Evolution by nancyarcher
Summary:

This is an adventure story.  Not all giantess and a little PG.  It tells the story of a strange virus taking over the world.  See what happens when the human race changes rapidly.


Categories: Adventure, Couples , Gentle, Giant, Growing Woman Characters: None
Growth: Giant (31 ft. to 50 ft.)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 61 Completed: No Word count: 125638 Read: 382079 Published: March 13 2011 Updated: June 30 2012

1. The World Is A-Changing by nancyarcher

2. The Lab Rats by nancyarcher

3. Giant Surprises by nancyarcher

4. Gifts of Growth by nancyarcher

5. A New View To The World by nancyarcher

6. Big Love by nancyarcher

7. Bigger is Better by nancyarcher

8. Life's Big Surprises by nancyarcher

9. A Little Family Reunion by nancyarcher

10. A Growing Dilemma by nancyarcher

11. Strange Growth by nancyarcher

12. A Growing Matter by nancyarcher

13. The Growing World by nancyarcher

14. Happy Birthday by nancyarcher

15. Reborn by nancyarcher

16. Field Trip by nancyarcher

17. The Reluctant Giants by nancyarcher

18. The Big Secret by nancyarcher

19. Growing Problems by nancyarcher

20. The Growing Generation by nancyarcher

21. Young Giants by nancyarcher

22. The Big New World by nancyarcher

23. Tattle-Tale by nancyarcher

24. Who's Bullying Who by nancyarcher

25. Rescue Me by nancyarcher

26. The Only by nancyarcher

27. Little People, Big World by nancyarcher

28. Growth and Prejudice by nancyarcher

29. Growing Hatred by nancyarcher

30. Love and Giants by nancyarcher

31. Caring and Growing by nancyarcher

32. Growing Acceptance by nancyarcher

33. Growing Love by nancyarcher

34. Homecoming by nancyarcher

35. The Heat Is On by nancyarcher

36. Life Savers by nancyarcher

37. Strange Love by nancyarcher

38. Goodwill by nancyarcher

39. Adoption by nancyarcher

40. Birth by nancyarcher

41. New Growth by nancyarcher

42. Fire and Ice by nancyarcher

43. A New Beginning by nancyarcher

44. Bitter Sweet by nancyarcher

45. Understanding Giants by nancyarcher

46. Learning Curve by nancyarcher

47. Newfound Love by nancyarcher

48. Growing Concerns by nancyarcher

49. Grief by nancyarcher

50. Family Life by nancyarcher

51. Single Giant Father by nancyarcher

52. A New Day by nancyarcher

53. New Titans by nancyarcher

54. Secrets by nancyarcher

55. Changes by nancyarcher

56. Escape by nancyarcher

57. Misson by nancyarcher

58. Birth of Titans by nancyarcher

59. Hope by nancyarcher

60. Just Dropping By by nancyarcher

61. Revelations by nancyarcher

The World Is A-Changing by nancyarcher


Alex and Emma were like any other married couple. They lived in a nice house and were very successful. Alex was a handsome man, standing six foot five with dark blond hair and piercing blue eyes. Some say that he was terminally handsome. Emma had the same blond hair and darker blue eyes. She stood five foot eight. Not too tall but not too short. Some would say a brother and sister looking kind of couple.
Alex and Emma lived a rather quiet and private life. They had no children. Both pushing forty. They kept in shape and ate only organic. Alex and Emma loved each other. Even after the virus.
It was a selective sort of virus. Choosing people at random like any old virus would. It started on a quiet morning when Alex got out of bed. He didn’t need to go to work. He usually worked from home as a CEO of his internet company. Emma didn’t need to work, so instead she would volunteer throughout the community. Today was one of those days she couldn’t work at the women’s shelter.
Alex woke up to his wife next to him. She was very hot and very sweaty. Emma clutched her stomach. Alex ran to the bathroom to retrieve a cold wash cloth.
“I feel so hot,” Emma moaned. Alex put his hand to her forehead. She definitely had a fever. She was shaking.
“It’s okay, honey. I’ll take care of you. Do you feel like I need to take you to the emergency room?”
“No. I think it’ll pass. I don’t want to risk contaminating anybody else,” Emma said.
Alex took her temperature. Despite her burning skin, Emma wasn’t running a fever.
“Weird,” Alex said.
“What is it, honey?”
“You have no high temperature,” Alex said, showing Emma the thermometer.
“If it’s all the same. I think I’ll stay in bed today,” Emma said.
“I don’t blame you, sweetheart. If you need anything, let me know,” Alex said and kissed his wife’s cheek. Emma did just that. She stayed in bed, only getting up to go to the bathroom. All she wanted was water. She had no appetite.
“If you don’t feel better tomorrow, I’m taking you to the doctor,” Alex said.
“We’ll see. I hope it’s a twenty-four hour thing,” Emma said.
“Just the same, I’m sleeping in the guest room tonight,” Alex said and Emma agreed. She didn’t want to make her husband sick.
The following day, Emma woke up feeling strangely renewed. She felt full of energy. No sign of the sickness that overtook her the day before. She put on her robe on and went downstairs to the kitchen where she found Alex making breakfast.
Alex seemed surprised by his wife’s healthy glow as she wandered on into the kitchen. They embraced and Alex kissed her deeply.
“Glad to see you’re feeling better,” he said. “Hungry?”
“Starving,” Emma said. Her stomach let out a loud growl. Alex laughed.
“I’d say, baby,” he said and stole another kiss. “Good thing I had a big breakfast planned.
Emma sat down and read the newspaper while her husband made eggs, bacon, and a nice sized plate of pancakes. Emma poured herself a cup of coffee.
Alex sat down and they both started digging in. Alex is a man with a large appetite, but this morning Emma had him beat.
“I can’t believe you ate all that, Em,” Alex said in surprise.
“Would you believe that I’m still hungry,” Emma said as she went to the fridge and pulled out some leftover chicken.
“I’d better go to the store then. Is there anything special you would like?”
“Not really. I feel up to anything right now. Hell Al, I could eat a whole cow right now,” Emma joked.
“I’ll be back. Don’t clean out the fridge while I’m gone,” Alex said. He gave his wife a kiss and off to the market he went. Little did he realize, Emma did clean out the fridge and a few cabinets. She couldn’t get her appetite under control. It wasn’t until after she demolished the content of her kitchen that she went for a long nap.
Alex stared in shock at the empty refrigerator. In the short time he was gone, Emma had wiped almost all the food. He noticed the egg shells and the empty carton. Emma had eaten the eggs raw. If the virus didn’t make her sick, surely the raw eggs would.
After restocking the fridge, Alex went upstairs to check up on Emma. He found her passed out on the bed. His same sweet Emma. He traced her cheek delicately with his thumb. Her skin felt soft. Not it usual soft. More like that of a baby. She stirred a little.
“Hey baby,” Emma whispered.
“Hey,” Alex said with a smile. He couldn’t be mad at her, even if he tried. Emma was the world to him. “I see you didn’t listen too well,” Alex joked and Emma giggled.
“I couldn’t help myself,” she said. Just then her stomach growled again. “I’m still hungry.”
“Can’t you just ignore it, Em. Jesus, you ate everything. I don’t want to have to go back to the store.”
“I know, sweetie. Maybe if I just sleep a little more. I feel tired too,” Emma said.
“That’s my girl,” Alex said covering up his sleeping wife.
Later in the day, Alex became concerned. Emma slept six hours straight. This wasn’t normal. So he went back upstairs to check up on her. What he saw left him in shock. Emma still laid there, sound asleep, but she looked different. Her face filled out. Looking not like that of an obese person, but like that of a child. Even her hair color changed to a sandy blond instead of Emma’s usual dark color. Alex wanted to wake his wife, but he was afraid. He looked at the book shelf of pictures. Emma like displaying old pictures. He found the one of Emma at age three, fishing with her father. Emma had somehow transformed into an oversized version of her three-year old self.
Alex let out a noise. Emma stirred from her slumber. Alex watched in horror as his wife’s pudgy hands wiped the sleep from her childlike eyes.
“Oh Alex, it’s just you,” she said in a voice that didn’t sound like her own.
"You okay, Em,” he asked. Staring at the oversized toddler that was once his wife.
“You look like you’ve seen a ghost or something,” Emma said. She looks down at her hands. They were not her usual slender hands. In fact they were void of freckle and age lines. “What the…”
She jumped out of bed and into the bathroom. She screamed when she looked in the mirror. Her height was the same, but her body had changed. She became young again. Much, much younger. An oversized child. She felt hideous and monstrous. She started to cry. Alex took her into his arms. This was still the woman he loved, even if he was shocked by the sight of her.
Alex called a friend of his who happened to be a doctor. The man agreed to see Emma at their home. He brought over his bag. He took blood and measured Emma. He even took skin and DNA samples. Emma felt like a science project.
“Never seen anything like it,” Alex’s friend Vin said. “It’s almost like her life is starting over again. Everything physically about her is that of a three year old, but her mind is still there. I’ll run the lab work as quickly as I can. This is something new. I’ll have to see if this virus has affected anyone else.”
“I trust you, Vin,” Alex said as he showed his friend out.
Emma started to cry. She sounded so much like a child.
“I’m a freak,” she sobbed. “What’s going to happen to me, Al.”
“Well, let’s just say that if Vin is correct, I’m glad we live in a house with vaulted ceilings.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“Vin has a theory for now and if it’s true, you are evolving. Your body somehow turned back time and now you are back to growing up all over again. Only this time, you are really going to be daddy’s big girl,” Alex said with a small but somber smile.
“How big does he think I’m going to get?”
“Well, at age three you are half your size. If Vin is right on this. He seems to think you’ll grow to be about ten to eleven feet tall. That is if your body fully matures again.”
“I’m going to be like a goddamn dinosaur then. How is it possible? People with gigantism can’t even walk.”
“You don’t have that kind of gigantism. Vin seems to think you’re going to be wired a little differently. As you grow back up again, your body will be adapted. Please sweetheart, I’m tired. It’s been a long day,” Alex said in frustration. “I’m going to be sleeping in the guest room from now on, by the way. I don’t feel right sharing a bed with you until you’ve matured some. I’m sorry.”
Emma watch as her husband climbed to stairs and then she started to cry again.
A week later, news reports came in across the country and around the world of adults falling ill to some strange virus. It wasn’t biased. Men and women around the world fell ill to the same affects that took over Emma a week ago. Alex shakes his head. “Seems the human race is changing,” he mumbles to Emma who now stands around six feet.
“They have no idea what they are in for,” Emma responds.
“How’s it like, honey,” Alex asks his now four-year old looking wife.
“Weird. Good thing I’ll be aging a lot quicker this time around, but I’m going to have to throw clothes shopping out the window for now.”
“Until people see that the sizes have changed. One size does not fit all,” Alex says and Emma laughs. “At least my newest venture will be ready by then. Clothing for the newly evolved.”
“I’m so lucky to have such a smart husband,” Emma says. Normally she would kiss him, but their marriage has kind of been on hold for now, at for another sixteen weeks.
“I don’t feel so good all the sudden. I think I’ll go to bed,” Alex says. He stood up and fell to the ground. His skin felt hot to the touch. Emma carried Alex to the guest room.
“Hold on, baby. Looks like it’s your turn,” Emma said.

The Lab Rats by nancyarcher

Alex slept the day away.  Emma worried about her husband, but there was no way she was leaving the house.  She called Alex’s friend, Vin.

“I’ll be on my way, Emma,” Vin said.

“Thanks Vin,” Emma said.

She went up to the guest room to find that Alex was awake.  Alex gave her a sickly smile.

“Looks like I won’t be leaving the house any time soon,” Alex said to Emma.  “We really should be looking into getting some bigger doors in this place.  Maybe we should move.”
“Oh Alex,” Emma said as tears filled her eyes.  She went to her husband and sat on the edge of the bed.  Emma had on Alex’s sweats and an oversized T-shirt.  None of her clothes or shoes fit her anymore.  She hugs her ill husband.  Alex held her like the child she has become.

“Hard to believe, but in twenty four hours I’m going to start looking like you do now,” Alex tells her.  “I don’t know what we’re going to do now.”

“We need to find another place to go to.  At least till this evolving thing is made public,” Emma sobbed.

“Tell me more about how it feels, Emma,” Alex said, trying to ease his child looking wife.  Emma is so propionate to her size.  She weighs more than the average six foot person due to her stored up baby fat.  Recently she has started reading everything that she could get her hands on.  Her mind had a need to learn all over again.  Instead of basic skills like the first time around, Emma engrossed herself in complicated mathematics and others things she never had the knack of before.

“It’s amazing.  I feel smarter than I did before.  I have all the energy of a child.  If I wasn’t pent up inside all the time, I feel I could run a hundred miles without getting winded.  I still feel a need for a nap though,” she tells him.

“Vin said you would have a need to learn new things.   I can’t wait to experience it all with you, sweetheart,” Alex said, giving her a big smile.

“In a way I was hoping we never changed,” Emma said, surprising her husband.

“Why is that, Em?”

“I’ve always looked up to you.  If you stayed the same, you would be looking up to me,” Emma said shyly.

“Oh Emma.”

 “At least this way nothing will really change.  I would miss being held in your arms,” she said and kissed Alex’s cheek.

Vin came as he said he would.  He checked Alex.  Then he made a suggestion that didn’t surprise the couple too much.

“There’s a hanger on the outskirts of town that’s getting used as a secret clinic until this is made public.  I’d like to transport both you and Emma there.  That way we can study a little closer what’s going on.  You can be the first full study subject we have Alex, and Emma can be our model subject.  We can use her to gage how far this evolution will go,” Vin explained.  “We can also make sure that you two will get the proper nutrition and care.”

“We should probably move out of here before Emma can’t use the doors anymore.  What do you say, Em?”  Alex asks his wife.

“I have grown quite a bit in a week,” Emma pondered.

“You age a year a week, Emma.  By this time next week you will be the same height if not taller than Alex.  You have about a good two weeks here before this starts getting difficult for you and we'll have to call the fire department to get you out of here.  This will be your best option without dealing with the public for the time being,” Vin explained.

“We’ll just say that we went on a vacation,” Alex said, already thinking up an excuse.

“I’ll also make sure you have enough stuff to study there.  I know now that even though you have all your old memories and intelligents, there is much more brain capacity that you have developed.  We want to study that too.  Plus, there will be enough space for you to roam and exercise.  You can’t do that here,” Vin explained, looking straight into the little girl eyes.

“You have a point,” Emma responded.  “I want to know when can we go?”

“We’ll transport you two tonight after the neighbors are asleep.  We have to keep this top secret.  I’ll bring an ambulance to pick up Alex.  You can ride in the back with him.  Don’t bother packing.  We’ll have everything you’ll need at the hanger,” Vin said.

“What about clothes and toothbrushes?” Emma asked.

“Our clothes won’t fit us in another week, Em.  Next week about this time, I’ll be pushing seven feet,” Alex managed to say.

“We are already working on that with the help of Alex’s new venture.  You will want for nothing.  We want to keep this as private as we can for as long as we can. Trust me on this, Emma,” Vin said as he held out his hand.  Emma took it and gave him a gentle shake.

Around three a.m., the ambulance pulled up onto the Anderson’s property.  Emma helped Vin move Alex from the house.  Vin notices that Emma seemed a tad taller than she did this afternoon.  After Alex was moved out to the transport vehicle, Vin took another round of measurements just as he had done that afternoon.  Emma stood at six foot one whereas this afternoon she was only five foot eleven.  She had also gained about ten pounds to go with it.  Vin wrote down Emma’s new stats on his clipboard.  Now the six foot man was shorter than the oversized child-woman with him.  The doctor was totally amazed.

The following day, Vin’s staff couldn’t keep up with Alex’s demand for food.  Vin and his people recorded everything.  Even the five pizzas they had to order to feed the giant female toddler and the test subject.  They test Emma’s motor skills and gave her an I.Q. test.  She scored 150 versus her high school SAT which was only 110.  Her mind was rapidly evolving.

Alex fell into a food coma after about two hours of eating.  Vin set up his camera equipment to watch for any physical changes on the sleeping man.  Emma didn’t want to wake up Alex, but couldn’t wait to see his transformation.

Vin looked though the old photo album Emma brought with her.  He posted the old photos on a board for reference.  Old school and baby pictures.  Emma appeared to be looking more like her kindergarten picture.  Vin took note of it.   He also took note of Emma’s growth.  Measurement started to become a daily ritual.  Emma grew one to a half inch almost daily.  Internal everything seemed to be growing as expected as well.  Weight gain was another thing too.  Every morning he would start weighing Emma on the shipping scale.

Eight hours later, Vin had his first male subject in the form of Alex.  His six foot five framed transformed into that of a toddler.  Emma hugged him.  They were almost the same height.  Emma was now a couple of inches taller.

“I feel like the Michelin Man,” Alex said when he took in his chunky frame.  Emma, Vin, and the staff all laughed.

“You can play the part of my little brother now,” Emma said and kissed his cheeked.

“Funny,” Alex said in his childlike voice.

“Come on shorty.  Let’s get something in your belly,” Emma said, taking his hand.  The staff all laughed at the two giant children.

As the weeks went on, Alex and Emma kept evolving.  Two of Vin’s staff members fell ill to the virus.  Instead of calling in for work, Vin insisted they stay.  He made the two start journaling their experience.  Vin kept in touch with other top secret labs around the world.  Emma and Alex were still the original test subjects.  Emma had now grown into a sixteen year old and Alex was now fourteen and taller than his wife.  The two were going through their awkward teenage phase.  Emma stood at eleven foot three and Alex was twelve foot even.  They both weighed over a ton a piece.

Vin worked on creating a food substitute in the form of a shake to keep their hunger pangs at bay.  Food supply would eventually become an issue with the new race of giants taking over the world.  Right now as it stood, only a handful of people have become affected by this new evolution.  The total stood at a thousand and five, but Vin suspected that that number would grow.  No children or teenagers seemed affected by it, just people in their thirties and forties.  The elderly seemed like an untouched group too.

Vin looked up at his old friend who was twice his size now.  He looked like that awkward kid that he used to play ball with.  Tall and slender.  Shaggy hair and awkward.  Alex gave him a smile.

“Never thought I would ever have to relive these years again,” Alex said in his newly changed voice.  He was grateful to be getting his old voice back.

“Bet you never thought you would be big man on campus again either,” Vin joked as he climbed up to the catwalk.  Workers put up the catwalk for the sole purpose of talking to Alex and Emma on their respective level.  Alex laughed.

“I never thought I would be roughly the size of an elephant either or have the brain capacity to score above an I.Q. test,” Alex said with a long look.

“No more Saturday racket ball or basketball.  It’s safe to say that you’ll kick my ass,” Vin tried to cheer his friend up.

“Will we ever get out of here, Vin?  I don’t mean to be ungrateful.  I just want to go back to my life.”

“Soon.  First I want to make sure you don’t keep aging so rapidly.  You and Emma have grown so much in the past weeks.  Sometimes I swear I can see you two growing before my eyes.”

“I can feel it.  Especially lately since I’m in my growing years,” Alex said.  He felt himself shudder and shack.  Sure enough, just as he stood there talking to Vin, he felt himself pop up about an inch.  Instinctively, Alex leaned against the makeshift fifteen foot wall that had a measuring chart.

“Twelve foot and three inches.  This morning you were exactly twelve feet.  You’re definitely hitting some major growth spurts.  I figure you’ll be around thirteen feet before long.  Emma has slowed down dramatically.  I give her another five weeks and she’ll stop,” Vin explained.  He knew his friends were getting weary of their new plight.  No one ever wants to wake up to being twice their size.

Emma came in from the outside.  She looked beautiful in her pink sundress and naturally curly locks that went down her back.  Alex couldn’t deny that being a giantess agreed with his wife.  She seemed to glow with a newfound energy that she hasn’t had before.  Her hair always seemed in place and her skin as rosy as ever.  She bragged that she didn’t need makeup anymore, although she did use a tube of pink lip gloss once in a while.  The flavored kind that Alex liked so much.

Emma hugged Alex.  Alex felt awkward around his wife.  His long willowy frame looked strange next to Emma’s curves.  She looked so good to Alex.

“I miss you, Al,” Emma said.

“You only went for a walk,” Alex said.

“I know.  Even out there I’m reminded just how big I am,” Emma said.  Alex looked down at the flowers his wife picked.  Emma always picked daisies, they were her favorite, but instead of daisies, Emma held a bouquet of cherry tree branches with loads of blossoms.  “You see, you’re the only one who I feel comfortable around anymore,” Emma then said with a tear in her eye.   Alex took her into his arms.  Emma felt calm being enveloped into her husband.

“There will be more of us, sweetheart.  Ally and Steve will be like us soon,” Alex tried to soothe his gigantic wife.  At least she wasn’t gigantic to him.

“We might be old and gray by then.  I hate this not knowing,” Emma sobbed.

Just then, Vin’s assistant approached him on the catwalk.  The tall blond woman handed Vin a folder.  Vin flipped through it and cleared his throat to get the two giants attention.

“Seems I just got some good news regarding you two,” Vin said.  “Your blood is quite extraordinary.  The test shows that Emma’s aging is slowing down.  We guess that you will stop completely aging by the evolution age of twenty-five, by then your aging will slow down to normal.  Although your blood and skin is different than when you were human.  You may stay looking and feeling twenty-five for a lot longer.”

Emma leaned over the catwalk and kissed Vin on the forehead.  Vin smelled like lip gloss and Emma left her mark on him.  Alex laughed at his friend and Vin smiled.

“I’m glad I can make your day, Emma,” Vin said, wiping the pink mess off his face with a handkerchief.  Alex hugged Emma and put his head on her shoulder.

“This is great news,” Emma squealed.  She threw her arms around Alex’s neck and they kissed deeply.

Giant Surprises by nancyarcher

Alex looked at himself in the large piece of polished steel.  He didn’t recognize the person staring back at him.  Of course he looked to be about seventeen, but this wasn’t the seventeen year old he remembered.  He had no pimples, freckles, moles, or even that small red birthmark under his right eye.  Of course his other features were pretty much the same, except his upper body.  He looked more defined and muscular.  He had a six pack and a well chiseled chest.  Strange thing was that Alex never worked out as hard as he used to.

“Your metabolism is different now.  Your body doesn’t store fat like it used to,” he heard the voice of his friend.  “In fact, I wish we could bottle it up and sell it.”

“Where did all my scars go?  I noticed the same thing with the others,” Alex said, still looking at his reflection.

“Your body repaired itself through the whole growing process.  In fact, it still is.  Today you’re twelve feet, seven inches tall.  Your skin is UV resistant.  Your eyesight is better than twenty-twenty.  Everything about you Alex is far more superior then when you were human,” Vin said from his place on the catwalk.

“Amazing,” Alex muttered.  Then that strange feeling came over him again.  He watched his reflection stretch.  The sensation of growing felt like a tingling in his body.  Vin got out his notepad and wrote something down.  Alex stood near the wall again.

“Twelve feet, eight inches,” Vin proclaimed.  “This is amazing.  Oh, before I forget, I have some more news for you, Alex.  I’m going to allow for you to have that voice activated computer you requested.  The tech guys are setting it up in the private room as we speak,” Vin then said.

“That’s great!  My employees and partners probably thought I dropped off the face of the earth.  This is the longest I have ever been out of contact with them.  I did send out an e-mail the day we came here stating that Emma and I were taking a long vacation and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to communicate in some of the places we were going,” Alex said.

“I’m glad I can make your day, old friend.  I advise you to only use e-mail and voice chat for now.  No video conferences for another eight weeks.  By then you should look twenty-five,” Vin said.

Alex waited until the tech guys were out of the hangar.  Alex sensed that some of Vin’s staff is starting to get fearful of him and Emma.   The staff started calling them mega-humans behind their backs.  Emma was very hurt by these comments.  “They make us out like we’re Godzilla or something,” Emma sobbed one night in the private room.  Alex did his best to soothe her.  He didn’t want her to know that he was hurt by those comments too.  Then to add insult to injury, the government sent the military in to watch over all the secret clinics across the country.  No fly zones were even declared and citizens were told to go to the emergency room at the first sign of the virus.  Little did the public realize that they were getting sent away to these 'secret clinics’?

Vin was even getting watched like a hawk.  He was now required to do psychological evaluations on all his charges.  They even wanted to do genetic testing of varying kinds and even experiments that the good doctor found questionable.  Vin wrote the president a formal letter stating his views.  Little did the man in charge know that one of Vin’s patients was very high profile.  The president answered Vin’s letter immediately.

“Consider the computer setup as good news,” Vin said to the open doorway of the private room.  Vin looked like a small child standing in the fourteen foot doorway.  He looks to the makeshift desk approximately six and a half feet tall.  On the desk was a sixty inch screen television with a computer tower hooked up to it.  Alex sat down in the makeshift chair made from whatever heavy wood that could support a giant’s weight.

“What do you mean, Vin?” Alex asks the child sized man.

“The president is visiting all the ‘clinics’.  Ours is going to be the first.  Seems some of the bureaucrats want to start legislation for what is getting dubbed as ‘mega-humans.’  They want to start a registration system for all those affected by the virus.  They even want to try segregating the so called mega-humans from the normal populace for fear of what you might be capable of.  I think it’s a bunch of bullshit,” Vin said, scratching the back of his head.

Alex slammed his hand down on the table, causing the wood to crack.  His face turned red with fury.  Vin had never witnessed anger from any of his patients and this was a first.  Most of his staff would cower at the sight of this outburst, but Vin knew that his friend’s anger wasn’t directed at him.

The staff feared Alex out of all the charges.  He was the biggest of all the others with Steve only a close second.  Steve was five ten in his previous life.  Now he stood around eleven feet, five inches.  The males scared the staff more than the females.  Allison was the shortest of the four.  In her previous life she was a petite five foot three and now she stands ten feet, two inches.  Emma was the only fully grown one of the four.  She has grown into a respectable eleven feet, six inches.  Her height has remained the same for about a week now and she looked the legal age of eighteen.

“I’m sorry, Vin,” Alex quickly apologized when he realized how scary he appeared at that moment.

“You have every reason to be angry.  Hell, I know I am.  I’ve been by your side from the beginning of all this.  I know for a fact that those who are unchanged have nothing to worry about.  If anything, it would be a benefit living alongside your kind.  It pisses me off when I hear them call you mega-humans,” Vin said.

“Emma says it makes us out to be a bunch of Godzillas,” Alex said, grateful to have his friend on his side.

“I don’t see you breathing fire.  If anything, I’ve seen you guys solve complex problems that no other person had been able to solve before,” Vin said and Alex smiled down at his friend.  “Oh yeah, I have to tell you this, but promise not to get too angry.”

“I promise, Vin.  That was a onetime thing, besides I can’t afford to give myself some more work,” Alex said, looking at the crack in the wood.

“You’re not going to like it, but I must tell you before you get online and find out.”

“What is it?”

“Other countries have come public with this whole evolution thing.  They are forcing the newly evolved into their militaries.  Some of the dictatorship countries have been slaughtering them because of their refusal.  The women are destroyed the moment the virus strikes.  They are unaware that you guys are above all that.  You’re not pacifistic giants, but your world views are different from ours,” Vin explained and Alex frowned.  He felt like crying for his fellow brothers and sisters.  People he will never know. 

Alex has grown into a different person this time.  At first he never wanted this.  He would miss his sports cars and long drives in the country.  He would miss the sound of the stock market when his company made high earnings or the smell of new custom made Italian shoes.  Those things didn’t matter to the new Alex.  Those things were just that, things.  Just materials that didn’t mean a hill of beans to a giant.  Instead of his custom made suits, he now wore cotton pants and tunics designed for his constantly growing body.  It wasn’t stylish and he didn’t care.

Vin left the room and Alex resumed with booting up the computer.  He had a stick he used to press the start button.  He got up and shut the door.  Everything in this room was as close to scale as possible.  Even the doorknob on the door was put to Alex and Emma’s level.  The room was sparse with only the makeshift desk, eight box springs and eights mattresses all arranged to look like a giant bed.   Not the most comfortable of arrangements, but Alex and Emma couldn’t afford to be picky.  Even the blankets on the makeshift bed were expertly sewn together. 

Vin did the best he could to make his giant friends comfortable.  Vin knew how important it was for them to feel as normal as possible.  The private room was created just for them.  No cameras and soundproofed walls.  It was the only sanctuary the giants had.  There was even one at Steve and Ally’s hangar.

Alex used the voice activation.  He told the computer to go to his e-mail and the computer did just that.  He used his stick to hit the scroll down button on the keypad.  He found an e-mail his secretary recently sent.  It was regarding his new top secret venture.  Seems the board is questioning Alex’s sanity.  Caroline Honeywell was Alex’s most trusted employee.  She had been his secretary since the company first launched.  She was well aware of Alex’s new project, but never questioned much.  She trusted his instincts, but now she was truly concerned.  Alex looked at the clock and decided to make a personal phone call to Caroline via the computer.  He gave the computer his order and soon he heard the dial tone of his secretary’s phone.

“Anderson Corporation, this is Honeywell.  The boss is out of town.  Can I take a message?”

“Caroline?  It’s me, your boss,” Alex answered, a little excited to be talking to someone other than a lab tech.  A voice from his old life.

“Mr. Anderson!  So good to hear from you!  Are you on a bad connection or something?  Why are you shouting?” Caroline said.  Just then Alex realizes that the tone of his voice must be twice as loud as it used to be.  He brought himself back together before speaking again.

“No.  It this better?” he asks in a softer tone.

“You sound like you again,” Caroline chuckled.  Alex grinned.

“I got your e-mail.  What’s going on?”

“Oh, I sent that a couple of days ago before the news came out.”

“What news?”

“The news about the giant people.  It’s been all over the place.  Are you on some deserted island or something?”  Caroline said.  Alex caught himself smiling.  “The partners thought you were off your rocker when you started Colossus Wear.  They thought it was some kind of big and tall line until they saw the government contracts.  Then they thought you were playing some kind of prank until they turned on the news and saw the footage of some giant teenagers in London.  You should’ve seen their faces.  They thought it was some kind of hoax at first until the prime minister gave his address,” Caroline explained in a chuckle.

“I wish I could’ve been there,” Alex answered, thinking there was no way in hell he could fit in the boardroom much less the revolving doors to get into the high rise, or even the elevator and stairs.  Vin told Alex that he was the tallest one on record at the moment.  Boy, the board member would piss their pants if they saw him now.

“I can’t believe you haven’t seen it.  People over ten feet tall mingling in the London streets with normal folks.  The prime minister is letting them be for the moment.  He says that they are citizens just like anyone else.  Funny, but I haven’t seen anybody like that here yet.  I think it has to do with that weird virus going around.   Did you know about this?” Caroline said.  ‘Yeah, Emma was like the very first case,’ Alex thought to himself, but didn’t want to say it out loud.

“Just call it my gut instinct,” Alex answered.

The door opened to the private room.  Alex didn’t turn around to see who it was.  He didn’t need to.  He knew that is was his Emma.  She was the only one besides Steve and Ally that could enter the private room without knocking.

Emma looked stunning in her simple cotton dress that hugged her curves in all the right ways.  Alex still couldn’t believe how amazing she looked and Emma felt the same about Alex.  “Who are you talking to, honey?” Emma asked in her regular tone.  Alex gestured to her to lower her voice.

“Caroline,” Alex answered.

“Must be that bad connection again?  Tell Emma she doesn’t need to shout,” Caroline’s voice said over the computer.

“I’m sorry, Caroline.  It’s good hearing your voice again.  How’s everything going,” Emma asked.

“Just filling your husband in on the latest developments.  I hope all is well with you, Emma?  I miss seeing your smiling face around here,” Caroline said.  She wasn’t just buttering up to the bosses’ wife, Caroline really did like Emma.

“I hope so,” Emma mumbled but Caroline didn’t hear it.

“Oh yeah, before I go, the board wants to see you at the next meeting.  You think you can make it?  It’s about six weeks from now,” Caroline said.

“I don’t know.  I’ll keep you informed.  We may have to do it elsewhere if I can make it.  I’ll talk to you soon, Caroline,” Alex said and Caroline said her good-byes as well.

Alex got up out of the chair.  Emma instinctively embraced him.  Alex was the only normal thing in Emma’s life right now.  Ever since her growth, Emma has felt a bit out of place.  Alex made her feel like herself.

“Alex, I got something to tell you,” Emma said, looking up into his beautiful blue eyes.

“What is it, sweetheart?”

“Vin wants me to keep it secret from the others.  Ally and Steve are the only ones other than Vin that knows about,” Emma said in her nervous way.

“What is it?” Alex asks her softly.

Emma looked to the door to see if it was shut tightly.  She was rather nervous and she didn’t want the lab techs or the military people hearing her.  Alex leans his head down to her so she could whisper it in his ear.

“I’m pregnant,” she whispered and Alex’s face lit up.  He was so happy to hear those words.  Ever since the private room was built, Alex and Emma made all the use of it they could. 

“That’s great, baby,” he said, giving her a warm smile, but Emma frowned.  “Aren’t you happy?  Haven’t you always wanted one of your own?”

“Before all this.  Alex, we need to get out of here.  I don’t want to be subjected to anymore test.  I don’t want our baby being treated like some sort of science project either,” Emma sobbed.  Alex held his wife.  He knew that she was right.  “The baby is going to be like us,” she then whispered.

Gifts of Growth by nancyarcher

Emma hoped that this birth would be like that of a normal human woman.  She didn’t want this child growing inside her the way Alex and her have grown in these previous weeks.  Vin and Ally checked her in Ally’s private room.  Ally and Steve both proved to be just as competent as Vin when it came to doctoring the giants for which Emma was grateful.

The testing confirmed that Emma would come to full term in the typical nine months it takes an average woman.  Till then, they had to hide it and make plans for escape.  A giant’s knock sounded from the fourteen foot door.  The door cracked open to reveal the one person that made Emma happy.  It was her Alex.  He had on a light blue tunic with black pants.  It put her in mind of hospital scrubs.  His shaggy blond hair went to his shoulders.  Cut by one of Vin’s most trusted techs.  A woman in her fifties that will never see the world the way Alex and Emma have, but she was a very sweet and quiet woman that treated the giants with kindness.  Something that most of Vin’s staff was afraid to do.  To most of them, Alex, Emma, Steve, and Ally were only test subjects.

Her name was Robin McAllister.  She baked cookies for her grandkids on her days off.  Now she baked an extra batch or three for the large people she spent her days with.  She’d sewn blankets and clothes for them.  Made them feel as welcomed as possible.  Robin felt sorrow for the Andersons and her co-workers.  She didn’t like the way her other co-workers and the military treated them.  They were people to her.  People trapped like prisoners.

Alex bent down over the makeshift bed and held his wife’s hand.  Today Alex looked eighteen but he was still growing.  At twelve foot nine inches, he still towered over everyone.  He kisses Emma’s forehead and gives her a warm and loving smile.  He looks to the seventeen year old looking giantess with the dark curly hair and doe like eyes.  Allison Hayes’ once five foot three frame now stood ten feet six inches.  Just like in her teen years, Allison had recently quit growing.  Her once frizzy hair is now permanently and perfectly curly.  Her skin like porcelain.  Ally was far from that near sighted, overweight lab tech that she once was.  Now she is beautiful towering goddess.

His eyes then move down towards Vin Gunderson.  A man in his late thirties and still unaffected by the new evolution.  Still six feet tall and with blond hair and looks of a movie star.  ‘It’s only a matter of time, my dear friend,’ Alex thought to himself.  News of what is being dubbed as ‘the growth virus’ is now all over the international news bands, but American news is keeping it hushed.  More and more people in their thirties and forties are getting affected every day.  Some people are crying while others rejoice calling it the new age of humanity.  The numbers keep multiplying by the day.  Alex is the only high profile case.  There have been no reports of celebrities or public figures being hauled away.  Just average everyday people.

“Good news,” Vin proclaimed.  “It’s going to be a normal term pregnancy.  That gives us time.”

“We still need to get out of here,” Ally said, looking up at Alex.  “Vin has trained Steve and me on everything we need to know.”

“We’ll see what happens after this afternoon, Ally.  I don’t want to jump the gun just yet.  I want to see if I can convince the president to let you all go.  I don’t see why America wants to keep this all hushed.  You guys are no threat to us.  Besides, I have a feeling my day will come.  They can’t keep the new species of man a secret too much longer.  The virus is accelerating.  It’s only a matter of time,” Vin said.

“Maybe we should plan a revolt,” Ally said.  “With more and more getting affected, we can have an army that will be far larger than any other.”

“That’s not a good idea right now, Ally.  There are only a few fully grown giants like us.  The rest are still children,” Emma said.

“Just an idea,” Ally mumbled.

“Let’s see how Vin’s meeting with the president goes first.  Then we can start making plans.  For now, we need to act natural.  Do things that we normally do.  Act as we always do,” Alex said, taking charge.

“Alex is right,” Emma said, taking her husband’s side.  “If we are the way we usually are, maybe they’ll let us go back to our old lives.”

“Nothing will ever be the same again,” Ally said.  “I’m twice the size of my fiancée.  I can’t even fit into my two bedroom bungalow or drive my car, but you know what the weird thing is…”

“What’s that, Allison?” Vin asked, looking up into Allison’s chocolate colored eyes.

“I don’t seem to care about all that anymore.  Of course I still love Harry, but the house and car can go to someone who needs it for all I care.  We all know by now that there is no cure to this.  Hell, I wouldn’t want cured if there was.  I see things so much more clearly now.  I don’t want wars.  I don’t want to hurt anybody even though it wouldn’t take much for me to do that now.  I just want everyone to get together and live in peace.  I know that is all us giants want,” Ally explained.

“That is so true,” Emma agreed.  “But the little ones don’t understand.  If they let us go free, we can show them.”

Vin had a strong feeling that the giants in the room were talking amongst themselves now.  It’s happened before.  The four giants have united in ways Vin and his staff haven’t realized.  They didn’t have to open their mouths to speak to one another anymore if they didn’t want to.  Their brains have developed way beyond that of the most intelligent human.  Vin suspected this, but never reported it.  In fact, Vin started to leave a lot of things out of his reports.  He did this for the giants’ sake.

Alex has been his respected friend since childhood and Vin has learned to love the others all the same.  He worried for Emma’s safety.  The child she is carrying will be the first full bloodied of the new species.  A child that some sadistic scientist would love to get their hands on.  He caught wind of experiments involving DNA extraction and injected it into an unchanged subject.  Usually one in the age ranges the virus hasn’t affected.  There have been deaths in all cases.  Vin worried that someone higher up will start pushing down on him and if they find out about Emma, all bets are off.

Alex helped Emma off the bed.  Emma didn’t let go.  It’s coming.  Alex’s thought reached Emma’s mind.  Just then, Emma felt Alex’s hand expand around her own.  Vin pulled out his notepad and jotted down the time. Vin ripped the piece of paper out and threw it to the ground.  He looked up at his taller friend.

“I’ve had enough,” Vin proclaimed.  “We are in private space.  I don’t need to be writing down every damn time I see you grow, Alex.  Just because they want to know!  Judging from the others, you are going to be twice as big as you were when you were human!  I can truly say that you will stop at close to thirteen feet, but them bastard don’t want to hear it!  Emma is twice of five foot eight, Ally is twice of five foot three and Steve will end up being twelve feet five inches!  I know you guys are telepathic, but those bastards don’t need to know that, just as they don’t need to know about Emma.  I’ve had it with the whole situation,” Vin vented to the three giants.  Just then, there was a knock high up on the door.  

Steve poked his head in through the door.  He gave Vin a sympathetic look.  Steven James was your typical lab rat before the virus.  Thin as a rail with unruly red hair and glasses.  Now Steve’s new gigantic frame was still thin in built, but a muscular thin.  His freckles all disappeared which made his green eyes pop out.  Just like Ally, his vision improved so greatly that there was no need for glasses.  Even his hair was all in place just like the others.  Growing big had agreed with all of them.

“I’m sorry, Vin,” Steve whispered.  He shut the door.  Vin felt crowded in a room full of giants, but the faces were friendly and kind.  Steve got down on bended knee so that Vin wouldn’t feel so overwhelmed.  The giants didn’t mean to make him feel this way. 

“He knows about the telepathy,” Ally said to Steve.  Steve frowned.  Then Vin felt something poking at his brain.  It passed and Steve smiled.

“He hasn’t reported it and he isn’t going to.  Vin is on our side,” Steve said over his shoulder to Allison.

“You each possess stronger talents?” Vin questioned.

“Yes,” Alex answered.  “Steve is a super gifted telepath.  We all have the gift, but not like Steve’s, probably because he was empathic as a human.  Ally is super flexible and has quick reflexes, because of her need to stay in shape.”

“Believe it or not, but that overweight girl used to be a black belt,” Ally said with a smile.

  “Emma has always been a nurturer.  She has a notebook of formulas that can grow plants twice their size, feeding all of us newly evolved giants.  No offense, but that shake your people have come up with sucks,” Alex said with a smile.  Vin laughed.

“What can you do, my friend?” Vin said, looking up at the towering Alex.

“He’s a good leader and one hell of a problem solver.  Alex has a way about him,” Steve said, looking up in admiration.

“You have all the makings of a new society.  A better society,” Vin answered, looking up at all his friends.  “You’re secrets are safe with me.”

“And McAllister,” Steven said.  Vin gave him a strange look.  “She is the only one who treats us like we’re people.  The others look down on us,” Steve than joked, but no one was laughing.

“We feel like we’re nothing to them,” Emma answered.  “I caught that Franklin guy ogling at me one day.”

“Yeah, that perv tried to look up my dress,” Ally said.  Alex remained calm despite this claim.  No point in getting angry with the humans.  That’ll give them less of a reason to release us, Alex broadcasted to the others.  They quit considering themselves as humans, they now referred to themselves as giants.   Even Vin quit calling them that long ago.

“I’ll have a little talk with Franklin.  Tell me if my staff is treating you all ill.  I’ll take care of it,” Vin tells the two giantesses.  “Is that all?  I need to get ready for our VIP,” Vin then says.

“We’ll walk with you to the main hangar,” Alex says.  “We’ve been in here far too long.  We can’t have the others getting suspicious.”

Alex and Emma walked with the good doctor back to their hangar.  Ally and Steve stayed in their hangar.  The giants all went about their day as usual.  Vin was giving Alex his daily checkup when the president of the United States walked in with his secret service trailing behind.  The men pulled off their dark sunglasses and stared up in shock at the overgrown CEO of the Anderson Corporation.  Alex just gave them a big smile.

A New View To The World by nancyarcher

The men stared at the giant man.  Vin stood on the catwalk with his stethoscope hearing the loud and healthy heartbeat.  He looked up at Alex.  “You’re twelve feet ten inches.  Your heart rate is good.  You’re growing a little taller than expected, but I don’t see any issues.  Your age is now twenty human years.  Everything is as it ought to be, Alex,” Vin said, knowing there was a crowd of government people behind him.  “You can go find your Emma.  I’m finished for now,” Vin said, looking up and giving Alex a wink.  Vin wanted the president and his secret service to hear all this.

Alex then crawled under the catwalk, passing the secret service and the president, giving them a friendly smile.  The president looked up at the shirtless Alex.  “You’re Alexander Anderson, founder of Anderson Corporation,” the president said.

“The one and only,” Alex said.

“I heard that you and your wife went on a long vacation,” said the stunned man.

“Sort of,” Alex answered the six foot man.  He grinned to himself at the thought of standing above one of the most important men in the free world. 

“That explains the new venture?”

“Came up with it after my wife got struck down by the virus,” Alex said as he slipped on his tunic.  “Oh, I’m sorry about my appearance.  I don’t usually dress like this when I’m meeting important people.”

“That’s understandable, Mr. Anderson,” was all the president could say.  He stared at the powerfully tall giant before him with his mouth agape.  Alex ignored the eyes upon him as he went out the hangar door.

“Mr. Anderson is the biggest one on record and he’s still growing.  He’s as healthy as ten horses and can easily lift over a half a ton, but Mr. Anderson doesn’t like to show off,” Vin said, from his place on the catwalk.  “In fact, Mr. Anderson is a kind and gentle soul that I’m grateful to call my friend.  So what brings you here, Mr. President?”  Vin said to the man shaking off his shock.

Alex decided it was best to let Vin do his job, so he decided to go for a walk to find Emma.  He didn’t like the little men with their rifles watching him, but he smiles as he passes them by all the same.  They just gave the giant dirty looks, but Alex didn’t really care.  It was best to appear nonthreatening to the little humans.

He found Emma under a shade tree.  A soldier by the name of Quinn entertained his wife.  Quinn was a good kind man in his late twenties and at the moment relieved of his duties.  He was the only officer that spoke to the giants.  He shirked his duties at times when he knew he wasn’t being watched  just  to chat with them.  He felt like an old friend to all four of the giants.  Alex knew when Quinn was off duty.  No camouflage, protective gear and rifle.  The soldier has been told time and again not to speak to the giants, but that never stopped the fascinated Quinn.

Alex reached his mind out to Quinn.  His telepathy wasn’t as strong as Steve’s but he could still hear a human’s thoughts once in a while if he concentrated hard enough.  Quinn was thinking about his thirtieth birthday in a couple of days.  He was open to the virus affecting him.  In fact, he welcomed the change.  Quinn had seen enough battles and kills.  He was ready to leave the army but he couldn’t, he had nowhere else to go, no home, and no family, absolutely nothing. This made Alex sad so he quickly shut his powers down.

Emma laughed that musical laugh of hers.  Quinn told her a joke.  Emma smiled down at him.  Then Quinn spotted Alex among the branches of the trees.  He smiles up at the giant.  “Good to see you, Mr. Anderson,” Quinn said in a southern accent.  “How’s the weather up there,” Quinn joked.

“Same as it is down there,” Alex said with a smile.  “How’s our favorite toy soldier today?  Saw your friends; they really do need to smile once in a while.”

“Tell me about it,” Quinn responded.

Quinn’s rifle lay on the ground.  Alex and Emma didn’t dare touch it.  They knew it was loaded with bullets powerful enough to take down a fully grown elephant.  Both of them shudder at the thought.  Alex seemed amaze at how small a weapon like a rifle looked to him now.  If it were any other soldier but Quinn’s rifle, he could see something ‘accidently’ happening to it, but Alex didn’t want Private James Quinn to be reprimanded or worse, transferred.

Alex and Emma knew about the treatment the others were getting at the other ‘clinics.’ Alpha Clinic as the government dubbed it was the most humane.  The nightmares came every night from giants and giantesses all over the country.  The giants can all communicate from long distances with dreams being the more powerful form.  Dreams of others being chained to walls and tortured.  Skin and other samples taken roughly without any bedside manner.  Some clinics even had techs wearing bio suits with masks.  Alex, Emma, Steve and Ally knew that it could be worse.

“Quinn, you should be resuming your position and watch over us,” Alex said to the soldier, picking up the tiny weapon and handing it to him.  “The important guest is here and I don’t want you getting into trouble.”

“Okay, Mr. Anderson,” Quinn said, putting his helmet back on and taking his rifle from a hand that could easily cover over half his torso.  Quinn then went to other side of the clearing and held his stance.  Quinn didn’t feel it was right he had to do this; the Andersons to him were good kind people, even if they both looked like they came from Mt. Olympus.  In fact, all the giants here at the complex looked better than all the movie stars in Hollywood.  Quinn was amazed that they even gave a hick like him the time of day, but then again, the big people seemed much more different than the average man.  Kinder and much gentler than all the people Quinn has ever encountered in his twenty-nine years.  He wondered if all the other giants looked the same way.

Emma gave Quinn a small smile and Quinn turned his lips up slightly.  Then Emma went to talking to her loving husband.  She felt smaller around him then she did before the change, but she didn’t care.

“Vin says I’m going to be taller than expected.  I don’t think we’re finished growing yet,” Alex said as he put a stray lock behind her ear.

“I grew another two inches this week.  I’m growing slower than when this all started, but the growth came as a surprise to Vin,” Emma said.  I hope it doesn’t hurt the baby.

I have a feeling it won’t.  That’s my son or daughter in there.  They’re going to be survivors, like us.  “He thought you were finished.  I know I feel like I’m going to explode one of these days,” Alex said.  Emma hugged him.  The conversation they had mentally mattered to the giantess.  Alex rubbed her stomach.  “We’ll be alright, baby,” he whispered in her ear.  Vin is coming with our guest.  We have to keep ourselves together if we want to get out of here.

“As you can see, I give my charges full freedom to come and go as they please.  I feel it is important for my patients to have some time outside.  Although your military is making it quite difficult for them to have their freedom,” Vin said, pointing to Quinn.

“What about escape?” The president asked.

“Ask the Andersons yourself about how they feel being here,” Vin said, pointed up at the two giants.

“My apologies, I didn’t see you there, Mr. Anderson,” the president said as he looked up at the two giants.  The woman took him by surprise.  She stood smaller than the male, but still towered over him.  They both looked to be in their early twenties and glowed with a healthiness you don’t see in the healthiest of people.

“That’s alright, Mr. President.  I would like you to meet my wife Emma,” Alex said, still standing.  He felt no need to crouch down to the important man’s level like he would Vin, Robin, or even Quinn.  Alex wanted the man to feel a little intimidated by his size.

“Please to meet you, sir,” Emma said as she bent over and extended her hand out to the man.  The president stared at the large feminine hand.  He wasn’t sure how he was going to shake the hand.  It was larger than a serving tray.  Emma blushed and pulled her hand away.  “I forget,” she mumbles and feeling ashamed.

Emma didn’t like being reminded of her new size and after her checkup this morning, she hasn’t been happy to learn that she is only going to get bigger.  Seems what was supposed to be twice their height will now be three times that.  Their physiology changed.  Their adult bodies decided they had a little more growing to do.  Alex told her instead of being close to thirteen feet; he is going to be close to twenty.  This frightened her.

“It’s quite alright, Mrs. Anderson.  I’d like you to answer my question honestly,” the president said to the bashful giantess.  He looked up at the large couple.  She had on what looked like a blue sundress while he wore an outfit that resembles hospital scrubs.  Both outfits were baggy on their large frames.  Underneath those clothes were well toned bodies that didn’t need a workout ever.  The president truly was intimidated by the two giants.  The female seemed rather docile, but the male seemed protective.  “Do you like it here?” he finally asked.

“Well, Vin has been great to us and I understand the need to be studied, but I want to go back to my life.  I miss my old friends and my family.  Of course, I won’t be able to go to the grocery store or mall, but I don’t care.  I just want my freedom,” Emma said.  Tears formed in her eyes.

The president could see that despite their size, the giant people had no intentions to harm.  Emma Anderson wept in her husband’s arms.  “I don’t like that we have to be watched every moment of everyday,” Alex said to the demure man.  “We have no intentions of hurting those who are trying to help.  We already know that there is no cure.”

“I went against the wishes of the higher ups and gave my patients private sleeping quarters.  They wanted me to have cameras on them at all times.  I didn’t feel that was right.  The Andersons and the others are still citizens of this country.  They deserve better treatment than this,” Vin said and pointed over to the two army men that relieved Quinn.

One of the men had an elephant tranquilizer while the other had a rifle.  The men gave Alex and Emma a menacing stare.  They were trying in impress the president with their bravery, but needless to say, he wasn’t impressed.

“I wish you could see the other facilities before coming here.  The conditions are deplorable of the ones I’ve visited.  The treatment is terrible.  One clinic I saw them using cattle prods for no reason.  These giants are not animals, they were once like us and they still are in a way.  They’ve just became something more.  Something more than the human race as a whole can be,” Vin said.

“How old are you, Dr. Gunderson?” the president asked.

“I’m thirty- eight, sir.  I know my time is running out.  By the end of the month the virus will have hit eighty percent of the world’s population of people in their thirties and forties.  The Andersons were the very first people affected by this.  They are starting into the final phase according to our studies.  I wasn’t lying to Mr. Anderson earlier about his condition.  He and the others have started another phase of growth.  A phase that will make them three times their original heights.  This data is recent and only I and a few others I trust know this.  You are the first government official I have reported this to.  I don’t want them bureaucrats to pass their laws without the facts.  Not a one has made any attempt to talk to these people.  If they had, they would see that they are harmless.  I think we can learn a lot from people like the Andersons,” Vin said, defending his friends.  Vin wanted this resolved before his day came.

The president looked thoughtful.  The Andersons both gave him a small but sad smile.  Alex then looked down at Emma.  She fell into his arms.  Alex just held her close, taking in her sweet scent.  The president could see their love for one another.  He could also see intellect in their eyes that you don’t see in the smartest human beings.  Then he noticed that Mr. Anderson looked as though he was stretching but the giant never moved.

“Did he just grow?” the president asked Vin.

“Yes.  Sometimes they do that.  They grow so quickly,” Vin said.  Vin looked up at Alex and smiled.  “I’m going to need another measurement.”

“What’s new,” Alex said.  Then he had a pained looked in his eyes and pulled away from Emma.  Emma had the same pained and sickly look in her eyes.  She felt a shiver through her body.  She looked to Alex and he was feeling the same thing. 

“How are you feeling?”  Vin asked, looking to his friends.

“Strange.  Very hungry and kind of sick,” Emma answered.

“Exhausted all the sudden,” Alex answered as he double over.   Emma did the same.

“Can you lie down?” Vin asked

Alex and Emma both lay down in the clearing.  Vin got his stethoscope and checked their heart rates.  The sound of drums thumped in his ears.  Their skin felt hot.

“Dr. Gunderson,” the president said in a shocked voice.

“What?” Vin said to the president.  Just then Vin sees what had shocked the man.  Vin went to where the president was standing.  They watched as the two giant form expanded.  Instead of an inch or two, this time it was feet.  Alex and Emma held each other’s hand.  Emma gave Alex a sad look as they felt their bodies go through the final change.  Emma began to cry as her dress tightened.  Alex felt his shirt rip across his chest.  The straps on Emma dress broke when at last the sensation passed.

They both sat up.  Hunger pangs ate at their stomachs.  Vin made a call on his cell.

“McAllister.  We’re out in the clearing behind Alpha One.  I need two large drums of shakes for the Andersons.  I need them stat.  Please do this as discreetly as possible,” Vin said into the phone.  Alex and Emma’s stomachs sounded like two wild beast.

“I’m so hungry,” Emma moaned as she got her bearings.

“Substance is on its way,” Vin said.  The two military guys put their guns at the ready.  “Tell them idiots to stand down,” Vin shouted at the president.

Vin felt like a Ken doll standing next to the sitting giants.  “I feel wiped out,” Alex moaned.

“Lay down if you have to, Alex,” Vin said.

“No.  I feel alright.  Just fatigued and hungry,” Alex said, looking down at Vin.  Even though he was sitting, he knew his view to the world had changed dramatically.

“Alex,” Emma said in a quiet tone.  He looked to her and saw the sadness in her eyes.

“It’s going to be alright,” Alex said, trying to soothe her.

“They look so much smaller,” she sobbed.

“I know,” Alex said pulling what was left of his shirt off.

“We are so huge,” she sobbed again.

“I know, but it’s over.  We’re done,” Alex said, knowing this to be true.  His inner thoughts and instincts told him.

Big Love by nancyarcher

“Oh no!  Are you alright?” Robin McAllister asked the sitting giants.  The poor creatures had grown so much since the last time Robin saw them.  She pulled the gator she was driving close.  Two metal drums tied to the back.  “I hope you like chocolate.  That’s all I could find in the drums,” Robin said, talking to the two giants like she would her grandkids.  Compassion filled the older woman’s eyes.

“That’s fine, Robbie,” Emma said with a sad smile.

“Beggars can’t be choosy,” Alex said.  Just then Alex’s stomach let out a loud grumble.

“I’ll go see if I can find more,” Robin said.  She looked at Emma’s sparse dress.  The torso ripped revealing her muscular stomach.  The once knee length dress looked like a mini skirt, showing off Emma’s long legs.  The poor woman had grown over five feet in a matter of minutes.  Then Robin looked at the tight high water pants Alex wore, torn up the sides.  He had grown over six feet.  Robin frowned.

“I’ll have to find you two something different to wear.  Emma, you can probably fit into Alex’s old clothes for now, but I’m going to have to rush to finish those pants I’ve been working on for you, Alex,” Robin said, looking up into the two giants clear blue eyes.  “I thought I’d have more time before you grew this big.”

Robin took in the sight of their long hair.  Emma’s wavy hair flowed down her back.  She appeared to be sitting on it while Alex’s hair that once went slightly above his shoulders, now went halfway down his back.  Robin still frowned.  “Looks like you two are going to need haircuts too,” Robin then said.  “This could prove difficult for me.  I’ll see if Ally can help.”

“We don’t want you hurting yourself for our vanity,” Alex quipped.  He tried to make light of their new situation but deep down he wasn’t too happy.

Alex and Emma took the barrels from the back of the gator.  They pried open the tops like opening a soda can.  The shakes helped, but they were still hungry.  “I’ll be back as soon as I can.  I’ll get you guys two more apiece,” Robin said as she started back up the gator.

“Can you get me three,” Emma said shyly. 

“Anything for you, dear,” Robin answered.

“Get Franklin out of Alpha One hangar.  I don’t want him to see the Andersons like this,” Vin told Robin.  She nodded and drove off.

Emma and Alex felt strong enough to try and stand up.  They helped each other up.  Alex noticed that the trees weren’t much taller than him.  Emma looked down at the two men, her legs shaky and weak.  Alex caught her as she was about to fall.

I still feel weak.  That shake wasn’t enough.  The baby must need more.  “Thanks sweetheart,” Emma said a loud.  Alex took what little strength he had left to hold her up.  I don’t know if I can move.  You must be weak too.  This growth spurt was rough.  I hope the baby is alright.

I’m weak, but I’m going to try to get you back to the hangar.  No more private room, but I think I’m tall enough to reach some of the cameras. I don’t want to jeopardize Vin’s position though.  I’d hate to see what kind of replacement they would send.  “Let’s get you inside, honey,” Alex said as he put Emma’s arm over his shoulder.  He would carry her if he could, but he still felt weak himself.

“Good idea,” Vin said.  “I don’t want to alarm Ally and Steve yet.”

“The Andersons aren’t the only ones here?” the president asked.

“No, there are two others.  Lab assistants that got the virus three weeks after Mr. Anderson.  Construction has begun on a new building and I have another whole hangar.  It’s still not enough room if we don’t allow the giants to go about their daily lives as the citizens they once were,” Vin said.

“Aren’t you afraid that there will be some kind of accident?  What if they all don’t evolve the same?” the president asked.

“The clinics have only report middle to lower class people being mostly affect.  Mr. Anderson is the exception.  No criminals have been affected either.  It’s a strange virus, but once it’s in the system, the changes begin.  The affected change daily.  Everything about them grows to proper proportions.  Internal organs like the heart, lungs and kidney, although their lungs are a bit different.  The lungs are made to withstand the differing air.  Even their skin is UV resistant and a little tougher,” Vin explains.

“That still doesn’t answer my questions, Dr. Gunderson,” the president says.

“None of us wish to harm you.  You little ones don’t seem to want to understand that.  We want to help you,” Emma said weakly.

“That is another topic I wish to discuss, then I’ll answer your questions, Mr. President,” Vin said.  “These people don’t like the term ‘mega-humans.’  In fact, they find it downright offensive and I do too.”

“Human refers to who we once were.  Our physiology has changed so much.  Our minds don’t even work the same anymore.  We can think and do things that no human being has ever thought possible.  Of course, we remember who we are, but we have become so much more.  We are giant,” Emma says.

“We would like to be called that, sir.  We cannot go fully back to our human lives.  We know that much, but we would like to be a part of human society.  We would like to show the little ones how to live better and happier lives.  I can tell you now that Emma and I are finished evolving.  What you see is what you get,” Alex said with a smile.

“Don’t worry about accidents, sir.  Humans are much more accident prone than what we are.  I’d never hurt a fly or fall on a human,” Emma said with a smile.  She felt herself weaken a bit.  Alex managed to hold her up again.  He started slowly walking her towards the hangar.  Vin pulled out his cell.

“We need the private room mattresses and about four more brought out to the main floor stat,” Vin said to the person on the other end.  Despite the towering giants’ steps, Vin and the president kept up at a brisk walk.  Then the secret service trailed them.

Alex was grateful for the large hanger.  The door seemed much lower to him now and as he stepped inside, the techs all stared with their mouth agape.  The catwalks that once went to chest level on him were now at his lower stomach, crotch area.  He could see over the fifteen foot measuring wall now.  Alex sighed when he spotted the fourteen foot door to his and Emma’s only sanctuary. 

Workers scrambled to move the mattresses.  Once the mattresses were laid to form a large bed, Alex helped Emma down.  Alex knew there wasn’t enough room for him, so he lay down on the concrete floor next to his wife.  He didn’t care if it was uncomfortable, he needed to lie down.  The doll sized people watched the titanic man and woman in shock.  The love in their eyes as Alex held Emma’s hand.  He kissed it tenderly.  Then they both fell fast asleep.

“They’re sort of like much larger versions of us, only they don’t think like we do,” Vin reminded the president.  “They feel the way we do and they obviously love the way we do, but they don’t hate like we do or want to cause destruction like we have a bad habit of doing.  They want to be our friends.  I ask you sir, is there anything wrong with that?”

“No, Dr. Gunderson.  No, there isn’t.  I’ll veto any laws that could potentially destroy these people’s lives.  This is America and it’s time the public knew about these people.  I want the Andersons to be their representatives,” the president said.

“I’ll see how Alex and Emma feel about that.  First thing is first, please get rid of your toy soldiers.  They won’t escape, I promise you that,” Vin said as he climbed the catwalk to look down upon his sleeping friends.  He smiled.  “They are good people.”

“Military withdraw is immediate.   I’ll leave you to your work, Dr. Gunderson.  I must inspect the other clinics,” the president says, shaking Vin’s hand.

Bigger is Better by nancyarcher

Alex woke up to the empty mattresses lying next to him.  His stomach rumbles with hunger.  Workers worked on raising the catwalks and knocking down the fifteen foot walls of the private room and measuring wall.

“Can you lay down flat on the ground, Mr. Anderson?  Dr. Gunderson would like to have your new measurements,” a tech by the name of O’Neill said.  I hope he does as I ask.  God, he’s so enormous.  I need to find a new job.

Alex nearly forgot that with his new growth came stronger abilities.  He is now much bigger than Steve which meant his telepathy surpassed the smaller giant.   Alex quickly puts up his blocks, but not before he hears the other tech helping O’Neill.  I hope he doesn’t try to eat us.  His hunger sounds like a wild beast.  God please O’Neill, let’s hurry and get this done.  Alex didn’t answer them; he just laid flat on his back and let the two men do their job.

O’Neill let out a whistle.  “Nineteen feet and five inches!  I doubt the shipping scale goes high enough to get his weight,” the tech said, talking as if Alex couldn’t hear him.  “He’s much taller than the woman!  It’s almost like feet are becoming their inches.”

“Jesus, they’re huge,” the other tech said to O’Neill.

“You can get up now, Mr. Anderson.  McAllister brought your shakes.  Dr. Gunderson is examining your wife,” O’Neill said in a nervous tone.  Alex sensed that almost all the techs working in the Alpha One hangar feared him much more than before.

Alex sat up and found three mental drums standing near him.  He pulled the tops off and drank down one after the other.  He felt a little better, but still hungry.  Steve came strolling into the hangar with two more barrel of that vile tasting shake, but Alex knew that he had to get used to it.  Vin said that you and Emma had a growth spurt but he didn’t tell us it was feet instead of inches.  Saw Emma over at the new building.  She made me feel like a midget and here I was, happy to finally be over the twelve foot mark and the second biggest here and you two had to go and grow on us.  Steve smiled.  Ally and Vin are checking her where there are no cameras.  Those two douchebag techs are right about the shipping scale.  Emma broke it when they tried to weigh her.  Vin said the baby is alright.  It grew right along with Emma.  Instead of nine months, Emma has over a year.  Vin said the test show eighteen months, maybe more, it’s getting harder to tell to bigger we get.  I hope this is your last spurt?

“It is, Steve.  My body has told me and Emma feels it too.  Be careful when your day comes, my telepathy is really strong now.  I’m hearing everyone thoughts.  The techs are afraid of me now more than ever.  They’re afraid of Emma too.   That one working with O’Neill thought I was going to have him for a snack.  I’m not a cannibal.  Alex let his thoughts flow to the much smaller Steve.

Ignorant fools!  Let’s make them run for the hills!  Are you strong enough to stand up?  I want to see what nineteen feet looks like.  I’m sure you do too, because if you guys thought you looked amazing before, you haven’t seen anything yet.  Steve’s thoughts easily flowed to Alex.

Alex stood up and stretched for a moment.  He felt even more energized than he did before.  He stood straight for the first time since the massive amount of growth.  He wasn’t quite sure if he had any balance, but surprisingly he did.  He looked further down at Steve than he did before.  Steve only came up to slightly above his waist.  Steve looked up at him with a smile.  You are still the biggest thing here.  Adam at the ‘clinic’ in North Carolina just went through his final change.  He’s only eighteen ten.  Vin has yet to get that data because the president just made a surprise visit there.  The tech tried to use cattle prods, but Adam doesn’t feel them anymore.  He is playing nice till the president leaves, if things don’t change after the visit, the techs there are in for a big surprise. The military has left but they had to leave behind one soldier.  Former Private James Quinn is the resident of Alpha Three.  He just turned thirty and the virus hit him like a rock.  He’s getting nursed right now.  He has first day sickness.  Steve’s thoughts flowed to Alex.  “You are huge, my friend,” Steve said with a playful surprised look.  The techs were unaware of the two giants’ private conversation.

 Alex caught sight of himself in the polished steel wall of the hangar.  Vin had workers polish and buff the steel down to a mirrored shine.  It wasn’t the same as a glass mirror, but it was close.  Alex’s body filled out.  His face looked older despite the long beard.  Not like his thirty-seven year old face, but more like his twenty-five year old one.  Strong jaw, broad shoulders and chest.  His six pack much more defined and not an ounce of body fat.  His body is now the perfect V shape that most men try to accomplish.  The light in the hangar bounced of his newly long hair.  Streaks of gold mingled in with brown.  His light blue eyes sparkled and his skin has a healthy glow that showed all the muscles in his long strong arms.  “You look like a living god, my friend,” Steve said quietly.

“I didn’t think it was possible,” Alex mumbled.

“You and Emma are both amazing.  No more being awkward teenagers.  You now truly look like adults now.  Even Adam looks different now,” Steve whispered.  “They all look different now.  Maybe we should all move to Mt. Olympus,” Steve joked and Alex let out a small laugh.  He caught a glimpse of his smile.  His teeth are perfectly white and straight, a smile that would put any movie star to shame.  Now they are really going to hate us Alex thought. 

Steve smirked up at his new friend.  Alex and Emma befriended Steve and Ally after the change, but the four giants had an unwavering trust for one another.  Alex has come to trust Steve more than his lifelong friend, Vin Gunderson.  The giants understood one another in ways the humans could never understand.  I don’t know about you, but I don’t give a shit.  The little ones don’t like that they aren’t the most intelligent mammals on the planet anymore.  Now they’re not the most glamorous?  Who gives a shit!  Serves them right for being so prideful.  Steve thought to Alex.

We need to show them now more than ever that we only want to be their friends.  The president wants Emma and me as representatives.  Vin is supposed to ask us if that is what we want.  I’m not sure yet.  First I want to see if Vin will allow my secretary clearance to come.   Maybe then we will be allowed to see our families again.

I want to see my wife and my boy again.  It’s been a long time and I know Melinda misses me.  Steve thought looking up at Alex with sadness in his eyes.  I know it’s only a matter of days now till the virus takes Melinda.  Tommy is only three and there is no one else that can take care of him.  Even if they let us go free, I can’t even fit in my home anymore. I don’t want to raise my son in a hangar.  Alex caught images of a curly red headed tot reminding him of Steve’s first stages of the change.  He looked down at his short friend with sadness.

I’ll see what I can do.  Alex thought.

Alex walked to the new building, a structure with fifty foot ceilings and with doors and windows made for giants.  No cameras have been installed but the custom made furnishings have been put into place.  Tables, chairs, and couches all made for fifteen to twenty feet tall people.  Alex fell into one of the chairs; it was nice to feel normal again.

“There you are, my friend,” the small voice of a man said.  It was Vin standing in a twenty foot doorway.  “They haven’t installed the cameras in here yet.  After the military left, there will be no cameras here unless consent is signed by a patient, the president’s orders.  He was highly impressed by the new clinic.  This is where the newly evolved can come to get checked up on and consoled about their new lives.”

“It feels… normal,” Alex said quietly.

“I was going to surprise you and Emma with it, but circumstances wouldn’t allow it.  Steve has already taken the position of advocate.  We are setting up a foundation to deal with the homeless giants.  We are going to help them build new homes and new lives,” Vin said. 

Alex looked thoughtful for a moment.  “Vin, this is a wonderful idea.  Consider the Anderson Corporation your first contributors,” Alex said happily.  He wanted to pick up his friend and give him a hug but he restrained.

“I’ll be sure to take care of that for you, Mr. Anderson,” a familiar female voice said.  Then forty-five year old Caroline Honeywell appeared in the doorway.  The same five foot five woman she had always been.  Her black hair tied back neatly, glasses perched on her nose, dressed in a gray skirt and purple blouse that matched her violet eyes.  She carried her iPad with her and a genuine smile for her favorite boss.  Alex felt out of place in his tight ripped up pants and no shirt, hair and facial growth out of control.  Whenever he was with Honeywell, it was always Armani and ties.  The kindly secretary ignored his state and treated him as she always has.

“Caroline,” Alex said excitedly.

“It’s nice to see you again, Mr. Anderson.  I was starting to miss you around the office.  Dr. Gunderson called and briefed me on yours and Emma’s situation.  I suspected something, but not quite this.  Now when I refer to you as the big man, I can actually mean it,” Caroline said with a warm smile.  Alex wanted to pick her up and hug her too.  He loved the pretty woman’s sense of humor.

“You and Emma have been out a few days.  After the military left and the president announced the existence of the clinics, I took the liberty of granting Ms. Honeywell clearance.  I wanted to see how well it goes with Ms. Honeywell before I grant more clearance.  Tomorrow Melinda and Tommy James will be our next guests.  I want to ease your old human friends into this,” Vin explained.

“I understand,” Alex said in his normal tone of voice.  He observed that Honeywell covered her ears.  Alex felt bad.  He knew he was the largest person in the world.  Alex forgot that his voice grew with him.  He gave Honeywell a bashful glance.  “I’m sorry about my voice,” he said softly.

“It’s quite alright, Mr. Anderson.  Big things come with being big,” Honeywell said with a shrug.  Alex thought of the years of service this woman put in working for him and not once has she called him by his first name.  Caroline had been more than a secretary to him, she was kind of like his extended family.  She was like a mother at times and a sister at others.  She never complained, even when she worked on holidays.  She was highly efficient and very friendly, but she always called him Mr. Anderson or sir.  She called Emma by her name, but never Alex.  This needed to change.

Alex got on his knees.  Alex then crotched down so he could look Caroline in the eyes.  His face fills my view and he is only a few feet from me.  He is so much more handsome than before, except the beard has to go.  He always looked better with slight stubble and a nice haircut.  I wonder if Jesus would scream like a girl if he saw Mr. Anderson now.  Knowing that bastard, he’d charge a grand to cut Mr. Anderson’s hair now instead of the usual two hundred.  I hope they find him some pants that fit.  I can’t be having these thoughts about my happily married boss.  Emma would step on me if she knew.  It’s a shame she couldn’t have kids.  Caroline’s thoughts hit him like a train.  He smiled to himself about her pent up lust and concern for his appearance and grateful Emma had a close friend to confide in.  He remembered the pain his wife felt the day her gynecologist gave her the news.  Emma cried for a week until Caroline took her out on a spa day.  Afterwards, Emma came back a new woman.

“Caroline,” Alex said in an even softer tone.  Alex wanted to take her hand but couldn’t due to his new size, instead he held out his hands in front of Caroline.  Alex was about to do something he has never done before.  “Sit on my hands.”

“Mr. Anderson,” Caroline questioned.

“It’s rather awkward for me to talk to you like this.  Do you trust me?” Alex asked.

Caroline nodded.  The woman was no bigger than a little girl’s Barbie doll to Alex.  She delicately sat down in the palms of his hands.  She held onto his thumbs.  Alex carefully lifted her.  He then stood up himself.  Caroline gasped for a moment as she looked down.  The world truly is a small place for these people.

Alex smiled at the demure woman.  “Do you truly trust me, Caroline?”  Alex asked.

“Do I have much of a choice now,” Caroline quipped and Alex smiled.  “With my life,” Caroline answered in full honesty and a serious tone.

“Good.  I don’t want you calling me Mr. Anderson anymore.  I consider you as more than my secretary.  You are my friend and my friends call me Alex,” Alex said.

Caroline understood his game.  She truly did trust him with her life, whether he is six foot five or twenty feet tall.  She looked at him as more than a boss at times.  Whether it is the son she never had or the little brother.  Caroline cared for this man.  “Sure thing, Alex,” she said with a smile.

“I hate to cut this reunion short, but Emma is eager to see you, Alex,” Vin tells his friend.

Alex gently lowers Caroline to the floor and she jumps off his hand.  Alex didn’t need directions to the room Emma was in, he could sense her. He left the two humans behind as he followed Emma brainwaves.  She was in an examination room with Ally.

