- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The end.

They were one day shy of their one month anniversary. She was having her period, or she would have done much more with Paul, but she’d at least sent him home happy, and she’d told him encouragingly that the next night she’d be ready for no-holds-barred action again. Paul, for his part, would have been fine going that night, but Kari was sensitive about it, and he wasn’t going to belabor it, not when he was at least getting himself jerked off by a beautiful girl with a deft touch. Besides, he had just the faintest tickle in his cock afterward, one that felt pleasant. He wasn’t sure exactly what Kari had done, but it was nice.

Paul drifted off to sleep pleasantly relaxed, and awoke the next day and headed off to the gym no less cheerful.

*  *  *

The man giving Paul his pleasant sensation was not so pleased.

Seth was dumbfounded as to how he had come to be here. Well…he supposed he knew, mechanically, how he’d ended up here. How he’d ended up on her finger last night as she was preparing to give Paul a hand job, how he’d been pressed over Paul’s piss slit as he came, rubbed against it until he’d spat out his ardor, and then pushed just inside. How Paul had grown flaccid after that, and how the suction had pulled him deeper in, and held him fast.

He’d been peed over twice, both times coughing and sputtering and praying just to be washed out into the abyss. But both times he stayed put. He didn’t think physics allowed for this, but he knew he wasn’t here due to physics, but the goddess’ curse. Aphrodite had punished him but good.

The day passed more interminably than most; at least the day he’d fallen onto Kari’s tampon, only to be stuffed deep within her, to be covered by her detritus…it had been her detritus, after all. This was worse than any of the pain inflicted upon him by Kari in the long and interminable time since he’d entered this hell.

He tried to think what his giant host was doing — at least, he did so after what he figured was a morning run, when the world was moving too much to think. Most of the day seemed boring, a great deal of resting with the occasional getting up to go do something, at least twice to piss. Seth survived both, unfortunately. Twice the world around him hardened and deformed as Paul sprouted wood; Seth told himself Paul was probably going to throw himself at a hot girl in his office, but in actuality, both times were due to subtle emails that Kari had sent, letting him know that this would be an evening they could take full advantage of.

In truth, even as Seth hoped that he would be at ground zero of Paul cheating on Kari, he knew he wouldn’t be. He’d become the proverbial fly on the wall (because flea in the bush wasn’t a proverb), and he’d seen enough to know something he hadn’t known before.

Kari loved Paul. More than Kari had ever loved him.

And Paul — he was as in love with Kari as she was with him. But both were calm and easy in love. Seth had thought, in the second week they were together, that Paul was taking Kari for granted. That he wasn’t trying to learn everything about her, that he wasn’t always worried about her first. The three-night run that Paul had been away working on a project — Seth had thought Kari would leave him, and quick.

But it hadn’t happened, and Seth knew why; Paul didn’t need Kari to complete him, and Kari didn’t want to complete him. They complemented each other, and did so well. But they weren’t the missing pieces in each other’s lives, because nothing was missing. Both were complete as-is.

Seth had been willing to give up everything to be with Kari, because he needed her to complete him. But she didn’t need him to complete her, not at all. And how could he make her be the missing piece to his soul?

Wasn’t he responsible for his own soul?

The world around him stiffened again. He wondered if Paul was checking out a hot barista or something. But a few soft collisions and then a huge, crushing squeeze let him know that more interesting things were going on.

*  *  *

Kari groaned in pleasure as Paul buried himself inside her. She felt his member moving within her, unwrapped, finally — she and he had decided to trust in her birth control, and she preferred the feeling without a condom in the way.

So did he, tell the truth.

He was shuddering in pleasure, sliding himself back and forth. It wouldn’t be enough to get her off — like most women, she wasn’t built that way — but it was just the opening act in a long night. Paul had been a fast learner with her rabbit pearl, and he was not the kind of guy who got intimidated when a woman brought in a little extra assistance.

He went a long time, longer than usual, before he finally came. She pulled him close as he blew his load deep within her. They lay together like that, him on top of her, her kissing his cheek, him kissing hers.

