Rise of the Nephilim by Amateur Wordsmith
Summary:

Thousands of years ago a powerful and highly advanced civilization attempts to retrieve one of its most prized possessions from the surface of a planet inhabited by a race of giants.


Categories: Giantess, Teenager (13-19), Adventure, Young Adult 20-29 Characters: None
Growth: Titan (101 ft. to 500 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: F/m
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 28165 Read: 49163 Published: July 26 2013 Updated: July 22 2014
Story Notes:

A Warning to the reader. This is not a smut story, if you are looking for copious levels of smut than you will be disappointed.


1. Prologue by Amateur Wordsmith

2. The Giant Girl and Her Master by Amateur Wordsmith

3. The Walk Part 1 by Amateur Wordsmith

4. The Walk Part 2 by Amateur Wordsmith

5. Survival Training by Amateur Wordsmith

6. Survival Training Pt. 2 by Amateur Wordsmith

7. Escape From the Burning Sky Palace by Amateur Wordsmith

8. Into the Arid Wastes by Amateur Wordsmith

9. Marching On by Amateur Wordsmith

10. Bonus Chapter: Nephilim Dictionary by Amateur Wordsmith

Prologue by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

 

this story has a star wars beginning.

__________________________________________________________________________

 

               37,000 years ago a powerful and extremely advanced space-faring civilization known as Atlantis fought a devastating civil war over the issue of leadership and the future of the human race. In the end the rebellion was crushed and more than 1/3 of the population was either killed or banished.



               At the center of this war was ‘The Axiom’, an all-powerful device created to both safeguard their dominance over the galaxy and to grant them godlike power and
immortality. During the final days of the revolution it was lost over the surface of a distant planet where it laid undisturbed for the remainder of the war.



               Now, many years later with a second rebellion beginning the government seeks to reclaim the device before they, and possibly the rest of the galaxy are annihilated by war.



________________________________________________________________________________



               “So. Now do you understand senators?” said a man named Yesod, a high ranking officer in the Atlantian military.



               “Yes. We acknowledge and understand the threat at hand, and so we have come to the conclusion that The Axiom must be reclaimed as soon as possible.”  Said an elderly looking senator. “However, you have yet to address how you plan to accomplish this.”



              “Simple.” He addressed to the crowd in a calm voice while pacing up and down the reflective metal floor of the auditorium. “We will send a single soldier to the surface of the planet to retrieve it. I believe you are familiar with the boy who ended the first rebellion.”



              “The one named Michael?” questioned a member of the senate suspiciously.



              “The very one. You see senators after he single handedly defeated the rebel leader in combat he became a symbol of hope for those still loyal to Atlantis, thus temporarily quelling any hope of another rebellion.” Said Yesod.



              “However, despite us obliterating the previous rebel army there are still those who actively resist our rule. It seems that although we destroyed the actual rebellion their ideas perpetuate the impressionable minds of the post-war youth, who now, ironically in greater numbers than the previous rebellion seek to oppose us.” Continued Yesod.



              “I believe if we put The Axiom in Michael’s hands then any hope of rebellion will be permanently destroyed, and this way we can both maintain our rule and safeguard the galaxy as we were meant to do so.” Explained Yesod.



              “Interesting speech Seraphim Yesod, but I cannot help but question why the need for such a complicated endeavor? Could you not simply land on the planet and deactivate and retrieve The Axiom? Why the need for one of our best soldiers?” Criticized a younger looking senator in the front row.



              “Once again, simple. The planet where it has landed in incredibly hostile, and no man other than Michael could possibly survive.” Scowled Yesod intensely towards the now even more skeptical senator.



              “Preposterous! We are Atlantians. Thanks to our science and technology every member of the human race under our rule can manipulate matter and energy with merely a thought.” Spoke the young senator passionately as he casually snapped his fingers causing an empty chair in the rear row to hover high in the air before slowly falling back perfectly into place. “I find it hard to believe that any primitive life form could possibly harm one of us, we are simply too advanced, too powerful.”



              “Are we?” said Yesod with an arrogant smirk “Very well then, bring her in” he shouted towards a guard in front of an enormous white metal door.



              The guard entered a code into a computerized monitor on the wall causing the door to slide into the wall with a metallic whooshing noise. The guard stepped far away from the doorway, and retreated into the back row. Then four fingers each one easily as large as a human body harshly gripped the doorway. The entire room shook slightly as this massive creature, whatever it was dragged itself closer to the room.



              “What is that thing?” cried a member of the crowd as she along with the rest of the senate fled to the back of the room shocked at the size of this creatures limbs.



              “Keyla. Please come inside and introduce yourself.” Said Yesod to whatever lurked behind the door.



              The room shook as it struggled to its knees and dragged its behemoth figure into the senatorial chambers. The sound of her labored breathing echoed across the room making it seem as though the planet itself was breathing.



               “I…I can’t believe it. Is…Is it human?” Said the young senator from before who
rather than flee to the rear of the chamber with the rest sat dumbfounded at what to him seemed like some kind of illusion.



                Yesod simply smirked satisfied that everything was going according to plan “No my friend it is not, however it is intriguing how eerily similar this creature is to us.” 



                In the center of the room, taking up more than half of the floor was a gigantic brown hair girl with dark tanned skin. Her massive lean figure towered over the young senator who shriveled back in his chair with fear. Noticing this, the building sized girl leaned forward over him captivated by the sight of a small person. With her pointer finger she poked him in the stomach causing him to fall out of his chair.



                The young man gripped his stomach which felt as if someone had punched him in the gut. “Gr…Gre…Greetings friend.” Said the young senator whose fear was making it difficult for him to maintain his normally stoic composure.



                 The girl glared at him with amber eyes larger than his head. In her pupils he could see a reflection of his own face; now struck with fear. Warm damp air blasted past the young man when she breathed, and in the corner of her mouth was a small trail of drool.



                 
                   “Keyla?” the young senator questioned curiously.



                  Her eyes widened and her huge hands clenched into powerful fists upon hearing her own name. Her face contorted into a very threatening look of lust. She arched her spine and raised herself off her knees and onto her toes; her mouth opened wide and revealed two rows of brutal looking teeth along with an enormous pink tongue which glittered slightly with saliva. She looked like a lion about to pounce, and everyone in the room cringed as they realized what she was about to do.



                 
“Keyla!” shouted Yesod sternly. “Bad Keyla. He is not food. Now Keyla, go.”



                   At the sound of Yesod’s voice the girl obediently returned to a sitting position. Angry at what had happened she pursed her lips with disappointment and folded her arms across her bare breasts.



              “Keyla! I am not going to tell you again. Go.” He repeated with a slight hint of anger while pointing towards the door to illustrate his demand.



            A loud but feminine growl could be from the gargantuan girl as she crawled towards the door leaving behind a trail of dirt and frizzy hair. As the monstrous woman reached the edge of the doorway she turned around slightly and licked her lips hungrily at the comparatively morsel sized people cowering behind their decorated chairs.



             “So? Has the counsel reached a verdict on my plan?” said Yesod with hubris.



*****



[3 months later]



               “I see Michael so that’s how you defeated him. Amazing!” Praised a nearby soldier.



               “It was nothing really. He simply wasn’t very good at maneuvering his ship while in atmosphere. Now, if we were in the dead of space then I’d be dead.” Explained Michael who upon finishing his story took a large chug of purplish alcohol from a circular glass container.



               “Now all of you go… run laps or something, I need time to think to myself.” Said Michael dismissively before turning towards the starboard window of the carrier vessel.



               His name was Cherubim Michael Binah, otherwise known as the man credited with ending the costliest war in human history thus far. Standing at roughly 6’3 with blonde hair and dark blue eyes he was also considered quite handsome despite the many scars and burns adorning his skin.



               As he thought hard about himself and more importantly what he had become a group of recruits sat together at a nearby table and began to share a few drinks. Their innocent smiles which showed no signs of worry or care. In a way he envied their ignorance, to not know the horrors of war and instead to enjoy life to its fullest as if it couldn’t possibly end.       



               “Alone again I see? You know Michael I don’t see why you come to the ships bar if you don’t intend to socialize.” Said the woman who had been serving him drinks these last few days, he could vaguely recall her name being Arial or something along those lines.



               “I just enjoy the feeling of having other people nearby, even if I’m not speaking to them.” He answered back to the chipper young waitress.



               “Are you checking out the recruits?” she asked cheerfully.



               “Not really considering every recruit in this room is likely going die.” He answered coldly.



               The waitress paused for a moment taken back by his response. “That’s a little pessimistic don’t you think. They at least have a chance.”



               “Not these recruits, no. The time before battle should be reserved for preparation, not for drinking and screwing each other. It’s funny, there was even a seminar on orbital maneuvering on the lower deck that could have helped them slightly,
but no they chose to drink instead.” He said apathetically before taking a large swig of booze.



               “Cmon now. They at least deserve to have fun before they die.” Rebutted the waitress who was becoming slightly fed up with his pessimism.



               “It would have been better to live.” Said Michael angrily.



               “Aren’t you supposed to be in Atlantis back on Earth and not moping around in a cruiser that may or may not have people who want to hurt you?” Said the waitress curiously while pointing towards a distant table where a group of well-armed men stared him down.



               “I have an assignment in this sector, on Nibiru.” He said blankly while glaring at the leader of the armed men.



               “That planet of giants? Why do you have to go there?” she asked as she collected the empty plates and bottles scattered around his table.



               “To assess the possibility of using them as weapons” he lied as the group of men started to walk over to where he was. “Oh and by the way you may want to stand back.”



               “Rebel or Establishment?” said the scruffy looking leader whose face was tattooed with the image of the rebellion.



               Michael didn’t even pay him any mind. From his perspective he was just another wannabe rebel who lacked the courage to actually join the fight.



               “Motherfucker I asked you a question! Rebel. Or. Establishment.” He shouted angrily at Michael and slamming his hands into the table in an attempt to intimidate him.



               “Let me ask you a question.” Said Michael as he pulled out a small black metal ball and with his mind channeled energy into the ball causing it to levitate just above his hand. “How much kinetic energy does a one pound ball of tungsten have when moving at 99% the speed of light?”



               “Yo…You wouldn’t the… there’s innocent people here.” He stuttered as Michael aimed his hand and the floating ball at the man’s face.



               “At this distance the very atoms in your face will be blasted into sub atomic dust.” He explained amused by their lack of resolve to not even so much as throw a punch.



               “Thi… This guy’s not worth our time.” Sputtered the man in a pathetic attempt to feign toughness. “Let’s get outta here guys.”



               “A little harsh don’t you think?” said the waitress.



               “To the young and innocent war seems glorious, I was actually doing them a favor by showing them just how easily they could have died. Perhaps now they’ll stop threatening people and do something with their lives.” He said brazenly.  



               “Cherubim Michael Binah please report to the shuttle bay immediately.” Said a robotic voice on the ships intercom.



               “Well I guess this is it…Arial?” said Michael guessing her name.



               “It’s Orial, but I suppose that’s close enough. You know I’m really going to miss your generous tips.” She said with a sarcastic smile.



               “Speaking of, I left you a nice stack of cash in the bottle.” He said with a smile as he left the bar and headed to the shuttle bay.



               “Seraphim Yesod I am ready for duty.” Said Michael as he arrived at the specially prepared part of the shuttle by.



               “Excellent Michael, are you ready for the details of your assignment.” Asked Yesod.



               “Of course commander. You may proceed.” He said.



               “Michael as you and almost everyone in the Atlantian federation knows, Nibiru is inhabited by a race of giants. But what is practically unknown is that these giants are in fact very hostile towards us. Most of them see us as either food or an immediate threat, and either way attack with intent to kill.” Explained Seraphim Yesod.



               “Not an issue sir. I can form an energy shield to protect myself or even if necessary use lethal force.” Said Michael confident in what to him seemed like an incredibly easy mission.



               “I wish retrieving The Axiom was that easy Michael, but your forgetting that the closer one gets to The Axiom the less energy you receive from it and the more unstable your abilities become. In fact when you are within 200 miles of it you will not be able to use any of your abilities at all.” Continued Yesod.



               “So I will essentially be at the mercy of these giants and whatever life forms happen to inhabit this planet.” Said Michael.



               “It is a possibility.” Declared Yesod regretfully.



               “However, we have arranged for you to become acquainted with them first. Upon arrival you will be staying with the head scientist of the Nibiru colony, Athena the Manipulator. She has in her possession a domesticated female giant who will assist you on your mission.” Said Yesod confidently.



               “When will I get to meet them.” Said Michael who was genuinely excited to meet one of the famous giants.



               “Upon arrival of course” he said as the shuttle shook before its movement stopped entirely. “Which should be right about now.”

End Notes:

_______________________________________________________________________

 

The Giant Girl and Her Master by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

 

__________________________________________________________________________



             With a metallic whooshing noise the shuttles spherical door opened up to the familiar sight of an orbiting colony. In the distance behind a layer of decorative foliage at the edge of the landing bay he could vaguely make out several gigantic humanlike beings walking about in the distance; their thundering footsteps even at this distance were powerful enough to vibrate the solid concrete floor of the landing bay.



               “Are those… the giants?” asked Michael who was astounded by simply how large they were, even from hundreds of feet away.



               Yesod smiled and placed his hand on Michaels shoulder, half amused by his reaction and half worried for Michael’s life. “Yes Michael, yes they are.”



               “Enjoying the view boys? You know for us locals these oversized beasts aren’t that impressive” asked a voice from the left of them.



               “It is quite a sight.” Said Yesod who turned around to face her.



               “Damn tourists. Anyways I assume that Mr. Tall, blonde, and severely scarred over here is the great and legendary hero Arch-Ishim Michael.” She said in a voice that bordered between whimsical feminine charm and casual sarcasm.



               “Well actually I was promoted to cherubim for my heroism, but I’m glad that even in this part of the universe my name is known.” He said turning to face her.



               Her name was Athena the manipulator, a women known throughout the universe for her advances in the field of genetic engineering, she received her title for her work in pioneering cross-species genetic manipulation; hence her title. Standing almost a head shorter than Michael he found it hard to believe that this fragile looking woman could possibly help him on his mission.



               That is until he noticed the large plastic rope in her hand that stretched high into the sky. Attached to the rope was a collar around the largest girl he had ever seen in his life. As he stared up at her lengthy body he couldn’t help but notice that she was staring right back at him.



               “Umm, commander? These giants… they aren’t sentient, are they?” asked Michael nervously as the freakishly large girl simply smiled at him from her lofty place in the sky.



               “Sir, I can understand what you’re saying, you know.” Said the titanic girl whose magnificent voice thundered across the hanger.



               Michael recoiled slightly as she spoke, not out of fear but simply because he was unfamiliar with dealing with someone who had such a large presence. “Athena! I thought these creatures were unintelligent, why is this one talking to me?” he asked with genuine interest.



               Athena giggled loudly amused by his reaction. “That is a misconception, there not stupid contrary to popular belief, but rather their race is very primitive; sort of like the humans who still inhabit earth’s landmasses.” She said blankly while struggling to regain her professional composure. “Anyways, come on over here now, unless you want my little pet here to carry you.”



               “Ahh no thank you, I’ll walk.” He said nervously as he glanced up at the billboard like face of the enormous girl who looked rather displeased at being referred to as a pet.



               “Ah yes! And before we depart, tell me Yesod how are the girls I sent to Atlantis fairing on earth.” Said Athena while she twirled her jet black hair in her hands.



               “Not very good. The one named Keyla at the very least proved useful in convincing the senate to send Michael to assist us, however the strain of our home planets gravity proved too much for them and so they all died within a matter of days.” Reported Yesod with a slight hint of regret. “I am however surprised to see the one next to you able to stand without trouble. This give me hope that perhaps the next group you send us will be able to survive on earth and not just on low gravity planets.”



               “I am very close, and I believe by the time our young soldier leaves for the planet’s surface I will have at least a thousand fully matured giants for earth.” Said Athena with glee.



               “That’s good to hear. Many people back on Atlantis have placed hope in your research, and they will be happy to know that it has proceeded ahead of schedule.” Said
Yesod excitedly.



