Perks of Science by LargerThanLif3
Summary: Hanford University student Adam Gentry is mysteriously shrunken while working on a new growth serum for crops. With the assistance of his colleague Mara Danvers, he hopes to find a way to return to normal size.
Categories: Unaware, Giantess, Instant Size Change Characters: None
Growth: None
Shrink: Nano (1/2 in. to 2.5 nanometers)
Size Roles: F/m
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6957 Read: 4510 Published: August 29 2023 Updated: August 30 2023

1. Hanford's Brightest by LargerThanLif3

2. Rotten Wood by LargerThanLif3

3. Journeys by LargerThanLif3

Hanford's Brightest by LargerThanLif3

Nestled in the lower eastern wing of the expansive Hanford University campus, the student laboratory was a sanctuary of scientific endeavor. Adam, hunched over a fume hood, was deeply engrossed in a complex chemical mixture. His pipette moved with surgical precision, releasing droplets into a swirling beaker when a subtle knock on the door briefly fractured his concentration.

Swiveling around, Adam's eyes met the tired but magnetic gaze of Mara, his co-lab assistant. She struggled through the door balancing a teetering mountain of textbooks, her lab coat streaked with curious substances, and her hair twisted into a disheveled bun.

"Oh hey, didn't expect to see you here." Mara blurted out, her eyes widening in genuine surprise. "Last I heard, you were on some kind of sabbatical, MIA for weeks."

"Yeah, I've been around lately," Adam began, returning the pipette to its stand. "I got roped into teaching the freshman introductory courses, not my first choice, to be honest. On top of that, I'm now the designated tutor for the dean’s daughter. She's new this semester."

"You're the guy they call for that?" Mara chuckled sarcastically.

"That 'dean' guy was pretty insistent." Adam smiled and his gaze swept across the lab, falling upon the near-empty shelves and the chalkboard filled with complex chemical equations. "Looks like you all have been up to your necks in work."

Mara sighed and set the stack of textbooks on an already cluttered table. "You could say that. We've been nose-deep in this groundbreaking synthetic material. It has the kind of medical technology applications that could redefine surgery, wound care, maybe even prosthetics. But it's been a beast to work with. We can't get the thing to bind properly."

She moved closer to Adam’s workspace, her eyes flicking down to the liquid swirling in the beaker in front of him. "And what do we have here?" She asked, her voice tinged with curiosity as she grinned at him. "Looks like you've got a secret project of your own."

Adam grinned sheepishly, his excitement giving way to a more sober mood. "I'm excited. I've been mixing various plant bases with specially formulated acids. It's a growth serum; if I can get it right, it could really speed up crop production, like-completely revolutionizing the agriculture industry."

Mara leaned in, her eyes narrowing to examine the glass beaker that rested in the fume hood. "Risky, but cool."

Adam chuckled, clearly pleased that Mara was intrigued. "Science always is. I've been isolating compounds from this rare Amazonian plant, Karamangi, that has shown unique growth properties. By manipulating its cellular structure with different acidic solutions, I'm hoping to create a stable, yet potent serum. This batch right here," he motioned to the beaker, "is what I believe to be the golden formula."

Before Adam could complete his sentence, the liquid in the beaker erupted in a burst of foam and splatters. The glass shattered violently, and Adam was doused with the unstable solution.

"Ah, God! I didn't expect that to—" Adam's voice broke as he clumsily reached for the lab tissue, only managing to smear the substance across his face further. His eyes filled with a panicked urgency as he darted to the sink. He turned on the faucet, hastily splashing water onto his face and hands in an attempt to dilute the solution.

Mara grabbed a clean lab towel from a nearby shelf and quickly moved to Adam. "Jesus, you've got to be more cautious, Adam," she admonished, her voice tinged with worry.

"I know, I know," Adam muttered, clearly annoyed yet also concerned. He shut off the faucet, his hands trembling slightly. "Volatile, hm."

"Clearly." Mara leaned in for a closer look, her eyes narrowing with concern as they traced the contours of Adam's face. The delicate skin around his cheeks and forehead was inflamed, mottled with shades of pink and red that hadn't been there moments before. It looked as though it was on the verge of breaking into an angry rash. Her eyebrows knitted together in a tight frown, reflecting her escalating worry. "Your skin's looking pretty irritated." She pointed at his cheek.

Adam gingerly touched his cheek, wincing at the burning sensation. The skin felt taut, abnormally warm to his own touch. But before he could fully comprehend the irritation on his face, a startling transformation began to unfurl. Adam's body started to condense, rapidly losing mass and volume. His clothes, once snugly fit, began to sag around him, like a tent collapsing in on itself.

