- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kelly hosts her first meeting, but not without trouble.

Chapter 14: Team Fractures

 

Kelly walked into the office as she did the first day, went up the elevator and to her personal office. She sat down on her chair, this time with little to no thought of the person inside of it and logged into her account.

 

After checking her emails, she opened the one that read "MEETING DETAILS". Sally had sent her details of the room and time of the big group meeting, since Kelly was unable to book a room yet, she was allocated Room 1568 at 12:30pm. Kelly looked at the computers clock, 11:45am. She thought it that quite soon so she gathered her materials and prepared for the meeting.

 

Arriving at 12, she unlocked the door with her key card and began setting up her presentation. It was a design for a new app that the company was impressed with when she applied, which is how she believes she got the job. As she was setting up, Sophia entered the room. Kelly looked up at her "Your early? only 5 past" Kelly said, typing on her company supplied laptop that was included in the room.

 

"You might have an issue with today's meeting, a big one" Sophia said. She looked stressed and unsettled. Kelly looked concerned at Sophia, she was so happy and friendly yesterday, what happened? "What? Why?" Kelly asked, confused. "Come with me" Sophia said, Kelly, unsure where she would be lead, followed her co-worker friend regardless, wanting to know the reason for the commotion.

 

Sophia lead Kelly into a large-ish room. Inside were about 40-ish employees, all young like Kelly and Sophia. On the wall of the room was a giant TV which had the news running, everyone seemed to be watching it. "We are minutes away from the first draw of Individuals who will be shrunk under the new terms of the Tiny Act. After being passed late last night, the government and local Shrinking firm Tiny Co wasted no time in getting the new list of people to be selected. In under 10 minutes, around 1.2 million people, in the ages between 18-25, will be sent a text message informing them they are selected for the procedure. Which as we all know, is mandatory." A reporter said on the news. Kelly now understood why everyone was on edge. She did not know it actually passed! People were both watching the news and also checking their phones constantly. The reporter continued. 

 

"We have Simon Foler, of Tiny Co here with me, Mr Foler, why did the government need to increase the age and what changes, if any, are there for the older occupants?" The reporter asked an older man. He wore a lab coat and had black hair.

 

"Thank you for asking. As you know, our population has increased exponentially, even since the Tiny Act was passed. And we at Tiny Co believe that not only did the age needed to rise, but so did selecting potential candidates for use who are already under 25, but above the 18 range. So avoid future problems. So we told the government, who agreed. Since Tinies not only solve our crisis, but also bring incredible financial growth to economy, the best in decades! And the act was revised. So now many out there await the text that decides their fate" The man said before continuing,

 

"And for changes. being older does not change the procedure, as you know anybody can be shrunk. But it was decided the younger, but not too young, the better. Due to age concerns and selling potential" the man said, smiling. Kelly shivered at his creepy, unnerving smile. "But what about reports that from activist groups that shrinking can still be done without such implementations of being inserted into items" the reporter said. "Pure nonsense" the older man said, suddenly a bunch of noises were heard inside the room Kelly was in. The reporter suddenly held his ear "We are getting reports the texts have been sent out. Good luck to those selected" the reporter said.

 

Kelly looked around the room. Dozens of employees looked upon their phones in shock and horror. Sophia looked to Kelly "Most of our team is on that list, this is what the issue is. Come, I can't see anybody on the team here. Hopefully they return to the meeting room" Sophia said. Kelly nodded and they both returned to the room.

 

As Kelly opened the door, Nichole and Kyle sat on one side of the table while Nicky and Lucy sat at the other. Nichole was smiling while Lucy was crying into her hands, Lucy comforting her "Its ok, its ok" Lucy said. Kelly approached them.

 

"The bastards selected her. HER! She only turned 18 last month, she was home free!" Lucy screamed as she looked up to the now sad Kelly. "I am so sorry Nicky" Kelly said. Nicky continued to cry. Sophia approached from behind and held a hand on Nicky's shoulder. "Maybe we should post pone the meeting, especially under the circumstances" Sophia said to Kelly. Kelly nodded in agreement.

 

Not long after, Lucy took Nicky out of the room while Sophia went her office to message Grace to let her know the meeting was cancelled. This left Nichole, who was browsing her phone and Kyle, who just sat in silence as Kelly started turn off the laptop and unplug the equiptment.

 

"Shame about Nicky aint it" Nichole said, causing Kelly to look up at her. "So young and free, now an item. Must suck" Nichole continued. Kelly felt uneasy around her still and limited her response "Yes, its very unfortunate" Kelly replied.

 

"Wonder what she would be? A toe ring, a tissue, a buttpl-" Nichole said before Kelly interrupted her. "I..don't know" she replied. Kelly was still processing the absurd system and knew Nichole was now just testing her. "Anyway, I am finished, you can stay but there is another meeting at 3pm. Lock the door as you leave" Kelly said, not wanting to spend another day with Nichole.

 

As Kelly left, Nichole smiled. "I had only hoped one of our members was selected, for it to actually happen is perfect! She will be shrunk tonight, I will have to procure her tonight to avoid her being shipped interstate".

 

 

Kelly returned to her office, falling down into her chair. What a disaster she thought. First day meeting and its cancelled. She logged into her emails and saw a new email.

 

"Dear Employees,

 

Regarding the selection process. Due to our existing arrangement, any employee who is a parent and has a child who was selected is still safe, even if they were above 18. However if you yourself was selected and have no parent within the company, we apologize, but we have no safety recourse for you. Please go to the selected Shrink Centre right now, to avoid any legal trouble.

 

Thanks

 

-HR"

 

Kelly sighed, not even the loophole protected Nicky. She barely knew the girl, but to know someone who is now gone. A team member missing. It..was weird. Feeling the person below her, Kelly thought of the possibilities for Nicky...what if she was forced to be a seat..or worse!

 

Kelly laid back in her seat, her emotions in a mess. She just wanted a good day at work.

 

 

 

Nichole walked out of the Shrink Co building, plastic bag in hand. She smiled as she entered the car. "Did..did you get her mistress" Kyle said, in the drivers seat.

 

"Yes, thanks to your lovely parents, I was able to purchase directly from them. Thank them for me will you" Nichole said, smiling. 

 

As Kyle drove away Nichole put her hand into the bag and grabbed out a box, labelled "Smell All Tiny Plug". Nichole opened it and pulled out a small black butt plug. Inside the main part and visible behind transparent material was a small tiny person. Nichole looked directly at the crying person inside. "Hello Nicky, did not expect to see me did you? Welcome to your new hell" Nichole said. The small Nicky girl just collapsed on her knees, her expression of pure horror.

 

Nichole assumed some underwear or bracelet or something normal. A buttplug was not only a fun toy but a great item to use to her advantage against Kelly.

 

Part 1 was done, tomorrow was part 2.  

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!

Sorry it was mostly set up, but hope your enjoying it still!

Thanks for reading and as always, apologizes for any mistakes or errors.