               As Yesod and Athena discussed politics and other matters Michael couldn’t help but notice that the giant girl had no reaction whatsoever to their conversation, it was as if she didn’t even care. He found this contrast strange considering what a strong negative reaction she had when Athena referred to her as a pet.



               “Aren’t we supposed to be leaving Athena?” said Michael.



               “Oh yeah. Sorry about that, I tend to get distracted when people talk about my research. It is just so exiting how remarkably similar their race is to humanity.” She said with a whimsical smile. “Come along now Michael, you and Nephila here have to get acquainted.”



               “Nephila?”



               “That is the name she gave me sir.” Said the giantess in voice as quiet as she could possibly accomplish.



               Michael stumbled back for a second still not used to her overbearing voice. Then an idea came to him, if this girl was truly as intelligent as she claimed to be she must have at least a basic understanding of social etiquette. “Well. I guess it’s nice to meet you then Nephila.” He said extending his right hand into the air to greet her.



               The girl smiled a bit and averted her eyes. It was obvious that she didn’t really meet people that often; not that he could blame her considering the unusual situation she was in.



               “Nephila, this is Michael. He is going to be staying with us for a while. Said Athena while petting the girl’s ankle in an attempt to calm her. “It’s ok. You can shake his hand.”



               The enormous girl fell to one knee and leaned forward a bit, then slowly she extended her right pointer finger towards him. “It...It’s nice, to umm meet you as well sir.” She sputtered.



               Michael grabbed her finger with both hands and shook as hard as he could; it didn’t even budge. Not surprising considering the strength and weight difference between the two. But what was surprising, at least from Michaels perspective was simply how warm her body was. He had experienced the sensation of body heat before, but not on this scale; it felt like he was placing his hands on warm sand.



               Then without warning she quickly jerked her finger back causing him to lurch forward a bit.



               “Well that was adorable. Now I have to get back to work so follow me to where you will be staying.” Said Athena as she pranced about between the three of them.



               “May I have a brief moment with the Cherubim first.” Asked Yesod.



               “Make it quick.” Said Athena dismissively before turning around and fiddling with Nephila’s collar.



               “What is it commander?” asked Michael.



               “Listen up soldier, I know I don’t have to tell you this but this isn’t a vacation. As we speak the rebellion is gaining strength so the second you get the chance to go to the surface, take it. I want you in and out with the Axiom in less than a month, any questions?” said Yesod gravely.



               “Just one. Why did you send just me when any run of the mill salvage crew could have done this mission?” Asked Michael.



               Yesod looked over at Athena; she was still distracted by Nephila who was not happy about her collar being tightened. Then he looked back at Michael. “It’s because I can trust you and only you with this mission. As I said, the rebellion is growing stronger every day and quite frankly I’m beginning to suspect that many of our fellow officers are rebel conspirators.” Said Yesod in a hushed tone while putting on a fake smile in case anyone was watching them.



               “I understand Yesod, I’ll do my best.” Said Michael with renewed determination.



               “I know you will.” Said Yesod before he turned and without another word stepped onto the shuttle and flew away.



               Michael watched as the ship left the bay, and then with confidence he turned to face Athena. “Alright, let’s get going.”



               “You guys sure had a long little man talk over there.” Said Athena jokingly before tugging on Nephila’s collar to indicate she intended to walk.



               The walk across the colony was relatively silent other than the occasional ‘hello’ from one of the many residents, and of course the unsettling trembles caused by Nephila’s footsteps. Looking up at her he could see she was mindlessly staring into the distance completely oblivious to whatever was happening below. He briefly wondered what would happen if someone were to trip into the path of one of her step. He imagined it would not be particularly pleasant.



               “Are you worried she might step on you?” asked Athena who could somehow tell he was staring at her feet.



               “The thought did cross my mind.” Admitted Michael as the three of them turned a corner into the housing district of the colony.



               “You shouldn’t worry about such things. However if it makes you feel better I assure you that if Nephila does end up stepping on you, your neck and spine will snap instantly and you will likely die a painless, but messy death within the span of a few seconds.” She teased in a sadistic tone.



               “That doesn’t make me feel any better.” Said Michael who wasn’t particularly a fan of dark humor considering all the gore and violence he had seen throughout his
life.



               “Ok! We’re here.” Said Athena and pointing to a plain looking staircase next to an almost comically oversized doorway which was obviously meant for Nephila.



               “This is your house? How the hell do you two even live with each other?” Said Michael confused about the living arrangements.



                 “All the houses in this colony have been modified to have enormous private hanger spaces, you know for our ships, and furniture, or…” Athena said looking up at Nephila. “For our Giants.”



               “So you and I are going to be staying upstairs and…”



               “WRONG!” Athena interrupted. “YOU and Nephila will be living in the hanger, and I will be staying upstairs.”



               Michael looked up briefly at the gigantic girl who appeared rather displeased at the idea of having to share her living space.



               “Now Michael, you and Nephila go settle in, I have to go back to work.” Said Athena before snapping her fingers and causing the door to swing open into what was possibly the largest room he had ever seen.



               Nephila was the first to enter the room, and without saying a word she walked across the room and sat on what appeared to be a couch larger than the cruiser ship he came in on. The first thing he noticed when he entered the room was that it was a perfect square in both height and width, and that it acted as the bathroom, living room, and bedroom at the same time.



               Entering the room he noticed to his left the toilet and shower which were modestly concealed by from her perspective would be a chest high wall. Directly to the right was an enormous bed covered in what appeared to be colored industrial cloth. In the far right corner was a simple kitchen with a table and a monitor next to a hatch that was presumably where she received food. And lastly in the far right corner was a couch, a broadcast viewing system, and a bookcase shelved with several giant sized books.



               “So, this is where you live huh? I like it, everything is in one place.” Shouted Michael across the room to her. “Anyways, where am I going to put my things, and where am I going to go to the bathroom?”



               “My master has put everything you need underneath my bed sir.” She answered blankly from the couch.



               Even at this distance her voice sounded as if someone was speaking directly into his ear. He briefly contemplated the irony of having a monster above the bed as opposed to underneath it. “Well alright then. So what do you want to do, seeing as were
both going to be in here for quite a long time? ”



               “What do you mean what do I want to do?” asked Nephila glancing over the couch at him.



               At first Michael didn’t know how to respond to her, then thinking about her situation he realized that she may not have much of a concept of free will.



               “Well, what do you like to do?” asked Michael softly as he walked over to the
mountainous couch.



               “I like to… read?” she answered.



               “Umm that’s not what I had in mind, think of something we can both do.” He said patiently as if he was speaking to a child.



               There was an awkward pause for a moment, and as he reached the front of the couch he could see her looking very uneasy about something.



               “I do not wish to have sex with you sir, but if it is an order I will do my best to
please you.” She said surrendering as if she didn’t even have a choice in the matter.



               “What! NO. What gave you the idea I wanted that from you.” He asked curiously.



               “You were looking at me a lot when we were walking; I was scared, I am afraid you’re going to hurt me.” She said faintly while burying her face in a pillow large
enough to crush an elephant.



               “What are you talking about?” he said concerned with where she intended to take the conversation.



               “I have seen what your people can do to mine, the power you possess, I am afraid you will do the same to me.” Nephila continued with tears in her eyes.



               “Do what to you?” he asked worried about this girl’s obvious underlying trauma.



               “Horrible things.” She said while attempting to hide herself further behind her pillow.



               “Don’t worry I’m not going to hurt you, I don’t even see how I could.” He said taking a few steps towards her.



               Nephila peaked out from behind the pillow; maybe he was telling the truth “You… You’re not going to hurt me?” she sniveled.



               “No of course not, and if it makes you feel any better I’m just as scared of you as you are of me right now.” He said causing her to drop the pillow at her side and scoot forward to the edge of the couch.



               “Now can I sit next to you? That couch looks a lot more comfortable than this floor.” He continued softly.



               “How are you going to get up here.” She questioned putting the pillow down.



               “I could make myself fly up there, but I think if these living arrangements are going to work we need to conquer our mutual fears of each other.” He explained hoping to coax her into doing something.



               Nephila looked at him curiously for a second then she scooted forward on the couch, and without warning she slammed her foot into the ground in front of him.



               The cold metallic floor vibrated like a drum, a gust of wind blew past his face, and his ears rang from what sounded like a small explosion. He took a step backwards
away from the enormous mass of muscle which sat less than 2 meters from him, and looked up at Nephilia. Her face was like the moon, cold and indifferent towards his plight entirely. Michael for the first time in years felt very much afraid for his life.



               Nephila looked at him for a minute, then after what seemed like an eternity to Michael she smiled warmly. “You were telling the truth! I didn’t believe you were afraid of me at first but now after seeing you react like that, I can tell… you’re scared.” She said getting off the couch and onto her knees where she still towered over him.



               “How can you tell Nephila?” He said in awe as the monolithic girl kneeled over him eclipsing the light and concealing his meager body in her shadow.



               She leaned forward until her face was a meter in front of his, at this distance she could grab him in her mouth and break him in half with her jaws before he even could react.



               “That is because you are making the same face my mother did when your people killed my father and took me from my home.” Nephila said in a bittersweet voice that fluttered between anger and happiness.

End Notes:

_________________________________________________________________________

 

The Walk Part 1 by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

WARNING: This chapter does contain a giant male, but since it doesn't do anything sexual I don't consider it giant content. Just thought I'd place a warning for all the people who get offended by that type of thing.

Also this chapter contains a particualrly dark and brutal scene so just thought I'd place a heads up as well.

I assure everone that this is probably the darkest chapter in the story, and that from now on it will be considerably more upbeat

_______________________________________________________________________



              Michael sat and stared at the terrifying sight before him in awe. Her eyes were larger than his head and at this distance the amount of detail was infinitely more expressive; he could see the anger and fear in Nephila’s eyes when she spoke.



               And when she spoke it was as if his head were next to a speaker, her powerful voice shook the air itself and vibrated the water in his body; it was that overbearing that his head began to hurt. Her thick, hot, and very damp breath blasted past him with every exhale forcing him to cover his eyes.



               A blast of air flowed forward from behind, followed by a loud whooshing noise. When he finally opened his eyes he could see Nephila in all her glory still standing over him like a divine protector; of course now she had backed up to the edge of the couch and looked very afraid.



               “Nephila?” he asked unsure of what to expect.



               “I’m sorry for that outburst sir. It will never happen again, please forgive me.”
She begged gently through tear stricken eyes.



               “It’s fine, you just… startled me a little.” He lied partially because he didn’t want to give this girl power over him, but also to comfort her. “So? What was that all about? Do you have some kind of grudge against Atlantian’s?”



               “It’s a long story sir, and I shouldn’t have brought it up anyways.” Said Nephila who adverted her gaze.



               “No. I need to know, after all your accompanying me on my mission so whatever personal problems you have need to be solved now.” He declared as he paced back and forth in front of her.



               “Can… we go for a walk?” she whimpered as she leaned forward towards him again.



               “What? Why?”



               “I just… it relaxes me ok, I promise I’ll tell you everything if you take me for a
walk.” Said Nephila who was now on all fours probably under the assumption that if she made herself seem less enormous she would get what she wanted.



               Michael glanced at the oversized door for a second. “Well Athena didn’t really give me any guidelines as to how to deal with her, so I suppose a walk is alright.” He thought as the giantess stared intently at him.



               “Ok, we will go for a walk.”



               “YAY!” she shouted happily and immediately took off for the door.



               Michael struggled to regain composure as her thunderous footsteps knocked him off balance. “Yes we are going for a walk, but only if you wear your collar.”



               “I already have it on sir.” She said pointing to the light green band around her
neck and unraveling the plastic rope from earlier.



               “Good. And another thing drop the ‘sir’ thing, I have a name. It’s Michael” he
lectured as he jogged across the metal floor over to the doorway.



               Grabbing in the rope, he noticed immediately that the end had a device attached to it, a single button with the symbol of lightning on it. Curious his eyes naturally moved up the plastic rope until he noticed the collar had studs surrounding her
jugular; that was when he realized that the collar was not just to control her, but also to kill her should she become difficult to deal with.



               “How about we remove the collar.” He suggested.



               Her eyes lit up briefly with glee before returning to their fear stricken state. “But the collar lets me know where you are. Without it I might… crush you.” She said
hesitantly.



               “Well then, I’ll just have to ride on your shoulders.” Said Michael.



               “But… I have never held someone of your size before.” She said nervously. “What if I hurt you?”



               “Just remember to not move to quickly while we walk and I should be fine.” Explained Michael confidently. “And don’t worry about me getting up there; I’ll handle it
this time.”



               Michael adjusted his footing then with merely a thought energy coursed into every atom in his body. And so by controlling the gravitons in his mass and by unifying, enhancing, and directing the magnetic fields surrounding his body he was able to achieve weightlessness regardless of how much gravity there was.



               Nephila looked on with minor interest as Michael gently floated into the air and landed softly on her shoulder. From her perspective everything from the door to the
lights was already magic, so flying Atlantian’s didn’t really surprise her at all.



               “Alright let’s get going.” Said Michael snapping his fingers and causing the door to open.



               Nephila bolted out the door more than happy to finally be free of what was essentially her prison. Michael grappled onto her hair for dear life as her enormous figure practically flew across the floor of the colony; her massive shoulders swinging like pendulums as she ran.



               “Nephila! Slow down!” he shouted as his comparatively puny body was flung back and forth by a force unlike any he had ever experienced in his life.



               Nephila felt a small tug on the back of her hair, then much to her embarrassment she realized that she may have gotten carried away. “Sorry Michael, I was just a little excited and…”



               “No need to apologize I completely understand.” He said somewhat annoyed that she completely forgot what he had told her not even a few seconds ago. “If I was your size and I was trapped in that chamber all day I would react in a similar way as you.”



                Michael managed to finally swing over to her shoulders, but as they proved too difficult to stay on as she moved he relocated to the base of her neck where there was less movement. Looking around, he realized that they were still in the residential area of the colony; this caused him to wonder where she intended to go, if she even had an idea of where she was going at all.



               Considering she had been led by a leash her entire life, he speculated that perhaps she simply wanted to exercise her newly found right to choose. This of course was supported by the fact that she stared out of every window she came across, and for no apparent reason would suddenly stop, speed up, or spin around in a circle as they walked. She was lost in her own little world.



               Taking the opportunity to gather information Michael stretched his hand out in front of him and established a link between himself and the colonies built in central computing system. From his open palm projected a hologram of the planet and the orbiting colony he was currently residing on.



               Like most mass produced orbiting colonies, He observed that this one was nothing special. The colony resembled a giant gyroscope with a rigid outer frame attached to a space elevator to the surface of the planet. Inside the thin frame were several rings which utilized centrifugal force to cheaply simulate gravity.



               “Those little lights. There’s so many of them! Michael what are they?” Nephila said curiously as she stared out of a window which happened to point out into the center of the Milky Way.



               Michael closed his hand causing the hologram to disappear. He figured that there would be plenty of time to collect information. Right now, at least from his standpoint the most important thing on his list was figuring out the mindset of his partner on his mission.



               “You mean you’ve never seen stars before?” he asked with casual curiosity as to how she could have possibly not noticed stars after all her time living in space.



               “Well… I’ve seen them before, but I never really noticed them until now.” she said enthusiastically and pressing her house sized face into the thick glass of the window. “They’re… pretty.”



               From the corner of the window Michael could see Nibiru rise in the distance; the planet containing both the key to all of Atlantian civilization, and of course Nephila’s family, if she had any that is. Looking up at the colossal spectacle that was her face which took up almost his entire field of vision he could see in the corner of her globelike eye a spark of creativity and curiosity. It was an inspiring moment, to watch this monumental girl whose very being was almost godlike contemplate the nature of the stars.



               “GRRAAAAHHHH!” shouted a deep throaty voice from behind causing Nephila to jump at least 20 feet into the air in shock before landing with a dull thud.



               “Nephila? Is that you? What are you doing wandering the colony by yourself you silly creature.” Said a posh sounding female voice from the same direction.