Ally looked tiny next to the bed Emma was laying on.  Ally was small as a human and as a giant she’s not much different.  Although she recently began another wave of growth, she will always be small.  Emma stood about ten feet nine inches.  She still stood well below Alex’s hips.  Her eyes got big when she took in the gigantic man. 

“I have my husband back,” Emma said.  Even the right size I remember too.  She smiled up at him.  She had on one of his old tunic that still looked way too tight on her.

Alex has always been a big man, hasn’t he?  “Glad to see you decided to join the living,” Ally joked.

You will never get to know just how big I am.  Ally’s eyes widened as she heard Alex’s voice quip in her head.  Our telepathy is much more powerful than even Steve’s.  We can hear everything.  

“Good to know,” Ally said a loud to Alex.

Alex kissed Emma.  He felt two her beats coming from Emma.  Hers and their unborn child’s.  He then kissed her stomach.  The two giants already felt a strange connection with the baby.

Life's Big Surprises by nancyarcher

Emma stood up out of the bed.  She looked up at Alex; everything was back to normal at that moment.  His hand felt the same as it did when they were human.  He was in severe need of a shave and a haircut, but it was still her Alex.

“I love you,” she whispered.

“I love you too,” he said in return.  It was nice to feel his same old Emma again.  She looked more radiant.  She had her hair pulled back in a long ponytail.  The golden streaks intertwined with darker blond hair just like his.  Compared to any other woman, Emma is a walking goddess in the eyes of Alex, but now she was far beyond goddess.  Her full pink lips and legs the seemed to go for miles.  Even her body filled out in all the right places including her chest.

“Our baby is healthy,” she said.  “That’s all Vin can say.  He does think that due to our size, the baby will be roughly the size of a human, maybe bigger.”  Emma looked sad for a moment.  “We have nowhere to go if the government lets us go.  I want our baby to have a home.”

“I’ll build us a new home out in the country where you can have a garden,” Alex says.

“What’s going to happen when our child gets old enough to go to school?  The humans aren’t going to let them mingle with their children,” Emma sobbed.

“We might have to home school our child,” Alex whispers.  “Besides, they’ll be way ahead of the other kids anyway.”

Emma giggles.  She looks up at Alex with her perfect smile.  “Yeah, and think of all the school clothes they’ll be growing out of.  We have a long road ahead of us.  Don’t we, Al?”

Alex smiles at his perfect wife.  He leans in and gives her a kiss.  Emma giggle some more.  “What’s wrong, sweetheart?”

“I can’t wait till Robin gets ahold of you.  That beard needs to go,” Emma said looking into Alex’s light blue eyes.

“I have a feeling he’s going to have to deal with me from now on,” Ally said from the corner.  “Seems you two have outgrown that poor woman’s gentle hands.  She’s recruited me to be the complexes’ resident stylist,” Ally said with a frown.  “I do much better dealing with test tubes instead of scissors.”

Alex and Emma laughed.  They seemed much more at peace with themselves the more they got used to their oversized bodies.

 

A week later, Steve waited in anticipation for Melinda and Tommy’s arrival.  He spent his days helping the techs in hangar three with the growing boy-man by the name of James Quinn.  He helped the techs with taking blood and analyzing samples.  James was following the same patterns as everyone else.  Vin had decided to take on three more patients.  Alex and Emma were making baby plans and plans to build their new estate.  Caroline Honeywell began to feel the effects of the illness.  She ended up being Vin first new patient in the new complex. 

Steven and Vin worked hard to get the new complex started.  With a large donation from Anderson Corporation, research began on making edible food sources for the newly evolved.  Emma and Ally helped with this phase of the project.  Emma had created plants that looked like something out of Jack the Giant Killer.  Vin and the giants worked hard to create a safe haven.

Steve waited outside hangar two.  He made it his home after Vin declared no cameras allowed in any parts of his complexes except for outside security cameras.  He still shared it with Ally who lives on one side of it.  A privacy wall spit the hangar in two.  He heard a noise coming from Ally’s side of the hangar.  It sounded like she had fallen.  Steve!  Come quickly!  I think it’s starting!

Steve ran inside to Ally’s part of the hangar.  Ally fell sick with the virus shortly before Steve.  He knew it   was only a matter of time.  Alex and Emma left the complex for the day to help with the construction of their new home.  Steve was the only giant close to adulthood around.

“Steve, is that you,” Ally moaned from her bedroom.  The hangars are now better equipped with the creature comforts the giants needed.  Ally lay on her custom twenty foot bed.  “I feel awful,” she moaned.

Ally felt hot to Steve’s touch.  “Just stay right where you are, I’m going to get Vin,” Steve tells the giantess.  Ally reaches out for his hand.

“Don’t leave me… I feel funny all the sudden,” Ally moaned.

“I won’t leave you,” Steve said.  Just as he said that, he watched Ally’s body stretch.  Her legs and arms lengthened.  Her head and torso became bigger as well as her hands and feet.  The baggy sundress began to tighten.  The torso of the dress ripped in two revealing her well-toned abdomen.  Her dark curly hair grew longer as her body became longer.  The straps of Ally’s dress popped off, leaving Ally in a tube top and mini skirt that was several sizes too small.  When she stopped, Steve guessed her new height to be around fifteen and a half feet.

Just as with Alex and Emma, Ally grew a little older looking.  Her doe eyes stared at the now much shorter Steve.  Ally smiled.  “What are you looking at shorty,” she joked.  Steve laughed.  He heard her stomach growl and went to get drums of shakes.

Ally chugged the shakes down, one after the other.   She was eager to get a look at herself.  She knew she would never be as statuesque as Emma, but she knew she was not as short as she used to be either.

Steve helped her off the bed.  Steve stared in awe as he looked straight at Ally’s cleavage.  Ally smiled at the little man.  “Are you going to snap out of it so you can measure me?” Ally asked Steve.  Steve just nodded as he looked up.  “That’s right, I’m up here now, little man,” Ally said with a smile.

“Your fifteen feet, nine inches Ally.  Beats my twelve foot five,” Steve said as Ally leaned up against the new measuring wall.  “How do you feel?”

“Like I need a nap.  That kind of growth spurt takes a lot out of you.  No wonder Alex and Emma slept for a week.”

“You should go lay down then.  I’ll go and report this to Vin.”

“I really wanted to meet your wife and kid, Stevie.  Looks like I’m going to be in a coma instead,” Ally quipped.

“Yeah, but you’ll be a whole new woman when you wake up,” Steve said, hoping that it doesn’t happen to him while Melinda and Tommy are here, but he knew he would only has two more days till his spurt.

“I wish I could stay awake, so I can enjoy being taller than you shorty.  I have a feeling that when I wake up, I’ll be the short one again,” Ally said and yawned.

“You’ll still be bigger than Quinn,” Steve said and Ally laughed.  “Get some sleep,” Steve then said and kissed Ally’s cheek in a chaste way.  The giantess fell quickly to sleep.

 

 

Melinda James was a slightly obese woman that stood about five foot six.  She had curly red hair and a button nose.  Melinda is a pretty woman despite her fat body.  Her husband had been called away to work at a field clinic.  Melinda was quite used of her husband Steve being away.  It was part of his work and it made for comfortable living, but their three year old son missed his daddy.

One day, out of the blue, Melinda received a phone call from Steve.  The news broadcasted on the new species of man.  A couple by the names of Alexander and Emma Anderson were getting interviewed on the television in the kitchen of the James’ comfortable three bedroom ranch style home.  Melinda watched the television with her mouth agape as a newsman interviewed the two giants.  World’s largest couple scrolled across the screen.  The newsman looked like a Ken Doll standing in front of the sitting giants.

“Honey?  You there?” Steve’s voice came from the receiver.

“I’m here.  You seeing this on the T.V.?” Melinda said.

“You mean the Anderson’s?  Yeah, I’m seeing it,” Steve responded.

“Is that from that virus?”  Melinda asks, knowing that her husband is one of the techs investigating it.

“Yes and no.  It’s not a virus.  It’s something else,” Steve responded.

“What is it then?”

“Evolution, they’re man’s next step to evolving.”

“My Lord, they’re beautiful.  I’ve never seen anyone like them,” Melinda said, staring at the screen.

“Honey, I have something I need to tell you,” Steve voice sounded nervous.

“What baby?”

“I’ve evolved too,” Steve finally dropped the bomb.

“What!  When?”

“Shortly after I was called away.  I was working on the Anderson’s case when I became ill.”

“Are you okay?” was all Melinda could ask.

“I’m twice the man I used to be, so yeah, I’m okay,” Steve joked, but Melinda didn’t find it funny, in fact, she was frightened.

“H-how big are you, Steve?”  She asked afraid of his answer.

“Well, I just felt another spurt come on so I’ll say twelve and half feet,” Steve said and Melinda went silent.  She looked up at the eight foot ceiling of the kitchen trying to image just how tall her husband is now.

“Jesus Steve!  You can’t fit in the house anymore!”

“I know,” Steve said sadly.  Melinda felt bad.  Steve is still the man she married and loved.  They met at a comic book convention when they were both in college.  Steve wasn’t much to look at and neither was she.  Melinda suffered from weight issues her whole life.  Steve was a gangly, glasses wearing, card carrying nerd.  The two hit it off and married after a year of dates. 

“I’m sorry, honey,” Melinda said, knowing what it’s like to have someone point out your size.

“I know you are, sweetheart,” Steve said sincerely.  “I’d like if you and Tommy came to see me.  There’s a van on its way to get you.  I really miss you guys.  We have a lot to catch up on.  Will you come?”

“Of course, baby.  I miss you too and so does Tommy.  I’ll come,” Melinda said and wished her husband a good day.

A Little Family Reunion by nancyarcher

Steve was walking back to his hanger from the complex where Vin had his new office.  He filled the doctor in on the latest with Ally.  They both agreed to let her rest considering how the major growth spurt exhausted both Alex and Emma.  Steve felt small again.  He felt like that nondescript white coat all over again.  Ally transformed into a goddess right before his eyes.  Steve sort of envied his fellow giants.

My time will come.  Steve thought to himself.  He didn’t look like the same man that he was before the change.  I hope Tommy recognizes me and Melinda can accept that I am different now.  I’m not the same man she married.

Steve was brought back to the here and now when one of the complexes white vans came into view.  Steve knew it was them and not the Andersons.  Alex and Emma rode on the back of a modified big rig that Vin purchased just for the giant’s transportation.  This was just one of the vans.  Steve decided to hide inside.

A plain white van pulled up to the James resident that afternoon.  There were no markings on the van to indicate that it belonged to anyone.  Melinda packed enough clothes for her and Tommy to last a week.  She made sure Tommy had his favorite toys.  A kindly gray haired woman in her fifties helped Melinda with her suitcases.  She introduced herself as Robin McAllister.  She explained to Melinda everything about the complex and its residence.  Deep down, Robin prayed that Melinda will accept her husband.

Steve waited inside his home.  He considered the hangar his home now since he can’t go back to his old home.  Steve was very nervous.  He looked in the customized mirror in his customized bathroom.  He looked at himself closely.  His orange-red hair was now a deep dark red that sat in waves instead of frizzy.  His eyes are the color of spring grass.  Even the shape of his once broken nose changed.  His skin is still pale, but appeared even paler without all the freckles that once covered his scrawny body.  Even under his baggy tunic his muscles showed.  For the first time in his life, Steve felt truly handsome.  He hoped that Melinda will accept that.

“You here, Steve,” he heard Robin shout.  “You have visitors!”

“Steve, it’s me!  I brought somebody who would really like to see you!  He misses you!”  Melinda then shouted.  I’m curious to see what you look like now.  I hope Tommy knows who he is or worse, run scared from his own father. 

Steve had a tendency to forget how strong his telepathy is sometimes.  It was hard in those first few months of discovering his unique gift.  It was a gift that only giants possessed and Steve had the strongest until all the recent growth spurts.  The growth spurts, Steve thought to himself; I have a strong feeling that we’re not out of the ballpark yet, I hope I’m wrong.  Steve was afraid to share his feelings with the others.  Alex and Emma haven’t grown another inch since their major growing spell and Steve hoped that wouldn’t change.

“Daddy?  You here,” Steve then heard a small voice say.  Tommy.  Oh son, I pray that you not be scared of your old man.  Steve looked down at his hands.  Just one hand was big enough to hold his son.  I’m a monster.  Steve wanted to cry.  He loved his son and wife more than anything in the world.  He couldn’t bear their rejection.  Steve looked in the mirror once again and got his bearings before opening the large door.

Melinda looked to the opening door with Tommy in her arms.  Tommy was getting antsy and wanted down, but Melinda held him.  Looking up, she saw the dark red hair and those familiar green eyes peek shyly around the corner.  Melinda gasped.  Is that you Steve?  Oh sweet Jesus!  You’re huge!

“Come on out, Steve.  There is no need to be shy around your own family,” Robin said to the giant with a motherly smile.  Robin thought of the giants as her children.  Even though they were bigger and smarter than her, Robin was there from the beginning as she watched them grow.

Steve slowly came out the doorway.  Melinda looked like she was ready to faint at any moment.  This was not the same man that left her and Tommy.  This is a red headed Adonis, not the scrawny thin man with freckles over every square inch of his body she married five years ago.  Dear God, people thought we looked odd together before.

“You’re still beautiful,” Steve said quietly, but his quiet voice now is more like a normal human’s speaking voice.  Melinda blushed.  Steve never looked at his wife’s physical appearance like most men, he liked Melinda for the kind person she is.  He didn’t care that she was slightly obese or the quirky styles she wore.  Steve liked Melinda for the way she made him laugh and her boldness.  He didn’t care that she had tattoos on her neck and arms or that she was the best comic book illustrator ever.  Steve adored Melinda for who she is.

Steve looked like one of Melinda’s many illustrated heroes.  Steve looked young and healthy.  His dark red hair had grown long enough for him to pull back.  His face had changed so dramatically.  The broken nose he received from a schoolyard bully as a kid had mended itself.  His jawline is now much stronger and well defined.  His freckles all disappeared.  Steve looked perfect in every way.

“Daddy!”  Tommy shouted.  “Daddy, you so big,” Tommy then said, straining to look up at his father.  Steve smiled.  He recognizes me, thank heaven for small favors.  Steve thought to himself, and then he heard a stream of kid thoughts.  My Daddy is big like a dinosaur.  I hope I get to be big.

Melinda finally let Tommy down.  Tommy ran to the giant.  Instead of a hug, Steve scooped his son up in his hand.  Tommy laughed.  Steve was careful not to drop the boy.  Tommy looked up at his father with a smile.  “Can we play Jack and the Beanstalk?” Tommy asks and Steve laughs. 

Robin offered to watch Tommy so Steve and Melinda could have some alone time.  Steve helped Melinda up on one of his chairs.  Vin decided that the giants living facilities be built for their needs and no one else’s.  Steve understood this after helping Vin evaluate the others.  The giants accepted that the world was made for humans, but Vin felt that they needed their own sanctuary.  Even though the furnishings were sparse in the hangar suites, they were all built to fit the giants.

“So..,” Steve said to his human wife.

“You’re big,” Melinda answered.  Handsome, strong and muscular.  Not quite what your fat wife was expecting.  Melinda was unaware that her husband could read her every thought.  It broke his heart to ‘hear’ her self-esteem plummeting.

“You’re little,” he said with a smile.  Melinda blushed.

“What do we do now?”

“Move here I guess.”

“What about your work?  I don’t have an office to go to, but you’re too big to fit in a lab,” Melinda said.

“Vin offered me a job here.  I’ll be helping the newly evolved start their lives all over again.”

“Sounds noble.  What about Tommy?  Do you think he’ll be alright living here?”  Melinda asked.

“He’ll be safe.  Vin and I are working on a school for children of the newly evolved,” Steve answered.  He didn’t know how to tell Melinda that Tommy will stay small for a long time or that it’s only a matter of time before Melinda joins their ranks.

“He’s not going to change, is he?”  Melinda asks with sadness filling her eyes.  “I’ll become like you, but he won’t?”

“Not for another thirty years,” Steve said, wanting to take Melinda in his arms.   Tears fell from her eyes.

“We can’t go back to the way things were.  There is no cure for evolution, is there?” Melinda sobbed.

“No there isn’t.  Our physiology has changed so much that there is no way of changing it back without consequences.  You’ll find it isn’t so bad,” Steve said, putting his hand around his wife.  He felt a tremor deep inside him.  Melinda felt the hand grow around her, another small growth spurt.  Steve has been getting them more and more lately.  He never recalled Alex’s body spurting so much before the final phase.

“Does it hurt?” Melinda asks, remembering the growing pains she had as a child.

“No, it feels like I’m stretching sometimes and other times it feels like a tingle.  My mind is different too.  I out score all known I.Q. tests and I’m super strong,” Steve said while flexing his muscle.  Melinda laughed and accepted her new and improved husband.

 

Alex and Emma came home later that day.  Steve introduced them to Melinda and Tommy.  Tommy seemed enthralled by the much bigger giants.  Alex played with the little tot while Emma watched.  He’s going to make an awesome father.  She thought to herself.

Melinda marveled at the size of the Andersons, they made Steve look like a child in comparison.  Steve told her that any day now he would be going through the same change.  Melinda wanted to stay for it.  She wanted to be there to support her husband and Steve agreed.

Melinda and Tommy slept in separate quarters that Vin had built on campus.  It was quarters made for the staff and human family members.  Steve felt that it would not be safe for Melinda to stay with him in the hangar until he went through his change.

Alex helped Vin examine Steve one day.  Melinda came and sat in on the examination.

“Steve, there is something different going on with you,” Vin said.  “You’ve had more growth spurts than even Alex.”

“Yeah, you’re taller than I was before my final spurt,” Alex said.

“Maybe your body is responding differently.  I suggest you lay in bed till after your final spurt.  Just for your own safety,” Vin advised.  Steve agreed and went straight to his hangar.  Melinda followed to make sure her husband would be comfortable.

The next two days felt like a waiting game….

A Growing Dilemma by nancyarcher

News from Washington today, legislation has begun on the new giant laws.  The president expressed his outrage towards the ‘treatment’ of citizens in these so called ‘clinics’.  Dr. Vincent Gunderson spoke out against these ‘clinics’ and demanded that they be shut down immediately.  Alexander and Emma Anderson spoke of behalf of what they called ‘the newly evolved.  Stating that quote, ‘We only want to help the humans,’ and ‘We have no intentions of hurting you.’  Obviously these new people are setting themselves apart from the human race.

“I can’t watch this shit any longer,” Steve said as Melinda shut off the large flat screen.  “I wish they would just show the goddamn video, instead of quoting them.”  Steve had not been in too good of a mood since his orders to be bedridden.  Vin did allow for Melinda and Tommy to move in to cheer him up for which Steve was grateful.

“It’s quite alright Steve.  You remember how those little ones can be,” Emma said as she loaded his bedside table with drums of shakes.

“I know, but all of them aren’t that way,” Steve said as he looked at Melinda and gave her a wink of his eye.

“They’ll always be small minded,” said a smaller black haired giantess that looked to be about thirteen years old.  It was Alex’s former human secretary, Caroline Honeywell.  She fluffed Steve’s pillows for him.

I should be taking care of my husband, not these women, but I can’t.  Emma gave Steve a sad look.  She had heard Melinda’s thought too.  Steve reached out to his wife who sitting next to him on the bed.  He put his large hard around her.  Melinda grabbed his thumb and hugged it.  His hand could cover over half her torso.  “I love you, honey.  No matter what size you are,” Steve whispered.  Melinda smiled.

Steve felt a tremor.  Steve’s growing sensations were a little different than the other giants.  Everyone else felt a tingling sensation, but Steve felt small tremors.  Then he felt ill and hot.  Emma, get Melinda off of the bed now!  It’s getting ready to start!

Without hesitation, Emma scooped up Melinda.  “Hey!  What the…,” Melinda said and looked at Steve.  She understood the giantess’ actions.  She just sat there frozen in Emma’s hands.  She watched as Steve’s arms and legs seemed to stretch, filling out the oversized pants he’s been wearing.  A beard formed on his chin and became longer and longer.  His body and face began to fill out.  Steve started to resemble the man Melinda dated when she was twenty-five.  Just as abruptly as it started, the growth stopped, leaving Steve’s body nearly filling out the length of the twenty foot bed.

Melinda jumped when she heard his stomach growl.  Emma assured her that it was normal and that Steve needs to start consuming the shakes she brought.  Emma then put Melinda back down next to her husband.  I feel like one of Tommy’s toys.  God Steve, what’s happened to you?  Melinda was still unaware of Steve’s unusual gift.  He sits up and smiles down at her.  “Y-y-you’re really big,” Melinda gasped.

“More of me to love,” Steve joked and Melinda smiled up at her newly enlarged husband. 

Steve started to consume the shakes left at his bedside.  Emma thought she had given him enough, but Steve demanded more.  Steve’s hunger didn’t seem satisfied; even he was alarmed by this.  Emma didn’t recall even consuming so much herself.  She knew that she had drunk more than Alex because of the child she was carrying inside her. 

When he felt full, Steve wanted to see the damage.  Emma helped him out of the bed.  He took note of the fact that he appeared a couple of inches taller than her.  Emma took his measurement.  “Seventeen feet and nine inches,” she announced.  “Looks like that excessive growth you were so worried about didn’t affect you at all.  You’re right where you should be,” Emma then said. 

“Damn, you consumed like five barrels of that nasty shit,” Caroline said.

“I only remember drinking three, but I was still very hungry after that,” Emma said, trying to make sense of it.

“I need to shave before I hit the sack.  I can’t stand having facial hair,” Steve said, looking at how long his hair had gotten.  He went into the bathroom to see that everything fit his new size perfectly.   Then he started grooming himself.

Steve felt like Steve again, but he didn’t look like Steve.  He looked like a god.  Then he felt the pull of sleep weigh on him.  Melinda watched him with concern as he went back to his bed and instantly fell asleep.

“It’s normal,” Emma said, looking down at the small woman.  “He’ll be like this for a week and then you can have him back.”  Emma and Melinda bonded in the two days Melinda has stayed at the complex.  Emma liked Steve’s human wife.  Melinda was like no one Emma has ever met.  Emma was conservative when she was human and Melinda is quite the opposite.  Emma liked that about her.

 

Two days after Steve fell asleep, Ally woke up.  Emma gave her a haircut and introduced the giantess to Steve’s human wife.  Melinda could tell that the giants all grew to the sizes they were in relation to one another.  Ally had been petite as a human and as a giantess she was pretty much the same.  Ally seemed to be a bit of a wild card to Melinda, but she liked the giantess all the same.

“We should probably check up on Steve,” Melinda said.  She had a dream the other night.  A very odd dream, she dreamt that Steve never stopped growing.   It was more of a nightmare than a dream.

Emma saw that Steve needed another shave, so she decided to keep with his wishes.

“Funny, but Steve always hated having facial hair.  He said it made him look like a leprechaun,” Melinda tells the giantess.  Emma giggles as she started shaving the comatose Steve, it was then Emma noticed something was a little off about Steve.  She stood silent for a moment. 

“Melinda, does Steve’s hair always grow fast?” she asked the human woman.

“No, why?” Melinda asked.  Emma didn’t want to alarm the human, but she knew that if she were in Melinda’s shoes, she would want to know.  Emma then started pulling back the blankets.  Melinda gasped, she understood Emma’s concern.  Steve’s body was a few feet smaller than the twenty foot bed after his last growth spurt, but now his feet hit the end of the bed while his head was at the very top.  Steve had grown pass his new height.  “Should we wake him?” Melinda then asked.

“He won’t wake till he’s ready.  We should get Vin to look at him,” Emma said as she picked up the giant service phone.  Vin was on his way.

 

“Steve is bigger than Alex.  From what we can measure, he’s twenty feet even.  His body is doing something completely different,” Vin said, scratching his blond hair.  “We’ll have to keep an eye on it.  No going to the media until I know for sure what’s happening here,” Vin said to a few of his trusted techs.

Melinda and Tommy moved back into the suite much to Tommy’s dismay.  Melinda couldn’t bear seeing her husband under a microscope so to speak, but she wanted to be close to him.

Every day it was something new.  Steve was slowly growing in his comatose state.  Another mattress was brought in as Steve feet began to hang off the original one.  Each day Steve’s measurements changed.  Melinda was very afraid for her husband. 

One day, Steve woke up.  He got up and realized that his space changed dramatically.  Melinda came in and Steve felt she looked a lot smaller than he remembered.  He noticed that he wasn’t wearing the same pants either.  Melinda gave him a sad look.  I don’t know how I’m going to tell him.  He heard Melinda thinking.  Sweet Jesus!  He’s twenty-five feet and still growing.  Why did this have to happen?

I’m the biggest one now and I’m getting bigger.  I’ve got nearly six feet on Alex.  How is this happening?  Steve thought to himself.  He felt awkward and too big now.

“Oh, hey baby,” Melinda said with a smile.  Even her voice sounded smaller.

“Hi,” Steve said in a whisper, unsure of the tone of his own voice.  “How did this happen?”

“Dr. Gunderson thinks it has to do with your special talent.  He told me about your telepathy.  Why didn’t you tell me about it sooner?” Melinda looked upset and she had every reason to be.  “You know I don’t like secrets.”

“I didn’t want to scare you anymore than you already were.”

“Jesus Steve!  Yes I was scared of you at first, but then I remembered that you’re still my husband and that I still love you.  I can’t stay frightened of you,” Melinda said, still miffed at her gigantic husband.

“I’m sorry honey.”

“Oh yeah, I have a secret to tell you if you haven’t picked it out of my brain yet.  I’m pregnant.”

Steve’s jaw dropped.  He was happy but yet frightened at the same time.  What if Melinda never evolved?  His children will be stuck with a giant for a father.  What if Melinda does evolve?  Will the fetus grow too or will she end up losing the baby?  What about Tommy?  If the fetus does grow with Melinda, how will Tommy cope having a titanic sibling?  Tons and tons of questions. Besides the fact that he’s still growing.  Steve’s world is rapidly changing again.

 

Steve was grateful that the growth only hit him in his sleep.  He was growing like he did when he was a human kid.  His customized living quarters seemed to be getting smaller and smaller by the day.  All the giants at the complex had to look up at him, even Alex.  Something strange happened to him that didn’t happen with the others and as Steve grew, so did his clarity and insight.  The world had no clue about his existence.

Steve worked hard at his new job.  Giants from all over the country that could afford it, made the trip to personally speak to him.  Some giants without anything had to be visited and that was where Caroline Honeywell came in.  She helped Steve as his secretary and representative.  Even Melinda helped with some of Steve’s advocate duties despite the fact that she wasn’t one of them yet.

Melinda and Tommy moved back in with Steve, making for a happy three year old.  Even though Steve couldn’t hug him or pick his son up like a normal child, he found others ways of dealing with the major size difference.  Steve became a model giant for all the residence of what was officially named as Gaea House, after the Greek mother of the Titans.

Everyday Steve got checked out by either Vin or Ally.  Ally became one of Vin’s assistants since she couldn’t officially be called a doctor.  Melinda was there at every appointment, by her husband’s side.  Steve was very thankful for the new clothing Alex’s company made.  It was made of a material developed by giants that expanded as your body did.  Steve was the first to test this new material.

“You’re twenty-six feet and five inches,” Ally declared looking up at the wall.

“That’s over a foot from where you were, honey,” Melinda said, straining her neck to look up at him.  Steve then bent down and scooped her up in his enormous hand.  Melinda laughs.  Steve held her to where he could look her in the eyes.  Their marriage has been the best it has been in years, thanks to Steve’s new view of the world.

“Even more of me to love,” Steve tells his wife.  Steve joked about his size but deep down inside, it scared him.  Melinda was concerned for her ever growing husband too.  The others showed no signs of growth but Steve.  He was almost five times his original size.

“And love it I will,” Melinda said.  Steve laughed softly and kissed his wife forehead.  All the sudden, Melinda felt ill.  Ally took her from Steve and checked her out.

It’s the change.  Oh please, let the baby survive this.  Steve effortlessly heard Ally’s thoughts.  I’m going to admit her.  Looks like you’re going to be all that Tommy’s got for now.  It’s best to keep him away until she is close to looking like an adult again.

I agree.  I’ll see if I can get Robin to help out for the time being.  It’s very hard for me to take care of some of his needs.  Ally gave Steve a sad look.   Tommy was barely the size of a field mouse compared to Steve.  Steve took good care of his human son but as far as everyday mundane things like dressing him and brushing his hair, Steve was of no use.  This trivial thing made Steve sad, but having a giant for a father had its advantages.  The games the two played were endless, although Tommy was the champ at hide and seek.

Steve went back to his hangar.  Tommy ran to him the moment he entered the hangar.  “Daddy,” the little tot yelled.  Steve scooped him up and greeted his little boy in the usual way.

“How’s my big man today?” Steve asked the boy.

“You the big man Daddy.  Where’s Mommy?”  Tommy said, looking up at his enormous father.

“Mommy won’t be with us for a while,” Steve said sadly to his son.

“Is she growing big like you?”  Tommy asks and Steve smiles at his very bright son.

“Yes she is,” Steve said and Tommy’s eyes got big.  Just then, Robin came into the room.  “Would you like it if Mrs. McAllister stayed with us while Mommy is away?”  Steve then asks him.  Robin McAllister knew the giant’s code and gladly accepted the position as temporary live in nanny for Tommy.

“Sure!  I can’t wait to see my big Mommy,” Tommy declared.

Strange Growth by nancyarcher

Robin McAllister took on the job of being Tommy’s temporary nanny after Steven James; advocate to the giants approached her with his dilemma.  The so called ‘growth virus’ started accelerating around the world.   Everyone at Gaea House knew the truth, there was no virus.  It was all in the DNA.  No one knew that better than Steven James.  A man that was once an awkward near-sighted white coat with a gangly and ginger appearance now changed into a dark red headed Adonis.  Despite his new appearance the old Steve still lingered in personality and shyness.

Robin lays in her bed one night after all was quiet in the large spacious converted airplane hangar.  She reads her e-book while reflecting on the day’s events.  Steve coming home to tell his son that his mother won’t be around for a while.  It broke her heart.  The whole situation was pretty heartbreaking.  Steve was always one of the kindest people Robin had worked with, even before the change.  He talked about Tommy and Melinda like they were the only people in the world.

Robin found Melinda to be a bit of an odd one.  Her appearance was nothing like Steve’s.  She had a bold style and way about her.  She dressed in part rockabilly and part housewife.  A creative and artsy creature that reflected her choice of profession.

Robin heard a sound, the sound of bones cracking loudly. Poor Steve, he’s gotten so big that even his bones are growing loud.  I hope it ends soon.  Robin thought to herself.  The she heard Steve moan in his sleep, “It has to Robin,” he moaned loudly.  Robin shook her head.  Even his telepathy won’t rest.

 

Steve woke up the next morning; everything seemed even smaller than it did the day before.  He bends over and looks in the bathroom mirror.  He still looked like twenty-five year old Steven James only much bigger.  His growth spurt hit hard last night.  He went to do his morning shave. He then went to his sparse kitchen area and grabbed a couple of drum of strawberry shakes from the warehouse shelves and put them on the reinforced kitchen table.   Robin worked in a small kitchen area, making Tommy his breakfast.  The area used to be a break area for the workers at the hangar and there was a large glass window that Steve looked in and smiled at his son.  “Daddy!  You got bigger,” Tommy shouted.  It was the same comment every morning.   Steve just shrugged it off; it was only his innocent little boy.

Steve went to sit in the chair that was barely tall enough to accommodate his long, long legs.  Much longer than the day before.  He sighed when he heard the chair creak under his weight.  He stood up and moved the chair away.  He put his breakfast on the floor and sat Indian style.  Steve wondered how tall he stood today.

 

Steve went to his appointment that morning.  Thankfully he could still fit through the door which meant he could still get in his office which happened to be in the same building.

“Steve, today you’re twenty-nine feet and two inches,” Ally told him.  Allison Hayes now stood to Steve’s mid-thigh.  Even she wasn’t much of a giantess to Steve.

“Just make me twenty-nine even.  Those two inches don’t make much of a difference anymore,” Steve brooded.  Ally caught his sour mood.  Steve was depressed.  She worried about her friend.  “Ten more inches and I’m rubbing the tops of the doorways in here.”

“Hey, you need to smile.  You’ve got that son of yours to think about.  Have you seen your wife yet today?”

“No, but you’re right about Tommy.”

“We were in for a shock this morning.  She’s evolving differently.  I can’t explain it, other than that it’s slow and unusual.  In fact, Vin only wants to keep her for another day,” Ally said.

“What do you mean, Ally?”

“She didn’t turn into a large toddler like the rest of us.  In fact, she is growing very slowly.  It’s weird, but it’s been a week and she’s only five-eight.”

“She still looks like herself and she’s growing very slowly?”

“Yes, but her blood is like ours and her I.Q. tests have slightly improved.  Vin thinks it might be because she’s pregnant.  She’s the first pregnant case on record.  None of the other Gaea Houses reported any women coming in that were pregnant before evolving,” Ally said.

“Nothing has changed other than that?”

“Well, she is thinning out even though she gains weight,” Ally answered.

With that said, Steve left Ally’s office and to the patient area.  He saw the newcomer, Andrea Jenkins.  A forty-four year old woman who had been beaten by her husband for the last five years.  He was a worthless drunk, but Andrea weathered it out.  The day she became ill, the beatings were so bad that it alerted the neighbors.  The police found her ill with the so-called virus and transported her straight to Gaea House.  Steve took her case without question when Vin had told him about it.  Today Andrea is now ten evolving years old and stands ten feet tall.  The tables would be turned if her husband saw her now, but Andrea is past all the abuse.  She legally divorced him the day she was hauled away and has been happy since.  She smiles up at Steve as he passes her in the hall.

“Boy, you really spurted up last night, Mr. James.  You here to see the wife?” she asked the passing giant.

“Yes Andrea and how are you doing?”

“Great, they measured me at ten two this morning, so things are looking up thank to you, Mr. James,” Andrea answered.  Steve enthralled her like he did all the other giants at Gaea House.  Andrea went about her way.

Steve stood outside the door of Melinda’s suite.  I hope I don’t upset Steve, but it’s best for Tommy’s sake.  I wonder what’s going to happen if I go to term in the middle of changing.  Oh God, I hope the baby is okay?  Melinda’s thoughts flooded Steve’s mind.  Then he reached out to her with his own thoughts to see if she can receive them now.

Whatever happens, we’ll make it.  We still have a wonderful son that misses you so much. He’ll be happy when I tell him you’ll be home tomorrow.  Don’t be alarmed when I come in, I’ve grown quite a bit since you last saw me.  I’ll be alright, but it would be nice if this was it.  Steve sent out to her.  This is a good test to her new abilities.

Steve opened the door and looked down at the woman that barely to come halfway up to his knee.  Melinda looked almost the same but Steve didn’t.  Steve looked even more powerfully built to fit his new larger size.  Melinda couldn’t believe the sight of him.  Still wearing the usual scrub like clothing he wore while he was growing and not like the normal outfits the others have started wearing.  Steve was now roughly the size of a three story building.

“Miss me,” Steve said in his quietest voice.

“You know I do,” Melinda answered.

Melinda had on scrubs since none of her clothing was brought.  She looked almost the same as she did when Ally first admitted her.  The height wasn’t noticeable to Steve but her face was.  It seemed thinner and not as full as it once was.  Even her hair looked a little neater and her visible ink looked faded.  Only small changes.

“I can still wear my shoes even though they do feel a little snug,” Melinda tells Steve.  Vin wants to study me.  He seems to think that he might be able to come up with a solution for the kids.”

Vin and Steve have discussed several times over the problem with the children not evolving.  The older generation can’t always be there to take care of them and to find a responsible twenty something is like finding a needle in a haystack.  The only solution is to trick their DNA somehow into evolving.  It’s a risky move, but needs to be done.

“What about our baby?” Steve asks.

“Too soon to tell.  Vin hopes that’s the reason I’m evolving so slowly is so the baby can grow with me.  My appetite seems endless and my blood is the same as yours now.  I hope Vin is right,” Melinda said, straining to look up at her husband.  Steve then offered his hand to her.  Melinda sat comfortably upon his one hand.  Steve was very careful as he brought her up to his view.  Melinda felt like Fay Wray in King Kong.

“Tommy will be a little disappointed that you’re not going to be big, but I like this better.  We’ll just tell him that you had a false alarm.  There is no need to turn his whole world around.  It’s bad enough that he’s the size of a mouse to me,” Steve said with sad eyes.

“He’ll figure it out, honey.  Tommy is a smart boy.  He’ll notice and he’ll be upset, especially if the baby evolves too,” Melinda said.  She looked as though she was ready to cry. 

 

Steve went to his office shortly after visiting Melinda.  He turned on his voice activated computer.  Everything in the office was programmed to his voice.  He looked over the latest Gaea House files. Vin only allowed a handful of giants to meet him.  Steve was Gaea House’s biggest secret, at least until he finished growing.  The thoughts of others in the complex filled his mind.  Steve was getting a headache.  It was hard sometimes for him to concentrate.  As he has always done in this situation, Steve concentrated on Tommy.  Tommy’s childlike thoughts always soothed the giant.

“I would like to go through any new files, Goliath,” he tells the computer with a screen as big as a Jumbo Tron.

“As you wish, Mr. James,” the computer’s electronic voice answered.

Three new cases popped up on the screen.  Steve needed to find someone to fill Melinda’s room since she was going home tomorrow.  He found one in the form of a poor farmer named, Aaron Smith.  A thirty-three year old man who recently came down with the so-called virus.  He has five kids and has been married ten years to his wife, Sally.  It started last week so the man is still living in the house, but his farm has been suffering from his absence.  The perfect candidate for Gaea House.  Steve called Honeywell to set up the arrangements.

 

The following day Steve went in for his checkup.  He is still twenty-nine feet and two inches.  This made him happy.  He decided to take the day off from his advocate duties so that he could spend a day with Tommy and Melinda.

Melinda looked even more beautiful than she did the day before.  She hadn’t grown any, but the changes in her were something to behold.

“Look honey,” Melinda said as she flexed her arm.  “This is better than that personal trainer you got me and I didn’t even have to lift a figure.”  Steve laughed as he walked Melinda home.

Tommy attacked Melinda the moment Steve put her back down on the ground.  Melinda lifted Tommy up without any restrain like she usually had.  Tommy didn’t see the difference in his mother, he was just grateful to have her back, but Robin did.  Robin was a tall woman of six foot.  She noticed that Melinda appeared taller in her tennis shoes.  She also noticed that Melinda seemed a bit thinner but nothing too alarming.  Robin then took her leave so that she may spend the day with her grandkids.  Steve was so happy to have his little family back together again.

A Growing Matter by nancyarcher

Aaron Smith and his wife Sally farmed crops for a living.  They lived in Iowa on a forty acre farm with their five kids.  They were both good salt of the earth, God fearing people.  Sally got the shock of her life when her husband fell ill with the ‘growth virus.’  She worried about how they were going to survive.  The growing season had been a bust and the mortgage on the farm was already well past due.  Sally worried especially after her husband went through the physical age regression that she heard so much about.  Now she dealt with a very hungry six and half foot four year old on top of the rest of the brood.  It wasn’t until she heard about a place called Gaea House that Sally started to feel some hope.  She signed up to be on their waiting list.

A week later, much to Sally’s surprise she received a phone call from a Caroline Honeywell telling her that Aaron got accepted with an all-expense paid trip to the complex.  Aaron was overjoyed by this news as well.  Sally thought they wouldn’t get accepted till it was too late, but Ms. Honeywell explained that it wasn’t a waiting list so much as the advocate’s approval.  She also mentioned that the advocate would like to speak directly with her and her husband and that the advocate doesn’t always do that.  Sally felt privileged.

The trip to Gaea House seemed long.  Sally left the kids under the watch of her mother and drove to this special place.  Once there, she was greeted by a very beautiful giantess with violet eyes and black hair.  The giantess looked to be about sixteen.  Her name was Caroline Honeywell.  She took them to the human quarters first where Sally could drop off her bags.  Then she took them to a very large office building with fifty foot ceilings and thirty foot doors.  She led them to the office of Melinda James.

Melinda James was a beautiful but slightly obese woman that stood about five foot ten inches tall.  The statuesque woman had dark red wavy hair and faded tattoos.  She greeted the Smiths with a smile and directed them to sit down.

“I am here to brief you a little bit on what Gaea House is all about.  We are here to help the newly evolve adapt to the small world.  We will help you and your family in any way possible.  Your mortgage has been taken care of and some farm hands should be at the ready when you go home, Mrs. Smith.  We don’t like to see the families struggle,” Melinda explained.  Sally’s jaw dropped, she wasn’t expecting this.  “Of course we will expect Mr. Smith here to pull his weight around here.  You will find that Gaea House is much more than a ‘recovery center.’’

“With that said, I will need you to sign these clearance forms before meeting my husband, Steven James.  You see, he doesn’t meet with just anybody.  You will find that he is quite extraordinary and I’m not saying that because he’s my husband,” Melinda said with a smile.

“Why do we have to sign these forms?” Aaron asks.

“Yeah, just to meet someone?” Sally says.

“Gaea House holds a lot of secrets that the public doesn’t know about.  On our tour you will see this.  Some of our patients like to work on special projects and developments for things like solving problems that man seems to ignore.  Most are in the development stage and we can’t risk a leak.  Plus, Dr. Gunderson and his most trusted staff are looking into the cause of this so-called virus,” Melinda explained.

“Everything I have seen and read about it says that it’s a virus.  Why do you say ‘so-called’?” Sally asked.

“Mrs. Smith, to be honest, the media has been ill-informed.  This is not something that can ever be fixed.  The so-called ‘infected’ are having a DNA change, there is no known cure for Mother Nature.  Your husband is going through the next stage of man and the same thing will eventually happen to you too,” Melinda explained.

“What about our kids?  This is not infecting children,” Sally said, thinking of her five little ones and the one she recently found out about that’s in her tummy.  Melinda could see her glow, the glow of a pregnant woman, even though Sally wasn’t showing.

“Tell me, Mrs. Smith.  Have you fallen ill recently?” Melinda asks.

“Yes, a slight flu bug.  It was some twenty-four hour thing,” Sally answered.

“Are you expecting?” Melinda asks.

“Yes, found out about the same day Aaron fell ill.  Why do you ask?” Sally said.

Melinda reached out her thoughts to Steve who was sitting in his office working on his cases.  Steve, it looks like we’re going to have to admit Mrs. Smith as well.  She’s been ill and she’s expecting.  We can let her stay in the staff and family suites.  Melinda broadcasted, even though her telepathy is a far cry from her gigantic husband’s.

We’re going to need to contact the rest of the family.  According to this, all the family they have are Sally’s mother.  I’ll get Caroline on it and I’ll also contact Vin.  We need to get Sally checked out as soon as possible.  I’ll call Ally and see if we can get Sally’s medical records as well.  Melinda received her husband’s message.  Aaron gave Melinda and Sally a funny look.

“I thought I just heard voice,” Aaron said, shaking his head.

“It’s another little secret you’ll learn here, Mr. Smith.  The newly evolved are telepathic.  You were probably picking up the conversation between me and my husband,” Melinda said with a smile.

“But you’re not a giant?” Sally said.

“Mrs. Smith, you and I are one in the same.  You see I am with child too and I’ve also come down with this ‘flu bug’ you’ve had.  The wheels are moving a little differently for us.  Now if you would please sign the clearance forms and all will be explained,” Melinda said.

Sally felt hopeless all over again but something deep inside her told her to sign the papers and that is exactly what she did.  With the taken care of, five foot three Sally Smith and her husband became patients of Gaea House.

First place Melinda took the Smiths to would be the clinic.  One of the biggest giantesses the Smiths encounters introduced herself as Allison Hayes.  She wore a white coat over a red dress with no shoes.  All the giants went without shoes.  They didn’t feel temperatures anymore.

“Now Mrs. Smith, your medical records tell me that you are five foot three.  Have you noticed any changes other than the pregnancy lately,” Ally looks down at the petite woman.

“Well to be honest, I have felt much more energetic than I normally do,” Sally answered honestly.  Lately Sally has felt like she has been able to keep up with her kids.

“That should be expected.  Let me get some measurements,” Ally said and motioned for Sally to stand as straight as possible.  “You’re five foot four and a half.  You’ve grown some and according to your records and you have gained some weight too.  You’re evolving at a much slower rate because of the baby inside you.  Melinda is our only other case and it’s too soon to tell what’s going to happen.”

“Come with me and my husband will discuss some options we have,” Melinda said, directing the Smiths out of the clinic area and up a flight of steps. 

Melinda stopped on the landing before the door and turned to the Smiths.  “A word of warning, Steven is like no other giant you will meet.  He has evolved much farther.  The general public is unaware of his existence.  He will be coming out soon, but for now he wants to be kept under wraps so to speak.  Don’t be afraid, Steven wouldn’t harm a fly and don’t let his appearance fool you either.  All I ask is that you keep an open mind,” Melinda said with sad blue eyes. 

Melina opened the door and directed the Smiths onto a balcony overlooking an office space with a gigantic desk. They were eye level with the biggest giant they have ever seen, a giant as big as a three story building playing with a redheaded toddler no bigger than a field mouse.

“Can’t find me, daddy,” the little boy shouted as he hid behind the computer.  The handsome giant smiled as he searched his desk for the tot.

“Behind my computer, Tommy,” he says gently.  Steve’s green eyes lit up in a smile as he reached his hand around the monitor.  Tommy climbed up on the enormous hand, laughing.  Steve then tickled him with his index finger.  Tommy adapted well to his titanic father.

Sally and Aaron Smith watched the giant and the tot with their mouths agape.  The giant with the dark red hair and wearing what looked like green hospital scrubs.  The giant wore a kindly smile as he looked down at the tot in his hand.

“I love you, daddy,” Tommy said as he hugged the index finger.  “I have the biggest daddy in the whole wide world,” Tommy then announced.

“You don’t know how true that is,” Steve said with a sigh.  Steve then became aware of his guest.  His telepathy didn’t pick up their presence because he was so focused on Tommy.  Steve brought Tommy to work with him once in a while to keep his mind calm. Steve put Tommy back down on his desk with his toys.  The only items on Steve’s desk were the computer and a small play area for Tommy.  He had no papers or pencils because everything in his office was voice activated electronics.  Due to Steve’s size, it just made it easier that way.  “You behave so daddy can talk to these nice people,” Steve tell Tommy and Tommy obeys.

“Aaron and Sally Smith, this is my husband Steven James and our son Tommy,” Melinda says, making introductions.  The Smiths didn’t know what to say.  Steve smiled straight ahead at the platform.  His long red hair tied back in a loose ponytail, he had feature that could make a Greek god envious.  There was something different about this enormous giant, something fragile and human.

“I’m pleased to meet you two,” Steve said in a quiet, yet shy voice.  Steve was still not used to dealing with people.  He was always empathic but a little introverted.  Being five times his original size hasn’t changed that much.  Of course he is a bit more confident than what he used to be and still kind hearted.  His looks may have changed, but not his personality.

“N-N-Nice to meet you too, M-M-Mr. James,” Sally managed to get out.

“Please don’t be intimidated by me.  I’m here to help you and your husband, Mrs. Smith.  I know my size comes as a shock, but I want you to be able to talk to me.  Tell me about your situation and we can come up with solutions to help you.  As you can see, being a father I can understand your concerns.  Melinda and I are still learning how to handle our situation.  It’s hard when there are children involved, that is why I chose your case.  We don’t really do waiting list here, I decide who needs help the most,” Steve explain.  Steve had always been one for hard luck cases and the Smiths were one of those cases.  “If you ever need anyone to talk to during your stay, my door is always open.”

“Thank you, Mr. James,” Aaron says.

“I’d usually shake hands with the people I meet, but as you can see it’s a little difficult for me, but I want to welcome you to Gaea House and if there is anything you need, don’t hesitate to ask either myself or Melinda.  We want your stay here to be as pleasant as possible.  Ms. Honeywell has just sent out transport to get your kids and mother, Mrs. Smith.  They can live with you in the human quarters until it becomes cramped so to speak.  Mr. Smith will have to stay here at the clinic.  We’ll allow for your visit, Mrs. Smith but the children a prohibited until he starts looking older.  We don’t want to confuse them,” Steve explained.  The rules seemed fair even though Aaron will miss the smiling faces of his brood.  “It will go by fast, Mr. Smith,” Steve than said, reading the man-child’s thoughts.

Melinda then escorted the Smiths back to their rooms.  Aaron to his room and then Sally to hers.  She looked up at Melinda before going into her suite.  “Does it get easier?” Sally asks her.  Melinda gave her a smile.

“To be honest Sally, my relationship with my husband is the best it’s ever been despite our differences.  There are perks to becoming bigger.  Would you believe that this is the same Steven James,” Melinda said, showing Sally a family picture.  Sally studied the skinny looking man with curly orange hair and glasses and his overweight tattooed wife.  “That was Steven and I three months ago.  You do more than just grow.  Your body changes in ways you never thought possible.  I’m much taller than what I used to be, but you can also see that I am thinner despite the fact that I’m pregnant.  Your body becomes much stronger and resilient.  My tattoos are fading because my skin is changing.  I could go get them touched up, but it wouldn’t do me any good, they’ll just keep fading,” Melinda explained.

“But how did your husband get so big?  I’ve never seen a giant that big before,” Sally said.

“He’s the end product.  We thought when the Andersons grew that that was it, well when Steven started his final stage, he kept growing.  He has a stable height of twenty-nine feet, two inches.  That’s five times his original height.  Some of the other larger ones recently started growing again, but the last phase is slow.  Steve is the biggest giant in the world at the moment, but that will change.  Dr. Gunderson is making preparations for Steve to come out to the world, but Steve is a shy and introverted person.  We’ll have to see if the world can accept him,” Melinda said with a sad look in her eyes.

“Now our situation is a different matter altogether.  Since you are now a part of Gaea House I can tell you our top secret project.  They have been studying my biology to find a way to grow the children of newly evolved people.  So far the experiments have been positive.  Soon we are going into the final stage.  We are only doing this because you will find with Aaron that it is quite difficult for them to care for children,” Melinda said.

“Your husband seemed to be handling your son alright,” Sally said.

“He’s a good playmate, but he can’t take care of Tommy’s other needs,” Melinda said and Sally understood remembering how small Tommy looked next to his father.  Sally seemed to like the James’s.  She said her good-byes to Melinda and went in to relax in her suite.  She took off her snug shoes and lay back in her chair and watched some T.V.

The Growing World by nancyarcher

Steve paced about the hangar nervously.  Soon the world will know of his existence.  Melinda was working late on some paperwork and Robin came over to help with Tommy.  Steve missed helping Melinda give Tommy his bath and putting his on his pajamas for bed.  Now he had to rely on the hands of others to take care of his boy.

Melinda and Steve never told Tommy about Melinda’s condition and Tommy never seemed to notice that week by week his mother was gradually changing.  Steve never really noticed either unless she stood next to something.  Tonight happened to be the night Tommy found out about his mother.

Melinda entered the hangar and Steve gently scooped her up in his hand.  Melinda was never surprised; it was the same every night she worked late.  Steve held her close to his face and Melinda would kiss his nose.  Robin enters the room with Tommy just as Steve put Melinda back down.  Tommy gives her a hug and Robin approaches her.  This time instead of Melinda looking up at the six foot Robin, Robin had to look up at Melinda.  Today’s checkup, Melinda measured at six foot five inches.  Tommy never noticed until Robin stood next to Melinda.

“Mommy, you got big,” Tommy said.  Robin looked down at Melinda’s bare feet.  Robin had been wearing her usual work boots.  She then looked back up at Melinda with a smile.  Melinda had dramatically thinned out.  She had become a red-headed amazon with faded tattoos.  Melinda was barely recognizable from that overweight woman that had first come here.  Her pert little nose matched the rest of her heart shaped face.  Her light blue eyes sparkled and her dark red hair shone.  “Mommy, you pretty,” Tommy then said.

“Your son is right, Melinda.  Evolving is definitely agreeing with you,” Robin said.

“Yes, but I can’t go to the press conference next week.  I’m Gaea House’s next big secret besides that new formula,” Melinda says.

“You sure you still want Tommy to be test subject three?  We can always get another test subject,” Robin said, unsure of the new serum the giants developed.

“We need a test subject from every age group to age thirteen.  The injection is designed to make the subject momentarily ill if it doesn’t work.  Ally is quite confident,” Steve said.  “I only wish I could have been of assistance,” Steve than said, missing his days of chemicals and test tubes.

“I hope for your sake it works, Steve,” Robin said.

 

Steve sat on a chair behind a curtain.  The media peoples’ thoughts flooded his mind like a storm.  Steve did his best to block them out.  Emma held his hand; she had come to give her support to her oversized friend since Melinda couldn’t come.  She fussed over his blue and black scrub outfit.  Are you going to be alright, Steve?  Emma’s thought effortlessly flowed.  Emma knew that Steve was very introverted and shy; she found this trait rather sweet and charming.

I think so, but my heart is elsewhere right now.  I hope Tommy is going to be okay.  Steve broadcasted back.  Today was not only the day for the conference, but also the day the serum was getting injected into thirteen children, his son being one of those children.  Steve reached out his mind to his son.  Tommy was unaware of what’s going on.  Melinda held him in her arms.  Tommy looked so small these days.  Melinda’s last checkup had her at seven foot even.  She is now forbidden to leave Gaea House.  I wish I could be there with him.  He is so frightened right now.  Steven then broadcasted. 

Emma gave him a warm and caring smile.  Tommy will be alright.  Children are resilient, he’ll forget about the whole experience.  Emma broadcasted back and squeezed his enormous hand.

 

Meanwhile in the restricted lab at Gaea House, Melinda James held her three year old son as one of the human tech injected Tommy with a clear blue liquid.  Tommy cried from the poke as most kids his age would.  It was bad enough they weighed and measured every inch of him and touched every muscle in his body.  Tommy hated being here, but his Mommy and Daddy told him that if he wanted to be big and strong he had to come.  Tommy wanted to be big and strong like his hero, his Daddy, so he endured the place.

“Melinda, I need you to feed him a shake with every meal so that we know he is getting proper nutrition.  We’re going to need to check him every day to see if it’s working, if it’s not Tommy will experience weight gain and sickness.  If it works, the serum will gradually change Tommy’s DNA with his natural growth.  It will hardly be noticeable at first, but as time goes on, his growth should accelerate the older he gets,” Ally explained.

“I’m going to be big like Daddy, Aunt Ally?” Tommy said.

“I hope so,” Ally said, sitting on the floor so she could look at him and Melinda. 

“I want to be big,” Tommy said.

Steve wants to be able to hold his son properly.  He loves Tommy so much.  It’ll be nice not have Tommy mouse sized anymore.  Melinda broadcasted. 

Let’s hope it takes, for the sake of the children.  Ally broadcasted back.  She then stood up to her new height of sixteen feet.  She wasn’t growing as quickly as Steve, but then again neither were all the other original giants.  Steve still stands above all the others.

 

Today many news outlets have come here to Gaea House where Doctor Vincent Gunderson called a press conference.  Seems the world’s giant people have only gotten bigger.  Dr. Gunderson revealed a giant by the name of Steven James.  Mr. James stands as tall as a three story building, making him the tallest giant on record.

The press talked to Mr. James and found out that he is five times as big as he used to be and that Mr. James was once a lab tech who happened to work for Dr. Gunderson.  Mr. James appeared to be quiet and nervous.  You ask this reporter; Mr. James has nothing to be nervous about.

Melinda watched the news report.  Old pictures of Steve appeared on the screen next to his new and improved self.  Steven’s world just got turned upside-down.

 Melinda then served dinner for her and Tommy.  She had Vin order a pizza to be sent to the guards where she had to pick it up.  Tommy needed a special treat for his bravery.  She served Tommy his shake before the pizza.  Tommy didn’t like it but Melinda made him drink it and she drunk one as well. 

Tommy had eaten almost half of one of the two pizzas.  Melinda decided not to stop him from having as much as he wanted.  She has a growing boy on her hands now.

Happy Birthday by nancyarcher

That Anderson is such a fool. Thought the brittle old man watching his flat screen.  A red headed giant answers the questions of the chirping reporters, shyly looking into the camera.  The creature spoke in practically a whisper which sounded like a normal person’s speaking voice.

The Gaea Foundation must fall.  That Anderson is pouring all his money into this useless foundation.  Evolution my ass. Thought sixty-five year old tycoon and billionaire, Calvin Harper.  Calvin envied his business rival even before the change.  Alexander Anderson was young and fresh, everything that made his internet social site and other business ventures popular, whereas Calvin Harper came from old money.  Alexander Anderson also had the looks of a movie star which earned him a certain amount of celebrity in the business world, whereas tycoon Calvin Harper suffered from a crippling bone disorder that caused him to be mostly a recluse.

Calvin groaned when he saw the latest cover of Fortune 500 magazine.  It showed Alexander Anderson standing next to a giraffe, standing much taller than the animal.  Alex smiles as he feeds the animal.  The main title read, ‘The Next Big Business.’

Calvin called in Franklin Morgan.  Franklin sat across from Calvin.  Calvin couldn’t stand Franklin, but endured the man for his knowledge.  Franklin had been working undercover at the famed Gaea House since its inception.  Calvin knew plenty of things before it hit the media.  He knew about the pregnancy of Alexander Anderson’s wife, Emma.  He also knew about the second wave of growth spurts. He knew about the slow growing pregnant giantesses.  He knew about their telepathy.   He also knew about Steven James, but today, today Franklin Morgan came with some interesting news…

Franklin Morgan was a bottom feeder of a man.  He only thought of himself.  A man of average build and height with an average face.  Everything about Franklin was pretty average, so needless to say the man envied the large people he came in contact with on a daily basis.  Franklin could also be cunning and clever, so when a billionaire approached him about a ‘special project,’ Franklin jumped at the offer.

Vin had chosen which of his techs he trusted enough to be a part of the giants’ top secret project and much to Franklin’s dismay, he wasn’t one of the chosen.  It was probably because Franklin treated the giants more like a science project than people or it was because he looked up his fellow tech, Allison Hayes’ dress after she had grown to gigantic proportions.  Franklin couldn’t pinpoint the reason, but he knew he had to find out what was going on.

Franklin tried to thin out the herd, so to speak on the lab techs working on the project.  Overpowering Allison Hayes was way out of the question.  Vin Gunderson was too high profile and Robin McAllister was a tough old bat that would sooner die than to tell anyone what was going on.  Franklin targeted a middle age balding tech by the name of Oliver Mott.  Oliver was a man afraid of his own shadow.  Franklin could see that he would be the weak link.

Franklin offered to take Oliver out for a drink to celebrate his promotion and of course Oliver being friendless and single was more than happy to go.  Franklin drove him far out into some wooded area and held the poor man at gunpoint.  Needless to say that Oliver sung like the fat lady before Franklin fired the shot.  Franklin had to kill him, Oliver was too weak.  His mind would leak Franklin’s little secret.  Franklin disposed of the body in such an expert way that even if it was discovered, Franklin couldn’t be tracked.  The advantages of being a white coat.

“Get on with it, Morgan.  This visit better be worth it,” Calvin barked.

“Oh, it is, I can guarantee you that,” Franklin smirked.

“It better be.  You know that I’m a busy man.”

“I found out the Gaea Foundation’s biggest secret to date.  Those mega-humans are working on a top secret project.  One of their techs had to meet his end to tell me,” Franklin said, smugly. 

“Tell me, man!”

“They are attempting to grow the children,” Franklin said, giving the bitter and brittle old man an evil smile.

“Good God!  They’re evolving children!  Have they succeeded?”

“Well, they have thirteen subjects all together.  Six of those subjects come from evolved parents.  A couple of poor farmers from Iowa named Aaron and Sally Smith has volunteered all five of their children, but the sixth one is of high interest,” Franklin said as Calvin raised an eyebrow.  Calvin had wanted Franklin to kidnap Melinda James before she became too big to overpower, but Franklin feared the enormous giant she called her husband and delayed his actions too long.  There was no way Franklin was going to try to kidnap a woman that stood more than a head taller than him.

“Whose child is it?”

“Does the name Thomas James ring a bell?” Franklin said, enjoying this sadistic guessing game.

“Good Lord!  That red-headed mega-human’s son!” Calvin declared.  “How has their progress been?”

“Well, six of the thirteen children have taken to the serum with amazing results.  The other seven have taken to it as well, but not like the six,” Franklin said.

“Let me guess which six, the ones whose mothers’ DNA was chosen for this project?”

Franklin nodded.  “All the children are evolving slowly, but those six haven’t shown the virus like illness.  Their bodies have adapted like their mothers’ have.  Of course the younger ones are growing a little more than their usual spurts, but nothing noticeable as of yet,” Franklin said, satisfied with himself.

“Get me the James boy!  We need to study this!” Calvin barked.  Franklin knew not to say anything else or Calvin would send his bodyguard, so Franklin took leave of the old man with ambitions of ruling the world.  That crazy old bat is planning his army.  Franklin thought to himself.

 

Tommy felt small to Melinda.  Lately her growth spurts have become more and more lately.  At seven and a half feet, Melinda felt awkward.  It was getting harder and harder for her to maneuver the small kitchen area.  Even bending over the normal size bathtub to wash Tommy was becoming a chore.  The world has definitely gotten smaller for Melinda James.

Steve watches his wife with sadness in his heart.  Soon Melinda will become too big to be of any help to Tommy, just as he has gotten so big.  Tommy’s growth has been slow, but he is already showing signs of changes.  The boy’s appetite has increased to the point to where he can eat as much as a grown man.  He has been slowly growing out of his age range in height and weight, but Tommy was still the size of a mouse to Steve.

Soon I’ll have my son back to the way he ought to be.  We had to do this.  Steve broadcasted out to his loving wife.

Aaron said the environment is changing.  Today he gives the humans another twenty years until they won’t be able to step foot outside in the daylight without getting some form of cancer.  He also says that some of the plant life is showing signs of changing.  Emma has definitely backed him up on this.  It’s like everything is going back to the Jurassic age except without the dinosaurs.  Melinda broadcasted.

“The new age of man,” Steve mumbled.  “And we are the Adams and Eves only this time we won’t make the mistake of biting into the apple.”

Melinda nodded as she dressed Tommy for bed.  She dressed him in his blue footie pajamas made from the new expanding material, a material made from recycled materials.  She thanked Alex for coming up with it, especially with all the growing going on in Alpha Two.

Steve crouched down as low as he could possibly go.  He put his hand down in front of Tommy.  Tommy laughed and hopped on, he loved it when his oversize father picked him up.

“Wow son, you are getting heavy,” Steve joked with the tot that weighed no more than a feather to him.

“I’m getting big,” Tommy exclaimed with his childish laugh.

“You certainly are,” Steve responded in his whisper of a voice.  Steve takes a mental note of Tommy’s fading freckles and birthmark on his right arm.  Even Tommy’s hair was changing to that blood red color.  Other than that, Tommy looked like a typical three year old to Steve.

“Tomorrow is my birthday,” Tommy announced.

“Oh yeah, you’re going to be four,” Steve said with a warm smile.

“Yeah, Mrs. Robin is taking me to the toy store so I can pick out a new toy.  I think I want a trunk,” Tommy says.

Before we know it, he won’t be playing with toy trucks.  I wonder if Robin has the money for a real truck.  Melinda broadcasted to Steve with a playful smile on her perfect face.  Melinda had grown into the most beautiful woman in Steve’s eyes.  Even down to her baby bump.

“That’s great son,” Steve said.  Tommy began to pout as sadness filled his cherub face.  Steve frowned.  “What’s wrong buddy?” Steve then asked.

“I wish you and Mommy can take me,” Tommy said sadly.  Steve could take him now that he’s out to the world, but Steve can’t enter normal size buildings considering that he is the size of most.  Plus there also entails calling the authorities for escort and all the media that would surround him the moment he stepped foot off of Gaea House property.  Screw the media!  I’ll see if Robin would like to travel by giant.  Steve broadcasted.

It’ll mean the world to him.  I’ll call Vin so he can set up arrangements with the local police. Melinda broadcasted with a small smile.

 

The following day and for the first time in almost a year, Steven James took his first steps outside the chain link fence.  Two police cars in front of him and two behind, all four cars giving Steve enough space to walk comfortably.  The cops marveled at all the giants walking around the Gaea House property until they saw who they were going to escort to the toy store.  They watched as a tall, thin gray haired woman and a redheaded tot just casually stepped on his hand.  The boy appeared no bigger than a mouse in the giant’s hand, but the child just laughed.  This wasn’t the first time the local authorities escorted one of Dr. Gunderson’s giants.

Alexander Anderson made a large donation to the Spartan Falls police with the stipulation that if escort was ever needed, the manpower would be there.  Alex didn’t want any of the giants causing accidents, so whenever any giant wanted to leave the property via the roadways, they could.

Robin got a different view of the world sitting atop a giant’s hand holding a very happy four year old in her lap.  Steve’s handsome face smiled down at them as he walked his normal pace of twenty mile an hour.

When Steve got to the populated area, he followed all the signs and traffic signals.  He had to step carefully over the traffic lights, but he didn’t want to have to be a burden on the humans in their cars with places to go, but traffic stopped anyway for the nearly thirty foot giant.  They all stared up at him in awe.  Steve felt his stomach doing flip-flops.

Robin patted his hand.  “You’re doing good Steve,” Robin said, cheering Steve on.  Robin was well aware of Steve’s social anxieties.  Steve had an uncharacteristic shyness that the other giants didn’t have; it was once a part of his human personality as the nerdish lab tech he once was.  Hard to believe that a living and breathing walking god was once shy and awkward and in some ways, Steve still is.

He made it to the parking lot of the toy store.  Steve dropped Robin and Tommy off at the front door.  Children and their parents coming out of the store stared up at the giant.  Steve gave them a warm yet shy smile.  He tried to hide his face with his long red hair.  Some of the children laughed while a few screamed in terror at the giant standing in the parking lot.  Steve took no offense to the terrorized children.  He could read their thoughts to see that they just didn’t understand.  One little boy yelled, “Giant!”  His mother corrected him and told him that it wasn’t polite to stare.  Steve knew that his mother was all for giant rights because of her recently evolved brother.  “He’s bigger than Uncle Brad,” the little boy exclaimed.  Gaea House helped the newly evolved, but there are a few that would go at it alone and this woman’s brother was one of them.  Gaea Foundation delivered shakes to his barn that was what Steve picked out from the woman’s thoughts.

“I’m sorry about my boy,” The woman looked up at Steve with sincere eyes.

“It’s quite alright, ma’am.  I’ve got one of my own.  He just turned four today and he wanted nothing more than to have his good old dad take him to the toy store,” Steve said, striking up a conversation with the brunette woman.  Steve usually doesn’t speak much, but this woman seemed approachable and sympathetic.

“That was your little boy.  He’s pretty big for a four year old,” the woman said with a smile.  “You must be proud.”

“I am.  His mother couldn’t come so I thought I would, even though I can see the roof of the store from here,” Steve said with a shy smile.

“I’ve seen you on T.V.  You’re the largest man in the world,” the kindly woman said.  Steve smiled at the thought of being called a man again.  “You are much bigger in person.”

“I try not to be,” Steve mumbled.  The woman gave him a sad gaze.

“I’ve offended you.  I’m sorry.  My name is Leah Hester and this is my son Josh.  He just turned four too,” the pretty brunette woman said.

“Steven James and that’s my son Tommy,” Steve said, pointing to his son carrying a large plastic dump truck.  Tommy’s eyes lit up at the sight of coming out of the parking lot to his dad.  Two police officers flaked both sides Tommy and Robin.

“Daddy!”  Tommy yelled as he ran out to Steve.  “Look at what I got!”  Tommy held up the plastic yellow truck.  Steve’s smile got bigger at his son’s excitement.

Steve noticed a considerable size difference between Josh and Tommy.  Tommy looked healthy compared to the normal four year old; he also stood a whole head taller than the other boy.  This was the first realization that the serum was working.  It was hard to gage Tommy’s height to the other children in the project because they were all growing fairly normal to a giant’s eye, but this was the first time the results were truly visible.  Happy Birthday son, you got your wish.  Steve thought to himself.

Reborn by nancyarcher

Leah Hester and her husband Dan had the shock of their lives when Dan’s mentally handicap brother Brad started changing.  It didn’t start out as an illness for Brad who had suffered from a mild form of Downs, but something gradual.  Dan refused to put Brad into a home after losing his parents so many years ago that Leah and him agreed to let Brad come live with them.

Brad was a very gentle soul that Leah accepted as part of the package the day she married Dan.  Brad loved building things and painting pictures, but most of all Brad loved his three year old nephew Josh.  The two would play games and watch Sesame Street together.  Josh never needed an imaginary friend with having his childlike uncle around.

It started with Brad being despondent at first.  Then Leah noticed he took an interest in reading and math.  That all happened before the physical changes in Brad.  Then came the day that Leah and Dan noticed Brad face was starting to change.  Brad's abnormally round face started to take on more of a normal definition.  His tongue stopped protruding so much, even his soulful blue almond shaped eyes starting changing.  Finally Brad's five foot two frame began growing.  Leah then noticed that Brad started looking her five foot five frame straight in the eyes.  Leah became scared.

Dan had heard of the Gaea Foundation and contacted Dr. Vincent Gunderson right away.  Dr. Gunderson came out to the farm to have a look at Brad.  Leah, who had once been a registered nurse, had copies of all of Brad’s medical records at the ready.  Leah quit her job shortly after having Josh and Brad moved into their farm.  Leah will never forget that fateful meeting...

“There is no denying, your bother is evolving Mr. Hester,” said the tall blond doctor.

“I’m becoming like those big people I see on T.V.” Brad said in an almost normal voice.  Without his tongue protruding so much, Brad’s speech has improved greatly.

“Looks that way,” Dr. Gunderson said, giving Brad a warm smile.  “According to your file Brad, you have grown a whole three inches.  Do you feel smarter?”

“I have been reading the dictionary,” Brad said and Vin patted his knee.

“Good, keep it up,” Vin then said.  Vin then looks to Leah and Dan.  “I want to talk to you in private.”

“You run along and go play with Josh,” Leah tells her brother-in-law.  Brad smiles and obeys.

“We need to talk about arrangements,” Vin finally said with Brad out of earshot.

“I’m not putting him in a home,” Dan went to the defense.  The lawyer had heard the same speech time and again regarding his little brother.  It was bad enough hearing about the ‘special clinics,’ let alone having to put Brad away in one, even though Gaea House is different.

“I must keep an eye on him, Mr. Hester.  He is the first case of this kind,” Vin said.  “There are no reports of a disability of Brad’s extent reported.  Of course, there is the woman in California that was wheelchair bound or the Iraq War veteran in Montana that experienced his arm growing back, but not a mental disability.”

“No matter, I’m not putting him away.  Besides we live here in Spartan Falls.  Gaea House is only a short drive away and if it gets to the point he can’t live in the house, we do have a barn that’s only getting used for storage.  I can look into having it converted,” Dan said on the burst of breaking down.  Dan didn’t want to be apart from Brad.  Dan always protected his thirty-one year old brother, even as kids.  Dan got into many fights because of his so-called retarded brother.

“I can send someone out.  We can see what we can do with your barn, Mr. Hester.  Be honest, I don’t know if Brad will adapt too well at Gaea House.  I see that you and your wife take great care of him here.  I can arrange for weekly deliveries of this specially formulated shake that you need to start feeding Brad immediately.  This will help on your food bill considering you may have noticed Brad’s increasing appetite.  Encourage him with his learning.   The newly evolved love learning new things, eventually Brad will be smarter than you or I.  I will make regular visits to see how he’s progressing,” Vin explained, knowing that the Hesters couldn’t part with their beloved family member.  Vin had seen it time and again.  No one wants to put their disabled family member into a facility.

“What about his face?  He is becoming unrecognizable,” Leah said.

“He is losing his disability.  His chromosomes are changing.  His whole physiology is changing.  All the symptoms of Downs will fade as he grows, but his true personality will never really change.  His body will even become stronger and more propionate,” Vin answered.  “Brad will become the person he should have been without the birth defect in his system.  He is going to grow up in more ways than one.”

Dan felt something for his younger brother that day and it was hope.

 

Life at the Hester house went on.  Brad kept on growing and soon was rubbing his head on the eight foot ceilings of the farm house.  His features grew into a boyish, almost angelic face, like that of an angel in a renaissance painting.  His blue eyes sparkled with intelligence.  His curly blond hair was never out of place.  His body became that of a well sculpted man.  Evolution made the once handicapped Brad in a handsome and smart giant.

“Hey there big guy.  We have a present for you,” Leah said, looking up into those almost unrecognizable light blue eyes.  Brad was still there behind those friendly eyes, just a more improved version.  Deep down, Leah missed that lovable teddy bear of a little man in a way, but she loved the new Brad just the same.

“Moving day,” Brad said in an effortless voice.  Leah nodded as she stirred the cookie dough.  Brad put his extremely long arms around her and gave Leah a hug.  Yep, he was still the same Brad despite his oversized and perfect body.  “Thank you for not letting them put me away,” Brad then said in a chocked tone.  The very large man was starting to cry.

“We could never be apart from you, big guy.  You’re family,” Leah said as she turned around and looked up into those soulful eyes.  The shape of them may have changed, but they were still Bradley Hester’s eyes.  Leah stood on her tiptoes and reached up to hold his cheeks.  Hard to believe this handsome creature had been the same sweet Downs man that she had grown to love.  “You will always be our Brad, no matter what happens.  Dan and I could never lock you up.  You understand me,” Leah then said. 

