- Text Size +

 The next day was hot and sunny as usual, but also very windy, so the young giantesses decided to go for a stroll through the town. They both wore short-sleeved tops and sandals as well as short pants, having decided that short skirts weren’t such a good choice to wear in crowded areas. Jake sat on his girlfriend’s shoulder, in the shade provided by her wide-brimmed summer hat. He had a splendid view of the town’s buildings and streets below him. Susie and Emma trod slowly and carefully, making sure no cars or pedestrians ended up under their feet. Sandals were the ideal footwear for this kind of excursion, since they didn’t really cause any damage to the streets and pavements.

    Wherever the girls went, people ended up doing one of two things: running for cover or dropping whatever they were doing to stare up at them. The girls avoided the more busy parts of the town, where most of the traffic was, and stuck to the smaller side streets. It was only a small vacation/resort town in any case, not a bustling city. They placed their feet with great care, sometimes cutting across the corners of residential blocks or lifting them up high to step over power lines.

    “I love being big!” Emma said as she stepped over a small house, just for fun. “I can go wherever I want, by myself, and I don’t have to be scared of anything!”

    Susie agreed with her on that. Being a giantess had its downsides, but there were advantages to it too. She could walk down any street and not have to worry about being mugged, attacked or assaulted. She could step over any fence and go into places normal passers-by couldn’t, though she knew she wasn’t allowed to trespass and only did it if she could find no other way of passage. Best of all, her boyfriend could sit way up here on her shoulder, where he could chat with her without being heard and where she could keep him safe and close.

    The girls arrived at a small public square lined by several shops and restaurants. It was crowded with people, most of them vacationers who were shopping around or looking for a place to have breakfast. Almost all of them came to a halt and stared up as the giantesses arrived. Susie looked down at the people below her, her arms folded.

    “Listen up down there!” she said to the crowds, who had fallen quiet. “My friend and I are gonna join you for a bit, okay? We’re not going to hurt or inconvenience anyone, who just want to hang out and have a look around, that’s all. So just carry on doing what you were doing and don’t mind us, okay? If we do get in anyone’s way, we’re really sorry, but we can’t help it. We’re always gonna be this big, but doesn’t mean we’re not allowed to have a life!”

    Her little speech seemed to have worked, as many of the people did resume what they were doing, while others predictably took out their phones and began taking pictures, selfies or videos. Susie and Emma stepped forward into the square and began the process of sitting down. They made sure the area below their butts was clear of people and objects, then sat themselves down and stretched out their legs in front of them, taking care not to knock over any of the little stalls that were set up throughout the square in order to sell stuff.

    “That was a cool speech,” Emma said, grinning.

    “Really? Thanks, Emma! I’ve been practicing it a bit, you know, waiting for the right moment…”

    “Well, it’s about time people started accepting you!” Jake said. “How much longer is it gonna take for them to stop treating you like freaks?”

    Susie gave him a kiss, thankful for his support. She put him down in her lap, which gave him the option of staying with her or jumping down and going off on his own. He chose to stay with her. The girls began looking around, wondering if it was okay for them to lift up some items from the market stalls and inspect them (just for fun – they had no use for items this small). A young woman appeared from the crowd and approached them. Susie recognized her as the girl she’d saved yesterday, Mariana. She looked almost completely recovered from her ordeal, with just a few plasters on her arms showing that she’d been injured. She waved up to Susie, who put her hand down for her to climb into. She then placed Mariana on her thigh, right next to Jake.

    “I’m so glad you’re still here in town!” Mariana said, sounding ecstatic to see her new friend again. “Thanks again for saving me, Susie. I’m really grateful.”

    “Hey now, I wasn’t going to leave you alone on those cliffs! You could’ve died! I’m just happy you’re doing better.” She introduced Emma and Jake, then asked Mariana what she was doing here.

    “Oh, I’m just looking around for a new surfboard – my old one got smashed up good, as you saw yourself. I can’t wait to get back in the ocean!”

    “Are you serious? After what happened to you yesterday?”

    “Yeah, of course! I love surfing, it’s been my favourite thing since I was eight years old! Hey, why don’t you come along later this afternoon, after I’ve found a new board? My brother and some of his friends are gonna be there too, but I don’t really like hanging out with them. I’d much rather spend time with you!”

    “Thanks, that’s really kind…but it’s Jake’s last day by the seaside today, so I’d rather spend it with him, if that’s fine by you.”

    Mariana looked over at Jake, who gave her an apologetic shrug. Again she felt jealous of him, getting to spend all this time with a wonderful girlfriend like Susie. But it was clear that Susie loved her boyfriend a lot, and Mariana knew she couldn’t talk her into spending time with her instead.

    “Sure…but he can come too if he wants to! Have you ever gone surfing before, Jake?” she asked him.

    “Uh, no, not really…I haven’t had plenty of seaside vacations before.”

    “I can teach you how, if you want…”

    They both looked up at Susie, as though she had the final word on what they were allowed to do. Since she herself didn’t have any real plans for today, other than spending time with Jake, she decided it sounded like a good idea.

