.”

“Amazing.” Whispered Sienna. “I would have never believed it.”

“Everyone underestimated her, believing her to be naïve and innocent.”

“I am in your debt Amarice.” Kyla said in true gratitude. Little Amarice, once so innocent had truly become a force in her own right.

“I am glad to be in your service Empress.”

Steps behind caused Kyla to smile darkly.

“Well…well..well..” she intoned at seeing Baroun sitting in the hand of a Colossi guard.
The little man began to shake as Kyla bent at the waist her face filling his entire field of vision.

“Empress, what should we do with him?” asked Parcrya.

“Hmmm… put him in a cell for now.”

“Yes Empress.”
**

She leaned back against the little hill, or mountainside depending upon your perspective.

Next to her Sienna let out a sigh of contentment. “I love our new world, but I did miss the beautiful blue skies of Earth.”

“Ummm…hmm.” Was all Kyla said in reply, Her eyes were closed, the warmth of the sun lulling her closer and closer to sleep.”

Both where dressed simply, Sienna wearing a most beautiful sundress, she in her usual skin tight black jogging pants and red sports bra.

She was careful not to twitch her fingers, feeling the Earth people climbing upon them. So incredibly curious these little ones.

The specks had been as good as their word. In an Imperial year, they had transformed the planet back to being habitable again. The technology those microscopic people had was so advanced that Kyla was once again very glad to have them as part of her Empire. Sea life was once again flourishing, animals reappearing, crops being grown. Kyla had ordered, the remnants of the cities on this planet to be wiped clean and the Collosi engineers had done well to remove everything. The little inhabitants of Earth needed a clean slate, free of the past Empire and its evil.

The Specks…

As she expected, they refused to be placed in terrariums, no matter how glorified they may be. Instead they wished to migrate to the planet of Mars, right now that world was being terraformed. The specks taking it upon themselves to be the protectors of Earth. As per her order, no Collosi or mini were to be allowed on Earth without Kyla’s express permission. The specks would use their technology to insure no ship entered the system.

They had learned much about what had happened to the old Empire, a rebellion had begun, a movement to restore some measure of democracy. The fighting had destroyed this world. Kyla taking a lesson from this had ordered new elections in her Empire. Ruling as an absolute monarch, though appealing, was not in the best interests of her people. She had learned from the mistakes of the old Empire, people can either express their opinions peacefully by the vote, or violently by revolution.

The new government had immediately voted funding for the restoration of Earth. Moreover, they had placed Kyla in charge of Earth in perpetuity. Each new Empress would have sole dominion over the Eden that Earth until such time as these people matured.

Unfortunately, not all had gone well. The Colossi, Minis and Specks now were moving to live on separate worlds, in different planetary systems, the differences had been too great. Now they existed in a Federation of sorts, each group having its own style of government on their own planet. Baroun had screwed up their chances of working together.

“Empress?” Parcrya said soft.

Kyla had heard her commander walking up, knew it was Parcrya by her gait.
The little Earth people scattered. Kyla could sympathize. They were so incredibly large it was hard to fault the little ones for running.


Lazily, Kyla opened her eyes. “Yes, commander?”

Parcrya moved to kneel.

“Rise.” Kyla ordered before Parcrya’s knee could touch the ground.

“Empress, I have news of importance.”

“And that would be?”

“Empress, we have found people who claim to be the parents of Lady Sienna.”

“What?!” Sienna sat bolt upright.

“Impossible!” charged Kyla.

“I would have thought so as well, but the Minis found a very well hidden underground bunker complex in the former state called New Zealand. It appears they were placed in perfect stasis long ago.”

Sienna jumped to her feet. “Are they okay?” What did they say?” she blurted as Kyla moved to stand behind.

“They are disoriented, as to be expected.” Parcrya began. “I felt it best to only leave them with Minis as, well, our size can be quite shocking to those of a small stature. Amarice is with them, she’s a natural at putting people at ease.”

Sienna tugged at Kyla’s hand impatiently. “Let’s go!”

“One more thing Empress.”

“Yeah,” replied Kyla as they jogged to the shuttle.

“The former Empress of Earth has also been found.”

Chapter 22 by Gille

Allow me, Mr. Strobel”

“Please, do call me Dietrich.”

“Very well… Dietrich,” Amarice had to lean over to gently grip the older gentleman’s arm.

“My wife, Cathrin.” He introduced as the three walked along the corridor.

The process of waking up from stasis was a slow one, especially when the person has been dormant for well over a millennia. The muscles are sluggish, thoughts foggy.

“We have a bit of refreshment set up for you.” Amarice said cheerfully.

“That would be delightful dear.”

Amarice could feel the trepidation from the older woman, both where being polite, but there was an undertone of fear. Understandable, they weren’t sure as to what to expect.

“The horrible war, ended?” Dietrich asked while looking up at the tall woman.

“Yes.” Amarice said soft, “long past Mr---“

“Please, Dietrich.”

“Of course,” Amarice already liked these people they were warm and very kind. She could see where Sienna got her gentle nature. “Dietrich, the war is long over.

“You are quite tall for a Colossi.” Cathrin looked up to meet the lovely young woman’s eyes.

“I’m not a Colossi.” Before more inquiries could occur, Amarice continued. “I know you must have many questions, but all will be answered in time. First, I’ll take you to a shuttle craft which will transport us to a ship in orbit. There a bit of food is waiting for you both as I know you must be hungry after so long a time.”

**
The troops arrayed in the landing bay braced at attention as the Empress appeared.

Kyla pulled on Sienna's hand stopping her as she exited the shuttlecraft.

“What are you doing?!”

“Sienna, you can’t just go barging in there, think of your parent’s welfare.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Our size my love, you go up there now and your parents will get quite a shock. Let Amarice ease them into their new reality.”

“I—I hadn’t thought of that.” Sienna dipped her head. “They will take one look at me and think I’m a gigantic monster.”

“No.” Kyla moved to walk beside her wife. “They will be happy to see their daughter, but they probably will need time to process your size don’t be hurt, okay? It is only natural they would be scared at first.

**

“By all the Gods! The ship is huge!”

Amarice had to smile knowing the reason why the Empress’ Super Star Destroyer was so enormous. That being the Empress was enormous…

“Both of Lady Sienna’s parents watched wide eyed as the shuttle landed in the hangar bay. This particular area was usually reserved for the Colossi craft, but Amarice, with Parcrya’s permission, had asked that they be allowed to land here. She wanted to give some clue to Dietrich and Cathrin as to the scale of Colossi now.

Course, the crew had been instructed to keep well out of sight.

“The ceiling, it… it…” Dietrich gasped looking up, and up, and…up.

“Some 30,000 feet from floor to ceiling.” Amarice said pleasantly to accommodate star craft such as fighters.”

“I feel so small in here…” Dietrich said off hand, causing Amarice to smile knowingly.

“Is that a door?” asked Cathrin after they’d walked quite a fair distance.

“Yes.”

Detrich absently raised a hand, idly scratching his head, “Another landing bay for ships?”

“No.” Amarice gestured to the transporter craft and they clambered aboard. “It leads to a corridor.”

“Oh a repair area.” Cathrin said with surety.

“Not Exactly.”

Both looked horribly confused, both wanting to ask questions, but before they could the massive door rumbled open starling them. The small craft flew through and down the corridor toward the private suite of rooms reserved for the Empress.

**

Sienna paced, her arms crossed over her chest, head down. She hated this waiting.
Kyla had decided it best not to appear in her usual tunic and black boots, deciding it may well be a bit overwhelming for Sienna’s parents. Instead she’d cleaned up and put on her usual workout clothes, without, shoes, just socks. Something she hoped would be a bit softer in appearance when meeting the parents again.

