A Gilded Cage is Still a Cage by Dkaye11
Summary:

The giants and humans originally coexisted peacefully, each race sticking to their own territories. However, conflicts began over resources, and the giants nearly wiped the humans out. In order to prevent their extinction, the giants moved the humans to reservations, and walled them in so that no further conflicts would come about. Hundreds of years have passed, and still humans have no way of countering this giant menace. Atleast, not until Rageus came along.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Categories: Gentle, Giantess, Adventure, Butt, Body Exploration, Crush, New World Order, Violent Characters: None
Growth: Titan (101 ft. to 500 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: FM/m
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 6043 Read: 39482 Published: March 20 2014 Updated: August 11 2014
Story Notes:

(My past story was difficult to connect to and thus difficult to write, so I am starting anew with hopefully a more interesting setting and characters.)

1. The Dream of Freedom by Dkaye11

2. First Encounter by Dkaye11

3. The Barren Plain by Dkaye11

4. Learning by Dkaye11

The Dream of Freedom by Dkaye11

Rageus stood before the towering tree and braced himself. He glanced to his right and left at his squadmates, sharing their apprehension, then he lept. He soared hundreds of feet into the air, narrowly missing the branches of the trees. Then, at the peak of his jump, he spread his arms and slowed his descent until he landed gracefully on the tallest branch of the tree. In front of him stretched human territory. Green trees dotted the landscape surrounding a crystal clear lake. He grinned as he looked down at the height he jumped and thought to himself “this is how we will defeat the giants.”

Rageus was an orphan. At a young age he had watched both of his parents get killed in a raid by a rival kingdom for food. He had stared in horror as the man cut them each down with one stroke, before punching Rageus in the face and knocking him unconscious. Rageus grew up in an orphanage, and thought of little except for that day. He did not blame the man who killed his parents, nor the kingdom who sent the men. The only thing he blamed was the giants. They had locked humanity in a cage, and forced them into conditions in which resources were scarce and killed over. He vowed early on that he would help to liberate humanity from these walls. That was his sole purpose.

When he turned 16, he joined the army and excelled in sword-fighting and strategy. His superiors took notice, and recruited him for a special program they were developing in which they hoped to create a method to combat the giants. The alchemists had developed a brew which would dramatically increase the strength of a human, to the point in which they could leap hundreds of feet. The potions also gave humans the ability to slow their descent with the will of their minds, making it so their legs did not shatter upon impact. Swords were created with alchemical potions mixed with the molten metal, rendering the steel light enough to carry huge blades, and strong enough to easily slice through giant flesh and bones. 1 in 3 who drank the brew managed to survive the immense physical transformation, and those survivors became the perfect tool for fighting giants.

Rageus was 18 now, and his handsome appearance had been slightly damaged by some scars he received in battling other kingdoms. His jaw was slightly askew due to a blow from a sword pommel he once got, and his right eye had a scar leading down from it due to a blade slash. His hair had turned pure white after he had drunk the potion, and draped down past his clean shaven face to his shoulders. He was rather short, but extremely muscular due to the training he had received as well as the potions natural boost to strength. His eyes were harsh, the eyes of someone who had seen one too many people die, either by his hands or anothers. They contained a silent fury, and all that was directed towards the giants.

He glanced down at his squadmates, who hadn’t made it quite as high as him, and grinned smugly at them. Everyone knew he was the most skilled soldier amongst those who drank the potion, and Rageus saw no use in false modesty. Then he glanced back towards the scenery and stare at the wall looming menacingly in the distance. The black stone behemoth towered over all of the human territory, and reminded everyone daily of their entrapment. Rageus glared at this menace, this symbol of the cage that was his life, and felt absolute hatred.

There was a call from below, so he leapt down and landed gracefully at the base of the tree. A messenger had arrived by horse and was speaking to Commander Harr. The commander beckoned him over and Rageus complied.

“You are to report immediately to the South Gate,” Harr grunted.

Rageus was shocked. No one ever went to the gates except for the Patrolmen, and they were an elite and mysterious group that he had never encountered. He saluted Harr, got on the back of the messengers horse, and rode away, his mind wandering to all the potential reasons behind this strange order.