    “Okay, that does sound like fun…okay, sure, let’s go. Unfortunately, I don’t think they make surfboards my size, so I’ll just have to stick to swimming and tanning.”

    “I don’t think they make waves your size either!” Jake said, making them all laugh.

    “Awesome!” Mariana said. “Cool, then I’ll meet you guys on the main beach later…how about two o’clock? I’ve got to find a new surfboard first. This town is so busy, I hope all the good ones haven’t been sold yet.”

    She slid off Susie’s thigh, gave them a wave and disappeared into the crowds of shoppers. Susie picked Jake up again and held him against her chest.

    “I hope she doesn’t plan on stealing you away from me, Jake,” she said, pressing him against her bosom. “If she does, I swear I’ll take her back to that cliff and leave her there!”

    Jake laughed contemptuously.

    “I don’t think that’ll happen, Susie. Didn’t you see the way she looked at you? I don’t think I’m the one she wants to steal.”

    “You mean…m-me?” Susie said, her eyes widening. Jake and Emma both chuckled at her surprise.

    “Yeah, you big dummy, she’s got a crush on you!” he said. “Maybe you’re right, maybe you shouldn’t have rescued her!”

    “But…but I don’t have a crush on her!” Susie protested. “Oh no, what if she’s got the wrong idea? What if she thinks I’m into her now?”

    “Relax, Susie! You’re always overreacting like this! I think she just wants to be friends, that’s all. She knows you and I are together, she’s not gonna do anything! Just be nice to her, like you always are, maybe she’ll make a good friend. You don’t want to scare her away by acting all jealous and irrational like this, do you?”

    “No…no, you’re right. Okay then, I guess we’d better go back to the tent and change into our swimsuits, if we’re gonna head into the sea again later. Maybe we should grab some lunch there as well. Are you coming too, Emma? You’re more than welcome to join us later today, by the way. I’m sorry, I should’ve told Mariana that you’d be coming too, but I’m sure she wouldn’t mind.”

    “Thanks, Susie, but I think I should go and check how my parents are doing. I’ve been ignoring them kinda these last few days and I want to spend some time with them too. They’ll probably want to go for a picnic or something. I can’t wait to tell them about how I saved that whale!”

    Susie smiled at her, then reached her arm around her shoulders and pulled her in for a hug.

    “You do that…but if you change your mind, you know where to find us.”

    They got up and left the plaza, with Emma heading to the hotel where her parents were staying, while Susie and Jake went back to the tents to get some lunch and change into their swimming outfits. They headed down to the beach at about one o’clock, arriving early to get some more time for tanning. Susie looked for Emma, but couldn’t see her anywhere on the beach or in the town, despite the fact that she was usually visible from a great distance. Emma, had in fact decided to spend the rest of the day with her parents, whom she felt she’d been neglecting these last few days. She had decided to take them to a picnic and had followed the course of a nearby river inland into the countryside, looking for a great spot for such an activity.

    Mariana arrived at the promised time, and Susie lifted her up and gave her a little hug against her shoulder. She had managed to find a new surfboard and she gave it to Susie to look at. It was small enough for Susie to cover completely between her hands. She gave the board back to Mariana, then placed the girl next to Jake in her hand. She stood up and began to walk towards the ocean, carrying her boyfriend and new friend in her hand. But Mariana stopped her and pointed down to the beach below.

    “There’s my brother Diego,” she told them. “And some of his friends as well. Come on, let’s go and say hi! They’re going to freak out when they see who I’ve brought with me!”

    Susie lowered herself down onto her knees, from which position she could lower Jake and Mariana down onto the beach. The group of young men who Mariana had pointed at immediately began to retreat when they saw Susie looming over them, but when one of them saw Mariana running towards them, he stopped the others from fleeing, which they looked like they were about to do.

    “Diego! Guys! Look who my new friend is!” she yelled as she came sprinting towards the group of young guys. They stood and stared at her as she pointed up excitedly at her colossal new friend. Susie was too far away to hear their conversation, but she gave them a little wave and a smile, while Jake remained standing next to her knees, feeling rather shy and wishing he could just be alone with his girlfriend, instead of having to make new friends all the time.

    Susie was about to crawl closer and say hello to Diego and his friends, when all the guys seemed to hurry off in a group, giving her suspicious glances. They headed into the waves with their boards, leaving Mariana standing alone. She stood still for a moment, then returned to Susie and Jake, looking downcast.

    “Let me guess,” Jake said as she approached. “They think Susie is a monster and a giant freak and they want nothing to do with her?”

    “I…I tried to explain to them and tell them that you saved my life, but Diego’s never liked you, you know just from seeing you on TV and stuff, so…”

    Seeing how distraught she looked, Susie lifted her up carefully and hugged her against her chest.

    “Don’t worry, Mariana, I’m used to this kind of thing by now! Some people – mostly guys in my experience – aren’t comfortable getting to know a girl who’s 110 feet tall, and they usually don’t even try to hide their contempt.”

    Mariana felt such a warm, comforting feeling, being held against Susie’s skin like that, that she forgot to answer and just lay there in silence, savouring the moment. Thinking her new friend was getting just a little too comfortable, Susie shook her gently and placed her on her shoulder. The tiny girl wobbled unsteadily on her feet for a second, before falling down and grasping the nearest strands of Susie’s hair for support. Susie giggled.