“Better than ever,” Brad said and took one of Leah’s small hands into his.  “You will always be my sister.”  Leah then returned Brad’s hug.

 

Brad loved his new home despite the fact that everything was oversized to him now.  He lived on his brother’s property in a barn made for his growing form.  Brad enjoyed his new sensory experiences.  The telepathy came as a complete shock to the newly reborn Brad.  Then one day out the clear blue, Brad did something that no other giant has done before.  He learned to move objects with his mind.

He was going through his sparsely furnished barn looking for Josh with whom he was playing hide and seek with.  Josh enjoyed it when his mom and dad went out leaving his Uncle Brad to watch over him.  Leah and Dan enjoyed their new independence since Brad had become capable of watching Josh on his own.  Brad never minded watching his nephew so that his hard working brother and sister-in-law could have some alone time.  Brad felt he owed it to them for all the years they helped take care of him.

“Where could he be?” Brad said aloud, playing along with his nephew.  Brad could easily find him now, before the change this was a serious game for him to play.   Now he felt like an adult amusing a child.

“I bet he’s in my cabinet,” Brad said as he opens the door to where he stored his supply of shakes.  No Josh.

“I bet he’s under my bed,” Brad said and just as he thought about it, the twenty-foot bed levitated off the ground revealing a very frightened tot.  Not frightened by the giant, but by the enormous bed floating above him.

Brad reached out for Josh and pulled him out from under before the bed came falling.  It made a loud thud noise.  Brad held the sobbing Josh in his long arms.  Josh felt smaller by the day.  “I didn’t mean to scare you, Josh,” Brad whispered as he soothed the boy.

Then Brad did something he had never attempted, he used his telepathy to contact his giantess doctor, Allison Hayes.  She wasn’t really a legal practicing doctor in the humans eyes, but the giants all thought of her as one.  Ally took a special interest in her very special patient and told Brad to use his abilities to contact her whenever he felt the need.

Dr. Hayes, it’s me, Bradley Hester.  I think I just learned something new.  Brad transmitted out.

You learn something new every day, Brad.  It’s a part of who you are.  What have you learned?  Brad heard the calm voice of Allison Hayes in his thoughts.

Is moving objects with your mind new?  Brad transmitted back.  Despite his newfound intelligence, Brad was still a little childlike in so many ways.

Very new.  No other giant has that ability.  Did anyone else witness this?  Allison’s thought came back.

Just a very scared little boy.  I’m hoping he can go beyond this experience.  I’d hate to have my nephew hating me. Brad transmitted back.

I’ll make sure Dr. Gunderson knows about this; in the meantime work on learning it.  Talk to you tomorrow at our next appointment.  Josh should be perfectly alright. Allison transmitted back.

 

Josh turned four and Brad was now twelve feet tall.  It was hard for Ally and Vin to make an educated guess as to how tall Brad will become.  The Downs Syndrome had stunted his original growth making it impossible to tell.  Allison Hayes and Dr. Vincent Gunderson stay at the Hester farm that day to celebrate a very special little boy’s birthday.

“How’s everything at Gaea House?” Brad asked Ally.  Brad had only been to the facility a few times since his change.  Leah had spoken with the facilities advocate a handful of times on the phone, but had never met the mysterious, Steven James.

“It’s going good.  Maybe Vin came arrange for you to come some day?” Allison says.

“I don’t want to leave here, but maybe I’ll come visit,” Brad responded.  Allison knew that Brad was shy, maybe even shyer than the colossus living in Alpha Two hangar.

“You’re welcome anytime, Brad.  You know our door is always open,” Vin said.

 

Two days later, Leah took Josh to the toy store for his birthday treat.  Josh jumped up and down the aisles looking for that toy car he wanted.  Leah went to pay for it and just as they were walking out, a tall gray hair woman and a little red-headed boy came walking in.  The boy must’ve been about five or six.  Two Spartan Falls police officers escorted them in.  The little boy seemed very disciplined and calm as he walked over to the toy trucks.  Then Leah heard the commotion from the parking lot.

People craning their necks to look up at the sky.  Leah didn’t understand what they were looking at until she was fully out of the store.  She saw at the back of the parking lot stood a giant bigger than the generic box store building.  Bare feet and wearing what looked like the typical scrub outfit that most giants wore.  Blood red hair trailing past his shoulders as he shyly smiled down at the crowd.

Leah felt sorry for the creature as people looked at him as if he were some sideshow freak.  The giant appeared backwards and a little frightened, almost as if he was using the gorgeous red hair to hide his very handsome face behind.  The giant put her in mind of the one living in the barn behind their house.  Then Josh didn’t help when he opened his mouth and pointed out the obvious.

Leah approached the giant without fear.  She knew that someday she would be looking upon Brad the same way.   She apologized for her son’s rude behavior, but the giant seemed a little amused.  Then she recognized his face, it was Steven James.  Then that familiar voice spoke that she had heard on her telephone before.  Steven James was the most perfect creature she had ever seen, even Brad’s new beauty paled in comparison.  Then Leah felt she offended him.  She didn’t like it when anyone spoke ill of Brad or made crude comments about him, so she quickly apologized for her rude behavior.  Leah then thought that she better introduce herself and Steven did the same.  Then the giant surprised her with an unusual comment.

“Tell Brad he is welcome anytime.  I’ve heard so much about him from my good friend Ally.  I’d like to meet him,” The giant looked down at her with his clear green eyes and a warm smile.

“I’ll see if I can drag him away from his barn long enough,” Leah said and Steve laughed.  Then Leah watched as the giant began his walk back to Gaea House, holding an oversized four-year old and the nice gray haired woman that Leah has met before.  Leah liked Robin McAllister in the few time they met in passing. 

Field Trip by nancyarcher

Brad smiled when he saw the big rig pull up the drive.  The truck had the Gaea House logo on the side of a goddess holding out her hands.  This will be the first in a long time since Brad has left the farm and he was excited.

“Whoa, big guy, easy now, they’re not going to leave without you,” Dan told his fifteen foot brother. 

“I can’t wait to see the other giants,” Brad said to his little big brother.  Brad still had innocence about him even though his intelligence exceeded that of the humans that spent so many years taking care of him.

“I know you can’t.  You have every reason to be excited,” Dan said patting his standing brother on the knee.

“I wish Josh could come with us,” Brad then said with a long look.  “All he talks about is that day at the toy store and the big kid that was his age.”

“I know, but Mr. James wants to meet you Brad.  He wants to see what an extraordinary person you become,” Leah said with a kind smile.

Dan and Leah Hester still sort of treated Brad like the oversized child he once was.  Leah felt like a mother to the oversized man for so many years that habits have become hard to break.  “Do you have your gift ready?” Leah asks Brad.

“Yes, I hope he likes it,” Brad said looking down at the five foot by five foot canvas of his latest masterpiece.  What was once stick people and childlike drawings have now become perfectly painted landscapes and portraits under Brad’s new hands.

“He will,” Leah said as she motioned for Brad to stoop down to her level.  Brad bent down with graceful flexibility that all the giants possess.  Leah kissed his check in that caste motherly way of hers.  “You be good and say hello to Mr. James for me,” Leah then said, patting his cheek.

“I will, Leah,” Brad said as he scooped her up into a hug.   Leah laughed as she tried to put her arms around him as best she could.  “You be good too or Josh will let me know if you’re not,” Brad then said, putting her gently back down, giving her a playful smile.  Then Brad bent down and playfully messed up Josh’s hair with his enormous fingertips.  Brad had always been able to be delicate, even when he had Downs.  Now, the Downs has all faded from Brad’s chromosomes.  Brad was now normal.

“Come on Brad,” Dan said as they walked out of his barn home.  Dan help Brad crawl into the back of the rig and then followed in after.  He waved to Leah and Josh before going into the trailer.  Leah didn’t know what to do with herself now since her adopted second son slash brother-in-law was on his first day out in a long time.

 

Dan had a hard time getting his bashful brother out of the trailer.  Brad can do complicated math problems, read every classic piece of literature there is and even knows all the classical musicians, but sometimes parts of Brad’s old ways have a tendency to show up.  Brad was still childlike in a lot of ways despite all his new knowledge.

“What’s wrong, big guy?”  Dan asks the gentle giant that is his brother.

“What if they don’t like me?”  Brad asks, looking down at him with his innocent eyes.

“They’re going to love you, Brad.  This is not like when you were human,” Dan says.  Brad had spent many nights recently talking to his brother about what he calls his ‘past life’ as a mentally retarded man.  Brad still cried over the treatment he received from strangers over his condition.  Even Dan would shed a few tears when no one was around.  It broke his heart to see his little brother like this; it reminded Dan of how fragile of a soul Brad is.

Allison Hayes came out of the main building of the complex.  She ‘heard’ Dan’s thoughts as he was trying to coax his little brother out of the trailer.  She looks at Brad with her sad doe eyes.  No one is going to hurt you anymore.  I won’t allow that and neither will Steve after you meet him.  You know that Dr. Gunderson wouldn’t hurt you either.  We are all good people here, Brad.  We wouldn’t have even made fun of you if you were still human.  In fact, we would’ve loved that Brad just as much.  Allison transmitted and held out her hand to the shy giant.  Brad took her hand which felt normal to him.  Nothing has felt normal to him in a long time ever since he started growing.

“That’s it, Brad.  You’re safe here.  We don’t judge,” Allison said in a calm and caring tone.  Brad stood up next to the taller giantess.  She looks down at him with sympathetic eyes.  Brad’s angelic face looked up at her and smiled.  This was what Brad looked like without the deformities his old condition caused.  Brad was truly handsome.  Allison couldn’t deny his beauty.  She had fallen in love with this creature and his innocent ways and Brad had felt something for Allison too, but he didn’t know what these feelings were.  They were adult feelings that the normally childlike Brad wasn’t aware of.

Allison’s fiancée broke off the engagement after Allison came out to him about her new condition.  Harold Harper couldn’t imagine his life with a giantess, even one as beautiful as Allison.  He found the newly evolved to be a hideous bunch of oversized monsters.  When he found out that his fiancée joined their ranks, Harry hit the roof with rage.  He went out on a massive drinking binge and picked up whatever normal women were left out there.  It was slim pickings for Harry as most of the good ones have changed.

“Mr. James wants to talk to your brother first and then he would like to meet you,” Allison tells Brad.  Brad nodded. 

Allison took Brad leaving Dan standing next to the trailer.  Then a very tall red headed woman came out to greet Dan.  The woman stood close to eight feet tall and appeared pregnant.  She introduced herself as Melinda James.  Dan guessed her to be the artsy type with her faded and stretched out tattoos.  Dan could barely make out the bluebirds with a heart that had what looked to be the name Tommy inside the heart.  Very unusual way for a tattoo to fade Dan thought to himself.  After dealing with putting criminals away, Dan knew a thing or two about tattoos and Melinda’s were like none he had ever seen before.

Melinda led Dan up a flight of steps.  Melinda took two steps at a time as she climbed up.  She did this comfortably because of her longer than average legs.

“Steven insisted he meet with you first since Brad is a very special case.  He feels that we need to ease Brad into his first encounter with him.  Steve can be very intimidating to people at first, but please don’t feel that way.  You’ll find that my husband can be a lot like your brother, Mr. Hester,” Melinda said, giving the six foot two Dan a smile.  Melinda opened the door for Dan.  The door led out to a balcony.

Dan took a seat in one of the chairs.  He wasn’t afraid of the giant that sat at his desk across from him.  In fact, Dan could see exactly what Melinda was taking about.

Steven James was a big as the building that housed Dan’s law practice.  He had a face that would make Zeus envious and clear green eyes, but that’s not what got Dan attention.  What got Dan’s attention were the loud contant thuds.  Dan couldn’t see it, but Dan knew that Steven James, the largest giant in the world, was nervously shaking his leg.  This caused Dan to smile.

The Reluctant Giants by nancyarcher

“Mr. Hester, so nice to meet you, Steven James,” the red-headed giant said.

“Dan Hester, the pleasure is mine.  You wanted to talk to me?”

“Yes, I hear you have an extraordinary brother.  I was wondering if you can tell me anything that I need to know before meeting him.  I know the psychiatrist has been out to see him and according to the reports I have, it says that Brad is intelligent yet very childlike.  Is there anything you can tell me about Brad’s life before his change,” Steve said, looking at the dirty blond haired man.

“Well Mr. James, Brad has lived a very sad life.  I grew up in a family of privilege and Brad didn’t fit into their mold of the perfect son.  My selfish parents had him put in a home where one of the aides abused him daily.  Of course Brad would act like nothing was wrong on the very few occasions we would go to visit, but I always suspected something was off.  He always had bruises and bumps.  Mom would tell him to quit being so clumsy all the time.  When I got my driver’s license, I would visit him every weekend.  The home was a good two hours away from where we lived.  Then when I went to law school, I called him every weekend.  I really bonded with Brad.  I even tried to get our parents to pull him out of that horrid place, but they wouldn’t hear it.  Brad was the Hester family’s dirty little secret.

Five years ago, my parents died in a car accident.  According to the will, I was the sole benefactor of their estate and Brad’s legal guardian.  I had just bought the farm then, because Leah and I like horseback riding, although we never did get around to purchasing horses, a good thing now that I think about it.  We both had a long discussion about Brad because I knew that Leah wanted kids.  We both agreed that the home was no good for him and I brought him to come live with us.  The doctors always told me that Brad should be in a facility and that Leah and I can’t take care of him and a child, but we refused to listen.  The nightmares were awful that first year, but Brad fell into a routine and loved living out at the farm.  He was never a handful and never acted up like the home said he always did.

Then came our son, Josh.  We prepared for the worst but Brad loved that baby.  He was never jealous of him.  He was a little curious at first of course, but never jealous.  Brad kind of grew up with my son.  He has made a lot of progress in the last five years, but socially it’s a different story.  Brad is always afraid that people don’t like him and now that he is as close to normal as he will ever be, he still has that same mindset,” Dan explained.  While Dan spoke, pictures of Dan’s past played through Steve’s head like that of a home movie.  Steve even had a mental picture of the aide Dan suspected was abusing Brad.

Dan noticed that the giant before him was weeping.  Dan knew about the telepathy.  He suspected that the giant known as Steven James was feeling his every emotion.   Steve pulled out what looked like a bed sheet and wiped the tears from his eyes.  Dan just stood there in silence until the giant put himself to rights.

“Your telepathy is strong,” Dan commented.

“Yes it is.  The bigger we grow, the more magnified everything becomes.  We each have a talent that is stronger than any of the others.  Mine happens to be telepathy just as Brad is telekinetic which happens to be an ability that no other giant possess.  Brad is very unique,” Steve said.

“He also has a playful streak.  Allison told him to practice his ability, which he does.  One day, my neighbor caught Brad levitating his cows.  It’s a good thing that I’m best friends with the guy because he got a kick out of it too, but I had to punish Brad for it.  Do you know how hard it is disciplining someone over twice your height and intelligence?  Brad took it like the kind soul he is.  Right now, my best friend and I are coming up with a coalition for giant rights.  He’s been touched by Brad, like everyone else who gets to know him.  If my parents could see their black sheep now.  Leah and I call him our swan,” Dan said.  Steve felt the love that Dan spoke of.

“How do you think he’ll take me?” Steve asks.

“I hear that you are a bit of a shy one yourself, Mr. James.  I’ve heard that you were a white coat in your ‘past life.’   Now you take care of being the giants advocate even though your anxieties are still there.  I think Brad will look to you as a kindred soul even though you were never like him in your ‘past life.’  Brad will be backwards at first, he always is, but if you show him one ounce of kindness, he’ll give you a ton.  He doesn’t really look at differences; he never has, even well before the change.  Brad has a way of looking into your soul,” Dan said, giving Steve a warm smile.  Dan, Leah, and Josh Hester were the first humans who treated Steve normal upon first meeting him.  Steve now understood why.

Allison Hayes comes into Steve’s office as if reading his mind.  She gently held Brad’s hand as they entered.  The curly blond giant with the angelic face hung his head low and slouched.  Hello Brad.  Do you know who I am?  Steve transmitted to him.

That very big giant Josh told me about.  Your name is Steven.  Brad transmitted back.  His voice sounded shy in Steve’s thought.  Steve smiled when he heard.  I hope he likes me.

“Brad, I could never hate you.  None of us here could ever hate you.  You are with friends here,” Steve said in a warm tone.  Brad looked up and smiled.  He held a square package under his arm.  He put it on Steve’s desk.

“I made you a present.  I hope you like it,” Brad said shyly.  Brad looked up at Steve.  He didn’t see Steven James’ newfound beauty but that of what Dan told Steve, a kindred soul who was shy like him and afraid of people like him.  Steve opened the wrapping to find a picture of a giantess.  “It’s Rhea, the mother of all gods.  I hope you like it.”

“It’s perfect, Brad.  I’ll hang it in my office,” Steve said, studying the painting that could put the great masters to shame.  Each brush stroke rendered perfect on the porcelain skin of the dark haired goddess.

“It’s hard painting when you’re growing.  Leah had to get me bigger paint brushes.  I had to paint it with brushes used to paint walls and then the canvas got smaller every day.  Everything gets smaller every day, even Dan.  He used to be bigger than me and now I’m way bigger than him,” Brad said, showing signs of that man child he once was.  His I.Q. has grown, but not who he is.  “Will I ever stop getting bigger?”

“Everybody that has evolved, changes in different ways, Brad.  We have determined you stop growing when you are five times originally what you were, but in your case, we can’t tell,” Steve said, feeling his pain.  The people and giants of Gaea House nicknamed Steve the reluctant giant.  Even his best friend Alex jokes with him about it.  Now Steve can see that he is not the only reluctant giant.

“It’s because of the Downs,” Brad said, not making it a question.

“Yes, your growth was stunted as all people with Downs are.  For all we know, you might be bigger than even Steve,” Ally said.

“That makes sense, but what if I don’t want to be big?” Brad asks.

“I’ll be here to help you, Brad.  You can come to Gaea House anytime you like.  We can talk,” Steve said, looking down at Brad with a sympathetic smile.  “You’ll find it isn’t so bad being big.”

“You would know,” Brad said with a playful smile.  Brad felt that he made a new friend that day.

 

Steve went back to Alpha Two hangar with a smile on his face.  He did find a kindred soul in Brad.  Extremely smart yet very childlike describes Bradley Hester.  To Steve, Brad was like one of his blank canvases, it was a good thing that he ended up having Dan and Leah to care for him.  Who knows what Brad would have ended up being if he evolved in the abusive environment her grew up in.

When Steve walked in, he was attacked by Tommy who is now the size of the average eight year old boy, still mouse sized to Steve.

“Daddy!  I’m getting bigger and smarter,” Tommy said in a clear voice.

“That’s great son,” Steve said as he scooped up his boy.

“Mommy said I don’t feel so small,” Tommy announced.  All the Gaea House children are developing as they should.  Tommy still looked like he was four but almost twice as big. 

Little did the James family know that Tommy has been being watched.  Franklin Morgan has watched the tot from a safe distance.  Franklin learned how to block out his thoughts.  It was only a matter of time for Franklin to catch Tommy outside alone.  With the serum working its magic, Franklin knew his widow of opportunity is short.  The growth is happening quicker than expected and Franklin didn’t want to fight with a tot his own height.  Surely Harper would send out his assassins on him if he failed this mission.

If only Franklin knew about Brad and his disorder, but Franklin will never find out.  He’s too involved with unlocking the secrets of the serum.  That crazy old goat Calvin Harper probably plans on using it on himself…

 

“I’m glad that Mr. James liked you, Brad,” Leah said to her oversized brother-in-law.  Leah came out to the barn to make sure Brad was getting feed.  She knew he could take care of himself, but Leah still felt responsible for him.  She made him two roast and steamed vegetables.  Leah didn’t mind cooking for two large families to feed her favorite brother-in-law.

Dan worked at the oversized kitchen table.  He sorted through papers and was in the middle of reading the new laws on giants that congress was trying to pass.  Dan had been to Washington to join the protestors.  The registration laws seemed very unconstitutional to Dan.  They wouldn’t allow his brother his freedom and worst of all; he wouldn’t be allowed to live on the farm.

“I need to call Carl,” Dan mumbled to himself and picked up his cell.

I’m not going to allow those assholes to tear my family apart.  Brad belongs here with us.  He’s going through ‘treatment.’  Brad can function better than most adults.  Brad overheard his brother’s thoughts.  Dan jumped off the oversized chair and walked out of the barn.

“He’s working too hard,” Brad said with a sigh.  “I should get a job so that I can help.”

“You have a job, Brad.  Carl says you have been a big help with taking care of his cows,” Leah said.

“I need to do more.  Carl pays me what he can and I’m grateful he has kept me on even if I’m a monster now,” Brad said with tears in his eyes.

“You’re not a monster.  You’re big, but you’re not a monster.  You’re my swan,” Leah said.  “I am not going to allow you to talk nonsense, you hear me.  Dan and I love you.  Josh loves you.  Don’t you ever call yourself a monster,” Leah said, wishing Brad was huggable size again.  It was very hard to soothe a giant almost three times your size.

Brad sat down at the table and wept.  Leah patted his knee.  “I am so big and only getting bigger.  I hate that they don’t know how big I’m going to get,” Brad sobbed.  Leah handed Brad a clean bath towel which he used to wash and dry his dishes.  Brad took it from his child sized sister-in-law and wiped the tears.  “I don’t want to outgrow my home.”

“We won’t let you, Brad.  You’ll always be welcomed to stay here and you know it,” Leah said and then Brad did something unexpected.  He picked Leah up like she was a toddler and gave her a hug.  Leah felt helpless for a moment until she realized that Brad wouldn’t do anything to hurt her.  He may have been big, but he was very gentle.

“Thank you,” he whispered as he still held Leah close.  Leah patted his shoulder.

“You’re my little brother too, Brad.  You know that Dan and I won’t let anyone harm you in any way,” Leah said, giving Brad a warm smile.  “No matter how big you get, we’ll always protect you.”

Brad looked at her with those soulful blue eyes of his.  Leah stood on his lap.  Brad may have been three times taller and bigger than he once was, but he was still the same person inside.  His face now had structure to it.  Normal shaped eyes and mouth.  Brad now had a cleft chin and high cheekbones.  Masculine yet boyish face that you would see in magazine ads.  A perfect face hid under the round and deformed face caused from the Downs, but that five foot two little man still lived somewhere in this perfect creature and he lingered in Brad’s gaze and personality.  No, Leah could never hate Brad.  Even the perfect godlike Brad.

The Big Secret by nancyarcher

In a matter of minutes, Brad had read all the documents his brother left on his kitchen table.  What takes average man days to read and comprehend, a giant can do in a matter of minutes.  It was an internet copy of the new giant laws being proposed by congress.  Brad didn’t like what he had read.  According to one of the paragraphs, Dan and Leah could get into serious trouble by having Brad anywhere near Josh.  Another paragraph required him to register and change his status from human to giant which in turn would take his rights away as a citizen.  Brad’s mind was not as simple as it once was and he didn’t like this one bit.  He knew that the president was a giant sympathizer, but that didn’t matter.

The following day, Brad enjoyed a beautiful day outside with Josh.  As like the morning before, his world had gotten smaller as the growth spurts became more and more frequent.  Leah guessed he had grown a full foot in his sleep that night, which brought him close to being sixteen feet.  Josh and Brad played hide and seek and of course Josh was winning.

Brad passed by Dan and Leah’s second floor office.  Leah had every widow open in the house.  Brad’s keen eyesight spotted the weekly bills and budget.  He opened the window screen and reached in to grab the small pieces of paper.  It was Leah’s food budget and a bank statement.  Brad sighed.  He didn’t like what he saw there either.  Dan and Leah were on the verge of going in debt despite the weekly deliveries from Gaea House and the trust fund set up for his care.  Of course, the trust fund was to pay the expenses of the facility Brad once stayed at.  The little sum of money Carl paid Brad barely covered a fourth of his food bill.  Brad was literally eating his brother and sister-in-law out of house and home.  Brad made a decision.  Tonight after everyone was in bed, Brad was going to run away.

Brad didn’t want to be a burden on his brother any longer.  He could contact Steven at Gaea House for a place to stay, but he didn’t want to be a burden there either.  Gaea House had plenty of giants already living there, Brad didn’t want to intrude.

 

Tonight is the night Franklin Morgan is going to make his move.  He had a syringe of sedatives and plenty of rope.  Thomas James is going to be his.  Franklin knew every inch of the Gaea House property, even the private hangars that housed the resident giants.  He had to act fast.  A van idles behind Alpha Two and Thomas James is playing outside on his play set.  Dr. Gunderson didn’t want the children out where people could see them, not after the toy store affair where Tommy’s size was pointed out.  Even though the growth was supposed to be gradual, something different happened instead, the growth came quicker than expected. 

Thomas James went from having the intelligence of a four year old to that of a high school senior.  The last time Franklin saw him, he was the size of an eight year old and now he is the size of a ten year old in only the matter of a few hours.  Still small enough for Franklin to overpower which he did.

Franklin injected Tommy with the syringe and tied him up.  He put Tommy in the back of the van and drove off Gaea property.

Franklin quickly got as many samples as he could from the oversized sedated child.  He put them in an envelope and gave them to a man in a black car before driving farther down the road.  No words were ever exchanged.  If Franklin didn’t make it out alive, there was always the backup plan.  Calvin Harper made sure of that.

 

Melinda felt that something was wrong, that a part of her was missing.  Ever since her growth, Melinda has had a strange attachment to all the people she loves.  Standing at nearly ten feet tall that feeling got stronger the more she grew.  She decided to go check on Tommy.

She saw that he wasn’t outside playing on his play set, so she decided to call for him.  Tommy wasn’t responding.  She then reached out her thoughts to him and nothing.  Melinda was starting to get scared so she reached her thoughts out to Steve.

That bastard Morgan just went M.I.A. at the lab.  I bet he has Tommy.  I’ll see if I can get Caroline to track him down.  Steve’s words flooded Melinda’s mind.  Steve thought of Caroline’s newfound uncanny abilities to track things down.  The secretary that was once responsible for keeping one of the most influential CEOs in the country organized and up to speed now has the uncanny abilities to track people and things through her enhanced senses.  Melinda couldn’t quite picture the very beautiful woman sniffing the air for odors but that is exactly what she did.

Caroline Honeywell tracked the van’s fumes heading in the direction of the Hester farm.  Steve had an idea…

Brad was sitting at his kitchen table writing out a letter on the kind of paper they wrap meat with at a butcher shop.  Something made the hairs on his neck stand up.  Steven James’ voice came through loud and clear.  The very large giant was calling for help and he wanted Brad’s help.  Brad got mental pictures of a black van being driven by an average looking man with dark hair and eyes.  The man almost looked rat like and then he got the mental picture of a red-headed little boy the same age as Josh, only bigger.  Brad waded up the piece of paper and threw it away and he then went out into the night…

Dan and Leah Hester lay in their bed reading, a nightly ritual, Dan a Time magazine and Leah the latest romance novel.  All seemed pretty quiet until they heard the pounding of Brad’s footsteps outside.  Dan got up to see what was going on.  Brad barely slept some nights, worrying about whether he would get any bigger or not.  Dan got the surprise of his life when he saw Brad running out of his barn and into the night.  Dan didn’t waste any time slipping into his robe and grabbing the car keys.  He needed to know what was going on.

Dan hoped into his Beemer and followed the direction his brother was going.  He caught up to Brad on the deserted country road but Brad seemed to ignore him.  Then Dan saw the headlights of a van through Brad’s long legs.  The van was going to just barrel on through Brad at full speed, but Brad thought fast and levitated the van.  Brad had to be careful of the precious cargo.  He knew why the child was so big; Steve communicated everything to Brad with the telepathy.  Brad disabled the engine of the vehicle and opened the driver’s side door.  Dan got out of his car and watched on as his brother pulled the man out of the van.

“Why are you kidnapping an innocent child?” Brad asked the frightened man.

“That child isn’t innocent, he’s an abomination!  They’re all abominations!  Especially your kind,” Franklin Morgan spit out.

“If you’re not going to tell me, I have other ways of picking it out of your brain.  Tell me, who are you working for?” Brad said in his normal loud tone. 

Dan just stood there and watched.  He never thought he would ever see this side of Brad.  Assertive and frightening is what would describe the oversized man in the middle of the road.  Brad held the man by the collar of his shirt.  The horrid little man shook with fear as Brad’s normally soulful eyes squinted in disgust.

“Tell me you piece of shit,” Brad said even louder.  Dan was shocked by his little brother’s profanity.  Then Dan decided he better check the van that Brad gently brought to the ground shortly after grabbing the man out of the driver’s seat.  Dan opened the back of the vehicle and was struck by the sight of a red-headed child that looked to be about his own son’s age, but Dan stood there for a moment, shocked by the sight of this child that was waking from his drug induced stupor. 

Tommy had grown tight in the bonds.  The boy was now roughly the size of a twelve year old with the body and features of the four year old he actually is.  He moaned through the tight gag at the man.  He wanted out, but most of all, he wanted his daddy.

Dan heard the loud footsteps getting closer; he didn’t run in fright but stayed by the van.  Brad just stood there with the man in his grasp; the look of concentration filled his normally angelic features.  Then a large man came crashing through the trees on the side of the road.  It was the giant, Steven James.  Dan took out his pocket knife and jumped into the back of the van.

“Tommy,” the larger read-headed giant said, ignoring the smaller giant with the man.  Steve got down on his hands and knees to look inside the van.

“Daddy,” Tommy said.  Dan cut off the gag first and was working on the ropes.

“Impossible,” Franklin muttered when he heard the child’s voice.  “He had the right dose.  That boy shouldn’t be awake.”  Brad still held him, but kept concentrating on Franklin’s thoughts.

“Calvin Harper,” Brad mumbled.  “He wants the serum.  He is not going to get it.”

Dan cut the bonds slowly as Steve watched, unable to help his son.  Sadness filled his green eyes as the kindly lawyer freed his son.

“I take it that this is your son,” Dan said, cutting to free the impossibly long four year old’s legs.

“Yes he is.  He’s been subjected to our secret project,” Steve said, feeling that Dan had a right to know.  “If you come with us back to Gaea House, I can explain.”

“You’re doing this to your children?” Dan said, looking at the impossibly large four year old.

“They had no choice,” Brad said, still holding the man like a rag doll.  Just then Dan realizes just how scary these giants can get.  “Please go with Mr. James, Dan.  There is good reasoning behind this.”

Then came two more giants out of the trees, a male and a female, the male stood slightly taller than Steven.  He had tied back black hair and dark blue eyes.  The woman had brown hair and brown eyes, both giants are fully evolved into their new heights.  “Our new friends from North Carolina,” Steve announced.  “This is Adam and Molly.  Adam will take Mr. Morgan.  Adam used to be a cop in his ‘past life.”

The one called Molly held a cage where Adam firmly dropped Franklin in, freeing up Brad.  “The military just brought them to us after they requested a transfer from their old ‘clinic.’  Adam has the gift of detect lies while Molly knows mind manipulation, which is not a gift she is proud of,” Steve said, trying to show Dan that he trust him.

Dan helped the very large boy out of the van.  Tommy ran to Steve, where Steve scooped him up into his large had.  He checked his son over despite the darkness.  Steve had another ability that all giants possess, he can see clearly in the dark.  Steve didn’t like the red marks on Tommy’s skin where he grew in his bonds.

“Daddy, that bad man tried to take me,” Tommy said.  “But I didn’t panic.”

“Are you okay?” Steve asks the boy.  “Do you hurt?”  Tommy nodded, feeling the stings of the too tight ropes.  Steve frowned.  From the headlights of the van and car, Dan could see that Steve was a very concerned and upset father.  The giant handled his boy like a little butterfly.  “I’m just glad you’re safe,” Steve whispered and put his other hand around the boy in a giant’s hug.  Dan could see the reasoning behind Steve’s heartbroken gaze.

Growing Problems by nancyarcher

Dan drove to Gaea House, he was curious to find out the giant’s secret. That little boy was so big, it wasn’t normal. The little boy made him feel small. Dan’s cell rang and he answered it.
“Dan, is everything okay out there?” Leah’s voice asked.
“Yes, there was a problem at Gaea House; I’m heading there right now. Mr. James wants to explain something important,” Dan answered his wife.
“Dan…” Leah wanted to say something but lost her words.
“What’s wrong, honey?”
“I’m feeling ill. It’s the symptoms,” Leah said. Dan went silent.
“I’ll be home as soon as I can. I’ll let Mr. James know,” was all that Dan could manage to say.
“I love you, honey,” Leah said.
“I love you too. I’ll be home soon,” Dan said.
Dan pulled into the Gaea property. What were once two old abandoned hangars was now a large complex and three more hangars and two barns, a small community for the giants. Steve directed him to the complex after giving Tommy to the ten foot plus Melinda. Dan couldn’t believe how fast the giants grow once the illness take over. The longer the illness is in the system, the quicker the giants seem to grow. This thought made Dan sad because two of the three people he loves are going to make him feel like a doll.
Dan got out of his car, Steve did something that he didn’t do often, and he offered his hand to the diminutive man. Steve remembered his high school days when the jocks would stuff him into his locker and how he hated it when they would pick him up which was the reason Steve didn’t like picking up people he barely knew. Dan hopped on without hesitation.
Steve took Dan to his office and sat him on his desk. Steve picked up that Dan was deep in his thoughts. Dan looks up at the giant with tears in his eyes.
“Leah just called me. She’s sick,” Dan said.
“Oh Dan, I am so sorry. I’ll send out one of the techs to pick her up,” Steve said.
“I have no money to pay you. You’ve done so much for Brad already and I don’t know if I’ll ever repay you,” Dan sobbed. Steve wasn’t sure if he should but he put his hand around Dan like he did with Tommy or Melinda in his version of a comforting hug.
“I don’t need your money. Soon money won’t mean a thing to anybody,” said the giant entering the office. The giant was so tall that he had to duck to enter the office. This giant made Steve look small and he had the face of a god with gorgeous blue eyes. “My name is Alex Anderson and I am one of the founding members of Gaea House.”
“Alexander Anderson? One of the first giants? I’ve read about you,” Dan said, staring up at the giant in awe. “I’ve read that you have taken up giant causes and that you have given away almost all your fortune to The Gaea Foundation.”
“One and the same,” the titanic giant said with a charming smile. “What am I going to do with sports cars and Italian suits anyway? Steve wanted to tell you about Operation Titan. It is important that you not breathe a word of this to the outside world, we are already being watched by critics and the last thing we need is the plug pulled on this.”
“Operation Titan?” Dan questioned and the giants looked to one another. Dan knew of the giant’s silent communications, he had witnessed this before.
“It’s a top secret project we came up with here at the main Gaea House. It came about after Aaron Smith; our resident farmer took up studying plants and the environment. His findings are very alarming for the human race and the reason we feel this whole evolution thing came about,” Steve said, looking down at the man sitting on his desk.
“The human race doesn’t have much time left according to these findings. Global warming is taking over the planet much quicker than reported. The atmosphere is becoming warmer by the day and the effects are irreversible. Aaron has found that plant biology is changing. Natural plants that haven’t been created by the hands of man are changing. They are becoming bigger and much sturdier than before. Some heirloom vegetable plants have outgrown hybrids in our test gardens recently. Even the sun is changing. Our findings are very bleak for the humans on this planet,” Alex said with a sad look in his eyes.
“We worry about our children. According to our findings the atmosphere is becoming like it was in the Jurassic age. The air is becoming thinner and everything is slowly changing except for us. Dr. Gunderson himself has recently fallen ill. There are very few humans left in the age ranges this evolution has taken effect. Dr. Gunderson is keeping his condition under wraps at the moment, but he still works on Operation Titan. Operation Titan is very important to us,” Steve said.
“What is Operation Titan? Does it have to do with your abnormally large child?” Dan asks.
“Yes it does. We have unlocked the right formula to cause change. We have never tried it on an adult subject but the serum works on all subjects that haven’t evolved. We are unsure of the final results yet but we have had great success with our thirteen subjects including my son. We have only given them enough for their DNA to change into ours which it has. We only plan on offering it to people that have evolved with children still in their care. We don’t plan on taking it to the schools and having ‘mandatory vaccination’ with it,” Steve said.
“This is madness! What if it gets into the wrong hands? What happens then?” Dan says. Steve looks over at the small pile of toys on his desk as sadness fills his green eyes. He fumbles to pick up the small plastic dump truck between his thumb and index finger, the truck breaks. Steve frowns.
“I think the world of my son, Mr. Hester. I loved it when I would come home from a long trip in some traveling lab and the first thing I would get when I would come home was a hug from my son. The warmth of his little embrace meant the world to me. The hours of playing with him and his toy cars, I wouldn’t trade for the world. Now his toy cars barely fit between my fingers and Tommy is the size of a mouse to me. I don’t care about all the material things that I’ve lost by becoming this different person, but losing Tommy is something that I can’t live with. You will have the same dilemma someday, maybe even now. What would you do to save your son’s life?” Steve said as he pulled out another bed sheet.
“Honestly, I would more than likely do the same thing,” Dan said and patted Steve’s hand. Steve gave him a small smile. “In fact, with Leah changing, maybe this is something we need to discuss for Josh.”
“Maybe, but discuss this with your wife first. This is not an easy decision,” Steve said.

Calvin Harper sat in his mansion high atop a mountain. The feeble man with a bone breaking disorder cheered success when one of his lab techs broke the code to the serum using the sample that Morgan had left behind. The lab tech came into the grand ballroom of the old mansion.
“Sir, I think I have it,” said the shaky man. Roderick Cowell was a desperate man. He lost his credibility after the science community discovered his ‘experiments.’ Roderick had a sick fascination with mutations. He was the perfect fit for Calvin’s new venture, himself. Roderick held the syringe with the blue fluid.
“Good! We have no time to test it on a subject. I shall be your test subject,” Calvin said with a smirk. Calvin was going to grow or die. The old man had his heart set on becoming the first of his line of giants. He knew that evolving humans the world over were cured of their conditions.
“Are you sure?”
“Don’t question me! Just do it,” Calvin shouted.
With a shaky hand, Roderick injected the serum into the old man’s arm; even the unsavory scientist questioned his actions.
“No one else is to be injected until I say so. You got that, Roddy,” Calvin said with a laugh. Calvin felt the serum flowing through his blood. A tingling effect hit his brittle joints as his bones were becoming stronger. Calvin knew that the growth would be slow at first as his body gets used to the new changes raging inside. Then Calvin looked down at his liver spotted hand. The spots had slowly begun to fade. Calvin laughs.

“I have a bad feeling,” Melinda tells Steve and Alex. “I have a feeling this isn’t over with yet.” Melinda looks up at the cage suspended from the ceiling of Alpha Four hangar, inside that cage stood kidnapper Franklin Morgan. He quaked with fear of the giants below him.
“Brad mentioned Calvin Harper,” Steve said, knowing well that this man was once one of Alex’s rivals.
“It doesn’t surprise me a bit. That brittle bag of bones has always bitter about my success. Calvin never liked new money much,” Alex said.
“Do you think he may have succeeded in getting Tommy’s DNA? I’m sure he has that squirrel Cowell working for him,” Ally said. “He’s a mad fucking genius.”
“I don’t know, but we’ll have to wait and find out,” Alex said.

Calvin Harper woke up the next morning feeling like a new man. He hasn’t grown an inch but he noticed a remarkable difference. Instead of using his wheelchair that has been his prison all these years, he walked with his cane. His skeleton felt stronger. He looks in the mirror to see that his hair on his bald head was beginning to grow and his grays turning into that dark hair he had when he was young. “This is only the beginning,” Calvin said to himself.

Dan Hester felt empty inside when he woke up from sleeping in his empty bed. Leah had been taken away to Gaea House to evolve and now it was just the boys. Outside the open widow stood Brad looking bigger than he did the day before. Dan gives him a tired smile.
“Morning Dan, I couldn’t sleep much last night,” Brad quietly said.
“Me either,” Dan tells his gigantic brother. Dan could see that Brad was slightly slouched over so he could peer into the window. Dan got up out of the bed with a shiver and quickly grabbed his robe. It made him cold to see that Brad wasn’t wearing a shirt. “Aren’t you cold?”
“No, my body doesn’t feel the cold like it used to,” Brad answered.
“Which is why I’ve never seen a giant wearing so much as socks,” Dan responded as he made his bed.
“It’s not so bad, Dan. Leah is not in pain. It only hurts the first day but after that you feel … new. Kind of like your life gets to start all over again,” Brad said.
“But you’re evolving differently?”
“That’s only because of my Downs. I was as close to a child as an adult could get. We evolve differently because of who we were. I have grown up before your eye, have I not?”
“Yes you have, Brad. I wish our selfish parents could see you now. If you weren’t so big but look as you do now, they wouldn’t have had any problems taking you to the country club or their parties. Hell, you could have been the one they wanted to marry that awful Susanne Harper,” Dan said, walking up to the window. Dan had always bonded with Brad, but now it was on a different level that Dan never thought possible. Dan could now talk to Brad like an adult. Brad smiled.
“You used to tell me about her. Mom wanted you to be with her so bad, didn’t she?”
“Only because of the money, that’s all her and dad ever worried about. Susanne’s family is extremely wealthy. I was just thankful that that troll she calls an uncle didn’t like me,” Dan said.
“Calvin Harper,” Brad mumbled.
“Yeah, that’s him. How do you know about the brittle billionaire?” Dan asks.
“He’s the one that wanted Tommy. I read it all over that awful Franklin guy last night. He was going to experiment on Tommy and he sort of did in the back of that van. I could still see him getting samples and poor Tommy, growing so tight in those ropes,” Brad explained with a frown.
“That bastard! Do the others know?” Dan asked his giant brother knowing full and well that Brad kept silent communications open.
“They know, but there is not much for us to do right now. We have to watch and wait,” Brad said.

The Growing Generation by nancyarcher

In news today, the giant revolution has begun. The numbers are high today on the evolutionary front. It is estimated that over half the world’s people in the age ranges of thirty to forty nine years of age are or have been evolving. Many countries are concerned with this new startling statistic as food supplies are already scarce in most of the concerned countries. Gaea Foundation founder and tycoon, Alexander Anderson has offered all of the foundations resources to help these countries, also the evolved themselves have shown their resourcefulness by helping their human counterparts. Looks like the human race could learn some lessons from these titans of goodwill.
Also today it is reported that recluse billionaire, Calvin Harper rang the closing bell at the New York stock exchange. Calvin Harper who also suffers from a rare bone disorder in which his bones break easily came out looking healthy. Harper Drug Company announced the testing phase of a new drug for osteoporosis. The company hopes to have approval by the end of the year.
“I can’t believe he could be so bold. That brittle bag of old bones has cracked the code,” Alex said to Emma with a frown on his godlike face.
“We need to take care of this,” Emma responded. Alex reached over and put his hand on her stomach. The baby kicked.
“What are we going to name her?” Alex asks, getting his mind off of Calvin Harper at the moment. Emma didn’t need an ultrasound to know what she’s having. Both she and Alex and the other giants already knew the minute the fetus’ heartbeat. The more evolved the giants became, the more connected they are to one another.
“I was thinking either, Rhea, Eve or maybe even Lilith. This name needs to mean something, after all she is the first,” Emma said with a smile.
“How about Grid or I even like the name Phoebe?” Alex said, returning his wife’s smile.
“I don’t know if I want to name my daughter after the giantess who helped Thor, but I do like Phoebe,” Emma said in a giggle. Alex loves that laugh.
The Andersons settled into their modest home. It was far cry from the house they once lived in but they never cared as long as they had a place to eat and sleep and raise a young giantess. The furnishings were sparse and simple. Emma no longer had her antique collection or crystal chandeliers. The house was also wired with voice activated electronics just like the ones used at Gaea House. It was the most modern thing about the house expect for the custom made plumbing. The new species of man didn’t need much.
Emma did paint the walls pink in what will be a nursery like no other. The first full blooded giantess deserved a room fit for a princess. One of Brad’s pieces of artwork hung over the enormous crib. It was of the Norse goddess Freya.
“Would you believe that Steve is already gutting out a few cars for Tommy? That man can’t wait to have his son back to normal,” Alex said as he held Emma.
“I’m happy for him,” Emma said.
“That boy is almost as tall as Robin and eating like there’s no tomorrow. He’s even turned vegan recently,” Alex said. All of the giants changed in more way than one, they all became herbivores, even the most meat and potatoes type of human turned vegan after evolving.
“Soon then,” Emma smiled.
“You know, I’m not too worried about Calvin Harper. He can evolve all he wants but he’ll find out that with great size comes a great burden. He’ll enjoy it at first, like that one that evolved in prison, but you remember what happened to him?”
“He killed himself when his telepathy started working too fluently. He scared the other inmates with his appearance and the courts didn’t know what to do with him, so they just left him in prison. His cell got too small for him and they just left him in there. The inhumane guard was fired but still. Could you imagine growing in a room like that? The prison workers had to literally take the bars off the cell just to get the body out,” Emma started to cry thinking about her brother giant that lived on the other side of the country. “Poor soul never got a second chance.”
Alex held Emma close. He worried about the giant laws in congress and how it was going to affect his family…

Calvin Harper awoke the next day feeling even better than the day before. He tested out his new body and walked without his cane. He looked down to notice that his body seemed fitter and slimmer. Muscle started showing through. He stood up a little straighter and looked in his bathroom mirror. He now had a full head of dark hair and his wrinkle lessen to the point he looked as he did when he was in his forties. “No more public appearances for a while,” he mumbled to himself. Calvin couldn’t wait for his morning physical.
“Six foot, two inches, and that’s standing up,” said Sven Lindquist, Calvin’s personal trainer. Sven had studied medicine and lost his license for unethical conduct. Sven then became a body builder and personal trainer. The body building organizations kicked him out for steroid use and other illegal substance. Sven then came to America with a job working as a body guard and physical therapist for one of the wealthiest men in the country. Calvin hired the six foot six man based on his shady background. Calvin liked having criminals work for him on ‘personal projects.’
Calvin grins at the tall blond giant of a man. “Soon my friend, you will be looking up to me, although if success is to be had with this serum, you shall be the first. I will need a bodyguard and you are the biggest and best. It’s nice to be six-two standing up instead of lying down,” Calvin said looking up at the behemoth of a man.
“Mr. Harper, you are the healthiest now than you have been your whole life, let’s see what your new body can do,” Sven said, prepping the weight machine. Calvin lifting weights for the first time in his life and he felt good…

Steve felt almost normal again since the other giants grew into their new height. Steven wasn’t the biggest anymore and he was alright with that. Alex towered over him once again at the new height of thirty-two feet and two inches. The new guy Adam was measured at thirty even. No, Steve wasn’t the biggest giant anymore and he didn’t really care, but he did care about his growing wife and son.
Even though the serum was administered long after Melinda’s growth, Tommy’s growth seems to be going quicker. Tommy hit the eight foot mark and he started to feel less like a mouse and more like an infant to Steve. It was only a matter of days for Tommy to reach his expected growth. Steve couldn’t wait…

Brad hit a major growth spurt in his sleep. He now stood at twenty five feet. The farmhouse seemed more and more like a dollhouse. Josh was now the size of a mouse to the giant. Brad couldn’t go through with running away, Dan needed him. Carl told him to take some time off till he could make bigger doors for his cow barns. He couldn’t use his paint brushes anymore. It was hard to turn the pages of a book or even write down anything. Brad’s new size depressed him. There wasn’t much to do for the growing giant. Dan didn’t want him to go too far for fear of scaring the cars driving by, so Brad just sat outside his barn and let his mouse sized nephew entertain him.
“You’re almost bigger than Aunt Ally now,” Josh pointed out.
“I know,” Brad said, thinking of the twenty-five foot giantess that came for a house call at the crack of dawn.
“You like her, don’t you Uncle Brad?” Josh gave him a mischievous smile. It was true; Brad had his first adult crush on his doctor. He was frightened at first by these feelings, but he came to realize that his feeling were natural.
“Yes I do,” Brad answered with flush cheeks.
“You should go out with her, Uncle Brad. Ask her out on a date. You can go to the drive-in,” Josh said with a smile. “I like Aunt Ally too.”
Just then, Dan pulled into the gravel drive, he had been visiting Leah at Gaea House. Josh ran to him and gave him a hug.
“Can you go inside and play, buddy? I need to talk to your uncle,” Dan tells the boys and Josh does as he’s told. Brad will be so happy, but it’ll sure be lonely around here.
“You want to talk to me?” Brad said. Dan forgot that Brad’s hearing is better than average.
“Yeah, Leah and I made a decision… Josh is going to Gaea House tomorrow,” Dan said. A smile formed on Brad’s lips.
“He’s getting the serum,” Brad said.
“He’s getting the serum. Looks like I’m going to be odd man out for a while. The Gaea people are coming tomorrow to help with plans on a new house. Your barn is getting a little cramped, especially if there is going to be three of you around here now. How do you feel about this, brother?”
“I don’t know,” Brad replied.
“It feels right to me. Ally told me that it’s only a matter of time for me,” Dan says. Brad smiles at the thought of having more of his kind around.

The following day, Dan took Josh to the secret lab of Gaea House. Josh was very afraid until his saw a boy his age getting measured by Allison Hayes.
“Fifteen feet and five inches, just like yesterday Tommy. You have officially stopped your Titan growing. Anymore growing you do now will all be natural,” Allison tells the giant child.
“Daddy can pick me up like he used to,” Tommy says to the giantess. Allison gives him a smile and Dan’s jaw dropped at the sight of Tommy James. The boy was now over twice as big as Dan.
“Now you run along,” Allison tells the enormous child. Tommy giggles and goes on his merry way.
Allison turns to Dan and Josh. “You ready to be big like that,” Allison tells Josh and Josh just nods. “Good, it’s only going to hurt for a moment and then you won’t feel a thing,” Allison tells Josh as Robin McAllister comes into the room with a syringe.
“I hate shots,” Josh declares while Dan holds him.
“This shot will make you big like Tommy. Don’t you want to be big?” Robin said gently as she swabbed his arm. Josh just nods.
“You can be my big guy,” Dan says as Robin gently pushes the needle in. Josh feels the gentle sting. Then he feels a strange tingling. “How would you like to stay with Aunt Ally for a while?” Dan asks his son.
“Can I have pizza if I do?” Josh then says.
“As much as you want,” Ally answers.
“Good, ‘cause I’m real hungry right now,” Josh says.
“I have a milkshake for you, Josh. You were such a good boy,” Robin says, handing Josh the special shake, the new and improved shake. “You get to have at least three of these a day now, it’ll help you grow big and strong like Tommy.”
Josh guzzles down the shake. “I don’t feel so hungry now, but I can always make room for pizza,” Josh says and everyone laughs…

Young Giants by nancyarcher

Lindsey and Kylie Smith walked along the fence that surrounded the perimeter of the Gaea House property. Lindsey who was thirteen and her little ten year old sister Kylie were bored. They both missed their school and their friends. Lindsey now stood twenty-five feet tall while Kylie was only twenty-two feet tall. Both girls were thankful to have normal growth spurts now. Lindsey and Kylie were both skeptical about joining Operation Titan at first, but they both enjoyed their new view of the world, well at least at first they did. Now they both missed their old lives.
“I wonder what the kids at school would think of us now, Linds,” Kylie said. Lindsey smiled at her little sister.
“I don’t know Kyle, but I bet a few of them would run scared,” Lindsey said with a laugh.
“Do you miss it, Linds? I mean if we didn’t do this we would be going back to Iowa with titanic ‘rents.”
“I sort of miss it. I don’t miss the cliques or the bullies. I don’t miss feeling like I have to impress people with my clothes, but I do miss my friends,” Lindsey said as they approached close to the road still walking along the twelve foot chain link fence. The fence wasn’t to prevent the giants from escaping but rather from the human getting in.
“Yeah, there are not a lot of fashion options when you’re over twenty feet tall,” Kylie said, looking down at her simple blue sundress. Lindsey wore a pink one. All the giantesses pretty much wore the same outfit, between the sundresses or the scrub like outfits. The fabric was stretchy and made from materials found in a landfill. Alex Anderson invented the material shortly after the evolution began.
The two adolescent giantesses stopped walking for a moment. A car passed by the fence. A man in his twenties with a fourteen year old boy were cruising the countryside when the man stopped his red convertible in front of the two giantesses.
“Hey, my little brother was wondering if one of you would let him look up your skirt,” the man said with a laugh and sped off. Lindsey started to cry. To the humans Lindsey and Kylie could be adults trapped in adolescent bodies but they weren’t, they were the age they appeared.
“What a little prick,” Lindsey sobbed as she sat down and held her knees. Kylie pats her on the back. “I feel like a parade float. Hell, I’m bigger than one.”
“Small people, small minds. Remember that’s what Dr. Gunderson told us,” Kylie said with concern. “We are not like them and they are not like us. We are so much stronger and smarter than them.”
“But we are still kids, Kyle. We are still growing kids and they don’t have a clue,” Lindsey sobbed.
Then the giantesses heard a noise, the sound of pedaling gears. Someone on a bike is coming. Kylie wanted to test her telepathy. She reached her mind out to the passer-by. She found out that it was boy around her and Lindsey’s age and that the boy comes by at least once a day in hopes of spotting a giant. Kylie found it to be cute that this boy seemed curious. Lindsey dried her tears just as the boy came into view. He stopped his bike in front of the two blond giantesses and stared at them.
The boy wore a knit cap over his shaggy blond hair and a gray hoodie. His blue eyes wide as Lindsey and Kylie gave him a friendly smile.
“It’s not polite to stare,” Kylie playfully said with a giggle in her voice.
“I-I-I’m sorry, it just that I’ve never seen a … Well you know,” the boy said nervously. Lindsey laughed.
“Bigger than you expected,” Lindsey said and the boy nodded.
“What’s your name?” Kylie asks.
“C-C-Cody, Cody Matthews. Wow, you’re really big,” the boy said in awe.
“You don’t need to point out the obvious,” Lindsey said as she felt the tears coming back on.
“Hey, I didn’t mean to make you cry. It’s just that…” Cody said, trying to amend the situation and then he thought for a second. “Aren’t you guys old? You act like the girls in my class. I was told that only the older people are evolving.”
“We’re not,” Kylie blurted out and Lindsey gave her a dirty look. Good job Kyle, you’ve just blown our cover. Dr. Gunderson and Mr. James will never let us out again. Lindsey transmitted to her big mouth sister.
“You’re not? You mean kids are evolving too?” Cody said.
Say no more, Kyle. Please just say no more. Lindsey transmitted but it was too late, Kylie gave the boy a nod.
“But you can’t tell a soul. The others will get mad at us and not let us go far,” Kylie said. Cody gave her a crocked smile that Lindsey found cute.
“You’re giants, who’s going to stop you?” Cody said with a shrug.
“The adult giants that live here,” Lindsey responded. “We are not the biggest ones here.”
“Your secret is safe with me. What are your names?” Cody asked.
“I’m Kylie and this is Lindsey. We’re sisters. I’m ten and Lindsey is thirteen,” Kylie answered.
“I’m thirteen too,” Cody said, smiling up at the giant girls. Lindsey looked like no other girl Cody had went to school with. She put the most popular girl in his class to shame with her thick wavy blond hair and sparkling blue eyes and her flawless skin. Cody noticed that Lindsey had no acne much less a freckle. Even under the potato sack of a sundress, Lindsey had a body that a girl in high school would envy. “I go to Spartan Falls junior high. I’m in the seventh grade there.”
“We’re not from around here. I went to Appleton junior high in Iowa,” Lindsey answered shyly. Lindsey thought Cody was cute. Back at her old school, a boy like Cody wouldn’t give her the time of day. Lindsey wasn’t popular but she wasn’t quite a nerd either, she was one of those kids that survived day to day.
“I’ve never met anyone from Iowa much less a pretty giantess,” Cody said with a blush. Lindsey blushed too. No boy has ever called her pretty before. Lindsey never thought of herself as ugly, but she never thought of herself as a looker either. Now she has the body and looks that puts the most beautiful cheerleader to shame, even her body is much stronger and flexible than that of the whole cheer squad. Lindsey of course was unaware of this as is most of the newly evolved are about their looks.
“Will I see you again?” Lindsey asked the doll sized boy.
“Every day if you want, I have to go now or my mom will kill me if I’m home late,” Cody said as he got back on his bicycle. “Oh, don’t pay a mind to Chad and Derek Harper. They’re just a couple of douchebags. They think that because they’re family owns everything that it gives them a right to bully everybody. Apparently they don’t care about how big you are either. His family has tried and failed to get the Gaea House closed. They hate giants.”
“Good to know,” Kylie said. “I wanted to step over this fence and have my foot meet his pretty red car.”
Cody gulped and Kylie laughed.
“She wouldn’t have done that. Kyle’s bark is worse than her bite. We wouldn’t hurt anyone. People with four digit I.Q.’s don’t do that sort of thing,” Lindsey said while glaring at her little sister. Kylie just giggles.
“I’ll see you tomorrow, Lindsey? Same time, same place,” Cody said shyly to the beautiful Titaness.
“Sure, I’ll see you then,” Lindsey said, waving at Cody…

Steve regularly checked on the wards of Operation Titan. His concerns went to the two Smith girls who seemed bored being here at the Gaea House, so it was no surprise to Steve that the girls like walking the perimeter around the property. They were trying to get as close to civilization as they could. It was also no surprise to Steve that the girls befriended a local boy. Of course he had the power to forbid them, but Steve knew that would only make thing worse. Both girls had knowledge that far surpassed man and the strength of charging elephants, but that one very human part of them still lived, the part that is so much that of a young teenager, the need to have contact with others in their age group. Some days, Steve wished they found subjects more like him at that age, shy and backwards.
Steve let this Cody Matthews come around and he didn’t let the girls know that he knew their secret. In the meantime, Steve looked though his files for newly evolved with children, particularly teenagers. To his delight he found a family from the same Iowa town the Smiths are from, he had Caroline make the call immediately…

Calvin Harper had started growing. He delighted as he watched his guard/ doctor / physical therapist Sven’s gaze change every day until one morning he woke up and had hit his head on the top of the door frame. The old Calvin would have to go to the hospital immediately for fear of a fracture or maybe a brain hemorrhage, but the new Calvin was different, he just laughed it off and ducked before walking through the door.
“Six foot, nine inches, Mr. Harper,” Sven said as he had to look up to his boss for the first time. Sven was not used to looking small next to another person and his reaction was less than stellar. Sven really didn’t like it when he saw that the once brittle old man could now bench press more than him without even breaking a sweat. No, Sven didn’t like this one bit but Calvin did. Calvin Harper felt like he could rule the world…

Every day, Dan Hester made it a point to visit Gaea house. Construction began on a new house for all the giants in his life. He moved into Bradley’s barn so they could demolish the old house. It made Dan sad to see his old life knocked to the ground like that, but it had to be done. Dan’s world was growing around him. He thanked his lucky stars and Brad’s that his little brother had officially stopped growing, but Brad’s new height came as a surprise to everyone, especially the giants of Gaea House. If Brad had never suffered from Downs, he would have been in the seven foot club as a human but as a giant he stood a staggering thirty five feet tall.
Despite Brad’s massive size, Dan liked to see that his brother found a love in his life. Allison Hayes and Bradley Hester became a couple, an odd couple considering Allison’s small size. In the giants’ world, Allison Hayes was the equivalent of a five foot woman and Brad a very tall man built to play basketball.
Brad had a hard time ducking through the doorway of his barn but the forty foot peak made it comfortable for him to stand up straight. Brad still had an angelic face and a shy demeanor despite the fact that he had to look down at everybody. His whole entire hand covered Dan’s body and he can hold Dan in one hand without any difficulty, but Brad still didn’t enjoy being big.
Today Dan and Brad were planning a homecoming for Leah. Leah didn’t want to come home until she was fully grown and now that Leah stood twenty-eight feet and two inches, she was ready to go back to the farm. She didn’t like leaving Josh but she understood why they didn’t want him off Gaea property just yet. She also knew that even though Dan was all for Josh taking the serum, Dan felt uncomfortable around his thirteen foot son. It made Dan feel less like a man to be towered over by a four year old.
Leah and Allison walked on the road with four cop cars flanking them. Leah didn’t like that people stared at her as she passed their houses. Allison was quite used to it. Leah wasn’t sure if she would ever leave the farm again once she got back.
Poor Brad, I bet they run when they see him. Leah broadcasted. Allison smiled up at her and patted her arm. No wonder he is still shy. I wonder if they know that we are more afraid of them. Allison giggled.
Relief swept over Leah when they started down the gravel drive. The cop cars pulled over and stopped. Allison and Leah were all alone for the first time since they started their little walk. Leah had heard about Brad at Gaea House but she had never seen his full growth before. Brad made her feel small. She ran to him and Brad picked her up into one of his famous hugs.
“I miss you my swan,” Leah said, smiling at the most beautiful giant she had ever seen.
“I miss you too sis. It’s been hard keeping Dan in line,” Brad joked. Leah and Brad quit communicating to one another. Leah wanted her new appearance to be a surprise to her brother in law and it was. Leah’s straight dark hair reflected the sunlight and her blue eyes shone. Leah still looked like the old Leah to Brad, but only healthier.
“Dan,” Leah said and she scooped him up in her hands and kissed his little head. “I miss you baby.”
“I miss you too,” Dan said with a laugh. “Even though I just saw you yesterday. I’m glad you're home honey.”

The Big New World by nancyarcher

Life at the Hester farm went on with the absence of one family member. The Gaea Foundation finished the new larger structured home for the three giants and the one human. Dan still shared a bedroom with his wife but not a bed. Leah was afraid that she would crush him in her sleep. Brad had a room made with larger than giant sized furnishing to fit his lofty new frame. Even Josh had a room made for a growing and learning giant. Josh’s room even had a few gutted out shells of cars for playing with. The furnishings were simple as all giant furnishings are and made from the strongest materials possible.
Brad held his brother as he hung up the old family photos. Dan wanted to personalize the generic space as much as possible. Leah worked outside in her new garden space, planting the plants that will soon become commonplace in the large new world. She thought of Dan. She thought of him daily and how hard it must be for him to live in such a large world.
Today was the day Gaea House planned on letting Josh come home. Josh still had to be closely guarded but he seemed depressed staying at the facility, so Steven James and Dr. Gunderson approved his release on the grounds that he is not to be seen by the outside world. Dan and Leah agreed.
Leah smiled at the sight of the Gaea Foundation rig pulling up to their new house. Steven James walked behind the truck and waved at the giantess as he made his way up the drive.
“He’s here! He’s home!” Leah shouted, unaware of her new and much louder voice.
“I hear you perfectly well, honey,” Dan said, as he stood on his brother’s hand clearing out his ears.
“I’m sorry,” Leah said in her more controlled and quieter voice. Dan laughed.
“That’s perfectly okay, baby. You have every reason to be happy. We have our boy back,” Dan said as he sat down in Brad’s palm. Dan had grown used to his giant family. It was nothing for him to be held anymore by either Leah or his gigantic little brother, now he has his sixteen foot four year old son around. Dan had grown quite used to the kind eyes looking down at him.
Robin McAllister opens the back of the rig and out comes the tallest four year old boy in the world. Josh runs to Leah and she effortlessly picks him up into a hug.
“I miss you Mommy. You have gotten big too,” Josh says to his teary eyed mom.
“So I can hold you, sweetie,” Leah tells him. Josh then looks up at Brad.
“Wow, Uncle Brad! You’re really, really big,” Josh says to the towering giant. Brad smiles down at him. “You’re the biggest giant now, aren’t you?”
“Yes I am, big guy,” Brad couldn’t help but laugh. “I can hold you like normal again unlike your Dad,” Brad then says and holds out the hand that Dan had been sitting on.
“Hi there big guy,” Dan says to his son.
“Daddy, you’re still the same,” Josh says, slightly disappointed that his Dad hasn’t grown yet.
“Yes I am. You’re the big man of the house now,” Dan said, giving his son a smile. Dan knew that not only was his four year old son nearly three times bigger than him, he was also just as smart as him even though he still acted like a child. Josh still wanted to play like a kid his age would even though he understood Einstein and Hawking. All the giants still acted like the people they once were, only improved versions.

Josh stood out in the middle of the field with Brad and a herd of cows. What once were big scary animals to Josh was now the size of dogs. Josh laughed at the sight. Nothing could scare him anymore except maybe the dark.
“You have a good boy, Mr. Hester,” Steve tells him as they watch from a distance. “He is so good and so careful. Most of the children are afraid of their new size, but not Josh. He told us he learned it from his Uncle Brad. I think it’s great he has had such a great influence around. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.”
“I want to thank you for all that Gaea House has done for my family. Leah and I were ready to lose the farm because of Brad’s growing. I’m glad that the president is helping families like mine,” Dan said, referring to the new bill passed recently for the newly evolved hardships. It was created to help families from losing their homes and livelihood because of the growing.
“We do our best to take care of our people and even though you are technically not one of us Dan, we will do our best to help you in anyway. One of these days, all humans will no longer need material things to be happy. Money will be a thing of the past. We have evolved to help one another to make this world a better place. I wish all humans could be like you,” Steve said, smiling at the man on his hand.
“We could learn a lot from the giants. I’m just happy to see my wife, my brother and my son happy, even if I still remain the same,” Dan said, deep in thought. Dan thought of all the changes his life has made recently. He thought of Leah and how this was going to affect their marriage and then there was Josh? What if Josh does get upset with him? Will he know how to control his strength around his tiny father? Telling Josh about his inside voice was bad enough but telling a tot three times bigger than you, that’s a bridge Dan will have to cross one day.

The Hesters fell into a daily routine. Dan went to work like he normally would but he woke up to a world five times bigger. Dan’s bed that he once shared with Leah was setup right next to her thirty foot bed; she smiled down at him every morning. Some mornings she nudged Dan with her fingertips, she was always delicate when she did this. Leah loved her little Dan but she tried not to make him feel little.
Josh would pick his Dad up in a gentle hug. Josh has learned that his size has given him strength and he learned that he can’t be as hasty as he used to, especially when it came to his Dad.
“Good morning, big guy,” Dan would always say, looking up at his cherub face. Growth has given his son perfect and flawless looks. To Dan, Josh didn’t look like the same kid in some ways, but in a lot of ways he was still Josh. Dan spotted the two compact cars on the living room floor, cars that were once driven by people like him. All the dangerous chemicals and small parts had been taken out of them and now they are a child’s toy. “Make sure you pick up your toys when you are done playing with them,” Dan then tells his oversized son.
“I will Dad,” Josh says with a smile and picks up the cars and puts them in his toy box. Then Josh looks over at the large flat screen television and says, “Cartoons Goliath, please,” and the television flips on to SpongeBob. The Goliath system was developed by Alex to help aide the giants in daily activities that their human counterparts take for granted. Things like turning on a T.V. or dialing a telephone or even surfing the web, things that their hands and fingers are too large to do. The system is programed to respond only to the pitch of a giant’s voice so when Dan loses the remote for the T.V., it’s all him doing the losing.
Dan smiles at his boy and walks into the large kitchen area. Small appliances were put into place for Dan’s use and a small table and chair as well. All of Dan’s belongings had a temporary feel to them because it was only a matter of time for Dan to grow into his surroundings, but Dan had a tough road ahead of him till then.
“Morning brother,” Brad says looking way down at his diminutive brother. Dan looks up at him and smiles. Brad stood at the oversized counter top, fixing himself a shake. Brad wore what looked like a t-shirt that showed off every muscle in his perfect body and sweat pants, stripes going down his long legs. Clothing options were still small for the giants.
“Morning Brad,” Dan says as grabs an orange juice and a piece of toast. Then Josh comes into the kitchen. Brad picks him up and gives him a hug. He does the same as Leah enters the kitchen wearing her simple sundress. It hurts Dan to see this; his brother has been doing his job in taking care of the family. Dan just felt like a piggy bank some days, just the one bringing home the money and nothing else. Dan didn’t hate his brother, but he envied him. Brad has taken over the role of protector while Dan became the provider. Funny how the roles had reversed?

Dan drove to his law office thinking of his new oversized world and how much smarter and stronger his whole family had gotten. He regretted putting Josh through Operation Titan in a way. If the world knew of his existence, Josh would end up in some government lab getting treated like an animal. Josh had taken to being large as if it wasn’t anything. Dan has seen the other giant kids and Josh was the most well adapted of the bunch. The older ones have become angst ridden while some of the younger ones have become a little destructive, but not Josh. Josh was very easy going and gentle. Even when Dan has corrected him, Josh would just pout and move on, but Josh always listened. Dan may have envied his brother, but he couldn’t complain.
“Coffee, Mr. Hester,” the gray haired older woman asked.
“No thanks, Mrs. Bird. I’m just going straight to work today,” Dan said. Eleanor Bird just nodded but she knew her boss well enough to see that he has a lot on his mind. Eleanor was a woman in her fifties and has worked as a legal secretary for The Hester Firm since its opening. Eleanor liked her boss and his family. She was there when Dan’s parents had their accident, she was there when Dan freed his brother from his prison, she was there when Josh came into the world and she was there recently when Dan’s world turned upside down. Eleanor hasn’t seen Leah since her change, but she has seen Brad when he first started growing. Eleanor couldn’t believe her eyes when she first saw Brad. Nothing about him showed that he ever suffered from Downs, in fact the new Brad looked extremely handsome and beautiful. Eleanor was happy for Brad’s fragile soul.
“How’s the little one?” Eleanor asks.
“Oh, he’s getting big,” Dan just simply answered and Eleanor smiles. Eleanor wasn’t aware of just how big Dan’s son had gotten. “You remember how your little ones were, Ellie.”
“Oh yes, Dan. I do,” Eleanor said before shutting the office door.
Dan sat alone in his office. He looks at the pictures on his desk of a family vacation they all took a year ago. One picture was of him and Brad fishing, there was one of the entire family standing in front of the lake, and Dan had Josh on his shoulders with Brad and Leah standing in front of him. Dan sighed, He missed those days.
A knock sounded on the door, it was Eleanor. “A giant from Gaea House by the name of Adam is here to see you. Do you want to talk to him?”
“Sure, tell him to come around to the alley,” Dan responded and went to open the large bay window of his third floor office. Eleanor had to learn how to deal with the giants that visited her boss on a daily basis, especially since he has gotten involved in giant rights.
“Hello Adam,” Dan said as he stood in front of the window. Adam was the unofficial Gaea House police. Molly, his ex-partner from his ‘past life’ as a cop helps him. Adam was a very handsome and very southern man. He had the strange gift of detecting lies. Unlike his police days, Adam had the long black hair that most of the giants seem to have adopted as their look. Instead of the scrub outfits you usually see the giants dress in, Adam wore what looked more like gym clothes of a t-shirt and sweats.
“Hello Mr. Hester,” Adam said in his southern drawl.
“So what’s new? Has the prisoner talked?”
“Yes, he says he plans on suing Gaea House for kidnapping him,” Adam said with a smirk. “Molly has made him change his mind.”
Dan laughs. Molly can influence people with her gift. It isn’t a secret that she has used Franklin Morgan as her personal slave. Dan laughed one time when he saw the dazed Franklin filing the giantess’ nails. The influence doesn’t last but for a few hours, but Molly has used it to her full advantage.
“I’m ready to kick the little shit out of our hanger, to be honest. He keeps throwing his food at us and is loud. Molly and I can hardly sleep at night,” Adam says. Adam and his cop partner Molly have grown together, both physically and as a couple. When they were both human cops Adam and Molly had a sort of brother/sister relationship but when they both had to go a ‘clinic’ at the same time and fight the insanity at that ‘clinic,’ Adam and Molly felt something for one another. Legally the two cannot marry because of their new species status, so they just decided to live together.
“I don’t blame you, but we need to keep that little asshole under our thumbs,” Dan said, talking like the giant he wasn’t. Adam laughed. Dan has gotten close to all the giants at Gaea House. He liked Adam because they both shared similar work backgrounds. They both believed in justice.
“Yeah, I know but I worry about all this Calvin Harper matter. Did you catch him on the news when he did closing bell on the stock exchange? I don’t doubt that he’s cracked the code. I don’t doubt for a fact that that man hires criminals. This Roderick Cowell is a sadistic bastard,” Adam said.
“Have you ever heard of Sven Lindquist?” Dan asks the giant and Adam shook his head. “Sven Lindquist is a man who was once wanted by immigration for importing illegal drugs into the country. They apprehended the man and he was mysteriously freed of all charges. Shortly after, he started working for Calvin Harper and now he wants to play informant. That Scandinavian bastard called here the other day and wants to have a meeting with me. He fears for his life but the big giant prick doesn’t realize that I had a hand in the rescue of Thomas James. I’m going to meet with him and I’m going to see what he wants,” Dan explained to the giant outside his window.
“Wonder why he called you and not the authorities?”
“Simple, I’m the first giant rights lawyer in this country. He wants to see if I can give him any advice on handling a giant,” Dan said.
“Good luck on that. If you need another set of eyes to watch over the exchange, I’m your man to call. I can always stay low behind a building, plus I can see if the bastard is lying from a mile away,” Adam said.
“Thanks, I’ll call you and let you know,” Dan said and the giant walked away after saying good-bye. Yes, Dan Hester’s world has gotten much bigger…

“Sven, you little bastard, get in here!” Calvin yelled at his bodyguard.
“What is it you want sir?” Sven said looking up at the towering man. Sven refused to call Calvin by his name anymore, he always call him sir.
“Get Cowell! I want to know why I am growing so slow! The other giants evolved much quicker,” Calvin said, still disappointed he wasn’t in the double digits yet.
Cowell came cowering in. The man before Cowell was tall but not as big as The Gaea Foundation Giants. Calvin Harper stood eight feet tall and looked like he was in his thirties.
“Why am I still a half pint?” Calvin didn’t hesitate to ask.
“Well sir, it has something to do with your disorder. Your fragile bones are going to need time to repair and plus factor in your age and…” Cowell said.
“Age my ass! Give me another shot! Maybe you gave me the wrong dosage,” Calvin barked.
“R-R-Right away, sir,” Cowell mumbled.
“Sven is coming with you this time,” Calvin then barked out.

