Loving Arms by Inwiththebooks
Summary:

A day in the life of Essira Thrani, and a look into the lot of those humans sold as pets.


Categories: Fantasy, Feet, Footwear, Gentle, Humiliation, New World Order, Slave Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Micro (1 in. to 1/2 in.), Minikin (3 in. to 1 in.), Munchkin (2.9 ft. to 1 ft.)
Size Roles: F/f, F/m, FF/f, FF/m
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Humanity's Downfall
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 13433 Read: 48169 Published: September 20 2015 Updated: January 03 2016
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Start of a New Day by Inwiththebooks

2. Caged Love by Inwiththebooks

3. The Right Fit by Inwiththebooks

4. Twins by Inwiththebooks

5. Pet Care Advice by Inwiththebooks

Start of a New Day by Inwiththebooks
Author's Notes:

Figured I go back to a character I used at the end of 'Time Out' for a bit of lighter fun compared to the dark places most of the stoy's in this universe have gone.

Away we go!

Sunlight dappled gently through red silk curtains, beaming upon thick red sheets. There was a shifting beneath the covers, a squirming of someone beneath them. The sound of whispering fabric on fabric sounded out as long slender fingers grasped at the sheets, pulling them closer around the owner. The bed creaked ever so and there was a groggy groan audible from within. The lump beneath the covers tossed and turned as attempts to fight off waking up seemed to become more and more difficult. It was still for a bit before the birds outside started chirping incessantly.

The covers were slowly peeled aside and a pair of green eyes blinked open, long fingers wiping at their corners to rub sleep from the orbs. A mess of tangled black hair was strewn about the face of Essira Thrani, brushed back haphazardly as a yawn escaped her full lips. She sat up, stretching her arms above her head as she did before tucking another loose strand of black hair behind her long triangular ears. The elf looked towards the window, trying to will herself out of bed. Part of her wanted to go right back to bed and take a day off, however considering her job that wasn't an option. Her darlings were fulltime jobs after all.

After a minute she managed to shove the covers aside, her thin white nightgown doing little to keep out the morning chill. It did however display her curvaceous form very nicely, especially as she stood up out of bed and stretched high. Little pops were audible as her joints and muscles received use after the long night. Next she bent over and reached down to stretch to her toes, the tips of her fingers just barely grazing the red painted digits. She counted to ten before standing up straight again and rolling her shoulders.

Her room was rather large, certainly more that most common born elves could hope to have. A queen sized bed, deep and plush red carpeting, a massive and absurdly stocked vanity, and a huge walk in closet made up just this one room. Her business had been very kind to her she supposed. The tall elf walked over to the curtains and flung them aside, squinting as the sunlight flooded the room fully. Early morning from the looks of it so she still had some time to freshen up.

Essira rang a little bell next to her bed and headed over to her vanity, her bare feet sinking into the carpet with each step. She sat down and started counting in her head. The record response time was thirty seconds, impressive but she was very certain it could be improved. Of course it wasn't so much for her sake that she counted, more for the one responding. She seemed so proud when she managed to best her last time for some reason. Essira didn't quite get it but she humored it nonetheless.

"Twenty-nine, thirty, thirty-one, thirty-two." The dark haired elf muttered under her breath, passing the time by toying with a strand of her dark hair.

Just after thirty-two there was a timid knock at her door. "Come in. Thirty-two seconds today. Close."

The doors in Essira's house had two 'doors' as it were. One was normal and suited for a normal sized person however built into those were little square flaps of wood that allowed entrance on pushing. It was too small for even a child to get through though for her servant it was just right. The bottom door was pushed open and through it crawled a human woman no bigger than two feet in height.

Like most of her kind in Elsira, the human was naked. She was quite a plain pale looking little thing and possessed and average build. Her brown hair was cut at ears and around her neck was a cute little pink ribbon. Her brown eyes were directed downward respectfully, just as she had been taught. She stood in the middle of the floor and seemed to ponder saying anything. Essira smiled warmly at the diminutive human and waited for her to get out what she wanted to say patiently.

Finally she spoke her voice little more than a timid whisper. "Good Morning, Miss Thrani. Sorry about my slow response"

"Good Morning to you, Liz, and don't let it trouble you. Sleep well?"

"Y-Yes. Thanks for asking, Miss. ...You?" Liz managed to get out.

Essira laughed, a lyrical and pleasant sound though it saddened her to see it made Liz wince slightly. "Yes I did, would have slept better with a certain someone at the foot of my bed."

The young woman flushed a brilliant scarlet at the suggestion. "I-I... that is... I didn't know-!"

Essira waved away her pet's concerns. "Calm down, darling, I was joking. You get so much cuter when you're all flustered!" She cooed.

Given how that left Liz looking Essira opted to have mercy on her and stop her teasing. At least for the moment. "Anyway. Be a dear and fetch my sandals and dress from the closet will you? The green one with peacock feathers again. I trust you've already set out my books down stairs yes?"

Liz nodded in confirmation before scampering off through the little door to the closet to carry out the order. Essira shook her head slightly. Honestly she would have just preferred having Liz be around to pet and cuddle with but she seemed to be more comfortable when given servants tasks. Naturally her diminutive stature limited what she could do but Essira found little things to assign to her. Fetching clothes, setting out her books, cleaning the floors. The elf knew well she had been born a slave in human lands. Perhaps this was just more comfortable to her.

Regardless the elf turned back to her vanity and produced a brush, setting about getting her hair under control. She winced every now and then as she worked on a particularly stubborn knot. Whatever humans held elves as being perfection didn't know what they were talking about. Oh certainly Essira knew well her angular and well-shaped beauty was the envy of many an elf, but it wasn't as though no effort went into it.

She set her hair so that her bangs were parted, tucked behind her ears to display the triangular appendages. The elf then set her brush aside and started putting her earrings on, little rubies in the shape of hearts. By the time she started adding green accents around her eyes Liz had returned from the closet and was struggling to hold both her dress and sandals up. Indeed Essira could only see the little legs of her pet. A squeak came as the weight became too much and she ended up buried beneath the fabric.

The elf sighed and stood, freeing Liz with little effort. "M-Miss, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" She whimpered, bowing low with her head touching the carpet.

"Calm down, darling. It's okay. Just don't overburden yourself too much. I've said it time and time again; you don't have to do anything if you don't want to or if it's too much for you." Essira said as she set out her clothes on the bed.

Liz sniffled. "I-I know... it's just... you've been so kind. I want to be useful to you."

The dark haired elf squatted down and gently started running her hand through Liz's hair. The human stiffened before relaxing as soft fingers trailed through her hair. "Shhh, it's alright. You aren't my slave, you know. You're my pet. It's my job to pamper and spoil you with love and affection so you'll return it in kind."

"B-But I do love you, Miss!" Liz protested.

"I know you do, darling. It's just..." Essira said, biting her lower lip as she thought over her words.

"Just... what, Miss?"

Essira shook her head, rubbing her thumb in circles on Liz's back. "Nothing. Don't worry about it, darling. Instead why don't you head down to the kitchen? I bet you're hungry."

As if in response the diminutive human's stomach growled, drawing a laugh from her owner. "Go on then, grumbly tummy. I'll be down in a minute."

Liz blushed brightly and scampered out of the room as quickly as her little legs could manage. Essira shook her head as she stood up once more and set about dressing herself. Her peacock feather dress was easy to slip on fortunately, one of her least finicky dresses. Once her nightgown was discarded and that was set on she slipped on her sandals and placed two peacock feathers behind her ears. She smiled at her reflection in her vanity mirror before heading out of her room.