The trip was uneventful, with the messenger never saying a word. They arrived within 20 minutes, and Rageus dismounted and went inside the fort next to the gate. He entered a dark room, dimly lit by torches, and walked towards the large table in the center. At its head, to Rageus’s shock, sat King Tarius of Webern, his kingdom. Around the table sat two other soldiers who he was unfamiliar with.

“Ah, Rageus,” the King’s low voice boomed out. “Come. Sit. Now that you are here we can begin talking.” The king gestured to the red-headed, tall man to Rageus’s right. “Here we have Dunsil, the most skilled warrior from the southern anti-giant forces.” He gestured to Rageus. “Here we have Rageus, the most skilled warrior from the northern anti-giant forces.” He pointed to the hooded figure. “And here we have Shadow, the most skilled warrior from the central anti-giant forces.”

The King paused, and took a deep breath before continuing. “You have all been called here today for a very important mission, and it is because you are the best that you were chosen. We have been training for two years now with our experimental anti-giant forces, however, we do not know anything about the giants, or what life outside the wall is like. You three are to scout out the surrounding area, and learn of the number of soldiers they have, their strength and how we can deal with them. Should any giant oppose you, you are to engage with all your might, and you shall determine whether or not all of the training has given humans a way to fight the giants. Any questions?”

There was complete silence at first, with the significance of the mission sinking into the minds of the three soldiers. To say Rageus was nervous would be an understatement, he would be one of the first humans to even attempt fighting a giant, he still didn’t know if all of his skills even gave him a chance at defeating one.

Finally, Shadow raised his hand. “How are we to get outside the wall,” he asked in a quiet, monotonous voice.

The king grinned at this. “We have been digging under the wall, unbeknownst to the giants, for close to 8 years now. We have created a passage to the other side, and have a concealed entrance through which you are to exit and return, if all goes well.”

The king paused for more questions, but seeing none, he said “Very well. You are to report to the barracks to collect your supplies at 6:00 am tomorrow. Get some sleep and prepare yourselves.

The next day, Rageus was standing at the exit to the tunnel, a heavy pack on his shoulder and his new squadmates on either side of him. He glanced nervously at each of them, then prepared himself to exit the tunnel. He was about to enter the territory of his most hated foe, one that he had never even seen.

“Well,” Dunsil said, in a rather high voice. “We’re fucked.”

 

End Notes:

Sorry that the paragraphs are not indented. The story did not transfer well from the word document. Please let me know what you all think, your feedback not only helps me write better, but also inspires new things to occur in my story.

First Encounter by Dkaye11
Author's Notes:

The last chapter was just short introduction. This is where the story actually starts to develop. Enjoy.

Rageus hated his companions. As they strode through the gigantic trees (before the wall was built, the world contained biomes tat were human scaled and biomes that were giant scaled. Since the walls constuction, the only human scaled biomes that remained were within its constraints) Rageus became more and more agitated with their many shortcomings. He had been told by the king that the best had been selected for this mission, and he knew that there was no question that he was superior to all the rest, but are these other two the best?

Shadow was an incompetent simpleton. He was short, with black bangs hanging down past the hood that obsured most of his face. His eyes were the only thing completely visible, and they were grey and constantly flickering around, as if he did not know what he was supposed to be looking at. He lacked the mental capacity to speak more than a few words at a time, and it was as if he was incapable of possessing any intelligence. 

A silent and dumb person Rageus could cope with on his own, but Dunsil was the opposite. He never would shut up. Always he spoke about how he climbed trees way taller than these back home, or of his many romantic conquest, which Rageus found hard to believe. Dunsil was tall and broud where Shadow was short and thin. His belly pushed at his belt, threatening to snap it loose with every breath, and his face was square and wide, with a large, round nose taking up the center of it. His appearance would have been comical if Rageus weren't so infuriated at his constant, useless talking. 

Dunsilt was, at that point, in the middle of describing his wrestling match with the largest human alive. "Me arms were locked 'round 'is waist, barely reaching," he said. "I ha' no more strength left, when I saw the face o' the most loverly dame I ever saw. It was 'er looks what gave me the energy to lift him high in the air, then..." His story was cut off by a loud thump that shook the ground.

