The Missing by nancyarcher
Summary:

What happens when certain people around the world go missing for twenty-four hours?  No one knows what happened or why?  Even the missing can't tell you what happened.  This is the story of Sarah Peterson, one of the missing.


Categories: Growing Woman, Gentle, Giant Characters: None
Growth: Giant (31 ft. to 50 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 9663 Read: 29082 Published: January 30 2012 Updated: February 25 2012

1. Chapter 1 by nancyarcher

2. Chapter 2 by nancyarcher

3. Chapter 3 by nancyarcher

4. Chapter 4 by nancyarcher

5. Chapter 5 by nancyarcher

6. Chapter 6 by nancyarcher

Chapter 1 by nancyarcher

Nobody knows how it happened or even why.  It was all so unexplainable how people from different parts of the world went missing all at the same time; some even vanished in broad daylight.  My name is Sarah Peterson and I happen to be one of those people.  I lost twenty-four hours of my life for no reason.  I have no idea where I was or even what happened to me.  I was a nurse working the night shift.  I was getting off my shift when it happened and the only thing I remember is a bright white light.  That’s all anyone remembers. 

My life was pretty ordinary before it happened.  Thirty-seven year old mother of two teenage boys and loving wife.  Not so loving as my marriage had been crumbling apart.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Richard but the magic that we shared seventeen years ago just wasn’t there anymore.  It wasn’t that I turned into some sort of fat cow or anything.  I was anything but.  At a petite five foot two I took care of myself.  I went to the gym three times a week.  I had minimal gray hairs that I didn’t bother dying because my blond hair hid them quite well.  I had a few laugh lines but that is to be expected when you’re pushing forty.  Richard was a big man that lifted weights diligently.  He stood a whole foot taller than me with salt and pepper hair.  Richard worked for a security firm as a private investigator.

Stable life, stable home with two good paychecks coming in.  You would think things were peachy between me and Richard but they weren’t.  I worked the night shift while Richard’s job had him working all sorts of crazy hours.  We were either too tired or we would fight every time we saw each other.  Then I became one of what the media called, ‘The Missing.’  Life changed after that fateful night three short months ago.  Little did I know that I would be missing my old life?

 

Here I am, running on a treadmill next to Ben with sensors all over my body wearing nothing but a sports bra and running shorts.  My long hair tied back in a ponytail.  My hair used to never be so long.  Ben is wearing only a pair of running shorts with the same sensors attached to him.  We felt like lab rats while a man with a clipboard stood nearby.  Computers blipped and beeped.  Ben looked like he had something to tell me but thought better of it.  Both of us were taken away from our old lives and carted away to this secret government facility.  From my understanding all ‘The Missings’ were.

“Okay Mrs. Peterson, that’s enough for now.  I need to get your measurements,” said the lab tech.  Ben and I decided it was best that all these people remain anonymous to us.  We made no small talk with them or anything.  We just did as they asked.  Most of them were afraid of Ben anyway and some of the women techs were afraid of me anymore.

“Five foot seven inches and one hundred forty five pounds.  No changes since yesterday,” the tech tells me.  Most of the time they never even bothered.  “I need Mr. Harrison’s measurements.”

Ben did as the man asked.  Ben towered over the tech.  Ben is nothing but muscle from head to toe unlike when he was first brought here.  Thick wavy black hair and piecing blue eyes, Ben is nothing like the guy they hauled in here three months ago.  That guy was bald and doughy.  Ben’s wife wouldn’t recognize him now.  Hell, my own husband and kids wouldn’t even be able to pick me out from a police lineup.

“Six foot five inches tall and two hundred ten pounds.  No changes since yesterday for you either.  You two can get cleaned up.  Lunch should be ready by then,” the tech said as he dismissed us.

It has been three months since Ben and I have seen our families and three months since we first started noticing small changes.  It started out slow and slowly for the past three months we have been either growing or becoming stronger in more ways than one.  The government took us from our families to study us.  Everyday it’s the same thing, run on the treadmill and blood test.  At one time I heard one of the techs tell another that the protein in our blood keeps changing.  I don’t know what any of this science mumbo jumbo means but I have my guesses.

I shower and shave.  I’m surprised they even allow Ben and I razors but they do.  I change into the usual t-shirt and track suit.  Ben and I both wear the same powder blue tracksuit so we can be picked out from the crowd.  Here soon, in another three months it won’t be so hard to do that.  I meet Ben out in the hall and we walk side by side to the cafeteria.

Ben sits across from me at the table.  We used to sit in the booths until it got too uncomfortable for Ben.  The cafeteria workers are told that we were on a special diet.  We come in here six times a day instead of three and every time we would end up eating a little more each time.  The food wasn’t particularly good.  Hell, some of it looked like dog food but when you always feel like you’re starving, you will eat anything. 

“I wish they would at least let us see our spouses.  I miss Judith,” Ben tells me and shovels some slop into his mouth.

“They probably wouldn’t believe it’s us,” I tell Ben.  This stuff is disgusting but I’m so damn hungry I can eat a horse.  Hell, this shit probably is horse for all I know.  All that damn running and weightlifting they make us do.

“You’re probably right Sarah,” Ben looked disappointed.  In the three months I’ve gotten to know Ben I’ve come to one conclusion, this man is madly in love with his wife.  Ben told me that he is forty-five years old and worked as a loan officer at a bank.  He looked all of forty-five when he was hauled in here but the man looking at me now looked all of twenty years younger than that.

“If she does believe it’s you Ben, she’ll most definitely likes what she sees but if she loves you as much as you love her, she’ll know it’s you,” I said as I reached over the table and took Ben’s hand.  Ben gave me a smile that melted my heart.  His gaze still seemed heartbroken by the fact Ben couldn’t be with the woman he loves.