“It took you a while. Am I losing my luster?”

“Hardly,” he grinned, kissing her again. “It’s the weirdest thing…ever since yesterday, it’s like I’ve had a little cork inside my cock. Nothing bad, mind you, just a feeling. It was a little bit of pushing before it went tonight. But it felt good. And now it’s gone. Weird, huh?”

“No weirder than you usually are — hwoop! There you go.”

“So, you want me to go to work with the appliances?”

“Mmm…just let me enjoy the glow. Orgasms aren’t everything, you know.”

“They aren’t? You mean you get something other than that from sex? Damn, women have all the luck.”

*  *  *

Seth came to as the ground around him began to shake uncontrollably.

He’d lost consciousness as he’d been blown with a stream of sperm deep into Kari, and he had awoken just in time to see a pink behemoth pushing its way back in. This one was not human, however; Kari was evidently using her vibrator to finish herself off.

He’d hated that thing; it always made him feel like less of a man when she turned to it. She said that he wasn’t unique in not being able to get her off through sex, but he’d always thought she was patronizing him. He’d seen different in the past few weeks.

Kari’s juices began flowing as the vibrator did its job. Soon enough, the soft, moist ground was inundated by a flood, which swept sperm and Seth out behind the withdrawing vibrator. He ended up in a puddle on the bed, between Kari’s milky thighs.

After a while, the bed’s occupants got up; Seth wasn’t sure why, until a bra and panties were tossed onto the bed. Aha, they were having a quickie before going out, Seth realized.

And he realized something else; he was going to go out with them.

He’d been between his ex-girlfriend’s thighs just then, been rinsed out and into the shadow of her swollen vagina. And yes, Paul’s presence had detracted from it, but Seth knew that there was a greater reason why he didn’t enjoy the experience.

He realized, finally, that he was over her. The pain that had been his companion at the start of the month was gone. She wasn’t his anymore, if she ever was.

It was time to let her go.

And so he resolved that he’d go out with Kari and Paul, wherever they were headed. And along the way, he’d leave her, for good. He didn’t know what this would do to his promise to Aprhodite — and he didn’t care. He thought he was beyond a month of torment anyhow, that he’d been consigned to hell already. And he was okay with that — he’d been the fool who’d imagined himself happy with Kari’s neglect.

He chose his position intentionally, the top of the bra strap; he worked his way over her shoulder to the collar of her turquoise dress, pulled himself up atop it and grabbed her hair, and pulled himself up carefully into her ear. He knew she wouldn’t hear him — he’d tried this before, to no avail. But he wanted to say this as much for himself as for her.

By the time Kari and Paul were in the car, he had made it. He stood just inside the entrance to her ear canal, and he said it quietly.

“Kari…I’m sorry,” he said. “I thought that you were being cruel, that you didn’t see how I felt about you. But I think you did. I was too crazy about you; I didn’t love you, I loved how you made me feel. I thought I could make you happy by being what you wanted me to be, but I didn’t ever realize you wanted me to be me — and stop needing you.

“This guy Paul — I’ve seen him inside and out, and…I think he’s a good guy. More important, you think he’s a good guy. So I’m not gonna argue, Kari. I want you to be happy. So…I’m going to go now. I’m going to let you live your own life the way you want to live it. And I wish you the best.”

He thought about bending down to kiss the ground, and thought better of it. Instead, he backed up to the edge of the ear canal, and considered.

He had found to his chagrin that he didn’t die easily. But he didn’t want to live life as a flea in a giant world anymore. He didn’t know how many days had passed and didn’t care; a world with magic like this was a world with an afterlife. And so as Kari got out of the car, and he saw the parking lot miles below, he made a fateful decision.

He jumped.

He arced lazily toward the ground as she strode away, her hand around Paul’s waist. He smiled as he drifted down below the hem of her skirt, watching as she strode miles away with a few steps, as the ground rushed up toward him. He closed his eyes, and braced for impact.

“Hey buddy! You okay? That was a nasty fall.”

