The First Born by asukafan2001
Summary: The first born always has it a little bit easier then the rest, but easy street ends for Jacen when he finds himself shrinking do to a electrical surge. He now finds himself a inch tall and forced to seek out help from his siblings.
Categories: Teenager (13-19), Instant Size Change, Feet, Entrapment, Humiliation, Slave, Unaware Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Minikin (3 in. to 1 in.)
Size Roles: None
Warnings: This story is for entertainment purposes only.
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 28014 Read: 325184 Published: December 20 2006 Updated: December 03 2007

1. Chapter One: You are your own worst enemy by asukafan2001

2. Chapter Two: A Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step by asukafan2001

3. Chapter Three: Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still. by asukafan2001

4. Chapter Four: “A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials.” by asukafan2001

5. Chapter Five: "Fall seven times, stand up eight" by asukafan2001

6. Chapter Six: “We come nearest to the great when we are in great humilty" by asukafan2001

7. Chapter Seven: "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." by asukafan2001

8. Chapter Eight : "Darkness is not absolute, even in darkness there is light" by asukafan2001

9. Chapter Nine: Facts and Reality by asukafan2001

10. Chapter Ten: The Death of my Brother by asukafan2001

11. Chapter Eleven: The Day After by asukafan2001

12. Chapter Twelve: Enter Miranda, Stage Left by asukafan2001

13. Chapter Thirteen: Waiting by asukafan2001

14. Chapter Fourteen: “Prove yourself faithful with the little things so that you may be granted greater.” by asukafan2001

15. Chapter Fifteen: Finding your own way by asukafan2001

16. Chapter Sixteen: One step forward, two steps back by asukafan2001

17. Chapter Seventeen: There is no try, only do or do not! by asukafan2001

18. Chapter Eighteen: Discovering the Truth by asukafan2001

19. Chapter Nineteen: Choices by asukafan2001

20. Chapter Twenty: Solutions and Problems by asukafan2001

21. Chapter Twenty One: Gaining Hope by asukafan2001

22. Chapter Twenty Two: Reasoning by asukafan2001

23. Chapter Twenty Three: Conclusion of Events by asukafan2001

Chapter One: You are your own worst enemy by asukafan2001

The First Born

By

Asukafan2001

© 2006. Giantess Planet. All Rights Reserved.

 

 

The First born in the family is born with some rights, some privileges that the others just don’t get. It is not the fault of the first born that the younger ones must suffer. The first born always gets new clothes; they always get a little more leeway then the others. The first born sets the standards, as after the first goes through something, when the second one starts going through the same thing they know what to expect and can correct some mistakes.

I, Jacen Preston, am lucky enough to be the first born. I love being the first born. I have the nice room. The family added a third floor which only has a bedroom, dad’s office, and a bathroom. Since I was born first, I got that room. It’s the best room in the house. You are far away from everything, you can play your music a little louder, you don’t have to fight over trying to get into the bathroom. It really is a sweet place to be.

I was pretty much your typical guy. I was taking some classes, I worked a part-time job. Things were going pretty good. I had no real major expenses so anything I made was pretty much mine. I had some pretty nice stuff. Some given to me, like my parents bought me a Xbox 360, so of course a lot of my money went to games. I also had a digital television I saved up for and bought a few months ago. It makes my games look awesome.

I couldn’t really complain about my life at all. I was happy camper, that all changed one stormy night. I was watching a Gilligan’s Island marathon on direct tv, it was storming like crazy outside. The rain was pelting against the windows like you wouldn’t believe. The lightning was starting to get really loud, so I figured I would unplug my laptop, as it was the only thing not on a protected circuit. I walked over to the socket and pulled the cord out, however as I was pulling it out a felt surge of electricity spark through me. The power of it all knocked me a couple of steps backwards. I fell onto my bed a bit in shock. Do you know that feeling when you are laying in bed, and you are laying just right so your hand falls asleep. Then you move it and it feels tingly. That is how my entire body felt.

I just laid on my bed for a few minutes, to see if it went away but it the strange feeling remained. I decided to go downstairs and tell my parents what happened to see what they thought. I was probably overreacting but I was sure I would feel better hearing it from them. I started down the stairs, and as soon as I was halfway down I could hear my sister’s music. It sounded like one of those stupid Disney girls. You know who I am talking about. Some of those girls who don’t really have any business singing, but they get a CD anyway. It’s that bubblegum, Hilary Duff pop crap. I have always despised that kind of music. Its just grating on the ears, you can hardly think thing while its playing. I swear that it makes you dumber just having to listen to it. It can easily shave a couple hundred S.A.T. points off your score.

I just made it down the stairs when the room started spinning. The entire room was going around and around so fast that it started to look like I had one to many go-a rounds on the tea cup at the fair.

The next thing I knew I was lying face first on the floor. My head was pounding as the hallways were all hardwood floor even though the bedrooms were carpeted. I heard my sister’s door open, I assumed to check out what all the noise was. I yelled to her that I was okay, but the door kept on opening up.

I felt a wave of hot air blow over me. I could only assume that it was from my sister Alyson’s room as she kept her room about at about a million degrees Fahrenheit. She was constantly cold; she always wore sweaters in these fall and winter months.

“I said I am okay Al” I yelled louder as her door continued to open up. I sighed in frustration as I pushed myself up and turned towards Al’s door. As I spun around my eyes started to bug out and my jaw begun to drop, as I faced my younger sister’s door, I found myself staring dead into her stocking clad feet.

I didn’t know what to say or do. I was in complete shock and amazement as she stepped into her bedroom doorway. I wanted to scream, or yell, but nothing came out. I just looked at her. She was beyond huge. I could only watch as she scanned the area looking, she didn’t even see me. I don’t really blame her as she probably wasn’t looking for a shrunken person.

I then heard a distant voice yell up, I didn’t even recognize it at first. It wasn’t until my sister yelled back down she didn’t know that I realized it was my mother. I kept trying to coax myself into moving, but it wasn’t until my sister started to retreat back to her room that I found my body willing to move.

As soon as I started moving I was in dead sprint and I knew I wasn’t stopping. I just kept running faster and faster as I watched my sister’s door close. I kept my eyes on the small gap hoping that I could somehow squeeze through at the last second but I heard her door click shut and I knew then it was over. I collapsed the floor just as I felt it begin to shake.

I didn’t really feel anything emotionally, as the shaking began to increase. I think that I was just in too much of a state of shock to really comprehend any of the emotions that I was feeling. The floor begun to shake worse and worse, at first I just saw a bit of blonde hair, then I saw a pony tail flapping back and forth almost in time with the thuds. Then it increased and I could see a greenish tank top, then a shot denim skirt. It was my twin sister Jenni. This time I managed to yell, but it was nothing intelligible. As soon as her shoes touched ground I knew I was in trouble. I looked to the left, and then to right. I was exactly in the middle of the hallway. I tried yelling again as Jenni walked down the hallway. The floorboards vibrated with her every step as I watched her quickly traverse the hallway. Everyone one of her steps looked to be covering a mile or two. I didn’t know how to react, or which way to go. I screamed again as her left foot crashed into the floor so close to me I could reach out and touch it, and then her opposite foot rose over head and glided over me. I ducked down tucking my head into my lap as I yelled. I felt her foot crash down somewhere behind me. The whoosh from her opening her door sent me flying back a few feet towards her room, then a gust of air blew back across the other way sending me rolling a few feet forward.

I just laid there for the longest time. I didn’t know what to do, or what to think. I just laid there in an attempt to take it all in. I decided then that my choices were limited. The first door that opened up, I would have to go for, as I couldn’t survive in this hallway for long.

Chapter Two: A Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step by asukafan2001

Thousands of thoughts were going through my head as I lay on the hardwood floor. I did not understand how this happened and I did not know how any doctor, or anyone for that matter could help me. This did not seem like some normal problem, or even a rare problem. I never had heard of anyone ever shrinking. This could not be some easy fix of take this prescription down to the drugstore, take a couple of these, and call me in the morning.

            My heart started to pound as I pondered having to spend the rest of my life like this. As I looked down at my body, I could not be more then an inch tall. This was not exactly what I had in mind for my last year of school before graduation.

            My thoughts were interrupted as I heard a door start to open. I was almost afraid to look. I was hoping it was my twin sister Jenni, as she would be more mature being she was the same age as I was. The ideal situation would have been my parents finding me, but the fact they have a room downstairs, made it very unlikely they would come upstairs at all after 8pm.

            My hopes unfortunately went answered as the door to my younger sister’s room opened up. I still could not get over how huge she looked. It was a bit terrifying to see my sister this massive in size. I started running towards her door, as I had no idea how long this window of opportunity would be open, and it would be easier to get her attention once in her room then it would be right now. As it just did not seem likely, that she would be staring at floor.

            I nervously watched her foot soar overhead and crash down behind me. I stumbled a bit almost tumbling to the ground as I continued running towards her bedroom. I looked down the hall and breathed a sigh of relief as I watched her head downstairs. I knew that I had caught my first lucky break. Since she was going down stairs, I now had five to ten minutes to get into her room.

            I could not believe how long it took me to make it to her room. It took nearly twice as long as I had imagined. I could hear Al starting to come back up the stairs just as I made it into her room. As soon as I entered, I ran to the side and clutched the trim that went along side the wall. Staying along the trim would be the safest place to hang out while Alyson settled into her room, as I definitely did not want to end up smushed under her foot.

            The first thing I saw of my sister as she entered the room was her pink sock; it was a rather dingy looking pink sock with Betty Boop faces all over it. I felt small as I looked at her feet. I could see all the tiny holes of her cotton socks; I could feel the heat coming off her foot. This very same foot, which was now several times my length, the foot of my younger sister, could now engulf me. I felt completely humiliated at the thought of it, and then on top of that, the very same foot could most likely crush me without to much difficulty.         

            The closing of her door interrupted my thoughts. I looked at the door for a second realizing that this was really it. There was no going back from here; even if I wanted to, I could not now, as the door tightly shut. I exhaled loudly as I turned towards my sister who was already across the room.

            “Let’s do it.” I said to myself.

            I scanned the room from my spot against the trim of the wall next to the door. The room was far from spotless so that was to my advantage. There were several piles of clothes, some cds and movies, along with other junk scattered around. Therefore, I could hop from pile to pile until I reached her or I could go along the wall. The wall would be the safest, but the pile hopping would be the quickest. The important thing was to not be spotted until I was ready to be. My worst fear was being mistaken for a bug, or something else along those lines. I wanted help, and I wanted Al to find me, but it had to be on my terms. If I could make it to her nightstand, and then hang out there until morning, the perfect time would be right when she got up. She would be looking at her alarm, and there I would be.

            I started to look around the room and cringed at all the stuff she had along her walls. Dressers, nightstands, desks, bookshelves, television stands. It would be a nightmare going around all that. I decided that the best choice action would be to hop from pile to pile.

            I took a deep breath and sprinted across the floor to the first pile, however the run was not as easy going as I had first suspected. The tall shag carpeting made the run more like running through a field of corn. I had to constantly move the carpet fibers out the way with my hands as I ran.

            I thought that I would never reach that first pile. I continued pushing the carpet fibers out of my way as I made my way to my first point. I was about halfway to the first to the first pile when I felt the floor begin to shake and pulse as a loud voice engulfed the room causing me to stop in my tracks. I looked from left to right trying to figure out what was going as it sounded like the voice of god was swirling around me. Then I started to notice that god sounded like a lot like Hilary Duff. I shook my head at my stupidity. It’s my sister’s lame music; she has it playing over her surround sound system.

            I continued on my way without any major interruption, beyond the annoying music swirling around me. As I reached the first pile, I collapsed onto a white cassimere sweater. I lay sprawled out across the sweater gasping for air. I could not believe how out of shape I was. This was a nightmare. At this pace, I would never get across the room. I sat up and looked over at my sister. She had on grey sweatpants with a pink stripe going down the side of the pant leg; her right foot was dangling over the side of her bed as he read a magazine. She had no clue I was even here. I realized for the first time that this was not going to be as easy as I had first thought.

Chapter Three: Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still. by asukafan2001

 

 

I collapsed onto her white cassimere sweater, her white soft sweater felt like heaven against my sore and battered muscles. I looked over at monolithic sister and sighed in frustration. I pictured myself being able to hop from pile to pile but that fantasy had gone out to window. I now wondered if I could even make it to her nightstand by morning. That is when another thought crept into my head. A thought I really should have had before. How was I going to climb this nightstand? It was huge in comparison to my now diminutive size.  

I cursed under my breath as a possibly fatal flaw in my plan had come about. I turned my head slightly to look at the nightstand in the far off distance. It looked miles upon miles away. It was near the outer age of my range of perception. I found looking at the nightstand was a lot like looking at a distant mountaintop, it was hazy and there was nothing to focus on. Everything blurred together in the general shape of the nightstand.

I spent a lot of time hymning and hawing over what to do. I finally decided to continue with the plan I originally had. If nothing else it was a plan, and having some kind of plan is better then just aimlessly wandering hoping to find some way to magically reverse the situation I am in somehow. I guess I had better continue on. I told myself.

            As I stood up, I could feel that my muscles had tightened and my body had grown stiff. I stretched a little and looked up at the piles of clothes. I found myself standing on a white cassimere sweater, which made up the base of this pile that was made up of multitude of clothes, which stretched up into the sky. It was a sickening sight to say the least. It was not sickening in the respect of gross those are dirty clothes, but more along the lines of the fact that this pile of clothing is now so much taller then me. It dominates my immediate field of vision.

            I gulped as I looked up at mountainous pile of clothing. I knew I was going to have to climb this pile. As I looked at my situation, I was in a bad spot. I had a plan but no clue how to execute it. I needed some intelligence. If I climb to the top I should be able to see the lay of the land, and figure out not only what route to take, but also which way should be the fastest.

            I took another deep breath and started walking towards the pile. I could feel my feet sinking into her soft white sweater with my every step. Each one of those steps took me closer to the mountain. I found my mind begin to ease the more I thought of the pile of clothing as mountain. It made the situation seem more rational. I was going to climb this mountain to get directions. I could wrap my head around that easier then I am going to climb my younger sisters pile of dirty laundry so that I can navigate her messy bedroom easier, in hopes of reaching her nightstand before morning.

            After a longer walk then I had imagined when I decided to climb the mountain, I finally reached the base. I slowly looked from right to left for a good place to begin. What looked like a quarter mile down from where I was looked to be a good location to begin. There was a sock, which was bent and ruffled a bit.