Sven Lingquist and Roderick Cowell walked to Roderick’s lab. Sven and Roderick couldn’t stand each other but they agreed on one thing, Calvin’s madness needed to end.
“Give him a placebo; we both know that the serum isn’t going to work this time. The stuff was made to trick DNA, it’s not really a growth serum,” Sven said.
“Your right,” Roderick answered as he made salt water look like the blue fluid. “I could try to drug him, but at his size I would need more than one syringe.”
“He’s becoming scarier by the day. He slammed me down the other day without any effort. Getting into a sparring match with me, you need effort,” Sven said. “He nearly shattered my bones.”
“I may not like you much Sven, but I do agree, this madness needs to end. Have you worked on blocking your thoughts yet?” Roderick asks the giant of a man and Sven nods. Roderick and Sven made a truce. Neither of them was interested in evolving and Sven knew that his days as a human were numbered. If they were to evolve, Sven and Roderick wanted it to be natural and not forced against their will…

Tattle-Tale by nancyarcher

Aaron Smith had spent his whole entire life struggling, whether it be watching his parents struggle as a child or struggling himself to maintain a working farm and a large family. The one bright light in his life was always his wife, Sally. Sally was a petite woman of five-three, but as a giantess she stands twenty-six feet and three inches tall. She was Aaron’s opposite in so many ways. Sally has flowing gold hair, pale skin and blue eyes while Aaron when he was human stood six-two, now he stands at the respectable height of thirty-one feet. Aaron has a dark complexion, kind chocolate brown eyes and thick dark curly brown hair. Yes, Aaron and Sally Smith were two opposites made for each other.
“What are we going to name our son?” Aaron asks his wife as he lays his hand on her stomach.
“I don’t know, but I’m glad it’s a boy for once. You’ve put up with girls for far too long,” Sally said playfully. “You think with having five kids there would be a boy somewhere in the mix.” It was true; all five of the Smiths’ kids were girls. The two older ones took after Sally, while Gretchen took after her dad and Amber and Bree were a mix of both Aaron and Sally.
“I like the name Christopher, you know after the saint?” Aaron said with a playful smile.
“It’s appropriate considering St. Christopher was known for his gigantic size, way better than Goliath. Although I do like the name David too,” Sally said, touching her baby bump. She never thought she would be pregnant for over a year. Things seem to have slowed down after evolving. Sally and Aaron thought they would never look like they were twenty again, let alone be well over twenty feet tall and living in an airplane hangar. Both Sally and Aaron missed their farm.
They looked at each other with a smile and thought: Christopher it is then. Aaron kissed Sally deeply.

Aaron ran into Adam Jones from Alpha Four. Adam was a southern gentleman and an ex-cop. For some reason evolving was an automatic kick off of the force, but Adam didn’t mind, he loves his new peaceful life much better.
“Oh, Hey Aaron, I was looking for you. I’m going to needs your skills. Dan has an informant he is meeting and I was wondering if you could arrange for some special spies?”
“Where is he meeting this person?”
“Would you believe at Spartan Falls National Park? You know the secluded area of the park?”
“Yeah, I think I know what you’re talking about. I know of some crows that like to nest there and some deer that like to graze there. I’m sure they are up for it,” Aaron said referring to his special brand of telepathy, not only can the giant known as Aaron Smith read human minds but animal ones as well. Sally nicknamed him Francis after his complete growth because of this talent. She referred to him as the patron saint of animals, St. Francis of Assai.

Aaron went to the clearing close to the connection of Gaea House property and the property to Spartan Falls National Park. Aaron sat down Indian style. He concentrated hard and changed his brainwaves. He held out his hands and a breeze ran through his think long hair that brushed his shoulders. Aaron looked like a Greek statue, and then he felt the beating of feathers against his flawless skin and the tiny feet of a hundred birds perching on his hands and arms. Aaron opened his eyes and smiled. Fifty bucks and does surrounded him. “Hello friends,” Aaron says to the animals. “I have a mission for you.”

Dan Hester pulled into the back of Spartan Falls National Park. Dan found it odd that Mr. Lindquist wanted to meet him here considering that Gaea House property connected to the park. Dan got out of his Beemer and looked to the trees. Hundreds of eyes watched the human lawyer. Dan had an inkling of who the responsible party was for this, Aaron Smith. Then he noticed something gigantic crouched in the shadows, bigger than any animal that ran the park and taller than some of the trees, it was the giant, Adam Jones. Dan gave him a small wave and Adam waved back before disappearing any further into the trees. The setup was ready…

Sven Lindquist has had enough abuse. Calvin Harper has beaten him so hard that he broke the Swedish man’s arm and left him with a broken nose. Roderick Cowell helped set his broken bones.
“I’ve had enough, Rod. He thinks that because he is so much bigger than us that he can play the part of bully,” Sven tells the smaller man.
“He’ll have you departed or worse if you don’t obey,” Roderick said in a cowering voice.
“I don’t care anymore. That asshole is going to end up killing one of us. I don’t know about you, but I kind of like myself alive,” Sven said.
“What are you going to do about it?”
“Call that lawyer representing Gaea Foundation and tell him everything. I’d rather be deported than dead. Besides, it wasn’t right that a little boy had to be kidnapped just so he can become a monster,” Sven said and Roderick agreed.

Dan waited for what seemed like an hour, when a black Audi pulled into the paved parking area. Dan knew from the police reports that Sven Lindquist was a big man, the type that filled in doorways. Dan knew that the man had long blond hair and was built like a tank, but you couldn’t imagine Dan’s shock when he saw that this man had been broken. Sven Lindquist wasn’t the type to be broken; he was the type to do the breaking.
“Mr. Hester, I’m glad you decided to meet me,” Sven said in almost perfect English.
“Mr. Lindquist, you wanted to talk to me?” Dan questions the man.
“Yes, but can you promise me asylum? As you can see, I am a broken man and I fear for my life everyday I’m working for Calvin Harper.”
“Did he send his goons to do all that?” Dan said, looking the tall blond man over.
“Would you believe he did all this damage with his own hands? Calvin Harper is his own goon squad now,” Sven said.
“How big is he?” Dan reluctantly asked.
“He is very slow growing which only fuels his anger more. I suspect it’s because of his rare bone disease. Mr. Harper had bones that broke very easy, but now he is an eight and half foot monster. Still an easy size for a giant to detain but not a human like me as you can see,” Sven said, pointing at his wounds.
“Usually their temperaments change as they evolve. We think it may have to do with expanding I.Q.’s and strong instincts that we humans just don’t have. Has he ever been evaluated in other ways? Not just his growth?” Dan asks and Sven shakes his head.
A crow boldly landed on the hood of Sven car. Sven back was to the animal and the animal watched the two human with interest.
“I don’t think you can grow out of being an asshole. Do I get my asylum or not? I don’t want to go back to that hell hole,” Sven said, looking down at the lawyer.
“If that is what you want,” Dan said, and then loud footsteps sounded from behind the tree. Adam Jones made himself known to the human. Sven looked up in shock of the giant. He knew that running was useless, so he just stood there.
Adam stared down at the small Scandinavian human with his steely gaze. What was once a big man for him to apprehend in his days on the force was now nothing but a mere insect. Crow and deer flocked the clearing.
“Sven Lindquist, you’re coming with us. Do you have any objections?” Adam said in a demanding tone. Sven was rendered speechless and just nodded. “Good, I need you to get back into your car so that I may take you back to Gaea House. Dan, take his car keys,” Adam then said and Sven handing his car keys to the lawyer and stood there froze.
“I’d do as Adam says, Sven. You wouldn’t want to make him angry, now would you?” Dan says with a smile and opens Sven’s car door. The tall blond human man then went into his car. Adam then picks up the car and walks in the direction of Gaea House. All the animals go about their way and Dan drives off…

Aaron smiled to himself after breaking off his connection to the animals. He was very pleased with his friends and himself that the shy farmer from Iowa could play a role in such a major epic.

Who's Bullying Who by nancyarcher

Cody Matthews had a terrible day at school. Cody Matthews and Chad Harper got into a fist fight. Chad had humiliated Cody for the last time. Cody couldn’t help it that his father left him before he was even born or the fact that Cody’s mom struggled with two jobs to make ends meet. Chad Harper had called Cody Matthews a bastard for the last time, but it was too bad Chad had his posse with him and Cody only managed a few good swings. Added to all that, Cody’s mom couldn’t come pick her injured son up from school because she wasn’t feeling too good, so it was up to Cody to pedal pass his pain to get home. One bright spot to his day was waiting by the twelve foot fence along the road, Lindsey Smith.
Lindsey did something she never dared do before; she stepped over the fence when she noticed Cody struggling with his bike. She didn’t wait on him either and took three long steps to him.
“What happened?” Lindsey looked down at Cody’s black eye.
“Chad and his boys beat the shit out of me,” Cody said, trying to manage a small but painful smile. Lindsey got down on her knee and held her hands out in front of the diminutive boy.
“You’re coming with me. I’m going to fix you up,” Lindsey said and Cody hesitated.
“Won’t you get in trouble? I’m not allowed in there,” Cody said as he looked down at Lindsey’s large but soft hands.
“Only if I get caught,” Lindsey said with a smile. Cody hid his bike somewhere along the side of the road and sat down on Lindsey’s soft hands. Cody giggled at his thought. “What’s so funny, Cody?”
“I was just thinking of something funny. Have you ever seen the movie King Kong?”
Lindsey smiled as she stood up. Cody looked down from his lofty position. “Are you saying that I’m a big ape?” Lindsey kidded with the small boy.
“You could never be an ugly ape to me, Linds. How would you like to be my girlfriend?” Cody said with a blush and the giantess blushed too.
“As long as you don’t refer to me as an ape,” Lindsey said with a shy smile and Chad returned that smile.

Steven James could put a stop to Lindsey, but he decided not to. Lindsey has been in a better mood since Cody Matthews has made his daily visits and Steve didn’t feel like ruining it for her. He didn’t see any harm in the boy visiting either. Cody had nice and calm thoughts for a human, especially a teenage human. Steve felt Cody’s pain in his thoughts today. The boy had been punched and kicked over and over by a group of other boys at his school because Cody stood up to them. Steve remembered his own childhood and the bullies. Steve shed a tear for the boy he had never met…

“You need to be quiet, Cody. We have way better than average hearing and if my Mom finds out I could be in a world of trouble,” Lindsey said as she walked through the trees.
“As a mouse,” Cody said with a smile and Lindsey laughed.
“I’m serious,” Lindsey said when she heard someone coming. “Damn! It’s Mr. James and I have no stinking pockets on the potato sack.”
“It’s okay, maybe he won’t notice,” Cody whispered.
“Lindsey Smith. What are you doing all the way out here? You might be seen,” The red-headed giant said. Lindsey started to shake nervously.
“N-N-Nothing, Mr. James,” Lindsey said with an innocent stare.
“Hmmmm, a boy. Where did you find him?” Steve said, looking down at the injured body of Cody Matthews. Steve softened his features when he heard Cody’s scared thoughts. Cody thought Steve was possibly the biggest person he had ever seen. He quaked in fear as Steve grabbed his bruised arm gently between his thumb and index finger. “He’s hurt,” Steve said softly. “Take him to my office, Lindsey. We’ll see what we can do.”
“A-A-Alright, Mr. James. You’re not going to tell my mom and dad about this, are you?” Lindsey said.
“We’ll talk about it later, Lindsey. Just do as you’re told, I’ll be there shortly. I need to go get Mrs. McAllister,” Steve said calmly as he patted Lindsey’s shoulder.
“O-O-Okay Mr. James,” Lindsey said with a nod. Lindsey held Cody carefully as she walked into the large building, hoping that Mrs. James wasn’t going to be at her desk, which she wasn’t. Lindsey sighed a sigh of relief but hoped that she wasn’t in any serious trouble for allowing an unauthorized human on Gaea House property.

Once inside the enormous room, Cody took in the sight. Everything was huge. Lindsey sat her injured boyfriend on the gigantic desk. Cody stood there for a moment taking in the sights of the office space. There were no pencils and paper on the clean desktop, just a large computer screen. A cluster of paintings hung on the wall of Greek and Norse goddesses. There wasn’t even a telephone, the office looked pretty sparse expect for with looked like a junk pile of cars in one corner of the room. Cody’s eyes widened when he realized that they weren’t toys, but actual cars strung around like a child’s playthings.
“Looks like Mr. James brought his son to work today. He must not have had any appointments,” Lindsey said and started picking up the cars and put them in a cabinet. She sat each car gingerly on the selves before closing the door shut. “Tommy always likes to leave his toys out. He’s not very good at following the rules.”
“Those are toys?” Cody asks, still in awe of the sight of his girlfriend picking up cars like they were nothing.
“Oh yeah, don’t worry, the mechanic here has taken out all the small part and chemicals. These are just shells,” Lindsey said casually. “But the little ones are not supposed to leave evidence like this.”
“Little ones? How many kids are there here?”
“Oh thirteen, no fourteen and another on the way according to Mr. James,” Lindsey said, realizing all the sudden that she is saying too much. “Look Cody, I can get into a lot of trouble if any one outside the fence finds out about us. We will never see each other again and you won’t remember me if Ms. Martin is called in. You understand?”
“You’re secrets are safe with me, Lindsey. I just didn’t know.”
“Nobody does and we need to keep it that way,” said another voice. There stood Steven James in the doorway with a gray haired woman on his shoulder.
“M-M-Mr. James. I-I-I…” Lindsey stumbled with her words.
“It’s quite all right, Lindsey. Mr. Matthews is no longer an outsider. The techs have just brought his mother in. Ms. Hayes is examining her right now,” Steve said, giving the teenage giantess a smile. “She has also filled out the special forms for you, Cody Matthews. I have to only ask you one question.”
“W-W-What?” Cody said, still frightened of the enormous giant.
“How would you like to become one of us?” Steve said in a warm and gentle tone. Steve dropped to his knees and Robin McAllister jumped off his broad shoulder. She had a medical bag with her that she put on the desk and pulled out a syringe with blue fluid.
“Y-Y-You mean a giant, sir?” Cody asked.
“Yes Cody, a giant. We’re going to let you finish out your week at school and then you shall live here with us as you grow into your new size. You will get to be with other giants, including Lindsey,” Steve said to the boy.
Cody thought about it, he had nothing to lose. His mom was poor and they’re house was falling apart. He had no real friends at school despite the fact Cody was considered one of the cute boys in his class. Chad Harper and his posse would never try to beat him up ever again. The pros outweighed the cons for Cody Matthews.
“Yes, I want to be a giant,” Cody said softly.
“This will only hurt for a minute,” The kindly gray haired lady said as she prepped Cody’s arm. “My name is Robin McAllister by the way. I am a friend to these extraordinary people. If you ever need anything small done, I’m your person to call.”
“Cody Matthews,” Cody said as he felt the sting of the needle and then a strange tingling and then hunger.
“Drink this,” Robin said as she handed Cody a shake. “You will drink this up to three times a day. It’ll help with the hunger. If you don’t drink this, you will be hungry all the time. Do you feel like eating?”
“Yes, even after that,” Cody said.
“That’s normal. The serum is working its way through your system. I’ll have Lindsey take you to the cafeteria. You can eat as much as you want,” Robin said as she watched the bruises fade and the cuts close. “You’ll feel much better after you eat, son.”
“I’ve sent a tech out to your house to get you some belongings, Cody. You won’t need much, just enough to finish your week at school. If anything feels too small to wear, I have another tech buying you shoes and other necessities. You are staying on our campus here on out,” Steve said and Cody nodded.

Cody felt better after he had eaten the most food he has ever eaten in one sitting in his life. Lindsey joked about how heavy he felt afterwards. Cody and Lindsey laughed. She took him to his dorm where he found all his clothes and then some. Cody laughed when he saw a size twenty-four sneaker. The kitchen was stocked full too, shakes and various other food items for his consumption. He only had four more days of school left and he was already feeling like big man on campus.
Cody woke up the next day and went to the bathroom, he looked in the mirror and noticed his bruises were nearly gone and a few pimples went away. He stood straight, but he didn’t notice any difference other than that he felt strangely energetic and extremely hungry.
Cody made his breakfast which was something he had always done for himself but today he made double proportions of everything and still felt hungry afterwards, then he remembered the shake and drank that until his hunger went away. He packed his lunch and put two more shakes in his backpack. Then he thought that he better put them in a thermos. Taking something that said Gaea Products all over it wasn’t such a good idea. Then he went to get dressed. Everything seemed to fit a little smaller but it still fit except for Cody’s shoes. He grabbed a size bigger and they comfortably fit. Cody didn’t think anything of it because he didn’t notice a difference.
His bicycle and his giantess waited for him outside the dorm. Lindsey smiled down at her little man. She wanted to make sure he was going to be okay. She picked him up and kissed his head. Lindsey wore cherry flavored lip gloss, a whole tube. She gently wiped off her handy work and put the small boy down. Lindsey couldn’t wait until her first real kiss and she knew who she wanted to have that kiss with, Cody Matthews.

Cody felt weird walking into Spartan Falls Junior High School. Girls seemed to stare at him more than normal and the jocks seemed to turn the other way. The kids of Spartan Falls Junior High sensed something was different about Cody Matthews.
“Matthews!” A familiar voice shouted. Cody turned around and there was Chad Harper, school bully. Chad was always bigger than Cody and stronger too. Cody turned around and looked up at Chad Harper, but today Chad seemed a little smaller than yesterday despite that he was still taller than Cody. “What the fuck are you looking at, you little piss ant?” Chad then said and walked away. Chad still wanted to fight Cody again. Cody had given him a nice bruise on his chin and Cody knew that there was a price to pay for that…

The last day went pretty much the same for Cody. He couldn’t believe the amount of food he was eating and none of it was cheeseburgers and pizza. Cody had lost his taste for meat but he could still pack it in. He noticed his body seemed to be thinning out a bit and he needed a new pair of shoes again.
Today Cody noticed the shelf in his locker seemed lower and everything felt smaller. Miranda Harris gawked at him during first period. Cody felt a new confidence that he never had before and then he hears...
“Matthews! After school behind the gym! We have a score to settle,” said that jerk Harper. Cody was just sitting at his desk, minding his own business and this shithead had to interrupt his peace. “If you don’t come, I’ll hunt you down!” Cody just ignored him.
Cody went out behind the gym after the final bell rang; he sat on a picnic table waiting for his punishment. Cody knew that he could take a beating as long as the serum was in his system, but what Cody hadn’t realized was that the serum had did its job, everything was now Cody’s new body.
Matthews! You little bastard! Come take your punishment like a man!” Chad Harper said. Chad Harper was the tallest and strongest boy in Cody’s class. All the kids feared Chad Harper. Cody did as Chad said. You didn’t defy Chad Harper in any way; Chad would get you sooner or later.
Cody walked up to Chad and Chad’s eyes widened. Yesterday Cody had to look up to Chad but today the tables were turned. “What the fuck?” Chad said as Cody stood only inches away from him. Chad looked down at Cody’s feet and noticed that he was only wearing simple Chuck Taylors. Chad had on a pair of Nikes. Cody straightened his back, giving him a few more inches of height. Chad felt small all the sudden. “You’ve been taking steroids, Matthews?” Chad finally said. Cody just smirked. “Oh well, the bigger they are, the harder they fall,” Chad said and jumped at Cody with all he had, Cody barely felt it and laughed. Chad stood back for a moment. “What the fuck?” Chad said breathlessly and Cody laughed.
“Are you done yet? I really need to get home, Chad. I really don’t have time for this,” Cody said in a sarcastic way and laughed.
“I don’t know what happened to you this week, but I’m going to find out,” Chad said, humiliated.
“I just had a growth spurt. I can’t help it if I passed you up, little man,” Cody said and Chad huffed. Chad felt defeated but he then decided to take a sucker punch at Cody’s stomach and Cody caught his fist. “Leave me alone Chad. This is the last fight you’ll have with me,” Cody said as he squeezed Chad’s fist, Chad yelped. “I didn’t break anything you baby, but I can if I want to. It’s a good thing your posse isn’t here to witness this or otherwise you won’t be able to step foot in school again. Leave me alone. You won’t have to see me after today, you got it?” Cody said and Chad nodded. Cody let go of Chad’s fist and watched the pathetic little boy stumble away. Cody was happy to have finally won a battle against Chad Harper.

Rescue Me by nancyarcher

Cody Matthews stared at himself in the full length mirror, actually a mirror much longer than full length.  He lifted up his scrub top and admired his newly chiseled stomach.  Cody couldn’t believe that this was the same mousy boy from a week ago.  His shaggy hair even grew and his eyes and skin seemed much clearer.  “No wonder the girls at school were staring at me all week.  Does this happen to everybody when they evolve?” Cody asks the thirty foot giant in the room with him.

Dr. Vincent Gunderson laughs at the boy.  “Yes Cody, it does.  Your body has lost its capabilities to store much fat, everything you consume turns to muscle since our much larger bodies require more.”

“You mean the more I eat, the more I can bulk up?” Cody said, admiring his toned arms.

“Afraid it doesn’t work that way, beside who really wants to be any bigger than they already are,” Vin said to the boy and Cody turned around and smiled at the much larger giant.

“You got a point there, doc,” Cody said as he turned back to the mirror.

“You have a visitor if you’re up for it,” Vin said as he opened the enormous door.  In popped a blond giantess the same age as Cody.  Cody smiles at the reflection looking back at him.

“Lindsey,” Cody said.

“Cody,” Lindsey said as she scooped him up and kissed his head.  “Are you alright?  I heard that Harper boy tried to bully you today.”

“Yeah, but it wasn’t much of a fight, in fact it wasn’t a fight at all,” Cody said as he noticed Dr. Gunderson left.

“I’m glad that they didn’t hurt you,” Lindsey said. 

“I don’t think they’re going to mess with me anymore, Linds,” Cody said and Lindsey gave him a closer look.  To Lindsey and the other giants, they couldn’t notice growth on the human sized person.

“You’ve grown!  I knew you felt a little heavier than normal,” Lindsey joked.  “I’ve had my checkup today and guess what.”

“What Linds?”

“I grew one natural inch of growth.  I’m probably going to be taller than my mom,” Lindsey said.

“Not fair, I’m never going to catch up with you, Linds,” Cody joked and Lindsey laughed.  Cody loved making his giantess laugh…

 

Brad Hester took his secret trail to Gaea House.  He wanted to see his giantess, Allison Hayes.  He had to be careful because of the swimming hole in the woods and with school out for the summer; the kids would surely be making use of it.  Brad didn’t like the looks he would get from the humans and the thoughts they broadcasted.  All were fearful of the enormous Brad.  The locals weren’t aware that the handsome giant was actually that retarded Hester boy, if only they knew the truth.

“Help!  Help!”  Brad heard the small voice yell.  It sounded like someone drowning.  Today Brad had no choice but to make himself seen at the swimming hole.  He quickly walked in that direction which was only a few long strides away for a giant the size of Brad.  Brad couldn’t just move on and ignore the pained cries coming from the swimming hole.

“My baby!” screamed the frantic mother on the other side of the water.  A young boy struggled to keep his head above the water as a current carried him away.  The father swan fruitlessly to rescue his boy but the current just kept dragging him back.  Brad knew the water in the small manmade lake was only twenty feet deep and the current shouldn’t affect him too much.  He pulled off his t-shirt and carefully went into the water so as not to agitate it with his size too much.  The frantic woman and the man were unaware of him till he was close to the struggling child.  The woman froze in fear and the man stopped swimming and stared wide eyed at the giant standing in the lake.  The water only went slightly above Brad’s waist so all they could see was the giant’s chiseled upper body and his angelic face.

“Oh dear God!  It’s one of them,” the woman screeched and her two babies huddled against her.  Brad recognized them as the Powers family.  They went to the same church as Dan and Leah and invited them over for Sunday brunches afterwards.  They were good friends of the Hesters.

Mike Powers watched as the giant scooped his ten year old boy out of the water just as the boy lost his fight with the current.  Mike was unaware of the current and the water took him under as well.  Then he felt himself getting lifted out of the water and moving rather quickly.

Brad acted fast as he brought both the humans to the beach area.  Jane Powers hid from the giant with her twin girls, but she kept her eye on the giant that was bigger than any she had seen before.  Brad gently laid both the small humans on the sand.  He stayed on his hands and knees.   Mike Powers coughed out the excessive water but the boy wasn’t breathing.  The woman was nowhere to be found and the man was of no use at the moment, it was up to Brad to save the boy’s life.

Brad carefully laid the boy on his back and began CPR with his index finger.  Brad had to be very careful so as not to cause any more harm.  After a few small squeezes, the boy came to and started coughing.  Brad then gently flipped him on his side so that the water may drain out of his lungs.

Mike Powers watched in awe as the gentle giant saved his son’s life.  The giant seemed familiar to him, like he knew him from somewhere.

“Dad…” Robby Powers chocked out.

“I-I’m here, sport,” Mike said to his son as he crawled over to his boy.  Mike Powers looked up at the sad blue eyes watching them.  Jane stood behind a tree with the girls.  “You saved my son’s life,” Mike then managed to say to the giant looking down at them.  The giant smiled.

“Glad I could be of help,” Brad whispered shyly.  He looks to the tree where the woman and her twin girls were hiding.  Brad looked hurt.  Jane Powers had always treated the disabled Bradley Hester with kindness and cookies, but giant Brad was a different story.  Mike noticed this.

“Janie, come on out.  I don’t think he means us any harm.  He saved Robby’s life,” Mike said to his wife.  Jane Powers slowly came out from behind the tree holding the hands of the two girls.  Jessica and Jordan Powers huddled behind their mother; they didn’t want the giant to see them.  Jane looked up at the giant’s face.  The giant reminded her of an angel in a renaissance painting.  The giant had sad and soulful blue eyes, eyes that looked familiar to Jane Powers.

“W-W-What’s your name giant?  I want to know who my hero is,” Jane said.

“Bradley Hester,” the giant said and Jane’s jaw dropped.

“Bradley Hester, as in Dan’s disabled brother,” Mike managed to say.

“Yes,” Brad said shyly and turned his gaze away from the humans.  “I no longer have Downs since I’ve evolved.”

“You’re big,” Jane managed to blurt out and Brad gave her a sad glance.  Jane felt bad all the sudden.  “I-I-I’m sorry, Brad.”

“Don’t be, this is who I am now.  I was on my way to see my girlfriend when I heard your cries,” Brad said.

“You have a girlfriend?” Jane said.  “Is she…”

“A giantess,” Brad said and nodded.

“Bradley Hester,” Jane said with a smile.  “Good for you!”  Brad blushed.

“Mom, Dad,” Robby said.

“Oh Jesus!  Robby, I forgot,” Jane said as she went to her boy.  “We should take him to the ER to see if he’s going to be alright.”

“Good idea,” Mike agreed.  Mike tried to pick his boy up.  Brad gladly helped take Robby to the van and Mike loaded him in. 

“Promise you won’t tell anyone about me,” Brad said.  Jane grabbed his index finger as he moved his hand gently away.  She squeezed his finger the way you would squeeze someone’s hand to assure them.  She smiled up at Brad.

“We promise,” Jane and Mike said in unison.  “You are a friend.  We would never take our words back on a friend,” Jane then said.  “Although I would like to see you again so we can really find out if you giants are as smart as they say.”

Brad smiled….

 

Allison ran to her giant and Brad picked her up and kissed her deeply. 

“You’re wet,” she tells Brad as she comes up for air.  Brad smiled at his little monkey girl that had her legs wrapped around his waist.  Allison loved that shining smile.

“I took a swim in the lake,” Brad responded.  Allison laughed.

“That lake is too shallow for you.”

“Not for the drowning boy and the human man I saved.”

“You made yourself known?  That’s not like my shy giant, but to save lives is.  Did they run scared?”  Allison asked.

“No, they were kind to me.  They were some old friends of Dan and Leah.”

“Old friends, did they know who you were?” Allison asked looking into that warm blue gaze.  Brad just held her.  Brad could hold his giantess for hours.

“Not until I told them.”

“You told them?  That is nothing like my shy giant,” Allison said as their foreheads meet.

“I am not afraid anymore.  They promised not to tell and I believe them,” Brad said.  Allison caressed Brad’s cheeks and went in for another kiss.  The sparks between them told Allison that Brad was her lifelong partner.  Allison loved her giant.

Brad took Allison into her hangar home and sat her down on the couch.

“Goliath, the news please,” Allison said and the large movie theater screen sized flat screen flipped on.  They were at Spartan Falls Hospital and a reporter approached a shocked Mike Powers.

“We are standing here at Spartan Falls ER with Mike Powers, a man who claims that a giant saved him and his son from drowning at Spartan Lake,” the reporter said.

“I thought they weren’t going to tell,” Ally said, looking up into Brad eyes.

“Yes ma’am, I will not reveal the identity of the giant but I feel that the Spartan Falls community needs to know that the giants mean us no harm,” Mike Powers tells the reporter.

“You’ve heard the rumors that Harper Industries is trying to shut down the local Gaea House?” the reporter asks.

“Yes ma’am and I think it’s a huge mistake.  No pun intended for our giant friends out there,” Mike Powers said with a charming smile. 

“If it wasn’t for that giant today, I would be a grieving widow and mourning mother.  I think it’s wrong to put a bunch of laws and rules on the giants.  They don’t want to hurt us,” Jane Powers came on camera saying.

“Mr. and Mrs. Powers, are you afraid of evolving yourself?” the reporter who was a woman in her fifties asks.

“No, as long as there are places like Gaea House to help us, we are not afraid,” Jane answers.  The reporter turns to the camera.

“You heard that correctly folks, not only did a giant save a boy and his father’s life, but also performed CPR on the child.  Maybe these giants aren’t so bad…” 

“Looks like you made us all some friends,” Ally said as she snuggled into Brad.  “Harper Industries have been getting aggressive with trying to shut us down.  This is positive for us.”

“Alex won’t let that happen,” Brad said as he ran his hand through Allison’s dark thick curls.

“I hope not,” Allison replied….

“That’s horseshit Dan,” Alex Anderson says to the small man standing on his desk.  “That asshole is trying to market Titan XL5 as an osteoporosis drug.  He has no clue yet what happens when you evolve.  He’s one of us whether he knows it or not.  Human laws won’t apply to him either once the world finds out.”

“You’ve said it yourself, Alex.  The human race has an expiration date.  Geologists are finding shifts in the earth’s crust, but the giants have determined that the planet is beginning a slow expansion.  Maybe if we go public with this...” Dan said looking up at the giant sitting behind his desk.

“They already hate us, Dan.  I know we have friends among the humans but not enough.  We have lost so many of our brothers and sisters due to human prejudice.  Your kind will not like us telling the truth,” Alex said and Dan looked hurt.  He was one of the few humans allowed into the giants’ inner sanctum.  Dan knew it was because of his family, but he liked to think that his friendship with the giants has a lot to do with it.

“I’m so sorry Dan…  I didn’t mean it that way,” Alex said.

“It’s all right, Alex.  We don’t even know for sure if Harper’s version is made completely right.  Roderick Cowell is the only one who can answer that and unfortunately he can’t talk right now,” Dan said.

“The serum is the only option to keep him alive.  Calvin broke him pretty bad.  Robin is getting ready to inject him.  Adam said that Sven Lindquist has a theory regarding the serum and growth and I’m beginning to think that the Swede is on to something,” Alex said and stared off for a moment.  Lindquist is starting his evolution.  Adam and I have taken him to the clinic.  I think he has finally made his peace.  Molly’s voice played through Alex’s thoughts.

“What is it?” Dan asks, knowing that look the giants get when they communicate.

“Lindquist is evolving,” Alex answered.  Dan felt disappointment.  Dan was ready to move on to the next phase of his life but everybody around him seems to be the ones changing, even unworthy ones like Sven Lindquist, criminal…

 

“Ready Robin?” Ally asks the woman with the syringe.

“Ready, are you sure this is right?” Robin asks looking up at the petite giantess.

“It’s our only option.  There is too much internal damage and we need this man’s mind,” Ally answered.  “His breathing is becoming shallow.”  Being a giant meant there was no reliability on monitors and machines to detect human heartbeats and breathing.  Ally felt Roderick’s life slipping away.

Robin injected the fluid into the bandaged man’s arm and Ally all the sudden felt his breath become stronger and his heart beating stronger.  Roderick Cowell is going to be all right…

 

“What do we do now?” Melinda asks Steve.  “We have two men undeserving of this giant life.  Are we going to imprison them for their wrong doings?”

Melinda James has grown into a twenty-seven foot, six inch giantess.  Her tattoos and freckles all disappeared; her body is now long and slender other than the baby bump.  Her hair is now the same blood red color as Steve’s and Tommy’s.  Melinda felt right to Steve who had loved his wife even before she became a giantess.

“They’ll change in more than just size, darling,” Steve said put his arm around her.  Melinda watched Tommy play with his cars.  One of his ‘cars’ were Steve and Melinda’s old minivan.  Melinda couldn’t believe they were ever that small.  She then looked at the old pictures they had blown up on the wall.  It’s hard to believe that those were the same people as the giants.  Tommy was the only one that looked the same.  “Look at us.  We are not the same people we used to be,” Steve then said.

Melinda cuddled into her strong husband.  “We are still the same people,” Melinda whispered.  “It’s just the packaging has gotten prettier.”  Steve embraced his beautiful wife….

The Only by nancyarcher

Cody Matthews pedaled down the country road towards Gaea House.  He felt uncomfortable.  His knit cap felt tight on his head, his legs of his jean felt like they have been riding up all day as well as the sleeves of his sweatshirt.  It didn’t help either that he had been slouching down the majority of the week on top of wearing unseasonable warm clothes to hide his newly changing body.  His bike seat was up as far as it would go and Cody felt cramped.  Hunger pangs gnawed at his stomach and Cody didn’t have far until the entrance to the property.

Cody got off his bike and looked down at it and sighed.  Cody loved his bike, it was his freedom to go wherever he wanted and now his bike felt small.  In fact a lot of things Cody loved felt too small except his mother who despite the fact that she looked like a child, towered over Cody.  Everybody at Gaea House pretty much towered over Cody except maybe a few techs and they didn’t count.  Even the Operation Titan baby was bigger than Cody and scary to him as well.  Cody didn’t know what to make of him, but the infant seemed unusually gentle.  All the children of Titan seemed unusually gentle around their human handlers.

Cody put his bike along with his knit cap in the ditch; he had no use for them anymore.  He held his backpack by the straps and checked to see if he had anything left in his thermos, just enough to hold him over.  Cody didn’t care too much for the liquid part of his diet but the shakes did the job.  He guzzled down what he had left and felt fullness once again.

“Going to see your girlfriend, Matthews?” said a familiar voice as the red convertible pulled up next to him.  Cody ignored Derek Harper.  “You beat up my brother and now you need to pay!”

Derek Harper stopped his car and got out.  Cody just stood there slouched over; he didn’t want Derek to notice.  Cody felt empowered to stand up to Derek instead of running.  “I didn’t do anything to Chad,” Cody said in a timid voice.  “He started it anyway.”

“Look Matthews, I’m not in the mood for any of your shit!” Derek said as he walked around the car.  “I’ve had it up to here with your bastard shit!  Don’t you dare yell for your girlfriend either and just take it…”  Derek went speechless the closer he got to the slouching Cody.  “What the fuck Matthews?  You’ve been taking steroids?” Derek asked as his six foot frame stood eye to eye with the slouching Cody Matthews.  Cody gave him a smirk and straightens his back.  Derek’s eyes followed upward.  “What the fuck?”

Cody Matthews stood taller than a grown man now, he felt really empowered by his new size.  “I’ll tell you what I told your tiny brother, leave me alone,” Cody said with a smile that just made Derek angry.  He cocked his fist and aimed for Cody’s face, Cody grabbed Derek’s fist in much the same way he grabbed Chad’s.  He squeezed but only enough to not break it.  Cody’s hand covered Derek’s fist.  Derek felt helpless as the thirteen year old boy has control now.

“You’re one of those freak kids that my uncle has been rambling on about.  The crazy old man turned himself into one of you,” Derek mumbled…

Molly Martin and Aaron Smith overheard a conversation.  It was Cody Matthews and some strange human.  Cody was running late and the giants were all getting worried about the boy.  I knew Steve and Vin shouldn’t have let the boy finish out school. Aaron broadcasted to Molly.  Molly nodded.

    Looks like I’m going to have to work my magic.  Molly broadcasted to Aaron and he nodded back.  Both the giants knew they had to be quick.  They didn’t want to be spotted by another passing car.

Derek Harper’s jaw went agape as he watched the young boy’s eyes slowly move upward and felt his hand get bigger against his fist.  Cody just smiled as he felt Derek get smaller in his grasp.  “Jesus Matthews…” Derek was at a loss for words when he witnessed the small growth spurt.   Cody’s stomach growled as the effects of the shake wore off.  Growing always left Cody even hungrier than before and the growth spurts became pretty sporadic and also varied from an inch to a half.  Usually the major growth spurts happened when Cody was resting.  Those could range from one to three inches.  Cody’s growth came much quicker than the rest of the Titan children. Cody laughed as he looked down at Derek Harper.  Cody guessed that he had at least four inches of height on the little fool.

  “Leave me alone, Derek.  I don’t want to fight you.  I don’t think that would be fair considering that I am bigger, quicker and smarter than you,” Cody said with a smile.  Those words played through Cody’s head.  Never did he think he would ever be those things to the Harper boys, but here he is, all those things and then some.

Cody was taken aback when a large dark hand scooped him up and the next thing he could see was the woods surrounding the property.  “Careful son, we can’t risk too many people noticing,” said a voice that Cody knew well as Lindsey’s dad.  Cody turned around and looked up at the smiling brown eyes.  Aaron Smith looked too young to be Lindsey’s dad but he was.  Flawless bronze skin and dark curly hair, Aaron Smith looked more like he could be Lindsey’s older brother instead of her dad.

Aaron stopped so he could wait on Molly.  It was dangerous for the giants to be where people could see them.  There have been quite a few car accidents near the property of curious passers-by looking to spot a giant or giantess, like they were caged animals.  He looked down at the precious cargo in his hands, his daughter’s ‘only’ as the giants like to call them.  The only was a term the giants called their mates.  All giants had a connection to one another, but the only was much different.  The only can feel their mates every emotion and thought much like identical twins can finish each other’s sentences.  Lindsey may act like her old teenage self at times but she was mature enough to attach to her only and her only happens to be Cody Matthews.

“That was close, Francis.  I think I got his mind cleaned out of all this except I was getting pictures of Calvin Harper.   They were very disturbing.  Images of him beating on that Swede popped up quite a few times.  No wonder the SOB sought our help,” Molly said to Aaron.

“My crow has told me that the man speaks the truth, but it’s better that we’ve kept him detained.  Humans can be so unpredictable,” Aaron said to the giantess.  Cody couldn’t believe the way they talked sometimes.  Cody still thought of himself as a human even though giant’s blood ran through his veins now.  He hasn’t experienced telepathy yet.  Lindsey could read his thoughts but he couldn’t read hers.  His body felt stronger and his mind clearer but he still didn’t feel all that much different except maybe taller.  He noticed his diet changed a bit as he had grown accustom to the shakes and vegetables, other than that, he still felt he was human.

“We need get you to Ally,” Aaron tells the boy in his hands.  “You look bigger than you did this morning.”  Giants were never the best judge of size until the humans grew into the ten foot range; that was when the giants started noticing the difference…  

 

 

“Six foot, four inches,” Allison said to Cody.  “You’ve grown over a foot in a week.  That’s a major change in a week’s time.  Some of the Titan children saw no growth in their first week.  I think Titan XL5 combined with your puberty is causing the change to rapidly occur.  How have you been managing your hunger, Cody?”

“I’ve been drinking shakes whenever I feel it coming on.  I probably drink about six to seven shakes a day,” Cody said.

“I can’t even believe it Ms. Hayes,” said Cody’s mom who resembled an eight foot five year old.  He is changing so much differently than I am and he’s growing like a weed.”

“Natural evolution works differently from the Titan XL5.  It was created by the DNA of our pregnant test subjects whose evolution was far more different, Katherine.  I know your pain.  I hated going through my childhood all over again,” Allison tells the new giantess.  “According to your blood test Cody, you are now officially a giant; there is no more human blood or trances of Titan XL5 in your system.  Now we will have to monitor your rapidly changing body.”

Allison said a few things into her custom headset about Cody’s progress.  Goliath X5 stored all the information into the system.  Giant who was once a professional computer hacker in his ‘past life’ helped Alex Anderson develop the system for the giant’s use only.  The system was programed only to detect the pitch of the user’s voice and that voice had to be naturally loud.  Goliath X5 was made to be unhackable…

 

 

  Sven sat in his ‘carney cage’ as he called it.  Suspended several feet into the air and hanging from a chain attached to the hangar ceiling.  Sven took his time to think.  He watched as that fool Morgan made a spectacle of himself in front of the giant and giantess that lived in this hangar.  Sven feared the two giants.  The giantess manipulated Morgan into doing her bidding with just a mere mention and the giant could sense the truth.  Sven stayed quiet and watched Morgan and his dumb ass throw the food that the giants gave them, which was generous for prison food and he would disrupt the peace of the hangar with his outburst.  It’s no wonder the giantess gave the asshole chores against his will.  After the influence wore off, Morgan would then bitch about feeling sore unaware of the work the giantess made him do.  Sven couldn’t really blame her.

Sven was sick of running and couldn’t believe his cowardly and criminal behavior led him to this unbreakable prison.  Even if he wasn’t all beat to hell, Sven knew the dangers of escaping the cage alone.  The chain went to a smooth ceiling and there was not enough blankets to tie together to make a rope that could get him safely to the ground.  It was no use.

The brown skinned giant they all call Francis came in after the giantess that lived there. “Adam,” the giantess called out.  Sven knew the names of the three giants as Adam, Molly and Aaron.  They were big and wore those clothes that all the giants wore.  Sometimes it was scrubs or workout type clothes and they never wore any shoes.  The giants had no need for shoes and sometimes even took the Adam and Eve approach to clothing.  In a way, these creatures grew out of their shame.  Sven suspected that they only wore clothes to please their human counterparts.

“I’m here Molly,” the giant known as Adam responded.  He came out wearing what looked like boxer-briefs, coal black hair trailing loosely past his broad shoulders.  Sven envied these creatures because they didn’t have to spend hours at a gym to look like that.

 “What is it?”

“Roderick Cowell,” Aaron said seriously.  “Calvin Harper has nearly beaten him to death.  Molly and I found him in a stream at the park.  Ally and Vin think the only way to save him is to administer Titan XL5.”

“They need you to watch over him at the clinic, at least till he comes around,” Molly said.

“Why give him the serum?” Adam asked in an irritated tone.  “That’s one of the bastards responsible for this mess.”

Sven knew the reason the giants left him alone is because he told them the truth and he stayed quiet in his little canary cage.  Sven wasn’t going to give in to the vulgar behavior that Morgan resorted to.  Sven also knew they left him alone because he didn’t have a hand in creating the serum like Morgan and Cowell did.

“Why don’t they just inject the Swedish meatball while they’re at it,” Adam growled.

“We’re not that way, honey,” Molly said as she touched his shoulder.  Adam calmed down under her touch like he always did.  Molly was his only.

“I know,” Adam quietly said.

“Cowell will evolve slower than normal because of the injuries,” Sven blurted out.  Sven cowered when he realized what just did.  Molly and Adam look up at the cage.

“You Scandinavian bastard!” Franklin Morgan yelled.

Molly caught Franklin’s eyes with hers.  Franklin stood frozen in a trance.  “You will be quiet little man.  I’m not going to hear one more word out of your mouth for the rest of the night,” Molly said calmly.  “You will not hear anything said either,” Molly then said as Franklin stayed captured in her brown gaze.

“Explain Lindquist,” Adam said to the tall Viking looking human.

“It’s no secret that Calvin Harper suffers from a rare bone disorder that literally causes his bones  to break easily.  I told you that the last time I saw Harper he was only eight feet tall,” Sven said and Adam nodded.  “Well, I’ve observed that one of your Titan children has recently fully grown to the height that child should be for a giant.  That child was injected with the serum after Calvin and yet this child makes Calvin look like a shrimp.  I have a theory that the more injured and diseased the body is, the slower the growth.”

“That actually makes sense, Adam,” Molly says.  All the sudden the small blond man started to sweat.

“I don’t feel so good.   It hit me all at once,” Sven said.  Adam knew that the Swede wasn’t lying.  He reached in the cage and pulled out the small man.

“We need to get you to Dr. Gunderson,” Adam said to Sven who was lying on his hand.

Molly touched Adam’s shoulder again.  “I think he really wants to change now,” Molly whispers in Adams ear…

 

Aaron Smith went to his special places, the clearing in the woods.  He sat Indian style and concentrated on changing his brain waves.  His eyes closed and his mind calm, Aaron summoned a hawk.  A bird of prey will do properly as my watcher over the bullies.  Aaron thought to himself.  “Watch over Derek and Chad Harper.   Let me know if they ever mention Cody Matthews, my friend,” Aaron tells the hawk and the hawk screeches.  “Be safe,” he then tell the bird as it flies off into the sky….

 

Little People, Big World by nancyarcher

Mike and Jane Powers decided it was high time they visited the Hester farm.  Robby had been feeling better and the twins couldn’t wait to see Josh.  They pulled up the drive in their minivan and noticed that the old farm house wasn’t there anymore and in its place stood a fifty-five foot cinder block building painted yellow to look homey with decorative shutters around the windows.  The front door was about forty feet and even the greenery around the structure was very big.  Mike and Jane Powers felt like they just pulled up into another world.

“They must have done this for Brad,” Jane said trying to be the voice of reason.

“You’re probably right, honey.  Knowing Dan, he didn’t want to have Brad taken away again,” Mike said to his wife as they pulled up next to Dan’s Beemer.

“Huh?  They must’ve gotten rid of the minivan,” Jane said, noticing the missing vehicle.

“Either that or Jane had to go to town for something,” Mike said.

“No matter, we’re here to see Brad and thank him for his bravery,” Jane said with a smile.  The aroma of twelve dozen freshly baked chocolate chip cookies filled the minivan.  Jane had spent her morning baking the one thing she knew Brad liked, her chocolate chip cookies.  Jane hoped she baked enough for a giant.

“Was he a big giant, Mom?  Not like that one we just saw in town?”  Robby asks. 

“He was enormous honey.  That giant in town was probably ten feet tall,” Jane answers her son.  “Brad looks different now.  He’s still the same person inside; it’s just that he looks different on the outside.”

“Brad is a good guy,” Robby says as he thinks about the man-child that would come over every Sunday after church.

“Yes he is, sweetie,” Jane replies.

Mike, Jane, and Robby each held large platters of cookie as they walked up to the large front door.  Cut in the center of the gigantic door was a regular size door and to one side of the gigantic door was a doorbell.  Five year old Jordan Powers rang the bell.  The regular door opened to Dan Hester.

“Dan!  We haven’t seen you in church lately,” Jane said and Dan smiled.

“Been busy, got a growing family to contend with and learning a lot of new laws,” Dan responded.  Jane could be a little much at times but Dan thought of her as a sister.

“Janie!  That’s not a way to say hello to an old friend,” Mike corrected his wife.  Dan liked Mike.  Mike was always one of the kindest hearted people he has ever known.  Dan couldn’t help but smile.

“It’s so good to see you,” Dan said as he stepped out to help Mike with the cookies.  “Brad told me that he ran into you at the swimming hole.”

“Extraordinary brother of yours!  Is he here?  I want to give him a proper thank you for saving mine and Robby’s life,” Mike said with a warm smile.

“He’s here with his girlfriend, but there is something that you and Jane need to know before entering my new home.  It’s Leah…” Dan said quietly.

“Her too,” Jane said and Dan nodded.  “She’s a giantess?”

“Yes…If it wasn’t for Gaea House.  They’re the ones who built our replacement house and they help with our food issues,” Dan said, looking sad.

“What about Josh?” Jane asks.

“He’s away right now,” Dan simply answered, telling a white lie.  Josh was away today.  Steve came and got him that morning so Josh could spend a day at Gaea House with his new best friend, Tommy James.

“It’s for the best, Dan.  You don’t have time to take care of him with running that law practice of yours,” Jane said trying to sound supportive and Dan just nodded.  There was no way he was going to tell the Powers that his son is now a sixteen foot giant child or that their old minivan sits on a self in Josh’s room with the rest of his playthings that happens to be gutted out old cars from the junkyard. 

“He’s staying with some friends.  I still get to see him every day,” Dan just said.

“You and Leah always had a good support group of friends, Dan,” Mike said, giving him a kind smile.

“Well, come on in.  Leah will be so happy to see you.  She’s been trying to go back into the swing of things since her long stay at Gaea House,” Dan said as he held open the door. 

The twins huddled close to Jane.  Dan could pick up on the girls’ fear.  Both of them looked like they were ready to enter the lions’ den.  Robby seemed like the only one comfortable with the situation.  Jane seemed unsure while Mike had that same go with the flow attitude he always had.  Mike, Jane and Robby had three large throwaway platters of chocolate chip cookies, the equivalent of one cookie for a thirty-five foot giant like Brad.

“Leah, we have visitors,” Dan said in his normal tone of voice.

“She can hear you?”  Mike asks.

“Oh yes, her and Brad can hear a pin drop.  It’s not just their appearance that gets enhanced,” Dan says.

“I read that giants are also super smart,” Robby said, putting his two cents in.  Dan just smiles.

“That right, Robby.  The bigger they get, the smarter they get but they are still the same people they once were,” Dan says.

The Powers feel the foundation shake under large loud footsteps.  A pair of long shapely feminine legs comes into view.  The Powers all look up past the blue baggy dress to see the smiling face of the giantess.

“Hello, Mike, Jane, Robby, Jordan and Jess,” says a familiar voice with that familiar smile.  The giantess gets down on her knees so that the humans can get a better look.  A matching blue ribbon pulls back her long dark lustrous hair just like Alice in Wonderland.  The blue matched her clear shining eyes.

“H-H-Hello L-L-Leah,” Jane managed to get out.  A frown played on the giantess’ youthful features.

“Don’t be afraid of me, Janie.  I’m still the same Leah Hester, only bigger,” said the giantess.

“And younger, fitter… Wow, Leah,” Jane managed to spit out, a smile played on the giantess’ lips once again.

“The pains of evolution,” Leah joked.

“We’re here to see Brad,” Robby tells the giantess.  Leah felt at ease with the boy.  Robby Powers had no fear in his thoughts, just curiosity.  Leah gives him a warm smile.

“He’s in the living room, Robby,” Leah says.  “It’s that way,” Leah said pointing in the direction of the living room.  “You want me to take those cookies for you?”

“No, I want to give them to Brad myself.  I want to thank him for saving my life,” the brave ten year old said.  Leah smiles at him and offers to take the platters from his parents.  Mike and Jane were more than grateful to be relieved of the heavy platters.  Jane shook when she put the platter in Leah’s palm.  Jessica and Jordan clung to their mother, still fearful of the giantess. 

“You don’t need to be afraid of me, girls.  I won’t hurt you,” Leah said softly.  “It pains me to see that you are frightened of me.”  Leah looked hurt by the five year old twins who used to always attack her with hugs and now they are frightened of the giantess.  Jane could see that Leah was genuinely hurt.

“Just give them some time, Leah.  This is all new to them,” Mike said.

“I understand,” Leah says, still hurt by the twins’ action.  Both Mike and Jane felt bad for their now giantess friend.

 

Robby Powers found the living room of the gigantic home.  A giant with short blond curly hair and a careless smile sat on a large sofa with a dark haired giantess sitting next to him.  The giantess lean into his chest and the giant lazily runs his fingers through her thick curls.  The giantess’ doe eyes look down at the boy and she smiles.  Robby knew Brad even without his old deformities.  The shape of his eyes may have changed but the same soulful expression was still there.  Even without his protruding tongue, Robby knew that lazy smile anywhere.  Even the handsome features couldn’t hide Brad’s somewhat shy demeanor.

“Hi Brad, I wanted to thank you for saving my life,” Robby said with a lopsided smile.  Brad looked surprised; he couldn’t believe that Robby recognized him.  He was barely conscious that day at the lake, but he still knew who Brad was.  Robby held out the platter of cookie.

“So your mom baked her delicious cookies for me,” Brad said in a voice that Robby didn’t recognize.  The voice sounded perfect and deep unlike the way Brad used to talk.

“Yes, Leah has the other two platters.  Mom remembered how much you always liked her cookies,” Robby says.  Brad reached down and gently took the platter from Robby’s hands.

“Thank you, Robby,” Brad said as he gently lifted the plastic wrap from the platter.  “Your mom always made the best cookies.”

“Who’s the little man, Brad,” the giantess asks giving Robby a wink of her eye.

“This is my friend, Robby Powers.  Robby, this is my only, Allison Hayes,” Brad says.

“Your only?  You mean like a girlfriend?” Robby asks the giant with the lazy smile.

“Something like that,” Brad responded, aware that the humans don’t always understand the giants’ terms for things.

“Call me Ally.  All my friends call me Ally,” the giantess says with a warm smile.  Robby smiles back at her.

Robby notices that the giantess seems much smaller than Brad as Brad kept lazily running his hand through her hair.  Even his bare feet looked much larger.  Allison wore a simple white dress while Brad wore something that resembled track pants and a t-shirt.  The two looked at peace with each other.  What Robby didn’t know was that the giants attach themselves to their soul mate.  Giants are sort of touchy feely when it comes to their mate.  Brad never wanted to let go of Allison nor she him, a giant’s love ran deep.  Robby smiles at the beautiful couple and they smile back.  Little did Robby know that within less than twenty four hours, he is going to be thrust into the world of giants when his father becomes ill…

 

Back at Gaea House in Alpha Hangar Two, Melinda James was getting a small taste of the world of multiple kids.  Her giant son had a play date planned; actually it was a last minute thing when Leah had a strong feeling that turned out to be right.  The Hesters ended up having surprise guest and Melinda was kind enough to plan a play date.

She feed the boys their lunch of raw vegetables and supplemental shakes.  She never thought in a million years that her boy would be eating vegetables without complaints but ever since evolving, that was all Tommy ever wanted.

“Okay guys, you go to Tommy’s room and play for a bit,” Melinda said to the boys.

“Okay Mom,” Tommy said and both the boys went to Tommy’s bedroom.  “I got to show you my new car.  It’s an Audi,” Tommy said to his friend Josh.

“Cool,” Josh replied.  Melinda couldn’t hold back her smile.

Then Melinda felt two strong arms snake around her waist and felt the peck of a kiss on the back of her neck.  Soon we’ll have this every day.  The house doesn’t seem as quiet with two of them around.  Steve’s thoughts tickled her mind.

I worry about the prejudice humans.  It’s sure going too hard for them.  Emma told me that congress wants to pass a bill to get all giants ‘sterilized.’  Sometimes I wonder if Hitler is still alive.  Melinda sent her thoughts back to her husband.

That’s impossible and they know it.  We’re not totally passive creatures.  They can give us all the laws they want, but how do you stop the natural course of things?  They don’t like us because we’re closer to the sky.  Let’s not worry about what a few humans think of us, let’s enjoy being who we are.  Steve broadcasted and Melinda turned around and looked up at the man she loves. 

“I do enjoy being who we are,” she whispered and Steve leaned down and put his mouth on hers…

Growth and Prejudice by nancyarcher

Roderick Cowell stirs awake to the sight of a giant ten year old blond boy.  There was something familiar to Roderick about this giant.  “Lindquist…”  Roderick moaned.

“Roddy?  How do you feel?”  The giant boy asks.

“I should be dead,” Roderick then moaned out.  The event that led Roderick to this moment played in his head, the nine foot once elderly man, throwing him across the room when Roderick couldn’t tell him where Lindquist was.  Then the giant took his arm and squeezed until the pain became unbearable after finding out his last injection was a placebo.  The giant shook him and beat him like a ragdoll.  Roderick wasn’t hasty enough to make an escape; he had to just take it.

“That sadistic bastard,” the giant child muttered.  “He tried to beat you to death.”

“How am I not dead?  Where am I anyway?”

“You’re at Gaea House.  You’re safe here and among friends,” Sven said with sad eyes.  “The others found you in the woods.  You were dying.”

There was something different about Sven Lindquist other than the evolution.  Something humane about him that wasn’t there before.  The Roderick realized something about himself, he wasn’t wearing glasses and he could see clearly.

“They administered Titan XL5 on you.  It was the only way they could heal you.  They want answers and you’re the only one who can give them,” Sven said.

“Titan XL5?  You mean the serum?”  Roderick asked.  He noticed that he could move his arm but there was only a dull pain and the bruises looked faded.  The serum must have healed him but he didn’t feel any bigger.

“It can heal, just like it did Calvin before he started to grow.  Calvin inflicted a lot of damage on you.  You were bleeding internally and you had a brain hemorrhage.  Your body has been healing itself these past three week and there is still more healing that needs to be done.  All the internal damage is healed and your nearsightedness fixed.  You’re still five foot six and you won’t be going through a second childhood like I am,” Sven said with a lopsided smile. 

Roderick felt a tingle in his legs and Sven read it in his thoughts.  “You’re paraplegic now.  There was quite a bit of spinal damage done as well.  The serum is healing that as well,” Sven said.

“I can’t walk?”

“Only for now, the x-rays keep changing.  Your spine is mending but the process is slow.  We give you about a week and you should be back on your feet again,” Sven said with a smile.  “The others do want to talk to you as soon as you feel up to it though.  They seem to think you must’ve missed some element in the process of the serum you injected into Calvin.”

“I’m not sure when that will be,” Roderick said sadly.

“They don’t hate you for what you have done, Roddy.  They want to know what went wrong.  The people and children that have evolved aren’t violent like Calvin,” Sven said.

“How are they, Sven?”

“From my experience so far, I see things differently.  I’m not a selfish or self-centered as I once was.  Certain things don’t matter anymore.  I feel stronger and much smarter.  It’s like I’m learning all the answers to humanity’s problem.  It’s weird but I’m not the same person anymore.  I’m much more forgiving and calm with the instincts of an animal,” Sven explained.  “Trust me, it’s not so bad.”

 

Jane sat in the office of Steven James with tears flowing from her eyes.  The poor woman was beside herself.  Jane never thought much of the newly evolved; she stayed ignorant to their ways because she felt that they had no place in the human world.  That was until she met the new and improved Bradley Hester who happened to save her son’s and her husband’s lives.

Dan Hester acted as proxy for the giants.  Whenever a difficult case came that Steven knew the humans involved didn’t feel comfortable around the giants, he called in Dan Hester.  Some humans couldn’t accept that their world is about to change and Jane Powers was one of those people.  Dan sat with her on the balcony area of Steve’s office with papers to sign for the children involving the administration of Titan XL5.

“Your day will came, Jane.  More people are reporting to us every day.  We just want to make sure you’re going to be ready.  Mike has been admitted into Gaea House and will stay until he feels he’s ready.  If he wishes to return home, The Gaea Foundation will fund in the rebuilding of a new home just like the one Leah and I have now.  I suggest you take advantage of this because it’s only a matter of time,” Dan explains.

“How’s it like Dan?  Living around…them?”

“It’s not really that bad.  Leah and I have actually grown closer in our marriage.  They are still the same people you know and love, only improved.  They are the future of humanity.  I’m not saying it’s always going to be peachy because it’s not.  Leah and I still have our moments at times but most of the time we are pretty happy.”

“What about Josh?  Does he know his Mom is a…giant,” Leah whispered the last word like it was something awful.  Dan gives her a small smile.

“That’s another matter we need to discuss, the children.  I’ll warn you first hand that what I’m about to tell you is top secret,” Dan said, pulling out graphs of the earth and the surrounding planets.  “There is a reason for all this sudden evolution.  The earth and the atmosphere are gradually changing.  The vegetation is getting larger and the air is getting thinner.  The earth itself is literally growing and the sun is getting closer.”

“What does this have to do with all this madness?”

“We are going to be extinct in another twenty years if we don’t evolve.  Our children won’t be allowed outside and they’ll end up living in a literal bubble because of these changes.  The newly evolved are not just smarter and stronger, their skin is UV resistant which is why they look so young and their lungs are made to adapt to the thinning air.  Everything about them is made to withstand a catastrophe that will render us reliable on machinery to keep us alive.”

“Why hasn’t anyone said anything about this before?”

“Because it’s simple; the giants know that the humans are prejudice of them.  That is why I’m their proxy.  I’m here to help you in anyway,” Dan said.  “Do you want to know the truly top secret part of all this?”

“Why all the secrets Dan?”  Jane asked her old friend.

“If the humans knew their secrets, there would be a war against the giants and let’s face it Jane, the humans aren’t the smartest species on the planet anymore,” Dan said.  Tears still fell from Jane’s eyes.

“You’re telling me that I’m going to join Mike and become like him while my children will be left behind?”

“There is already being places built for those that don’t evolve but there is an alternative,” Dan said, trying his best to ease into the topic of the serum.

“An alternative?”  Jane asks while drying her tears.

Dan pulled out the forms printed on red paper, ‘the special forms’ as they are referred to.  “Since Mike is no longer going to be able to be the father he once was to the kids and there in no known cure for this and let’s face it, there isn’t going to be.  These papers explain the alternative.  If you agree to this, I’d like you to meet someone, if you do not, Gaea Foundation will built a place specially made to accommodate the kids with environmental control and high grade UV protection windows,” Dan explained as Jane read the red papers explaining in laymen’s terms what Titan XL5 is and how it works.

“They have grown children with this stuff?”  Jane asked still unsure.

“Successfully, it’s made to trick the DNA into changing.  It can work in adults as well,” Dan responded.

“Is this why Josh wasn’t at the house?”

“I can’t tell you unless you sign those forms.  This is highly sensitive information, but in my opinion it beats having your children in a bubble for thirty years,” Dan said, giving her a knowing smile.

“Can I get injected with this stuff?”

“We only want to administer it to the children for now.  You will change on your own like most of the giants here have,” Dan said.

“Makes sense, I guess,” Jane said and signed ‘the special forms.’  “I don’t know if the twins are going to like this?”

“We give the children some say in the matter; just because you give your consent doesn’t mean the kids have to do it.”

“I understand it’s a big step.  Can I call you if I ever need any advice?”  Jane asked and Dan smiled.

“I’m all ears Jane.  Now, would you like to meet someone special?”

“Sure,” Jane says with a smile.

The giant door to the office opens and in come a blond headed boy with shining blue eyes followed by a red-headed giant.  The giant smiles down at his guest.

“Janie,” the sixteen foot child says and Jane’s eyes widened.  “It’s me Josh.  I’m big now.”

“I-I-I can see that.  How are you doing, big guy?” Jane said.

“I came here to play with my new friend, Tommy,” Josh says and in comes a red-headed boy the same age as the giant child but just a tad shorter.  “Tommy is my age.  We play together.”

“I see that,” Jane says with a smile on her face.  She watches the two giant boys pull out cars from a cabinet and start playing with them.

“They are not bad kids, Jane.  They’re just kids,” Dan says.  “Even though Josh is much bigger than me, he still listens and does as he’s told.  Yes, he makes me feel small and insignificant at times but it’s not his fault.  Those boundaries are something I need to get over.  I know my day is coming,” Dan says.

Jane watches the children in the corner of the office, unaware of the red-headed giant taking his place at his desk.  He smiles at Jane.  Dan gets Jane’s attention.

“There is someone you need to meet.  He’s the giant to talk to if any problems arise.  This is Steven James, advocate for The Gaea Foundation.  He is the one with whom I act as proxy for and since you’ve signed all the paperwork, Steven is the man to talk to.  He is also the one who will ask your children if they are ready to become giants,” Dan explained.

“I’m pleased to meet you, Mrs. Powers.  Your husband is in good hands here,” Steve said, trying to sound confident but still a little shy as always.  Jane picked up on Steve’s shy side by his body language.  He seemed to be hiding his handsome face behind his long red hair by hanging his head low.  Jane smiled.

“He is really shy,” Dan whispered in Jane’s ear.  “He is also pretty harmless.”

“I’m pleased to meet you too, Mr. James.  I’d preferred to be called Jane,” Jane said kindly.

“Steve,” said the red-headed giant.  “And that over there playing with Josh is my son Tommy.”

“He’s a fine boy, Mr. James.  Is he alright being a giant?”  Jane asks.

“He’s not the size of a mouse to me anymore and my wife and I live a normal life because of it.  Trust me; I don’t regret ever giving Tommy Titan XL5.  I don’t know if I could handle not being able to hold my boy again like I do now,” Steve said, smiling over at the two busy boy giants.

“I understand, Steve,” Jane said kindly.

 

Robby and his sisters were being escorted into an office by a kind tall gray haired woman in a white lab coat holding a medical bag.  The twins huddled close to their older brother.  Then they saw the two giant boys in the corner of the office.  Jessica and Jordan Powers recognized one of the boys as Joshua Hester.  The two giants seemed too busy to notice the three human children.   A red-headed giant came around the enormous desk; he smiled down at the children.  Steve felt the twins’ fear in their thoughts.  Sadness filled his grass green eyes as the girls began to cry.  This caught Josh and Tommy’s attention.  Steve silently ordered the two giant boys to stay right where they're at and they obeyed.

Jane and Dan came down the steps.  Jane went to soothe her girls while Dan went over to the boys.  Robby couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Josh pick up Dan in a hug and gently put him back down. Dan patted his son on the thigh and smiled up at him.

“Come on girls, Mr. James is a friendly giant just like Leah and Brad.  He wants to ask you something.  All you have to do is say yes or no,” Jane tells the twins.

“Is he going to eat us?” Jessica asks.  Steve frowns.

“No little one, I won’t eat you,” Steve gently says.

“If you won’t eat us, then what do you want,” Jordan sobbed.

“I was wondering if you want to be big like us?  I can make you big like Josh and Tommy but I won’t do it if you don’t want me to,” Steve says to all three kids.

“Can I be big, Mr. James,” Robby asks and Steve smiles.

“If that is what you want Robby,” Steve says to the boy.

“It is, Mr. James,” Robby said excitedly.

“Go to Mrs. McAllister and she will give you the serum,” Steve says to the boy and Robby goes to the tall gray haired woman.  Robin had a syringe at the ready and swabbed Robby’s arm before injecting the clear blue fluid.  Robin then gave the boy a shake afterwards.

“I’m hungry,” Robby then says.

“Is it like vitamins?” Jessica asked with peak curiosity.  “Robby doesn’t look any bigger.” 

Steve laughs.  “It’s a super strong vitamin but you don’t have to take it if you don’t want to.  It doesn’t make you grow right away,” Steve tells the curious twins.  Jessica and Jordan look at one another and agreed to the shot.

 

 

Growing Hatred by nancyarcher

Jane Powers sat in the cafeteria of Gaea House and watched all three of her kids gorge themselves on all the food they could eat.  Jane barely had an appetite.  She played with her salad barely able to eat a bit.  Her thoughts weighed heavy.  She wondered if she really made the right decision as she watched her twins demolish a whole large pizza between the two of them and then eat a whole order of bread sticks.  They were still hungry and went on to eat some ice cream.  Jane wanted to tell them to stop but Robin told her to let them eat till they felt full.  Robby was a little more respectable with his food but he still consumed quite a bit.  Jane just sighed and went back to eating her salad.

Steve allowed Jane to take the kids home, but the minute the growth became significant, Jane had to immediately bring them back to Gaea House where a hangar was being prepared for her family.  Jane thought of the would be titans she would soon be surrounded by.  Josh Hester and that other little boy were bigger than elephants and much stronger.  How was she to survive until her day came?

 

Dan decided to take the day off.  Leah took him on a surprise picnic while Brad babysat Josh.  Leah stretched out in the meadow, all twenty-eight feet and two inches of her.  Dan lay between her breasts looking up at the clouds.  Leah gently stroked Dan with her fingertips and Dan sighed.

“Dan,” Leah said softly.

“Hmmmm,” Dan responded.

“How do you feel about being small?”

Dan rolled over onto his stomach and looked at his living goddess.  Leah looks the best she ever has.  Healthy shiny flowing hair, sparkling blue eyes and soft pink lips, Leah didn’t need makeup anymore.  Her body was long and lean and her breasts were perky and never needed a bra.  They may look a little bigger on her now slender new frame but Dan didn’t care.  He loved his new and improved wife.

“Why don’t you tell me honey, after all, you can read my every thought,” Dan said, not meaning to hurt her feelings, but Leah frowned.

“Dan, I could never do that to you.  I do my best to stay out of your thoughts,” Leah said as she held onto Dan and sat up.  She then positioned Dan so that he was sitting in her hand.  “It’s none of my business what goes on up there,” Leah then said as she pointed to Dan’s head.

“I always feel left out.  I know that you, Brad and Josh talk to each other silently when I’m in the room.  I feel left out when I hear our son laughing and I don’t have a clue at what he’s laughing at,” Dan said.

“We’ve made a pact, Dan.  I made both Brad and Josh promise that we are never to enter your thoughts as much as we may want to at times.  In fact, all the giants made that pact.  They have great respect for you and we feel that you need your privacy.  After all, a wife needs to give her husband some space; I don’t want to be one of those controlling types.  I want us to be happy.  Are you really happy, Dan?”  Leah asks her doll sized husband.

“Happy and sad.  I love you Leah and I love our son but there are times I wish I could hold the both of you again.  I miss chasing away Josh’s monsters and reassuring him that everything is going to be all right.  I miss being the protector and the man of the house.  I miss the way we used to kiss.  I don’t miss making sure Brad was under control when he would get upset.  I don’t miss never seeing you because of the long hours at work.  Now since I am proxy and a giants’ rights lawyer, I get to see you and our beautiful son as much as I like.  Being the only human in a household full of giants does have its advantages and its disadvantages.  I try to think of us and that my day will come,” Dan says to his gigantic wife.  “For now, you are my goddess.”

“And you are my little man,” Leah said with a smile lighting up her face.  She kissed Dan’s head and Dan loved the feel of her soft pink lips against him.  That was another thing about giants and giantesses, they never had dry skin, they always felt baby soft.  “How is Jane taking all this?”  Leah then asked.

“Jane is coping.  It’s different when people you know and love begin to change.  Jane admitted to being a giant hater before that day at the lake.  When I told her about our findings, her tone changed quite a bit.  The kids have all took the injection, which I know was a hard decision for her to make.  Robby was all for it, but the twins needed a little more convincing.  They thought Steve was going to eat them.  Jane agreed to see the staff psychiatrist to help her cope with all these changes,” Dan explained.

“I can’t believe the twins thought that of Steve,” Leah giggled and Dan smiled.

“I know, Steve couldn’t even hurt a fly if he wanted to,” Dan said.  Dan loved his giantess wife’s laugh.

“How’s Robin’s training coming along?  She’ll make a wonderful proxy,” Leah said.

“Great.  Uh Leah…What if I never….” Dan said.

“Don’t talk like that Dan Hester.  You’ll evolve, I’m sure of that,” Leah said with a frown.

“Will you still stand by me?”

“That’s a dumb question, of course I will.  I don’t care if we have to equip the house with oxygen.  I’ll be there, but it’ll never come to that because you’ll evolve.  You’re just a late bloomer is all,” Leah said with a small smile.

“I guess if we get too desperate, there is always Titan XL5,” Dan said.

“Yes, but there is only enough for the children for now.  The Gaea Foundation is working on making more but I would rather see you evolve as you should, Dan.  I want to see little Danny Hester in the flesh,” Leah joked and kissed her little husband once more.

 

Cody Matthews has been growing like a weed.  He was now half the height of his girlfriend Lindsey.  Lindsey kissed his forehead as they casually walked the Gaea property.

“Do you think any of those Harpers will mess with me now?” Cody said, looking up at his giantess.

“They would be stupid if they did, shorty,” Lindsey said as she messed Cody’s already messy blond locks.

“You’re beautiful, Linds.  I can’t wait to kiss you,” Cody says.

“You promised,” Lindsey reminded.

“I know, not till I’m as big as my ape girl,” Cody joked and Lindsey picked him up like a toddler.

“I’ll show you ape girl, Cody Matthews,” Lindsey laughed and pulled Cody into a bear hug. She kisses his forehead and gently puts Cody back down.  “That’ll have to do for now, my little man,” Lindsey then says and messes Cody’s hair.  Cody just laughs.  He reaches up and holds Lindsey much bigger hand.  Cody stares at it for a moment and sighed.  Just a few weeks ago, Cody sat comfortably in her hands and now he is roughly the size of a toddler to her.  Cody couldn’t wait till he can hold her.

 

“That not good, my friend,” Aaron says to the screeching hawk.  “I must tell the others.”

