Press Up by Enceladus
Summary:

An unmarked package arrives at Alex's door, containing a strange device. When She realizes what it does, she has a few fun ideas...


Categories: Giantess, Young Adult 20-29, Growing Woman, Instant Size Change, Sci-Fi, Slow Size Change Characters: None
Growth: Amazon (7 ft. to 15 ft.), Mini GTS (16-30ft)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: F/f, F/m, FF/f, FF/m
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6011 Read: 13228 Published: September 27 2023 Updated: October 06 2023
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by Enceladus

2. Chapter 2 by Enceladus

3. Chapter 3 by Enceladus

4. Chapter 4 by Enceladus

5. Chapter 5 by Enceladus

Chapter 1 by Enceladus

Junk mail was a regular occurrence at Alex's house. Fliers, ads, scams, and the occasional magazine the previous owner had never canceled flooded the mailbox weekly, only to be nonchalantly tossed into the trash as she entered the kitchen for her morning coffee. Today, though, something new was mixed within the papers. A small package - about the size of a smartphone box - fell out onto the floor before Alex could throw it out with the pile. Picking it up and taking a closer look revealed almost nothing; no return address, no company logos, nothing but plain black box held closed with a small strip of tape.

Opening it was probably a bad idea. At best, it was probably some scam trying a new strategy to get the best of someone's curiosity. At worst, well, who knows what could be inside. When Alex shook the box, she couldn't feel anything move around inside, and it couldn't have weighed more than half a pound. It seemed like the kind of box a watch or small electronic would come in.

Alex's curiosity got the best of her eventually, though. Slicing open the tape and lifting the lid off the box revealed something interesting: a small remote sitting in a foam mold. On the remote were only two buttons, a set of arrows pointing up and down like volume controls. Like the box it came in, no company logo adorned the remote. Looking closer, it was surprisingly well built for such a simple device. The shell and buttons seemed to be metallic rather than plastic, and the thing had more weight to it than you'd expect.

Someone's replacement remote must have gotten mixed up in the mail somehow, Alex thought. The completely unmarked package certainly made that an understandable mistake. She removed the foam from the box to find a manual, or anything that would give away what the remote was made for. A remote with only two buttons was surely for something pretty specific. Under the foam, though, there was nothing but a small business card-like looking piece of card stock, with a few words written in cursive printed on it.

"Use with care."

The slightly ominous note was no help in figuring out what the remote was for, but it sent Alex's curiosity into overdrive. Slipping the back panel off revealed space for 2 AAA batteries, which Alex filled with some spares from the hall closet. With the batteries in, a faint blue light pulsed to life behind the two buttons, and a slight "whirring" noise began emanating from the device, like a computer that was slightly overheating. What the hell kind of remote was this?

The news was playing on the TV. Standard slow news day things, mostly politics Alex didn't care much about mixed with feel-good stories and a preview of the weather for the week. The remote didn't have any obvious way to sync it to a TV like an old universal remote, let alone instructions on how to do anything like that, so Alex just pointed it at the TV and hit the up arrow, expecting it to turn up the volume or something.

A flash of light filled the room for the second or two that Alex held the button down, followed by the sound of electric sparks spitting out of the remote. It was as if the ceiling light had turned on then immediately burnt out, all from the tiny device in Alex's hand. She jumped backwards, almost tripping over her cat Dusty who had wandered into the room and was now sprinting into the kitchen. Alex went to check on the cat, but froze when she looked back at the TV.

Something was different. Not the volume, the channel, or anything normal like that, the TV itself was different. It was bigger. The 55 inch screen could now barely fit the stand it was on, it had to be at least 70 inches now. Alex blinked and rubbed her eyes, convinced she was just seeing things, but it became increasingly obvious that the TV had actually grown.

Alex didn't know how long she stood there staring, but she didn't snap out of it until Dusty walked his way back into the room, the cat walking up and sitting himself in front of her to check if his owner was OK. Alex responded by pointing the remote down at the cat, pressing down on the down arrow for a split second. The thought of whether or not this could hurt Dusty didn't even cross her mind, she 'needed to know' if this remote was really what she thought it was.