His voice quivering, he stammered, "Holy hell, Mara, something's gone horribly wrong. I'm shrinking!"

Mara looked down, her eyes widening in a mixture of disbelief and deepening concern. Her lips parted, ready to shout for help, when Adam abruptly vanished from sight, engulfed by the very fabric of the clothes he had just been wearing.

Desperation gripped Mara as she frantically scanned the floor, shouting Adam's name. Her eyes darted to and fro until they caught sight of a miniature figure clambering out of a crumpled heap of clothing. Astonishingly, Adam was now no taller than an ant.His voice quivering, he stammered, "Something's gone horribly wrong, hasn't it?"

Mara looked down, her eyes widening in a mixture of disbelief and deepening concern. Her lips parted, ready to shout for help, when Adam abruptly vanished from sight, engulfed by the very fabric of the clothes he had just been wearing.

Desperation gripped Mara as she frantically scanned the floor, shouting Adam's name. Her eyes darted to and fro until they caught sight of a miniature figure clambering out of a crumpled heap of clothing. Astonishingly, Adam was now no taller than an ant.

"Adam!" Mara gasped, her voice thick with incredulity and shock. She lowered her head to the floor level to get a closer look at the minuscule being that was once her lab partner.

"I'm... naked," Adam's voice squealed, now an octave higher due to his reduced size. Scrambling like a tiny hermit crab, he sought refuge under his lab coat, trying to shield himself from Mara's scrutinizing gaze.

Mara blinked several times, her mind racing to catch up with the surreal event unfolding before her. "Yes," she finally managed to say. "You're so, inconceivably tiny and vulnerable." Her voice tapered off into a whisper, laden with awe and a touch of sadness.

Adam managed to drape a sliver of his oversized coat around his shrunken form, trying to cover his naked member as best as he could. Adam lifted his eyes toward Mara, his perspective now so distorted that she seemed to loom like a skyscraper, an overwhelming figure framed by the sterile fluorescent lighting of the lab. "I've honestly no idea," he stammered, his voice now a tiny, high-pitched murmur, tinged with a blend of resignation and a smidgen of awe. "But we've got to solve this. I'd rather not vanish into atomic obscurity!"

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Mara's eyes darted to the lab table where she spotted a pair of delicate scissors and a tube of glue. With calculated precision, she snipped a small fragment of soft fabric from a cleaning cloth. Her fingers, enormous by comparison, deftly manipulated the tiny textile into a makeshift robe, something that might offer Adam a semblance of dignity amid this chaotic situation.

"Here, a robe for you. A touch of elegance for a tiny man in a big world," Mara grinned as she gently placed the makeshift garment near Adam, who now resembled a miniature adventurer lost in a surreal landscape rather than a hapless victim of scientific misadventure.

Adam's minuscule face brightened, momentarily pushing aside the bizarre reality of the situation, "Thank you," he piped, his words soaked in gratitude yet still shadowed by shock.

"We should get you off the floor," Mara whispered, her voice tinged with a newfound tenderness and worry. She reached down to pick Adam up, her fingers trembling ever so slightly as they closed around him. A wave of fear swept through her body, the acute realization of Adam's fragility causing her hands to hesitate for a split second.

Adam, ever so small but radiating an air of trust, looked up at the colossal visage of Mara, his eyes meeting hers. He nodded in assent, placing his minute existence in her hands—literally. Mara's fingers closed gently around his tiny frame, the enormity of his unprecedented situation sinking deeply into her thoughts. Every movement felt monumental, fraught with the possibility of harm. In her palm, Adam looked impossibly delicate.

Mara navigated her way through the myriad of lab equipment to her designated workbench. There, she gently unfolded her fingers and meticulously set Adam down on the polished surface of the table, as if he were an invaluable specimen for some groundbreaking experiment. Overhead, a precision lamp cast a halo of soft, diffused light, transforming the workbench into a miniature stage with Adam as its lone performer.

The warm glow from the lamp bathed Adam's face, highlighting every feature and making him appear almost ethereal. His miniature visage was spotlighted, the light amplifying the vulnerability of his shrunken form. Adam squinted against the illumination, his pupils constricting into tiny pinpoints. He lifted his arm, no thicker than a pencil lead, as if it could shield him from the overbearing luminescence.

"So tiny, so incredibly helpless," she mumbled, the words slipping from her lips as if in a trance, more a soliloquy for her own befuddlement than a comment intended for Adam.