Aaron stood up as soon as the hawk flew away and made his way back to his home.  He then stopped when he noticed a group of humans coming his way with high-powered rifles in their tiny hands.  Aaron was far too big to be hurt by one mere gun, but several of them are a different story.  Whoever hears this, please come to the park.  There are several little people with guns.  I’m afraid enough of them to do me mortal damage.  Some of them look like the protestors that hang around the outside of the gate.  I don’t want to hurt them, but I will if I have to.  Aaron transmitted to all the giants.

“I don’t want to hurt you,” Aaron said in his normally loud tone.  He held up his hands to let them see that he was defenseless.

“Your kind shouldn’t exist,” said one of the rednecks with the rifles.  “This is our territory!  You go back behind that fence where you belong, big-un,” the redneck spit out.

“I would but you are blocking my path,” Aaron said, just then he spotted a couple of shadows behind the humans.  The rednecks all laughed.

“You’re big enough, step over us,” shouted another redneck.  Aaron knew that he couldn’t do that by the way they were clustered.  They intentionally stood like this.

“Yeah, none of that mind reading crap you all do!  You don’t belong here,” another one yelled out.

“Mega-Human,” all the humans started shouting.  “Bring them down,” another group started shouting.  Aaron froze in fear, an emotional first for the giant as the humans started to surround his legs.

The shadows moved out of the trees to reveal Adam and Molly.  I wish I had a Glock big enough to fit in my hand.  Silly little rednecks.  Adam broadcasted.  Molly planned on making herself seen.  She was going to do her first mass hypnosis on the group.  Adam was there for backup as always.

I’d call my friends, but I don’t want them hurt by their guns.  Aaron broadcasted to the two giants and they nodded in understanding.  The giants found all forms life as precious; especially the innocent and none were more innocent than the animals.

Careful Molly, you remember how these types can be.  Adam broadcasted to Molly who was wearing a two piece outfit of a skirt and bra like top showing off her muscular torso that was still feminine and her long strong arms.  Molly pulled her brown hair back in a ponytail that trailed down to the small of her back.  Molly looked every bit the part of a powerful Amazon.

Just show them a little T and A.   I’ll have these boys eating right out of my hand.  Molly broadcasted back to Adam and gave him a playful wink.

That’s my girl!  Too bad these boys don’t have a chance in hell with you.  I’ll stomp them flat if they try anything funny.  Adam broadcasted and Molly smiled.

Molly purposely stomped her feet to get the lynch mob’s attention.  Some of the men whistled like the little pigs they were.  A few even made catcalls.  Molly bent down, giving the little men a view of her bounty.  She laughed playfully.  “Those ladies sure do grow up right,” said one redneck.  Men were all the same to Molly, no matter their size.  “Hey sugar!  Look at you,” one shouted and Molly laughed and acted like she was impressed by the insignificant little man.

“You sure do know how to make me feel like a lady,” Molly said, exaggerating her southern accent.

“Well I’ll be, a big beautiful southern belle,” said one of the rednecks.

“Well aren’t you all just a bunch of little cuties,” Molly said with a giggle in that exaggerated accent.  “I could just eat you up.”

“Oh no, don’t do that ma’am.  We would want to have some fun first,” one disgusting little man said and licked his lips.  Molly giggled, playing the part of the dim giantess.

“You all really are just adorable but I would appreciate it if you let my friend go.  He’s new to Gaea House and he just got lost.  He didn’t know he was in you all’s little park here,” Molly said, looking down at the little men.

“We can’t do that,” said one of the rednecks.  Then they all started crowding around Molly’s feet.  “We’re not going to let you go either.”

“Aw shucks, this just isn’t fair, two against sixty-two.  You all have the advantage,” Molly said, playfully, looking down at all the men and meeting their gazes.  Her pupils dilated as she caught each set of eyes.  Molly was like the cobra stalking her prey as each of the little men fell into her trance.  Her face took on a serious expression and she dropped her exaggerated accent.  “You will all leave here now.  You will tell your wives that you were out deer hunting and you will believe that yourself.  Leave us giants be, we do not want to harm you.  You will truly believe this.  You never saw us.  Now leave us,” Molly tells the little men and they all put the safety on their guns and dropped them to their sides and walked away.  Molly exhaled a sigh of relief.  She put her arm around the shaken up Aaron.

“I’ve never felt so helpless in my life,” Aaron said, quietly.

“Don’t worry, we have your back,” Molly said, patting Aaron’s back.  “Let’s get you back to your family.”

 

Everything went well for Jane Powers.  Her kids seemed happy and healthier than they’ve ever been.  Jordan’s asthma went away and she seemed to be the same height as her twin now, whereas before she was always the shorter of the two.  Robby’s dyslexia seemed to be no more too.  Jane even noticed improvement in her kids’ behavior as well.  All three of her children spent their days reading and learning if they weren’t eating her out of house and home.  Jane sort of enjoyed her bliss until one morning she woke up and went to make breakfast like she usually does.  She made the kids pancakes, bacon and eggs on top of their morning shake.  Jane made double portions for her little ones.

Everything was fine until Robby entered the kitchen that morning.  Jane knew that her kids were growing and prepared herself for it, but it was very unsettling for Jane who was five foot seven, to look her four foot ten inch son in the eyes.  Robby had even been wearing his father’s clothes which were still baggy on him.  Jane set out the kids’ breakfast and excused herself from the kitchen.

Robby knew something was wrong with his mother.  He wasn’t developed enough for telepathy but he felt something was a little off this morning.  Robby looked down at his newly enlarging body and realized that he is now the same size as his mother.  Maybe I scared her.  Robby thought to himself. 

Just then the twins came down the stairs just as Jane was getting ready to go up.  The twins looked to be close to Robby’s old height.  Jane was starting to feel small and she didn’t like it.  Jane locked herself up in the upstairs bathroom and cried.

Love and Giants by nancyarcher

Jane went through the medicine cabinet and found Mike’s pain pills from his back injury.  Half a bottle left.  Mike wasn’t going to need these anymore, just as Jordan doesn’t need her inhaler or Robby his tutor.  Things have definitely changed in one week for Jane Powers that she felt overwhelmed by it all.

Jane unscrewed the cap off the painkillers and filled a glass of water from the sink.  She looked at the pills and the glass.  Jane wanted it all to end so she took the bottle of pills to her mouth and chased it with the water.

“Mom, you okay in there?” Jane faintly heard Robby’s voice on the other side of the door.  Jane couldn’t respond because she didn’t want to as she sat down on the bathroom rug.

Something in Robby rose to panic.  He didn’t know what to do; he worried about his Mom and her depression.  Robby knew his Mom suffered.  She always put on a good front but deep down inside she was screaming.  “Please Mom, say something,” he said ready to cry.  Robby may have gotten smarter but he was still a ten year old boy who needed his mother…

 

Steve felt panic in his thoughts.  His first instinct was to check up on the latest titan children.  Steve reached out to Robby Powers and his mind filled with the image of Robby standing at the bathroom door calling for his mother.  Steve didn’t like this one bit, so he reached out to Jane Powers.  Images of a nearly conscious woman lying on a bathroom rug came into his head.  Pills lying all around her like they fell out of the bottle.  Steve quickly left his office.

Caroline Honeywell ran into Steve and saw the look on his face.

“I’ll get some med techs out at the Powers place.  I’ll let Melinda know you had to step out,” Caroline said after she read Steve’s thoughts.  Steve gave her a grateful nod and went on.

Steve ran as quickly and as careful as he could until he reached the Powers home.  It was just a plain country house.  Steve knew he could make it there quicker than the techs.  The twins and Robby came running out of the house when they saw Steve.  The kids looked worried.

“She went into the bathroom and never came back out.  I tried calling for her but she wouldn’t answer,” Robby said as he craned his neck up to look at Steve.

“Help is on the way,” Steve tells the boy.  “Where’s the bathroom?”

Robby pointed to an upstairs window.  Steve looked in and saw Jane sprawled out on the bathroom rug of the old bathroom.  Steve had no choice but to break the closed window and he had to be careful about it, he didn’t want to injure Jane.  He tapped his index finger lightly on the glass and it cracked.  He had it to where he could carefully remove the glass chucks towards the outside.   He heard Jane moaning but her breathing was pretty shallow.  A Gaea House ambulance pulled up just as Steve was carefully removing Jane out of the house.  He smelled the painkillers from the open widow and on Jane.

“Drug overdose,” he tells the medics as he gently puts her on the stretcher.  “Mrs. Powers has a history of depression.  Make sure her room is prepared for her ‘special circumstance.”

“Will do Mr. James,” said the gray haired medic.  “What about the young ‘uns?”

“They will come with me.  Take good care of her,” Steve tells the medic and he nods.

Jessica and Jordan were in tears and Robby tried to keep a brave face but failed miserably.  They watched as the ambulance pulled away.  Steve knelt down before the children.  The three of them huddled together.  Robby had his arms around his sisters and did his best to soothe them.  Steve put his hand around them is his version of an embrace.  Steve stayed silent and let the kids cry…

 

Back at Gaea House, Sven Lindquist got his moment when the call came to the clinic about a drug overdose.  The giant man-boy stepped into action.  Since he was the smallest one with any sort of medical training, Dr. Vincent Gunderson recruited him to be a part of his medical staff despite the fact he has a criminal background and is presently evolving.  Sven was only twelve feet tall but he was still small enough to handle the human sized patients.

Sven frowned when he recognized his patient as Jane Powers.  The foolish woman tried to kill herself.  Sven thought as he directed the medics to a room.  Sven raised the table so that he could comfortably work on the small woman.  He pumped her stomach and her heartbeat became steady.  He administered some oxygen and lowered the table so the techs could take her to her room.  Sven felt the rush of adrenaline through his system.  This was the first time Sven felt useful in a long time.  He saved a life; he never thought he would ever get his chance to do that again…

 

Cody Matthews got the thrill of his life when he woke up one morning and he measured at twenty-six feet and three inches.  He was now officially a fully grown giant and he could finally kiss his girlfriend, giantess Lindsey Smith.  Cody looked at himself in the mirror made of polished steel.  He didn’t look like the same boy that was getting beaten down by Chad Harper on a regular basis.  He was now tall, slender, and muscular.  Cody evolved faster than any other giant on record.

“Watch out world,” Cody said to himself as he flexed his arms.  He had on a pair of blue track pants sitting dangerously low on his hips.

Cody and Lindsey met in a clearing on the Gaea House property every morning.  Cody couldn’t wait for his giantess to see him.  He had a plan to sneak up on her when she wasn’t looking and that is exactly what he did. 

Lindsey sat in the clearing with her long legs in front of her.  All the giants and giantesses had a long lean slender appearance.  The older giants were a bit more board in the shoulders and muscular.  The giantesses all had sort of unnaturally long looking body that most supermodels would envy.  A few of the older giantesses were curvy though despite their long build but none were ever overweight or obese.

Cody put his hands over Lindsey’s eyes and she smiled.  Guess who and guess what?  Cody’s thoughts became fluent.  Cody moved his hands from her eyes and Lindsey turned around and smiled up at her giant.  Cody sits down and leans in for their first sweet and innocent kiss.  It felt like magic to Lindsey, it was everything and then some to her.  She looked into those healthy shining blue eyes as their foreheads meet.  “You’re right, Linds.  Good things do come to those who wait.  I guess you are no longer my ape girl,” Cody said breathlessly and with a smile.  Lindsey blushed.

“I’ll show you ape girl,” Lindsey said as she stood up and ran away.  Cody laughed and followed her in the early morning sunrise.  Lindsey ran the path to the Hester farm.  She then pulled off towards the lake, laughing the whole time.  Cody caught up to her and grabbed her, pulling her into his taller body.  They both laughed.  Lindsey then realized that Cody was now taller than her and she liked that feeling.  Cody was a little over a foot taller than her now, but in giant measurement a foot is no different than inches, so Cody only appeared a tad taller.

“My giantess,” Cody said to her as he touched her cheek.  Lindsey laughed and started pulling her dress up and ran into the water totally naked.  Cody thought nothing of her nudity like he wouldn’t have if he was still human, shame of their bodies disappeared with evolution.  Cody pulled off his track pants and followed in after her.  None of the humans are around this early in the morning to notice two nude giants at play in the water.

Cody found it strange that the lake he used to swim in, now barely came to his shoulders.  Lindsey splashed him and laughed then Cody got her back.  Both of them knew that they shouldn’t be there.  Dr. Gunderson and the others forbid the titan children to leave except to visit the Hester farm.

Little did Cody and Lindsey know that they were being watched from afar.  Derek and Chad Harper stood on a hillside with binoculars.  “He’s fucking massive now, Derek,” Chad said to his older brother.  “That fucker can’t even swim in the lake anymore.”

“No matter, Uncle Calvin wants up to keep an eye on them assholes for him,” Derek said.  “Even if that bastard Matthews is one of them now.”

“Jesus Derek!  That fucker could pound us both into the ground now,” Chad said to his older brother.

“Too bad Uncle Calvin beat the shit out of that pansy ass scientist he had working for him before making any more of that shit, besides it’s our job just to watch, there is no way in hell I’m going to confront any of them.  Especially not after that mob Uncle Calvin sent out.  That bitch giantess turned them all to damn near worthless.  It’s a good thing Uncle Calvin came up with these special glasses for us to wear,” Derek said, pulling out a pair of dark reflective sunglasses.  Calvin developed the glass after finding Derek a mindless zombie under the influence of a giantess.

“I’ve seen enough, although Matthews does have taste for a little piss ant,” Chad said, ogling Lindsey’s nude body.  “Too bad the girls at school don’t look like that.”  Derek gives his little brother a dirty look.

Caring and Growing by nancyarcher

“Mr. Matthews and Ms. Smith, you both know you are not allowed to leave Gaea property without us knowing,” Steven James said to the two young giants.  “You both forget that I can read your every thought if I feel like it and that I can always check on your every move.”

Cody and Lindsey stared down at the floor with their hair still wet from their water fight that emptied almost half the lake.  “After what happened to your father at the park recently, Ms. Smith, I would like to think you know better,” Steve said, firmly thinking of his own son and how he dreaded the teenage years.

“I’m sorry, Mr. James,” Lindsey said, quietly with her head hung low.

“Your father was really shaken up by that.  Some of the humans hate us already, we can’t afford these little slip ups,” Steve said in a fatherly way.  “And Mr. Matthews, I told you that you need to be extra cautious with being from Spartan Falls already.  What if someone from your human life recognized you?”

“I’m sorry, Mr. James, I should’ve known better,” Cody mumbled.  Steve looked down at the two kids trying to remember what the world was like when he was their age.  Then he saw Cody take Lindsey’s hand.  Steve realized that since becoming a giant, he hadn’t been able to keep himself from touching his only, his Melinda.  Cody and Lindsey were experiencing the same thing, only on a younger and more innocent level.  Cody squeezed Lindsey’s hand.

“Look, I understand you kids have certain needs.  I understand you miss your old lives.  I just need you to understand just how serious this is.  This is not a game.  Lindsey, Cody, I didn’t want to tell you this but Lindsey, your father recently told me that the Harper boys have been spying on Gaea House.  They are doing this for their uncle.  I didn’t want you kids to find out about him but it’s just that Calvin Harper is not a big fan of ours and he has the means to put up a fight.  He’s upset because he was injected with a variation of Titan XL5.  He was injected long before Cody and he is only nine and half feet tall.  Not fully evolved like you are Cody.  He’s a known recluse, so it is no surprise that he has his nephews helping him bring down Gaea House and all his other human family as well.”

Cody and Lindsey could tell that Steve didn’t want to have this talk with them.  All the Titan children had a love for the red-headed giant; he was sort of like a second father to them.  He treated them well but he was firm with them when he had to be.  Cody never knew his father and Steven James was the closest thing he had.  They knew that Steven was a lab geek in his human life but that didn’t matter to them, he was the kindest giant they all knew. 

“Well I hate to do this but I have no other choice.  You two are grounded to the small perimeter outside your hangars until I say so.  The public is not ready for giant adolescents yet.  We can’t risk Operation Titan being made public yet.  Not until our numbers are higher than they already are.  You two understand?”  Steve said and the two giants nodded.  Cody and Lindsey both gave Steve a hug as was custom for the children of Gaea House…

 

Sven Lindquist did his rounds.  Even though he had the appearance of a ten year old boy, Sven gained respect at the Gaea House clinic for being a good and caring doctor.  Even though he had no license to practice in the human world, in the giant world it qualified him enough to take on any medical problems that arose at Gaea House.  This was a great help to Dr. Gunderson and Ms. Hayes who were already actively involved with Operation Titan.

“How are you doing, Mrs. Powers?” Sven said, kneeling down by the bedside of his human patient.  “You gave us quite a scare.”

“I don’t know?” Jane responded.  “My children are monsters.”

Sven frowned at the small human woman.  “They are not monsters, Mrs. Powers.”

“Easy for you to say, mega-human,” Jane said with a venomous voice.  Sven ignored her and checked the restraints on the bed.  Sven didn’t like using the restraints but Jane Powers was a danger to herself and the staff.

“I will not have that talk here,” Sven finally said.  “Your day will come and you will see.”

Sven looked over her chart.  Jane Powers is drugged up and the drugs were doing the talking for her.  Jane had a history with certain sedatives and Sven had to be careful.  That was the reason for the restraints.  Jane bucked and tried to get up off the bed but her efforts were fruitless.  Sven then waited until she calmed down a bit to check her forehead for a temperature, then something strange happened.  A bright light formed from Sven’s fingertips and the cut on Jane’s cheek began to heal before his eyes.  Sven felt a slight pain on his cheek in the same place Jane was accidently cut by the glass and it abruptly disappeared.  Sven first instinct was to touch his own cheek and he felt nothing and then he reached down at Jane’s healed cheek.  There was no scare.

Something in Jane’s expression changed from anger to sorrow.  Jane realized she wasn’t in her right state of mind as she felt the giant’s hand touch her head.

“Am I all right?” she whispered to the blond giant kneeling over her.  “I feel like I was drugged.”

“You were, Ms. Powers,” Sven whispered to her with compassion in his eyes.

“Oh God!  I tried to kill myself!” Jane said, realizing what she had just done and the tears began to flow.  “I’m terrible!  I’m…sorry.”

Sven touched her again, this time petting her hair.  He gives her a warm but lopsided smile.  Jane could see the man through his boyish exterior.  The long white blond hair loosely tied back and the dimples on his cheeks and chin.  There was something about this giant that intrigued Jane.  Even her few visits with Mike never brought this reaction out in her.  Jane loved her husband, but there was something almost heartbreaking about this certain giant.

“I bet you were handsome before…you know,” Jane mumbles on her words.  Sven smile gets bigger. 

“You wouldn’t have wanted to know me, Mrs. Powers.  I wasn’t a very nice person when I was human,” Sven said, noticing that his accent was beginning to slip.

“You’re not from around here either, are you?”

“No, I’m originally for Stockholm, Sweden,” Sven said and Jane gave him a smile.  Jane was feeling more and more attached to this giant kneeing at her bedside just as Sven Lindquist felt the same.  “Let me remove those restraints.  I don’t think you’ll need those,” Sven said with a slight accent.  Jane lay still as the giant hovering over her undid her restraints.  Sven felt a calmness coming from his small patient.  Whatever he did to her, he hoped he could do it again if the need arose.

Sven’s next patient was the closest he was going to get to Operation Titan.  Roderick Cowell still is bedridden and paralyzed by the beating he received from his old boss.

“Well friend, let’s see what’s going on with you today, shall we?” Sven said, trying his best to forget about Jane and focus on Roderick.

“I can finally feel my legs but their still stiff when I try to move them,” Roderick said and Sven smiled.

“Good, you’re mending,” Sven said as he knelt down beside the bed.  “You want to try walking for me.”  Sven put a walker next to the small hospital bed and took down the bed railings.  Roderick managed to sit up. His upper body felt strong but his lower body was a whole other can of worms.  Sven gingerly helped the man that was less than his size up onto his feet.  Sven wanted Roderick to do some of the work himself even though he could’ve easily set Roderick on his feet.

“Hold on tight,” Sven said to the small man.  “I got you if you fall.”

Roderick slowly moved his right leg stiffly and then his left.  He did this for about six feet from his bed before he felt like falling down.  Sven caught him.  “That’s very good, Roddy.  I suspect that if I drop by later in the day, you will be walking six feet and then some.  For now, I suggest you stay in your bed and recover till then.  The techs will help you to the bathroom.  I suggest you try the walker if you can when you feel the need to use the bathroom but don’t do it unsupervised.  I’ll be back to check on you later.”

“Sven…. Thank you,” Roderick said with a small smile.

“For what?  I’m not completely through examining you yet, Roddy.”

“Thank for being such a good friend and doctor.  I’d be dead if it wasn’t for you,” Roderick said, quietly.

“Not all me, Molly, Adam and Aaron had a hand in it too.  They’d like to talk to you if you would just let them.  Molly promised not use her ‘charms’ on you and Adam is just searching for answers but Aaron, he wouldn’t hurt a fly.  Believe it or not, that man is more afraid of you than you are of him.  You need to give them a chance to talk to you,” Sven said, referring to Roderick’s fear of the three giants that brought him in.  Roderick wasn’t sure if he could face being around giants as tall as three story buildings.   Sven he wasn’t so afraid of because Sven understood him even though Roderick could see Sven getter bigger by the day.  One day Roderick heard the crack of his bones as the boyish looking giant shot up a couple of inches before his eyes.  One of these days, Sven is going to truly tower over Roderick.

A tech brought in Roderick’s morning meal and shake.  Roderick lies as straight as possible while Sven measures him.  “If this is right, Roddy, says here that you are a half an inch taller than yesterday.  It’s going to be slow until you get use of those legs again and before you know it, you’ll be big enough to show Calvin who’s boss,” Sven said with a laugh.  “You’re also gaining quite a bit of weight.  That’s good for your impending growth.  Now eat and get some rest.  Think about what I told you.  The giants want Calvin’s head on a platter as much as you do.”

“I will, Sven.  Thank for taking great care of me,” Roderick said before Sven shut the door…

 

Robby Powers worried about his mother.  She didn’t like that Robby and his sisters were rapidly changing before her eyes.  This morning Robby measured in at close to six feet while his sisters exceeding his original height.  All three of them were getting bigger by the day.  The twins laughed at the fact that they were bigger than the tallest kid in their kindergarten class but Robby began to feel different.  He started to feel less like a child.

All the Operation Titan children evolved and Robby marveled at their great size, then he met Kylie Smith, the original ten year old subject.  Kylie stood an amazing twenty-two feet tall.  She was the prettiest girl Robby had ever met.  She wore the usual potato sack sundress that all the giantesses wore but Kylie made it look good.  Robby never took much interest in the girls in his class, but then again the kids made fun of him whenever the teacher made him read out loud in class.  Most girls didn’t want to be seen with ‘illiterate Robby’ but Robby wasn’t illiterate, he could read, it just took him a little more time.

Growing Acceptance by nancyarcher

Jane asked to see her kids and Sven allowed it.  Jane promised herself to stay calm no matter what her children may look like.  Sven warned her that her son is now much taller than her and the twins are catching up.  Jane just shook her head and told him that she was ready.  Sven didn’t just believe her words, something inside him felt connected to the small human woman.

“If you need me, just push the call button and I’ll be right there,” Sven tells Jane.  Something about Jane attracted Sven.  He wanted to touch her and hold her.

 Jane kept her marriage problems secret.  She didn’t feel the love that they once had, even before the world started evolving.  Jane tried her best to play the role of happy housewife but it was getting harder by the day.  Mike never did anything bad to her, he never cheated or beaten her, in fact, Mike was the perfect husband in every way.  He was there whenever she needed him and he never complained if Jane accidently burnt the evening dinner and he was always understanding of every situation.  Most of all, he was there whenever her depression took hold.  Something Jane had suffered from since childhood after her drunken father beat her down numerous times.  Mike was always there, being the voice that talked her off the ledge, so to speak.  Jane herself could never figure out why she didn’t love her husband anymore.

Mike had been changing too and not just in his height and appearance.  He still loved his wife, but not like he did before the evolution.  Mike knew Jane had fallen out of love with him years ago but now he could see things more clearly and he knew Jane wasn’t the one anymore.  It came as no surprise that Jane filed for divorce after his evolution began.  It was a new law passed that the unevolved partner could request a divorce if that is what they want.  Jane didn’t want to forbid Mike from his kids though, that is why she filled out the ‘special forms’ for her children.  She knew it was up to them if they wanted to become giants, no matter how much Jane was frightened by the fact that her kids will be able to pick her up like a doll one of these days. 

Then Jane met Dr. Sven Lindquist.  Something about the giant boy-man intrigued Jane.  Even when she was cussing him out in her drugged out daze.  Jane knew Sven was different from the other giants and it wasn’t his very European looks that caught her eye or that slight accent that slipped through now and then.  Jane couldn’t figure it out.  She had no idea that giants only had one mate and that it wasn’t always going to be the one you had before evolution.

The twins entered Jane’s room and attacked her with hugs.  They both felt like hugging Robby and not her twin girls.  Jane kept a straight face even though she felt her emotions breaking again.

“Mom, we miss you,” both the girls said in unison.  They didn’t understand why Jane tried to kill herself; honestly they thought she was sick.  “Are you better?” Jordan asked.  The girls were unaware of their mother’s size relative to theirs; they were only concerned for her.

“Never better girls,” Jane managed to say.

“We aren’t going back home,” Jessica says.  “Mr. James says that we are too big to go back home but I don’t feel big.”

“Mr. James knows what he’s talking about,” Jane said as she looked at her oversized five year old twins.  Both were wearing matching sundresses made from an unusual material dyed a light purple to look girlish.  The hemline went halfway to their calves and the dress itself was baggy.  Jane suspected they were made for the girls to grow into.

“They make us wear these ugly clothes.  Mrs. McAllister says that our old clothes don’t fit anymore.  I don’t really feel big either even though I’m the same size as Jess now,” Jordan said, looking down at the plain dress.

“She knows what she talking about, Jordan.  You girls have gotten big.  If you haven’t, they wouldn’t be dressing you like the other giants,” Jane said with a small smile.

“You’re right, Mom.  Mrs. McAllister says that we don’t need to wear shoes anymore either.  I like that,” Jessica says with a big smile.

Jane still loved her girls even though she knew she had to get past all the growing that was going on with them.  They were shooting up like weeds already.  Jane knew she had to accept them and that there was no turning back.

Robby walked into the room.  Jane was a little shocked to see that her ten year old son was the same size as his six foot human father now.   Robby wore something that resembled hospital scrubs.  They were black and with his dark brown hair and pale skin it made Robby look like a gothic kid.  His hair had been kept trimmed short just as Jane used to cut it.  Overall, Robby still looked like her son.

Robby didn’t want to touch Jane.  Robby knew that Jane tried to kill herself and he had inkling about what.  Robby didn’t want to make his Mom feel any smaller.  He gives her a shy smile and keeps his distance from her bed.  Robby brown eyes couldn’t give away the fact that he was sad and had been crying for his mother.

“Girls, I want to talk to Robby alone,” Jane said to her twins.  They nodded and obeyed.  Jane couldn’t believe how agreeable they have become after getting injected; it was like they didn’t want to upset her in any way.  Before, they would have bucked Jane but now they were calm and agreeable, a mother couldn’t complain.

“You can give your good old mother a hug,” Jane said to her oversized ten-year old.  “I need to learn to accept this.  I still love you Robby.”

“Mom,” Robby said and gently hugged his small and delicate mother.  He couldn’t get over how small she felt to him and Jane couldn’t get over his size as well but she was amazed by his delicateness.  “You knew this was going to happen, why?”

Jane petted her son’s dark hair as he held her like a teddy bear.  “I don’t know sweetheart?”  She answered.

“You knew we were going to get big.  Is that why you divorced Dad too?  Do you really still love us?” Robby sobbed out.

“Your Dad and I had problems before all this.  It was none of your fault; I’m going to let you know this now.  He agreed to it too.  We just weren’t happy with each other anymore.  That happens once in a while with adults.  Of course I still love him.  We just couldn’t agree with each other anymore.  I still love you and your sisters the same, that’s never going to change,” Jane said, trying to soothe her son.  Just as she held him, she felt Robby grow in her embrace just slightly.  She wanted to cry as much as her son was crying at the moment… 

 

“Uncle Calvin, you’re not going to believe what we saw today,” Chad said, looking up at the nine and a half foot man.  Calvin Harper didn’t look like the brittle old man that he once was.  He stood tall and looked half his age, but Calvin Harper was still the same bitter and hateful man.  “That douchebag Matthews is like over twenty-five feet tall.”

Calvin Harper growled and threw an antique chair across the room.  Derek and Chad both cowered.  Their Uncle Calvin has become unpredictable after getting injected with the serum, a serum that happened to be missing an element that wasn’t causing Calvin Harper to fully evolve.

“I need that asshole Cowell,” Calvin growled to his nephew.  “He’s the only one who can fix this,” Calvin said as he motioned down at his body.  “I should be well past this height by now.”

“Uncle Calvin, you killed Cowell,” Derek said, trying to put on a blank face.  Derek learned one thing about his uncle it was to never show fear.  Big Calvin Harper really hated weakness and Derek learned his lesson the hard way.

“He was still breathing when you hauled his scrawny ass out of here,” Calvin barked.  “Mother nature was going to do the rest.”

“What about the Swede?” Derek asked.

“What about him?  He knows nothing of the serum, he was just hired muscle that I don’t need anymore.  He’s probably overseas by now anyway.  I don’t see Gaea House keeping his sorry ass around,” Calvin said smugly.  Calvin Harper loved surrounding himself by humans despite his small stature for a giant.  He was still bigger than most, even if he hasn’t grown but a few feet taller…

 

Dan Hester sits at his kitchen table eating his salad that he has grown quite used to eating.  Since all the people around him are vegan, Dan thought it only right to start eating that way.  So far he has lost twenty pounds and has actually felt healthier but the man still missed a good lean cut steak.  He put that thought in the back of his mind as he looks up at the large table close to his.  Brad, Leah and Josh sat around that table, eating and talking about their day.  Dan felt left out.

Dan than realizes that he has three sets of large compassionate eyes looking down at him, even his four year old, sixteen foot son felt sad for him.

“Are you alright, Dan?” Leah asks her human husband.

“Yeah, you know Mike and Jane’s divorce is final today,” Dan said.

“Oh Dan, that’s terrible,” Leah said.

“I don’t want that to happen to us, Leah.  We need to find a way to make our situation work,” Dan said.  He didn’t like having this talk in front of his brother and son but Dan wanted the giants to understand just how left out he felt.

“We do,” Leah said.

“First thing is first, I don’t want to feel left out at the supper table anymore.  Either I’m up on that table enjoying a meal with my family or I start eating out,” Dan said, looking up at all three giant.

“Fair enough,” Leah says with a smile.

Dan got up out of his chair while Brad and Josh picked them up and sat Dan’s dining set in the middle of the giant table.  Dan took off his shoes and Leah picked him up and put him on the table.

“No more sitting on my own couch on movie night either.  We are a family and we’re going to start acting like one,” Dan said.  Leah, Brad and Josh smiled.  Dan loved his giants more than anything.  To Dan, they were the perfect family.  Dan sat back down and his three giants followed suit.  Josh had to climb back up onto his chair.  “This is much better,” Dan says with a smile.

Later that night after Dan and Leah put Josh to sleep.  Dan lies on top of his twenty-eight foot plus wife staring up at the ceiling as her delicate porcelain hand strokes his small body.  Dan loved these quiet moments with his wife.

“Dan,” Leah says quietly and Dan rolls over on his stomach feeling the soft flesh beneath him.  Both Dan and Leah lay naked on Leah’s gigantic bed.  Leah blushed at the feel of Dan’s man parts on her upper rib cage.  Dan smiles at the enormous blushing face looking down at him.  Leah and Dan had learned different ways to keep the spice in their marriage. 

“What darling?” Dan says as he runs his hand over the large mound of flesh.  Dan loved lying on his wife and in between her enormous bounty.  Dan had always been a boob man.

“This is nice,” Leah said as she resumed stroking Dan naked body.  “But I still feel uncomfortable sharing my bed with you when I sleep.  I know you want to be included but I just can’t let you.  I’m afraid...”

“I understand sweetheart.  I just think we should share as much as we can,” Dan said and started kissing her breast. 

“It’s just that I couldn’t imagine my life without you.  I miss you every time you have to go to the office.  I miss you every time you have to travel for the Gaea Foundation.  I love you Dan and I don’t want anything bad to happen to you,” Leah said as she stroked his hair with her index finger.

All the sudden Dan started to feel sick with fever.  Leah looked down at her pale husband.

“Call Gaea House darling, they’re going to have a new patient,” Dan said with a sickly smile.  Leah nodded with a big smile on her face…

 

Growing Love by nancyarcher

Jane Powers went back to her lonely home.  The kids weren’t allowed to come back and Mike was at Gaea House to stay.  Jane spent the day with her children.  She watched as the hemline on the twins’ dresses rose as the day progressed.  Dresses with hems that started at halfway to the calf, crept closer and closer to their knees.  Jane still stood taller than her girls but they were catching up.  Jane remembered the ‘special form’ describing how a good majority of growth happens while sleeping so it was no surprise that two days later, the girls would be as big as her.  Jane didn’t care anymore.  Sven’s touch did more than heal her wound; it also healed her mind.

Sven Lindquist, Jane couldn’t get that giant out of her mind no matter how much she tried.  Her first moment of consciousness was of a giant boy giving her sad and compassionate eyes.  Jane couldn’t get that image out of her head.  “Foolish woman,” were the first words she heard out of his mouth.  She wanted so much to hate this giant but something deep inside Jane couldn’t.  She even called him the one slanderous name the giants hated the most but Sven remained calm and professional.  The boy carried himself like the adult he actually is.  Then Jane felt the gentle and warm touch, a bright light bathed her and she felt strange, like all the pain was instantaneously disappearing.  This giant was taking her pain away.  She closed her eyes and had a vision of a very tall and very broad blond man giving her kind eyes.  The details of the closed eyed vision were unlike anything Jane has ever experienced before.  The man in the vision was touching her cheek just as the giant was but the man had a very masculine and handsome look to him, like that of a Norse God.  Jane wanted to ask the man his name but couldn’t.  The man just gave her a caring smile and disappeared the moment she opened her eyes.

She crawled into her bed and fell quickly to sleep.  Jane had a dream, a dream of her Norse God.  There was something familiar about him that Jane couldn’t quite place with long golden hair and a stubbly chin with intense blue eyes.  Despite the intense eyes, he appeared kind and not at all intimidating to Jane.  Not like he would appear if he had been real. 

“Are you a giant?” Jane asks, looking up into those intense eyes of the impossibly tall man.

“I am not here,” replied the handsome man.  “I am as I once was.”  The man gives Jane a kindly smile.  “In a human sense, I guess I would be considered a giant,” the man then says as he touches Jane’s cheek, the same cheek that had been healed.

“Who are you?” Jane then asks.

“A friend, you’ll find out someday.  Right now, I want to enjoy my little lady,” the man said as he leaned in.  Jane didn’t try to stop him, in fact, she just let him go.  Their lips met and Jane woke up in a sweat to the darkness outside her window.

Despite her lack of sleep, Jane went back to Gaea House the following day to see her kids.  They had on the same clothes as the day before.  Jane noticed that the twins’ dresses now went to their knee caps and that Robby seemed about as big as the man in her dream the night before.

“You kids are going to have to change clothes,” Robin McAllister said as she handed the girls two new dresses. 

“But I like my dress,” Jordan protested.

“Your growing body needs bigger clothes, little one.  That dress is starting to get a little small on you,” said the kind elderly woman.   Jordan rolled her eyes and took the pink dress she was being offered.  Jane laughed at the fact her daughters still had their little teenage attitudes despite being five.

The girls went into the bathroom to change while Robby went back to his room to do the same.  “They’re good kids, Mrs. Powers.  You should be proud,” Robin said with a smile.

“Thank you, Mrs. McAllister.  Why do they need to change?  Those clothes looked new,” Jane said.

“The fabric is made to expand with their daily growth.  Your kids are constantly changing and growing, even when they are awake.  Most of the time they are unaware if they shoot up an inch here or there but we have had Titan children shoot up more than that.  We don’t want them to have an embarrassing moment during a growth spurt, so we have them change their clothes once in a while throughout the day.  The clothes they are changing out of now, couldn’t handle a six inch growth spurt if that were to happen,” Robin explained.  “Robby will probably be shooting up faster than the girls because of his age.  The one Titan boy we had during his puberty shot up in a matter of less than three short weeks.  Robby is right around that age so we need to be cautious.”

Jane thought about the day she held Robby and how he expanded in her embrace ever so slightly.  Robby seemed unaware of it, a shiver ran down her spine.  “It’ll be alright, Mrs. Powers.  They don’t seem to have much pain from it.  When the big people are around other big people, they don’t seem to notice much about their size.  Your kids have barely noticed their own growth except if they are around another human.  Your children still see themselves as small,” Robin said as she straightened the girls’ room.

The girls’ came out wearing identical pink dresses.  “That’s much better,” Robin says with a smile.   She had both girls sit down and started brushing Jordan’s curly blond hair.  This was a typical morning for the giant children’s caregiver.  Jane took the other brush and started brushing her other daughter’s hair.  Jessica and Jordan were catching up to being as big as adults and Jane found it odd as she brushed away.  As Jane brushed, she heard the faint crack of bones and felt Jessica’s spine rise beneath her.  It wasn’t just an inch but felt like more.  Even Jessica’s head felt bigger.  Both girls giggled.  Robin stopped brushing and leaned down to Jordan and said, “Now aren’t you glad I had you change when I did.  That one would have caused your seams to burst.”  Jane suspected that both her girls could look her in the eye now despite the fact that Jane wore her favorite heeled boots.

Jane realized that her daughter’s hair had even grown.  Jane thought it looked to be a good five inches longer.  Robin and Jane put their hair up in pigtails.  “All finished,” Robin announced and Jane’s stomach fluttered.  The moment of truth was to come as Jane watched her five year old twins get up out of their chairs.  Jessica’s rounded cherub face looked straight at her without so much as looking up.

“Mom,” Jessica said with sad eyes.  “You look small to me.”

Jane forgot that her boots had a two inch heel when she looked down at her feet.  Chubby bare children’s feet were in front of Jane's feet.  Jessica’s feet looked much bigger than her size eight shoe.  Jane came to realization that both her girls are now bigger than her five foot seven height.  Jane didn’t panic, she remained calm and took Jessica into her arms and gave her a hug.

 

“Both you girls are now five foot ten inches tall.  That was quite a growth spurt,” Sven Lindquist said as he measured the twins.  Usually Allison Hayes or Dr. Gunderson took care of the Titan cases but they were out making house calls.  Sven gave the twins a smile.  “Now off with you two so that I can talk to your mother,” Sven said to the girls and they obeyed.  Robby measured at seven feet after his morning spurt.  Jane felt overwhelmed by this and Sven could sense it.

The blond teenage looking giant sat down on the floor in front of Jane.  He gently took her tiny hand into his extremely large hand.  Sven stood about twenty-five feet tall and was preparing himself for what is now being called as the super spurt that very few giants get to experience.  Sven was supposed to be bedridden but Robin needed a doctor and Sven was the only one qualified.

“How do you feel about this, Jane?” the giant looked down at her and asked.

“Strangely calm,” Jane responded.  Sven’s large hand felt warm and safe.  Jane allowed Sven to call her by her name and Sven allowed the same.  Sven worried about the human woman after she attempted to kill herself.

“Good, your children need you now more than ever.  They’ll still need you after they are through with their Titan growth and beyond.  You can still be a good mother to them despite the size difference.  They will still abide,” Sven said, giving her familiar kind eyes.

“I’ll do my best, but it’s just that…”

“That doesn’t matter to them and it shouldn’t matter to you either.  We giants still listen even though we really don’t have to.  We love and respect all those around us, big or small.  Your children still love you and always will.  The human and giant difference doesn’t matter to them.  They have even come to an understanding about your divorce,” Sven said.

“How do you know all this?” Jane asks the giant and Sven pointed to his head.

“Telepathy is an interesting gift that all giants inherit.  Your children aren’t developed enough for it yet but they have feelings of empathy,” Sven said.

“Giants are telepathic.  Sometimes I forget.  What am I thinking of now,” Jane said as her thoughts strayed to her dream and the very tall man with the handsome looks.

“You’re thinking of me,” Sven said, sounding stunned.

“No I’m not, I’m thinking of the man in my dreams,” Jane said.

“No Jane, that’s me before I started evolving.  I was a very big man and I look exactly like that man you’re thinking about.  You are thinking about me, you just don’t realize it,” Sven said with a smile.

“That’s you!  Why am I dreaming of you then?” Jane asked the teenage looking giant.

“Probably the same reason I dream of you,” Sven said shyly and blushed.  “We’re connected somehow.”

“Strange,” was all Jane could manage to say?  She couldn’t deny that the giant sitting in front of her was attractive in a boyish way.  Jane couldn’t deny that she felt attracted to the giant.  The giant had been nothing but kind and caring to her even though he was bigger than her two story farmhouse.

“You’re my only Jane Powers.  I can’t explain it but you are the woman I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with,” Sven said.

Am I supposed to marry a giant?  Sven is nice but I’m not so sure about this.  Jane’s thoughts tickled Sven and he caught himself stifling a laugh.  “I thought Mike was the only man I was supposed to be with?”  Jane finally managed to say.

“Human,” Sven simply said.  “The rules have changed and so have the evolved.  Giants don’t have the same minds they had when they were human.  Our brains have improved and we see things with total clarity that we never had as a human.  Bad habits and certain choices don’t seem to matter anymore because we are not completely the same people we once were.  Have you noticed a change in your ex-husband’s attitude or even the children’s” Sven asked the small woman.

“Well, now that you say it, my kids seem more agreeable and considerate.  They seem to listen.  Mike would’ve fought the divorce tooth and nail but he didn’t.  He agreed to it without a fight.  He never told me why either,” Jane said and Sven smiled.

“That’s because he knows that you not his true only.  Mike still loves you, there is no doubt about that but he has realized that you are not his true one anymore.  All giants have only one mate and that is the person they are totally attached to.  Some giants like the Smiths, the Andersons and the James’ that were married before the changes stayed together because their love ran so deep that there was no way of changing that.  I understand that you and Mike were seeing a marriage consoler before the evolution began?”  Sven asked.

“Yes we were.  I loved him, but things just weren’t the same anymore,” Jane said.  “Mike sees now that we were never meant to be.”  Jane was sad because she wanted it to work not only for herself but for the kids as well.

“I’m sorry Jane,” Sven said with compassion oozing from his every fiber.

“We all can’t have a happily ever after.  It’s not your fault, Sven,” Jane looked up at the giant with tears in her eyes.  Sven engulfed Jane into a gentle embrace as the little human woman cried.

Jane visited her children everyday she could.  Her babies were getting bigger and bigger with each visit until one day Robby stood at his full height of twenty one feet and three inches while the twins stood sixteen feet and eight inches.  Jane never thought her children would grow this big.

“You are fully grown for the time being,” Allison declared.  “Anymore growing you do will be on mother nature now,” the giantess tells the three kids.

“We’re big,” the twins said in unison.  “Bigger than an elephant?”

“Pretty much,” Allison responded with a smile.  Jane accepted this now.  A few months ago she would try to kill herself but now she could see how happy her ‘little ones’ are now. 

Jessica picked up Jane in a gentle hug and Jane laughed.

“I do want to study the twins a little farther,” Allison said.  “Human twins have some uncanny abilities that I’m quite sure Jessica and Jordan possess in a magnified way.  This study will come in useful,” Allison said to Jane.

“Are you going to do the usual psychic test on them?” Jane asked and Allison nodded.  Jane agreed to let the giantess do her testing on the twins.

 

Jane stood in a crowd of people.  Some were there to protest the latest law on sterilization that congress was trying to pass.  All were touched by giants in one way or another.  Jane wore four pins with pictures of giants she cared about on her thick winter coat.  Sven refused her request for his picture even though Jane wanted him on her coat next to her ex and children.  She held up a sign that said in bright red letters:  GIANTS ARE PEOPLE TOO.  She marched until her feet were sore. 

Some of the people were neo-hippies while others were there for the same reasons as Jane.  They wanted a better future for their loved ones who would probably outlive them.  Jane was one of the few humans in that small age group that was evolving into the new race.  Jane knew that there weren’t very many humans like her left.

 

 

 

 

Homecoming by nancyarcher

Time went on at Gaea House for Sven Lindquist and before he knew it, that boyish face wasn’t staring back at him in the mirror much longer.  He looked to be in his twenties again and feeling like the tall man he once was.  Standing at thirty-two feet and six inch, Sven felt big once again but he didn’t take pride in his stature like he did when he was a human.  Sven just didn’t care anymore.

A small knock came from his hangar door.  Sven didn’t have a giantess in his life but he did have a human divorcee by the name of Jane Powers.  The once giant hating human had recently turned activist for giant rights and ironically is dating the biggest giant residing at Gaea House.

“My big old Viking,” Jane said the minute Sven opened the large door.  Sven laughs at the small woman.

“My little lady,” Sven responds in kind.  He picks her up and brings her close to his face where she kisses his nose.  Sven did truly look like a Norse God with long silky golden hair and sparkling blue eyes.  Sven kept a short stubbly beard that Jane found attractive.  All Sven needed was a horned helmet.

“Mike has the kids for a few days and I’m feeling lonely,” Jane says.  “Are you feeling lonely too?”

“Not since I opened the door,” Sven said to his human and Jane blushed.  “I have good news; Dan Hester was released to go home today.”

“That’s great baby.  I could only imagine Leah’s reaction to her new husband,” Jane said, looking up into those striking blue eyes.  Jane still couldn’t believe that someone like Sven would want to spent time with her.  Jane was attractive but not in the same league as her giant.  Jane had a full figure but not quite plus size with dirty blond hair and blue eyes.  Something about Jane attracted Sven, something more than just vanity.

“Roddy is almost fully evolved too.  He even talked to the others like I advised him to do months ago.  He figured out the missing component in his version of Titan XL5.  According to Aaron’s spy, Calvin is only nine and half feet tall and has been for quite a while.  I worry though,” Sven said with a sad look in his eyes.  Sven did his best to stay on Gaea property due to his shady citizenship status.  He knew that Calvin had spies on the outskirts of the giants’ property.  He didn’t want Calvin to know he was living here and as a giant.  Calvin would do his best to have him deported if he knew and Sven didn’t want that, although it would be interesting what mode of transportation they would use to haul him back to Sweden in.

“You’re worried about a little half pint like Calvin Harper?  Sven dearest, you could easily crush that bastard,” Jane said as she stroked Sven’s thumb.  Sven sat down on his couch and placed Jane on his chest so the she could be close to him when they talked.  Jane never minded sitting on Sven strong naked chest.  Jane played with his curly blond chest hairs that were longer than the hairs on her head.

“It’s more than that, Janie.  You remember when I told you that I wasn’t a nice person when I was human?”

 

“That was the day you found out that you’re a healer.  I remember and how,” Jane said, touching her cheek where Sven had healed it.  Sven was one of those rare giants with abilities that no ordinary giant has.  He can heal the wounded with his touch, an ability he is proud to have.

“Well, this is hard for me to tell you,” Sven said, noticing his accent was slipping again.  Sven accent came through whenever his emotions got the best of him.  Sven didn’t want to have this talk with his human.  He regretted all the rotten under-handed stuff he did as a human.  If he didn’t let his own greed get the best of him, he wouldn’t be having this talk.

“Sven, I told you that I don’t care, that was your old life.  You’re not that person anymore, you’re better now,” Jane said to her giant.  Jane felt an instant attraction to Sven.  Despite her old giant hating ways, Jane has learned the advantages of having what she likes to call ‘the big people’ around.

“I used to work for Calvin Harper before I came here.  I was a prisoner in one of Molly and Adam’s cages just like that Franklin Morgan clown is now.  Calvin Harper was going to kill me if I didn’t do something,” Sven said as regret filled his eyes.  Jane’s eyes widened at this revelation.  Jane loved her giant and knew that he harbored secrets but nothing like this.

“How…What?!?”  Jane managed to say.  Tears started to form in the giant’s blue eyes.

“I was a bad man, Jane.  I smuggled drugs into the country.  Before that I was a promising doctor, but I got disenchanted with it.  I wanted more so I lost my license when I got involved with the Swedish drug scene.  I never used at first, but I sold. The money was way more than that I made as a doctor.   I was even a bodybuilder at one time but got kicked out because when I did finally give into using, I used steroids and other illegal performance enhancers so I could have an edge.  Calvin Harper hired me as a bodyguard and caregiver because of my background and the fact that I was a big man.  He saved me from deportation back to Sweden where I would have definitely ended up in prison.  That is how I ended up working for Calvin Harper,” Sven explained without breaking down.  He never wanted Jane to find out about his ‘past life.’

“I don’t hate you Sven.  I hate human Sven that did all that bad stuff but not my Sven.  My Sven is kind and caring, human Sven was greedy and arrogant.  I don’t think they can even deport you now, you’re not even human anymore,” Jane said as she climbed up towards Sven’s neck and kissed his cheek.  Sven moved his hand up to her and Jane understood Sven’s every move and hopped right onto his hand.  Jane felt a quake from her upset giant, Sven wanted to cry.

“I worry about us, Jane.  If Calvin Harper finds me…”

“You’re big and strong.  You can take care of yourself,” Jane said.

“It’s not me that I’m worried about, it’s you,” Sven said as tears fell from his eyes.  “I worry about what he will do if he finds out that not only am I a giant but that I have a human mate as well.  Calvin will send his goons to take you away from me or worse.”

Jane frowned.  She felt bad for Sven.  Sven had saved her life twice and she needed to keep him protected.  Jane had marched in many protests recently against giant laws trying to be passed and while she did it; all she thought about was her Norse God waiting for her return.  She also thought about the four other giants she loved dearly, even though one of those giants was her ex-husband, Michael Powers.  “I won’t let that happen,” Jane finally said.  “I’ll stop going to protests and I’ll stay here with you.  Hell, I’ve been meaning to move out of the old house since I practically live here already.”

Sven gave her a sad and somber smile.  “What about Mike and the kids?” Sven asked.

“Mike doesn’t care that I’ve moved on and the kids seem to like you.  They’ve accepted that Mike and I are no longer.  I don’t foresee it being a problem,” Jane said and Sven agreed…

 

“Dan,” Leah said in her normal tone of voice as Dan walked into his home with Steven James by his side.  Leah flung her arms around his neck excited to have her husband back to the way she remembered him.  Leah snuggled close into the newly grown body of her loving husband.  “I miss you,” she then said looking up at him.

“I miss you too,” Dan said, looking down at Leah and feeling normal for once.  “I’m really going to miss my favorite place most of all,” Dan then whispered into Leah’s ear and she blushed.  She knew exactly what Dan meant by that.

“Dan Hester,” Leah said playfully and Dan smiled.  Everything was back to the way it once was at the Hester farm, except that all the Hesters were now five times bigger than they once were.

“Unfortunately, I had to close up shop earlier than I was planning,” Dan said, referring to his law firm.  He gave his loyal secretary enough funds to live out her days and the deed to the building.  This came as a great shock to Eleanor Bird.  “The bitch of it is, I can’t fit into the courtroom anymore, and so what’s the point in having a law practice.  I’m only exclusively a giant’s rights lawyer now.  Alex offered me a job to head up the legal department for the Gaea Foundation and I took it.  I can’t wait till the day the legal department becomes a thing of the past and we don’t need to answer to those pesky humans anymore,” Dan then said with a crocked smile.  He leaned in and kissed his wife on the lips.  He now stood thirty feet tall and he loved having his wife back to the way she used to be. 

“Dad,” Dan heard the excited voice of his son.  He looked down and Josh was there at his legs.  Instead of Josh picking him up, Dan picked his son up and Josh laughs.  “We’re all big now.”

“Yes we are,” Dan said, pulling his sixteen foot son into a hug.  The Hesters now brought the term ‘large family’ a new meaning…

 

Derek Harper had found a way to sneak onto the Gaea House property without getting caught or so he thought.  Derek was unaware of the eyes in the sky watching him.  Perched high in the tree sat the large winged predator watching the pesky human.  The bird was bigger than any natural flying mammal in the sky.  Golden feathers, yellow eyes and talons that could do some severe damage to the human it was spying on.  The bird was also highly intelligent and evolved.  The bird was given its order just to watch the little human.

Derek Harper brought his cell phone with a high powered camera to take pictures of the giants he could see.  He also had his special sunglasses in case he runs into that bitch of a giantess and he wore a newly developed helmet under his knit cap that Calvin’s company developed to keep from telepathic intruders.  Derek Harper was fully prepared for surveillance on the giants of Gaea House.  The only thing Derek hated was the cold weather.  He needed to do this before the blizzard.  Snow has a bad habit of leaving evidence…

 

Aaron Smith felt the brainwaves of his feathered friend coming in strong.  Aaron saw the small hole in the twelve foot chain link fence and the human in a winter coat staying within the wooded outskirts of the complex clearing.  The face of the human looked familiar to Aaron; it was that of the human that bullied Cody Matthews.  The stupid little human was here to spy on them.  Aaron decided to send out a message to his teenage daughter’s only.

Cody this is Aaron, you up for some fun?  Aaron broadcasted with a smile knowing full and well that Cody would want his comeuppance against his past bully.

What’s going on future father?  Aaron heard the joking voice of Cody in his head.

We’ve got a ‘little’ spy problem hanging out in the trees near Alpha Five.  He’s trying to be slick but failing miserably.  You might recognize him.  Be careful, he has an arsenal of giant repellent equipment but I hate to tell him this, you can’t repel our size.  I’ll let Adam and Molly know so that they can get another cage ready.  Aaron broadcasted back.

Will do Dad.  Cody’s thought returned and Aaron smiled.  Cody joked with Aaron about his status as Lindsey’s boyfriend.  Aaron knew that his daughter was attached to the adolescent giant.  Aaron never told his daughter that he already thought of Cody as a son…

 

Cody Matthews tried to get into the human’s head but he could hear nothing.  The human was unaware of the giant stalking him.  Cody had an uncanny ability to be quiet despite his size.  All the giants seemed stealthy despite their size.  Cody wished he had Brad Hester’s talent right now but Brad was one of those rare giants just like Sven Lindquist who the dumb little human was spying on.  Cody watched as the human took pictures of Jane Powers and then of Sven when he opened the door.

“That little asshole,” Cody mumbled quietly to himself.  He couldn’t see the human’s face but recognized the body language.  “Son of a bitch,” Cody then quietly whispered.  Thanks Dad.  He thought towards Aaron Smith and then he heard Aaron laugh in his head.

Cody had a physical talent, Cody was fast.  Not just fast but superfast.  He could run as fast as a bullet but he rarely used his talent due to his perimeter barriers.  Cody just didn’t have enough space to run.  Cody let Derek take his pictures before he quietly crept up on the asshole.

Derek Harper didn’t see it coming.  He felt himself getting lifted several feet off the ground and then he heard a loud and familiar voice say, “I’ve got you, you little dickhead.”

Derek realized that he was dangling by his winter coat and looking into the familiar face of a well-known bastard.  “M-M-Matthews!  What the hell!  Put me down,” Derek screamed and Cody laughed.

“No,” Cody simply said with a smirk.  Cody enjoyed this.  “Nice sunglasses,” Cody then said as he pulled them off Derek's nose and crushed them between his thumb and index finger.  “I don’t know why you need those on a cloudy day like this anyway.”

“You little bastard!” the annoying human screamed.  “Those were designer!”

Cody laughs.  “I seriously doubt that,” Cody said smugly.  “What’s this?” Cody said as his gently tapped Derek’s head and Derek struggled.  “Another fashion statement I assume,” Cody said as he gently nudged the helmet off of Derek’s small head and let it fall to the ground.  Cody then crushed the small helmet under his bare foot and laughed.

They know all about Uncle Calvin’s stuff.  Damn, Matthews is huge.  I hope he doesn’t try to eat me.  The fucker is big enough to.  Derek’s thoughts flooded Cody’s mind.

“Piss ants give me indigestion,” Cody said with a playful scowl.  “Beside there is not enough meat on your bones,” Cody then said with a laugh.  “I’m getting tired of playing with you.  I may be a bastard but my mommy taught me to share.  I’m taking you to meet my friends, Adam and Molly.  They like having little playthings around,” Cody said playfully and started walking towards Alpha Four…

The Heat Is On by nancyarcher

Molly hung the cage from the hangar ceiling.  Franklin Morgan sat cowered in his cage instead of catching a glimpse of the newest prisoner.

“Aww, Frankie do you have to be that way?  Mr. Matthews was kind enough to bring you a friend,” the giantess known as Molly said in her exaggerated Carolina drawl and pouted her lips.

“You’ve finally broke me, happy now, you enormous bitch!”  Franklin yelled and Molly giggled as she hung the cage containing Derek Harper.

“Now there’s the Frankie I’ve come to know and love,” Molly said, giving the little man a smile.  “You might recognize your new friend as Calvin Harper’s nephew, Derek Harper.”

Franklin looked at the new occupant of Sven Lindquist’s old cage.  Franklin caught sight of the newly evolved Sven recently and realized his right foot wouldn’t even fit in that cage anymore.  The new occupant was a shaken up twenty-year old playboy, handsome in that nineteen eighties brat pack sort of way.  He wore a heavy quilted down winter coat which made Franklin realize that he wasn’t aware of the time of the year, blue jeans and thick gloves. 

“What are you looking at you little piss ant?” Derek Harper glared at the rat like man.

“One stupid man,” Franklin responded and returned the glare.

“Now boys, am I going to have to put you to work already?  My nails are starting to look like they need a file,” Molly said, buffing her nails on her green dress.

“Great, a giantess with a sense of humor. How did I get so lucky,” Derek mumbled.

“You just a big ‘ole flirt, Derek Harper,” Molly said in her exaggerated accent but then changed into a darker tone, “Your flattery will get you nowhere here.”  Molly’s pupils dilated as she caught Derek’s gaze.  Derek tried to fight her gaze by shutting his eyes but he couldn’t.  He felt like his head was in a vice the more he fought.

“Molly,” the voice of a giant said.  “That’s no way to treat our newest guest.”  Derek Harper got a view of the biggest giant he has ever seen.  Jet black hair tied back loosely and cold blue eyes.  The giant carried himself like an authority figure.  He wore what looked like track pants with a form fitting t-shirt showing off his every muscle.  Derek was afraid of Cody Matthews but the fear this giant ignited in him there was no words for.

“Oh Adam, do you have to be such a wet blanket,” Molly said in her normal sweet voice.  She threw her arms around Adam and they kissed, putting on a show for their houseguest…

 

Jane played games with Sven she called pet names to.  Names like, messing with saquash or her personal favorite, pole dancing.  It wasn’t sex in a sense that Jane would like to think but her giant took great pleasures in her little games of foreplay.  That’s all it ever was, foreplay.  Sven was just way too well endowed for Jane.  Even if he were human, Jane suspected Sven was probably well endowed then too.  It hurt Sven that he couldn’t return the favor but he had his plans for after Jane evolves if she ever does.  Jane seemed satisfied just lying naked on her giant’s well sculpted chest.  His chest hairs were like a warm soft blanket that Jane lazily played with.  Sven’s hand covered her small fragile naked body and plays with her hair with his index finger.  He sits up on his bed and smiles down at her.  Sweat covered the both of them.  Jane moans.

“Bigfoot can get a little scary,” Jane mutters and Sven smile widened.  “I bet that thing was just as scary when you were human,” Jane then says and Sven laughs.

“I wish I could pleasure you the way you have pleasured me, my Little Jane,” Sven says as he feels Jane’s tiny hand play with his chest hairs.

“That all right Thor, this is just as nice.  Besides I need you to save up all that thunder because after I get big, I just might break you,” Jane says with a lazy smile.

“So I am your thunder god now?  What happened to Viking?”  Sven said playfully.

“Same thing, either way, you’re going to be in some serious trouble when my day comes.  Don’t believe me, ask Mike, he should know,” Jane purred and Sven laughed.  Jane loved the feel of his laughter as his chest shook. 

“I must say, that if I smoked, I would, my naughty little housewife,” Sven said as he gently rubbed his index finger along Jane’s jawline.  Jane blushed but she was by no means innocent.  She sighed and fell asleep under Sven’s blanketing hand.  Sven just sat there and watched his Jane.

Sven was nearly asleep himself when he heard the voice in his head.  Sven, you’re needed at Alpha Two.  Melinda’s water just broke and I need your help.  Sven heard the voice of Steven James.  Sven carefully tried to lay Jane down on his pillow but she woke up.

“What is it, baby?” Jane asked rubbing her eyes.

“Looks like Jacob James wants to come into the world,” Sven said as he pulls his track pants back on.

“Melinda is ready to have her baby?  That’s wonderful,” Jane said in a daze.

“I’ve got to go, I’ll be home as soon as I can and we can start where we left off,” Sven said, tying his hair back loosely.  He bends down and kisses Jane’s forehead.  Jane felt the heat and warm sweetness of his breath and the feel of his stubble.  “Don’t go anywhere,” Sven then said as he made sure the giant sheet reached the floor so that Jane may crawl out of the bed at any time.  Jane kissed his cheek and smiled before she crawled back under the covers.

“I’ll be right here, waiting,” Jane purred and Sven gave her one last smile before walking out the door…

 

“Did you send those pictures?” Adam asks the cowering human.  Molly had taken the delicate tiny cell phone and placed it on a pad that linked directly into the Goliath Five system.  The pad was designed to pick up any kind of memory from any device.  Molly had found the pictures of Sven with Jane Powers and an up close picture of Cody’s nose.  Jane worried that the phone directly sent them after being taken. 

“If Calvin Harper finds out about his former whipping boy being here, shit is definitely going to hit the fan.  Who’s knows what’ll happen to poor Sven,” Molly said. 

“I don’t know, darling but this little piss ant can answer that,” Adam says, looking directly at the cage sitting on the table.  “What do you say Harper?”

“Uncle Calvin wanted me to come here and so I did.  I don’t know if he ever got those pictures,” Derek sobbed out.

“Adam knows if you’re lying, little boy.  I hope you answered him honest,” Molly said as she gave a dazed Franklin Morgan his evening meal.  Molly wanted Derek to see what she can do to humans.  Franklin Morgan was a coherent vegetable.  “Now eat,” she mumbled to the dazed Franklin and he abided.

“I did send the one of just the woman but not the rest,” Derek then said.  Adam stayed silent for a moment.

“He’s right,” Adam finally said.

“Oh no, Jane is alone right now.  Sven had to go deliver Melinda’s boy.  One of us needs to go over there right now.  What’s stopping Calvin from sending backup,” Molly said.

“You’re right darling.  Hang the little piss ant back up and let’s go,” Adam said…

 

Cody, you’re fast.  Can you do us a solid and check up on Jane Powers?  She just moved into Lindquist’s hangar and she’s all by herself. I know the boys are out repairing the fence right now but that doesn’t mean that any of Calvin’s goons are still wandering around here.  Cody heard Adam’s voice in his head.  Cody got up out of his bed and moved like a flash putting on his track pants and t-shirt.  He then ran past his mom in a flash who just stood there in a daze.

I’m on my way.  Those mother fuckers are going have to get up pretty early to beat me.  If any of them are holding Jane hostage, I’ll call Ally. I heard she’s one hell of a fighter. Cody broadcasted back.  Cody loved using his speed but he had to be pretty careful of all the human workers around Gaea House.  He jumped over a parked van on his way.  Most of the workers were inside getting ready for the blizzard.

Cody made it from his bedroom to Sven’s door in five minutes and that was including getting dressed and brushing his teeth.  Cody just let himself in.  That was when Cody heard Jane say, “Get away from me you assholes!”

Cody went to the bedroom to find Jane in nothing but her bathrobe surrounded by six thugs dressed in black.  “I don’t have to scream, you shitheads,” Jane said to the thugs who were trying to grab her. 

They’re wearing those stupid helmets and sunglasses. No matter, It’ll just pluck up each one individually.  They won’t know what hit ‘em.  I’ll be a piece of cake.  Cody thought to himself…

Life Savers by nancyarcher

Cody watched the six thugs from around the door jam and notices that they were all carrying high powered rifles.  One rifle would just leave a wound but six could potentially kill. Cody was trying to formulate a plan when he felt another presence close behind him.

I’m a fair fighter but not against that many guns.  Good thing I got finished with my calls early.  I was getting ready to see if Sven needed any help when I picked up on this commotion.  It’s a shame; I really wanted to be there to see the first giant baby being born.  Cody heard Allison’s voice in his head.  He turned around to see the worried look on the petite giantess’s face.  Adam and Molly quietly crept behind Allison.

Not a completely fair fight, Adam.  There are six of them with high powered rifles, Molly proof sunglasses and helmets to block out their thoughts.  Looks like the only advantages we have working for us is my speed and size.  I can go in there and disarm them but the only problem I have is that I’ve never handled a gun in my life.  Cody broadcasted to the thirty foot giant.

Let me have a look in there.  I can see if they have the safety on those guns, if they don’t, be very careful, Cody.  You’re our only hope to disarm them.  Adam broadcasted back to the young giant and Cody nodded.

Adam was ready to just storm into the room when he noticed they had Jane on her knees.  “Nasty giant fucking bitch,” one of the thugs said.  “How in the fuck can you live with yourself?  They don’t belong with us,” the nasty little man said with a smirk as he pulled open Jane’s robe to reveal her curvaceous naked body.  Jane whimpered as the thug ran his hands through her hair.  “I can show you what a real fuck feels like,” the thug then said and Jane spit on him and the thug just laughed.  “Feisty little giant fucker, aren’t you?” the thug said as he pulled on Jane’s hair causing her to let out a scream…

 

Sven felt it.  Something was wrong and there was nothing he could do about it, a doctor can’t just leave while taking care of the patient.  Melinda was ready to pop that baby out at any moment and he had no choice but to be here at Alpha Two.  Steven held his wife’s hand like any loving husband would in his wife’s hour of need.  Sven couldn’t help but think of Jane and hope that whatever is causing this sudden stress would go away…

 

Okay, so the plan is set.  Be very careful with the guns, Cody and don’t smash any of those sunglasses or helmets.  I want to know what that little prick Harper did to create those.  Ally will then go in and pave the way for Molly.  Again, at least try to save at least one pair of glasses and one helmet.  I’ll be right out this door with the cages.   I’m not as fast as Cody but I’m quicker than those little assholes.  Just be very careful of Jane.  I don’t know how Sven would be if something happens to her but that’s not going to happen under our watch.  Adam broadcasted as Cody prepared himself.  Usually Cody was forbidden to use his speed indoors but this was a special case and a chance to prove himself as a giant.  Cody wasn’t going to let his ego get in the way.

In the blink of an eye, Cody Matthews disappeared in blinding speed.  Everything looked to be in a standstill for Cody.  The one thug still had a hold on Jane’s hair and her face was distorted in pain.  Cody still had to be careful of the humans on the gigantic bed.  Once the first gun would go missing, the others would be quick to reach for their own and even at Cody’s speed; he was still a large moving target.  Cody decided to reach for the ringleader’s gun first since he was distracted with Jane.  Cody carefully pulled the tiny weapon from its strap causing him to lift the little man into the air a bit before the strap gave way.  The little human fell on the soft surface of the mattress while the others put their guns at the ready and aim for a target they couldn’t even see.  This made getting the other five guns easy.  Cody then decided he would try to grab Jane too since the stunned human had let her go.  Cody then took his chance without compromising much of his speed and he carefully picked Jane up and made for the door before the thugs even had a chance to realize she was gone.

Jane looked up, stunned from Cody’s fast movements.  Once she got her bearings and realized she was with friends, Jane felt relieved.  “We’re not out of the water yet,” Cody whispered to the shaken up human.  Jane closed her robe when she realized she just gave an adolescent boy an eye full, but Cody wasn’t paying attention like most boys his age would, he only seemed concerned for her wellbeing.

Allison slinks into the bedroom like a lioness looking for prey.  Men were men all the same.  The thugs gasped at the sight of the lean slender giantess with the curly brown hair.  “Hi there boys,” Allison said in a smoky voice.  “Why don’t you try me on for size?”

Allison crawled up onto the bed and gave the men a view of her cleavage.  The thugs ogled.  None of them had ever seen a giantess up close.  Calvin Harper was the closest any of them had ever come to being near a giant and this giantess made Calvin look small.

Allison felt charm was the best approach and it they decided to get hostile, she could just take them all out at once.  “Why don’t you take off those cute little glasses so that I can see your handsome faces,” Allison said in a seductive tone.  As a giantess among other giants, Allison never noticed her beauty but she knew to human eyes, her beauty was something to behold.  She didn’t have the seductive talent that Molly possessed but she knew that she had something extra she didn’t have as an overweight human lab tech.

One of the men looked stunned and began to take his glasses off when the ringleader stopped him.  “What do you think you’re doing, you idiot,” growled the one that tried to rape Jane.

“Oh come on little man, I just wanted to see how handsome you all were,” Allison purred as she gently nudged the ringleader’s helmet off his head.  Terrible thoughts began to flood Allison’s mind the minute the helmet fell to the sheets.  Allison kept a straight face despite the bad thoughts.  She did pick up on the meeting they had with their boss, Calvin Harper. 

Calvin received a picture of Jane Powers standing at the hangar door.  Calvin gave the orders to the men to kidnap Jane and torture her to see what she knows of the giants and their secrets.  The men have been keeping an eye on Sven’s hangar.  When the moment the giant left, they were going to break in and kidnap Jane.

The ringleader thought the helmet was only for protection if something large was either dropped or thrown at them.  The goons had no clue that the giants possessed telepathy and the helmets were designed to block intruders invading their every thought.

“You’re the cutest one of them all,” Allison said, laying it on thick.  “I always wondered what it would be like to have a little man.”

“You’re never going to find out, you big cunt,” growled the ringleader and Allison laughed.

“Yes I do have a big cunt but you’re never going to find out,” Allison said as she snatched the little man up in her hands.  She then dangled him in front of her over the solid concrete floor.  She held him by his coat.  The four other thugs tried to reach for their weapons but realized that they have been disarmed by some unforeseen force.  The ringleader pissed his pants.

“Take off the glasses or I’m going to drop him,” Allison said.  “We are not the pacifist you think we are.  If he doesn’t die from the fall, he will most certainly die if I crush him under my foot.”

The five thugs slowly took off their sunglasses and Molly enters the room.  The men gasped when they saw that Allison wasn’t the biggest giantess anymore.  Molly quickly had their attention and just like a snake, Molly began to use her unusual talent on them.  She ordered them to leave the room and they obeyed.  Each walked into the cages Adam had ready without knowing that they were walking into their own prison.  Molly took the ringleader and shoved him into one of the cages.  The giants then gave each other high fives…

 

Sven smiled when he saw his new giant friends happy with their latest edition.  A red headed infant that was larger than any human only cried for a minute after entering into the world but calmed down as soon as his father held him.  Jacob James was a beautiful baby boy of nine feet, two inches with a weight of three hundred and twenty five pounds.  He was healthy despite the fact that he grew with his mother.  He seemed more aware in the first minutes of his life than his human counterparts.  Baby Jacob started learning the moment he left his mother’s womb.

Sven still felt stress but it had calmed a bite.  His first thoughts were of Jane.  Then Allison came into the hangar.  “Sven, Jane needs you.  There was a situation at your place and Jane is a little shaken up.  I can take care of Melinda and the baby.  Your poor Jane was attacked and nearly raped by Harper’s thugs.  She’s okay now but she only wants you.  Cody and Molly are over there with her right now,” Allison said, looking up at Sven.

“How did this happen?  I’m sure one of us would have recognized strange humans on the grounds,” Sven managed to say as his accent slipped.

“That little prick, Calvin Harper has developed some giant proof technology to block our telepathy.  Adam and Molly have the goons that attacked her.  Dr. Gunderson and the others are going to start pulling apart Calvin’s toys to see what makes them tick.  Your job as of now is to go home and take good care of that human of yours, doctor’s orders.  We’ll explain everything later,” Allison said with concern in her eyes.  Sven didn’t want to argue with her and so he went back to his hangar…

 

The giant men of Gaea House unofficially adopted Cody Matthews.  Cody went from having no father to having several.  It wasn’t hard for the giants to like the likable blond teenager.  To them, Cody was everything a giant should be.  He was kind, caring, and brave, with a bit of a playful streak.  Cody developed quicker than any of the other Titan children.  Cody was the only one with a special ability that came in handy under the circumstances.  Adam praised Cody for his bravery before taking the prisoners away.  Cody felt like he truly belonged somewhere for the first time in his entire life.

“Are you going to be okay, Mrs. Powers?”  Cody asked the small human woman.  Jane looked up at the giant boy with a small smile.  She had changed into sweats and a t-shirt.  She had a black eye and some bruises from when the thugs roughed her up, other than that, Jane felt grateful to be surrounded by such caring people.  People that a few months ago she thought were monsters.

“Thanks to you Cody, I’ll live to see another day,” Jane said and sipped her tea.  Cody returned her smile.  “I just hope my Robby turns out to be like you,” Jane then complimented the giant teen.

“Robby is a good kid, Jane,” Molly says to the little human woman.

“Yeah, it’s nice I actually have someone close to my own age that I can just hang out with.  You can only handle being around girls and little kids so much,” Cody said with a crocked smile.

“At least he has someone like you to look up to,” Jane said as she stood up on the giant couch and patted Cody’s leg.

Sven came in like a storm and picked up Jane.  Concern filled his features as he held his tiny human.