               The hope in Nephila’s eyes faded as this woman spoke, only to be replaced by a blank emotionless stare. Turning around and looking down at the ground Michael could see two figures. A female Atlantian holding in her hand a leash attached to what appeared to be a stocky looking male of Nephila’s species who was crawling towards them on all fours and unfortunately for Michael’s eyes, naked; with the exception of a digital collar tightly wound around the gargantuan male’s neck.



               Michael immediately noticed that unlike Nephila’s sleek studded collar this giants collar was designed to partially alleviate the force of gravity. He wondered briefly why Nephila's didn't have this feature, but dismissed the thought to better deal with the situation at hand.



               “Oh I see you’re not alone then.” She said addressing Michael. “You there. This female is Athena’s pet, what are you doing with it?”



               Michael was stunned at this woman’s arrogance towards both him and Nephila, he realized that Atlantian’s were considered pretentious by other species standards, but this woman’s arrogance was absolutely disgraceful. “Athena asked me to care for Nephila here while she is engrossed with her research.” He lied.



               “I see.” She said with suspicion dripping from her voice as her pet began to grunt and pull at its collar.



               Then out of nowhere the savage looking male crawled at Nephila grabbing her leg and pulling it hard towards him like a possessed maniac. Michael was about to intervene when Nephila screamed loudly and slammed her foot into the giant males face creating a thundering slap as it impacted him. The male fell backward on his back and immediately got up only to throw himself at her again.



               “Futo. Calm down, now!” The posh women shouted at the male as she unenthusiastically yanked the leash to no avail.



               It clearly wasn’t listening to her. Getting up off the ground the behemoth male
stood up shakily on two legs and leaped at her clawing at her breasts and legs in an attempt to grab hold of her. Michael stared deeply into this barbaric male’s eyes as he continued to try and grapple at her enormous body; he had seen this look many times before, it wasn’t anger, it was lust. All the while in the background of this titanic struggle he could feel Nephila’s pulse rise and her body temperature increase significantly.



               “Lady control your pet.” He shouted at the women who had let go of the collar and backed away to a safe distance inside one of the human-only areas of the colony.



               “Just let them sort it out. Nature has a way of taking care of these things.” She said dismissively.



                From Nephila came a powerful thundering shout of such magnitude that he was deafened instantly. Michael stunned by her screech dug his hands into her shirt determined to protect himself from the inevitable battle. He could see a river of shimmering tears roll down her face and she was baring her teeth at the shaggy looking male, it was a far sight from the inspired look she had earlier.



               “Nephila?” said Michael who was now deeply afraid of this colossal girl’s berserk rage.



               She didn’t even flinch at her name; rather she launched herself at the male fists raised, and with one earth shattering punch that sounded like a small explosion the male was launched flat on his back. Michael on the other hand was propelled forward only to slam into the thick fabric of her shirt as Nephila’s tremendous muscles shifted in response to her bone-decimating punch.



               The male leaped up and unsteadily held his ground apparently determined to have his way with her. He shouted and mocked charged her several times. Nephila in turn responded in a similar and surprisingly savage way. This carried on for several minutes until finally the humongous male backed down and crawled back over towards his master with a dark purple bruise across his cheek the size of doorway.



               “Nephila! Calm down, please.” He said attempting to suppress the fear in his voice as he gently massaged her neck which was now almost unbearably hot from her physical activity.



               Finally the sensation of her name being called combined with his efforts to get her attention paid off. Her muscles unclenched, and her breathing slowed; she fell to her knees clearly exhausted from having to fight off the aggressor. This time the look in her eyes was of pure devastation, she was traumatized by what had happened.



               Michael turned his attention towards the woman who was starring absentmindedly into the distance. “You! What the… Fuck is your problem? Why didn’t you stop them? They could have hurt each other!” He said as he levitated down off of Nephila’s shoulders and next to the posh woman.



               “My problem? It’s not my fault that she continues to resist my Futo’s advances. I mean, honestly he can’t help himself, Nephila here is of breeding age and my pet is physically attracted to her.” She said sounding almost as if she and her pet were the victims.



               “That was not an advance. That was rape!” He said becoming increasingly infuriated with this woman regarding an obviously sentient individual with such contempt.



               “Rape? But their just giants, that’s how reproduction is done in nature, you can’t blame my pet for doing what comes naturally.” She rebutted



               “Yes actually I can, and…”



               “Michael. I’ll handle this.” Said Nephila calmly between exhausted breaths.



               “Ma’am for the last time I do not want to… breed with your pet.” She said to the woman who was eyeing her with contempt.



               “Well it’s a shame you feel that way Nephila, you and my darling Futo here would have conceived such beautiful children. But I suppose there is no reasoning with a barbarian, even one who can speak.” She said almost disgusted at Nephila for having the nerve to disagree with her



               “As for you.” she said looking directly at Michael. “Stay out of matters that are none of your concern.”



               And with that the woman tugged lightly on her pet’s collar causing the male to follow behind her; its head bowing in a combination of sexual frustration and shame.



               Michael stared the woman down as she walked off with her rapist pet. Under normal circumstances he would have beat her and her pet to a bloody pulp, but sadly not wishing to reveal his identity by showing his true power he held himself back. The same could not be said for Nephila.



               The battle took a quite a toll on her. Her body was cut and bruised in many places and her entire midriff was exposed due to the male having ripped that part of her shirt clean off. He wished he could help her in some way, but there was simply nothing he could do medically for someone of her size. He was forced to watch as she panted with exhaustion and pain.



               Then out of nowhere Nephila spoke; her eyes red from having cried for the past five minutes. “If you were still wondering whether I hate Atlantian’s or not, let that woman be your answer.”

End Notes:

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

The Walk Part 2 by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 



Several hours had passed since the fight and neither he nor Nephila had said a word to each other since the incident. Due to the extent of her injuries and the fact that her shirt was in tatters, they had to return to Nephila’s room. After a quick fix up using the enlarged medical kit provided to her by Athena, and a wardrobe change the two continued their walk in silence.



               Michael was becoming increasingly concerned for her mental state, and considering she was supposed to accompany him to the planet’s surface he also began to feel concern for his own life.



               “So... you never explained to me why you feel the way you do about my kind.” He said casually from his lofty position on her shoulder.



               “I gave you an answer didn’t I?” she said laconically.  



               “Yes, but you never gave me a reason, just the answer. I want to know what happened to you and why you became this way.” He demanded calling upon what little authority he had over the multi-ton women.



               He could sense that this was an unusual question for her; it was clear from the half of her face he could see while riding her shoulder that no one had ever truly taken an interest in her. Then again most people considered her an oversized savage animal so why would they.



               “Do you really want to know why?” she said softly with a small hint of happiness leaking out from her powerful voice.



               “Considering the life threatening mission I am supposed to entrust partially to you, yes I not only want to know, but I need to know as well.” He explained making sure to seem as honest as possible.



               Nephila stopped suddenly, as if to process what he had said. Then about a minute later she went to the window and stared out for a bit all the while not saying a
word.



               “Michael…” she said gently and placing her hand on her shoulder.



               Her enormous hand reached up towards where he was sitting. At first he thought she intended to grab him, but instead allowed her hand to rest mere inches from his body. At this distance he could almost hear the blood rushing through her veins.



               “Do you really want to know? It’s not a happy story.” She said inquisitively still somewhat hesitant to tell him anything at all.



               “Yes of course.” He said.



               “Ok. I’ll tell you, but I pick where we walk, and I want to go to the inner ring. I have something to show you there.” Said Nephila in a stern tone.



                 “Also I want to hold you.” she added quickly.



                  Now Michael was the hesitant one. He had a good amount of trust for her, but as he stared at the enormous mass of muscle known as her hand he couldn’t overlook the possibility of death. After all she could very easily squeeze her hand into a fist and crush him within the confines of her warm palm before he could react.



                    Then again she put enough trust in Michael to him near her jugular, thus the only logical response from his perspective would be to return her trust. Nonetheless he was afraid of the possibility of dying, not for selfish reasons of self-preservation, but because if he were to die the Axiom would likely enter the hands of the rebellion.



                     He had to take this risk, for the mission of course. “I agree to your terms Nephila.”



                     “Is it ok if I grab you then?” she asked awkwardly.



                     “You have my permission to do so.” He said while fighting to maintain his composure.



                       Nephila moved her hand slowly towards her tiny companion; she knew that he was just as afraid of her as she was of him. With very light pressure she pinched his body in between her thumb and pointer finger while using her middle finger as support. From there she cupped her hands together just below her chest and deposited him in the center; it would be awkward for her to walk long distance like this, but in her mind it was worth it.



                        “So, tell me how this all began.” He asked immediately.



                        “It all started when I was a little girl. At the time I was what your people call a ‘hunter-gatherer’. Our group was small, about maybe 18 of us. It consisted of my parents, my brother and sister, me of course, and a few others.” She began.



                          “Were your people nomadic?” he asked intrigued.



                          “Nomadic?” she repeated confused.



                          He had to remember that her vocabulary was fairly limited. “It means to move from one place to another.” He explained.



                          “Not really. Unlike some of the planets Athena told me about their… I mean, my planet doesn’t change much throughout the year. We don’t have what you would call ‘winter’, so everything grows year round. Well at least that’s how I remember it.” She continued while staring out of the colonies windows into space.



                          “Sounds like paradise. However that still doesn’t answer my question?” He said.



                           Nephila’s lower lip became stiff, and her hands began to shake ever so slightly. Michael was afraid she intended to kill him for a second but realized that it was simply her body’s way of reacting to a traumatic memory.



                            “One day… and I don’t know why they did this, but one day, the adults or whoever was in charge decided to take a shortcut through a field. I guess they figured there’d be more food in the forest on the other side. Anyways I remember… sort of.” She said unsure of herself.



                            “It’s ok if you don’t remember everything, just tell me what happened.” He said gently and stroking the area where her thumb and her palm met.



                             “Well, I was with my brother and sister at the time, when I saw… a light up in the sky.”



                           “A light?” Michael repeated already halfway sure of how this story was going to end.



                            “Y-Yeah, I pointed it out and I’m guessing some of the others noticed it to, because they were also looking at it. But, rather than go away like the other lights this one came straight for us.”



                            “It was a ship wasn’t it?” He said stoically now 100% sure of how her story ends.



                           “It was larger than the entire field, and the light was… blinding us. Some of the others were screaming at it, throwing spears, anything to get it away from us. I was so afraid; I thought it was a monster that was going to kill me.



                          “Of course now I realize that it was a Type-M Interatmospheric freighter, but back then I just… didn’t know.” She continued somewhat unsure of the details.



                          “I remember a hatch opening up, and from the hatch came several people…your people. My mother and father ran at them, spears raised. I saw how small they were, no offense Michael, and I thought there was no way we could lose.”



                           “But, that clearly wasn’t the case.” He said sympathizing with her situation.



                            “No it clearly wasn’t. One man in the front raised his arm, and from his hand appeared a red light. A beam of light shot out from his hand and straight through my mother’s upper body, I remember it made the sound of lighting, only a thousand times louder. When the light disappeared only her legs remained.” She said.



                             “A self-channeled high energy disintegration ray. I’m surprised they would resort to using such a powerful technique against your mother, especially since we have many non-lethal methods that would have worked.” He added.



                            “By the way, do you need a break? I imagine this would be a painful thing for you to remember.” He said calmly.



                            “No. I’m fine. This all happened when I was very young, so to be honest I don’t really feel anything at all.” She said almost happily.



                             Michael shook his head at her reaction; he had seen this a thousand times over from various aliens and humans. She was so young and primitive that when she was inducted into Atlantian society, humanity erased almost everything about her culture and family from her memory, including any feelings she may have had for her parents.



                             “Alright continue.” He suggested.



                             “Well after what happened to my mother, I can only assume that the others charged them. I was grabbed by my brother who started to run for the trees with my sister. When I turned around I saw none of them, so I assume they were all…”



                              “Disintegrated.” He finished for her.



                              “Yes. And as for my siblings and I, we were blinded by a green light and then somehow we were pulled into the ship.”



                             “Gravitational attractor.” he said as he brooded over what possible purpose the crew of that ship had to slaughter Nephila’s family.



                             “My siblings and I were stuck in a glass box aboard the ship along with several other clear boxes. All of them had giants in them, some old some young. It wasn’t long before we arrived at the station, most of us didn’t even fight back we were too scared.”



                             “So? Where are your siblings now.” He asked intrigued.



                             “I have no idea.” She answered. “Unlike the older giants who were being sold, my siblings and I as well as the other children were kept aside in our clear containers. Then Athena arrived.”



                             “And what did they do to you?” said Michael.



                            “Well… the people in charge pumped gas into my box, and I fell unconscious. When I woke up me and my siblings were strapped to metal tables, they injected us… with so many things; there were… thousands of needles.” Said Nephila whose colossal body broke out into a cold sweat which unfortunately for Michael began to drip onto him.



                            “Are you alright.” He said concerned seeing as her palms were practically soaking him in her perspiration.



                            “I-I’m fine, I just… give me a minute.” She stuttered.



                           Michael looked on with concern as muscles fibers the size of his arm began to shake, it was obvious she needed a break for a bit.



                          “Where are we going anyways?” he thought to himself and pulled up the hologram to determine his location.



                          He rotated and magnified the holographic projection on their location, as it turned out they were somewhere around the economic section of the colony. He briefly wondered what she could possibly need to show him here, it was probably something she wanted him to buy.



                        “May I continue.” She asked through gritted teeth large enough to snap a man in half.



                        “You seem like you’re in a lot of pain, are you sure that this is something you want to tell Me.” he questioned



                        “I’m fine I just need to get this off my chest” said Nephila who’s normally imposing voice was beginning to waver.



                        “Anyways. When I woke up, my brother and sister were gone. I was the only one left in the room. I felt strange at the time, but… I didn’t think about it much. Then Athena approached me, I was so angry and hurt that every time I saw her I tried to crush her.  eventually I realized I couldn’t hurt her and she wasn’t going to hurt me, so I just stopped.” She continued and ignored his question entirely.



                        “Years passed, I think. And as me and Athena interacted more and more I actually started to care for her despite what she put me through. She was the only person I interacted with after all. Over time I started to learn your language, and one day she asked me if I wanted to stay with her, and I said yes.” she finished.



                        “Oh and were here by the way.” She said nodding towards the area in front of them.



                       Realizing they were there Michael looked out from behind an enormous wall of re-enforced glass at what was possibly the largest zoo in the history of mankind. To his left were hundreds of clear containers stacked neatly against the colonies hull, each one filled with up to 3 giants. Upon seeing Nephila many of them howled and shouted at her, some out of sadness, some begging for help, and others out of pure mindless hostility; either way it was a disturbing sight.



                      “Disgusting aren’t they.” Said Nephila apathetically to him and clearly expecting him to agree.



                       Michael simply shrugged his shoulders. “If you say so” he said objectively.



                      “Just look at them, crawling up those boxes. I pity them.” She said bitterly and shaking her head.



                      “Hey just because you live with humans doesn’t mean you have to be arrogant like us.” He joked in an attempt to lighten the mood.



                       Nephila paid him no mind; she just continued to glare at the other barely clothed giants with utter hatred, perhaps hoping he’d see in them what she did.



                      “Nephila, I hope you realize that they’re your species. They are your family.” Said Michael.



                       Finally he got her attention, but he wished he hadn’t. The second the word family left his mouth a face full of hatred the size of a house locked onto his relatively puny body. The way she looked at him combined with her size difference made him feel truly helpless; like an insect.



                      Nephila brought the less than doll sized man up to her face “Don’t remind me” she growled



                     “I can’t stand the fact that I’m related to them. You know, it’s because of them that your kind treat me so badly. ” She said turning around back the way they came.



                      “It is not because of them specifically Nephila. Its very common for species that have been made protectorates of our Union face discrimination, and even out right enslavement. Personally I find it disgraceful and so does the Senate. Of course the rebellion is a different story.” Said Michael confidently.



                      “But I’m civilized. I can speak! I can read and write. I’m not like them.” She said irritated.