His face twisted into a look of chagrin. "You've made that observation already," Adam retorted, his voice having lost its natural baritone resonance, now oscillating with an uneasy, high-pitched timbre that reverberated across the table like the erratic pings of a pinball machine. "If it's all the same to you, let's refrain from harping on my current...diminished status, please?"

From Adam's shrunken perspective, Mara looked positively titanic, as if she had metamorphosed into an all-powerful deity. The curve of her smile seemed to stretch across horizons, and the flicker of amusement in her eyes appeared as twin planets of bemusement. "Of course," she said, her voice reverberating like a divine proclamation as her eyes shifted toward the emergency phone mounted on the wall. "The authorities should be alerted at once."

"Authorities? Absolutely not." Adam's voice broke, transformed into a tinny squeal that ricocheted the table. He scurried in frenetic circles, a tiny figure darting around an immense, almost planetary landscape. His minuscule heart was pounding. "No police," he reiterated, almost gasping the words out.

Mara's brow furrowed, arching high above him like a monument. "And why not?" Her voice was a booming echo in his tiny ears, making his minuscule frame tremble.

Adam came to a sudden halt, halting his agitated pacing on the tabletop. "My condition will become a sensation. We'll be overrun by journalists, scientists, and every curiosity-seeker in the country," he stammered, his voice imbued with an earnest tension.

Mara's voice reached a higher pitch, resonating with frustration that seemed to shake the very air around him. "What are you suggesting we do? Someone must be able to reverse this."

Adam looked up, his eyes filled with a blend of vulnerability and earnestness, magnified tenfold given his current stature. "You're that someone," he implored. His upturned face took on an expression of intense beseeching, his eyes almost glistening under the harsh lab light. "You're one of Hanford's brightest. If anyone can figure this out, it's you."

For a few protracted moments, Mara's face seemed unreadable, her eyes reflecting a swirl of conflicting thoughts and emotions. Finally, her expression softened, albeit reluctantly. "Labeling me as your only hope is both cowardly and unfair," she chided.

Adam maintained his upward gaze, his miniature face a token of desperate pleading. "Mara, I don't want to end up as a lab rat, dissected or injected with who-knows-what in some sterile box."

Mara, her voice now tinged with exasperation that felt as palpable as a storm cloud, retorted, "We ,may very well have to experiment on you anyway to restore you back to size"

She scrutinized him for another long second, her face scrunched in deep contemplation as if she were solving the most complex math problem in existence. Finally, she let out a sigh that seemed to Adam like a gust of wind capable of knocking him off his feet. "Fine. Where do we begin?"

Rotten Wood by LargerThanLif3

Feeling a palpable shift in Mara's demeanor, Adam allowed his minuscule muscles to slacken ever so slightly, their tension melting away like ice under a hot sun. "Well," he began, his voice no louder than a mouse's squeak, yet tinged with a newfound trace of levity. "The best course of action would be a regression attempt via organic methods, as opposed to that calamitous chemical debacle." He paused, seemingly pleased with his own eloquence despite the volume of his voice. "The Karamangi plant should be in the storage room; I've seen it there before."

Mara's eyes darted toward the direction of the storeroom—a dark chamber filled with shelves of vials, herbs, and arcane instruments. Her gaze returned to Adam's tiny form, her mind churning like a stormy sea. The laboratory, cluttered and filled with potential hazards, seemed like a labyrinthine minefield to someone of his current size. Her eyes flickered across the laboratory space, visibly agitated as she contemplated the looming challenges and debated her next move. Her lips tightened, a physical manifestation of her internal struggle, as her brows stitched together in a tapestry of worry and indecision. At last, her expression solidified into one of resolve. "You're coming with me," she announced, her tone imbued with the firmness of a final judgment.

"Do you think that's entirely necessary?" Adam queried, his voice embroidered with a blend of incredulity and a whiff of annoyance.

Mara's reply was a single, unequivocal word, spoken with the sternness of a parent warning a wayward child. "Yes."

Adam tried to push back. "We're the only ones in the lab. There's minimal risk, really. Besides, my main concern is that you might drop me." His voice conveyed both a sense of jest and a nuanced undertone of petulance.

Mara lowered herself, leaning in until her gargantuan face loomed like a moon in the sky, filling Adam's entire field of vision. She cocked her head to one side, scrutinizing him with a gaze so penetrating it felt almost tactile. Her lips drew into an exaggerated pout of skepticism, one that teetered on the edge of open disapproval.

Caught in the tractor beam of her stare, Adam swallowed audibly, the minuscule gulp echoing like a distant drum in the cavernous lab. "Alright, fine," he conceded.

With painstaking care, Mara's fingers—each one a towering column from Adam's perspective—descended to grasp him gently around his fragile torso. She lifted him from the tabletop, holding him close to her chest, nestled softly against the curving landscape of her cleavage.

