A Diplomatic Mission by Greenanon
Summary:

The Human Empire has sent a young nobleman and officer in it's military to provide a display of arms for their new allies, the Elven Queendom. After an unexpected miscommunication and a subsequent betrayal our hero finds himself shrunk to a few inches tall in the middle of a desolate swampland on the Elven border. All seems lost when a Lamia finds him. Is she the key to succeeding in his mission? And for that matter what might she want in return?

A gentle monstergirl harem story


Categories: Mouth Play, Giantess, Adventure, Breasts, Fantasy, Gentle, Growing/Shrinking Out of Clothes, Insertion, Body Exploration, Entrapment Characters: None
Growth: Amazon (7 ft. to 15 ft.), Brobdnignagian (51 ft. to 100 ft.), Giant (31 ft. to 50 ft.)
Shrink: Doll (12 in. to 6 in.), Lilliputian (6 in. to 3 in.), Micro (1 in. to 1/2 in.)
Size Roles: F/f, F/m, FF/m
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Untitled Greenanon Monstergirl Setting
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 59991 Read: 36460 Published: February 10 2022 Updated: May 15 2022

1. A Diplomatic Mission Pt 1: A Misadventure by Greenanon

2. A Diplomatic Mission Pt. 2: The Arachne by Greenanon

3. An Imperial Invitation Pt. 1 by Greenanon

4. An Imperial Invitation Pt 2 by Greenanon

5. An Imperial Invitation Pt 3 by Greenanon

6. An Imperial Invitation Pt. 4 by Greenanon

A Diplomatic Mission Pt 1: A Misadventure by Greenanon
Author's Notes:


Gareth rode through the streets of the forested Elven capital. The enormous trees in which the elves made their homes shaded the entire city, bathing it in a perpetual twilight that was only amplified by the orange autumn leaves. The elves only saw the noonday sun in the winter, when the massive trees were bare. The elves themselves peered out at him, their reflective eyes visible even in the darker windows.

Gareth knew very little about elves, and evidently so had the diplomats that selected him for the mission. While not landed he was a distant relative of the Emperor, and with his yellow hair and blue eyes he’d been told they hoped that his fair looks would perhaps make diplomacy with the elves easier, the idea being that he would look similar to them. These elves looked nothing like what he’d been told though, they had grey skin, piercing red eyes, and shock white hair, if not for the pointed ears he wouldn’t have thought them elves at all.

The streets seemed to clear as he rode through them, he’d been told humans were rare here but… the way people looked at him, it was like they half expected him to bear fangs and attack them. He had been promised to them as a warrior, maybe they wondered at his lack of armor? He wore a simple wool coat, brass buttons tracing across his torso, instead of lance and broadsword like the knights of old he carried a simple saber, along with a pair of heavy flintlock pistols. The elves wouldn’t know their use but a few grenades were tucked away in his saddlebags as well, though he hoped he wouldn’t need them.

Finally, he came to the palace, a large tree in the center of the city that towered over the others. Partially hollowed and covered in external dwellings it was an impressive piece of architecture, almost alien from the stone towers and cathedrals of his own homeland.

He was brought to the Queen without any issue, there couldn’t be any mistaking him for the human emissary they’d been expecting. The queen herself was taller than her subjects, with long white hair and longer robes that obscured most of her figure. She rose to greet him and seemed to glide across the throne room.

“Gareth von Berger,” she said in an almost melodic voice, “It pleases me to see the Empire send you on such short notice… but I must ask, are you all that has come?”

“I am my lady,” he said, a bit confused, “I was told that you had merely requested a demonstration of arms.”

Her lips pursed, “I requested military aid, there seems to have been… an error in communication.”

His heart picked up suddenly, had someone attacked the Elves? Was their alliance about to be tested by war? The Elven queen gave a sigh that could only be disappointment as she turned back to sit on her throne.

“Worry not,” she said, waving a hand at his fearful expression, “We are not at war. For many years now a great beast has stalked the swamps south of the city, I had hoped to have your Empire’s soldiers dispatch it. Such an action would surely impress my people and perhaps quiet doubts about this alliance.”

Not a war then, but high stakes all the same. He thought a minute while the queen regarded him in silence.

“A beast is better work for a hunter rather than an army,” he said slowly, “Perhaps I could slay this creature for you?”

The queen raised an eyebrow, “Do you have such faith in your skill at arms that you think this is possible? The creature is immune to magic.”

“Human militaries do not use magic your majesty,” he said, “gunpowder weapons have proven quite effective on even the most dangerous creatures.”

“Indeed,” the Queen mused, “the swamps are quite impassible…”

“I’ve tracked bear through the northern forests,” he insisted. “A bit of rough living will not deter me.”

“Very well,” the Queen said with a smile that made him slightly uncomfortable, “but while my commitment to friendship with your Emperor is strong my court does not feel the same. Depending on the outcome of this attempt our alliance may be… reconsidered.”



And that was how Gareth had found himself at the city’s edge, staring out into leagues of swampland, dotted here and there with the same immense trees the elves lived in, though he understood these to simply be wild growth.

“What a strange land,” he muttered.

“I’ve been to your human cities,” a woman’s voice came from behind him, “the air grows so cold the rain itself freezes, and you have the gall to call trees unnatural.”

He turned to see a short elf, coming up to his chest. She had a bow slung over her shoulder. She wore a hooded robe, and her belt was covered in small pouches.

“I am Romla Starlight, I will serve as your guide in the swamps,” she growled, “try not to die until we locate the creature.”

There was a sudden flash of crimson and a small figure landed on Romla’s shoulder, it was a short haired woman, a few inches high, with pink skin and fluttering wings. She had a dress seemingly woven out of small leaves and flower petals.

“I’m Sky!” she said excitedly, twirling in place and causing a shower of gold dust to coat Romla’s shoulder.

“Pleased to meet you,” he said, regarding the pixy. He’d heard the elven rangers worked with them, but it was strange to see one in person. She was so small…

He blinked, “Right, well I’m sure you know this already but I’m Sir Gareth, but when we’re in the field forget the Sir,” he hoped the informality would soften them a bit but the two just stared at him. He moved on quickly, “What can you tell me about this monster we’re after, a dragon perhaps? An owlbear?”

“A dragon,” Sky mocked his deep voice, “An owlbear!” Romla and the pixy shared a laugh for a minute while he fumed.

“Well then what are we dealing with?” he spat.

“Spider,” Romla said, “80 feet tall, maybe more.”

“A-A spider?” he asked nervously. He didn’t care for the creatures, he didn’t think any sane person did. He collected himself, “It’s no matter,” he insisted, “we’ll find it and put a lead ball through it’s brain.” He briefly wondered if spiders had brains. Surely they had something that you could shoot at and kill them instantly right? He’d only ever stepped on them… 80 feet tall? He’d load his guns with extra powder he told himself, they were good enough for dragons, he knew that much.

“An Arachne to be precise,” Romla said, “has a torso like common folk, and a lower half like a spider.”

“Is she intelligent?” he asked warily. A giant beast was one thing, a giant thinking creature was another matter.

“Of course not,” Romla said dismissively, “just because some of her looks like a woman doesn’t mean she is one. We’ll kill her as easily as anything else”

Romla and Sky were hanging back as they set out. As the day dragged on he found himself peeking back at them. They met his gaze icily, talking in hushed tones among themselves. He suddenly felt very aware of their eyes on his back and wondered if his simple cavalry jacket was a good idea. Why were his two guides so insistent on hanging behind him? Shouldn’t they lead the way?

He decided to try to ease his nerves by setting out a bit farther ahead of them, and told them he was simply scouting further ahead. Neither objected, but he realized his error when he realized he could no longer easily see them by just peering back.

“Hi!” came a cheerful female voice. His hand flew to his pistol and he looked for the source.

“Down here!” he peered down slowly to see what looked like a young woman’s head sticking out of a deeper part of the stagnant water, her long wet green hair pooled around her. She giggled slightly at his startled reaction. She looked… human? No, it couldn’t be, ho human had hair that color.

“A-are you a mermaid?” he asked cautiously.

“Nope!” she said in that same cheerful tone. She raised up out of the water, revealing a buxom pair of breasts barely contained by a hide top, and then below her hips the long scaly body of a snake, a vibrant green pattern ran down her scales. He realized now as he looked at her closely that she had slitted eyes, and a pair of pointed ears that lead to just a small strip of scales down the side of her cheeks, standing out from the more human looking skin. Seeing his fear she seemed to tease him by sticking out a tongue that was long and decidedly forked.

“Lamia!” he shouted, though he wasn’t sure to who. He drew the pistol and cocked it, the beast seemed confused, evidently firearms hadn’t yet been seen in this part of the world. For his part this was the first Lamia he’d ever seen, though he’d heard tales of their attacks on other kingdoms. They were said to be quite vicious… He tried to watch her without making eye contact, could they really entrance you or was that just a rumor?

“Wow, you are cute male,” she mused, slithering in circles around him, “You’re not an elf, what are you?”

“Human,” he answered nervously. He was beginning to get worried, up close he realized just how large the proportions of her body were… the human part would have made her at least nine feet tall had she stood on a set of legs to match… but that slithering tail that followed her? He wasn’t even sure how long it was. He realized that while he’d traced her torso with his pistol he’d been encircled by the scaly appendage. He had a sudden image of those coils going tight, easily crushing the life out of him.

The lamia saw his realization and smiled, “Try to relax,” she said sweetly, “let’s lower the weapon and just have a chat.”

“No,” he said, keeping his aim steady on her chest.

She shrugged, “The elf and the pixy are going to kill you, you know that right?”

He started, but tried not to give away his nervousness.

“You lie!” he spat.

“I’ve been stalking all three of you for hours,” the Lamia said, “I’ve heard them talking, the elf was going to put an arrow in your back but they’re worried about someone finding your body.” She blushed a bit, “I was thinking… maybe you could just come with me and be my husband? Then they won’t kill you, you’ll be out of their hair, everyone wins!”

His brow furrowed, “Everyone? What about me?”

The Lamia seemed slightly uncomfortable and the blush deepened, “Oh… Do you not think I’m pretty?”

THAT was not the question he’d expected. The tense coils waiting just a few feet from him seemed to slacken a bit. He felt his own hand waver at such a mundane question, for a minute she seemed less like a monster and more like a girl.

“Of course you’re… pretty,” he said hesitantly, “prettiest girl I’ve seen!” For her top half at least it was true.

Her eyes lit up, “Oh that’s great! I’m Phoebe by the way, you’ll need to know your new wife’s name. I think I heard them say yours was Gareth? Is that right?”

“Yes,” he said, raising the pistol slowly again, “Listen Phoebe, I’m not looking for… marriage right now.”

“Oh has the human found love?” Romla’s smug voice called. She walked out of the reeds, bow drawn to it’s fullest and an arrow at the ready. Sky perched on her shoulder and gave him a mocking wave. “It’s fitting that such a dirty creature would go courting swamp filth.”

“Romla!” he shouted, “There’s a Lamia, help me chase it-“

He had a split second to dodge the arrow before it whizzed by his head. The Lamia cried out in surprise and as quickly as it had come it dived back into the water with hardly a splash. With a growl he turned his pistol and fired, but Romla had already dived for cover herself.

He was about to bring his other pistol to bear when a pink blur flew around his face. He felt a sudden itching as gold dust began falling onto him. The world seemed to stretch and he gasped in shock as the ferns and swampland grew bigger around him. His clothes began to feel looser, and with a start he realized his pistol was far too heavy. His head disappeared down into his jacket and soon he was left trying to navigate the collapsing tent of his own clothes.

“Got him!” the pixy cheerfully called.

He heard Romla chuckle, and from her voice it sounded like she was moving closer, “Ah, that peculiar human reaction to pixy dust. It never gets old!” He saw a grey skinned hand larger than an ox reach down through the neck of his coat and begin fishing around for him.

With a gasp he tried to run out through the sleeve, and as he made contact with the open air he had the uncomfortable realization that he was naked.

“There he goes!” the pixy shouted, fluttering over him. He almost groaned in despair when he realized the pixy was probably bigger than him now.

With a few casual footsteps Romla caught him, and he was gripped in her calloused hand roughly and lifted up to her face.

Red eyes the size of wagon wheels regarded him with amusement, “Oh look at that, he’s so cute when he’s at a nice manageable size… I wish all humans could be like this.”

“Me too,” Sky said with a smirk, landing on her partner’s shoulder, “but it takes a ton of pixy dust to pull a shrinking curse off.”

“W-Why?” he asked, terrified.

“A lot of people are upset with the queen’s decision to ally your little empire,” The elf remarked, posing his arms and gingerly pinching his legs. “Not just in our court, yours too. Didn’t you wonder why they sent you alone instead of with a whole battalion of soldiers like the Queen wanted?” She grinned, “the story that will be told tomorrow is that the queen asked her new allies for help, they sent one stupid boy, and he immediately wandered into the swamps and got himself killed.”

“B-but we were supposed to be allies!” he protested, “Friends!”

Romla rolled her eyes, “I hate humans Gareth, and alliance with you will just mean that someday our trees will be cut down and you’ll be selling that awful swill your people drink on our street corners. The commoners might be fooled but plenty of the nobles see it the same way. After this fiasco they’ll easily move on the queen and then we’ll put someone with some sense on the throne.”

“That just leaves the question of what to do with you!” Sky said eagerly, “Oh step on him Romla! Please? I want to see him go squish!”

“An amusing idea,” the elf mused, toying with his naked form some more, “but I’d sooner step in manure than in human.” A devious grin slowly traced across her face, “No, I think I’d like to just leave you out here…”

Sky frowned, “Romla what-“

“Humans have such a hatred for nature,” Romla said, “but I think that nature is more than a match for a naked human a few inches tall, don’t you?”

“They are kind of pathetic at this size,” Sky agreed, fluttering her wings once, “he wouldn’t last ten minutes out here in the wild before becoming someone’s lunch.”

“I think that’s a more fitting end, it’ll be slow and humiliating,” Romla said, “Maybe the Lamia will get hungry and come back? Goodbye Gareth!”

With that he was flung through the air as if he were a skipped rock. Screaming he watched the reeds and mud below him and descended with a splash into the murky swampwater. Coughing and sputtering he fought his way to the surface, treading water he looked up in horror at the swamp plants that now towered overhead. His heart raced as he looked at the water, realizing he couldn’t see more than a few inches in any direction. They were right, he’d be easy pickings for any of the creatures in this swamp. In a panic he began to swim for the muddy shore.

He heard the water move behind him, what was that? A fish? A frog? His adrenaline surged and he swam faster than he ever had before. He felt despair set in, how long could he really survive at this size?

The sound from behind him grew louder and with a final grunt he threw himself forward, scurrying up into the mud. Panting he turned around, praying to whatever gods were listening that whatever creature pursued him couldn’t follow… and he was greeted by the smiling face of the Lamia from earlier.

“HI again!” she said in that same cheerfully oblivious tone. With her head sticking out of the water she looked down at him, her massive face casting a shadow over his heaving form. She frowned, taking in his small form. “Wow,” she said, “looks like the pixy really did a number on you.”

“Y-yes,” he breathed, holding an arm up in front of his face in a futile protective gesture, “The pixy… Listen Phoebe, if you help me I can give you gold-“

“They just shrank you and left you out here?” she asked, peering around.

“The elf wants me to die at nature’s hands,” he said angrily, “I think she wanted something out here to… eat me.”

The Lamia crawled out of the water towards him slightly, exposing more of her torso, “They wouldn’t have to wait long,” she said with a grin, “you’re the size of a mouse!” Her forked tongue flickered out, “I wonder if the normal rodent hunting tricks would work on you…”

“P-Phoebe?” he rasped fearfully.

She just started slowly moving towards him. He scrambled to his feet and backed away, but every time he changed direction her entire face would match move with him. He realized he was being corralled, but as she licked her lips playfully he realized that if he bolted in one direction she’d easily be on him. He was thinking over his options when his back hit a rock, he sucked in a breath involuntarily as a smug expression danced across Phoebe’s face. He flinched as her tongue flicked out and lightly danced over him, tickling his face slightly.

“Yum, WAY tastier than a mouse,” she said quietly, “Now, look right up here.” She pointed to her eyes, and not sure what option he had, he did.

“Relax,” she said in a soft voice, “just keep looking, focus on my eyes…”

He began to feel… softheaded, like he was tired almost. She edged closer, and he could feel panic somewhere, but it was like it was muted… in another room maybe.

“Tell me I’m the prettiest girl in the world,” Phoebe said, fighting the urge to giggle

“You’re the prettiest girl in the world,” he droned, and she was, if he thought about it.

“Prettier than a human woman,” Phoebe said, “Or an elf!”

“Much prettier than a human or an elf,” he agreed, he blinked and tried to gather his thoughts, was that right? An enormous finger pushed under his chin and gently guided his gaze back up to her eyes.

“Now Gareth,” she said in a saccharine tone, “don’t you want to climb into my mouth?” she asked, “it’s the prettiest mouth in the world…”

“Yes!” he breathed, it just made sense, why wouldn’t he? It would be warm and safe in there, Phoebe was warm and safe…

Phoebe opened her mouth, and like a cavern it stretched before him. He took a step forward and it was like he was walking on a cloud. Her tongue flicked out and danced over him again, and he relished the feeling as he took a second step forward, he lifted a foot to step in and-

Phoebe giggled, and it was like glass shattering. Gareth looked in horror at the giant Lamia’s face, then at the mouth he’d been about to happily clamber in to.

“By the gods!” he breathed, leaping back, “MONSTER!”

Phoebe sighed, before he could run far her hand snatched him up and squeezed him tightly in her soft fingers.

“Almost had it,” she grumbled, “I’m pretty good at the eye thing but obviously it still needs work.”
 
“Don’t eat me!” He begged, all dignity flying away, “please, I can get you gold! Weapons! Whatever you-

“I’m not going to eat you!” she laughed, “just calm down okay? I really wanted to try my trance on you! I hardly ever get to practice it on people.”

“Calm down?” He asked incredulously. Was she serious? “You just tried to get me to jump in your mouth! You’ve been… TASTING me!”

“Look, you’re my husband now so I think a little tasting is okay,” she said dismissively.

Husband? He didn’t know a lot about Lamias, but he knew they were rather infamous for kidnapping men, and the treatment of those men could be… unpleasant. He’d also heard they were savages, attacking without warning and without mercy. Phoebe was... there was no shaking it, he was terrified of her, but savage? No, she wasn’t that at least.

“Phoebe,” he began slowly, he thought how best to proceed. “You were right, my companions betrayed me. I need to get back to the Elven city to warn their queen, there is a conspiracy against her, and possibly my emperor as well.”

“Oh yeah they were a pair of snakes!” she said. Seeing his expression at the idiom she giggled, “the mean kind, not the cute fun kind. I went and got my bow to help you but by the time I got back they were gone and you were tiny.”

“I’m glad you came back,” he said, “it was very… nice of you, but I need you to get me to the city, or at least to someone who can help.”

“Nope,” she said, beginning to slither along the muddy ground. “No more elf stuff, they’re mean and they already shrank you…” She regarded him a moment and grinned, “Although I kind of like you better at this size. Much more manageable, and super cute! Perfect husband material.”

“Phoebe I need to find a way to get back to normal,” he protested. “And we need to talk about this husband thing-“

She froze, “W-what do you mean talk about it?” She asked, “I’ve got you, you’re in my hand! We’re going to go back to the village.”

“That’s not how marriage works,” he explained, “Not for humans anyway, you can’t just grab someone and say you’re married!”

“So what else do I need?” She asked thoughtfully, “I’m a civilized Lamia you know, our whole tribe is, see we even have clothes!” she pointed to the strip of hide that was barely covering her breasts and the small skirt around her waist.

“Both people have to agree for starters,” he said, “and usually the eh, man asks the er… woman.”

Her fingers released him and he suddenly found himself dangling from one arm, pinched between her thumb and forefinger. He was held directly in front of her face while she regarded him with a shrewdness he hadn’t expected.

“Okay then ask me,” she said.

“I don’t want to!” he tried to cover his groin with his free hand, but swaying from her fingers it was difficult. “This is ridiculous, YOU are being ridiculous!” he swore, “the fate of two nations is hanging in the balance and I’m the prisoner of an idiot!”

Her expression grew dark and he was suddenly very aware of his small size. She casually tossed him into the air, causing him to flail in panic as she caught him again in her open palm. Her tail coiled under her, and she looked very much like a cobra ready to strike.

“Gareth,” she said venomously, “That was not a nice thing to say to someone who came back to help you, wife or no.” Her eyes flashed and her mouth opened slightly as she hissed angrily.

“I’m sorry!” he shouted, “It’s just… I need to do what I can Phoebe, there could be a war, thousands could die!”

She softened, “Very dutiful,” she mused, “thinking of your responsibilities after the day you’ve had. Definitely perfect husband material, the other girls in the village are going to be so jealous.”

“We’re not married-“ he started again, but she raised a giant finger and pushed it to his mouth, or rather his entire face, silencing him.

“Ask me to marry you,” she said, “and I’ll get you back to your normal size.” She paused a minute and sighed, “If you want to, I’ll even help you with this thing with the elves, because that’s what a good wife would do.”

Gareth looked up at the giant Lamia’s face and suddenly felt very helpless. She seemed smug as the unspoken realization passed between them that he really had no choice.

Defeated, he got on one knee. He didn’t really have a girl he’d hoped to marry admittedly, and he hand’t thought of marriage much… but he’d never imagined his proposal would be given at a few inches tall, in the palm of a woman who was half snake.

“Phoebe,” he said slowly, almost looking for any remaining way out, “Will you… marry… me.”

“Yes of course Gareth!” she said, and he was suddenly snuggled to her cheek. He sighed in defeat as he was traced gently across her skin, making contact with the few scales that reached her cheek briefly.

“Great,” he muttered, “Well now that we’re husband and wife, you mentioned you knew how to get me back to my normal size?” If he could get that he could escape the Lamia, this whole thing would just be a bad dream… a misadventure.

“I can’t” she admitted, “But the Matriarch can! She’s really smart, she taught us all about civilization and gave us rules and stuff.”

His brow furrowed, “Is this… Matriarch a Lamia as well?” It seemed odd for one of the snakes to be so concerned with civilization and law, Lamia were savages… weren’t they?

“Well duh,” Phoebe said, “She’s the world’s smartest Lamia, we all think so anyway. Come on, let’s go see if the elf took any of your stuff.”

She gently placed him between her breasts, tightening her top slightly so they pressed against him and held him in place. They were soft, and he felt himself blushing as he realized that Phoebe was actually… well there was no denying it, she WAS a pretty girl, the parts of her that were human anyway.

As they approached the site of his betrayal, he was overjoyed to see that Romla and Sky hadn’t touched his things, his pack was still there, as were his weapons. Phoebe began gathering up his clothes and tossing them into his backpack. She stopped and looked over the weapons.

“So this made that boom sound?” She asked, hefting the pistol. She held it in her hands like a toy, reminding him again that even at his normal height Phoebe would have dwarfed him. He suddenly had a nervous thought, what if Phoebe expected him to consummate the marriage once she returned him to full size? What if… what if she didn’t intend to wait until then?

He swallowed nervously and tried to push the thought away, “Yes,” he said, “It fires a lead ball at very high speeds.”

She shrugged and tossed it in the pack with the rest, only pausing to pick up his fur hat.

“I’m keeping this!” she said excitedly, she loosened a small strap on the inside and it just barely was able to fit on her head.

“That was a gift,” he protested, “When I graduated officer’s school-“

“And now it’s a gift for your new wife!” she said, “Thanks honey!” she looked down at where he was, trapped with her breasts, and blew him a quick kiss. “All the other girls at the village are going to love it!”

The Lamia covered ground quickly, slithering over the muddy ground and through the shallow water. He was struck by just how easily she navigated the terrain, which had given him and the elf difficulties. She covered more distance in the space of an hour than his party had in an entire day, and so quietly too. It was no wonder she’d been able to stalk and spy on them so easily.

“So you’re a soldier huh?” Phoebe asked. “The Matriarch says soldiers travel a lot, you’ve probably seen some interesting places.”

“Yes, I’ve seen every great city in the Empire,” he said, “The isles, the northern wastes, this was my first time in the Elven Kingdom though…”

“Don’t worry you’ll get to see more of it,” Phoebe said reassuringly, “I mean, we’ll probably live here with the other Lamias but I’ll travel with you now and then so you don’t get bored.”

“Thanks,” he said hesitantly. It made him uncomfortable that she was already planning an entire life for them… he almost felt bad about it, he was still planning to flee the moment he was his normal size.

After another hour of travel they came to a series of teepee style tents on one of the swamp’s larger islands. As they got closer he saw a number of other Lamia moving around. They all were about Phoebe’s size, anywhere from 8 to 10 feet tall in their human parts, with lengthy snake bodies trailing behind. Another thing that struck him was the variety of colors, all of them had vibrant scales matching their hair. There were blues, deep reds, greens like Phoebe, and he saw a silver one that almost seemed to shimmer as she slithered past them.

This confused him. While he’d never encountered them himself the Lamia race was a common hazard faced in some parts of the Empire, and he’d been given a short course on them as part of his officer training. They could talk to be sure, but he’d always heard they were just a step above beasts. They were supposed to be tribal, and the instructors had told him to expect up to a dozen but no more. They were also nomadic, always trying to kidnap compatible race’s males. Seeing hundreds of them together, in a settlement no less, was unheard of.

He realized that they all seemed to be congregating near a larger tent that overshadowed every other one in the village.

“Phoebe,” he asked, “What’s going on?”

“Oh it’s speech night!” she said excitedly, “And we’re back just in time for it!”

“Speech night?” he asked.

“It’s when the Lessie, the Matriarch, comes out to talk to us!” she said. She was so excited she was practically bouncing, and from his spot in her cleavage he struggled not to fall deeper in.

The Lamia were all gathering in an open area in front of the big tent he’d seen earlier. They were all chattering excitedly, Phoebe found a spot near the back and he suddenly found himself thankful that the other Lamias didn’t seem to notice him tucked away in her shirt.

A series of drums began a steady rhythm as the crowd grew more animated. After a few minutes a curtain pulled back on the big tent and the largest Lamia he’d seen yet slithered forward to uproarious cheering.

This one was a ruby red, and in the evening light the her scales reflected brilliantly, as did her short crimson hair. She stood easily above the other Lamias, he had to guess she was at least twice Phoebe’s already large size, and while most of them appeared to be around his age this one looked a bit older… middle age maybe? Her clothes were nicer too, while most of the Lamia had hide tunics or simple cloth dresses this one wore a black dress that HAD to have been woven by someone with some skill.

“Good evening sisters!” she said loudly, holding up a hand to wave at them. “Settle down now,” she laughed, quieting the crowd.

“Today I think we should talk about The Rules,” she said, “And why we follow them.” She gave a dramatic sigh, “I know some of you have been questioning The Rules, wondering why you can’t just go off and be bad lamias…”

There was some murmuring, followed by some very snakelike hissing. With a start he realized Phoebe had been one of those doing the hissing.

“But remember though sisters!” she said with a smile, “The Gods gave us the Rules, the Rules are what make us civilized!” She slithered forward slightly, gesturing with her hands. “We don’t eat anything that talks, we don’t steal from each other, we help each other, look at this village we’ve built thanks to the Rules!”

The snake-women cheered and the Matriarch, Lessie Phoebe had said her name was, nodded in approval. She gestured to the crowed as she continued.

“No other Lamia have villages like this,” she said, “with clothes and a street, and a campfire EVERY night!” She paused to let them clap again, then she gave a slow smile, “And sisters, what will we get if we follow all of The Rules? If we are civilized?” She asked.

“Husbands!” the snakes all cheered in unison.

“That’s right!” the Matriarch said triumphantly, “Handsome and caring husbands, they’ll cook you food, they’ll rub your scales when you are sore, they’ll brush your hair!” She was working the crowd up into a frenzy, “They’ll make love to you ALL NIGHT LONG!”

As the crowd went wild Gareth had a sinking feeling. The empire comprised many religions, and he was in good standing with the Church of course, as any member of the nobility had to be. Other peoples had their own gods or customs, and he didn’t begrudge them that, but he’d seen things similar to this before. Charismatic individuals claiming to speak for the gods, promising rewards, whipping people up…

This wasn’t so much a Lamia village as it was a Lamia cult.

“And when your husbands get here-“

“When is that going to be?” Someone shouted from the back of the crowd. It was like glass shattering. Suddenly the previously cheering crowd was quiet. The Lamia matriarch went from jubilation to sudden nervousness.

“W-Well you see-“ she began.

“It’s been years Lessie!” another one shouted, “We can’t just keep waiting.”

There was some grumbling among the crowd now, Phoebe pulled him out of her top and clutched him nervously. Absently she was stroking the top of his head.

“You’ll all get husbands-“ Lessie promised, “Just follow the Rules!”

“Nobody has gotten one yet though!” another angry Lamia said.

“That’s not true!” Phoebe shouted, “I got a husband just today!”

There was a collective gasp as the crowd parted around Phoebe. Gareth felt his stomach drop as she held him up above her head for the others to see. As he dangled by one arm from Phoebe’s hand, he fought down embarrassment as hundreds of Lamias ogled him. The way they stared he could have been a cup of water in the desert.

“That’s just a doll!” someone shouted.

“No he just got hit with some Pixy dust!” Phoebe protested, “he’s real! Say hi Gareth.”

“Hello,” he said, waving weakly with his free hand. From the way the pointed ears of the crowd twitched he could tell they’d heard him.

“He’s real!” the nearest Lamia shouted excitedly, “Phoebe got a husband!”

The crowd erupted into the biggest frenzy yet as dozens of Lamia swarmed Phoebe from all sides. She laughed and protested, holding Gareth high to keep her sisters from grabbing him. A larger hand than Phoebe’s came down and plucked him up suddenly, and the world spun as he found himself face to face with the enormous slitted eyes of the Lamia Matriarch.

“Look at this girls!” She said, “The first husband has arrived!”

Down below her the other lamia still reached at him and called for her to let him down so they could see him. Several were asking to do other things with him…

“Remember the Rules!” The matriarch shouted, “No taking anyone else’s husband without asking!”

Hundreds of expectant eyes turned to Phoebe who just blushed and giggled, “I’m sorry, but I want to keep him to myself for at least a little while.”

“AWWWWWW,” a hundred voices joined in expressing disappointment as the Matriarch lowered him back down to Phoebe’s waiting hands.

“Now don’t worry, I’m sure there are more husbands coming,” the Matriarch reassured them, “Why don’t you girls go get dinner started?”

There was some grumbling but the other Lamia began slithering off in various directions. He breathed a sigh of relief as none of them did much more than glance in his direction, though a few of the winks and waves made him nervous.

“Phoebe darling,” the matriarch said slowly, “Would you and your husband join me in my tent?”

“Sure Lessie!” she said eagerly, slithering behind the larger Lamia.

Once they were inside the Matriarch drew a curtain, isolating them from view. Despite the primitive exterior the giant Lamia’s tent had a small, to her, writing desk, a number of bookshelves, and bubbling potions cooking in beakers over a series of small smokeless fires. A large parchment hung displayed from a pole, “THE RULES” scrawled on it in a scratchy script.

“Congratulations Phoebe,” Lessie said neutrally as she coiled atop a large cushion, “You’re the first in the tribe to get a husband, you must be very proud.”

“Oh I am!” she said excitedly, pointing to “her” new fur hat, “Look what he gave me?”

Lessie chuckled, “So Mr. Phoebe, what is your name?”

“Gareth,” he said, “Pleased to meet you Miss… Matriarch?”

“Everyone just calls me Lessie,” she said dismissively, “I tried the whole royal title thing for a few years and they kept slipping up.”

“Sorry Lessie,” Phoebe said apologetically.

“It’s all right Phoebe,” she said, “You know what? Humans LOVE wine, and I think there’s some at the north storage shed. Could you go get it while I ask your new husband a few questions?”

Phoebe frowned, clearly uncomfortable, but she nodded, “Yeah I’ll go get it.” Her smile returned, “Gareth tell Lessie how I saved you!” with that she handed Gareth off to the bigger Lamia again and slithered out of the tent.

Lessie smiled until she left and then her face turned serious, “Gareth,” she began, “I’m sorry to do this but we won’t have a lot of time to talk alone.”

He was about to ask what she meant, but he looked up into her enormous eyes and suddenly felt the same groggy feeling wash over him as when Phoebe had hypnotized him before. A part of him far away realized he was being entranced, but he couldn’t find it in himself to care.

“I’m your oldest and dearest friend,” Lessie said with a smile, her forked tongue dancing over her teeth briefly. “You’re so happy I found you, tell me how you got here.”

He breathed a sigh of relief. Lessie would make all of this right! She was someone who really cared about him, after a day of betrayals and setbacks someone was here who would help him, a true friend. He told her everything, about his mission to the elves, the hunt for the giant spider, the way Romla and Sky had shrunk him and left him to die. He described Phoebe glowingly, she was his new wife after all. He took a moment to talk about how he’d been scared at first, but now he was oddly attracted to her. He wondered what his parents would think and he and Lessie shared a friendly laugh.

Lessie looked away and blinked, and the trance was broken.

Gareth realized suddenly just how much he’d shared and felt a bit sick. Lessie wasn’t his friend, they’d just met! And here he’d been spilling his soul out to her as though they were childhood neighbors.

She shrugged and gave an apologetic look, “I’m sorry,” she said, “but we are pressed for time and I cannot afford any deception right now.” She sighed, “I will of course even the playing field. Would you like to know how I came to be here?”

“I had wondered,” he said, “I’ve never heard of Lamia acting like…” he gestured around, “All of this I guess.”

“It all began nineteen years ago,” Lessie explained. “I was with a tribe of fellow Lamia and we were set upon by human adventurers. I wasn’t fully grown yet, and they easily captured me and sold me to a traveling merchant.” She sighed, “Truthfully, scared as I was, I didn’t miss the tribe much. Humans always fascinated me, your way of doing things… it’s just better than ours.”

“I mean…” he struggled with a way to make her feel better, “it’s just your nature to be the way you are, isn’t it?”

She chuckled, “I thought about that a lot while I was in captivity. Perhaps the gods smiled on me, for that merchant’s ship was dashed upon the rocks and I was left alone on a shore far to the south of here.”

She gestured around, “Most of these books, this equipment, it’s all stuff from the shipwreck.” She grinned, “And there were also three hundred Lamia eggs. I couldn’t just leave them there obviously… but as they started to hatch, I had this idea. What if I could make whatever rules I wanted? What if I could make a real Lamia civilization?”

“And so you gave them laws… The Rules!” he said, putting the pieces together. “That’s… Lessie this is all fascinating!”

“Thank you!” she said, “I’m so glad someone appreciates my work after all these years.”

“This is such a relief,” he said excitedly, standing up in her palm, “Someone out here who understands everything! So you know I have to get back and help the Elf Queen right?”

“Of course,” Lessie said with a nod, “it seems obvious that the political situation is highly unstable.”

“I can’t believe a Lamia is going to save me,” he said with a chuckle, “And here I was worried I was really going to have to be that other one’s husband-“

“Oh, you still have to be Phoebe’s husband,” Lessie said dismissively.

“Wait what?” he shouted, “I thought you said you understood!”

“I do!” she said, “I understand YOU asked HER to marry you,” she gently flicked him over with her free hand, sending him flat onto her open palm.

“I was coerced!” he protested, “I just met her and she wasn’t going to help me if I didn’t!”

Lessie laughed, “Phoebe is such a softhearted fool she would have helped you no matter what, she just played a hard negotiator with you.”