                      “You’re an exception, but believe me you have much more in common with them than you think. Remember your little performance with that male?” He criticized



                     “That was just… Ok fine I guess I am like them, a little bit.” She admitted and turned her head away from Michael.



                     “Don’t be so hard on yourself. You may be a savage giant, but you’re also a civilized Atlantian. And after we win this war I’ll make sure everyone in the universe understands that.” He reassured her.



                     “Th-Thank you.” Said Nephila whose face had turned an adorable shade of red.



                    “Now let’s go back to your room, I need to change clothing” he said awkwardly.



                     “Why?” she asked



                    “Because you sweat when you get emotional?” he said before sending a message to Athena to inform her of their location.

End Notes:

________________________________________________________________________

 

Survival Training by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

This chapter is a bit of an experiment. In this chapter I attempt to introduce some light giantess interaction, I also am working on perspective change and skipping unecessary time.

_________________________________________________________________________



       A few days had passed since the incident with the male giant and the heartfelt conversation that occurred afterwards, and so far Nephila had shown significant improvement in her mood, and outlook on life. Michael was confident that within a week he would be able to start the mission on the planet’s surface.



         Of course there were a few questions he needed answered before he began. Why were Nephila’s parents killed? How can she stand in earth level gravity without issue? And possibly the most important of all, will he even have the luxury of time to get the
answers to these questions.



          “… And so that brings the total number of planets that have joined the rebellion today up to 50. It seems that in no time the tyrannical Atlantian senate and their armies will soon face defeat,” Said an eager looking newscaster whose face had been blown up to almost comically unrealistic proportions by Nephila’s oversized image broadcast system.



            A tremendous rustling noise followed by a strong gust of stale air came from the right of him; it seemed Nephila was tossing in her sleep again. Looking to his right he could see her enormous body strewn about the mountainous bed, one leg hanging over the side and a river of drool large enough to fill a bathtub making its way down across her face. He chuckled to himself wondering what she would say if she could see herself now.



             “Is it true commander that the Xandro and Gorugu have joined the senatorial forces?” asked the anchorman to a man who he recognized as the rebel leader Mars Tyrannius.



             “Yes, but this is nothing to worry about. Keep in mind that the Xandro and Gorugu have been client species of the Atlantian Union for almost ten millennia. They no longer have a formal army by which to actually fight us with; this is merely an attempt to convince the other client races to join the senate.” Said the rebel leader with unnecessary chauvinism.



              Michael turned the broadcast station off; he was sick and tired of hearing about a war that he could do nothing about at the moment.



               Another gust of wind hit him from the side followed by a half-hearted good morning from the now awake giantess.



               “Sleep well?” he asked routinely as he laid back on the enormous yet soft cloth floor that was Nephila’s couch.



               “Move over please.” She murmured half-awake as she stumbled across the room accompanied by the unnatural sound of her bare feet slapping hard against the metal floor.



               Michael didn’t need to be told twice. If there was one thing he had learned over these past few days it was that getting even remotely close to in her way was a bad
idea. Quickly he took off running across the patterned cloth to the other cushion.



               “*Yawn* Too late.” She said with a mischievous smile before leaning over the couch and allowing her entire mass to drop onto the sofa.



               Fortunately for Michael, he had reached a safe distance, thus the shockwaves created from no less than 300 tons impacting the foam stuffed cushions had only thrown him 10 feet in the air. Moments later he landed softly against the cloth and rolled unceremoniously to a stop next to her head.



               “How many times did I tell you not to do that?” he said as he attempted to hold his bearings in the face of the miniature earthquakes caused by her slight movements. “And besides, you just got up. What’s the point of lying back down again?”



               “There wasn’t one, I sort of felt like being a nuisance. Consider this payback  for making me get up early,” She whispered and stuck her tongue out at a now red faced man standing a few inches from her face.



               Michael was not amused; many years of soldiering had dulled his sense of humor. “I don’t care how big you are, I want you ready to go in 45 minutes.” He barked at the slightly amused girl.



                Nephila rolled her eyes at the diminutive man giving her orders. She briefly wondered if he had always been this uptight before thrusting herself into an upright position, and walking towards the bathroom portion of her perfectly square room.



               Michael sighed as the cyclopean mass of flesh he had learned to call Nephila stomped across the room to her shower. Since her mood had improved she had developed a slight taste for mischief, most likely a consequence of Nephila being forced to behave formally for so long.



               “Don’t forget to eat something as well.” He chided her as he slowly descended the couch and began his journey to the kitchen.



               “Is today a special day Michael?” she inquired calmly as she discarded her soiled clothing into the large metallic hamper next to the sink.



               “Today were going to go down to the planet’s surface.” He said as he levitated to the top of the table and briskly walked over to the miniature table set that had been set up in his honor in the center of the table.



               “The surface? Why are we going there?” Shouted Nephila over the hurricane-like sound of her shower as Michael activated the bimolecular replicator centered on the table.



               “Training, from what I heard you haven’t experienced your home world’s gravity in years. It will likely be a difficult adjustment, but I think you can manage.” He said while he programed the machine to replicate a container of Atlantian army preserves.



               “Will Athena be there? How long will I get to be down there? Please tell me I don’t have to interact with other giants? ” she questioned excitedly as she exited the shower and proceeded to wipe herself dry with a towel large enough to cover a spaceship.



               Michael briefly glanced over at his nude roommate, who’s tremendous attenuated physique shimmered from what seemed like hundreds of gallons of water flowing down and across the ever shifting curves of her body.



               It was strange, Nephila’s people had no concept of modesty whatsoever; she wore clothes simply because she had been told to. However this didn’t change the fact that he did have a sense of modesty, and before his eyes lingered where they shouldn’t he redirected his attention back onto his meal.



               “Alright, I’m ready to go. Shoulders or hands?” She said a few minutes later with an unusual amount of cheer in her voice.



               “I’m thinking shoulders today," He replied as Nephila’s warm hand gripped him softly from the waist before lifting his fragile body into the air and onto her shoulder.



               “So where are we headed to?” she asked as Michael unsealed the re-enforced bulkhead that acted as the door for her room.



               “Central axis. We’re taking the space elevator down to the planet’s surface.” He directed to his gigantic companion who ran at full speed to the nearest access hallway.



               Michael’s body was blown backward by the force of her initial step, in order to
compensate he gripped into the thick fabric of her shirt. He had reminded her multiple times not to run when he was on her, but once again she completely ignored his pleas.



               By the time they had arrived at the central axis Nephila was sweating up a rainstorm much to his displeasure as the air along with her clothing was saturated with sweat.



               “Ok! We’re here. Now what?” she panted with an innocent smile and peeking over her shoulder to inspect her tiny companion.



               Michael rubbed his neck; she had given him whiplash for the 5th time this week. “Head over to docking port three.” He responded meekly.



               “So this…thing is going to take us down right?” asked Nephila curiously as she entered what from her perspective appeared to be a small walk in closet. 



               “Yeah, but you may want to hold onto something. The planets gravity is about 1/5th the amount of this station.” Warned Michael as he stepped off of her shoulder and onto a platform obviously designed for someone his size.



               “Two down to the surface please.” He shouted to the onboard computer.



               “Acknowledged. Now initiating. transport for. Two humans. And. One giant.” The computer spoke robotically.



            “Ugh, I guess we got the broken one. Anyways Nephila listen to me very closely. This is just a training mission, got it.” Warned Michael as the elevator began to move down towards the planet’s surface.



              “I understand.” She replied.



               “Good. Now understand that while we’re on the surface I won’t be able to use any of my abilities, so I’m relying on you to look after me.”



               Nephila looked down at her tiny companion who over the past few weeks she had learned to call a friend. Within Michael’s small beady eyes she saw his trust in her was absolute; he had no doubts that if it came down to it she would protect him. Then looking down at her hand, it occurred to her that if she truly wanted too she could kill him; and he wouldn’t even be able to resist her.



               She squeezed her hand into a fist, and for a moment imagined that Michael’s body was trapped within her hand. She figured it would be quite painful for him, to be betrayed and watch helplessly as the person who betrayed him broke his body in half like a toothpick.



               “Nephila are you ok? You seem tense.” Said Michael.



                Michael was her friend, but at the same time he was an Atlantian, the same as those who murdered everyone she cared about. However at the same time he never once treated her differently, he accepted her despite how large she was, or that she was of a different species, and most importantly despite the fact that she could annihilate him with the slightest flick of a finger or misstep. Perhaps just as he had learned to accept her, she could learn to do the same for him and perhaps even all of his kind.



               She released the pressure in her hand and felt ashamed that such an idea even occurred to her. “It’s nothing.” She responded nonchalantly. “Well, truthfully it was something.”



               Michael cocked his eyebrow somewhat confused “Ok…”



               Nephila turned to face him; inside her mind she made a promise to never so much as think of hurting him ever again.



               The elevator lurched to a stop and in an instant natural light flooded into the enclosed room as the massive metallic doors opened up to what from Nephila’s perspective appeared to be the largest garden she had seen.



               There were swaying meadows of blue and green grass occasionally interrupted by large twisting plant structures at least three times the height of Nephila’s entire body. Around the base of these twisting trees were smaller multi-colored bushes about half her height adorned in large spiked fruit. For her it was almost like she was with her family again, except for the enormous grey steel and concrete wall that encircled the entire facility and prevented her from seeing any further out.



               “Is this my planet?” She said completely in awe as her eyes carefully scanned every rolling hill and reed covered patch of land.



               “I guess it is.” said Michael as he observed the land for any signs of hostile life.



               From Michael’s perspective the planet seemed quite arid. Most of the ground was not covered in any form of plant life. In fact the only thing that sat between the oases of twisting trees and patches of green and blue grass were plains of jagged rocks occasionally interspaced by small eroded channels due to rainfall. In a sense it looked like a savanna; minus most of the grass.



               Time to get started I suppose, he thought as he leaped from Nephila’s shoulder to the rocky soil below.



               “Michael, this is amazing. I can see everything around Me.” she said eagerly before taking her first step onto the surface of her home world in years.



               Michael surveyed the land intently; there was very little cover other than the boulders that were scattered about the place. I could use them for cover or hide behind them, he thought before an earth shattering thud emanated from his left.



               Confused and curious he turned his head just in time to see Nephila’s multi-ton foot smash into the ground next to him before swinging forward and off the ground into the distance where it landed with a soft booming noise that made the ground tremor slightly.



               He looked back at the location of her first step; she had stepped on a rock about the size of cabinet and hadn’t even noticed. Looking for remainders of the boulder he quickly realized that the sheer force of her initial step had pulverized the rock into dust. Along the ground were also 5 large gashes caused by her toes mercilessly digging into the surface. It seemed that the rocks would not offer him any sort of protection after all.



               Meanwhile, Nephila was having the time of her life. The extremely light gravity made her feel like she could almost fly and it had been years since she was allowed to move around freely in a space this open. For her this was an opportunity that could not be wasted.



               With one powerful swinging motion she slammed her leg into the soft ground before propelling herself high into the air. As she glided gently back to the ground she noticed a small figure moving between rocks. At first she thought it was Michael, but upon closer inspection this individual bore no resemblance.



               As her feet touched the ground she dug into the soil to come to a full stop. “Who are you?” she inquired picking up a large rock in case things got ugly.



               “Catch me, and I’ll tell you.” The voice taunted.



 



****



               Michael surveyed the horizon for as far as his eyes would let him; Nephila was nowhere to be found and with limited use of his abilities it was impossible for him to simply fly around and find her.



               “She probably ran off again,” he sighed and continued to pace back and forth along the side of the massive concrete platform that formed the base of the space elevator confident that he would eventually run into her.



               As he paced around he got the distinct impression he was being watched by something; or rather hunted by someone. He heard the soil crackle behind him as if something very large was walking near him, but when he turned to inspect he saw nothing.



               Remember your training, the fear of the unknown is just an illusion of the mind, he reminded himself as he increased his pace and looked carefully for the soundest plan of action.



               As he moved further away from the platform he spotted a flat plain of land next to one of the oases of twisting multi-colored plants. There was a large deposit of jagged rocks that he knew would give him a tactical advantage if he was in fact being followed.



               He looked back, and over the curve of a small incline he saw a hand with fingers the size of men retreat behind the bend of the hill.



               “I know your there, it’s pointless to hide yourself.” He shouted.



               There was no verbal response, rather the figure appeared over the hill and just as Michael feared it was a giant whom he did not recognize.



               She appeared slightly younger than Nephila and thus was a bit shorter; nonetheless she was equally intimidating. This was made only worse by the fact that she was almost entirely nude and elaborately decorated with dark blue body paint.



               “Apparently this one hasn’t heard of clothing either” he muttered to himself before the towering warrioress swung at him.



               Michael was taken by surprise; he didn't expect her to strike so soon, but he had good reflexes and so was able to dodge her strike.



               The girl’s hand slammed into the terrain instantaneously obliterating the ground, and throwing both shattered rock and soil hundreds of feet away. Afterwards she inspected her hand as if to see if his remains were stuck to it; her mouth widened into an amused smile twice the length of his body when she realized that she had not killed him.



               The monumental girl stood back up at full height and patiently began smashed each individual boulder and rocky deposit with her foot all the while her ample chest bouncing with every punishing stomp.



               Michael peeked out from behind his hiding spot; there had to be a way out of this, but as he stared up at the cheerful looking giant who was gleefully destroying his chances to survive he realized that this was just a game to her. He was merely her prey, nothing more.



               “You come out, we end this.” She declared in broken Atlantian as she slammed her foot on the boulder he was hiding next to.



               Michael looked up only to see an immense wall of wrinkled flesh move towards him, quickly he dove out of the way as the unstoppable mass of muscle slammed into the boulder. Looking back up he saw 5 prodigious blue painted toes carelessly curling around the rubble that was his hiding spot; the undersides of each one thoroughly soiled with dirt and pulverized stone.



               His cover was gone and she was too large to escape from on foot, all he could do now was stare into the gigantic blood red saucers that were her eyes and hope that she showed mercy.



 



****



               Nephila threw the rock she had picked up at the location of the voice, it had been taunting her for some time and it was beginning to get on her nerves.



               “You’re not very good at this are you?” the voice mocked from behind her.



               “I’ll show you just how good I am if you show yourself!” She shouted while walking in a circle still unsure of where the voice was coming from.



               “And you have a temper too; I guess I’m going to have to do something about that.” The voice said aloofly from further away to her right.



               Nephila didn’t respond; the voice was obviously trying to bait her into responding with anger again.



               “It is said that you think yourself better than the others of your species, but guess what. If it was any other giant that was in your position they would have found me by now.” The voice jeered.



               “I’m not a hunter, and I’m not a fighter. I can’t be blamed for not finding you.” She reasoned.



               “True. Very true. So… do you give up yet?” the voice asked calmly from directly in front of her.



               Nephila sat down on the ground exhausted from contending with whoever was taunting her, “I give up, please stop.”



               “Very well,” Said a voice from directly between her thighs.



               Nephila looked down to see a young man dressed in what appeared to be an armored suit. In his hand was a decorative staff entwined with two decorative snakes. She quickly realized that he had been right under her nose the entire time. “I guess I really am bad at this” she said putting her head in her hands.



               The man smiled at the towering women, “It’s funny how the one place you didn’t expect me to be was where I was the whole time.”



               Nephila stared deep into his puny eyes; his miniscule face showing no signs of fear whatsoever. “The idea never even occurred to me… but regardless of that who are you?” she inquired.



               “My name is Hermes and I am your survival training instructor, and an associate of Athena.” He said as he struggled to climb the smooth surface of Nephila’s lower calf muscle.



               “Now if you would kindly pick me up, so we can find your associate before something else does.” He said urgently.

End Notes:

_________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Survival Training Pt. 2 by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

I apologize for not updating in a while. I have been preoccupied with exams, work, and other real life concerns which kept me from writing.

_________________________________________________________________________

           The loose soil beneath Michael’s feet trembled, as the indomitable colossus paced carefully around him. All the while her fierce red eyes studied him with almost obsessive concentration, for him it felt as if he was subject to some kind of divine interrogation.

