- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter gives a quick tour of the farm. There will be more to the farm later, but for now, this little tour shows a few busy areas of the farm

             Hi there, and welcome to Maria’s Giant Hybrid Farm. We are so glad that you’ve decided to come and visit our humble farm. We are the number one supplier of all organic hybrid products such as Holstaur milk, Bee girl honey, Arachne silk, and so much more. Ah! I see that you and your group want to have a tour of the farm. Well luckily, I have some free time between my other responsibilities so I'd be happy to help you guys out. My name is James and I'll be your tour guide for today. Luckily you made it before just as I was going to call the farm closed, so I can give you a quick tour. Now, would you kindly follow me so I can show you around the farm?

Well, as you all can see to your left this is the main farmhouse, where all the live-in employees stay when the work is done for the day. Our boss and the namesake of the farm, Maria spends part of her day here working out deals for distribution of our products, assigning tasks for the other farmhands, and much more. When she's done with those, she spends some of her time relaxing from the work or visiting her favorite cows, which are coming up on your right here.

Here are Maria's prized cows. She raised this whole herd and more when she had was just starting up. See, what makes these girls so special is that their milk is ten times more nutritious than a normal cow's milk is. Now that's not to say that we don't have normal cows and bulls, we mostly use them for manure, meat, and leather-based products. Their leather is some of the finest that you'd ever laid eyes on, and it just so happens that we sell some products at the gift shop at the end of the tour. All the cows on the farm, including Maria's prized herd, are taken care of by the live-in Holstaurs that work on the farm. If you look closely, you can see a few on the kind ladies checking up on some of them in the distance over there. Now as I mentioned when I met your group, our Holstaurs also have milk that they sell privately through the farm. I know some of you would like to see the milking house, but we have a strict policy in place prohibiting any non-farm employees from entering their milking facilities. We'll be moving on to the dragon caves next if any of you are looking for a real show.

Up next we have our very own dragon caves. I can tell by the look on your faces, you all are wondering "why in the world would a farm have a dragon's cave on it?". As the name of our farm implies, this is a hybrid farm so we take all manner of beings, from the largest dragons to the smallest of insect girls. If you'll all follow me into this elevator, we can ride it all the way to the observation deck. I'll be the first to admit that dragons are very willful and are very intelligent creatures. This means that sometimes they leave their caves to "have some fun" in a nearby town or city and they tend to break some buildings, eat a few people and bring home souvenirs, be it gold or people who have garnered their interest. If we're lucky and they're in a good mood, we can convince the ones that escaped to clean up their mess and bring back those who were taken in their fun. We can't get them to give up the gold though. As it said, never come between a dragon and their horde. Ah, we've arrived.

Oh, as we are entering the main deck, I should mention a few things. Because dragons are highly intelligent and adept at magics, they can alert their form into a full dragon form, a dragon form with male and female genitalia, or to where they're mostly humanoid looking with only some distinct dragon features. Also, they know that we are up here so they might take interest in some of you so be careful on your way home, a dragon might come and snatch you up and bring you back with him or her. Oh, if you look down near the set of very large doors, you can see one of the caretakers for our dragons. His name is Elliot, and he's a cyborg. Out of everyone on the farm, he's the one that all of the dragons trust the most.

We don't just care for our dragons without getting in return, mind you. Because dragon scales are invaluable as tools and crafting materials, they allow us to take any shed scales they have and sell them or use them for tools across the farm. Often when we need to have a large plot of land dug up or cleared for various purposes, we ask them to help out since it's far easier for a dragon then it is for near normal-sized folks. Dragons are truly amazing creatures. Hm? Oh, I think the eldest pair of dragons, Ryoko and Blaze, is staring at someone in the group. Hehe, as I said earlier, be careful on your way home, that couple is known to never let their captives go. Well, I think that's enough for the dragon caves for now. Where should we go now? Oh, I know, how about we visit our fields? I'll just open up a portal near the fields.

It's a mighty fine world we live in. Having magical powers and cybernetic replacement limbs are wonderous. Sorry, can't help but take a step back sometimes and just think about what an age we live in. Alright, let's move on to the fields, please step through here. 

What you're seeing here is but a small portion of out actual fields. It'd take too long to show y'all the entirety of what we grow so I’m only showing you part of them to keep us on schedule. Everyone on the farm eventually helps till, tend, and harvest these fields. Though, there are a few specialists that do the job very well. Our resident bug and plant girls tend to the fields the most, and I must say they do an excellent job. The Honey Bee girls keep all the plants pollinated when needed, the Arachne ladies help keep the insects that would eat any of the plants away, and the Dryads help stimulate the growth of the plants. 

Speaking of the Honeybee girls, did you know that the honey that they make is sweeter and healthier than normal honeybee honey? Our Arachnes silk is one of the strongest naturally produced string materials there is. Researchers often come to the farm and pay for whatever samples they’d be willing to donate for science. It’s quite lucrative for the farm whenever a big research company comes rolling around asking for any hybrid species samples we can spare for the advancement of our world. I’d appreciate it if you guys make a donation to your local research lab? Who knows, maybe they’ll have some of our products.

As we near the end of our tour, I’d like to thank each and every one of you for coming today. I know that our farm may be unusual for some or some don’t trust Hybrid beings, but I’m glad you all made it out here to experience our fantastic facility. Don’t forget to visit our gift shop before you leave for any souvenirs or free samples of our high-quality products. Again, I’ve been James and I’m overjoyed that I got to be your tour guide for this evening. I hope you all have a good night and a safe journey home. And remember, be careful whoever Ryoko and Blaze were staring at, that couple is viable to pick you up on your way home.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Tell me what you think in the reviews. I'd love to here what you guys have to say.