“Do you think they’ll ever let us out of here?” he asks me.  Ben knew my answer as he stared down at his slop.

“Highly unlikely,” I said as I played with the puddle of goo on my plate.

“Why did this have to happen to us Sarah?” A tear escaped the corner of his eye.

“I don’t know Ben.  I wish I had all the answers but I don’t,” I said as I reached over and wiped the tear from his eye.  I still can’t get over the fact that my reach is much longer than it was three months ago.  Five inches longer to be precise but I don’t dwell on that at the moment, right now I’m more worried about the big man sitting across from me.  Ben began to cry.

“Will it ever stop?  Will we ever stop growing?  This isn’t normal Sarah.  I don’t feel normal.  I feel like a freak,” Ben sobbed.  He still ate despite his sadness.  That was another thing I noticed.  Used to be when I was upset, I lost my appetite but lately my appetite seemed endless despite my mood.  Same could be said for Ben.  Our bodies never told us to stop until we felt somewhat full.  We would only eat what we were given but each time we would eat, the workers would keep making the portions bigger.  Each and every time no matter our moods, we would easily eat every bite no matter how much we hated it.

Ben yawned after he downed the rest of the slop.  That was another thing too, the workouts were never really tiring but for some reason our bodies have been requiring a lot of sleep lately.  I used to be a light sleeper before this happened but now I sleep like the dead and wake up completely refreshed.  My body had so much vigor these days.  My grays and laughs lines all disappeared.  I felt like a new woman just as I’m sure Ben feels like a new man.

Ben and I walked back to our dorms.  I gave the big guy a hug before retiring to my room.

“Sarah,” Ben said my name as he reached for my hand.

“Hmmmm.”

“Do you feel it?” Ben asked.

“Feel what?”

“Tomorrow is going to be different.  We haven’t grown in a while.  Do you think we’re going to be taller tomorrow?”

“I don’t know?  Probably,” I said as Ben looked down at his sneakers.

“I don’t want to grow anymore,” Ben mumbles.  I reach up and caress his cheek.  Ben just looks at me sort of puzzled.

“You’re not alone,” was all I could say before retiring to my room.

 

Chapter 2 by nancyarcher

“Fourth of an inch taller and a few pounds heavier, Mrs. Peterson.  Same goes for you too Mr. Harrison.  Looks like you two are even lifting a little more and running further,” the tech said as he looked at the charts.  He didn’t even make an effort to look at us.  Ben frowned when the tech dismissed us.

“We’re growing again,” Ben said as we walked toward our dorms.  “I thought I was just sore from the workouts.  Damn I hate myself.”

“I don’t know I’m a few inches shy of being runway ready.  This keeps up, my supermodel fantasies will come true,” I said sarcastically and Ben rolls his eyes.  I give Ben credit, he wasn’t exactly on the short side like I was when he first got here but now he towers over the majority of the white coats.

“Yeah and my NBA fantasies could come true now if I actually played basketball.  This keeps up; I won’t have to jump to make a slam dunk.  Eat your heart out Michael Jordon,” Ben said in an equally sarcastic tone that caused a laugh to escape my lips.  “Seriously Sarah, do you have pains in your joints?  I don’t remember growing pains much but I think that’s what it is,” Ben then said as we walked the generic white halls.

“As a matter of fact, I do,” I answered him honestly.  Ben is right, there was been a lot of joint pain before the small spurts but lately the pain has worsen.  The techs never ask us how we’re feeling; all they care about is blood work and measurements.   God I hate this place!

Before we got to the dorm, a man dressed in a military uniform approached us.  He had an envelope in his hand.  He was highly decorated to be dealing with peons like me and Ben that’s for sure.

“Benjamin Harrison and Sarah Peterson,” the man in the fancy smancy military uniform addressed us.  I don’t know if it’s just me but lately I noticed a certain confidence in Ben that he never had when he first came here.  Ben stood taller than most of the men in this place including Mr. Military Man who I guess has to be a little north of six feet himself but still not as big and tall as Ben.

“It’s Ben Harrison but since I don’t care too much for you people it is Mr. Harrison to you sir,” Ben said as I bit back a laugh.  Mr. Military didn’t know what to say except that his demeanor slightly cracked into a smile.

“Mr. Harrison, I’m here to give you and Mrs. Peterson some good news.  Seems you two have been granted visitations with your spouses,” Mr. Military tells us who we later find out is General Jonathon Hawks.

“Just our spouses?  What about our kids?  I have two boys and Ben has a son?”  I tell the uniform.

“That’s all the President is allowing.  The CDC is not sure if this is a contagion and since all the workers here seem unaffected we feel that it is time you get to see your spouses,” General Hawks explains.

“It’s not airborne whatever it is,” I said.

“Mrs. Peterson, you know we can’t be too careful.  Your spouses are waiting in the cafeteria,” General Hawks said as he handed us the envelope and walked away.  Ben opens the envelope to find two smaller envelopes, one addressed to each of us.  I open mine to find Zack and Harry’s school pictures.  It’s amazing how much kids can change in three months.  Next thing I know a strong long arm pulls me close to an equally tall strong frame.  Tears escaped my eyes while Ben held me in a half hug.  He had been crying too when he saw the picture of his ten year old autistic son, Ryan.  This reunion is going to be a bitter sweet one.

Ben and I walk into the cafeteria.  A small rotund woman approaches Ben.  She has red curly hair and a kind face.  Immediately green eyes lights up with joy at the sight of my new friend.

“Benny!  Oh my God it’s so great to see you!” she squealed as she jumped up into Ben’s arms.  Ben’s eyes lit up as she took her into his very strong and very muscular arms.  The woman appeared to be about late thirties to mid-forties.  This must be the infamous Judith I have been hearing so much about.  Looks wise she might have suited the old Ben to a T but new Ben and her made an odd pair despite the love they showed to one another.