Sienna was her usual beautiful self, garbed in a different sundress with slip on shoes, her hair and make-up flawless.

“Do I-?”

“You look wonderful my love.” Kyla smiled reassuringly.

Sienna stopped pacing a moment. “I probably don’t want to be there when you… greet…the Empress.”

“No, let me handle that alone.”

“She’s still in stasis, right?”

“Yes.” Kyla smiled darkly. “I’m looking forward to personally reviving her.”

“Show mercy my Empress.” Sienna clasped her hands in front her head down as she made her plea.

“Even after all she has done?”

“I know what it must sound like, she deserves a painful death. Yet, there are punishments which you can devise which would make her prefer death.”

“Devious, Sienna…” Kyla smirked. “Very devious.”

**

“Was the food, not to your liking?”

“Oh, no, no dear.” Cathrin soothed. “The food is wonderful. It’s just…just that everything is…”

“So large?” Amarice smiled.

“Yes…” Dietrich “I’m on a table top in a massive room, I…”

“You are in the personal quarters of our Empress.”

“He is—“

“She is,” Amarice corrected gently. “Quite tall.”

Both parents took a shuttering breath as they looked round.

“You mean…”

It was time, Amarice signaled...

The massive door opened.

Both gasped in fright!

Natural instinct told them to run, run away as fast as possible before the giant came near.

“It will be alright.” Amarice soothed while reaching out to clasp both their arms.

Sienna only moved forward enough to allowing the double sliding door to close. When it did behind her, she did not move for some time, allowing her absolutely tiny parents to adjust to her new size. When she finally did move, she did so very slowly, and stepped quite softly. Her heart broke seeing the fear on both her parent’s faces. Settling in a chair a fair distance from the table, she couldn’t keep the tears from falling.

“Papa…Mama…” she sniffed.

Amarice couldn’t help but tear up herself at hearing the wavering hesitancy in Lady Sienna’s voice.

“Daughter? Is that you?” Asked Cathrin who then glanced at Amarice who nodded in conformation.

“How did you get so big?”

Sienna so wanted to come nearer, but forced herself to hold back. “It’s a long story Papa, one I’ll be happy to tell you, if you like.”

“Do you serve the Empress?” a bit of a coded question, to see where loyalties lie. His little girl had never been little, but now she was monolithic!

“I do,” replied Sienna, “And I have loved her with all my heart since before we were married.”

“You mean? Kyla.... she’s an Empress!?” Cathrin felt the need to stand, Amarice helping the older woman to her feet. Dietrich moved to do the same.

**

“What is blazes is taking so damned long!”

Kyla was anxious, now it was her turn to pace.

“I’m so glad you find this so amusing.” She barked at a smiling Parcrya.

Parcrya braced at attention, her smile fading instantly.

Kyla halted her step. “I apologize, that was uncalled for.

“I can sympathize with your plight Empress, you assumed they were long gone, now they are here and—“

“It’s like having to meet them all over again, like I’m once more Sienna’s suitor coming to ask their approval.”

“Not like before,” Parcrya said low. “You are an Empress. They will be proud of who their daughter chose as a wife.”

The door to the suite slid open. Momentarily Kyla bit her lip in anxiety before stepping through and into the room.

“My Empress.” Sienna fell to one knee.

Amarice did the same.

Kyla wanted to stop her wife’s parents from taking a knee, but Sienna specifically wanted this to occur, wanted her parents to understand who held power in this New Empire.
With features locked in impassiveness, Kyla stepped into the room. Padding forward softly in her socks, a good call not to dress in her full Imperial uniform. She was imposing even without it.

“Dietrich Strobel.” Kyla began in a commanding tone, one which the two parents found terrifying. “I hereby grant you the title of Duke of Yollentha, and you Cathrin Strobel are now Dutchess of Yollentha.”

“I’m a Duke?” asked Dietrich in disbelief

Cathrin swallowed hard, “She can do that?”

“Oh, yes my lord Duke and Duchess.” Amarice said cheerfully, “I’ve found her Imperial Highness can do anything when she sets her mind to it.”

“Normally, I’d ask you to step forward to accept your chain of office, but it might take you some time, and well, It’d be a bit too big and rather heavy. I’ll just wave that bit of formality.” Kyla smiled thinly. "Rise."

“Mom, Dad… may I still call you that?” Kyla’s voice abruptly changed to being rather timid.

“Of course dear!” Dietrich spoke first and was rewarded with a beautiful smile from Kyla.

“I am so glad to see you both. May I, ah, step nearer? Kyla gestured to a chair at the table."I know my size must be frightening to you.”

“Please do.” Cathrin marshaled her courage as her gigantic Daughter in Law approached slow.

Kyla tried not to loom over the little people, but at her size it was impossible not to. She sat gracefully. They were so incredibly small, At 500 feet, Kyla knew her fingers averaged 25 feet in length in the old Imperial measurements, her parents were barely half that by appearances.

Sienna slid in the chair opposite.

Their miniscule parents startled when Minya approached to serve the Empress and her consort tea with practiced grace.

“Empress, if it please you, I’ll take my leave.”

“No, no!” Dietrich grabbed Amarice’s arm. “Please stay.”

Amarice looked to her Empress, who nodded sadly. Amarice and the other Minis were used to being small, Sienna’s parents needed time to adjust. Amarice was a security blanket of sorts for them, a buffer against being left alone with two giantesses

“There is much you need to get used to.” Kyla prefaced. “But first, please tell me how it came to be you were both placed into stasis?”

**
Aged Eyes fluttered open, the old Empress being terribly disoriented. Blinking she let out a groan as she lifted herself from the containment unit.

Bars… she was surrounded by bars on all sides, stumbling forward, she slid her hands round two of them, using them for support as she continued to peep about.

To either side, black walls rose up as far as she could see. An odd type of wall, they had bulges and ripples, there was a texture to them.

“Enjoying the view?” a voice boomed from high above.

Instantly, she knew who it was.

“I order you to free me from this prison! I am your Empress.”

Suddenly the walls on either side groaned and squeaked. Old Agathe realized they weren’t walls, but…giant boots!”

“You…are…nothing!”

Kyla’s voice was so loud, Agathe had to cover her ears. A scream as her world shifted, and she was sent tumbling backward to slam against the far row of bars. Her stomach dropped, as she moved upward at an incredible rate.

Agathe barely managed to keep from wetting herself as a face filled her entire field of vision. She wasn’t in a cell in a prison building, she was in a cage!

“Nothing but a bug.” Huge lips parted, a flash of perfectly white teeth and a wash of hot breath hit the old woman as Kyla spoke. “Let’s take a closer look at you, shall we?”

Agathe screamed as the lid of her prison was easily pried off by gigantic fingers. She continued to scream as she was pinched between a thumb and forefinger.

The cage she had once been in dropped away, to slam onto the floor far, far below.

“Unhand me!”

“Very well,” Kyla smirked… “Empress.”

The fingers holding her let go, Agathe shrieked as she fell and fell, finally landing in a huge palm.

“Be careful what you wish for, bug.” Kyla’s laugh boomed overhead. Next thing the old woman knew she was tumbling head over heels across a padded surface.

Shakily, the woman gained her footing, falling back in shock as first one gigantic boot, then another crashed down. The sheer weight of those boots created a depression into which Agathe rolled.

Kyla smirked down at the plight of little woman upon her ottoman as she slowly crossed her feet.

“I am your Empress!” Agathe yelled as loudly as she could, while climbing up out of the canyon she’d fallen into.