Without another word, Rageus and the others leapt onto some tree branches high above the ground, then waited. Rageus was watching the ground when he felt his stomach sink. Below them were three giants, obviously soldiers with their weapons, and their size shocked Rageus beyond belief. These were the monsters he had sworn to kill, these gigantic beings whose ankles he would most likely barely reach. Their swords were large enough to slice through a castle, their armor thick enough it would be nigh impenetrable. The branch started shaking, and it took Rageus a second to realise it was him trembling in fear.

Suddenly, he felt a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He looked, and saw Shadow's eyes gazing at him with a calm reassurance, as if saying that he understood Rageus's fear, and that he need not face it alone. Without any words spoken between them, Shadow had gone from a quiet idiot in Rageus's eyes to a calm and thoughtful companion, the kind of relationship only mutual fear could create. 

The giants were walking away, and Rageus thought that things were in the clear, but he had always been unlucky. A bird or some other creature moved above them, shaking the branches and creating a racket. One of the giants turned and said to the others "I think we just found dinner." As his eyes scanned the trees for the creature, they glanced over three, small figures. Rageus stared at him, and he stared back for a second, before uttering "What the f..."

The humans had by then leapt from the trees, with Rageus heading towards the giant who spotted them, and Shadow and Dunsilt heading for the others. Rageus unsheathed his blade, adjusted his orientation mid air and prepared to swing all within a second, just like his training had taught him. His momentum combined with the speed of his swing carried his blade through the giant's neck, carving through his flesh and throat with ease. Rageus landed on the ground, and turned to make sure his target was neutralized.

The giant had a look of utter shock in his eyes, which transformed into one of pure terror. He slumped to the ground, grabbing at his neck as if trying the stop the crimson flow. He shuddered on the ground a few times, incomprehensible garbling noises emitting from his torn throat, before he shuddered and was still.

Rageus's blood had been pumping, his adrenaline flowing, but the site before him was chillingly similar to how his father had looked when he had been cut down. The fear in the young giants sightless eyes, who couldn't have been older than Rageus, made him sick to his stomach. He glanced down at his blade and arms, which were absolutely drenched in blood. He couldn't tell if it was his or the giants. Was this corpse the monster he had spent his life hating?Were these giants that different from humans?

The sound of steel slicing through air brought his attention upwards, and he stared emotionlessly at the blade that another giant was swinging towards him. "Well," Rageus thought. "My goal has always been to kill a giant, so atleast I die having accomplished that." Suddenly, a black figure was swooping through the air between him and the blade. There was a sharp clang, and the sword slashed harmlessly into the ground to Rageus's right.

Shadow then leapt from the blade to the giants head, and plunged his sword through his skull and into his brain, killing him instantly.

It took Rageus a few seconds to realise he was still alive. After resigning himself to death, the relief he felt at being alive made his legs crumple, and he fell to the floor. He glanced around, and saw Dunsilt laying on the ground and clutching at a slash on his leg. Behind him was the corpse of the third giant, sprawled against a tree. "So it was Dunsilt's giant who had almost killed me," Rageus thought, yet he felt no anger. You can't blame a man for getting injured in a fight, and he was still alive. All was well. 

He heard Shadow approaching him, so Rageus rolled over and extended his arm. Shadow clasped it and helped him up, then the two of them walked towards Dunsilt.

"What happened," Shadow asked quietly as he helped Dunsilt up in a similar fashion."

"Bloody bastard had a fuckin' sharp necklace, an' it sliced my leg as I swung at 'im," Dunsilt said, then spat at the ground next to him. "Fuckin' dame should be the only ones wearin' necklaces."

The three of them took a few minutes to sift through the corpses, a hard task at their size, and bind Dunsilt's cut, which was thankfully rather shallow, before heading out. They walked in silence for a while, Dunsilt not being so chatty after that fight.

Rageus was confused. His entire life he had seen these giants as monsters, murderers, beings completely different from humans. Yet he had just witnessed them exemplfying a very human trait. Fear. They valued their lives as much as he did, and they bled the same crimson he did. Were they his enemy.