Adam's muffled voice came forth as if from a cave. "Wow, quite warm, so soft, almost like—"

Anticipating the likely irreverent direction Adam's sentence was heading, Mara chose to let his words hang unfinished in the air. She took purposeful strides toward the storeroom, her focus laser-sharp on the task ahead: to locate the Karamangi plant that might hold the key to resolving this unimaginable predicament. As Mara carried Adam closer to her, an olfactory blanket of her perfume enveloped him—sweet florals laced with an undercurrent of spicy musk. It was an intoxicating scent, one that, under different circumstances, might have been utterly mesmerizing. But now, it was a reminder of his vulnerable state, a tickling sensation that stirred up an unsettling cocktail of dread and wonder in his miniature frame. Each step she took sent a quiver of pleasant yet ominous shivers through his body, like the soft petals of a Venus flytrap brushing against its ensnared prey.

"Ack," Adam gasped, suddenly enveloped in warm, cushiony darkness. He was compressed between two fleshy mounds that felt like soft boulders—Mara's ample breasts cocooning him as she made a swivel toward the entrance of the storeroom. He was all but smothered, the enveloping curves pressing in on him like a tight grotto, the scent of her skin intoxicatingly overpowering at such close quarters. From above, he sensed Mara's eyes narrowing into slits of concentration; her enormous visage a towering column of focus and determination, aimed at safely navigating the twisting path to the storeroom.

Her free hand reached out to clasp the doorknob, the gilded fixture looking akin to a colossal artifact in Adam's eyes. As she began to twist it open, an unforeseen phenomenon jolted through him—a staggering resonance that pulsed through his minuscule frame like a seismic wave. Adam realized, his eyes widening in alarm, that this was Mara's voice, its soundwaves amplified to gargantuan proportions within the confines of her chest, reverberating like a volcanic rumble through the valley of her cleavage. His ears tingled, the sensation edging toward pain, as the vibrations washed over him, rippling through his fragile bones and sinews as though he were at the epicenter of a personal earthquake.

"Christ. Of course, cluttered with equipment," Mara's voice thundered from the heavens, each word a hulking slab that seemed to vibrate the very air around him.

"Pardon? I can't quite hear you, what with the mountainous landscape suffocating my eardrums," Adam squealed.

"I said, there's too much equipment in our way. I'll have to sidestep around it," Mara retorted, her voice a sonic boom of reverberating syllables, so powerful it felt as though they could disintegrate the microscopic world in which Adam now lived.

With cautious steps, Mara entered the dimly lit storeroom, its air thick with a musty blend of aged paper and stale air, like the hidden chamber of an old library. A single fluorescent light flickered hesitantly to life above, its wan light casting the room in a sepulchral glow, as if the room were a tomb.

Cradled securely within the depths of Mara's voluptuous bosom, Adam found himself in a paradoxical world of comfort and vulnerability. As she took cautious steps through the storeroom, the environment around him shifted unsettlingly. The ceiling and walls seemed to close in, as if the room were a shrinking sarcophagus. In this distorted perspective, shelves and storage crates towered ominously like ancient towers, their shadows stretching and contorting with each flicker of the lone fluorescent bulb. To Adam, Mara's breast was more than just a fleshy housing—it echoed, magnifying each of her footfalls into seismic events. Each step sent a ripple of vibrations cascading around him, like shockwaves from a sonic bomb, jarring his tiny body so forcefully it felt as though his organs were being churned into a quivering mush.

"I think I can hear your heart. I believe it's trying to escape the confines of your chest cavity." Adam's words sounded distant to his own ears as he attempted to speak at a volume higher than the tinnitus-inducing booms emanating from above.

"You've not stop talking since you became micro-sized," Mara commented dryly. "Not that you were a silent fellow in the first place. But now it's as if you've been possessed by some old chatterbox."

Adam's reply was little more than an unintelligible mutter, drowned out by the ambient noise and serving as a meek banner of his lingering displeasure.

Mara scanned her surroundings, taking note of the narrow pathway she'd have to navigate through the storage area, and the stacks of equipment, tables, and lab stations that were strewn about the room. Her eyes swept the area, looking for anything that resembled the plant Adam had mentioned. She found it a few moments later: A potted plant that stood in a corner of the room, a twisted mass of bristling green vines with lavender-colored buds dotting its length. She felt a surge of hope as her eyes locked on her target. She stepped forward with deliberate care, her arms extended on both sides. Adam felt a quiver of nervous energy from her body as they took careful steps forward.