Down in the kitchen she saw her books were set up on one of the chairs and found Liz standing near her bowl. The dark haired elf set opened her pantry and took out a few strips of dried meat and some bread, setting them in her bowl before filling up her water bowl beside it. The human happily started munching away at her breakfast while Essira set out a pot of tea to steep and helped herself to some bread.

She smiled as she watched Liz eat, the human occasionally pausing to lap at her water bowl. Hard to believe she had been free range rather than bred in Elsira, her mannerisms certainly would reflect in most elven bred. Her eyes lingered on the whip scars across her back and her smile died. Her fingers tightened around one of her books. The world was too filled with cruelty. Most elves saw her views on ownership as backwards but she knew what was right and wrong. She might occasionally raise her hand in discipline but that... that was too far. The word abuse came to mind to describe it.

Essira turned her thoughts away from the sad state of human protection in Elsira and instead opened her books as she waited for her tea to be ready. Inside was a list of names, ages, sexes, and prices. She took up a quill and dipped it in ink as she started making necessary adjustments. Yesterday had been quite a fruitful day for her business, quite a bit of patronage. That sale had certainly helped get a few new faces thinking about her and her services, faces she would likely see again. Building relationships was always important for any business owner.

"Let's see, Michael is gone. So are Fiona and Erik. Lord Seris said he'd be out of the city for a bit so need to make sure to watch Kali for him. Hmm... Helga is getting past her breeding years it looks like. Damn. Might have to put her up as a window item. Think Liosili said she was looking for older females..." She muttered to herself.

The tea started whistling and Essira stood, removing it from over the flame before pouring herself a cup. She inhaled deeply of the steaming cup before very lightly sipping at it, the mint liquid warming her belly. Too much to do today but then there was always too much. She really needed to start looking into taking on an apprentice. Not as if she'd be lacking for volunteers though an apprentice might bungle some necessary maintenance. She sighed as she sat down, rubbing at her temples as she considered the benefits and drawbacks.

As she thought she felt a little wet lap on her big toe. She looked under the table and smiled at Liz as the little human took timid licks at her foot. The smile was taken as encouragement and Liz set herself at the task with more gusto, going so far as to take Essira's big toe into her mouth. The dark haired elf sighed as she returned her attention back to her books. She might well be overly timid and a little over eager to throw herself at menial tasks but she certainly was good at showing affection.

Mostly it was just getting things up to date though the looming possibility of needing to expand was growing. Normally it was easily to keep her darlings at a manageable number but recent influx in her stock was making it seem like getting a second building would be a good idea. Which of course would definitely mean having to hire more hands. More hands meant wages needing to be paid. It also meant having potential unskilled hands handling her darlings, which could end very badly.

She leaned back and tapped the feather of her quill against her chin. At the same time she cooed slightly in pleasure as Liz started swishing her tongue skillfully around the digit in her mouth. The brown haired woman withdrew after a while and showed her adoration to the next toe. She was quite skilled with that tongue when she wanted to be. The sensation of her small tongue on sensitive skin was positively divine, helping Essira to relax a bit and enjoy her morning a little more. She set her quill down and lifted up her warm cup of tea, sipping at the minty liquid.

For a long while she let Liz work her magic, the brown haired human coating the digits of one foot with her saliva and even going so far as to lick the sole down to the arch. Essira finally giggled and reached down under the table, setting Liz onto her lap as she wriggled her toes in pleasure. The human almost looked a little put off by the interruption but made no comment, simply letting out a sigh of bliss as her owner started petting at her back.

"When I get back you are getting an extra big meal for that, darling. I'll even throw in a sweet for you!" She promised as she spoiled her pet with affection.

"Love you, Miss Thrani." The human said, her voice muffled as she buried her face in Essira's dress.

"I love you too my little darling. But I've got to go in soon. Work to do."

Tiny arms tried to wrap around the elf. "Take me with you, please. You always leave me at home."

Essira sighed. "Not today, darling."

"But, Miss..."

"Elizabeth."

The gentleness left her voice at the full use of Liz's name and she felt the human stiffen. She meekly removed her arms from around Essira and the elf picked her up under her arms before setting her on the ground. Pleased that she had obeyed the elf gave her a loving stroke on her head before standing and getting ready to head. The dark haired elf hummed as she picked her satchel off a hook on the wall and set her ledger inside of it. Her eyes then turned to Liz and she waved.

"Well, I'm off, Liz. I'll be back later. Behave yourself."

"Yes, Miss Thrani."

With that Essira stepped out of the front door and into the cool morning air of early fall. She riffled through her satchel and produced a silver key, sliding it into the lock and turning it into place. Little danger of robbery in her part of the city really but better safe than sorry she always said. That done she set off towards the Merchant District of the city. If the rest of the day was as pleasant as her morning it would be a high point of the week.

The city itself was waking up as merchants started manning their stalls and hawking their wares. Travelers were out sightseeing, citizens loitered about here or there with friends, and guards patrolled the streets for signs of crime. Very few dressed as... distinctively as her though elven fashions tended to shift like the rising and falling of the tide. Looking around she noted that the recent craze in robes was still quite popular. No doubt the more conservative wings of the mage community despaired.

The peacock feather clad elf frowned as her eyes passed over a food stand nearby. Oh, there was the normal fair available of course, fruits, vegetables, though there were also tiny cages filled with squirming bodies inside. Inch high humans, pressed together in the tight and cloying spaces. Disgust welled up in her as she turned her gaze away and continued walking. The jewelry stands she passed were little better, as the more popular styles currently involved using humans as well in them.

An elven woman she passed was currently getting a fitting done on a new anklet. The poor man being set into the silver chain by the jeweler was placed in restrains on the wrists and ankles, squealing bloody murder the whole while. Bracelets, anklets, and necklaces were most popular. Rings and earrings were very difficult and required access to mages or magic to shrink the subject to a proper size. Hence they were typically only seen in the mage class or very, very well off nobility.

Humanitarian, she supposed that was a perfect description of her. Often the word was accompanied by sneers from more conservative or traditional branches of elven society. Humans were still living creatures. They were capable of at least rudimentary thoughts and feelings. She was fully behind the idea of bringing the race under heel, but certainly not with eating them or turning them into cheap baubles. She just thought of Liz trapped in one of those bracelets or in one of those tight cages and felt her blood boil.

Of course, as a merchant herself, Essira dealt with customers from all branches of society. For every kindly owner there were times when she knew some of her darlings would be going to a horrid one. There were zero laws protecting normal humans, even the ones protecting human mages were flimsy. It was a sad fact of life at the moment though who could say what might change once the last human was claimed by Elsira? Ever the optimist, Essira held out hope.

Soon enough she arrived at her shop. The establishment was pretty much impossible to miss and any who knew her even passingly understood it fit her to a T. The entire building was painted pink and had little red and pink flowers in front of the windows. The sign hanging from above had hearts painted all over it and read 'Loving Arms: Human Breeder, Tamer, and Pet Shop'. Better to be distinctive than common in her opinion.

The woman produced a gold key and slid it into the lock, turning it before stepping inside. The room itself was a deep crimson color, possessed of fine portraits of flowery meadows and vibrant forests hanging on the walls. Plush chairs were arrayed here or there for some to wait on especially busy days. The floor was fine and smooth marble and a few flower pots hung here or there from the ceiling. Essira set her satchel down on the counter and let out a sigh as she took in the pleasant floral smell. This was her home away from home as much as her place of work.

Thinking of her work the dark haired elf took her ledger out and set it on the counter before heading into the back, kicking off her sandals as she did. She tossed open the back door and threw open the curtains on the far wall with a loud sigh. The sunlight flooded the large back room, revealing row upon row of very large and spacious cages. Their bars were quite thin and inside each one were little inch high humans either milling about or just rubbing the sleep from their tiny eyes.