Kyla laughed, “Get it through your head now, your world, your Empire, and your power are long gone. By exiling us you are to blame for destabilizing your Empire. Your asinine belief that we Colossi were some kind of a master race was the cause of your down fall. In the end, you couldn’t survive without the smaller peoples.”

“The war? It is over?” asked the tiny woman as she continued to climb up, hands clawing at the fine leather.

“Long over, your dimwitted minion’s followed your final order and unleashed Armageddon upon innocent billions. The use of primitive fusion bombs destroyed Earth and would have ended your miserable life had you not scurried into your bunker like a cockroach.”

Agathe launched into the air as massive boots lifted away and the giant springs in the ottoman released their tension. With a huff, she landed near the corner, her momentum, carrying her over the edge.

Grasping at the leather, she chanced a look over her shoulder, the distance to the floor was hundreds of feet.

“Help! Help me!"

Kyla’s beautiful yet terrifying face moved close. Puckering her lips just a bit, she exhaled the gust of breath loosening the hold of the toy Empress.

Once again Agathe screamed as she fell.

Her salvation came in the form of one gigantic yet elegant finger, which she landed upon and clung to with all her worth, pulling herself up upon a perfect fingernail, legs still dangling over the side.

She found herself before one gigantic, blue eye.

“Rather than share power, you selfishly lead your people into a word ending war.”

“Ludicrous! Sharing power with stinking rabble!”

“Says the teeny woman clinging to the very tip of my finger, Kyla retorted, “How worthless you are!” she hissed, “a pathetic little worm deserving to be trodden on then discarded as trash.”

Kyla leaned back in her chair. Casually she flicked her finger sending the little thing high up in the air to once again land in upturned palm.

“Please, please no more…no more!”

How the mighty have fallen, mused Kyla. In the New Order, Agathe was quickly learning her place.

“Oh, there will be more.” Kyla took a deep breath, then casually exhaled, amused as how it blew Agathe back upon her ass.

“That brings me to your punishment. You deserve no mercy, none at all for murdering billions, and destroying the beautiful Earth.”

“I thought I’d make it quick, just swallow you and be done with it.” Agathe began to quake in fear as Kyla gigantic tongue slithered out to drag across plush dark lips.

“But, my wife, being wise, told me as foul as you are you’d probably give me one hell of a stomach ache. Then I thought it best to just crush you underfoot, easily done as you are…so…pitifully…small.”

Agathe went pale, even as big as she was, even Kyla could see it.

“But… I’d have to remove your filth from the underside of my boot. All and all, a bit unpleasant.” Kyla crinkled her nose in disgust.

“Finally, I thought I’d come up with the perfect punishment, just put you in a cell to rot, but not just any cell, a cage attached to a necklace. You’d make a nice gift to my wife I thought. Living out your days as a unique bit of jewelry she could show off to her many friends. Downside is she’d have to feed you and such.” Kya raised a hand gesturing flippantly. “Again, Sienna vetoed the idea, seems she didn’t want your stench so near.”

“No, you need a long lasting punishment, something to atone for the lives you’ve destroyed. Something which will cause you to reflect upon what you have done as well as reinforce how low you have fallen due to the evil you’ve wrought.”

Most casually, Kyla tossed the little woman into the air, only to catch her again. Her darker instincts reveling in the absolute power she held over the formerly fearsome Empress. A miss, and Agathe would fall to her death, or at the very least be terribly crippled.

“I tell yah, it caused quite the conundrum attempting to decide what to do with you. Sienna suggested I show a bit of mercy,” she stopped tossing the woman for a moment. “After all you did keep her parents from experiencing a nuclear holocaust.”

“That’s right… I did…I did do that.” Agathe was now grasping at anything to try and stay alive.

“If only because you wanted to use them as a possible bargaining chip against me.” Snarled Kyla who began to casually toss Agathe again. “Just in case I was planning an attack on Earth.”

“Speaking of Earth, is my personal possession now.” A dark smile on gigantic lips. “Actually Lady Sienna and I are building a vacation home on this little planet, course it will have to be quite large. You see I’m just a tad over 500 feet and still growing, thanks to your dosing our world with the shrinking virus. Your little plan to reduce us in size backfired spectacularly.”
Kyla crossed her legs, setting a very shaky former Empress upon her knee.

“In fact, Mini’s are bigger than you are, I do appreciate the irony, people you once called toys now larger than you. But I digress, to your punishment. You will serve my household here on Earth watching helplessly as both I and my… democratic… Empire grow in size and power.

When you become too small to be of any use or, even seen for that matter, I shall have you placed in a terrarium. You will live in a box, alone for the rest of your days.”

Agathe fell to her knees and wept, pitifully…

**
“Papa, do you like your new home?” Asked Sienna.

“Oh daughter it is magnificent!” Dietrich smiled. “Though we are sad you are unable to visit, being that our home is only slightly larger than the Empress foot.”

Sienna nearly snickered, at the mental image. Her parents were so tiny, but how she loved them. “Papa your house is in our garden, we can see you anytime we like.”

“Well, I meant, you staying over a night, we’d love to have you.”

“I know Papa, it will never be possible and count your blessings as Kyla snores.” That last got
Sienna a glare from her wife. “but our door is always open for you and mother.”

“And we appreciate it Sienna, you and our Empress have been so very kind. Your mother is out tending the garden at the moment, shall I get her?”

“Oh no, let her be, I know how she loves to work on her roses. Say hi to Kyla!” Sienna turned her view screen so her father could get a glimpse of her wife all sprawled out on the bed.
“Empress,” said Dietrich most reverently.

“Just Kyla, Dad. No Empress here at the moment. Just in public.”

“Will you be back to open Parliament?”

Kyla had to smile, Sienna’s dad was always so proud on ceremonial occasions, he loving the fact that his daughter was married to her Imperial Majesty, the high Ruler of the Intergalactic Empire.

“I’ll be there Dad. Sienna and I will be departing Earth, tomorrow morn.”

“Though we hate when our vacations on Earth end.” Sienna had turned the view screen back so her father could once again see her.

“I know you do, you both love those on Earth and they are lucky to have you watching over them.”

“I best get dinner on, your mother will be mighty upset if I don’t as it is my turn to cook.”

“Love you Papa, give Mama my love”

“Love you pops.” Said Kyla with raised voice.

Sienna sighed in contentment, when the transmission ended.

“Hey!” Growled Kyla. “You missed a spot so big, I can see it all the way from here!”

“Many apologies great Empress!” Agathe shifted in her rope held seat, moving over to the part of Sienna’s big toe that she had missed. With careful stokes, she used the brush to precisely paint the area with red nail polish.

The End.

Epilogue 1 A tale of two Monarchs by Gille

Epilogue 1 A tale of two Monarchs

“Dad? Mom? You ready?”

He knew who was asking the question of course, it was easy to know by that strong, clear, confident voice. Possibly or the fact that she loved calling him Dad and Cathrin Mom as she’d never had a family before marrying Sienna. But before all that, he’d felt her approach, their home shaking despite the dampeners, or by the fact that the house had gone dark, the natural light blocked by Kyla’s all-encompassing shadow.

Dietrich smiled as he finished clasping the collar on his imperial tunic. Standing back a moment he admired himself in the entrance hall mirror, “not too shabby,” he muttered, “especially for an old fella like me.”

“C’mon old fella.” Cathrin teased as she walked by behind her husband, “don’t keep the Empress waiting.”

For their parents, the sight of Kyla was always an intimidating experience. Nothing made you feel smaller than when standing in front of the tip of one enormous boot. Sure, since coming to this world, they had been growing, but the size differential was too great. Dieterich and Carthrin would not catch up to those who arrived before them on this planet.