A second flash filled the room, slightly shorter than the last, but this time Alex didn't jump. She watched closely as Dusty shrunk down, the large cat suddenly barely larger than he was as a kitten. He flinched a bit at the light, but otherwise seemed totally fine, staring up at Alex the same as he had before, then jumping up onto his cat tree and settling down for a nap. It was like he didn't even notice.

In her shock, Alex dropped the remote. Before she could catch it, it hit the ground and another flash fired out from the device as it bounced. As she shielded her eyes from the light, Alex became overcome with an odd feeling of vertigo. She opened her eyes to the exact sight she was afraid of; she was shrinking, and quickly.

Alex wasn't particularly tall to begin with, standing around 5'3" on a good day. Now, though, she had lost at least 4 inches, and showed no sign of stopping. The world grew and grew around her, the tables and counters creeping closer and closer to her face as the shelves and ceiling moved away at equal pace. The feeling left a pit in her stomach that was unlike anything she had ever felt, as if she was falling in a dream that she couldn't wake from. All she could do was watch and hope it stopped.

Luckily, the process stopped before she was to small to function, but Alex couldn't be more than 4 and a half feet tall now. Dusty looked at her (looked 'down' at her) from his cat tree, seemingly not concerned about his now child-sized owner. The remote was on the floor a couple feet from her, and Alex reached out and grabbed it. It felt larger and heavier in her hand.

"Use with care."

Chapter 2 by Enceladus

"Holy shit..." Alex muttered to herself, still in shock from what had just happened. The realization of just how insane this was was just hitting her now. She gave herself a once over, making sure she was alright at her reduced stature. There was no pain, no strange feelings, and she could move around just fine. She did notice something strange though. The remote hadn't just shrunk her down, but altered her proportions somewhat. Her limbs were shorter, and her head was about the same size as it was before the remote went off. Despite being almost a foot shorter than normal, she looked... normal, like someone who was naturally this size would. A closer look at Dusty revealed that he, too, had fairly natural proportions for a cat his size.

Alex calmed herself. The potential things she could do with this remote were limitless, but she had to be careful. She didn't know where this thing came from, there could be side effects she hadn't noticed yet, and obviously being caught with something straight out of a sci-fi movie could cause some issues for her. Her mind raced with possibilities, until she heard the front door opening - her boyfriend, Jack, was home from work, and Alex was still miniaturized.

"I'm home, are you here babe?" Jack called out as he walked in, setting his keys on the counter and taking off his jacket. Alex panicked, she had maybe 15 seconds before Jack was in the room, and she couldn't get anywhere else without risking him seeing her. No other choice, she pressed the remote against herself and pushed down on the up arrow. A massive surge of energy flowed into her, centered on where the remote was in contact with her stomach.

Unlike the unpleasant vertigo she had felt when she was shrinking, the feeling of growing was practically euphoric. It was a warm, tingling sensation, like being wrapped in a heated blanket after out in a blizzard all day. Alex's body expanded outwards and upwards rapidly, quickly returning to her normal height. Her clothes, a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, grew along with her, though at a slightly slower pace. The result was a constant feeling of her clothing tightening around her, followed by a release in pressure as they briefly caught up with her growth. Lost in the feeling of the growth, Alex held down the button for just slightly longer than she meant to. The split second of extra growth had put her a few inches taller than normal, somewhere around 5'6". Jack would be here any second, there was no time to re-adjust.

Jack stood at about 5'9", putting him a fair bit taller than Alex normally, but not so much that her "growth spurt" would go unnoticed. Alex just sat down on the couch, and hoped Jack would just say hi and go off to take a shower or something so she had time to figure this out. Jack entered the room.

"Ah, you are home, I didn't hear you respond when I called out to you." Jack said as he walked in. So far, he hadn't noticed anything.

"Oh, I didn't hear you over the TV I guess." Alex responded, trying her best to act normal. She thought she was going to get away with it, until she saw Jack turn to the TV - the TV that was a still larger than it should be. Dusty, too, had emerged from his cat tree, revealing his smaller size to Jack as well.