            I jogged down to the sock and started my ascent. The ridges created by how my sister had dropped the sock made it an easy place to climb. I could easily grab onto the next ridge. I continued to climb from ridge to ridge of the sock until I reached a fold in a white cotton shirt. I pulled on the fold of the shirt a bit and it seemed secure. I took a deep breath and pulled myself up. The fold in the shirt had a lot more give then the sock did. I found myself hurrying onto the next fold rather quickly. I reached about halfway when I found the white cotton fabric changing into a dark black. I tilted my head a bit and looked at the black coloring. The black I was on was only but a horizontal strip, which connected to two outer black stripes that went up at an angle until they met. To the right of me was long black stripe that went up straight into the air, but towards the top two strips went off to right more. The word gap popped into my head. I was on the letter A and next to me was the letter P. This had to be one of sisters gap t-shirts.

            I was about to continue with my climb when I felt mountain begin to shake a little. This caused me to look down. I gulped and clung to the t-shirt tightly at the sight of how far up I really was. A drop from here might be fatal, but it would definitely injure me.

            I was looking around to seeing where my sister could possibly be going, and hoping that she wasn’t heading my way when I heard the door open up.

            “Honey, have you seen your brother? He was up in his room, but I don’t see him now and his car his still here.” My mom’s voice rumbled across the room, everything started to shake again, I could feel the fold in the shirt I was clinging too begin to move. I begun to madly climb upwards faster.

            “I haven’t seen him all night.” My sister replied as the shaking worsened by the second. New folds were now forming and disappearing by the second as I continued my ascent. As I made it to the top of the shirt, I found a small crawlspace between the shirt and whatever piece of denim clothing was above me. I pulled myself into the crawl space as I braced myself against both walls. As I looked out at the room, I could see my mother walking right towards the pile. I screamed for my mother hoping she would somehow hear me.

            “Where could that boy be? It’s not like him to not say anything when he goes out, but he’s old enough to take care of himself now I guess.” The voices of my mother and sister were loud and deafening. There voices boomed throughout the room like thunder in the sky. I called for my mother one last time before she turned and left the room.

            I sat in this small cave for a few minutes after she left. My heart was still racing. I could not believe how close I had come to death. One of those folds disappearing a second too soon and I could have been nothing but a stain on a shirt. Well lets just climb this, see where to go and get back to the much safer floor, or at least I thought it was safer. I was still naïve and had not learned of the dangers of that this new world brings.

Chapter Four: “A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials.” by asukafan2001

            It was late before I made it to the very top. In fact it was so late that Al was about to go to sleep. As I made had made it to the top all the lights in the room were doused. I tried to survey the land but it was to dark. I sighed as I lay down on the soft floor of the mountaintop. My sister’s perfume, mixed with her scent permeated the ground along with the smell of dirty laundry.

            I pulled part of the sleeve of her sweatshirt over me, as I now knew there was nothing I could do until morning. As badly as I wanted to be found, poking around in the dark was not going to solve anything.

            I awoke to the most horrific noise I had ever heard. I covered my ears as I peeked out from underneath the sleeve I was using as a blanket. It was at that moment that I saw Alyson smash her hand down against the alarm. The noise sent a shudder down my spine. As long as I was like this, Alyson is definitely not the weakling I tease and berate.

            Sunlight was peeking in through the windows illuminating the room enough to see everything clearly. I sleepily stood up rubbing the sleep from eyes. I have to say that if you ever need a goodnights sleep, a pile of clothes sleeps like you wouldn’t believe. I cannot remember the last time I slept that well.

            My stomach growled as I scanned the floor, there were several major piles of clothes and scattered miscellaneous items sprinkled across the floor, however there is still a lot of carpet between everything. I made a mental note of a few key landmarks and was about to head back down to the floor when everything began to tremble. I froze at the sight of Alyson fully standing up. I had nowhere to go, or seek shelter. I watched her slide her feet into her khaki colored slippers and stomp forward. She still had on the same sweatpants that she had last night along with a gray shirt that had princess written across it in pink sparkly writing.

            “Alyson! Down here! Look down here” I shouted as she began walking. I could feel everything trembling in her wake. She yawned and stretched out her arms as she continued coming near me. I dove to the ground and braced myself as best I could as I looked up at my gigantic sister. Everything about her was magnified seemingly a hundred times, her messy hair draped over her shoulders, the sleepy look on her face. It all sent shivers down my spine.

            I was not prepared for what happened next though. It happened so fast I could not even register what was going on. In one motion, Alyson grabbed the bottom of her shirt and pulled it up and over her head. The sky filled with a blanket of white. I tried to stand up but my body would not respond. I could hear and feel the thump, thump; thump of Alysons every step reverberated across the floor and threw my body. My teeth chattered with her every motion. The shirt fell lower and lower but I was paralyzed in fear. I managed to let out a single scream before it blanketed me. The smell of my sister was everywhere now; I could feel her body heat still flowing through the shirt. As soon as I heard her door click shut, I knew it was time to get back to the floor. I slowly made my way out from underneath the heavy shirt and back down to the carpeting of her floor.

            As soon as my feet sunk into the carpeting of Al’s floor I felt overwhelming relief of joy swell inside of me. It was like being at sea for weeks and then finally getting your feet onto land. However, the downside to being back on floor was I once again had to face the true reality of my size. The mountainous pile of clothes I had just climbed once again dwarfed me; I just had to fight my way out from underneath one of my sister’s t-shirts. Gigantic everyday objects, Alyson’s bed, her dresser, her desk, shelves, surround me; everything looks hundreds of feet tall.

            The worst feeling of all though, was when I heard my mom walk down the stairs from bedroom crying. I never had heard my mother cry before, I wanted to just jump out into the hall and say here I am look at me, but unfortunately, I can’t.  I just had to get Al’s attention. I turned back towards her nightstand and looked up at it. I took a deep breath and started heading towards my sister’s vans. They were those low cut skater shoes. I had seen her wear them off and on but I never paid them much mind. I mean how often does anyone look at someone’s shoes, especially your siblings.

           

            Meanwhile, everyone was starting to worry about Jacen, some people more then others. He was never the type of person to just leave and not say anything. Then not return home at all. Mom and Dad were quite worried to say the least. I had not ever seen them as they were that morning. Mom was in a total daze. I could have asked her for a hundred bucks and she would have just written me a check. I thought they were just over reacting. My twin brother is a big a boy, I figured he could still take care of himself. I had no idea how wrong I was.

            As freaked out as my parents were that morning, my sister and I were the exact opposite. We were both acting as if nothing was wrong at all. Neither of us could really picture Jacen being in any real trouble. He has always been the level headed one, the responsible one. He never really took much for risks and he worked hard. All of that was about to change.

           

Chapter Five: "Fall seven times, stand up eight" by asukafan2001

Chapter Five: “Fall Seven Times, Stand Up Eight”

 

I sat down on a tube lipstick and put my head in my lap. It was so surreal. Not more then what should be five feet behind me is a dresser, and yet it looks like miles and miles from me. Everything now is just so damn big. Shoes, shirts, socks, handbags, they all are practically immoveable objects.

I felt the ground begin to tremble, then the door swung open as I fell off the tube of lipstick. I looked up from the ground as my sister now fully dressed, walked back into the room. I could immediately smell her perfume, it never bothered me before but as she entered this time, it smelled bad.

I screamed in her direction hoping she would somehow here me, but it was no use, I watched her pleated skirt flitter as she walked towards her desk grabbing her dark blue backpack which matches her dark blue v-neck sweater. As she walked back towards the door with her Ipod in hand I yelled one last time but she didn’t even react to my screams for help. As she put the ear buds in, and walked out the door that was it.

I felt alone, and I was for the first time. I had been alone all along, but I was at least near my family, even if they had no idea I was here. I kicked at my sister’s tube of lipstick while still lying on my back. I was standing up when I heard it hit against something. I turned around to see what it had hit and a smile crept across my face, I bolted over to the box of joy, some people call it the Nintendo DS.

I climbed on top of it and took in its full glory, the screen now looked gigantic, the buttons were larger then my hands. It was incredible. I closed my eyes and prayed as I hit the power button hoping my stupid sister had not left it on without turning it off.

“God, Hi, I know you remember me. We don’t talk much but if you could just make this turn on, I swear I will never, ever, ever make fun of my younger sister again.”

I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the most glorious image I had ever seen. The words Nintendo sprawled across the screen. I looked down at the touch sensitive pad, hoping Nintendo decided to go with quality. I pressed down on the touch pad with all my strength and moved towards the notepad like feature.

I sloppily wrote out help, shrunk and then saved the message. I struggled to turn off the gigantic machine and looked at my sisters pink DS lite. I could not believe this thing was going to be my savior. I never was a big Nintendo fan, but if this worked, I would be quickly changing my mind.

I had no idea how much time had passed. My legs were burning as I trudged on. Everything was starting to bother me as I looked at the gigantic nightstand sitting next to my sister’s massive bed. The air filled with the smell of my sister’s laundry. Unfortunately, it wasn’t freshly washed laundry spread about her room. I was about to continue complaining silently to myself in my head when I noticed the bag of chips. My stomach growled as my mouth watered as my legs pulled me towards the nacho cheesy goodness of the opened bag of Doritos. I was without thought or concern crawling the half-eaten bag of chips. I for once loved my sisters constant snacking and messiness. I bent down beside one of the massive tortilla chips and bit in. The chip was a bit harder then I remembered them being. As I struggled to chew the tortilla chip until I finally spit it out. I slumped to the floor wondering if they were stale, when the all to familiar trembling began to return.

The door squeaked as it opened and then I heard Al slam it shut. I cowered in fear as I heard her walking about the room. It sounded like she was everywhere. I could hear footsteps everywhere and then the bed squeak a bit as the springs compressed under her weight.

I wondered if she would use her DS when I felt the bag begin to tilt. I made a grab for something to hold onto my hands found nothing but smooth plastic as I slid down faster and faster amongst a slew of tortilla chips, I crashed into the pile and slid beneath them. I screamed as I looked up at her from deep within the bag. I could see her straight dark brown hair fall, and her dark blue v-neck sweater and the underside of her jaw.

“Alyson” I shouted as I tried to move out of the pile of chips but this only caused me slide down a few rows deeper. The strong nacho cheesy smell was everywhere, as I felt the nacho seasoning stick to my body. I yelled Al’s name out again as her hand appeared overhead. I watched as her head titled down and her eyes look into the bag.

“mmmm” her voice an audio assault on my ears as her hand lowered into the bag. I was now kicking myself for moving around so much earlier. She might have seen me if I would have been a little more patient, but instead I made matters worse.

I could only watch as her hand lowered into the bag. My heart was racing as I looked on. What surprised me most though, was how I felt. I felt fear; I was scared of my younger sister. I wasn’t sure if it was fear of being found, fear of the situation, or just fear of my sister. It could have been mixture of them all. Her hand was like a claw. I watched it force its way through the chips I struggled in vein to move. Then her fingers began to curl around the chips and ascend out of the bag. She shoved a couple in her mouth as I watched her easily chew the chips I could not.

Crumbs pelted the floor and fell back into the bag as she ate. I watched in terror as her hand reached in again, however this time I felt the bag lift up as well. I was shaken as the bag slammed against her stomach as she walked; her hand once again grabbed several chips and ascended out of the bag. She shoved them into her mouth one after another uncaringly.

“Al! Alyson!” I screamed knowing that I was to far away and my voice to weak to reach her. The bag then lurched and began to freefall. There was a crunch noise as the bag impacted the ground.

“Coming Mom” my sister yelled as she walked out of the room.

Everything was once again still and silent. I somehow had ended up atop of the pile of Doritos; only much to chagrin the bag was vertically standing up. I carefully made my way over to the edge and tried to see if I could push it over only I felt something solid. I felt around the side of the bag more and all I could feel was solid. The bag could be leaning against anything. How I am going to get out of this now? I thought to myself as I sat down atop the pile of chips and leaned against the side of the bag.

Well, now what?” I said to myself with a heavy sigh.

 

 

Chapter Six: “We come nearest to the great when we are in great humilty" by asukafan2001

Chapter Six:

“We come nearest to the great when we are in great humilty"

“So Mrs. Preston what is your son’s name?” the police officer asked as he took a sip coffee while looking over the panic-stricken face of an obviously worried mother.

“Jacen, his name is Jacen Preston. He is five foot eleven two hundred and ten pounds. He has short straight brown hair, with brown eyes.” Mrs. Preston sputtered out while visibly shaking as she tries to calmly sit on the sofa.

“When was the last time you saw you son Mrs. Preston? This is very important so take your time.”

“Well it was when he came yesterday from school. He came home somewhat late and went up too his room. No one ever saw him leave his room but he just isn’t there. It’s not like my son to do this. He didn’t show up for any of classes, he didn’t show up for work. None of his friends has seen him. His room looks like he just vanished, the television is on, and his laptop is on. He had a game on that new 360 machine that was paused. I just can’t imagine him up and leaving all that.”

“Okay settle down Mrs. Preston we have a few more questions to ask you.”

 

I had no idea the level of anxiety and fear my parents, especially my mother were going through. I find myself in a very humbling situation. As I looked around the bag at the seemingly endless wall that is wrapped around me and then what might as well have been a million miles away was the opening of the bag. I was trapped in a bag of Doritos. I had labeled my sister the junk food junkie because she was always snacking on the something. I never thought that I would find myself trapped in one of those snacks. I hadn’t ever felt so humiliated and hopeless. The idea of being trapped in a bag of Doritos is sickening. At that time, I couldn’t imagine anything worse.

I heard and felt my sister return to her room and then a squeak of her desk chair. It sounded like it was real close by. I realize that the wall this bag is propped up against must be the side of her desk. The grinding of her wheels as it rolls over carpet, clothing and god only knows what else sends chills down my spine. All I can think about is what if I happened to be caught under those wheels. As I was trying to push those thoughts out my head, I feel the bag lurch forward. I am tossed against the side of the wall as the bag is lifted up higher and higher into the air, then it is dropped a few feet. I realize right away, what happened as I have seen it a thousand times. Whenever Alyson is at her computer, she will sit Indians style on this big office style chair, then in the middle usually sits some kind of junk food, this time it’s Doritos.

I look up at her as she casually types away at her computer, I hear the annoying bing of a instant messenger program go off every couple of seconds. I still can’t believe how huge my younger sister looks. Al has always been a lot like me only female. She plays many sports; she has something I don’t however. She has a high degree of natural talent. She is great soccer, she is great at basketball, and she can run like the wind in track. She was always just my dorky younger sister though. I never really thought of her as a person. She was someone I would give a hard time every chance I got, I would always beat her in any kind of sport we played just because I was bigger and it bothers her so much. She is a very competitive person. Now, I look at her like this and I can’t even wrap my head around the fact that this is my sister.