Yes. He knew they still were. Regardless of how humanlike they were, humanity was still trapped by them. Rageus looked around him, taking in the feeling of freedom, of not being confined within walls. This was what he was fighting for, so that every human could experience this. The giants were no longer monsters in his eyes, but they were still the enemy.

Shadow was walking alongside him, and Rageus thought about how wrong his first impressions of him were. He was a highly skilled fighter, capable of killing two giants with ease. He was also extremely reliable, not only comforting Rageus when he needed it but also saving his life. Rageus could now see the intelligence in his eyes, the constant glancing not being because of stupidity. It was as if he was constantly analyzing everywhere they went, checking for vantage points, hiding places and places to jump off of should a fight come. Rageus respected him.

The trio then saw a large, brown mass looming in front of them, so they approached cautiously.  They discovered it was a building, gigantic in scale, made of wood and glass. In front of it, two giants, both female, were having a loud argument. One of them was most likely the mother, with long brown hair and a rather plain face. She was taller than the other, and it looked as if she was talking down to her.

The girl she was arguing, on the other hand, was beautiful. She had long and flowing black hair, that seemed to glow like the night sky. Her eyes were bright green, and could easily be seen from this distance. Her lips were large and full, furiously seperating and reconnecting as she yelled. Her nose was a bit too small for her face, but it resulted in her looking more like a lovely girl rather than one of Dunsilt's "dames." Her figure was fit and short, or at least shorter than the other woman. She had rather large breasts, which Rageus admired for a while, as well as a slim waist and wide hips. She was one of the most beautiful girls Rageus had ever seen.

The argument appeared to be heating up as they watched, with the gesutres of each of the giants getting more and more animated. Rageus was about to suggest they move on when the older one grabbed a necklace from the girls neck and flung it towards them. Rageus had no time to react before the giant metal object smashed into him and sent him sprawling to the ground next to it. The pain in his chest was unbearable, he could barley breathe. He saw the older giant walking away angrily from the house, then felt the ground start to shake as the younger one approached. He realised with horror that she was most likely looking for her neckalce, which he was laying right next to.

Shadow ran over to help him up, but Rageus knew he wouldn't be able to walk, let alone run. "GO," he yelled. Shadow shook his head, still coming towards Rageus. "Someone needs to report our mission to the king! Humanities freedom is relying on this! Leave me and go!" Shadow shook his head again, but then realised that the girl was very close.

He looked at Rageus one more time. "Stay alive. We'll come back to help you," he said. Rageus smiled sadly, knowing there was no way they would be able to help him. Shadow and Dunsilt then dissapeared into the woods, and Rageus heard a loud gasp come from above him. He looked up, and saw her kneeling face looming over him, taking up his entire field of vision. Her eyes met his, green as the leaves around them. Then Rageus blacked out.

 

End Notes:

Please review! I need your opinions in order to write to my best ability!

The Barren Plain by Dkaye11
Author's Notes:

I'm back. Sorry about the delay. I am attempting a more sophisticated writing style. Tell me what you think please.

Warm. The warmth radiates throughout the body. Warmth is everywhere. Hands are warm, legs are warm, the world is warm.

Heat. Everything is too warm. Discomfort. Why is there so much heat? 

Burning. Engulfed in fire. Agony. Need water!

Rageus opened his eyes, his throat dry and his lips cracked. He wheezed in the thick, warm air. Where am I, he thought. All around him stretched an expanse of brown. Barren, dry dirt covered the landscape as far as he could see, the terrain expanding in a uniform level. No hills, no valleys. Nothing except the brown. So much brown.

"Beautiful," a voice whispered, the sound seeming to echoe throughout the air, coming from everywhere yet nowhere.

"Who's there," Rageus exclaimed, turning franticly to catch sight of the speaker.

"You're asking the wrong question Rageus," the voice answered in a mocking tone. It sounded like hundreds of people speaking in unison, each with their own pitch and sound. "The question is, who are you?"

 

"Show yourself!"

Then Rageus saw it. A white silhouette approaching from the distance. It appeared to be human, yet had no features. Just whiteness.

"Do you have an answer yet Rageus," the being asked as it approached. "Do you know who you are?"

"What manner of creature are you," Rageus spat, as he slowly began to back away.