            One look at her vicious carnal gaze instantly suppressed any desire he had of escaping. He felt that if he so much as moved a muscle she would literally tear him limb from limb. Meanwhile, his mind raced back and forth between questions as he struggled to rationalize the situation.

            Then it dawned on him. This girl; whoever she was, could have effortlessly killed him at any time, and yet there he was, completely unharmed. Clearly she needed him alive for something.

            Michael looked up at the girl. She was now casually marching in a circle; her powerful blue painted toes ripping gashes wide enough to lay the foundation of a house in. All the while staring down on her tiny prize like a child would a toy. Needless to say it was fairly intimidating for him, and although it was only a single individual, he knew better than anyone at this point that even a single giant’s stare could make a man feel as if the entire world was looking.

            “What is your name?” She asked suddenly, dropping to all fours a few meters away from him, and crawling towards him, like the monster she was until her face was mere feet from him.

            Michael hesitated; it was difficult for him to be diplomatic when the other persons face took up his entire field of vision. “Michael.” He said simply, not wanting to show weakness.

            The girl opened her mouth to breathe, and when she did he could see clearly into the back of her gaping mouth. Shimmering translucent strings of hot saliva formed in the space in between her plump lips, as her breath cascaded out from her body these thin liquid strings vibrated like the cords of a harp to the wind produced by her mass. All the while, her slippery pink tongue stretched in the background; its damp surface, shinning from the near invisible curtain of spit that covered it.

            He briefly wondered what it would be like to be cast into that slimy pink oblivion, to find oneself trapped in a cage of flesh with nothing but her tongue as a companion. The thought disturbed him greatly as he had no intentions of becoming her next meal.

            “Mmm-eye-kah-el” she said without warning in an attempt to pronounce his name, inches from his face.

            Hot iron scented breath rolled across his entire body with every misspoken syllable, and as he looked deeper into her now dangerously close mouth he could see, swirling in the turbulent pools of saliva, thin red wisps of what was unmistakably blood. In his mind there was no doubt that, behind those thick plump magenta lips and sharp blazing scarlet eyes of hers was a killer.

            “You has power, yes?” asked the girl who then brought her eye straight up to his face.

            He could see his fear stricken face in the black center of her eye, which widened to put him into focus.

            “N…No.” said Michael who turned away, not wanting to look at the reflection his own exasperated expression.

            The girl let out a giggle which shook the air around him, strands of sweet smelling hair wide enough to be ropes fell around him as her mountainous head shook with amusement.

            Her face became fierce again, and he swore that her eyes turned an even deeper shade of red. “Where get power? You give to I, yes?” she said with a lustful smile.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He insisted while backing away from her gigantic face.

            She gritted her teeth and slammed her hand into the ground with enormous force. The land itself exploded into a hailstorm of rock and dirt as if a meteor had struck.

            “The power! Where you get it!” she screamed in his face, spitting hot saliva all over his body, and deafening him with the thunderous volume of her unrestrained voice.

            Michael felt weak in the knees. He wasn’t one to be deeply afraid at the idea of something, but he dared not imagine what kind of horrors awaited him should he not satisfy her question somehow.

 

****

             Nephila looked across the horizon, even with her height advantage she could not spot anything remotely human looking.

            “Do you see anything.” asked Hermes, who had been trailing in her shadow for almost two hours, and was become impatient with waiting.

            “You could come up here sir, I could carry you again.” She said softly.

            “Umm, no thank you. Your hand shakes too much for me.” He said backing away from her slightly just to bring the point home.

            “I apologize for that sir, I’m just… stressed.” She said shyly.

            “Also are you always this formal with people? I’m not anyone important you know. In fact, you and I are a lot alike.” He said as he struggled to climb up a rock face that just seconds earlier Nephila walked over without even noticing.

            “I, disagree.” She said simply before increasing her pace.

            “It’s true you know. You’re a giant, who will never be accepted, and I’m a traveling thief… or a poet depending on who you ask.” He insisted. “Either way we both just don’t quite fit in do we?”

            “Are you trying to make me angry… sir?” She asked softly, but with a hint of aggression.

            “I may be a fool. Hell I may even be stupid, but even I’m not dumb enough to piss you off.” He said with a wicked smile.

            “That’s flattery right…”

            “Be quite, and stand still. I think I heard something.” He said suddenly.

            Hermes walked to the highest ground he could find and waited. Then just as he expected, the faint sound of screaming could be heard in the distance.

            He looked up at Nephila. She looked extremely healthy, unlike most giants who were malnourished. He knew that if things turned out for the worst that she would definitely be of use.

            He also found her to be quite attractive, but that was for later. Right now he had to go save the life of yet another idiot who wandered off on Nibiru without knowing what they were doing.

            “Alright.” He shouted up to her.

            “Pick me up and go in that direction. I think your companion is in serious trouble.” He said while pointing to where he needed her to go.

            The second after he finished speaking his body flew backwards into her hands. Nephila it seemed was determined to not let anything happen to him, and judging by her rate of speed, it looked as though she would rather sacrifice her life than his.

 

****

            Michael was caught off guard as 5 majestic fingers, each one thicker than his entire body curled gently around him, and then without care for his safety lifted him high into the air, until finally he was face-to-face with his tormentors soft lips. Looking carefully he could see that in between the moist succulent wrinkles of her lips were thin stripes of blood from what he could only assume was her previous meal.

            “You give power to me now!” she said in a low feminine growl while baring her teeth at him.

            “I have no idea what you’re talking about? What kind of power do you want?” he asked.

            “GIVE TO I NOW!” she screamed, clutching her fingers tightly together.

            A powerful force pressed down onto his chest, immediately flushed the air right out of his lungs. He tried to struggle, but the raw muscular power of her fingers simply would not yield. Soon there was an intense pain in his chest, as his body gasped for breaths only to become even more constricted by the leathery folds of her colossal palm.

            He began to slowly fade into unconsciousness, without even the comfort of knowing if he was going to wake up again. Then right as his eyes shut for what he thought would be forever, he heard someone say his name.

            “Ok. Let’s make this very simple, you give him to us and we don’t kill you.” Said what sounded like a man’s voice.

            “I want power! You give to I or he DIE!” shouted his gigantic capturer at whoever came to rescue him.

 

****

            Nephila looked on in horror at the dirty looking girl who so arrogantly held her friend as if he was a prize. She swore she would protect him, and yet there he was in this savage girl’s hand, unconscious and covered in what she could only assume was his own blood.

            “I want power! You give!” repeated the girl while shaking Michaels limp body back and forth.

            Rage began to boil inside her. She had now not only broken her promise to Michael, but was now standing idly by and doing nothing to protect him. She felt truly powerless, and not the type of powerlessness she was used to either, for her this hurt far more.

            The last time she felt such a feeling was the day her family died.

            “I’m sure we can negotiate, I think maybe I can give you the power.” said Hermes in a vain attempt to negotiate with the huntress.

            Nephila looked deep into the girl’s evil red eyes; it was obvious she didn’t believe a single word that came out of Hermes mouth. Not that she could blame her; Atlantian’s were terrible liars, and it didn’t help that their voices were at times, as faint as a giants breathing.

            Then a thought occurred to her. Perhaps, if she tried to convince her instead of Hermes then it might be possible to convince her to back down.

            She had to act fast as there was no time to think, and the life of her friend was at stake.

            Nephila stepped forward and looked the girl straight in the eyes, “If you want power so badly, then perhaps you would be willing to fight us for it.” She shouted in the deepest most threatening voice she could muster.

            “What in the god’s names are you doing.” whispered Hermes whose mouth was quickly covered by Nephila’s finger.

            “You have the power?” scoffed the crazed red-eyed giant suspiciously.

            Nephila said nothing; she simply stood there and stared the girl right in the eyes despite every part of her body telling her to run away. For this to work she needed to look confident, she needed to look as if the monster of a girl that stood in front of her stood no chance what so ever, and most importantly Nephila needed to look like someone who truly had what she sought.

            “You… you give it to I, or me kill this one.” She demanded with a look of skepticism on her face.

            Nephila examined her opponent carefully, making sure to not in the slightest way underestimate her. Physically she was no match for the girl in either strength or stamina; despite being a good number of years older than her. She was also at a loss mentally since unlike her, this blue painted pain in the ass also had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

            She did however have one advantage.

            Nephila had lived around Atlantian’s for almost the entirety of her life, and as much as she hated to admit it, apart from size and other minor differences she acted and thought just like one. This was her biggest advantage, the simple fact that mentally, she was Atlantian. So much so that even this ignorant girl realized that she was not a normal giant.

            Nephila smiled, it was a fake smile, but it might be enough to convince her, “So? You want power hmm.” She said with disinterest while staring out into the distance.

            “You give it to I! You give the power of life and death you wield! Or he will die.” insisted the now defensive looking girl.

            Nephila felt a pit in her stomach ever second she spoke; it was painful for her to hurt another person, even someone who deserved it, with the same conceit that hurt her for so long. This was only made worse by the irony that she needed act this way to save the one Atlantian who didn’t act this way, and who encouraged her not too.

            “Why should I care if he lives or not? He made the decision to come down here, it’s not my responsibility if something goes wrong” she said pretending to be arrogant, before stomping her bare foot into the ground.

            The blue painted girl was shocked. She clearly didn’t expect this kind of response, and most likely was expecting them to simply give her what she wanted.

            “Coward,” She shouted out of panic and confusion, “You let him die by I hands, but you have power to save?”

            Nephila’s arrogant smile became genuine; her bluff it seemed was working.

            “I don’t know what you doing, but her confidence is shattering, keep it up,” whispered Hermes from the center of her palm.

            She looked down at the bewildered Atlantian in her hand who was clearly as confused as the girl. Hermes was centuries older than her and under normal circumstances could disintegrate her with a single thought, and yet without her support he would probably also be in the same position as Michael, or worse.

            How the mighty have fallen, she thought, amused at the fact that for her entire life she actually feared these people. People, who now relied on her just to survive, just as she had to rely on Athena to survive, just like a pet.

            “Me? A coward? Please, you must be joking,” she continued before raising her free hand towards the girl, “I just wanted to see if you’d do it.” said Nephila pompously while pretending to inspect her nails.

            The girl took a step backwards, then another, and then yet another. It was obvious she was scared and didn’t know what to do. This was the opportunity Nephila was waiting for.

            “And another thing, if you even think about killing him, I will destroy you!” declared Nephila triumphantly, before lowering herself to the ground and leaping as high as she possibly could into the air.

            This time she had gravity to thank. After all, since she was accustomed to feeling 5 times heavier than what was considered normal on this planet, so when she jumped; she flew.

            It took her at least a minute to fall about halfway to the ground, but in about half that time the warrioress had already placed Michael on the ground, and was looking at her almost with a sense of awe as she floated back to ground.

            Hermes on the other hand was panicking and had wrapped himself around her thumb.

            “You…You have the power.” Praised the blue painted girl.

            “Yes!” shouted an exasperated Hermes from the end of her middle finger, “she does!”

            “…And if you don’t want to suffer her wrath… or mine, then you will leave, and tell everyone about us.” He declared with renewed confidence.

            The gigantic girl fell to her knees, not out of respect, but simply because the she was shaking too much to support herself.

            “Why he not use power then?” she asked pointing to Michael’s still unconscious body.

            Nephila could see lingering doubt in her eyes, but was quick to respond as she knew that any hesitation might destroy the careful lie she and now Hermes had built. “It was a test…” she said.

            “To see if you were worthy!” finished Hermes, “which as of now you clearly are not.” He added.

            “When do me gain power?” she asked, almost pleadingly.

            Nephila felt an unusual rush of emotions as she stood over the groveling girl who had no doubt killed many times in her life, and who now bowed to her will. She looked deep into her red eyes and instead of anger or instinct she saw that there was nothing but admiration and fear.

            For Nephila, a girl who had been forced to take orders and be obedient her entire life, this feeling of security, liberation, and control was almost intoxicating.

            “Go! Get out of here! You will know when you get it!” shouted Nephila to the once imposing girl.

            The girl didn’t hesitate for a millisecond, and before Nephila could follow up she had already began to run in the other direction.

            “What you name, goddess.” She whimpered turning around suddenly.

            A warm surge of emotions shot up through her body as the fearful girl uttered that last word. Never before in her life had she received such admiration from anyone, and for her it was a moment of pure ecstasy.

            Nephila snapped back into focus, she couldn’t afford to get lost in the moment; not even for a second.

            “My name is Nephila” she said simply, this time from the heart and not as a lie.

            And with those final words the blue painted red-eyed girl fled the scene with more zeal than she had at any point when fighting them.

 

End Notes:

_________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading, and once again I apologize for not uploading.

Also this is my first time uploading with Google Chrome, which I now realize is a thousand times superior to IE.

Escape From the Burning Sky Palace by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

I want to thank KazumaR1. It was because of his shout that I decided to end my break from this story, and continue writing it.

As for the future of this story, anyone who is still a fan of this will be happy to know that I will be updating this story with increased regularity from now on.

Enjoy and don't forget to review. Reviews help me fix things that are wrong with the story, and give me opportunities to create new ones.

______________________________________________________________________________

               Michael sighed with relief as the airlock to the cargo bay opened up; warm oxygen rich air perfectly attenuated to human life flushing into the room with a soft hiss. It had been over a week since he breathed air this fresh, and he made sure to savor every breath as from tomorrow onward he would not get to see this place for at least another 2 months.

               Just looking around he could tell that the station was much busier than usual. Large containers of what were obviously food and weapon reserves were stacked in piles as high as Nephila’s ankles, and workers of all species rushed around with cargo in hand.

               “Move it! Come on now, we have to get this stuff to the outer bulkheads in less than an hour.” Yelled an Atlantian quartermaster through the intercom, “And you two” he added.

               Nephila looked down towards Michael; he looked just as confused as she was, which was a stretch considering she didn’t understand how anything on the station worked.

               “Hey buddy, get your giant pet out of here. You’re scaring my men. I don’t want her stomping around; we’ve already had enough crushed workers for one day.”

               Michael could feel Nephila’s shoulders become as tense as rocks, and understandably so. She had gone from being respected and even feared to once again being discriminated against. Her massive hands clenched together with enough pressure to crush stones, as she suppressed the desire to go on a stomping spree throughout the station.

               Nephila spotted an access corridor across the room, and began carefully working her way across the room; occasionally stepping into the middle of a group of workers or onto some cargo.

               “Not bad. You only managed to destroy a few tons of supplies.” replied Michael while watching a member of what appeared to be an insect-like race try and pry another worker out from underneath a pile of boxes Nephila knocked over.

               There was a laugh from the nearby raised walkways, “No fatalities huh? Well, that was boring.” Said Athena whose raven black hair reached all the way down to her waist, “Remind me to sign you up for dance classes Nephi because you have impeccable balance.”

               Nephlia sighed. Athena was the closest thing she had to a mother; she could at least try and show a little compassion for her. Still, Athena’s warped sense of affection was better than none at all.

               Athena’s head snapped to the doll-like man perched on Nephila’s shoulder like a bird. “Michael! Are you going to be joining me for dinner.” Yelped Athena as if suddenly remembering something.

               “I wasn’t aware we were having dinner? I figured I’d rest for a while…” He replied half-heartedly, his mind more focused on the unusual activity throughout the station than food.

               “Michael Michael Michael, tsk tsk tsk.” she said with mock disappointment, “You and Nephi here are about to embark on a very dangerous journey; its tradition to eat a large meal before an away mission.”

               The station vibrated slightly from what seemed to be a distant explosion. “Fine.” He said, “But could you explain to me what’s going on around here.”

               “I will, I will. Just… act casual.” Said Athena who began to walk back to her room right as what looked like a group of soldiers walked by.

               Nephila could feel that something was off as she walked back to the house. There were no giants or people roaming the station, usually at the very least she would have another giant or two stalking her, but not today. She wasn’t even being pressured about not wearing her collar; something Athena was adamant about in the past.

               They reached the room in silence. Then Athena simply unlocked Nephila’s room, ordered her inside, and waved for Michael to come with her.

               “I think that today must be a rather slow day. Don’t you agree?” asked Nephila.