My walk down memory lane is interrupted as I hear the bag start to rustle; I look up and see her hand once again lowering. I can’t believe how huge her hand looked, before I was buried beneath chips and I was frantically fighting to escape but now that I have no where to go, I really get the sense of how big her hands are now. They cover a good portion of the bag; I look up and see several bracelets dangling around her wrists. I start to wonder if I could possibly grab onto one of them but that is cut short by the bag being swatted free from Alyson’s lap. I hear her shout bangles as the bag and me free fall a bit and then crash onto the floor. I spill out of the bag along with a slew of chips. I pull myself out from the pile as I see my sister stand up, holding Jenni’s cat bangles. I look up in awe as she crosses the room with ease and sets the cats down and then closes her door.

The floor starts tremble and shake once again as she returns. I watched as a shadow loomed over the chips and me. My little sister started to reach towards the bag and then paused. I look from right to left to see what is going on and then back at my sister.

“Al!! Yes!! Its me Jacen!! Thank god.” Relief washed over me as I saw my sister staring at me. It can’t even put into words how great I felt. This hellish journey was about to be over.

“Buggie, come here buggie buggie” The words cut through me like a hot knife through butter. It was as if I was watching my best friend stab me in the back and then the last thing I see before I bleed to death is him making out with my girlfriend. I couldn’t even react at first as I saw Al’s hand shoot down towards me. I don’t know how but as if my body had a mind of its own I had leapt out of the way just in time. I watched her hand grab onto a chip and toss it to the side. I took off running, in the distance, I could see an overturned sneaker, and there was a blue shirt that was to me just a few yards ahead. I figured that if I could climb into the sleeve of the shirt, I could sneak over and into the shoe. As I was thinking how great this plan was, everything lurched to a halt as her foot crashed down in front of me.

Everything at that moment happened in slow motion. I never thought that it actually happened. It was just like in those television shows where they recount near death experiences and the person is saying how everything slows down. This was just like that.

I was running full speed, and watching my sister’s blue t-shirt get closer and closer to me. I thought I was home free, but out of nowhere a long shadow appeared just in front of me. The shadow was huge; it was unlike anything I had imagined. I never even had time to look up as one of the most powerful gusts of wind I had ever felt sailed past me sending me to a near halt. In fact, if it wasn’t for that wind I would be dead. A white blur was all I saw then the next thing I knew I hit a wall. My face slammed against the white wall, I staggered backwards and fell onto my back. As I propped myself into a semi crabwalk position I saw my sister’s foot in front of me.

I for the first time realized my true size, and how naive I was to think I could get easily get help, I must look like nothing in comparison to her. She is expecting her brother to be someone over a foot taller then her, not dwarfed by her foot.

 

“Oh buggie” Alyson called out from above. The statement made my blood turn to ice as I slowly looked up at the gigantic being before me. The only thing running through my head was god help me, please help me. A new kind of fear and terror overwhelmed me and I realized for the first time just how much trouble I was really in.

Chapter Seven: "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." by asukafan2001

The cotton of her sock looked to be thicker then the wall of a house. The ridges were wide enough for me to put my hands in between. As I looked at the sock, I could see its bright white color towards the top and then its dingy white almost grayish color in the last bit of sock you could see before it goes beneath Al’s foot.

I start to stand up while looking from right to left for some place to hide. Just as I am about to stand up her other foot stomps down behind me, the impact makes my heart jump nearly out of me. I tumble over and land awkwardly on one of the Doritos. A shadow appears over before I even have time to move. All I can see is my little sister’s hand moving towards me. I scream as I watch it get closer and closer. Alyson’s hand is nearly on top of me when I spot a dark navy blue sock just beside me. I roll over and crawl into the sock just missing her hand.

“Stupid bug” I hear my sister say in reference to me as the sock begins to lift up. I realize my error immediately. I was reacting without thinking. She is looking down at the whole scene and can see every move I make. I was reacting as if we were on equal footing. Getting into the shoe, crawling through her shirt it all would have been useless. She is looking down on everything, seeing everything. I never had a chance.

My realization came to late however as I felt myself skidding towards the toe section of sock. I crashed face first into the putrid bottom of the sock. I wondered how long this sock was sitting here as I struggle to stand up but I found standing inside the sock to be a lot like trying to stand on a hammock.

I could see bits and pieces of my younger sister flash by through the tiny holes that cover the entirety of the sock The computer chair depress as my sister sits down looking at the sock, her eyes beating down on me as I struggle just to stand up in the bottom of one of her socks.

“Alyson! The police officer wants to talk to you about your brother honey.” I had never been so happy to hear the voice of my mother in my life.

“You’re saved, for now buggie. But you are going to be food for Rosco when I come back.” I watch my sister stand up and drop the sock onto her desk, she is about to walk away when I feel her pick up the sock again.

“Not so fast bug, I got a surprise for you.” Alyson says as I watch as a smirk travels across her face. Then in one fluid motion, I watch her knot the top of the sock sealing the only way out.

“Al! Its me Jacen!!” I yell but she drops the sock onto the computer chair and walks out of the room.

As soon as she leaves I fall to my knees, my entire body is shaking in fear as I gasp for air. My muscles ache as I start to crawl towards the foot hole of the sock. All I can hear in my head as I crawl towards the foot hole of the sock is you’re going to be food for Rocco. Rocco is my sister’s pet lizard. I remember her in the past her taking bugs that have been found in the house up to her room to feed to Rocco but I never pictured me being one of them.

The thought of that now giant lizard playing with me, and then finally sinking its teeth into me makes me sick. As I reach the knot my sister tied, I start trying to pry the sock apart. The smell of my sister’s sweat and feet is completely overpowering. Tears start to roll down my cheek as I hopelessly struggle to free myself. I can’t imagine that this is what my life has come too. Here I am fighting for survival from a smelly old sock knotted by my sister.

I watch the sunlight fall and darkness cover the room. I wonder what could be taking my sister so long. I had given up hours ago. There is no way out of this sock. There aren’t any holes, the knot is just to tight. I am a prisoner, being held captive in my little sister’s sock. The odors that have long been trapped in this sock are starting to drive me crazy. The idea that this sock could be months old grossed me out a little as I finally hear the door open. I expected her to come straight towards me, but she doesn’t. I watch her walk over to her bed. As I catch a glimpse of her face, I can see her eyes red, obviously from crying.

She lies on her bed for sometime, and then I see her eyes drift towards the chair. She just stared at it for a while then I saw her bolt up and head straight towards me. Each step she took towards me made me a bit more nervous, her hand wrapped around the sock and I felt myself sliding back towards the toe section as she unknots the sock.

I am then unceremoniously dumped onto her hand. She looked at me for a bit and then rolled me over with her finger. I can only repeatedly yell her name as I feel her start to move towards what I can only guess is the cage.

Two of Alyson’s fingers grip like a tweezers as I am lifted up into the air. I close my eyes as I wait for my decent into the cage, but then what I can only chalk up to a miracle I hear my name exit her lips. I open my eyes to see myself moving closer and closer to her face.

“Oh my god” Alyson says as I watch her face change from sadness, to happiness, and then to shock.

“I can’t believe this, you’re so tiny…”

“Al, you have to help me. Get me to mom.”

“You are so tiny. I can’t believe this. You are so tiny. You are tiny.”

“Al, Al, ALYSON!!” I shout but her grip on me tightens. I an only watch as her fingers wrap around my body sealing me in her dark sweaty fist as she feints.

“This isn’t so bad. Help is just delayed; she can’t be out for that long.” I mumble to myself as I find myself once again my little sister’s captive.

Almost immediately, I heard fast heavy thuds reverberating through the floor. The voice of my twin sister Jenni fills the room, and then heard her quickly close the door and rush back towards Al.

“Jenni” I shout but it is just no use. I feel Al’s body start to rise and her grip on me loosen. I reach my hands out trying to grab onto something, anything. I crash onto a pile of my sister’s clothes. I was literally saved by my sister’s dirty laundry. I never thought I would see the day.

My attention quickly turned to my sisters. I watched Jenni lay Al out across her bed and sit down next to her. I couldn’t tell wha she was doing but after a few minutes Alyson began to move around.

“Jenni?” Al groggily sputtered out.

“You fainted; you are probably just stressed out over this whole Jacen thing. Don’t worry though. He will be okay.” Jenni says reassuringly.

“No, that’s just it. I saw him. He is super tiny, like this small Jenni.”

“You were just seeing things, you were probably delirious. This is a very natural thing. You want Jacen to be back so you pictured him in something you were holding.”

“No he is right here in my hand” I watch Al’s expression change to disbelief as looks at her empty hand.

“I know this hard, but it will all be okay.” Jenni says as she runs her hand across her sister’s cheek.

“Your right, Jacen can be tiny. I’m just crazy. Who would believe that?”

“Now just rest up, and don’t tell mom and dad about this. They are going crazy enough without finding out you feinted.

“Okay” I clutched a ruffle of the skirt I was on for support as Jenni’s giant foot comes down closes by causing everything to shake. As Jenni left closing the door behind her I felt defeated. She had completely ruined any progress I made in getting help. Al just thinks I was a figment of her imagination.

I wonder if I am going to spend the rest of my like this? Living in my little sister’s bedroom, sleeping on her clothes, eating her scraps of food.

 

Chapter Eight : "Darkness is not absolute, even in darkness there is light" by asukafan2001

 

            I couldn’t remember a time that I ever felt any lower then I did at that time. It was as if everything was just sucked out of me and I had nothing left. Is this what gods master plan was for me? My entire life was a build up to being shrunk in my younger sister’s bedroom, forced to live amongst this junk as I scavenge for her crumbs just so that I can eek out a miserable life as some sort of parasite.

            “If this is what being a good person gets you I was screwed. What were all those hours in church spent for huh god? Were you even listening to my prayers? Or were you just laughing down on me. Oh that’s Jacen Preston, he’s this walking joke I have going on. He’s gonna end up a bug on his sister’s floor. Well thanks a lot. You can take your humanity and shove it up your ass god. Who needs you!”

            I fell to my knees in tears as I pounded the ground. I hadn’t ever felt so lost or alone in my life. No one can ever understand how I felt. You have no idea what it is like to see your family in pain over you, and your still around to witness it. It is almost as if I am dead, and I am but a ghost watching the pain that I inflicted upon the ones I loved most.

            I never thought that I could feel any lower. That I could feel more pain, more anxiety then I did at that moment. It was, however at that instant that I heard Al speak my name. I turned and looked up at her; I was shocked to see her staring at her Nintendo DS screen. The words she saw my message rang in my head like church bells as I screamed in elation over the realization that there was still hope.

            The floorboards trembled as Alyson leapt off her bed, calling my name as she scanned the floor. I felt a bit of that same fear I felt earlier as I stared up at her, watching her body rise taller and taller. As she stood to her full height, I felt as if I was looking up at something beyond me, beyond my own significance as a person and it scared me.

            I bolted up nearly falling off the pile of clothes that I had been sprawled out across. I waved my hands as I watched Al’s eyes scan the floor while she called my name.

            Every second that past, I could feel the anxiety inside me growing. Would she see me? Alternatively, would her eyes just pass me by? Each step she would take caused the pile of clothes I was on to shake and shimmy slightly as Al moved across her room. The decisive moment was nearly upon me. I could see her eyes looking right at me. I started jumping and yelling for all I was worth. I knew that this was my moment. My plight was about to climax, but then the unthinkable happened. She looked right past me. It was as if I was nothing. This was supposed to be my moment, but all I can do is look on vein.

            I watched her foot rise up as she pivoted to turn, my eyes lit up as I realized what was about to come but I had not time to react. I instinctively yelled out as her foot slammed into the pile clothes. I felt myself tumble down the mountainous pile of laundry and crash to the floor. I rolled to halt in time to see a multitude of colors spread out across the sky. It was as if it was the fourth of July and the sky was filled with a sea of colors. I wanted to get up, or to move but there was no time. The clothes pelted down on me.

            I tried to move but I was pinned down by the weight of my little sister’s clothing. I attempted to move my legs hoping to push myself up but I couldn’t budge them. I then tried to see if I could push up on the clothing enough so I could try to crawl out of here but I just wasn’t strong enough.  Thoughts of dying beneath a pile of laundry started to filter through my head.

            I heard Alyson starting to call for me again, I then felt the ground tremble like it had not ever before. She called my name again but this time it sounded closer to me then it ever had before. I called out again in vein. Knowing it was futile but it was still my only chance. Out of all the ways to die, I didn’t want to die via unwashed laundry.

            “Jacen?” I heard her call out, but this time it was almost as if it were a question. I yelled for my little sister again praying that my voice would somehow be carried to her ears when I heard her call out where are you?

            “I’m here, I’m right here.” I sobbed out; I slowly felt the clothing being lifted off me. Then I saw Al’s face closer then I ever imagined. It filled the sky, as she was down on all four looking straight down at me.

            It was then I realized exactly what I felt before. It just took this moment, these circumstances for it all to come out. It was absolute fear. I was afraid of my sister. I knew that in my head, it was crazy this is my sister.

            It wasn’t any one thing that I was afraid of, it was everything. It was as I lied there and looked from left to right her arms appeared to be thicker then I was long, her arms that I could remember as looking scrawny now were huge.  I could remember times when we played basketball, my arms were two to three times the size of hers, I easily bumped her around. Now as I look at these same arms, they looked huge, the muscle definition sent shivers down my spine.

            “Jacen, I, Jacen” my sister said as he looked down at me. I wasn’t prepared for what happened next though. It was so quick that I never saw it coming. Out of the corner of my eye, there was a blur then it was just firm pressure everywhere. Something firm was wrapped around my body tightly. It completely immobilized my body.

            Light started to filter in as I watched the pressure around my body release. I was literally in the palm of my sister’s hand. I looked around and clutched the floor of her hand.

            “I can’t believe this is you Jacen. Everyone is so worried about you. I am just gonna carry you over to my desk okay.” Alyson’s voice boomed around me. I couldn’t even make out much of what she was saying but before I could say anything we were on the move. I had no idea what was about to happen but I did know at least I was no longer alone.

           

Chapter Nine: Facts and Reality by asukafan2001
            It is funny how size can change so many things. When you are young, the world seems so vast. You can’t even imagine beyond your block, and then you’re a little older and you don’t think that a world exists beyond your town. Then you get older and the world seems smaller and smaller. You look at a globe, you can identify many of the countries, and even though they are thousands upon thousands of miles away, it’s not a place that is out of reach. There isn’t a single place you can’t get too on this planet in under a day. Then a day or two ago this happens and everything is turned upside down. My sister’s bedroom is practically a world in itself. Piles of clothes tower above me like mountains. Things you take for granted like cell phones and ipods are now larger then life. Hand held games are a complete joke, the machines are bigger, then my entire body.

            I thought maybe just maybe I could accept that, wrap my head around it, but then you see a person. I don’t mean just any person, a person who you have been bigger then your entire life, and not just a few inches taller. A good foot taller, and now they are so big a skyscraper may as well be mobile home in comparison.