"You would speak in such a manner to you mother Rageus?" The white being began to take on a new form. Features began to develop, and it began to shorten. Suddenly, Rageus's mother was standing before him.

"M-Mother?" Rageus was baffled. He had watched her die. He had seen her sightless eyes. How was she here.

"Not quite," his mother's face answered, still speaking in the strange voice. Suddenly, it was his father that he was staring at. Then his commander. "I can take on many forms, be many things."

"What are you," Rageus whispered. He was trembling with an uncontrollable fear. This being had an aura of power, power so strong that he felt it encroach on him. His breathing became shallow, and his legs began to tremble.

"We have no name. We have no identity. We are simply the keepers of balance."

"What do you mean?"

"Balance. Without it, the universe would crumble. Life would vanish. We maintain it. We keep balance so that Life can go on. And right now, the balance of your personality is in peril."

"W-What?"

"You, Rageus, are the key to a balanced future for you world. Balance can exist in many ways. Your world may be balanced by maintaining the isolation between the giants and the humans, or it may be balanced by one side wiping the other out. There may be balance by establishing peace, or they may be balance by destroying everyone. You are the balancer of your realm. You are the one who will determine how balance is made."

"Why me," Rageus demanded. "What have I done to warrant such a burden?"

"You were born. No one controls the universe. It was simply your fate to be born with this responsibility. The why is unimportant however. Now the balance is at risk."

"What's wrong?"

"You are torn. The views you have held your entire life have been shed in a new light in a matter of minutes. You do not know what you desire anymore. If you cannot redetermine your ideas, this internal conflict will destroy you, and your world will be destroyed by the imbalance that follows."

"So what can I do!?"

"We have come to you to warn you. You must decide what you want, and it must be before the humans leave the walls. You must believe whole-heartedly in whatever you set your mind to, or else you wil not succeed. This is your duty."

And with that the being began to dissipate into the air. 

"Wait," Rageus cried out. "How do I do that?! What path should I take?!"

"Do not ask us. Ask yourself. Our time is up. Awaken."

 

Rageus sat up suddenly, breathing heavily and sweating profusely. Instantly he felt a sharp pain in his side. He looked down to see a poorly wrapped bandage around his waist, with a large crimson patch on its right side. Suddenly, he remembered why he was injured there, and what had happened before he passed out. He struggled to get up, to find somewhere to hide, but he found his legs trapped under some soft white sheets, the sweat causing them to cling to his bare skin.

Recognizing the futility in acting out of blind panic, Rageus breathed deeply a few times to calm himself, then looked around. He was in a dark chamber. Far in the distance he saw a wooden wall looming high above him. To his right was a large wooden table with two chairs, and to his left was a window, beams of moonlight piercing through it and into the room. Rageus himself was on what he thought to be another table. The white cloth over his lower body was identical to the cloth he found himself laying on. He was wearing nothing but undergarments, and he couldn't see his equipment anywhere.

Rageus realized he was far too injured to risk leaping, and without his equipment he was as good as dead should he escape. He lay back down, the pain proving too much for him, and attempted to think of a plan.

He did not know how much time passed by before he heard the loud footsteps, accompanied by the creaking of floorboards. Rageus knew what they meant, so he shut his eyes and feigned sleep. This giant had clearly bandaged him and put him in a bed, so he felt her intentions were not bad. Still, he didn't want to take any risks.

He heard the door slowly open, followed by the sound of the footsteps approaching him. When the sound stopped, he felt small gusts of warm wind wash over him, and knew that the giant was close enough for him to feel its breathe.

Suddenly, a loud, feminine voice whispered right next to him. "I know you're awake," it said. "You're too tense and breathing to swiftly to be asleep."

Rageus was surprised by her observational skills, but decided it was useless to feign sleep. He sat slowly and opened his eyes. Then his jaw dropped.

In front of him were gigantic, startlingly green eyes. They stared at him, and he felt as if they were boring into his soul. Black, beautiful hair cascaded around a glowing, beautiful, tan face. Gigantic lips, large enough to consume him, were forming a smile. Rageus had never felt so terrified by something so beautiful.