"Shitshitshit..." Alex mumbled under her breath. There was no chance Jack wouldn't no something was up. How would she explain this to him? She could just show him the remote in action, but what would his reaction be? Especially that she had used it on herself?

"Oh yeah, no big deal. I'm gonna grab a shower quick before dinner. You have anything you wanted in mind?" Jack said nonchalantly, completely ignoring the TV and Dusty. Alex was confused.

"Uhh, no, nothing in mind." Alex responded. "I'm not picky, whatever you want is fine." Jack simply shrugged as he walked towards the bathroom, passing the cat tree on the way. Dusty walked up to Jack to greet him, as he did every day when Jack got home.

"Hey little guy, how's your day been?" Jack gave Dusty a scratch behind the ears, Dusty purring in response. Alex expected Jack to freak out, or at least notice how small the cat was now, but he acted totally normal. He definitely hadn't called him "little guy" before, though. What the hell was going on? Jack could be a bit of an airhead sometimes, but there was no way he'd not notice something like Dusty shrinking. Alex needed to test something, consequences be damned.

Alex got up and moved towards her bedroom, passing Jack on the way. She made sure to stand at her full height as she passed him, emphasizing her new stature. Jack didn't react at all. Even when she looked him directly in the eye, all he did was give her a smile as he closed the bathroom door.

Alex locked the bedroom door behind her, and took a deep breath. This remote could mess with people's heads somehow, alter memories or something. There was no way Jack was that dense, right? If she was really the only one who noticed the changes the remote made, then...

There was a standing mirror in Alex's room. She hadn't gotten a good look at herself since she had grown, but now she had some time to herself. The extra few inches had done wonders for Alex's already decent proportions. Her legs seemed longer, her jeans hugging her thighs nicely. Her shirt had grown as well, but still fit tighter than it normally did, showing off her waist and chest a bit more than she was used to. She liked it, to say the least, who knew a little boost in height could make such a difference?

The remote was still in her pocket. Alex pulled it out, and turned it over in her hands. This tiny thing could change reality to her will, and it was just dropped on her doorstep out of the blue. She didn't know where this thing came from, or how it worked, but none of that mattered right now. The power that she held in her hands was intoxicating. If a three inch boost to her height felt this good, what would more feel like? Before giving it much thought, her thumb was already pressed down on the up arrow.

The feeling of growth returned, feeling even more intense now that Alex was prepared for it. Standing in front of the mirror, Alex could watch the process in action. Her legs stretched outwards first, being the source of most of her increased height. Her jeans stretched out with them, her calves and thighs filling out the denim as they grew. As her torso grew to catch up with her lower half, Alex's shirt started to ride up, unable to keep up with her expanding form and exposing her midriff. When she let go of the button, Alex was a bit over 6 feet tall, with proportions that would make models jealous. It felt positively euphoric, and Alex couldn't wait to look down at Jack next time she talked to him.

Chapter 3 by Enceladus

The next half hour was very productive for Alex. With Jack in the shower, she had free reign to experiment with the remote as much as she wanted. Through her tests, Alex confirmed a few key things:

Firstly, the remote tries it's best to "justify" it's changes. The TV hadn't just become larger, it morphed into a larger model entirely. When used on a coffee mug, it would "snap" between a few standard sizes, rather than smoothly scaling up and down. Tests on furniture, picture frames, and even doorways produced similar results. Living things, coming in all shapes and sizes, weren't subjected to this, at least.

Second, the remote could affect the things it wasn't even used on. Despite Alex's newly elevated stature, her clothes still all fit. Checking the tags, they had all scaled to match her new measurements, despite the remote not going anywhere near them. If everyone but Alex remembered reality as if the changes never happened, then of course her clothes would scale, it wouldn't make sense for Alex to have bought ill-fitting clothes if she had always been this tall.