“Judy, I miss you so much.  I‘m just happy to see that you recognize me.  I wasn’t sure if you would know it was me.  I’ve changed so much,” Ben said as he looked down at his wife.

“Oh Benny!  You know that I can pick you out from any crowd no matter how good you look,” Judith said as she gave Ben a wink.  “You do look great!  Guess I don’t have sneak glances at the pool boy anymore,” Judith said and Ben laughed.  This was the happiest I have ever seen him.  Ben bends over and gives her a hug.  I wish I had this with Richard.

“I want you to meet my friend honey.  This is Sarah Peterson,” Ben introduces me to his loving wife.  For the first time in a long time I had to get used to looking down at people.  Being petite I rarely had that luxury but here I was looking down slightly at a woman I would’ve normally had to look slightly up at.

“Please to meet you,” Judith said as she took my hand and gave me a kind smile.  I could tell that no matter how much Ben changes, Judith will always have a place in his heart. 

“Call me Judy,” she tells me with a sincere smile.

I spotted Richard across the room but he didn’t recognize me like Judith did with Ben.  Richard just stared at my much longer legs and curvy new frame.  Even the track suit couldn’t completely hide what was underneath, a body I used to only dream about having.  Ben and I both have minimal body fat although I think mine went to my chest.  My face even slightly changed.  I didn’t have that adorable girl next door face.  I actually have cheekbones now.  I looked and felt like a siren.

“Couldn’t stare, could you,” I said and Richard’s jaw dropped as I approach the table.  “It’s your new and improved wife complete with a killer bod.”

“Sarah?  Oh my God, you’re taller,” was all my husband could say.  Richard was never one for tall women.  He liked his women a little on the petite side which is why I think that’s what his attraction was to me.  Don’t get me wrong, Richard is a great guy but he was all about the physical aspects of a relationship more than the loving aspects of it.  The look in his eyes told me that he didn’t like this one bit.  When he stood up, I could really notice his slight disgust lingering below the skin.  I wasn’t looking up at him much.  Richard maintained his façade of a happy and loving husband but I could just visualize the divorce papers in his hand.  This is probably going to be the last time I see my husband. 

Richard looked even more disgusted when he watched me eat the nasty slop I had been served.  I could tell there was a snide comment just begging to escape his lips but I didn’t care, I was hungry.  I began to miss Ben’s companionship.  I envied the way Judith smiled at her husband as he shoveled the slop into his mouth.  They both laughed when Ben got some on his chin.  Then I saw something I’d never see Richard do in a million years, Ben reached over and took his wife’s hand, planting a loving kiss on her knuckles.  Watching Ben and Judith made my time with Richard tolerable to say the least.  I was more than happy to see Richard go but I didn’t like the heartbreak in Ben’s eyes when he had to say good-bye to his wonderful loving wife.

 

The following day Ben and I fell into our usual routine.  There are no days off for freaks of nature.  We did our usual gym workouts despite the growing soreness in our joints.  Ben is right about one thing, the soreness seems to be hitting around the growth plates.  It’s also hard to gauge our growth with the type of elastic stretchy clothes they gave us to wear but today seemed unusual for some reason.  Everything seemed lower than normal, it wasn’t until Ben hit his head on the doorjam did we realize why we felt so off.  The tech urged us to bypass the treadmill and go straight to the scale.  Ben now stood six foot eight inches tall and I was five foot ten.  We have grown nearly three inches during our eight hours of sleep!

Chapter 3 by nancyarcher

Poor Ben, the scientist began poking and prodding at him.  Ben used his size to his advantage to get them to stop when he threw a guy against the wall without breaking a sweat.  That was another thing too; every time we grow so does our strength.  Ben wasn’t the guy I would be trying to hold down.

“Why don’t you talk to us?  We’re goddamn people, not cattle!” Ben was extremely pissed at this point.  I couldn’t blame him by the way they were trying to hold him down.  They weren’t doing the same to me but why Ben.

“Mr. Harrison, we need to run test on you.  We need to make sure this isn’t a form of gigantism.  Do you feel light headed?” one of the male techs asked.

“If you wouldn’t try to hold me down and talk to me, I’ll cooperate,” Ben stated.  He wasn’t going to give them a choice anymore.

“Alright, we’ll do as you say,” the man said in a frightened tone.  “First can I get a sample of your blood?”

“Yes you may and no I don’t feel light headed.  My joints hurt though,” Ben said as he maintained his frown.  I still couldn’t blame him.  “I am starving as I’m sure Mrs. Peterson is too.  The hunger has sort of become unbearable.  You clowns would know this if you bothered asking.”

“Okay, we’ll get some trays sent down from the cafeteria.  Hector, take Mrs. Peterson that way while you’re at it,” the tech ordered.

“No, Sarah eats with me.  Sarah and I stay together,” Ben said as he looked straight at me while a tech massaged his joints.  His lips quirked up a bit despite his feelings towards the techs. 

They did x-rays and blood work.  Every time Ben and I began to feel even slightly hungry, food was brought to us.  Sweet shy Ben Harrison had become the man in control.  The techs and doctors seemed to bow to him since Ben showed what his size can do.

“Mr. Harrison got your test results back.  There is no sort of genetic defect causing this.  Your growth plates have definitely reopened.   The amount of growth hormone and receptors is astounding to say the least.  Your DNA test shows and extra strand that is nonexistent.  The same goes for Mrs. Peterson.  This is unheard of,” the doctor scratches his head.

“How big will we get?” Ben asks.

“Well, the growth in definitely accelerating but it’s hard to gauge.  The hormones and receptors are sort of replicating.  Your bodies should be able to handle the growth but gravity might not be all that kind.  It’s hard to tell,” the doctor tells us and the look on Ben’s face broke my heart.  “Unfortunately we can’t stop it.  We have to let the process take its course Mr. Harrison.”