As Mara neared the plant, the pungent, woody odor of its leaves struck Adam, assaulting his senses. He recoiled from its overpowering presence, scrunching his tiny nose as though he were encountering the world's worst stench. He couldn't help but squirm, wriggling in an effort to free himself from his breast prison.

"Oh, why'd it have to be this awful thing." he asked. "It reeks of rotten wood."

Mara shot a quizzical glance at Adam's squirming form, a question on her lips that went unvoiced. Her thoughts shifted back to the Karamangi plant. If what Adam had said was true, she realized she couldn't let it go. Her eyes, brimming with determination, locked on the plant like a raptor's sighting its prey. She extended a single hand out to grab the plant, the movement so fluid it looked almost instinctive.

"Wait, wait. Mara no!" Adam called frantically after her.

In one swift motion, she grasped the Karamangi, wrapping her long, delicate fingers around its rough stalk. As the plant made contact with her skin, the entire surface of its body exploded with a sudden flash of dust, and the air was filled with a choking, woody stench. A thick, acrid haze enveloped Mara like a mist, her face becoming almost lost in a cloud of fumes. Her eyes watered, the tears streaking down her cheeks in tiny rivulets that flowed to the ground below. She could feel a sharp, burning pain where she'd come into contact with the plant.

The pot tumbled from her hands, tipping over onto its side. Vile-smelling soil and small fragments of its pot spilled out, and the Karamangi remains tumbled onto the floor in an inanimate heap.

"Jesus. You could've told me the plant didn't take kindly to being touched." She gasped violently. Her eyes continued to stream and burn from the toxic cloud that lingered.

Adam squinted from his perch within the confines of her cleavage, trying in vain to see past the haze. He felt the familiar quiver of Mara's fingers, an immediate prelude to being lifted to her face, and braced himself as he ascended from the bosomy crevasse of his makeshift hideaway. He emerged from Mara's chest to be met with an astonishing sight. Her cheeks were flushed pink, and her eyes were moist, bloodshot, and puffy—a vivid testimony to the Karamangi plant's defenses.

"Oh my, Mara. Are you all right?" he exclaimed, his voice a mix of shock and concern.

She turned away with a visible flinch, wincing in pain. Her breath came in jagged gasps, as if she'd run a marathon. "No," she muttered between sharp breaths.

Adam's brows stitched together with worry as his tiny frame vibrated with nervous energy. "You need to wash your face!," he squeaked. "The plant is highly toxic."

"I know!" she barked with an audible trace of irritation. She spun around, the rapid movement causing Adam's head to spin with it, before striding with purpose out of the storage room. She rushed through the laboratory with heavy footfalls, her legs taking long, powerful steps. She arrived at the sinks within a matter of moments, flinging her hand beneath a faucet. She cranked the handle to full blast and allowed the icy torrent to wash over her. Her face contorted from the chill, yet she allowed it to flow uninterrupted. Unexpectedly, Adam fell free from her chest, tumbling with a cry and splashing into the pooling water with a tremendous splash.

As Mara turned the faucet off, a flurry of bubbles popped from the stream and gathered Adam's miniscule body into the stream of water. He broke the surface, his face red and drenched in cold water, his eyes afire with indignation. He looked more akin to a drowned kitten than an esteemed scientist.

"Mara!" he called as the downpour led him to the drain. His voice grew in pitch to that of an outraged toddler as he began his descent to the drain.

Mara spun, the abrupt movement causing a strand of her wet hair to whip against her face. She squinted her eyes as she tried to see Adam amidst the swirling currents. With a flick of her fingers, she reached into the drain, fishing him out and lifting him from the flow. "Almost lost you there," she gasped, cradling him gently as he lay wet and shivering against her palm. She glanced down at his sodden form, completely naked. The water had washed off the cloth on him, revealing his lithe figure and small, pouting member. She raised a curious brow at it as it stood out like a minute erect antenna.

Adam glanced down to find himself completely exposed. A rush of red flooded his cheeks and ears as he spied the tiny appendage rising from a patch of his pubes, like an engorged mole burrowing out of the earth. He blushed so intensely he feared he might explode in a burst of blood. "Um..." He swallowed nervously as the tip of his penis continued to swell.

Mara smirked at it, amused by the little penis' display, but said nothing as she made her way to a counter. With care, she set Adam on the surface before heading off to find a paper towel. He took a seat, the wooden surface smooth against his buttocks as he felt the residual moisture of the water on his skin, sending a cool shiver through his frame. Mara returned moments later with a damp paper towel in hand, holding it out toward Adam like a blanket. She offered him a reassuring smile.