“B-But-“

“Oh please,” Lessie said with a chuckle, “you humans marry for money and politics all the time. I don’t see anything wrong with you marrying Phoebe in exchange for her help with your current predicament.” Her grin widened, “And you did tell me you found her beautiful, no?”

“You had me under a trance!”

She shrugged, “Lamia trances aren’t TRUE mind control Gareth, it’s more like rearranging items in a drawer. We can put them where we want but we can’t put anything in that isn’t there.” She gave him a smug look, “YOU like Lamia.”

“Hang me now,” he muttered, “Fine. I’ll make her the happiest serpent that ever lived, are you happy?”

“Ecstatic,” Lessie said with a sigh, “I’ve been promising these girls husbands their entire lives. I don’t think you realize what a lifeline you are to my entire operation here.”

“It’s beginning to become apparent,” he said tersely.

“The girls NEED husbands,” Lessie explained, “They think if they’re good Lamias the men will just start to show up…” She brightened, “Well YOU did I suppose, but I need to figure out a way to get more males here… human, elf, dwarf, it doesn’t matter.” She stroked her chin a moment, regarding the shrunken man in her palm, “You are DEFINITELY my way out of this problem, I just need to figure out how…”

Phoebe popped back into the tent excitedly, holding a large bottle of wine, “Look Lessie! I found a good one!”



As he sipped out of a thimble full of the wine Gareth didn’t think it was particularly good, it was certainly strong though. Lessie and Phoebe were sharing full sized glasses, or human sized at any rate. Phoebe’s wine glass was dwarfed by her hand, and to Lessie hers was closer to a shot glass. They’d set him between the two of them, and as the three drank he felt like a toy between the two colossus sized Lamia.

“You’re in luck Phoebe,” Lessie said, “I keep plenty of pixie dust on hand and it will be trivial to reverse it’s polarity and return your new husband back to his normal size.”

“I knew you’d know what to do!” Phoebe said excitedly, she grabbed for Gareth and snuggled him against her flushed cheek, spilling his wine. “You hear that darling? We’re going to fix you!”

“It’s going to take me a day or so to get it all together,” Lessie mused, “I need to visit Severa-“

“Who’s Severa?” Gareth asked suddenly.

“Do you remember that giant spider woman the elf queen wanted you to hunt down?” Lessie asked.

His face paled, “I’d hoped it was just a ruse to lure me out of the city…”

“No she’s quite real,” Lessie said with a sigh, “I try to go see her when I can, but she’s not terribly social, Arachne are solitary by nature I suppose. I won’t be able to get your potion ready until I’ve seen her, tomorrow at the earliest.”

“Oh,” Phoebe said, downcast, “I guess we’ll have to wait to spend our first night as husband and wife…”

Gareth felt a bit relieved, but he tried to put on a bold face, “Don’t worry Phoebe,” he said. “We can simply wait to uhh… consummate our marriage.”

“I don’t know why you two are so worked up about him being tiny,” Lessie mused, swirling her own glass, “My old tribe used to use pixy dust to play with shrunken humans all the time.”

“Really!?” Phoebe said excitedly.

“REALLY!?” Gareth echoed fearfully.

“Oh yes it’s hilarious when you shrink humans,” Lessie said drunkenly, “They can fit in ALL the right spots and…” She had a sudden serious flash over her face, “I uhhh…” She shot a look at Phoebe, “Remember we don’t eat anything that talks!”

Gareth felt a surge of adrenaline return his senses a bit, “Lessie, why would you-“

“Did your old tribe eat humans?” Phoebe asked suddenly.

“Well I never did!” Lessie protested, “But shrinking and chasing them around leads to one thing and then another… I mean it’s just instinct isn’t it?“

“Matriarch!” Phoebe said, appalled.

“Oh NOW you’ll use a title,” Lessie muttered. “Well there you have it Phoebe.” She chuckled, “You’ve always been one of the smarter ones, now you know why I needed to write The Rules!”

“Gods above,” Phoebe breathed, “Are you saying The Rules… are just something you made up?”

“I didn’t make them up!” Lessie protested, realizing her mistake, “They were all very well thought out! I consulted many texts on philosophy and religion-“

“Gareth!” Phoebe said suddenly, “Do humans have The Rules?”

Lessie glared at him, and in the face of the giant Lamia he swallowed nervously, “Kind of?” he said hesitantly. “We have rules but we don’t have THE Rules.”

“So humans DO steal each other’s husbands?” Phoebe asked, in shock.

Lessie and Gareth exchanged glances, “Kind of?” he repeated weakly. “I mean it’s against our… rules too but-“

“So different people have different rules,” Phoebe said thoughtfully. She took another long drink of wine. “Lessie, when were you going to tell all of us this?”

“It just hasn’t been relevant so far!” Lessie protested, “Phoebe don’t question the Matriarch-“

“I’m questioning the Matriarch,” Phoebe said smugly, “besides I’ve got a husband and she doesn’t.”

Lessie’s face went red with a mix of embarrassment and anger, “Phoebe!” she growled, “You… Got lucky!”

Phoebe smirked and glanced down at Gareth, who was laying in her palm, “Sure did!”

Lessie rolled her eyes, “Congratulations Phoebe,” she said, “You’re the first in the village to realize I’m no prophet.” She sighed, “I always knew this day would come…”

Phoebe sniffed triumphantly, “I’m taking my husband to my bed,” she said, “be sure our potion is ready by tomorrow.”

Lessie’s eyebrows raised, but she only chuckled, “Go Phoebe,” she said firmly, “break your husband in. “

“W-wait,” Gareth pleaded one final time, “Shouldn’t we fix my size before my uhh, new wife and I-“

“Like I said my old tribe had lots of fun with shrunken humans,” Lessie said with a smirk, “I’m sure you and Phoebe will have a WONDERFUL evening, goodbye!” she waved teasingly as Phoebe slithered out through the cloth door.

Phoebe giggled softly as she covered him in her cupped hands, slithering past the other Lamia quickly before they could get a good look at her. The sun was down now, and the only light he could see from the gaps in her fingers was the campfires the other snake-girls maintained in their village. Phoebe’s tent was near the edge, and as she slipped inside she uncovered him and leered at him in the low light.

“You’ve been naked all day,” she mused, “I’ve kind of gotten used to it… how about I join you?”

She pulled a string on the back of her hide top and it fell to the dirt floor. His eyes went wide as he saw her breasts uncovered for the first time, round and fuller than any he’d ever seen. The slitted eyes grew a bit more circular as her pupils dilated, and in her wide smile a pair of small fangs glistened in the firelight that managed to creep in.  

She raised him up to her face and her forked tongue flickered over him, tasting him. As he stared at her gigantic face he was rock hard, more aroused than he’d ever been.

“You’re going in my mouth,” Phoebe giggled, “no trance this time.”

He gulped and wondered if there was anything he could say to get out of it, but then decided that, for better or worse, this was his lot in life.

“Do it!” he whispered.

Her eyes lit up, “Just trust me okay?” she said in a hushed voice, “It might get scary, but just trust me… and enjoy it!”

She opened her mouth wide. Her forked tongue traced out slowly, almost like a snake itself. It slowly worked it’s way around him, and he started as the smooth appendage began to coil around him, first his torso, and then looping up to bind his arms to his side. He marveled at the amount of control she had over it, and then cried out in surprise as she pulled him into her open maw.

Her lips closed behind him, and he was bound by her tongue in the wet darkness of her mouth. His heart was racing, and he felt panic rise, but he forced it back down. Bound as he was, he felt the tongue, now lubricated with her saliva, start to rub over him. He groaned as it loosened and tightened, sliding back and forth over every inch of his body, including the most sensitive one.

He spasmed and struggled futilely as the coiled tongue forced him to orgasm, the tip of her tongue teasingly came up and traced across his face as he gasped loudly. Only when he’d stopped moving did the tongue begin to loosen around him. Her mouth opened again and he was lifted back into the light, she uncoiled, dropping his spit-soaked form into her waiting cupped hands.

“That was amazing,” he breathed, watching the firelight dance over her face. He was already feeling himself get hard again, “A-Are you…” he looked at her mouth and licked his own lips, “Are you going to wrap me up with your tongue again?”

She gave a manic giggle, “You DO taste good Gareth, but you’re going a bit lower next…”

She shifted him into her right hand and then her left went down to her short brown skirt. He watched nervously as she fiddled with the belt, pulling it off. He tried not to let her see his relief as it fell away, revealing a very human looking womanhood. He’d been subconsciously steeling himself in case it was… different, but as he was brought closer to it the only feature that really stood out was the bright green hair that matched what was on her head.

Her fingers parted her lower lips, and he stared at the glistening pink opening in awe. Slowly she guided him towards it, angling him up and forcing him against herself. He was already wet from being in her mouth, but now he was soaked through with a thicker fluid. His senses were filled with her smell and taste, a sharp pungent smell that he could swear was stronger than any human woman’s even accounting for his size. She screamed suddenly, and there was a final pulse of the sticky fluid before he was drawn away again.

“That was fantastic,” She said, panting. She stretched a minute and held his sticky form above her, dangling him by one arm.

“It was,” he agreed breathlessly.

She lowered him down between her breasts and sighed contentedly. The two of them spent a minute enjoying the afterglow, the low firelight from outside the tent flickered across the hide ceiling.

“I know marrying me wasn’t what you wanted when you came here Gareth,” Phoebe said quietly, “but is it really so bad?”

“No,” he admitted with a soft chuckle, “No, it’s not.” He placed his arms behind his head, letting himself be cradled by the giant breasts. “I’m going to have so much explaining to do when everyone back home finds out I’m married to a Lamia,” he muttered.

“WE are going to have so much explaining to do,” she said dreamily, “We’re married now right?”

For a moment Gareth really felt at peace. Could this really work out? He laughed softly at himself, they were already off to a better start than most marriages among the nobility…

His world spun as he was plucked up again, this time he was held upside down by his leg. He was slowly brought up to her face and she grinned up at her captive.

“I’m not tired yet husband,” she said, the forked tongue flicking out again.

He grinned excitedly, “I’m not ready for sleep either…”

Phoebe smiled, then opened her mouth wide. He flailed as he was dropped into her waiting maw, and as her teeth snapped shut behind him for the second time that night, he felt the familiar tongue begin wrapping itself around his legs.



Gareth wasn’t sure how late the two of them had slept, it had been a late night after all. He did know that the sun was high in the sky when a giggling blue Lamia had come to wake them up. The messenger had taken an extra-long look at his tiny form snuggled against Phoebe’s cheek like a stuffed animal before leaving with a giggle and a wave.
 
As Phoebe groggily got dressed, he felt a small measure of pride that he’d managed to tire her out even at his tiny size. She grabbed him off the cushion they’d slept on and slithered out into the open air. Lessie was waiting in her tent for them, and she shooed away several of the other Lamia that were hovering around the area, giggling and trying to get a look at him.

“Just set him down right over there,” Lessie said, pointing to a cleared area on the floor. She approached with a small dropper, holding it above him she squeezed gently and he blinked as a droplet the size of his face splashed into him.

He felt that same itching feeling from when he’d initially shrunk, and he almost cried in relief as the world began to compress and get smaller around him. After a few seconds he was standing, still naked of course, at his old size. Lessie’s tent, and Lessie herself, both still towered over him, but she was merely a large figure instead of a colossal one.  

“Gareth you’re fixed!” Phoebe slithered forward and coiled around him with shocking speed. The snake skin brushed against him as she squeezed tightly, hugging his head against her. As he felt the air leave his lungs and looked up at Phoebe’s Amazonian form, he realized that growing back to his normal size hadn’t closed the gap in strength between them nearly as much as he’d hoped.

“Don’t break him Phoebe,” Lessie said in an amused tone. “Even if he’s a bit bigger now you’ll have to learn to be gentle, after all you’ll be my size in a few more years.”

Gareth’s eyes went wide as he looked up at Lessie’s form, “Y-you mean you ALL get that big?” He swallowed nervously and looked at Phoebe, his wife, who already stood several feet taller than him.

Lessie shrugged, “give or take a few feet, we don’t really stop growing until we’re in middle age.”

Their future life together had just gotten more interesting. She hugged him again, thankfully with her arms and not with her coiled snake’s tail… though even her arms felt as strong as iron.

“C-Can I get dressed?” he asked weakly, Lessie had his pack and his things stashed in one corner of her tent.

“Aww I was enjoying you being without clothes,” Phoebe teased, but she didn’t stop him as he stepped over and began putting his things back on. As he buttoned up his shirt he looked back to Phoebe, who was still wearing his hat, and decided to just let her have it. It was cheaper than a ring after all…

“So Gareth,” Lessie said, coiling herself comfortably on her favorite cushion, “You have some difficult decisions to make about how to proceed.”

“I’ll just go back and tell the Elf Queen everything,” he said, buckling his sword belt back on.

“It won’t be so simple,” Lessie said with a frown, “I asked a few of the girls to go scout the situation for me, they said that there was smoke over the city and a few fires overnight. I think your Elf Queen has been overthrown.”

“Damnit,” he growled, “Maybe we can get word to the Empire, get some soldiers and-“

“It will take too long,” Lessie said dismissively, “and besides the old Queen is doubtless still alive.”

He looked up at her in surprise, “How do you know?”

“Elves are highly superstitious,” she explained, “They won’t execute a member of their royal family, even a deposed one, until the next moon. From what my sources tell me she was a popular one with the common folk, so superstition or not they won’t keep her alive much past that. That gives you a few days to think of something.”

“Maybe you could help somehow-“ he began but Lessie just waggled a finger at him

“I think not,” she said, “Phoebe is your wife, she may help you if she wishes, but I have to look out for my tribe. I’ll give you anything you want in the way of supplies, call it a wedding gift, but I can’t get my people involved… not for free anyway.”

“For free?” he asked, regarding her suspiciously, “Why do I get the feeling I won’t like the cost of your aid?”

“Lessie!” Phoebe protested, “Come on, stop playing around.”

“I’m not playing dear,” she said. She reached behind the cushion and pulled out a book, it looked almost comically small in her hand, but she delicately opened it and turned the pages.

“Hey,” Gareth said with a start, “That’s my diplomatic corps field manual!”

“It is!” Lessie said with a grin, “I found it while going through your things last night. It’s got a brief summary of all of your laws on anything a diplomat from the Empire would need…” She turned it to a page she had bookmarked, “Look here, Imperial Marriage laws!”

“I don’t know if I like where this is going,” he muttered.

“A member of the Emperor’s family may marry multiple spouses in order to secure diplomatic alliances with non-human kingdoms,” Lessie said, tracing her finger along the relevant passage.

His blood ran cold, “T-This is hardly a kingdom!” he protested.

Lessie shrugged, “Phoebe would you be willing to call me a Queen?”

“I guess,” Phoebe said uncertainly, “Lessie what are you saying exactly?” She coiled around Gareth protectively, and he found himself appreciating the gesture as the larger Lamia loomed over them both.

“Gareth has royal blood,” Lessie said with a grin.

“Barely!” he exclaimed, “My family married one of the Emperor’s daughters a century ago, that hardly counts as-“

“Look the diplomatic corps included this helpful family tree!” Lessie said. She unfolded a wide parchment, “Look Gareth here’s you!” she traced the emperor’s lineage down through the lines until she found Gareth at the very bottom edge of the parchment, his name was circled in red ink that he didn’t remember being on the sheet when he’d left the capital.

Gareth sighed, and gestured for Phoebe to release him.

“You have discovered it then,” he said with more confidence than he truly felt, “I am a scion of the Emperor, and subject to the Royal family’s laws.” He sucked in a breath and looked up at the giant Lamia, “Name thy terms for aid.”

“Thy?” Lessie giggled, “Gareth you are just ADORABLE.”

“She wants to marry you too,” Phoebe said, glaring at the larger Lamia, “Don’t you Lessie?”

“Clever girl!” the older Lamia said excitedly, “What do you say Gareth? Marry me, and I’ll bring every Lamia at my command to your side, we’ll sweep the rebel elves before you.”

“Never!” he shouted, “Come one Phoebe let’s-“

“The whole tribe?” Phoebe asked calmly. She started stroking Gareth’s hair thoughtfully. “Well, you were definitely going to need another wife or two at some point… I guess it might as well be someone we know, and we’re definitely getting something out of it.”

“You can’t seriously be considering this?” he asked, shocked. He’d just finally brought himself around to accepting one Lamia as a wife, but two? And this one twice the size of the first!

Phoebe playfully squeezed him, “This is great Gareth, I didn’t know you were part of the royal family, and I don’t really know anything about politics or money or anything a royal wife would need to know… but Lessie’s really smart when it comes to that stuff! She’s a perfect second wife.”

“Lamia are quite good at sharing husbands,” Lessie purred as she began unfolding another document, “our wild cousins often only have one man to share among dozens.”

 He was suddenly very conscious of the larger Lamia’s tail tracing behind him. He gasped as it looped under his arms and plucked him out of Phoebe’s grasp. She constricted around him a bit tighter than Phoebe would, and he was brought up to Lessie’s face.

“That lovely field manual of yours helped me draw up a legally binding treaty,” Lessie brought one of her human-looking hands up and a giant finger traced down his cheek, “Once you sign this your marriage to Phoebe, and myself, will be an official alliance, sanctioned by the Emperor and all of your courts.”

He gulped seeing Lessie’s smug grin. Suddenly he realized that she had endeavored to trap him in more ways than one.

“Very well,” he muttered, “let me read it at least…”

With a giggle he was set down again between the two Lamia as he read over Lessie’s treaty. It recognized her as Queen of the Lamia, sole landholder in the swamp… it would cause some trouble of course, but nothing outrageous… he frowned as he reached the next section.

“You want the Empire to provide a husband for every Lamia in the village?” he asked incredulously.

“They don’t ALL need to be good looking royals like you Gareth,” Lessie said dismissively, “I’m sure that, in exchange for saving your alliance with the Elves, a grateful Empire can find a few hundred men to send out here.”

“Besides once they get here they’ll never want to leave!” Phoebe cut in excitedly.

He paused when he got to the final section, “Wait it says here I have to marry THREE women of your choosing?”

“Oh darling, you’re already marrying two monsters,” Lessie said sweetly, “what’s one more?”

“Wait what?” Phoebe cut in, “Lessie I’m his first wife, I get to have a say in that kind of stuff!”

The bigger Lamia slithered around him, leaning down to Phoebe’s ear. He heard a bit of whispering that he didn’t like one bit, then Phoebe brightened and giggled.

“Okay I think you can sign it,” Phoebe said.

“What did she say to you?” He asked, pulling the pen from his pocket.

“I’ll tell you in a minute.”

He glanced down at the treaty that would lock him into marriage and sighed. A part of him had thought that maybe he could still flee when this was all over, but once that paper was signed he’d be Phoebe’s, and Lessie’s, and… whoever’s, under all Imperial law. If he ran off his own government would send men to chase him down and bring him back to them.

“The things I do for this country,” he muttered as he scrawled his name. Pricking the tip of his thumb he winced, watching the small drop of blood appear. He thumbed the side of the contract, making sure that a good image of his fingerprint was visible.

“And our alliance is made, HUSBAND,” Lessie said smugly. She suddenly wrapped around him so quickly that he gasped with surprise, the air being forced out of his lungs. At twice Phoebe’s size she had the strength to match, and as his now second wife leered down at his trapped form, he felt something stir in him… was he starting to like this?

“Now before we go any further we need to consummate this marriage,” Lessie growled.

“Uncoil him Lessie!” Phoebe said playfully, slithering closer, “Let’s at least get his clothes off!”

“W-wait,” he started, “Phoebe are you staying for this?”

“Watch this Phoebe,” Lessie said with a grin, “I haven’t done this in years…”

He felt the giant Lamia’s coils slide over him, causing friction against his entire body. She kept circled him once, then again, he felt his manhood beginning to rise. He gasped as she picked up speed, the coils sliding over him, loosening and tightening in a quick time. He spasmed in pleasure, and as he did Lessie giggled and tightened her grip on him.

“Oh, Lessie let me try it next!” Phoebe said eagerly.

“I’m going to need a minute,” he panted as Lessie uncoiled him, letting him drop to his knees. He scowled as he realized she’d made him climax in his only pair of pants.

“Now here’s another neat trick for human lovers Phoebe,” Lessie said, “Gareth look up here please,” he blinked and looked up and found himself entranced by her eyes. “Gareth,” Lessie’s melodic voice said, “You’re feeling very lustful, you could go again right now!”

He blinked and then gasped as he felt himself growing hard again.

“Mind over matter!” Lessie said with a giggle, “Now let’s take off the clothes husband.”



Gareth lay on the cushion in Lessie’s tent, completely drained. Phoebe and Lessie had made good use of their trance ability to keep him going long past what should have been physically possible. Phoebe slithered in and handed him a cup of wine and a small plate of what looked like sliced pork.

“Eat up,” she said sweetly, “you need to get your strength back.”

He groaned and forced himself upright, Phoebe guided a piece to his mouth and he eagerly took a bite.

“I feel like I’ve just fought a battle,” he said with a laugh. “And that’s just with two of you, what are things going to be like when I’m married to THREE Lamia?”

“Oh your last wife isn’t a Lamia,” Phoebe said idly, bringing the cup of wine to his lips.

He sipped and frowned, “Not a Lamia? What do you mean? Who else would Lessie want me to-“

“Do you remember that giant spider lady you were supposed to be hunting when I first caught you?” Phoebe asked.

“Yes,” he said, “but what has that got to do with,” the realization hit him suddenly. “Oh,” he whispered, “Oh no…”

“The treaty says three wives of Lessie’s choice!” Phoebe said cheerfully, “She wants number three to be Severa! That’s her name by the way.”

“I’ve heard she’s eighty feet tall,” he protested.

“That must be from someone who hasn’t seen her in a while,” Phoebe said, “I think she’s closer to one hundred these days.”

Seeing his pale expression she gave him a hug, “Don’t worry you’ll do fine! She’s going to LOVE you, I mean it won’t be THAT much different from when you were shrunk and I played with you right?”

Gareth just stared ahead, thinking. This mission was far from over.

End Notes:


A Diplomatic Mission Pt. 2: The Arachne by Greenanon

Gareth was standing at the edge of the Lamia village, hundreds of the snake-women had gathered to see him and his two new wives off. Lessie stood over them all, waving to the assembled crowd.
 
“So are you absolutely sure about this?” He asked the Lamia matriarch. “You want me to go even further into the swamp and marry the Arachne too?”

“Her name is Severa darling,” Lessie said, “and I have the utmost confidence in you.”

“I still don’t understand,” he muttered, “Why not one of the other Lamia?”

“What, are two not enough?” Lessie chuckled, “think about it Gareth, if you… well if WE, are going to be storming the Elven capital to save their queen, don’t you think we could use a giant Arachne to even the odds a bit?”

He sighed, she was right of course, but he still wasn’t sold on this plan of action. He’d been even more hesitant when he’d been told that this “Severa” wasn’t in on Lessie’s plan, and it would be up to him to explain the situation and woo her.

Lessie seemed to sense his reservations, “Gareth I don’t know what you’re so worried about,” she huffed, “Severa is lonely, you’re a handsome prince who wants to marry her! Most women love stories about that kind of thing.”

“And I loved adventure stories before I found myself in one,” he replied. “Technically I’m not a prince you know.”

“I already showed everyone in the village your paperwork,” Lessie said, “Right girls?” The gathered Lamia behind her giggled. “We all know EXACTLY how much royal blood you’ve got, and by our standards you’re a prince.”

She turned to the other Lamia and grinned, “Remember girls, PRINCE Gareth was so impressed with how well everyone here follows The Rules that he wants his empire to ally with us!” There was cheering, “And the humans are going to send husbands for everyone here!” that got them absolutely wild. Lessie smiled and waited a few minutes for them to calm down, “Now, while we are gone all of you need to get everything ready for our big mission! Restring your bows, practice your archery, prepare medicines.”

“Yes Lessie!” the all chanted in unison. Gareth watched as hundreds of Lamia slithered off to their assigned tasks. Phoebe, his first wife, separated herself from the crowd, hefting his pack over her back. She shouldered it easily, and it almost looked comically small slung over her shoulder. It was another reminder of his new wife’s strength, and gentle though she was a part of him was still intimidated.

“This is so exciting!” she said eagerly, “I’ve got all your things packed up Gareth!” With a flourish she placed Gareth’s old hat on her head. “I’m ready to go!”

“Right,” he muttered, steeling himself, “Let’s do this then.”

“Hop on,” Lessie said, patting a part of her enormous tail.

“What?” He asked, confused, “I’m perfectly capable of walking!”

Lessie and Phoebe both laughed together, “Phoebe,” Lessie wheezed, “you were tracking Gareth and that elf when they came in the swamp weren’t you?” Phoebe nodded and she continued, “How long do you think it would take Gareth to get to Severa’s tree on foot?”

“At least two days,” Phoebe said, ruffling his hair, “Just ride on Lessie’s back Gareth, it’s only a couple hours for us!”

He looked up at the larger Lamia, who chuckled at his awkwardness.

“You don’t find anything… undignified in this?” he asked.

“I would have you ride on Phoebe’s tail,” Lessie said offhandedly, “but I don’t think she’s big enough.”

“It’s true,” Phoebe said, “your feet would probably drag on the ground.” Her eyes lit up suddenly, “Oh wait Lessie, I packed some of that pixie dust from your tent! Let’s just shrink Gareth down again and-“

“I think I’ll ride on Lessie’s back,” he said before she could finish.

“Oh? Do we not like the idea of being tiny again?” Lessie teased as he swung a leg up and climbed on her crimson tail.

Lessie’s human form would have made her a good twenty feet tall if she’d had legs. With her snakelike tail trailing where her legs would have been it was more than wide enough for him to ride, albeit with his legs splayed a bit wider than was easily comfortable.

They set off, and he was again amazed at how easily the Lamia traversed the swampy terrain. The Lamia had constructed their village on a raised area, an island of sorts, but even as they splashed into the stagnant water they swam through it quickly, almost like fish.

Phoebe was humming a cheery tune as the day progressed, “Gareth want something to eat?” she asked, sidling up to him. She reached into the bag and handed him a stick of dried meat, which he took and ate eagerly.

He was savoring the spices when he realized he didn’t recognize the meat. He chewed a bit slower for a moment, it had… an odd texture.

“Phoebe,” he said slowly, “What is this?”

“Jerky!” she said, happily taking a bite. “I made it myself!”

“I mean what IS it?” he asked nervously.

“OHHHH!” Phoebe said, understanding his question. “Alligator!”

He blanched, “A-alligator?”

“With some of my favorite seasonings,” Phoebe said, “it’s not too spicy, is it? I put pixy dust on mine, but you can’t have it… you know because of the shrinking.”

“You’re lucky to get that,” Lessie chuckled, “I had to tell all of the girls not to give you rat.”

“It’s so strange,” Phoebe mused, “Do you really not like rat Gareth? They’re so tasty…”

“Humans just don’t eat it,” he said. Chewing over the alligator meat a few more times he swallowed, and with a shrug took another bite.

He had another thought, “Phoebe… you cook the rats before you eat them right?”

He’d spent a lot of time kissing her mouth the night before, and a fair amount of time IN it the night before that.

“No, they taste great fresh!” Phoebe said with relish, “Live and wriggling!”

“Phoebe!” Lessie snapped.

The smaller lamia burst out laughing, “Yes I cook the rats Gareth, we’re CIVILIZED remember?”

“I almost put cook all of your food in The Rules,” Lessie muttered, “meat at least…”

Phoebe frowned “Lessie while we’re talking about them I have a few questions about The Rules-“

“I didn’t just make them up!” she swore, “Lots of them were from human religious texts, tell her about how great they are Gareth!”

Phoebe looked curiously to him and he cleared his throat, “I uhhh… suppose we could get a priest out here at some point to look them over and check-“

Phoebe’s eyes narrowed, “Lessie, what about that one rule about not waking up early on Saturdays?”

Gareth laughed in spite of himself, “You gave them a religious commandment about sleeping in?”

“And it’s one future generations will thank me for!” Lessie said defensively. Between Gareth’s laughter and Phoebe’s judgmental glare she sighed, “Look, I was a lot younger when I wrote all that okay?”

Phoebe huffed, “I mean… I guess they’ve worked pretty good for us so far.” She brightened and slithered up Lessie’s side to give Gareth a quick squeeze, “And you were right, I DID get a husband!”

As they got deeper into the swamp the vegetation grew thicker, and soon even the two Lamia were being slowed by the thick reeds. This part of the swamp was elevated slightly, like the area where the Lamia built their village, and dry patches were more common. In the distance a trio of the massive trees, the same kind the elves made their homes in, loomed. Glistening in the mid-day sun he could see strands and clusters of white thread… spiderwebs.

“That’s where she lives,” Lessie said, gesturing.

Gareth slid off Lessie’s tail and with a squishing sound planted his boots on the marshy soil. The three trees were bound together by woven spider thread, with various logs, rocks, and other materials suspended here and there at the lower levels, creating a sort of wall. It was almost like a patchwork tower, a mix of stone, webbing, and tree growth. At the ground level a massive round entrance loomed, the thick white webbing seeming to drain inward to it, Gareth realized with a start that it looked very much like the funnel webs of the spiders he knew from forests back home.

“Before we go in, I want to say a few things,” Lessie said suddenly. Gareth and Phoebe stopped, looking up at her, “Severa might be a bit… angry at first.”

“What!?” Gareth said, looking nervously at the massive structure, “Why would she be angry? I thought this spider-woman was your friend?”

“We ARE friends,” Lessie said, “but… Severa is a very solitary individual, and Arachne are a very aggressive and territorial species.” Lessie seemed a bit embarrassed, “I was trying to think of a way to explain this but… she’s always told me to keep humans far away. I don’t think she likes them.”

“How could you not like humans?” Phoebe asked quizzically, “Look at Gareth, he’s adorable!”

“That he is,” Lessie said, shooting him a quick smile, “but sometimes it can be difficult for humans to live next to… well, anything they call monsters I suppose.” The larger lamia chuckled for a moment, “I used to wonder WHY humans were so aggressive… then I had my own civilization to tend to. Do you remember how I used to send you and your sisters to clear the swamp of monsters Phoebe?”

“Well yeah, but we had to!” Phoebe protested, “the goblins kept trying to steal our best alligators, and those weird hornet things wanted to eat US!”

“I think the humans felt much the same way about Lamia,” Lessie said, “And I think they felt that way about Arachne too.”

“But that’s why you made the rules right?” Phoebe asked hesitantly, shooting a quick glance at Gareth, “So we could get along with them better?”

“Among other things,” Lessie sighed as the three of them came to the mouth of the webbed funnel. “Let me go first.”

As soon as she slithered across the threshold a series of purple flames, hovering unsupported in midair, flickered into being, lighting the path before them. They heard the soft flickering of the flames seem to stretch down the hall, and faintly a pipe organ began to play in the far distance.

“It’s a dungeon,” Gareth said breathlessly, “It’s like something out of a storybook…”

“Severa does have a flair for the dramatic,” Lessie admitted, “And for sorcery. She taught me everything I know about alchemy, and it wasn’t half of what she knows.” Lessie’s face reddened a moment, “Also… she didn’t exactly give me the materials to reverse your shrinking Gareth.”

“Because the gods know she wasn’t dangerous enough as a mere hundred-foot-tall spider,” Gareth muttered. He paused a second, “Do you mean to tell me you STOLE from this woman? Does she know?”

“This is neat!” Phoebe said in awe, looking around, “Lessie, could we build something like this?”

“No!” Lessie snapped, “Dungeons and traps for wary adventurers are the OLD way of doing things! We have civilization Phoebe, we’ve got a road, a baker, even a smith!”

Phoebe frowned, but didn’t argue the point. As Lessie cautiously led the way Phoebe held back with Gareth and sidled up to him.

“Gareth,” she asked in a hushed tone, “That stuff Lessie said about humans… not getting along with… monsters? Is that stuff true?”

“Yes,” he said quietly.

“But I’m not a monster, right?” She asked, a tinge of panic in her voice, “None of us are!? We’ve been kind to you haven’t we?”

“You have!” he reassured her, “I…” he searched for the words, “Phoebe, you’re a wonderful girl, nobody would think you’re a monster.”

She seemed to sigh with relief, “I just… want to be sure everything’s going to work out,” she said, “For us I mean? The other humans aren’t going to-“

She was cut off by a high-pitched scream from further up ahead. While they’d been talking Lessie had entered a large antechamber, the two of them watched in shock as her crimson tail was lifted upwards, quickly disappearing from their view.

“LESSIE!” they both shouted, sprinting forward. The two of them came to a halt inside the central chamber. It was clear that this was the space in the center of the three tree’s that made up Severa’s home, though instead of an opening like Gareth had half expected only darkness stretched above them
.
Gareth gulped and gently laid a hand on his saber pommel, “S-Severa?” He called, his voice echoing up. “I’m Gareth, this is Phoebe. Could you… please come out and speak with us?”

“I should have known there was a human here in the swamp,” a husky female voice seemed to echo from all around them, as if her voice was carried by the web itself. “Lessie stole a few things from me a few nights ago to reverse pixie dust… I’m guessing that you are the blundering fool who got himself shrunk?”

“That’s him!” Phoebe called nervously. “H-He’s all better now!”

“Is he really BETTER though?” the voice chuckled, “I’d have preferred him staying small, pathetic…” A pair of enormous spider legs reached out of the shadows and into the light, “Not that he isn’t still of course… both of you are in fact.”

A face the size of a house loomed down at them and grinned. She had gleaming red eyes and long pale-pink hair that hung around her upside down form like sheets, swaying gently as she moved. As she moved and the low light glinted off her face Gareth realized that she had a series of smaller eyes arranged around her forehead, easily visible in contrast to her deathly pale skin. smiled at his discomfort, revealing a pair of fangs that, while smaller proportionally, looked much sharper than Phoebe’s.

Her body was revealed in full as she reached the bottom of the chamber, a lithe and seductive form in her upper half, clothed with a sleek and shiny black material that clung to her like a second skin. Gareth felt his heart pick up as her lower half, with it’s sleek black carapace and red hourglass marking, scuttled behind her.

He’d been mentally preparing himself for his first meeting with her since they’d left the Lamia village. He was married to one Lamia who was Amazonian in proportion to him, and to another who, coiled upright, was probably taller than a barn, and to top it off he’d been shrunk to a small size and even consummated his first marriage no bigger than a doll…

It hadn’t been enough, with her legs spread wide Severa was truly massive, covering the wall. Gareth didn’t care for spiders, but he’d seen how they moved. He had a sudden image of Severa leaping off the wall, those massive legs curling around him and Phoebe before they could even react. Even her upper half would easily hold him in her hand, and while he’d been carried by Phoebe during his time being small he’d always been able to console himself that it was just he who was small, and temporarily at that. Severa’s size was hitting him on another level, and it took him a moment to gather his courage.

“So what business does a human and one of Lessie’s little worms have with me?” Severa mused. “Let’s get a closer look at you.”

Before either of them could react the Arachne’s back legs twitched slightly and a series of pale threads fell from the ceiling. He heard Phoebe scream in surprise as she was yanked upwards, and he gasped in shock as the sticky material pulled him up with her. The two of them dangled helplessly as Severa delicately grabbed the threads holding them and brought them close to her face. Her legs scuttled down to the ground as she righted herself, holding the two of them upside down.

“A delightfully cute human,” she mused, her hand came up, and as she twirled it around him more thread came down, roping his arms to his sides.

“He is!” Phoebe said, fighting down nervousness, “S-Severa that’s why we came here! Gareth wants to marry you!”