“Oh Jesus Ben,” I said as I took him into my arms.

“We’re moving you to another facility.  The cargo plane is waiting outside.  Take whatever you want but most of it won’t do you any good.  Not at the rate your bodies are changing.  You’ll be provided new clothes and personal items.  There will be others there,” the doctor said in the kindest voice he could muster.  I cried on Ben’s shoulder for a moment before taking leave of the generic white walls.

 

Ben and I couldn’t see where they were flying us off to.  The only belongings we brought were the pictures of our kids.  They unloaded us inside a hangar behind closed doors.  By this time Ben and I felt ravenous.  Ben stumbled a bit as the guards escorted us through tunnels.  The small amount of time we were without food caused the symptoms of starvation.  Ben couldn’t hold out much longer as he fell to the floor.  Our escorts immediately went into action.  I was clutching my stomach as the hunger became extremely unbearable.

The men got me a wheelchair and a gurney for Ben.  I groaned as I clutched my stomach.  “We need food,” I moaned as I watched them put IVs into Ben.

“Impossible, you just ate two hours ago before your flight here,” the woman pushing the wheelchair tells me.

“She’s right,” one of the techs working on Ben says.  “They’re just like the others.  According to the feeding schedules at the other facilities these people all require food at the same time.  It’s the same in other time zones too.  Some are eating all hours of the night.”

“Well let’s get some food in you and your friend as well,” the woman says in a more understanding tone.

 

Ben and I were brought to a room where Ben was transferred to a hospital bed.  The bed seemed too cramped for Ben’s large frame.  The rolling table was stacked with two trays full of food.  Ben woke up shortly before the food was wheeled in.  I had my own rolling table too but I sat in a chair.  Ben and I hated this place even more than the last even though the food was better.

Ben and I managed to get our legs back.  The guards were ready to escort us to another hangar.  We never saw the outside.  Tunnels connected each hangar.  Ben and I still felt like cattle.  Ben took my hand and squeezed it.  He seemed frightened and the feeling was mutual for me.

We were taken to a room where six other men and women were.  They all had on the same track suits and each and every one of them been well above average in the height department.  One of the men was even taller than Ben.  They all seemed as frightened as we were but they were also still eating the food from the buffet table.  The one taller than Ben came up to us with a kind smile.

“You must be the last two we all heard the guards talking about.  I’m Paul Masters,” the friendly blond man introduced himself to us.  “Do you remember anything because none of us do except…”

“The light,” I answered.  “That’s all Ben and I remember too.”

Paul frowned.  All of us ‘missings’ didn’t like the fact that twenty-four hours of our life was taken away for no explainable reason.  I wanted answers as much as Paul and Ben.

“I heard one tell the other that we are getting monitored here twenty-four seven, even in our sleep.  Jessie over there thought she heard something about studying us for some sort of super soldier program,” Paul motioned to a leggy redhead talking to another tall man with shaggy brown hair, more like a kid about my Zackary’s age.  “Aaron heard something mentioned about UFOs.  We don’t know what the hell is going on.  Nobody told us anything at our old facilities.  We were just wondering if you guys know anything.”

“Nothing,” Ben answered.  “I had to throw a guy against the wall to get any answers.  I’m surprised anybody here is talking.”

“Me too,” Paul answered with a smile on his face.  “Wish I would have thought of that.  I just let them poke at me.  I don’t know if this is some sort of genetic defect or what.”

“No it’s not.  They have no idea what it is,” Ben answered.  “They’re not even sure it’s going to stop.”

“Hey Paul,” the shaggy haired teen approached our new friend.  “Liz heard that there are children being held.  I don’t know if they can do that.”

“They took you.  It wouldn’t surprise me.  This is Aaron.  He’s the youngest one here,” Paul made his introductions.  We come to find that Aaron is only sixteen.  Children Services came to his parents’ house with orders to take him away.  There was no reasoning for it.  Aaron’s mother thought he was just going through a growth spurt and like with all teenagers and thought nothing of it.  “I hadn’t seen my parents since I hit close to the six foot mark.  I hate this place.”

Some self-important military bastard came into the room.  We were each given assigned dorms but the weird part was each of us was now going to be living coed.  It made no sense to me but I was happy to find out that I was assigned to live with Ben.  I felt comfortable with Ben; I don’t think I would be with a random stranger.  This just didn’t seem right.

To my relief the living space was much bigger than expected with beds that could easily fit Ben’s frame with a lot of extra space.  The rooms were separated off like a regular living space.  Even though we were bunking together, each bed had its own separate room.  It seemed like too much space but I’m sure there is a reason behind all this.  Ben and I crashed as I’m pretty sure the others are doing the same about now.  It was a very eventful day.

 

I woke up to find my old track suit gone and replaced with a sports bra and shorts.  Even my shoes were missing.  Another weird thing they wanted us to do was sleep in the buff.  I never slept completely naked except after having sex with Richard, this was another new experience.  I quickly put the two articles of clothing on.  I go to brush my hair and teeth.  I still couldn’t get over the youthful reflection staring back at me.  I looked fresh and new since this craziness all began.

I found Ben walking out of his room in nothing but a pair of shorts.  A t-shirt would’ve been nice as I caught myself looking at a body that should’ve been carved out of stone.  Ben blushed when he noticed my roving eyes.  Cheese and rice!  Ben is a happily married man!  Why was I even looking in the first place?

“Did they take your clothes too?” I asked.

“Yeah, this is all they gave me.  You’d think they would at least give me my dignity since I have to bunk with a chick,” Ben joked.

“Visitation in five minutes,” an overhead speaker announced.

“We should eat,” I tell Ben.

“They already brought us room service,” Ben said as he motioned to the cart.