            How do you accept that? How can you live a life where you are like an ant? I spent the last thirty or so hours trying to get my sister’s attention. You can have no idea what that’s like. Its not that she didn’t want to help me, or couldn’t help me. She didn’t know that I existed. When she walks around, she is one of six billion people. When I walk around, I go unnoticed and unseen by six billion people.

            I could have died beneath a pile of laundry, a pile of stinky, sweaty clothes and I am supposed to think that’s okay? Then my little sister comes to the rescue. My little five foot tall dorky sister has to pick up her big heavy laundry so that her big brother can get out.

            I started tumbling end over end, which broke my train of thought. I extended my arms out trying to grasp onto something, anything but, they slid across the oily surface like skates on ice. I fell roughly onto a hard wooden surface. I opened my eyes and stared down at the giant grain patterns of the wood. My hands swept across the roughness of my sister’s wooden desk. I tried to look down at the desk for as long as I could. I knew the moment I turned around everything would be different. I would be different.

            I slowly turned my head around. It felt like one of those slow movie pans. I could see everything on my sister’s desk. Giant speakers, books, pens, paper, make up, everything so much bigger then me. Then out of the corner of my eye, I could see her arm. It was so big. It’s like looking out at Mount Rushmore big. More and more of her came into view. Al was staring at me just as I was staring at her. It was an awkward silence.

            The silence was broken by the sound of Nick Lachey. I covered my ears as Al dug her cell phone out of her pocket. I tried to motion to her stop but it was too late. She flipped her phone and pressed it against her ear.

            “Hello?” her voice rang out everywhere. I started to back away but I soon tumbled backwards and fell onto a giant book. I turned my head and the words geometry were sprawled across the top.

            “Hi Josie, I’m fine. Just staring at what looks like my brother. I think I am going to have to call you back.” She closed the phone and tossed it down on the desk. The phone looked like it was half a mile away but I could still feel the ground shake slightly as it settled.

            Neither of us knew what to say. We just kept looking at each other for a while. It was rather unnerving. Then it happened. One moment her hand was out of sight then her finger landed on my stomach. I instinctively grasped her fingernail and tried to push it away but it was no use. Her finger pressed into my stomach. I could barely breathe at first; I thought I was going to die. Then the pressure lightened up. I firmly grasped her index finger and tried to shove it away but it was futile. She had too much strength.

            “Squishy” she said as she looked down at me. A smile crept across her face as she gently stroked her finger down the length of my body. I felt violated; it was as if I was being raped. I had no control over the situation. I wanted her stop, but I couldn’t do anything. She then started to pull her finger away, and then it bent back. I heard a whoosh sound and then the most incredible amount of pain I had ever felt in my life struck my side. I rolled over, and was about to roll over again when I hit what felt like a wall. I looked at what I had hit with a dazed and out of it feeling in my head. It was Al’s finger.

            It was just like before. I would try to roll over, and get away from her finger but she would push me back to where I was until I finally gave up and let her feel me.

            “I can’t believe this is you Jacen, it’s hardly like you’re a person.” Her voice rumbled at my level.

            “Look Al” I started to say but she shook her head.

            “I can’t hear you, this, this can’t be you. It has to be a joke.” I saw her hand swoosh towards me. I ducked down as her hand shot over me. It was quite clear in my mind that she wasn’t grabbing for me. As from what I have seen so far, if she wanted to grab me, I would have no chance to react. I turned around just in time to see a giant navy blue stocking cap land inches from me.

            “What’s the” Was all I could get out before A strong shove from behind sent me falling towards her cap as she lifted it wide open. I fell face first onto the knit ropelike fabric. I tried to stand up but I found my limbs entangled in this knit stocking cap. As the top fell down against me, I couldn’t help but feel like a fish in a net as I flailed around trying to free myself. I was about to say something when the hat was lifted in the air. I watched as everything blurred by at what seemed like an incredible pace. The hat swung back and forth entangling me further. I heard a creak that was now magnified hundreds of times because my size but I still recognized it as her closet door opening. The hat and I were lifted up higher and higher and finally she let go. The hat fell what seemed like miles before it snapped to a halt as if it were a bungee cord. I smashed into dark blue ropelike mesh of Al’s stocking cap as I looked down at her.

            “I, I don’t know who you are, or what you are, but you can’t be Jacen. You’re not my big brother. A bug of man like you can’t be him.” She slammed the door shut and I found myself hanging in darkness.  

           

           

           

Chapter Ten: The Death of my Brother by asukafan2001

Chapter Ten: Death of my brother

 

 

            It was morning before the closet door swung open. Al didn’t even pay me any attention as she sifted through her closet pulling out some sweatpants and t-shirt which I couldn’t really see

I was ready to be resealed in the darkness of my younger sisters closet when her head turned towards me. Her eyes stared at me as I looked helplessly back at her.

            “Al! its me Jacen” I said as she continued to look at me. I watched her hand slowly move towards me. It was wavering up and down as she pushed her index finger against me. I winced in pain as the hat swung back and forth from my sister’s slightest touch.

            “You’re warm” she said as she continued to look at me. I could practically see the thought process working running through her head, struggling to rationalize this.

            “It’s really you, isn’t it?” she sadly said as she looked at me. I hadn’t ever seen my sister look at me like that as she moved her finger across my body.

            “I, I can’t believe all of this. You are so small, what happened? How did this happen.”

            I started to try to tell her but she shook her head and told me that it was hard to hear me. She then moved her head closer to me. I wanted to step backwards but I couldn’t really move well stuck inside her hat.

            “Now speak” Al’s said as her voice rumbled through me. I was terrified to see her this huge, and this close. All I could see was her face, her hair was thick enough to be ropes. It was amazing to see something so big up this close.

            “SPEAK” she said again in a commanding tone. My nose crinkled as her morning breath washed over me. I stammered a little bit and then started telling her the whole thing. I wanted to stop half through but I found myself unable to stop telling her. I found myself still afraid her. Afraid of my little sister.

            When I was done I expected her to be crying or something but she almost had a smile on her face. I was a bit taken aback as she reached into the hat. I shook visibly as her warm hand wrapped around me.

            “You feel so cold, don’t worry. Your little sister will take care of you.” My entire body froze at those words. My little sister will take care of me. She said it like I was some kind of baby, like I couldn’t fend for myself.

            “I don’t need you to take care of me” I snapped back as loudly as I could. Al didn’t even respond. I don’t think she heard me as I felt her move forward. I rocked from side to side in her hand as she took me somewhere. I yelled where are we going but I once again didn’t get a response.

            I felt so small as she clutched me like this. Everywhere I looked I could see only darkness and the outlying shapes of her fingers. The heat radiating around me was incredible. I wanted desperately to say something, but I knew she couldn’t hear me so it was useless to even try.

            Light spilled into her hand as she opened her fist and I saw her moving towards the kitchen. This was the first time I had been out of Al’s room since this ordeal began. I could see my mom in the distance reading the paper. It was a unreal sight. Everything around me was just so big, tables, chairs, counters, appliances, it was a incredible thing to witness, but it  really put everything into perspective for me.

            “Mom, umm I have something to tell you.” Al said.

            My heart was racing as I saw mom lower the paper I saw her giant bloodshot eyes, they were red and puffy. She was almost visibly shaking as she set the paper down and looked at Alyson.

            “Honey, I have something I need to tell you too. Its”

            “This is super important mom hold on.”

            “Alyson please, don’t make this harder then it is.” Mom cut her off and stood up using the table for support and started waking towards Alyson. I felt her fingers close back around me as she neared. It felt like she was squeezing the life out of me.

            “Honey, I got call late last night from the police department. Its Jacen, I’m so sorry honey. Its just, he is, they found him. Its just he is, he is”

            “He is what” said Alyson as she held me tighter then ever. I could hear her near tears as she spoke to my mom.

            “He’s gone honey.” Alyson’s grip on me loosened causing me to grab tightly onto her fingers. I saw my mom getting farther and farther away. I didn’t understand what was going on until I realized it was Alyson moving backwards.

            “Alyson” mom shouted as everything blurred like I hadn’t ever seen it before, the world racing by as the air blew against me like a mighty wind. I could hear my sisters muscle working as she raced up the stairs, her feet pounded against the wood sent shockwaves down my spine. All slammed her door shut and fell onto her bed clutching me tightly as she sobbed into her pillow.

Chapter Eleven: The Day After by asukafan2001
Author's Notes:
Sorry this chapter took longer, I have been busy with work lately then when i did have time this chapter took about five complete rewrites. I'm still not really happy with it, but its time to move on.

Chapter 11: The day after

 

It was late afternoon before Al showed any signs of life. I heard mom come in a few times but nothing seemed to get Al to move. I was miserable. She had me clenched tightly in her fist. The more I struggled the tighter she seemed to hold onto me.

It was evening when everything changed. Al sat up and her grip on me released. I fell onto her bed as she sat up Indian style. She looked down at me inquisitively as she wiped some tears from her eyes.

“Al! listen to me, please. I am not dead. I’m not sure what is going on but you have to believe me. Whoever they have at the police station isn’t me.” She just shook her head as she looked down at me.

“Just one second” Her voice echoed around me, it was still a little unsettling to hear the voice of my sister as loud as it was. I cringed as she reached out towards me and stretched out across her bed. She had her legs propped up in the air as she rested her chin on her hands. I was deposited directly in front of her face.

“Now speak” I had to wince as her voice rang out all around me.

“Al, it’s me Jacen. You have to believe me. This whole thing is a horrible mix up. I need your help. I don’t want to be like this forever.”

“I’m sorry, I mean I know its you, its just I didn’t want to believe that it was you. You hardly look like my big brother. You look like Polly Pockets kid brother.”

I never felt so relieved in my life, I actually felt like progress was being made for the first time since this nightmare started. So far, I had gone from one horrible experience to the next and now I finally have someone on my side.

There was then a knock at the door. Jenni then called Al’s name. In one fluid motion Al grabbed me in her hand and dashed across her room. My insides felt like they were about to shoot out my mouth as everything went from stop to quick motion to all of the sudden Al had came to a screeching halt. I heard a zipping noise and found myself hovering above a gigantic baby blue gym bag. Al loosened drawstrings and dropped me in before I could say a thing.

“Now be quiet till I come get you.”

“Till you come get me? I am not some five year old and why are you hiding me. I want out of this thing right now.”

“Or what?” I watched in horror as Al pulled the drawstrings tightly closed leaving only a small beam of light coming in. I darted across the floor, which was covered by nylon gym shorts. As I neared the wall I lowered my shoulder and slammed into the side of the bag. I hoped that this would cause the gym bag to tumble over but instead I found myself falling backwards onto my back.

“Hey Al, I was..” The voice of my sister Jenni was surrounded me as I tried to yell for help but I already knew that it was hopeless as it appears that my voice has about a 12 inch radius at best when dealing with these giants.

That was the first time I caught myself referring to them as giants, as if they were different from me. The longer I spent like this, the harder I found it to be able to consider myself an equal. I knew that I would have to battle myself in efforts to stop myself from thinking of myself as a lesser person.

The conversation dragged on, and I found it hard to follow as they there voices were so loud. I found myself thinking more about just what Al was doing. Why was she hiding me? However what bothered me more was her action. Each time she has seen me it has been such a different reaction. She feinted the first time, she almost killed me the second time, trapped me in a stocking cap the third time, and now she seems completely at ease with the situation.

“Hey Jacen, you are gonna have to hang out here for a bit, Jenni and I are going uptown to eat. Cya”

“Wait! Don’t just leave me here! Take me with you or something!” I shouted a bit annoyed by the situation.

“Hmmm what was that you always said to me, oh yeah! Hanging out with me is like a ride at the amusement park. You have to be this tall.”

I heard Jenni yell something and then Al disappeared. This whole situation was rotten, but being left behind sucked, what was worse of all was having my own words used against me.

Chapter Twelve: Enter Miranda, Stage Left by asukafan2001
             I remember exactly where I was when I got the phone call. I remember everything about that moment. I remember how still the air felt, I remember exactly what I was thinking. It was stupid; it was about how strong that vanilla scented plug in was. My bratty little cousins were downstairs watching cartoons, I could hear them laughing and running around. My mom was in the kitchen doing the dishes as we had just got done eating curry.

            I was sitting in my dads study trying to write an article for the school paper while trying to keep my mind off the fact that my boyfriend hadn’t called me in three days. He hadn’t even shown up at school and when my mom ran into Jacen’s father at the grocery store. She said he looked worried and his eyes were red. Red like he had been crying.

            Then the house phone rang, I could hear it ringing nearby even though the study has its own phone line. I looked around for a second and saw the cordless lying in the chair opposite the desk. I wasn’t going to get it at first, but I did and I don’t really know why. Maybe it was fate, or chance. It could have just been dumb luck.

            “Hello, Sanchez residents….Jenni? Is that you?” The moment Jenni said my name I knew something was wrong. It was all in the tone of her voice. It was wavering and unsteady. Jenni’s my best friend, we do everything together. We use to tease Jacen when we were younger. He would be playing in the sandbox there backyard and we would always find ways to give him a hard time. One time we got the garden hose out and snuck up behind him. We had the cold icy water on fully blast and Jenni had hose kinked several feet away. I called Jacen’s name, he turned around, and Jenni released the hose. The cold streaming water shot out at him. We covered him in water, and soaked the sandbox.

            There are so many good memories like that, but this time, this wasn’t one of them. I asked Jenni what was wrong and she didn’t say anything for a long time. I really don’t want to talk about it pauses, it was those I don’t know what to say pauses.  She said my name again and my heart racing. I could feel it pounding against my chest. Chelsey my little cousin came running into the room. I turned to her with an icy stare.

            “Get out! Get the F’out!” I yelled and slammed the study door shut behind her. I could hear my mom drop a dish on the floor and come stomping in my direction. It was at that very moment she told me. Jacen’s dead. She said just like that. No lead up, no beating around the bush.

            I didn’t know what to say. My entire body felt weak and I stumbled. I had to grab the wall for support as what felt like a thousand gallons of water were pressing against my eyes that were acting like a dam struggling to hold the waters. The waters rising with each memory of Jacen that crosses through my head until memories overload everything. The dam bursts in all its glory as the study door swings open. I watch my moms face change from anger to confusion.

            My mom keeps saying what’s wrong, what’s wrong while Jenni keeps saying my name over and over again. Miranda, Miranda, Miranda. I couldn’t believe it. Out of all the people I thought could have, or should have, or deserved to die today I never thought one of them would be Jacen. He was too good, to responsible, to nice of a person.

 

            That was three days ago. Three long days ago, I can’t do anything without thinking of him. I can’t even look at myself. Everytime I walk by a mirror I see me. My tan Asian skin, my dark black hair, and I hear Jacen say “Hey Shorty!”. I can’t even get mad at him like I always do when he calls me that. I just wish he was here so I could get mad at him. Punch him, hug him, kiss him. Do all the things I did that I wish I could just do one more time.