The spider-woman’s eyes briefly widened, and she took a moment to respond, “That’s ridiculous, Phoebe, was it?” She spun Phoebe in place, chuckling at her surprised squeal. “Is this a joke? Or has your little cult leader finally lost what’s left of her mind?”

“Hey!” Phoebe said defensively, “Lessie isn’t a cult leader, and she’s perfectly sane, right Gareth?”

“Sane to be sure,” Gareth said dryly.

The enormous lips facing him curled into a smile as Severa chuckled, “So is it true Human?” She asked, “are you here to ask my hand in marriage?”

“Yes,” he said, “It’s… complicated, but that’s why I’m here.”

“That’s hardly a romantic proposal,” She purred, “Tell me then, what makes things so… complicated?”

“Lessie can help explain,” he said, “If you would just tell us what you’ve done with her-“

Severa snapped her fingers and the purple flames popped into existence a bit higher up. Phoebe and Gareth both looked up to see Lessie’s massive form, wrapped in webbing from neck to tail like a caught fly. Her mouth lolled open and her eyes were glazed, her forked tongue hung limply.

Seeing their horrified expressions Severa chuckled and snapped her fingers again. The flames flickered out, covering Lessie’s trapped form in shadow once more.

“She’ll be fine,” Severa said, “She needed a lesson for stealing from me though. She spends too much time with her whelps, every now and then she needs to be reminded who the real queen of this swamp is.” She laughed at Phoebe’s shocked expression before turning to Gareth, “Now human, tell me everything.”

For the second time in as many days he found himself explaining his situation. He found it a bit difficult to continue, where Lessie had seemed sympathetic Severa laughed uproariously when he explained how he was betrayed.

“S-So they just left you to get eaten?” She laughed, “Oh that is SO typical of Elves!”

“Hey!” Phoebe squealed, “It was mean!”

Severa sighed, and with her fingers dancing over Phoebe’s wriggling form she wrapped the Lamia in a cocoon of fiber, unlike Lessie she kept going until Phoebe’s entire head was covered.

“I’ll just put this somewhere safe,” she chuckled, sticking the cocoon to the wall and ignoring the muffled sounds from within it. “Please continue.”

He nervously finished his tale. Severa’s amused expression began to disappear as he went into how Lessie had enforced his promise to marry Phoebe, and then added herself in as well… and Severa.

“This entire idea is ridiculous,” Severa said dismissively, “It’s absurd enough that Lessie thinks a marriage between a Lamia, no TWO Lamia, and a human will work. She’s treating this whole thing like something out of a human history book… or perhaps a fairy tale? I cannot tell with her anymore.”

“Lessie is… ambitious,” Gareth said slowly, “and I was hardly looking to get married when I left on this mission, but I… I think I’m happy with how it’s gone so far, I’m happy for where it’s going even.” He chuckled as he realized he was admitting it to himself almost as much as to her.

“Lamia sex is that good, is it?” The Arachne mused, more webs came down around him and he found himself suspended between her hands as she played a perverse game of cat’s cradle, lolling him to and fro with a simple flick of her fingers.

“T-that’s not-“ he struggled with words, getting slightly dizzy as she idly twirled him again.

“Go on, out with it boy,” she said with an amused smile. She was enjoying throwing him off balance, in several ways.

“I enjoy Phoebe’s company,” he said, forcing it out as she deliberately dropped him, dangling him upside down from a fingertip. “She’s kind to me, and if not for her I’d be dead in the swamp somewhere.”

“Oh?” Severa said in an amused tone, “And Lessie? You’ve married the big snake too, haven’t you?”

“Lessie may well be one of the most accomplished women I’ve ever met, Lamia or no,” he said firmly. “I don’t know WHY she wants to be my wife, but I don’t have any doubts that she knows what she’s doing, and may the gods help the Imperial court if she decides to take up politics.”

“A Lamia in human politics,” Severa laughed out loud, jostling him as he dangled, “I’m sure she’d fancy herself a real royal lady, with a fan and everything.” She sighed, “Well Gareth, let’s forget the delusions of grandeur and talk about you and I.”

With a flourish of her free hand, a claw appeared on the tip of her index finger. Gently she traced it down the webbing that held him in place, he heard snapping sounds as the thread was torn away from him, and the claw seemed to dip just a hair deeper when it reached his shirt. He screamed a moment later as the last of the webbing gave way, but he only fell about ten feet before the same hand that had cut him loose caught in him an open palm. He realized that Severa had been quite precise, his shirt was torn to ribbons, and he let it fall to the ground far below.

“What did you have in mind?” He asked, forcing himself to his feet. He found it hard to stay upright in a woman’s palm, but it was becoming a more familiar experience.

“You seem relatively innocent in all of this,” she said. “So I think I’ll let you go and simply have a long chat with Lessie and her underling there.” He felt eight eyes tracing over him hungrily, “I can see why the snakes like you though,” Severa muttered with a grin. He forced himself not to flinch as her giant finger traced down his chest. “For a human you’re taking being handled very well… most smaller races are just a blubbering mess once I start playing with them.”

A part of him wondered… should he try to entice her? Flirt with her even?

“It’s not so bad being played with by beautiful women,” he said, with what he hoped was a lecherous grin. “Poke and prod me all day if you’d like.”

She paused, her expression dancing between a smile and a frown. Gareth took some small satisfaction that he’d managed to throw this colossus of an Arachne off balance. He decided to press his luck.

“Or perhaps… you’d like me to try poking and prodding you a bit?”

Too far, she burst out laughing, and he was left trying to stay steady in her palm as his face went red with embarrassment. She collected herself and then peered down at the human in her palm, a slight blush on her own pale face.

“Just a fair warning human, you’re around the same size as my own specie’s males… they’re afraid of mating with us,” she giggled, “they prefer dainty little human girls I hear, we’re a bit too… rough. Don’t keep tempting me or-“

“The Lamia kept me going all night long,” he said, “both of them I mean, at the same time. I think I can handle you.”

He didn’t really believe that of course. His night with Lessie and Phoebe together had pushed him to his physical limits, and the two of them had gleefully used their trance powers to keep him going long after he would have stopped on his own accord. Still, he couldn’t let himself be separated from the two of them, and he supposed the plan had always been for him to consummate a marriage with the Arachne anyway.

On another level, one he was a bit embarrassed of, he’d discovered that he enjoyed being rendered powerless and overwhelmed by these women. Monstrous features included, Severa was a woman of intense beauty, and the prospect of tempting the hundred-foot Arachne into having her way with him was no longer the terrifying one it might have been a few days ago.

From the way her eyes narrowed and her smile spread he could tell he’d succeeded, “Bold words for a fly caught in my web,” she purred. Sticky threads were dropping from her hand again, his arms were webbed and with a few delicate movements he was as a puppet in her hands. Dangling him from her fingers like a chained prisoner she gleefully scuttled out of the antechamber and upwards, where another massive webbed tunnel led away.

They were shrouded in darkness, with none of the purple flames igniting to light their path. Gareth could see Severa’s enormous red eyes glinting in the dark, along with the occasional flash of her fangs as she smiled. At the end of the tunnel another room opened up, this one had no windows or openings, and was surrounded on all sides by webbing. Here the low purple flames did spring into life as she entered, and they illuminated a few items suspended haphazardly in the webbing, a bookcase, human sized oddly, a few bottles of various sizes, and a large treasure chest.

He gasped in shock as her free hand came up, the same claw as before traced down his pants, and a moment later they fell to the floor of the chamber in tatters.

“I-I could have taken them off!” he protested.

“I just love the sound your clothes make when they’re being ripped off you,” she rasped with glee, looking over his nude form.

Another pair of threads looped around his legs, and he found himself suspended once more between her hands. Her tongue darted out between her lips and licked him up the side of his body, coating him in her saliva.

“Oh that’s good,” she groaned. “I can’t wait any longer!” Her hands seemed to spin, and he was suddenly tied again, suspended from a single hand. Like a yo-yo she gently yanked, and he flew up into her waiting hand.

She began to lower him down, and when she reached her abdomen she paused, reaching down with her other hand she unbuckled something. Evidently whatever sleek black material the more human half of her wore it was a clothing, and it fell away from her lower body revealing her gaping and dripping womanhood.

Gareth was pushed forward, and he tried to take a breath before he was forced into the waiting flushed opening. He was surrounded by soft tissue, and he panicked as he realized that her fluids were gushing and filling the chamber. She groaned in pleasure as she forced him deeper, clearly enjoying his thrashing.

Finally he could hold his breath no longer, but as he exhaled and the liquid filled his lungs he realized… he wasn’t suffocating.

“Keep moving!” a voice growled from somewhere, it was muffled but he could clearly make out Severa’s annoyed tone.

He followed her instructions, and he gasped as her womanhood seemed to mold around him. Soon her heartbeat could be heard, like a steady drum, picking up as he went. He felt it closing around his member in the same way, and soon his motions were giving him as much pleasure as they gave her.

He cried out in pleasure, more of the fluid filling his lungs as the walls contracted around him in a vicegrip that rivaled anything he’d been put through so far. He couldn’t hear Severa as the heartbeat around him quickened, then slowed. He felt a pair of massive fingers grab his tied ankles and begin to pull him out.

He coughed as soon as he was back in the low light of her chamber. It was an odd cough, as though he was expelling water from his lungs but at the same time, he didn’t feel the burning feeling he normally would.

“That was wonderful Hum- Gareth,” she said with a pleased sigh. Noticing his continued coughing she giggled, “I suppose I should have warned you that my… fluids, are breathable. It wouldn’t do if our poor little males drowned trying to do their duty now would it?”

“No,” he rasped, once the last of the stuff was out of his lungs. The oily fluid still coated his naked body, and now that it wasn’t filling him he could smell the musky sweetness it gave off. “Still, yes I would have liked a warning.”

“Oh, but you thrashed around so well when you were holding your breath,” she pouted. A glint entered her eye suddenly, “Gareth… what do you know about spiders?”


“They’ve got eight legs and build webs,” he said. He stopped himself before calling them “devilish.”

“Do you know what happens to the male spider after mating?” she said. Her free hand appeared and with a flash of movement began webbing him up again.

“N-No,” he said nervously as his bound form was dangled closer to her face.

“The female is usually just FAMISHED,” Severa said, rubbing her stomach. As if in time he heard it rumble, the growl of her hunger echoed off the walls. “Particularly if the male has performed well… So, she eats him!” She laughed seeing his horrified expression, “Call it the reward for a job well done, and you’ve done a VERY good job Gareth.”

He shouted in terror as her mouth opened and she slowly lowered him in, suspending him by a single string of her thread. The world went dark as her lips closed behind him, and he began to panic again as her tongue forced him to the back of her mouth.

“SEVERA STOP!” he shouted, “WE CAN TALK ABOUT THI-“

He was cut off by powerful muscles squeezing him on all sides and forcing him downward, he heard the unmistakable sound of a gulp.

…And he was suddenly pulled back upwards, the thread holding his ankles bound had held. The mouth opened again, and he was once more dangling before the face of a very amused Severa.

“I’m sorry, but I just had to toy with you one more time,” she chuckled.

“Why does everyone in this swamp think it’s funny to pretend to eat me?” He asked, a bit annoyed.

“Because it IS funny Gareth,” she sighed contentedly, “Now, I didn’t lie about mating making a spider hungry, wait here while I get us some food.”

She casually tossed his still bound form into the webbed wall, where he stuck instantly. He could do nothing but wait as she scuttled back up the dark tunnel, a moment later she returned with a shockingly large piece of bread and a sausage the size of his entire body. He saw a claw extend again from her finger as she cut him loose, catching him in her palm and gently settling him on her large abdomen. Another flash of the claw and she was handing him a chunk of the meat that was the size of a feast day ham. With nothing else to do he took a bite, savoring the cured meat.

Like before with the alligator, he found he couldn’t recognize the meat. It was almost like pork, but it had a strange taste to it. He froze, it couldn’t be… she wouldn’t give him…

“Severa,” he said quietly, “You er… don’t eat humans right?”

She froze and glared at him, “I do not follow Lessie’s ridiculous Rules,” she snapped. Seeing his fearful expression she sighed, “I do not kill for sport, or enjoyment. Rest assured that those humans who met their end through me well and truly earned whatever happened.” Seeing his horrified expression she rolled her eyes, “That sausage is wild boar.”

They ate in silence for a moment after that, Gareth set his meat down and thought the matter over. Severa definitely was not “civilized” in the manner the Lamia were, why had Lessie proposed this?

“The Lamia seem to think you don’t like humans,” he said gingerly.

She paused, “Gareth,” she said softly, “We had a wonderful time together, but we can leave it at that. You don’t need to go through with whatever Lessie bullied you into.”

“That’s the thing,” he said slowly, “Lessie isn’t a fool, and I don’t think she wanted us together simply because she wants you to help us resolve this matter with the Elves.” He swallowed nervously seeing her dark expression but kept going, “I’m going to ask again, why don’t you like humans? Did we… hurt you?”

“No,” she muttered. She chuckled softly, “Gods above, I knew I would regret being friends with that snake…” She took a last bite of her bread and swallowed it down.

“We Arachne spend the first part of our lives at a much smaller size,” she said, “I wasn’t much bigger than your Lamia friend is now, the littler one, I mean… Phoebe I think her name was. Still larger than any human to be sure, but I had human friends.” She chuckled wistfully, “I was part of a party of adventurers if you can believe it.”

“Really?” he asked, “What backwards kingdom still has wandering adventurers?”

“It wasn’t anywhere near your empire that’s for certain,” she said, “But I got bigger as the years went on, I became a burden… So one day, I gathered them all around, and told them I had to leave.”

“How did they take it?” he asked quietly.

“They begged me to stay.” She blinked a tear out of one of her eyes, “We did have good times together, but I was bankrupting our group just feeding myself.” She chuckled, “Every time I would go near a town they’d send out knights and sound the alarm… my companions would always stick up for me, they almost got themselves killed after one particularly zealous group opened fire on all of us with crossbows. That was when I knew that I had to go. I was only thirty feet tall then, imagine how a human town would react seeing me approach now?”

“I’m sorry,” he said, “So… you don’t want humans to stay away because you hate them then?”

“No,” she muttered, “I can’t hate humans, you were some of my best friends. I want humans, and elves, and all settled peoples to stay away because they don’t belong in the wilds, no more than a monster belongs in civilization. Lessie’s dream is absurd, it’ll all end in tears.”

“It sounds like they all really cared about you,” Gareth said, thinking it over, “And you for them… Do you ever want to see your old party again?”

She just sighed, “A part of me somewhat hoped that they’d hear of this fortress I’ve built here, so far from where we lived, and then come to explore it one day.” She giggled, “They’d kick down the door ready to see a dragon or a werewolf, and I’d greet them with food and drink. For a little while at least it would be like it was back then.” Her face darkened, “But they’d have to go of course, it’s best for something like me to live out here…”

“No,” Gareth said, standing up, “I don’t think so.”

She blinked, “It’s not something I was asking your opinion on, you can’t HAVE an opinion on it it’s just a fact!”

“It’s not true at all!” he said, “Maybe you’re right, maybe you couldn’t be with your friends in that world, maybe they can’t be in this one you’ve made out here, but I don’t think Lessie is mad… I think we really could make something out here that works for the Lamia… and for you.” He drew himself up to his full height, still not particularly impressive to her, but it made him feel more confident. “You’ll see your old party again, and when they come, they’ll find that we’ve turned this swamp into a place that man, and monster, can call home.”

Severa stared at him a moment, then slowly smiled, “What about elves? Pixies even?”

He rolled his eyes, “I mean… I suppose, if they don’t break any rules or go around shrinking people-“ he saw her fighting down a laugh and scowled, “You’re making fun of me!”

“It’s hard not to Gareth,” she said, letting the laughter spill forward, “You’re so cute with your talk of squabble-free coexistence… Still, you seem genuine, and the gods love an earnest fool. I’ll join this marriage pact.”

His eyes lit up, “Really!?” he fought to contain his excitement, then dropped to one knee. “Severa,” he said breathlessly, “Will you marry me?”

Eight eyes rolled in unison, “Yes Gareth! Spare me the human courtship rituals, just call me your wife.” She paused a second and then groaned, “I’m going to have to talk to Lessie EVERY DAY now, aren’t I?”

“No going back now,” Gareth laughed. “Can you… maybe let them out now?”



Phoebe gasped and lashed her tail angrily as Severa cut through the threaded cocoon holding her in place. Severa slowly lowered her to the floor of the chamber where Gareth was waiting, without a word she slithered up to him and coiled around his body.

“Oh Gareth are you okay?” She asked eagerly, “I heard screaming-“

“It was a good screaming,” Severa chuckled.

Phoebe’s eyes went wide, “OH!” she giggled and ruffled Gareth’s hair, “Good work! I knew you could do it!” She noticed he was naked suddenly and she suddenly had a hungry look in her eyes, “Uhh… if you’re not spent yet Gareth-“

“Calm down snake,” Severa said with a laugh, “I can assure you I took good care of him.”

Phoebe frowned, and suddenly made direct eye contact with Gareth, “Gareth,” she said as the trance started, “Did you have fun?”

“It was fantastic,” he said dreamily, “I was so scared, but it just made everything that much more intense!” Phoebe nodded with approval and Gareth blinked as the trance broke.

“H-hey!” he protested, “You can’t just do that to me whenever you-“

“Ask him what my best feature is!” Severa asked suddenly.

“What’s Severa’s best feature?” Phoebe asked, her eyes flashing again.

“Her hair flows like water,” he said, “I like the way her eyes glitter, even the extra ones.”

“Wow,” Severa breathed. She looked down at Gareth longingly then collected herself and cleared her throat, “I’m uh… going to go get Lessie down.”

She descended a few minutes later with the larger Lamia slung over one arm, gently she set the groggy looking Lessie on the floor, and after a moment the larger Lamia groaned and sat up.

“What did I miss?” She muttered. “My head is killing me! Severa did you bite me?”

“You stole from me,” Severa said, her arms crossed, “And then you dropped a man on my doorstep and told him he had to marry me.”

“Well?” She asked expectantly. “Did you and Gareth…”

“They did!” Phoebe said excitedly, “It was great! I’m going to have to watch sometime!”

“What!?” Gareth and Severa both said in unison.

“It’s good to hear that SOMETHING went well,” Lessie muttered, rubbing her head, “but what about the proposal Severa?”

“I’ve agreed,” she said, “Though I still don’t appreciate how you did this Lessie.”

Lessie gave a smug smile, “Of course not, I’ll be more open with you in the future… after all we share a husband now.”

“I know this is a long shot,” Gareth said suddenly, “But Severa do you have any human clothes?” Seeing Lessie and Phoebe’s expression he sighed, “Severa saw fit to… tear my clothes off.”

Lessie’s eyes went wide, “Wow things must have REALLY gone well!”

“Let’s just keep him naked!” Phoebe said excitedly, “Come on Gareth Severa probably wants to see the goods!”

“Let me spin you some clothes,” the giant spider-woman chuckled. Phoebe just crossed her arms and huffed.

He was picked up in Severa’s hand and she began to spin the thread around him. Instead of binding him she delicately wove the threads around his form, creating a perfectly form fitting white outfit as she worked her way up his legs, then again down from his neck, creating a shirt.

She grinned at him, “Now watch what we can do while the threads are still attached…” she twitched her giant fingers ever so slightly, and he felt the silky material begin to rub across him in just the right way. He gasped as her fingers picked up speed, manipulating the thread and in turn the outfit she’d woven around him. He groaned as she brought him to climax, her laughter echoed as she slowly lowered him down to the ground before severing the strings.

“That was neat!” Phoebe said, “Hey Severa, watch this,” she slithered up to the groggy Gareth and coiled herself around him, before he could react, she grabbed his head and forced him to look up into her eyes, “Gareth you’re ready to go again!”

He gasped as he felt himself becoming erect, “Okay, now let’s just take a minute-“ he protested.

Lessie slithered up behind Phoebe, and for a moment he thought she was going to tell Phoebe to let him go, but she just grinned as her own eyes flashed.

“Gareth, you need to climax RIGHT NOW!”

He groaned as he came again, Phoebe’s coils holding him in place as he did.

“Gareth-“ Phoebe said eagerly, her eyes flashing onto his before he could look away, “You-“

Lessie laid a giant hand on her shoulder, “Phoebe we really should let this wait.” She chuckled as she saw the younger Lamia’s pouty expression. “Don’t worry we’ll have our share of fun with him later.”

“That was quite the display,” Severa muttered, stroking her chin, “So your trances can make a male… ready again? Just like that?”

“Mind over matter!” Phoebe giggled.

“It does eventually stop working,” Lessie said, “How long did it take the other night Gareth?”

“At least six hours,” he said, struggling out of Phoebe’s loosening coils. “I don’t really know for certain.”

Severa’s eyes went wide, then she laughed, “Oh you poor man Gareth! When this Elven business is done I’ll have to see that myself sometime.”

“Right,” he muttered, “And on that Elven business, what is our plan exactly? Should we just smash our way in and save the Queen?”

“Oh Gareth,” Lessie chuckled, “Let me handle that…”



Above the elven city the only light was the soft glow of torches. Most civilians had evacuated or hidden in their homes, outside the city the queen’s loyalists had gathered and their own campfires lit the hillside.

Romla watched from a balcony in the tower and laughed to herself, “I think your followers have decided they don’t have the numbers to storm the city your majesty.”

“My people are loyal,” The queen muttered. She was on her throne, a pair of rebel elves on each side. At least until the new moon arrived in full they had decided to let her sit on her throne.

“They are,” Romla admitted, skipping happily back into the throne room, “But by the time the rest of the kingdom even knows what’s happened you’ll be dead and your cousin will be sitting there.” Romla chuckled, “For getting rid of that Human of yours they’re going to let me watch when they kill you later tonight.”

“The new moon is not here yet,” The Queen said calmly.

“The gods don’t see without the moonlight,” Romla taunted, “you’ve nothing left your majesty, now try to summon the dignity you so eagerly threw at the human’s feet and spend your last hours with a bit of class.”



General Sylph looked at the city and swore angrily. The coup had worked, though the rebels only had a small portion of the military supporting them it was more than enough to hold the capital until the Queen’s execution. Then they’d have their own candidate on the throne, everyone would fall in line… no vengeance, no justice. She knew she would be kneeling and asking her for her own follower’s pardons by morning… the idea left a foul taste in her mouth.

“General,” one of her scouts shouted, running towards her so fast she nearly tripped over her bow.

“Calm down girl,” Sylph said, “What is it?”

“There’s a human envoy here!” She shouted excitedly, “h-he says he’s got reinforcements!”

“Impossible,” General Sylph said, “The only human anywhere near here is that fool who got himself killed in the swamps.”

“They’re approaching from the south General!” the scout said.

“There’s nothing but stagnant marsh in that direction until you reach the sea,” The general muttered. Had the humans somehow landed at the far end of the swamp and traversed it? No, it would take weeks!

There was commotion in the camp and alarm bells sounded, the general watched her well-disciplined elves ready their bows and spears. She peered into the darkness, hoping to get a look at what had set everyone to arms, and then gaped.

Lamia, hundreds of them in every color she could imagine. Not full grown, thank the gods, but still twice the height of any elf in her army. They slithered forward in formation, each wore a leather cap and had a massive longbow slung over their back. At least one of them, a red one, stood over the rest, at least as high as the city wall. The general’s mouth went dry as her gaze drifted higher, how had she not seen it? The Arachne that marched behind the Lamia was the largest she’d ever seen, the largest that ANYONE in the entire Kingdom had ever seen, the campfires caused her crimson eyes to dance, and as she loomed over the camp and the approaching Lamia Sylph very nearly gave the order to open fire.

“General,” A human voice called. Sylph tore her eyes off the monsters and gazed lower, at a human male. He wore a white material studded with rainbow colored armor, with a start the general realized that his mail was made of lamia scales, no doubt sourced from the mob that followed him. The only bit of human clothing that he seemed to have remaining was his belt, which held sword and pistol.

“G-Gareth,” Sylph gasped, “The human envoy? You’re alive!”

As he approached a pair of Lamia, the big red one, and a smaller green one, broke off from the rest and slithered at his sides.

“Alive and well,” he said grimly, “Is the Queen-“

“They won’t kill her until midnight,” the general said, “But it’s too late, and what in the name of the gods is going on out here?” She gestured at the Lamia, who waited a few dozen paces away, “You’ve dragged a mob of unruly monsters out of the swamp?”

“Hey!” the green Lamia exclaimed, “We’ve only been doing civilization for like twenty years! This is our first army!”

“A-Are they tame?” The elf asked quietly, looking up at Severa’s massive form nervously. The Arachne seemed to notice and aggressively licked her lips and smiled.

The larger Lamia sighed, “Gareth darling let me handle this, general could you look up here?”

General Sylph looked up at the red Lamia and only too late realized she’d made eye contact.

“You’ve been expecting us,” the Lamia said with a comforting smile, “I’m Lessie, the Lamia Queen, you want to turn over your command to me.”

“Of course,” The general said, she remembered now! It was so relieving to know that the reinforcements had finally arrived, “Everyone, all officers attention! The Lamia Queen is giving orders!”

There was some hesitation and General Sylph scowled, “Did I stutter? Runners, prepare to receive orders!”

Lessie coiled contentedly next to the general’s tent as a dozen elves nervously approached her.

“Come closer darlings, don’t worry I won’t bite… you anyway,” she chuckled at her own joke but it didn’t seem to put any of the elves at ease.

“Y-Your orders… your majesty?” one of the runners asked hesitantly.

At the “your majesty,” Lessie positively shivered with delight, “Order all units to prepare to storm the city,” she said gleefully.

“B-but we’re outnumbered heavily,” one of the elves protested, “And they’re entrenched!”

“Don’t worry about it,” Lessie said, “Your orders are to proceed with caution and secure the city block by block, also arrest and imprison any traitors you capture.”

The elves looked at each other doubtfully, “My own forces will spearhead the assault,” she said with a smile that showed her fangs, “You will have MANY looking to surrender.” The elves looked at her fearfully until she sighed, “Go! Get to it!” Like birds scattering after a falling tree the elves were off in all directions, and soon the camp was humming with activity.

“Is that wise?” Gareth asked her, “For the Lamia… for us to be leading the assault?”

Lessie sighed, “It’s a higher risk strategy, but we don’t have much time. Our best bet is to use terror.”

“I like it,” Severa said, grinning down, “I’m guessing I play a big part in this?”

“Indeed,” Lessie said, “do try to keep the body count low, these civil wars cause enough bad blood as it is.”

Severa snapped a finger and a fireball the size of a horse appeared in her massive hand, “I’ll do my best,” she said in a low voice.

“And what about me?” Gareth asked, “Am I leading the snakes through the front gate?”

Lessie laughed, “Oh no Gareth I’m not risking you there, Phoebe!” the younger Lamia stood at attention. “Once Severa takes the gate down I want you and Gareth to go straight to the palace, can you climb that tree there?” She pointed to the large tree in the center of the Elven city.

Phoebe squinted, “Yeah I think so, Gareth can probably hold on for a few minutes until we get in a window or something.”

“Wait we’re climbing it?” He asked.

“I’m not,” Lessie said with a chuckle, “I’m far too… curvy, for those branches.”

“Fat,” Severa mouthed behind her, Phoebe giggled and Lessie shot a quick angry glance back at the Arachne.

“There won’t be many defenders inside the palace,” Lessie said, “the two of you should make short work of any you find in there. You need to get to the Queen and get her somewhere safe. Once it’s clear the city has fallen, I believe the rebels will try to kill her regardless of the status of the moon.”

“You got it!” Phoebe said, hugging Gareth close.

“Right then,” Lessie muttered, “Let loose the snakes of war!”



A full-grown Lamia is a creature that, in human settlements, requires a response from either experienced parties of adventurers or the regular military. At over eighty feet long and with scales hard enough to deflect most steel weapons they are extremely formidable opponents physically. While their upper halves are more vulnerable, they are still extremely strong and fast. Reports from the field indicate that, with warning, they can catch crossbow bolts out of the air, and when enraged, can easily knock over city gates, turn a charging horse, or lift and toss cannons with ease. Other hazards include their poisonous fangs, which can incapacitate a man in minutes, and the notorious “Lamia gaze” which they can use to temporarily entrance targets at close range.

Lessie had added to her people’s already ample innate defenses by insisting that they all learn archery, and with the vision and agility of a Lamia they were natural studies. While she told the younger Lamia that it was for hunting the truth was that she’d always wanted the option to fight if the Elves, or anyone else for that matter, came for her and her Queendom. Lessie’s Lamia were not full grown as she was, but despite their sheltered living and relative naivete on the matters of war they were some of the most dangerous fighters on the planet.

Lessie herself had only ever skimmed a book on military tactics, she’d been quickly bored and had left it in her tent to gather dust while she reread romance novels and the occasional history text instead. Still, with three hundred Lamia at her command, backed by a hundred-foot Arachne sorceress, she didn’t exactly need to be a tactical genius.

For their part the rebel Elves were well trained, disciplined, and believed themselves ready for anything the loyalist army would throw at them. A terror attack of shock and awe was mostly unheard of in Elven warfare though, and when the gate exploded and the first hundred hissing snake-women surged through the elves very quickly found their formations and defensive lines collapsing. Not even a single volley was managed before the walls fell.

Throughout the battlefield the loyalist forces attempted to march out to retake areas of the city that were rapidly falling as their lines collapsed, but webbing flew down and they found themselves bound and dangling from the massive tree canopies of their city. Severa easily leapt between them, scurrying and webbing as she went. She laughed as a group of elven mages hurled fireballs at her, she caught them easily in her hand, and after muttering a few incantations to dramatically increase the size, sent them back the way they’d come.




“Romla we’ve got to evacuate the palace!” one of the elves shouted, “The Queen’s people have already retaken half the city!”

“That’s impossible!” she shouted, “it’s got to be a trick!”

An explosion echoed outside and Romla ran to the window, her eyes went wide as she saw an Arachne, at least a hundred feet tall, tearing a defensive fort apart with her bare hands. Romla’s hands were shaking as she backed away, this couldn’t be happening!”

“Sky!” she shouted, calling her pixy to her, there was a flash of pink as the fey landed on her shoulder.

“What’s up boss?” She asked.

“Things have taken a turn,” she said, “We’re not playing with superstition and ritual another minute, let’s kill the queen and-“

There was the sound of a window shattering and the two of them looked down the hall to see glass skittering across the floor. A figure leapt through it and the two of them gaped as they saw Gareth, the human they’d left for dead in the swamps just a few days earlier. He spotted them and drew his sword.

“Fancy meeting a pair of traitors like you here!” He snarled, drawing his sword.

“What in the name of the gods are you wearing?” Romla asked.

“Spun silk and Lamia scales,” he replied, “A bit garish for my taste but they’re harder than steel.”

Behind him a green haired face peeked in, and with lightning speed a Lamia slithered in and coiled in a defensive pose next to the human with a readied bow.

“I suppose this madness is your doing?” Romla said, drawing a pair of curved knives. “An army of pet Lamia, and what is that spider thing doing here? Did you offer her gold or just a human princess to snack on later?”

“Excuse me!?” Phoebe said in an offended tone, “That is his WIFE out there! Show a little respect!”

The elf paused, “The Arachne is your…” She blinked, “Humans are so depraved!”

“Don’t call my husband depraved!” Phoebe shouted.

“Wait, you too?!” she asked weakly.

“Damn,” Sky muttered, fluttering her wings slightly, “It sounds like the human gets up to some pretty wild stuff, maybe I’m on the wrong side?” She giggled, “Hey Gareth, with you and the spider-lady how do you-“

“Enough!” Romla shouted. She charged forward, screaming a battle cry. Gareth fell back, blocking her blows. The pixy laughed and veered for him, and for a minute he worried he’d be shrunk again, but Phoebe grabbed her out of the air.

“Not this time!” she shouted. Turning back to her husband she saw he was evenly matched, waiting for her opening she struck, her fangs out, biting Romla just on the shoulder.

“Burning hells!” she screamed, flinching away. She spun towards the Lamia but her eyes were already drooping as the poison took effect. She tried to raise her knives but she was already too weak, and a moment later they clattered to the floor, followed by her slumping form.

“Romla!” the pixy said in a panic.

“I only gave her enough venom to knock her out,” Phoebe said, slithering past the collapsed elf, “Lessie said we shouldn’t kill them unless we had to.”

The two of them continued through the hallways until they came to a large door, ornately carved with scenes of Elves, trees, and the moon overhead. Gareth tried it, and wasn’t surprised to find it was bolted shut from the other side.

“The throne room is through there,” he said, gesturing at the door, “I think it’s where the Queen will be.”

Lessie gave the door a shove herself, a brilliant bright light flashed and pushed her back. She screamed and rubbed her shoulder where it had made contact.

“So how are we getting in?” she asked, rubbing her shoulder gingerly.

“You can’t!” the pixie said, squirming in Phoebe’s hand, “It’s magically sealed. Let me go! I’ll just fly away I promise!”

Phoebe studied the door, then brightened, “Look up there Gareth, there’s a little hole leading into the next room!”

“That’s a pixy door!” Sky said, “it’s just for us, you’re too big to get in.”

Phoebe glanced at the pixy and then at Gareth, his eyes widened, “Oh no, we’ll find another way in-“

“Pixy, shrink Gareth for me,” Phoebe ordered.

“What!?” Sky exclaimed, “No way!” let me go.

With a sigh Phoebe brought the pixy up to her mouth, “Oh well, since we can’t get in I’ll just snack on this yummy little pixy.”

Sky screamed as Phoebe’s forked tongue rapped around her, drawing her past the Lamia’s smirking lips. She closed her mouth for a minute and Gareth could hear the muted screams.

“Okay now Phoebe,” he said gently, “don’t you think she’s had enough?”

Phoebe just smirked, refusing to open her mouth she shook her head, “No.”

The pleading continued from in Phoebe’s mouth until Gareth sighed, “We both know you won’t REALLY eat her. Am I going to have to pry her out?”

Phoebe giggled and finally opened her mouth, uncoiling her tongue from the panicked Pixy as she spat her back out into her hands. Sky’s defiant attitude was gone, she was soaked in spit and shaking.

“Now will you shrink Gareth for me?” Phoebe asked sweetly.

“Y-Yeah,” Sky muttered, “J-Just give me a minute.”

“It’s too bad you humans can’t have pixy dust Gareth,” Phoebe commented, licking her lips, “it really is one of the best seasonings. Sky shuddered.

“I’m still not sold on this plan,” Gareth said, “What am I supposed to do in there at a few inches tall?”

“There will be a spell circle,” Sky said, “Just break it somehow, maybe mess it up, I don’t know.”

“Sounds good,” Phoebe said eagerly, “Now make him tiny!”

Sky flew towards Gareth and began circling him, raining the golden dust down on him that he remembered from before. He felt the itching over his body as his clothes expanded around him, his belt and weapons clattered to the floor, and a moment later he stood naked inside his own shirt collar. The pixy hovered down next to him, standing just a head taller than him.

“You cut a nice figure human,” she smirked, looking over his nude form. “If you ever want to have some fun sometime-“

“Hey!” Phoebe shouted. A pair of giant hands grabbed both of them, and soon both of them were held in front of Phoebe’s fuming face, “Look here Pixy, you stay away from him! You’re bad news!”

“Oh so you can share your human with a hundred foot spider, but not with me?” Sky teased, some of her defiance was coming back, “Whatever snake, just let me go!”

“Severa is nice,” Phoebe rebuked, but she did release the pixy, who fluttered around her hesitantly.

