- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Will goes on a date

Chapter 25: The Date

Will laid in his bed, holding the card with both hands, inspecting it. The girls had gone to bed after dinner and he decided to have an early night himself. He brushed his fingers over the card, feeling its texture. He then put it on his bedside table. What a crazy few days. From Poor to Jessica, to Job and then Cindy. He had experienced more in the last few days then he had in the last few years. And while there were ups and downs, in the end. He was happy.

Suddenly his door creeked open, Will looked. "Light off" a voice said, it was Cindy. Will went to answer, but instead turned the lamp on his bedside table off. He heard her footsteps as she approached the bed, pattering on the floor. He felt her climb onto the bed and under the blankets. And then he felt her on him, as she embraced him into a hug. "Bad dreams" Will said, teasing her. "No, just taking you up on that offer" she said. Will smiled and embraced her in a hug back, feeling her warm naked body on his own.

As Will awakened, he felt Cindy was no longer in the bed. He yawned and got out of the bed, before streching beside it. He then headed towards the bathroom for a shower. As he opened the bathroom door, he froze in shock. Cindy was inside, covered by a towel, but effectively naked. She stared back at him before opening her mouth "15 minutes earlier and we could have saved water" she said, smiling. Will just scracthed his neck and did a small awkward laugh. Cindy then approached him and left the bathroom. "You snooze you loose" she yelled outside. Will dropped his head, that was something.

After his shower, Will headed towards the kitchen. There sat Cindy and Jessica, Cindy eating pancakes and Jessica having cereal. Will sat down. "Not having pancakes Jessica?" Will asked. She looked up at him, "None left" she said. Will looked at Cindy who smiled before jumping up and grabbing a plate, handing it to Will. "My treat" she said. Will smiled...before looking at his meal "Sorry for missing out of shower fun" was written on the pancake. Will looked at Cindy. "Thanks?" he said, thankful for the meal but wishing it did not have to be another jab at him. He took a bite, oh! It was delicious! "Is that..chocolate pancake mix?" he asked. Cindy nodded. "Yeah, when Jessica was at your apartment, she told me you had empty packets in your kitchen. So I assumed it was a favourite of yours" she said. Will took another bite and then another before answering "Oh yeah, I love them" he said. Cindy smiled "Glad my guess was right". "Thank you Cindy!" Will said. Cindy just smiled, no responce or smart comment back. She smiled, her cheeks slightly going red.

After he finished, Cindy spoke up "Today we are going to the Golden Apple" she said, Will almost did a spit take. "What! Thats a very exclusive and expensive restaurant. How and why?" he asked. "Our first date of course, I feel we should go on one 'proper' date before we reveal to the world were a couple" she said. Will was surprised, this was unexpected. "Don't the guys normally ask the girls on dates" he laughed. "Well someone has to wear the balls in this relationship" Cindy said, Will shut up after that. "Plus its all being paid for by Agent, I blackmailed her to do so, reservations and all" Cindy said. Jessica looked to her sister "How the hell did you do that?" she asked.
Cindy grinned "I told her she could choose my dress for the ceremony on friday if she did this for me, she quickly accepted. I refused to wear her silly 'sponser' dresses, so I knew it would make her budge" Cindy said, Jessica just smiled and shook her head at her cunning sister. "So, good for 6 tonight?" Cindy asked Will. "Yeah, of course, I..uh..thank you" he said. Cindy quickly got up before reacting to his comment, "I gotta do some things in my room, can you help me sis" Cindy said, fast walking to her room. Jessica, surprised. Got up and followed her sister. As both sisters left, Will was left alone in the kitchen.

Having no plans, Will decided to go and buy a suit and flowers for tonight. While his original suit did its job, he felt an upgrade was the way to go, especially for such a high class place. He left the apartment and walked down the street, he passed an electronics store with TV's in the window, it was playing the news "We return to our broadcast of the brutal Bank Robber massacre that claimed the lives of 54 innocent people and 3 bank robbers. First on the sce-" spoke a man on TV, Will was shocked such a thing could happen. He watched for a bit before heading to the tailors.

As Will got to the CBD, he was unsure of where to get his suit. Not wanting to go somewhere bad or unrealiable, he thought of a cunning plan. "Hey, need suit for friday, whats best place - Will" said a text, which he sent to Agent. 10 minutes later, she replied. "Super Style, (Street name here), show your card before you order. You will see" the reply text said. Will shrugged and headed to the place.