               “Not at all.” She replied dismissively before activating her powers and flying into the entranceway next to her room with Michael.

 

               ****

               Michael looked up at the elaborately decorated doorway of Athena’s home. A pure mahogany door surrounded by chiseled walls of marble and studded with diamond and gemstones. A typical Atlantian home for someone of her status.

               Athena landed next to him, and with a simple wave of her hand the twin doors opened into a large decorated interior multi-leveled courtyard the size of Nephila’s room. He always admired how vain some people could be.

               There was an awkward silence. Then Athena noticed him looking around the room, “Has anyone ever told you why Atlantian homes are so big Michael?” she said in her usual quirky tone.

               The station shook again, this time with stronger vibrations. “History isn’t one of my strongest subjects.” replied Michael, looking around as Athena led him into a large checkered room, in the center of which sat a table big enough to sit 20 people.

               Athena took a seat and snapped her fingers, instantly replicating a banquet on the table from the stations energy reserves. “It’s really interesting actually.”

               “A long time ago when we lived only on earth, supplies were limited. There was only a certain amount of wood or stone to build with.” She explained snapping her fingers again, causing the food smothered plates to conveniently levitate to within arm’s reach. “But as mankind expanded into the stars, we became greedy. Now the house of an average Atlantian is the size of what used to be a city.”

               “So… are you going to tell me what’s going on around here?” he asked.

               Athena sighed, “The rebellion has occupied this sector, including the station.”

               Michael felt his heart skip a beat. It had been only a week, and the rebellion has already pushed the government back this far, “I don’t understand? The front lines were at least 100 light years away, they would need to have taken the Kelipsis sector…”

               Athena looked away awkwardly, “How many are dead.” He demanded.

               “The most conservative estimates say around 30 million.” She said

               Michael couldn’t believe his ears. The senate had placed some of its finest soldiers in that sector; many of which he had fought with before. The news was soul crushing, even to someone as battle hardened as he was.

               “Is there anything I can do for you?” she offered in an attempt to ease his pain.

               Michael pushed the terrible news to the back of his head; his mission took priority, “I could use information on the giants.” He asked.

               Athena was not in the least surprised by his response. All true members of the Atlantian military, particularly those of Michael’s political class had that same holier-than-thou attitude of duty and honor. It was admirable in a way, even if secretly she pitied him for being so cold.

               “Well… there’s not really much to tell. Most giants are so uncooperative when we capture then that we need to wipe most of their memories just to get them to comply.” She began to elaborate, “In other words, we know next to nothing about their language or society. If they even have either of them”

               “What we do know, we’ve gained through experiments.” She added.

               “You see, we humans have 5 fundamental emotions. Fear, Surprise, Disgust, Happiness, and Sadness. However, we figured out that the giants have 6. One extra, and one different.” She continued.

               Michael was secretly a little shocked to hear this; after all, Nephila as well as the other giants he had encountered looked and acted exactly like humans. It seemed like the only difference was the enormous size disparity.

               “For one, the giants don’t feel disgust… like at all. You can surround them by death or disease and they just won’t be affected by it at all. No doubt you’ve observed their lack of modesty, which in my opinion is a direct consequence of this.” She explained as if lecturing a class before chugging down a large cup of wine.

               “So? What about the two emotions they have,” he asked genuinely interested.

               “Well, the first one we simply call ‘unity’ for lack of a better term. Think of it as a positive bias towards a person or object the giant has known for a while. Simply put, the more time you spend with a giant, regardless of how pleasant the experiences, the fonder the emotions they begin to develop towards you. It gives them an extraordinary capacity for forgiveness, as you no doubt have observed.” She explained snapping her fingers.

               A holographic view screen appeared; on it was a view of Nephila’s room from the top-left corner. She was sleeping on the couch, enormous ropes of hair drooping over the side of the oversized piece of furniture.

               Michael didn’t find this unusual until he spotted the small pillow nestled between her breasts. It was the same pillow he’d been using last week whenever he used the couch. “Like I said,” continued Athena, “giants develop unusually strong attachments very fast. It’s what makes them such good pets.”

               Athena snapped her fingers, deactivating the view screen. “The second emotion we simply refer to as ‘obsession’. This one is pretty crazy…”

               Suddenly the station rocked violently. Metallic beams creaked and groaned as the station vibrated from the impact of a massive force. In the distance, an emergency alarm could be heard.

               [Warning! Station shield integrity at critical levels. All non-combat personnel please evacuate.] said the computerized voice over the stations intercom.

               “What the hell is going on? Are we under attack?” yelled Michael as an entire level of Athena’s garden collapsed into a pile of dirt and concrete.

               Athena rose to her feet, her usual aloof expression replaced with one of determination. “Dammit, they started early! Ugh, I knew I should have made you two leave as soon as you arrived.” She said, “It’s no longer safe on this station. Go get Nephila and meet me at the elevator to the surface. It’s time you two started your mission.”

               Michael ran as fast as he could to the nearest wall he knew bordered Nephila’s room. Raising his hand, Michael concentrated what was left of his energy preserves into the air. Within seconds a ball of super compressed air as hot as the surface of the sun formed in front of him.

               I hope she’s alright. He thought as he fired the ball into the wall causing a massive explosion, and creating a hole large enough for him to get through.

               He flew through the hole and immediately located Nephila, struggling to open the door. Her fingers red from trying to pry open the immense re-enforced titanium alloy door.

               Michael waved his hand and signaled the door to open, “Come on. The entire station is about to blow.”

               Tears streamed down her gigantic face, and her eyes were wide with shock. Her entire world was literally collapsing around her, and all she could do was watch helplessly. “I was afraid you abandoned me.”

               “First rule of being a soldier is to never abandon your teammates. Now let’s get out of here!” He said motioning towards a hole in the interior bulkhead, before flying in that direction.

               Nephila smiled; renewed confidence bursting forth, instantly replacing fear with courage. Deep down she knew he would never abandon her, just as she would never abandon him.

               The journey to space elevator was a harsh one. Most of the stations systems had been de-activated by weapons fire; forcing the two of them to crawl, smash, and cut their way to the central axis where Athena was waiting.

               “Get inside.” Said Athena opening up the elevator.

               A thick wall of flesh tightly closed around, and before Athena could react she found herself pressed into Nephila’s warm chest. “I’m going to miss you.” Said Nephila whose voice, thundered despite the cacophonous symphony of explosions surrounding them.

               Athena looked up into the gigantic smiling face of the girl she had raised and for the first time in hundreds of years was genuinely moved. This was possibly the last chance she had to tell her how she felt, “Nephila,” she said pressing her body into Nephila’s shoulder, “It’s probably too late for me to tell you this, but you’re the closest thing I’ve ever had to a daughter. Please… come back to me.”

               Athena could feel her body tense, massive muscles thicker than her arms shaking  from a sudden rush of both happiness and sorrow. “I will. Stay safe…mother.” Said Nephila before entering the elevator with Michael.

               The doors shut, and the emergency lock was set in place. Out the window Michael could see what looked like at least 5 senatorial battalions bombarding the station. Judging from the damage they received he could tell that any attempt to retake the station was doomed to failure.

               It was clear that their goal was destruction; total war.

               Michael looked over at Nephila. She stood silently, watching the station she had learned to call home burn without end; fresh tears the size of his head flowing across the gentle curves of her face.

               Despite the size disparity, He knew that look well. He had seen it many times during both this war, and the one that preceded it. It was the classic face of sorrow.

               ****

               The elevator pod came to a crashing halt as it smashed into the foundation of the space tether; pieces of complex machinery and electrical components spewing from the barely functioning construct like a silicon and stone geyser.

               “Are you alright Nephila?” shouted Michael, his voice echoing throughout the vast cargo bay where Nephila was standing.

               “I’m fine,” she responded, “But I can’t see anything.”

               “Looks like the stations power system was hit,” he deduced, “Listen up, I can’t use any of my abilities, so it’s up to you to get us out of here.”

               “How?”

               “The metal is probably weak enough for you to rip apart,” he said spotting a large jagged gash where light was pouring in.

               Nephila scanned the darkness until her eyes fell upon the same tear Michael had spotted. Jamming her fingers inside, she pushed the metal apart like it was wet tissue paper; her arms bulging as she ripped the wall apart.

               Quickly she grabbed Michael from the Atlantian portion of the cabin and leapt out, into the harsh wilderness; unaware of the many pairs of eyes that watched over their shoulders.

 

End Notes:

______________________________________________________________________________

 

From this point foward chapters will be episodic in nature. The main plot will still be there, but I am planning on several mini adventures on their way to the Axiom.

 

My only fear is that I'm going to get absolutely grilled in EricAFreak's Review. If he decides to leave one that is.

Into the Arid Wastes by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

All chapter notes and end notes will be bolded from now on. Why? because it gets peoples attention.

Where do I start. Well... I kinda went full Tolkien and created a language for the giants, so don't be suprised when the giants start speaking what looks like gibberish.

I will upload an incomplete dictionary sometime this week.

____________________________________________________________________

               Michael looked up at the twin suns then back to the distant wall, it had been 2 hours since they managed to escape the space elevator and judging from the distance, they were at least another 30 minutes away.

               Beneath him, a moist fleshy floor rose up with every panting breath. The poor girl had been jogging for hours in nothing but the tattered clothes on her back, and she was beginning to falter.

               “That’s enough Nephila! You need your rest.” He pleaded in her ear, his body jolting up and down upon her shoulder with every step.

               A powerful boom shook the air as she stopped and fell to her knees, utterly exhausted. “I can’t stop now.” Said Nephila panting, “I need to know what happened to Athena… to my mother.”

               Michael sighed and looked around, they were in the middle of a dusty field miles from the wall; but at the very least he had gotten her to stop, “Running aimlessly towards our goal isn’t going to solve anything. This is dangerous land and…”

               “For you maybe.” she said with a hint of spite.

               “For both of us.” he replied not wishing to upset the Titaness any further.

               A large yet familiar hand grabbed around his body, the heat and moisture of her skin almost overwhelming in its intensity. Michael felt his feet hit the ground, and immediately he turned to face Nephila. “Look I understand your upset, and perhaps a bit confused but…”

               “Confused! That women treated me like a pet since I could walk.” She said, her body casting a shadow over Michael’s entire campsite, “I was her slave Michael, she experimented on me! Then suddenly at the ‘final moment’ she decides to return my affections after all these years.”

               Michael had to admit, Athena’s confession was a bit sudden; even if it was appropriate given the circumstances. She probably reasoned that it would do more harm than good, it was a sudden attack and the girl needed something to keep her going. “And you know what the worst part is. I still love her. I… I don’t know why, but I do.”

               “I should hate her. I know enough about feelings to know that’s how I should be feeling, but I don’t.” she blurted out with passion and shame before dropping down onto her back, a thick gust of loose dirt accompanied by the sound of the ground cracking following shortly after. “Even now she tortures me. Is she alive or dead? I’ll probably never know.”

               Michael had nothing but empathy for the girl. She had faced death for the first time in her life and had been dealt the worst possible fate; to be alive and helpless to save those you care about. “I feel just like I did before,” she whispered, her teeth gritting. “Just like when my real parents were killed. Incinerated by Atlantians.”

               Huge thick fingers, each one wielding ten times the strength of his entire arm squeezed around a nearby rock. Within seconds it crumbled to bits, head sized stones raining back down to earth. “I think we should keep walking Nephila. Also, you need to change out of those clothes. We… well; you need to look like the locals.” He said pointing to the unopened bag of supplies left in the elevator by Athena.

               There was no reply; she was too upset for that. Rather she immediately began undressing.

               Michael turned around and stared into the distance. A torn pair of tight fitting shorts large enough to house 20 draped across some jagged rocks like a tent, the sickeningly sweet scent of Nephila’s body filling the air around his nose.

               “I’m finished. Although I never understood why you always turn around, is it an Atlantian thing?” said Nephila curiously, her anger having since subsided. “Or maybe you have little eyes in the back of your head, and you don’t want to admit your staring?” she teased, a devilish curve as long as his arm forming in the corner of her smile.

               Athena’s words echoed through Michaels head. No modesty. No sense of disgust, he reminded himself. “Before we continue, let’s find out what your ‘mother’ left for us.” He said in an attempt to both change the topic and continue their journey.

               Michael turned around to face Nephila, only to instantly turn back around in shame. She was dressed in what appeared to be a slightly more modest two-piece bikini. Replacing her pants was what looked like a tattered short skirt made out of brown and black splotched hide and a thick leather belt to hold it all up. Replacing her shirt was a short sleeved tan fabric blouse without a midriff.

               “How do I look.” She said perplexed by his reaction as she combed her long hair with a gigantic brush Athena conveniently provided.

               “Good. Though I recommend you keep your watch around men from now on.” Said Michael before clearing his throat.

               Nephila had since stopped paying attention; she was too busy admiring the fabric of the dress. “Nephila this is serious!”

               “Look! The shoulder part has a little pocket for you.” She said smiling down at him with glee.

               Michael rolled his eyes, his sense of humor suppressed by his desire to both protect her and see this mission through. “Let’s get going. We’re not too far from the wall.”

               Shadow once again enveloped him, and before he knew what was what Nephila had already fit him snuggly into the pocket on her shoulder. It was a humiliating way to travel, but still slightly more bearable than the alternative of walking the entire way.

               Nephila dug her heels into the ground and leapt forward with new energy, her first step carrying her a good 250ft with the lighter gravity “What else do we have in here?” she questioned, taking her next step and then another, all the while peaking in the bag.

               Michael could feel his insides shift with every leap; crash landings were gentler than this. “Don’t touch anything!” he said from inside his fabric pouch, “There are hazardous things in there.”

               Nephila ignored his advice. If there was one thing she had learned about Michael it was that he was too cautious for his own good. At the very least it showed that he cared.

               She felt around the bag as she jogged, her hand managing to find a stack of thin rectangles. Curious she pulled one out to read the label. [Emergency meal replacement rations for Nibirians. Only allow the consumption of one square per day. Chocolate flavored.] Said the print.

               Nephila looked into the distance towards the wall, it was fast approaching. She had time for one more question. “Michael. What’s a Nib-bur-ru-e-an?” she asked.

               “You are. Nibiru is the name given to this planet by the Atlantian Republic. Thus, your people are called Nibirians.” He explained, looking out from over her shoulder to inspect his surroundings.

               Directly in front of the duo was the gateway of a vast curved wall of concrete and steel. It was at least 5 times Nephila’s height and whether you looked left or right, the wall stretched on so far not even she could see the end. Turning around, she could faintly make out the space tether which stretched into the sky seemingly without end as well.

               Nephila pushed hard against the unbreakable wall of metal, “How do we get out?” she said unable to open it despite her monstrous strength.

               “Allow me.” said Michael who simply waved his hand, causing the door to open.

               “How? Your powers are gone.” She asked.

               “All pieces of Atlantian technology have built in scanners which look for our DNA. Even this cheap wall, which relies on primitive silicon-based computing, has a scanner. So that no other race can use what we build.” He answered casually, covering his face as the afternoon light from Nibiru’s twin suns beat down onto him.

               Nephila walked slowly past the gates and into the wild; a strong breeze that was blocked by the wall managing to blow the massive fibers of her hair. “Why build this wall?” she asked distracted by the sheer beauty of her home world.

               “To keep giants and all the other things that share this world with you out.” He replied, now also entranced by this gigantic cruel world.

               Nephila was beyond ecstatic. In the distance were jagged mountains which appeared larger than anything she had ever seen in her life. Smoked bellowed from the largest one and the tips of each one appeared to be painted white. Directly in front of her were sloping wild plains without end, divided occasionally by rivers large enough to carry even her away in their current. It was at that moment that she felt something that she had never felt before; small.

               The winds blew past Michael at 32 meters per seconds, forcing him to retreat back into the pocket for his own safety; it felt like he was in a hurricane. However, looking out at Nephila, he realized that to her it was just a breeze.

               Nephila looked down at her feet. A reddish brown sea of dust and sand was blowing past her, obscuring everything from her knees down in. She could see why the Atlantian’s built their wall. They simply cannot survive here.  Without their powers they would struggle to even stand on this world. Just the thought put a smile on her face.