"Wakey wakey, darlings! It's a bright and wonderful day, no time to just laze about and waste it!"

Caged Love by Inwiththebooks

The backroom of the Loving Arms was the largest part of the establishment, stocked with cages upon cages of inch high humans. The humans were all as varied as they came old, young, male, female, and all different shapes and colors. Males and females were typically kept in separate cages, hence on one side of the room there were all males and the cages on the other side had all females. The cages were also separated by their occupant’s intended use. Breeders were kept closest to the far wall, ones she was still taming were next to that section, ones she was taking care of for others were next and finally the actual ones she sold as pets were closest to the door to the front room.

Inspection was always the first part of Essira’s routine. Bright green eyes peered through the thin bars of the cages, looking over all of her darlings. There was obvious affection in the gaze but also a calculation, looking for signs of sickness. Sickness needed to be caught early so she could quarantine the ill ones away from the healthy ones until their health improved. So far though everyone looked perfectly healthy.

The reactions to Essira herself were varied depending on section. Those she had yet to tame for instance behaved most wildly. Some recoiled in fear, others shouted at her, still others tried desperately to move the bars on their cages. On the other side of the spectrum those she had tamed were very much happy to see her, some even going so far as to wish her a good morning. Her heart always melted a little at that and she giggled as she went to fetch their breakfast, moving to a cupboard nearby.

In Elsira, most humans were this size. It was very abnormal for one to be bigger, like how Liz was. Liz had only gotten as big as she had due to some favors Essira called in from the mage class. Smaller humans however were highly common among the hyper rich or the mages. She had heard rumors of one particular powerful sorceress having made some so small they could dwell in little communities that could fit in the palm of her hand. Essira didn’t put much stock in that of course, anyone having that kind of power was frightening in and of themselves.

The dark haired elf took out a sack and jug of water from the cupboard and started doing her rounds around the cages, reaching in through the doors on the top of the cages to remove the empty water and food bowls and fill them anew. Even those that she had yet to tame were cautious enough to avoid messing with the hand that fed them. The fare was mostly ground and flaked greens and dried meat. She preferred giving them a healthy diet.

It was time consuming to visit every single cage in its turn, certainly monotonous. However she lived for those moments when she would hear a chorus of ‘thank you, Miss Thrani’ from her well trained and reared pets. Always added an extra spring to her step. She hummed as she worked, a lyrical and soft melody that carried on all through her task. When she was done she set her supplies away and looked through her selection of trained pets.

“Hmm… let’s see who’s going to the front today. I know you are all dying to end up with a loving and caring owner that will spoil you rotten.” She said, pacing down the row.

There was a lack of enthusiasm even from them at that. Essira was a known quantity. She had known some since they were brought into this world, had a part in raising them to respect their elven superiors. It was hard for her too in some ways. She knew all of their names by heart as well as their little quirks. Some she even had long conversations with some on slow days. At the end of the day though she was a business owner and they were her business.

“Let’s see who the lucky men are first… Lucien. Sam. Ray. Hazim. Annnd, Roderick. I think you five will do.” She said, pointing to the humans in their turn.

All five were younger humans, 18-25 years old and were generally pleasing to look at. Perfect window items. Of course window items weren’t just there to be bought, they were there to intrigue and entice a buyer in. She produced an empty silver cage and collected each tiny human in their turn, carefully setting them inside. Her grasp was that of an experienced professional, gentle but firm. Accidental dropping or squeezing were almost as high on the list of causes of human fatalities as being eaten or crushed for sport. Handling them took getting used to as they would occasionally squirm or writhe, especially uncooperative ones.

She set the display cage on the floor before padding over to the female side of the room, smiling brightly. “Good Morning ladies! You all look so beautiful and full of life! Bet you some handsome gentleman or shy girl is just waiting to snatch you up!” She said brightly, leaning her elbows on the counter and raising her leg up before tapping her toes on the floor.

She giggled as a few blushed brightly, shaking her head as she pondered who would be going up. “Hmm… Iona, Clare, Aiko, Severa, and Lea.” Essira selected, producing another empty cage before collecting each one in their turn.

With all her charges in display cages she picked up both and headed back to the front placing them both down at the windows. She blew a kiss to both cages and winked. “Don’t be so nervous, I’m sure whoever will want you will spoil you better than I ever could.” She said with a giggle before returning to the back room.

Now came the time to look at her temporary stock. Currently she had four she was looking after for various well off elves away for this reason or that. She smiled down at the first on her visitation list, the newest to the establishment. “Hello there, Kali! Everything alright so far? Comfortable? I know it’s probably not as good as what Lord Seris has you used to.” She greeted brightly.

The blonde human was very much a pampered noble pet in every sense, as she understood she was of noble blood herself. She wore a ballroom gown of thick and expensive blue fabric and her hair was very painstakingly styled. A pair of sharp blue eyes glared up at Essira at her questioning, gesturing about at the wide cage. The bedding was much the same as her normal stock received as she fed her as normal. Her food and water were untouched, the elf noted.

“Alright? Certainly not! You might be used to living as such, lowborn, but I refuse to lie upon such filthy and common accommodations! Caged like a mouse, how inhumane can you get?” She snapped, her tone haughty.

Essira’s smile waned somewhat. Lord Seris went far too much out of his way to give Kali everything she might want. The man was certainly kind, but there was such a thing as being too kind.  The urge to put her foot down on her behavior was strong since the moment she had met her, however she hadn’t been paid for that. No reason to alienate the other elf, if he wanted to let his human run his life then so be it.

“I lack better accommodations, sadly. Haven’t heard any complaints from the others.” Essira noted.

Kali blew a strand of hair from her face before favoring Essira with a sneer. “Probably because they are all broken wretches unused to the finer things! I will also not sully my mouth with this… food.”

Essira’s usually impervious smile became very strained. She had plenty of humans here yet to be tamed but if there was one thing she disliked more than human abuse, it was letting one’s pet become this rebellious. Fortunately she’d only have to put up with Kali for a week at most. The temptation to punish her for that little outburst was difficult to ignore but in the end the elf managed to keep her smile from falling completely.

“I’m afraid that’s all I have fit for your size, Kali.” She said

“Naturally. Why Seris left me with an incompetent airheaded knife ears like you is beyond me.”

The temperature in the room fell by a good few degrees at the hostile air between the two. Any of her stock would have found a long couple of days in time out as their punishment for that insult. Kali knew she was safe though. The cage she was in might as well have been her own little personal castle. Essira couldn’t touch a hair on her pretty little head. A part of her prayed for the day Seris opted to get her tamed properly. The elf was fairly professional about it normally but she would definitely enjoy it with the arrogant human.

“Yes. Well, good morning, Kali. I’ll check on you later.” The elf said walking away from the cage.

The next two were far more tolerable, Will and Mia, the most darling pair of mates she had seen in a long time. One was a sandy haired male in a blue tunic and trousers and the other was a red haired lass in a simple dress. Both were in the onset of their prime, nineteen years by her estimate. They cowered away from the bars at her approach, drawing a low coo from the shop owner. After Kali she needed a little sweet nervousness from humans.

“Good morning you two! Everything alright?” She asked.

The two looked at each other before Will managed to clear his throat. “G-Good morning, Miss Thrani. Everything’s well with us.”

Essira leaned against the counter and smiled down at the two from above, twining a strand of hair around her finger. Mia shuffled her feet at the looming green eyes peering down from above while Will subtly positioned himself between the massive being and his partner. A wide smile curled over the lips of the elf before a giggle escaped her.

“You two are sooo cute! I’ll have to ask Lady Qora to let me know when you’re having children; I bet they’ll be just as cute! I know she loves you both to tears.” She said.