"Hello," the giant whispered. "Are you feeling okay?"

Rageus nodded dumbly, unable to do anything else. 

"I am so sorry that I did this to you," the giant said sadly. "It's such a relief that you're okay. I don't know what I would've done had the injuries been any worse." She paused to see if he would speak, then kept going after he didn't. "You're a human, right?"

Rageus nodded again.

"No one has seen your kind in such a long time. We believed that you all lived inside the walls. How did you get here?"

Rageus just stared at her, knowing he couldn't answer the question even if he was capable of speaking. It was a secret that the humans could escape.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My names Katarina, but you can call me Kate." She smiled at him, with the most lovely, inviting smile Rageus had ever seen. "What's yours?"

End Notes:

Please review, I love feedback.

Learning by Dkaye11
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took so long for this chapter. I don't have much time to write.
Rageus realized that he had nothing to fear from this girl, and felt foolish for his fear in front of her.

"Rageus," he mumbled. "My name is Rageus."

Kate smiled down at him, her green eyes filled with joy.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Rageus," she said. "So how was it that a human came to be in these lands?"

Rageus paused to think of a plausible lie. He could not reveal his mission. Looking down at his bandages, he realized there was an easy excuse.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "The last thing I remember before waking up is sitting in my home. How did this happen to me," he asked, gesturing at his injury.

Kate's smile fell as he asked this. "That would be my fault. My mother threw my necklace during a fight we were having, and it hit you. I'm so sorry for any pain you feel."

Rageus looked into her eyes and saw that she was entirely sincere. It touched him how caring this girl was, but he saw something else behind those eyes. A clever, knowing stare that told him she knew he was lying about his memory loss, but she was letting it be for now. He also would let it be, until it was hopefully forgotten.

"It's not your fault," Rageus said. "You didn't throw it, and you had no way of knowing I was there."

Kate looked relieved that he was not upset, and her smile quickly returned. "You must be hungry," she said. "I'll bring some food and then you can rest more."

With that, she stood up and began walking out of the room. Rageus took this time to admire the way her hips swayed, as well as the perfect curve and tone of her butt. She was really the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

She brought him some bread and meat, which he quickly devoured. It was decent food, and he had been hungrier than he thought. Kate then left to let him rest, giving him time to think on his present situation.

He realized that he was too injured to leave, and even with his quickened healing due to the potion, he would not be ready to leave for another few days. He also realized that he was in no danger with Kate. Never had he so quickly taken a liking to a person as he did to Kate, her personality and beauty made her instantly trustworthy.

Rageus decided that he would stay with her until he was healed, then leave to complete the mission. He would discreetly ask about the location of his gear and their location relative to the human city, then slip out unnoticed once he was recovered. With this in mind, Rageus passed into a deep sleep. The warning of The Order Keepers slowly fading from his thoughts.


Rageus awoke the next morning after a deep, peaceful sleep. He sat up, and already felt his injury recovering. There was little pain when he moved, and he was breathing a lot more easily.

He heard what sounded like clanging pots coming from outside his room, so he decided to leap to discover the source. He braced his legs, then launched himself from the table. The second he landed, he regretted his decision. He felt a crushing pain on his side as the force of the impact shocked his wound. He fell to the ground, shouting out in pain.

The clanging of the plates stopped, and Rageus could hear footsteps approaching the door. Kate burst in, a concerned look on her face, and quickly saw Rageus on the ground. She rushed over and gently scooped him up, her warm, pillowy hands making Rageus feel safe.

"Oh Rageus," she said with a concerned voice. "Are you alright?"

Rageus took a moment to slow his breathing, the feeling of being held by a giant causing an unnatural fear that he quickly repressed.

"I'm alright," he said. "Just fell off the table."

Kate looked shocked. How could he have survived such a long drop, especially in his injured state? She decided to examine his wound again to see how badly the fall had worsened it.

"Well it's good that your okay," Kate said, putting on a fake smile to hide her concern. "Do you mind if I swap your bandages now that you're awake. Those ones are looking rather dirty."

"Sure," Rageus said. He was distracted by the fact that she could hear him over the sound of the plates from another room. These giants had very sensitive hearing. He would need to report this to the general so they could better plan ambushes.