            I can’t though, I can’t even cry right now. I have to be strong. I’m here right now with Jenni. We are about to see the body you see. I know that if I cry, if I break down so will she and this is hard enough without all of that going on.

            We both walked into this dank room of the hospital, it looked like it was ripped right from one of those cop drama shows. The room was lined with oversized drawers. The attendant pulled the furthest drawer open and said he would be outside. We both waited for him to leave before we neared Jacen’s body. I didn’t know how I was going to react but I knew I couldn’t cry.

            My breathing started to become erratic as we neared. I was standing right over him now, only a thin white sheet separated me from him. Jenni and I looked at each other and nodded. She said, her parents told her that he is burned badly. They still don’t’ know how or why.

            Jenni pulled the sheet back and we both gazed down at the disfigured body. Jenni immediately started crying but I just stared at the body. I couldn’t peel my eyes off it. I looked up and down the body. My eyes probing it carefully, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

            “Jenni” I said with a trembling voice. “It’s gonna be alright, because this isn’t Jacen.”

Chapter Thirteen: Waiting by asukafan2001
            I was lying on the floor; the cool air filled my lungs for but a moment before I exhaled staring blankly into the darkness. I look up at the ceiling, and could only see a small hole maybe a foot in length to me, but in reality, it is probably only an inch, maybe two.

            I scanned the darkened world for what felt like the millionth time. I just kept looking out at the darkness, hoping something would change, and a way out would appear. Nothing changed, nothing at all. To the left of me, a giant wooden rod with black spikes sticking up into the air. If I fell from the top of this bag all the way to bottom landing one of those spikes, they would impale me and I would die instantly. That wooden rod, those black spikes are nothing but hair a hairbrush.

            A simple brush I have seen my little sister use a hundred times. I have seen her push open the metal doors at the gym, her walking out with this bag that I am trapped in slung over her shoulder.  She casually walked towards me as she runs the brush through her hair repeatedly. I have seen this brush perhaps a thousand times. The strong thick wooden wood handle, with a cherry oak finish, black plastic rods sticking up with little pink-coated balls on the end of each black plastic rod.

            Now when I look at this brush its huge, its bigger, longer, and heavier then me. This thing could kill me. It could impale me, it could crush me. There are so many ways this simple stupid brush of my little sister could harm me.

            Just next to that, brush is a balled up pair of her socks. You never pay attention to socks until you find yourself looking at some bigger then you, trapped in a bag the size of a building.

            I couldn’t believe this was happening, getting Al’s attention was suppose to end all of this. I was supposed to be rushed to the waiting arms of my family and yet here I am. Forced to wait on my little sister. I have made her wait on me so many times. It’s probably only fitting that I wait for her. I remember mom and dad always making me pick her and her stupid friends up at the mall. I would have to go out of my way with my friends to get my little sister and her little friends. It was so embarrassing. She would always ask so where are we going. She would ask as if she expected she could come with.

            I never let her tag along with me. I never let her hang out with my friends, or even let her into my world. Now, now just a few hours ago, I for the first time begged to go with my little sister. I wanted to tag along with her. I didn’t feel anything at the time, but now, I feel embarrassed and upset. Upset that I am stuck in this situation and embarrassed I now have to beg my little sister for help. I’m a grown man, I am a adult. I can vote, I can get people to buy me beer. I don’t have a nine o’clock curfew like my little sister.

            The floor started to rumble, I recognized that rumble immediately. It was Al. I heard the door squeak as it opened up and then slammed shut. I stood straight up and stared at the opening at the top of the bag. I expected her to come right over to the bag and let me out. The minutes ticked by and I heard her bedsprings squeak a little. I still was standing straight up staring at the opening of this gym bag. Time ticked by like I was watching paint try. A moment seemed like an hour, a minute like a day. I then heard a low rumble; it wasn’t the floor this time though. It was in the air. It was like an electronic beat. Then I heard my sister belt out I’m bringing sexy back.

            My blood boiled as the Justin Timberlake lyrics swirled around me. I yelled Al’s name, but nothing happened. I heard her computer chair depress and creek a little followed by the ding of an instant message program. It went off several times before I felt the ground shake a shadow cover the opening of the bag. I gulped as I looked up and through the small hole at the face my little sister.

            “Hey Jace! Did you miss me?” As upset and angry as I was, it all spilled out of me faster then milk from an overturned glass. My anger was replaced with fear and intimidation. I didn’t even realize I was backing up until I felt my back press against her balled up sock.

            I didn’t know what to say, and it didn’t matter as she couldn’t hear me anyway. I couldn’t help but look up at this giant in complete awe. It was unreal how big she is.

            “Jenni and I went to the greatest restaurant, they had seafood galore. All kinds from anywhere you could think of. I ate so much. Are you hungry?”

            I couldn’t even reply as I watched the giant open up the bag with a slight move of the wrist. It was incredible, I couldn’t even put a dent in the bag, and she just opens up the bag like its nothing.

            I couldn’t even get another thought out before I felt her hand around me, I looked around stunned at first. I wondered for a moment if I would ever get use to the speed of these giants when I realized I was doing it again. They aren’t giants, she isn’t giant. She is my just my little sister.

            Before I knew it I was out of the bag and we were halfway across the room. The warmth radiating from Al’s hand felt good, as my body shivered as her hand quickly warmed me up. I was just starting to feel warm when her hand opened up and I found myself rolling the across the length of my sister’s hand and onto the cold wooden desktop.

            “Sorry” Al giggled as she looked down at me picking myself up from my abrupt landing.

            “So are you hungry? Just nod if you are as I don’t want to bother turning my music down. I like this song, and Justin is soooo cute.”

            I meekly nodded in disgust as I watched my sister bounce around humming along with the song. I felt so small and weak. A simple CD player can drown me out.

            “So like I was saying, we went to this great seafood restaurant. I didn’t forget about you. I snuck you some food.”

            I watched her stand up and dig into her pants pocket, before I could react something was falling down towards me. I covered my head with my hands as I heard a thud land beside me.

            “You looked sooo scared. Whose the scaredy cat now huh?” she teased

            “Very funny, HA HA HA. Your such a pain” I muttered as I looked up at her for a moment before turning around to see what gift she had bestowed upon me.

            “I didn’t know what to get you, so I figured I’d go with something small. I hope you like shrimp, shrimp!”

            It was at that moment Alyson’s door swung open. I saw what looked to be salvation standing in the doorway. It was my twin sister Jenni. I knew she would help me.

            “Jenni!! JENNI!!!” I screamed waving my arms.

            “Mom wants you.” Jenni said.

            “Okay, what does she want?”

            “I don’t know. Just go down and see. Don’t give her a hard time either. Just remember what we talked about.”

            “Okay, okay” Alyson muttered as she stood up and headed out of the room.

            “No Jenni, don’t leave, I’m here! Right here. For godsakes!! JENNI!!”

           

           

           

 

 

           

Chapter Fourteen: “Prove yourself faithful with the little things so that you may be granted greater.” by asukafan2001
***Miranda***

“What do you mean this isn’t Jacen? I know it’s hard to take in Miranda but Jacen’s dead. Nothing is going to change that. You have to accept that he is gone. I realize you haven’t had as much time as I have with this and I am sorry for that. I should have told you sooner. I just didn’t know what to do.” Cried Jenni

“I know this isn’t my Jacen. Look at his eyes Jenni! Those aren’t Jacen’s eyes. How many times have you seen him without his contacts in? NEVER! Jacen’s contacts make his eyes look a deep brown color.” Miranda yelled as she watched Jenni back away from the body.

“Calm down Miranda. This is a difficult time for everyone. Why don’t we get some coffee.” Jenni calmly stated as she guided Miranda towards the door.

“Your right, I mean your parents identified him, the cops identified him.It’s probably just in my head you know, looking for some reason to prove that this isn’t Jacen.”

That night, I felt horrible. I couldn’t get the images of Jacen out of my head. I tried so hard to think about other things but my mind always went back to that body. It just didn’t seem like Jacen to me. What Jenni said is probably right but a part of me can’t help but think that she is wrong. It just doesn’t match up.

I finally couldn’t stand it any longer. I threw on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt and headed out towards my blue Honda accord. I pushed the key into the ignition and sat there staring at myself in the rearview mirror. I was a wreck. My black hair was all over the place, my eyes were red, I just looked horrible and for the first time I didn’t care. I hadn’t ever lost anyone before. I guess this is what it’s like.

 

***Alyson*** 

 

I slowly walked downstairs. I wasn’t looking forward to whatever mom was going to say. I was positive that it would only make me feel even more guilty then I already do. I don’t know if I will ever be able to look my mom square in the face again.

My dissention into the dark world begun a several hours before Jacen’s fateful accident, I had gotten up that morning as I did every morning, which was forcibly against my will. I trudged sleepily downstairs. I didn’t even bother to change out of my sleepwear that morning. It was just some blue old navy shorts and a white Kermit the frog t-shirt.

As I entered the Kitchen Jacen was already there at the bar eating some cereal.

“Hey Al, watch your step.” Jacen laughed as he stuck his leg out causing me to trip.

“Jerk! You are gonna get it one of these days Jace. You will be on the wrong end of a prank one of these days meanie.” I shouted as I stood back up walked over to the pantry to get my cereal.

As soon as I opened up the pantry I saw a big empty spot where my cereal should have been. I stomped my foot marched over to the table.

“You ate my Lucky Charms!”

“Correction, I’m eating your Lucky Charms. I didn’t realize you were almost out. Don’t worry, I saved you the toy.” Jacen laughed tossing a small action figure towards me.

“I stopped collecting those years ago! You don’t even like Lucky Charms.” I shouted as I made a grab for the bowl but he pulled it away at the last moment with one hand while pushing me away with the other.
“I’m just trying to get into the skin of my little sister to better understand how she can be such a monster.”

“I’m not a monster! You stupid Jock wannabe.”

I knew he was just trying to get under my skin but I couldn’t help arguing back. Jacen always gives me hard a time, and teases me, especially in front of my friends. I just wanted to get him back. Cut him down size.

I never planned for anything like this to actually happen. I was just talking to a couple of girls in my class about my stupid brother and they were saying how I needed to prank him back so that he would view me as an equal.

I really didn’t think it would work but I figured if nothing else it would give me a little vengeance for what happened this morning.

I asked around during lunch some good ways to prank my older brother but no one had anything good. No one accept the new girl. She told me how she got even with her brother. She put some of this stuff in his milk at the dinner table and it turned his skin a deep blue for about a day.

I laughed a bit at the thought of Jacen having to walk around all day with blue skin and everyone asking what happened to you and then he’d have to give me some respect.

So after school I went back to the new girls house and she gave me the stuff she used on her brother. As soon as I got it in my hands I felt giddy. I just wanted to rush home and put Jacen in his place for once.

So that night I put the stuff in Jacen’s glass. He was drinking soda that night but I really didn’t think it would matter. I stared at him during the whole dinner. Every time he took a drink I had to stifle a laugh.

After dinner I went up to my room and closed the door. I just sat in my bed listening to some music waiting for the action to start. I kept picturing Jacen running down the stairs screaming with his colored skin. For the first time I was going to have the last laugh.

I waited for what seemed like hours, and nothing happened. At the time I couldn’t figure out why it hadn’t worked. Then that morning I figured it must have worked and Jacen was to embarrassed to show off his pretty new skin.

I was wrong though. It never changed the color of his skin. It did something much worse. I couldn’t and still can’t believe what it did to him. I just don’t know what to do. I have cause so much trouble. My family thinks he is dead, and they are all sad. My brother is shrunk to the size of a small doll and I have royally screwed up his life.

I kept hoping that maybe if I just pretended it wasn’t him it would go away. But I just end up feeling more and more guilty. I guess its time I fess up

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter Fifteen: Finding your own way by asukafan2001
Author's Notes:

After re-reading the last chapter I found a HTP was right. Reading it from an outside perspective the character shifts were a bit confusing. I decided to create little headers when I shift character perspectives. It may not be super professional, but then again, im no J.K. Rowling as much as i wish i were. 

 Anyway, hopefully this will make it easier. I fixed the last chapter as well, but i will wait until i finish the story to go back and add the little shift points in the other chapters as i haven't had many until lately.

 

***Jacen***

 

The sound of Justin Timberlake continued to swirl about Al’s bedroom. All I could hear was the constant pounding of the bass. It was almost as if I was in a nightclub.

I sat down next to the piece of shrimp. My mouth was watering as I looked down at the small piece of shrimp. I stared at it for a few moments unsure of exactly how to eat it. It was huge. It looked more like a twenty-pound thanksgiving turkey then a simple piece of shrimp.

I looked for a way to delicately eat this but I finally gave in. I leaned over the piece of shrimp and lowered my head towards it. I opened up my mouth as wide as I could and bit down onto the piece of shrimp. My jaw sunk a bit into the breading and then slid along the outside of the shrimp. I pulled a way in disgust before I tried to bite into the shrimp again. My stomach was now grumbling and my mouth continued to water but my jaw couldn’t penetrate the tough outer layer of the piece of shrimp.

“Just fan-freakin’-tastic” I muttered as I looked down at the breaded piece of shrimp.

“I’m never going to hear the end of this from her. I have to find a way to break through that outer layer.” I said to myself as I stood up and started to walk around the piece of shrimp.

I couldn’t believe how much my life had changed. A few days ago I never would have imagined I’d be eating some scrap of food my little sister left for me, not only that, she had the thing stuffed into her pocket. I wondered for a bit if this is how my life will be like. Will I be a parasite to my little sister, unable to get food or to survive without her help?

I pushed the horrifying thought out of my head as an idea crossed through my mind. When Jenni and I were younger we would break open coconuts by picking them up and dropping them on the ground. A similar approach may solve my shrimp problem.

I took a deep breath and bent down. I wrapped my hands around the piece of shrimp and heaved it up over my head. It was quite awkward to hold. I swayed back and forth a bit before I tossed it forward.

I eagerly watched it fly about an inch and then hit the desk. It continued to slide across the desk and finally coming to a rest next to Al’s retainer.

I cringed as I took a few steps towards the clear plastic retainer. A perfect modeling of my little sister’s teeth, it looked quite menacing as I approached it. I could just picture her teeth easily biting through this. This piece of shrimp is nothing to her. I have seen Al pop two or three of these things in her mouth at one time. Now this shrimp is bigger then my head.

