- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I've been trying to better my writing style so hopefully through the continuation of this story it will develop. Rate and review please and I'll continue writing.
“Ugh… Just 5 more minutes… I don’t want to get up yet.” I wasn’t sure how long I had been asleep I still felt drained both mentally and physically. There was an ungodly noise coming from outside my prison, the sound of a thousand and one fighter planes all lined up together and at full throttle.

My eyes were blurred; the light was on in the bathroom which meant the unnamed goddess was obviously home. The noise stopped and I was comfortable lying where I was. Well as comfortable as one can be in a world so drastically altered. I was definitely content with the idea of letting her just go about her business and worry about getting her attention tomorrow.

Unfortunately that was not in the plan. Her hand cast a shadow over me it was so sudden I hadn’t even noticed she was in the room. “She’s seen me!” I thought, but my hopes were dashed as she dug out a tube of lipstick almost knocking me off my perch. As her hand moved I noticed she was no longer in her work uniform. I thought she appeared like a goddess before now she was Aphrodite in the flesh. The fitted black dress showed every curve of her body and her hair was down and flowing over her shoulders.

***

Misty came home from work kicked her shoes off by the door and collapsed on the couch. “Wow what a day... I’ve got to find a new job.” She enjoyed the income that Sturbux provided it wasn’t bad for 40 hours a week but coming home smelling like hazelnut and steamed milk everyday was anything but appealing. Kicking her bare feet up on the table she turned on the TV about the time her phone rang. “Hello?”

Her friend Kami’s voice answered on the other end of the line. “Hey girl what are you up to tonight?”

“Oh nothing much, I just got home from work.” Misty replied

“Rough day?”

“Eh you know S.S.D.D.”

“Yea I hear ya girl. Well go get dressed we’re going to the club tonight!”

“Kami I don’t think…”

“Nuh uh, stop right there you’ve been moping around for months now. You need to just forget what happened. You’re coming tonight whether you like it or not.”

“It’s not that e…”

“I said you’re coming end of conversation” Kami said with a laugh. “Now go get dressed.”

“Click” Kami had hung up on her, but may be she was right may be it was time for her to get out of the house. May be she could even meet someone new, yea may be.

With a renewed energy she hopped up off the couch and half skipped her way down the hall to her bed room. She found her little black dress hanging right where she had left it in the closet, tearing off her work clothes and grabbing a fresh towel she made her way to the bathroom to wash off the coffee scent left over from work. After towel drying her hair she walked back to her room pulled on the dress and found a pair of black open toed heels and her black handbag to go with it. Then it was back to the bathroom to do her hair and makeup.

The blow dryer did its job quickly enough and she reached for the makeup bag. First turning to a tube of light red lipstick, She liked getting dressed up but she was never one for much make up. Her natural beauty was more than ample so she never had much use for it. Dropping the lipstick back into the bag she reached for the powder and lightly applied it to her face. With that done she flicked off the light grabbed her purse from the floor by her feet and headed out the door.

***

The lipstick had almost taken me out that time I managed to cling to the fibers of the powder puff as it came crashing down I was not however prepared to be lifted back into the air. How many times would I be hovering who knows how many miles above the ground today? Better question how many times would I be falling today?

The first impact on her cheek didn’t quite knock me loose, senseless yes, loose no. The second I found myself completely loopy for lack of a better word… Her skin was soft and after the initial impact it was actually rather enjoyable though all too brief. The third slam is where I found myself tumbling through the air. I thought at first that I would land down the front of her dress, and really that wouldn’t have been such a bad way to go, but apparently this was when my “charmed star” decided to be eclipsed. I tumbled past her cleavage and saw her toes staring up at me far below, but that was not my destination either, between her feet sitting open like the maw I had been trapped in earlier was a purse. Small on her scale just there to carry a few necessities: cell phone, gum, etc...

To me it was comparable to looking down on an Olympic sized pool while sky diving.

It was the only target I had, so it would have to do.