- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Here is the next chapter of this story. We are going a bit slow but is to create the atmosphere of the story and some background. 

Chapter 1: New World Order 

When the World War IV reached it´s climax, Mexico accepted China´s offer to become it´s strategical comerce ally, in exchange to recover the terriories that the country lost to the USA in the XIX century. Once the War ended, the victorious Countries fulfilled that promise and Mexico retrieved these lands, alongside several spoils of war, included several cities from the fallen Countries, which now would be distributed among the winners, and each Nation would decide upon the fate of the now helpless cities and it´s millions of habitants.

One of these cities was the once proud, might and prosperous Imperial City, one of the main cities of the USA and the world, with a population of over 50 millions of people, core part of the economy of the USA, and home of countless of the most important industries and technology centers, laboratories and much more, as well as the residence of several movie studios, and the place where lots of famous, rich people and top celebrities of the world lived.

But the american dream ended abruptly when their Country lost the War, then suddenly and without any further notice, their city like any other in the losing side, got shrunk and encapsulated, then picked by some colossal scientists and stored away in the shadows; all millions of people were terrified, awaiting for an apocalyptic fate, while most of them were unable to process their new status or believed this was some kind of twisted nightmare.

Soon enough, they discovered this was real, their city was now small enough to be effortlessly lifted by some teenager female scientist with one hand, and placed on a shelf; her size was absolutely unmeasurable for the now tiny humans and most of them ran to hide in fear inside their buildings, knowing well there was nowhere to take shelter from the wrath of this girl; however they were lucky since she was only preparing the cities for further procediures to ensure the final owner of the city, would have the best possible experience.

Around two days has passed since the Imperial City got shrunk and stored away in complete silence and darkness, isolated from the outside world. Fortunately, energy and services such as water or air flow were still operating, all devices were functional, however there was no external signal in the entire city; the local Goverment was trying to keep the peace and order as long as posible, however, as the time passed, people started to get in mass hysteria, some of them looked for shelter in their houses, others arrived to their respective church to pray to any Deity they may believe in, several ones rushed to stores to gather weapons and food and wait for the worst outcome, some others tried to leave the city, only to find out it was imposible due to an impossibly dense glass covering the whole city; some of the Militar Forces tried to use their most powerful and advanced weapons to break trough the glass, but it was a futile effort since at that size they were unable to cause any damage.

At the third day, the city finally received an external, massive source of light; a giant machine was transporting the city to a laboratory; when it reached it´s destination, every single device of the shrunken city got forced to receive the same signal, not even those who tried to turn them off were able to stop the transmission. After few seconds they noticed in all their monitors they had the face of the same young female scientist they saw the first day. She started speaking to the tiny inhabitants, and even tough she was clearly Chinese and was speaking chinese, all the citizens were able to understand her perfectly thanks to some advanced translation software.

Her crude words sank the heart of the habitants of Imperial City:

“Greetings, from now on, you are no longer human beings, you don´t possess any kind of rights anymore, and this whole city, all of it´s habitants and all your belongings are now the property of those who had inherited the new world; be grateful that you have a chance to become useful serving a propose greater than all your lives combined, the faster you get used to your new reality will be better for you and your new owner, but to ensure your absolute loyalty to this better world, we will now proceed to implant all of you with a personal security ID device. Now be quiet and don´t dare to oppose any resistance.”

After hearing these words, all the habitants of Imperial City ran to hide, but it was too late, the glass that covered the city oppened and a huge army of nano machines entered flying to complete the process.   

In the year 2155, every single human being in the planet was implanted with an advanced nano chip that served severla proposes such as a personal ID, and a reliable way to store or share data, make or recive payments, or simply being able to locate a person anywhere on earth at any time, these chips were impossible to remove, but there are rumors about hackers who were able to manipulate some of the info on these chips.

Each of the Nano Machines were more than capable to quickly locate and inmovilize each and every single person in Empire City, no matter where were they hiding; in matter of few minutes, every men, women, children, elders and babies, even pets, all of them got their chip reporgrammed and ready for their new peoposes. The citizens couldn´t oppose any resistence since none of their weapons could damage ore ven make flinch the vicious nano bots.

Once there, the Nano Mahcine Army also implanted a new surveilance system all over the city. After a couple of hours, there was not a single room, corner or dark alley that couldn´t be monitored by the owner of the city. Some shrink/expansion bays were installed at the outside of the city, in case that the owner of the city wanted to shrink or enlarge something or someone, in or out, of the city.

When the reprogramm was done, and the new installations were made, the machines left the city, and the Female Scientist spoke to Imperial City once again:

“Do you see? It wasn´t hard. All of your personal ID chips got updated with a new gadget as well as a new programming more fitting for your new life style. This new software will allow the final owner of the city to find each one of you and even to communicate with you at any desired time, either collectively or individually, but there is more, this new experimental device will allow your owner to even read your thougs in general, and even to upload, download or implant some custom ideas, memories, emotions or feelings directly to your brain.

This software will also inhibit, by force, any suicide or self harming attempt you may have, as well as any attempt to hurt each other or the city environment, so don´t even dare to try it, remember you and everything you see are now property of someone else and you can no longer take decisions over private property, do you?, this is your life now and you have to endure it for a greater good. Lovely don´t you think?

So as I just told you, the faster you get used to your new status, it will be easier for you and your loved ones to keep living under the new rules that your final owner may imposse. Until now, ration carefully your resources (these are the ones you may get in a while), and enjoy your new life and be grateful for this chance.”

After these final words, Imperial City was once again put under the shadows and placed into a shelf for the final delivery to it´s new owner. The habitants of Imperial City were now prisioners of it´s own home and they knew there was little to nothing they could do to resist this fate.

  

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you like this new chapter of the story. Again, if this gets posiive feedback I would be more than pleased to continue it.