Phoebe reared up on her tail, easily giving herself the height to reach the small portal at the top of the door. She placed Gareth in it and let herself back down.

“Okay Gareth as soon as you get the door open I’ll bust in there and coil up any of the rebels that are left!”

“Let’s hope so,” he muttered. He remembered being chased by Romla the first time he’d been shrunk, dodging a pair of elven boots the size of a wagon didn’t appeal to him. He crept along the small tunnel meant to allow Pixies easy movement through the palace, it did open in the next room but he soon found another problem. Pixies, unlike humans, could fly, and the pixy door opened a good ten feet off the ground.

“Need a hand?” He turned and saw Sky flutter next to him.

He raised his fists defensively, “Whatever you’re thinking-“ he began, but she placed a finger over his lips to silence him.

“So it’s pretty clear your side is going to win this,” Sky said, “and I’m looking to jump ship and land on the winning team.”

He thought a minute, “Fair enough,” he muttered, “So what, you’ll fly me down there?”

“Not quite,” Sky said with a devious grin, “I think I want in on this marriage pact thing you’re doing.”

“Absolutely not,” he said firmly, “I’m not going to be bullied into ANOTHER marriage.”

Sky rolled her eyes and looked down into the throne room, “Uh oh, those elves sure look jumpy.”

Peering down Gareth scowled, she was right. The pair of remaining rebel soldiers did look jumpy, and at the sounds of battle outside they inched towards the Queen. For her part the Elven Queen was projecting a look of calm, even as the soldiers began talk of executing her.

“The loyalists must have launched a surprise attack,” one of the soldiers said to her partner, “We should just kill the Queen, then they’ll stop!”

“B-But the new moon isn’t for another hour!” the other protested, “Do you really want to kill her when the Gods can see?”

“Do you really believe in that stuff?” The first one muttered, “I don’t know about the Gods but we’ll be hung as traitors if that army makes it up here and she’s still alive!”

The queen’s façade was starting to shatter, and as Gareth and Sky watched she swallowed nervously and began fidgeting with the edge of her armrest.

“Gods damn you,” Gareth muttered, “Fine, I agree to your terms.”

“Yes!” Sky practically danced, “Now come here cutie!” she looped her arms under his, and with a flutter they lifted off the ground. Gently she flew them down close to the floor and they landed behind a carved wooden pillar while the guards continued their argument.

“There’s the circle,” Sky said, pointing to a ring of salt with a few burning candles at the edges. “Just mess up the circle or knock one of the candles over and your snake will be able to get the door open.”

The two of the crept quietly towards the circle, Gareth glanced in the direction of the throne and briefly made eye contact with the Queen. So she saw them at least, but while her eyes went wide she said nothing, letting the guards continue to talk.

“I’m just saying if we kill her now we are screwed, even if we get her cousin on the-“ The elf blinked, spotting movement out of the corner of her eye. “Hey!”

Sky and Gareth froze, the Pixy reacted first, “Look comrades!” she said, pointing him, “I’ve shrunk and captured this human!”

“Where’s Romla?” The first guard asked angrily. The two stepped away from the throne and began walking towards them. Gareth swallowed nervously as he looked up at the massive elves approaching them.

“She’s organizing the defenses,” Sky said quickly, “I uhhh… caught this guy, and now he’s tiny.”

“What are you doing in the middle of the floor?” The guard asked, “Why didn’t you just-“

Gareth sighed and without giving them a chance to come to the natural conclusion, that Sky had betrayed them, he sprinted as fast as his tiny body could carry him towards the magic circle.

“Hey!” the elves shouted, they rushed forward, and Gareth could hear the massive boots on the ground behind him.

With a shout he leapt into a full body tackle of one of the burning candles. It shook, and a moment later the wax candle fell to the ground. There was a shower of sparks around the salt circle and a smell of ozone, the spell was broken.

“Now Phoebe!” he shouted as loud as he could.

He heard the Lamia crash into the barred door, buckling it on the hinges. It was as he’d feared, it would still take Phoebe a minute or two to break the door down even without the magic. He looked up at the approaching, and infuriated, giant elves.

“You’re paste human!” One said lifting her boot.

He braced himself, but there was a flash of pink and suddenly he was being lifted off the ground. Sky was struggling to carry him and grunting with exertion as she wove in between the Elven soldiers legs. Her wings fluttered and they crashed to the floor just behind the elves.

“The pixy’s flipped!” One of the elves shouted angrily. The door rattled again as Phoebe continued trying to knock it down.

“Sorry about this Gareth,” Sky muttered, “But I think I’m going to need to do some fancy flying, and you’re just to heavy right now.”

Before he could react she threw a handful of gold dust in his face, he coughed and tried not to panic as he felt the familiar shrinking sensation. A second later Sky, the tiny pixy who could ride on an elf’s shoulder, was standing over him.

She bent down to pick him up in her hand and smirked, “From the other side this is kind of fun!” She glanced up at the approaching elves and cursed under her breath. “All right human, hold on!” she stuffed him between her breasts, and the pink orbs held him in place as she quickly pulled a pair of strings on the back of her dress, tightening it and smothering him.

She flittered off as an Elven boot came down where they had been standing just a moment before. She weaved between their legs again, easily rising in the air this time. With a triumphant laugh she did a barrel roll, Gareth shouted as he slipped, but with one hand she firmly shoved him back into her cleavage.

A crash reverberated through the room as Phoebe finally knocked the door clean off it’s hinges. The elves turned in shock, but by the time they could raise their weapons Phoebe was already on them. They were coiled, and then like Romla a quick bite to each of their shoulders and then they quickly passed out.

“Is that all of them?” Phoebe asked the Queen, who seemed a bit shaken.

“I…” She cleared her throat, “Yes that is all of them. Thank you Miss… Lamia.”

“No problem, I’m Phoebe your majesty!” she said, uncoiling and letting the two knocked out guards fall to the floor. “Hey did you see a human come in here? I shrank my husband Gareth so he could sneak in and-“

“Husband?” The queen asked, her brow furrowing, “Gareth? The human envoy?”

“Yeah, we haven’t been together long, but I’m really growing attached to him!” She said eagerly, “Don’t take this the wrong way your majesty but storming your palace was the most fun I’ve ever had.”

“Right here!” Sky called, hovering down to the floor. She pulled Gareth out of her breasts and triumphantly held him up.

Phoebe was always bigger than him, and Gareth had been shrunk around her before… but now? Double-shrunk? She was a mountain. She leaned down to the tiny pixy and narrowed her slitted eyes.

“Gareth? WOW!” she laughed, the vibration shaking his body, “You’re REALLY small now!”

“It’s cool right?” Sky said, “And I can make him this size any time you want!”

Phoebe frowned, “What do you mean?”

“I’m going to be his wife too!”

“WHAT!?” Phoebe said, rearing up angrily, “Oh no no no! Lessie is going to hear about this!”

“It’s what it cost to get my help!” Sky protested, “I don’t think it’s unfair at all.”

“Imagine demanding a marriage to do the right thing,” Phoebe groused.

“Actually-“ Gareth started.

“She can’t hear you,” Sky said with a shrug, “You’re way too small.”

“Are you at least rich or something?” Phoebe asked, arms crossed.

“Heavily indebted actually!” Sky said with a smug smile.

“I’m sorry,” The elf queen said, “I’m very confused, could someone please explain to me what’s going on? I would like to properly thank my rescuers.”

“And you’ll have ample opportunity!” Lessie called, the outer hallway was filled by her massive form suddenly. She was clearly struggling to maneuver in the palace designed for elves, thankfully it had high ceilings. She managed to duck under the ruined doorframe and, in the large open hall of the palace was able to draw herself up to her full height. Behind her a dozen Elven soldiers followed, and took up positions around the room.

“A-Are you also with Gareth?” The elven queen asked hesitantly.

“His second wife, yes,” Lessie said proudly. “I am Lessie, Queen of the Lamia!”

“I really like Matriarch better Lessie,” Phoebe said, but she went silent when the older Lamia glared at her.

“Second wife?” The Queen sat back in her throne in shock.

“And don’t forget his third,” Severa’s voice echoed outside the hall as her eye filled one of the large glass windowpanes.

Another elf entered the room suddenly, General Sylph breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the Queen.

“Your majesty,” she began, “I know it’s… unorthodox, but these monsters drove the rebels before us!”

“Indeed,” The queen said, in almost in a stupor, “I must admit I had begun to prepare myself for death… Thank you, all of you.”

“All thanks to this guy!” Sky said, holding up Gareth’s tiny form.

Everyone in the room peered, trying to see what the Pixy was holding in her hand. Gareth sighed and waved.

“I’d hoped to make a more dignified show of things,” he muttered.

“Too bad,” Sky teased, “So… the big Lamia is kind of running this thing, right?”

“More than I’d care to admit,” Gareth said.

“Could you uh… put in a good word for me with her?”



With the coup foiled order was quickly restored in the Elven capital and in the rest of the kingdom. The coup plotters were all rounded up and arrested, and the human officials who had arranged for Gareth’s lack of preparation were also implicated and dealt with. For the Empire it was a massive boon, a relatively minor member of the nobility had not only restored their ally to her throne, he had made a new alliance with a powerful faction of civilized Lamia.

“Gareth look,” Phoebe said excitedly, reading the latest letter that had arrived from the imperial capital, “You’ve been added to the list of the Emperor’s honorary brothers!”

“Great,” He muttered, leaning back on the cushion in Lessie’s tent, “Add it to the others.”

A pink blur went by, “The elves gave you the title of Guardian of the forest too!” Sky said excitedly.

“I’m giving you title of Swamp Knight,” Lessie muttered, not even bothering to look at them as she read her own letters from the human Emperor, “I won’t have all these other monarchs giving you extra titles without me.”

Gareth groaned and sat up, “Swamp Knight? What in the god’s name is a swamp knight?”

“I don’t know,” Lessie muttered absently, “Protect the swamp, or something.”

“As you wish,” Gareth muttered, picking himself up and walking out of the tent.



With the new road getting to Severa’s dungeon wasn’t nearly the ordeal it had been a few months prior. He was able to walk the distance in fair amount of time, and he passed a number of Lamia, and even elves, on the way. A lot of construction had begun since the first round of human “Husbands” had arrived. As it turned out it hadn’t been difficult at all for the Empire to find men willing to marry the Lamia, the treaty had been easily satisfied.

He walked up to the massive entrance, and as it had before the fires lit automatically as he entered.

“Severa!” He called, but instead of a response like he expected he heard chatter and laughter from the main antechamber. His brow furrowed as he continued. When he finally reached the center of the structure he found Severa, hanging a few feet off the ground, chatting and laughing with an odd group.

“Severa?” He repeated.

“Gareth!” She said excitedly, “This is my old adventuring party! They heard about everything and they traveled all the way here!”

“Pleased to meet yah lad!” A grizzled berserker with an axe over his shoulder said with a wave.

“You’d best be treating our girl well!” A halfling holding a harp joked, “She’s very delicate!”

They all laughed, “Please,” An elven mage said when they were done, “We all know she carried us!”

“Literally, a few times!” Severa laughed.

“Someone pour me some wine,” Gareth said, walking to join them, “I think I need to hear some of these stories.”



Gareth von Berger is considered by historians to be one of the Empire’s greatest heroes. His clever marital alliances secured a powerful army which he then used to turn the tide of history, he is also regarded as a father of the Lamia Queendom, which stands as one of the Empire’s proudest partners to this day. The Elves have their own accounts of him, which portray him as a somewhat bumbling, but well-intentioned man who saved their Queen in a moment of peril. He was often called into the service of three nations which had found himself bound to, and the Human Empire, the Elven Kingdom, and the Lamia Kingdom sent him to the far corners of the world pursuing their interests at various points in his life.

Lessie, the first Lamia Queen, transformed the southern marshes from a barren swampland into a vibrant and populated landscape. Word of her success spread, and soon Lamia from all over the world were arriving to swear loyalty to her, and she proudly proclaimed she would find husbands for every one. “The Rules,” the guiding principles which she had codified for Lamia behavior, where quickly scrutinized, and then accepted by the Imperial church as well as a number of smaller denominations. There is to this day debate on canonizing her as a saint, though the odd commandment on sleeping in on Saturdays still gives theologians pause. She had one daughter, who succeeded her as Queen.

Sky the Pixy was one of Gareth von Berger’s wives who was most often seen with him while traveling. While popular in the Imperial capital for her tendency to buy drinks for entire taverns she enjoys a mixed reputation in higher society circles. Rumor has it she would often encourage women to dose their husband’s drinks with Pixy dust, often claiming that it would “spice up marriages.” Pixy dust antidotes tended to be in short supply wherever she went, the reader is left to draw their own conclusions as to her activities in human settlements. Her lineage is unknown past the first generation, as Pixies do not care to keep records of such things.

Severa the Arachne served as chief mage for the fledgling Lamia kingdom. She began offering to share her knowledge with anyone who wished to learn it, and her tower became a common point of pilgrimage for anyone in the Elven, Human, or Lamia nations that wished to learn the mystic arts. Her offspring are known to have settled on the outlying shores of the Swamps, and while they live apart from other peoples, they are quite welcoming to travelers.

Phoebe the Lamia, the first of Gareth von Berger’s wives, was offered titles and honors by three kingdoms, though all who knew her agree she didn’t care much. Along with Sky, the Pixy, she was most commonly seen with Von Berger during his travels, and she is a regular figure in the stories written about those adventures. Her cheer and enthusiasm would guide Von Berger, and his other wives, through dark times like a lighthouse in a storm. Her lineage is quite widespread in the Lamia kingdom.

Historian’s Note: While it is widely rumored that Gareth von Berger and his wives coauthored “Recreational Use of Pixy Dust: Size Changing in the Bedroom” There is no firm evidence or admission of this. The reader is left to form their own opinion, but THIS author reminds them that before they give in to tabloid innuendo the parties involved are heroes to multiple kingdoms.

End Notes:

I might pick up these characters again for a different adventure at some point.

An Imperial Invitation Pt. 1 by Greenanon

Gareth waded through the waist high water slowly, quietly, his short carbine flintlock held over his head to avoid wetting the powder. He’d been a fair hunter and tracker, but that was in the northern ranges of the Empire’s snowy frontier. Here in the swampy marshland, he’d had to relearn everything but how to fire a gun from scratch. He liked to think he’d become skilled at moving and tracking in this terrain, he’d had a good teacher.

Phoebe, the first of his wives, slinked silently through the water herself, her massive form low and slithering through the reeds. The green haired Lamia’s human half alone was larger than he was, with a form that would have put her at over nine feet had she legs instead of the lengthy snake tail that followed behind her. She saw his look and winked a slit pupiled eye at him, blowing him a quick kiss as her forked tongue danced over her lips briefly.

He smirked and jokingly blew a kiss back, careful to keep quiet. Phoebe frowned, then peered ahead, motioning for him to follow her as she slithered through the reeds. She slinked up on a muddy island covered in vegetation, hunkering low to avoid being seen. She unslung her bow from her back, readying an arrow as Gareth followed her.

As the grass parted, he finally spotted the prey they’d been tracking. A group of five humans, all males, had gathered on another island a few hundred yards away. They were struggling to build a campfire, four sweating men fanned themselves, while the fifth, a younger looking fellow, struggled to get the flint to light. The bandits had reportedly killed several domesticated alligators, and robbed a caravan of goods headed towards the Lamia village. Gareth intended to show them why banditry was so rare, even in the sparsely populated swamplands of the nascent Lamia kingdom.

“That’s all five of them,” he whispered to Phoebe, “they don’t even have anyone keeping watch…” It was a pathetic bunch now that he had a look at them, their weapons weren’t proper soldier’s arms, mostly a mix of wood hatchets and pitchforks, farming implements? The one firearm, an ancient looking blunderbuss, was leaned against a willow tree sprouting from the island’s soil, Gareth wondered if they’d even managed to keep the powder dry.

“So what do you think?” Phoebe hissed excitedly, “You could shoot the one closest to the gun, then I can slither up and wrap the rest of them up easily!” A quick flash of a mirror caught both of their attention, and they looked back beyond the bandits to see a blue haired Lamia slinking through the water, quickly meeting their eyes with a grin.

“Samantha’s in place,” Phoebe said, “none of them will get away…”

The other Lamia was one of the more skilled archers, and an easy pick for a potentially dangerous task in the swamp. She was also one of the Lamia who hadn’t yet found a husband, which meant she was eager to do anything that might involve meeting palatable males, bandit or otherwise. He’d had a talk with her before they set out, explaining that these men could be dangerous, but it hadn’t seemed to sink in.

Gareth didn’t really worry now; this was not the hardened group of outlaws he’d feared. One Lamia was more than enough for them, two plus a human fighter was overkill. In truth he felt that this lot might even flee even before a single dogged attacker like himself. He thought over the situation and then with a smile reached into his front pocket.

“H-Hey!” a sleepy voice protested. Sky the pixy groaned as her dark purple hair poked over the edge of his pocket, followed by her bleary face. With a sigh she hefted herself up, her arms hanging limply.

“Come on Sky,” he said with a smirk, “you’ve slept in enough.”

“Fine,” the pixy murmured, rubbing her eyes as she fluttered her translucent wings and lifted herself up to land on his shoulder. “What do you guys want?”

“Could you fly over to that island and shrink those men for me?” Gareth asked. “I’d like to take them all alive; I don’t think they’re the types to know how to deal with someone like you.”

Sky shrugged, “I guess, just give me a minute to get some pixy dust ready.” She lifted off from Gareth’s shoulder, fluttering her wings as a small cloud of gold dust built up around her. Gareth involuntarily leaned back, well familiar with the effects pixy dust had on humans.

With a flourish the pixy was off, a lit ball of gold light flying towards the bandit camp. The men noticed too late, and didn’t recognize what they were seeing, standing up to gaze, slack jawed, at the pixy. One by one she flew around them, being sure to give each man a dusting of the golden flakes raining off her wings, and in turn they panicked as their clothes loosened and the world grew larger.

Gareth slung the carbine across his back and started walking towards the camp, Phoebe followed his lead and put her bow across her own back, slithering forward. The two of them watched as Samanatha approached from the other side of the island.

For the men on the ground, it was a terrifying experience, one minute they’d been lounging in their camp, and the second they were a few inches tall, scrabbling to get out of their pooled clothing.

There was a slithering sound of scale on mud, and the five shrunken men looked up in horror to see a gigantic blue haired snake woman, her short bobbed haircut matching the cerulean scales that glistened brilliantly in the morning light, just a few of them traced into the sides of her otherwise pretty face, leading to pointed ears.

“Hi, I’m Samantha!” the Lamia said with a smile. She’d hoped it would be disarming, but it showed her fangs, and her slitted pupils and forked tongue were all well visible at this distance, and more frightening given the men’s reduced size.

The five of them screamed and tried to run, but Samantha almost casually plucked each one of them out of the mud, tossing them into a small leather satchel she wore dangling just above where her skin met the scales of her snakelike tail. She hummed happily to herself as she shook the bag, listening with a giggle as the shrunken humans wailed with terror.

“Let’s see,” she hissed, sticking a finger into the bag.

The first man she drew out scurried to the back of her palm, almost falling out, she curled her fingers slightly, to keep him from tipping over the edge. He was strong looking, but maybe a bit bulky for her preference, and she wasn’t a fan of the beard… Her tongue darted over the shrunken human, taking in his scent and taste.

“P-Please!” he begged, “don’t eat me!”

“We don’t eat humans,” Samantha said indignantly, “we’re civilized!” she tossed him back into the bag and continued her search.

“Sam!” Phoebe said, slithering up with Gareth at her side, “what are you doing?”

“I was just catching the humans,” she said defensively, unconsciously she held the bag away from the other Lamia. “I haven’t gotten a husband yet, and I was just checking to see if any of these ones were… suitable.”

“The Empire will find husbands for all of you eventually,” Gareth promised. He was confident it would, Humanity’s empire was vast, and finding a few hundred eligible bachelors, even to marry a tribe of snake women, was a trivial thing. Still, six months on only the first hundred or so “husbands” had arrived, and some of the Lamia waiting in line were voicing their impatience.

Samantha reached into the bag again, causing the shrunken men inside to panic, trying to hold on to their friend as the massive fingers drew him out. Gareth saw it was the younger man who had been trying to start the fire, Samantha’s eyes lit up excitedly as she looked over his handsome form. Her thumb casually pushed his arms out of the way as he tried to cover himself, and he shivered as that forked tongue danced over his naked body.

“OOH!” Samantha said excitedly, “this one Gareth, I pick this one!”

He rolled his eyes and glanced at Phoebe, who was fighting down a giggle. The Lamia of the swamp were, by Lamia standards, extremely civilized, but despite Queen Lessie’s teachings many of them still had very monster-like instincts. These instincts tended to surface particularly around unattached men.

“You can’t just steal husbands,” Phoebe said knowledgably, nodding with a smile at Gareth, “he’s supposed to ask you.”

Samantha frowned, “Yeah but-“

“He’s a captured bandit,” Gareth said with a chuckle, “why don’t you take him to the jail back in town, and Lessie can make a decision on what to do with him. This lot doesn’t seem like hardened criminals, they’ll probably just get a few months of manual labor, try chatting him up then.”

Samantha beamed, “Okay!” She dangled the handsome young man in front of her face, “You and me are going to get to know each other,” her snakelike tongue hissed out again, tracing over the man and causing him to panic. Giggling at his reaction she reached down into her exposed cleavage, tucking the man between her breasts and reaching back to tighten her top, holding her captive in place. “Let’s get you guys to jail!” she said cheerfully, patting the squirming leather satchel that held the man’s companions.

Sky buzzed down and landed on Gareth’s shoulder, “Bandits cleared,” she said with a yawn, “can we head back home now?”

“I think I’d like to go visit Severa,” Gareth said, looking at the tower of her fortress in the distance, “since we’re out so far anyway.” 

The Arachne was his third wife in the political marriage that Lessie, now the Lamia Queen, had arranged. The hundred-foot spider-woman had intimidated him at first, but he found that he’d ended up enjoying her company as much as any of his other wives, bizarre as it was to share a cup of tea or a glass of wine with someone the size of a building, and stranger still to become intimate with them.

Rather than simply beginning their travels straight towards the tower, Gareth began trudging through the much until he spotted the raised mound of Lessie’s road, cutting through the swamp. Sky fluttered down on his shoulder as he went, and Phoebe slithered at his side, humming a happy tune.

He sighed as he stepped up onto dry land, happy he wouldn’t have to wade through the stagnant water the rest of the way. Severa’s tower was even deeper into the swamp than Lessie’s village, but it was a lot easier to reach these days. Supposedly the road project would make it all the way through the swamp to the sea when completed, but for now it dramatically cut travel time for a mere human like himself.

The Arachne’s fortress was made from a trio of ancient Elvenwood trees, taller than most Imperial buildings and woven together by spider thread. The gaps were filled by anything from boulders to large pieces of plate steel, giving the whole thing an intimidating and incongruous look, a massive opened gate the bottom seeming to invite adventurers to their doom.

“Do you think with the swamp opening up a bit more she might hire a decorator?” Sky whispered.

“I love it!” Phoebe said excitedly, “I wanted to build one back in our village, but Lessie says we’re not dungeon-building monsters.”

“No, you’re more like building roads and extorting travelers type of monsters,” Sky snickered.

Phoebe’s face burned red, “Lessie says they’re called tolls, and every kingdom does them!”

“We’ll see how much you guys like Lessie when she figures out taxes,” Sky said, sticking her tongue out.

“I’m with Lessie,” Gareth muttered, “these swamps are just a blank spot on most maps, if she can let people from the Elven city or the Imperial provinces reach the sea, then I think she’s earned a bit of coin for her trouble.”

“Our trouble you mean,” Sky said, “I don’t understand you big people and your kingdoms and nations and all that, if another pixy wants me to do something? I better owe her a favor.”

“Good thing you owe Lessie a LOT then, huh mayfly?” Phoebe teased.

Sky just crossed her arms and grumbled. She’d been working with the Elven army to pay off a hefty gambling debt, apparently a common thing for Pixies in Elven service. Lessie had paid it in full, hoping to make the best of the pixy’s apparent entry into their marriage pact.

As usual flickering blue flames seemed to light their way through the darkness of the fortress as they walked inside. Somewhere up ahead he heard the scuttling of chitinous legs, something that would have given him concern once upon a time, but which he now knew simply meant their hostess knew they were here.

“Gareth,” a cheery voice called from a patch of darkness high above them, “and is that Phoebe?”

He gazed up and saw a series of red orbs glittering in the low light, the Arachne’s eyes glittering as she lowered her smiling face into view. Those spiderlike legs were splayed wide as she slowly walked down the wall, her pale-pink hair shaking slightly as she did so.

“Hi Severa!” Phoebe called happily, “we caught the bandits!”

“I had no doubts,” she said demurely, “tell me Gareth, what manner of men were they?”

“Poorly equipped,” he said, “not the type of men who travel much, if there was a war or a disaster anywhere near, I’d say they were refugees.”

“Hmm…” Severa growled, smiling down at the three of them while she thought over the matter, “Perhaps our Queen can illuminate the matter with her wisdom?”

The three of them turned to see Lessie slither her way out of one of the darkened passageways. The red scaled Lamia was full grown, over twice Phoebe’s size already impressive size, and with a fuller figure accentuated by her finer clothing, today a low cut dress that hung low onto the scaled portion of her tail.

“Why husband,” she said, her snakelike tongue flicking out between her fangs, “I’m so glad I ran into you.” She was beginning to coil her tail underneath herself like a cobra, a semi-unconscious mannerism that Gareth had learned Lamia performed when threatened, annoyed, or angry.

“Lessie,” he said, standing his ground even as Phoebe slowly slithered around behind him, a comical sight given her larger stature.

“I do believe I said that Phoebe was to handle the bandit problem,” Lessie said, crossing her arms. “Gareth, would you like to tell me why you felt you needed to include yourself in this potentially dangerous task?”

He sighed; Lessie had become increasingly protective of him in the months since the battle at the elven city. She’d gone as far as to try to hide the news of the bandits from him, and he’d found out from Phoebe when she’d mentioned recruiting Samantha to help in passing. While she hadn’t told him NOT to go, he hadn’t bothered to tell her he was tagging along with the two Lamia, worried at what she might say.

“Lessie,” he said finally, “You’re the queen, but I’m…” he tried to remember what title she liked for him, “Prince-consort, and I’m not going to sit by drinking wine and listening to songs while this kingdom of OURS needs me.”

Lessie’s face softened, and a small smile appeared at the corner of her mouth, “you’re too dutiful for your own good Gareth, I really must keep a closer eye on you.” She looked over his muddy and wet clothing, “Sky?” The pixy perked up at the mention of her name, “Would you be a dear and help Gareth out of those filthy clothes?”

Gareth frowned, “Wait-“ but the pixy was already giggling to herself as she fluttered around him, that familiar gold dust raining down.

“Down he goes!” Sky said excitedly.

He felt his clothes slide against his skin, the tingling racing over his body as the world above him raced away. Phoebe looked down through the hole of his collar with a smirk, her slitted pupils going wide as he got smaller. Soon her face disappeared from view, the hole his neck usually filled collapsing as the fabric was no longer held up by his rapidly diminishing body.

There was light suddenly as Phoebe picked up his muddied shirt, folding it over her arm. With a giggle she reached for his pants and smallclothes next, lifting him up through them and causing him to tumble, naked, down his pantleg before landing again on the floor of Severa’s fortress again.

Sky hovered down to him, the six-inch-tall pixy now a head taller than he was, “He’s out of the clothes Lessie!” Sky called playfully, winking at him.

Gareth heard the sliding of the Lamia’s body against the ground, and he looked up to see the enormous form of the red-scaled Lamia looking down at him smugly. He didn’t even bother to run as the giant hand came down, plucking him up easily as a thumb and forefinger pressed against his back and chest respectively.

His world blurred and he saw a pink blur shoot past him as now much larger Lamia lifted him up to her face. Sky landed on Lessie’s shoulder, crossing her legs contentedly as a pair of slitted pupils focused on him.

“Let me just put you somewhere… comfortable,” Lessie drawled, her forked tongue dancing over her lips.

He was lowered into the pillowy flesh of her cleavage, she gently separated her breasts and set him in so that his head alone was sticking out. He struggled as she released him, the sides collapsing in on him like water and pinning him easily in place.

“What are you doing all the way out here anyway?” Gareth grunted, struggling to free his arms.

“Bringing Severa her mail,” Lessie said.

“You get mail?” Phoebe asked curiously, looking up at the giant spider-woman.

“I decided that since we’re going to do this whole civilization thing, I should begin correspondence with some of the other mages in the world, mostly human ones,” Severa explained.

She leapt from her web on the wall and shaking the earth slightly as she landed, towering over the two Lamia. She brushed her hair behind her ear and blinked the two most human of her eyes as Lessie handed her a satchel filled with letters.

“Do they know you’re a giant spider?” Gareth asked, looking up from his prison at the now mountainous form of Severa.

She turned towards the trapped human, apparently still able to hear him at his reduced size, “I haven’t exactly advertised it, but given that my letters come from the middle of this swamp and carry our beloved Queen Lessie’s seal…” She smirked at Lessie’s reaction to her sarcastic comment, “I would hope the most brilliant academics in the world might be able to deduce that I’m not human…”

“Did they answer that question I wanted you to ask?” Lessie said eagerly.

Severa looked away, an uncharacteristic move, “Yes Lessie,” she said in a somewhat hostile tone, “I have all the answers you wanted, and more…”

“What’s that about?” Phoebe asked suddenly, “Lessie, what have you been up to?”

Lessie sighed, shaking Gareth’s massive prison and causing him to slip lower. Sky seemed to notice from her perch on the Lamia queen’s shoulder and grinned at him, enjoying his struggles against the titanic Lamia’s breasts. He grunted and forced himself higher, a difficult struggle given that he was still covered in swamp muck and Lessie was sweating slightly in the swamp’s humidity.

“The human emperor has asked us to send an envoy,” Lessie said quietly. “He’s hosting a large gathering of diplomats and nobles, and he wants a representative from his newest ally there.”

“That is what tends to happen when you declare yourself a Queen,” Severa said, crossing her more human pair of arms across her chest. “It seems Gareth is the most obvious choice, given that he’s Imperial nobility.”

“Barely!” he protested for the millionth time, “I’m the third son of a minor baron!”

“You’re the prince-consort of the Lamia Queen,” Lessie said indignantly, regarding the tiny human trapped in her breasts, “and we agreed you’re a prince, right Phoebe?”

“Oh yeah!” Phoebe said excitedly, hoisting herself up on her tail so she was level with Gareth’s pillowy prison. “Everyone in the village calls you Prince Gareth!”

“Indeed, Prince Gareth,” Lessie said quietly, “and that elevated status is exactly why I can’t allow him to go.”

Phoebe crossed her arms, “Why not? It seems like the perfect job for him.”

“I wanted YOU to go,” Lessie said, regarding the younger Lamia, “Gareth is… too valuable to risk.”

“What?!” he protested, crying out in satisfaction as he managed to free an arm from Lessie’s cleavage, “Come on Lessie! This isn’t a dangerous mission at all! It’s just going up to the Imperial City for some parties!” He looked at Phoebe’s uncertain face, now the size of a house to him, “and besides, Phoebe will need someone to guide her.”

“There are problems in the Imperial City,” Lessie said slowly. “In particular it seems it’s become unsafe for young men like yourself. I thought that perhaps Phoebe would-“

“What do you mean unsafe? What’s going on? Why wasn’t I told!?” Gareth demanded sternly, or as sternly as you could when held captive in a pair of breasts the size of barns.

“Lessie thought you should focus on your new home, rather than your old one,” Severa said with a smile. “I’d have told you, but I only found out about the problems today…”

“Is the Emperor in danger!?” Gareth asked, almost in a panic.

“Gareth!” Lessie said harshly, “You’re not an Imperial subject anymore, you don’t owe that emperor of yours anything!” As if to emphasize the fact her finger came down, pressing on his head and forcing him further into her cleavage until only his head poked out once more.

“Gareth is a knight of three realms,” Phoebe hissed angrily, “we’re all lucky to have him, but if the humans need him, then I’ll go with him to keep him safe.”

Lessie rolled her eyes, “Phoebe, they have plenty of people who can solve their problems,” she smiled down at Gareth, “we’ve got more humans than we started with to be sure, but… still, I’ve become very attached to this one.”

“Excuse me!” he protested, trying to fight his way up the fleshy mountains again, “what is REALLY going on Lessie? Have the pixy shrink me all you want, I’m no fool, tell me the problem and I’ll-“

“Sky,” Lessie said dismissively, “could you please help our husband find a warm and soft place to rest his weary head?”

“Lessie!” Gareth called out angrily, but the pixy was already hovering down towards him.

“Sorry,” she said in a tone that wasn’t apologetic at all, “but… goodbye!”

Her translucent wings fluttered and gold flakes rained down on Gareth like snow, he felt himself shrinking further, Lessie’s titanic breasts becoming larger, immovable, on either side of him.

“Let’s just put this guy away,” Sky giggled, her pink foot, now as large as his entire body, came down and gently pressed him further into Lessie’s waiting cleavage. He shouted and fought against it, but as he shrunk the foot, and the force behind it, became larger and more powerful until he was shoved deep into the gap between the Lamia’s breasts. The last thing he saw was Sky playfully waving at him.

“I can’t say I approve of you treating our shared husband like that,” Severa said, crossing her arms.

“Yeah!” Phoebe called angrily, “you might be the queen, but he’s still important around here, or he’s important to me anyway, let him out!”

“Girls,” Lessie said with a smile, covering the crack of her cleavage with one hand, “he’s quite comfortable, and…” she waited for the shrunken human’s struggles to cease, “there we go, he’s accepting it.” She turned to the Pixy on her shoulder, “Thank you Sky.”

“What’s really going on with the humans? And their emperor” Phoebe asked angrily, “You said you wanted me to go see him? What if I won’t go without Gareth?”

“Then I’ll send Samantha,” Lessie replied arrogantly, “and if that doesn’t send the message, Severa here would more than-“

“I don’t think so,” The spider woman said fiercely, “Explain yourself Lessie, tell the girl we share a husband with exactly why you’re so hesitant to let Gareth go.”

The elder Lamia shot an angry glance at the Arachne, standing several times her height, and then at Lessie, still barely half it. She uncoiled herself slightly, allowing herself to relax.

“Phoebe,” she said slowly, “I have nothing but everyone’s best interest in mind.”

“I’m pretty sure you just shrank Gareth and shoved him down your tits so he wouldn’t hear this conversation,” Phoebe hissed, “I’m going to tell our husband everything, I don’t treat him like a pawn like you do.”

“I find the idea offensive,” Lessie said indignantly, “I care very much about Gareth, and that’s why I’m trying to keep him here!”

“Come on Lessie,” Severa said with a grin, “tell your worm and the mayfly what you think is going on back in the Imperial capital.”

“As much fun as it is to shrink the human, I’m curious too,” Sky said, letting herself tumble down the front of Lessie’s dress slightly.

“People are going missing in the Imperial City,” Lessie said slowly, “the young men in particular. I was thinking that whoever or whatever is behind this, it’s not after women and particularly not snake women. Phoebe or Samantha should be perfectly safe.”

“It makes sense,” Gareth shouted, forcing his way up through the giant breasts and defiantly rejoining the conversation, “but this is all so strange… the Imperial City should have the safest streets in the world! And the men are just vanishing?”

“That’s why we have humans popping up even all the way down here,” Lessie explained, “they’re running away rather than staying there. I’d go as far as to say that when Samantha is done questioning those men you captured, we’ll hear that’s where they came from.”