The last test she wanted to do would need a test subject. And with the sound of the bathroom door opening, Alex knew just who that subject would be. Remote in hand, Alex walked into the hall to meet Jack, nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. As she passed, Jack leaned in for a quick kiss, as he would normally. It was a new feeling for Alex, though, having to lean down slightly to reach Jack. She didn't mind, though. Their new size difference was about to increase further in a second anyway.

Alex pulled Jack closer, pressing her body against his as they kissed with her back against the wall. Jack seemed surprised for a moment, before melting into Alex's embrace. Despite never remembering being this pushy before, the Alex that Jack remembered clearly thought otherwise. With a free hand, Alex pulled the remote from her pocket, pressing it against her back to hide the flash. With Jack distracted, Alex held down the up arrow for a few seconds.

The slight lean that Alex had adopted was quickly becoming impossible to maintain, leading her to slowly bend at the knee further and further to maintain her embrace wit Jack. Her lengthening arm wrapped further around Jack, pulling him even closer to her now towering frame. Her growing hand gripped his shoulder tightly as he shrank smaller and smaller in her grip. Alex broke the kiss as she deactivated the remote, opening her eyes to gaze down at Jack, Towering over him even with her compromised posture. She may have overdone it a bit. Though the look on Jack's face let her know that he certainly didn't mind. He gave her a smile stepping back and continuing on his way to the bedroom for a change of clothes.

Alex stood up straight, not sure exactly how tall she had grown. Standing at her full height, Jack's eye level was at her chest. The top of the doorframe didn't even reach her chin. She was absolutely massive. Reaching her hand up, she was able to palm the ceiling with reach to spare. If she had to guess, she'd say she was somewhere around 7 and a half feet tall. Alex was ecstatic, she'd never felt so powerful before, and Jack seemed to love it too. For the time being, though, this was probably too much. As fun as it was towering over everything, crouching through doorways wasn't ideal. She pressed the down arrow for a split second, taking her down to a more manageable 6'7".

Her little experiment with Jack had proven just as fruitful as it was entertaining. Even with Jack right there as she was growing, he didn't notice a thing. It was like his perception of Alex had updated on the fly, memories and all. As long as she could find a way to hide the flash of light, Alex could stealthily use the device anywhere she wanted. The possibilities were endless.

Alex heard Jack emerging from the bedroom, now clothed. "So babe, I was thinking Chinese for dinner tonight, if that's OK with you." Jack called out, walking towards the living room.

"Actually, I have a better idea." Alex responded, entering the living room herself. "You want to go out to eat tonight? My treat."

Jack thought for a second, before a smile spread across his face. "Well, in that case..." He closed the takeout app and put his phone in his pocket. "Let me change into something a bit nicer."

"Perfect, I'll be ready in a sec." Alex responded, heading to her own room to change. Tonight was going to be fun.

Chapter 4 by Enceladus
Author's Notes:


The bustle of the diner was a dramatic change in atmosphere from the quiet of the house. It was a new place, having opened just a month ago, so there was still a fairly large crowd for an otherwise uneventful Thursday night. It wasn't exactly packed - Alex and Jack had managed to get a booth at the back of the place with at least one empty table between them and any other group - but there was still a comfortable energy in the restaurant. Alex and Jack were enjoying a nice meal together, the conversation flowing smoothly as usual.

Before they'd left, Alex had gone through her closet for a different outfit. The effects of the remote had on her wardrobe were more than just it's size; the style of clothing had shifted as well. Not many women's clothes were made for someone Alex's size, so most of her old outfits were replaced with pieces that were more size agnostic. Regular pants and leggings replaced by skirts and dresses, probably meant to reach the knees or lower on someone more standard height, but only reaching mid-thigh on Alex. Most of her increased height was in her legs, so her tops were mostly unchanged, though a few were replaced by smaller pieces like crop tops. Alex settled on a relatively simple outfit: A white crop top, a skirt reaching just above her knees, and a pair of boots.