The two chuckled nervously. “A-actually…” Mia said, blushing as she held her stomach.

Green eyes widened before she let out a squeal of delight. “Really!? Since when!?” She exclaimed.

Will winced at the high pitched noise. “Last month. Lady Qora had much the same reaction.”

“As well she should! Always cause for celebration I say! I’m always excited when my humans have little bundles of love and joy on the way!” Essira said.

She let out a low sigh, the happy bit of news immediately returning some brightness to her mood. “I’ll have to prepare something special just for you two later today, I’m so happy for you both!”

Mia managed a little smile. “Thanks, Miss Thrani.”

With that happy bit of business out of the way and both seemingly happy and health Essira walked to the last one left to her. He was a thin little thing, well dressed and well-groomed certainly but it was rather hollow considering he was in the corner of the cage. He held his legs against his chest and simply stared out in front of him, seeming to not even blink or breathe. One had to look very closely for these signs of life however.

The elf smiled down at him. “Hello Victor, how are you today?”

Nothing. Not a twitch, not a nod, not even a grunt. The man just sat there staring ahead. She’d seen him get up to eat or do basic things needed for survival but beyond that he simply sat there. Essira frowned down at him. “It’s a pleasant morning, isn’t it?”

There was a long pause where she left space for him to respond. Again, nothing. A sigh escaped her lips. This sadly happened often enough, especially with humans taken from the outside as she understood he was. Their minds couldn’t adjust to their new position in life. Most of those that shut down as Victor had were put down or sold away to jewelry stands or food stalls as they couldn’t function. Rare examples like Victor however existed and stabbed at Essira’s heard. It was rather like he was already dead.

Still she didn’t try and push him or berate him; instead she just smiled sadly at him. “Well, I’m here if you ever want to talk. I promise I don’t bite.”

As she leaned back away from his cage she heard the bell on the front door ring, signifying a potential customer entering. The dark haired elf stepped out of the backroom briskly, bare feet slapping loudly upon the floor. It was a tad early in the day for most sales but that usually meant there was good business coming today. Her favorite kind of business. She favored her visitor with a wide and bright smile.

“Welcome to the Loving Arms! I’m Essira, how can I-?”

“Essira my dear, so nice to see you again.”

The sickly sweet velvety voice froze the smile of the shop owner. The elf before her wore the finest of blue silk robes, gemmed sandals upon her feet. Her blonde hair was set back in a long braid, sapphires dangling from the end. Upon her right slender ring finger was a golden ring with the symbol of a snake eating its own tail. On her left was a very tiny human trapped where one might normally set a gem into a silver ring.

Essira’s smile immediately became very brittle as she bowed to the woman. “Councilor Idria. It is a pleasure. To what do I owe the honor of your visit?”

The elf gestured to her side. Standing there, gripping the arm of the councilor was a freshly adult elf. She was garbed in a blue dress trimmed in gold and had hair as golden as Idria’s. She pushed herself more nervously into the older, taller of the elf she clung to, shyly peeking up at Essira as the two more mature elves conducted themselves. Essira’s smile regained a little warmth and she offered the young woman a wave.

“My daughter just had her fortieth birthday and I promised to buy her a pet to keep her company while I’m away during long hours. You were the first place I thought of my dear.” Idria said.

The shop owner knew better than to assume goodwill from Idria. As far as councilors went, Idria Wivlanis was the most conservative and vocal elven monodominant that there was. Considering the varied amount of mages on the council, including one literal psychopath, that was saying quite a bit. Her opinion of the lot of humanity on this world was apparent in her choice in jewelry. Playthings, toys to be discarded when they ceased to amuse. Still Essira forced a full smile back upon her face and nodded to the powerful woman before her.

“Well then, you’ve made the right choice. Let me show you my darlings. I’m sure we’ll find a match for your daughter!”  

 

The Right Fit by Inwiththebooks

Given that Essira’s shop was located in the business district of the capital of Elsira the human tamer was quite used to being frequented by upper class citizens. As such she kept her cool, even with the gaze of Idria upon her. The smile on her face was as bright as ever as she moved towards the window displays she had set up and gestured towards both. As much as she might adore her darlings they were here to be sold, even if it was to a distasteful household. Business was business.

“First off, are you thinking male or female?” She asked.

Idria pushed her daughter towards Essira, the young elf woman giving a squeak of surprise. “Go on, Usia, tell Essira what you want.”

Usia slowly walked towards Essira who offered her a bright and comforting smile. The peacock feather clad elf placed an arm on her back. The young elf tensed immediately but seemed to calm down when she looked at the older elf’s face. She gestured with her free hand towards the cage with the males first. Usia looked inside the cage with pure wonder. The little humans inside looked nervously at the prospective owner, her massive face still rather intimidating at a mere inch tall.

Essira made little soothing noises to her darlings as she opened the cage, plucking out the nearest human gently. She held out the little red haired man to Usia with a brilliant smile. “He’s very well behaved, go ahead and hold him.”

The young elf stared at the offering before glancing nervously back to her mother. Idria had lost interest in the entire affair and was instead idly glancing over the cage of females. The look in her blue eyes could only be described as predatory. The councilor made a show of licking her lips while Essira’s attention was elsewhere, opening her mouth wide to give a good view of her silky tongue snaking out slightly. The terrified squeaks she got drew a malicious chuckle from her.

“Are you sure he won’t… bite me?” Usia asked cautiously.

“If he bites you I’ll have failed at my job as a tamer and your mother can close me down.” Essira replied with an easy chuckle.

Seemingly placated by this the Usia cautiously took the tiny human into her hands, her grip tenuous as she held him. “Your mother never let you handle humans?” Essira inquired.

Usia shook her head. “I have, I just needed Mom or Dad to watch me while I did. But I wanna have my own.”

Essira nodded. “They can certainly be a handful. Lot of responsibility but your mommy probably went over that.”

Usia nodded. “Y-Yes. I need to feed them, watch them, and show them who is s-sup-su” The young elf said, the clearly shy woman stuttering in a rather adorable way.

“Superior. Clearly your public speaking tutor has been slacking. Lazy old grey hair.” Idria said, stepping over to the pair.

A frown crossed Essira’s lips at that. She didn’t argue that bit, elves were certain superior to humans however she suspected her idea of showing that and Idria’s were two different things. She kept her opinions to herself and watched Usia handle the tiny human in her hands, the young elf woman lifting him up in both hands and looking at him. After a long while she shook her head and handed him back to Essira.

“No? Ah. Well, I have plenty more. Maybe let’s try a female? Generally much better choice for a first pet.” She said, guiding Usia over to the cage Idria had just been terrorizing.

“I will give you this much, Essira, they at least seem to understand their place. This one here screamed and squirmed all through my fitting, so bothersome. You should really try to expand your business to jewelry.” Idria remarked holding up her ring.

The human tamer looked at the ring set with a very tiny human, the poor man trapped by bindings of harsh metal where a gem might be. He was thin, malnourished really, and had a broken and defeated look on his face. Essira’s heart went out to the poor thing, wishing she could take him in to give all the love and care he needed. As it was however his years were to be spent as a permanent addition to Idria’s jewelry. Many elves that counted humans as their jewelry went to great lengths to keep said humans alive.

Essira kept her smile up. “Your words do me honor, councilor, and I will consider them strongly.” She answered diplomatically.

Idria gave Essira a knowing smile. “So very well spoken. You would have done well in the Citadel.”

Magic was among the many things that held little interest to Essira. A number of her friends were mages but the art itself held little to no appeal to her. She was content with her job and her choices in life. The human tamer noted that the females in her cage looked rather spooked, more so than was normal and she lifted and brow as she reached down and plucked up a little blonde haired woman. She handed her to Usia for her approval. What she didn’t see was over her shoulder the rather deliberate movements of Idria’s tongue over her lips as she leered down at the frightened female.