               “Are you ok in there.” She asked while continuing her walk into the valley, and hopefully to a less windy area.

               “Yeah!” he yelled, “but please get me out of here.” He pleaded over the howling winds which blew him back and forth, occasionally slamming him into the unyielding wall that was Nephila’s back.

               As she ran down the hill and into the valley the winds subsided drastically, and the amount of flora increased. The ground was covered in small green patches of ankle high reed occasionally interrupted by sturdy looking waist high stocks which were adorned in red flowers.

               All around her, large gatherings of spiraling trees dotted the landscape; their thick multi-colored branches reaching high into the heavens, creating a pleasant shaded area inhabited by neck high bushes covered in spiked yellow fruit.

               Her uneventful walk was interrupted by the distant sound of laughter, “Rateck ki! Rateck ki. Kala Uŕich’ze.” Said the distant voice of what sounded like a young boy.

               As she continued walking the noises grew more frequent, and louder in volume. They seemed to be coming from just behind a patch of trees.

               “Des! Sha’kala punem misu nanuch!”  Cried out a slightly older sounding female.

               Climbing out from his shoulder pocket onto her neck, Michael felt a terrible situation approaching. “Maybe we should go that way. Just to be save.” He whispered into her ear.

               “I agree. I’m in no hurry to meet anyone.” She said turning to the right only to immediately stop upon seeing a sharpened point aimed directly between her eyes.

               For a brief moment both she and Michael panicked; then looking down, they came face to face with a dark tanned boy with white hair. Both of his hands firmly gripping the sharpened spear; which at any moment he could jam into her eyes.

               The boy’s fierce yellow eyes were firmly locked on hers. “Na’swin! Shayl’kala rateck ahlei skiŕ’kala.” He shouted out, never once breaking eye contact with her.

               Michael was in disbelief, there was just no way anyone that large could sneak up on them. Despite being much smaller than Nephila he was beyond enormous; just his spear was large enough to impale 40 cargo ships.

               “Ae ahlei?” said an almost seductive girlish voice from behind.

               Nephila felt a warm touch on her thighs. Then another giant appeared from her left. This one, a thin girl in her mid-to-late teens with luxurious white hair that draped down across her deeply tanned figure. A cute amused smile plastered across her face while she flirted about her.

               The girl stood in front of Nephila and stomped her foot into the ground, “Buluŕi Kalan! tial va’sha eŕ.” She screamed while gripping Nephila by the chin as if to belabor a point.

               Nephila had no absolutely no idea what she was saying, but judging by the way this teen was eyeing her body, she had a good idea what she wanted.

               Michael tried to silently retreat back into the pocket, however the girls instincts were too sharp, and within a millisecond two fierce yellow eyes twice the size of his head were locked onto him. “Atlenian! Atlenian! Kalan skaeŕ E atlenian.” Shouted the boy, as her hand reached for him at lighting speeds.

               5 warm muscular fingers clasped around his diminutive figure and yanked back hard, tearing him from Nephila’s shirt with ease. Without his powers the only thing he could do was punch and kick the girls controlling fingers like an animal in an effort to escape.

               A second hand slammed down over him, concealing him entirely in a warm yet sweet smelling prison of darkness. “Let him go!” said Nephila, whose muffled cries were unheeded by the two savages.

               Light streamed onto Michael’s face as the flesh ball finally opened up. An enormous girl’s face taking up his entire field of vision; he turned around quickly and spotted Nephila who was being held at spear point by the boy. “Aww! Uŕa fi Kalak” she said, followed by a soft feminine giggle that shook his body to its core.

               The fleshy ground beneath him shifted as she brought him up directly to her mouth. “Ziwi fi Kalak, shagnu’kala cho kala… Suleŕa.” She cooed, the thin moist mass of flesh that was her lower lip rubbing up against his face as she spoke in a seductive tone.

               Nephila felt a powerful anger rise up from within her, causing her hands to clench into fists. Michael was not just her only friend; he was also the only part of her life that wasn’t destroyed. She would rather die than give him up.

               She looked at the young boy; his previously unwavering attention had faltered. He was now looking curiously over at Michael, apparently never having seen an Atlantian before.

               She glanced down at her left hand. The boy was a good size smaller than her; a good clean hit would probably knock him out in one blow. The female was still an issue; just like the blue painted girl, it was obvious that she too could easily overpower her if it came down to it. That’s where his spear came in handy.

               Could it really be this simple? Could this plan actually work, she thought, her arm tensing in preparation.

               “I guess there’s only one way to find out!” she screamed, throwing her left arm into the still unaware boy’s face where it collided with his jawbone with a loud crack.

               A powerful surge of passion, anger, and heat rolled through her entire body the second her fist made contact with his face; both her fear and her sense of reason were instantly suppressed by this new and powerful urge. Her vision and hearing sharped, and she felt practically weightless on her feet.

               She felt everything that was on her mind melt and fade away, all her past experiences, memories, and emotions suddenly became difficult to recall as a single thought emerged and overtook all others.

               Protect Michael, complete the mission, chanted her inner thoughts over and over again as the boy fell to the ground, his spear now in Nephila’s right hand.

               The girl managed to look up, just in time for Nephila to clobber her over the head with the blunt part of the spear. “Nobody is going to take him from me!” she screamed impaling the still reeling girl through the leg with the spear before grabbing Michael and sprinting away as fast as she could.

               “Are you ok? Please tell me you’re alright!” cried Nephila, whose already enormous eyes became wider than ever before.

               Michael was in shock. Looking back at the two other giants, he could see that at least one of them was in terrible pain. She had just knowingly inflicted potentially life threatening injuries on two of her own kind, just to save his life. “I am, but are you? Do you just realize what you just did?” he said with concern.

               The intensity of her stare was absolute; it was clear by the almost traumatized look in her eyes that he was the only thing on her mind right now; nothing else mattered to her, not even the lives of others. Could this be the second emotion Athena warned him about? Could this be ‘obsession’?

               “I do, and they deserved it.” She yelled with zealous passion, “They tried to hurt you Michael! And I just couldn’t stand it because… I love you. You’re the only thing in this world that matters to me!” she screamed incoherently, her left hand gripping hard around his body to the point where he could barely breathe.

               Now Michael was deeply afraid; everything about her felt off, her behavior, her feelings, even her body heat. Her skin was so hot it felt like he was burning alive in her hand. She was acting exactly like the blue painted girl. “Please, Just calm down, they’re too far away to hurt you.”

               His words fell on deaf ears. She was too busy running to care what he said.

               There was loud whooshing noise to her left, followed by a loud clack. She stopped in her tracks to inspect the source of the noise. It was a large throwing spear imbedded halfway into the ground.

               “No’kala’ze! Vo ahlei hidizu vo’kalan.” Cried out a tear stricken man holding the bleeding girl from earlier in his arms.

               “Nephila we need to get out of here!” he managed to cry out from her hand.

               Nephila gritted her teeth, and screamed at the group of 5 spear clad men and women approaching her position. She was so blind by her rage that she was going to fight to the death; it was just like the time with the male giant on the station. Only this time there was no collar to keep her in line.

               Suddenly, a loud whizzing noise came from directly behind them, followed by an audible crack. Nephila shouted out in pain and dropped to her knees. Someone from behind had hit her with a rock.

                “Kuta, kuta, Lati’kala! Ol no’kala’ze vo perini.” Cried out the 5 warriors, each ones face plastered with a crippling look of fear.

               They turned tail and fled, dropping their weapons and equipment before fleeing.

               “Rise goddess, me have scared away those who would do harm to you.” Said a voice in broken atlantian from directly behind her.

               Nephila’s heart dropped, she recognized the voice instantly, “You again.” She growled, her rage having somewhat subsided. “What do you want? Didn’t I tell you to go away the last time we met?”

               Michael was being held close to Nephila’s chest. Despite the distance between himself and her body, he could still hear her powerful heart pumping blood like a machine. “I know you’re upset, but I don’t think she’s here to hurt us.” He whispered practically praying that a bit of reason would finally reach her.

               “Me is here to help you? We watch you… you no speak our tongue.” She explained calmly and with a hint of fear. “So we wish to join you, help you, protect you, and serve you.”

               “We?” asked Nephila stumbling to feet before turning around to a sight which she never expected to see.

               There were thirty five of them, men and women; all armed to the teeth. Each of their faces painted with elaborate blue patterns, and all of them bowing to her; eyes closed, weapons on the ground, and their hands on their hearts.

               “We live and die to serve you… goddess Nephila, and you… Me-kah-el.” She said looking up at them with happy red eyes.

               Nephila was unsure how to react; she still hadn’t recovered from earlier. “What do you think Michael! It’s your mission after all.”

               “It’s our mission.” He corrected, “And we would be honored to lead you, and your warriors. Though I never got your name the last time we met.” He said to the still bowing girl.

               The girl smiled, “Me name is ‘Nia’. Though past gods called me ‘Britannia’. I am yours to use, as are we all.”

               The bowing girl stood to her feet and turned to the crowd. “Kalach olway Nephila! Sula Atlenian.”

               Each warrior rose to their feet and proudly held a spear over their heads. For Michael it was one of the most amazing sights he had ever seen; an army of giants. “Olway Nephila!” they began to chant over and over again.

 

End Notes:

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Personally I think this chapter is better than all the previous ones combined. I am looking foward to all the little mini-adventures that are to come.

Marching On by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

Severe delays in schedule due to a number of factors. Please understand that I try my best though.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________

               Michael stared forward from the plateau-like boulder he was currently perched on into the distance; where under the shade of a tree laid Nephila, who was staring out into the endless fields. It had been three days since the incident involving the spear took place and in those three days her mood had slowly descended from shocked to depressed. This depression was only made worse by the fact that they were almost constantly on the move and he never had any time to talk to her.

               A series of dull thuds echoed from beneath him, and before he could gather his bearings a vast shadow engulfed his position, “Me wonder… why do the gods have so many toys.” Said a powerful voice from his left, lecturing down to him as if he was a child.

               Michael felt his body tense upon hearing her speak. Despite having been in Nia’s care for days the fact that just a week earlier she almost killed him still caused some discomfort. He probably would never get used to speaking with her.

               He looked down at the assortment of obsolete damaged scanning equipment and a half programed universal translator scattered about the small place he was permitted to work. Michael was almost finished repairing the long-range scanner, “These are not ‘toys’. This is equipment; it allows me to… perform miracles.” He half-lied, his voice trembling slightly.

               The girl hands descended to her barely covered hips “Look like toys to I.” Nia replied, a smug grin twice the size of his body plastered across her billboard sized face.

               Michael didn’t respond; he had nothing to say to her. The only purpose she served was to get him and Nephila closer to the Axiom. “You no like I much hmm?” she declared getting on her knees to face him properly.

               He could almost feel her looming over him, “You tried to kill me. Did you honestly expect a different reaction.” replied Michael with a hint of bitterness.

               Her hands squeezed into fists; slender but soft looking blue painted fingers digging deep into her skin with frustration. “Well… Me was thinking. We are Na’Skiŕ’ze. In your tongue that is allies…”

               “What’s your point.” He dismissed.

                “You and me should get along. For one warrior alone is weak, together we strong.” Said Nia, “And If not for us, then for her.” She continued, pointing to Nephila who hadn’t so much as moved since he last checked on her.

               Michael looked up at the towering body of his tormentor turned ‘ally’; if she had wanted to kill him she would have already done it, there was no real reason for him to be afraid, for now. “I can afford to cut you a break. Don’t make me regret it.”

               Within an instant the young women’s face lit up with joy. “Me promise not to kill you… intentionally.” She said casually dropping a boulder the size of elephant just meters from him.

               It was a strange sight, to see someone who for him represented only death and violence act so carefree; it was almost enough to make him forget who she was. Despite the coy girlish behavior, deep down Nia was a ruthless killer who had neither mercy, nor empathy for her victims; especially if they happened to be Atlantian.

               Michael knew that for now the best course of action was to stay on her good side, “I suppose introductions are in order then. Pick me up.” he said as Nia readjusted her fur and leaf skirt that hung loosely around her thin waist.

               A perplexed look formed on her face; it was as if she couldn’t comprehend what was being spoken. Not surprising given the fact that up until now, only Nephila had ever held Michael; willingly that is. “It ok? You sure me can pick you up.” she whispered glancing around to make sure no one else was watching.

               “It’s alright. You’ve held me before, remember? Just keep an open palm this time and we’ll be fine.” He said somewhat nervous himself taking a seat on the edge of the stony dirt cliff with the broken scanner in his hands.

               An outstretched hand with thin articulate fingers the size of his entire body approached from beneath him stopping at the edge of the small cliff right underneath his feet. Nia’s hands were smaller and her skin was lighter in tone than Nephila’s, however what was truly striking was how tough they were. Nephila had lived a sedentary life, devoid of almost all physical activity, but Nia on the literal other hand had spent every second of her life running, hunting, and gathering. It showed in her skin which despite being smooth was as hard as a rock along the base of her fingers.

               “S-see. Nothing to worry about.” He said, sitting down in the center of her hand. “Now, let’s start over you and I. My name is Michael Binah, what’s yours?”

               “Mother called me Nia, but the gods called me Britannia; so I am Britannia.” She said shyly but with pride. It was clear that she was still somewhat unused to having to talk normally to someone as small as Michael.

               Britannia looked past him back down towards the broken equipment. “What can thing with many parts do that man alone cannot?” she said with curious skepticism.

               Michael was getting a little sick of the bad grammar, “Before I tell you that… from now on, whenever ‘I’ is used in one of my sentences, that is when you use it. Understood?” he said

               The girl gave a perplexed nod, shimmering locks of white hair flowing over and around Michael as she moved. He smiled; in a strange way she was just an ordinary girl, only twice as inquisitive, and almost a hundred times the size. Perhaps he was wrong to label her a savage prematurely. However before he settled accounts with Brittania there was one last question he needed to ask

               To his left, about 100 meters left sat and stood the rest of the tribe. Many of them bore the same blue body paint that Nia wore, only to a lesser degree. In addition, they all seemed to follow any order conveyed to them through Britannia.  “Nia. Why do the warriors follow Nephila and I? We haven’t exactly done anything to prove ourselves?”

               “Does a spear need to kill for you to know it can?” she said, an awkward smile curling across her face as she brought his body up to around neck level. “I follow you for I know you have power, I see it myself.

               She glanced over at the others, “They follow you, for I follow you, and they know I have power. A true warrior follows the strongest.” She explained, a slight twinge of sadness and fear hanging onto her voice, contrasting her usual bravado.

               She looked up and into the distance. The space tether was almost 200 miles away and despite that it dominated the skyline. “Nephila say you give power when worthy. Until then, we follow.” She said looking high into the sky, her hands curling into a cup as if to protect him.

               “But what if I don’t have any power to give? What happens if and when I give you everything I have to offer?” he said inspecting the thick but soft skin on her thumb.

               The savage girl’s thin pinkish lips curled into an awkward yet devious smile; made all the more intimidating by her blood red eyes. “Simple. I eat you.”

               A shiver rolled up Michael’s spine. Then looking down at the device in his hands, he realized that the battery was almost fully recharged. In that case you’re going to have an empty stomach for a long time, thought Michael as he plugged the jury-rigged micro-generator back into the under-carriage of the device

                The mechanisms within the scanning device activated and the screen lit up. “And with that. My life is officially saved.” He muttered hitting the large button marked ‘scan area’ on the control console.

               Within seconds a steady stream of data poured onto the display area. He was impressed, this model was at least 2000 years out of date and yet it was performing far above expectations. With this we’ll never find ourselves in an ambush again, he thought while reviewing the various statistics collected by the machine.

               Unlike newer models, this older bulker model was only capable of scanning a couple miles. Even still, the amount of information it was able to give him had endless practical applications. Temperature gradients, local changes in gravity, chemical composition; any possible piece of information he needed was there. Including everything he needed to continuously convince Britannia of his usefulness.

