- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Something was wrong I awoke with a start, where the hell was I? This was not my room in Dallas with the pictures hanging crooked on the wall. This was not my bed with the overpriced sheets. This place was strange, dark and cold.

 

“OK. Think back. What’s the last thing you remember…? Going to sleep at home… But you’re not home now…” A light in the distance, just a crack like the sun rising but this was different, it was cut off in a rectangular shape, miles wide.  The ground beneath me was a light color and looked somewhat like tile, but it stretched on forever surely it must be some kind of rock formation. Who would ever need this much tile? Then the tremors started rhythmically, one shortly after the other, each time becoming more and more powerful, until, a shadow cutting off part of the light on the horizon. Then it was gone. The Tremors faded away.  Slightly unnerved I sat there for what felt like an eon then the tremors returned and shortly after the shadow with it. An almost familiar sound and then the farthest corner of the strange rectangular light shot up for an eternity and started to spread. In shock I stared at the colossal outline in front of me.

 

***

 

Misty had just awoken 6:00 am had come all to soon and she was rather upset that she had to get up this early in the morning to go to work when she had just closed the night before. She reluctantly crawled out of bed, turned on the hall light and trudged towards the kitchen to start the coffee. This was her normal routine. After turning the coffee pot on it was time to get ready for work, she headed for the bathroom. Opening the door she paused long enough to stretch and yawn before stepping inside and turning on the light.

 

***

 

It was… It couldn’t be… But it was… A giant woman… “This is a dream, a nightmare!” I said out loud to no one in particular. Standing before me was a woman too big to comprehend. My senses were returned to me rather abruptly as the sole of her foot sailed inches over my head and her heel landed hundreds of feet away. She had only taken one step but that one step had covered acres and acres of distance. This was unlike any other dream I had ever had, I had felt the body heat from her foot, and the gust of wind as it crashed down almost knocked me off my feet. Logically that was impossible right? But if that was impossible then I must be awake.
“But if I’m awake that means this is real… and logically that’s impossible.” My mind raced as I attempted to reason with myself. I barely had time to laugh at the fact that I was talking to myself before I was thrown sideways by an earth shattering force.

 

***

 

Misty stood in front of the bathroom mirror for a moment and gazed at the reflection staring back at her. Her brown hair with the blonde highlights was a mess. Her green eyes were still half closed unadjusted to the light hanging over the sink. The tile of the bathroom floor was cold beneath her bare feet she shifted her weight to her right foot and turned on the water. Splashing her face with the cold liquid to shock her self into consciousness she stood upright again and walked out of the bathroom to get a towel from the hall closet.

 

***

 

She had just shifted her weight. To her this was a miniscule motion her foot had only moved half an inch to the side but it was enough to send me a good ten yards across the tile. I was alive, bruised a little, but still alive. I looked up in time to see water droplets the size of cars raining down from above. Scrambling to get under the slight overhang between the floor and the sink’s cabinet I barely made it before being drowned. When I turned around she was gone.

Chapter End Notes:
Rate & Review and I may continue it.