A hand was lowered, Kyla waiting most patiently as her aged parents clamored on.
With a gentleness learned though experience, Kyla raised her hand slow, mindful of the stomach dropping elevator ride her parents were getting.

“Dad, you look quite dashing in your imperial uniform.”

Dietrich absolutely radiated pride at her compliment.

“Mom, a lovely dress.”

“Thank you dear, Sienna helped me to pick it out.”

“Kyla, you’re going to sully your cape, bending down like that!” Chastised Sienna.

“Nah, I’m a pro at wearing a cape” The parents in her hand smiled when Kyla winked at them playfully.

“Least you think you are,” grumped Sienna, while running hands down her shimmering dress of sea green. Her comment earning a look from Kyla.

“Sorry…” Sienna said soft, “I’m just nervous, these state functions, all the people watching.

“Trillions in total, I believe on 20 worlds.” Dietrich chimed in.

“Thanks for reminding me Papa.” Groaned Sienna, "Do I—?”

“Beautiful as always,” Kyla said immediately, “ready to go?”

“Papa, Mama, ready?” asked Sienna.

“Of course daughter, glad Kyla is giving us a lift though, it would be a long walk to the shuttle.”

“She’s glad to help Dad.”

**
“I am a person!” Old Agathe beat on the force field with all her might. “I still exist!”

“Mom, are you sure she’s in there?” Olaf squinted, attempting to see within the enclosure.

The elder servant shrugged. “I don’t see how she’d get out, the force field has---“

“Yeah, but isn’t she the size of dust mite or something like that? Maybe she squeezed through or something?”

“Smaller than that." No matter what her size it, you don’t… squeeze through… a force field.

Mynia picked up the shaker of protein flakes, sprinkling them down into the cage.

Within Agathe screamed as the shuttle craft sized pieces slammed down around her.

“I don’t think she needs that much!” Olaf’s look was one of horror.

“Meh,” another shrug, “just making sure the…Empress…” Mynia chuckled. “Has enough to eat.”

“I think she has enough!”

“It’s just glorified fish food, not difficult to get more.” Mynia continued to merrily douse the little enclosure with the flakes.

“I can’t remember the last time I could actually see her.”

“Trust me, its better you don’t. I remember when she was in charge, nasty piece of work. Just deserts I say. A cage is too good for her, but, we do as the Empress commands.”

Despite being terribly fatigued from days spent walking to the boundary, Agathe was running like a woman half her age, as the giant flakes continued to fall from the sky. It was if the person doing the shaking wanted her to die! She was so busy trying to just survive there was no time to cover her ears from the sound of those thunderous voices.

“Oh shoot!” Mynia frowned.

“What?”

“Be a dear and get me that new enclosure, our Empress ordered from the Speck people. I forgot she wanted the teeny thing transferred, a surprise gift for Lady Sienna.”

“Sure!” off he went, her son was in the best of moods, happy to be able to be on break from boarding school and to be on Earth visiting his mother. Also, the boy was proud to be serving the Empress. Proud and a bit scared. He’d not met the Empress yet and she was due to arrive in a fortnight. Mynia, remembered her early dealings with Kyla, she could be very, well, daunting, to put it mildly.

“This?” her son held up a small gem looking object. “This is so tiny!”

“Miles of space in there for that old bat.” Mynia ruffled his hair, a source of embarrassment for her son. He was growing up fast, already done with his training, he about to begin his service in the Imperial Fleet in a few months. Every moment she had with him, was precious.

“How do you transfer someone you can’t see into another cage?”

“Easy, we vacuum her up.” It took a bit of fiddling but eventually Mynia undid the clasp, and fit the gem shaped cage onto the receiver. A flip of the switch and the suction began.
Within Agathe screamed as the bolder sized flakes flew round her. Desperately she tried to hand on, but it was no use. The winds were too great.

“Maybe we should get the locator and put her up on the view screen to verify she’s still alive?” Olaf, sifted nervously under the weight of Mynia’s glare. “Look,” he justified, “I just don’t want our Empress to be mad at us that’s all.”

“Oh alright then.” Mynia huffed.

Taking a seat on the edge of one of the giant chairs, the Halfling clicked on the view screen, then aimed a wand looking device at the tiny gem in her hand. An image appeared, first out of focus, then it sharpened.

“I am a person!” Agathe screamed.

Mynia shook her head while watching the ratty looking woman beat on the force field.

“I exist!!”

“I exist!!

“Please…” she sobbed. “I’m a person! I exist!”

Olaf, felt some pity of the naked, haggard old thing who was screaming like a banshee.

“Please talk to me!”

**

“Heralds play!” came the order.

Suddenly, the door to the chamber slammed shut. A bit of theater to reinforce that Parliament was its own entity and not under the control of the Empress.

On cue, Parcrya stepped forward to pound on the door three times. After a short wait, the door was opened lazily by the Sergeant at Arms.

As the Heralds began anew, staccato notes sounded as a one thousand plus foot Kyla stepped into the chamber, Sienna next to her.

Walking down the aisle, Kyla remained stoic as always as the many hundreds in the chamber, Mini, Halfling, and Colossi knelt in respect.

What she had wanted had come to pass, reflected Kyla. The peoples working together, no matter their size. All in one democratic Empire. All except the Specks, those people were part of her Empire as a territory, not wishing to be part of the government. Instead they, by the trillions, had sworn a personal oath of allegiance to the Empress they saw as their true protector.

Stepping up the dais, Kyla most carefully placed Dad and Mom in their high sky box, before turning to be seated herself, after Sienna had done so.

The pomp and pageantry of the opening of parliament continued in all its splendor. All quite nice, but what Kyla was most pleased about was the admission of a new people to the Empire.

The winged people, the Zenuaww as they called themselves had petitioned for membership in the Empire. Long ago they had called this planet home, exposed to the shrinking virus, they had almost been wiped out. A most beautiful people, humanoid in appearance, except for wings upon the back, the feathers of which were of different colors as to gender, and race.

As Kyla and Sienna looked on, the vote began, a formality really, the Zenuaww were going to be part of her Empire. On behalf of her Empire, Kyla had formally apologized for the horror unleashed on their people by contact with the old Earth Empire. Nearly wiped out of existence, the surviving Zenuaww were tiny now. Well, tiny compared to Colossi. From explorations, it appeared the universe was small compared to Colossi. Several planets had been discovered and charted, the peoples there all tiny. Eventually, contact would be made, but only if the shrinking virus was present on the planet. If it wasn’t a quarantine would be in effect. Kyla did not want her Empire to be responsible to unleashing the virus on any more people.

The motion for citizenship in the Empire passed, as all knew it would.

Kyla, Sienna and the whole of parliament stood. Cheers rolled though the chamber as Alep, leader of the Zenuaww gracefully landed in Kyla’s upturned palm and knelt before his new Empress.

**

“Report.” Commanded Kyla while pushing the tines of her fork through a piece of steak the size of one of the primitive Earth temples.

“Empress,” Baroun cleared his throat, he was unnerved every-time the Empress ate. “The population of Earth now stands at 200 million and expanding, food supplies are running in surplus, as is the animal and plant life. The people have discovered bronze as you know, now they are progressing to smelting harder metals.

“Good.” Kyla said simply, while taking a bite of salad.

“There have been wars fought for territory.”

“Oh they mustn’t fight!” Sienna spoke up.

“They have to find their own way, love.” Kyla responded. “They must be free to develop their society naturally.”

“I know, but they are so cute! I hate to see them hurting each other.”

“An appearance from their goddess, would halt the fighting.” Suggested Baroun.