“You’d think they would at least let us pick what we wanted since we have to stay in this five star hotel,” I said sarcastically.  Ben laughed as we made ourselves comfortable near the food cart.  We quickly scarfed down the grub.  The soreness and the hunger pangs seem to have lessened a little.  Big plus in my book but that doesn’t mean we won’t start feeling them again.

A buzzer sounded to our dorm room door.  It sounded like one of those buzzers prisons use.  Sure as shit, the next sound was that of a super industrial strength deadbolt.  We might as well have bars too.  We probably would if there were windows in this godforsaken place.

Ben and I remained seated in our chairs as we waited for our guest to come in.  First Richard came in holding an envelope.  I knew it, divorce papers.  Behind him was a teary eyed Judith.  Ben frowned at the sight.  Ben loved his wife and son dearly.

“We were flown here to talk to you,” Richard said flatly.

“Oh Ben!” Judith sobbed as she approached him.  She collapsed into Ben’s very muscular arms.

“In private,” Richard said as he motioned to the bedrooms.  I nodded and stood up.  When I was completely straightened I realized one thing.  My line of sight cleared the top of my six foot tall husband’s head.  Richard looked up at me with his jaw agape as I tilted my head down to look him in the eyes.  I looked down further to see that Richard was wearing his favorite pair of dress shoes, the ones that gave him an extra inch of height.  My feet were completely bare and were actually bigger than my husband’s, well soon to be ex-husband.  I must be six and half feet tall by now and boy did I feel every bit of it.

Chapter 4 by nancyarcher

I let Richard lead the way as I motioned towards my room.  I still couldn’t get over the fact that petite me can actually see over the top of my husband’s head.  Jesus I felt mammoth but not as much as poor old Ben.  Judith looked like a munchkin compared to him.  I felt bad for Judith who couldn’t seem to dry her tears.  Ben folded down as much as he could so he could comfort his wife.  Whatever the news is, it can’t be good.

I sat down on my bed while Richard paced the room trying to find the words to say.  I couldn’t bare the silence much longer but I knew it was Richard’s time to speak.

“You’ve grown quite a bit,” Richard mumbled.  “They told us they weren’t sure if you would quit.  They also said there is no cure or way to reverse it.”  My stomach let out a growl.  Even though Ben and I just ate, our appetites seem to be getting more and more ravenous by the day.  “They also told us you can eat enough to feed five families and that if you don’t eat, you show signs of starvation.”

“That’s what I understand.  That is of what they tell us.  They won’t tell us much,” I said as I folded my arms.  Richard could barely even make eye contact much less look at me.

“They brought us here because this is the last time you are going to see me,” Richard frowned as he looked down at his shoes.  “I don’t like it. I don’t like the whole situation Sarah.”

“Take me home then.  We can work something out,” I said but I knew it was useless.  Richard was in the same spot I was.  Ben and I were locked tight in here.

“There’s no working anything out Sarah.  We know that.  Our marriage is already in a bad place.  They told me and the others that you are now property of the United States government.  They wiped all your records out.  I came today hoping to serve you divorce papers but when I got here, they pretty much took care of it for me already.  I was told that there will no longer be a Sarah Peterson,” Richard sounded solemn. 

“Richard,” was all I could say.

“Sarah, this is probably for the best.  The boys and I are having your funeral tomorrow.  The government is paying for it.  As of now I’m a widower with two sons.  We’re all going to be widowers or in the case of that kid, parents without their son.  I don’t like it Sarah but this is how it’s going to be,” I spied a tear coming out of the corner of Richard’s eyes just as I was holding mine back.  “I wish to God that they would’ve let the boys come.  I know you would’ve wanted to see them.  This isn’t right.”

“No, it’s not.  I didn’t ask for this,” I sobbed.  “I feel like a massive freak Richard.  If only I stayed home that night.”

“It wouldn’t have mattered Sarah.  There were reports of people missing from their sleep and their homes.  People that had good marriages and a happy life.  Look at the man you’re sharing a room with.  Jesus Sarah, you should’ve seen his wife’s reaction to this,” Richard wasn’t happy about this.

All the sudden a strange vision flashed through my head.  I wasn’t the only one getting this as I’m sure Ben and the others are too.  The bright light came into view and then an extremely large shape.  Then another one.  Loud voices speaking in a strange language I never heard before.  Words wanted to escape my mouth but they couldn’t.  I felt retrained as I was lying on my back and then I felt it.  Several needles entering my skin.  I began to scream for my freedom but the words just weren’t coming out.  Then a strange sensation washed over me after all the stinging.  One of the large forms came at me closer.  It was a humanoid of sorts with large blue eyes and thin white hair.  The creature was massive and I was frightened.  The creature seemed to be giving me a sympathetic smile.  Jesus, he was as big as a building.  Then the vision ended with me sitting on the bed in a catatonic state.

“Sarah,” I heard Richard saying my name.  “You okay sweetheart.”  Richard hasn’t called me sweetheart in like forever.  The worried look on his face said it all.  My constant hunger pangs stopped as did the growling.  I felt a strange sensation wash over me.  I felt peaceful for a moment.  Richard kept saying my name but I wasn’t answering, I couldn’t.  Richard was becoming increasingly concerned.  That was when it started.

I stood up but I don’t know why.  I looked down at my husband and noticed that he was slowing becoming smaller.  Richard gave me a horrified look.  I wanted to speak but I couldn’t.  My body felt numb.  I couldn’t speak and I could barely move.  The spandex in the bra and shorts slowly gave away.  I could feel my clothes tighten along my skin testing the limits of the spandex.  Then the ripping sounds.  My body slowly stretching upwards but there was nothing I could do about it.  I felt strange and motionless.  I was aware but I couldn’t move or speak.