Adam looked from Mara to the towel, then back again. "What am I to do?"

"Wipe off with it, obviously," she responded curtly, holding it out expectantly. "Here. Let me do it. I can be gentler than you, after all." She extended it forward.

"Really? Gentler? Wiping me off is practically..." he said as Mara brought the towel up to him. Her motions were slow, meticulous, as if she were polishing a fine china plate. Adam could feel the damp rough fabric of the paper towel press into his skin. She was, indeed, surprisingly gentle with him as her movements brushed along his arms and torso. She leaned forward, and he felt her hot breath caress his ear as she gave a faint sigh of pleasure. The towel brushed down the curve of his spine and over the curves of his rear end. He gave an audible groan at her touch, his legs tensing at the unexpected intimacy. He reached and ripped off a small corner of the towel, wrapping it around his groin.

"What now?" she asked.

"You tell me." he answered with a wry grin.

Journeys by LargerThanLif3

Clad in a paper towel fashioned into a makeshift gown, cinched securely around his waist, Adam experienced a resurgence of comfort and a shield against vulnerability. His earlier mortification had dissipated, replaced by a smile that gradually reclaimed its rightful place on his face. His thoughts now flitted urgently to the Karamangi plant—their only lead in reversing his accidental miniaturization. A chinook of hypotheses and contingencies spun in his mind, each vying for priority as he pondered the logistics of regaining his original stature without the immediate availability of a test specimen. Poised on the brink of vocalizing these thoughts, he parted his lips to speak.

Mara lifted her hand, preemptively forestalling Adam's speech before it could even begin. "Considering the lateness of the hour, why don't we tackle this tomorrow?" She suggested, her smile softening the edges of her words. "I can create a makeshift bed for you on my kitchen counter."

Adam's eyes darted around the room, a subtle wave of panic washing over him at the thought of spending a night perched precariously on a countertop. His gaze settled on his own desk—an inviting jumble of plush cloth, disarrayed papers, and a smattering of writing tools. "How about my desk? It's more familiar, perhaps we can set up my sleeping area there."

Mara swiftly dismissed his proposal, her voice resolute and unwavering. "I'd be more comfortable if we headed to my own home for the night," she declared, not granting him a moment's consideration.

The prospect of isolation, of lying alone on a compact wooden slab in this unfamiliar, elephantine world, intensified his sense of vulnerability. The mere thought of spending a night enveloped by darkness, isolated from the only sense of scale and normality he had left, sent a chill cascading down his spine.

Detecting the apparent anxiety mirrored in Adam's eyes, Mara swiftly reassessed her statement. "It'll be safer this way," she said, her voice now tinged with a hint of softness. "We don't want to risk you being accidentally discovered and crushed. Besides, having your shrunken company would be nice."

Adam weighed her amended proposal, grappling briefly with his reservations before acquiescing. "Fair enough," he conceded, unable to escape the underlying logic of her words.

With a touch that was nearly affectionate, Mara carefully lifted Adam from the tabletop, cradling his small form in her hand before gently nestling him back into the protective enclave of her bosom. His makeshift toga, woven from a towel, clung to his frame as if it were a second skin, offering a semblance of modesty in his otherwise defenseless state.

As she moved, her strides were imbued with her signature confidence, transforming what might have felt to Adam like a fearsome stampede of hooves in different circumstances into something akin to the soothing resonance of far-off thunder booms. With each step, Mara's heartbeat seemed to crescendo in both tempo and force, reverberating through her chest and into the tiny cavity where Adam lay nestled. This rhythmic escalation sparked his curiosity, leaving him to ponder what complex emotions or contemplations might be percolating within the mind of his towering, Amazonian, coworker.

The moment they stepped outside, Adam was greeted by the invigorating clasp of the evening air. However, the initial thrill soon gave way to a biting chill as a nippy wind sliced through him. It left him shivering uncontrollably, his muscles tensing up as if trying to shield themselves from the icy gusts that seemed all the more frigid given his tiny size. Quickening her steps with renewed urgency, Mara covered the distance to her vehicle in what felt like the blink of an eye. With a tenderness belying her speed, she carefully nestled Adam into the cozy sanctuary formed by the right cup of her shirt—a chrysalis of fabric and warmth. Once assured of his relative comfort, she vaulted into the driver's seat with an agile grace, fired up the engine, and commenced the journey back to their haven of a home.

Mara immediately noticed his distress and muttered a self-reproach, her voice tinged with regret. "Should've wrapped you up more snugly," she chided herself softly. Adam couldn't help but flash a grateful grin, knowing that if she had foreseen the harshness of the elements, she would've enveloped him in layers of warmth, effectively swaddling him up to his eyeballs in cozy insulation.

