- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And now we switch a bit between the two sides!

The sound of the General screaming "SERGEANT" roused Peggy from her slumber. She winced her eyes as the light from her computer screen glared off of her glasses blinding her, and she began to rub them.

 

As the sounds of shouts and screams seemed to spread around her she became suddenly aware of where she was and sat bolt upright to attention. She couldn't believe she had fallen asleep. Looking at the clock it was now 4AM. She had been out for several hours. Thankfully her role in this mission had been of very low necessity so no one had stopped to check on her. If she had been found having fallen asleep at her computer during such an essential mission, she wouldn't only be kicked off of the team, but likely be court marshalled for putting lives at risk!

 

Peggy winced slightly as her belly gave a distressing growl. It felt as if a sea serpent was doing aerobics in her intestines. But she clenched her butt cheeks and tried to push through it. As she did, she noticed something else that was somewhat surprising. She was wet... between the legs... Not enough for her to be worried or to even really call herself fully aroused... But there was a subtle yet definite tickle taking place on top of her now very erect clitoris and it was getting very hard to ignore.

 

Peggy scratched her head in confusion as she tried to ignore the pleasant feeling between her legs and unpleasant feeling within her gut, and instead attempted to figure out what she had missed while she was sleeping.

 

"THE PORTALS ARE ALL CLOSED!" One of the agents called out in a concerned voice.

 

"HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?" Another agent exclaimed. "This is far earlier than we have any records of the portals closing ever before!"

 

"The portals have been acting erratically all day!" a third agent retorted. "We knew that risk when we started this mission."

 

"Save the tactical review for after." the General growled. "Is there any way to get back in contact with the teams?"

 

"Negative!" the comms operator replied. "The comms relied on the portals in order to cover the distance and gain the direction. Without them we have no way of even knowing which direction the soldiers are in relation to earth, let alone how many light years it would take for a signal to reach them!"

 

"In that case.... We can only hope and pray that the men are alright..." the General exclaimed. The room went silent at this announcement.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The men were in fact, NOT alright...

 

Team Bravo had just finished exploring the last tunnel and killing the Mole Class Kaijuu inside. They had actually thought they had finished long before, but after a suggestion to check what lay beyond a giant outward jut in the cliff face, they were horrified to find yet another equally long cliff face with equally large black branches jutting out from the front of it, not to mention an equally large amount of Mole Class Kaijuu.

 

It was a long battle, but Team Bravo had finally emerged victorious. It was at this point they heard a loud rumbling followed by experiencing more G Force than they knew was physically possible a the whole cliff face suddenly raised and lowered at ridiculously high speeds. The blinding bright light on the horizon seemed to flicker multiple colours as they moved along and felt as if their bodies were dragged up, down, left and right.

 

If it hadn't been for the phenomenal G Force capabilities of the survival suits they were wearing, as well as their artificial gravity systems that aligned them to any surface, they would have likely been flung into the atmosphere or turned into a mushy paste within their suits. As it was, a few unfortunate soldiers who had been too close to the edge of the branches were flung down to the abyss where they fell far beyond saving.

 

"QUICK! HIDE IN THE KAIJUU TUNNELS!" the sergeant cried out. 

 

Desperate to escape the calamity, the remainder of Team Bravo rushed into the nearby tunnels. Thankfully these tunnels were deep enough and wide enough to fit them all in, but even then it was a tight fit. 

 

"DAMN IT! I CAN'T CONNECT TO COMMAND!" the sergeant shouted slamming the com back down.

 

"What can we do!?" one of the cadets cried starting to lose hope at the loss of his comrades.

 

Being reminded that he did not stand alone, the sergeant regained his composure.

 

"I'm gonna tell you what we're gonna do." the sergeant responded. "We're gonna survive!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"It's no use sergeant!" the cadet cried out after dabbling with the radio some more. "We can't connect to Command!"

 

"Damn it." the sergeant cursed as the rest of his men joined up with him.