The tiny human whimpered and wilted away in Usia’s hands, her little heart pounding away in her chest at a hundred miles per hour. Essira frowned as she noticed her obvious fear. It certainly didn’t help matters that Usia brought her very close to her face, her breath warm upon the tiny woman. The shorter elf seemed deep in thought she considered the tiny terrified woman. After a while she finally shook her head and handed her back to Essira.

“Not her either.” She said.

Essira took her back and lightly started running her pinky down the human’s back, kissing at her crown reassuringly as she set her back into the cage. She would need to make sure she was okay after this whole thing was finished. Stress could take years off of a human’s life after all. The human tamer had never seen her act up that way; she was usually so well behaved. Essira turned back to the mother and daughter a finger on her chin.

“Hmm… well, let’s see if we can’t get something more your relative age group. I have a few darlings in the back that might work for you.” Essira suggested, leading both into the back.

Green eyes flickered over the cages set along the sides of the room, the elven woman humming as she considered what might make a good match for Idria’s daughter. She snapped her fingers and ushered them both towards a cage nearby. She picked it up and set it on a chair, giving easy access to Usia. The young elf cocked her head as she looked inside and Idria leaned over to consider the contents.

Inside was a young man physically about Usia’s age, staring up at the trio of massive figures with fear in his eyes. Essira smiled down at him before waving a hand over the cage. Not normally a sale she would make but Idria had deep purses. That and Usia seemed fairly docile as far as she could tell. She might well make a very good owner. At least that was the hope Essira held onto as she took a deep breath.

“This is Karl. His mother and father were both home bred though I ended up selling his father while the mother was bearing him. She died in childbirth sadly. I raised him myself with the help of a couple of my females. He’s a little skittish but-.”

“Him. I want him.”

Usia interrupted Essira mid explanation, her blue eyes sparkling in wonder as she peered into the cage at the tiny human. Idria smirked and flicked the cage, the tiny human crying out as the vibrations caused by that knocked him onto his backside. Essira frowned at her casual meanness but again said nothing as it wouldn’t do to offend a councilor. She was a humanitarian but she wasn’t suicidal.

“Well then you can have him. I trust he’s obedient? Knows the proper order of the world?” Idria asked the human tamer.

Essira nodded. “Very much so. He’s very sweet as well and loving to anyone close to him. Your daughter couldn’t find a better companion. I also taught him both common and elven, so he should have no problem understanding either.”

Idria nodded in approval. “Sounds excellent. Would have been better to just teach him elven though. Honestly the common tongue should die off once the last human is in bondage.”

The human tamer opened the top of the cage and offered her hand to Karl rather than respond to Idria. Usia’s eyes gleamed and she held out her hands, the shy girl's excitement palpable. Essira offered him a little kiss on the crown before showing him to both, not quite giving him to Usia just yet. Idria seemed wholly amused with the entire affair but the human tamer paid her no mind at the moment.

“Karl? Meet Usia, your new owner. Say hello!” She said encouragingly.

The tiny human managed to sit up in her palm and looked at the vastly bigger elf, swallowing hard. “H-Hello, Miss Usia.” He squeaked.

Usia smiled happily as Essira handed him to her, the young elf holding him tightly in her hands. “So polite as well, you really are an artist my dear. How much for him?” Idria said.

Essira smiled sadly as she watched Usia open her hand and start poking at Karl, giggling slightly as she tickled her new pet. Poor Karl was reduced to a laughing fit immediately. She was sad to see him go. It was always sad to see the ones she had bred and raised into adulthood go. That said however she regarded Idria fully now as she pondered over the figures in her head. Youthful ones always sold for more generally speaking and given how pleased Idria seemed she was likely to be rather generous with her coin.

“100 Ducals.” She said.

Idria mulled it over for a moment before shrugging. “Certainly. I’ll have the sum delivered later in the day. My daughter certainly seems happy at least.” She remarked.

Essira smiled widely as both mother and daughter started moving towards the door. “I always aim to please. Do tell your friends!” She called.

When the door finally closed Essira’s shoulders slumped and she headed into the front room, sinking back into one of her plush chairs with a sigh. She massaged at her temples as she came down from the headache being near Idria had given her. If arrogance was personified in anyone it would certainly be her. She looked towards the ceiling before shrugging. She supposed it didn’t matter as it was good money really. 100 Ducals for a human was certainly nothing to balk at. Still hopefully her remaining business would be a good deal less infuriating. Her thoughts turned again to that poor tiny human set into a ring and she shook her head, setting her bare feet flat upon the carpeted floor. It was unlikely as Idria was very much the rule while Essira was the exception. 

 

Twins by Inwiththebooks

Essira hummed as she flipped through her books, her quill scratching away as she edited out her stock and profits. The sale of humans was rather easy to make profits on if one was savvy and spread out their market to both breeding and taming as well. Her stock was relatively self-sustaining due to the careful breeding associated and they barely cost her much to upkeep, given their diminutive size. Of course, one had to be able to present a good product and that was what killed many businesses that tried to enter the market.

 

Any elf could swing an arm- or more often a foot- and hit a hundred battered, abused, and malnourished humans. Pitiful, often diseased little things that would be better off being put out of their misery. Useless as food and hazardous as pets, most ended up red stains under the elven race. A sad reality to someone like Essira but it helped one like her present better product. If an elf wanted a pet they wanted one that understood their place, were well trained, and overall were not much of a hassle.

 

The human breeder picked up a teacup beside her book and sipped at it daintily. She giggled slightly as she felt a gentle squirming down below, shaking her head slightly. The tall dark haired elf curled her toes slightly, bringing that squirming to a halt. The elf didn’t look down and certainly didn’t acknowledge the tiny human woman set between her toes, currently gasping and panting for the breath that had been stolen from her lungs. An unruly one, one of her more rebellious stock that had yet to be properly broken in.

 

The wriggling started again, the tiny human struggling and straining to escape the massive digits pinning her between them. She tried with all of her might, her hands pushing against the skin of Essira’s big toe. Her face was red and sweat was pouring from her brow. All her efforts earned was another clenching of the toes around her, pressing the air forcibly from her lungs though was not enough to bruise her or break bones. It was more an unconscious reaction from the human breeder, the elf not even halting in her bookkeeping as it happened.

 

She finished getting herself up to date and by that point she noted the tiny human below had fallen limp. The elf turned in her seat and extended her leg out, looking down it at the exhausted and sweaty woman set between her toes. The human was looking away from her in some weak attempt at continued defiance. Essira lifted an eyebrow at her, bobbing her foot ever so to get her to attention.

 

“Are you done having your little fit, Victoria? I hope so; I don’t enjoy this any more than you do.” The elf said, her expression stern.

 

Victoria looked fit to let loose a string of explicative words that would have seen her get better acquainted with Essira’s toes, however her expression turned thoughtful. After a few moments she lowered her head in a submissive manner, still refusing to speak. Pleased by the reaction Essira reached down and picked her up between her thumb and forefinger. Progress at last it seemed. It was always gratifying when they started to learn to submit. They were always happier for it in the long run even if it might have been against their nature to begin with.

 

As Essira returned Victoria to her cage, offering a gentle pat on the head with her pinky she heard the bell on the door ring. The elf promptly closed the cage and headed into the front room, setting a smile upon her face. Hopefully not one of Idria’s colleagues. The females she had put on display previously had to be replaced by others after the scare she had put in them. Not a fun time all said.

 

She opened the door to the front and smiled brightly. “Hello! Welcome to the Loving Arms, I’m Essira Thrani. How can I help you today?” She greeted warmly.