As he arrived, Will was..surprised. It was a small store in the middle of a broken down old mall, most shops around it were closed. Only an old DVD store and a $2 store remained. Will entered. A young woman, about 28, approached from the back. "Welcome to Super Style, can I help you?" She said. "yeah..I ah, want a suit made for a date and also an event, one suit only however" he said. "I see, well, unfortunately we are quite busy at the current moment, lot of orders. I can direct you to another place" she said. Will was surprised, the shop looked run down and places dusty. She was busy?

"Oh ah sure, just, I was told to show you this card" Will said, grabbing Cindy's card out. The woman grabbed it instantly. "Oh dear, always start with this, it wastes so much time dear" she said, shocking Will. Her whole persona changed. "Come, Come, to the back" she said. Taking the card with her, Will followed her.

They walked to the back, a giant thick steel door stood and a older man, about 60, sat behind a counter. "Bill, check this card. Looks fake" the woman said. The man took it. "Not fact, new. This the new hero for friday right?" The man said, looking at Will. Will started to sweat, what was the correct answer. Was it alright to reveal that? The man spoke up "Its alright, I work for Agent, we all do. No secrets here" he said. Will breathed out a small breath of relief. "Oh ok, ah yeah. The Giantess is the hero for friday" he said. "Told ya, he's good, its legit" Bill said. The woman took the card and gave it back to Will. "Come" she said and the giant door opened.

Inside was a huge room filled with all sorts of material, suits, machines to make suits and more. "I am madame Silky, daughter of the great tailor, Catherine Silk. I will be making your suit today" the woman said. Will thought on that name..it sounded familiar. Wait! This..this was it. Silky was the offical suit maker for all super hero suits, this was the place they are made. No wonder it looked crap from the outside, it was a disguise. AND THE NAME! He was an idiot, Super Style..as in Super Hero Style. Of course Agent's tailor was one of the most famous tailors in the world. He hoped he could afford it.

After being measured and asked what he wanted, Will sat on a seat for 30 minutes. Silky came back "Its done, I have sent it to your apartment, don't worry, your date won't see it" she said. "Thank..Thank you. So much. I ah, how much is all this" Will said. "Free" Silky said. FREE! Will thought. "Free?" he said, confused. "Every hero needs someone by their side, to support them. My mom had my father, who paid for her equipment which lead to everything you see here. And my husband supports me, comforting me every day after work and managing things I don't have time to. Your payment, if you keep to this relationship, is the hard work it will be looking after this 'The Giantess'. And, thats payment enough. So its free" She said. "I..uh..thank you" Will said.

Will thanked her once more, then thanked Bill as he walked out and then left.

Will went to a flower shop, buying a box to hide them in and then got some lunch before heading back. Once inside, he saw Jessica and Cindy were still busy, so he quickly slinked to his room. Inside he saw a card on his bed, it was blank. Confused, he then went to his wardobe. There he saw a suit hanging that was not before. "Damn that was fast delivery" Will said to himself. He looked again at the card, confused at its purpose. He touched it to the suit bag, suddenly words appeared.

"If you read this, good job, your not a complete idiot. This is your suit, its custom made by me. Its bullet proof, fire proof. Almost indestructable and has a tracker in it that Agent, myself or your date, if she chooses, can track. I have also included shoes, since wearing anything less then perfect shoes would make me vomit. So don't wear anything else with the suit. - Silky". Will was amazed. He inspected the suit, it was perfect. He truly was ready for tonight.

While they did live together, Will decided it would be better to meet at the restaurant. He walked to the reception. "I uhh, William?" He said. The clerk lady just stared at him. "We know who you are, table 19" she said. Will shrugged and walked in.

He sat down, placing the flower box on his lap. As he did, he saw Cindy come in. She..looked..incredible. Her hair was different, like she had just gotten it done. Her dress was bright red and shone in the light. Her face had makeup and looked gorgeous and almost everything else had some work done to it. Will felt a bit intimidated but overall just shocked at the sudden change. She looked incredible.

Cindy approached the table and sat down. They sat in silence. "You..look..incredible" Will said. Cindy blushed red. "Thanks, I uh..had help" she said. Jessica! Will thought, thats what they were doing. He handed her the flowers "For you" he said. "Oh! Thank you" she said, getting up to give him a light kiss. "I love the suit" she said.  

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!

Apologizes for any mistakes or errors.