Kyla put down her fork and looked at the Mini standing upon her table. Baroun had screwed up and badly, but he still had valuable talents. She had offered him this second chance in administering Earth and he’d gladly taken it.

The job he was doing was excellent.

“No…” she said firm. “I despise the goddess cult that has developed into a religion on Earth. No appearance by me, I want these people to… outgrow… that superstition."

“As you wish Empress.” Baroun looked to his data pad for a moment and continued. “Your…” He smiled. “Vacation cottage…”

Sienna laughed, their home was no cottage. Kyla had reached 1500 feet in height, the home was being continually expanded.

“Has been remodeled, and enlarged,” Baroun continued, a smile upon his face. “I think your gracious majesty will enjoy the lake sized pool the specks have designed.”

“A pool! Wonderful!” Sienna beamed.

“Is that it?” asked Kyla after finishing the last of her dinner.

“Oh,” Baroun continued “Almost forget the most important thing. “The planetary climate system is up and functioning, the specks tell me that destructive weather is a thing of the past. You have ability for you to modify rainfall, temperature, length of seasons, and such.

“Excellent! I think it would be beneficial to increase rainfall in Africa, so the peoples there can grow more crops.”

“As you wish Empress.”

“Terraform some river valleys in the Sahara, so the increase in rain won’t cause flooding.”

“It will be done.”

Kyla lifted a finger, to point directly at Baroun. “Put the humans to sleep so they don’t get scared by our technology.”

“Yes, Empress.”

She leaned back in her chair, thinking a moment. “You say the people are fighting?”

“Yes, Majesty.”

“On the eve of the next major battle, create a storm, a violent one, lots of thunder, lighting, some wind. I hope these people will take it as a sign that their…” Kyla looked to Sienna. “…goddess is displeased." she finished.

Baroun chuckled, “Of course, I will do as you command.”

With a gesture Kyla dismissed him as Sienna moved, sliding into her usual spot on Kyla’s lap.

Kyla reveled in the deep kiss Sienna gave her.

“So, that’s what it is like to kiss a goddess.”

A frown on dark lips.

“Oh, it’s not a dirty word my love, for all intents and purposes, you are a goddess. You control everything on this planet, remaking Earth into that Ancient Eden from myth.”

“I know, I had hoped not to need to interfere as much as I have.”

Sienna hugged her tight, you are doing wonderfully with the Earthers.” She rasped sexily into an ear. “Now how about you allow me to please you…goddess.”

Kyla was in no way going to pass that up.

But first…

“I have something for you…” Kyla reached into her pocket, pulling out a beautiful necklace with a gem pendant.

“Honey!” It’s beautiful!” gasped Sienna as Kyla deftly clasped the chain round her neck.

“Within that gem, another surprise can be found.”

“Oh? What?” asked Sienna.

**
Kyla stretched out upon the deck chair. “Being an Empress isn’t too bad.” She muttered. Not that she hadn’t earned a bit of relaxation after a long run this morning. She found it amusing that Baroun had ordered her jogging track to be extending all the way around the coastline of the former state of Australia. He was convinced that she would eventually get so big as to be able to run round an entire continent for her morning run.

And she was continuing to get bigger, there seemed no upper limit on her size. Would the universe itself eventually become too small for the Colossi?

Parcrya groaned.

“Getting soft Commander?” Chided Kyla.

“I’d have been alright on the run, if someone hadn’t egged me on to challenge you to race.”

From her position on Parcrya’s back, Amarice giggled as she applied tanning lotion on her wife.

Kyla turned her attentions to Sienna as her wife relaxed in the pool. The sparkling gem, the prison for Agathe was round her neck. Kyla planned it so as to be the worst punishment imaginable, Agathe could see the outside world, could see the life surrounding her, but she could never be part of it. Her self-contained world created by the specks had everything she needed, except freedom. Sealed in that gem she would just get smaller and smaller as everything round her grew.

“Your drink Empress…”

Blue eyes darted to the kid, all dolled up in house livery, presently placing her drink upon the side table by her chair.

“And you are?”

By all the ancient gods, thought Olaf, the Empress as absolutely beautiful. It was all he could manage not to stare. He knew the tiny peoples of Earth considered her a goddess and it was easy to see why. She was garbed in a two piece bikini of Royal Blue, a color only she was allowed to wear. Her skin was tanned, body unbelievably toned and quite muscular. Midnight black hair streaming over her shoulders and down her back. Oh her right shoulder a tattoo of a rising Phoenix, a symbol she had chosen to represent herself and be the standard of her Empire.

“Hmmmm?” Kyla pressed, when the kid didn't immediately answer.

“O-olaf, great Empress.”

“You are new.”

“The son of Mynia.” Amarice chirped.

“Ah, I see.” Said Kyla with a smile, an attempt to get the boy to relax. “I hear, you are to be assigned to the I.S.S. Vengeance next week.”

“Yes, great Empress, I am proud to serve on your flagship.”

“The Empire thanks you for your service. I know Mynia is proud of you.”

Kyla watched as Olaf smiled wide, he straightened up his chest puffing out a bit. He bowed and left her presence.

Sienna was rubbing off on her, mused Kyla, she was getting far better at delivering a good word at the right moment. That and knowing more about the people on her staff, and she had loads of staff to know. Earth was the plum assignment, people fought for that placement, but there was also the country house near the capital, the home on the mini world, and the one on Mars surrounded by the specks. Soon there would be another palace on the world of the Zenuaww.

“Getting soft my Empress?” Parcrya teased gently. “Speaking kindly to the new recruits?”

Kyla took a moment to adjust her sunglasses before casually turning her head to look at Parcrya. “I suppose I am, but after all, I have you to be tough on the greenhorns.”

“Oh don’t be mean C-rya!” Amarice stood, finished with the tanning oil. She always acted like it was a pain to do when Parcrya asked her to apply the oil to her back. Parcrya saw right though the act, knowing her Mini love never tired of exploring her giant body.

“Amarice, it’s not being mean, it is instilling discipline.”

Parcrya yelped playfully when Amarice lifted the string of her crimson bikini top, and allowed it to snap back in place.

“Why do we call this thing a bikini?” Asked the Mini.

“After the Bikini Islands,” answered Kyla after Parcrya shrugged. Settling back in her lounger, she watched as Parcrya gently took Amarice in hand and gave her a gentle kiss.

What love those two had for each other….

“Dietrich who is driving this big ship?”

“The computer is dear.” He replied while handing his wife her favorite drink, a Manhattan, as she lounged in a deck chair on their yacht the H.M.S. Leviathan. Dietrich knew full well Kyla was making fun when she announced the name of the ship. She’d even gone so far as to have a full christening and launch ceremony earlier.

“I really think it is doing a poor job.” Cathrin sat up watching as her gigantic Daughter loomed closer. “I had hoped we would not need to use the lifeboat on the maiden voyage.”

“Uh-oh!” Dieterich ran down the deck as best he could, attempting to get to the wheel house in time.

Sienna opened her eyes at feeling something bump into her.

“Mama you okay?” she gasped, seeing her mother sprawled out on the deck.

“I’m okay, Sienna, be better without your father's poor attempt at navigation. Luckily for us we bumped into something with considerable padding.”

Sienna blushed, the ship carrying her parents, had run into her left boob.

“Um,” she said embarrassed, “allow me to help a bit.”

They both had gotten better at not cowering down when either Sienna or Kyla reached for them. Still it was disconcerting to have a being so many times bigger casually demonstrate their dominance. In this case, that dominance, was demonstrated in how easily Sienna picked up the ship they were sailing in and turn it around.