“How many people are we talking about?” the tiny human shouted, fighting to stay “afloat” in her massive cleavage.

“It’s difficult to say,” Lessie explained, sighing as she decided she wouldn’t be able to keep even the tiny sized Gareth out of the conversation, “one letter I intercepted said it was dozens of people every night, another said the entire matter is overblown and all street talk. It has to be a good number of them if they’re running all the way to our swamp though.”

“Why the secrecy?” Gareth demanded.

Lessie gave him a warm smile, “Oh Gareth, all of our tribe’s husbands are hale and true young men from the Empire, if you, if they, found out about this crisis, why you’d all be off in an instant to try to solve it. I can’t let the husbands I fought so hard to get here simply leave on a potentially dangerous adventure.”

“Then let ME go and solve it!” he protested.

Lessie shot Phoebe a look, scowling at the other Lamia’s angry expression. Severa just watched, a smirk on her face as she enjoyed Lessie’s discomfort.

“I’ll think on it,” Lessie said indignantly, “Pixy, Gareth still isn’t relaxed, help him out.”

Sky shrugged and fluttered her wings again, causing Gareth’s form to dwindle until he was no bigger than the Pixy’s toe, merely a speck to Lessie.

Seeing his continued struggles she grinned, “more,” she chuckled.

Sky’s eyes went wide, “Uh, he’s only as big as my toe, and I’m not really that big to start with-“ Lessie just gave her an expectant look. The Pixy bit her lip, and fluttered her wings again.

To Gareth the rain of gold was rapidly turning Lessie’s jiggling breasts into a true ocean, stretching out on either side of him. The enormous pixy towered over him; her pink toe alone easily larger than the house he’d grown up in. He gasped in shock as the giant toe lifted up, coming down on him and pressing him deep into the cavernous cleavage. This time she kept going, letting her leg go up to the knee as she forced the tiny human deep within the sea of Lessie’s breasts. There was a final brief flash of light as she withdrew, leaving him in the warm darkness.

He thought about trying to struggle his way upwards again, but at this size even the slightest movements were impossible. All he could hear was Lessie’s heartbeat, and his other senses were dominated by her too, the feel of her soft, warm, flesh pressing around him, the smell of the jasmine perfume she wore mixed slightly with her sweat… He went limp, letting the enormous breasts press around him, lulling him quickly to sleep.

“Phoebe,” Lessie said, satisfied that this time she’d well and truly trapped the tiny man, “if you wouldn’t mind going back to the village and-“

“And get some travel supplies ready?” Phoebe said, crossing her arms, “I will, for TWO, so be sure that Gareth is ready to go when I get back tomorrow.” With that she slithered back the way she’d come, Sky the pixy regarded the two larger giants for a moment, then buzzed after her, still trailing gold pixy dust.

“You have to let them go you know,” Severa said quietly. “You don’t really have a choice, even if something odd is happening in the Imperial city you can’t just ignore a request from their Emperor.”

Lessie was silent a moment, crossing her arms and staring down towards her cleavage where Gareth was still trapped. He was too small for her to feel now, and with the Pixy having left she’d probably have to simply pour an antidote in for him and hope for the best… though a part of her did consider simply leaving him in there, at least overnight.

“Lessie,” Severa said sternly, “if you don’t do the right thing and let Gareth go on this mission, I can always web you up for a few days to think it over.”

“I’m going to let them go!” Lessie snapped angrily, “It’s just…” she sighed, “those things I wanted you to write the archmages about, did you get favorable answers?”

Severa’s eyes briefly lit up, twinkling red in the low light as the conversation turned to magic, “Oh yes, almost everything you wanted can be done,” she regarded Lessie’s chest, where the tiny Gareth was, “If you have a volunteer that is…”

“I wanted to try to ease him into it,” Lessie muttered, “but I don’t think we have time. Do you have any pixy dust antidote ready?”

Gareth wasn’t sure how long he’d been out, but in spite of the circumstances it had been one of the best naps he’d ever had. He scowled and wondered if he was back to full size, judging by the floral scent coming off his skin someone had taken the liberty of washing him while he was asleep, and by the sticky spiderwebs holding him in place above the ground it had probably been Severa.

Confirming his suspicions, the pale pink hair entered his vision as she slowly descended, smiling warmly at him. Her face was enormous, as always, but not so enormous as it had been when Lessie had trapped him. He was back to normal size, he decided, or close enough.

“Hey sleepyhead,” She said with a small smile.

“Where’s Lessie?” he demanded angrily, “I’m going to the Imperial City, and I don’t care if she-“

“She’s come around,” Severa said, leaning in close and examining him with those ruby red eyes. “I sent her away though, you and I have some… work to do.”

He frowned, “What do you mean? Can you let me down at least?”

“No,” she sighed, “This is going to be easier if you’re held in place. In fact…” She reached for the mass of spiderthread on the wall behind him, casually pulling and manipulating threads until Gareth felt his arms and legs spread apart, leaving him splayed in an X shape.

“I don’t understand,” he said, pulling at the bonds slightly, “It’s not that I don’t like spending time with you Severa, but what do you mean we have work to do?”

“It’s something Lessie has wanted me to do to you for a long time now,” the Arachne explained. One of her spiderlike appendages reached up, poking him slightly up his chest and causing him to shiver from the sensation. Looking down he realized the enormous spider leg was dipped in some sort of ink, and had begun tracing a strange looking symbol across his chest.

“I’m not sure I’m in the mood for one of Lessie’s ideas right now,” Gareth said darkly.

“I understand completely,” Severa said, “but I think you should at least hear this one out.” He shivered as Severa’s enormous hand traced along his back, and he could feel her drawing more sigils, and she giggled slightly at his reaction, stopping to pinch his bottom with a fingers almost as long as his body.

“She’s had an idea for some time about improving your constitution with magic,” Severa explained. She scuttled away from him briefly, and he could see her dipping her inky fingers in a massive wash basin. As she returned to where she had him webbed up, he noticed that she was wearing a massive belt, filled with various tools he didn’t recognize.

“My constitution?” he questioned nervously.

“Mostly she has a series of enchantments, curses, and various spells she wants put on you,” Severa explained. “Things like making your bones a little stronger, making it so you can go longer without breathing…” she winked at him at that one, “oh, she also wants me to make some changes to your blood…”

“My blood!?” he exclaimed.

Severa paused, seeing his expression she smiled warmly and traced a giant finger down his cheek, “Gareth,” she whispered, “If this is all too frightening… say the word and I’ll cut you down from there, wash you off in the basin, and we can enjoy a night alone together. I’ll tell Lessie I refuse to do it.”

He breathed out slowly, looking up at the smiling face. Severa was a frightening figure, with those fangs and the multitude of glittering red eyes most men would be struck with terror at that expression, to say nothing of the immense size of the face itself… but he chuckled as he realized he found that grin reassuring.

“Do you know what you’re doing?” He asked finally, “none of this is going to deform me or anything?”

Severa frowned at him, “I ALWAYS know what I’m doing when it comes to magic Gareth, and while you’ll be getting some tattoos and maybe a small scar or two I can promise you’ll look the same at the end of this as you did going in.”

“Wait,” he said, “scars?”

She rolled her eyes, all of them, “don’t be a baby Gareth, it won’t hurt... much. You probably won’t feel a thing for most of it.” She grinned at him again, licking her lips as she leaned in and let her warm breath wash over his suspended body, “actually I take that back, you will feel a few things… a lot of these spells require the target to reach a certain… climax in order to take effect.”

He gulped, “Let’s get started then,” he rasped.

“Delightful!” Severa said, “you have no idea how excited I am to do this, now hold still…”

The giant Arachne leaned in, licking up the entirety of his body and coating him with her warm saliva. He shivered as it rapidly cooled, and she giggled, briefly checking the sigils over his body to make sure none of them had smeared. The giant mouth opened, and he felt the air go humid as she closed it over him. Even as his arms and legs remained bound she was able to manipulate him back and forth with her tongue, tasting every crevice of his body. He felt himself slide over her teeth suddenly, and he gasped in pain as those fangs, each one as thick as several fingers, jabbed down onto him unexpectedly. There was a burning sensation as they pumped the Arachne’s venom into the wounds. He tried to thrash away, but the webbing easily held him in place while she continued to poison him.

There was a twanging sound as she released him from her mouth, the threads holding him snapping back into place. He looked in shock at the two still bleeding wounds on his torso. One was up near his shoulder, the other was lower, near his hip. He looked to the spider-woman in shock, and with a wave of her hand the wounds seemed to seal up in front of him.

“Y-You bit me!” he said, gritting his teeth as he felt the fiery warmth of the venom spreading through him.

“Sorry about that,” She said, a look of genuine apology on her face, “but the Arachne venom has to go first, it has a very peculiar effect on males…”

He looked down and realized he had one of the strongest erections of his life, and as his mind started to cloud, he felt himself growing… amorous, he looked at her eagerly, wondering what she was going to do with it.

“Patience my trapped little fly,” she giggled, “we have another round of venom for you…” This time she produced an enormous needle, a syringe like the ones Gareth had seen field surgeons use, but scaled up to a size where the giant Arachne could use it. Even in his aroused and clouded state he felt apprehension. He shut his eyes, not wanting to see what she would do with it, and a moment later he felt the slightest pinch on his bottom, and heard Severa chuckle to herself at his reaction.

“Open your eyes Gareth, it’s gone.”

He did so, and breathed out a sigh of relief when he saw she’d told the truth.

“That was Lessie’s venom,” Severa explained, though it was getting hard to hear her as Gareth’s senses began going in and out, the second poison already rapidly spreading through his system.

“S-Severa,” he croaked, feeling his heart begin to slow.

She tapped his chest with one massive finger, and he breathed in as he felt his heart rate return to normal. His senses seemed to start coming back into focus as well, and he was once again reminded of his straining arousal, eagerly waiting, begging, for the giant arachne’s touch.

“I’ll be pumping your blood for you for the next few minutes,” Severa said. She quickly muttered an incantation and Gareth gasped as the lines drawn on his chest seemed to glow blue. “There we go… seems to be working.” She playfully touched the giant fingertip against his penis, laughing at his shiver, “now let’s complete our first spell…”

She brought her hand up and licked her thumb and forefinger. Bringing them back down to him the massive digits gently squeezed his manhood, causing him to gasp as Severa slowly rubbed back and forth. He realized that she was wrapping it in her webbing even as she stroked him, and soon his member was completely wrapped in the silky material. Keeping the threads attached she slowly pulled her hand away, manipulating the soft and silky wrapping with just a few twitches of her fingers, causing him to gasp with each miniscule movement.

“Poor little fly,” she teased, watching him writhe in pleasure, fighting in vain against her webbing, “the big bad spider is just playing with her food… and there’s nothing you can do!” she mockingly touched the side of her face, the movement of the threads causing Gareth to moan in pleasure. She grinned wickedly, and the tempo of her fingers picked up, the threads sliding over him faster and faster until he screamed loudly, the sound of his orgasm echoing down the cavernous passageways of her forest.

The lines on his chest flashed white, blinding him momentarily as he collapsed against the spider thread holding him in place. He was breathing heavily, trying to recover as the wave of bliss left him, when he noticed Severa moving closer again.

“Success!” she said excitedly.

“W-What was that supposed to do?” he asked weakly.

“I merged your blood with Lamia and Arachne venom,” she explained, “you should just naturally produce it now, you should be immune to it too.”

“It’ll be nice not to worry about startling Phoebe I guess,” he muttered, the green haired Lamia had accidentally bitten him before, never giving him more than a slight woozy feeling, “but why do I need poison blood?”

Severa shrugged, “As much as we love teasing you about it Gareth, none of us actually want to see anyone or anything try to eat you. The next person who takes a bite out of you is in for a nasty surprise.”

“That make sense I guess,” he said slowly, “is that it?”

Severa laughed loudly, “dear me no, we’ve got another twenty spells to run through, and we’ve got to do them all tonight.”

“Twenty!?” he asked in shock.

“That’s why the Arachne venom needed to come first,” she explained, “it won’t hurt you anymore, but it will keep you…” she giggled and pointed at his still erect cock, “ready…”

“Oh,” he said in awe.

“Yes, dangerous as it is Arachne venom is a very popular recreational substance,” Severa giggled, “now then, would you like to improve your reflexes or your eyesight next? We do need to get all of these done tonight so they work with one another, but we can do the rest in any order we want!”

“Uhh,” he gulped, “you choose?”

“Good choice fly, you might make it out of this spider’s web yet!” Those ruby eyes flashed as she smiled, and Gareth steeled himself for the rest of their evening together.

When he woke up again, he was coiled tightly by a scaly green tail, “Phoebe,” he murmured, blinking as her smiling face came into view, “when did you get here?”

“A few hours ago,” she said sweetly, squeezing him tighter as she coiled around him more. “You looked so happy sleeping there, I just wrapped you up to keep you comfy.”

“Thanks,” he laughed, struggling to push his way out of her grip.

She seemed to frown, and suddenly she tightened her grip on him further. He wasn’t sure what she was playing at, but he gritted his teeth and doubled his own efforts to escape.

She let up suddenly, “wow,” she whispered excitedly, “you really are tougher now!”

“Thanks,” he said, finally stumbling away from her. He noticed his clothing hanging from some of Severa’s spider thread, and walked over to it to get dressed.

“I mean it!” she said, “I squeezed you so hard that it would normally have broken all your bones!”

He paused, “Really?” he asked incredulously. It hadn’t felt like THAT strong of a hug.

“Oh yeah!” she giggled, “Lessie told me that Severa was doing some stuff to you… is that part of it?”

“I guess,” he muttered.

There was a sudden pink blur flying by him, instinctively his hand darted out, and he heard a squeal of pain as he casually snatched the pixy out of the air. He blinked and realized he was holding one of her translucent wings between two fingers.

“Sky!” He exclaimed, “by the gods, I’m so sorry! It was an accident!” he released her, and her normally smooth flying was wobbly as she struggled to flutter onto his shoulder.

“OW!” she muttered as he gingerly touched it, “Gods Gareth you almost pulled it out! You’re lucky these grow back!” She crossed her arms and looked at his face, “you’re getting such a shrinking later…”

“Looking forward to it,” he muttered, rolling his eyes.

“Gareth,” Lessie greeted with a nod, slithering into view as she joined them.  

“Severa says you’re not going to try to stop Phoebe and I from going to the Imperial City?” he asked, buttoning his shirt up.

“No,” she said, crossing her arms, “I… I’m sorry I was acting irrational the other day.” She looked at a circular tattoo on the back of his thigh with a frown, her eyes lingering on it before he pulled his pants on. “The things Severa did to you… that I asked her to do to you… they didn’t hurt too badly, did they?”

“Nothing too terrible,” he assured her.

“That’s good to hear,” he looked up and saw Severa perched on the ceiling of the chamber, her massive legs splayed around her. “I was keeping an eye on you while you slept,” she said with a smile, “just to make sure everything was reacting as I expected…”

“This is so cool,” Phoebe said, looking over him eagerly, “What does the tattoo do Severa?”

“He has three now,” she said demurely, “one should prevent demonic possessions, another will let me track where he is at all times, and the last one is a sort of calling card, letting everyone know Gareth is my husband.” Seeing his confused look she chuckled, “I don’t typically deal with demons or deities, but enough of them know who I am that you might get lucky and run into something that owes me a favor someday. Also, it will let you talk to spiders.”

“Talk to spiders?” He asked, looking up at her quizzically. “Do they… have a lot to say?”

“Oh of course not,” she said, waving a hand dismissively, “they’re just a step above bugs Gareth, still it might make a fun party trick.”

“And on that note,” Lessie said firmly, “you should go to the Emperor’s party, make a good impression for our kingdom, and then come home. You don’t need to be the ones to solve this matter with the disappearances, and if you SHOULD learn anything, the Empire has it’s own soldiers that can handle it!”

 “I won’t be hiding in an inn the whole time I’m there,” Gareth said defiantly, “but… we’ll be careful.”

“I’ve chartered you a ship,” she said coolly, “I told them you’d build a fire and wait for them on the southern shore. You’re also taking the Pixy with you.”

“Sky?” Gareth asked, looking at the tiny woman perched on his shoulder, “sure, the more the merrier.”

“Just so you know, if you get in over your head I’m supposed to make you tiny and fly off with you,” Sky said with a smile.

“As we discussed,” Lessie said with a nod to the pixy.

“One last thing,” Severa said, her massive form lowered, suspended by several strands of silk. She reached down and her massive fingertip extended towards Gareth, a gold object dangling on the end of it. He took it hesitantly, seeing that it was a gold necklace with a ruby set in the center.

“It’s enchanted,” she explained, “when you are holding it, you can talk to me.”

“Thanks,” he said, putting the necklace in his travel bag, “I guess we can update you on things as we go.”

“It does one other thing,” Severa said, looming over them, “it’s quite durable, but if you close the red gem in your fist it will break like an egg. If you do this, it will instantly summon me to you, no matter where in the world you are.”

“Wow,” he breathed, looking down at the necklace again, “t-that’s teleportation, right? That’s some of the most difficult magic in the world, and you’re so big…”

“Indeed,” she snapped, “which is why I’m telling you right now that it is a last resort. Do not use it unless all of you are about to die otherwise, and by the gods Gareth I’m one hundred feet tall, if it does come down to it, try to use it in an open area.”

“Got it,” he said warily, lowering the necklace into his travel sack.

“Your ship leaves tomorrow morning,” Lessie said, “you’d best be on your way.”

“Tomorrow morning!?” Gareth protested, hefting his pack, “there’s no way we can make it all the way to the shore by then, the swamp just gets harder to traverse the closer you get to the water and-“

“Hmm…” Lessie said thoughtfully, “I suppose you’re right, Sky? Gareth needs to be small enough for Phoebe to carry him.”

“I just got dressed,” he muttered, feeling his clothes begin to loosen as the bright gold ball of the pixy flew overhead.

Phoebe hummed happily to herself as she picked up his clothes and weapons, tossing them in his travel bag and slinging it over her shoulder. Looking down at the naked human she smiled, plucking him up gently before slipping him into her own backpack. He grunted as he tumbled inside, bouncing off her various shirts and dresses. Finally he came to rest on what he recognized as a large white brassier. Just a small amount of light still crept in after Phoebe tied the top of the pack shut, hefting his alongside hers for the journey.

“Just relax!” she said reassuringly, “I can move through the swamp way faster than you can Gareth. We’ll unshrink you as soon as we reach the shore!” She turned to Severa and Lessie

“Farewell,” Severa said with a wave, watching Lessie slither away.

“I can’t help but feel I’m making a mistake,” Lessie muttered.

“They can handle themselves,” Severa said firmly.

“And what do we do if they can’t?” Lessie asked quietly.

Severa shrugged, “I guess you find another handsome younger man with royal connections to marry you?”

The Lamia Queen just stared daggers at the Arachne, who laughed in response.

Phoebe slithered through the swamp, Sky riding on her shoulder as she went. They had a lot of ground to cover, even for a Lamia in a swamp, and although Phoebe wouldn’t say it to his face, she was glad the pixy had shrunk Gareth so she wouldn’t be slowed down by him.

“Hey,” the Pixy said, once they were far away from Severa’s fortress, “just so you know, I told Lessie I’d try to keep you guys out of trouble, but if you want to go on a dangerous adventure or go drinking and gambling once we get to the city, I’m totally in.”

“Oh! That’s wonderful!” Phoebe said cheerfully, “I thought as much, you don’t really strike me as the cautious type.”

“Nope,” Sky said with a laugh, “hey, I’m going to go check on our passenger.”

Phoebe rolled her eyes, “okay, but those are my clothes in there… try not to make any messes!”

“No promises!” the Pixy giggled as she fluttered up and over the Lamia’s shoulder. She easily slipped under the backpack’s flap, dropping down into the clothing below.

Gareth was lounging in the cup of Phoebe’s brassier, trying to relax, when Sky’s pink face appeared from behind one of the shirts above him.

“Hey Gareth,” she said seductively, slipping her way down to him at the bottom of the backpack.

“Oh,” he said, sitting up, “Hi Sky, did you get tired of flying or something?”

“Or something,” she giggled, lowering herself down to him.

As always, she’d shrunk him to just a head shorter than herself, giving him five inches of height to her six. She could have let him at least be equal in size to her of course, but for the tiny pixy, always being surrounded by giants, it was a thrill to get to look down on someone now and then, particularly someone as cute as Gareth.

“Rub my wing,” she demanded, turning around and crossing her arms. She sighed happily as he obeyed, the sore tendon where it met her flesh starting to heal from the harsh tug he’d accidentally given it earlier.

“Hey,” he said, realizing there was something on his hand, “the base of your wings… isn’t this where your-“

“Pixy dust comes from?” She asked with a smirk, “yeah…”

He hurriedly tried to wipe the material off his hand, but it was too late, Sky was growing taller right in front of him. Finally he managed to smudge the gold material off on the fabric at the side of the backpack, but when Sky turned back around he was eye to eye with her chest.

“Tsk tsk tsk,” Sky said with a smirk, “humans are so rude, staring right at a girl’s tits like that…”

“What?” he laughed, he was onto this game now, she wasn’t down here to get her sore wing rubbed.

“It’s okay Gareth, I’ll let you see them.”  

Sky reached behind herself, pulling a few strings and causing her makeshift leafy outfit to fall to her feet. She stepped out of it and kicked it towards the other clothes in the backpack. With a grin she ran a hand over her body, stopping around the darker pink of her nipples, and the patch of deep violet hair between her legs.

“I know, I know,” she said with a teasing sigh, “not the biggest ones you’ve ever seen.”

“They look pretty good to me,” he breathed.

“I can tell,” she said, her eyes tracing down with a grin, “The spider says you should have more endurance now… I guess we’ll see.” She stepped forward and pushed him down roughly, causing his smaller form to tumble down into Phoebe’s brassier cup again.

The amazon sized pixy mounted him, her breasts hanging over him as she placed an arm down on each side of him. He grunted as he felt her wetness envelop him, her hips forcing their way down onto his slowly. She sighed happily, and then began to thrust in earnest, picking up the tempo as she rode the small human.

“Oh yeah!” she called with a laugh, holding him in place as she ravished him, “that’s right human boy, you’re mine now!” Her wings fluttered excitedly behind her, seeming to increase in speed almost to a buzz as her arousal built.

Sweat began to build on both of them as they continued their lovemaking in the hot confines of Phoebe’s backpack, her clothes being jostled and falling around them in the low light. Gareth tried his best to thrust back at her, and part of him thought that, even at the pixy’s Amazonian size, he could maybe get on top and control the tempo, but every attempt just made her laugh and pin him down, continuing the movement of her own hips.

“I don’t think so!” she laughed at his latest attempt, hugging him against her even as they tumbled through the giant clothing, “You!” another thrust, “are a pixy’s toy!” she laughed, “does that make you feel small? Weak?”

“Y-Yes!” he shouted, guessing the answer she wanted, “it makes me feel small, pathetic even!”

“Good!” Sky beamed, “and there’s no getting away! I’m going to keep you small forever! You’re never going to be higher than a pixie’s shoulder ever again human!” she groaned as she hugged him close, her body quaking as she came, “you’re going to be my toy FOREVER!” she screamed, and as she did, they both reached climax together, her wings buzzing so quickly it was a like a brief cooling breeze washed over him.

It would have been refreshing, if he didn’t realize it carried a torrent of golden pixy dust. He gasped and struggled it Sky’s grip, but it was too late as the material washed over him. The Pixy grew larger, holding him against her sweaty pink skin while he dwindled, his manhood sliding out of her with a slick sound. Luckily, he didn’t get as small as he’d feared. Most of the material had landed around them, not on his bare skin.

“Ah, that was nice,” Sky breathed, ruffling his hair as she hugged him close. He probably wouldn’t even come up to her bellybutton now if they stood next to each other, and she treated him like a stuffed bear as she adjusted her position against the piled clothing on the bottom of the backpack. “Thanks for playing along with all that pathetic human this and that stuff,” she said.

“No problem,” he mumbled, still enjoying the afterglow of his orgasm. “I don’t really mind being roughed up a little,” he grinned, “not by you ladies anyway…”

“Yeah,” Sky said with a smile, “you really took to this whole “marrying-a-bunch-of-monsters” thing pretty well…”

Her giant hand traced down his body, and she cupped his groin possessively, feeling him grow hard against her hand once more.

“Hmm…” she mused, “yeah, you definitely have more stamina than a normal human male now, not that you were a slouch before.” She grinned, “I think you might end up even smaller before we get where we’re going.”

“I’d expect no less,” he chuckled.

Phoebe continued slithering through the swamp, listening to the occasional squeaks and cries of pleasure coming from the backpack over her shoulder. She giggled to herself and occasionally jostled it, a little rougher than was maybe necessary, enjoying the startled cries as the tiny passengers found themselves thrown about. She picked up her pace, hoping to reach the shore with time to spare so that she could play a few games of her own with their human husband.

End Notes:

I finally got around to picking up these characters again. This arc might have some other types of monstergirls and fantasy races, the Imperial City is a cosmopolitan hub after all.

An Imperial Invitation Pt 2 by Greenanon

“Over here!” Phoebe called, waving her arms over her head at the passing ship. Her efforts were rewarded with a small lifeboat being slipped down into the water, bobbing slightly in the waves as the crew rowed towards them.

The southern shore of the Lamia swamp was a desolate place, the fetid bogs grew thicker and the alligators more numerous, and although the sandy beaches were beautiful Gareth knew the area was known for powerful storms as well. This mean that, although ships often sailed north through these waters, few were inclined to stop on shore.

Gareth walked to her side, returned to his full height, while the pixy rode lazily on his shoulder. He stretched and rested a hand on the pommel of his saber, eying the ship in the distance and trying to see if he could make out the flags. He saw the familiar waning moon sigil popular in elven nations, but it wasn’t the purple and white of the dark skinned elves that lived beyond the swamp’s borders.

“Oh hells no!” A female voice called angrily as the rowboat ground into the sand. A tanned woman in a blue coat leapt into the sand, her red hair flowing past a pair of pointed elf ears. Like Gareth she had a curved sword at her belt, and even a pistol, though it looked scaled down to fit her diminutive stature.

“Is there a problem?” Gareth asked uncertainly, “I understand you’ve been chartered to take us to-“

“The problem!” the woman spat angrily, marching up to them, “is YOU human!” As she got closer he noticed she barely came up to his chest, and the rest of her crew seemed to be of similar stature.

She pointed angrily at him again, “Which one of you booked this job!?” The crew was quiet and she scowled and turned to him, “well it’s off, and no refunds!”

“Excuse me?” He protested angrily, “are you the captain of this ship?”

“I certainly am,” she said proudly, “Captain Hanna of the Blackfish! And I’ll brook no humans on my ship! When I heard we were ferrying a gods-damned snake that was bad enough, but I’ll take one of them over you any day!”

“You’re sailing to the Imperial City,” Gareth said angrily, “you can’t have that much of a problem with humans!”

“Dumping some stuff off on their docks is a whole other day in the rigging than having one stomping around on your decks,” the captain said, eyeing Gareth angrily.

“This is ridiculous,” Gareth said, “the Elves and the Empire are allies!”

The captain snorted, “those tree climbing moon worshippers can ally whoever they want, but real elves live on the seas, and we cast our nets and our cannons as we like!”

“Sea elves,” Sky explained, “they don’t really get along with the other ones, or humans, or… well anyone really.”

“Did that fly just buzz something about me?” The captain remarked, “I don’t get along with Pixies!”

“See?” Sky whispered.

“Excuse me!” Phoebe said urgently, “Miss Hanna-“

“CAPTAIN Hanna!” the redheaded elf snapped.

“Captain,” Phoebe corrected, “Since the Lamia Queen has already paid you to take us, I must insist you either return Queen Lessie’s gold, or let us board your ship.”

“We already spent that gold,” The elf said dismissively, “so I guess you’re all just out of luck.”

Phoebe’s eyes narrowed, “We’re the first Lamia civilization,” she said in a low voice, “so I’m kind of new to this, but I feel like this might be one of those things that starts a war?”

“OOOH” The Captain mocked, “a war!” the other elves in the boat laughed, “go ahead and tell your scaly cunt of a queen that I ran off with her money! You stupid snakes don’t have a single ship to your name and-“

Phoebe hissed angrily, slithering across the sand faster than the eye could follow… well most eyes, Gareth found himself unusually perceptive of late. He gulped, a little afraid of how the world seemed to slow, just what HAD Severa done to him? He’d been unable to keep track after the first few spells...

He’d always been a capable soldier and hunter, and he was familiar with the adrenaline rush of a fight… but this? Even Phoebe seemed to be moving underwater, and he took a moment to study her angry face even as his hand darted down for his pistol.

He blinked, watching the pixy on his shoulder take flight, her wings beating like a slow drum as he aimed at the Elven captain. He paused, realizing just how much slower those elves were moving… he angled his pistol away from the captain’s torso, the spot he’d always been taught to aim for, and lower, towards her sword. Her hand wasn’t even there yet, but he steadied his aim and, after a disturbingly long period of thought, pulled the trigger.

The world seemed to return to full speed, there was a spark and a light kick as his pistol fired, then a clang as the bullet hit the elven captain’s sword. Gareth watched with satisfaction as it snapped away from her belt and flew through air into the sand, landing with a thud that paused even Phoebe’s charge.

“Damn,” the Elven captain said weakly, “I’d heard there were human gunslingers who could do stuff like that but…” She gulped nervously, looking over to Gareth who held the still smoking pistol in his hand. “Hey,” she said in a friendly tone, “I was just kidding about all that running off with your money stuff!”

“Kidding,” Gareth repeated, holstering his pistol as he walked by Phoebe, “why don’t we cut back on the jokes from here on out?” He stepped into the boat, causing the small elves to shift away from him. Phoebe hesitated, then followed him in, her bulk taking up the rest of the room easily. She hissed at one of the elves that looked at her funny as they began rowing their way back to the ship.

As the voyage was underway Gareth was very aware of the elves whispering about him behind his back. The captain wasn’t alone in her distaste for humans it seemed. He’d thrown his rucksack in the Captain’s own cabin, without asking her, and had curtly informed her that he, Phoebe, and Sky would be using it for the duration of their time on the ship. Normally he liked to think he was a polite person, but their hostesses behavior on the beach had convinced him that maybe being forceful was the right move.

For her part the captain seemed almost apologetic now, so maybe he’d been right. Still, she didn’t seem to want him or his companions on her ship.

“It’s supper time,” The captain called, and her crew of elven ladies hooted and hollered excitedly as they lined up to go below decks. Phoebe slithered towards the wooden portal and frowned; it was clearly too small for her to enter. “Oh what rotten luck,” the captain said, “I’ll have the cook bring you up something, Phoebe was it?”

“Yes,” she hissed, crossing her arms.

“You’ll dine with me human,” Hanna said, grabbing his arm and giving Phoebe an almost smug look.

“Great,” Sky said, buzzing over and landing on Gareth’s shoulder, “what are we having?”

“The big people are having roast pork,” the elven captain replied, adjusting her hat and looking up at the tiny pixy, “I suppose the flies can pick at the bones.”

“She’ll share mine,” he said, hoping to avoid a fight. “Lead on, captain.”

The ship’s mess hall was one long table, and he sat next to the Captain at the end as plates were passed down. He doubted that the crew ate this well all the time, the complaints he’d heard from human sailors seemed to suggest a hearty meal of meat like this was a rarity. A scoop of what looked like potatoes was piled next to it, and immediately he began dividing his plate, separating some of the food out as Sky fluttered down to it.

“It’s bad luck to have a human aboard,” one of the girl’s called from the end of the table, “keep him away from the side, or he’ll jump over and try to fuck a mermaid!” another howled, causing them to erupt with laughter.

“Now ladies,” The captain smirked, “we’ve passed enough human ships to know they can’t ALL be jumping overboard at the first sign of mermaids… and I think Gareth here prefers snakes to fish anyways.” They shared a chuckle as he simply cut a piece of the meat.

“So human,” one of them called, “what do you think is going on in your capital? I hear all the pretty young boys like you are getting snatched right up!”

“So they say,” he replied noncommittally.

“I hear a harpy’s doing it!” one shouted.

“Even the biggest harpy wouldn’t be able to grab a dozen of them every night,” another woman called, “I say it’s orcs!”

Gareth sighed and put his fork down, “orcs?” he asked incredulously, “in the middle of the Empire, doing all of this without being seen?”

“The human’s right,” the captain said with a smile, “orcs would never be able to keep quiet about anything they’re doing…” she took a sip from her cup, “what is the point of kidnapping human males though? The world has plenty of ugly rocks and stumps to look at instead, and the gods know they probably don’t have the stamina to please ladies like us.”

That got a round of laughter and several obscene gestures Gareth’s way, he was about to say something when Sky landed on his shoulder again, laughing.

“You people have NO idea what kinds of crazy stuff this guy gets up to,” Sky said, “trust me he’s done wilder things than anyone on this ship has ever seen.”

Gareth frowned as he realized that his clothes were slightly looser, “Sky,” he began, “did you-“

“Wasn’t me!” she said, suddenly realizing that he’d dropped in height, the tiny pixy had looked down at the Captain from her perch on his shoulder before, but now she was eye level with her.

“Oh sorry,” the captain laughed, the crew joining her, “it seems we forgot to take the pixy dust off of yours, how clumsy of our cook.” From the roaring guffaws he could tell that the seasoning of his meat was quite intentional. With a defiant sigh he took the final bite of his meat, letting the captain see him drift lower until their previous heights were reversed.

“Not so tough now, are you human?” The captain laughed, “looking up at me like this I’ll bet you’re utterly terrif-“

Gareth just rolled his eyes, shrinking didn’t really phase him anymore, especially just down to the elf’s shoulder, “Why captain, at this size those things on your chest might actually fill a person’s hand.” The crew roared with laughter and the captain’s face burned red. Gareth didn’t like to say such things about women, or anyone really, but he’d had enough of her.

He stood up, ignoring how loose his shirt was, and reaching down to cinch his belt tighter the now shorter Gareth walked away from the table, Sky trailing after him.

Phoebe was up on deck, finishing her own meal as the two of them approached, “Did you get dusted?” she asked him, looking at Sky suspiciously.

“They put pixy dust in my food,” Gareth said in an annoyed tone. He smirked, hoping to allay her worried look, “for what it’s worth Phoebe, you’re right, it does have a good flavor.”

“I should slither over there and have a talk with them,” Phoebe said angrily, “shrinking my husband without asking… it’s so rude!”

“Just forget it Phoebe,” he said, “I’m no worse for the wear, I have a few antidotes in my pack and Severa actually taught me how to make them, so-“

“He told the captain she had small tits!” Sky cackled.

Phoebe’s mouth opened in shock, “Gareth!” she laughed, “that’s so mean!”

“Whatever,” he muttered, “come on, let’s go relax in OUR cabin.”

Gareth hadn’t bothered to use one of his antidotes, deciding that since he was smaller anyways, he might let Sky and Phoebe play with him before correcting it. From the look the pixy gave him she had similar thoughts, and she buzzed about the cabin as he relaxed on the captain’s bed, enjoying the rolling of the ship.

Phoebe on the other hand was examining the captain’s bookshelf, “It’s so strange,” she said aloud, “I always thought Lessie had books on just about everything there was, but I’m starting to realize she doesn’t even have that big of a collection.”

“In the capital you can find books on just about anything,” Gareth said, looking at the moon out the porthole, “in my grandfather’s time only the rich had books, but with those dwarven printing machines even peasants have them now.” He grinned, “maybe we’ll go by the Imperial library?”