Judith ran into the room.  Her jaw dropped when she caught sight of me, totally naked at this point.  I felt like I was looking out of a three story building.  Alarms sounded.  A voice came over the loud speakers declaring a total lockdown.

“It’s happening to Ben too,” I heard Judith tell Richard.  “What are we going to do?”

“How the fuck should I know?” Richard responded to the small woman.  At this point everyone and everything was small to me.

“Dear God in heaven,” Judith muttered.

As this strange thing was happening to me, I became aware that Richard and Judith weren’t the only voices I was hearing.  Aaron and Liz shared one of the dorms next to ours.  I could hear Aaron’s mom through the walls, screaming.  It was happening to everybody.

The sensation began to ebb.  I was slowly coming out of my catatonic state when I looked down.  Down farther than I ever expected.  Richard looked all of six inches tall to me.  At this point all my modesty went out the door.  There was nothing I could do about the nudity.  Even the bed sheets wouldn’t work at this point.  I felt massive at this point as I blinked my eyes.

“Sarah?  Jesus Sarah,” Richard said in a shaky voice.  Judith ran out of the room and back to Ben.  It’s a good thing we were being kept in a warehouse sort of building.  If Ben and I were still at the other place, we would’ve left it to rubble with this strange growth spurt.  Strange isn’t really the word for it.  I felt different.  I wasn’t hungry anymore; my mind was buzzing and my hearing and vision, way better than expected.  Despite my point of view, I could still make out Richard’s every feature.  The crow’s feet at the corner of his eyes, the wrinkles in his shirt.  It was all beyond strange.  Then my concern didn’t reach out to my scared and shocked husband, it reached out to Ben.  I wanted so much to see his kind face.  I all the sudden wanted to feel normal.

I heard the small footsteps of men and women running in the hall.  “Get those people out of the rooms,” I heard a commanding voice shout.  Soldiers came into the room and grabbed Richard.  I just stood there, speechless.

“Ben!” I heard Judith yell.  “Don’t let them take me!”

“Judy!” Ben voice sounded even more commanding than the dinky soldier.  “Leave her alone!”

Richard went of his own free will but I have a feeling the situation is much different in the other room.

“You took my son!  I’m not letting you bastard take my wife too!” I heard Ben.

“Sir, he has the woman.  He smacked two of our men across the room.  They’re both going to be alright.  Stevens has a broken arm.  What should we do?” I heard one of the soldiers say.

“Firing is not an option.  The subject will wear down.  Retreat,” I heard the soldier’s Bluetooth.

I waited until Richard and the soldiers were out of the dorm.  I realized Ben and I are now trapped.  The automatic doors were much too small for our gigantic frames.  The only escape is to break down the walls.  At our new size it shouldn’t be too hard to do but right now I was more concerned about Ben and Judith.  Despite my lack of clothes, I bucked up and went to Ben’s room.  There were no doors, just walls.  There stood Ben, all sixty-two feet of him holding his wife in the palm of his hand.  Fragments of his ripped shorts lies on the floor and Ben held a sheet over him manhood with his other hand.  Judith was shaking.  Not with fear but anger.  I have a feeling that anger is directed towards the soldiers that tried to take her away.

“Are you okay?” I asked, trying not to dwell on the fact that I am complete in the buff.  Ben being the gentleman he is ignored my lack of clothes.  He was focused on Judith.

“No,” Judith said, still seething with anger.  “Those bastards were going to take Ben away from me like they did Ryan.”

“Ryan?”  I asked and Ben turned away.

“I wasn’t the only one missing Sarah.  Ryan was with me,” Ben quietly confessed. 

“When they came for Ben, those bastards took Ryan too.  They wouldn’t let me see him,” Judith began to sob.  I stared at Ben with my mouth open.  “They tore children away too!  This isn’t right!”

Ben didn’t care about his modesty at that moment as he let the sheet drop to the floor.  I was too shook up to think about my own modesty.  Ben began petting his wife gently while Judith cried.  Ben loved his wife, there was no denying that.  It didn’t matter to him that he looked much younger and has a full head of dark hair.  Ben didn’t care about that.  He only cared about his family. I cared about our privacy when I realized the cameras were well within my reach.  I smashed them between my fingers till the static and beeps died down.  I knew then that they couldn’t see or hear us.

“Sarah and I are going to find a way out of here.  We don’t care if we have to tear this place apart to do it.  Judy, I promise that I will find our son,” Ben whispers to her.

“I’ll tear it down brick by brick myself if I have to,” Judith responds.  Ben and I give her a gentle smile.

Chapter 5 by nancyarcher

It took a while for the little mice outside to come up with something for us to wear.  Judith looked around the room for anything that would resemble a needle and thread.  There wasn’t anything, no big surprise there.  Judith cursed the fact that they confiscated her purse.  She eventually found some binder clips and various office supply stuffed away in a back room.  She managed to make a sarong for Ben with the help of her husband holding her so that she could fasten the clips.  It was a good thing the beds where bigger than California kings and the sheets and blankets allowed ample fabric but not enough if you ask me, beggars can’t be choosy I guess.  At least Ben and I have the types of bodies most wouldn’t be afraid to flaunt around nude.  Tight and slick would best describe us.  Ben had the body of a Greek god.  Judith was sure a lucky girl.

A robot let itself into the room.  Ben protectively held Judith in his hand.  There was no way some puny robot was going to get the best of a sixty foot plus giant.  The robot appeared to have yards and yards of fabric in a dull green color like it was sewn from discarded parachutes.  If only I knew how right I was.