Alex also made a slight modification to the remote itself. a small strip of black translucent tape over the end of the remote hid the flash just enough without interfering with the function. Alex could discretely grow or shrink whatever (or whoever) she wanted, as long as she could hide the remote itself. If she kept her hand under the table, that shouldn't be a problem at all. As a test, she gave herself a little boost as she and Jack sat down. Now 6'10" tall, Alex towered over everything in the diner - even sitting, she was taller than almost anyone who walked past. She got a few looks from passers-by, nobody here had seen a woman as tall as her before, after all.

Her and Jack made small talk while they waited for their food, but Alex had other plans. She scanned the dining area looking for a target to work her magic on. She thought about using the remote on Jack, but decided against it - she liked Jack just the way he was. If she changed her mind, she could try it any time later anyway.

A table across from them was caught her eye. The couple sitting there was having their order taken by a waitress, a short redhead about Alex's age. She was cute, with freckles dotting her face and shoulders, and a few tattoos visible on her arms and legs. Alex checked to make sure nobody was looking her way, then discretely pressed the up button under the table. The waitress didn't react, continuing to take the couple's order as Alex increased her size inch by inch. Soon she was Jack's height, then she stretched even taller. Her uniform - a white button up blouse, black vest, and black skirt - struggled to keep up with her expanding form, barely avoiding a wardrobe malfunction as the formerly small waitress was becoming quite the imposing figure. By the time she stopped growing, she had to be over 6 and a half feet tall. With the heels she wore, She might be able to look Alex in the eye.

The couple talking to the waitress didn't notice anything strange, of course. It was quite entertaining to watch them turn their necks higher and higher to look up at the waitress as their perception updated on the fly. After she'd left, she could hear the couple whispering to each other. Alex couldn't make out the exact words, but the shocked expressions and frequent glances towards the waitress let her know what they were talking about. In a few minutes, she wouldn't stand out as much.

Alex's next target was sitting at the bar, a few seats away from anyone else. A young woman, probably in her mid 20s, nursing a cocktail and scrolling on her phone. She was talking with a clearly very intoxicated man who had wandered from one of the larger groups and was failing miserably to flirt with her. Once in Alex's sights, the woman quickly overtook the drunk man in height, a man who was quickly becoming more unsure of his choice in targets with every inch the woman grew. Their interaction ended when the woman stood up, the drunk man stunned as he found himself face to chest with the 7 foot tall beauty. She gave him an slightly awkward smile before walking off, leaving the man confused at the bar. Alex couldn't help but giggle.

As their dinner continued, the average height of the women in the diner was quickly climbing. In between making small talk with Jack, Alex continued her little experiment. A couple sitting across the room had their height difference reversed. Every waitress in the restaurant gained a couple inches every time they entered the room until the shortest of them was 6'5" barefoot. A group of college girls commanded the room as every one of them reached 7 feet tall. Not wanting to be outdone, Alex boosted herself back up to 7'6", easily towering over everyone around her again. Her elongated legs could barely be contained under the table as her knees bumped it's underside. She was easily the tallest person in the diner, but when every woman around her was 6 feet or taller, it didn't draw nearly as much attention as before.

Alex focused the remote on the last woman still untouched by her meddling: The hostess, a 5'4" brunette that greeted Alex and Jack when they came in. She grew just as the others did, but something was different. As she grew, the entire building began to shift around her. Ceilings raised, doorframes expanded, furniture shifted and morphed to accommodate the new average height. Alex watched in awe as tables and booths warped and expanded, granting her the leg room she had lost after her last spurt and then some. The bar counter raised itself several inches higher as the stools stretched to match. Those still left standing below 6 and a half feet could still use the furniture with little issue, but they looked almost like children that had snuck a seat at the adult table. Nobody but Alex thought this was strange at all, of course.

Distracted by the morphing building, Alex didn't notice that the hostess had surpassed even her own height. When she took her finger off the button, the hostess had to be close to 8 feet tall. Even among the giants surrounding her, she stuck out like a sore thumb. Alex thought about shrinking her to a slightly more reasonable size, but found herself almost mesmerized by the sight. She didn't want to undo the effects on the restaurant, either. She and Jack finished their meal and left the diner shortly after, the massive hostess bidding them farewell as they went.