"Thanks for helping me, Mara. If you hadn't shown up, I may as well have been..."

"Mara. Had you not arrived when you did, I might very well have found myself..."

Adam's voice trailed off, leaving the sentence to hang in the air like a low-hanging storm cloud, its contents pregnant with unspoken dread. Mara, picking up on the unsettling implication veiled in his incomplete thought, chose not to dwell on the shadow it cast. Instead, she met his tentative gratitude with a simple but sincere, "You're welcome."

The car journey unfolded in a contemplative hush, punctuated only by the steady purring of the engine and the muted symphony concerto of city sounds that filtered through the vehicle's windows. As Mara expertly navigated the convoluted roads, Adam found himself engulfed in the city's nocturnal splendor. From his miniature perspective, the urban sprawl unfurled as a radiant effulgent mosaic from neon lights and glowing billboards. It was a view he had never before experienced—each fleeting spectacle a brief, twinkling treasure set against the velvet backdrop of the night.

The lights smeared across his field of vision in swirling dances of color, appearing and disappearing like fireflies in a summer field. The skyscrapers loomed like colossal guardians. As they drove, the illuminated faces of clocks, digital billboards, and storefronts morphed into transient constellations that decorated the cityscape, casting their ambient glow in ripples across the car's interior.

"Tell me about your time in Morocco. I've always dreamed of going there." Adam's words punctuated the serene atmosphere with a sudden, yearning fervor, as if he had just broken the surface of a tranquil pond. Rather than being taken aback, Mara found his abrupt inquiry endearing. It pleased her that he was eager to engage in conversation, and her mind swiftly unspooled memories, as if flipping through the pages of a beloved, handwritten journal.

With the intimacy of sharing a cherished keepsake, Mara narrated her Moroccan odyssey. She evoked the embrace of the sun, how its golden rays had kissed her skin in a sultry, loving caress. She brought to life the symphonic blend of scents that filled the air—freshly tilled soil, incense, and a tantalizing array of spices—that playfully pricked at her senses with each inhalation. She recounted the culinary landscape, the harmonic marriage of savory and sweet, of lamb and apricots, of mint tea and honey.

The journey flew by in what felt like no time at all as her soothing, hypnotic voice cast its spell.

"Rabat was a dream. It's like nowhere else I've ever been." she said, a fondness seeping into her voice as her tone shifted from narrative to nostalgia.

"How about a funny story?"

"Funny stories..." Mara began as she stroked her chin in thought. Her mind traveled to her past exploits, her thoughts soon alighting upon a particularly noteworthy occasion. "Once, while hiking, I found myself in the middle of a desert with an empty canteen and the sun. My tongue was practically dust, and I thought my face might get sandblasted."

"What were you doing out there alone?" Adam asked, shocked at Mara's story. He found himself growing excited as the tale continued to unfold in his mind.

Mara continued, her words a calm contrast to the images they painted in his mind. "Well, I was walking down this desert path in my flip-flops with nothing but the clothes on my back. I couldn't even remember how I'd gotten there. You just, lose yourself sometimes, or, in my case, allow yourself to be lost."

"I suppose so," Adam agreed, remembering the many times he had let himself become lost in a task at the expense of paying attention to what was going on around him. It was something he'd been working on lately, as he realized that by allowing himself to get distracted so often, he was losing opportunities to interact with and connect with people who cared for him.

"Eventually, I was picked up by some people who'd been traveling around. They were lovely folks, a couple from England on vacation, who insisted I come with them for lunch at their hotel. It was a great time. We drank sangria, and ate salty, fatty food." She chuckled to herself at the memory.

Adam grinned along with her. "Potentially dying in the desert to sangria and fatty food. Wow." he said.

Mara's abode was a picture-perfect embodiment of pastoral idyll—a quaint cottage that seemed to spring forth from the fertile ground of a childhood fantasy. It was an architectural of earthen elegance, with walls that appeared less like traditional stone and timber and more like living canvases, lavishly textured with moss and climbing ivy. This rustic haven stood as the crowning jewel in the center of an expansive, impeccably groomed lawn that unfurled in all directions like a verdant sea, creating an aura of secluded serenity.

"Come on then, let's get you inside, " Mara said, lifting Adam into the air in the palm of her hand. With an effortless hop, she bounded from the vehicle to the front door, landing on the porch with nary a thump. A key twisted, the door opened, and the duo slipped inside.