 

It had been a long battle, but Team Alpha eventually managed to clear out the main force of Lobster Class Kaijuu. The MG-69 had proven better than its description at defeating the beasts, and it wasn't long before ground became littered with the corpses of dead Kaijuu.

 

After the battle was over, the sergeant had split up his men to cover more ground. Hundreds of soldiers spread out, they managed to after several hours of hard work, cover every tree within the forest destroying any egg sacks they found. There were still a couple of Lobster Class Kaijuu stragglers, but they were not much of a threat alone at this point and were quickly dispatched as well.

 

The sergeant had just been about to call in the good news to command when a loud rumble was heard and their comms went down.

 

"What will we do now?" the cadet asked the sergeant, but before the sergeant could respond, a new threat appeared.

 

The trees around them began to tremble and sway until suddenly the whole ground shook violently around them. Soldiers were flung into the trunks of nearby trees kept alive only by the great design of their survival suits as cars and tanks were flipped over. If an earthquake of this magnitude had hit earth, it would have likely split continents in half. At least that was how it felt to the sergeant.

 

Just as the the ground began to settle again, the jungle around them was filled with the sounds of scraping ground and trees creaking as something came towards them at incredible speeds. The troops only managed to evacuate the fallen vehicles just in time for what must have been an incredible land slide came through bending the mighty black trees around them to the ground and taking the vehicles with them. 

 

One or two trees were uprooted completely as they fell along with the force and their vehicles down the sloped hill and off into an abyss to no one could tell where.

 

"What... on earth was that?" one of the soldiers exclaimed.

 

Equally dumbstruck, the sergeant could only shake his head. "We aren't ON earth any more..." he exclaimed.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It had been a long battle, and now there were only two subs left of the resilient Delta Team. The losses had been massive. A battle more costly than any humanity would ever fight again... but it hadn't been in vain. After hours of fighting for their lives, the team could finally see it.... the head of the Leviathan Class Kaijuu.

 

"If there's a hell on this planet, it's too good for you." the sergeant growled vindictively as he shot one last attack at the massive Kaijuu. 

 

The beast seemed to cry out in agony as it writhed and twisted. It's last few remaining segments evaporated in the acid leaving a slimey blood in their place which seemed to almost be absorbed by the strange coral on the walls. The crew watched as half a segment... the tattered remains of the truly titanic Kaijuu's head spun through the current of the acidic liquid until it crashed through a large hole and disappeared out of sight.

 

"Do... do you think it can rebuild from that?" one of the cadets on board exclaimed.

 

"Whether it can or can't... that is as far as we can go today." the sergeant exclaimed.

 

During the battle the steering and engines on their subs had been destroyed. Because of this they had had no choice but to ride on the current and time their shots for when they miraculously could line up with the Leviathan Class Kaijuu's body. This had been the reason they couldn't finish off the kaijuu completely. Now, as their submarine settled in against the coral coated walls, the sergeant fell back in his chair with a sigh of relief.

 

"Call in command and tell them we are done. Ask them to send a tug our way for extraction."

 

The comms operator on board fiddles with a few switches before turning to the sergeant with a concerned look on his face.

 

"Sir! The signal is down!"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next few hours in command were impossibly tense. Every agent looked into every single angle they could find looking for any hints as to when the portals might reopen but nothing had worked. It was now 10AM, a full 4 hours past the usual time the portals would close. The team had been working for a full 12 hours and exhaustion was starting to kick in.

 

"Sir..." one of the higher ranking officers exclaimed to the general. 

 

General AisHower rubbed his exhausted eyes. Nothing more needed to be said.

 

"Team, you are hereby ordered to return to your dorm rooms and rest up as the backup team comes in to relieve you. It is unlikely we will be able to extract the soldiers until tonight at 10 PM, so I will need you all alert by then. DISMISSED!"

 

The agents looked up bleary eyed but were all far too tired to question the order, and as such started to make their way from their seats and out of the command room.

 

"And... you sir?" the high ranking officer asked the general as the next shift of agents began making their way inside.

 

The general sat still, his eyes not moving from the large screen before him. "I.... I think I am going to stay here for just a little while longer..."