- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Will attends the event

Chapter 28: The Event

Will finished putting his new suit on, freshly dry cleaned, he looked at himself in the bathroom mirror. He was scared, this was a huge thing. One of the most prestigious events in the world, and he, a poor film student, was attending. Not as a camera man, not as an assistant to producers or anything. As a guest to the person the entire event was based around.

Will tighened his tie one last time before exiting the bathroom. He was scared shitless, he had never attended something like this, and it scared him.

Will stood outside the apartment complex alone, waiting for the Limo. As it pulled up, Bill got out to open the door. As Will went to enter, Bill put his hand on his chest. "Sorry Mr Crusher, this Limo is booked only for Jessica" he said. Will froze, was he meant to have arrananged transport? He assumed since Jessica was going, he could join her. Was he wrong?! Did he screw up already.

Jessica walked out of the main door of the apartment complex and walked past Will. "Oh hey, your ride not here yet?" she asked him. Will started to panic. "I..uhh, no. I.." he said, panicking. Jessica looked at him, confused. Suddenly a car horn went off. "Oh, I better go, see you tonight" Jessica said, getting in the Limo. "Sorry mate, I was just told Jessica was going alone, safety reason and such. Call me in 15 if your still stuck, ill send a mate to pick you up" Bill said, handing Will a card with a number on it. Will nodded "Thanks". Then Bill got into the Limo and drove off. Will went to go inside to sit down when an enormous Limo took the spot of Jessica's Limo had just been. 3 times longer, it parked and a door opened. "Mr Crusher, where are you going?" a voice said. Will turned around. Inside the Limo was Agent and several other people that Will could not make out.

"I..uhh" Will said, unsure what was going on. Agent scratched the temple side of her head. "Let me guess, Cindy forgot to tell you about transportation?" she said. Will nodded. "Get in" she said and Will approached and entered the massive Limo.

Inside was incredible, lined with gold, there were 5 occupants already inside. there was a bar with drinks, a section filled with candy. A TV with LIVE footage of the event, mostly people walking the red carpet. Music was slightly playing and more. Will sat next to Agent and a young girl, William recognised her as- "Hey, names Shrinker. Word on the street your the boy toy for this new hero. That true?" Shrinker asked Will, putting her hand out to shake. Will shook her hand and went to answer before being interuppted. "I would keep your mouth shut Will, nobody in here has clearence, they are just sticky noses" Agent said, not even looking up from her tablet where she seemed to be organising things. Will closed his mouth and Shrinker huffed and crossed her arms. Will looked around the Limo.

It was literally almost half of the Mighty 10. Shrinker, Mind Warp, Smelt, Exotica and Android L. Will noticed it was all heroes in the lower group of the Mighty 10, Shrinker at 10, Smelt at 9, Exotica at 8 and Android L at 7. 6,5,4,3,2 and 1 were missing, he assumed in a much more luxury Limo as they were literal super stars.

Will looked at them all...they were all ignoring him. Some on there phones, some having a drink. Exotica and Android were shouting at the TV when certain heros showed up, Android L calling Android K a cheap build knockoff, which made Will chuckle. They had a very well public rivalry due to similar creators. Even Shrinker had gone back on her phone, bored that she was barred from grilling him for answers. Will faced Agent.

"I..uh, thanks for the lift" he said, Agent looked up before shaking her head. "That girl, she was meant to tell you I was coming to pick you up. After these all leave on the red carpet, you and I drive around to the back to prepare for the show" Agent said. Will felt a bit sad, he had hoped he could walk the carpet, even as some random guest. But it made sense, why would be even be there. Would only raise suspicions. "After that, you can watch with everyone else till Press time, where your revealed" Agent said. Will nodded. "I haven't seen C..her all day, she left before me, must have forgot" Will said, correcting a fatal reveal and trying to save Cindy a talking to. Agent just looked at him. "I told her 3 days ago, she is either forgetful or....wait... She better not" Agent said. Suddenly she looked at every hero, scoping them out. "Never mind, anyway, we are almost here, everyone ready?" Agent asked everyone, they all kinda went meh.

As the limo stopped, the door was opened. First out was Smelt, waving instantly to the cameras. Then Exotica, who transformed into several animals to show off. And then Shrinker got up, passed Will and herself waved to the cameras. As Android L got up, she smiled to Will, making Will confused. Agent looked at her, suspiciously. "Tell Cindy we are even now" She said, suddenly she opened her hand and something meterialized in it, like it had been transported from somewhere. It was a mask? Android L shoved it on Will's face, disorientating him and she then pushed him out of the Limo.

Will took some time to adjust, he was dizzy and confused. What just happened?! He looked around, he was on the Red Carpet. He looked behind him, Agent was making gestures to move forward before scratching her head in annoyance, she then closed the door and the Limo drove off. Will moved forward. Suddenly Android L approached him from behind and whispered into his ear "Thats a present from Blur. Your not meant to have one till later, but your girlfriend pulled a few strings. Said she wants you to wave to her on TV" Android L said, before walking ahead and waved at the cameras.