Adam found himself ensconced in the cozy confines of an airy foyer—a spacious haven, warm with light. It was a home in which he felt wholly comfortable and at ease. Ahead, the main hall stretched before him like a regal hallway, a foyer, and a parlor all at once. It was a hub of activity and hospitality, adorned with an assortment of vases and potted plants, vibrant artwork, and even the occasional table or chair.

As Adam peered through the spacious, arched windows, the room itself appeared to unfold and blossom, a grand flower with glass petals, its interior bursting forth to the lush expanse of a well-kempt yard, the evening sky, and beyond. Mara, her head tilted in amusement at Adam's entranced gaping, set off in search of a temporary dwelling.

"I suppose I'll have to figure something out for you to sleep on," she murmured to herself, more as a prompt than a declaration, as if trying to get the creative gears in her brain moving.

"No need for complication, a small pillow with something light to cover me will work." he responded with an upbeat tone, but with a slight sense of unease in his voice as well. "Just something so that I can sleep a bit. Then we can get back to work tomorrow."

Mara looked at Adam and then to his handcrafted, paper towel gown. "A pillow and a cover sounds perfect. I have just the thing," she said with a smile. "I'll be back in just a second." She walked off, and he could hear her moving around in a nearby room, opening a drawer, and then closing it. He waited. The seconds ticked by as he patiently bided his time, the ticking of a nearby clock acting as an unwelcome reminder of the fleetingness of the hour. He wanted to call out, to inquire as to her whereabouts, to ask her if everything was okay, but he knew at his miniature size, it would be in vain. So, instead, he remained where he was, and continued to wait.

A few moments passed and he could hear her footsteps again, this time drawing nearer. As she approached, Adam felt his heart beginning to beat faster, his chest rising and falling ever so slightly with each breath he took. The sound of her footsteps became louder and louder, and as she came closer, he could feel his body temperature beginning to rise as well. He could sense a feeling of nervousness building up within him as she moved toward where he stood. He didn't know why he was feeling this way, but he was.

When Mara finally came back into view, Adam couldn't help but smile at the sight of her. She looked amazing. The top of her blouse hung loosely from her body, its top button undone, exposing just enough to give Adam a hint at what was hidden underneath. Her dark brown hair cascaded down the sides of her face and hung over her shoulders. Her face was covered in a thin layer of perspiration that gave her an air of sensuality and passion that he found quite attractive.

"Are you okay?" she asked. "I didn't take that long, did I?" She gave a playful smirk.

Adam smiled, but the look on his face betrayed him.

Mara moved in close to Adam, her breasts heaving in her low cut top, the soft fabric stretching slightly with every movement. "Well, what can I help you with? Are you ready to sleep?

Adam stared into her eyes, feeling lost in her gaze. She had such a strong personality and so much confidence that it was hard not to get sucked into her presence. He wanted to say something, anything to try and break the spell she had put him under. But nothing came to mind.

Adam found himself lost in Mara's eyes, transfixed by her magnetic gaze. Her face was inches from his own, close enough to feel the warmth of her breath, and she smiled.

"Adam. Are you alright?" she asked in a gentle tone that was somehow still powerful enough to pull him back into reality. "You seem very distracted."

"Yes," Adam replied, still a little shaken from her proximity and his sudden jolt back to the present.

"Are you sure?" Mara pressed.

"I think so," Adam responded. "It's just, well... it's nothing."

"No, really," she insisted. "Tell me what you were thinking."

Adam felt a sense of excitement begin to bubble up from within his stomach and work its way upwards until it was all but bursting through his chest. "I was just thinking how nice it was to have a moment alone with you. Like we are now." He swallowed hard and continued, "Despite the situation, I enjoy our time together."

Mara raised her eyebrow, her gaze darting down to her breasts, the curve of which peeked out from under her shirt, the skin glistening with a hint of moisture from the sweat of their earlier labor. "Is that right?" she asked.

Adam nodded. He couldn't believe his luck. Here was Mara, one of his coworkers, standing right in front of him. She had invited him into her home and was offering to let him stay with her overnight. The circumstances differ from the usual way these kinds of things unfold, but regardless, she seemed to be enjoying his company as well.

Adam stepped forward, closing the gap between them, his heart pounding in his chest as he took her hands in his, her warm fingers laced with his own.

The atmosphere became charged with the electric chemistry between the two. He could smell the musky aroma of her perfume and the earthy scent of her sweat.

A flirtatious smile danced across her lips, her eyes flashing with excitement as she moved even closer until her face was mere inches from his. Her face was framed by her long, brown locks that were hanging over her shoulders, cascading down the sides of her face like curtains drawn closed around the pair.

"Did you have something else in mind, Adam?" she asked playfully, her eyes locked on his.

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=13495