“Bon Voyage.” Called Sienna, playfully as the bantam sized ship chugged off again, her Dad waving merrily from one of the bridge wings.

He looked forward again, feeling the ship slowing then coming to a full halt, despite the little propellers churning away. The reason being they were no match for the tip of Kyla’s index finger pressing against the bow. He hadn’t heard Kyla enter the pool, it was unnerving how stealthy someone that big could move.

He was under no illusion that the Leviathan could actually beat Kyla, but it would be fun to see how fast his ship could go.

“Let’s race!” Challenged Dietrich.

“Now hold on a moment…” Cathrin warned.

“You’re on Dad.” Kyla growled playfully.

Epilogue Two: A Tale of Many Peoples by Gille

Epilogue Two: A Tale of Many Peoples

“K—Kyla… So…yes.”

Sienna was finding it difficult to form cognizant thoughts, let alone find the words to tell her love how good she was making her feel.

She gasped as Kyla effortlessly lifted her, shifting her bodily then lay atop her. It was incredible to feel her lover’s strong body. As Kyla dipped her head to kiss her neck, Sienna watched as one of her lover’s biceps flexed, the muscle bulging slightly. Kyla was powerful, much like the Empire she led.

Sienna stretched out as far as she could on their bed, reveling in the fact that there seemed no end to Kyla, her wife was so much bigger than she.

A lusty chuckle directly into her ear caused Sienna to shiver with delight. “Looks like someone forgot to take off the present I gave her.” Kyla rasped.

“Oh!” Sienna tried to rise up, to move her hands to unclasp the necklace holding Agathe. She found herself unable to do so, Kyla had gently, yet firmly pinned her to the bed. “It doesn’t matter love because she…” Sienna felt the kisses tail down her collar bone. “…doesn’t matter.” She watched as Kyla playfully took the gem on the pendant between her teeth. “She is a toy for us.”

She imagined the screams caused by the fear that the old woman had to be feeling. It aroused her even more. Kyla’s wetness surged, becoming a flood. Who said revenge wasn’t fun?

Sienna gulped for air as her body responded to Kyla’s most intimate touch. Her fingers filled her completely.

Knowing her lover was near climax, Kyla did what Sienna loved most, pulling her into a tight embrace. Sienna wrapped her arms round her wife as far as she could, squeezing her tight as a powerful orgasm shook her.

For long moments, Kyla held Sienna close listening to her smaller wife pant as she came down from the bliss of climax.

“Get the phallus and the harness.”

Sienna smiled, her larger love wasn’t asking, it was a command. Kyla’s lust was in full control now. She slipped out of the embrace as Kyla rolled over on her back. Quickly donning the harness, she picked out the newest, largest phallus, one some 132 feet in length. It was crazy just how gargantuan Kyla was becoming!

Straddling her love, Sienna teased. Taking the phallus to hand she dragged the tip along Kyla’s taut abs, letting it bump along the ridges and valleys playfully.

She moved to fit it into the receiver on the harness.

“Wait.”

Sienna looked up expectantly. In the next moment, Kyla’s hand had slipped round her neck, pulling her close, as their lips met in a very animalistic kiss Sienna could feel the gem round her neck being loosed by Kyla’s fingers.

“What?” Sienna began as the lips parted.

Kyla raised the sparkling green gem, Agathe’s prison created by the Specks. “Drop it in.” She commanded.

“Kinky!” Sienna teased with a laugh. She did as bid, popping off the end of the huge phallus, she took the gem between thumb and forefinger, making a great show for Kyla by dragging the gem round the circular edge of the phallus before dropping it in. The thunk as it hit the bottom was loud in the sexually charged silence. Popping the lip back on, she fit the Phallus into the receiver, then silently guided it into her wife.

Kyla’s low moan was so sexy thought Sienna as she shifted her hips to thrust the phallus deep within her wife.

“My Empress is so very big.” Sienna began to thrust harder, her hands placed palms down on Kyla’s strong tummy to steady herself.

“And… So very powerful.” She watched as Kyla’s hands balled into fists, the bed sheets clasped hard. Sienna let out a huff from the exertion of thrusting harder and faster within Kyla.

It took time, but the incredible body beneath her began to tense, muscles standing out in relief, Kyla bucking against her. Her wife was losing all control, and fast. The moment was nearing that Sienna would just have to hang on as best she could to ride out Kyla’s orgasm. Time to say the words, she believed would tip Kyla over the edge…

“She makes once mighty enemies into toys for her pleasure.”

Kyla roared in lusty triumph, her muscles clamping down so hard, that Sienna couldn’t move the phallus as much as she tried. Sienna held on as she rose and fell, Kyla bucking hard.

Finally the storm abated…

“Leave her in there.” Ordered Kyla seeing her wife, about to pop off the end of the giant phallus. “A good place to keep her from now on when we make love, within a giant phallus, used to please me.”

“As you command, my supreme Empress.” Sienna kissed her love most tenderly as she placed the toy containing Agathe on the nightstand.

**

On the plains of Asia, a storm brewed. Within the clouds, the voice of the goddess rumbled in the sounds of thunder, her anger apparent in the flashes of lightening. As the squall began in earnest, the cook fires of the armies were extinguished. The winds became so powerful, men were blown about.

A tall figure within the cave watched as the rain fell, standing stationary as a stone as the light flashed though the opening. She spoke…

“The goddess is offended by her children marking war upon each other.”

“Teacher save us from the goddess wrath!” the leaders cried.

“You must not fight over who controls the waters of the great river.”

“Great teacher, there is so little water, we must have it for our crops!”

“For our crops!” The other leader countered fiercely.

Another rumble of thunder silenced both men.

“All you need do is have the people share, The Giant Goddess will be pleased by you doing so. Grasping the hood of her cloak, Amarice pulled it back while looking down at the small Earthers. So this is what power feels like, she mused while gazing at the kneeling people.

“No more war!” Amarice cried. “The Giant Goddess demands you tend your fields, weave more cloth, create more pottery, use pigments to paint art, and to build homes for your people. If you do this her blessings will fall upon you tenfold!

“Yes teacher!” the high priests of the warring tribes agreed.” One of the men in the crowd, lifted up a beautifully designed piece of pottery, another a woven blanket.

Amarice took the beautiful jug to hand, admiring the painted design in the light of the torches. “Create more of this as it pleases the Giant Goddess. She will trade goods with you, will send other teachers to help you learn her divine language.”

“Yes Teacher! We hear and obey!”

In the control room, a listening Baroun touched a button then turned a dial slowly…

The people cried out in thanks as the storm abruptly ended, clearly their goddess was choosing to show mercy.

With blanket and pottery in hand Amarice left them. The crowds parting to allow her passage. She walked a great distance, grumbling as she did so. “Stupid C-rya, being big… and strong… and beautiful.” Amarice found herself, giggling, it was hard to be mad at her love, Parcrya was wonderful, but her size meant she had to be far away from the Earthers, lest they see her.

“Great Teacher!” Amarice looked up as a very amused Parcrya made a great show of taking a mockingly reverent knee before her

“I shall speak to the Giant Goddess about you! Making the Great Teacher walk so far a distance!” scolded Amarice playfully as C-rya gathered her up in hand to take her back to the shuttle craft.

**
“And just where are you going?” asked Cathrin. “Oh…” she said perceptively as Dietrich put on his sailor cap that Kyla had gifted him. “Shouldn’t you at least have some breakfast first?

“Ah, but there is the surprise! I’ve arranged for us to have breakfast on the ship.”

“Husband…”

“Please dear, it is the last day of our vacation, last chance to enjoy the ship.” Dietrich begged.

“Okay.” Cathrin relented, how her husband loved sailing.