 

Before her were a pair of young adult elven women. Both wore grey colored robes, leather sandals and wore rings of copper around their respective ring fingers. One stood just a tad below Essira’s impressive height and had short fiery red hair with freckles dotting her face gently. The other was shorter and had a shock of white hair pulled into a ponytail, her dusky complexion marking her as a denizen of the eastern provinces. A pair of young apprentices from the Citadel from the looks of them.

 

The shorter of the pair stepped forward, a smirk on her lips. “How goes? Names Rusila and this is Viliaus. We’re looking for a couple of cuties to commemorate us getting our apprenticeships!” She said.

 

Essira clapped her hands together. “Ohhh, new apprentices at the Citadel? So exciting! What are your fields?” She asked, seizing on Rusila’s obvious pride.

 

The white haired elf nodded to her taller companion. “She’s an illusionist and I’m an elementalist. Since we got different masters we’re going to exchange pets, so we’ve always got a little piece of each other with us.”

 

Viliaus blushed. “Rusi…” She admonished weakly.

 

Essira gave her brightest smile to both of them; this was certainly a transaction she could get behind. “That’s an amazing idea! Whenever your pet gives you some love it’ll feel like it’s coming straight from your friend. And I assure you, you’ll never find any more loving than my little darlings.”

 

Viliaus cleared her throat. “Umm… I’ve never owned a human before so…”

 

A shrug followed that statement from Essira. “It is no concern at all, I’m sure your friend here can advise you and I’ll help out with whatever you might need. Now then! First of all what were you thinking you were looking for?”

 

Rusila tapped a finger to her chin. “Females. Easier for Vili to deal with and they are so much cuter. Young adults probably. Maybe sisters if you have them? Oh! Or twins!”

 

Essira laughed lightly at Rusila’s enthusiasm and she led both elves towards the back. “I just so happen to have a lovely pair of darling that will suit both of your needs.”

 

The tall elf led the pair over to a large cage with a few females milling about. The humans looked up nervously at the little humans and Viliaus returned the nervous glances, moving slightly behind her friend. The shorter elf knew no such inhibitions and leaned forward, her giant face looming above the cage as she let out a coo of delight. Her hazel eyes trailed over each one in their turn, a grin splitting her lips.

 

“They’re sooo adorable! They look so clean and tidy, not at all like the pets sold back in my province. My old girl was the thinnest thing I’d ever seen and she was so frail, but these look all healthy! What’s your secret?” She gushed.

 

Essira chuckled. “A good diet, daily exercise routines and lots of love.” She stated.

 

Rusila tugged her friend closer and pointed to a pair of humans inside. They were both huddled in the corner of the cage, brown haired and rather pretty looking identical twins. They stared up fearfully at the two new elves, holding each other. It was rare to get twins and Essira considered both to be among her favorites. What better fate for them than to get a pair of loving and caring owners? She had always wanted to sell both at once as separating them would be utterly heartbreaking.

 

“Anais and Kali. Both home bred, in house. Seen them grow for twenty years. I think you both could give them good homes.” She said.

 

Rusila looked up at Essira. “Can we hold them?”

 

“Certainly, let me get them out for you.”

 

The shadow of Essira’s hand descended upon the cage, its denizens distancing themselves from the twins. She carefully picked up both in one hand and lifted them up, kissing them both on the crown to reassure them. She handed Anais to Rusila and Kali to Viliaus. Both looked somewhat distressed to be separated from each other but did little other than shrink away in the hands of the two apprentices.

 

The pair conducted themselves quite differently. Viliaus held Kali in her open hand and regarded her carefully, receiving a similar look back. The elf gingerly extended her pinky and tapped at the top of the human’s head. Kali’s training and rearing took hold and she leaned into the caress, let out little noises of satisfaction from the attention. Viliaus managed a tiny, shy little smile as she got acquainted with the twin. Essira felt her heart melt at the tender sight.

 

Rusila, however, was far more enthusiastic about showing her affection. As soon as she had Anais in her hands she placed a big kiss right on her face, earning a dazed look from the tiny human. She then opened her palm and started tickling at her sides, the tiny human reduced to a laughing fit in seconds. Tears of mirth fell from her eyes as she writhed in Rusila’s palm, slapping her little hands in the flesh beneath her.

 

“Both are quite obedient I assure you. Very well trained and up to a variety of tasks. If you’d like you can see for yourselves.” Essira said, well aware she had her hooks in them. Now all she had to do was get them committed to the buy.

 

Rusila beamed. “I think we’d both love that, Miss Thrani.”

 

Essira chuckled, leading both by the shoulder towards the front room. “Please, my dear, call me Essira. I won’t take no for an answer there.”

 

The younger elf giggled, tucking a strand of white hair behind her ear. “Certainly, Essira. You can call me Rusi if you like then!”

 

Essira sat both down on a pair of plush chairs and pulled up one of her own. “Right, sandals off. Then set both down and just sit back and relax.”

 

Both did as they were told, though Viliaus looked a bit hesitant and unsure. Not many elves were so uncomfortable around humans. Perhaps she was a northern province girl? Essira knew well the human market rarely made it that far out. As opposed to the eastern provinces which were very much involved in the trade, though it was mostly in the food industry. Rusila seemed nice enough considering that though. Handled her pets nicely, looked to give them plenty of love. Pity she was an apprentice or Essira might consider giving her a job.

 

Essira looked down at the twins and smiled. “Well? Go on, don’t be shy. These two might be your new owners, best to make a good impression.” She said with a giggle.

 

The pair looked so much smaller upon the floor and Essira could only imagine what the world looked like from down there. They looked at each other and then headed off to their respective positions. Viliaus looked confused still while Rusila was wriggling her tanned toes in anticipation. A fairly popular treatment for humans and one of the more basic tasks they were taught.

 

Both knelt down before the feet of their respective potential owner and leaned over their big toes, tongues lolling from their mouth as they started to lick. Viliaus jolted in her seat slightly, knocking Kali upon her back. The tiny human looked up at the elf fearfully, her arms shielding her as though expecting danger.

 

“Miss Thrani, please don’t let her hurt me!” She squeaked, her sister halting and looking extremely distressed.

 

Rusila laughed and patted Viliaus’ shoulder. “Calm down, girl, they’re just giving us some love. Now look, you’ve gone and scared the poor thing. Just relax.” She admonished playfully.

 

Viliaus blushed. “I-I just wasn’t expecting it is all. I’m sorry!” She said, looking at the tiny human apologetically.

 

Essira waved a hand. “Happens all the time with first time owners. Its fine Kali, you just surprised her is all. Maybe ask her permission? So she’s ready.”

 

The tiny human swallowed hard and licked her lips, having broken out into a fearful cold sweat. “M-May I please show you my adoration, Miss?” She managed to squeak out.

 

The elf nodded hesitantly, squirming slightly in her seat. Her companion rolled her eyes at the display and leaned back in her chair, letting out a sigh of contentment as her own girl licked away. She splayed her toes slightly, allowing Anais to crawl and get in between her digits, licking at the sides of Rusila’s toes and upon her webbing. The tan skinned elf let out a coo of delight at the attention.

 

The less confident of the two looked rather nervous and wouldn’t stop shifting in her seat, confirming to Essira she was likely from a more remote province. Hard to believe there were still parts of their empire that didn’t get many humans. Though what others might see as strange Essira saw as a potential business venture. An open market was just waiting for the right person to seize it.

 

After a while though she calmed down and seemed to relax, Kali working dutifully with the occasional cautious glance upwards. She applied a generous coat of saliva on Viliaus’s toes, going so far as to get down in between them to reach the sensitive webbing. Rusila had a wide smile on her face as hers worked, her gaze upon Essira. No reason to really pay the humans much mind after all. It was their job.