Will shook his head in amazement, he...was here. He was walking the carpet! He waved to cameras, some focusing on him over other heroes. He noticed Shinker and Exotica were not impressed. "Who is that!" One cameraman said. "Is that a Blur mask?" another said. "Is he dating the hero?" said a reporter, she suddenly approached him.

"Hi, Aerin Brigs from Channel 107, who are you?" She asked. Will went to answer. "I ahh...the date?" he said, unsure what to say and just blurted out an answer. "The date? Your a hero then?" she asked. Will panicked. "NO NO! I am dating the hero, tonight. I am her boyfr...iend." He said, realizing what he had done. He quickly walked away. "Wait! Whats your name, age, where do you live!" he heard the reporter say. He panicked..was he meant to reveal that. Oh god, did he screw this all up. He shook his head and focused, he would only do this once. He hoped it would not effect much, but he decided to just wing it and hope for the best. Noting panicking and ruining this moment on the Red carpet would just spoil it all. Suddenly his phone vibrated, he took it out. "Your fine, stop worrying, your freaking the news out with that expression. Its early reveal but fine, LOOK HAPPY! - Agent". Will breathed out, thank goodness for that. He put the phone away and soaked up the atmosphere.

Will walked the carpet, he was interviewed a few more times before reaching the door and even signed some fans autographs, which freaked him out. He was just given a pen and people pleaded for "The new heroes boyfriends signature". This was all unreal for Will, but he went along, knowing his actions were being recorded and did not want to mess it up for Cindy. He also felt bad he signed it under 'Boyfriend' as he could not use his real name/signature, people were going to be confused who the hell that was in a few years time he thought.

As Will reached the giant doors to the event hall, he looked behind him. He saw some cameras pointed his way. He waved at them, to Cindy. And then entered.

The event was massive. Hundreds of people from all walks to life. Politicans, non hero Celebrities, billionaires, esteemed scientists and more. And here was Will, he thought, an average dude, walking with high class. Suddenly something touched his back, he slightly jumped. "Look at you, Mr Red Carpet". He looked behind him, it was Jessica. "I did not plan this" he said, Jessica just laughed. "Oh yeah, I know. This has my sister written all over it. Agent is going to rip her a new one after this" she said, Will just chuckled. "It was nice to walk the carpet, it feels like another world" he said. Jessica stared at him. "Its so weird, I have been to so many events, its a chore. But your describe it like another planet. Freaky" she said. "Anyway, I am going to get drunk, because watching 1000 people listen to someone talking about *my sister* would drive me nuts" she said (words in ** are whispered). Jessica then walked off. Will just stood there, unsure what to do now.

Will walked the social hub, people just standing and talking. Drinks in hand and food being served via platters. He was talked to by several people, even chased down a few times. However most did not care for him, they either asked for exclusive info before it was annouced or tried to talk to him to talk to The Giantess about support and other hero buisness, like funding and swapping routes and such. But Will still enjoyed being some sort of centre of attention. Was better then standing around like an idiot.

Suddenly someone approached him from his right side "Your 'friend' sure likes you" they said. Will turned, it was Blur. "She begged me for another mask, so you could walk the carpet. She obviously likes you very much. I said I would do it if she went on my podcast, your welcome yourself, be a good story on what a non hero felt walking it. It rarely happens." he said. Will thought, it was rare. Outside a marriage, where the couples would walk together or a guest of honour, the red carpet was usually restricted to heroes..outside press and such. "Thanks, it was incredible. I had no idea it was coming" Will said, laughing. "But it blew my mind. So thanks" he continued, Blur nodded his head. Will looked at the hero, his head was completely blurred, as were his hands. It was freaky to Will until he remembered his head was exactly the same at the moment due to the mask. Blur walked off as Will continued to walk the halls. After a scary confrontation with Shrinker and a sweet one with Android L, he then headed to the seating area, as everyone was called to sit.

Will sat down, noting his card now said "Partner of Event Hero" instead of what he assumed would have been his normal name. He noticed the cards next to him, Agent and a hero named X, which seemed weird to Will.

Suddenly a heavily cloaked person sat down in the X seat. Will straightened his body, scared of the person. They weren't tall, but the dark, black cloak scared the crap out of him. He had never heard or seen this Hero before.

Suddenly they turned to Will, the inside of the cloak pitch black. "Boo!" they said. Will thought, processing that voice.

"Cin-" he went to say, before Cindy grabbed his mouth with her hand. "Shhh" she said. "I am incognito" she continued.

Will was completely confused.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!

 

I hope you enjoyed it, this is just setting things up for future chapters and events, but there will be drama at the event!

Also the ** for whispers is due to the lack of changing fonts on my writing program and then not wanting to forget the change it later. It won't happen often, but I had to ensure it was known she did whisper.

Thanks again for reading and as always, Apologizes for any mistakes or errors.