Kate slowly began unwrapping the bandages from Rageus while he appeared to be lost in thought, and gasped at what she saw. His wound was mostly healed! An injury that bad would have taken months to heal on a giant, and incapacitated them for Atleast a few weeks, yet Rageus was almost fully recovered. Kaye began to wonder who this human was.

Rageus didn't notice her gasp, so she quickly rewrapped him in new bandages. "Alright," she said. "Are you hungry?"

Rageus nodded, feeling like he hadn't eaten in weeks. She then carries him to the kitchen, her hand staying in close proximity to her chest. Rageus couldn't help but feel excitement at his proximity to her ample breasts, and he admired them as they swayed with her steps. Kate didn't notice, she was too lost in her thoughts of Rageus's superhuman capabilities.

She placed him on her kitchen table, then went to grab the breakfast she had been preparing. Rageus looked around at the room he was in. There was a large window on the far wall, with a lovely view of the surrounding woods and the morning sky. To the right was a fire place with metal plates above for cooking. To the left was a cupboard for cutlery as well as a kettle.

Kate came back with a plate of eggs and some bread. She separated small portions for Rageus and put them on the side of her plate. They both enjoyed their breakfast in silence, then Kate went off to a wash basin Rageus hadn't noticed before to clean the plates.

When she came back to the table, Kate sat down and stared expectantly at Rageus. "So," she asked. "I'm very curious. What is life like in a human city?"

Rageus was caught off guard by the suddenness of the question. He thought for a minute about how to go about answering the question, then decided to tell her how life really was. Kate had been so nice to him, he saw no reason to lie to her more than he had to.

"The walls are a prison," Rageus said sadly. "Humans are forced into a small territory, with limited resources. This leads to many different kingdoms forming with constant fighting amongst themselves. War is common, and everyone has lost Atleast one person they cared about. I was orphaned at a young age due to another kingdoms raid, and I was raised to be a soldier."

"I trained to be a Peace Keeper. A soldier that doesn't fight for any kingdoms, but rather defends the innocent during the many wars. I am a captain of my soldiers, and we have grown up together, like family. I don't know how I got out of the walls, but I wish to return."

Kate had been silent during his entire story. She had never thought that life in the walls was bad. They were always taught that the walls were built to create a paradise for the humans, that they protected them, not trapped them. This was troubling news.

She knew Rageus was lying during his last part of the story, about how he doesn't know how he got out the walls. This meant he was hiding something, and she couldn't return him to his home without finding out what it is first. The risk would be too great.

"That is a sad tale," Kate said sincerely. "Do you wish to know about life outside the walls?" Rageus nodded. "Well, we giants are united under one Emperor, Fillan Turock. He is a harsh ruler, but he rules well. His army is vast and keeps his reign throughout the lands. My father is a captain as well, in the army in charge of this region. The citizens of the empire are taxed fairly by the Emperor, and there has been no war under his rule in 20 years. I'm a tailor, and I work in this small village. Life is simple and easy."

Rageus nodded, taking in her information about the emperor and his army. It sounded to him if they could assassinate this man, the empire would be thrown into chaos, and the army into disarray. Useful information.

"Oh my," Kate said. "That reminds me, I must be off to work. Are you okay staying here by yourself?"

"Ya," Rageus said. "I need to rest anyways. Thank you for a lovely breakfast."

Kate smiled, then gently placed her palm in front of him, offering him a ride. She realized that he might not like being grabbed and picked up without permission. Rageus recognized her consideration for his own comfort, and smiled appreciatively at her. He found himself liking this woman more and more. Kate looked at his smiling face, and noticed for the first time his attractiveness, his white hair framing his handsome face. But he was a human. She could never be attracted to someone so small.

She took Rageus over to his bed, then waved goodbye as she left the house, making sure to lock the door. She didn't know how other giants would react to a human, so she decided to play it safe.

Rageus sat down and started to meditate. He began to clear his mind and think about his situation. Just as he was about to reach mental peace, he heard what sounded like a metal clink right in front of him. He opened his eyes, and saw a human standing right before him. He jumped up in shock.
End Notes:
Please leave feedback.
This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=4116