    “Susie…I’m really sorry,” Mariana said. “All I wanted to do today was show you off to my brother and his friends and brag about how you’re my friend now. They never give me any respect and they’re always teasing me, and I wanted to get back at them…I’m sorry I used you like that.”

    “That’s okay, I understand that feeling. You’re not the first person I’ve become friends with who got a bit carried away. I understand that I can never be just a ‘normal friend’ to anyone, and that people will always treat me differently, no matter how hard they try to act casual around me. Come on, just forget about those tiny jerks down there, and let’s go and have some fun, okay?”

    “Does that include me as well?” Jake shouted from way down on the ground below. He banged his fists against Susie’s leg in order to get noticed.

    “Did you just hear something?” Susie asked Mariana, a pretend look of confusion on her face. “Sounded like someone yelling, but I can’t be sure.”

    “Um, no, can’t say that I did,” Mariana replied, playing along. “Come on, we’re wasting time just sitting here! Let’s go for a swim already!”

    “Okay, that’s very funny, but the sand is really hot down here…so can you please pick me up now?” Jake screamed. He sounded very angry, but a good solid kiss from his giant girlfriend was it all took for him to forgive her for her bit of fun.

    The three of them were soon having the time of their lives in the ocean. Mariana tried out her new surfboard on some of the waves close to shore, and even managed to teach Jake how to stay on the board for a while, before he inevitably tumbled off. Susie, however, found herself sitting on her butt in what was for her only a few inches of water, and she soon suggested a different plan. She took the other two farther from the shore to where the water was about waist-deep to her, and dropped them back in the sea. There weren’t any waves out here, but she could easily make her own by dropping down suddenly into the water. The impact caused by her 350-ton body caused a small tsunami to ripple outward, easily beating the waves closer to shore in terms of size and speed. Mariana was, of course, extremely happy about her new playground.

    After a long while at sea, they returned to the beach for a bit of sun. Susie allowed Mariana to climb up onto her back as she lay on the sand, while Jake stretched himself out on top of her bum. They hadn’t relaxed for very long, however, when someone approached them in a hurry. Susie recognized the young man as one of the ones who’d been with Mariana’s brother, so she reached across her back and plucked up the startled girl, then set her down on the sand next to the visitor.

    “Hi, Tony,” Mariana said, walking up to the young man who was keeping his distance, looking up at Susie’s giant face with apprehension. “I thought you guys didn’t want anything to do with us. Where’s my brother, huh? If he’s sent you to apologize, don’t bother…”

    “That’s not it!” Tony interrupted. “Diego, well, he…he’s in trouble. He was swimming out beyond the buoys, and then there was this current and…well, he got pulled out towards the rocks…”

    “Oh God, that’s exactly what happened to me yesterday! I told him not to go there, I told him it was dangerous…”

    She broke off when she heard laughter behind her. Looking up, she saw Susie giggling.

    “Looks like getting into trouble is a family trait with you!” she said. Then she saw how distressed Mariana looked and said: “Don’t worry, I’ll go after him at once. I can swim a lot faster than any current, I’ll get to him long before he reaches the rocks.”

    “Please save him!” Mariana cried out. “I know we fight a lot, and we never get along…but he’s still my brother and I don’t want him to die!”

    Susie got the message and wasted no time. She gave her butt a little twist, which made Jake slide down and land on the sand below, much to his discomfort. Then she gave Mariana a reassuring squeeze and ran off towards the sea, reaching it in three steps. Jake, Mariana and Tony watched her leave, amazed at how quickly she moved.

    “Looks like Susie’s got to be a superhero again,” Jake said, sighing. “Never a dull moment with her, is there?”

    “She’s so awesome!” Mariana said, wishing once again that Susie could’ve been her girlfriend. “You’re the luckiest guy in the world, Jake, really.”

    Jake didn’t reply; instead, he thought about his promise to himself, to marry Susie at the first opportunity. There were no more second thoughts now – he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. Susie soon returned, holding an exhausted but unharmed Diego safely in her cupped hand. There were no more rude comments or cagy looks from him and his friends. After saving his life, Susie had made a whole bunch of new friends. It was a scene Jake had witnessed many times before: people were scared or mistrustful of the teenage giantess, but as soon as they got to know her even a little bit, they wanted to hang out with her all the time. She’d have no difficulty finding a new boyfriend either, if he hadn’t been around, despite her own shyness and insecurities. There was something about the combination of her great size and strength, her stunning loos and her sweet personality that made her irresistible to him.

    At the end of a long, satisfying day on the beach, Susie and Jake said goodbye to their new friends (Mariana even got a kiss, much to her delight), and headed back to the tent for their final night on vacation. Emma was waiting for them, and the three of them talked about their day for a while before heading to bed, worn out from everything they’d done during the day. For Susie and Emma, this hadn’t been just an ordinary vacation, the kind most families have at some point or other. It had been an adventure and, what was more, had shown them that there was a place and a future for them in a world where they stood out from everyone else.