- Text Size +

"SIR!" one of the agents cried out. "WE ARE GETTING REPORTS OF PORTALS OPENING UP AROUND THE WORLD AGAIN!"

 

"IN THE DAY TIME?" another agent cried out. "BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENS!"

 

"FORGET THAT!" a third announced. "ARE THERE ANY KAIJUU COMING? WE AREN'T PREPARED FOR A COUNTER ATTACK RIGHT NOW!"

 

"REPORTS ARE COMING IN! PORTALS ARE FULLY OPEN BUT THERE ARE NO KAIJUU! REPEAT NO KAIJUU!"

 

In the back of the room sat General AisHower. For the longest time he had sat silently with his eyes shut. To the point that most had figured he had finally fallen asleep. Yet at this news his stern face broke into a large grin. Opening his eyes, he announced in proud tone,

 

"Bring our boys home!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Rescue efforts of the remaining soldiers proceeded without a hitch. In spite of tales the soldiers all had of terrifying natural disasters, the planet appeared calm and settled down for the duration of the portals being active.

 

Scouting teams were sent through each of the portals in order to search for the dead bodies, as well as to confirm the elimination of the Kaijuu forces. The cost had been great with the loss of over 70% of the initial fighting force, majority of which was lost in only two battle grounds, but the battle had been worth it. The Kaijuu and their offspring were all confirmed  to have been completely eliminated.

 

The operation had been a success, but the question of the portals still remained. With the battle over, the activation and deactivation of the portals seemed to have returned to their normal, and now without Kaijuu to come through them, humanity was free to explore the other side at their leisure. 

 

What they found was an incredibly alien landscape full of resources beyond our expectations. Massive trees that were as strong as steel that grew faster than humans could harvest them. Running wells of salt and water. Strange white liquids that had a variety of uses. Powerful acids capable of breaking down numerous materials.

 

As exploration of the portals became more common place, explorers discovered portals that led to new areas that had remained unnoticed until now as they never had been home to Kaijuu.

 

Long dark tunnels that led to wells of thick white liquids filled with minerals great for growth. Tunnels full of sticky wax like materials. Tunnels filled with thick slimy green materials that could be used for cleaning products. A large cavern full of a slightly acidic yellow liquid that was considered to be useful as a healing spa to bathe in.

 

Numerous portals were explored across the globe. The age of interstellar exploration and unknown resources had arrived, and with the vast raw materials gathered, humanity quickly rebuilt.

 

As for Peggy... she unfortunately never managed to get too involved with the exploration of this new planet due to the unfortunate bad luck she seemed to have with never being awake when the portals were open. After a few years of failed attempts she decided to pursue other interests instead in which she did quite well.

 

Unbeknownst to Peggy, or anyone in the world however... she had, in fact, become quite influential to the future of humanity in spite of this.