As I neared the piece of shrimp I spied a small break in the piece of shrimp. I hadn’t noticed it before because it was on the bottom. It must have gotten slightly mashed inside Al’s pocket. I ran towards the shrimp now and fell to my knees. I dug my hands in between the small break and pulled the shrimp apart. A smile crossed my face as I leaned over the shrimp and now easily bit into soft inside of the shrimp. My tongue happily danced as the shrimp past over each taste bud. I hadn’t ever tasted anything so good in my life. I took a couple more bite and found myself quite full for the first time since this ordeal began.

I took a few steps away from the shrimp plopped back down onto the desk. I looked around at the piles of stuff on this desk. Clothes, books, and all kinds of junk were piled on here. There was hardly a clear place on this dresser. I then looked across the huge room. I couldn’t believe I ever thought this room to be small.

I wonder if this is going to be my home now? Will I spend the rest of my life in Al's bedroom? God, to think I may have to call this sty home? There has to be a way out of this.

 

***Alyson***

As my mom talked to me, I kept trying to tell her. I wanted to just scream out I shrunk Jacen and its all my fault that he is gone. All the pain and misery you have felt is because of me. I just couldn’t bring myself to her. I didn’t want her to think less of me, or stop loving me. How could she possibly forgive me?

“honey? Are you listening to what I’m saying?”

“Oh of course mom. I know things will be different while we all adjust. I’m not a kid anymore. You don’t have to baby me.”

“I know its just you will always be my little girl.”

“Can I go to my room. I just want to be alone for a bit. I have to go back to school tomorrow right?”

“Yeah, I think its best if we all go back to our normal routines.”

“Your probably right.”

I started to head back up stairs. I felt bad for not saying anything. I just couldn’t find the words to tell her how badly I messed up.

I was just about to the top of the stairs when a idea popped into my head. I wouldn’t have to tell anyone if I can fix this. I just have convince Jacen that its best if we not tell anyone for a bit. I can talk to the new girl and maybe there is some kind of reversal process for this.

“You are a genius Alyson.”

Chapter Sixteen: One step forward, two steps back by asukafan2001

Chapter Sixteen

 

***Jacen***

 

            I watched Al walk back into the room. It was intimidating seeing her stroll in so causally and close the door. I shook in fear as she neared me. She was just so big. I kept getting the urge to go run and hide. I had to keep telling myself that she is just my little sister. However, as each moment past since then began I was starting to realize that it was no longer holding true. Al may never be just my little sister again.

            “Hey Jace, mom sure is worried about you. She was giving me quite the talk.” Al said as she sat down at her desk. The sound of chair squeaking sent shivers down my spine. All I could think about was being caught on that chair and Al not seeing me. The thought of being snuffed out by little sister in such a way made me sick.

            “I was thinking, we should probably keep you a secret. Mom and Dad are not themselves right now. Your death, well supposed death hit them hard Jacen.”

            “So what am I suppose to do Al? I am not gonna hang out in your room. I’m not like what your pets you can keep in a cage.” I shouted while stomping my foot defiantly.

            “You look so funny. What are you gonna do? Forbid me? Or is my big brother gonna put me in my place?”

            As soon as I spoke, I realized I had said too much, especially as Al pushed her chair in closer to the desk. What really got to me was the way she emphasized big brother and forbid. It really made my blood boil. She was daring me, taunting me, reminding me of where I stood in her eyes.

            “Al, be reasonable. I don’t want to be like this forever.”

            “Well, I suppose I could help you, but you have to agree to stay out of sight. You can’t show yourself to anyone. Not Jenni, not mom, not dad, but most of all you have to do what I say.” I watched in horror as Al leaned back in her chair and rose her foot up onto the desk. The impact of her foot setting down on the desk sent me tumbling down to the ground.

            I patted myself down checking for injuries. As begun to pick myself up when I noticed a change in my environment. Al’s massive foot dominated the only open spot on the desk. I stumbled backwards as I watched her foot twitch to and fro in beat with the music.

            My eyes locked on to the underside of her sock. It was a dingy grey and I could bits and pieces of god only knows what crushed into the bottom of her sock. I can only assume from walking across her floor, images of me mashed into the bottom of her sock started popping into my head.

            “Okay, let’s do this together.” I said. I didn’t like it but I knew I had no choice. I don’t hold any cards right now.

            “This will be fun. I know someone at school who might be able to help. She seems to be up on odd things like this.”

            “Oh I am sure your little friend will have all the answers. She probably knows all about shrinking people.”

            “Oh the new girl knows more then you think Jace.” It was then I heard my mothers voice yell get to bed. My sister groaned as she looked down at me.

            “Well I guess you better to bed, its almost 11. You better call mom to tuck you in.” I teased as all moved her foot off the desk.

            “I don’t see what you think is so funny. Your going to bed too!”

            “What? I’m a adult. I don’t have a baby bedtime like you.” As soon as the words left my mouth Al’s head turned darted towards me. Her eyes beat down on me with a icy stare. It was similar to the look my mom would always give me when I was a boy.  It scared the shit out of my then, but now, now I felt absolute fear grip me. I shook as Al looked begun to bend down towards me.

            “How could she not hear a god damn thing I say since this ordeal started, and now when I make fun of her, her hearing is perfect.” I mumble to myself as her face is now level with me. I can feel her warm breath wash over me as a grin crosses her face.

            I was about to apologize when her fingers started closing around me. I still couldn’t get over the speed that she could move at. I barely got a chance to blink before her fist was all around me.

            Everything was a blur as Al walked towards her bed. I tried to plead with her but either she didn’t care or couldn’t hear me. The bed springs squeaked underneath Al’s weight.

            “So Jace, do you remember Henry? I’m sure you do. You tease me about him all the time, everything from look at the baby with her stuffed animal, to taking and hiding him from me.”

            As I looked up at my giant little sister I found myself wishing I could take some of the times I teased her. I always took great pleasure in taking Henry her stuffed Kangaroo. She has had it since she was a baby. So it has a degree of sentimental value but I never cared about that. I just saw it as a way to give her a hard time.

            “In you go Jace” Al said as she griped the pouch of the stuffed kangaroo. I immediately knew what she had in mind. I screamed as I found myself lowering towards the open pouch at blazing speed.

            I felt Al’s warm hand release its hold on me and the cold air begun to sweep past me. I reached out instinctively trying to stop my progress but there was nothing to hold on too. I only fell faster and faster. I found myself screaming bloody murder as I fell faster and faster. Then I smashed against a firm yet soft wall and slid down the hall. I tried to grasp the fur of the stuffed animal but I was sliding to fast.

            “No, nooooo” I screamed as I watched Al let go out of the pouch and a furry wall slam against my chest halting my descent immediately. I tried to move my arms or legs but I was snuggly held in place.

            “Al! get me out here! Get me out of here right now.” I yelled up to her.

            “All I can hear is little squeakings, You must be saying thank you Al for this nice warm bed. I will be right back I have to go change.”

            “Get back here!!” I screamed as my blood continued to boil. I desperately tried to free my arms to pull myself out but I had been completely immobilized as I watched my sister disappear into her closet.

            A few minutes later I saw Al reappear wearing some plaid pajama pants and one of her school t-shirts.

            “Al get me out of here” I pleaded as she crawled into bed as the door to her room swung open and I saw my mom walking towards her.

            My eyes lit up with glee as my mom neared and bent over AL.

            “Mom!! MOM I’m right here” I cried as her head got closer and closer. I continued screaming for help as I watched my mom kiss Al good night. It was at that moment I watched Al’s arm swoop towards me as they swept around me and Henry the kangaroo as she pulled it towards her chest as mom pulled the covers over Al.

            “I know this is has been tough for you honey. I know you and your brother had a special relationship. I could tell as much as you two always teased each other you were so close. It’s gonna get easier baby.”

            I watched as Al’s arm pressed against my upper chest as she pressed me and Henry tightly against her chest. I could only watch from my humiliating position as my mom left without a clue of how close she had been to me. I never felt more pain then I had right now.

            “Goodnight Little Jace”

 

***Alyson***

 

            I couldn’t believe how fitting everything was. I felt so empowered as I looked down at Jacen trapped in the front pouch of Henry my Kangaroo. However, when my mom came in to tuck me in just like she use too when I was a little girl and had no idea Jacen was right there. I felt a tingle of excitement.

            I ran my finger over jacen, ruffling his hair once before I rolled over and went to sleep.

 

 

Chapter Seventeen: There is no try, only do or do not! by asukafan2001

Chapter 17

 

 

 

***Jacen***

 

            I awoke in complete darkness, unable to move. I started to panic immediately forgetting the situation that I was in. I struggled to move my limbs for a frantic few minutes before everything came rushing back to me, the images of being thrust into something as pitiful as a stuffed animal.

            As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I found myself staring directly into Al’s t-shirt. I looked from left to right hoping there was some way I could get out but it was hopeless. I was a prisoner until this giant felt otherwise.

            I still found it odd to think of Al as my sister. She is just so large. It’s unsettling to think that I use to be bigger then her. That I could lord over her with an iron fist. I couldn’t imagine taking away something of hers now and holding it above her head making her jump for it like a dog jumping for a treat.

            My thoughts were interrupted but an electronic wailing. A monstrous grunt echoed across the room and I felt everything shake and jumble around. A few shards of light started to make there way in as I heard a loud slam from the slapping Al’s hand against her alarm clock.

            “AL” I screamed as she started to sit up in bed, her iron grip on Henry the Kangaroo begin to lessen allowing a few inches of separation between her body and my kangaroo prison.

            I screamed Al’s name again as she stood up. I begun to realize what was about to happen, but I noticed it much too late and there was nothing I could do about it. Al released the hold she had on her stuffed kangaroo Henry.  Henry and I started tumbling end over end towards her unmade bed. The G-forces from the fall pressed me firmly into the stomach of the stuffed kangaroo. It is not until the kangaroo smashed into the bed I felt the forces of gravity subside.

            “Al! Get me out here! Get me out of here right now or you’re gonna be in a world of pain.” I screamed towards her not even thinking about my current predicament.

            My voice was easily drowned out by Al’s yawning as she walked out the room. I tried flailing my limbs hoping that my situation had somehow changed but nothing had. I laid there on Al’s bed staring up at the ceiling hearing the sounds of the water from the bathroom running and giants rushing back and forth down the hallway as they readied for there day.

            I finally heard Al enter her room. I could hear her walking about, but I couldn’t see her. I yelled futilely a few times but my voice was just too weak for her to hear. Sounds of her combing her hair and then a hair dryer interrupt the silence of the room. I can feel my anger level rise as each moment passed by. I wanted to jump out of this confounded pouch of this stupid kangaroo and wring Al’s little neck for leaving me like this.

            I finally hear her start to walk towards her bed. Slowly I see Al come into my field of vision. At first, I just see the top of her head, and then her golden blonde hair bouncing back and forth, as she walks towards the bed. I finally spot her blue eyes staring down towards me. I gulp slightly as a feeling of trepidation creeped into me. My heartbeat started to quicken as my muscles tensed.

            “Hey Jace, did you sleep well? I have a question for you. Which one do you think smells better?” Try as I might I can’t seem to get out of the way before a perfume bottle larger then me is lowered toward me.

            “Wait stop! Al..AL!!!” I scream with a terrified look spread across my face. My eyes lock onto the opening on the perfume bottle. I gulp as Al depressed the top of the bottle and scented rain fell down on me. The smell was horrendous as I struggled to move, but I still can’t seem to free myself from this hell..

            I can hardly believe she put that stuff on her. This has to be one of the worst smelling things I have ever come across in my life.

            “Do you remember the scent? This is the stuff you use to make fun of me for wearing. I believe you refer to it as Le-stench. I had to save up a lot of money for this stuff Jace. It hurt my feelings when you ripped it apart like that.” Al said as she blasted me with another squirt from the bottle.

            Words escaped me as I looked up at her. I wanted to apologize, as my thoughts of anger were already nothing but a memory as I stare up at this giant.

            “You smell so good now. I might have to give you a dusting of this every morning. Anyway, I will ask that new girl I was telling you about last night and see what she knows and pop over to the library and see if I can find anything about your little problem.”

            “Alright, I still don’t see what this girl at school is going to know. It’s not like she some shrinking professional.”

            “You’re so silly, you know I can’t possibly hear you when I’m standing up and you’re ALL the way DOWN THERE.”

            I felt so small as the giant, I mean my little sister looked down at me. She smiled a bit and stuck out her tongue at me before she sat down and lowered her face near me.

            “was that really necessary.” I shout as loud as I could.

            “Of course it is. So anyway, did you sleep well? You look pretty comfortable, but do you need your little kid sister to help you out of her baby toy?”

            I felt so demoralized as Al used my own words against me. Each word was like a stab in the heart. I can remember so clearly mocking her with those very words and now here I am at the other end.

            “Yes” I mumble.

            “What? I couldn’t hear you. It sounded like no you can get yourself out.”

            “Yes I need your help.” I shout as loud as I can.

            “I still didn’t quite catch that. It sounded like you might have said yes, but it’s hard to tell. Your voice is just so soft.”

I knew she wasn’t going to let me out of this easily. I didn’t want to say the words but I knew I was going to have too. As I wasn’t going to let her leave me like this for a moment a longer.

            “Yes, I need my little kid sisters help out of her baby toy because I can’t get myself out.” I hadn’t ever felt so humiliated in my life as I looked up at her waiting for help.

            What made the whole process more demoralizing was the fact Al plucked me out with ease. It was nothing for her to get me out and if I had to get myself out, I would have died of starvation and dehydration.

            As her hand enveloped around me, I felt a warmth wrap around me. It felt good as I lay on her hand. Part of me wished I could lie here all day. I pushed those thoughts out of my head right away as I felt myself lifted up to her face.

            “So where do you want me to leave you?” Al asked as she looked at me with a rather impatient look on her face.

            “What do you mean leave me? I’m going with you. We are going to find a way to reverse this remember?”

            “Oh of course we are, but that doesn’t mean you are coming to school with me. I’m not gonna let my little brother hang out with me. You’d cramp my style kid.” Al said in her best imitation of me.

            “Al! I’m not going to sit around your sty of a room all day waiting for you to come home like some puppy dog.”

            “Of course you are, now pick a spot or I will pick one for you. Remember, part of me helping you out was you doing what I say. So you better start doing. I don’t think you could last too long around the house without me.”

            “Just put me down on the desk.” I sighed in a defeated tone.

            “Don’t sound so sad. When your little taller, maybe you can come with.” Giggled Al as tips her hand forcing me to slide out of her hand.

            “I will bring you back some breakfast,” Al says before she ran out of the room.

            I wait a few moments to make sure Al didn’t come back. As soon as I heard her bound down the stairs a smile crept across my face as I looked at her uniform draped over the back of the chair.

            I rushed over to the far end over desk towards the discarded sock I had seen earlier. As I grab the toe end of the sock, I start to regret it right away as a wave of funk wafts towards me.