“We have brought you clothes,” a voice from the overheard speakers announced and then static came through.  The speaker was now just directed through our dorm only.  “Mr. Harrison, your wife is safe for now but we are watching you and Mrs. Peterson closely.  I wouldn’t try anything funny.  We have someone of value to you.”  The voice paused for a moment and then I heard it; Ben and Judith heard it, “Daddy!”  The unusually loud voice of a boy.  Ben and Judith both frowned.  “He’s not the only one.  There are over a hundred children waiting to be trained and experimented on.  We may not know how they made you but we will find out.”  The speaker shut off.

“They’re fucking mad,” I declared.  “It’s one thing to fuck with me but kids!”

“We need to find a way out,” Ben whispered.

“They probably have an arsenal watching this place,” I whispered back.

“They do,” Judith whispered from her place on Ben’s hand.  “We’re somewhere in the desert.  I spotted several tanks and jets out there.  They wouldn’t tell us where we’re at.  The jet had no windows.  Some of it is the government but I do believe someone else has their hand in it too.  I’ve been doing my homework ever since those assholes took Ben and Ryan away from me.  There was a bunch of UFO sightings the night you went missing.  I think aliens have a hand in this.  I don’t believe they are hostile.  I think they are trying to tell us something.  There is a reason you and Ben were chosen.”

“Ben, did you have a vision before our last growth spurt?” I asked even though I knew his answer.

“Giant humanoids poking me with needles,” he whispered back.  “They didn’t seem evil though.  They looked sorry for what they were doing.  They were huge.  As big as…”

“As big as we now are,” I finished his sentence.  “I had the same vision.  There is a reason they did this to us and I think those little bastards know something.  We have to get out of this hell hole.  We not only have your son to find, we have to figure out a way to make contact.”

“I overheard something,” Judith said as she looked down at Ben’s palm.  “I should’ve mentioned it earlier.”

“What is it sweetheart?” Ben asked his wife.

“The reason the dorms are co-ed is so that you may breed.  Those bastards are playing on your inevitable loneliness.  That is why they wiped you guys from existence.  They wanted to see if you would get so lonely you would start to procreate.  I know in my heart you would never do that to me Ben.  You know I love you,” Judith began to cry.  Ben and I were stunned.  I like Ben but I could never do that to a happily married man even though my own marriage was in the toilet.  Ben gently stroked Judith back with his fingertips.

“Never sweetheart.  I couldn’t do that to you or Ryan.  If we ever get out of here I promise that I’m going to find us a quiet island somewhere and that’ll be our home.  I’ll take care of you and Ryan.  You will be my queen.  I love you baby,” Ben said as he cradled Judith to his cheek.  Despite his size, Ben learned to be gentle fast.  My heart melted at the sight before me.

“My Gentle Ben,” Judith said as she let out a sigh and kissed his cheek.  “I won’t let them take you away from me without a fight.  I don’t care how big you are.”  Judith’s words melted my heart.  I wish Richard did the same for me but Richard was far too shallow to care.

Modesty went out the window ever since Ben and I have grown into true giants.  Judith let me have my privacy as she went with Ben to his bedroom.  You’d think our government would have top of the line everything.  Well they do, except I have a feeling they weren’t ready to deal with people of a humongous nature.  These crummy sewn up parachutes were proof of that.  It was made to fit like a potato sack except tight in the breast.  I felt like I was busting seams up top.  Someone also had the decency to make crude panties made from cheap cotton but no bra.  That’s okay because the ugly parachute dress was holding the girls in place.  I felt like Alice in some sort of sick Wonderland except I wasn’t the only one and apparently there are children in the same predicament too.  I really hated this situation more and more.

I caught sight of my reflection on a steel panel of a wall.  The reflection was a little unstable but from what I could see, the leggy blond staring back looked nothing like me.  Despite the ugly green potato sack, this creature barely resembled me.  Of course she had the same wheat colored hair and steely blue eyes but this woman was stunning.  Her body appeared curvy and strong under the hideous green potato sack.  I was always toned but this chick had a well-defined muscular bod.  Sleek but not bulky like that of a bodybuilder.  Perfect in every way.  I reach over to touch my arm and up to touch my face.  I realize right then and there that Ben wasn’t the only one who had changed.  At that moment, I looked and felt like a living goddess.

I walk out of my little nook to find Ben with Judith.  It had been hours since our growth and neither of us were hungry or thirsty but poor Judith’s stomach growled.  Ben was sitting on the floor with Judith sitting on his chest.  It reminded me of when I was a girl and I had a pet hamster.  People were now the size of domesticated rodents to us.  Judith also looked exhausted as she curled up against her husband’s naked chest.  Ben stroked her.  She was close enough for him to lay a gentle kiss on her.

“I won’t let them take you darling,” Ben whispers to her as he keeps stroking the middle-aged woman.  Ben didn’t look middle-aged anymore.  Like me he had gained his youth back and probably then some but it never changed his thinking.  Ben loves his wife no matter what.  Judith slowly fell asleep under Ben’s warm hand.  “I love you dearest, no matter what,” Ben then whispers.

“She’s hungry.  I’m not even thirsty anymore let alone hungry but Judy needs food.  She’s been drinking water from the bathroom sink but she’s starving,” Ben whispers to me.

“They’re probably trying to starve us but it isn’t going to work.  You’re right about Judy.  We can’t let her suffer.  Maybe she needs to surrender?” I suggested and Ben glared at me.

“Not an option.  Judy has nowhere to go.  We never had many friends and she’s the last of her family.  I’m the only one she has left besides Ryan.  Lord knows what kind of torture they’re putting him through.  I’m not letting her go Sarah,” Ben tells me and he protectively clutches his wife.  I couldn’t argue and frankly I didn’t want to.  Ben felt the kind of love for Judith I wish Richard would’ve had for me.  Then I thought of the kids locked away.  Six year old Ryan Harrison was probably thirty some odd feet tall.  The kids could easily overpower their captors just as I’m sure we can but I bet they were being threatened too.  I bet they were threatening to kill their parents if they weren’t obedient.  Ben, Judith and I needed to think of a plan and fast.