“Jane, I heard, are you alright?” Sven asked with a thick accent as he held her close.  Sven held her to his chest in what could be best described as a giant’s version of a hug.  Jane snuggled into his t-shirt clad chest.

“I’m much better now,” she said, looking up into those worried icy blue eyes.  “Oh Sven, it was awful.”

Light flew out of Sven’s hands as he held Jane.  Jane closed her eyes from the blinding light.  Just as she did that, she felt two strong arms embrace her.  She looked up into the caring eyes of a human sized Sven.  Jane wanted to speak but couldn’t.  She felt her pain and soreness go away in that one small moment.  Jane then opened her eyes, still blanketed by the giant warm hands.  “I can’t believe I ever thought you were monsters,” she mumbled.  She looked up into those same caring eyes.

“You’re safe now, my Janie,” Sven whispered down to her, still letting his Scandinavian accent slip…

Strange Love by nancyarcher

 

“I never want to leave you again, Jane,” Sven said, still shaken about the whole situation.  “I should have been there.”

“You couldn’t help it, sweetie.  Thank God we have a lot of good friends,” Jane says as she looks over at Cody and Molly from her view on Sven’s chest.  Sven still held Jane in his version of an embrace.  Jane never minded it, she felt safe.  Sven whispers something in Swedish that Jane couldn’t understand but Molly and Cody could.  Jane had heard the phrase before but never asked what it meant.  From the look on Cody and Molly’s faces, it was a term of endearment as the two giants gave her a warm look.

Sven then whispers the words Jane had never thought she would hear from another man in her life, “I love you, Jane Powers.  I can’t live without you.”  Tears fell from his eyes and one hit Jane on the head.  She curled into his t-shirt clad chest to listen to the loud thump of his massive heart.

“I love you too, Sven Lindquist, my giant,” Jane whispered as tears fell from her eyes.  She wipes them on the soft material of his t-shirt and snuggles to the strong sculpted chest.  She hid herself under Sven’s hand as best she could to listen to the sweet sound of his heart.  Jane truly felt safe with Sven.

“I think it’s time to go, Cody,” Molly said as she nudged the teenager.  “We need to leave these two alone, besides I think Adam might just need our help.”  Molly gave Cody a knowing look.  Cody gave her a sheepish look in return and obeyed.

“See you later, Sven,” Cody said with his boyish smile but the much bigger giant ignored him.  All he could think about was his Jane that he delicately held to his chest.  He looked down at her and felt that strange connection they both shared.  He knew that Jane liked hearing the sound of his heart; it soothed her like the waves on the ocean.  He watched as she curled up into a ball and held his t-shit in her tiny hands.

Sven sat down and delicately stroked Jane’s small form and he hears her cries.  She curled up into him and Sven stroked Jane’s hair with his index finger.  He gently uncurled her body.  “Jane, look at me,” he says softly to her, still letting that Scandinavian accent slip and Jane looks up at her giant’s caring face.  “I am not going to let you out of my sight ever again, even after and if you ever grow into a giantess.  I will always be with you, even when you are all alone.  Just think of me and I’ll give you my courage and strength,” Sven said as he stroked her cheek with his index finger.  Jane reached up and grabbed it.  Sven felt her tiny hand squeeze his enormous finger.  Sven took his other index finger and carefully wiped her tears.

“I don’t want to ever leave you, Sven.  You are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time, even if we can’t truly consummate our relationship the way we should.  I don’t mind giving you pleasure even if you can’t return the favor,” Jane managed to say behind her tears.

“There might be a way.  I felt you in my arms when I was healing you.  I even saw you the way you should be to me when I closed my eyes.  Maybe we can be with each other in our dreams,” Sven said.

“That’s a beautiful thought, my Viking.  If only we can do this,” Jane sighed as she calmed down.

“There is only one way to find out.  I don’t know about you but I’m exhausted,” Sven said with a yawn and then smiled down at his favorite human.  Jane gave him a lazy smile in return.

“After the day I just had, I could use a little shut eye,” Jane yawned and stretched before settling back to her most favorite place in the world, Sven’s strong chest.

“I’m going to put you in your bed, Janie.  I don’t want to risk crushing you,” Sven said as he held his hand out to his human.  Jane hopped on like she always did.  She smiles up at Sven knowing that he is going to take care of her the only way he can.

Sven took Jane into their bedroom where there was both a giant and human bed.  Sven delicately began removing Jane’s clothes.  Jane took care of her bra and panties as she finished the striptease all the while giving her giant Swede bedroom eyes.  Sven pulled back the covered on the small bed and gently deposited his lover on top of the mattress.  He touched her cheek gently with his index finger and Jane kissed the tip of it.  “Sweet dreams, my big man,” Jane said in a smoky voice.  Sven smiled down at her and played with her tiny breast under with his index finger.

“Tonight, I hope for a handful,” Sven said playfully and Jane giggled.

“Goodnight, you big lug,” Jane finally says, still laughing at her playful giant.

“Goodnight, my little mouse,” Sven says and using his amazing flexibility to kiss Jane on the head.  Jane took in the sweet scent of his breath.  Sven always smelled like peppermints for some reason but Jane couldn’t quite complain.

It didn’t take long for Jane to enter a dream state.  She dreams of her bed and lying on the bed is the long sexy form of her muscular Viking, naked as the day he was born, his blond silken hair in a free fall around him and those piercing blue eyes looking up at her.  Sven reaches out his hand to her and Jane smiles as she gladly accepts it…

 

The next morning Jane felt strangely sore.  Not sore from being beaten down by those awful men but a pleasurable sort of soreness between her legs.  Jane found it odd that she felt this way and then she thought of her dream where she laid with the human version of her giant.  Was the sex as real for him as it was for her?  She smelled Sven all over her.  She looks up at the giant bed to see that it’s empty and then she heard voices, the voices of her kids and ex-husband.

 “She was badly shaken up, Mike,” she heard Sven say.

“I thought I would give you two some space before I came over with the kids,” she then heard Mike quietly say, trying to keep his newly gigantic voice down.  Mike had grown to thirty feet.  He looked as he did when Jane started dating him, wavy dark brown hair and brown doe like eyes.  Mike sort of resembled a young Johnny Depp in his newly enlarged size.  He had thinned out dramatically as all those that evolve out of their overweight bodies do.  Mike looked vibrate and youthful, Jane felt old and worn out compared to the giants.  Some of the giants were even older than her and she still felt old.

“Jane will appreciate that.  She’s still asleep in the bedroom.  She had a few nightmares last night but I’ll make sure she’s going to be alright,” Sven said. 

Jane felt the foundation rattle as two sets of feet ran on the concrete floor like charging elephants.  Then she heard the whispers of two ‘little’ girls.  “Can we wake her up, Uncle Sven,” Jane heard the twins say in unison.  She envisioned her girls giving Sven their most innocent eyes and sweet smiles.  Jane then hears Sven’s musical laughter.  Sven was a sucker for the twins as he has grown to love Jane’s children as his own.

“Only if you wake her gently,” Sven quietly tells the two girls.

“And don’t run in there like a couple of bulls either.  Your Mom is not like us,” she then heard Mike tell them.

“We know,” the twins responded in unison.  Jane noticed that her girls were doing that more and more lately, especially after the growth.  She also noticed that the twins didn’t like to be separated either.  Before they played together and talked at the same time but Jessica and Jordan were always independent from each other.  Now they acted like a couple of Siamese twins joined at the hips.

Jane crawled back into her bed and pretended she was still sleeping as a couple of giant feet slowly crept to her bed.  Then Jane felt large plump index fingers poke and gently shake her and then she heard the unison whisper say, “Mom, you awake.”

Jane rolled over and smiled up at the two cherub faces taking up her field of vision.  They smiled down at her with caring and concerned eyes.  It was hard to distinguish the difference between Jessica and Jordan Powers but Jane always knew.  Even after the scars and freckles took leave of the girls’ bodies and they grew to be the same size, Jane could still tell the difference.

“Are you okay, Mom?” Jessica was the first to say.  Jessica was always the dominate personality of the two.

“I’m fine, Jess.  Sven has been taking good care of Mom,” Jane answered.

“I could smash those bad men,” Jordan said and Jane had to stifle a giggle.

“No sweetie, they had very powerful guns.  They were far too dangerous,” Jane said, still talking to her girls like she usually would even though they were both far more highly developed than Jane could ever imagine.  “Mommy is safe now.”

Jessica and Jordan both knelt by their mother’s bed and gently hugged their small mother.  Jane couldn’t believe at how gentle they could be to her and yet throw a large ball miles and miles away.  Tears fell from the girls’ eyes as they snuggled close to their mother.  Jane reached up and ran her hands through Jordan’s pigtail.  Mike had done a fine job of taking care of the girls.

The tall frame of a giant ten year old stood at the door.  His dark brown hair is a little longer now that Robby had grown into his new size.  Robby had adapted well to being a giant, some say better than the twins who are only five.  Robby had a sad look in his eyes.  Robby had broken one of Jane’s most important rules, never read her mind.  Jane knew this by the guilty demeanor the boy carried.

“It’s all right, baby.  Your good friend Cody rescued me before they could do anything real bad,” Jane said, assuring her giant son.

“I know Mom but you could have…” Robby stopped himself before the twins could hear.  The girls weren’t developed enough for the telepathy to kick in, for which Robby and Jane were grateful.

“I’m here and I’m fine,” Jane responded…

 

A month passed and Sven endured Jane’s cries at night when she woke from her nightmares.  The visions of that day played in Jane’s head.  Sven also pleasured Jane in her dreams.  They rarely spoke in their dream state as they made hot passionate love.   Sven enjoyed the feel of Jane’s breast in his ample sized human hands and Jane loved the feel of Sven generous cock breaking her barriers.  Jane always felt sore in the morning but it was a good kind of sore.

One morning Jane woke up and realized that her period had been two weeks late.  She didn’t want to tell Sven so she went to the only giant she felt comfortable discussing this with, Allison Hayes.

“The test is positive.  You sure that you haven’t had sex with Mike?” the giantess asks her.

“I’m sure.  It’s probably been since that night Brad rescued him from the lake.  Since then, I’ve been bleeding pretty regularly,” Jane replied.

“It’s impossible for Sven to get you pregnant.  He is way too big.  I don’t know what to say?”

“Can I tell you a secret, Ally?”

“Sure Jane.”

“Sven and I have dream sex at least once a night.  Usually after I exhaust myself searching for Bigfoot,” Jane said with a blush and Allison smiles.

“Jane Powers, you dirty girl!  I wondered how you kept your man happy considering that his junk is as big as you.”

“He likes it, that’s all that matters,” Jane said matter of fact.

“I guess.  You’re going to cause me to jump all over my giant now,” Allison laughed and shook her head.

“Do you think this dream sex could have caused this?” Jane asked in a serious tone.

“Anything is possible with us.   I’m glad you came to me first about this.  I’ll get a tech to take your blood.  I want to make sure to see where you are on your species status.  It’s possible you could’ve started evolving without knowing.  Pregnant women evolve differently,” Allison explain.

 

Jane waited in the clinic for the results of her test.  She was definitely pregnant but her blood came back normal and her species status never changed.  Jane was still one hundred percent human.  It was only a matter of time for her to find out anymore…

Goodwill by nancyarcher

 

Spartan Falls was getting hit by the storm of the century, a blizzard that left the town in a white blanket.  Alex Anderson and Steven James came up with the perfect way to help out the town and the image of giants everywhere.  Alex called the city hall and talked to the mayor.

“I think this will benefit us all,” the mayor told Alex.  “After everything you have done for my daughter.  I think it will most certainly help with the town’s views on Gaea House.”

“Good, then it’s settled.  All the giants will help clear the streets and even help out a few stuck humans,” Alex said with a smile.

“If anything, you’ll be helping save the town some money by not running the snow plows.  I’ll have to send a few dump trucks out though.  You sure your giants can be careful about loading the trucks?”

“Perfectly Mr. Johnson, I’ll send our men out as soon as possible,” Steve answered the human on the other end of the conference call.

“Anything to get that Harper’s ass off of this whole, trying to shut down Gaea House kick.  That bastard needs to get off his high horse anyway and see that you’re all good people out there.  Isn’t that your land anyway, Mr. Anderson?”  Mr. Johnson asks.

“After the town sold it to me, yes it is,” Alex answered the mayor.

“What a miserly prick,” Mr. Johnson mumbled into the phone.  Alex and Steve smiled at each other.  Both were always grateful to have one more human on their side.  “Let me go to the radio station first so that I can let the citizens know that you’ll be out on the streets.  Widow Foster had a near accident the last time she saw Brad Hester out.  Been meaning to ask, what did you feed that man to make him so huge?”

Alex and Steve laughed.  “He’s just the way he should have been without his disorder.  That’s the way Brad Hester would have looked without the Downs Syndrome,” Steve explained.

“No matter, he stopped her before she hit that light pole,” the mayor responded.

“That sounds like our Mr. Hester,” Steve said in a hearty voice.  “He doesn’t like to see anybody get hurt.”  Steve knew that Brad used his own hands to stop the car.  One rule the Gaea House had for all giants was that they were not allowed to use their special abilities in front of unknown humans.  The humans living and working for Gaea House knew that the giants had these abilities, not the world outside of Gaea House.

“We’ll turn on the radio, Eric.  I won’t send our giants out until you us give the all clear,” Alex tells the mayor of Spartan Falls, fifty five year old, Eric Johnson. 

Eric Johnson’s daughter fell ill with the virus in the summer months, her fiancée followed shortly after.  Eric was on the fence about the whole giant phenomena until he realized his town was quickly put on the map for it.  After his beautiful and only daughter fell ill and began her evolution into a twenty-seven foot walking goddess, Eric did what he could in his power to help The Gaea Foundation.  He even developed a kinship with some of the giants.  Adam Jones was one of those giants.  Eric knew that Adam secretly kept watch over Spartan Falls after the crime rate plummeted.  Some of the giants even helped clean up the old downtown area by painting and repairing the beautiful old buildings.  They even knocked down the ones that couldn’t be saved.  Spartan Falls was becoming a wealthy small city because of Gaea House and the giants residing there and on the outskirts of town.  Eric was proud to call Spartan Falls his home…

“I’m sorry I can’t be of any help to you,” Sven tells Alex and Steve.  “It’s that whole Calvin Harper thing.  He thinks I left the country.”

“It’s alright Sven.  Molly has offered to help instead.  We should have enough giants out there.  You can keep watch over the kids.  Cody, Lindsey, Anne, Robby and Kylie can keep the Gaea House property clear.  You and Roderick can keep an eye on them for us,” Alex tells the tall blond giant.  At one time Alexander Anderson was considered the tallest giant in the world until Brad Hester and Sven Lindquist evolved.

“You also have that wonderful little lady of yours to take care of,” Steve said, talking about Jane Powers, a special human to a very special giant.  Sven gives him a crocked yet boyish smile.

“That I do,” Sven said.

“How did her latest testing go?” Alex asks.

“She’s still human but we won’t know anything about how the baby is doing for a couple of more weeks.  I swear I can almost hear its heart beat,” Sven said.

“Well, we’re all proud of you big guy.  I know she likes to come see Jacob even though she can’t hold him.  All women seem to love babies no matter the size,” Steve tells him, proud of his own baby giant.

“I’m going to watch her like a hawk.  I don’t want to have this pregnancy be the end of her,” Sven said, letting his accent slip again.  The Swedish giant always let his accent slip whenever he felt the slightest bit of stress or pain, now it was his concern for a human that caused it.

“We understand,” Alex said, patting the bigger giant on the shoulder…

All the giants that offered to help clean up the town stood in an empty hangar at Gaea House.  Each of them were dressed in track pants with strips going down the legs and t-shirts the said Gaea House on the breast with the picture of the goddess logo on the back.  Alex and Steve had shovels made special for all the giants.  It was no secret that the cold and wind didn’t affect the newly evolved like it did their human counterparts.  The giants really had no need for clothing or shoes but wore clothing out of respect for the humans.  They were the Adams and Eves of the world without the poison apple.

Cody and the other giant children of Gaea House stood in with the group.  Cody held Lindsey Smith’s hand while Kylie and Robby seemed to be hitting it off lately.  Then there was Anne who was eleven years of age.  She felt like the odd giantess out.  Her parents volunteered her for the Titan Project after discovering that her leukemia had gotten worst.  They were planning her funeral when her doctor called and told them about the giant’s project.  Anne’s father had worked at Anderson Corporation for years and stayed on even after he found out the owner was now a titan of industry quite literally.  Anne’s mother jumped at the chance of her only daughter beating her cancer while her father wasn’t as easy to convince.

Alex Anderson came to their house one night and Anne was in awe of the giant man that was bigger than their house.  Alex frightened the mousy nearsighted girl at first but as she got to know him, Anne wasn’t afraid of him.  The giant even held her and she got to see his world.  The excitement was almost too much for the dying Anne.  Her red curls were completely gone and she was nothing but skin and bones but Alex Anderson gave her a night she would never forget. 

The following day, Anne was on her way to Gaea House hooked up to breathing tubes, barely able to keep her eyes open.  Death was not just knocking on her door, but it was ready to break in at any moment.  The injection came none too soon as she was ready to breathe her last breath.  Anne was unaware of her mother’s tears when a dark haired giantess declared that Anne’s breathing had become steady within moments of receiving Titan XL5.

Anne’s health improved with every new day.  Her red curls started to grow back much quicker than they have before but they looked different, not as frizzy and much darker.  The freckles on her checks fade and disappeared and then Anne felt her body begin its most drastic changes.  She didn’t need her glasses anymore and her clothes became tighter and the sleeves of her shirt and pant legs started getting higher with each passing day.

Anne started noticing the face in the mirror looked different.  Her sickly body had been steadily gaining weight.  Anne’s appetite increased and she felt the strongest she ever felt.  Then came the day she had a six inch growth spurt in front of her parents.  That was the first day in her entire life that she had to look down at her five foot nine father.  Anne was so scared.  She went from being small for her age to being too big for even her parents.  That was also the last day she got to see them.  They had an accident on their way home from visiting Anne but Anne knew the truth.  Her parents were afraid of the monster they allowed to be made.  Anne was now an orphaned giantess.

“Anne, were you listening,” said the giant name Sven.  Anne shook her head.  “You, Robby and Cody are going to shovel around the hangars while Lindsay and Kylie are going to shovel to the main road.  Are you up to doing this for me?” Sven then gently said to the girl.  Anne nodded and Sven gave her a gentle smile.  “Good girl,” Sven said, patting her shoulder.

Sven Lindquist, more than anyone at Gaea House understood the fragile adolescent giantess.  His parents died when he was around her age, his father of cancer and his mother of suicide.  He looked upon Anne as special out of all the children and like all the giants; he adopted her as one of his own.

Anne liked the big scary blond giant known as Sven, he reminded her of her love of comic books.  Sven was like a living and breathing version of her favorite comic book hero, Thor.  Anne was a comic book freak when most little girls should be playing with Barbies.  She compared Gaea House to Xavier’s for the gifted in the X-men comics.  She witnessed many amazing gifts that some of the giants possessed.  Her favorite gift had to have been Brad Hester’s ability; he was like a male version of Jean Grey.  Sometimes she called Cody, Flash.  She couldn’t wait till she developed her ability.  Anne wanted it to be something cool.

Anne also thought of her friend Ashley who had went home with her parents.  Ashley was test subject twelve.  She was African-American and she was from California of all places.  Anne and Ashley were quite opposites in every way.  Ashley was outspoken and athletic while Anne was bookish and mousy but the two became close friends during their time of change.  Anne was surprised to find out that she was actually tall for her age; she was taller than Ashley who was a whole year older than her.  Ashley even taught her how to play tennis that Anne found to be fun.  Anne’s life before Titan XL5 consisted of hospital stays and breathing tubes, she never got to be a normal girl.  Her growth was stunted from all the treatments and lack of exercise.  Anne actually didn’t mind being a growing giantess.

“Okay kids, let’s get this finished,” Sven tells his small group of helpers.  He held up his hand and each kid gave him a five.  When he got to Anne, he gave her a warm smile and a wink.

“You come with me, little one.  I want you to shovel under the cars I am going to move,” Sven tells Anne as he led her out to the parking lot that all the techs use.

Sven used a giant hand broom and cleaned off each car before moving them.  Anne gladly shoveled under each car.  Sven gently put the cars back to where they went, satisfied that not a one got broken.  He then had Anne join the boys in shoveling the paths and drives of the property.  Sven went inside to check the monitors to see how the girls were coming along.  Eight feet of snow was a lot for a human to handle but the giant children seemed to handle it with ease.  Roderick and Sven kept a close eye on the children…

The residents of Spartan Falls were all amazed to look out their windows to see towering legs in their field of vision instead of the usual plow trucks.  Dump trucks followed the giants as they cleaned the streets and roads of Spartan Falls.  News trucks even came out to cover the story of the charitable giants and their small gesture of goodwill for the residents of Spartan Falls…

Adoption by nancyarcher

 

“Such a fine young man,” the elderly woman with the chocolate cake said as she came out of her house.  She craned her neck up towards the sky but it wasn’t the sky she was looking at, it was Bradley Hester.  Brad had just finished cleaning off the seventy-five year old woman’s town car and drive.  “I was hoping to see you again.  I never got to properly thank you for saving my car,” the woman known as Widow Foster yelled up to the giant.  Brad smiles and kneels down so that Widow Foster wouldn’t have to strain herself so much to look up at him.

“It wasn’t anything, Mrs. Foster,” Brad said in a quiet tone that he knew her hearing aid would pick up.

“Wasn’t anything?  Poppycock!  It’s not every day that I get saved by a young man with the strength to pick up an elephant.  You people are God’s gift to us and I want to show you my gratitude,” Widow Foster said as she held up the chocolate cake.  “You must be starving anyway with all that shoveling you have been doing all day,” she then said, giving Brad a caring gaze.

Brad took the cake that was barely a crumb to him and ate it to please the old woman.  She smiled up at him, waiting for a response.  Brad pleased her by saying, “Thank you Mrs. Foster.  That is by far the best chocolate cake I’ve ever tasted.”  Widow Foster beamed.

“I must be getting back to work ma’am,” Brad said to the kindly old woman and resumed shoveling the street.

 

“We are here today at the small town of Spartan Falls again where we see the giants of Gaea House shoveling away the recent snowfall that has crippled the area but Spartan Falls seems to have weathered the storm well due to its resident titans.  From our chopper, you can see the giants loading dump trucks of snow being hauled away to a secluded place.  If you haven’t noticed, the giants have no need to dress for this weather.  They have evolved to withstand the harshest temperatures and many things us fragile humans can’t withstand.”

“Damn Gaea House,” Calvin Harper growled as he threw his old wheelchair across the room causing the metal frame to bend.  Calvin Harper has run out of henchmen to do his dirty work.  His no good nephew disappeared after sending pictures of that woman visiting one of the giants.  He couldn’t quite go there himself in his present condition.  Then he saw the extremely tall blond giant taking care of the elderly woman’s drive on the news.

The news reporter goes to interview this woman.  The reporter is a woman well past her prime to be a news reporter but that’s what happens when people start evolving, it’s put a lot of the older people back to work.

“Ma’am, you were just talking with one of the giants.  Can you tell us about your experience?”

“Oh yes, that kind young man saved my life, not to mention my car.”

“Today that man is saving a lot of peoples’ cars and keeping our streets clean.”

“Oh yes, but that young man prevented me from having a wreck a few months back.  He is quite special.”

“All the giants of Gaea House are quite special, wouldn’t you agree?”

“Oh yes, but Mr. Hester is quite different…”

“This is Liz Johnson for Channel Eight News.”

Calvin Harper managed to find the off button on his remote and pushed it with a pencil.  “Hester, hmmm, where did I ever hear that name?  Time for me to do some snooping,” Calvin mumbled to himself…

The Titan children all finished their duty and Sven couldn’t be happier.  He rewarded them with candy that Alex had manufactured special for the giants.  The children savored the confection they haven’t had in months.  The candy was a lot like the shakes with nutrition in mind despite the sweet taste.

“You all did well today.  The staff has informed me the plow trucks couldn’t do the work you all have done.  So good job, kids,” Sven said, holding up his hand for high fives.

Just as the children were walking out, Jane came out of the bedroom.  Anne lagged behind.  Jane could see the loneliness in the girl’s eyes as she had to go back to her dorm at the clinic.  The sad orphan giantess only had the people of Gaea House left in her life.  Jane then looks at the empty spare bedrooms that only get used when the kids come over.  Jane kept her thoughts clear but Sven picked up on his wife mood and stopped the young giantess.

“Annie,” Sven said with a warm smile.  Anne looked up at the big giant. “Would you like to stay with Jane and me for a while?”

“Really, Mr. Lindquist?” Anne’s eyes lit up.  She had been pretty lonely since Ashley and her family decided to go back to California.

“Really, what do you say, Annie?” Sven said with a warm smile.

“I won’t be putting you and Mrs. Powers out?”

“Not at all, Annie,” Jane said, looking up at the pretty girl.  “The kids usually stay with their father anyway.  We have two empty rooms the majority of the time.  It gets kind of lonely around here without them.  Trust me, you’re not putting us out.”

“Okay, can I go back to my dorm and get a few things?”

“Sure Annie,” Sven and Jane both said with a smile.  Anne gave Sven a hug but reframed from picking Jane up into a hug.

“Thank you,” Anne said, showing off her perfect smile.  “I’ll be on my best behavior.”

“We know, sweetie,” Jane said as Anne walked out the door.

Sven smiles down at his favorite human.  The old Sven wouldn’t give a hill of beans about an orphan child but the new Sven felt good about helping someone in need, especially a lonely girl like Anne.  Anne like most the giants, needed to be around others like her.  Of course she had that at the dorm but she needed a friend and Sven knew the child looked up to him as a role model of sorts.

“Looks like our little family is going to get bigger,” Jane said as she looked up at her giant.  “Annie is a good kid.”

“Yes she is.  It’s too bad she has no other family.  I think we should adopt her,” Sven said with a smile.

“That wouldn’t be too hard, under law she is considered deceased as far as her human life goes and I’m sure if we ask, the other giants wouldn’t object.  Annie would make a nice addition to our family.  She needs a place where she can truly belong.  I don’t think she feels like she belongs at the dorms in the clinic.  That place is permanent for no one, let alone a child,” Jane said.  Sven gently picked her up and held her in his hand.  He gives her a warm smile as he admired his human, imperfections and all.

“I’m glad you are with me on this.  As soon as Calvin Harper is through plaguing us and more humans can accept us, I plan on building us a home of our own, off the Gaea House campus.  We’ll have plenty of room for the kids and Annie.  It’ll be our personal paradise,” Sven said and paused for a moment.  “First I must ask the others how they feel about us taking in Annie.  I’m sure they’ll agree.”

“I hope so Sven.  That poor child has been through too much.  Her parents were afraid of the one thing that truly saved their little girl’s life.  I have no problems anymore with accepting another giant into my life.  Annie will be happy here with us, I have no doubts,” Jane said, thinking back on her own feelings about her growing children and how frightened she was when all three of her children passed her up in height and intelligence.  With Sven’s help, Jane worked past all her fears.

Annie came back to the hangar with a pack full of clothes.  Jane let her stay in the twin’s room.  Annie joined them for movie night and they played games together.  Annie liked chess and her and Sven started a game that never ended.  Annie felt like she truly belonged somewhere staying with Sven Lindquist and Jane Powers.  When Annie couldn’t stay awake much longer, Sven ended the chess game for the night and encouraged Annie to go to bed.  Jane and Sven then decided to retire for the night themselves.  Jane had been exhausted lately, carrying around a child in her stomach that could be a giant or a human for all she knew.

Sven gently laid Jane down on her bed but she wanted to stay with her giant for a little while longer.  Sven lay down on his own bed with Jane lying on his chest.  Jane curled up in the fetal position and Sven lazily played with her hair, both content and happy.

“Sven, I think we made a special girl’s day.  Are you going to ask the others before we bring it up to her?” Jane asked her giant as she listened to the soothing sound of his heart.

“I think that would be best.  Can you handle having another giantess living with us, Jane?”

“I think it’ll be good for the both of us.  Annie is a good kid, she needs a home.  No one else will take her.  Not a human family for sure.  She needs a giant around.  She may be self-sufficient, but she is still a kid, a very heartbroken kid.”

“She can help you when I’m not around.  You’ll be protected,” Sven said as he ran his fingers over her small body.  He stopped at her stomach and gently touched her expanding belly.

“I’ve grown quite used to looking up at everybody anyway.  I already feel protected.  You have given me so much, Sven Lindquist.  More than you will ever know,” Jane said as she played with his chest hair.

“She will have to follow house rules if she is to stay with us.  She will be no different than the other kids,” Sven said.

“No telepathy, we need to make that clear.  This house is a telepathy free zone.  I don’t like that the kids can always know what I’m thinking.  I’m sure she’ll abide,” Jane said as she felt sleep over taking her.

“That’s understandable.  She is to help you out whenever possible.”

“I don’t think that’ll be a problem,” Jane yawned.

Sven got out of his bed, holding Jane who had fallen asleep.  He gently laid her down on her bed and kissed her head before going back to his own bed.  Sven was a happy giant these days.  He was about to become a family man even though he could never be the loving husband, not legally at least.  The United States government was still trying to decide how to handle giants.  Some still got to keep their old identity while others were declared deceased by family members and some, like Sven Lindquist who weren’t true citizens, seem to have lost all identity of their human past.  The government was franticly working on a registration program that would seem humane but most were afraid of the growing population at large.  Quite a few wanted to bring back the old secret clinics that the president declared unjust and unlawful towards its occupants.  The Gaea Foundation stepped in to help but there is still a lot of work to be done to give the giants the life they deserved…

Birth by nancyarcher

The giants of Gaea House all agreed to let Sven Lindquist and Jane Powers unofficially adopt Anne Myers.  The little red-headed adolescent giantess was so happy to have a home that will accept and love her unconditionally.  Of course the adoption was unofficial because Anne technically didn’t exist anymore and neither did Sven.  Sven was considered lost according to Swedish police records.  The police presumed him dead while Anne had a death certificate that declared her time of death as the exact time the Titan XL5 shot was administered.  It would take a lot of red tape to put them both back into the system but for now they were both under the protection of the new Goliath Law until the humans could decide what to do with the new race.

Anne helped her adopted human mother as it became increasingly difficult for Jane Powers to get around.  At seven months, her stomach appeared the size of a nine month pregnant woman.  Sven told her that she was having twins because he could easily hear two heartbeats.  The testing still showed that Jane was still human as well as the two babies.  Jane had to be bedridden and this is where having Anne around came in handy.  Not only could Anne help her around the hangar, she also acted as Jane’s protector when Sven wasn’t around.

Jane was reading an article about the Anderson’s and their baby girl, Phoebe.  The Anderson’s have been good friends of Sven’s and now Jane as well.  Emma brought Phoebe around for Jane to see before they became public with the first giant baby.  Phoebe really was the first child of her kind.  She never evolved in the womb or with the mother like the other Titan births.  Phoebe was conceived when both Alex and Emma Anderson had both evolved into their new bodies.  Of course the media took notice when Emma sported her baby bump and now everyone wanted a piece of the phenomenon known as Baby Phoebe.

“I wonder if my babies will grow into giants once they are born?” Jane said while Anne helped her out of bed and into a recliner.

“I don’t know, Mrs. Powers,” Anne responded.

“Now Annie, we’ve been through this.  I’m not Mrs. Powers to you anymore,” Jane corrected the girl gently.  Jane knew that Anne was a fragile soul and probably was before her parents’ death.  Jane knew that being a giantess was Anne’s first taste of living.

“I’m sorry Mom.  It’s just habit I guess,” Anne responded shyly.  The twenty-three foot tall Anne Myer was a shy and rather bookish eleven year old girl.  Jane Powers and Sven Lindquist both handled Anne with a gentle hand.  Be it that Jane was only five foot seven compared to all those who towered around her but Anne still respected the small human that kindly gave her a new home where she felt she belonged.

“You don’t have to call me mom.  You can call me Jane if it makes you feel comfortable,” Jane said as she looked up into those usually sad green eyes.  Jane knew that Anne did her best to please both her and her giant because of the loss of her own parents.  Anne was afraid to do anything that might upset them even though they have showed nothing but love towards her.

“I’m sorry,” Anne said, trying to please the little human that she could so easily crush but Anne’s kind wasn’t wired that way.  She was a kind creature like the rest of the giants.

“You have nothing to be sorry about, Annie.  Tell you what, call me whatever you want,” Jane said as she looked up at the young giantess.

“Okay Mother Jane,” Anne said in her shy tone of voice with a playful smile.  She meant what she said out of love for the human.  Jane patted her hand and gave her a gentle smile in return…

 

Sven spent his days at the clinic.  More and more reports were coming through of people going through their second childhoods.  Gaea House was becoming swamped with these calls.  Dr. Gunderson did the best he could with the help of both Allison Hayes and Sven Lindquist.  Every day, no matter how busy the clinic seemed, Sven couldn’t wait till that part of the day he went home to his human and adopted daughter.  Now more than ever, Sven was concerned for his Jane.  Dr. Gunderson reassured him of the doctor he recommended for the C-section, even though the OB-GYN had to come out of retirement to do it.  The giants’ hands weren’t equipped to take on such a delicate task.

“Dr. Clark informed me that he’s going to have to take the babies early,” Dr. Vin Gunderson tells his colleague.

“Yes, he says the twins are almost getting too big for Jane.  I don’t understand it, we did all the tests and the twins’ test comes up human every single time.  According to the data, Jane should be getting ready to evolve soon. Well over half the world’s population is in that magical age range has or is experiencing the changes.  I hope there is no one immune,” Sven says with deep concern for his human.  Sven worried about Jane not evolving.

“No matter friend, there is always the serum.  If nothing changes Jane, we have the means,” Vin said as he patted Sven on the shoulder.  “I think it would be best if we get the twins into the world first.”

“I agree the serum has never been tested on a pregnant woman before.  It’s too risky that the child will get the serum before the mother.  That would be tragic for both parties involved,” Sven said, still worrying about the operation his wife is going to have tomorrow at the clinic.

“We have the incubators ready.  Jane and the babies are in capable hands.  I promise you that.  She’ll pull through,” Vin said, giving words of encouragement to the much bigger giant…

 

Sven walked home to his hanger.  The bare feet against the melting spring snow made him let out a sigh as he hoped soon that his pair of flip flops would come in.  Sven didn’t like the special socks that were designed to keep the feet clean.  Most of the giants found them to be too restrictive and ugly.  Even though all the giants weren’t shallow creature, they still had their limits.

Sven walked into the makeshift foyer where a small pool sat recessed into the floor.  Sven cleaned his feet before stepping into the main living area of the hangar.  Anne attacked him with a hug as was the daily custom.  Sven felt whole since Anne came into their lives.  As a giant, Sven required that he needed another giant around to feel at peace and that’s what Anne gave him.

“Where’s Jane?” Sven asked even though he could think it to her.  Anne was one of the few Titan children that can read every thought but house rules had to be obeyed for Jane’s benefit.  That meant, absolutely no telepathy. 

“She’s in her chair watching some TV.” Anne simply answered.  Sven gives her a warm smile as he walks on into the hangar to find his Jane.

Jane was watching one of the news channels that she instructed the Goliath computer to turn to.  Sven asked the other giants if he could wire the system to Jane’s voice and that is exactly what they did, although there were some regrets.  The giants weren’t completely ready to share their technology with the humans but Jane Powers had proven herself as a trusted friend.  Jane even understood this mistrust because she has seen the ugly side of humans when she would go to protest rallies. 

Sven came up from behind her but Jane could smell that peppermint odor that came from Sven.  She turned around and looked up to the smiling face of her Viking.

“How is my little one today?” Sven asks.  He gently touches Jane’s protruding belly.  Sven was already deeply connected to his twins.  Jane didn’t know how deeply.  Sven’s bond began the day he heard both their hearts beating like the sound of a soothing drum.  Jane never realized that the sound of her heart and the unborn babies was the giant’s nightly lullaby.

“I feel like I’m ready to burst.  Vin thinks the twins both weigh around five pound a piece.  I’m not sure it’s even safe to take the babies two months early.  My other twins never weighed this much.  Jess weighed about five while Jordan weighed about three.  Jordan had to be incubated till she gained weight.  Jess on the other hand was healthy as a horse.  I hope the babies make it,” Jane said just as worried as her giant.  Sven didn’t want to let Jane know that he was worried too so he just gave her a gentle smile.

“I have faith Janie,” Sven said without the tone of his voice giving away his feelings…

 

The following day, Jane was wheeled into a surgery room.  The anesthesia set in as Sven watched from the one way glass.  Dr. Clark requested that no giants be permitted in his surgery room because he didn’t feel it would be safe for his human staff so Robin McAllister stood in for the father.  Sven nervously watched the good doctor and his nurses’ work on Jane.  A procedure that takes an hour seems like six to Sven.  Mike Powers joined Sven in the giant’s observatory room.

“Janie will pull through,” Mike said as he patted the much bigger man on the back.  “She’s a tough bird.  She’s been through this before.  Jess and Jordan were both premature.”

“I know.  It’s just the size of them that has me concerned.  What if the tests were wrong?”  Sven said, looking over at the giant that was once Jane’s husband.  Mike had an unusual power much like Steven James, Mike happened to be an empath.  Sven felt bad about the fact he had no control over his feelings at the moment.  Mike was picking up every nervous thought and feeling exuding from Sven.  Both giants have been put in the category of passive powers.  Even Mike’s son Robert inherited the empathic power which the giants have proven that these mysterious talents are genetic.

“Sven, you have the power to save her if you have to.  Once the babies are removed you can simply touch Jane and heal her.  I don’t think your talent is all that passive,” Mike said. 

The attention of a baby’s cry got both the giants’ attention as they went up to the window.  Doctor Clark held up the blood covered baby for the giants to see.

“A little girl and a healthy one at that.  I thought so.  Next should be a boy,” Mike said as they watched a nurse take the baby to be cleaned.

“My Elisabeth,” Sven said with a smile as he listened for her heart.  She appeared to be of a healthy size to the giant but the doctor didn’t want to take any chances so he directed the nurse to put her in the incubator.  No sooner than Baby Elisabeth came into the world, Baby Tomas followed.  He appeared to be just as healthy as his sister.  Sven smiled when he saw the tuffs of blond hair coming out of the top of both twins’ heads.   Tomas was then put in his incubator after cleaning.

“Congrats buddy,” Mike said as he patted Sven back.  Sven smiled but then his eyes went back to Jane as Dr. Clark worked on stitching her back up.  Sven kept his ears open for her heartbeat and silently prayed to himself.  Then he observed a nurse burst into the room.  She seemed eager to tell the doctor something important.  It was the results of Jane’s blood test and that of the twins.

“Doctor, the lab found Titan gene in all three samples,” the nurse said and Doctor Clark’s eyes widened.

The speaker cracked in the observatory room as Doctor Clark looked up at the window along with the nurse.  “Did you hear that Mr. Lindquist?  Your household is going to get much bigger,” Dr. Clark’s eyes were smiling up at the giant.

“It’s the natural variation and not XL5, Mr. Lindquist.  They suspect it might have happened during surgery.  Jane’s blood was human before,” the nurse said with equally smiling eyes.

No sooner than Dr. Clark had Jane stitched up, Jane began to wake up.  Sven heard the growl of her stomach and her moaning.  She was quickly removed from the surgery room and to an immense patient room made for growing giants.  She was even put in one of the special adjustable beds.  Sven even heard the echoing cries of the twins.  No doubt starving from their adventure into this world and their newly rapidly growing bodies.  The nurses moved them to the nursery and began to feed them the special formula for the Titan babies instead of the usual baby formula.

Sven watched over Jane while Doctor Clark examined her.  Her body temperature ran high as the stitches began to heal.  Jane woke up much quicker than a normal woman her height and weight would.

“Sven, what’s happening to me?” Jane looked frightened.  “Why am I in this bed?”

“You are healing,” Doctor Clark answered before Sven could.  “I estimate twenty-four hours of healing.  Are you hungry dear?  You can eat now if you want.”

“I can eat?  Shouldn’t I still be knocked out?” Jane question as she looked up at the generic clock.

“Janie, you are evolving.  It happened during the C-section.  Elisabeth and Tomas are too,” Sven said with a smile…

 

Jane was eating and drinking her shake.  Within an hour, the stitches were ready to be removed.  Jane felt uncomfortable all the sudden.  Sven and Dr. Clark watched over Jane as she kept constantly drinking the shakes.  A nurse came into the room.  “Dr. Clark!  We had to remove the babies from the incubator.  They can’t seem to get enough to eat.  Nurse Sherry checked the weight and length.  Both babies seem to be growing rapidly.  They both weigh five pounds more than they did an hour ago!” The nurse said.

“Sven, my grown seems a little tight,” Jane said in between her gulps.  With that said, Dr. Clark had Jane stand up so that he could examine her.  The needle on the scale kept moving.  It kept going up and it wasn’t stopping.  The height gage did the same.  It moved slowly while Dr. Clark jaw dropped.  He observed that Jane’s body slowly stretched up a sixteenth of an inch at a time.

“What’s wrong?” Jane asked, completely unaware of her body.

“You’re growing differently.  Jane, you went from five foot seven to five foot nine with an hour.  Actually, I can’t give you an exact height or weight even,” Dr. Clark said to the rapidly changing woman.

Jane looked down at her feet.  Something strange was definitely going on.  She stood there for a moment and felt her bones slowly shifting.  The sensation didn’t stop.  She looked up at Sven, completely scared.  “This phenomenon is happening to the babies too.  The nurses moved them to the special bassinets and hooked up IV’s.  The babies are growing quicker than the nurses can feed them.  We are going to bring them into your room.

The large oversized bassinets were wheeled in.  To Jane, the babies appeared the right size.  The doctor couldn’t estimate how long this would go on so Sven and Jane stayed at the clinic while Jane and the babies were being monitored as their bodies kept slowly growing.  Jane kept drinking while Sven feed the babies now and then.  Sven even watched as Jane’s limb’s slowly lengthened and the body mass of the twins changed.  When Jane realized that she was nearly a foot taller than her original height, Sven smiled broadly.  Anne will be surprised when they are allowed to go home, Sven thought to himself.

New Growth by nancyarcher

It was estimated that Jane and the twins were growing about a half of a foot an hour.  The sensation felt like it wasn’t going to end for Jane.  The video cameras had been activated in her room.  Her only privacy was the bathroom but Jane’s body metabolized everything so fast that there was no need to use it unless she wanted to get away from the cameras.  Jane didn’t want to; she wanted every stage of her growth filmed.  Doctor Gunderson estimated Jane’s new height to be twenty-seven feet and eleven inches and Jane was going to feel every inch of it coming on.

Jane stayed still for a moment and watched as the freckles on her forearm slowly fade.  She even watched as her stomach become trimmer.  She only wore a special made bikini so she could see these changes.  Sven even watch the slow but subtle changes.  On occasion Jane went to the scale to check to see her vague weight.  When she hit the six foot ranges she weighed in the two hundred pound range.  Jane not only felt her bones shift but even heard them constantly crack as they shifted.

One of the techs that stood six foot five came into the room when Jane was close to six feet tall.  She requested that he stand in front of her.  The tech himself was even as curious of Jane’s constantly growing body so he did as he was asked.  The tech stood still as well as Jane for close to an hour.  He watched as Jane’s head kept slowly stretching upward until she was eye to eye with him.  Jane let out a giggle when she looked down to see that a pair of tennis shoes added to his height.  The tech removed the shoes to see that she was now a half an inch taller than him.

“This is so amazing,” the tech gasped as he put his shoes back on.  “Your growth isn’t stopping but it is steady, Mrs. Powers.  Let’s see how much longer it’ll take for you to get a head taller than me,” the tech then said, still curious of the rapidly changing woman.  Jane agreed.

Jane loved the energizing sensation her body was feeling as it grew.  She felt more and more powerful by the minute.  Slowly her height and weight changed.  She even stood under the height gage as it slowly moved upwards.  A little over an hour passed and Jane stood well over seven feet tall.  The tech who was a large man in his twenties marveled at the amazon before him.  That was the moment when Jane realized she really was a powerful and smart creature now.

Jane felt tired and hungry all the sudden.  Sven looked down at his rapidly changing wife with concern.  Jane looked healthy and slender but her body was demanding nutrition and sleep.  The nurses worked with the twins in the nursery, feeding IV tubes that would constantly keep coming out as their bodies healing fast but the babies became aware and their crying became less as they allowed the staff to take care of them.

Sven lay down on the adjustable bed that was practically on the floor to him.  He took Jane and lays her on his chest.  Jane felt different to him despite the sack dress she put on that could accommodate five feet worth of growth.  She felt almost like she was vibrating as her cells moved quickly.  Jane put her ear to Sven heart as he stroked her ever growing body.  Sven could sense a fear in his only.

“What’s wrong Janie?” Sven asked while he heard the constant growl of Jane’s stomach.  The nurses set up a specially rigged IV with larger than average bags.  There was no way Jane can eat and sleep so the IVs became a necessary evil.  Jane didn’t like being poked with the exceptionally long needle that was designed on a fly to stay in for eight hours.

“What if it doesn’t stop?  This kind of growth is so new.  My appetite is endless.  The shakes and even this IV don’t seem to be enough.  I can feel our babies’ pain as well.  They are so hungry,” Jane said as she lays her head were Sven’s heart is.  Tears began to fall from her sparkling green eyes.

“It will stop.  My appetite may not have been as constant as yours Janie but it’s a part of evolving.  You are growing into someone extraordinary just as I have.  I plan on being there for you,” Sven said as he kept lazily stroking Jane’s tall slender form.  He missed her curves and flaws but he loved this Jane just as much.

Jane curled up into a ball and listened to the sweet soothing rhythm of her giant’s immense heart.  Soon her heart will be just as big.  Sven blanketed Jane with his hand.  Jane didn’t fit like she did before the C-section but Sven didn’t mind because he knew that come morning, Jane will be as big as a newborn baby.  Dr. Gunderson estimated four more feet of new growth by morning for both Jane and the newborn twins.

“Janie, I will love you no matter what.  If you keep growing past what is expected, I will still love you,” Sven whispered.  “I know this is new and we have an idea of what will certainly happen but I do know in my heart that I will always love you Jane Powers.”

“Jane Lindquist,” Jane said as she looked up at her giant.  “I signed the papers today to have my name changed.  You know, the ones the newly evolved sign.  Jane Powers died today while giving birth to two amazing babies.   Jane Lindquist was born along with Elisabeth Lindquist and Tomas Lindquist.”

Sven smile broadened.  “So you have put it upon yourself to make me your husband?” Sven said and Jane nodded.  During the adoption process for Anne, Sven and Jane changed Anne’s last name since it was only right to take the giant’s last name.  Jane thought it only right for her and the kids to do the same.  “What if the Goliath Law fails and the humans decide to deport me along with all the other illegals?”

“We can make it official, maybe not by their law but our own.  They can’t deport you if you are happily married to a citizen of this country,” Jane said and Sven sighed.

“We are not under their laws as of yet.  It’ll take one unruly giant to ruin it for the rest of us.  Alex agreed with the humans that we will play nice as long as the humans leave us alone.  The minute one giant steps out of line; the Goliath Law is null and void.  Janie, you no longer live under human laws either.  This is dangerous for us.  Aaron told me that some of the hate groups are banning together.  They have plans for a setup that’ll destroy the law and put the giants at war with the humans.”

“But we would never hurt the little ones,” Jane said, starting to talk like a true giant that she will become.  Jane felt peace and calm enter her mind the more and more she grew.  She devoured every learning resource available.  Jane was beginning to learn as she became smarter and smarter.  “Besides, we can easily destroy them.  Don’t they know this?”

Sven gave Jane a small smile.  “Not even twenty-four hours into you evolution and you are already talking like a giant.  It is like you have already forgotten.”

“I haven’t forgotten.  I just prefer the bigger and stronger version of myself.  Is that a crime?” Jane said with a playful smile as she played with Sven’s chest hairs.

“I know I’m going to love that version as well,” Sven said before Jane kissed him goodnight and they fell asleep together in the same bed for the first time in their relationship…

 

Sven woke up to weight on his chest.  His hand only covered Jane’s back as he felt the new giantess.  Her growth hummed under his touch as he carefully sat up, trying not to wake her.  Jane’s flaxen hair grew to reveal that Jane wasn’t really a blond but a gorgeous red head.  Jane lived under smoke and mirrors as a human but now that she is evolving, Jane can’t hide who she really is.  Maybe Robin will be willing to cut off her old hair.  Sven thought and just as the thought drifted in his mind, Jane woke up with a yawn.

“I hope you don’t find me hideous now.  Pity I really liked the blond too,” Jane said as she stretched her arms.  She felt different.  Hunger still gnawed away at her but Sven even felt different.  The sack dress she put on last night fit like a glove and Sven felt…smaller.  Before Sven could hold her in one hand and now he cradled her in his strong arms.  “Put me down, sweetheart.  I’m curious.”

Sven did as Jane requested.  Jane wasn’t sure she could stand on her own two legs.  She seemed a little off at first.  Four feet of growth in one night will do that.  The gage on the scale didn’t go high enough so she went to the wall mounted roll down gage instead.  Gaea House has really gotten better since the makeshift paint wall with various feet and inches.  Jane rolled the gage up until it was on top of her head.  The gage still moved with Jane constant growth but this was a good way of getting a ball park guess.  Jane let out a whistle when she looked at it.  “Eleven feet and some change.  God I’m huge,” Jane then said and Sven smiled.

Next she went to the special giant’s scale that was converted from an old shipping scale.  The digital numbers kept moving despite the fact that Jane was completely still.  She let out another whistle.  “Nine hundred and some odd pounds, maybe I need to cut back on my eating,” Jane said as she gave Sven a wink.  Sven laughed.  That only meant that the twins were around the three feet range.

“You wear it well,” Sven said right back as Jane gave him an exaggerated pose.

A knock came from the door as the tech let himself in.  Jane picked out of his head that his name was Sam and that he was a fresh face twenty-seven year old.  Sam was actually quite handsome in an awkward way, thick shaggy brown hair with equally brown eyes hidden behind thick framed glasses.  Sam also jogged daily and lifted weights three times a week making his tall frame seem that all more imposing despite his boyish smile.  Sam didn’t seem all that tall and imposing to Jane.  In fact, Sam was only as tall as Jane’s waist.  Sam didn’t seem all that shocked as he looked up at Jane.  Sam had been conditioned well to handle the drastic changes in the charges of Gaea House. 

“Mrs. Lindquist, I forgot to introduce myself yesterday.  I’m Samuel Taylor and I’ll be your tech.  You can call me Sam,” Sam said.

“I know,” Jane simply answered but Sam didn’t seem all that shocked by her statement, in fact he just smiled.

“The telepathy kicked in already.  Must’ve happened through the night,” Sam said as he flipped open Jane’s chart and started writing stuff down.  “Very impressive Mrs. Lindquist.  Most don’t start exhibiting that talent till they’re closer to fifteen feet.”

“That’s my Janie,” Sven said, looking down at the young tech.  Sam just smiled up at Sven.  All the employees of Gaea House loved and respected the oversized Swede.  Sven had a reputation as being the giant the techs wanted to work for because of his kind nature.  Some of the humans at Gaea House secretly called him the Swedish meatball because of his sweet demeanor towards all those around him.

When Sam started at Gaea House, it was the opportunity of a lifetime.  Fresh out of grad school and no real prospects, Sam signed up to join the Gaea Project.  It was a program set up by Alex Anderson to recruit young humans and give them training to becoming Gaea House employees.  Techs were the most highly sought out positions.  The giants only wanted the most trustworthy humans to become Gaea House techs.  Alex interviewed each tech personally along with Steven James.  It was more than a question and answer session; the interviewees were getting read in other ways to see if they were trustworthy.  Only the most trustworthy got to work in the top secret areas.  Samuel Taylor was one such worthy candidate.

“Okay, I see you’ve checked your height and weight.  It’s not like we’re going to get an accurate read so I’ll just take down the numbers you came up with.  I guesstimate in about three days you should reach your full height.  After that, Doc G wants you and the twins to stay a couple more days to see if the growth stabilizes.  If it doesn’t, the lab is working on a stabilizing substance that can be administered if the growth persists,” Sam said looking up at the ever growing amazon.

Sam began to notice that the longer he stood near Jane, the more she changed.  He went back out of the room for a moment and brought in a five gallon bucket filled to the top with the shake and another potato sack dress.

“Robin is coming with more of the shakes.  It would probably be wise to change dresses.  That one is starting to look a little small on you, Mrs. Lindquist,” Sam said in a professional tone as he noticed he wasn’t as high as her waist anymore.  “I don’t mean to point it out but it’s just I want to make your stay as comfortable as possible.  I see the IV popped out as well.  Just keep drinking the shakes for now.  Another IV will be ready by tonight.”

Jane looked over to the bed and saw the tube lying on the floor.  She looked down at her arm and noticed no scar.  Being a giantess is turning out to be an amazing experience.  She barely noticed her dress creeping dangerously up her well-shaped slender thighs and closer to her butt.  She took the dress and Sam politely stepped out of the room.  Jane didn’t care about the cameras.  The modesty was definitely growing out of her.  Sven eyes linger as Jane slid the tight dress over her head.  Sven smiled at the sight of the curve of her hips and round naked butt.  Jane smiled as she looked up and over her shoulder at the tempted giant.

“Jane if I had it my way, I’d say screw putting on that horrid dress.  I’m enjoying the view,” Sven said, wiggling his eyebrows.  Jane giggled.  Jane had definitely lost her shame when it comes to nudity, especially when her giant was looking at her.

Jane turned around giving Sven a full frontal view of her new shapely yet slender body.  Her breasts were two round pert mounds that stood at attention.  Sven took in every curve and muscle.  Jane was constantly putting high amounts of calories in her body, more than even the average person will consume in a lifetime but all that was going towards her constantly growing and changing body.

“Make you a deal Viking, hold off until we’re back at home and I’m fully grown.  Till then, I need you to behave,” Jane said in a playful way.

“I don’t know if I can,” Sven said in his native tongue, unaware that Jane had been studying Swedish.  It was her very first subject to study.  She wanted to know everything he says and plus give him the opportunity to speak comfortably.  Jane always knew that English was a second language for Sven.

“I’ll make it well worth the wait,” she responded in Swedish and Sven’s smile widened.

“Janie, you are full of surprises.  Did you learn Swedish for me?” Sven asked in English and Jane nodded.  “Then I’ll behave.  I’ll need the discipline of a warrior,” Sven said in Swedish again and Jane smiled as she pulled the potato sack dress over her head and stepped into the underwear provided.  They felt like baggy granny panties but there was no accounting for style when your body is constantly growing.

Jane emptied the five gallon bucket in no time and was ready for more.  Robin McAllister and Sam Taylor saved the day as they both started loading steel drum into the room.  Sven filled the bucket up which fit perfectly for a glass substitute.  Sven spent the majority of his day at the clinic with his newly proclaimed giantess wife watching her sprout up every hour…

 

Sven went back to the hangar a bit to keep Anne company for a while.  Anne acted suspicious when he entered the main living area.  Something smelled like it was burning.  Anne seemed jumpy and since the hangar was a telepathy free zone, Sven had to coax Anne.

“How was your day today, Annie?” Sven asked, surprised that Anne didn’t give him a hug.  In fact, Anne seemed to be backing away and keeping her distance.

“Fine, Papa Sven,” Anne responded like she did something wrong.

“I’m glad to hear it,” Sven simply said.

“How are Mother Jane and the babies today?  I’ve been keeping up on my chores,” Anne said as she kept her hands hidden behind her back.  Anne still had the tendency to act like a beaten dog.  Sven and Jane both did their best to break her shell.

“They are doing great.  They have to stay at the clinic for a week so it’ll just be you and I around here,” Sven casually said.  “I’ll be sleeping at the clinic though.  What is that burning?”

Anne looked at the ground.  She did something wrong and Sven knew it.  “I had an accident,” Anne shyly admitted and Sven raised an eyebrow.

“An accident?”

“I think I discovered my talent,” Anne said shyly as she kept looking at her feet and keeping her hands hidden.

“Annie, show me your hands,” Sven said.  Anne held her hands out, palms up.  Black soot covered her fingers and palms. 

“I-I-It was the rose bush in the yard.  I-I-I was trimming it and the next thing I know I felt a hot flash coming from my fingers and fire ignited from the tips.  The rose bush didn’t make it,” Anne said, still unable to look Sven in the eyes.

Sven smiled when he realized his adopted daughter was an aggressive giant.  “A pyrokinetic,” he mumbled.

“What?”

“You’re a pyrokinetic.  There are only a few other giant’s that can do that.  You, my daughter are an aggressive.  Not a passive like myself or Aaron.  You’re more like Molly and Cody.  Your talent is aggressive,” Sven said, smiling down at his daughter…

Fire and Ice by nancyarcher

“I’m a firestarter?” Anne asked the large giant she called her father now.  Anne never forgot her true parents as she never will.  It’s just that Sven and the human known as Jane opened their arms to her.  Anne loved her new family but memories of her old one still lingered.  Anne felt unwanted after the accident.  She knew that her aunts and uncles didn’t know that she was still alive and nor will they ever.  She also knew that her parents committed suicide because of her.  That’s what really made Anne feel unwanted.  That act alone made Anne feel like a monster.  She was afraid to tell Sven what had happened because of his reaction.  Anne couldn’t handle anymore rejection.  It surprised her when Sven didn’t yell at her or raised he hand instead he seemed happy, almost pleased.

“That’s what you are Annie.  I knew you had something extraordinary in you,” Sven said as he patted the young giantess on the shoulder.  Sven, like the other giants worried that Gaea House didn’t have enough aggressives if a war with the humans were to break out so he was pleased to have a budding one living under the roof of his hangar.

Sven went to the computer and spoke to the Goliath system in Swedish.  Anne knew what he was doing but couldn’t understand what he was saying.  He gives Anne a warm smile.  “I am recoding this for the records.  Every detail about every giant is recorded.  There are fifty other known firestarters, you just made that number fifty-one, Annie.  I’ll tell Vin and make you an appointment for the rumble room.   We need see how well you can control this,” Sven tells his daughter.

“The rumble room?” Anne said, amazed she merited time in the rumble room.  Only scary powerful giants spent time in the rumble room.  Unlike the other giants, Anne was a child.  She was excited and scared at the same time.

“Yes, the rumble room.  Ally can show you how to fight,” Sven said, knowing that his days as a fighter are through.  A giant like Sven would have to stay back if a war broke out.  He would be needed to heal the injured.

“Why do I need to learn how to fight?  I thought we were peaceful people? “

“We need a few warriors at the ready, just in case the humans decide to change their minds about us.”

“The Goliath Law protects us,” Anne said, unsure of what her new father was telling her.

“Annie, it will only take one bad giant to ruin it for us all.  We want to make sure that never happens.  Hopefully we can stop that giant before the humans decide to change their minds.  It’s going to be agressives like you and Cody that’s going to have the power to stop the evil out there.  I cannot, I must stay and heal the hurt,” Sven tells Anne.

“I thought all giants were good?  I thought we all grew out of who we once were?”

“There is one.  He wants to shut us down and use us to start a new world order.  Right now he is bitter because he isn’t growing as fast as the others.  His heart is so black that I don’t think he can grow.  His name is Calvin Harper,” Sven spat out the name like it was a bad word.  Sven used to have nightmares about the man.  When Calvin was much bigger than Sven, he would beat on him till bones were broken.  He nearly killed Sven’s good friend, Roderick.  Sven had no love in his heart for Calvin Harper.

“He’s the man who nearly killed Uncle Roddy?” Anne asked, knowing she heard the name before.

“Yes but Roddy was saved with the same stuff that saved you from dying,” Sven tells her.  The memory of the hospital bed filled Anne’s thoughts.  She remembered being pulled away for a serene light.  She wanted to stay in the light but she also wanted to go as well.  Anne remembered making the decision to leave the light.  She never regretted it.

“I will fight anybody who hurts us,” Anne said as she clenched her fist.  The same hot sensation formed from her hands.  Sven eyes widened when he saw the power coming from Anne.  Anne realized what her adopted father was looking at and envisioned her hand being dipped in ice water like she did earlier.  The small fires abruptly extinguished itself and Anne breathed a sigh of relief.

“That’s my girl, now go wash your hands while I make your appointment for the rumble room,” Sven said, giving Anne a kind smile and a pat on the shoulder as the girl went to go clean herself.  Anne never thought she would ever be strong enough to be a warrior and now she is going to train to be one…

 

Sven left Jane’s side long enough that when he came back she now stood thirteen feet tall and the twins were as big as the nurses caring for them.  Sven admired her new growth as she drank one of many shakes.  Her ever growing body required all the nutrients Jane could give it.  The potato sack dress that went down to her ankles earlier now went midway to her calf.  Jane was now roughly the size of a toddler to Sven.

“I can’t leave you for a minute and you keep getting more and more beautiful,” Sven said as he admired Jane who was holding their daughter.  Sven noticed that Jane’s blond tips have been cut from her hair revealing a shiny red mass of wavy curls.  Jane’s hair was the shade of blood and shined.  Jane noticed Sven looking.

“You like the red?  I always hated my red hair.  It makes me feel like The Little Mermaid,” Jane said as she kept feeding Elisabeth her bottle.  “The giants are going to start taking care of our babies.  The twins are getting too big for the nurses to handle.  Emma and Melinda have volunteered their time for our babies.”

“I love the red hair and that is very kind of Emma and Melinda considering they have children of their own,” Sven said as he carefully picked up Tomas who fit in the palm of his hand.

“We have to take care of our own,” Jane answered and Sven nodded in agreement as he carefully picked up the small bottle between his index finger and thumb.  He began feeding Baby Tomas.  The baby recognized Sven and smiled.  Sven smiled back.  Little Tomas cooed and giggled at his gargantuan father while Sven made faces.  Just like Jane, Sven felt connected to the twins.  He knew that their hunger seemed endless as their tiny body grew.  Sven couldn’t wait for the day he could pick up his son like a normal baby but for now, Baby Tomas and Baby Elisabeth will have to settle for his palm.

“Did I tell you our Annie found her talent?” Sven said as he looked down at Jane.  He didn’t have to look down as far as he noticed the dress hemline moved closer to Jane’s knees.

“She did!  That’s great!  What can she do?” Jane asked, excited for her adopted daughter.

“She’s a pyro.  She burnt the rose bush to cinders by accident but she seems to have control over it a bit.  I caught her visualizing her hands in ice water,” Sven said.

“She’s an aggressive!  That’s great!  We need more aggressives,” Jane said, fully aware of the giants’ talents and their categories.  Jane had to go through all the paperwork shortly after she was aware enough.  The paperwork explained everything that could happen during what the Gaea House is calling the cocoon stage of evolving.  Anne’s case was slightly different because she is still naturally growing up on top of evolving.  All the Titan children were automatically put in the cocoon stage despite the fact that their evolving growth ended.  The staff at Gaea House carefully charted the Titan children because it was going to help in deciding the development of future growing giants.

“She’s seems excited about going to the rumble room.  So much for our mousy little girl,” Sven said and Jane smiled.  She finished feeding Elisabeth one bottle and went on to the next.  Sam came in with a fresh cart full of bottles.  Sven put Tomas down long enough to fill Jane’s bucket and resumed to feeding his son another bottle.

“I hear we have our first pyro, Mr. Lindquist.  You must be proud of our Annie,” Sam said as he looked up at the blond giant.  Sven knew that Sam was part of the elite staff and that Sam was privy to the Goliath system record.  Sven also knew that Sam was a giant sympathizer and that Sam would fight tooth and nail to protect Gaea House and its inhabitants.  “Ms. Hayes and Mr. Hester can’t wait to train their first pyro.”

“Yes Sam, I am very proud of my little girl.  We have never had a pyro at this Gaea House before.  I think Annie will make a good little warrior,” Sven tells the small human.  Sven looked at Sam and then he looked to his wife, Sam stood as tall as to her upper thigh.  The human is getting smaller and smaller to her.

“We need more like her to fight for what’s right.  It’s not right how you guys get treated.  You’re not second class citizens.” Sam said and Jane nodded in approval.  “Speaking of which, I hate to treat you like one Mrs. Lindquist but it’s time for the babies to go back to the nursery and also time for your IV.”

“Alright Sam, I trust my babies won’t be a problem,” Jane said as she put Elisabeth down and Sven did the same with Tomas.  A couple of strong young male nurses came in to get the babies while Jane sat on the floor in front of Sam so that he may administer the IV.  The needle was twice as long as the one given to her yesterday.  Jane even put on a different dress.  Sven then laid her on top of him.  Jane curled up into a ball and listened for his heartbeat.  The sound seemed fainter but still as soothing.  Sven didn’t mind Jane’s extra weight on his chest as they both fell fast asleep.

A New Beginning by nancyarcher

Sven decided to spend the day with Jane as she went through her final stages of evolving.  Jane stood close to twenty feet.  She stood as tall as Sven’s waist.  She enjoyed her new height and the strange talent that came with it.  Jane, like all the motherly giants turned out to be an empath.  She was happy to be a passive like Sven.  Her appetite seemed stronger that day as she didn’t speak much but just kept consuming.  Sven held her hand as she grew.  Jane graduated from drinking out of the bucket to the steel drums.  Her growth began to speed up the more she consumed until the sensation abruptly stopped.  Jane stopped drinking because she finally felt full.

“I don’t feel it anymore,” Jane tells Sven.  “I can’t feel my body growing anymore.”

Jane wore a two piece outfit of a skirt and bikini top so that the cameras could capture her final growth.  Her midsection was taut with long slender muscles and her breasts were perfectly round, slender yet muscular limbs.  Flawless pale skin and a swan like neck.  To Sven Jane looked downright gorgeous with her blood red thick hair and sparkling green eyes.

“Time for the moment of truth then,” Sven said as he helped Jane to her feet.  Her hands felt right to him, just like the Jane in his dreams.  He held her for a moment as she got her bearings.  Growing like she just had always made her a little unsteady on her feet.  “You are so beautiful,” Sven mumbled in Swedish and Jane blushed as she held on to him.

Jane stood against the wall while Sam who had seemed so tiny to her now stood there with his chart.  Sam stood close to her knees but didn’t quite stand even that tall.  Sven, who was still much taller than her and will always be, took the measurement.  “Twenty-seven feet and eleven inches, no sign of movement,” Sven declared with a smile.

“How do you feel, Mrs. Lindquist?”  Sam asked the new giantess.

“Huge,” Jane simply answered and Sven laughed and took her in his arms.  He kissed her cheek.

“Anymore hunger pangs?” Sam asked.

“No, I don’t feel hungry anymore.  I just feel as big as a house though,” Jane said with an amused smirk.  Sven laughed and gave her another kiss. 

“Well Mrs. Lindquist, we plan on keeping you and the twins for two days of observation.  We want to make sure you’re fully evolved before we let you go back to your home,” Sam said, giving Jane a smile.  “Also there are two little ones that would like to see their parents,” Sam then said as the same two male nurses wheeled in the twins. 

Sven eyes got big when he noticed the size of his newly born kids.  Elisabeth and Tomas were both big for babies.  They both weighed and measured the same.  Both babies were still much bigger than a six foot man.  Baby Tomas looked up at Sven and giggled.  Sven picked up his son and cradled him in his arms.  Both Tomas and Elisabeth were very content babies.  Tomas reached up and played with Sven’s long blond mane of hair.  Sven smiled and cooed back at his boy.  Sven was now a very proud papa.

“They both quit growing at the same time you did, Mrs. Lindquist,” Sam said.  Jane never told the tech to call her otherwise because she enjoyed being called by that name.  It made her feel proud to be the wife of an illegal immigrant giant.

“They are beautiful,” Sven said while Jane gave him Baby Elisabeth as well.  Sven now had a baby in each arm.  Pictures were taken of the moment Sven got to hold his babies like a true father.  Sven smiled proudly at his two blond kids.  Jane stood on her toes as Sven bent down a bit as Jane gave her giant a kiss.

“This feels like a dream,” Jane whispered.

“This is much better, my Janie.  I feel whole for the first time in my life.  We have six wonderful kids who love us and Mike has been such a good friend to me.  I feel like a true man,” Sven said, letting his accent slip.  Jane smiled when she saw the tears of joy well up in his eyes.  Jane then kissed Sven on the cheek and put her arms around his neck.

“Annie and the others will be so surprised to see me like this.  You’ve kept your promise?” Jane whispered.

“I have told no one that you and the babies have evolved.  I thought Emma and Melinda were going to burst but they’ve kept it hush,” Sven said as he rocked and bounced his children.

“Good,” Jane said and gave Sven a quick kiss on the lips.  Jane found herself even more attracted to her giant.  She dreaded every time he would have to leave to see how their adopted daughter was doing but Jane knew that Annie needed Sven just as much as she did.  The young giantess must’ve been scared to find out she can now shoot fire from her fingertips at will.  Jane knew this from her recent experience.  Jane knew she was an empath the day Sam accidently gave himself a nasty paper cut.  Jane could feel his momentary pain as tears welled up in her eyes.  As soon as Sam took care of the cut, Jane felt better.  Same thing happened when one of the nurses stubbed their toe.  Jane learned how to control it and fast.

 

Two days later, Sven held Anne’s hand as they sat side by side in the waiting area.  Mike even came with Robby, Jordan and Jessica.  Mike knew about Jane’s evolution but he wasn’t aware of the fact that she evolved differently from other giants.  A human family sat across from them on the smaller chairs.  Alex Anderson made it specific that the waiting areas were not going to be segregated places.

Mike knew the older gray haired man that smiled up at him so he went over and talked to him.  The human kids sitting with the old man and a younger woman who was in her thirties, they stared up at Robby, Anne and the twins in awe.  Robby and Anne both politely smiled at the boy and girl who looked to be about no more than six or seven.

“Mommy, look at how big those kids are,” the boy said as he tugged on his mother’s shirt.

“Don’t stare Kyle, it’s not polite.  They’re going through the same thing daddy is going through,” she tells her son as she buries herself in a paperback.  Robby and Anne telepathically laughed to each other.

That kid thinks we’re adults, Robby.  Anne amusingly smiled over at the giant.

Let them think that.  They’re waiting on an appointment with Mr. James.  I saw Mrs. McAllister walk by with her satchel and the red forms.  Those kids might be joining they’re evolving father.  Robby thought back to Anne.  Sven leaned over and whispered into his adopted daughter’s ear, “You and Robby are getting quite good with mastering the telepathy.” Anne blushed and turned away.  She had forgotten that the other giants can still hear them.

That woman is pregnant, isn’t she?   Anne directed her thoughts toward Sven and he nodded.

If you stay quiet long enough, you can hear the heartbeat, Annie.  Sven smiled at his girl and Anne leaned her head on his shoulder.  Sven put his arm around her.

“That one looks like Thor, mommy,” the little boy said as he pointed up to Sven.  All the giants mentally laughed, amused by the curious child.  Sven smiled and winked at the boy.  “He’s really big mommy,” the boy then said.

“Mrs. Black, Mr. James is ready to see you now,” Robin said the woman with the kids.

“Is it okay if my dad joins us?  He wants to be aware of what’s going on too,” the woman said to Robin as she took her kids’ hands.

“That’s not a problem.  We don’t get too many family members interested in the evolving process.  I can tell that he’s concerned for you and your husband,” Robin politely tells the lady.  Steven James read all the family members’ thoughts before giving them the red forms.  He found no evil in Kathleen Black’s father’s thoughts.  Mr. Kramer’s thoughts were only that of his daughter and her family’s welfare.  So Mrs. Black and her father followed Robin to an appointment that will forever change their lives.

“Mike?  Robby?  Girls?” a youthful looking red-headed giantess said as she push a giant stroller fit for two blond baby twins.

“Mom?” the kids all said in unison and Jane just smiled.  “Mom!”  Jordan and Jessica proclaimed and attacked the giantess with hugs.  Jane felt right to the girls now as they both held onto her waist.

“My god Janie, you are beautiful!  Sven, you are one lucky bastard,” Mike said with a laugh.

It was Anne who was the most shocked as she noticed Jane’s red hair was the same color are hers.  Jane could now easily pass for the young giantess’ mother now.  Jane noticed this and hugged her adopted daughter for all it was worth.

Bitter Sweet by nancyarcher

Kathleen Black did her best to ignore the giants in the waiting area.  The kid giants reminded her of her husband’s present state too much and the matured giants reminded her of how insignificant she’ll become once Keith is fully evolved.  Kyle and Amber both seemed fascinated by the gigantic people, especially the large blond one.  Her father, Charles Kramer was striking up a conversation with the one that looked like a young Johnny Depp.  The giant’s name was Mike and he was here with his ex-wife’s present husband waiting on her release.  Kathleen found this arrangement strange.  She wondered which of the two male giants Mike’s ex was married to.  She studied the younger one and noticed a sort of resemblance to Mike so she ruled that one out and assumed the blond who appeared to be playing daddy with the teenage looking giantess was the one.  Kathleen found the whole atmosphere strange on top of the freaky twin giantesses.

Kathleen sighed when she noticed the human woman with the gray hair coming out.  Thank God, a human being.  Kathleen carelessly thought to herself.  She like most people tends to forget that giants are telepathic.  Anne gives Sven a look and Sven just smiles at his adopted daughter.  Humans prefer to forget.  Sven thinks back at Anne and Anne nods her head.