               Nia tilted her head slightly and squinted in an attempt to examine the scanner; however it was too small for her to get a good look. “Small things do no good.” She said, frustrated at the failure of her own senses.

               “You’d be surprised just how useful this little thing is.” He replied, checking the screen for anything unusual.

               For the most part, the area they were in was completely bland. There were the occasional herds of animals, but other than that the only thing interesting in the area was Nephila, whose anxiety was so high the scanner classified her as a ‘distressed life-form’. At least now I’ll never have to ask how she’s feeling, he thought.

               He stared out at her from the edge of Nia’s palm. Something needed to be done about Nephila’s mental state if she was going to leave this planet alive. Obsession was a truly frightening emotion, so powerful it could force even gentle souls like Nephila to kill. She needed to learn how to control it.

               He looked back down at the scanner; in the top right corner of the screen was a discolored blotch; a large mineral rich deposit about a mile from their position.

               Then peering over at the hunters he noticed a woman pounding two rocks against each other to make arrow heads, it was a miserable task, but with the right knowledge it didn’t have to be, “Britannia, how would you like to learn how to mold the ground? To make the rock into something better?” he said.

               “Mold. Rock? Taught from he who cannot move it?” she mocked bending over to pick up a rock twice his size. Her eyes darting back and forth as she compared the miniscule figure in her hand to the hunk of dirt in the other.

               “I’ll show you.” He replied smugly, pointing to Nephila. “But I’ll need her to come as well.”

               As they walked, the eyes in the camp fell on them. Not only was Michael, who was considered by many within the camp to be a god, being held by someone other than Nephila; but by Nia, the de-facto leader of the entire tribe. It was strange, since their arrival not a single warrior has disobeyed an order given by her. Her influence within this group was that great.

               Maybe it was the fact that she spoke atlantian, “Nephila?” he said, looking down on her from Nia’s extended hand.

               “This isn’t the station anymore Michael. Out here its kill or be killed.” She replied, looking up at him; her eyes and cheeks bloodshot from tears, and her body shaking as if she’d just been plucked out of winter.

               “That’s how nature works Nephila…” he trailed off, feeling ashamed for allowing her mind to deteriorate this far.

               “I don’t want to hurt anyone, it’s just…” she said stopping suddenly, gazing off into the distance; an exhausted sadness permeating the frightened giant’s voice, making her sound as if she was near death.

               Michael felt Nia’s hand move and before he could react he was back on the ground. “No tears. Those who lie still cannot hear your sorrow.” Said Britannia, getting down on both knees.

               The enormous hand he was just on swung forward with incredible speed; her massive fingers gently grazed down Nephila’s cheek, lifting her face up. “It time to move on.”

               There was a brief silence, neither party knowing quite what to say to each other. Although the one prevailing thought among both Michael and Nephila was surprise at just how eloquent Britannia could be. “Move where? Everything looks the same around here.” Said Nephila, letting up a bit before gently pushing Nia’s palm away from her face.

               Michael couldn’t help but admire the comradery forming between the two of them. Both came from different worlds, and yet in the face of adversity they were able to instantly empathize with the other. It was a bitter-sweet moment for Michael, who while feeling relieved that they were finally getting along was also ashamed that all of Atlantis couldn’t follow their example.

                 Two large pairs of eyes like spotlights fell instantly onto him, “Michael’s giving me a gift! Need you too. You come, yes?” said Nia whose sharp red eyes lit up like stars.

               Nephila looked confused, most of the limited supplies they carried with them were for Michael, what could he possibly give her as a present? “If I must I’ll come, but only because I’m convinced he’ll get us in trouble again.” She said in a somber tone, reaching for him instantly.

               His body relaxed as the familiar feeling of her hand engulfed him, and lifted him right back up into the sky. When her hand released he was at her waist.

               The modest pouch built into Nephila’s suit to protect him was gone, replaced instead by a sturdy leather-like belt across her waist. Imbedded in the belt around her right thigh was a solid pouch made of carved wood.

               “They may not look like it, but when it comes to clothing their miracle workers.” Said Nephila pointing to the other warriors, many of whom were gawking at them, although most were nonchalantly following some regular routine.

               He felt her hands release him. On either side was a fur lined wall carefully curved inward to keep him in place. “One of these days I’m going to start walking on my own.” He said feeling like an infant and settling into what to him was a swinging couch.

               She looked down and smiled, “I’d never let you take that risk you know.” She said adjusting the pouch. “Not everyone is as careful of where they step as I am.”

               “He die from footstep if not blown away by dust flood first.” Said Nia chiming in and pointing to the rapidly moving dust clouds around their ankles; Michael checked the scanner and confirmed that the winds exceeded anything his body could handle without protection.

               One of the interesting things Michael was beginning to notice was how different he and the giants viewed the world. The current area they were in was to him a fertile forestland with plenty of wildlife and land to live on. For him this was a paradise, even if the heat was unbearable. On the other hand, to Nephila and Britannia it was a featureless savanna.

               “Where is gift? Do we mold this?” Said Britannia reaching down and ripping up parts of the ground, sending the small animals bellow scurrying away.

               “It’s a bit more complicated than that.” He said, looking down at the scanner to see how far they were away from the mineral deposit.

               In the distance was a large eroded rock; probably deposited by a flood, then sheared down over time by the wind. It was the size of a small mountain, only instead of smoothness there were jagged edges sticking out from the stone landmark; just looking at it Michael had no doubt that nothing like this could exist on earth.

               “Alright! I’m going to need both of you for this to work.” He announced, prompting Nephila to remove him from the pocket.

               “Nia.” He shouted, “We’re going to need something that can burn. You know, dried leaves, wood, that sort of thing” said Michael shouting orders from the center of Nephila’s hand.

               The girl’s eyes lit up with excitement, and he could tell instantly that this was one of the many moments she was waiting for. Without even a second of delay she sprinted into the harsh wilderness.

               “As for you.” He said, redirecting his attention onto his giant keeper. “Put me down on the rock.”

               Nephila did as he requested, although she was still absolutely clueless as to what he meant by ‘mold the ground’. “Is this an escape plan? We don’t have any of our supplies.” She said, sitting down a few meters away from him.

               “We wouldn’t be able to escape them even if we wanted to Nephila.” He said looking up into her somber eyes. “Besides, I wouldn’t want to break up that precious little friendship you have with Britannia.”

               The gigantic woman gave him an annoyed glare, “I wouldn’t call it friendship. Its blind devotion, that’s all.” She said leaning up against the jagged wall behind them, and staring into the sky.

               Although he didn’t understand giant psychology very well, it didn’t take an expert to see she was trying to hide the pain. A thousand times across hundreds of years Michael had witnessed what happens to the mind of a person who kills. He of course was no exception, the first time he took a life he was just like her; silent, restless, and questioning everything.

               There was rustling in the tall grass, and then from seemingly nowhere Nia appeared brandishing a large heap of sticks, “What we do now?” she said hopping up and down in place, her long white hair flapping around as she did what appeared to be a small victory dance.

               “Well… now we make a fire of course.” He said watching the awkward girl flounder about.

               “Oh!” she exclaimed as if recalling something, “I can do that.” Declared Britannia dropping down to her knees before pushing some dry leaves into a pile on a flat rock and twisting a stick over them.

               The sound of what to Michael appeared to be a tree being grinded into the ground was equivalent to rubbing sandpaper across a piece of steel. The intense gravely sound forced him to cover his ears, fortunately after a few seconds of rubbing a fire burst up from beneath the large wooden pillar.

               “What we do now!” she exclaimed, bombastically shaking her finger at the fire like an excited child.

               Michael looked up at Nephila, she was rolled over on her side, completely un-interested in what was happening. “Neph, I didn’t bring you out here to try and cheer you up. There’s an actual purpose to you being here.” He lectured towards the monolithic back that was currently facing him.

               Nephila let out a small frustrated groan and then sat back up. “Do it then.” She said exasperated, no longer even making eye contact with him.

               A hint of ire seeped its way up from the back of his head, however given her situation he had to do everything in his power to be tolerant, “Alright Nia…” he said redirecting his attention, “I’m going to need you to draw two of this shape in the ground.” Said Michael drawing a disproportioned cross in the dirt

               The white haired savage gave him a perplexed look; for her this was becoming more convoluted every second. “I unsure, but I do.” She said, sketching out a larger wider cross in the dirt with her hands.

               “Good. Now this is where the magic happens.” He said, leaping down from the rocks and sprinting towards the two massive ditches created by Britannia.

               The heat from the fire was intense, from a distance it seemed like a small campfire, but for him it was a raging inferno. He looked up at the titan of a woman who smiled back at him, satisfied with her progress.

               “See those rocks over there.” He said pointing to an area around Nephia’s feet. “I want you to take them, one by one, and put them into the fire.”

               “Then we mold ground?”

               Relief washed over him, they were finally on the same page, “Yes! They will turn into liquid, and after a while they will become solid again.” He said to the increasingly wide-eyed girl.

               “Then what?” she questioned skeptically, throwing rocks onto the fire.

               Michael checked his scanner, and almost leapt with joy when he discovered that the rocks they were using contained 70% iron. “Then… you won’t ever have to use a bone for anything again.” He said coyly turning his back to her.

               ****

 

               Two hours had passed, and through a series of simple instructions Michael had managed to do the impossible, and probably unethical; he had taught a giant the secret of iron. With this he and Nephila’s fate were secured, for now.

               “Alright, they’ve cooled down enough, you can pick it up.” he said, not even a second passing before the enormous hunk of iron was plucked from the ground.

               “Truly this is the power of the gods! I have finally become worthy.” She said proudly examining the crude unsharpened dagger.

               For a brief moment he feared she would grind him into paste, “Not all of my power. You’re not quite worthy yet.” He bluffed, remembering her warning about what would happen if he became useless.

               She flashed him a wide smile. Two menacing rows of teeth staring back at him, “I look forward to that day.” Said Britannia before walking off into the distance.

               “Why did you make me one of these? Why would you give me this after… I killed them.” said Nephila softly but with world weary bitterness leaking from of every syllable.

               Fresh tears the size of his head flooded out from her eyes. She was beyond devastated, which was understandable considering what she had done. Truth is, nobody is ever prepared to have to take a life, and Michael knew that more than anyone. Across hundreds of battlefields he had slain so many people both man and alien alike; seeing her panic and question herself reminded him of how he felt many years ago.

               He put on a stoic face, and tried to appear as strong as possible, “I gave it to you to use of course.” He replied blankly, attempting to make it seem as if he had all the answers. “Now tell me, what is that you’re holding in your hand? And what is it used for?”

               The girl looked confused, “It’s a dagger.” She said through gritted teeth. “And it’s used to kill.”

               Michael smiled. Even if it was an unpleasant conversation, it had been three days since they had last spoken; he missed her company. “Wrong.” He said.

               “I can’t argue that it’s a dagger” He said, climbing back onto the ridge where she was sitting. “But what you’re holding in your hand can be used for a lot more than killing.”

               “I don’t understand what you’re talking about?” she said, perturbed at what she immediately knew was another attempt to convince her of something

               “I’m trying to say that it’s up to you to decide what it is.” Said Michael, taking a seat on top of her ring finger which sat quietly with the rest of her hand.

               She looked away, “Don’t start this with me, please. I’m trying to forget what I did.” She said, jerking her hand away as if she touched an insect.

               Michael felt the world shift beneath him and before he knew it he was flat on his face,

               The enormous woman leapt to her feet. The lighter gravity pushing her right onto her feet, “I killed them Michael! It’s that simple, why can’t you understand that I’m a killer?” she screamed, her powerful voice thundering around him.

               He could feel fear creeping up his spine; there was something instinctually terrifying about a person hundreds of times his size standing over and yelling at him.

                This time he wouldn’t allow himself to be intimidated, “You’re wrong Nephila… about everything.” He screamed, looking her dead in the eyes as he did; his fear paralyzing him in place.

               “What you did, you did in self-defense. I’m not going to try and pretend like it won’t be different from now on, I know from experience that you have a lot of hardship to face.” He continued, craning his neck up and pleading to the goliath of a woman whose face soared meters over his. “You can’t change what happened, but you can change what you do now.”

               “I gave you that knife to protect yourself, so tell me Nephila… are you really a killer, or are you something more than that?”

 

End Notes:

________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'll admit it ain't the best moral in the world but it should serve her well in future chapters.

Bonus Chapter: Nephilim Dictionary by Amateur Wordsmith
Author's Notes:

ATTENTION: this is a bonus chapter. There is no plot content or gts action in this chapter.

It would be great if people informed me of any flaws in the language as I am not an expert in linguistics.

Also the languages syntax and grammar is not quite set in stone, so I would appreciate any insight into how to set it up efficiently.

____________________________________________________________________

The Nephilim’s language uses compound words to deal with concepts. More complicated or simple and/or regularly reoccurring concepts use non-compounded words.

 

Remember that tt is a primitive language, and thus is lacks the structured syntax of most languages. For now.

Connector prefixes and Suffixes- these words make sense of sentences; specify time, and other things

-, to do, now (present tense) (suffix)

Yl- was, been. When in compound word it indicates a past tense (Past tense)(suffix)

gnu- do, will, will do, going. When in compound word it indicates future tense. (Future tense)(suffix)

 

Words- simple phrases to represent simple concepts. Many of them can be combined when needed. Some words are exclusively prefix and others are exclusively suffix. (I have not quite decided which ones). the compound words are represented by a dot in front. Some words are also combinded without an ellision (I think thats the right term).

Ae- what

Ahlei- that, this

Alivi- fondness, like

Atlenian- god, goddess, deity, great one. (A degenerated version of Atlantian.)

Bŕir- ground, solid, land

Bul- sub, beneath, bellow, low quality, lower

Cha- crap, feces, bathroom

Chi- Sex, intercourse, fuck.

Cho- eat, to eat

Chu- Food

Cu- ice, freeze, cold

Del- green, fertility (when alone) 

Des- stop, don’t

Dŕell- sleep

E- a (capitalized always when alone)

Emin- Indigo, happiness (when alone)

Fi- little, insignificant, pathetic (Capitalized when alone)

Kuta- run, jog, flee

Fotel- brown,

Golo- Yellow, sickness (when alone) 

Hidizu- Evil, sadism

 Jek- need, require, want

Jin- red, soul (when alone)

 Kala- person, you

Kek- clothing

Ki- Me

Lati- blue, sadness (when alone)

Le- yes, to accept, bring in

Lim- indicates a parent/child relationship

Misu- something

Na- intimacy, friendship, 

Nahla- hunger

Nanu- there

Nanuch- over there (indicates distance from speaker)

Nanut- here

Nephi- white, light, daytime (when alone)

Neti- please, may I

Nial- violet, hope (when alone)

No- to kill, slay, destroy, to do harm positively

Nu- to aquire, to trade,

Oi- No, to refuse, reject,

Ol- above, high, high quality, great, mighty, good

Perini- always, without fail, eternity

Polo- maybe

Punem- see, spot, look

Qahla- gluttony, gluttonous, to eat with disregard

Que- been

Rateck- catch, hold 

Saya- wind, air, breeze, holy (when used in compound)

Sha- it, object, thing,

 

Skal- your, yours, belonging to you

Skaeŕ- has

Skiŕ- outside, not part of us, foreign, alien

Soŕs- black, dark, darkness, nighttime (when alone)

Sula- water, liquid, life (when used in compound)

Suleŕa- alive

Swi- we, us

Taita- orange, jealousy (when alone)

Teŕ- property, goods, wares

Tial- mine, belonging to me, my

Tu- fire, flame, hot

Uŕa- hello, hey

Uŕi- The mind, brain, intelligence

Va- to rape and/or violate, to control

Vei- obsession, fixation, obsessive, addicted

Viŕen-, greed, greedy, covetous

Vo- to kill, kill, slay, destroy, to do harm negatively

Vu- to steal, theft, to take without permission, kidnap, capture

Yujina- infrared, “aura” (refers to life force.)

Zajik- laziness, lazy

Ziwi- cute

 

End Notes:

_______________________________________________________________________________

I want to see word suggestions from every last one of you. :D

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=3679