“Now if we can just find someone to…” Dieterich peeped out from their little house.

“Use the call button dear.” Suggested Cathrin while gathering up her swimsuit, and other items she knew they would need.

The two stepped out of the lavish guest home specifically designed for them.

“Good morning my Lord Duke and Duchess.” Olaf said cheerfully, “How may I assist you?”

“To the Leviathan my good man.” Said Dietrich.

“Aye, Captain.” Olaf smiled while dipping his head most respectfully.

**
Sofie remained silent, actually she was hanging on for dear life as the Empress took her morning jog. The Mini was known to love a good run, being an exercise junkie herself, but when you are small, it was best to go for a ride. After all, Kyla could cover a bit over 1400 feet in each stride. It was absolutely ridiculous! Worst of all Kyla and the other Colossi were continuing to grow!

A sparkling drop of liquid caught Sofie’s eye, she watched as it slid down and into the vast cleavage of the Empress. She hoped Kyla hadn’t noticed her staring, but in her defense the woman was devastatingly beautiful.

The other reason she was remaining silent was the Empress was currently listening to complaints lodged by members of the majority in Parliament, the party she represented.

“I can see why you came all this way to see me, there is much discontent.” Said Kyla as she jogged along while removing her ear pieces and stowing them in a side pocket.

“Yes Empress."

“The resources the Colossi use far outpace the rest of our peoples.”

“Many members believe our Empire must continue to expand if we are to have the resources we need.” Sofie nearly cried out when Kyla began to run up a series of stairs cut directly into a mountain side. Please don’t trip…please don’t trip… thought the Prime Minister as Kyla continued upward.

“This includes the Halflings?”

“The Halflings, will do as you ask Empress, whatever your command. As will the Collosi members of parliament.”

“Yes, I know, but certainly you came here with a proposal, tell me what it is.”

“Merciful Gods!” cried Sofie as Kyla ran down a steep trail on the downhill side of the mountain.

“Calm yourself Prime Minister, all is fine.”

“It is not fine! You are tearing down a hill and you may fall taking me with you! That leads me to move to my next point, we Mini’s are tired of the condescending attitude of you Colossi!

“One fire at a time Prime Minister,” Kyla continued to run. “What shall we do to gain more resources?”

“The Specks report they have found three more habitable systems.”

“Do they have sentient beings living on them?”

“Only one world does, humanoid, industrial society. The Specks have been watching them for many months. The people are reaching out into space, launching primitive manned probes. The Specks believe these people will soon see our worlds, see the signs of intelligent life via these probes. The latest probe launched is on a course to our nearest planet.”

“Estimated time of arrival?”

“Years perhaps, they don’t have warp drive.”

“Size?” Kyla always hated asking this, but it was necessary, best to prepare the people on this world for the shock.

“Specks report the people are small, very small, the shrinking virus is present in the atmosphere.”

“Damn it all!” Kyla hissed. “Is there any people in this universe not touched by the evil of the old Empire!”

“Apparently none yet, hundreds of thousands of probes were launched long before we were exiled.”

“The Mini’s are in favor of having a vote to colonize these uninhabited planets, to provide staple foods for you ever enlarging Colossi.”

“First, I will lead a delegation to this world, we shall negotiate with them.”

“If we are the stronger, should we not just take what we need?” asked Sofie.

Kyla slowed, turning she doubled back as the jogging trail ended. In the distance she could see the construction crews working to lengthen the track. Perhaps Baroun was right, soon she might be able to jog around the edge of this continent.

“That thinking reeks of the Old Empire, I shall leave tomorrow, take the Vengeance and make first contact, like I did with the winged people.”

“As you wish Empress.”

Kyla picked up her pace, trying to beat her best time thus far.

“As to the patronizing by us Colossi, I will speak to my people, reiterate that our size does not give the liberty to treat the smaller peoples badly in word or deed. Forgive us, we see your size and somehow feel we know what’s best for you.”

“Thank you Empress. I apologize for my loss of temper.”

“Think nothing of it, Prime Minister. We both must talk to each other plainly. Our Empire looks strong, but under the surface it is fragile. All of our peoples are still learning how to best work together.”

“Empress!!” cried Sofie, hold on tight as Kyla began a full on sprint towards her palace.

Wuss... thought Kyla, recalling how brave Amarice was the first time she took her on a run.

**

Sienna slid a hand over the sheets, frowning when she didn’t find her wife.

“Out for a run, Mistress.”

Sienna opened her eyes to find Mynia busily picking up clothes and tiding up their bedroom.

“Figures…” she said grumpily. “Papa and Mama up?”

“Yes, the Duke wished to sail the morning.”

Sienna’s mood cheered considerably. She loved that her parents could now enjoy themselves. In the old Empire they kept a very low profile, not wishing to draw the attentions of the Empress.

Thinking about unwanted attention… When Mynia turned her back, Sienna quickly popped open the phallus, slid the gem into her hand, then shoved the sex toy into the top drawer of her nightstand.

Unseen by Sienna, Mynia smiled.

“A swim before breakfast sounds like a brilliant idea.”

“Wonderful Mistress, shall I have the kitchens send breakfast out to the pool?”

“Yes, a light breakfast, wait till Kyla returns though.”

“Very good Mistress.”

Sienna had long gotten over Mynia seeing her nude, she rose from the bed, to slip into a forest green bikini, one that matched the jewel she clasped round her neck. She was about to leave when she turned to sifting through a drawer, she found Kyla’s Imperial red bikini. Swimsuit in hand she walked out of the room.

“Dietrich mind the side of the pool.” Warned Cathrin

“Minding the side of the pool.” He replied while turning the wheel left… or starboard, or was is Port? Cathrin couldn’t remember. She didn’t ask, for one, it wasn’t necessary information. Secondly, she just wanted to silently enjoy how happy her husband was in the present moment. After so much terror in the last days of the old Empire, it was good to have peace again, to feel secure again. Cathrin smiled watching her husband her thoughts on how his eyes lit up with Olaf kindly pulled the ship from its stand in the pool house and placed it in the water for them.

Certainly, Kyla had spared no expense on the gift, the interior of the ship was all wood paneled, and filled with luxurious carpets, beautiful paintings, and a huge bedroom with attached living area. An indoor pool, wide decks to walk on, a gorgeous dining room, a sun room… The list went on and on.

“There is our daughter, now husband, please try not to crash into her boob again.”

The shade of red Dietrich turned precisely matched his bright Polo shirt.

“Ship ahoy!” cried Sienna teasingly as she came along side.

“Papa, Mama, did you sleep well?”

“Wonderful dear.” Cathrin answered for them both.

Very carefully, Sienna leaned in, allowing both parents to give her a peck on the cheek. They’d always been a huggy affectionate family. No sense allow their desperate sizes to stop that from continuing.

“I must begin my morning swim, I need to exercise to keep up with Kyla. Sienna looked about conspiratorially, “If she should ask how many laps I’ve done,” she whispered, “think of a number then add ten to it.”

Cathrin and Dietrich laughed.

With a jovial waive of a hand Sienna then swam off.

Both parents were content to sit on the deck and watch their daughter swim. The waves coming off her stokes were handled well by their little ship. Both waved as Kyla appeared briefly, finding her bikini on the chair, she waved back before stepping into the pool house to change.

“She looks as if the weight of the universe is upon her shoulders.” Cathrin said offhand.

“Yes, she appears quite solemn, but she has a strong will”

“When she gets in the pool, talk to her husband, even those with the strongest resolve need an ear which will listen.” Cathrin left the bridge to go below and change into her swimsuit wanting to try the new whirlpool spa on the back of the boat.