Chapter 6 by nancyarcher

“Bring my wife food and don’t try anything funny with it.  Sarah and I will know,” Ben demanded the disembodied voices that poured out from the speakers.  To us the military resembled generic looking men and women for all we cared.  I couldn’t wait to get my hand around the leader of this operation.  I didn’t have ill will towards all the soldiers that were just following orders, just the bastards in charge.  Ben and I alone could crush them but they had us in a position that is bad for the children.

“Mr. Harrison, we will bring your wife whatever she needs if you and Mrs. Peterson submit to a mouth swab and blood test,” the disembodied voice tells us.  Ben frowns up at me from his place on the floor; his hand still protectively covering Judith.  I nod at him.

“We can’t let her starve,” I whisper to him and Ben returns my nod.

“We’ll do it, only if you bring Mrs. Harrison food first,” I said for Ben.

“Alright but you must submit to our wishes shortly after,” the sinister disembodied voice tells me.

Ben woke Judith up the minute the robot came with the food.  Ben and I have noticed our senses much like the rest of us is ten times that of a normal man.  Ben flicked his fingers at the tray and it hit the robot when he smelled the sedative in the food.  It was not enough to kill Judith but it was enough to knock her out for a while.

“I told you no funny business,” Ben raises his voice towards the speaker.  “You’re lucky I don’t crush your little wind-up toy.  How many millions of taxpayer dollars did that cost?  Some of that is mine and Sarah’s money you know.  Clean food for my wife or no sample.”

The sinister disembodied voice laughs.  “Why Mr. Harrison you are not bluffing!  It’s not just your size that has gotten bigger, so has your attitude.  Need I remind you that we still have your son?  Another tray is on the way and some toiletries.”

Shortly after the robot left the room, a young soldier came into our lion’s den.  He was built like a tank but coming face to feet with giants had the young handsome guy shaking.  I figured they sent a soldier instead of a robot so that Ben wouldn’t take his temper out on a human being like he did the mechanical servant.   Ben smiled down at the man when he realized this tray was clean.

“Thank you sir,” Ben tells the guy.  The soldier nods as he places the tray on a table and quickly takes leave of the room.  Ben carefully places his hand on the floor.  Judith learned to adapt to her husband’s new size as quickly as Ben learned how to be gentle with her.  Judith pats Ben’s hand before jumping off.

“It is safe sweetheart,” he tells her in a gentle voice.  “I am not going to let them hurt you.  I don’t know what they have to gain by drugging your food?  It’s not like Sarah and I can’t hurt them back.”

“You are so good to me Ben.  Room service and five star dining.  I am such a lucky girl,” Judith said with a wink.

“Anything for you Judy,” Ben said as he pulled out the chair next to the table.

“The sleeping accommodations are by far the best in the world,” Judith said as she grabbed Ben’s index finger and hugged it.  Despite the joking around, both Ben and Judith knew that their situation was serious.  “Aren’t you and Sarah hungry too?  I don’t feel right eating in front of you two.”

“I’m not hungry anymore.  I’m not even thirsty.  My body doesn’t require food or water anymore.  It’s weird.  Sarah is the same way too,” Ben tells his wife as he strokes her back with his massive fingertips.  The realization hit me that we are now the biggest land mammals on the planet.  We are bigger than some species of whale.  Those military people have a lot to be afraid about.

“That means more for me then,” Judith said as she took her seat.  She jumped when the door opened again.  This time instead of a soldier, it was another robot.  This one was equipped with massive syringes and two poles with clothes wrapped around the ends.

“We held up our end of the bargain and now you must hold up yours,” the disembodied voice announced.

“Ben, what’s this all about?” Judith asked.

“The robot will take a sample.  Just lay your arms on the floor.  The bot will do the rest.   I then need you to swab the inside of your mouth,” the voice instructed.

“Ben, you didn’t answer me,” Judith said.

“I had to do this so that you can eat honey,” Ben said as he lays his arm down next to the bot.

“No!  They are not getting your DNA!  I’ll starve first,” Judith cried out as she stood up.  The mechanism of the bot was readying the syringe.   Judith stormed over.  Ben grabbed her before the needle was ready to come down on her.

“Dammit Judy,” Ben scolded his wife.  The bot didn’t get one drop of blood and the large needle stuck into the floor.  “Are you trying to get yourself killed?”

“No!  No DNA for those bastards!  Lord knows what they have planned!  Not from you or Sarah,” Judith cried out.  Tears rolled down her cheek.  “You guys are too special.”

“Judy,” Ben said quietly as he cradled his wife in his hand.  “You need to eat.  This is the only way.”  Ben stroked her gently with his fingertips.

“No, it’s not.  Not your DNA Ben.  We need to get out of here,” Judith cried.

“She’s right Ben,” I said as I put my hand on his strong shoulder.  Whatever those aliens turned us into, it was definitely an improvement.  I watched Ben change daily before this point.  He was becoming more and more attractive by the day but I always knew Ben’s heart belonged to someone else.  Judith looked up at me.  Hurt filled her gaze.  She could never hold her husband ever again.  Something as mundane as touching his shoulder was never going to happen for her.  “We need to get out of here,” I whispered.

“Find Ryan but then what?  Where will we go?  We can’t quite go to the nearest town,” Ben frowned.

“We got to at least try honey.  I bet the others want out too.  This is no life… not even for an… average person,” Judith said as she patted Ben’s hand.  Just then, a wall began to crumble.  Our dorm happened to be next to Liz and Aaron’s.  I smiled when I saw the shaggy hair and smirk.

“See Liz!  I told you we weren’t the only ones.  Mrs. P and Mr. H are massive too,” the teen said with an enthusiastic shrug.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=2645