            “She needs to clean this place, but for once Al’s messy nature is going to help me.” I say to myself as I start pulling at the sock. It’s slow going but after about fifteen minutes I have the sock pulled right in front of the chair. I pushed it towards the edge of the desk and watched it fall into a pile on the computer chair.

            I gulped as I saw how far down it really was. I started to wonder if this is a good idea when I think about if I really want to be like this forever.

            “Here goes nothing,” I shout as I leap over the edge. I quickly crash into her sock. I lay there for a few moments stunned that I survived. As soon as I realize that I’m okay I quickly scamper away from her funky sock. I take a few steps and stare up at her dark blue jacket of her uniform. I take a deep breath, grab onto the plaid skirt, and start to pull myself up.

            I continually grabbed handful after handful of plaid as I pull myself towards her jacket. I find myself staring straight at the plaid skirt as not too look down, but my thoughts start to drift towards the lunacy of this situation. Here I am, not only climbing a giant skirt, I am doing so that I can sneak into school. Who sneaks into school?

            As I reach the jacket pocket, I look down into the pocket and wonder if this is such a good idea. I let go of the material before I can second guess myself and tumble into my sister’s jacket pocket.

            I lie there for several minutes before I hear her walk into the room calling my name. Everything shook slightly as Al walked by and called for me again.

            “Oh are you pouting cause you can’t come with? Well here is a piece of muffin if you’re hungry. I’m just gonna leave it on the desk. I will see at the muffin around five.”

            I hear my sister’s pajama’s fall the floor and her fling on the uniform. My heart was racing as I hear her readying herself. She finally grabs the jacket that I am in. I am flung against the wall of the jacket as she slips it on.

            I look up in horror as my sister’s Ipod is hovering above the pocket. I cringe and dive onto the floor as she drops into her pocket

            “Cya Jace” I hear Alyson bellow as she slips her ear buds on.

           

 

Chapter Eighteen: Discovering the Truth by asukafan2001
Author's Notes:

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out. Real life has a way of catching up to you. Anyway, without further ado, here is Chapter Eighteen. I will try to get back to the pace i was at of a chapter or two a week.

 I would also like to thank everyone who has taken the time to comment on this story. I very much appreciate it and is probably the only reason why I am coming back to finish it after getting caught back up in my life.

                                                 ****Jacen****

 

                I crawl out from behind Al’s IPod. I stare up at it in a bit of awe. It’s just a simple IPod nano, but it looks simply enormous in comparison to me. I run my hands along the sleek machine and wonder if I will ever regain my old stature?

                “Bye Mom” Al shouted as she leapt down the stoop and ran across the yard.

                Al’s voice rumbled around me causing me to cover my ears as she flung the door open. I was starting to question my decision to sneak along when I felt Al leap into the air. Everything shook feverishly as she landed on the ground and took off running.  Al’s IPod tumbled towards me. I struggled to get to my feet grabbing fistfuls of fabric as I force myself up just as the IPod hits the floor behind me. I slink back down resting against the giant machine and look at the display. The name Ashley Tisdale scrolls across the LCD screen.

                I started to get use to fast paced rocking motion as Al ran to school. It wasn’t until I started to hear the thundering voices of godlike people everywhere that I discovered we were are at school. I felt a wave of relief as Al finally stopped moving. I figured now seemed like as good a time as any to get her attention as now that she was at school she wasn’t going to walk the three blocks back home to drop me off.

                I used the IPod for balance as I climbed the pocket. As I reached the rim of the pocket I was out of breath and gasping for air. I flung my arms over the edge and found myself looking straight into a locker. The inside door was plastered with celebrities and pictures of my sister’s friends.

                “Hey Al” I yell but I realize she still has the ear buds in. She is never going to hear me. I think to myself as I kick myself for not waiting a bit longer. It’s then I hear a loud yet familiar voice. I cringe as Al turns and I see my sister’s best friend bounding towards her. They immediately embrace. The impact is like a car accident. I hurdle through the air for a few moments and then I smash into a warm wall falling unconscious.

 

 

****Miranda****

 

                I pulled into the driveway of Jacen’s house. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. I was only halfway to the door when it opened up and I saw Jacen’s mom standing on in the doorway. She smiled at me and waved me.

                “Miranda, it’s so good to see you.”

                “Likewise” I reply as I am ushered inside as I drop my purse down on the inside wall as I have done a million times before. We talked at the kitchen table for a bit about this and that.  I could tell she was taking the Jacen situation about as well as I was.

                “I was wondering if it would be all right if I could go up to his room. I am kind of hoping it will help give me some closure you know. This is all just so hard.”

                “I understand. You don’t even need to ask. Take as much time as you like.”

 

                I excuse myself and trudge upstairs. I felt bad for lying to Jacen’s mother but when I discovered what really happened it would all be forgiven. Even knowing that, it didn’t make me feel any better. As lying was something I was never good at, especially when I am in pressure situations like this.

                I push the door open and tears come rushing down my face as memories pass through me. I walk towards Jacen’s desk and practically fall into the chair as I grab at a Kleenex.  As soon as I composed myself I started looking through the desk drawers. I needed some clue on where he would have gone.

                No matter where I looked I wasn’t finding anything until I sat down on Jacen’s bed. As soon as I sat down I felt something under me and stood back up and pulled what felt like his laptop free.  I unfolded the laptop and all around the edges I found a bluish substance. It had crystallized like nothing I had ever seen before. I was a little afraid to touch it, so I scraped some into an empty pill box Jacen had lying on his desk.

                This definitely wasn’t much but right now it was the only clue I had going for me. It looks like my next stop is going to be the science center on campus. If anyone can tell me what this stuff does it has to be them.

                I bounded down the stairs with a smile on my face for the first time in a while. I knew I was one step closer to finding where Jacen went and now, I was extremely curious on how this blue stuff fit into the whole equation.

 

Chapter Nineteen: Choices by asukafan2001

****Jacen****

I awoke to the sound of my sister’s voice. It was rumbling all around me. I looked from left to right and panicked flailing my limbs at the sight of the walls so close to me. A few moments later the realization came to me. I was in my sister’s pocket. I remember climbing to the rim of her pocket to get her attention. That is when her best friend Emma came bounding towards Al.

I steadied myself as I once again looked up towards the top of the pocket, sighing loudly as I looked for Al’s IPod as a base to steady myself on my ascent out of this pocket. I ran down the narrow walkway towards where the IPod must have shifted too, but it was nowhere to be found.  Al must have put it in her locker or something. I could have sworn she kept it in her pocket so she could use it during class. I looked up at the rim of the pocket and knew this was going to be a much more difficult climb.

I walked along the narrow walkway of Al’s pocket looking for a fold in the pocket which would hopefully create some kind of ridge to make the climb easier, but I wasn’t having any luck. It wasn’t until I came to the end of the pocket and saw the stitching of the pocket to the coat that I saw my chance, at my size I could use the stitching like pseudo rope to climb to the rim of the pocket. I looked back at the long narrow shaft which made up Al’s pocket and knew that this was going to be my only chance.

I grasped onto the threading and used the walls of the coat and pocket that came together as a base as I shimmied up the pocket. I found the climb to be very slow going in comparison to when I was able to use the IPod.  What gave me hope though was that Al, Emma and god only knows who else, were still talking. I knew if I could get out of this pocket before her first class I would have a chance, but it would be next to impossible to get her attention in the middle of the class.

As I continued to work my way out of the prison I put myself into I could hear their voices getting louder and louder. It just wasn’t Al’s voice now; it was the voice of her friends, and her classmates, and teachers all swarming about the hallways. My tiny ears felt as if they were being assaulted from every direction. It took all my strength to continue to climb out of this pocket.

I could now see the edge of the pocket clearly. I was only a few feet from reaching the rim of the pocket when the bell blared across the hallway.  The bell silenced all for a moment as I heard lockers slam and now footsteps were everywhere. I heard Al’s say something but I couldn’t make out what it was. Then a moment later I felt us on the move. The initial lurch forward almost sent me reeling back to the floor of the pocket. I managed to hang on by luck, and luck alone.

As Al moved down the hallway I found myself unable to climb, her every movement would create new folds and indentations in the fabric of the pocket while others would disappear in unpredictable patterns. I would find myself being beaten and bruised by the rough material that made up the coat of Al’s uniform. The noise in the hallway began to dissipate and I could feel Al’s pace quickening. I tried calling for her once but my voice seemed to just be swallowed whole by the vastness of the world.  Then all motion seemed to stop and I heard fewer voices then before.

Since the motion had stopped I continued my climb to the rim of pocket. I knew contacting Al would be much harder now, if not impossible without drawing attention to me from the entire class. As once class begin no one would be talking except for the teacher and the last thing I would want would be 30 sets of eyes staring at me.

I finally felt my hand reach out into the fresh open air and grasp the rim of the pocket. I breathed a slight sigh of relief as I pulled myself up and looked over the rim of the pocket, while digging my feet into Al’s body. I turned my head and looked up at Al hoping that by some odd chance she would be looking down in my direction but instead I got the shock of my life. I found myself looking up at Emma Waitland, Al’s best friend. A look of horror and fear spread across my face. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The long wavy blonde locks of hair cascading over the seemingly broad shoulders, the tan skin, it all belonged to Emma.

I desperately tried to think back to how this could have happened. It just didn’t make sense until I remembered the hug. When I flew back into Al’s body I must have ricocheted off of Al and into Emma’s pocket. I started to scan the room as best I could to see if I could spot Al somewhere but she wasn’t anywhere that I could see.

I fought with the most obvious decision. I knew I was going to have to get in contact with Emma but it certainly wasn’t a situation I was looking forward too. It was bad enough that I my little sister has to see my like this. The thought of her friends seeing me this helpless is a whole new level of humiliation.  I sighed deeply with the realization that I would have to once again suck up my pride and make contact with Emma.

I wondered if it would be smart to try to get down onto her desk, and get in front of her pencil and try to get her attention. That Idea seemed the most practical but I was worried about getting left behind. What if class was over by the time I got there? It is one thing to be shrunk and with my sister’s best friend. It is another story to be shrunk and alone trying to navigate a gigantic school. Possibly found by some other person or worse yet mistaken for a bug like Al had done before and killed.  No, I was going to have to try to contact Emma without leaving her.

I looked up at the giant girl. I couldn’t believe that this was little Emma Waitland (Pronouncer = EM-AH Wait-Lynn).  When it comes to figures Emma was the exact opposite of Al. Where Al was athletic and had muscle tone Emma was dainty and with little no athletic ability.   Emma was much more a girly girl then the tomboy that Al was. Now though, Emma looks as if she could compete in the world strongest man competition.

As I continued staring at her an idea popped into my head. Emma’s wavy blonde hair which was draped over her shoulders wasn’t too far from me. If I could grasp some of her hair I could climb right up to her ear and contact her that way. Granted, it was very risky and then there was how Emma would react to some little person yelling at her ear that she couldn’t see. I might be flung from her hair and lost forever.  It was still my best choice, not to mention the only idea I had beyond the getting on the desk idea so begrudgingly I decided to try to contact Emma.

Chapter Twenty: Solutions and Problems by asukafan2001

****Alyson****

 

I couldn’t help but feel a little bad for leaving Jacen in my room. It’s not that I wanted to be mean. I just didn’t want to lose him. If I took him along he could fall out of my pocket, or get knocked out as I walk down the halls. It would just be too difficult at his size to keep track of him. I guess this is what it’s like to be the responsible sibling. You have to make decisions you know the other won’t appreciate.

I was sitting in math class just staring at the clock. I wanted to just dart out of here and find the new girl; I think her name is Kristen. She gave me the stuff she must know how it works. Hopefully she knows how to reverse the process. I know Jacen really wants to get back to his old size. I hope he does, I really do. It is just that part of me wants him to stay like this. I like having a little Jace around. I get to tease him, and humiliate him from time to time as opposed to the other way around. The best of all there is now no way he could beat me at basketball or any sport for that matter now.

The clock finally hit 11:30 and I darted out of the class room towards the lunch room. I stopped off at my locker tossing my books in and grabbed some cash from my backpack before heading towards the lunchroom. I waited just outside the tray line until I saw the new girl approach.

“Hey New Girl, Kristen!!” I shouted as she headed towards me.

“Ummm hi Alyson. What’s going on?” Kristen asked. I could tell she suspected something, but it’s not like she has any reason not to help me? I haven’t done anything to mean to her, and it’s not like I gave her the nickname new girl.

“What do you mean?” I asked trying to play it cool. I really didn’t want to just blurt out. Hey guess what my brother’s shrunk so how about you come over and fix him.

“Well you’re popular, funny, and a great athlete. I’m not any of those things. So if you are talking to me, you obviously want something. We aren’t exactly on the same level.”

“Oh, I guess I never looked at it that way. I guess we will have to hang out more, but anyway you are right. I did initially come here to talk to you about something. Do you remember what we talked about awhile ago? You know the prank thing.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I’m really sorry about your brother. It must be hard knowing the last thing you did to him was prank him before he left. Sorry, I kind of say things without thinking sometimes.”

“Nah it’s totally okay. Well that’s kind of what I wanted to talk to you about. He didn’t so much as disappear but he kind of shrunk, and I don’t mean just a couple of inches.” I nervously looked at Kristen, wondering how she was going to react.

“You mixed it with a carbonated beverage didn’t you? That’s why I said use milk.” Blurted out Kristen as she started directing me towards a quiet corner

“Well you never said don’t use soda. I didn’t think it could harm anything. So is there a cure?”

“Of course, once the substance has left his body, your brother should start to revert back. In this case he will probably grow a few inches. That’s when you will know that the substance is out of his body. Then just give me a call and I will bring over the cure.”

“Wow is that all? This whole thing seems so easy. I pictured it being a difficult process.”

“Well I should tell you. That the fix isn’t some overnight wonder drug, the duration is a variable dependent upon the person. Once your brother's system is clear of the drug, and we give him the fix. It may take a few minutes to kick in, but it could take hours, days, or even weeks to years.”

“Years!”

“Yeah, each person’s system treats the antibodies that are in the fix a little different. However, usually it takes just as long to reverse as it took to make him that way”

“Oh, well that’s good. So are you hungry?”

“Yeah, I could eat.”

“Let’s go meet my friends”

 

****Jacen****

 

I had spent my time waiting through what seemed like a hundred classes. I would watch her hair sweep near me but just out of my reach. I was beginning to wonder if just going onto her desk wouldn’t have been a better choice. It was now almost lunch and I was hungry. I was really starting to regret not just listening to Al. I would never tell her this but I think she was right. I would have been a lot safer not to mention better off if I had just stayed at home in her room.

I finally saw my chance though. I heard a boy whisper something to Emma. As Emma turned her head I watched her blonde hair flow towards me, and finally draping over of the top of the pocket I was being held in. I reached out and grasped onto her hair as she talked to one of her friends. I secured my grip on the gigantic strands of hair. She turned her head back to the front and returned to listening to the lecture.