“You can swim faster than that!”

“Hush it Kyla!” Sienna called back as she continued her laps.

Stepping down into the pool, Kyla was careful of the little boat. “And how is life on…” A wry smile “…on my ship Leviathan this morning?” she asked while settling down on the pool steps. A groan left her dark lips as her tired muscles relaxed in the warm water.

“All is well on your majesties’ ship we are just enjoying a last cruise.” Dietrich watched, bit entranced, as the water lapped against his giant daughter in law’s very tanned skin.

“Hmmm…” Kyla frowned. “If only we could stay on vacations longer. Dad, you and mom can stay if you wish, no reason for you to leave just because I have to get back to the business of government. We’ll send a ship out to get you when you want.”

“We wouldn’t dream of it, Kyla. We thank you for putting up with us on your vacation, I’ve not seen Cathrin more happy in many a year. It’s like we’ve been given a second chance with the both of you and we want to make the most of every moment.”

“We feel the same way Dad.”

“Pardon me for noticing, but you look a bit troubled.” Dieterich eased himself into a deck chair. The old man smiled a bit as he got a bit of side-eye from the Empress.

“That noticeable huh?” Kyla sighed while allowing herself to sink lower into the water, her bottom resting on the pool steps. Carefully she dipped her head under the water so as to not disturb the little boat too much “Well,” she continued after surfacing, “the Empire I lead is made up of so many different peoples, so many different sizes, so many differing opinions, it is difficult for us to work together.”

“I see…”

“Added into this is the strain caused by us Collosi growing ever larger, Dad, I find myself hoping that it will stop soon.”

“Not us Collosi, Kyla, you Collosi my dear.”

Kyla turned her head slightly quirking an eyebrow up. “You are a Collosi Dad, you and Mom.”

“No, were Collosi, we are smaller than most Minis.”

She was silent a moment. “Dad?” Kyla began. “Be honest, do you think the Colossi are condescending toward the smaller peoples?”

“Prime Minister tell you that?” Dietrich smiled.

“Yeah, I don’t know if she’s jealous or telling it true.”

“I can tell you that, being this size in this world has been an enlightening experience.”

“So we are—“

“To a degree, yes you are condescending, not you as a person, or Sienna, but in general Collosi come off as aloof, unconcerned about those smaller than they are, and yes superior.
The trick great Empress, is to find a way for each of our peoples to shine. Collosi will always be the most dominant, but more than that you are natural risk takers and leaders. Find a way to let your people lead, yet listen to the smaller peoples. The Halflings, are most loyal to you. Might I add, because of your loyalty to them Empress, let them fill positions which demand trust. The Minis are most adept at administration, let them work on the fine details as they love to do so. The specks are independent, borne I think from being caged. Let them contribute as only they see fit.”

“And the Winged People?”

“Those they say are great healers and peacemakers despising war, let them shine in that role. I think the underlying idea you must stress is that our peoples are stronger together than they are apart. Together we are unstoppable.

“My Lord Duke,” Kyla leaned over in a bit. “You are most wise. I hereby appoint you to the Privy Council, I need your sage advice.”

Kyla chucked when Cathrin began clapping from the whirlpool tub.

“There is one more thing…”

Dietrich looked up at her warily.

“Another people have been found, they have begun to explore the galaxy, and we must make contact. Any suggestions as how to proceed?”

“Your maxim in all things Empress should be to do the opposite of the old Earth Empire.”

Kyla was quiet a moment… “How many laps has she done?” she gestured to Sienna.

“Well, 20, plus she said to add 10 so… 30 Majesty.”

Kyla laughed.

**
On the hangar deck of the Vengeance, the tiny Imperial Shuttle landed. As soon as the massive doors closed, and pressurization had taken effect, troops went into motion. With practiced precision they lined up and braced at attention to either side of a shuttlecraft many could hold with one hand.

“Chancellor, I know they appear daunting, but—“

“Daunting does not adequately describe them, not by a long shot…”

“And my people are the size of a? What did you say a fingernail?”

“Chancellor,” Amarice soothed knowing how big she looked herself. “Let us not focus on size, let us focus on—“

“Difficult not to focus on anything but size.” The little blue fella with the white hair stood.

“You know, for generations we thought we were the highest evolved life in the galaxy, a shock to find out we are not. I guess it is best not to keep our new overlords waiting.”

“I think you will find, that your assessment of us to be wrong, we are not overlords” Said Amarice as the Shuttle door opened.

**
“Kyla…” rasped Sienna. “Don’t forget your earpiece, you gotta be able to hear him at this distance.”

“Oh!” Kyla fumbled a bit in a pocket of her tunic, finding then sticking the buds in her ears.
It took a great while, several stanzas of the welcoming orchestration before the leader of the Glohul people walked the great distance to stand in front of the sole of Kyla’s boot. Once there he lay prostrate in submission.

“There is no need for that Chancellor.” Kyla said soft. “Rise.”

“It is with great pleasure, that I, on behalf of the Intergalactic Empire I welcome you aboard the Vengeance. We look to a bright future between our peoples.”

“We submit to your will Empress.”

Kyla looked to Sienna, unsure the translator designed by the Specks was working correctly.

“Chancellor, again I say there is no need.”

A hand was lowered, from another enormous being, yet he being only half the height of the Empress.

“Come Chancellor, you are an honored quest.” Kyla turned. “Olaf following, carrying the tiny blue man.

“How is it we did not locate a ship nearly the size of our moon orbiting our planet?

“We have the ability to cloak ourselves, to bend light in order to be invisible to your detection equipment, even to the eye.”

“My chief officer Parcrya.” Kyla introduced. “Amarice you already know.”

“Empress.” Dalavan stood, “We are a warlike people, the virus your kind sent long ago destroyed our peaceful ways, after many cycles we finally have regained order and a new government. I worry contact with your people will upset our new found balance.”

“I see.”

“But…” he continued. “We do see the benefits of being included within your Empire. Namely protection.”

Kyla took a sip of tea, waiting to hear the rest.

“You say you are peaceful in intent.”

“Yes.”

“So if I say to go, you will leave us.”

“I will be saddened, but we would acquiesce to your demand.”

“Though you could easily conquer us in an afternoon.”

“Less time than that.”

Kyla felt Sienna elbow her gently yet firmly. “But…” Kyla paused to make her point. “We will not.”

Dalavan steadied himself against the tremors as the giant cup was set down in its saucer quite casually by Kyla.

“You wish trade, intercultural learning, and the use of some of our planets in our system.”

“We would like to begin farming those worlds, mining for recourses our Empire needs. An Empire your world could be part of.”

The tiny man sat again and took a sip of tea, finding he liked it.

I could claim those worlds as ours, even though we have not advanced enough to land there.

“You could, and we would not interfere.”

“In trade you would share your technology?” Dalavan smiled.

“That is the other part of our non-interference, your people must be free to learn on your own.”

“Didn’t think you would.”

Kyla gave him an indulgent smile for trying.

“Very well, I agree to your terms, but I must insist you and your kind appear as you are before us in the capital. I shall make an announcement on state television today, when I do… uncloak your ship so it is visible.”

“If you insist, then I will.”

**
“Not as bad as I’d have thought. Instead of running from us, they run to us.” Kyla put on her best smile for the little blue ones as they crowded round her boots by the thousands.”
“I knew I should have worn long pants instead of a dress…” grumbled Sienna while looking down.

“Oh…no…”

“Oh, no what Parcrya?” Kyla asked.

“The Vengeance has been monitoring transmissions Empress. There has been a coup, you are now ruler of this world.”

“Wonderful… just wonderful… growled Kyla.”

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=6609