Seth opened his eyes; he wasn’t dead. That was something. He looked around, and saw a world that was not immense, one that was indeed quite ordinary, a bar that he’d been drinking at, a month and a lifetime ago.

“Yeah, just…fell off my stool,” he said, rolling over, as he saw a pair of beautiful, olive-skinned legs standing and straightening said stool.

Aphrodite looked down upon him beatifically, and lend him a hand. “Seth, here, let me help you up.”

“What was that you put in his drink, miss? Buddy, you know she spiked that water?”

Seth laughed. “It was just a little…uh…flavoring. Don’t worry, she wasn’t trying to drug me,” he said, arching an eyebrow at the goddess.

“Oky doke. Well, you don’t seem drugged, and you don’t even seem particularly drunk, but watch yourself — you need a cab, or to go to the doctor, you let me know.”

“We will,” said Aphrodite, plunking a twenty down on the bar.

The barkeep smiled at that, palmed the tip and wandered away.

“So,” said the goddess, “was it all you expected?”

“It was…interesting,” said Seth. “I don’t want the rest of that.”

“I didn’t think you would,” Aphrodite said, returning her flask to her purse. “Most don’t. A few do…but they are too far gone from the world, and it is a blessing to them to give them an alternative to death.”

“So,” said Seth, rubbing his head, “you said I’d owe you if I didn’t take the rest, right?”

“Indeed,” said Aphrodite. “You have to go say hello to the next couple that walks through that door,” she said, pointing to the entryway that was even at that moment opening to reveal a pretty woman in a turquoise dress, with curly auburn hair, laughing with a blandly handsome man who was holding the door for her.

“You’re kidding.”

“It was easy to say it to her when you knew she couldn’t answer, wasn’t it?”

He smiled, ruefully, at the goddess. “All right,” he said. He started to put his money on the bar, but she shook her head, and dropped two more twenties.

“My treat,” she said.

He saw Kari and Paul take a table at the edge of the bar. “So…tell me this,” he said, as he got up. “Is there someone else for me out there?”

“Do you want there to be?”

Seth smiled. “Yeah,” he said. “Someday.”

“Well then, there’s your answer, no?”

The goddess smiled and stood, and walked silently out of the bar, drawing a fair number of stares, but not, Seth noted, from Paul.

Seth stretched, and headed for the exit by way of the table. He was vectoring in such a way that she would see him. He would break the ice if she didn’t….

“Seth?” she said, half-shocked.

“Huh? Oh, hey Kari! How are you?”

“Good, good! This is Paul, my, uh…”

Seth smiled, “Your ‘uh?’ Is that what they’re calling dates these days? Seth, nice to meet you,” he said, reaching out his hand.

Paul smiled a wary smile, and grabbed it back. “Likewise. So, uh, is this your ex-fiancė, dear?”

“Yep,” Seth said, “but don’t let that worry you. She had some good reasons to dump me. I’m not going to interrupt your date. But I’m glad to see you’re doing well, getting back out there.”

“Seth, I…”

“I’m dead serious, Kari,” Seth said, and she realized to her surprise that he was. “It’s good.”

“Thanks,” she said. “So, uh….”

“See you around, right?” Seth grinned. “Have a fun night you two. Good to meet you, Paul. ‘Night, Kari.”

“Good night,” Kari said, as she watched her ex head out of the bar.

“He seems like a decent guy,” said Paul.

“He is,” said Kari, and for a minute she felt just a bit hopeful, for both of them. She knew she’d done the right thing for herself, but maybe, just maybe, it had been right for Seth, too.

“So,” she said, apropos of nothing, “I had this really weird dream last night, and it involved you.”

“Really,” said Paul.

“Yeah. You were two inches tall.”

“Wait — two inches?”

“Like I said, weird. And you were…um…’spelunking.’”

“Well,” said Paul, chuckling. “What else would a two inch tall guy do if they were with you?”

Kari smiled, and continued on with her story, knowing it would probably result in them skipping the movie and heading back to her place, or maybe Paul’s place. Indeed, she was counting on it.