 

“You know how to really seal a deal, Essira. How much for both?” She asked.

 

Essira looked down at the pair below, tapping her chin with her index finger. “Hmm… well they are twins so that rarity ups the price. Normally they’d run for 300 ducals for that reason. However, since you and your friend are so delightful, I’ll shave off 100 and say around 200 ducals would be my bottom dollar.”

 

The tanned elf thought about it for a little bit, stroking her chin as she looked at the human toiling away at her feet. She was naturally aware of what was being discussed above, she wasn’t stupid. However it wasn’t like she had agency here. She and her sister were commodities first and foremost. They could only hope that these two giant elves they granted there adoration and affection to would be kind owners.

 

“200 sounds fair I guess. What do you think, Vili?” Rusila said, looking at her companion.

 

The other elf jolted to attention, having been lost in her own little world. “Sorry, I was miles away. What was that?”

 

Rusila rolled her eyes. “Yeah, think she likes her. 200 ducals it is, 100 each.”

 

Essira waved a hand. “No need to get up and pay now. My humans have very sublime stamina, so they can keep going for a while yet. Besides, they love this. Don’t you my darlings?”

 

“Yes, Miss Thrani.” The two pipped up in unison before returning to their licking.

 

Essira laughed lightly, a clear and pure sound lacking in malice. She leaned back in her own chair and crossed her legs, bobbing her foot slightly. It was hard not to take pride in her work really. She got to work with the most darling and precious creatures that walked the earth after all. More than that though she loved meeting new people. Building connections was of paramount importance after all.

 

“In any event, where are you two headed after this?”

 

Rusila shrugged. “Dunno, I might try to talk Vili here into trying a food stand. They don’t have human anything where she’s from. Talk about deprived. Gotta get her out to experience them.”

 

“Rusi…” Came a weak admonishment.

 

“Hey, I’ve got a lot of firsts in store for you. First human pet, first human meal, and first human drinking game. Have to try everything at least once. Don’t knock it till you try it and all that.” The tan elf said.

 

Normally Essira might very well have felt off put by the whole affair but Rusila did have a point. As much as it embarrassed the peacock clad elf to admit she’d had this stage in her youth as well. Sort of a thing every youth went through. Naturally she’d disliked it immediately and never did it again but it still happened and was still an experience that had made her who she was today. Viliaus could make the choice for herself whether she liked it or not. It was simply the way of things. A person could have a taste for humans and enjoy splattering a few on pavement and still make for a decent owner. Essira had several friends that were like that. It all depended on the elf of course. She wondered what kind of elf Viliaus would be. Only time would tell. 

 

Pet Care Advice by Inwiththebooks
Author's Notes:

Last chapter of this. Was fun but best to end it before it overstays its welcome. Next story I've got planned with the setting should be a little... darker. A little more something expected of me.

As the day went on Essira found business pick up. There were a few like Idria’s daughter, young elves buying their first pets. Some were bratty and others well-mannered but the elf was as warm and polite as could be regardless of her personal opinions. Some simply came in to browse, eying the tiny humans and checking to see if there was anything they might want. A few were there to drop off their pets as they would be out of the city for a while, one or two were there for a few specialized human care supplies. Regardless of the want Essira was the picture of accommodation.

 

However, as the sun started to dip over the horizon and Essira was giving her darlings their dinner there was another jiggle of the bell upon the door. The elf lifted a brow at the noise. By the point most were heading home from work. Indeed she was just about ready to close up shop. After finishing up the feedings she walked back into the main room, setting her smile back upon her face.

 

Standing there in the front room was an elf woman likely well into her middle years. Well over seven centuries if Essira was to be the judge of such matters. Her brown hair was tied into a messy bun and she wore rather common clothing, a brown and grey tunic and a long ankle length skirt with a pair of rough and worn sandals on her feet. Her form was as voluptuous as they came, to the extent were Essira felt a tad jealous. She was rather tall as well though unlike Essira’s height it was handled more awkwardly than with any kind of poise and grace.

 

“Welcome to the Loving Arms! How can I help you this late in the day?” Essira asked, her tone as cheery as ever.

 

The mature elf woman fidgeted with her skirt for a few moments before inclining her head. “I’m sorry for coming in so late, just managed to get off of work. I’m hoping you can help with a little… problem I’m having.”

 

The woman reached into her pocket and produced a tiny human man, who started yelling and struggling pretty much immediately. “Giant cunt! Argh, let me the fuck go you knife eared bitch!”

 

Essira frowned at the stream of curses flying out of the man’s little mouth. However her frown turned to almost wide eyed shock when he went so far as to bite down on the woman’s thumb. The mature elf cried out and dropped the human. Essira reacted on instinct and had her hand between the unruly human and the floor before one could blink. Her grip was not nearly as gentle as the other elf’s, indeed it was as firm as they came and she positioned the squirming and yelling human so he couldn’t bite her.

 

Essira’s guest suckled at the flesh that had just been bitten. There was a little bit of blood drawn and skin torn. It had been a rather long while since last the human tamer had ever seen any amount of blood drawn from a human bite. She gritted her teeth and pulled out a small cage from behind her counter, dropping the unruly human inside. She produced a handkerchief and offered it out to her guest. The elf accepted it with a grateful nod and Essira led her over towards one of the chairs.

 

“Thank you, Miss.” She said as she dabbed at her thumb, biting her lower lip from the sting no doubt.

 

“Not a problem at all. I think I can guess why you’ve come in. First things first though. I’m Essira. You are?”

 

“Rukia. Rukia Nilis.”

 

“Pleasure to meet you, Rukia. Can I get you some tea?”

 

“You don’t need to bother yourself over me.”

 

Essira laughed lightly, waving a hand before her face. “Nonsense! I’d be a poor hostess if I didn’t. You sit right there and I’ll set us a nice steaming pot.”

 

A little while later, when both had their tea, Essira seated herself down next to Rukia with a genial smile upon her lips. Her eyes flicked towards the unruly human, who had taken to sulking in the corner of his cage. She sipped at her tea and pushed some of her bangs back behind her triangular ears, giving her full attention to her guest and potential customer. So what if it was close to closing time? Money was money after all.

 

Rukia took a sip and blinked. “Rich.” She remarked, looking down at the cup a little nervously.

 

A lyrical laugh escaped the shop owner. “Only the finest. Actually a human brew originally believe it or not, the little dears can make some wonderful things when they put their minds to it.”

 

The other elf nodded as she took another sip before setting her cup on the table. She took a long breath of air in through her nose and out through her mouth, likely trying to work herself up to be able to say what she needed to say. Essira found the affair amusing; she went to lengths to ensure none were nervous around her. Appeared this would be a tougher nut to crack.

 

“So, ah. He’s been like that ever since I’ve got him. My husband, he died in the war so I wanted something to keep me company. The apartment just gets so empty you know?” She started, speaking a little too quickly.

 

The peacock clad business owner gave her customer a look of sympathy and touched her arm. “Oh dear, I’m sorry to hear that.”

 

Rukia nodded. “Thank you. It was a few years ago. About a year after I got Leo there. I’ve tried everything I know to make him feel at home but nothing works. He just curses at me and tries to bite me whenever I hold him. My friend suggested putting him down but I couldn’t do that!”

 

A problem in her guest’s human care was already evident to Essira just from that. The elf set down her teacup with a resounding clink and crossed her arms under her chest. Rukia was sounding a bit like a classic doormat situation. When an elf let their human walk all over them and do whatever they want. Human cruelty was one thing, but not asserting one’s dominance over a human was the other extreme. Kali was a perfect example. That one she couldn’t do anything about but this one…

 

“Damn right I bite you, bitch! Don’t need some feather clad cunt’s intervention, let me out of this thing!” The human yelled from across the way, his voice rather high pitched.