Kathleen knew what to expect when she was led up some steps and onto a balcony.  Kathleen had seen Steven James’ pictures all over the news and in the papers but nothing prepared her for the red-headed Adonis smiling warmly at her from behind the gigantic desk.  Steven was even more handsome in person with a mane of blood red hair and eyes as green as spring grass.

“Mrs. Black, a pleasure to meet with you.  I know we’ve only talked on the phone a few times but it is nice to see you face to face,” Steve politely tells the raven haired woman.  “I see that you have brought your kids and this must be your father Mrs. Black?”

“Yes it is.  Why do you want to meet with me Mr. James?  Is Keith doing alright?”  Kathleen asked the giant before her.

“Keith is evolving wonderfully.  He asks about you.  Why haven’t you been around to visit him?  Keith really misses you and the kids,” Steve said with his usual care for the wards of Gaea House.

“Been busy with the kids, Mr. James,” Kathleen answered rather rudely.  Steve had become quite used to families that didn’t care.  Kathleen Black was far from a special case.  Kathleen’s father gave her a dirty look.  Charles Kramer knew that his daughter should care because one day she is going to be right there with Keith.

“We have daycare for visiting families,” Steve simply answered sensing the human woman’s irritation.

“Jesus Kathleen!  He’s probably fully evolved by now and you haven’t made one effort to visit,” Charles Kramer said in an upset tone to his daughter.

“Mr. Kramer, it’s not like we haven’t made an effort to accommodate those like your daughter.  We do our best here at Gaea House to make sure the families of the newly evolved are well taken care of.  Your daughter has been in denial since Keith was brought in here.  It is quite a shock to see the evolving process from the beginning.  Kathleen’s reaction is no different than any I’ve seen before.  It was simpler when I had proxy but I can’t find another lawyer willing to help us.  I used to have a human proxy to ease the unevolved family members into what I’m about to propose.  That is if your daughter would be willing to listen,” Steve tells the human man with the kind eyes and gray hair.  “Oh yes, your husband is now fully evolved if you still care, Mrs. Black,” Steve put it out there.

“Keith, he’s done…” Kathleen said in shock of hearing about her husband.

“Mommy, daddy is big like that giant out in the lobby?” Kyle said as he looked toward Steve with fascination.  Amber stared at the giant too.

“He wasn’t sure if he wanted to see you since you haven’t made an effort to see him but the other giants talked to him and Keith agreed he would like to see you and the kids, Mrs. Black,” Steve said.  “Keith is much more forgiving than the man he once was,” Steve said as he peeked into Kathleen’s mind and found old abusive memories of Keith.

In a way Steve understood the human woman.  Keith was an abusive husband to her.  He never hit her but he used to make comments to her about her weight and looks.  Keith was a shallow son of a bitch.  Kathleen kept the abuse secret because a part of her still loved Keith.  After all, he was a good father and could be loving when he needed to be but being supportive wasn’t his strong suit and Kathleen was well aware of this.

“I can bring him in if you wish to see him.  He’s even agreed to sign the divorce papers if that is what you want, Mrs. Black but I truly think you need to see and talk to your husband first.  Keith feels really bad about how he’s treated you in the past.  I hope you give him a chance to hear him out before I go any farther,” Steve said as he stood up and walked around to the front of his desk.  Steve wore green scrubs that matched his eyes with the Gaea House logo embroided on the pocket.  He kept his distance from the balcony but Kathleen could see that Steve was a large and powerful person, not as big as the blond one that Kyle said looked like Thor.  Steve’s blood red mane was tied loosely at the nape of his neck and he wore the new flip flops on his feet.

“Bring him in.  I want my kids to see their father,” Kathleen said in an almost bitter tone.  Kathleen wasn’t sure if she really wanted to see Keith after some of the hateful things he has told her over the years but that all changed when the giant door to the office opened.  Keith was barely recognizable.  He wasn’t that overweight balding middle age man anymore.  Keith was tall and slender with a handsome face Kathleen almost forgot about.  Thick brown hair covered what was once bald.  Unlike most of the giant men that kept their hair long, Keith had his cut in a shaggy short cut, soulful and sorrowful brown eyes and perfect features on flawless skin.  Keith wore blue track pants and a t-shirt that showed off every upper body muscle imaginable. Keith really was perfect unlike his old self; this made Kathleen feel even less attractive.

“Kathy?” the voice that came out wasn’t one that was abused by years of smoking unlike the old Keith.  Keith looked to be about twenty-five instead of forty-nine but the old Keith looked much older than forty-nine.  “It’s me,” he said with a nervous giggle.  Kathleen never remembered Keith ever being nervous in his life.  Keith was always a cocky blow hard.  “I know you don’t believe it but it’s really me, that crummy used car salesman,” the younger and much bigger version of Keith joked.  Young Keith was now as big as a three story building and as shy as a school boy.

Keith stood in front of the balcony with is head down, looking at the floor.  This isn’t Keith.  He looks like Keith in his younger days but this isn’t Keith.  Kathleen’s thoughts flooded Keith mind.  Keith felt hopeless and unsure.  He never realized that making comments about his wife’s weight and age was wrong until he grew past that old bastard Keith.  He spent the first two weeks of his evolution crying about his old misdeeds.  Seeing Kathleen before him made him want to take back every mean comment he ever made.  Kathleen was really a beautiful creature.  The perfect trophy  wife for a boisterous asshole that he once was, five foot ten inches tall with raven black hair and cool blue eyes with the face of an angel.  Kathleen kept herself in shape by regularly running and yoga.  Keith Black never deserved such a woman.

“Daddy!  Daddy!”  Kyle and Amber shouted in unison.  They recognized Keith and this made the bashful giant happy.  “Daddy, you’re big like that giant we saw in the lobby,” Kyle exclaimed.  Keith held out his hand, palm up.  He had to be careful of his ability at all time.  Keith was one of the rare aggressors.  Keith Black is now an earth mover. 

Keith smiled as he let Kyle onto the palm of his hand.  Kathleen tried to stop her son until she saw that smile, the smile that made her love Keith.  Amber climbed the railing and onto Keith’s palm too.  Both the children fit perfectly on his hand.  Keith brought them up closer to his face where he could get a better look at them.  Amber hugged his index finger while Kyle hugged the thumb.  “We miss you daddy,” Amber exclaimed.  Keith smiled again and hoped his talk with Kathleen will go well.  He really didn’t want to end his marriage to such a gorgeous creature.

Understanding Giants by nancyarcher

“I’ll watch the kids for you Keith,” Robin McAllister tells the giant.  “You and your wife need to talk.”

Keith gently put his kids back down on the balcony.  Steve patted Keith on the back on his way out of the room.  Charles Kramer followed Robin and the children.

“Dad,” Kathleen stopped her father.

“Kathy, this is between you and that giant over there.  I think you really need to hear him out.  Keith hasn’t been all that bad to you.  You at least owe him this,” Charles tells his daughter before shutting the door.  Kathleen groaned and rolled her eyes.   She wanted to avoid the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room or in Keith case, the eight hundred ton giant.  She turned around to notice that Keith was sitting so that he could be eye level with the balcony.  Kathleen threw up her hands in defeat.

“You want to talk, then talk,” Kathleen barked out.  Keith looked hurt and nervous.  Kathleen Black was on the verge of leaving her husband until one day he got really ill and had to go to the hospital that had immediately transferred Keith to Gaea House.  That was the last Kathleen saw of her husband.  She talked on the phone with the advocate for the place but never made any effort to see Keith until her father interfered.  For once, Charles Kramer didn’t take his daughter’s side and forced Kathleen to drag the children and herself to the facility.  It wasn’t that Kathleen was afraid of giants, it was more the fact that Kathleen didn’t want to see Keith.

Giants have become a common fixture in Spartan Falls and the surrounding communities.  It wasn’t an uncommon sight anymore to see a giant walking alongside a busy road or help a human trim a tree.  Giants have become a norm for the people of Spartan Falls and soon the world as the giant population continues to grow.  Some humans fear the giants while other welcome them into their communities with open arms.  Many giants prefer to live away from populated areas where they can build homes to fit while some still like the city and spend whatever resources they have to convert old warehouses and factories into homes.  This is the reason Kathleen wasn’t afraid of giants except one, Keith Black.

“Kathy, I want to say that I’m sorry for how I’ve treated you.  You didn’t deserve that,” Keith said, looking straight at his wife.  “I can understand if you don’t ever forgive me.  I was stupid to treat you like that.  You are a beautiful and smart woman,” Keith said with sincerity and a tear.

“Okay, are you really Keith because Keith wouldn’t cry or even tell me I’m beautiful,” Kathleen said as she stood near the railing of the balcony.  Keith was sitting on a chair and was also slightly hunched over.  So not Keith.  Kathleen thought to herself.

“But I am Keith,” the giant mumbled and Kathleen’s eyes widened.  “You forgot what Mr. James told you about us,” Keith said and pointed to his head.  “I’m telepathic now.”

“Telepathic? “ Kathleen said in a surprised way.

“Didn’t you read the packet the Gaea Foundation sends out?  It explains everything you needed to know about giants,” Keith said and Kathleen scratched her head for a moment.  Keith went into Kathleen’s memories and saw that she had thrown the packet away but her father had fished it out of the trash.  For once in their marriage, Charles Kramer sided with Keith.  This made the giant smile.  Kathleen stood there like she was missing something.

“It doesn’t matter,” Keith said, shaking his head.  “What does matter is that I still care about you even though I know you don’t feel the same.  I’ve been a bastard to you and even the kids at times.  I hate myself Kathy.  I’m not that fat son of a bitch anymore and I was hoping…”

“Keith, I’m sorry too.  I should’ve been visiting you like a good wife but it’s just that I was….”

“Ready to leave me.  I know,” Keith finished with a frown.  “I would’ve done the same if the roles were reversed.  You have no need to be sorry Kathy.”

“Really?  What happened to Keith?  Did you guys make a stew out of him,” Kathleen joked as she met Keith greenish-brown eyes.  Keith gave her that smile, the smile that made her love him.

“You really haven’t read that packet, have you?  Overweight lemon dealers are bad for the cholesterol,” Keith bantered back.  “Besides Kathy, I’m pure vegan now.  I have no desire for a greasy cheeseburger or steak.  All giants are like that.”

“You’re a vegan?  No seriously, did aliens come from another galaxy to abduct Keith?” Kathleen went on with the jokes.  This only caused the giant to laugh.  Kathleen was slowly falling back in love with her new and much improved husband. 

Keith sat still for a moment, picking up on the smaller, much fainter second heartbeat coming from his wife.  He even took in a breath.  “Another boy,” Keith mumbled and Kathleen’s eyes grew huge again.  “It’s going to be another boy.”

“How do you know this Keith?” Kathleen asked, totally astonished.

“My senses are much stronger now.  I can tell you when he was conceived.  On that cruise we took for our anniversary.  Extraordinary, isn’t it?”

“Down right fucking amazing!  Can all giants do that?” Kathleen said and Keith nodded.

“We can actually do a lot more since everything about us is so much bigger.  Unfortunately it took this to make me realize that I married a wonderful beautiful woman,” Keith said as he stood up.  Kathleen strained her neck a bit to look up.

“Damn Keith!  What are you?  Thirty feet tall now?” Kathleen said with a whistle.  “So much for the vaulted ceilings.”

“Thirty-one feet and six inches to be exact,” Keith said with a sheepish grin.

“Bet you weigh less though,” Kathleen joked.

“Yeah, I’m pretty darn close to my old weight,” Keith said sarcastically and Kathleen did something that she hasn’t done in years, she laughed at her husband’s jokes.

“Kathy, do you still want to leave me?  I signed divorce papers when I was still remotely human.  All you have to do is sign under my name and the divorce is final.  I was told it wasn’t that uncommon for spouses to divorce their evolving partner.  Sometimes it’s for the best,” Keith said to his wife.  Kathleen let out some air.  She had been fighting an inner debate since meeting the new and improved Keith.  Deep in her heart she still loved him.

“Keith, I hated the fact that you were a bastard to me.  I couldn’t take the emotional abuse anymore but I’m not above giving it another go if you promise that you will never be that bastard again.  I want my babies to have a full time father and not one that hides in a bottle.  I would like to see us as a happy family again even if that happy family is different and unusual now,” Kathleen said, giving her extremely large husband a bitter sweet smile.  “Keith, I still love you,” Kathleen then whispered. 

“I still love you too, Kathy,” Keith whispered back.

 He lowered his hand towards the balcony as an invite to his wife.  Kathleen climbed over the railing and onto the soft surface of her husband’s hand.  Kathleen had a fear of heights so Keith was very gentle as he moved her closer to him.  Keith heard the heavy pounding of his wife’s heart drowning out the smaller much faint heartbeat.  Keith held his free hand around his wife as if to protect her from her anxiety.  Kathleen heart slowed a bit when he did this but he could still sense her fear.  Her fear wasn’t of Keith but the fact that she was being held twenty some odd feet in the air with only giant hands as her protection plus the fact that Kathleen always thought her husband to be clumsy.

“I won’t drop you, Kathy.  There is nothing to be afraid of,” Keith reassured his wife.  “I’m not that clumsy oaf anymore.  As I’ve said before, everything improved.”

“I know Keith; it’s just that you know how I feel about…” Kathleen couldn’t come up with the words.  Keith let out a gentle laugh.

“I will never drop you or the kids, Kathleen.  I know how hard it is for you.  Just trust me,” Keith said with a small smile.

“I trust you,” Kathleen said with a smile…

 

Jane Lindquist wasn’t sure if she could take care of the giants support group since she evolved but Sven told her she could still do this.  Jane Powers took a position at Gaea House after surviving her attempted suicide she inflicted upon herself after her family’s major change.  Jane considered herself a late bloomer in the giants’ world on top of evolving differently.  Sven convinced his newly giantess wife that she still had a lot to contribute to the troubled humans of newly evolved loved ones.  Jane found the job rewarding and loved helping troubled people.  She wasn’t quite sure how the group would take her being one inch shy of twenty-eight feet considering that these were humans who couldn’t fully accept the world changing around them.

Kathleen Black decided it would be best for herself and Keith if she went to the giant support group before signing the kids up for the Titan Project.  Keith had told her of a human that lived on campus with a giant and how this human couldn’t take the changes going on around her.  She worked her way past all that with the help of this certain giant and had learned to accept and love those around her.  Kathleen wanted to meet this extraordinary woman who had recently evolved.  The Gaea House made calls to all those attending the group to tell them the news of Jane Powers who now went by the name of Jane Lindquist.  Little did Kathleen know that this was the giantess whose family she sat across from in the waiting area.

Robin McAlister gathered up the support group attendees.  Some were even allowed to bring their evolved or evolving loved ones.  There was a man in his early thirties with his giantess fiancée and a flamboyant man with his evolving life partner.  There was also an elderly couple with their once disabled daughter and giant son.  All were welcomed to the support group after undergoing Gaea House protocol.  Things were mentioned in these meetings that are still sensitive to the outside world, particularly the parents of Titan children which was the group Jane was in charge of.

Robin had one group go into a room for Normal Evolution and How the Change Is Affecting Me?  The other group went into an unmarked room; this was the room Kathleen was directed to after spending a week in the marked room.  Kathleen learned a lot about Keith and his new world.  Keith even came with her to a couple of meetings to support her.  Kathleen started to love Keith like she did when they first got married.  There was still one thing that Keith kept secret from her, his amazing talent and the fact that he spent most of his time training and honing that talent to become one of Gaea House’s elite defense teams.  Kathleen never asked Keith what he did when she wasn’t around; she never wanted to be the nagging sort of wife.

Kathleen sat down on one of the chairs in the immense room.  The place was designed for both humans and giants.  A red-headed giantess sat in front of the group with the blond giant Kathleen remembered from her first visit to Gaea House.  The giantess held the blond giant’s hand as she appeared nervous.  This was Jane Lindquist first meeting since her recent change and she was nervous as were some of the humans entering the room.  If Sven hadn’t been there, no one would have recognized Jane.  Sven was a regular fixture at Gaea House and most of the humans in the room had to deal with him in one way or another.  Sven earned the title Doctor Thor by quite a few of the humans he examines regularly.  One of Sven’s jobs was to monitor the human members of evolved families.  Sven loved his job as much as his wife loved hers especially when now he could warn the humans of the time of their oncoming changes.

The small crowd settled in and Jane stood up.  The crowd gasped at the leggy redhead.  Jane had on the two piece set that some of the giantesses wore, bikini top and skirt that only showed off just how strong these women were built.  Jane was no exception and she enjoyed her new body as did Sven.  The green color actuated Jane’s sparkling eyes and the skirt showed off her tall strong legs.

“Hello, I’m Jane Lindquist.  Welcome to the Titan support group.  Some of you are here because you have children that have been through Titan while others of you are new and are still deciding.  Well I’m here to tell you my experience with Titan children and the world that I recently grew into.  I first of all want to introduce some of you to my husband, Sven Lindquist.  He plays a major part in my view on the world of giants.  I know it’s strange to see me this way but I wasn’t always this way.  I’m going to tell you the story of a very bitter and sad human woman.   That woman was me,” Jane said and starting telling the crowd the story of Jane Powers, a troubled woman who couldn’t take her growing world.

Kathleen listened to every word coming out of the giantess’s mouth.  Kathleen found a lot of similarities between her life and Jane’s except that Jane’s husband was nothing like Keith.  Mike sounded like a nice guy but Jane just didn’t love him like she used to.  Keith was anything but nice until his recent change.  Then Kathleen had to dig in her purse for a tissue when Jane described her suicide and savior.  That was when Kathleen made the decision to see Steven James about those red papers and make regular checkups with Sven Lindquist.  Kathleen wanted to do her best to save her marriage with her newly loving giant husband.

Learning Curve by nancyarcher

Anne put on a pair of blue athletic shorts with white strips going up the thigh and hip with a powder blue tank top that had the Gaea House logo on the front.  Anne looked at her unusually tall frame in the polished steel mirror.  That is an unusually tall frame for a girl her age.  Signs of a young woman that she is becoming started to bud through in the clinging tank top as Anne looked down at her small breast.  Anne sighed at the fact that even though she was bigger than all the other girls her age, she still felt like an awkward adolescent despite the fact that her body is more advanced and flawless.  Anne knew that when she walked out of this locker room, she is going to be one of the youngest out there on the floor of the rumble room.

Anne smiled when she saw another that was close to her age.  Cody Matthews is a really good friend of Anne’s.  Anne was about two and a half foot shorter than Cody and two years younger than the giant.  Anne was told that she is an early bloomer.  Funny, she didn’t feel that way around all the taller and older giants. Lindsey Smith and a few other giants that are older than Anne haven’t manifested their unique talents yet, so as far as that goes, Anne is an early bloomer.  She hugged Cody and Cody returned it.

“Your first day here?” Cody asked her with a smile and Anne nodded.  We can’t talk here.  Molly will mentally explain that to the newcomer.  This is a bigger secret than Titan XL5.  Rumor has it that the giants want to be prepared for possible war.  The adults don’t want war but we need to be ready.  Cody telepathically told Anne.

Is everyone here an aggressor?  Anne mentally asked Cody and he nodded.  Anne was now curious what everyone’s talent was.  She knew that Cody was superfast, Brad Hester was a telekinetic and Allison Hayes was a brilliant fighter with superfast reflexes and strength.  The other four giants she didn’t know.  One was a large African- American man that stood about as tall as Brad with his hair in long cornrows.  Then there was a petite blond giantess that stood slightly taller than Anne.  She had full lips and sparkling blue eyes set in a pretty face.   Anne suspected she looked just as pretty when she was human.  One giant was tall with short shaggy brown hair and greenish-brown eyes.  He looked like a model with his dimpled chin and all-American smile but there was also something about him that screamed I’m a dad.  Then the last giant was unusually bulky for one so evolved.  He had black hair and eyes that sort of matched.  He was handsome but in a scary sort of pro-wrestler way.  He stood the same height as the African American but there was something slightly different about this guy.

A giant and a giantess entered the room.  Anne recognized them as Adam and Molly Jones.  Adam and Molly were in another rare group of giants titled the in-betweens.  Their special talents can be both considered as passive or aggressive depending on the use.  Adam can sense the truth while Molly can influence people by just looking them in the eye.  Adam and Molly are also ex-cops from their past human lives and is now a happily married giant couple according to giant laws, not the human laws.

Molly came up to Anne and gave her a hug.  Your dad told us that you are a pyro!  That’s a really cool gift Annie!  You are also one of the most powerful of the group.  I’m here to introduce you to the gang.  Adam and I are actually in charge.  If you have any questions, come to us.  We speak out loud minimally here and never about what we are doing or what’s going on.  Can’t risk spies finding out, that’s why all the telepathy use.  Do you want to be a soldier?  Molly explained telepathically.  Anne thought about it for a moment.  The young giantess knew that being an aggressor is rare and that there are some humans that want all the giants dead because they think they are abominations and against all that is holy.  Little does the human race know about their ever growing and changing planet.  Someday the giants will be the ones in charge and the humans will be in their care because the planet will not be able to support their kind anymore.

“Yes,” Anne simply answered loudly and Molly gave her a smile as did all the other giants in the room.

You are officially our youngest recruit now.  Adam thought as he shook Anne’s hand. 

Cody playfully pouted and said aloud, “I’m not the baby anymore.”  The group got a good laugh out of the young clown.

The gang was hoping you would join us Annie.  Some of them might look scary but they’re all really cool.  Cody thought with a smile.

Watch it little man!  The voice of an African American man flowed through Anne head.  I’m Tyler and I’m a pyro too.  I just got here the other day from the Brooklyn Gaea House.  The foundation sent me here to help you.  The giant named Tyler gave Anne a small bow.  Anne had never met a city giant before.  I used to be a gang member and was busted for arson a few times.  Mr. Anderson saved me and a few others from going to prison.  Did some time at the Gaea Halfway House before being sent back to Brooklyn.  Anne heard about the Gaea House for prison evolutions.  Her very kind adopted father had a hand in helping with its creation.  Sven was very upfront with Anne about his past; he felt that she should know the truth.  Anne never thought any less of him just as she will never feel any less of Tyler.  She studied the giant for a moment and visualized his flawless skin being covered up in gang tattoos and burn scares.  Tyler let out a small laugh when he realized what she was doing.  Anne had a feeling she was going to like her new teacher.

I’m Keith and I’m an earthmover.  The voice came to Anne from the tall shaggy haired man.  He gave Anne a gentle smile.  There are only seven known earthmovers around the world and Anne was beside herself to meet one of the seven.  Keith was obviously the North America earthmover because each of the earthmovers was dispatched to each continent.  Anne shyly returned the smile.

You’re rare.  Anne thought and Keith laughed.

As are you.  The gentle voice flowed through Anne’s head.  Just like Tyler, Anne knew that she was going to like Keith.

It’s nice to have another female in the mix, even if you are young enough to be my daughter.  A sweet yet kind feminine voice flowed through Anne’s head.  Anne looked to the blond giantess that was only slightly taller than her.  She gave Anne a motherly smile despite her youthful face.  My name is Carla.  I absorb and control electricity.  Our powers are sort of similar expect that I can absorb electrical currents.   Carla held her right hand in a claw as small bolts of electricity shot through each digit.  Anne gasped at the sight and was truly amazed by Carla.  Carla giggled as she stopped the currents.

Show off!  A gruff sounding voice entered Anne’s head.  Anne turned to the dark broad giant who gave her a kind smile despite his menacing feature and his unusually broad body.  Carla raised an eyebrow to the giant and let out a noise as she turned away.  My name’s Frank but everybody calls me Lazarus because when I was human I was in a terrible car accident that left me disabled.  All the metal implants I had melded into my bones when I evolved leaving me with a titanium skeleton.  I was also blind too and now I have better than average vision, even for a giant.  I am also super strong for a giant too.  Speed is not my strongest ability like the other kid over there.  Frank pointed to Cody who gave Anne a sheepish grin.  All that metal in my body sort of slows me down, if you know what I mean.  Frank gave Anne a wink and a cock-eyed smile.  Anne returned Frank’s smile.

Anne wasn’t afraid of Frank’s menacing look because she lived with a handsomely menacing giant who may not have been as broad as Frank but he was still just as big as the strange giant.  Sven had a scary quality to him that Anne had grown quite used to so Frank was nothing.  Anne then found out that the reason for Frank’s broad build was because of the titanium skeleton.  Frank wasn’t all that rare either considering the amount of people around the world with implants.  The strange dark eyes were though and that gave Frank his better than average eyesight.

Frank’s eyesight gradually bleed into a chocolate color from the black.  He let out a small laugh when he watched wide-eyed Anne’s reaction.  They change color when I don’t need my super clear vision.  My eyes are really brown but there is nothing I can do about this ugly face though.  Frank smiled down at Anne.  Frank really wasn’t all the ugly much like all the other giants.  He had a strong chin that went well with his broad frame that he kept stubbly.  Frank was also of Hispanic origin with his smooth tan complexion.  His natural eyes softened his features.  Anne liked Frank’s sense of humor.

I need to see what you can do, red. By the way, the hair suits you.   I’m taking you to the fire room first.  You’ll get to join the others in the rumble room when I think you’re under enough control.  Tyler thought towards Anne with a nod of his head.  Anne wasn’t used to all this telepathy use but she understood the need.  When I think your good enough, I’m going to hand you over to Molly and Allison for fight training.  I know we’re much bigger than our potential enemy but there also might be a chance you will have to use it. Anne smiles up and nods at the giant.  Tyler gives her a warm smile and pats her shoulder.

 

The fire room was a room made of fireproof material with a large target on the wall.  This is going to be your practice room.  You can come here anytime to blow off some steam.  In fact, I recommend that you do so.  The more practice you get, the better you’ll become.  Your talents come from your emotions.  The better control you have over your emotions, the better control you have over the fire.

Anne watched as blue flame ignited from Tyler’s fingertips.  The fire grew orange and gradually shaped itself into an orange ball.  Notice that the fire isn’t burning my skin or clothes.  I have complete control over the flame, it obeys my every command.  Tyler then tossed the ball of fire into his other hand.  Anne watched as he juggled the flame.  I am in complete control.  The flame will only go where I want it to.  Tyler quit juggling the flame and threw it hard at the target with his right hand.  The flame disappeared and all that could be seen was smoke.  Tyler then proceeded to make another fire ball and offered it to Anne.  Anne was unsure until her hand started doing the same thing as the black man’s.  Tyler smiled as he watched the small blue flames.  You’re ready to take it.  Your body and your emotions want you to have the fire.  Take it. 

Anne held her hand to the fire ball.  To Anne it felt solid like a basketball.  She held the small mass in her hand, trying to direct her commands to it.  The ball of fire danced and moved organically.  It felt alive in Anne’s grasp.  She held her other hand to it and blue flames started shooting up her fingers.  The fire seemed attracted to the organic mass as Anne shifted the fire from one hand to another.  Tyler smiled in approval of his new student as her instinct started taking over.  Now with all your might, throw it at the wall.  Tyler encouraged the young giantess.  With the grace of a dancer, Anne threw the ball of fire with all her might.  She felt the fire’s rhythm until it went up into smoke.  For the first time in her short life, Anne felt alive and powerful.

“Good work red,” Tyler said aloud and patted Anne’s shoulder.  Tomorrow we’ll work on making fire balls.  It’s best we do this in baby steps.  Tyler dismissed Anne who couldn’t wait to tell her adopted parents about her day. 

Before she went back to the hangar, Tyler showed her the large underground space known as the rumble room.  The strange space seemed as big as a football stadium with dirt and boulders making up the obstacle course.  There were also dummy houses and buildings to represent a human town.  Anne gasped when she saw Carla grab power cords.  Lightening shot though the petite giantess as she absorbed all the electric.  Carla sparkled and glowed as a streak came running close up on her.  The unseen force knocked Carla off her feet.

“That’s it Flash Jr.,” Carla playfully growled as she stood back up and started shooting lightening at the fast moving target.  Carla managed to hit her target in the rear.

“Owww!  Son of a ….,” Cody yelled and Anne just laughed. 

“Annie Oakley strike again!”  Carla said as blew on her fingertip and Cody shot her a dirty look.  “Serves you right Matthews!  You ruined my favorite potato sack,” Carla said with a smirk as she dusted off her dress. Cody laughed and winked at Anne when he noticed her watching.

Training is pretty serious stuff but we still like to have our fun.  Anne heard the voice of the earthmover named Keith say in her head.  She turned around and looked up at the handsome giant.  Tyler finished with your training today?  Anne nodded.  I need to get back to my wife, she going to be home any minute now.  She doesn’t know yet.  Keith looked like a giant who didn’t believe in hiding things, but in the case of being a top secret super soldier, he had to.

 

Newfound Love by nancyarcher

Kathleen Black was on her way to her new temporary home on the Gaea House campus.  She had just sold the old house to an elderly couple and bought some land on the outskirts of Spartan Falls.  The Gaea Foundation is helping with part of the expenses for a home built to fit her husband.   Keith Black recently went from being an overweight and balding used car salesman to a tall and fit twenty-something looking thirty-one and a half foot giant.  Kathleen never thought she would ever get an opportunity to see the Keith she married so many years ago but now she gets to be with him every day of the week only now he has a body as big as a billboard.

Kathleen and Keith discussed putting the kids through the Titan Project.  They both decided against it at the moment.  Not for the sake of Kathleen so much as the unborn baby Kathleen had growing inside her.  The only thing that will change their minds is if the titan gene shows in her blood.  At the moment all of Kathleen’s test point to human.  Every week Kathleen visits Sven Lindquist office for a blood test.  She has gotten to know the giant real well as well as his wife.  Kathleen even volunteers her time helping Jane with the support group.  The Lindquist’s have become friends with the Black’s.

Kathleen walked through a human size door to the large foyer of the hangar.  Each hangar is designed to look like the inside of a regular home just on a different scale.  A small pool sat recessed into the floor.  It wasn’t a pool meant for swimming, it was meant to be used as a foot bath for a person five times normal size.  A pair of flip flops sat neatly next to the pool.  Kathleen knew that Keith was home.

Kathleen and Keith have also been putting their children through the Gaea School for Children of the Evolved.  It was a special school set up for children of evolved parents who wasn’t going through the Titan Project.  After Cody Matthews’s problems, the giants thought it was best to have a school of their own since the children of the evolved have been getting the brunt end of prejudice.   Kyle and Amber were getting an above average education than what they got at their old school.

Kathleen looked at her cell to see that the kids don’t get out of school for another hour.  Kathleen closed her second hand clothing shop early today since business has been slow.  Sizes have changed too drastically for Kathleen to get any business.  She joked with Keith that she should open up a tent shop instead.  Keith told her that money won’t mean much after the giants get their shot at running things.  Kathleen didn’t let it upset her because she knew that her evolution has yet to come but at the moment, the humans are in charge and the Black’s needed some sort of an income.

Kathleen heard the shower when she put her purse on the kitchen table.  Kathleen smiled at the thought of sneaking in on Keith.  Of course it was hard to sneak up on someone who is much bigger and is also telepathic.  The telepathy wasn’t the issue as much as Keith’s size.  The Black’s used the no telepathy rule in their house even though Keith was the only one capable.  Kathleen knew that if she wanted to ‘sneak up’ on Keith, she had to keep her thoughts loud.  She didn’t want to risk Keith stepping on her.

Kathleen headed into the human bathroom that all the hangars are equipped with.  She took off her blouse and jeans as well as taken her hair down.  Kathleen was proud of her body.  For a woman her age and two kids, Kathleen had the body of a twenty year old despite the baby bump.  It also helped that she was tall.  Keith had shown his appreciation for Kathleen’s body since the evolution.  Jane Lindquist even gave her a few pointers on pleasuring her giant that Kathleen found quite useful.  Of course Keith was gentle with her like he always was.  Kathleen even worked on getting rid of her fear of heights just for her giant.

Kathleen quietly entered the much larger bathroom where fog lingered from the shower.  Keith was humming to himself and abruptly stopped.  Kathleen toned her thoughts down a bit and Keith resumed scrubbing.  Kathleen peaked through the curtain to find Keith strong calves, thighs and tight perfect ass.  Keith had his eyes closed and humming as he scrubbed his perfect arms and biceps.  Keith’s skin is completely flawless of any scars or birthmarks, the perfect specimen of the new race.  Kathleen took in the thirty-one and half feet of pure male perfection towering above her like a marble statue.  Kathleen didn’t mind Keith’s new lack of modesty one bit.

“Is that the statue of David I see before me?” Kathleen playfully says as Keith looked over his shoulder and down at his wife with a smile.

“I doubt that considering that David is half my size,” Keith said as he turned around giving his tiny wife the full view.

“Can’t say as you’re hung like an elephant either.  That would be an insult,” Kathleen said, admiring Keith’s full blown perfection.  Keith laughed and picked his wife up in the palm of his hand careful of her still lingering fears.  Keith could still feel her pulse rise every time he picked up his wife.

“I can honestly say that you have a fine pair of melons.  Very beautiful,” Keith said as he fingered his wife breast.  Kathleen laughed.

“You know we have less than an hour till the kids get home and I’m really in the mood to do some pole dancing.  What do you say my very big bad boy,” Kathleen said in a raspy voice.

“I’ve got the pole if you have the dance my naughty little kitty,” Keith said as he shut off the water.

Keith knew in his heart that there was only one woman for him despite his newfound attractiveness.  Keith loved Kathleen more than ever and he would do anything to make her happy.  Lately Keith has felt that Kathleen is the one doing all the work while he sits back and enjoys the show.  Little does he know but Kathleen doesn’t mind giving her giant husband pleasure.  Even his nectar tastes sweeter than it used to but Keith still wanted Kathleen to feel special even as she feeds his arousal.  Keith groaned while Kathleen played with his penis.  She stroked the beast and felt Keith arousal under her hands.  She did this till Keith finally called out her name.  Kathleen smiled.

Keith quickly pulled on some underwear and track pants while Kathleen put on her robe.  The best part for Kathleen was the afterglow.  Keith would lay her on his chest where she could feel and hear his massive heartbeat.  She lazily played with his chest hairs. 

“I know I haven’t said this in ages but Keith Black I think you are one hell of a man,” Kathleen said as she curled up into a ball under Keith’s enormous hand.  Keith let out a small laugh that made Kathleen literally bounce.

“Kathy, you are the most beautiful woman,” Keith quietly tells his wife as he lazily pets her small form with his fingers.

“Well, we have ten minutes till the kids come home.  I better go make myself decent while you go find yourself a shirt,” Kathleen said as she looked up at the massive wall clock.

“Kathy, thank you baby,” Keith said as he gently put his wife down and then gently slapped her ass with two fingers.  Kathleen blushed.

“My, you have become a saucy bastard Keith Black,” Kathleen playfully tells her gigantic husband and Keith laughs.

“I love you, Kathy,” Keith then sweetly tells his wife before he bent down and kissed her forehead.

“I love you too, sweetie,” Kathy softly tells her husband in return before going to get herself dressed.  The Black’s marriage has gone full circle since Keith’s evolution.  Kathleen is now grateful for the day her father drug her out to Gaea House even though she didn’t want to.  If he hadn’t, she never would’ve got to experience what a second chance is like.

Growing Concerns by nancyarcher

“I’m sorry Kathy, your blood test came back negative again this week,” Sven Lindquist tells his patient. 

“I’ll live Sven.  The kids seem ready for the injection but Keith doesn’t want them to have it in case the baby doesn’t evolve with me,” Kathleen says as she looks up at the giant from the balcony.  “He worries they might be too big to have a baby around.”

“That is nonsense Kathy.  You’ve seen how much different Titan children are from human children.  They understand a lot more than even human adults.  They would understand that the baby is delicate and treat the infant accordingly.  He has nothing to worry about.  In fact, if we inject them now they’ll be evolved enough to help you with the baby.  How long you have Kathy, a month?” Sven said as he looked at Kathleen bulging belly.

“Try three months.  The doctor said he’s never seen anything like it.  I don’t recall getting big so fast with the other two.  Keith must be spoiling me too much,” Kathleen said as Sven eyes grew concerned.

“I have, same thing happened to Jane with the twins.  Not her first two but recently.  The blood test is not picking it up but your day may be coming sooner than you realize.  I’ll call Dr. Clark and inform him of what is happening.  This is a long shot but I have a theory.  First I must ask you a very personal question.  Have you engaged in certain sexual activities with Keith recently?”

“What do you mean?” Kathleen asked with a funny look on her face.

“I know my wife has probably given you some pointers.  This may sound vulgar but have you given your husband a BJ recently?”

Kathleen eyes became as big as saucers but Sven still kept his professional façade.

“There is something in his semen that is going to cause a chain reaction.  Your son is already feeling the effects.  Once he is out of your womb you may feel it too just on a faster level than the usual evolving process.  You may keep growing after the baby is taken from you.  Jane grew a half of a foot every hour for close to three days.  The sooner we can get you in for a C-section the better,” Sven tells the human woman.

“I’ll evolve shortly after Ethan is out of me?”  Kathleen couldn’t believe what she was getting told.

“That’s how it happened with Jane but she conceived our children through dreams.  I don’t know how much more different this will be, there is only one way to find out,” Sven said as he looked at the large monitor where he could access Kathleen’s medical records.

“I have a feeling the C-section will have to be done sometime next week.  Ethan is practically busting out of your womb.  The sooner you and Keith sign the red forms, the better or your children will have on big little brother to contend with,” Sven said as he checked the ultrasound video on record.

 

Kathleen sat down with Keith after the kids were fast asleep.  The kids really enjoyed having a giant for a father and Keith was really gentle with them, more so now than he was when he was human.  The kids loved the organic playground Keith made with his hands.  He would take some rope and do cat’s cradle with his hands and make a ladder for the kids to climb.  Sometimes they liked jumping over his fingers and playing obstacle course.  Keith enjoyed making Kyle and Amber happy and he especially loved that he could be father they always deserved.

“Keith, I’m going to have to sign the red forms.  Sven told me today that there’s a chance I’ll evolve after Ethan is born.  It’s up to the kids if they want injected or not.  Don’t be mad at them if they want this,” Kathleen tells her giant.

“I understand Kathy,” was all Keith could say, giving Kathleen a heartbroken gaze.

“I know you enjoy them being small Keith but we have to do what’s best.  I could possibly be growing as big as a building after I have Ethan and Ethan will be…” Kathleen broke up at the thought.

“Much larger than a full grown man.  Sven and Jane’s kids are gentle though, maybe Ethan will be the same way,” Keith said quietly.

“Maybe he will but it’s ultimately up to Kyle and Amber if they want the shot or not.  It’s not going to stop the fact that my DNA is going to change one way or another.  Besides, if they decide against it we’re going have to equip the house for their needs.  High UV protected glass and special oxygen controls.  The kids won’t even be allowed outside during the day in another ten years according to the latest Gaea studies and even then they’ll have to wear oxygen mask because the air will be thinner.  The shot is really their only hope at a normal life Keith,” Kathleen says to her husband

“I can’t take away my kids’ chance at a normal life and you’re the only one who can sign those papers.  I know everything with Titan is on hardcopy making it difficult for my kind to sign,” Keith looked down at Kathleen who was sitting on the large table Keith used for his meals.

“Maybe I can get Steve to hold off on telling the kids for a bit, but the C-section has to happen next week at the latest.  Ethan is growing abnormally fast.  There’s a possibility that he is close to ten pounds now.  My body is not made to support that, Keith,” Kathleen said with a frown.  “Sven is trying to see if Dr. Clark can free up his schedule for sooner.”

The distinct ring of a telephone sounded but there was no phone in the hangar, just speakers and large screens throughout.  There was only one way to answer this call and it was the tone and pitch of a giant’s voice.

“Goliath, I’m picking up,” Keith said to no one and the supercomputer picked up the call.

“Keith this is Sven, is Kathy close by?” said the voice from the speaker as the face of a Nordic looking man popped up on the extremely large television screen.

“She’s here,” Keith simply answered.

“Good,” Sven responded.

“What is it?” Kathleen asked as she looked up at the monitor to see that Sven was at his hangar home holding his infant son.  Kathleen smiled when she saw the chubby blond gigantic baby.  Even though Tomas Lindquist was only a few months old, he already had the speech of a boy twice as old.  The infant’s body on the other had seemed to be developing like that of a normal child because the baby needed time to develop his muscles and motor skills.  Tomas was pulling and playing with Sven’s long blond mane.   He cooed and giggled.

“Dr. Clark freed up his schedule and he is willing to operate in two days.  The sooner that baby is born, the better.  The latest tests show that Ethan is growing a pound per day and it is hard to tell size on the ultrasound.  The latest tests also show that Ethan is a Titan carrier but your blood still shows normal.  This is new, Kathy.  The baby is evolving but you are not,” Sven said with a concerned look on his face.  Keith looked down at Kathleen and Kathleen looked unsure.

“I suggest you sign those red forms soon,” Sven then said.

“Can Steve hold onto them,” Kathleen asked.  “Keith is not ready to change our kids just yet.”

“He can hold them for up to thirty days but your children need to know about the Titan option,” Sven said to the couple.

“Tell Steve I’ll be at his office sometime tomorrow then,” Kathleen said much to her giant’s protest.

“Keith, it’s only an option.  The children will be the ones to make the choice.  Kathleen’s signature will only insure it legal under human practices.  That is if the government finds out,” Sven tells the giant. 

Keith knew that if the government found out about Titan XL5 that there will be war.  Humans would only want the formula to create super strong armies.  Keith was proud to be an American but he was not proud of how his government treated the evolved.  Giants were still getting treated like second class citizens even though they have proven their worth.  Some states had giant free townships.  Other states tried to use the giants as labor without paying them for their services.  Keith was secretly ready to fight as soon as the humans made their move but Keith also sensed fear in the humans.

 

Kathleen signed the red forms and prepared herself for her C-section.  She looked in the mirror at her swollen belly.  Her skin looked stretched beyond the limits.  Her stomach looked like that of a woman carrying multiplies and not one enormous baby boy.  Ethan growth had become more than Sven or Dr. Clark estimated.  The C-section was happening hell or high water.

Just as with Jane, Dr. Clark asked that the giants wait in the observation room.  Kathleen’s father stood in for Keith as he watched Dr. Clark cut open his daughter.  Sven Lindquist and Steven James sat with Keith in the observation room.  Barrels of shakes and water sat on the gigantic coffee table.  Keith could barely eat anything because of his nerves but his body wouldn’t completely allow it.  Giants needed to consume to survive. It didn’t take long for a giant’s body to feel the effects of full blown starvation.  What could be a week for a human turned out to be hours for a giant because of their very fast metabolism and size.

“I don’t ever remember being this nervous with the other two.  Kathy only had an epidural,” Keith said to the other giants in the room.

“Dr. Clark is a very good doctor,” Sven reassured his friend.

Dr. Clark had a couple of nurses flanking him when the sound of a baby’s cries came over the speaker.

“Jesus Christ doctor!”  One of the nurses exclaimed.  “That’s not a baby!  That’s a three year old!”

“Ethan, I can feel him already,” Keith said as he stood up.  He moved closer to the glass to see his son.  He observed the two nurses carefully laying his son in an incubator.  Ethan was the size of a human toddler.  Keith smiled until he saw Dr. Clark and the nurses working on his wife.  Kathleen refused to sign the Titan XL5 form that stated if any complications during the procedure caused a life or death situation the doctor would immediately administer the shot.

There was a lot of blood and Kathleen looked very pale.  A nurse rushed in.   “Dr. Clark, her blood tests are still negative.  No trance of Titan found.  The baby is definitely Titan.  We can’t get accurate weight or measurements.  The boy is growing,” the female nurse says to the doctor.

“That’s not my concern right now!  She’s lost a lot of blood!  I need blood!” the doctor shouted.  The nurse ran as fast as she could to the blood cooler.

Keith watched the little humans franticly worked on his wife.  He was ready to open the doors.  He wanted to hold his wife but common sense stopped him.  He could easily trample down the humans helping his very human wife.

“Her heart is barely beating,” Keith said as he turned to look at his friends.  “I feel so helpless.”

Dr. Clark managed to stabilize Kathleen but she was still unconscious.  They moved her to her room so that Keith could be with her.  Tears fell from the giant’s eyes but he was careful so they wouldn’t fall on his wife that the doctor declared comatose.

Keith spent his time at the clinic.  He watched as his son grew into a healthy baby giant and kept visual over his fragile very human wife.  Dr. Gunderson allowed the Black’s other two children visitation under the bleak circumstances of Kathleen.  Kyle couldn’t believe how big his baby brother was.  Ethan grew bigger with each visit.  Seven year old Kyle got the shock of his life when he noticed that his baby brother was bigger than him.  Amber didn’t like baby Ethan.  Her fiver year old mind blamed Ethan for her mother’s state.  Sadly, Keith understood her pain.

“He’s going get big.  I don’t like him dad,” Amber said.  Keith held her in his palm as they stood outside the clinic.  Keith needed some fresh air and plus it was a reason to spend some time with his only daughter.  He nearly killed mom.  He’s bigger than Kyle and all he does is eat and cry.  I haven’t seen one nurse change his diaper.  Maybe they don’t like him either.   Keith heard in her thoughts.  Amber didn’t understand that her baby brother is much different than a normal human baby.  Baby Ethan was eating to grow and everything he consumed went towards his speedy evolution.

“You like Sven and Jane’s babies.  Ethan is like those babies sweetheart,” Keith says to his diminutive daughter.

“They don’t cry like Ethan or eat like him either.  He hurt mom,” Amber said as tears formed in her eyes.

“He didn’t mean to sweetie.  Your mom was very brave giving us Ethan,” Keith said with a somber smile.  Keith had a very hard decision to make.  Kathleen was just declared brain dead.  Keith had to be strong for his very human children.  Keith decided it would be best to take her off life support moments before bringing Amber outside with him.  He had his talk with Kyle who is still crying.  He wasn’t sure of how to tell his five year daughter that she will no longer have a mother.  Keith felt Kathleen’s life slowly fading.  If only that stubborn woman signed the Titan waiver.  Kathleen was dead set on having a natural evolution.

Keith Black told his little girl the bad news the minute Keith felt Kathleen leave him.  Amber cried while hugging his thumb.  Keith wasn’t sure how he was going to handle life as a single father and giant.  At the moment his family was truly mixed, two giants and two human children.  Keith was grateful that Kathleen at least signed the red forms.  Keith hoped that Kyle and Amber would make the right decision.

Grief by nancyarcher

Keith stood above the small grave of his wife Kathleen.  His father in law Charles Kramer sat on his shoulder while Keith held both Kyle and Amber in his hands.  Tears fell from the giant’s eyes.  The cemetery only allowed Keith access.  All of Keith’s Gaea House friends stood outside the wrought iron gates that they could easily step over if they wanted to but the giants all agreed to respect the humans’ rules.   Keith and Kathleen’s old friends have abandoned them after Keith’s evolution.  The kids were dressed in their Sunday finest.  Kathleen’s family all stood under Keith dressed in black.  Charles wore a gray suit which left Keith feeling severely underdressed.  All Keith’s wardrobe choices consisted of were t-shirts, track suits and scrub type of outfits.  Keith choose a pair of black scrubs and instead of dress shoes, Keith had to settle for his flip flops.  You didn’t see the New York fashion houses jumping at the chance to design for people that made the supermodels seem extremely short.  Kathleen’s family understood Keith’s fashion dilemma.  They had come to support the giant that they all fell in love with considering none of them liked the overweight used car salesman he used to be.

Kathleen’s sister and brother both hugged Keith on the calf during the small and intimate service.  The humans couldn’t see the visual the giants held outside the cemetery gates but Keith and Charles could from their vantage points.  Sven Lindquist looked somberly towards Keith.  The sympathy of the giants filled Keith’s thoughts as well as their prayers.

“You have made some good friends son,” Charles whispered into Keith’s ear and the giant gently nodded.  To Charles, the giants had a right to be with their grieving friend and not tossed aside because of their differences but this cemetery is where generations of Kramer’s had been put to rest.  It angered Charles when the cemetery owners called his house to tell him that no giants were allowed except for the husband.  Charles knew that they weren’t just Keith’s friends but Kathleen’s as well.

Charles remembered the day Kathleen came for a visit.  Kathleen seemed like a different daughter after spending a day at Gaea House.  She radiated with newfound happiness.  Kathleen kissed her father’s cheek and thanked him profusely for forcing her to visit Keith at Gaea House.  She told him all about the giants and their generous nature.  Charles took it all in as Kathleen told him about Keith and how much more different he’d become.  Charles was happy for his daughter.

Now Charles sat on Keith’s shoulder looking down on his daughter’s grave.  Charles loved his new grandson despite the circumstances.  Ethan was a gentle little soul despite the fact that he could use his granddad and siblings as toys.  Ethan looked so much like Kathleen with his black hair and blue eyes.  Charles saw intelligence in the boy’s eyes.  It was like the little giant knew right from wrong already.  Ethan never made an effort to grab at the small humans.  Even though the boy couldn’t talk, he always appeared like he was trying to get his big sister to smile.  It was like the baby could sense Charles’ granddaughter’s feeling towards the baby giant.

Charles did his best with trying to talk to Amber.  Charles knew that the five year old blamed the innocent baby for her mother’s death.  Charles took notice of Ethan as he watched the baby’s eyes follow his sister’s movement.  Charles read the Gaea House pamphlets his daughter had carelessly thrown out.  Charles read one about giants and family.  It describes how giants connect to those closest to them, most newly evolved felt a genetic deepness with their family members.  Charles couldn’t help but notice this with Ethan.  The boy knew his family members by more than just their names.

The priest read from his bible and appeared kind to the family but Keith knew what the man’s feelings were towards him.  The word abomination floated throughout the man’s thoughts.  Keith also noticed the groundskeeper had tin foil under his hat.  The humans that weren’t family didn’t want him here.  He also picked from Charles mind the heated phone conversation he had the other day with the cemetery owners and groundskeeper.  Seems Keith had to make appointments to visit his wife’s grave.  He wasn’t allowed to come here at any time to see her like all the other grieving families.  They had Keith’s father in law livid.  Keith made a little flower garden on the Gaea campus to honor Kathleen.  Keith filled it with all her favorite flowers.  Keith felt closer to Kathleen there anyway.

After the service, Keith shifted his kids to one hand and offered Charles his free one to step on.  Charles trusted the giant completely as Keith gently lowered his hand near his mother in law Ivy.  Charles jumped off and Ivy patted the giant’s hand.

“If you ever need anything whatsoever Keith, don’t be afraid to ask.  You’re still a part of the family,” Ivy tells her gigantic son in law.  Ivy Kramer was never a big fan of Keith Black that was the old Keith Black.  Ivy has gotten closer to Keith after the death of Kathleen.  Keith felt genuine love from his in laws and felt bad about his old human self.

Keith then lowered the kids to the ground.  Amber and Kyle both gave the Kramer clan a round of hugs.  Keith was still uncertain about giving the kids the shot.  Ethan had been so gentle about his smaller and older siblings that Keith wanted to put it off as long as possible.  Another part of Keith was ready for his older children to start evolving.  Kyle and Amber could easily be kidnapped or worse.  If they were giants, no one could hurt them as easily.  Being the human children of a giant had its downsides too.  They had to take the prejudice of other humans.

The groundskeeper tapped Charles on the shoulder.  He was a horrid little man with rotten teeth.  “Time for the giant to go back with his own kind.  I got families waiting to visit graves and his friends are making it difficult for them to go through the gates,” the evil little man said.

“The man just lost his wife!  Have a Goddamn heart you asshole!  They’re not even in the way of the gates!” Ivy screamed at the dirty little man.

“Mom, he isn’t worth it.  He’s ignorant to my kind anyway.  He isn’t even aware that I can still hear his mousy little thoughts.  Tin foil can’t keep us out,” Keith said in a gentle tone.  The giant wanted to yell much like his mother in law had but Keith wasn’t that man anymore.  Giants abided until the humans got too far out of hand.  As a Gaea soldier Keith was more than obligated to follow the rules.  Instead Keith made a small dip into the earth with his mind, right in the trail of the groundskeeper.  Ivy smiled when she saw the nasty man fall on his ass.

“Serves him right,” Ivy mumbled.  All the humans were unaware the giant caused this man’s misfortune.  Keith wouldn’t have done it otherwise but the little man upset him.  Keith said his goodbyes to his in laws and picked the kids back up into his hands.  He walked out of the gates where the other giants waited.  All the giants then started walking back to Gaea House.

Family Life by nancyarcher

Being a single father isn’t an easy job.  Being a single father who is a giant with two human children and a newborn baby giant, well that was a whole new can of worms for Keith Black.  Ethan was literally bigger than the size of a horse.  Keith did his best to keep him feed and clean.  Kyle and Amber were a different challenge.  One of the Gaea House techs came by every morning to make sure the children were clean and clothed.  The techs also took care of the laundry and meals for Keith’s very small and very human children.  Eventually Steve assigned a full time tech for the Black’s.  She was a mere girl of twenty-two and her name was Kristy King.  She was a shy girl with a fascination for the giants.  She was also a farm girl with strawberry blond hair and big blue eyes.  Kristy looked like the princess from a fairy tale. 

Kristy jumped at the chance of living full time on the Gaea House property.  Her parents couldn’t afford college for her and Kristy always wanted to be a school teacher.  When she filled out the job application for Gaea House, little did she know that she would be working directly with the giants and their families let alone be offered a job as a full time nanny.  Kristy knew that the family she was assigned to recently had tragedy in their lives.  Kristy was filling the void left by Kathleen Black.  Kristy hoped that she can get along well with the giant and his family.

Kristy King nervously rang the bell on the large hangar door.  Normally the techs would let themselves in to take care of Keith Black’s children but today Kristy thought it would be polite to introduce herself to the giant and his family since she was staying with them.  Kristy only packed a suitcase in case things didn’t work out instead of moving all her belongings in at once.  She had no need for a lab coat or scrubs anymore.  Kristy was happy to be wearing her street clothes for this job.

The gigantic door opened to a brown haired handsome giant that Kristy immediately recognized as Keith Black.  She was taken by his looks.  Kristy was quite used to the giants by now but there was something different about this one.  Maybe it was the gigantic baby he held in his arms or the sadness in his eyes?

“You must be Kristy.  Steve told me all about you,” Keith said with a genuine smile as he looked down at the small woman.  “Come on in,” Keith then said as he stood aside.  Keith sensed the girl’s nervousness and so did Baby Ethan as he gently cooed.  Ethan had made progress within the month of his life.  The giants were finding out that the born giants seemed a lot more in tune with their surroundings than the Titan children.

Kristy slowly walked on in taking in the surroundings of the hangar.  Unlike most of the giants living on the Gaea House campus, the Black’s didn’t have personal belongings other than a few small items and a portrait of Kathleen that the giant Bradley Hester painted.  Kristy looked up at the painting of the raven haired woman.  Keith noticed Kristy studying the painting and thought that he had better tell her.

“That’s my wife Kathleen.  She passed away about a month ago,” Keith said.

“Mr. James told me all about it.  I’m sorry for your loss Mr. Black,” Kristy kindly said to the giant.  Keith peeked into her thoughts and saw that Kristy King is an honest person and that she loves children.

“Please call me Keith.  Last names are so…human,” Keith said with a smile.  Kristy returned Keith smile.

“That must be Baby Ethan.  My only experience with giant children is Mr. James’ son Tommy.  That’s the first baby I’ve ever seen.  He’s a little cutie,” Kristy said, trying to strike up a conversation with her new boss.

Keith gracefully moved down to the floor, holding Ethan the whole time.  He lays Ethan on the floor so that Kristy can get a better view of him.  Plus Keith wanted a closer look at the kids’ nanny.  Kristy King looked like the adorable All-American girl type.  She was petite with long flowing wavy hair.  She could have been a cheerleader at one time but Keith found out she was quite the opposite.  The girl is an epileptic, a disorder that she keeps hidden for the fear of being judged or discriminated against.  This didn’t bother Keith.  Gaea House didn’t discriminate against such things and neither did Keith.  Keith was saddened that Kristy had been discriminated and even made fun of, leaving the girl to have a shy but gentle demeanor.  Looks like we’re both damaged goods sweetheart.  Keith thought to himself.

Baby Ethan let Kristy tickle his chin.  Ethan’s instincts told him to be gentle around the small people.  He never tried to grab at them or squeeze them.  Ethan smiled and cooed at the small person who was returning his smiles.  Ethan liked the pretty little lady.

“He won’t hurt you.  Don’t ever be afraid of him,” Keith tells Kristy.

“Where are your other two kids, Mr…I mean Keith,” Kristy asked the giant.

“At school, they won’t be home for a while.  I’m glad you came early because there is a matter I need to discuss with you,” Keith said.

“What is it?  Are you going to red form them?”

“No, my wife signed the form but I’m putting it off for a bit.  Mr. James thought it best too.  My daughter Amber is having a hard time right now.  She blames Ethan for Kathy’s death.  I know the shot will change her perception but I want her to find a deep peace with Ethan.  Until she can find that peace, there will be no red form for neither of my older children.  Do you understand?”

“Perfectly, I don’t know who could hate this little guy,” Kristy said as she made faces at Ethan and Ethan laughed.  Keith smiled.  Keith had a strong feeling that Kristy was going to fit right in.

“Another thing you must know too.  I am having a house built off of Gaea campus.  As soon as it’s finished I’m moving there.  The house is on the outskirts of town.  If things work out with you, I’d like you to come along.  I’ve equipped it for cohabitation,” Keith tells the new nanny.

“We’ll see Keith.  I need to meet the children I will be caring for first,” Kristy said.  Kristy couldn’t believe how easy it was talking to a giant.  Giants weren’t rude like human beings were.  They were smart and funny at times.  Kristy loved working at Gaea House.

Keith smiled as he watched the human with his son.  Ethan even let Kristy make raspberries on his chubby cheeks.  Ethan just smiled and cooed at the attention he was receiving.  To Kristy, Ethan reminded her of her favorite horse she had as a girl but Ethan was no horse.

“Of course I’ll take care of Ethan.  Some of the giantesses have volunteered to watch him for me when I’m out doing Gaea House business,” Keith tells the small human.

“Understandable, I don’t know if I can change his diaper of feed him?  I know there is no way I can burp him,” Kristy tells Keith and then turns to Ethan.  “No, there is no way,” Kristy said in baby talk while making funny faces that had Ethan laughing.

“I’m glad Ethan likes you.  That will make it easier for me once he starts crawling around here.  Ethan is a giant but he is still a baby,” Keith said.

“I have three younger siblings.  Trust me, I know.  I helped my parents raise the younger two.  They were into everything when they started crawling,” Kristy said with an eye roll and Keith let out a gentle laugh.

“It’ll probably be a madhouse around here once Ethan gets his legs,” Keith said and Kristy smiled.  Keith wanted so much for his children to like Kristy.  Keith and Ethan are already sold on her.

Later in the day, Kyle and Amber came home from school.  Both children and Keith have been going to grief consoling to help them deal with the loss of Kathleen.  Keith misses his wife as much as the children miss her but poor Amber had taken it the hardest.  Keith was glad to hear that Steve choose a woman to help out around the house but he was surprised to see one so young.  Keith hoped his daughter could bond with Kristy and help her ease her loss a bit.  Kristy would be more like a big sister than a mother to his five year old but it will still be nice having another female around for her.

“Kids, this is your nanny Kristy,” Keith tells his kids.

“I’m too old for a nanny Dad,” Kyle said as he looked at Kristy.

“Think of me as one of the techs instead of a nanny,” Kristy tells the boy.

“I hope you can cook,” Kyle responded and Keith smiled down at his boy.

“I hope you like pizza because that’s what I made for supper,” Kristy said.

“Big whoop, I can take a package out of the freezer and put it in the oven,” Kyle responded with crossed arms.

“I made it from scratch.  You like pepperoni right?” Kristy said.

“Only the vegetarian kind.  Dad doesn’t eat meat and neither do I,” Kyle said, trying his best to be difficult.

“I’m a vegetarian too.  Been one since I was your age,” Kristy said with a smile.  Kyle glared at her.

“Now Kyle, quit being difficult.  You know there is no meat in this house.  Kristy made it herself, I watched her,” Keith tells his son.

“That’s okay Mr. Black that means more for Amber and me.  He can just eat cereal,” Kristy said as she looked up at Keith who was sitting on the floor with Ethan.  Ethan cooed and kicked since none of the little people were standing close.  The baby giant smiles and giggles at the human woman.

“Fine, I’ll eat your crummy pizza then.  Doesn’t mean I’ll like it,” Kyle said as he tried to storm away but Keith’s hand stopped him.

“Dad,” Kyle whined, staring at the wall of flesh blocking his path.  Being a giant gave Keith a whole new set of parenting challenges.  Keith never wanted his kids to feel like prisoners in a world of giants but he was also going to discipline them with a gentle hand.  Keith knew that the kids enjoyed having a giant for a father but he also knew that his size can scare them too.  Keith did his best to find a happy medium.  He still followed the no telepathy rule even though they weren’t aware of Keith’s talents.  Keith did his best to share his love even though the giant felt he spent more time with the baby.  In short, Keith was a good father.

“Be nice to Kristy.  Tell her you’re sorry or it’s off to bed with you.  No supper,” Keith tells his son in a low voice.  Kyle glares up at his dad.  Keith inwardly smiled when he realized his son is still the same person he’s always been.  Keith liked seeing his son act normal but Amber had been so introverted lately.  She hated Ethan with a passion and blamed him for everything.  This broke Keith’s heart.

“I’m sorry,” Kyle said as he rolled his eyes.  Keith gave his son a cross look.  “I’m sorry Kristy,” Kyle said in a more sincere tone.

“That’s better.  You and Amber go eat your food before it gets cold.  I’d like to have a few words with Kristy,” Keith said, taking the wall out of his son’s path.  The kids went off to the small glass enclosed kitchenette.

“You did well in handling that Keith,” Kristy complimented her new boss.

“I don’t like to use my size to scare them but I can’t have them walking all over me either.  I also have a no telepathy rule in this house which I honor,” Keith said and Kristy interrupted.

“Except for earlier when you were trying to root around my thoughts for information,” Kristy said and Keith’s jaw dropped.

“How did you know?” Keith asked.

“I’m sensitive you can say.  Please don’t judge me because of my disorder Mr. Black.  I can do this,” Kristy pleaded.  She hated being outed for who she is.  Kristy had lost jobs because of her disorder and she didn’t want to lose this one.  Keith gave her a warm and caring smile.

“Steve wouldn’t have hired you if he didn’t think you could work here.  How do you think the applicants to Gaea House get hired in the first place?  Steve only hires who he feels is honest, it has nothing to do with your work history,” Keith reassured the little human.

“That’s why my brain tickled so much.  He was reading our thoughts,” Kristy said and Keith nodded.

“It’s the only way we can ensure that people are honest with us.  Steve knew you were hiding a secret and he even knew why but that didn’t matter.  He felt that you were an overall honest person with kind thoughts.  Training and schooling has nothing to do with it.  People can always be trained but do they truly love what they do, usually no.  You love your work and that’s what matters most, not the paycheck.  Your epilepsy must make you sensitive to us.  Who knew a little human woman could have the upper hand on us,” Keith said and Kristy smiled.

Kristy joined the kids in the kitchenette while Keith watched while sitting on the floor next to his son.  Keith and Ethan’s diet consisted of liquid and the oversized vegetation from the gardens.  Keith stood up and went to get some formula for Ethan who liked to eat at the same time as his siblings.  Keith moved Ethan so that he was sitting up in his special seat and then he handed his son the drum of special formula.  Even though Ethan is only a month old, the boy already knew how to hold his own bottle.  Ethan faced the glassed in kitchenette so that he can see everybody eat while Keith kept an eye on him and popped open a shake for himself.  

Single Giant Father by nancyarcher

Kristy proved her worth.  The kids became attached to their caregiver and Keith was happy for it.  Amber was becoming more and more accepting of her ‘little’ brother as Kristy helped her work through her pain.

“Now Amber, Ethan doesn’t know what happened.  You at least got to know your mother whereas Ethan will only know of her through stories and pictures.  She got to hold you and love you.  Why don’t you share some of that love with Ethan,” Kristy said as she stood near the giant baby boy.  Ethan stood taller than the two humans he sat down next to.

“He’s big and slobbery.  Sometimes he even smells bad but he isn’t so bad I guess,” Amber said as she stood in front of her brother.  Little Ethan Black was last measured a little above ten feet long.  He had the girth of an average human child which made his weight close to five hundred pounds.  Ethan was also much stronger than an average man.  He could easily pick up a compact car but Ethan was extremely gentle and smart.  At three months, he could already form words and sentences.

“Love Amber,” Ethan cooed to his sister.  Ethan sensed his ‘big’ sister’s feeling towards him and did his best to win her love.  “Ethan love Kristy,” he cooed again and Kristy smiled at the giant baby with the black curly hair and clear blue eyes.

“I love Ethan too,” Kristy said as she hugged him.  Ethan giggled.

“Why Ethan big?” the baby asked.  That was another thing Ethan started doing, asking questions.

“You are a giant Ethan and we are humans,” Kristy tells the baby.

“Ethan forget,” said the baby.  “Why Ethan giant and you human?”

Amber glared up at her brother.  The innocent question brought up painful memories for Amber and reignited her hatred for her baby brother.  If Ethan was born normal, her mother would still be here or better yet, if Ethan was never born.  Ethan pursed his lips.  The baby giant sensed his sister’s heartache.  Ethan instincts already knew of telepathy and bonding.  Tears filled his eyes before Amber even said it.

“Because you’re a freak!” Amber shouted and went off crying to her room.  Despite his intelligence, Ethan began to cry too.  Keith heard all this from the other room and went to his son first.

“What happened?” Keith asked, looking down at Kristy.

“I make Amber sad,” Ethan cried.  “Amber not like Ethan.”

“Keith, I think you need to talk to her.  I can take care of Ethan.  Amber needs her dad right now,” Kristy tells the giant.

“But Kristy…” Keith tells the nanny.

“No buts Keith.  I am capable of damage control here.  Amber needs you, she feels neglected because you always have to take care of Ethan.  I think I can dry his tears.  You go talk to your daughter,” Kristy orders the giant.  The five foot two woman at that moment could have been fifty feet to Keith.  Kristy can be a little firecracker when she is adamant about something.  Keith thought it best to listen to her as he headed for his daughter’s room.

The human sized rooms looked like a big giant box inside the spacious house.  Keith designed them himself for his family’s privacy in mind and they were giant accessible too with a flap ceiling that can be lifted open from the outside.  Keith came up with the idea after watching Amber play with her doll house.  The box rooms were painted in multiple colors so that Keith and Ethan would know which rooms were which.  Keith gently tapped on the ceiling flap to the pink room.

“Amber sweetie, it’s Dad,” Keith tells his daughter that he hears sobbing.  “Can I come in,” Keith said out of an old human habit.  Keith wanted his kids to know that he may be big but he is still their father.

Amber didn’t answer so Keith gently lifted the flap to his daughter’s bedroom.  Amber sat on her bed sniffling into her favorite stuffed frog.  When Keith and Kathleen came up with the floor plans for the new house, they wanted the kids’ rooms to look as close to their old bedrooms as possible but still able to leave enough room for a giant’s hand to fit inside.  Keith touched his daughter’s back with his index finger.

“Sweetheart, what’s wrong?” Keith asked the little girl.  Amber stiffened under Keith’s gentle touch.  Amber kept crying.  “Please tell me what’s wrong.”

“Ethan, he is reading my mind again,” Amber sobbed.  Keith sat down with his kids a month ago and explained to them what telepathy was and how it worked.  He thought it was best they knew before Ethan started talking clearly.  It didn’t surprise Keith when Ethan started exhibiting some small version of telepathic powers.  Unlike the Titan Project children, the born titans seem to have instincts that didn’t need taught.  Ethan fit the mold of the first generation of true giants as they were being called.  Keith knew the eventually he was going to have to enforce the no telepathy house rule on Ethan soon.

“You mind if I pick you up sweetie?” Keith asked his daughter.  That was a rule that all the giants created and abided by.  No human shall be handled against their will unless they cause harm to themselves or others.  This ensured that all the giants will be in good standing with humans.  Mixed families like the Blacks followed this rule especially in the privacy of their homes.  Keith always wanted his children to feel they had a choice.

Amber looked up at her father and nodded.  Keith gently wiped the tears from her cheek with his index finger and then held his hand in front of her, palm up.  Amber climbed onto the gigantic hand.  Amber loved it whenever Keith would pick her up.  She knew that when Keith held her it was their bonding time.  Amber had a cherub’s face with Keith brown hair and eyes.  Amber was a Daddy’s girl and she knew it but after Ethan was born that started to change.  Keith spent most of his time taking care of the baby and not enough time with Amber; this made the little girl upset.

“You mind telling me what’s wrong?” Keith asked her as he held her to eye level.

“Why do you always have to take care of Ethan?  You still have two other kids you know.  Ethan is a big slobbering smelly mess and he keeps getting bigger and messier.  Don’t you love Kyle and me anymore?” Amber sobbed.  Her words broke Keith’s heart.

“If I don’t take care of your little brother, Ethan can be a bigger mess.  I don’t mean to spend so much time with him kitten.  I still love you,” Keith tells his daughter, thinking that Amber is roughly the size of a newborn kitten.

“He shouldn’t be reading my mind, it isn’t right,” Amber tells her gigantic dad.

“No, he shouldn’t be reading your mind but he can’t help it.  It’s like walking; Ethan needs to learn how to control it.  Right now he can’t sweetheart because he’s still a baby.  Ethan doesn’t mean to,” Keith said kindly.

“It isn’t right Dad.  Ethan is my little brother but there is nothing little about him.  He doesn’t act like a baby either.  Babies as old as him don’t talk.  The babies at daycare never talked like Ethan.  He grows fast too.  Why are giants like that?” Amber’s sobs turned to curiosity.

Keith noticed that Ethan developed differently from his first two children.  Like all the born giants, Ethan seemed to be growing faster than an average human baby.  His infant son was as smart as a three year old despite the fact he couldn’t walk yet.  His speech was unbelievable and he recently began teething.  Sven told Keith not to worry about his son’s growth.  The giants suspect that as the generations come along, each one will be bigger and taller than the last as the giants advance much like with human civilization did before them.  The giants are still learning more about themselves.

“You will find out someday honey.  Ethan’s brain is bigger, that is why he can talk.  Giants grow just like you do.  You just notice it because you are so small,” Keith tried his best to answer.

“Will me and Kyle ever become giants?  I don’t know if I’m ready to be big,” Amber said.  The little girl leaned against her father’s fingers.  Keith never thought he would ever be able to hold his kids in the palm of his hand.

“Someday but till then, I’ll protect you and take care of you.  I will always love you and Kyle no matter what,” Keith said as he realized between taking care of Ethan and rumble room training, he had neglected his two older kids.  “Maybe I’ll see if Melinda or one of the other giantesses can come over and take care of Ethan.  How’s about you, Kyle and I spend a day together?  No baby brother, I promise,” Keith then said and Amber’s eye got real big as a smile formed on her face.

“That would be wonderful!” Amber exclaimed as she hugged Keith’s thumb.  “What’re we going to do? You can’t take us to the zoo or the park.  People don’t like giants much.”

“Where did you hear such a thing?” Keith asked, wondering how Amber knew this.

“Ethan told me one day when he was upset.  Why are people so afraid of giants?  I’m not afraid.  Ethan gets on my nerves and I say I don’t like him but I really don’t mean it.  I’m mad that mom can’t be here with us,” Amber tells her father.  Keith broke his own house rule momentarily to see that Amber has come to accept Ethan but she still blames him for Kathleen’s death.  Ethan sometimes had the bad habit of repeating thoughts he hears.  Keith made a mental note to talk to Kristy about this so that she may be more careful in the future.

Keith knew fatherhood wasn’t easy but for a giant over thirty feet tall, it was tough but well worth the rewards as he felt his daughter hug his thumb and kiss it.  Keith’s only wish is that his kids will turn out okay when they grow up and that they have long and fruitful lives.  Keith knew that soon the subject of Titan will come up and he hoped in his heart that his children will make the right decision. 

A New Day by nancyarcher

Sven looked over at his sleeping giantess.  Jane was the most beautiful woman Sven has ever laid eyes on.  He kissed her cheek as she stirred awake.

“My beautiful wife,” Sven whispers in her ear.  Jane wakes up with a smile.  She clutches her stomach as it lets out a growl and the smile quickly leaves her face.  The twins begin to cry.

“Sven, it feels like it’s happening again.  I thought I was finished but the sensations are back,” Jane tells her husband who quickly leaves the bed to get the three syringes he kept around for such an emergency but unlike Jane’s first growth, this sensation seemed stronger as the hunger ate at her stomach.  “Hurry Sven!” Jane yelled as she felt her legs and arms stretch.

“You need to administer it while I take care of the twins.  I knew this was too good to be true,” Sven said as he handed the syringe to Jane.  Her hand was almost the same size as his own.

“I hope it works,” Jane said as she felt constricted in her dress as the mid-section began to tear.  She took the needle and shoved it into her arm.

Sven quickly gave the twins their shots and a can of formula each.  No sooner than they were finished with the one drum, their cries demanded another and another.  Sven became worried as he felt the new weight of both his twins.  Sven looked closely at them to see that they have grown substantially.  He gaged them to be as close in size to the one year old Titans.  Then he worried about Jane as he realized the growth stopped.

“Janie, are you alright,” Sven said as he headed back to their bedroom.

“It stopped but I am so hungry,” Jane said in an almost moan.  Sven noticed that her voice seemed slightly louder than normal.