“I’d love that!” Phoebe said eagerly, reaching for one of the captain’s books. There was a click, and then all three of them stared in shock as a secret compartment opened on the side.

“Oh!” Sky said, “it’s a smuggler’s cabinet! Awesome! See if the captain’s got anything fun in there.”

“It looks like more books,” Phoebe said curiously reaching inside. She pulled one out and stared at the cover a moment, “Yeah, Lessie definitely didn’t have any books like this.” She idly opened it and started flipping through the pages, “a lot of pictures in this one too!”

Gareth frowned, “why would she hide picture books? Let me see that-“ he moved around the Lamia who easily towered over him now and pulled another one of the books out. They weren’t well bound he realized, and some of the “books” were little more than pamphlets hastily stapled together. He heard Phoebe and Sky giggling over his shoulder, the pixy was up on Phoebe’s head, looking down at the contents of the book they’d found.

“Oh yeah,” Sky laughed, “Romla had this one I think…”

Gareth raised an eyebrow and looked at the book in his hand, “The lone human gets lost?” he read, he hadn’t heard of it. Idly he thumbed it open, and his eyes bulged. The book was full of illustrations accompanied by some scant text, and every drawing showed blushing human men being pushed around and ravished by an elf wearing some kind of black outfit. “No my perfect and wonderful elf mistress,” he read aloud incredulously, “my brutish human mind is no match for your beauty?” He blinked, “Clearly the dialogue isn’t the strong suit for this genre,” he muttered.

“Wow, there’s so many of these!” Phoebe said, pulling more of the books out of the hidden compartment, “the pathetic human that got kidnapped by trolls,” she said, reading the titles, “the evil pixy that shrank our village…”

“Oh, let me see that one!” Sky said excitedly. Numbly Gareth placed it on a nearby desk, and Sky flew down to it and immediately hefted it open. “Pfft,” she said after a moment, “like you could really shrink THAT many humans in one day… Although that’s kind of neat, what she’s doing to that one…”

“The shrunken human that got kidnapped by a Lamia!” Phoebe said excitedly, she opened it, “look Gareth he looks just like you and-“ Her face went pale as the next page showed the titular Lamia swallowing her human captive. She slammed the book shut hurriedly, “I don’t like that one,” she said firmly.

“The captain definitely has particular tastes,” Gareth said, looking over the impressive collection of pornography. About half of it seemed to be about elves dominating humans, who always seemed to be getting themselves into situations that ranged from slightly absurd, to outright insulting. The one in his hand now had a human being tricked into kissing an elf’s boot after she claimed it would cure diseases. The rest involved human men being romanced and ravaged by every manner of creature imaginable, from ogres to harpies to holstaurs.

The door to the cabin burst open with a slam, and the three of them turned in unison to see the Captain, a bottle of rum in one hand, and her sword in the other. Her hat was discarded, letting her red hair flow freely across her flushed pale skin.

“Alright human,” She snarled, “We’re going to have a talk about respect and-“

She blinked, realizing what they were all holding. Her face was slightly flushed from the alcohol, but now a crimson shade spread across it’s entirety, not stopping until it reached the tips of her pointed ears. Her sword clattered to the floor, the only sound in the dead silence of the cabin.

“T-Those are… novelties,” the captain croaked finally, “a-a joke the crew got me for my birthday!”

“It’s perfectly fine to be into humans,” Phoebe said casually, “all of the Lamia I know love them!”

The captain was on her bed, shaking slightly as Gareth poured her some water, “Y-You don’t understand,” Hanna protested, “seriously, those are just a sort of… gag! I’m not seriously into…” she shot Gareth a look and gulped.

“Careful, she’s going to try to ravage you!” the pixy laughed.

“I am not!” the captain protested, “I wouldn’t ever… that is to say-“

Gareth was suddenly very aware of Phoebe beginning to coil herself around him. She gave the captain a gleeful look, then tightened ever so slowly, until Gareth’s arms were pinned against his sides. Her hand came down and she ran her fingers through his hair, her forked tongue dancing over her fangs excitedly.

“Look, this pathetic human got himself shrunk, now he’s too small to get away from me,” she shot a look at the elf on the bed, “he’s probably too small and weak to fight off an elf at this size…”

The captain audibly gulped, the flushed look returning to her face. Gareth rolled his eyes and fought down a laugh. The dialogue in all of the captain’s material portrayed the human men as horny idiots, he decided he’d play the part.

“Oh no!” he moaned, “I shrank so much none of my clothes fit!” As if in response Phoebe pulled his shirt off over his head, uncoiling slightly and letting the elf get a look at his muscled chest, the pair of fresh circular tattoos vibrant against his skin.

“W-What are you doing?” The elf rasped, “Do you want me to leave or-“

“What do you think?” he asked Phoebe. The Lamia just giggled in response, uncoiling from him so rapidly that he spun slightly. His pants fell around his ankles as she did so, leaving him naked and aroused before the waiting elf.

“Gods,” Hanna gasped, looking him over. Nervously she slid her way down to the end of the bed, standing up and walking towards him, her boots clicking against the wood as she loomed over him like an amazon.

“Oh no,” Gareth said mockingly, “an elven bandit has me cornered.”

The captain breathed out slowly, unbuttoning her own shirt. After a few minutes the redheaded elf was naked too, those pert breasts he’d mocked before standing at attention as she gently ran a hand over the shorter human’s own torso.

“Pixy!” she said excitedly, “can you make him a little… smaller?”

Gareth didn’t even have time to question it or protest before the gold dust rained down on him, the giggling pixy flying by on her way to perch once more oh Phoebe’s head.

He looked up at the elf, he was now eye level with her breasts, and from her eager grin that was where she wanted him. He grunted in surprise as the, to him, giant elf picked him up under his arms, swinging him in a wide arc and then pinning him on the bed.

With a giggle she began drawing herself up on him, “Gods this is it!” she cackled, “my very own human to play with!”

“Borrowed,” Phoebe called, having coiled on the far side of the room to watch, “your very own borrowed human.”

“Good enough,” the elf growled. Keeping him pinned she sidled up his body, her knees going on either side of his head as she lowered her dripping pussy down onto his face. He began servicing her immediately, licking the sweet juices of the elf as she moaned happily overhead, enjoying the occasional struggle as the human, once so big and strong, was now pinned underneath her.

“That’s it human!” She screamed, savoring the feel of his tongue against her most sensitive regions, “show your submission to the elves!” She grinned down at him, “if you don’t get me off in the next MINUTE I’m having the pixy make you even smaller!”

Gareth wasn’t really afraid, but he picked up his pace anyways, causing the elf to squeal as those pale thighs closed tightly around him. A hand the size of his head snaked around him, pulling him against the tuft of slick red hair.

He gasped as he felt something coil around his own erection, a thin and snakelike tongue he was well familiar with. It seemed Phoebe wasn’t content to just watch, and he bucked his hips as the enormous Lamia’s tongue toyed with him, coiling around his manhood and sliding up and down in a tightly controlled fashion.

He gasped as Phoebe brought him to orgasm at the same time as he finished the elven captain off, fighting to breath as she squeezed him harder than she ever had before. Finally, she gasped one last time, and then fell limp, collapsing next to him in the bed.

“Yum,” Phoebe said with a smile, slurping up his cum as she slithered around to the side of the bed, “now don’t you feel better about things captain?” she asked sweetly.

“Y-Yes,” she breathed, “that was… that was great.” She cleared her throat, “could I perhaps… stay in my cabin? With you all I mean?”

“Won’t your crew be a little suspicious about that?” Sky teased, fluttering down to the bed.

“To the depths with the crew,” Hanna muttered, “half of them were probably listening outside the door anyway.” As if on cue there was a suddenly grunt and the shuffling of a few dozen feet on the other side of the cabin’s door. Hanna just rolled her eyes.

Turning over the amazon sized elf looked down at Gareth again with a grin, “Pixy, could you please make him a little… smaller?”

The next few days were far more pleasant, although the crew would occasionally make wolf whistles and lewd gestures at Gareth as he walked along the deck. Hanna had spent every night in the cabin with them, apparently eager to run through every single scenario in those dirty books of hers before their trip was through. Today he was down around the chest height of most of the elves, and as he watched the ocean fall and rise alongside the ship, he spared a glance at the enchanted jewelry Severa had given him.

Gareth held the gold necklace in his hand, not sure how to make it work, “Severa?” he asked.

A moment later the arachne’s face seemed to appear in the jewel, a smile lit up her features, “Gareth!” she said eagerly, “what a nice surprise! How goes the voyage?”

“We had a rough start, but we’re doing better now,” he said, “I was actually wondering… for those pixy dust reversal potions, is there an easy substitute for red moss?”

“I’m afraid not,” Severa said, crossing her more human limbs, “don’t worry though, it grows almost everywhere so once you reach shore you should be able to buy some-“

“I’m actually out of potions now,” he said in an embarrassed tone.

Severa’s eyes, all of them, lit up, “I packed you a decent amount,” she said, a sly grin coming over her face, “what on earth has you changing your size so much?”

The elven captain giggled as she walked by, leaning into him and resting her head on top of his, “What’s this human?” she asked, looking down at the necklace. He winced as she pinched his bottom.

“Suddenly I think I understand,” Severa chuckled, “have we made a friend?”

“Who is this woman Gareth?” the captain asked, squinting into the gemstone, “how does this thing work?”

“I’m afraid you’re going to be stuck like that until you reach shore and can get the proper ingredient,” Severa said with a smirk, ignoring the elf, “just don’t let them make you any smaller until then.” She laughed one final time, “Lessie is going to LOVE hearing about this, now if you’ll excuse me Gareth I have several potions of my own brewing.” She disappeared from the stone, and with a sigh Gareth slipped it back into his pocket.

“So if I understand,” the captain said with a grin, pulling the diminutive human closer to herself, “there won’t be any getting bigger… my my, what could an evil elf do with that information?”

Gareth gulped nervously, the voyage would only be another few days, right? How bad could it be?”

“It’s okay,” Phoebe said soothingly, holding the tiny Gareth in the palm of her hand, “the voyage is only another few days!” The Lamia shot an angry look at the elf and the pixy, who were grinning sheepishly. “You two!” she snapped, “you knew Gareth was out of regrowth potions!”

“Oh well,” the captain chuckled, “I guess I’ll have to keep him in my boot for safekeeping until we reach shore, come here!”

Phoebe’s eyes snapped open and she made eye contact with the elf, “Stop,” she said, her voice dripping with the Lamia’s hypnotic energy, “you’ve been a bad elf, and you want to serve humans and make them happy!”

The captain’s eyes glazed over, and she fell to her knees in front of the tiny Gareth, “Please master, let this pathetic wretch of an elf serve you!”

“Phoebe that’s not necessary,” he laughed.

“Just enjoy it,” Phoebe said with a smirk, “it’ll only last for a few minutes anyways…”

“For what it’s worth I had no idea you were out of your anti-shrinking juice,” Sky said, fluttering to land next to him in Phoebe’s palm, “I just thought she wanted to shrink you to play like normal.”

“Humans are truly the best in the world,” the captain said excitedly, “I would trade everything I own just to have my head patted by one and called a good elf! I-“ she blinked as the hypnosis wore off, and she realized what she’d been saying. She scowled, “that’s not funny snake!”

“I thought it was funny,” Phoebe said, lowering Gareth down to her.

He walked to the edge of the lamia’s hand, and quickly darted his hand out to do the best he could to pat the elf on the head, “good elf!” he laughed. She snarled and reached for him so quickly that Phoebe, still laughing had to cuddle him against her cheek to keep him out of reach.

Although the seas were calm the sky was an ominous grey when the Elven ship docked at the wharf of the Imperial City. Gareth peeked out from between Phoebe’s breasts, he’d fashioned himself a tunic out of one of the captain’s silk handkerchiefs, but he still preferred to let the giant Lamia keep him close at this size.

He shivered as the wind blew across the sea, Phoebe shivered too, crossing her arms and temporarily sealing him away from the world between her breasts. Lamia weren’t truly cold blooded, but he was also pretty sure they couldn’t hold their body heat as easily as humans could, at least he’d never heard of any in colder climates.

“Okay here we are,” Hanna said, watching as the ship was tied to the dock. She turned to look up at the Lamia, and the human between her breasts, “I’m sorry again that I got… carried away.” She smiled weakly, “it wasn’t THAT bad of a voyage, was it?”

Gareth stared at a her a moment, then sighed, “It wasn’t too terrible, take care of yourself Hanna.”

“Right,” the elven captain sighed, “we should be in port a few days, though I’ll understand if you wish to charter a different ship for your return journey…”

Camford, or simply The Imperial City, was the cosmopolitan hub of a human empire that was now the largest of the race’s kingdoms in known history. The city walls, formerly meant to keep invaders away, now simply separated the older sections of the city from the newer, with the gothic stone of the Imperial Palace looming over them all against the overcast sky.

In spite of the rapid growth, the Imperial City was nothing if not orderly. With the streets in a grid shape and an orderly rubbish pickup system it was the only city Gareth had ever been to that he felt could be called “clean,” and normally the citizens reflected this pride in their demeanor.

Now though… he noticed that there were very few young men like him on the streets. For the first time in his life, it seemed the crowd was mostly women, and missing posters with young men’s faces drawn on them blew aimlessly across the street, nobody bothering to post them back up. The only other men he saw were either elderly, or there on some obvious business, peddlers at their shops and stands, and the occasional nervous pair of city guards, gripping their flintlock weapons and sword pommels uncharacteristically tightly.

Phoebe found the moss he needed at the first stand they approached right off the docks, and within the hour Gareth was back at his six-foot self, dressed and ready to lead his companions through the city. He’d been here often enough throughout his life that he knew his way around, and although Phoebe drew some odd looks nonhumans weren’t too rare in the capital, so they didn’t have any trouble.

“Wow!” Phoebe said excitedly, “this is amazing! And humans built all of these with stones they dug up?”

“Yep,” Gareth said, looking at the rising wood and stone buildings around them, “Lessie wants us to build some things similar to these, but I’m not sure it will work in the climate back home.”

“So where are we headed?” Sky asked eagerly, buzzing by his ear.

“We should probably see if we can stay at the palace,” Gareth said, looking at the looming fortress. It was built onto the city’s tallest hill, and had a number of private gardens and outlying buildings. “If all of these nobles and diplomats are coming to see the emperor in spite of the disappearances… well, it’ll have plenty of security at least.”

As they continued through the streets and the situation became more apparent Gareth frowned. Why had the emperor insisted on this ball? This was clearly a city in crisis, and while the Emperor was known to enjoy a party and a strong glass, he’d never been anything but dutiful towards his subjects.

With a start he realized he would be able to ask the man himself, nobility or not Gareth had never imagined he’d be in a position to speak directly to the Emperor…

He smirked, “Prince consort,” he muttered.

“That’s you!” Phoebe said with a smile.

“Ugh,” Sky said, sliding her way down to Gareth’s pocket, “this might be the most dour and depressing place I’ve ever been…” she glanced up at Gareth, “I thought you said this was a lively city?”

“It usually is,” Gareth said, “but… I’m guessing that none of the men are wanting to go out right now, if whatever is out here hasn’t gotten them already.”

“Gareth Von Berger,” he said to the palace guard, who looked at him, Phoebe, and Sky skeptically. “Prince consort of the Lamia Queen, honorary brother of the emperor,” he continued, “guardian of the Elven forests-“

“Don’t forget Swamp Knight!” Phoebe said eagerly.

“Swamp Knight?” The guard asked, raising an eyebrow. “Listen, son,” the guard began, “I’m sure out in the sticks or in this Lamia Queendom these are impressive titles, but this is the Imperial Palace, and almost every noble in the kingdom has an invitation, same as you, hells half the neighboring kingdoms have people coming here.”

“So what are you saying?” Gareth asked uncomfortably, “That no disrespect is meant,” the guard continued, “but I can’t give you and your entourage a room in the palace.”

“That’s ridiculous!” Gareth protested, “I was invited by the Emperor himself!”

“You and everyone else,” the guard said tiredly, “and because of the… troubles, they’re all bringing very large security retinues.”

“Where are we to stay then?” He asked angrily.

The guard looked at the Lamia and the Pixy, “I’m going to take a guess a fellow like you doesn’t have a problem with non-humans?” he asked.

“No,” Gareth sighed.

“There are a few inns over in the beastfolk quarter that are empty yet, and I’m sure they’ll have a room that can accommodate…” he looked over Phoebe again, “whatever she is. Simply bill it to the Emperor, I’ll see to it that your expenses are paid.”

“Thank you,” Gareth said, fighting to keep annoyance out of his voice, he’d really wanted to stay in the palace… Still, another part of him had been looking for an excuse to break that promise to Lessie about being careful. Maybe an inn would give him a better idea of what was going on?

“Another thing,” the guard said, “avoid dark places, and don’t stay out late… we don’t send guards on patrol anymore.”

“What!?” Gareth asked, shocked, “who keeps the streets safe? What about the criminals!”

“Lad,” the guard said, his face long, “trust me, there aren’t any criminals left… not ones operating at night anyway.”

“Welcome to Cassies!” a cheery holstaur woman said, as the three of them entered the inn. It was warm and inviting, a fire raged in one corner and the eager young woman behind the counter quickly walked around the bar to greet them, her tail swishing behind her. Gareth had to do a double take, her breasts were… well there was no other way to describe them but enormous. He forced himself to make eye contact with her, slightly pleased to notice that Sky and Phoebe had also briefly focused on her ample assets.

“A room for a human, a Lamia, and a pixy,” he said, “billed to the Imperial account.”

“Oh goody!” She said happily, “I’ve never met a Lamia before… and a pixy?” she leaned in to look at Sky, sitting on Gareth’s shoulder, “oh she’s so cute! We don’t get hardly any smallfolk around here, this is a real treat!” She looked around the empty tavern room sadly, “I’m so glad to have anyone really, business has been so hard…”

“What?” Sky asked, “seems like a nice enough place, do humans just not like you cow-people?”

Cassie’s eyes went wide, “Oh no, of course not! The humans are so nice to me! but my customer base is mostly young men and… well, not a lot of them want to come out anymore.”

“Have you heard anything about what might be causing this?” Gareth asked.

“No,” Cassie said, “nobody ever sees it, sometimes people hear shouts…” she swallowed nervously, “sometimes women who had someone taken go out and look for it, but none of them see anything… some of the braver girls started walking the boys home, but then…” her voice became a whisper, “I think whatever it is, it mostly wants men, but if they get in the way, or see it… it seems like it will take women too, and it mostly likes humans but… it’s not picky if you get in it’s way. There was a lizard woman who showed up to try to find it, and she and her human boyfriend went missing just the same as everyone else.”

They were quiet a moment, then Cassie gave them an apologetic smile, “just stay indoors at night, okay? If you want anything have the Lamia or me go out and get it for you, it’s no trouble, I promise!” With that she grabbed their bags off the floor, easily hefting them as she walked up the stairs to their rooms.

“So,” he said quietly, “I think I’d like to take a stroll tonight, would you two ladies care to join me?”

“Let me string my bow,” Phoebe said with a hiss.

“Count me out,” Sky said, buzzing down to a table and eyeing the drinks excitedly, “didn’t you hear her? It’ll go after women too if we try to get in the way!”

“So you were fine hunting down a mysterious monster when you thought it just wanted to eat me?” Gareth asked with a chuckle.

“Well yeah,” Sky said.

“Too bad,” Phoebe said, “you’re coming with us even if I’ve got to stick you in a jar and carry you along.”

“So what makes you think you can handle this thing if all those other guys couldn’t?” Sky asked, fluttering with some annoyance back up to Gareth’s shoulder.

Gareth laughed, “I don’t like to brag, but I think I know my way around a monster.”

“Sure do!” Phoebe giggled, leaning down to hug him.

The plan seemed simple enough, Gareth would walk through the empty streets while Phoebe shadowed him. Lamia were excellent hunters and had better night vision than most creatures, if something was on top of him she’d probably see it. As a backup the pixy would be hidden in his pocket, and if there was something they truly couldn’t handle it would be a simple matter to shrink him down and fly to safety.

He felt an odd sense of unease as his footsteps echoed down the cobblestone streets though. He forced himself to whistle an upbeat tune, both to calm his nerves, and hopefully draw something out.

Ghorza Skullcrusher slammed her drink down on the bar angrily, “So I tell you humie,” she said to the barkeep, who quickly refilled the mug with mead, “I come all the way here to this humie capital, they say these ones have conquered all the other ones, so they’ve got to be strong right?”

“That’s what the Imperial Army says, yes,” the barkeep said warily. He was divided on whether he was more afraid of being alone in his tavern at night, or if the seven foot plus orc woman was the greater peril.

“So I figure I could come here, have some fun with the local humies, maybe bring one back home with me!” She took another long swig, “but they say all your menfolks are gone? And everyone’s too afraid to come outside!” She wiped her mouth, her two lower tusklike fangs protruding from the gesture.

She eyed him with a sudden smile, “you say you’re already married?”

“Uh, yes, happily,” he said quickly.

“Too bad,” she grunted, eyeing her drink again, “you’re the best looking pinkskin I’ve seen so far. And your wife, she wouldn’t want to maybe-“

“Probably not,” the man gulped nervously, his hand shaking as he refilled the cup. He tried to steady his nerves, there was no way she’d be able to tell he wasn’t really married, he promised himself.

Ghorza noticed his fear and smiled, those large bottom teeth shining in the firelight, “Relax, Ghorza’s here! I don’t know what’s grabbing all the boys around here up, but if it comes through that door I’ll kick it’s ass and crush it’s skull!” She stood up, clearly drunk, and flexed her arms for the barkeep, “maybe the fists? Or maybe I give them a taste of this!” She leaned down and hefted her steel war axe over her shoulder.

The barkeep had to admit the green skinned woman was an imposing figure, aside from her Amazonian stature the tight brown travel garb she wore betrayed a muscular physique and large breasts, and judging from the smell of sweat and dirt that coated her she was well used to living on the road. He supposed she did make him feel safer… against the unknown anyway, he still wasn’t sure about her…

Gareth stopped at an intersection of two streets, attempting to peer into the darkness ahead. There were no lights on in the windows here, he wondered if the people inside the shops and homes had simply gone to bed, or if something more sinister had befallen them.

“Excuse me,” a young woman’s voice called. He whipped around to see a black cloaked figure, peering out of an alleyway. “You’re out very late,” the figure said, only the bottom half of her face visible, “haven’t you heard it’s unsafe?”

The hair on the back of his neck stood on end, this was triggering every internal alarm he had, but he forced a smile even as he walked towards the girl.

“I was just out for a quiet stroll,” he said, “yourself?”

“Just looking for dinner,” the girl said, and as she pulled back the hood and made eye contact he felt the familiar warm feeling of entrancement. “Would you follow me please?” He did so, eagerly keeping eye contact with her as she led him further into the dark alley.

Gareth was, by this point in his life, very used to entrancement, and this didn’t seem at all different from Phoebe and Lessie’s. Like always the rational part of his mind seemed to be pushed to the back, watching his body do things he didn’t want it to while his thoughts somehow tried to convince him it was okay. He’d gotten very good at recognizing and resisting it, although he rarely did, preferring to let the two Lamia play whatever game they wished. Now though, he summoned his willpower, retaking control even as he continued to follow instructions, the girl didn’t seem to notice anything was wrong.

“I’m the most beautiful girl in the world,” she said, her eyes going yellow.

“Truly you are,” Gareth said excitedly.

“You want nothing more than to feed me, to serve me,” the girl continued, drawing him close.

He mentally cursed and wondered where Phoebe was, Sky was still in his pocket, not wanting to give herself away. While he was able to throw off the mental yoke he didn’t want to get any closer to this woman, but he also didn’t want to scare her off or strike at the wrong moment.

There was a flash of movement and the girl’s mouth was opened unnaturally wide, a pair of fangs protruded from the top of her mouth. His eyes went wide as her ears seemed to elongate, the illusion gone. The vampire cradled him like a lover, pulling him close.

“D-Don’t!” he warned.

“It’s too late my darling,” she cooed, and he felt a sharp pain as the fangs sank into the side of his neck.

The vampire’s eyes went wide, and her calm demeanor vanished as she cried out in pain, staggering back even as Gareth’s blood dripped from her mouth. The mix of Lamia and Arachne venom took effect quickly, and the woman looked at him in confusion as her limbs began to quake.

“I warned you,” he muttered, drawing his sword.

“It seems this one is unpalatable,” a voice hissed overhead. He looked up and his eyes went wide with fright as he saw dozens of figures dropping down into the alley from the rooftops. Like the first woman they all had red eyes, and as they smiled fangs glittered in the moonlight. “We’ll simply have to dispose of him,” the speaker said.

“Let him go!” Phoebe shouted, her serpentine form blocking the alley as she nocked an arrow on her bow.

The group of vampires hissed in response, their fangs flashing as claws seemed to sprout from their fingertips. Phoebe’s slitted eyes narrowed, and she leaned up on her tail and returned their hiss, her massive fangs protruding and dripping venom in a move that caused even the gathered undead to step back.

Sky fluttered out then, gulping nervously as she hugged herself to Gareth’s still bleeding neck, “A-And I’ve got magic powers! Stay back!”

“You lie bug!” one of the vampires spat.

“Does pixy dust work on vampires?” Gareth asked nervously.

“Maybe?” Sky said in a panic, “I mean, they’re human underneath all that, right?”

He cursed, even if it DID work Sky would be able to miniaturize four or five of the bloodsuckers at best, and somehow, he doubted they’d sit still and let her do it. He didn’t want to miniaturize himself either, that would leave Phoebe to fight a dozen vampires by herself… His mind raced as the vampires began closing around him.

The barkeep rubbed the orc’s massive feet, his nose wincing at the pungent sweaty smell while the green skinned woman relaxed in a chair and sipped her mead. How had it come to this? She’d just casually started saying her feet were sore, then somehow, he’d been talked into rubbing them?

“Oh yeah,” Ghorza said with a satisfied sigh, “humans are so great at this, you’ve got those small fingers.” She idly grabbed the barkeep’s nose with her toes, causing him to cough slightly.

Suddenly the two of them heard a woman’s scream outside, then shouting? A gunshot rang out next. Ghorza stopped tormenting the barkeep, standing up and grabbing for her axe.

“That was one of those humie thundersticks,” she muttered. She shot one last look at the barkeep and sighed, “I guess we’ll have to meet up some other time. Bar the door after I’m gone, okay?”

“O-Of course,” the man nodded.

With that the orc warrior hefted her axe and, picking up a shield she’d leaned against the wall, strode confidently out into the night. As she’d instructed the barkeep shut and barred the door as soon as she was gone, heaving from the excitement and exertion. Even as the smell of her sweaty feet clung to him a part of him… missed her?

He blinked and decided he’d turn in for the night.

Gareth swore as he ran his sword through one of the hissing women, which seemed to do nothing but make her laugh as she continued to try to claw at him. His pistols lay on the ground, discarded after his lead shot hadn’t done more than toss one of the attacker’s back for a few minutes.

“The heart stupid!” Sky shouted, “you have to hit them in the heart!” She screamed and flew higher as one of the vampires made a grab at her. The pixy stuck her tongue out defiantly, but that defiance soon became terror as the vampire disappeared into a puff of smoke, leaving a large black bat that immediately took off into the sky after her.

“GARETH!” she squealed, diving for his pocket even as Phoebe brought the bat out of the air with a well-placed arrow.

For the Lamia’s part her size and strength were serving her well, but she bled from a dozen small cuts up her shimmering green tail, and the vampires were grouping around her now too.

Gareth felt one of the creatures leap onto his back, cackling madly as she raised a clawed hand to rip his throat out. Suddenly he heard the familiar sound of steel slicing flesh, he looked up to see the creature that had leapt on him had been cut bloodlessly in two, giving him one last hateful look before it seemingly melted into an inky black smoke that disappeared into the night air.

A massive orc woman had waded into the brawl, shouting as she swung her axe at the attacking undead, bludgeoning any who came at her with a heavy iron shield emblazoned with crisscrossed orcish clan emblems. Gareth found himself stunned, watching the juggernaut of muscle drive the vampires back through pure brute force. One thing was for sure, even if the orc was missing their hearts, they were certainly feeling every blow.

“Away from my new human bloodsuckers!” She growled.

Phoebe paused, her forked tongue flickering in confusion, “Your new human? No way! This one’s taken!”

“We can discuss it snake!” The orc said cheerfully, bringing her shield around as a vampire leapt at her.

Gareth tried to cut in, but more vampires seemed to be coming out of the shadows, and soon he found himself separated from Phoebe and the Orc, even as the two titanesses fought to reach him.

“Sky!” he shouted, “We need to go, now!”

“They’ll just turn into bats and chase me!” she wailed.

“I’ve got something that will distract them,” he shouted, reaching for the grenade on his belt.

The Empire’s flirtation with grenades was based on dwarven designs, though less sophisticated it didn’t take a genius to pack a porcelain ball with gunpowder and lead. Gareth had taken one with him, not knowing what to expect, but even as he lit the fuse he wondered if he’d made the right decision. There wasn’t time to second guess it, he decided, dropping it at his feet.

He closed his eyes and felt the warm itch of Sky’s pixy dust wash over him, his clothes billowing around him as he rapidly shrank. He was standing in front of a hissing grenade the size of a horse carriage when Sky swooped in, cradling him as she climbed higher.

As she’d feared the creatures began turning into bats, taking flight after them, but a moment later there was booming flash, followed by squeals of pain. Gareth didn’t have time to celebrate, the force of the blast rocketed into him and Sky, causing his tiny form to fly out of her arms. He never got a chance to see what he hit before he was knocked out.

He grumbled as he turned over, quickly realizing that he wasn’t in a bed. No, he knew before he even opened his eyes that it was a giant pair of breasts, and they were too big to be Sky’s at least.

“Phoebe,” he mumbled happily.

“Nope,” a gruff woman’s voice said.

His eyes shot open, revealing a pair of massive green breasts on either side of him, slick with sweat. He looked up at the amused face of the giant orc, her dark green hair hanging down around him as she regarded the human trapped in her bosom.

“I’m Ghorza, Ghorza Skullcrusher,” she said with a smile, “now what’s the name of the cutest little human I’ve ever seen?”

“Gareth von Berger,” he said, trying to get his bearings. “T-Thanks for helping us back there, do you know where my friends are?”

The orc shrugged, “the snake grabbed the little pink one and then we got separated.” She reached down and grabbed him by his leg, lifting him up out of her breasts and holding him upside down while she looked over his naked form.

She licked her lips and gave him a lustful grin, “I guess we know what happened to all the other humie boys… but at least the best one is still around.” A green finger came up and traced up his chest, “What are you, a hero of some kind?”

“Diplomat actually,” he said, trying to regain control of the situation, “Listen, Ghorza, my friends have an antidote to this shrinking, so if we could find them-“

“In the morning,” she said with a smile, “we won’t do anyone any good stumbling around out there in the dark while those bloodsuckers are still on the streets.” She gestured around at the dark room, lit only by a candle, “I broke into this place, luckily nobody was home.”

He let himself calm down, if Phoebe had Sky… they would probably be fine, Lamia could move very fast. Faster than a bat could fly? Who could say, but he suspected the vampires wouldn’t keep up their pursuit long, even if the city watch had seemingly abandoned the streets surely there were still soldiers about somewhere?

“Tell me humie,” she said, righting him as she curled her fingers around him, “what’s with you and the snake? I didn’t think Lamia liked cities… or people.”

“She’s one of my wives,” he said, seeing the now familiar shock on the orc’s face as it registered,

“Wives?” the orc grinned, “ONE of?”

“There’s another Lamia, their queen actually, and the pixy, and an Arachne,” he said with a sigh, “it was an arrangement I sort of fell into on a diplomatic endeavor.”

“Damn,” the orc breathed, “An Arachne too? One of the big ones?” He nodded and she laughed loudly, “you are something else human! We need to have some fun one of these nights, if you can handle that lot, you might just have what it takes to lay with Ghorza Skullcrusher and live to tell the tale!”

“Uh, thanks?” He said.

She laughed and brought him close to her face, looking over every miniscule inch of him, “You’re a real peach of a humie too, with that straw hair and smooth skin…” she growled, “I could think of a few fun things to do with you, even at that little size…”

“You wouldn’t be the first,” he said, resigning himself to this.

She laughed again, “I knew it! I just knew it! You’re perfect for me!” She rubbed her chin, “Something tells me that I should try to get your wives permission first though, last thing I need is another feud…”

“Uh, yes!” Gareth said eagerly, “that would probably be for the best, I don’t suppose you’d be willing to help us with this vampire problem? I suspect that they’re after the Emperor and-“

“Relax humie,” she said with a smile, “you just had to ask! Besides there are probably lots of cuties like you that need rescuing! And I can’t say no to that!” She blew him a playful kiss.

“That’s good to hear,” Gareth breathed with a sigh, whoever this woman was she could certainly fight from what he’d seen, and they’d need every able hand they could get.

She regarded him again, her eyes flickering in the soft light, “I know I said we’d hold off on having any real fun until I spoke with the snake,” she whispered, “but… here’s a little preview.”

Slowly she lowered him to her shirt, where her massive breasts waited for him, almost hungrily he could swear. She relished the feeling of pushing him in using just a single finger, letting him be swallowed up by the giant sweaty green cleavage with so little effort.

Ghorza gave a soft laugh as the human’s feeble struggles just coated him in the sweat and grime she’d built up on her journey to the city. Humans were always such a delight to play with, orcs had a certain innate desire to dominate others, but with other orcs that always amounted to clubbing each other over the head until one came out on top. With humans you could exert control over them in subtler ways, ways that Ghorza found more fun, and a human who found himself at a few inches tall? That was the gods sending you a sign to play with him!

Countess Carmilla Bathory lounged lazily on the balcony of the Imperial Palace, a cup of thick red blood in her hand. She was draped over the enraptured human emperor, a glazed look on his face as he looked up at her with a smile.

“Oh Sarmatian,” she said to him, forgoing titles, “I can’t wait to fully turn you… I hope you don’t do anything foolish like go mad or walk into the sun.”

A flutter of bat wings caught her attention, and she turned away from the mortal ruler to see one of her minions transform and kneel before her.

“Countess,” she said, her eyes on the floor, “W-We encountered a human male who escaped us!”

“Escaped?” The countess asked with a frown, her red dress trailing behind her as she walked to the cloaked vampire, “and how did this occur?”

“His blood was unpalatable my lady, our sister who tried to feed from him did not survive, he had others with him, an orc, a pixy, a Lamia…”

“A Lamia?” The countess asked curiously, “that must be that whelp who married the jumped-up snakes…” She ran a hand through the enthralled emperor’s hair, “you have such interesting subjects!” she giggled.

“What do we do my lady?” the vampire asked, “our sisters grow impatient, you’ve had us collect thousands of young human men, but you’ve forbidden us from turning them, and this failure has set them on edge-“

“My dear,” the countess said, interrupting her, “it doesn’t matter, it’s all too far gone! Even if this country lordling tries to warn people, we’ll have turned the entire nobility of this realm and, and a fair number of others. The Empire of Mankind will give way to the Empire of Night.” She sighed happily; it was all coming to fruition. “We’ll just kill the snake lover the next time he surfaces, if we can’t drink him we can gut him just the same.”

“Yes my lady,” the other vampire said, “and what of the other prisoners? The men you’ve been having us collect?” She licked her lips, “might we have just-“

“Absolutely not,” the countess snapped, “I have plans for them! Now go! Relay my orders!”

The junior vampire gulped nervously and nodded, assuming her bat form and fluttering off into the night.