 

Rukia looked at him in distress. “Please, Leo just try to-!”

 

The elder elf was cut off by a hand on her shoulder and Essira’s hand on her cheek. The human tamer pushed her head so she was back facing her again. Her green eyes were still warm but there was a firmness about them, the same look she used with her humans. She pointedly hadn’t so much as glanced Leo’s way through his little rant.

 

“We’re having a conversation. He’s not a part of it, Rukia.”

 

“But-!”

 

Essira squeezed Rukia’s shoulder a little. “Listen. You shouldn’t be acknowledging him like that when he does bad things or says mean things. You can’t let your human run your life, which is what it looks like he’s doing. He’s not your owner, he’s your pet. You are the mistress.”

 

Rukia bit her lower lip. “I-I don’t want to be cruel to him though.”

 

Essira shook her head slightly. “There’s a difference between cruelty and good ownership. Cruelty is abusing an otherwise obedient human for amusement or sport, good ownership is knowing when to spare the rod and spoil the pet. Sometimes you do need to break out the rod though. If you can’t do it, then leave him with me for a few weeks. When you come back he’ll be a new human.”

 

Rukia squirmed a little uncomfortably, managing to break her gaze away from the hypnotic green orbs and to her lap. She swallowed slightly, her nerves clear. Essira supposed she could relate. She hated punishing Elizabeth or indeed, any of her darlings. It needed to be done though. They were humans after all.

 

“Well… the thing is I don’t know how much I can pay you. Waiting tables doesn’t pay as well as some other things and even my late husband’s stipend isn’t substantial.”

 

Now it became clear why she looked uncomfortable and Essira laughed. “Afraid I’ll kick you out for not being able to pay? Nonsense my dear. Essira Thrani never turns aside a fellow elf in need. I can give you some advice then if you can’t pay and if you need instruction I’m always here to help.”

 

Rukia looked at Essira in surprise before wrapping a hug around her. The shop owner stiffened for a moment before patting the older elf on the back, feeling a swell in her heart. Sometimes it paid just helping people. Besides… Essira saw opportunity when it knocked and Rukia might be just what she was looking for. Of course, needed to figure out a few other matters before she made any offer.

 

The shop owner stood and picked up the cage, ignoring the screaming human inside. She set it down upon the floor before the chair Rukia sat upon. “Go ahead, prop your feet up. Must have been a long day, constantly on your feet and taking orders.”

 

A blink came from Rukia before realization dawned on her. She looked down at the cage nervously and Essira could see emotions warring inside of her. Finally, after a few moments, the busty elven tavern wench slipped her feet out of her sandals and set them upon the top of the cage. The top of the cage was smooth metal so there were no bars to dig into the soft flesh of her feet. The elf squirmed for a moment; likely fearing putting her full weight down would crush the cage but eventually managed to adjust to her new footstool.

 

Her long legs stretched out and as she curled her toes Essira could hear her joints popping slightly from much needed flexing. The shop owner gave her a nod of approval, a smile upon her lips to reassure the middle aged elf. Down below the human was screaming bloody murder, yelling every obscenity he could though as normal Essira paid such naughtiness next to zero attention. Rukia’s gaze started to trail down but Essira stopped her, wagging her finger.

 

“Remember, the elves are having a conversation. Whatever he need can wait. Now then. There are a few methods I can teach you that will help you make him more manageable. The most extreme but also most effective would be neutering. Useful if you aren’t concerned with breeding.” Essira stated, the human below falling silent at that finally.

 

Rukia frowned. “Wouldn’t that… hurt him?”

 

Essira waved a hand. “Not at all, anyone that does it would put him under first. It’s a perfectly safe, painless, and cheap procedure. Males tend to be the more aggressive and difficult to train of the species so it’s common enough. Not something I normally recommend as it’s a little extreme but in your case it might be for the best.”

 

There was a bit of silence as Rukia stared at the cage under her feet. Essira could see the gears of her mind working. She wondered if she was enjoying the silence from the human for once. Likewise she wondered if little Leo was finally getting a feel for how much he depended upon Rukia. One word from his busty owner and he was minus a few important bits with only a few coins changing hands.

 

"I’ll consider it if it’s safe. Any other methods?”

 

Essira hummed. “Well, laying down ground rules is important. Draw up a list of things he can’t do and if he violates the rules punish him. It’s a little like having a kid, only even smaller.” She said with a chuckle.

 

“What kind of rules?”

 

“Oh the normal kind, no back talk, no biting or scratching, no trying to escape, no refusing a command, ect. Have to watch out though, sometimes they feign obedience.”

 

Rukia was taking it all in, committing the words to memory it seemed. She idly scratched at one foot with the other one, shaking the cage slightly. It was more than enough to send the unruly pet within tumbling onto his rear. Unintentional on her part likely but Essira approved nonetheless. She leaned back in her chair and picked up her tea cup again, sipping at it before looking at Rukia.

 

“So tell me, how much does your current job pay?” Essira inquired.

 

The middle aged elf was drawn from her thoughts and stared at Essira. “Ummm… Something like 2 ducals a day?”

 

Essira shook her head. “Unfortunate, very unfortunate. How would you like to make triple that?”

 

Rukia stared at Essira, not comprehending obviously. “What?”

 

“Or quadruple, I’m hardly a cheapskate. I’m willing to pay for a good extra set of hands around the shop.”

 

Finally the eyes of her guest widened considerably. “Wh-why me? I mean, you just met me today!”

 

Essira waved a hand. “Technicalities. I can see you are a soul that is gentle when it comes to humans. Considering your husband died in the war to bring them to heel that is no small thing. I can train you in how to handle humans as well. I get a delightful employee; you get assistance and better pay. A win-win if you ask me.”

 

Silence hung in the air for a bit, the other elf considering the offer. Essira was hardly offended by that, it was rather sudden but she had a good feeling about this one. She had that gentle sort of charm about her, was fairly attractive, and could be trusted to not abuse her stock, everything she could look for in an employee. 8 Ducals a day was nothing to Essira, a drop in the bucket. Rukia finally looked at Essira.

 

“Can you let me think about it? It’s kind of a big decision after all.”

 

Essira smiled and patted Rukia on the arm. “Take all the time you need.”

 

With that out of the way Essira moved to her desk to scribble out a few names of some particularly good veterinarians to provide to her guest. When Rukia offered the cage back at her the human tamer waved it away with a chuckle. “Keep it. I have hundreds of the things.”

 

The elf promptly wrapped Essira in another hug, earning a pained grunt from down below. Little Leo was set between Rukia’s generous cleavage and was getting squeezed the busts of the two elven woman. The peacock clad elf’s response to that was the return the hug, pressing her breasts against Rukia’s to raise the pressure upon the tiny and unruly human just a bit. There was just a little bit of enjoyment in it from the shop owner. Mostly because she liked to imagine it was Kali down there instead. Now that would be a very, very good day when she had that spoiled noble brat trapped between her breasts. Between her toes also worked, Essira wasn’t picky.

 

“Thank you so much, for the help and the offer.”

 

Essira pulled back and smirked. “You can really thank me by coming by here tomorrow and saying yes. I’ll even throw in a free massage from my finest darlings.”

 

That earned a little smile. “You know how to drive a hard bargain.”

 

“Wouldn’t be in business if I didn’t.”

 

With those goodbyes said Essira waved Rukia walk out, noting her steps were just a little surer of themselves. She sighed. Just another days work really at the Loving Arms. 

 

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=5462