I started to climb up towards her shoulder when a shadow appeared over me. I looked behind me to see Emma’s hand reaching towards me. I couldn’t believe how perfect this was turning out to be. She must have spotted me and now I can just get her take me to Al and this nightmare will be over.

My thoughts were unfortunately misguided. I watched her hand grab her hair all around me. She started wrapping her hair around her finger. I started climbing faster and faster as more and more of Emma’s hair was being wrapped around her finger. I finally reached her shoulder and leapt off of her hair strands. I felt myself slip slightly off her shoulder but I managed to pull myself up onto her shoulder.

I looked forward at the sea of hair strands all around me; I then looked at her ear behind me. I was almost there. I thought to myself as I felt Emma start to move. I tried to grab onto her hair for support but I found myself free falling from her shoulder. The world was a sea of colors as I tumbled end over end. Everything was a complete blur. I couldn’t see anything until I crashed into a canvas wall. I tried to grab onto something but my hands slipped over the threading of a Adidas logo. I continued sliding down the purple wall of the book bag as I watched Emma rise from her desk. I could see a couple of other girls grouped around her chatting with her. They were all oblivious to my plight.

I continued tumbling end over end, finally I fall over the edge of her book bag. I cringed expecting to smack the hard tile floor but instead I landed softly. I looked around and saw that I had landed in a Kleenex pouch she had stored in the small front pouch of her book bag. To the left of me was a giant graphing calculator and behind me was several pencils and pens held to the wall by a strap of material well above my head.

My eyes bulged wide open as I saw a pen speeding towards me like a javelin. I dove out of the way as the pen tip crashed into the floor. I looked at it stunned for a moment that one of my sisters little friends could do this. She simply tossed her pen into her backpack and it could have killed me.

“Oh shit” was all I could get out of my mouth as I saw the pen start to fall towards me, I curled into a ball fearing the worst but I heard it slam into the side of the graphing calculator and remain standing at a seventy degree angle above my head. I sighed in relief as a tearing sound erupted throughout the pouch. I looked up to see Emma zipping the pouch tightly. I pleaded with her but my voice fell on deaf ears as I was soon sealed in total darkness.

 

Chapter Twenty One: Gaining Hope by asukafan2001

 

 

****Jacen****

 

                I was shrouded in a world of darkness. I no longer felt the jostling of the book bag as Emma walked. I no longer heard the bustling hallways of peers and youths running to and fro, making weekend plans, talking about future parties. All of which were events and experiences that I was not a part of. I wondered if I would ever have the opportunity to participate in such events and lifestyles ever again. I looked at my diminutive body and compared it to these objects I use to dwarf. I would never have considered being crushed by calculator, impaled by a pen or pencil, or even trapped in a book bag. These were all things that seemed so impossible, so unlikely that they never entered my head of things that could happen to me.  Now, now everything is different. As I sit here in darkness I realize that my life may be coming to an end.  How long can I live like this until luck catches up with me? A footfall comes to fast, a giant stumbles, a book gets knocked off a shelf and I happen to be in its path.  All of these events are likely possibilities for my demise.  They were all the thoughts running through my head as I sat here in darkness. The fact that the book bag I was in was set down somewhere.

                My thoughts and ponderings were interrupted by a loud tearing sound. I instantly looked up while covering my ears to see light pouring into the book bag pocket like water into a glass. My eyes winced in pain for a moment as they adjusted to the light, however as my vision returned all I could see was Emma’s gigantic face. I wanted to scream, I wanted to yell, most of all I wanted help but I just sat there staring up at her. This was the first time I had truly seen a person who was not my sister, not a friendly person who has my best interests at heart. Someone who at the end of the day you knew you could trust. This was to me a stranger. While Emma has been my sister’s friend for years we don’t exactly hang out, or talk to each other. She is just someone I see as I walk to my room, or walk through the living room. She is no different to me then seeing a classmate or co-worker at the mall. While you acknowledge them, and know that there is a slight connection you aren’t exactly running over to meet them, you nod your head, maybe you wave but then you move on.

                I was left watching as Emma’s gigantic hands wrapped around the massive graphing calculator. I remember Emma as being scrawny and skinny. Unlike my sister Emma was no athlete. Emma was well, more of a girl.  She liked to do girl things, I wouldn’t say she didn’t like or care about sports they just weren’t anything special to her. She had no passion for them is probably the best way to put it. Emma was much more of a fashion mogul then my sister ever would be. Al is sweats and hoodie, Jeans and a t-shirt kind of person. Emma was from what I knew of her the exact opposite. Now to see her like this is shocking. Emma’s once dainty and scrawny body now looks powerful and muscular; her once very unintimidating presence now commanded respect and notice. I couldn’t believe I was looking at the same person.

                As Emma’s trunk like fingers wrapped around the calculator and pulled it out of the bag. The whoosh of air swept over me sending me tumbling head over heels until I crashed into the corner, by the time I recovered Emma was gone, but she had left an opening. The pouch was left unzipped; this opportunity left me completely torn inside. The safe thing to do would be stay here and wait till she is back around Al and try to get help then, but the other part of me knew that this may be my only chance to get out. What are the odds of this pouch being opened and Al being around coinciding together? I think it was that last thought which drove me to my conclusion. It was time leave.

I ran back over the pencil and started to shimmy my way up the pencil. The wood easily held my weight as I pulled myself up the length of pencil, however as I reached the eraser I realized a small problem. The pencil was lying at angle so there was a height difference where the pencil ended and where the top of the pouch ended.  I looked hopelessly at the distance I had to somehow navigate and began to wonder if I would die in here, when I heard loud fast moving footsteps. My heart began to beat faster and faster in fear and apprehension as the footsteps got closer and closer, I looked up through the opening at the top hoping to see what who or what was coming when everything lurched forward. The pencil and myself slammed into the front wall of the pouch and then the back wall. The entire book bag shuddered and started to fall forward. I screamed in terror everything around me was being shook about until we crashed into the ground and spilled out onto the floor. I lied on the floor in shock staring up at a gigantic kid; he didn’t look to be any older than six or seven at the most.

“Josh! Get out of here!! Stop messing around with my stuff. You know you aren’t allowed in here.” Emma’s voice rang throughout the room like the voice god. My bones shook as I heard a second powerful thud, followed by the ground trembling along with my body as I heard the footsteps of Emma nearing me.  As she came into view she instantly started looking at me. I couldn’t believe that she had spotted me so easily.  However, as Emma stared at me with curiosity I found myself continuing to tremble. My body wouldn’t stop shaking in fear.

Emma started to kneel down and bend over me, her hand reaching out towards me. That is when I first realized something was different. Emma’s hand wasn’t as big as it was before. In fact I may have been even a little big bigger than her hand. I darted my eyes from left to right and noticed everything was a little smaller but I couldn’t fathom how? Just a moment ago I was smaller, however the wonderment of how and why quickly left my head as I realized in the here and now I had  a giant grinning down at me.

Chapter Twenty Two: Reasoning by asukafan2001
Author's Notes:
Almost to the end now. Sorry for the long delay.

 

****Miranda****

 

I found myself back on my way to Jacen’s house. I dropped off the weird blue crystal stuff at the science lab. Professor Richland examined the stuff and said that it appeared to be at the base form a dye that was created to bond with human skin only that it appears too modified partially into some other substance. He said he would continue to look into it, but it would take a couple of days to a few weeks to completely examine and figure out just what the stuff is.

That in itself wasn’t much of a help, but as I was walking out to my car I started thinking about what Professor Richland had said it was in its base form. Some kind of Skin dye, and I could only think of one person who is close to Jacen who would have skin dye and use it unknowingly on someone.

I took the roundabout way to Jacen’s house hoping I would bump into the person my intuition is telling me is at the cause of all this. I hadn’t driven more than a few blocks when I saw Al walking home. I pulled my car up alongside her and motioned for her to come in. Right away I could see she was a bit reluctant but she begrudgingly plopped down in the passenger seat.

“How are you doing Miranda? What are you doing passing by my school?”

“Oh I was just curious with how you were doing? I mean, you more than anyone else should be feeling bad over what has happened I mean you did try to dye Jacen’s skin blue and then he disappears. What happened Al?”

I watched as her face change to a ghost white. I felt bad for just popping the question but this is serious business. I want to know what really happened.

“I can explain. Its not my fault. It was just suppose to be a prank but it went a little far. I mixed the dye with some things I shouldn’t have and sort of shrunk my brother. He is totally okay though. I have him in my room.”

“Wait, what? Maybe you should tell me the whole story, from the start. I am just dying to hear why you let everyone think he was dead.”

 

 

****Jacen****

 

I found myself gripped tightly in Emma’s hand. This was a completely new experience and different than before. It is much more of a helpless feeling this time, because now I am bigger, and can actually comprehend rather easily the difference in size, and I find myself looking more and more like a doll or action figure then I ever did before. I struggled at first, but having been in this situation for awhile now I knew it was hopeless. I looked up at Emma as she continued to look at me.

“You look just like Al’s brother, only toy sized. This is incredible, you look like a toy, only I can feel your little heart beating, and the warmth radiating off your body. So you have to be real.”

“Look, Emma it is me Jacen. I can’t really explain how this happened but I need you to take me to Al. I got here by mistake, and I really need to get to Al. Only you can’t tell anyone else but Al.”

“Whoa, settle down there squirt. You mean to tell me, I find my own little person and I am just suppose to be all oh okay, let me just give you away to someone else? I don’t think so. I mean look at you? Are you really in any kind of position to be telling me or anyone what I should and shouldn’t be doing with you?”

“Emma come on! Al’s your best friend. Why would you intentionally hurt her like that?”

“It’s not a matter of hurting; it’s more a matter of possession. You’re telling me, if things were reversed and you found yourself in possession of a tiny human being you would just hand them over? I don’t think so little Jacen. You would keep that person, and you can’t say that you wouldn’t!”

“I would like to think that I am a bit more responsible than that.”

“Well since you obviously like to stow away, why don’t you just hang out in here until I get back with a more proper home for you.”

I found myself being lowered back into the very backpack I had just escaped from, only instead of the small front pouch I was in before, Emma was putting me into the main compartment where I would have absolutely no hope for escape. Even at my now bigger size.

Chapter Twenty Three: Conclusion of Events by asukafan2001

Chapter Twenty Three

 

****Jacen****

               

                The first time since this ordeal begun, I wanted to just breakdown and cry. I had really messed up this time. I kept going over all the events that led to my demise and all I can come up with is my own stubbornness and pigheadedness which led me to this situation. I am sitting trapped in a book bag for crying out loud. The idea of being a prisoner to one of my sister’s little friends is enough to drive a man insane, but in the end if I had just listened to Al, who was thinking with a far clearer head then I was I wouldn’t be in this situation. I spent the next seemingly hundred hour’s listening to the deafening silence as I struggled to come to terms with the realization of what my own stupidity had done to me. I started to hear voices talking in a hushed tone, and giant people trying to walk softly. It is actually quite funny in hindsight, when you think about how large they are, and how hard it is to actually soften the footfalls of beings that weigh tons upon tons in comparison to me.

                A soft squeaking of the door told me that they had entered. My heart was racing in fear. Whatever Emma had cooked up or had in store for me it couldn’t be good. I kept picturing how proud and defiant she looked as she held me in her hands. This was going to be it. I thought to myself as I heard the footfalls end right beside the backpack I was being held in.

I gulp audibly as the zippered teeth tear apart and the bright lights from outside shine down into the bag. I rub my eyes and find myself squinting as I adjust to the bright lights, as my vision returns the blurry mesh of tan colors changes to the jubilant face of Emma beaming down at me. 

“Somebody’s in trouble!!!” Emma says in a sing song voice as she stares down at me with a mischievous glint in her eyes which sent shivers down my spine.

I was at a loss for words as I watched her hand descend upon me.  I felt her warm fingers curl around my body and lift me from the prison she had put me in. As she pulled me closer to the top of the bag I could see the shadows of another person. My mind raced with possible people it could be, none of which exactly screamed freedom from this young tyrant.

As I left the proximity of the bag I found myself staring directly at Emma’s body. I had to crane my neck around in order to sub side my curiosity. As I turned my head further and further I saw the face of Al. I cringed as she had a very similar look in her eyes to that of which I got when I was younger from our mother.  It usually meant it was business time, and If I was lucky I would escape with just verbal thrashing, but usually when I was younger it meant I would be sitting funny for the better part of the next couple days.

                “JACEN!” I heard two familiar yet extremely loud voices bellow down.

                “Hey girls, how is it going? I hope I didn’t worry you too much!” I tried to nonchalantly say while flashing a Han Solo lopsided smile.

                “We will talk about this when we get home Jacen.” Al said with an angry glare.  I found myself almost instantly back in Al’s grip.  I looked about realizing how much smaller Al’s hand now was.  I felt relieved even though I knew I was going to get it as soon as we got home.

“Listen Al, I can explain” I stammered which caused a giggle from Emma as I already found myself slipping into a similar pattern of what I would do when I was younger. Fighting for some kind of excuse which would make whatever I just did wrong seem completely justified. However, just like when I was younger, nothing good ever came to mind.

“Oh I’m sure you can little man” Al said in a very similar tone to which I hear her use when she is babysitting. I can’t help but feel a little humiliated but after what I probably had put her through it’s probably justified.

“Although, Al isn’t the only one who came Jacen.” I could see a series of emotions spread across Miranda’s face. I could see relief in her eyes, worry because of the way she was biting her lower lip, and her body was tensed like it always got when she was angry.

“What were you thinking Jacen? What if someone besides Emma had found you? Do you know how you made your sister feel when she got home, to her room and you were nowhere to be found?” Miranda exclaimed.

The next few hours were a blur as Emma had what seemed like a hundred questions and all I wanted to do was get out of dodge. What bothered me the most was that throughout the entire process I was in Al’s lap, or held by Al. I really wanted to run over to Miranda and just fling my arms around her, however there I sat in my little sister’s lap who was completely ruining the mood.

                My mind wandered as Al and Emma made some chit chat. Miranda was looking down at me with a bit of shock and awe. I guess I can’t really blame her. It’s not every day that you see the world’s smallest man.

                The entire way home Al was telling me about how she had found a way to reverse the process and that I would be normal sized before I knew it.  I had my doubts, as it seemed so farfetched to think I could somehow go back to being bigger, taller, and stronger than my now gigantic sister.  However, it’s the only hope that has kept me going this long and it’s not like growing this small seemed that possible to me before it happened. So i guess returning to normal sized can't be that much more far fetched. I guess as much as I always wanted it, i never thought it would actually happen. The one thing I do know, is that  I am sure that  it will be an adventure too if it works.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=559