The restaurant wasn't the only building that changed. In fact, every single building on the street seemed ever so slightly different. Stretched upwards to accommodate the new height of their inhabitants. Just how far reaching were these changes? At the minimum, the whole town must be affected, right? Alex did some research on her phone as Jack drove them home, confirming her suspicions. Her previously unremarkable town was now known for it's abnormally tall women. Nobody knows exactly why, but a few generations ago, the average height of women born here had skyrocketed. Alex had a pretty good idea why, though.

Chapter 5 by Enceladus

The cramped ride home could not end soon enough. Unlike the buildings, the cars in the town had not changed to accommodate her size. It made some sense, there probably wasn't much incentive for any vehicle manufacturers to make larger models just for one town. Jack's poor little sedan could barely contain Alex, leaving her taking up the entire back seat just to have some minor level of comfort, and she still had her head touching the ceiling. When they pulled up into the driveway, pulling herself out of the car felt like emerging from a metal cocoon.


Home remained at least mostly familiar when Alex and Jack returned. The same stretched ceilings and doorways the town was now known for had reached her house as well, but the interior still remained more or less the same - just a few sizes bigger. If it weren't for Jack standing eye-to-torso with her, Alex might not have even noticed the changes at all. The room to breath was a welcome change of pace from the cramped car ride home, in any case. What was less comfortable was just how much had changed without Alex's direct intervention. It was interesting to watch in the moment, but the extent of how different thing really were now was just hitting her. The whole town, and presumably every woman in it, was changed, and they didn't even know it. What started as a fun little personal power trip was now a worldwide known borderline supernatural anomaly. Alex was one of the tallest women to ever live, and she could go walk down the street and see dozens of women taller still, suffering none of the health issues that would normally effect someone of that stature. Is this what she wanted? Alex wasn't sure. She didn't feel so big anymore, despite the number on the measuring tape saying otherwise. Alex wasn't sure what to do now. Jack, blissfully unaware of his girlfriend's existential crisis, had settled back into his routine and turned on the TV. Alex sat next to him on the couch, trying her best to relax as Jack flipped through channels. As the TV landed on a news segment, though, Alex perked back up. It was a recent segment, covering a viral story about their town.


"The record for tallest woman is once again broken, and it happened exactly where you'd expect it: right hereat home. 19 year old Megan Cain measures in at a staggering 8'11" tall, not just breaking the tallest woman record by 2 inches, but tying the record for tallest person overall set over a century ago." The feed cut to footage of Megan Cain herself, towering over reporters and spectators alike, even the women who dwarfed Alex were nothing compared to her. The reporter continued. "This continues the trend of steadily increasing heights in this town, continuing a decades long record streak that has captured the world's attention."

Alex watched in awe. Megan was absolutely massive. And if the reporter was right, it was only a matter of time before someone surpassed even her. Alex felt tiny. This isn't what she had planned to happen. The remote was practically calling to her from her pocket, begging Alex to grow even taller. What if it changed the whole world? Did she even care if it did? A small test would surely be fine. Even if the town changed again, a few inches wouldn't change much, right? The feeling of growing, the thought of potentially being the tallest woman on Earth... Alex couldn't resist. Hiding the remote behind her back, Alex closed her eyes and held her breath, waiting for the familiar surge to flow through her. She pressed down on the button again. But the feeling never came.


Alex opened her eyes, pressing the button again. Still, nothing. Were the batteries dead? It was incredible that such a device could run on battery power regardless, so it would make sense if it drained them quickly. Sneaking a quick glance at the remote, though, revealed the same pulsing blue light behind the buttons that had been there all day. Alex tried again, pressing the down arrow instead, and still nothing. Alex's heart dropped. Was the remote broken?