The countess chuckled and draped herself over the emperor once more, her eyes making contact with his as she solidified the trance again, “tell me again my emperor, who is the most beautiful woman in the world?”

End Notes:
Meeting some new characters to help our protagonist through this arc, hope you guys like them. Part 3 coming soon!
An Imperial Invitation Pt 3 by Greenanon
Author's Notes:

Originally had this and the next chapter as one big one, but decided to split it up for readability.

The Lamia queen easily stood over most humans, as well as most of her subjects, indeed if Lessie had a human woman’s legs she’d stand at least twenty feet tall. Most of the other Lamia in her village hadn’t reached her height yet, and wouldn’t for some years, but the spread blueprints that the two humans had laid out for her included housing with rather large entryways and high ceilings. She was a Queen now, and it wasn’t appropriate for her people to continue living in tents.

“So, you’re saying that we’re going to need all of these tools to build simple houses?” she asked incredulously.

“I’m afraid so your majesty,” the human said, studying the blueprints and the proposed layout of Lessie’s town. “My father was an architect and builder, and he taught me these things.”

She allowed herself a moment of satisfaction from the “your majesty,” the Lamia have never really taken very well to referring to her by titles, and the human immigrant-husbands had been a nice change. On the other hand, she’d spent the last nineteen years being the smartest and most educated person in the swamp, save maybe for the Arachne, and repeatedly finding out just how little she knew about… everything really, was grating.

“Very well,” she sighed, “I’ll speak to our traders and see that the elves procure these tools for us… This concrete, it seems very expensive?”

“It makes an excellent foundation,” the man explained, “very important in unstable soil like in this swamp. Our only other option is cutting very large pieces of stone, and there isn’t any suitable source nearby.” The man gulped nervously and looked up at Lessie’s towering form. “Out of curiosity your majesty, are ALL of our uh… wives, going to get as big as you?”

She smirked, “Of course darling, but don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll be gentle with you…” She giggled to herself as she slithered back towards her tent. Sparing a glance back she smiled as she saw the man’s own Lamia wife, a silver scaled beauty with long white hair, curl around him affectionately, playing with his hair and laughing at some shared joke.

Several human men and Lamia waved at her as she moved through the village, and she cheerfully returned their greetings. So far, the Humans had made good on every promise Gareth had agreed to, and the Lamia produced enough niche goods that, for now at least, gold and materials were easily flowing into the rapidly expanding kingdom.

She scowled as she saw the towering form of the Arachne waiting for her by the edge of the village. Severa rarely ventured far from her fortress, and if she was looming large over Lessie’s own dwelling that meant that she had news.

“Your majesty,” Severa said in that same slightly mocking tone as always. “I see you’ve been busy,” she said, nodding at the ongoing construction, “and nobody here ran away when I walked up! One of the humans even said hello, I’m very impressed.”

“I assume you didn’t come all this way to compliment my administrative skill,” Lessie said, crossing her arms.

Severa produced a mirror in her hand which would have been the size of a dresser for a human, and she leaned it down so the Lamia could see into it. The Lamia matriarch gasped as she saw Phoebe’s curious face looking into it.

“Lessie?” Phoebe said eagerly, “I need your help, I don’t know what to do!”

Phoebe held the red gemstone necklace, coiled up in the room at the inn as she watched the sun rising over the city. Sky the Pixy fluttered around her nervously, peering out the crack in the drawn curtain at the streets below.

“YOU LOST GARETH!?” Lessie shouted through the necklace.

“T-There were vampires,” Phoebe stammered, “and an orc-“

“You got in a fight with an orc!?” Lessie roared.

“No, she was on our side,” Phoebe tried to explain, “I think anyways, she’s the one who took him.”

“It sounds like he’s in the hands of an at least erstwhile ally,” Severa mused, looming behind Lessie as they used the necklace.

“An orc woman…” Lessie shot a glance up at the Arachne, “that spell to make his pelvis stronger, you made sure he got that one, right?”

“Indeed,” Severa said in an amused tone, “all of his bones actually.”

“Phoebe,” Lessie continued slowly, “you should go find the city guards and-“

“No need,” Sky called, “they’re here!”

Cassie the holstaur squealed in fear as the city guards threw the door open, leveling pistols and swords as they entered. Another figure cautiously entered behind them, wearing a full suit of armor, gloves, and even a small veil over the helmet’s visor. Cassie gulped as the figure plodded slowly over the wood floor towards her.

“Where is Gareth Von Berger?” A woman’s voice snarled, “we know he came here last night!”

“W-What’s wrong?” Cassie protested, “he seemed like a nice enough young man-“

“He’s wanted for treason!” one of the guards said, “Inquisitor Mircalla believes he may be responsible for the recent disappearances of young men!”

“That’s impossible!” Cassie protested, “he just got here-“

“We will be the judge of that,” the armored inquisitor replied, “now tell us girl, where is he!?”

Phoebe and Sky had been listening nervously from their upstairs room, holding the necklace and allowing Severa and Lessie to hear the loud conversation from below. The pixy fluttered around the room in panic as the sound of footsteps came up the stairs. Sky flittered down and hid herself by one of the bags. Phoebe looked around, and, finding no place for a nine foot tall Lamia to hide, steeled herself as the door was opened.

The guards roughly shoved Cassie in first, and the holstaur girl stumbled and tried to steady herself, “I-is lord Berger in?” she stammered.

“He uh, went for breakfast,” Phoebe lied, “is something-“

“Arrest this creature!” the inquisitor shouted.

The guards looked at each other nervously, then at the towering Lamia, who was now coiled defensively. Phoebe hissed in frustration, causing the men to jump back and at least one to cock his flintlock. With a defeated sigh, she held her hands in front of her, allowing a jittery guard to leap forward and begin tying them.

Inquisitor Mircalla looked around the room suspiciously as the men forced the Lamia through the doorway, leading her by a rope leash. Sky waited for her to walk by the discarded travel bag, then fluttered towards the doorway.

Hearing the buzz of the pixy’s translucent wings the armored figured paused and began to turn. Sky panicked, and then started as she was grabbed out of the air. Cassie the Holstaur made a split second’s eye contact with her, then, before the Pixy could say anything, shoved her between her massive breasts.

For Sky it was like being submerged, the massive pillows on either side swallowing her up as the woman pushed her down. A brief sheen of sweat lubricated her journey, and even though she struggled reflexively Cassie’s breasts were simply too massive for her to even cause a jiggle as she disappeared between them.

The inquisitor stared at the red faced holstaur, “What was that noise?” she hissed.

“Oh,” Cassie said, trying to ignore the squirming in her bosom, “I-It was just a rat probably, lots of rats in this part of town, scurrying around in the walls…”

“Disgusting,” Mircalla remarked, “if you see Berger, or any of his other accomplices, you are to report them to the city watch immediately.”

Ghorza peered out at the guards leaving the inn. Concealed in the shadows of a nearby alley she was sure they wouldn’t spot her. She swore angrily under her breath as she saw the humans leading the Lamia out, it confused her though… she’d seen the Lamia fight, she could have torn those men to pieces!

“Bah,” she muttered, “a heart too soft…”

She reached into her satchel, hanging at her side, and fished around for a minute for the human. Her green fingers closed on his squirming form, and she drew him out. She’d offered to carry him in a number of intimate places, but he’d insisted on just going in her bag… He was just tense, Ghorza reasoned, and no wonder, vampires were said to be a formidable foe, and if the human chief was their prisoner they were in for a difficult fight. Still, she wanted to help him relax a little, and so with a giggle she’d made sure to toss a pair of her well worn smallclothes in over the tiny man, “to hide him,” she assured him.

For Gareth’s part, being smothered by the orc’s underwear had stirred up a number of conflicting feelings. His mind was racing, a million things on it, but as the smell of her dried sweat and something… sweeter, familiar, billowed around him he couldn’t help but think of her, fighting down a sudden urge to submit to her, to crawl into her most intimate places and make her howl with pleasure, to be at his full size and let her pin him to a bed, riding him again and again until-

He gasped for air as the orc pulled him out, his straining arousal causing her to smirk as she dangled him in front of her face. His face went red as his thoughts cleared and he remembered where they were, and what they were doing.

“I see someone likes me,” she chuckled quietly, “do not feel ashamed human, orcish women have a certain way with men, our musk makes your heads a little funny.” She rubbed her chin thoughtfully, “a humie scholar tried to explain it to me once over drinks, phero-something he said…” she shrugged.

“R-Right,” he said, breathing a bit as he took in the situation, “So the city watch… they took Phoebe?”

“If that’s the snake, yeah,” Ghorza muttered. “Looks like the bloodsuckers have someone high up on their side…” She chuckled, “this is never a problem in orc lands.”

“How do your people deal with this kind of thing?” he asked curiously.

“Anytime someone thinks someone else is a vampire they just challenge them to a duel at sunrise,” she explained.

“And if they just don’t want to duel?” he asked.

She rolled her eyes, “don’t want to-“ she scowled, “humans… anyway we don’t live in big buildings like you, there aren’t as many places to hide out on the prairie either, easy enough for a chieftain to make sure everyone’s out in the sun, duels or no duels.”

“The sun…” he muttered, watching the guards leave, “I’ll bet that inquisitor covered up in the armor is one of them.”

“Yep,” Ghorza said excitedly.

“When they’re gone, I need you to take me into the inn,” he said, “I don’t think they took my things…”

Cassie struggled to push the fluttering pixy down into her cleavage again, “Just wait until they’ve been gone a little while!” she pleaded.

“I’m drowning in your udders!” Sky squealed in protest, but the holstaur’s hand came down again and forcefully shoved the pixy inside just as the door opened.

“Hi, welcome to Cassie’s!” she said cheerily as an orc woman entered. Her eyes went wide as the orc hefted an axe menacingly, “any of the humies still here?” she growled.

“N-No,” Cassie stammered, cursing her helpful nature.

“Hrmm…” the orc grumbled, glancing around, “coast seems clear…” she reached into her breasts and drew Gareth out of his green prison.

“Lord Von Berger!” Cassie said excitedly, “and you’re…” her face went red, “naked…”

“Pixy dust doesn’t shrink clothes,” he said in a tired voice.

Cassie beamed excitedly at the mention of pixies, reaching into her own cleavage she drew out the sweat drenched Sky, dangling her from one arm almost like a mirror image of Gareth.

“H-Hey,” Sky smiled weakly, “did the boobies get you too?”

He chuckled in spite of himself.

“Oh,” Sky muttered, fluttering down to the broken jar on the floor of their room. “That sucks, sorry Gareth.”

Standing next to a pixy who’s belly button he was eye level with Gareth just sighed, watching the remains of his pixy dust antidote seep into the floorboards. He looked around the rest of the room, and felt a moment of jubilation as he saw that, if nothing else, they’d at least left the necklace. He ran over to it and laid his hands upon the massive chain.

“Severa?” he shouted.

“Gareth!?” Lessie called, the gem lit up, and he could see their concerned faces peering at him through it. Sky fluttered down next to him, revealing their size disparity, “Oh gods, he’s tiny,” Lessie muttered.

“We had to make a quick getaway,” he said defensively, “and it looks like the vampires have infiltrated the imperial government, we’re fugitives, or the next best thing.”

“I’ve heard enough,” Lessie said, “Gareth, I order you to recover Phoebe and return to the swamp immediately!”

“We can’t,” Gareth sighed, “it’s obvious what’s going on here, these vampires summoned us all here because they plan on taking the entire government, AND all the diplomats who came. Even if we get away, do you really think this won’t follow us back home?”

Lessie fumed, knowing he was right. She briefly thought it over, if these vampires took the human’s Empire, and all those other kingdoms… no, even hundreds of Lamia wouldn’t’ be able to stand against them.

She tried to collect herself, “Very well, smash the gem and Severa will go up to the palace and kill them all.”

“Excuse me?” The Arachne asked, raising an eyebrow, “that doesn’t sound very diplomatic, and an entire city full of armed humans and who knows how many mages? I might make it up to their palace, but even I would have trouble fighting my way back out again.”

“I don’t know if brute force is the answer to this one,” Gareth said, thinking it over.

“What!?” Ghorza said indignantly. She reached down to pick up the necklace, and a hapless Gareth held on, causing him to be lifted into the air. “Listen here humie, you don’t run across a nest of vampires just every day! I know you settled folk love your boring yappin’ but I think it’s only fair we bash up a few of them at least!?”

“Ah, this must be the orc Phoebe mentioned,” Lessie said coolly.

“Ghorza Skullcrusher, at your service,” she said, beaming with pride, “and like I said, we need to crush them!”

“We don’t know who they’ve got in the nobility!” Gareth protested, dangling dangerously.

“Gareth is right,” Severa said suddenly, “my old adventuring party dealt with a number of vampire infestations, and the answer isn’t to simply put all the suspects to the sword, tempting though it may be.” The giant Arachne rubbed her chin a moment, thinking, “vampires spread quickly, but they also tend to collapse quickly when confronted. The older ones are dramatic, pathologically so, and it has to be a particularly old and powerful one to be commanding this many underlings.”

“So you’re saying we take out the head vampire?” Sky asked, buzzing up to catch Gareth as he lost his grip on the necklace. Cradling the diminutive human she gave him a wink, before fluttering up to the orc’s shoulder, giving them both a good view of the gem.

“That’s a good start,” Severa said, “vampiric authority flows from the top down, kill the head of a coven and any thralls or recently turned vampires will return to normal, if they haven’t fed yet anyway…”

“And if they have?” Ghorza asked.

Severa shrugged, “When their master dies most vampires immediately start trying to kill their comrades of flee. No honor among thieves, or other denizens of the night.”

“So it’s just a matter of finding the head vampire then,” Lessie said.

“It shouldn’t be too hard,” Severa said, “I’m guessing since we’ve seen a lot of young men go missing it’s a female vampire, and she’s doubtless going to be close to the Emperor, maybe even openly parading herself as his paramour.”

“Why wouldn’t she just keep hidden?” Sky asked.

The Arachne smirked, “they really can’t help themselves. For that matter she hasn’t turned your kidnapped men yet. If she created that many vampires, they’d be going mad with hunger and tearing that city apart by now.”

“So we still have a chance then,” Gareth said excitedly.

“Since it seems we’re stuck doing this,” Lessie mutterd, “Gareth, as your queen I order you to kill the head vampire and rescue Phoebe.” She looked up at the orc warrior, “the orc looks formidable, give her whatever she wants to secure her services Gareth.”

“Uh,” he swallowed, looking up at the lustful grin tracing across that giant green face, “Lessie, maybe-“

“WHATEVER she wants Gareth,” Lessie said, a small smirk coming over her face.

“I have a feeling I should be prepared to be summoned at a moment’s notice?” Severa asked.

“Y-yeah,” Gareth said, watching the orc lick her lips. “I-I guess we’d better get started.”

With one final wink from several of Severa’s eyes the gem faded back into it’s normal ruby color. The orc tossed the necklace on the bed and sat down on it, causing the springs to creak.

“T-This sounds very important,” Cassie stammered, breaking her silence finally. “I’m not really good at fighting or anything, but is there anything I can do to help?”

“Have you ever brewed a potion before?” Gareth asked.

“Just tea,” Cassie said apologetically.

“It’s not a very complicated one,” he said, “not much different from cooking… there’s some pixie dust in a jar in that bag there,” he pointed to Phoebe’s. He quickly listed the ingredients and the simple instructions, and Cassie nodded eagerly and hurried out the door, excited to prepare the antidote for him.

“Already trying to get big again humie?” Ghorza smirked, “that’s okay, we can still have fun with you at any size.”

“It’ll take her a few hours to brew it,” Sky said teasingly, “if you wanted to… have a little fun with him now.”

“Or we could try to find where they’ve taken Phoebe,” he protested.

“Those guards are long gone, we can spare a few minutes,” Ghorza chuckled, already reaching down with one hand to undo her belt. “Tell me Gareth Von Berger,” the orc said in a faux menacing tone, “are you a great warrior among humans?”

“I don’t want to sound a braggart,” he began hesitantly.

“He kicks ass,” Sky said, lifting herself up and tossing his smaller form down into the orc’s cleavage. He bounced slightly off her breast before becoming lodged between them, no doubt as Sky had intended. “He’s great with a sword or a gun, he’s strong, he’s fast, and he’s got a bunch of crazy enchantments on him now!”

“Excellent,” Ghorza chuckled, lifting her shirt over her head. Gareth’s world was briefly dark as she tossed the tunic to the floor, leaving the orc as naked as he was. She plucked him from her breasts and held him away from herself, giving him a chance to take in her well-muscled, yet curvy physique. “I think I’d like to wrestle you humie,” she said, chuckling at his lustful expression.

“That doesn’t seem fair,” Sky remarked with a smile, hovering over the orc’s shoulder.

“Oh?” The orc asked, raising an eyebrow and suddenly giving the pixy a hungry look, “perhaps as his friend you’d like to-“

“Nope!” Sky giggled, hovering up to the ceiling’s crossbeams and taking a seat, “I think I’m just playing spectator today, but don’t feel like you need to go easy on him on my account.”

“Sky you traitor,” he muttered.

“Don’t worry Gareth,” Ghorza said, laying her titanic form down on the bed, “I’m an honorable warrior, and we’ll make it fair…” she smiled, showing off those short tusklike fangs, “now normally, if you wrestle a weaker opponent, you limit yourself in some way… maybe tie an arm behind your back.” She brought him close and licked up the side of his body, causing him to shiver as her rough tongue slid over his skin. “I thought about having you wrestle my hand, my foot, but I can only think of one muscle that’s just the right size for us to have a fair contest.”

She lowered him down, laying him between those muscular thighs as he smelled a strong musky odor wafting out from between her legs. He involuntarily took a deep breath, his pupils going wide as his mind clouded. He looked hungrily at the massive green pussy, a wild tangle of hair above it the same earthy dark green as that on her head. He wanted that, he wanted to be inside there-

“Slow down humie,” Ghorza chuckled, “wow, those phero-whats… they must really drive you wild at that size huh?” A giant green hand came down and gently pushed him away from her opening, “you can’t just jump right in! You need to hear the rules first.”

“R-Rules?” He gasped, his senses briefly returning.

“If you can make me finish you win, if I can squeeze you unconscious, I win, sound fair?” Ghorza said with an evil grin.

“Sounds totally reasonable!” Sky called from the rafters, “I’ll just watch and make sure there’s no uh, foul play.”

Gareth shot a look up at her and noticed she already had a hand under her dress, touching herself idly as she watched the orc have her way with him. He tried to shout something at the pixy, but that giant green hand appeared again, those powerful fingers gently shuffling him towards the moist and waiting lower lips. His arousal, and the cloudy headedness that came with it, returned instantly as the powerful smell of her wetness hit him.

The slick flesh slid over him, covering his head, shoulders, and torso as he was forced inside. In the warm darkness he was gripped on all sides, feeling himself drawn inside the orc-woman even as her fingers released his feet. He struggled for air, but calmed as he realized that he didn’t quite need it as much suddenly, another of Severa’s enchantments?

The orc woman sighed with pleasure, feeling him against her most intimate spaces, then she grinned before gritting her teeth and clenching him as hard as she could.

Gareth felt the wind knocked out of him, and felt several of his joints pop as the orc woman began her “fight” with him in earnest. He growled and began moving against her, feeling the walls contract and seem to pummel him as she demonstrated the remarkable control she had over even this part of her body.

Ghorza panted, beads of sweat beginning to form on her face as the human began hitting all the right spots inside her. An involuntary grunt escaped her, and her eyes went cross-eyed as she tried to keep herself from losing the “duel.” With a snarl she crossed her legs, gripping the blankets of the bed on either side as she fought to maintain control, crushing down on the puny human with as much force as she could.

“He’s pretty good at this!” Sky mocked, now clearly aroused at the display, “you’ve got no chance greenskin!”

The orc swore angrily and doubled down on her efforts. Inside her Gareth returned the blows, moving his body in a rhythm he’d learned would drive her wild, while reaching an arm to search for a sensitive spot he knew would be somewhere along her inner walls. He grunted as he was crushed again, the muscular force driving him inward into Ghorza’s depths, he had no doubt that, if not for the various magical charms and enchantments Severa had subjected him to, he’d have already lost this “fight.” He grinned as he felt the walls around him drip more fluid, the orc was losing the battle.

Ghorza moaned, losing her grip on the bedsheets as her body betrayed her and her defeat neared. She bellowed defiantly one last time as she felt her arousal climax in orgasm, clenching her legs together in vain as the human pushed her firmly over the edge.

She lay on the bed panting a moment, shocked. She felt movement inside her, but didn’t resist as Gareth slid out, landing on the bed with a wet plopping noise.

Sky giggled, admiring her own wet fingers as she lifted off from the crossbeam and landed back down on the bed. With a flourish she lifted Gareth’s arm up, though even fully extended it just came up to her breasts.

“We have a winner!” she announced, and from the defeated groan the orc agreed.

Gareth cursed, wishing they’d had more time to wait for his potion to be ready. Cassie was back at the inn brewing it per his instructions, but he’d wanted to get moving on finding the trail of the group that had taken Phoebe. At the very least Cassie had loaned him some doll’s clothes…

Ghorza, now much more affectionate towards him, had lovingly tucked him tight between her breasts again. It served to keep him in place well enough while she leapt between the rooftops with surprising grace, stealthily keeping low as she tried to peer down at the moving crowds on the streets. The city guards would be looking for them, and orcs weren’t common enough in the Imperial City for her to go unnoticed down on the pedestrian paths.

Sky had immediately taken off on her own. Pixies were most often used as scouts in the elven military, and while they were rare this far north, they were small and fast enough that they could usually go unnoticed if they weren’t actively dispersing the shimmering pixy dust. Gareth saw a pink streak headed towards them, hovering just in front of the orc’s face and looking down at him with a smile.

“I think I found them!” Sky said excitedly, buzzing up to them. “Come on, this way!”

“We might find your lamia love yet,” Ghorza said, patting his hair with the tip of her finger. With a running start she leapt for the next rooftop, causing Gareth to slip slightly lower amidst the green breasts surrounding him.

They crossed the rooftops until they came to a wide-open public square. As with the rest of the city ,the crowd was far sparser than usual, and the largest group was clearly the black armored inquisitor and the handful of bored looking city guards. The trio watched as Mircalla seemingly dismissed the men, waving away from herself. She waited for a moment, disquietingly still as the people moved around her, then she began moving into one of the darkened alleyways.

“She’s alone!” Gareth said excitedly, “after her!”

Mircalla looked up at the rooftops, hoping the shade of the alleyway would be enough. Slowly, delicately, she removed the veil around the helmet’s visor, and breathed out a sigh of relief when the light didn’t immediately sting her skin. She unbuckled the armored helm next, setting it on a pile of wooden crates some shopkeeper had stacked nearby.

Reaching for her belt, she hefted the small wineskin in her hand, staring at it a moment. Greedily she brought it to her mouth, she’d intended to savor it, but the draw was too much. The countess only allowed them the blood of cows, pigs, livestock, sadistically making them work for the silky rich reward of human essence. To earn this small morsel, she’d brought the Lamia to her mistress, and even as it disappeared down her throat she desperately fantasized about what she might get for bringing the rest.

She blinked, the bliss of feeding disappearing as she realized something was wrong. Her skin itched, and her armor grew loose. In panic she looked up, watching the buildings grow farther away. She almost screamed as her head disappeared below the neckline of the armor, causing the steel to clatter to the street in a pile. The confused vampire crawled hurriedly through a long tunnel she realized was her own shirtsleeve, hoping to escape the collapsing tent of the outfit she’d worn only moments ago.

“Well, well, well,” a male voice said as she crawled, naked, out into the alleyway, “we’ve made an interesting scholarly discovery today,” the voice mused, “vampires, if they were human in life, still get shrunk by pixy dust!”

Her eyes traced up and she saw a human wearing ill-fitting clothing, with a start she realized it was the one she was looking for, and behind him stood a Pixy, but the pixy was twice as tall as the human was, practically a giant! No, Mircalla realized in terror, twice as tall as SHE was!

With a squeal of terror Mircalla took the form of a bat, fluttering into the air, no plan in mind, just desperate to escape.

The pixy rolled her eyes and almost casually lifted off, buzzing behind the tiny bat for a few seconds at an almost playful following distance before simply snatching her out of the air. Mircalla struggled, emitting rodentlike squeaks as the pixy landed back next to the human.

“Change back now,” Gareth commanded.

With a whimper Mircalla did so, the amazon sized pixy instantly wrapping her arms around the diminutive vampire.

“If you turn into a bat again?” Gareth said, “my friend will deal with you.” He nodded up to an immense orc that towered over all three of them. Mircalla almost fainted as the green skinned titan waved down at them.

“If you try to get away again,” Gareth clapped his hands together for emphasis, “just like a mosquito, understand?” Mircalla nodded weakly and he grinned, “I think she gets the message, let’s go.”

“G-Go?” She asked, “where are we-“

There was a *thunk* as a giant glass jar came down on her.

Mircalla whimpered as the cloth surrounding her glass prison was pulled away, revealing that she’d been placed on a table in the very same inn she’d visited earlier that day. The Pixy landed next to the jar, mockingly sticking her tongue out as her wings fluttered. Behind her the giant forms of the Holstaur, the Orc, and the Human loomed large. She felt her heart skip a beat, if he was big again… surely, they could fix this?

She managed to summon up a bit of courage, snarling and displaying her fangs and extending her claws as she raked the glass angrily.

“I’ll swallow your soul!” she howled, hoping to strike some terror into the human at least.

“She’s so cute like that!” Cassie said, completely ruining the moment.

With a chuckle the orc grabbed the top of the jar, shaking it violently and causing Mircalla to fall over. She rubbed her head, sore from where it struck the glass, and looked up angrily at them.

“I’m a terrifying creature of the night,” she said angrily, “you’d best treat me with respect!” Seeing them unmoved she tried to flash her fangs again, to no response, “I-I mean it!”

Gareth reached for the jar, relishing his returned size as he regarded it, “Don’t worry,” he said with a grin, “I poked a few air holes in it, like I did for bugs when I was a child.”

“Do they even need air?” Sky wondered, “I mean she’s dead, right?”

“Let’s stick with the important questions,” Gareth said, a dark look coming over his face, “Where’s Phoebe?”

“T-The snake?” Mircalla asked meekly.

“Yes,” Gareth growled, shifting the jar slightly and causing her to tumble over.

“They’ll take her right to the Countess,” Mircalla said, “she’s probably going to question her to make sure you don’t know what she’s planning!”

“Which would be?” Gareth asked with a sigh.

“She’s going to turn all of the party guests,” Mircalla explained, trying to hide her naked breasts from the giant onlooker’s eyes. “She makes you drink her blood and then you’re… like me.”

“There are going to be hundreds of people up there,” the orc said, “how much blood has she got?”

“I don’t know how she’s going to do it,” Mircalla wailed, “we’re just supposed to bring all the kidnapped men up to the castle walls at midnight!”

“And where are they?” the orc snapped.

“The old imperial catacombs,” the vampire said, “all the old crypts, sewers, wine cellars beneath the palace, miles of tunnels,” she said, “she’s got them frozen somehow, suspended animation I think it’s called.”

“We’ll let Severa figure that one out,” Gareth muttered, “Okay, we’re going to have to sneak into the palace,” he regarded the vampire, “you might be useful for showing us around…”

“NO!” she squealed, pressing her hands against the glass, “if I go back there the countess will call me to her, and when she finds out I told you all of this she’s going to make me watch the sunrise! Poof! I’m just ashes!”

“Like you deserve any better,” Sky said, crossing her arms.

Mircalla balled her fists angrily, “I didn’t ASK to be a vampire! She made me like this!”

“But you sure went along with it,” the pixy said, fluttering back up to Gareth’s shoulder.

The vampire just sulked, and for a moment Gareth felt a tinge of pity for her… but just a tinge. Finally, he sighed, placing the jar back on the table.

“Cassie,” he said, causing the Holstaur to perk up, “can you keep an eye on this for me?” he pointed to the jar.

“Oh sure,” The Holstaur said. “I think I can handle her like that.”

Internally the vampire smirked, this cow-woman would be like putty in her hands. She’d find a way to slip away, and then-

Mircalla’s world spun as Cassie eagerly grabbed up the jar, “Look at her, she’s just so…” she squealed excitedly, “CUTE! I have a whole case of doll clothes, and you’re going to try on every single dress!”

Mircalla’s eyes went wide as the holstaur began unscrewing the jar’s lid.

End Notes:

Originally had this and the next chapter as one big one, but decided to split it up for readability.

An Imperial Invitation Pt. 4 by Greenanon
Author's Notes:
I had written this and the previous chapter as one long installment but it got too long and I split it up.

Gareth yawned and sat up, looking at the sun going down through the curtains. They’d all decided to get some sleep after planning out their next moves, if everything went to plan they’d be up all night. He started lacing up his boots, causing the orc next to him to stir awake. He rolled his eyes and smiled at the goofy grin on the enormous green woman’s face, Lessie had said to give her WHATEVER she wanted… although cuddling him while he slept hadn’t been what he’d expected her to request.

“Hold on to this,” Gareth said, tossing Ghorza the ruby necklace as they walked down the stairs into the inn’s main hall.

“You don’t think you should have it?” The orc asked curiously, putting the necklace on.

“If, when, the time comes, someone needs to smash the ruby,” he explained, “and I’m not sure what size I’ll be then.”

“Gareth!” a squeaky voice called.

The three of them turned to see Mircalla, now in a powder blue doll’s dress and standing between Cassie’s splayed hands. The vampire’s pale skin and red eyes stood out easily from the colored fabric, and as she sprinted to the edge of the inn’s bar counter Gareth noted with some amusement that there was even a matching blue bow tied in her hair.

“I-I changed my mind, I think maybe I should come with you-“

“Show them your dance!” Cassie said eagerly.

“I don’t want to!” the vampire pouted.

Cassie sighed, holding a small sewing needle up to the tip of her finger, “if you don’t show them the dance, I won’t feed you.”

The vampire licked her lips, then with hesitant and embarrassed movements began lifting the dress and doing a joyous little jig while the Holstaur clapped time.

“Twirl!” Cassie called, “and kick HIGH! Like that!”

“Wow,” Sky whispered, “and you worried Cassie wouldn’t be able to handle her.”

“Good luck!” Cassie called as the three of them left.

Mircalla watched as the door of the tavern ominously closed, leaving the vampire alone with the grinning Holstaur. She couldn’t’ even bring herself to turn around as she heard the cheerful humming and the sound of Cassie opening the box again.

“I-I am a fearsome predator of the night,” she insisted to herself, letting her fangs drop slightly, “entire villages fear the mention of-“

Her fangs reflexively retracted back into her mouth as Cassie slammed a carved wooden doll onto the bartop next to her. It was a carved male holstaur, with a pair of what looked like blue overalls and a goofy grin crudely drawn on his face.

“Biff here was one of my favorite toys growing up,” Cassie said with a fond smile, “and now he’s finally going to get married!” Mircalla’s eyes went wide as the giantess handed her down a doll sized white wedding dress.

“That human better come back,” she muttered to herself, slowly slipping out of the blue dress.

Moving through the city was a lot easier at night than it was during the day, and at this point the three didn’t even bother to disguise themselves as they walked towards the palace. The only caution they needed was avoiding the long line of carriages rolling towards it, likely carrying the assembled nobles and dignitaries. Almost all of the city watchmen lined the street, and the bodyguards of the various nobles eyed the shadows warily.

The palace was a large gothic stone structure, originally built as a massive lone fortress which the city had grown alongside over the years, and right up to the very walls itself. It wasn’t a single building so much as it was a ringed complex, with multiple structures along with the central keep, long since converted from a fortress into a luxurious and decadent mansion.

Gareth had never been inside, but he’d spoken to those who had. As they walked along the streets circling the palace they eventually came to the far side, away from the main gate. As Gareth had been told there was a much smaller entrance here, maybe only wide enough for a single cart to go through. Tonight, it was barred and watched by a pair of guards with muskets over their shoulders and swords at their sides.

“That’s our way in,” Gareth said quietly, watching from the shadows.

“On it,” Sky whispered back, and a moment later the pink blur was off. Gareth and Ghorza watched as the Pixy flew in the familiar circular pattern, raining gold dust down and quickly reducing the two guards to panicking lumps in their own collapsed clothes.

Gareth sighed and closed his eyes, feeling his own clothes slinking over his skin as the pixy returned and began applying the same magic to him. He arched his back slightly, causing his shirt to fall perfectly around him, rather than trapping him. His eyes shot open as someone kissed him, and he looked up at the head taller form of the pixy as she leaned back up to her full height with a giggle.

“Why don’t you ever shrink me to the same size as you?”

Sky frowned, “I’m just taller than you, wouldn’t it be weird to make you the same size?”

“You’re-“ he started, then sighed, realizing the pixy was teasing him.

Flying into the fortress was trivial, nobody was watching for a pair of six-inch intruders, well six and five inches. Sky simply set him down by the barred rear gateway, and then took off again to retrieve the shrinking antidote. She returned moments later, struggling to fly down to him as she held a vial that she could only barely get her hands around.

“Thanks,” he said, forcing the stopper out with both hands. He tilted it and began drinking, and a moment later he was tilting it back with one hand as he shot back up to his full size. The bar holding the door shut was heavy, but Gareth’s found it easy enough to dislodge.

He pushed the door open and sighed to see Ghorza, pinning the two shrunken human guards under her bare foot.

“Let them up,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“But they love it!” Ghorza teased, “tell him how much you love kissing green feet humies!”

“W-We,” one of them started.

“Ghorza!” he snapped, “they’re just trying to do their jobs.”

“Fine,” the orc muttered, “I was just teasing ‘em.” She opened a small burlap bag and reached down for the shrunken men, tossing them inside and pulling the drawstring closed. “Should we just leave this here?” She asked, ignoring the tiny cries for help and struggles inside.

“Maybe on a table inside or something,” Gareth replied, “If everything goes well, we can come back and fix them later. Do you have my clothes?”

“Lots of orcs fight naked,” She said, leering even as she tossed his things to him, “just saying Gareth, you’ve got the body for it.”

Countess Bathory sipped a glass filled with a dark red liquid the guests would think was wine, allowing her other arm to be hooked by the Emperor’s as the reigning ruler of mankind’s largest nation escorted her through the thronging crowd of nobles. The guards seemed nervous at being told to stay so far back, and it made her smirk. As though she’d let anything happen to him! In a way, he was probably safer than he’d ever been, she almost wished some petty human assassin WOULD try to approach her toy.

The sycophants eagerly bowed and tried to introduce themselves as they walked. This was the first time she’d appeared with him in public, and doubtless the humans would want to know the identity of this beautiful woman who their emperor was openly courting at such a prestigious event. She basked in it, enjoying the whispers and speculation.

This was entirely unnecessary, her ego running wild, but she relished it. What was the point in power if you didn’t take time to stop and smell the roses? She fought down a laugh as she saw one particularly thorny rose, standing above the rest of the crowd.

“Phoebe, sister-wife of the Lamia Queen!” Countess Bathory said with a false pleasantness as she looked up at the towering snake woman. Phoebe was far from the only non-human at the party, but aside from a delegate from the Amazon isles on the far side of the hall, she was probably the tallest, struggling to keep her tail coiled near herself to avoid tripping other guests.

“Countess Bathory,” Phoebe replied, her voice dripping with hatred.

The Lamia smiled, she had to, and has her own red eyes met the countesses her fists clenched so hard her knuckles turned white. They’d met already, but the countess was forcing her to play along with this. It had been trivial enough to force some of her own blood down the Lamia’s throat, and to her delight and Phoebe’s horror they’d confirmed that a Lamia could, in fact, carry the curse of vampirism.