“You stay there.  I’ll go get you something to fill you up and then I want to weigh and measure you,” Sven said as he went to the shelves of shakes.  He grabbed three of the large steel barrels.

“My dress.  It ripped,” Jane moaned out again.  “My babies.”

Sven walked into the room to see Jane still lying on the bed, clutching her stomach.  Sven was startled to see that her feet were close to the end of the forty foot bed despite the fact that she was laying in the fetal position.  Her luminous red hair even seemed longer.  The dress that had been slightly baggy on her, it hugged her curves tightly and the dress had ripped in two from her surprise growth.  Sven opened up the shake and handed it to Jane.  Her hand seemed slightly bigger now, just as her legs seemed longer.

“Here, drink.  You’ll feel better,” Sven said as he tried to gage his wife’s new height.

“Sven, you are so good to me,” Jane said and drank the shakes which she drank in one large gulp.  Sven then helped Jane out of the bed and onto her new legs.  Jane stood up and up.  She no longer looked up at her husband but down.  Jane leaned against the wall while Sven got on his tiptoes to measure her.  Jane measured at forty-one and half feet.  Sven felt like a midget next to his wife.

“How do you feel Janie?” Sven said with a slight hint of accent.

“Big, very, very big,” Jane just said as tears began to fill her eyes.  Sven held her despite the awkward difference between the two as Jane cried.

Sven studied Jane and twin’s blood sample when word came through to the lab that some of the earlier evolutions had started to experience a new growth.  Sven found a new protein in the blood samples.  Despite the shot Sven administered to Jane and the twins Sven made a discovery that would surely shake the humans’ world.  Sven then studies the blood of Ethan Black and found the same protein.  Even his own blood had the protein as did all the giants’ blood had.  Sven then began to chart and study.  The shot that was to offsets Jane and the twin’s unusual growth only delayed the inevitable.  What was thought to be five times the size of their human selves turn out to be ten.  Sven had to call a meeting with all giants.

The giants of Gaea House and the surrounding area all piled into the hangar held for meetings.  Steven James and Alex Anderson made a decision that all giants must relocate back to Gaea House for the safety of the new race.  Keith Black’s children were more than happy to move back and Keith felt relieved to have his family protected.  All the humans working for Gaea House even moved in.  The news of the new growth needed to be kept secret for as long as possible.

Jane felt very uncomfortable as all the giants stared up at her forty-one and half foot frame.  She was grateful that the hangar had hundred foot ceilings so that she could still stand comfortably.  Alex and Emma Anderson seemed a little taller than the other giants too but not as big as Jane who was wearing a baggy Gaea House tee and track pants that looked more like high waters.

“You understand now why we all called you here,” Steve said as he got the giants attention.  Even Steve who was considered short for a male giant seemed taller than normal.  All the giants nodded.

“The shot I gave my wife is only delaying her growth.  It is a matter of time before it’ll wear off.  I estimate Jane to be over fifty feet tall.  We fear the humans’ reaction to this.  We are urging those who haven’t put their children through Titan to do so.  We must be prepared for war,” Sven said.

The giant known as Brad Hester stood up.  He was the only in the whole hangar close to Jane’s height.  Molly and Adam joined him.  “We mustn’t speak anymore,” Adam tells the crowd of giants and they all understood as everyone focused on telepathy.

As you all know, Gaea Foundation has formed secret armies around the world.  We are not planning a takeover so much as protecting our kind and human kind from their own follies.  With this new development in evolution the humans will uprise against us.  Operation Titan is beginning its next phase.  We are not looking to create a new world order but to bring down the humans spreading their venom.

Intelligence has come through that Calvin Harper is donating monies to the homes for the disabled.  He is recruiting the unevolved age group to join him.   As you all know, I was once in that disabled group.  Influence those first few months of evolution has everything to do with the people around you.  Calvin Harper who is only nine feet tall has put it upon himself to start his own army of titans.  What Calvin Harper doesn’t know is that with intelligence comes freedom.  He can’t totally control his army.  We will be there went that happens and we will help our brothers and sisters see the error of their ways.  Brad Hester’s thoughts lingered throughout the hangar as the giants all cheered.  Brad smiled.

Jane let out a moan as she doubled over on the floor.  Sven knew there was nothing he could do for her at this point.  Sven put his arm around her as he felt her shift under him.  Jane’s growth came on fast this time as her bones cracked and popped.  Sven felt her getting bigger and bigger as the other giants stared in disbelief.   Jane’s shirt became tight as it rose up on her hard flat stomach.  The legs of the already too high track pants began to rip at the bottom exposing Jane’s muscular calves.  Jane’s stomach growled with hunger while Sven demanded food.

Sven feed her the shakes just as Jane’s fast growth spurt stopped.  She felt embarrassed as her much smaller husband cared for her.  Jane barely had the strength to stand up but when she did all the giants looked to be the size of children.  Then Jane thought of her own children and the babies.  Elisabeth and Tomas are now the size of her other set of twins even though they are babies.  She was now the biggest giant on the face of the earth.  Jane began to cry.

Sven felt the strength of his wife.  There would be no giant to rival her size and strength but Jane didn’t like this and Sven knew this in his heart.  He hugged her as she leaned down.  Feet to Jane was now the measurement of inches.

“Is this going to happen to Ethan?” the giant known as Keith Black asked.

“Yes, but your son’s growth wasn’t suppressed and we’re not going to suppress it either,” Alex answered.

“I noticed he hasn’t been growing like the other babies.  Each day Ethan appears bigger and bigger,” Keith said.

“He’s growing steady.  This is why I wanted you all to come back.  We will not show ourselves to the humans until the time is right,” Alex said and the giants cheered.

New Titans by nancyarcher

Jane Lindquist stood fifty seven feet tall.  She was now the biggest giant on the planet.  Elisabeth and Tomas were now sixteen feet and three inches long, the same size as Jane’s other set of twins who happen to be five years of age.  Jane hated her new size as she stayed hidden in the hangar she shared with her husband.  Sven was so small to Jane despite the fact that he was one of the bigger giants.

“I hate this,” she tells Sven as she sewed herself some new clothes out of pieces of her older clothes.  Jane wore a makeshift bra and skirt as she sat on the floor of the hangar.  The furnishings and fixtures that were built to size were now small to the giantess.

“Jordan and Jess hate that Thomas and Elisabeth are now bigger than them.  I have the feeling that even Robby is afraid of me,” Jane confides in her husband.

“Janie, nobody is afraid of you.  We love you,” Sven said as he brought Jane shakes.  “It was only a matter of time.”

“Look at me Sven,” Jane began to sob.

“I am and I see the woman I love and the next phase in our evolution.  If it makes you feel any better Janie, my own clothes are starting to get small on me,” Sven said, trying to soothe his wife.

“But you are growing slow like the others,” Jane said.  Jane was always used of being protected and now she is the one strong enough to do the protecting.  Even the newborn twins were stronger than Jordan and Jessica.  Jane felt like a freak, even among her own kind.

“Now I know how you felt Janie,” Sven said as Jane put down her sewing.  Sven went to his wife.  Jane pulled him in with her long strong arms.  Sven sat on her lap while Jane stroked his thick golden hair.

“Now I know how you felt like too but I much rather have you holding me,” Jane said as she hugged her husband.  “I wish there was a way to make you grow faster,” Jane said and Sven laughed while Jane smiled.

“Sixty-six feet can’t come too soon for you, can it my goddess?” Sven said playfully.

“I want my big man back,” Jane said as she held her husband.  Sven kissed her cheek and took in the scent of his wife.

 

Keith Black was a hurried father these days despite the fact he was back living in his old hangar on the Gaea Campus.  Between rumble room practice and feeding his son’s appetite, Keith barely had time for his other two kids.  Baby Ethan is now the size of a five year old titan child measuring at seventeen feet even.  Ethan is also very intelligent and sensitive despite his new size.  Kyle and Amber took notice of this as well as the human children’s nanny.

“He’s huge dad,” Kyle tells Keith.  “Why is he so big?”

“The giants are evolving again.  Ethan is the new size,” Keith tells his son.  Keith decided that he was going to be honest with his kids.  Today was also the day his two children are going to see Steven James about going through with the red form.  Titan XL10 was a new test formula that was getting administered to the children.  The formula stimulated the new protein causing all the giants to evolve again.  Amber accepted Ethan and that he wasn’t the cause of Kathleen’s death.  Keith also knew that with the new formula, his children will be growing bigger than the first titans.  Keith had to be prepared to have two children with the potential to be much bigger than even him.

“Is that why we are going to see Steven James?  Are you going to ask Amber and me to become giants?”

“Only if you want to,” Keith answered his boy’s question.  “I am not going to force you or your sister.  It is all your decision.”

“Are you going grow again?” Kyle asked his father who gave him a smile.

“I have been.  All the giants have been,” Keith answered.

“Will we be big like Ethan?” Keith heard another small voice.  It was Amber.  She had been listening in on Keith conversation with her brother.

“Yes sweetheart, you will be,” Keith said, hiding his broken heart.  “You may even get bigger than me.”

Keith also knew that the new Titan formula stimulated constant growth.  His kids will grow into their new size in a matter of days instead of months.  They will become ten times the size of their current heights which meant that his five year old daughter will be much taller and even stronger than him.  Kyle and Amber will also be the first children to get the Titan XL10 shot.

“Is it scary growing big?” Amber asked Keith.

“At first it is but when you get used to being big it isn’t so bad,” Keith said.  He didn’t tell Kyle and Amber that as your body grew so did your mind and you can do extraordinary things. 

“Will I be happy?” Amber asked and Keith smiled.

“I am happy sweetheart.  Being a giant isn’t so bad,” Keith tells her as he picked her up in the palm of his hand.  Amber hugged his thumb.  This would be one of the last moments Keith could be able to hold his kids this way.

 

Steven James and Robin McAllister stood in the living room of Keith Black’s hangar.  Steven explained the risk to Keith and asked Kyle and Amber if this is what they truly wanted and both agreed.  Keith and the Gaea workers stocked his shelves full of the newly formulated shakes that the children have to drink.  The steel drums and thick plastic containers were much larger than the ones Keith currently drank from.  Even Ethan’s formula came in bigger containers.  Some of the other giants even worked on changing the scale of Keith’s hangar along with the Lindquist hangar. 

The large screen mounted to the wall reported the latest changes.  A tsunami hit the California coast while small earthquakes were getting reported on a daily basis.  Photos from NASA had been released of the slow expanding earth.  The humans scrabbled to find the answers the giants already knew.  The earth and mostly everything on it was growing.  Reports of large birds and other creatures were being reported as well.  The humans thought it was from radiation according to news reports.  They were even trying to get a few giants for study but couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary.  The giants waited all this out as planned.  A group of giant haters were starting splinter groups and warmongering but the Gaea giants refused to give in.  They waited for the humans to make the first move.

“This will only hurt a bit,” Robin McAllister tells Amber who was the first to get the Titan XL10 formula.  Amber cringed as the needle poked through her skin.  Robin told the girl it was a super vitamin.  It only took a minute for the sensation to start flowing through Amber’s small body.  Robin handed her the shake that she gulped down.  Kyle made Robin wait so he can see his sister grow.

“How does it feel?” Kyle asked his sister as her body seemed to slowly swell before his eyes.

“Like that feeling you get when your foot’s asleep.  I’m so hungry,” Amber responded.

“Keep drinking shakes,” Steve kindly tells the girl and she does as he says.

Kyle let an hour pass when he realized that his little sister was now looking down at him.  Everything about her was bigger.  Kyle couldn’t believe his eyes and Amber let out a playful giggle as the hem of her dress kept rising.

“I can’t let my little brother and sister be bigger than me,” Kyle proclaimed as Robin readied another syringe.   Kyle watched his growing sister while Robin stuck the second syringe into the seven year old.  Kyle didn’t realize Robin did this until the sensations began and the hunger gnawed away at his stomach.

“I’ll be back later to give them an IV,” Robin tells Keith.  “It is needed while they sleep.  It should take about three days for them to grow to their full size.”

“It’s only temporary Keith.  You’ll be big enough to take care of them before long,” Steve said as Keith notice the usually small  was now taller than him.  “It’s just taking us older giants a little longer to get there.”  Steve patted Keith on the shoulder and left Keith to be with his kids.

Amber playfully enjoyed throwing her new size around.  She stood a head taller than her brother as they both ran around the house.  Keith sighed in relief as did Kristy who had quietly watched the children get the injection.  Kristy King knew that her work was done at the Black’s hangar but she never expected that she would be dating a giant with three little ones.  Keith made it clear that he wanted Kristy to stay despite the fact he didn’t need her services as a live in nanny anymore.  Keith never expected to fall in love again.  Let alone to a woman who has yet to evolve and won’t for another eight years.

Secrets by nancyarcher

Like a good father, Keith Black kept constant watch over his evolving children.  He cringed at the sight of the IV needles being administered to his two titans.  All Kyle and Amber did was drink shakes when they were awake and get stuck with a large IV needle while they slept.  Keith worried about his kids but Kyle and Amber took it all in stride until the moment of truth came.

Kyle and Amber went through their final stages of evolution in their sleep.  Both kids were still looking up to their father before they went to bed that night but when they woke the next morning, Amber stood a few feet taller than her father while Kyle stood forty feet tall.  Keith felt like the little man of the house now as he looked up at his two titans.  Even giants like Sven Lindquist looked small next the new titans.  Kyle and Amber both knew that they were bigger and stronger than almost all the adult giant except for one.  They were also smarter too.  Kyle and Amber gave the giants of Gaea House a glimpse into their near future as not giants but titans.

Amber helped Keith with her little brother.  Both Amber and Kyle cared for Baby Ethan since Keith found the arrangement easier.  Ethan could be a strain on the giant.  Kyle and Amber seemed more than capable without a nanny or sitter but Kristy King still stayed at the Black’s hangar to keep an eye on them when Keith wasn’t around.  Kristy observed that the much larger giants were even more docile.  The rowdy Black children had changed. 

The two new giants kept mainly to themselves except when it came to caring for Ethan or whenever Keith talked about Jane Lindquist and her twins.  Kyle and Amber seemed genuinely interested in the Titans and her two bundles of joy.  Titans are the name of the new breed of giants.  They are ten times the size of humans with even much higher functions than the original giants.  The seven Titan’s kept secret their extraordinary abilities from the original giants.  The Gaea giants were unaware that the new titans possess every ability and every strength that all the smaller giants possess.  The titans believed in peace among all and felt the smaller giants lost sight of this.

The children seemed to change by the day.  The blood samples taken from the titan children proved that they were growing in more ways than one.  Sven Lindquist and Doctor Vincent Gunderson studied the children and found something startling.

“The children are developing and growing faster than even the orginals,” Sven tells the giant.  Vin scratched his head.  “Jane’s blood hasn’t changed but the children are getting … older.”

Vin looked through the microscope which was a modified telescope.  Vin’s brows knitted together.

“It makes sense.  Your children and Ethan Black have been developing much faster than the Titan 5 children.  Their growth and aging is much different.  Keith’s Titan 10 children are still growing despite the fact their evolution ended.  The speed of the aging shows that we will be having six titan adults to hide instead of one,” Vin said as he looked into the microscope.

“What about Jane and all of us that have recently started growing again?” Sven asked.

“Jane’s blood seems different.  I will have to study it some more but I suspect that Jane has stopped aging all together,” Vin said as he looked up from the makeshift microscope.  Something was on Sven’s mind by the way the giant stood there.  Vin could see that it wasn’t Jane’s aging that concerned him.  “What’s wrong Sven?” Vin then asked the giant.

“It’s Jane, she’s different now.  It’s not just how big she is either.  I’ve noticed a change in her.  She wants me to take her and the twins to see Keith’s kids.  She won’t tell me why, just that she needs to see them.  She is more than large enough to overpower me but she doesn’t.  She spends most of her time with the twins instead of with the other children.  Elisabeth and Tomas even act strange.  Jane doesn’t even spend much time with me.  Sometimes I wonder if this is how the humans felt about us,” Sven confided in his fellow doctor.

“I’m sure she feels more comfortable around the twins.  She probably wants to see Keith kids for the same reasons.  Maybe we should look into moving the titans into a different hangar.  I know Jane is too tall for the clinic doors.  I’ll talk to Keith and see what he thinks.  Moving the titans into one spot might not be a bad idea,” Vin tells his friend.  “The years of growing up is going to happen in a matter of months for the children anyway.  It’ll be easier to hide the titans.”

 

Months did pass and the giants continued to grow but the Lindquist twins and Keith Black’s children were the biggest surprise of all.   Little Ethan Black was now a sixty-two foot titan and his older brother Kyle stood at sixty-four feet.  Elisabeth Lindquist stood sixty feet and Tomas at sixty-seven feet.  Amber stood fifty-eight feet tall.  All the children titans were now adults and the biggest secret Gaea House had.  Jane Lindquist played house mother to the titans.  She was the oldest and only adult titan until the children came into their own.  To the casual onlooker, the titans barely spoke a word but to the telepathic there was a lot of chatting.  The titans didn’t speak unless there was something truly important to say.  Needless to say, this took a strain on Sven and Jane’s relationship.

Jane barely spoke to her husband these days, whether it is vocal or telepathic.  The twins would only tell him that they loved him but other than that the twins pretty much stayed to themselves too.  The titans proved to be different from their smaller counterparts.  The titans didn’t mean to separate themselves from the giants; it was just that they didn’t fully agree with the giants.  To the titans the giants were not as peaceful or calm.  They were like anxious children to the titans but the titans understood the secrecy.  The mouse sized humans would definitely war with the giants if they knew about the titans.

“I wish you would talk to me Janie,” Sven said as he looked up at his wife.  “I wonder if you and the others have lost your capabilities to speak.” Jane bent down and kissed Sven’s forehead and smiled.

I speak.  It is just that my voice is so loud.  I love you.  Jane’s thoughts flooded Sven’s mind as she still smiled at him.  She messed his hair and let out a silent giggle.

“I have yet to hear my full grown kids speak and I don’t mean telepathic either.  Janie, I miss your voice and your stubbornness.  I miss my old Jane,” Sven said with his accent escaping.  Jane’s smile turned to concern.

I’m still here.  I miss the way you used to hold me but Sven can’t you see, I am different now.  I can’t wait till you can join me.  You’ll see that being a titan is much more different than being a giant.  I could see clearly as a giant but as a titan I see so much more.

“Oh Janie, I wish I could.  If there was a way for me to become a titan, I would.  Our children never got to be children.  I feel bad for them,” Sven said, fighting with his accent and the tears.

They don’t mind.  They both take after you.  Elisabeth and Tomas have your heart and kindness as well as your looks.  Jane’s thoughts came through.  It was true.  Both children turned out to be blond with Sven’s blue eyes.  Tomas is the spitting image of his father but on a bigger scale.  Elisabeth had Jane’s delicate nose and full lips.  They love you too.

Jane and the other titans shared a secure hangar that went underground.  The titans barely got to go outside and if they did it was supervised.  The hangar felt like a necessary prison for the six titans.  Gaea House was extremely careful in handling the titans.  The titans were aware of the humans breeching the campus security and the military flying overhead but the titans decided it would be best to let the giants handle this.  Their only option was to sit and wait.

 

Calvin Harper came forth with his condition.  The public couldn’t believe the sight of the nine foot tycoon.  Calvin milked it for what it was worth.  His goal: to bring down The Gaea Foundation and the giants for good.  He came forth to the unevolved public about Titan XL5.  Backlash against the giants flooded the human community.  The days of Gaea House were numbered.

Protesters began flooding the Gaea Houses worldwide.  The people demanded the giants come out since all the giants went into hiding months earlier.  Even the president of the United States and leaders of various countries began questioning the giants and their motives.  The titans just waited but their number had expanded to seven after the giantess Emma Anderson came into her own.  She insisted she be put with the other titans but never told her husband Alex why.  The giants were getting irritated by the titans’ secrecy but knew they couldn’t quite fight people twice their size.

“Has it always been like this with you and Jane?” Alex asked Sven as he held his daughter.

“Ever since she grew into a titan.  She acted like herself for about a week but then she began to change much like the twins.  They are very quiet and secretive,” Sven tells Alex who knew that soon he would be joining the titans.

“Emma quit talking other than if she is taking care of Phoebe.  It’s strange,” Alex said as he had to look down at Sven.  Alex was on the verge of titanhood.

“There is something truly strange going on with our large friends.  The children stopped aging.  They look to be in their mid-twenties.  I was hoping to have time to enjoy my twins but it never happened.  Elisabeth and Ethan seemed to be a couple but they never tell me anything.  It’s just the way he glances at my daughter.  They haven’t shown any abilities either other than Jane reformulating the shakes and growing a garden of vegetation that puts the Gaea House gardens to shame,” Sven said.

“The humans are restless.  Calvin Harper changed his game plan.  The little ones still outnumber us and their hatred of us is growing stronger.  Even some of the Gaea staff is turning on us.  I have shelters being built for any new titans at the other houses but war looks like it’s upon us.  Our small bands of aggressors are at the ready.  I don’t want this but it’s going to happen.  The president has sent out military orders.  We need to be careful of the innocent if it comes down to it,” Alex said and an explosion erupted.

Changes by nancyarcher

“Those bastards had bombs,” Aaron said as he extinguished the flames coming out of the human dormitory.  Adam, Molly and Anne were helping some of the human workers out of the building.

“Sven!  Need you over here,” Keith yelled as he found five of the humans on the ground struggling for their lives.  One of the workers was Robin McAllister.   The kindly human moved her family to Gaea House months ago when all the giants went into hiding.  She felt that none of her family was safe since she had strong connections to the giants.

As soon as we clean up, I need all the aggressors to the rumble room immediately.  This looks like military. Adam’s voice flooded all the giants’ thoughts.  Anne, Molly and Aaron nodded.  Aaron was an in-between like Molly and Adam but his gift with the animals could be used tactfully so Adam and Molly recruited the shy farmer as an addition to their small band of giants.

Sven held his hand over each human, taking care of the bad ones first.  Robin McAllister was the first to receive Sven’s healing touch since her breath was shallow.  She woke up in a daze but the broken bones had been mended and the burns healed.  She watched in awe as Sven took care of each injured person.

Molly pulled out a little girl that was barely breathing and Sven preformed his magic on the child.  Anne looked toward the fence at the military vehicles.  She felt heat rising in her hands.  “Those dumbasses could’ve killed somebody,” Anne growled.  Sven eyed the blue flames coming from his adopted daughter’s hands.  He quickly rushed to her after taking care of the last injured human.

“Annie don’t!” Sven shouted but it was too late.  Anne shot out a fireball that hit one of the trucks causing it to explode.  Sven took his daughter by the shoulders.  “You shouldn’t have done that Annie!  Now they know!  We need to get everybody underground!” Sven shouted and sent out a mental message to all the giants. 

The soldiers’ jaws dropped when the adolescent giantess shot a fireball out of thin air at one of the convoys.  The commander of the soldiers observed the giants before making a tactical plan. 

“Sir, they have no weapons.  The cameras caught the pictures of flames coming from the giantess’s hands.  We estimate her to be around thirty feet tall.  We went through public records and according to our findings; Anne Lewis age eleven is decreased; cause leukemia.  The big guy that jumped in front of her is a Sven Lindquist of Stockholm, deported on drug smuggling but the courts found him not guilty.  Guess he never made it back to Sweden?  Cameras caught a strange light coming from his hands.  Seems he was healing people?” the soldier tells his commander.

“Interesting development Garrett.  Tell me more if you find out anything else,” the commander tells the young fresh faced soldier.

“One more thing sir.  We have reason to believe that the giants have gotten bigger since they’ve went into hiding six months ago.  The biggest recorded giant is thirty five feet tall.  The girl throwing the fireball was thirty and the big guy we estimate to be well over fifty feet.  How is that possible sir?”

“The giants are keeping secrets private and we’re going to find out what those secrets are,” the commanders watched as the giant fled the hangars.  The ground shook with each giant’s stride.  The girl with the fireball glared towards the convoy before she followed the other giants carrying humans as they fled.

“Are we going to follow them sir?” the soldier asked.

“Negative, those things can easily outrun the fastest vehicle we got.  We’ll have to rely to the Air Force now,” the commander said as he watched the giants all flee.  Some carried humans while other had children.  “Christ Almighty what have they done,” the commander mutters.

 

Sven Lindquist took his daughter Anne by the hand and fled to the underground bunker.  The other giants and humans ran for the mountains to a secret bolt hole the giants have been working on.  Someone had to stay behind and inform the titans.  Alex Anderson joined the Swede as they climbed down into the bunker, shutting the heavy steel door overhead.  The bunker was created only for giants’ access.  No humans were allowed near the titans.

Sven ran to Jane who bent down to hug both him and Anne.  Both of Jane’s giants were growing into titans.  “It is war out there,” Sven tells Jane.  Jane just kisses his forehead.

It’s okay sweetheart.  This will only hurt for a minute. Jane cryptically tells Sven.  Sven looks up at the Titaness as Jane just wears a smile.  She grabs Sven while Elisabeth grabs Anne.  Flames erupted from the giantess’s hands as she fought her baby sister who was now an adult titan.  Tomas held a large drum while Jane and Elisabeth overpowered the two giants.  We’ve found a way to make you see.  Were the last words Sven and Anne heard before being feed the liquid and passing out?

 

Sven woke up to his mind clattering with several voices.  He lets out a groan and realizes he is laying on a cement floor next the Anne who looked different.  “Sir, we found some people in what looks like birdcages suspending from the ceiling.  One of them is the missing Harper boy,” Sven heard the faint sounds of the humans overhead.  Sven heard the noise of large cranes and machinery.  It took Sven a moment to realize where he was.  He was in the underground titan bunker but the space was designed to keep noises out.  Why was he hearing everything going on overhead?

“You’re one of us now,” Sven heard the familiar voice of his wife.  “I found a way to exhilarate a giant’s growth.  You and Anne have only been sleeping for an hour.  You, Alex and Annie are now titans.”

Jane smiled at her husband as he sat up.  Sven held his head.  “The noise.  I hear humans,” Sven moaned.

“Oh yes, we have been hearing them for days.  Curious little creatures if you ask me, much like giants.  You’ll get used to it,” Jane said as she knelt down in front of her husband.  Jane wore a makeshift bikini while Sven realized he only had on a pair of shorts.  He looked over at Anne who was still asleep and noticed that she no longer looked like an eleven year old.  Her body filled out the makeshift bikini.  “It’ll take a while for Anne to join us.  She is still becoming a woman.  I created a formula that causes growth during sleep and takes the hunger away,” Jane then tells Sven.  Sven noticed that Anne’s legs and arms had lengthened and still are.  Then Sven felt a strange sensation as he realized he possessed all the knowledge of man and then some.  He could not just heal but do many other things that the giants could do but as a titan he could master all of them.  Jane’s smile widened when she realized that Sven had grown into a true titan.  No titan was better than the other.   Titans were all the same, perfect in every way.

Sven stood up while Jane held him.  Sven realized that he stood sixty-six feet tall.  He looked down at Jane and held her in his embrace.  Elisabeth and Tomas came into the room.  Sven hugged both of his kids.  Elisabeth was statuesque and beautiful.  Tomas was the spitting image of Sven.  Then Sven thought of Jane’s other kids.  Robby, Jordan and Jessica had to be safe.  Sven wasn’t just concerned about the kids but all the other giants as well.

Anne finally stirred awake.  She looked down and noticed she had boobs.  Then she noticed the curve of her body that wasn’t there before.  Then Anne looked up and noticed Sven, Jane and the twins.  They all smiled down at Anne.  Sven held out his hand to help the girl up.  As Anne stood she noticed that she was now taller than Jane but not as tall as Elisabeth.

“I am a titan,” Anne said and noticed her voice sounded different.  It sounded like a woman’s voice.  Anne found a piece of polished steel and looked at her bikini clad body.  Anne developed fast.  Her face looked like her deceased mother’s.  Tears fell from her eyes as she took notice.  The titans all gave her a hug.

Escape by nancyarcher

“Where’s Alex?” Sven asks his titan wife who seems to have taken over the role of leader among the group of large giants that Sven has become a part of.

“He’s with Emma and Phoebe.  Phoebe is still growing.  It didn’t take long for Alex to titan up.  He woke up shortly before you did,” Jane tells her husband, grateful to fit in his arms once again.

“Phoebe is turning into a titan?” Sven said in disbelief.

“Emma feed her the formula shortly before the bombing.  Last time I checked, she looked to be five human years old.  She is growing into quite a beauty,” Jane said with a smile.  Sven felt something was wrong with Jane.  She never brought up Mike or the kids.  She appeared like she could care less about them.  Sven worried despite his new titan status.  Elisabeth and Tomas appeared to be equally as uncaring.  Even though Mike is Jane’s ex, Sven still considered him family.  In fact, Sven considered all the giants his family.

“Janie, aren’t you worried about your other children?  I know you can feel them and read their thoughts, but aren’t you in the least bit worried?” Sven asked his wife and Jane turned away in shame.  She had been too busy enjoying the peacefulness of being a titan the she forgot about those important to her.  “You were like them once,” Sven then said, not just referring to the giants but the humans as well.

“I don’t remember papa,” Elisabeth says.  “I only really remember being a titan.”

“Me too,” Tomas responded.  “From reading the others thoughts, I wish I could have been a child.”

Sven looked up at his son and then at his daughter.  They were perfect and flawless in every way.  Elisabeth and Tomas never experienced life the way most adults have.  They never so much as experienced a paper cut or scrap their knees.  The poor adult titans at that moment weren’t two adults but two children hidden in adult bodies.  Sven wanted to cry for them.  Sven didn’t feel it was right at how quickly the titans had to grow up even though the titans were pretty much immortal.

“I am having feelings for Ethan,” Elisabeth shared with her father.  “I don’t quite understand it.”

Experience had made the infants that evolved into titans almost mechanical Sven thought until he heard his daughter’s confession.  Sven put his arm around his daughter.  Elisabeth returned his hug and that was when Sven realized they understood the love of a parent.

“You are attracted to Ethan sweetheart.  It is a very adult emotion.  You may be knowledgeable on a lot of things but experience is the best teacher.  Your emotions for Ethan are very natural.  You may have understood it more if you had the chance to grow up normal,” Sven explains to his daughter.

Jane turned away in shame again.  Sven saw this and went to his wife.  “I raised them to be robots,” Jane whispers.  “I raised our twins to be robots.  I have been telling the others that we are not like them and that we should never interfere.  I have been pushing my past away in hopes of raising two perfect adults but they are not perfect, they are robots,” Jane sobbed as Sven held her close.

 

Ethan Black watched as Alex and Emma Anderson held the hands of their daughter who looked like a sleeping cherub.  Both the titans had tears in their eyes as they watched their once infant daughter grow and age before their eyes.  Phoebe was unaware of the growing and shifting going on in her body as her bones could be heard cracking and changing.  Ethan didn’t agree with Jane’s idea of making the infant into a titan but Jane was leading the group of titans.  He looked on at the heartbreaking scene.

Ethan thought he was lucky to have been awake through his growing process.  His father Keith would come to see him every day.  Keith made sure Kyle and Amber were there as well.  Ethan enjoyed these visits.  Sometimes they would even stay the night with the growing boy.  Ethan loved his human siblings.  By the time Ethan took on the physical presence of a five year old, he was already bigger and stronger than his father but this didn’t stop Keith from loving him.  Even Amber started getting nicer to him and it wasn’t because of his size.  Both Kyle and Amber accepted Ethan as a sibling despite his enormous size and Ethan always treated them with a gentle hand.

Ethan was an adult and he showed his concern to his father when Keith decided it was time for Kyle and Amber to join the ranks of the giants.  Ethan knew from his father’s thoughts that Kyle and Amber were going to be the first to receive the new titan shot, little did anyone know that they would be the last.  Ethan wanted his brother and sister to evolve but he didn’t think it was right robbing them of the childhood that he lacked.  Ethan’s happiest days were the days he spent being a kid.  He hated that he had to grow up so quickly but Keith and his siblings were there to show him love.

 Ethan enjoyed the human stories his father and his siblings shared with him. Most of all, Ethan wished he could’ve met his mother.  Ethan loved the stories about Kathleen most of all.  Some nights he would lay on the hard cement floor dreaming about her.  On occasion he went against his father’s no telepathy rule and fish out the memories of her from both Keith and his siblings.  Sometime that was all Ethan had to keep him from becoming like the twins.

Elisabeth Lindquist was all Ethan would think about when he wasn’t thinking of his family.  Elisabeth was the most beautiful creature Ethan had even known.  She was a statuesque ice princess that stole Ethan’s heart but Elisabeth wasn’t raised with warmth and kindness like Ethan was.  Elisabeth was raised by Jane to be a titan and nothing else.  She rarely showed emotion except when Ethan was near.  Elisabeth and her brother Tomas never spoke loudly to what they referred to as the little people.  Even Jane never used her own voice to speak to her husband that Ethan found the behavior to be both cold and odd.

“Oh Alex, Jane told me it would be for the best.  She said this is the only way we could raise our numbers,” Ethan heard Emma say to her husband.

“Our little girl,” Alex chocked out as he nuzzled Phoebe’s growing hand.  “I was hoping to have time to enjoy my sweet little girl.”

“I’m sorry Alex.  She convinced me that this would be our best option.  I should’ve spoke up,” Emma sobbed.

“I should’ve spoke up too,” Ethan whispers to himself as he watched the weeping titans.  Ethan then came up with an idea.  He was going to go to the surface to find the others.

 

Ethan packed a parachute with as many barrels of the new formula he could.  He decided that as soon as there was distance between him and the hangar he will contact his siblings.  Kyle and Amber didn’t agree with Jane’s fanatical ways either but they also felt they had to respect their elder.  Ethan knew Keith was safe but he wanted to see his father more than anything right now.  Even though Ethan had the knowledge of the world in his brain, his father could always teach him something new.

Ethan went to the automatic door; it was like one of those doors used in a missile silo.  The underground bunker was a hundred feet from ceiling to floor and the ladders were made to fit someone half Ethan’s size.  Ethan then remembered where the cargo elevator was.  The elevator was made to withstand heavy loads.  Ethan could see the he could easily use it.  It must’ve been made to also withstand a titan’s weight and lofty frame.  Ethan had one problem.  He hoped upon all hope that the other titans were distracted enough for him to make his escape.  He knew the others would hear the motors and mechanisms.  Ethan took his chances.

Any humans waiting topside got a few moments of their life erased thanks to a titan who remembered he possessed many talents.  Ethan moved at speeds that the various cameras couldn’t catch.  He easily stepped over the twelve foot chain link fence bordering the Gaea House property and swiftly made his way to the mountains.

Ethan had to stop momentarily when the flash of strong visions hit him.  It was of a miniature giant, the bitter tycoon Calvin Harper.  Ethan found out the evil man’s plot.  Calvin Harper wasn’t out to destroy the giants; he was working on gaining control of them.  Calvin had a recently evolved mentally disabled woman under his control by the invention of a collar.  The collar was made to fit a giant up to forty feet tall and made the giant subservient to Calvin’s every whim.  Ethan then caught sight of an army of innocent giants all under the sadistic tycoon’s control.  Calvin Harper was out to destroy humanity and control the giants.  Calvin Harper wasn’t aware of the new breed, the titans.  Ethan needed to make it to the bolt hole more than ever as he picked up his speed with the ground shaking with each step.

 

 

 

Misson by nancyarcher

Ethan had to be careful so that no one in the air can spot him.  Ethan didn’t like that the giants weren’t being honest with what he called the original race.  Ethan didn’t see the humans as all bad just misunderstood in the giants’ eyes.  Ethan knew how to be swift and careful since he was as tall if not taller than most of the trees.  His large form moved gracefully up the hard terrain.  The giants built the bolt hole where humans dare not go because of the steepness of the area.  Even the most experienced rock climber would think twice.  Before Ethan made it to this part of the mountain he heard the cries of a woman in the wilderness.

Cara Sweeney and her boyfriend Jason Harrison decided it would be best to flee from the populated area and to the mountains where Cara’s deceased father had left her a cabin.  The two twenty-five year olds were neither for nor against the giants or their own race for that matter.  The two just wanted to live in peace and away from madness of the military occupied town.  Cara and Jason even invited friends along and they all agreed.  Everyone decided it was best they live off the land as much as possible.  The group of young men and women loaded whatever can goods and survival gear into their cars and trucks to move to the peace of the mountains.

Cara cried as she knelt above her boyfriend.  A tree had fallen on top of Jason during one of the many quakes that have recently hit the area.  The night before Cara and Jason woke up to small shudders but little did they know that they were the steps of a titan.  Jason hit his head on a rock leaving him unconscious.  Cara had been a trained nurse felt her sweetheart’s heart slipping.  She knew in her heart that there wasn’t another soul for miles.

Ethan heard the woman’s cries.  He knew that he must move on but his heart told him that he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he ignored the cries.  He moved carefully in the direction of the cries.  Ethan knew that the humans had never seen a giant as big as him.  Full grown adult humans can easily fit in the palm of his hand.  Kyle and Amber used to sit on one of his hands and have plenty of room left right after Ethan grew up into an adult titan.

Cara cradled Jason’s head.  She knew that all she could do now was make him as comfortable as possible.  She felt the ground give off small trembles but she didn’t care.  Cara was determined to stay with Jason till the very end.  She was not aware of the sympathetic blue eyes watching her from high up.  Ethan wasn’t completely sure how he was going to approach the human.

Ethan got down on his hands and knees.  The titan tried to make himself small but knew he was failing on this task.  Ethan wasn’t sure if he should speak or just help the human.  He didn’t have time to debate this matter because the tiny man under the fallen tree was slipping away fast.  Ethan didn’t want to startle the tiny woman either but he had no choice as he moved closer to the clearing.

Cara let out a scream when she saw fingers as large as tree trunks gently pick up the tree off of Jason.  She stood there froze as she looked up at the face of a blue-eyed giant that looked to be her age.  His raven hair pulled loosely back with what looked to be thick rope.  He was majority nude expect for a pair of blue shorts with the Gaea House logo on the leg.  The giant was the biggest of any she had ever seen.  Of course that was before all the giants just abruptly disappeared.  No one knows what happened to them until the Gaea House was bombed by the military.  The military released videotape of some giants that were well above thirty-five feet.  This one made those giants seem small in comparison.  Cara thought better than to try and flee.

She watched as the giant carefully slid his hand under Jason’s limp body.  Cara then looked to the giant to see that he was on his hand and knees.  The giant gently cradled Jason on the palm of his hand.  Cara gasped when the giant took his other free hand and gently laid it on top of Jason.

“Look away.  This might be too bright for your eyes,” the giant whispered but to Cara it sounded like a normal tone of voice.  Cara not being the fool did as the oversize giant told her.

Bright light bathed Jason’s weak and dying body.  Jason moaned as he felt like he was enclosed in his own coffin.  Jason had felt the unusual smooth surface.  His eyes flicked open for a moment when he realized he was in some sort of pink shell.  Jason’s heart raced at the thought of being in an enclosed space but the light seemed to calm his nerves and unease.  Then Jason remembered walking through the woods with Cara.  He began to wonder how he got to this strange place when the ceiling moved away.  Jason was then staring up at the sky when an enormous face came into view.  Jason shuddered as he moved back in fear.  Jason realized he couldn’t move any further when he bumped into a row of fingers.

The handsome face frowned down at the small man.  It wasn’t just a frown but a look of hurt.  Just then Jason realized that the enormous giant saved his life.  Jason began to feel bad.  Jason knew from the pamphlets at his job that the giant wouldn’t harm him.  Jason had worked at Spartan Falls social services two days ago until he decided to up and resign.  He had to go through an evolution training course for the new laws the government was trying to pass.

The giant was enormous to even Jason who had many tours of Gaea House.  Jason estimated this giant to be twice the size as noted by the enormous hand Jason was presently sitting on.  The giant managed a small but sad smile while Jason calmed his nerves down enough to return it.

“Y-Y-You saved my life,” Jason finally said in a loud tone.  Jason last remembered the tree falling on him but not much else.  The giant gave a small nod.

“You have no need to yell.  I can hear you perfectly well,” Ethan whispered out.

“Thank you,” Jason said in his normal tone and Ethan’s smile widened.

“You were dying,” Cara sobbed.  Ethan kept his hand low to the ground so that the other human could be near her partner.  Ethan understood bonding more than any of the newborn titans.  Ethan spent the few months of his life growing up bonding with his family.  Keith made sure Ethan understood love.

Jason turned around to see Cara standing close to the giant’s hand.  She had given up on Jason until this enormous creature showed up and healed her boyfriend.  Tears filled Cara’s brown eyes.  Jason moved across the giant palm to see that he was close enough to the ground to jump off.  Ethan wasn’t going to stop the human man from doing so.  He understood the tiny man’s urgency to be with his loved one.

“You were dying until…,” Cara said as she looked up at Ethan who smiled warmly.  “What’s your name giant?”

“Ethan,” the titan whispered.  “I am not a giant.  I am a titan.”

“Titan?  That must be because of your size.  We have never seen a giant so huge before,” Cara said as she returned Ethan’s smile.  “Thank you Ethan.  My name is Cara and the man you saved is named Jason.  We promise not to tell anybody about you.”

“Thank you,” Ethan whispered.  “There is a favor you can do for me.”

“A favor?  Anything friend,” Jason said.  Ethan made both the humans feel cold because of his lack of clothes but they understood.  Cara admired the perfection of Ethan’s body.  His face looked like paintings of Vikings with his strong cleft chin and sky blue eyes.

“If you have a vehicle, I would like you to go and tell as many humans as you can to flee to the mountains.  War is on the horizon and I want as many lives as possible spared if not all.  I will return with others like myself and we will protect the mountains.  It is not safe,” Ethan whispers down the two humans who nod.

“Consider it done,” Jason said as he patted Ethan’s hand.  Ethan smiled down warmly and wished his new friends farewell.

 

Ethan made it up the very steep rock formation in no time.  The titan’s ability came by instinct.  He mentally sent out a message to his siblings who were worried by his disappearance.  I am safe.  I’m at the entry of the bolt hole.  Ethan sent out.

Thank heavens you’re safe Ethan.  We’ve been hiding your disappearance the best we can.  Sven finally talked some sense into Jane.  He has taken over as our leader.  Phoebe now looks to be about thirteen.  Alex and Emma refuse to leave her side.  Amber voice sounded in Ethan’s thoughts.

Tell Sven that I’m at the bolt hole.  I have taken some of Jane’s formula with me.  I’m going to see if I can recruit a few more titans.  This nonsense needs to end.  Ethan sent out.

I couldn’t agree more.  Ethan heard the voice of Sven.  What is going on topside?

Some of the humans are starting to flee the cities.  Seems Calvin Harper wants genocide of the human race.  We can’t allow that.  I have befriended some humans that are going to help evacuate.  They gave me their word not to tell.  I saved a man’s life.  Ethan transmitted out.

It’s nice to have some friends.  Make the recruits volunteer.  I don’t want the giants to feel forced.  We are doing damage control with Alex and Emma.  Jane is coming around.  Keep in touch if any new developments come along.  Sven thoughts came through to Ethan loud and clear.

Birth of Titans by nancyarcher

Ethan was so happy to see that his father and the giants all made it out in one piece.  All the humans working at Gaea House made it out too thanks to the giants.  The underground natural cave was spacious and large.  The giants worked hard at making it a sanctuary with all the stuff they had at the campus.

“We destroyed both the titan formulas.  We destroyed the notes and everything.  The humans with us will stay human unless Mother Nature has other plans.  We can’t risk the military getting their hands on it,” Steven James tells the titan.

Ethan stood taller than all the giants, even his own father.  Ethan knew that he was made superior to the other giants but he still considered himself as their equal despite the fact that they were the size of growing children to him.  Ethan felt he was equal to both the giants and the humans.

“I have brought a formula of my own but I don’t want you reproducing it.  Jane created it.  It is to be taken orally and it is made to speed a giants’ evolution into titans.  I have only brought enough to evolve a few giants.  We need to raise our numbers quickly,” Ethan tells the small giant.  Steve just looks up at the titan.  Ethan knew the giants didn’t completely trust his kind all because of Jane’s fanatical ways.  Jane felt that the titans were a much more superior race.  The titans truly were but the others didn’t feel that they should throw it around. 

“A new formula for our kind?  Interesting,” Steve said.

“I will only take volunteers.  Jane feed it to Sven, Alex and Anne against their will.  Emma feed it to Phoebe who is still evolving.  It will take her longer since she is a child, which leads me to another thing.  I refuse to give this to any child.  It causes the subject to sleep while the growth happens.  There will be no ravenous side effects but they will require a very large space so their bodies can grow,” Ethan explains.

“Sven and Alex are titans now?  It was only a matter of days for Alex but not for Sven,” was all Steve could say.

“I’ll volunteer,” Keith responded since he silently stood there, listening in.  A smile formed on Ethan’s lips, grateful to have his father on board.  “That way I can be with my kids,” Keith then said as he looked up and returned Ethan’s smile.

“Count me on board,” Allison Hayes said.  “It’s not often I’m not considered a runt.”

“If she’s going, then I am too,” Bradley Hester chimed in.

“Count us in too,” Molly and Adam said as they held each other’s hand.

“I’ll do it,” Aaron said, thinking of his wife and children at the same time.  Sally always backed her husband’s decisions and the look in her eyes told him that he will be doing the right thing.

“The kids and I will stay behind if only for a little while,” Sally said as she kissed her husband’s cheek.  Aaron took her hand and squeezed it gently.  “Go show the world what you’re made of,” Sally whispered in his ear.  Sally supported her husband in every way.  She knew that Aaron joining Gaea Foundations secret army gave her husband self-confidence and Aaron liked working for the greater good.

“What about me?” Cody said and Ethan’s smile faded.  He bent down to be level with the teenage giant.

“No Cody, you are too young,” Ethan tells the boy feeling like a hypocrite.  Ethan Black is a little over a year old despite the fact that he looks and acts like a twenty-five year old man.  “I had my youth robbed from me and I’m not about to take someone else’s away.  Besides I have all the giants I need.  I want you to enjoy being young, it’s not easy having to grow up fast.”  Ethan looked down at the young giant with warm smile.  Ethan barely remembered that month of his life when he was Cody’s age.

“I know of the perfect place we can do this,” Steve said as he led Ethan and the other giants further into the cave to a hundred foot tall cavern that was several hundred feet wide.  Ethan asked all the giants to undress while Steve went to get some titan garments.  Each of the giants picked out what they were going to wear after they grew while Ethan unloaded the parachute.  The men wore white and blue shorts while the women would be wearing blue and white bikinis with the Gaea House logo on them.   The drums the formula was in, barrels no bigger than shot glasses to the titan.  Ethan gave each giant a drum that looked like regular drinking glasses to the giants.  He gave Keith his last.

The naked giants all gave themselves some distance to accommodate their expanding bodies.  Ethan stayed at his father’s side.  Each giant held up their drum in a toast before guzzling down the pungent fluid.  Some of them made faces before passing out.

Steve and Ethan stayed in the cavern and watched as the giant evolved into titans right before their eyes.  Allison lays on her side in the peaceful coma.  Allison was completely unaware as her body grew larger than that of her boyfriend Brad.  She was the first to wake.  Allison heard a clutter of voices swimming through her head.  Her body and thoughts felt different.  Allison felt heat rising from her hands as she looked down at the blue flame riding up her wrist.

“I’m a pyro now,” Allison muttered in her shock.  The voices still clattered as she winched and the fire extinguished as she quickly held her head.  “The voices are so loud.”

Ethan went to Allison’s side while Steve watched.  “How do you feel?  The voices will calm once you gain control.  You are not just a pyro Ally.  You have acquired all the abilities the giants possess and new ones that only titans possess.”

“I feel powerful and smart.  I feel like I can do anything,” Allison said as she looked up at the titan.  Ethan smiled at the new titaness.  He held out his hand to help her up.  Allison couldn’t believe how small everyone looked expect for Ethan who still towered over the fifty-three foot titaness.  Ethan picked up the bikini and urged Allison to dress which she did.

Allison looked down at her powerful new body.  Giants were muscular creatures but not as defined as the titans.  “I went from having two percent body fat to zero,” Allison said as she looked down at her sculpted stomach.  “I take that back.  All my body fat went into my boobs,” Allison then said as she noticed her larger than average chest.  Steve and Ethan both laughed.  “Watch it little man,” Allison said as she reached down and ruffled Steve’s blood red hair.

Next the moans of Adam and Molly could be heard.  Both giants originally evolved at the same time and so they would titan up together.  Both the new titans held heads in their hands as they got used to the noise.

“Call me little man all you want Ally.  I’ll catch up with you one of these days.  You’ll still be small for a titan,” Steve tells the very large giantess.

“Don’t be a buzzkill Stevie.  I still have size on my side till then,” Allison joked with her old colleague.

“It’s nice to know that you haven’t grown out of your humor Ally,” Steve said with a smile.

Allison and Ethan went over to the two waking titans.  Adam and Molly put on their new titan uniforms.  Molly was now a fifty-six foot titaness and Adam stood at sixty-one feet tall.   Both of them noticed the improvements to their bodies both physically and mentally.  Adam hugged Molly and kissed her lovingly.

“Aaron, you okay?” Sally Smith said to her newly titan husband.  Aaron felt the same rush the others felt.  Sally stood slightly taller than her sitting husband.  Sally wore a worried look on her face as she put her arm around her husband the best she could.  Aaron moaned as the rush of voices hit his brain.  As soon as he had control, he looked at his small wife and smiled.  Sally held the shorts and handed them to Aaron.  Aaron stood up and Sally’s eyes widened.  Just as the women are now well endowed in the chest, Aaron and the other men happened to be well endowed elsewhere.  He let out a laugh when he noticed the look on Sally’s face and thoughts swimming through her head.

“Guess I’m a titan in more than one way?” Aaron joked and Sally nodded.  Aaron pulled on his short and kissed Sally on the top of her head.  “Soon I’ll have my titan wife,” Aaron whispered in her ear.  Aaron lifted his wife up with him as he stood to his new height of sixty-two feet.  Sally put her arms around his neck and kissed her titan husband.

“My Greek god,” Sally muttered with a smile as she admired Aaron’s chiseled chest.  “Just promise me that you’ll be careful.  I know there is not much out there that can hurt you now but the evil ones are still resourceful.”

“I know sweetheart.  You just stay back and take care of my kids for me by then I’ll be coming home to a family of titans,” Aaron said as he gave his wife a smile.

“That’ll be nice,” Sally said as she leaned into Aaron.

Bradley Hester woke up with a loud moan.  Allison went to her man’s side.  Brad let the rush of voices pass as he quickly learned control like all titans do.  Brad stood up showing that he was the biggest of all the titans at seventy feet tall.  Brad was still bashful about his naked state as he quickly slid into the shorts.  Allison giggled and jumped up into his arms and kissed him full on. 

“Will we be enough to bring your numbers up kid?” Allison asked Ethan who was wearing a satisfied smile.

“For the moment, yes.  We’ve got a bastard to bring down.  Calvin Harper is planning genocide to the unsuspecting humans even the military people.  We need to stop him and save the innocent giants he has under his control.  Sven and the other titans plan on leaving the bunker as soon as Phoebe wakes up.  Calvin Harper has invented a mind control collar that fits up to a forty foot giant.  He doesn’t know that the titans have been born and we don’t want his to think otherwise until the moment is right.  The giants under his control were once mentally disabled humans.  He teaches them until they start developing minds of their own and that is when the collar is activated.  We want a zero body count if possible.  This world is big enough for all kinds,” Ethan tells the newly risen titans.  They all agree, even the giants present.

Hope by nancyarcher

The titans all sat on the hard floor of the cave so that the giants can groom them back to their former state.  Brad Hester was grateful to be rid of his beard and long curly golden hair.  Brad never liked the long hair look that most of the giants wore.  He liked being clean shaven and having shag to his golden hair but never long.  Brad still looked like the painting of an angel.

“I don’t like looking like a cop anymore,” Adam drawled out in his southern accent.  Adam like having his raven colored hair long enough to pull back.  Adam even kept stubble on his chin instead of the clean cut look he wore as a human.  “I’d rather look like a superhero,” he jokes and Molly smiled as she stood up.  Her brown hair had been cut to her waist and she braided it back.

“All we need are really cool boots and we will look like superheroes.  We already have the really cool matching outfits,” Molly said as she strutted around in her bikini.  The top was a sky blue color with white trim and piping.  Molly filled the top out with her newly well-endowed bounty.  The bottoms matched the top with the Gaea goddess logo right above her right thigh.  Adam admired Molly’s long legs and tight ass.

“We are better than superheroes.  We’re super-sized,” Ethan said with a smile.

“Baby titan has a sense of humor,” Allison interjects as she worked on cutting Keith’s hair back to its shag.

“That’s because he raised him right with a little help,” a tiny voice said.  Keith looks to Steve who had brought someone special with him, his human girlfriend Kristy King.  “You should’ve told me you were going to have a growth spurt.  You know by now that you can trust me,” Kristy said and in a serious tone.  Keith’s smile faded.

“I’m sorry Kristy.  It’s just that…” Keith said.  Steve held Kristy out to Keith’s much bigger hand.  Kristy slid off of Steve’s hand and fell onto Keith’s much bigger palm.  She wore a powder blue sundress and a yellow cardigan sweater.  Kristy was also a lot younger than Keith but looked even younger than her twenty-two years.  Kristy’s golden hair reminded Keith of Alice falling down the rabbit hole.

“I understand completely,” Kristy said after she softly landed onto the titan’s palm.  “I have more leg room now,” Kristy joked and Keith smiled.

“You’re not mad at me?” Keith said and Kristy smiled.  She reminded Keith of one of Kyle’s old action figures.  She sat delicately on his palm with her legs bent in front of her.  Kristy held her shoes on her lap because she thought it was rude and unsanitary to wear shoes whenever a giant handled her.  Keith’s hand now seemed perfectly made for her whereas before Kristy never totally fit.  Her legs always used to dangle.

“I could never be mad at you Keith,” Kristy said as Keith brought his hand to eye level.  Kristy looked into his sweet chocolate colored eyes.  She loves Keith and he shares her feelings.  “You just sped up what would eventually happen.  Don’t think I haven’t noticed all the giants are standing taller these days.  I’ve noticed long before the news stations got involved.”

“You’re still not mad?” Keith asked again.  Keith never used his telepathy on Kristy because he respected her privacy and she also knew whenever a giant used telepathy on her.

“I’ve told you before Keith.  I plan to evolve naturally like most my age are planning on doing.  I don’t care that you’re a titan now.  I’m happy that now you can be with your kids,” Kristy said as she looked to Ethan who came to be with his father.  “Hi Ethan!  My have you grown,” Kristy joked.

“How do you know it’s me?” Ethan asked with a smile.

“You look like your dad,” Kristy said as she caressed Keith’s thumb.  “You have evolved into a handsome man.”

Ethan held out his hand to Keith.  Ethan wanted to catch up with his old friend and Keith knew this.  Kristy nodded to let Keith know that it was alright.  Kristy stepped off Keith’s hand onto Ethan’s.  Ethan held up a finger and Kristy hugged the digit that was as wide around as a tree trunk and just as tall as the petite woman.

“I miss my gentle little Ethan,” Kristy said as she looked up into the titan’s blue gaze.  “You may not be little but you are still gentle.”  Ethan brought his other hand gently around Kristy.  Keith had taught Ethan a way for a giant to hug a human and Ethan remembered this lesson.

“I miss you too Kristy.  I wish my friends had the privilege of having a person like you around,” Ethan said without using the term human.  Ethan knew that he could’ve been human if the world wasn’t rapidly changing.  Kristy knew exactly what Ethan was talking about.

“Elisabeth and Tomas, how are they doing?”  Kristy asked the titan.  Ethan frowned.  He loved the twins like they were family but Ethan knew Jane raised them to be close minded.  Jane told the twins that titans are the only ones that matter but Ethan always knew better.

“They still haven’t laid eyes on a human.  I have tried to teach them everything I know but Jane has isolated them so much.  It’s a shame,” Ethan said.

“You love her.  I mean Elisabeth.  I remember the last time we talked,” Kristy said and Ethan remembered the time he confided in Kristy.  Jane kept the twins out of sight whenever Ethan’s human family came around.  Keith would bring them since there was no way a human could enter the underground bunker.  The giants designed the bunker for secrets.

“I do but her and Tomas doesn’t know about the world around them.  They think titans and giants are superior but they don’t realize that humans can be caring.  I wish Jane would’ve let you around them,” Ethan tells the small human girl.

“They’ll come around Ethan.  Is it true that the titans are going to leave the bunker soon?” Kristy asked the young titan.

“Soon,” was all Ethan would say.

 

Sven Lindquist watched over the other titans.  Kyle and Amber were already missing their baby brother.  Alex and Emma watched over their growing daughter and mourning the loss of her childhood.  Jane sobbed about her wrong doings while Sven comforted his titan wife.  The twins just did what they usually do; learn as much as they can.  Sven shared stories with them of his life as a human which may not have been the best example but the twins needed to know that despite their flaws humans weren’t all bad and neither were giants. 

“Papa, you weren’t a very good human,” Tomas stated a fact.

“No I wasn’t until I evolved but humans learn from their mistakes and I learned a lot of mine before becoming a giant,” Sven tell his son.

“Momma wasn’t much better either.  Why would she try to kill herself?” Elisabeth asked. 

“Because humans can be emotionally fragile,” Sven answers his daughter.

“You ask me, we should rid ourselves of them.  Humans sound like nothing but trouble.  We could easily crush them,” Tomas said in that mechanical way.

“No, that would be wrong son.  You would be human just like I once was if the world didn’t start changing.  The humans are our brothers and sisters as much as the giants are.  Some of those humans will become titans someday,” Sven said, trying to hold back his hurt.  Oh Janie, what have you done to them?

“Can we make them pets?” Elisabeth asked innocently.

“No sweetheart that would be wrong too.  That would be a form of slavery,” Sven said.

“That bad man is enslaving giants,” Elisabeth said.  Sven realized that his children were still there inside the shells of adult titans.  This brightened up Sven's mood when he realized that he could still teach them and fix the damage Jane had done to them.  This gave Sven hope.

 

 

 

 

Just Dropping By by nancyarcher

Sven had an idea that might possibly save some of the humans.  He felt the town empty out and head for the mountains.  The military was well aware of this and so were quite a few young soldiers who didn’t agree with raiding the giants’ home.  Sven knew that he would be compromising the titans cover by punching a small hole into the ceiling of the bunker but if it could save a few more lives, it was worth it to the titan.  Phoebe Anderson looked like a fifty-five foot sixteen year old.  It was only a matter of time before she wakes.  Sven also worried about the three curious titans as he made plans for the trip to Olympus base.  Phoebe and the twins will be like curious children instead of adult titans.  Tomas is also much bigger than his father.  Sven hoped that this wouldn’t be a problem.

The giants were fools to use metals that might as well been made of tin to the titans.  Sven punched a small hole with his finger on the ceiling of the receiving bunker big enough for a human man to fit through.  Sven knew that the soldiers were ordered to check every inch of the campus.  Sven has no intentions of using his powers on the soldiers.  He wanted them to discover the titans fairly.  Since the titans slept on the floor, Sven made an excuse to Jane that he found a breach in the storeroom and he needed to guard it.  Jane wasn’t too happy when she spied the hole but agreed to Sven’s idea.

Sven lies down on the cement floor using parachutes as his pillow.  Sven missed the days of his warm and inviting bed.  Being a titan had its downfalls in mainly no more simple pleasures.  Being a titan meant living off of very little.  Sven hated being a titan.  He felt that titans were far too powerful for their own good.  He secretly worked on a way to strip the titans of their extraordinary powers.  He found of no way to shrink their physical forms without killing them but he was close to finding a way to rid the titans of their talents and bringing them back to being no more superior than a giant or a human.

Sven quickly falls asleep as he hears two human soldiers outside the bunker.  He smiled when he notice the line coming through the hole into the pitch black bunker.  His titan vision is strong.  He closed his eyes and waited.

“Jesus Garrett!  There’s the big blond one just below us.  His size looks double the size,” the young private said to his partner.

“Dandridge you fool!  They can hear you.  We have to stay quiet and keep our thoughts clear.  These monsters are capable of doing anything,” Tom Garrett tells his partner as he looks down through his high powered night vision goggles.  “He looks like he’s asleep.  We need to be very careful.”

Private Glen Dandridge nodded.  Both men are just barely in their twenties and got drafted into service.  A lot of young men and women were getting drafted after the evolution of the middle aged.  Quite a few of these young people went AWOL when they were left alone.  Tom Garrett and Glen Dandridge were two such young men but the convoys were being watched by seasoned snipers.

The boys quietly made their way down the line.  Dandridge gasped at the sight of the monstrous giant peacefully sleeping.  A braid thicker than any rope coiled along the giants neck held together by a rope thicker than the lines the boys came down on.  He also had a blond beard like he has not shaved in a while.  The giant appeared to have his head on a pile of several parachutes that appeared to be stitched together.  The giant only wore a pair of navy and white shorts with the Gaea House logo on the leg.  The shorts were like the type bikers wore.  White fabric and piping ran along the side of muscular thighs and met at the waist.  The creature moaned and moved slightly making both Garrett and Dandridge jump as they cautiously approach the monster.

“Jesus Garrett, this dude has to be well over fifty feet.  Look at those pecks and arms.  He could take down a high rise in one blow with those,” Dandridge whispered.  Garrett hushed him as he stepped ahead on the private.

“What are you doing?  We were told to just investigate,” Dandridge whispered loudly at his partner.  Garrett hushed him again and preceded closer to the sleeping giant.  Garrett wasn’t quite sure of the monstrous giant slumbering before him.  There had to be a reason the giants of Gaea House kept this guy a secret.  Then he remembered this monster movie he watched as a child.  Maybe this giant was like those mindless creatures.  Hell bent on destroying humanity and anything else in its path.  There was no denying that this guy was Sven Lindquist, the Swede that was supposed to be deported for drug smuggling, although he appeared much younger than his pictures on file.

Garrett made it a few feet from the giant’s face.  Garrett felt small next to the large visage that loomed in front of him.  Garrett was ready to turn back when two gigantic eyes stared at him.  Garrett froze in horror, unaware of the large hand ready to grab him.  Dandridge screamed like a girl but found that he couldn’t run as the giant’s foot stopped shortly a few feet in front of him.  Sven moved swiftly as he stood up with one soldier in his grasp and the other trying to escape.

“Quiet,” Sven whispered and the two soldiers complied.  Sven bent down and grabbed Dandridge who was shaking like a leaf.  Sven didn’t like handling humans against their will but he had no other choice.  “I can’t have you waking up the others.  There are two curious titans that would have their way with you if I let them.  You will be doing yourselves a favor by staying quiet and keeping your thoughts empty,” Sven said.  Garrett and Dandridge nodded in reply.  Both soldiers were amazed that the Swede spoke with no accent.  They both could also tell that the giant was keeping his voice as low as possible not only so the other giants can’t hear him but also for the benefit of the soldier’s eardrums.

“What do you want with us?” Garrett boldly asked the mammoth giant who was now holding them level with his face in the pitch black storeroom.  Sven smiled and the boys knew the giant could not only sense but see their frightened reaction.  

“You have nothing to fear from me.  Besides American food gives me indigestion,” Sven whispered with a playful grin.  The soldiers were still fearful of the giant.  “Seriously, I want to save you from destruction.  Calvin Harper is planning genocide to the human race.”

“Genocide, that’s madness!” Garrett said in a whisper.  “You mentioned titans earlier?”

“We are the true end product of the great evolution.  We call ourselves titans.  As you can see through your night vision goggles that we are twice the size of giants and also twice as powerful.  The giants have been keeping the titans secret for fear of how the human race will react.  We choose to hide no longer,” Sven tells the soldiers.

“You’re Sven Lindquist.  The government tried to deport you but paperwork had been conveniently lost and you had vanished.  Rumor has it that Calvin Harper hired you as a bodyguard and that is how you have avoided the authorities for so long.  It’ll take a military tanker to ship you back to Sweden now.  I doubt our government would want to waste the funds.  Jesus, what are you?  Fifty feet tall,” Garrett stared in disbelief of the behemoth giant.  Sven smiled but held back his laughter.

“I am ten times the man I used to be.  I am sixty-six feet tall.  Let’s just say that I’ve learned the errors of my ways.  I have no need to juice up any longer,” Sven joked and Garrett managed a smile while Dandridge is unsure.  Garrett had come from a large family of good old farmers.  His oldest sister is ten years his senior and five times his size.  Diana evolved shortly before Garrett was drafted.  He hid this from his platoon although the government was well aware of soldiers with extraordinary family members.  Garrett never wanted to fight the giants but there was no way around it.  Diana’s life was being threatened.

“So why haven’t you titans left yet?” Garrett asked the very large man.

“One of our own is still sleeping and cannot be awakened.  She is in sort of a coma.  My wife had let the power get to her and she created titans from giants.  Titan children grow up fast.  This poor giant was an infant and when she wakes she will have twenty-five years of her life taken from her.  We wish to escape once she wakes.  One of our titans has already managed to get out.  He made allies with some humans who have worked to clear the town,” Sven tells the two soldiers he had shifted to one hand.  Garrett offered to move since Dandridge was still in shock.

“What do you want with us?” Garrett asked again while Sven managed to telekinetically turn on the dimmest light in the spacious store room.  He placed the two soldiers on a catwalk and sat down so that he may be eye level with them.  The strange makeshift catwalk had no ladders or elevators.  It was put there by Keith so that his two youngest children can visit their baby brother.  The Black children stuck it in the storeroom after they grew big enough to move it.

“I know in your hearts that you want to fight this war as much as we do.  To me we are not giants and humans; we are one in the same.  I know of your sister Tom Garrett.  She misses you dearly but sadly she has had to flee the safety of her Gaea House as well.  All the giants have fled to some places until we can decide what to do about Calvin Harper,” Sven tells the soldiers who knew that their guns are of no use against the giants.  Even the tank ammo is questionable.  Garrett wasn’t sure about Dandridge but he himself found the titan to be a likable guy despite his shady human past.  Sven told the soldiers about Harper’s plan.

“I can help you escape and any of the other men and women who don’t wish to fight.  You must trust me as I will trust you.  I don’t wish to use my powers on you as that will put you at a major disadvantage.  I will use them to ensure your freedom.  Spread the word to those who are trustworthy and within the next day, the titans will emerge,” Sven tells the boys.

“They’re watching from the sky,” Garrett said and Sven let out a low laugh.  “There are also snipers.”

“I will assign a titan to lead you then.  Bullets sting and can break skin but they are too small for us to prove fatal.  I will assign you a protector,” Sven tells Garrett.

“I’ll do it,” the familiar voice of Kyle Black said.

“Kyle, what are you doing awake?” Sven asked the titan.  Dandridge pissed his pants.

“Jesus Glen,” Garrett mumbled.

“I saw you punch that hole in the ceiling.  I’m long overdue for some fresh air.  I had a feeling you were planning a jail break,” Kyle whispered and gave Sven his boyish crooked smile.  Kyle looked so much like his father except that he had his mother’s blue eyes.  He was built very tall and very muscular like all titans but Kyle still retained his boyish qualities despite the fact he was in the body of a twenty-five year old man.  Kyle had on the same style of shorts as Sven except his are powder blue instead of navy.  Kyle looked down at the two humans and smiled.

“Too bad I don’t have my G.I. Joes anymore.  His pants could’ve fit you,” Kyle jokingly tells Dandridge who stood there with his jaw agape.  Garrett and Sven quietly laughed.

Revelations by nancyarcher

Sven had been going through the storage of the underground bunker to see if there was anything he could use to teach the twins how to handle a human.  Tomas and Elisabeth had never experienced the small world and he wanted to train them on how to handle beings much smaller than titans.  Sven was in luck when he found the old mannequins that were used for the rumble room.

“Phoebe too,” Sven heard the voice of Alexander Anderson behind him.

“I forgot that we have three now,” Sven let his accent slip.

“My little girl is a lost soul just like your twins.  Emma and I are working with her to make her more like Ethan but I don’t think the sudden growth helped her.  She acts sort of like an autistic child,” Alex said as tears formed in his eyes.  “Sven, I don’t know how you do it?  Your boy is scary big.”

“There is gentleness to Tomas.  Jane never allowed my children to be feeling creatures.  I have hope for them and your Phoebe as well.  I know the dummies are poor substitutes but we have to show them just how small we once were,” Sven tells Alex who was once one of the wealthiest men in the United States.  Alex was also one of the first humans to have evolved along with his wife Emma.  Alex recently was forced into becoming a titan just like Sven and just like Sven wanted nothing more than to shut this Pandora’s Box that has been opened.

“We need to end this madness.  I have a few formulas that I’d like to try.  Becoming human again is not an option but I think we need to seriously think about stripping all titans and giants of their powers.  We are dangerous,” Alex said as he took one of the mannequins Sven offered him.  “But our kids Sven, they don’t know any differently.  Keith Black has shown us what’s possible.”

“Ethan is nothing like the others but your Phoebe never got to grow up slowly.  Phoebe has potential,” Sven tells his friend.

“She’s like a fifty seven foot baby, Sven.  I don’t know,” Alex said as he ran his hand through his long dirty blond hair.

“There is always hope but we don’t have much time.  I overheard the general the other day.  He wants to explore the hidden bunker with a lot of backup.  My boys told him that they never found anything but the stubborn human refuses to believe them.  We need to get our kids trained and fast.  I don’t want us using our powers too much,” Sven tells Alex.

“I agree but mind control might have to be used.  We need to get our children to where they won’t be curious.  We’ve got to move out as quickly as possible,” Alex said.

“My humans are ready to move out.  They’ve got a plan.  All I have to do is give them the word and they will go to safety.  I sense Harper’s giant army is close.  They are all collared and will do whatever Calvin tells them.  We’ve got to mind control the unwilling to come with us.  I don’t want casualties.  Ethan and the others will meet us at the base.  A new titan was born recently,” Sven tells his friend with a smile.

“Steve is now one of us?” Alex asked.

“He just turned an hour ago all on his own.  Our numbers are slowly rising,” Sven said and both the titan men smiled.

 

“Such delicate useless little creatures,” Tomas tells his father as he held the wooden mannequin.  “How can something so little be of use to us?”

“Humans have a purpose son,” Sven patiently tells his oversize boy.  The fact that Tomas was taller and broader than his father never escaped Sven’s mind.  Tomas was ridiculously powerful for only being over a year old.  Sven watched as Tomas picked up the mannequin by the arm and look at it distastefully.

“Mother doesn’t like these creatures much.  Why should we care about handling them?” Tomas asked.

“Because all of us were once human,” Sven tells his boy.

“Mother told us that we were never human.  We have always been titans,” Elisabeth said as she leaned against the wall.  Sven was unaware of his bikini clad daughter.  Elisabeth Lindquist was the vision of an angel with thick long golden hair and ice blue eyes.  Both Tomas and Elisabeth took after their Scandinavian father with high cheekbones and chisel chins but Elisabeth had Jane’s full lips and big round eyes.  Tomas’s hair had a slight tint of red to it.  Both the children even inherited Sven well above average height.  Elisabeth towered over Jane but not Sven.  Both the twins wore the powder blue and white Gaia Foundation titan uniforms, Tomas the biker shorts and Elisabeth the bikini.  Sven wore navy and white which signified that he was now the titans’ unofficial leader, at least the leader of Hades base.  Little did Sven know but all the titans looked to him for guidance.  He could never fully figure out why considering he wasn’t the first titan.

“You were both born the size of human babies,” Sven said as he looked to his daughter.

“But we grew shortly after.  We were only small because mother was still human,” Tomas said as he still picked and prodded the mannequin like some sort of scientific experiment.

“Don’t you see, without a human, you wouldn’t be here today,” Sven said in his a-ha moment.  The twins both gave Sven a perplexed glance before looking down at the small wooden mannequins.  Both Tomas and Elisabeth were tempted to crush the wooden dolls with their fingers just to feel their immense power but the look on their father’s face stopped them.  Both the titans looked the same age as him but Sven’s eyes reflected wisdom that the twins couldn’t see in their own.  As much as the twins hated to admit it that despite their adult shells, Elisabeth and Tomas were still babies.

Elisabeth could never figure out how come Ethan wasn’t like her or Tomas despite the fact that he is actually younger.  Ethan used to hide away in the store room everyday with his giant father.  One time Elisabeth remembered hearing laugher through the thick metal door.  She ignored the small voices that hit her mind, thoughts that never came from Ethan or his father.  The voices of children.  Elisabeth dismissed these voices as her lost childhood.

“Ethan’s family was human,” Elisabeth muttered.  “That’s why he went to the storeroom every day.  He was visiting his brother and sister.  They were still human.  Mother denied Tomas and I access to the humans but you didn’t want her to.  She was much too big to control and she didn’t want us to see how fragile you once was when you were one of them.  I’m so sorry papa.”  Tears filled Elisabeth’s eyes.  The ice princess started to melt and Sven did what any good father would do, he took her in his arms.  Elisabeth understood and this is a step in the right direction.   Tomas on the other hand seemed blank as he stood above his father and sister.  Then he felt something in his heart, its Elisabeth emotions feeding through him.  The twin bond is strong even in fraternal twins.  Tomas put his arms around both his sister and father while he felt his sister’s pain at shunning the creatures that Ethan Black called the original ones.  Someday Tomas hopes to find out what the Titan finds intriguing.    

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=2109