- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello TinyOneJ here. When we last left our hero he had just narrowly escaped a gruesome death by falling a mere 3 feet (on an average person’s scale of course) into a purse. So far He has gone through trial after painful trial due to the cruel, albeit unaware, actions of this giant of a woman Misty; and that’s not likely to stop any time soon. In this chapter our hero stumbles upon a heart wrenching realization. So without further ado here is Chapter 8 “Out on the Town Part 2: The Exploration of a Prison”.

 

 

***

I was still a bit motion sick from the trip to the car; the swinging motion of the purse on this goddess’ shoulder was none too gentle and felt more like a carnival ride than anything else, tilt-a-hurl indeed. At least with her driving I was somewhat free to move around; of course freedom isn’t all it’s cracked up to be when you’re less than an inch tall.

 

I tried to busy myself, get my mind off my predicament so to speak, I had decided to play the part of an explorer in a brave new world; collecting what was left of my sanity I set off into the landscape of gargantuan tampons and glitter pens, determined to find something to assist me in my plight.

 

Along the way I noticed many unnerving objects, completely normal to an everyday person but to me… How does one explain the emotion behind standing in awe at the sight of a watermelon lip gloss container that stretches higher than a single story house; or worse yet, how does one make a normal person realize the horror of climbing over a ridge and walking for what feels like 50 yards all the while looking down and reading “T…R…O…” then after walking the rest of the ridge getting the final letters “J…A…N…”  That alone was enough to make me sit and weep at my insignificance.

 

After I managed to pull myself together I continued my exploration, making mental notes of everything I passed; the contents of my goddess’ purse were as follows.

 

In order of discovery:

One touch screen cell phone; locked with an unknown pass code.

One tube of watermelon lip gloss

One condom

One chocolate bar the size of half a superstore parking lot

Four tampons

Half a dozen pens of assorted colors

One card wallet with picture ID

 

As I stumbled upon the last item on my list of discoveries I had to regroup. It was a driver’s license, a Mississippi driver’s license even.

"I haven't seen a Mississippi license since..." My thought trailed off. I felt a new surge of hope, she was just like me, well how I was before anyway. That thought alone brought back any humanity I had lost in my ordeal. I scanned the billboard sized picture and found it comforting in a familiar sort of way. I could even read the text,

 “born July 14th 1988; that makes her twenty one dear god she’s my age.”

I continued reading. “Brown hair, green eyes I know all this. Holy!”

My eyes had landed on her height, a modest 5 foot 4 inches. Remember when I mentioned my humanity flooding back? This information utterly destroyed that. Just a matter of days ago I would have towered over this girl at a height of 6 foot 3, but now… Well I won’t insult your intelligence by stating the obvious.

My eyes led me to her name, and my heart sunk.

 

***

 

Misty had driven to Kami’s house like this at least a hundred times. This trip was no different than the last one, to her it was just a left at the third stop light and Kami’s house was the last one before the cove. She had no way of knowing she already had one passenger in the car.

 

Kami’s front door opened immediately as Misty pulled into the driveway and in it stood her best friend in the world. Thin, blonde, and beautiful Kami stood 5 foot 7 without heels and had eyes so blue men had written songs about them. Misty smiled and stepped out of the car grabbing her purse and letting it hang on her wrist as she walked.

 

***

 

Kami and Misty had partied it up on a weekly basis since junior high, and while Misty had always been the level headed one of the pair, Kami always had her ways of bringing the wild out in her to an extent. In Kami’s mind tonight was going to be different, she was going to make Misty cut loose completely even if it killed her. So when Misty’s car pulled into the driveway she was ready and waiting at the door. Watching as she stepped out of her car with her purse dangling from one hand.

 

“Ugh, what are you wearing?” Kami asked in a rather annoyed tone.

 

“What?” Misty replied slightly offended but knowing exactly where this conversation was headed. “Is there something wrong with what I’m wearing?”

 

Kami just smiled and pulled her inside the house. “These are not your “fuck me” clothes and you know it. Now let me fix you so we can leave already.”

 

Misty tried to protest of course but Kami’s persistence would not be pushed aside and when the two left Misty had changed into high heel sandals, and a tight fitting low cut dress with a slit up the side showing enough leg that no man in his right mind would resist looking twice.

***

 

The purse suddenly jolted I hadn’t even felt the car stop but I suppose that can be blamed on the shock. It was Misty; I had dated her for 2 years before… Well young relationships, stupid mistakes all that rubbish. I couldn’t bring my self to accept it but it was definitely her face grinning down at me from that driver’s license, and it was her name in black ink.

 

“This is bad,” I thought to myself.

 

Misty and I hadn’t broken up on extremely good terms, I had no reason to believe there was any ill will between us, but then again I had no reason to believe anything. She hadn’t talked to me since.

 

Without warning I was yanked from my deep contemplation as the world around me was sent into turbulence. She was on the move again. How long had I spaced out for were they leaving the house? Where were they going?

 

Cursing myself for not attempting to pay attention to the giants’ conversation I did my best to find something to hold onto until My ex stopped moving.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

***

As always rating and reviews are requested. Everyone likes to know that their work is appreciated and I'm no different. So if you would like to read more I encourage you to let me know.