“You look a little pale dear,” the countess said, jokingly offering her blood red cup upwards, “perhaps something to lift your spirits?”

Phoebe’s slitted eyes dilated slightly, but then she sighed, “We don’t eat things that talk,” she whispered, closing her eyes. “It’s in The Rules.”

“I must admit, I’m impressed,” the countess drawled, “you’re the first freshly turned vampire I’ve ever met who has refused a feeding… your willpower is to be admired, though you know if I order you to do it you’ll obey.”

“No,” Phoebe whispered in horror, “T-The Rules-“

“No is right,” The countess mused, “I think it will be more fun to watch you succumb to that particular failing on your own, and you WILL once you get hungry enough… but for now, remember what I told you? Repeat it back to me.”

“I will kill Gareth Von Berger the next time I meet him,” she said, a mix of rage and sadness in her voice.

“Good girl,” the countess laughed, allowing the emperor to lead her away, “and chin up darling, at least you don’t have to get used to having fangs!”

“Now what is this about?” Gareth muttered.

The three of them were hiding behind something he thought was a storage shed, watching a dozen of the black robed vampire women preparing a massive cauldron, and what looked to be… stadium bleachers? He’d seen them erected for tournaments before, but what could the vampires need with those?

“Okay,” Ghorza said excitedly, “let’s run out there and chop them up!” She hefted her axe and grinned, “I rubbed it down with garlic and some holy water from that humie temple across the street.”

“Do you think that will work?” Sky asked curiously.

Ghorza shrugged, “the axe works!”

“Good enough I suppose,” Gareth muttered, cocking his pistol, “just make sure you get the hearts.”

They were about to break their cover when the massive doors of the palace opened. Gareth gasped as he saw the distinguished face of the man on every coin in the empire, Sarmatian the Great, arm in arm with a buxom redhead in a sparkling crimson dress. Behind them the confused party guests were being herded outside by equally confused guards. The assembled vampires seemed to back away from their construction project, leaving seating and standing room for the approaching dignitaries.

“Outside my friends!” The emperor called, a faraway look in his eyes, “Everyone please, join me outside! I have an important announcement, and none of you are going to want to miss it!”

The three heard marching from overhead and looked up on the castle walls to see them being crowded with hundreds, thousands, of young men. The entranced captives were led, smiling, by vampires shepherding entire columns of them, walking backwards and reminding everyone to keep staring at their eyes.

“I suppose we don’t need to guess which one is in charge,” Gareth muttered, looking at the redhead in the sparkling dress. The mysterious woman’s eyes briefly flashed red, imperceptible except to those who were looking for it.

The crowd was growing confused, anxious, and the murmuring grew louder as everyone looked up at the ranks of men on the walls. Some were curiously glancing back at the emperor’s guards, who had been ordered by the man himself to remain back.

“Can everyone hear me?” The emperor said, seeing the crowd nod and murmur agreements he smiled, “And everyone can see me up here? Even those in the back?” the same reaction came, and the emperor clapped his hands together happily, “Good, everyone, please pay close attention to a special announcement from my paramour, the Countess Carmilla Bathory!”

There was even more murmuring at the name, and she smiled as she handed her wine glass off to a thrall and triumphantly walked up the stage, her scarlet heels clacking on the wood loud enough that everyone in the courtyard could hear. The name would confuse them, she’d expected that, her county seat had passed to another family a good century after she’d began her un-life. Idly she wondered if any of her descendants were in the crowd, but not for long.

“Everyone,” she said, fighting the urge to fall to her knees under the exertion of entrancing such a large crowd, “Look into my eyes,” she began, “Look and see-“

A gunshot rang out, and although it shocked her more than hurt, the countess stumbled back from the lead ball’s impact, falling to the ground. The trance was broken, and the crowd suddenly erupted into panic.

The vampires leapt into action, dozens of them throwing back their cowls and revealing themselves, seemingly coming out of the woodwork like hissing demons to corral the frightened noblemen.

“Damn, I missed,” Gareth said loudly, walking up to the stage with Ghorza on one side and Sky fluttering on the other. He threw the pistol to the ground, he wouldn’t have time to reload it anyway, instead drawing his long saber.

The emperor blinked, “W-What’s going on?” he mumbled, “Who are-“

“Vampires your majesty,” Gareth explained, fighting down a boyish giddiness at talking to THE emperor, “they’re trying to-“

“YOU!” Bathory snarled, instantly levitating to her feet. Her claws were extended, and her ears elongated. There was no hiding her nature now, and she seemed to glide towards them with a screech that revealed her fangs.

“Where’s Phoebe,” he shouted, holding his sword defiantly in front of him even as the monster advanced, “by the gods if you’ve hurt her-“

“Why Gareth,” the vampire snarled, “she’s right here!”

He frowned, “what do you-“

A nine-foot Lamia leapt like a coiled spring out of the crowd, her green hair and tail flailing behind her as her fangs aimed at his throat. He was knocked from his feet, tumbling as the Lamia easily coiled around him, his sword clattered to the stage as he struggled to keep Phoebe’s mouth from closing around his neck.

“Phoebe!” he breathed, struggling as she coiled around him, “S-Stop it!”

“I can’t!” She said, tears in her eyes as she reared back to attempt another strike.

The Countess straightened, taking a look around. The human was locked in battle with the snake, the orc was surrounded by vampires, swinging her axe wildly as she whooped battle cries and tried to keep the bloodsuckers off her. There was a sudden flash of gold, but before the pixy reached her she raised a claw, and a bolt of red lightning slapped the creature out of the sky, causing the pixy to squeal in pain as she fell smoking to the wooden stage.

She sighed in annoyance, “You’ve all ruined what was supposed to be such a wonderful evening.” She looked to her vampiric thralls, struggling to use entrancement to keep the crowd under control. There was no more time for drama, her big speech would have to wait until they were all turned… probably tomorrow night, gods what a disaster…

“Minions!” she shouted, removing a ring from her pocket, “Tell them who they love!”

She slipped the ring on, feeling the slight hum of an enchanted artifact taking effect. The Lover’s Ring, enchanted by a goddess who had fallen in love with a mortal long ago… the tale had a tragic ending as Countess Bathory recalled, but the fate of the original owner hardly mattered.

“You are madly in love with Countess Carmilla Bathory,” her servants repeated, their words echoing as each vampire brainwashed her crowd of prisoners into blissful and one-sided love.

“I accept this love,” The countess said, repeating the ancient vow, “and will fight with the strength of those that love me!”

Thin white lines, like beams of candlelight, spun out of the assembled crowd, the power of their love reaching her and shooting up her spine like lightning. She grinned the warmth of that love let her move the world, shaping herself into what she needed to be.

The stage creaked under her increasing weight, her red hair blowing back as her head rose higher and higher above the assembled crowds. She laughed as she rose above the courtyard trees, the castle walls, the very sky itself seeming to swoop down to meet her as she grew.

Ghorza took one look at the state of the battle and rolled her eyes angrily, she’d really hoped to have the glory of this battle for herself, but though she’d reduced five of the creatures to dust with powerful swipes of her axe, her side was clearly losing this fight. This seemed, to her at least, to be that “point of no return,” which the human had mentioned. With a growl she reached for the red gem around her neck, and crushed it to pieces.

Severa sipped tea from a cup the size of a small washtub, thumbing a page in a spellbook set beneath a large magnification apparatus, allowing her to comfortably read it. She hadn’t planned anything but reading for the evening, simply waiting for a potential summons.

“Anything!?” Lessie shouted, crossing her arms, her snakelike tail tapping the ground nervously.

“No,” Severa said with a small smile, “you’ll know if they use it… perhaps it all went well? And they don’t even need me? maybe they’re celebrating right now?”

“I don’t think so,” Lessie said, glaring at a red pentagram appearing in the air over Severa, “T-That’s it, isn’t it?”

“It seems I’m working tonight after all,” Severa said with a small smile, “I’ll see you when I return Lessie.”

“By the hells you will,” Lessie hissed. She darted forward, coiling around one of the hundred-foot Arachne’s spiderlike legs.

“LESSIE!” Severa shouted in shock, motioning with her hands as she controlled the summoning circle, “this is very complicated, and I’m already very large!”

“Then just a little more won’t hurt!” Lessie protested, coiling tighter as Severa lifted the spider leg to try to shake her off.

“You’re a twenty foot tall snake!” Severa shouted, “You’re not just a LITTLE more Lessie!”

Lessie’s eyes narrowed, even as red lighting crackled around them and their bodies began to dissipate, separating into bright red squares that floated upwards into a swirling abyss.

“WWHHAATTT ARRRE YOUUU IMPLYYYIING!” she managed as she disappeared.

“THAT YOU’RE FAA-“ Severa didn’t finish the retort before what remained of the two of them flew upwards, like so many dust particles caught in a windstorm.

Gareth rolled in the dirt. He’d managed to recover his sword, but as he held the flat across Phoebe’s snapping mouth he wondered what good it would do him. She grabbed at him with her arms then, squeezing him hard, causing him to cry out in pain as her long tail whipped around. It coiled around him with such strength and speed that it shocked him, even with all the enchantments. He gave a shove, managing to throw those fangs away from his face, and he used the moment’s respite to push down as hard as he could, trying to slip out of the massive snake-woman’s coils.

He tumbled to the ground again, scrabbling away in terror as Phoebe tossed his bent sword over her shoulder, those slitted red eyes focusing on him. The speed and ferocity amazed him, and he knew that, if not for Severa’s magic, he’d be a broken pile of bone and gore already. Even with it he worried that was how this would end. Was she always capable of this he wondered? Was she always holding back, being gentle with him despite this overwhelming power?

Bathory stood over her brainwashed love slaves, having reached a truly colossal height that rivaled the keep itself. With a chuckle she extended a single finger over the large cauldron her minions had set up earlier, pricking it with an outstretched claw from her other hand. She squeezed the finger, slowly dribbling her blood in the cauldron, filling it completely.

Standing up to her godlike height she smiled, “Now, if everyone could just form an orderly line, you’ll all get a drink from this cauldron and then-“ she frowned, looking at the red pentagram crackling into existence overhead.

A flurry of red squares seemed to fly out of the swirling portal in the sky, landing on the far side of the courtyard in the last remaining open space in the palace complex. The countess watched curiously, then her eyes went wide as they assembled themselves into another creature, rivaling her in height, an eight legged monstrosity, with a flailing tail! No, that wasn’t a tail, that was…

“Oh, what fresh hell is this,” the countess asked angrily.

“DAMNIT LESSIE!” the gigantic Arachne shouted angrily, looking down at an oozing green stump where one of her more spiderlike legs had been. “I told you! Too much weight!” With a snarl the Arachne began muttering an incantation, and there was a crackle of green light as a new leg seemed to grow in it’s place.

“I’m going to ignore that,” the full-grown Lamia said, coiling her red tail under herself as she regarded their surroundings. She smirked at the Arachne’s furious expression, then frowned as she noticed that none of the humans around them seemed to notice that a twenty-foot-high snake-woman and a titanic Arachne had dropped right into their midst.

“Hmm…” Severa said, looking over the scene, her eyes landing on the giant vampire across from her, “I’m guessing you dabble in some sorcery?”

“I ponder the unknowable,” The countess sneered, “a mere mortal like you could never-“

“That’s the Lover’s Ring, it looks like you had your minions trick all of these people into thinking they loved you, and now you’re using that extra strength and size to produce enough of your blood to curse all of them,” Severa said, rubbing her chin, “Seems like a lot of unnecessary steps, but I suppose I can dissect it later, maybe there’s a reason you didn’t just use a duplication spell?”

“It doesn’t duplicate magical effects you scuttling cockroach!” the countess sneered, lightning crackling at her fingertips.

“Lessie,” Severa said in a calm voice, “find the others, break the entrancements.”

“What?” Lessie snapped, “no more playing around, Severa, turn her to dust!”

One of the massive spider’s legs made a chitinous sound as it roughly kicked the giant Lamia, tossing her away with an indignant scream as the first magical lightning bolts arced out at them. A shield of light and stars appeared inches from Sevara’s face, protecting her even as smoke billowed from the barrier and beads of sweat dotted into existence around the Arachne’s eyes, eyes that went wide as her shield cracked. With a shout Severa leapt backwards, hundreds of feet in the air. The lightning exploded as it hit the wall behind her, causing dozens of the entranced humans to fly limply.

“LESSIE!” Severa shouted, throwing her webbing through the air and catching the dumbly smiling men, “break the entrancement!” She landed delicately outside the city walls, towering over the houses and causing screams of panic as the people of the city realized the enormous creature in their midst.

“B-But Severa!” Lessie tried to shout.

With a sigh Severa muttered another enchantment, a dagger of green light seemed to appear from nowhere, slashing lightly across the giant vampire’s cheek. Lessie watched in horror as all of the entranced men had the same scratch appear on their own.

“It’s the Lover’s Ring Lessie!” She shouted, “If she goes, THEY go! They have to not be in love with her!”

“A GIANT ARACHNE IS ATTACKING THE CITY!” Someone screamed. A few people even impotently fired gunshots at her, causing her to grunt in annoyance as they bounced off her skin.

“I hate cities,” she muttered, spinning webbing around the taller buildings as the countess became a bat big enough to blot out the moon, a bat that flew towards her shrieking like a demon.

Gareth limped in a circle around Phoebe, a musket he’d stolen from a guard gripped in his shaking hands. He bled from a wound on his shoulder, and with a snarl he brought the rifle’s bayonet up, dipping it in the toxic mixture before snapping it back to attention in a crisp move that would have made his drill sergeant proud.

“Gareth,” Phoebe said, tears spilling from her red eyes, “you’ve got to… you’ve got to do it.”

She hissed as she leapt at him, and the world seemed to slow again as it had on the beach so long ago. He saw everything, had time to comprehend the rich smell of woodsmoke rising from the city as the countess and Severa battled, the slight crunch of the garden pebbles beneath his feet.

Lessie charged at him like a monster out of myth, every horrible image of the deadly snake women he’d ever been told or believed, looming over his frail human form as she came down on him. Her arms were wide open, a foolish move. Recklessness? Or did she have just enough control to give him the chance? He brought the bayonet up, aimed it directly at her heart, hearing his own beat like a slow drum as that tidal wave raced towards him.

They made eye contact and, for a brief moment, he could swear she smiled, realizing what he was doing.

With a scream of rage and sorrow he angled the bayonet up, and it went harmlessly over Phoebe’s shoulder, not even scraping her skin as she wrapped around him like a vice.

This was it; he had no more tricks and every muscle in his body ached from the fight. Air left his lungs as she squeezed around him, and his face went purple.

Suddenly the coils felt… looser? He’d never been so happy to realize he was shrinking, and he cried out in triumph as the massive coils slipped over him, the crushing force simply rumpling his discarded clothes as he climbed his diminishing body higher. He leapt for a ground that was only five feet away, but looked more like fifty.

“GOTCHA!” Sky shouted, her hands hooking under his armpits as she buzzed across the courtyard like a diving falcon.

Gareth spared a look over his shoulder and gulped in fear as he saw the giant form of Phoebe barreling after them, fangs outstretched.

“Go faster!” he screamed.

Sky grunted a swear, and with a flourish they passed through a cloud of gold dust. She pulled him to her chest as he got lighter, becoming a giantess in her own right as she held him gripped tightly in a hand that was as large and powerful as Phoebe herself.

Lessie slithered to the stage, barreling over the zombiefied humans and almost casually knocking away a vampire who jumped in her way. It creaked as she hefted herself up on it, but otherwise held. She looked nervously around, many of the vampires had their thralls under control, continuing to repeat to them how much they loved the Countess Bathory.

“I wonder,” A vampire hissed as six of the creatures approached her, “does cold blood taste as good?” they laughed as Lessie regarded them nervously. She was big, but despite the body of a monster she had never cared for fighting, deciding long ago that it was one of the things she just wouldn’t be doing as Matriarch and now queen.

There was a green blur as an orc covered in cuts and bruises leapt in front of her, “RIGHT, WHO’S NEXT?!” She bellowed, clanging an axe against a splintered shield.

“Orc,” Lessie said, “I hate to ask, but can you keep them away from me for a few minutes? I have an idea.”

“Just a few minutes?” The orc laughed defiantly, “Take all the time you need,” she eyed up the approaching vampires, “This is the most fun I’ve had since coming to this city!”

Lessie tried to ignore the brawl that ensued a few feet away from her as she hefted herself up to her full height, towering over the crowd.

She blinked a few times and took a deep breath, “LOOK INTO MY EYES,” she said in a loud voice that was just short of a shout. She forced herself to stay upright as the link was made with dozens, hundreds, thousands, of minds at once.

“You love the Countess Carmilla Bathory,” the vampires repeated, attempting to force their enthralled humans back on task.

Lessie grimaced, it was like playing tug of war against a dozen others, her forked tongue flickered across her lips as she fought back.

“No,” she said, keeping her voice up, “gaze into my eyes,” she repeated in a seductive voice,” gaze into my eyes and know the truth…” Black spots appeared at the corner of her vision as she began weaving the mental net, hoping to snare the human minds away.

Arthur was a simple palace guard, and although he knew it was wrong, he was no match for the entrancement of the vampires. He fought it, as he was sure the others in the crowd did, but it was no use.

“I love the countess Bathory,” he said, and it was true, he did. He loved her luscious hair, that lithe form, those enchanting red eyes…

“Darling,” a sultry female voice called from the stage. He gazed up and felt himself sucked into a pair of slitted green eyes as the serpentine figure slowly moved her hips back and forth. “Why do you repeat that trollop’s name when you know you love me?”

“You love Countess Bathory will all your heart,” another voice started, and for a moment he thought he might, but then the towering Lamia chuckled softly.

“Don’t waste another breath on her lover,” the Lamia said warmly, “I want to hear my name on your lips, say it, say you love Queen Lessie,”

“I love Queen Lessie!” Arthur repeated happily, and a thousand other voices echoed it with him.

“NO!” one of the vampires shouted angrily, “You love-“

“Let’s go away lover,” Lessie said, her voice dripping with lust, and Arthur gasped as it seemed the world faded away.

Arthur was on a cushion, and… was he naked? The sounds of an exotic faraway jungle echoed outside of the tent he was in. Braziers burned, causing a sweet smelling incense filled his nostrils, making him lightheaded. He leaned back on the cushion and sighed happily.

“You look comfortable” Lessie’s sultry voice called. He looked up to see a wall of glittering ruby scales surrounding him as the voluptuous Lamia hefted herself over his form. “Don’t speak,” she whispered, a finger going over his entire face and gently forcing him back down to the pillow, “not until the end.”

She leaned down to him, her forked tongue flickering out over his entire body, tasting him and lingering on his erection, causing him to gasp with pleasure and her to giggle. Those giant hands folded underneath him, lifting him off the cushion and towards her, even as she rose higher, the long red tail coiling beneath her.

“You find me beautiful, don’t you?” Lessie said smugly, “you’re putty in my hands… feel yourself getting smaller, your will eroding away... and you love it, don’t you?” She giggled slightly, “you know it’s worth it, letting me fill every one of your senses, your very mind, all to get to be with me.”

He gasped as her hands, which coiled around his back, now stretched, seeming to consume him. As she’d said he WAS getting smaller, and soon her hands were cupped around his form like a bowl as he shrank into their warm embrace.

“Good,” Lessie whispered, those slitted eyes going wide, “don’t fight it, just let it happen. Let your size and strength slip away like sand in the wind.

The Lamia’s red hair fell around her face like waterfall sized curtains as her massive face loomed over his diminishing form, blocking even the low light of the burning braziers and leaving him face to face with nothing but those glowing green eyes. He watched in awe as they seemed to grow ever larger as all that he was poured into the Lamia’s loving embrace, her fingers around him like mountains now as the sun and the moon were replaced with those gorgeous green eyes.

“You want me,” she whispered, her voice like the wind, “you need me, you LOVE me!”

“Yes!” he shouted, “I love you Queen Lessie!”

“And in return let your goddess shower her lover with blessings,” Lessie replied in a husky and amused tone.

Arthur cried out as tendrils of pleasure raced along his body, meeting at his erect manhood and instantly driving him to a powerful orgasm that caused his back to arch against the massive Lamia’s hands. She giggled sweetly as he rolled in her palms, the pure bliss simply too much for him to comprehend as his climax came and went.

“All done?” she said sweetly.

“Yes Queen Lessie,” he whispered, his muscles too weak to stand.

“Good,” she said, drawing her head back and letting the torchlight fill his vision again. He watched, limp as he was drawn towards those massive breasts, the scent of jasmine and sweat billowing off of them as the giant snake-woman’s palm tilted, causing him to tumble down into a waiting pair of breasts large enough to swallow up him and his entire world.

As he made contact with the soft and inviting flesh he bounced slightly, rolling towards the dark crack between her breasts. With a final sultry laugh the Lamia’s finger guided him in, pressing down on his back as he was forced deep into that warm and waiting abyss.

“Sleep,” She whispered, “and dream of me.”

Arthur, and thousands of other men, along with the few women present, swayed, and then fell to the ground, a happy smile on their faces as they fell into a deep and pleasant sleep.

Ghorza and the vampires paused their battle, those who had been charged with keeping the humans entranced looked at the unconscious bodies around them in panic, then angrily up at the Lamia on the stage.

“What did you do to them?” Ghorza asked in awe.

“I had to make them fall in love with someone else,” Lessie said, rubbing her aching and sweat covered forehead, “Lamia are experts at seduction, these bloodsuckers never stood a chance once I was able to get in.” She smirked, “they’re all going to need a change of underwear when they wake up, and-“ she winced in pain, “too many,” she moaned as the headache rocked her, “I-I think I need a glass of cool water… and to lay down.”

“Uhh,” Ghorza began uncertainly as the dozens of vampires, previously entrancing the humans, converged on them, “you might have to wait a little bit.”

Sky flew along the wall, her buzzing wings aching as she pushed herself to go faster than she ever had before. Gareth was the size of a doll as she hugged him eagerly to her chest, keeping him from tumbling away as she zipped inside an open window.

There was a crack of broken glass and splintered wood as the Lamia dove through the window with a hiss. Like a hurricane Phoebe bellowed down the hallway after them, crushing furniture and tossing aside a servant foolish enough to stumble into her path.

“NO!” Sky cried out in horror as she came around the corner and saw a dead end.

Hugging Gareth tight she spun around in the air, hoping for a window, a crack in the wall, anything, but all she saw was the gaping black maw of the Lamia flying towards her. Before she could react that serpentine tongue had darted out, wrapping around her and Gareth tightly and drawing them in so fast that the only thing they had time to register was the snap of Phoebe’s jaws closing behind them.

Severa deflected spell after spell as the enormous Vampire battled her across the Imperial City. The Countess was certainly an adept sorceress, and a powerful physical combatant, as the stinging claw wounds across Severa’s back could attest. Still, Severa would have eagerly taken her on, if not for the enchantment tying her to the captive men. As it was all she could do was defend herself, and increasingly the poor humans caught in the crossfire.

“Why are you even here?” The countess laughed, hurling black fireballs that Severa deftly sent flying harmlessly into the starry night sky. “Look around you, listen to the screams! You’re on the wrong side Arachne!”

Severa gritted her teeth, her needlelike fangs visible to the panicking crowd that was surging down the street away from them. The vampire cackled madly, pushing a bell tower over, hoping to crush Severa beneath the massive stone structure. With a grunt she spun her webbing even as she stepped aside, pulling the thread tight to keep it from falling and crushing the screaming throng of humans below.

“All they see is two monsters fighting,” The countess mocked, walking towards her, her booming foosteps echoing as she stepped through the rooftops of the human dwellings. “Even if you win, you’ll still just be another monster-“

“Spare me,” Severa snapped, letting her anger get to her, “you chose to be what you are, and so did I!”

She groaned, pulling the stone tower over in full, away from the trapped people. She panted and tried to raise a shield, but it was too late. The vampire was on her, leaping through the air and bringing Severa to the ground with a furious kick. Red lightning flew from her fingertips as she crippled the spider-woman.

“Was it worth it?” she sneered.

Severa blinked away the pain, futilely attempting to move her legs. She swore when she realized she couldn’t, and if she took the time to heal herself the vampire would…

She blinked all of her eyes, smiling as she realized that those long thin strings from the Ring of Lovers had disappeared.

“About time Lessie,” she muttered. She took a deep breath and began an incantation, circling her fingers slowly as she ignored the pain. Overhead a golden circle of sparks appeared, circling the city walls as Severa the Arachne poured all her remaining energy and will into this final spell.

The countess laughed as she recognized the chant, “Scrying?” She mocked, “oh, want to see the faces of your friends one last time? Whatever dismal hovel you call home perhaps?”

“No,” Severa whispered, grinning as the scrying circle above them lit up, showing her the thing she desired most to see, “A sunrise.”

The vampire’s eyes lit up in horror, her head shot up, giving her just enough time to hear the hiss of the scrying portal shimmer into focus, bathing the entire city in the beautiful light of a beachfront sunrise hundreds of miles away.

Severa looked up at it, smiling as the waves crashed against the sand and the Countess Carmilla Bathory disintegrated into ash with a bloodcurdling scream in the rays of a bright morning on some faraway shore, rays that bathed the entire city in a warm glow for a full five seconds before the portal snapped closed again, leaving the Countess and all of her vampiric followers as nothing more than smoking piles of ash.

Phoebe’s eyes flashed, the red color disappearing. She blinked, realizing that she no longer hungered for blood, nor for Gareth’s death. Relief washed over her, and she collapsed to the floor, the exhaustion of the chase overtaking her as the last of the unholy vampiric strength flowed out of her body.

The sounds of screams from within her mouth caused her eyes to go wide. Quickly opening her mouth, she stuck her tongue out, and blushed in embarrassment as she realized Sky and Gareth were still wrapped up in it.

“Thorry,” she said, her mouth curving around her tongue, “I’m bath to normal guyth, thee?” she hissed.

Ghorza blinked as the sun flashed, turning all of her vampiric opponents to ash before her eyes. Adrenaline still pumping, she looked around as the courtyard went still.

Finally, she grinned widely, “I win!” she shouted, “songs must be sung of this day, you all saw how I-“

She looked around, realizing that all the humans and other dignitaries were still collapsed on the ground, asleep. The vampires themselves were just smoking piles of dust, and she kicked one idly with her feet, scowling when she realized they’d be leaving no trophies behind. She’d so wanted a fang necklace too… She turned around, hoping the Lamia Queen had seen her fight, but Lessie was passed out as well, the stress of enchanting thousands of minds finally catching up to her.

“Damnit,” Ghorza muttered, “no trophies, no witnesses, it’s like I never even fought an army of vampires!” she roared angrily.

EPILOGUE

For the Imperial authorities, it took a full day of interrogations to determine what exactly had happened. The emperor himself seemed to confirm the statements from Gareth Von Berger and his party, and soon the capital was filled with gossip and speculation over the whole matter. The Emperor hoped to silence this with an official statement, confirming the basic facts of the affair, but it didn’t seem to be enough.

Severa and Lessie had nowhere they could easily stay within the city, so the City Guard had escorted them to a large farming estate near the edge of the metropolis. For Gareth’s part, he was finally allowed a room in the palace with his friends, though he, Ghorza, Sky, and Phoebe spent the first night in a dungeon while the authorities tried to piece things together.

It had been the Emperor himself who had come to get them out, causing Gareth to almost faint in shock. A pair of Imperial aids had given him a crisp new military uniform, complete with a fresh rank and set of medals he wasn’t sure he recognized. Finally, the Emperor had dismissed them, sending them to find lodgings for the rest of the party as the two men walked the corridors of the palace alone.

“Well Gareth,” Emperor Sarmatian said with a smirk, “it seems you’ve AGAIN saved an entire realm, mine this time.”

“I-It was duty, and an honor your majesty-“

“Stop with the your majesty stuff,” the Emperor said with a chuckle, “you’re technically a foreign monarch now, or prince consort anyway… we’re practically peers.”

“Ah,” he said, shifting slightly, “I suppose, if you say so your- if you say so.”

“Now then,” he said, “let’s talk rewards, what can the most powerful man in the world do for you and your friends?”

It was another week before they finally left the Imperial City. At Gareth’s insistence, the Emperor had led a procession of nobles out to speak to Lessie, treating her as a true foreign queen and dignitary. A number of beneficial agreements and recognitions were made regarding her faraway swamp Queendom, and the Lamia Queen couldn’t be happier.

Severa had asked for a number of books on magical theory and history, filling an entire wagon with her listed requests which the Emperor had ordered delivered to the farm where she and Lessie stayed.

Sky had simply wanted an unlimited tab for the week they were in the Imperial City, and soon a small army of drunkards and screaming fans were following the Pixy as she shimmered through the streets, announcing which tavern she’d be at that night.

Ghorza had wanted a statue of herself, cast in bronze, depicting her slaying several vampiric assailants. She’d been ecstatic at the initial drawings, and then infuriated when she realized there was no way to take it with her. Hoping to make her happy, the emperor had told her it would stand as tribute in the Imperial Garden forever, which seemed to console her, along with a freshly made axe from the imperial forge.

Gareth and Phoebe hadn’t wanted anything but some peace and quiet, and as he was coiled once more in the giant Lamia’s grasp, the two of them watched the puffy white clouds pass over the city from the tower where their room was.

“Ready to go home husband?” Phoebe purred in his ear, her strong arms hugging him to her towering form.

“Three weeks by road,” he muttered, “well, we had to leave sometime, I suppose.”

With Severa and Lessie with them a return by sea was impossible, so the whole party would be making the trip back to the swamps on foot, or scale he supposed. For his part the Emperor had promised a retinue of knights would ride ahead of them, making whatever accommodations were possible and avoiding panic when the larger members of the group were spotted.

He forced his way out of Phoebe’s grasp and stretched, “The others are probably already down at the edge of the city waiting for us.”

“Let me just make sure I didn’t forget anything,” Phoebe said, reaching for their travel packs.

“Forget anything,” Gareth muttered. His eyes went wide suddenly, “Oh, uh, I need to make one last stop on the way out of town.”

“And it’s hey-ho to the bottle I go, to drown my sorrow and fight my woe!” the tiny vampire sang, dancing and twirling in a tiny pink doll’s dress across the counter of Cassie’s bar. She leapt, spinning in air, causing the dress and the girly pink ribbons in her hair to flourish around her as she landed in a split, continuing the song for the cheering crowd of bar patrons.

“Wow Mircalla!” Cassie said, “aren’t you glad we agreed you should dance for everyone? They seem so happy!”

Mircalla fought to keep a smile on her face as the men tossed coins across the bar to the giant Holstaur, who obliviously picked them up and dropped them in a small purse. How could the cow-woman think this was fun for her? She wanted to scream! She was a VAMPIRE by the gods!

She flinched slightly as the inn’s door opened, letting the late afternoon sun in, though it was far enough that it didn’t sting her. Her eyes went wide, and she smiled eagerly as she saw Gareth Von Berger walk in, looking around for the bar’s owner.

“Cassie?” he called.

“GARETH!” Mircalla shouted, leaping to her feet and running to the edge of the bar, “I felt it when you defeated the countess, you’re back for me aren’t you?” She fell to her knees, “PLEASE say you’re back for me!”

“Oh, here to pick her up?” Cassie asked, “that’s too bad, we were having so much fun.”

“I think so Cassie,” he said with a smirk, “sorry, but I think it would be best if I took her with me.”

“Oh thank the gods,” Mircalla said, shooting a quick glance back at the Holstaur.

Cassie’s ears drooped, and she waved goodbye sadly, “Goodby Mircy, I’ll miss you!”

“Yeah whatever,” the vampire said, looking up at Gareth as he unscrewed the lid on a jar. “You’d better remember human, I’m the teeth of the night, and if you don’t grow me back you’ll spend every night terrified that-“

“Get in the jar,” Gareth said, holding it up to her, “or maybe I’ll just leave you here?”

Mircalla gulped, leaping into the jar without another word. Gareth tightened the lid and began wrapping the glass in a series of dark cloths, blocking the light from reaching it. He shoved it deep into his backpack, sealing the top tight. With one final wave at Cassie Gareth rejoined Phoebe on the street.

“What are you going to do with her?” Phoebe asked curiously, tilting her head curiously as the squeaky voice of the angry vampire echoed from the bottom of Gareth’s backpack.

He shrugged, “Honestly? I have no idea.”

Phoebe and Gareth journeyed through the city together, joined at the first gate by a hungover and crookedly flying Sky, who almost immediately plopped into Gareth’s pocket and fell asleep. Evidently, she’d made the most of her final night of drinking on the Emperor’s coin.

Lessie and Severa greeted them with smiles as they reached the edge of the city, and Gareth was surprised to see Ghorza, hefting an axe over her shoulder and waiting for them.

“You’re coming too?” He asked.

She shrugged, “I don’t have any other plans, and you seem like a fun group.”

“We’d best be off then,” Gareth said, laughing. “Anyone have anything else they need to do first?”

“No,” Lessie muttered, sparing one last look at the city as they set out, “I… well maybe it’s nothing, but I had hoped to make sure that all of those humans were okay… I’ve never delved that deep with entrancement before, and minds are so delicate, I just hope there weren’t any side effects.”

“They’ll probably be fine,” Gareth said, “I mean, if they WERE having issues… We’d probably have heard about them by now, right?”

Smorkle’s Print Shop was in a dingy run-down part of the strip of businesses on the dockside, nestled between a tavern where men got stabbed most nights, and a whorehouse that even the scurviest sailor knew to avoid. Anyone in the city would have rather been seen going into either of them over Smorkle’s.

The pudgy man proprietor was often rumored to have goblin blood, but the truth was that he was simply startlingly unhealthy due to his poor diet and lack of sunlight. He stroked his greasy beard as he saw one of his regulars come in, Hanna the sea-elf captain always wore a heavy cloak with a hood pulled over her eyes. Smorkle knew that this shop was half the reason she even docked here, and he did his best to sate her appetites.

“Hanna,” he greeted.

“Keep your voice down!” she hissed, laying coins on the shop counter. “D-Do you have any new books? Something where a stupid sexy human gets kidnapped by Lamia, no an entire NEST of Lamia!”

“Of course,” he said with a smarmy grin, “let me see-“

The door barged open and a trio of well-dressed nobles walked in, “This must be the place,” one said, “you there, shopkeep! Do you sell… pornographic works?”

Smorkle licked his lips nervously, “Why sir, these are artistic renderings of-“

“Lamia,” the noble said breathlessly, “with glittering red scales, I’ll pay a high price for any works you have with one.”

Smorkle blinked, “Why uh, of course-“

Another group of men barged their way in, shoving the first man out of the way, “Is this the place with the Lamia artwork!?” A man in even finer clothes and decked in gold jewelry shouted.

“Yeah,” Hanna and Smorkle said in shock together.

 Murmurs of excitement filled the shop, the wealthy man plopped a bag full of coins on the desk, “I’m here to commission some! Clear your shop’s schedule, you are working for me personally!”

“Now wait a minute,” another man shouted, “that’s not fair!”

Hanna inched nervously towards the exit as the verbal argument became physical, and for the first time in a long career of peddling sleaze Smorkle shouted for someone to call the city guards. The sea elf fled through the door, cursing the insanity of the humans every step of the way.

End Notes:

And that's the conclusion of this story arc! Hope everyone enjoyed all the fun with the vampires. Let me know what you think!

If you really liked this one and you haven't read it yet my other story, Conquest of Earth, is a similar harem type story with plot and action elements along with the giantess stuff. Until next time!

This story archived at http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=11462