Alex slipped the remote back in her pocket and got up from the couch. "I'll be right back babe, I have to check something." Alex called to Jack, already halfway to her room. Jack simply nodded and waved, focusing on the TV. Alex shut the door and frantically pulled the remote back out, inspecting it closer. Everything seemed fine, there wasn't a single scratch or dent on the thing. She tried pressing the buttons a few more times, just in case. Alex sighed. Was it all over? In frustration, she smacked the side of the thing with her hand, maybe something inside had just gotten knocked out of place. Nothing. She hit it again. A flash filled the room.
The flash was far brighter than any of the previous ones, and was paired with a loud bang, almost like a gunshot. Alex had jumped backwards, temporarily blinded and deafened from whatever had just happened. When her sight returned, the remote was there on the floor. In two pieces. If it wasn't broken before, it certainly was now, and Alex certainly had no hope of fixing it. She cursed to herself, picking up the pieces and setting them on her dresser. She collapsed on the bed, lost at what to do now. Something was different, though. Alex didn't notice it at first, but the flash hadn't just blinded her. Alex felt strange. It was similar to how she felt when she was growing, but different somehow, less intense. Her limbs felt tingly, like they were falling asleep. Alex stood up, stumbling as she felt like the ground was getting farther away from her. Alex looked down at herself, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. It wasn't until she looked at herself closely in the mirror that she realized what was happening. It was barely noticeable, but Alex was getting taller.
The change was dramatically slower than any growth Alex had experienced before, but she was unmistakably growing. If she had to guess, Alex would estimate that she was growing at about an inch every five minutes. The remote sat broken on the dresser. Alex had no control over this growth. She could only sit and wait. She had no idea when it would stop, or if it ever would at all.


Jack would probably be worried if she stayed in here too long. There wasn't much point in hiding from him, he wouldn't notice what was happening anyway. Alex left her room and rejoined Jack on the couch, doing her best to act normal despite the sensation of growth filling her every thought. Jack didn't say anything, focused on whatever show was currently playing.


Every millimeter Alex grew felt like an hour passing. Every glance at the ceiling or doorway frame was a reminder of just how tall she would be soon. She felt her legs stretch out under her, reaching further and further down the couch as her height climbed. Inch by inch, the house shrank around her. After what felt like hours, Jack stood up from the couch himself, yawning as he did.


"It's getting late, I think I'm gonna head to bed." Jack said, stretching his arms. "You coming?"

There was no point in staying up any longer, Alex supposed. At least in sleep, she could avoid thinking of every inch she was adding to her new height. Alex yawned herself, realizing just how tired she was. She stood up. And up. And up. Alex towered over Jack, he barely even reached her waist now. Alex gasped. Jack didn't seem to notice anything strange, simply looking up at Alex confused.


"You alright?" Jack asked, oblivious. He strained his neck to look up at her, but smiled at her as if nothing was wrong. Alex didn't know how to respond. He looked so tiny now. Alex could scoop Jack up in her hands, hold him like a doll. She had to be almost 9 feet tall, if not past it. She stared down at Jack, frozen. Her mind raced with thoughts. She went to place her hand on Jack's shoulder out of habit, almost having to lean down to reach him. Jack didn't flinch away from Alex's giant hand, taking her fingers in his hands and squeezing gently. Alex blushed, smiling nervously. She wasn't nervous because she was huge, or that she had lost control, Alex realized. She was nervous because she realized that even now, she liked it.


She felt a surge inside her. In an instant, Alex grew several more inches, her navel passing Jack's head. There was no more denying it, Alex loved this feeling. No matter how strange it was, no matter the consequences, Alex wanted more, and she felt a power in her chest that made her confidant that she could take it. She felt another surge, this time willed by her own desire. Her head bumped the ceiling as she grew yet again, each of her legs now taller than Jack. A third, massive surge hit her, leaving her bent at the knees just to avoid breaking through the ceiling.


"Yeah." Alex said, staring down at the eyes of her tiny companion, so far away. She reached down and lifted Jack off the ground, holding him up to her face and kissing him. "I'm fine."
She looked around at the ceiling and walls that had enclosed around her. With a thought, the walls retreated backwards, expanding away from Alex as the ceiling raised itself until it was high enough for Alex to stand tall again, with plenty of room to spare. With one final spurt, Alex shot up to over 11 feet tall as she walked her way to the bedroom, Jack following close behind.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=13593